PDA

View Full Version : Round 8: TITANS vs SHARKS

DIEHARD
26-06-20, 07:56 PM
TITANS vs SHARKS

DIEHARD
26-06-20, 08:11 PM
Dear Brad

Finally, the Gold Coast Titans are coming home.

The NRL has announced that from next weekend, all teams in the competition will be able to leave their temporary centralised venues, and return to their home stadiums.

This means the Titans will be returning to Cbus Super Stadium for our Round 8 game against the Cronulla Sharks, and will continue to play at Robina for the remainder of the season.

While the Titans are delighted to return to Cbus Super Stadium, and to have more of the Titans Legion with us for game day, there are still very strict conditions accompanying the increase in crowd numbers.

As such, there are many operational issues that need to be worked through over the coming days.

At this point, the Club is still gathering all of the information and how it relates to our return to Cbus Super Stadium.

However, like with the game against the Dragons, Titans Members and the Club’s commercial partners will again receive priority access to seating.

Details around seat allocation, the accommodation of seating groups, availability of retail outlets, corporate hospitality facilities, public transport and ticket availability for the general public will be shared with you next Monday, 29 June.

Until then, please be sure to confirm or update your contact details through your myTitans account. To access you myTitans account, click here (http://click.tmclient.ticketmaster.com/?qs=f49fa9b93e7ae721b0cd06360224a3ba6f05c7ee2ae7ba 9c94bfb25cd98fef84877dc8de9636d00a5839df18e7dd75f0 4bb597aaf93c365f2e87ad63e5fcf517) and then click on 'Sign In'.

Thank you for your support of the Gold Coast Titans.

Regards,

The Gold Coast Titans Membership team

Source: Titans Member Email

TITAN PETE
27-06-20, 07:45 PM
What ever the ticket numbers are we should sell this out considering we are back @ home

DIEHARD
28-06-20, 03:06 PM
Sharks v Manly just kicked off. If you are interested in our competition next weekend.

BundyTitan
28-06-20, 04:42 PM
We are definitely going to need to be on our game next week vs Cronulla. That right side of theirs with Johnson and Katoa looks deadly and that worries me if Kelly and Sami are having an off game defensively. Definitely need to watch that little grubber behind the line too.

Whats Doing
28-06-20, 05:41 PM
We are definitely going to need to be on our game next week vs Cronulla. That right side of theirs with Johnson and Katoa looks deadly and that worries me if Kelly and Sami are having an off game defensively. Definitely need to watch that little grubber behind the line too.

Plus Ramien on that right side

Mr Bods
28-06-20, 05:47 PM
Will Copley be available? Any injuries to Cronulla??

DIEHARD
28-06-20, 06:16 PM
Manly v Sharks highlights

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EhpAp-_qYH4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr Bods
29-06-20, 01:24 PM
Bit disappointed the crowd is going to be capped at only 2000

Titanic
29-06-20, 01:53 PM
Cronulla’s pack is our problem ... they have size but mobility as well.

Dooldog76
29-06-20, 03:17 PM

Added to that they have their spine back together with Moylan, Johnson and Townsend all playing. Pretty dangerous when all three are fully fit. Moylan and Johnson tore us apart last year.

Mexican titan
29-06-20, 03:38 PM
Bit disappointed the crowd is going to be capped at only 2000

Well you have new family commitments now so that is one less I have to worry about in the ballot.

Mr Bods
29-06-20, 04:42 PM
Well you have new family commitments now so that is one less I have to worry about in the ballot.

No Comment

TITAN PETE
29-06-20, 07:44 PM

Agree mate especially with Uele he has come along really well & hits like a truck but I do believe Hipgrave can be a great match for him along with Kelly on Ramien this game should be brilliant we just have to play the same way we did against the Donkeys

Plus we have the Don :eyebrows:

GCTTSD
29-06-20, 09:22 PM
Our left side defence with Kelly and done rushing out of the line at Johnson, nikora and ramien will be our biggest problem on the weekend. If we bring the same energy in defence though we will always be in with a chance

DIEHARD
30-06-20, 12:08 AM
Titans v Sharks: Roberts to bolster winning combination
https://www.nrl.com/

These two sides piled on 70 points between them in round seven as they broke the shackles in a big way to post impressive wins.

The Titans were averaging a meagre 11 points per game before running 30 past the battling Broncos on Saturday while the Matt Moylan-inspired Sharks beat Manly 40-22 to easily surpass their previous best score of 26 in round four.

Confidence breeds confidence so there should be no shortage of free-flowing attack as Moylan, Shaun Johnson, Jesse Ramien and Sione Katoa match motors with a reinvigorated Ash Taylor and a posse of flyers headlined by the in-form Phillp Sami and Brian Kelly.

Titans: Tyrone Roberts (ankle) was said to be nearing full fitness last week but didn’t play. He could come into calculations again. Few changes are expected to a winning team.

Sharks: Josh Dugan was taken off late in the win against Manly as a precaution due to calf tightness. The centre confirmed on Twitter that he should be ready to play after recovering this week.

Key match-up
Corey Thompson v Matt Moylan. Thompson was strong in his first full match for the Titans, recording 134 metres at fullback. He’s up against Moylan, who contributed two try assists the win over Manly and looked to have his old spark back.

Stat attack
In the six games he has played this year, Titans prop Moeaki Fotuaika has run for 1000m, an average of 166.6m per match. In the win over the Broncos he ran for 154m on 15 carries.

shamus
30-06-20, 05:47 AM
Our left side defence with Kelly rushing out of the line

This is my concern. More Kelly then Don IMO. Opposing coaches would train for this as it is so obvious.

Croc
30-06-20, 06:29 AM
Let’s all just hope Wallace is dropped.. bring in Fermor

Canon
30-06-20, 06:49 AM
In case anyone isn't checking their emails, members need to register for the ticket draft by 5pm today...

mdrew
30-06-20, 07:46 AM
If the refs penalise Andrew Fifita for not playing the ball correctly we should win the penalty count by a mile.

NZFan
30-06-20, 09:56 AM
Our left side defence with Kelly and done rushing out of the line at Johnson, nikora and ramien will be our biggest problem on the weekend. If we bring the same energy in defence though we will always be in with a chance

Don is on the other side of the field. Sami and Kelly will be marking that side. Last year they absolutely killed us down that edge but from memory it was Peachey and Sami. Don will be up against Goodwin. Battle of the journeymen.

Croc
30-06-20, 03:32 PM
Oh no, peachy is in the centres again.. he is horrible there.. and Wallace still in the 17.. Copley in the reserves..

willhelm
30-06-20, 03:37 PM
Don't think Wallace will get dropped for Fermor. That would leave us with just 1 prop on the bench.

Croc
30-06-20, 03:57 PM
Anyone know why GL won’t get a go? He seems to get really good wraps when playing in reserve games. Wouldn’t he be a good replacement for Copley if his injured instead of rushing off the line and getting found out peachy

JunctionBlock
30-06-20, 04:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/heeP5sN.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know why GL won’t get a go? He seems to get really good wraps when playing in reserve games. Wouldn’t he be a good replacement for Copley if his injured instead of rushing off the line and getting found out peachy

Anyone know why Wallace gets another start is my first question.

Croc
30-06-20, 05:26 PM
Haha I’m stumped too!

Mr Bods
30-06-20, 05:53 PM
I can cope with Wallace getting another go but I just hate Peachey being in the Centres

Bayside Titan
30-06-20, 06:01 PM
If the refs penalise Andrew Fifita for not playing the ball correctly we should win the penalty count by a mile.

Agree mate. His play the balls are horrible.

GCTTSD
30-06-20, 06:09 PM
Peachey looked really good playing in the middle ad a roaming ball player he brings energy off the bench that's where he should always be as a utility, time to move Copley on and invest in some of the young talent, solid player when fit but always one week in one week out with some injury its not helping our edges build combinations in defence and attack we need stability to build combinations

TITAN PETE
30-06-20, 07:18 PM
I’m really hoping for team changes with no17 being rested & replaced by no19,
Give Beau a go & never ever pick Wallace again but maybe that’s just me :thumbsup:

JunctionBlock
01-07-20, 09:18 AM
Give Beau a go & never ever pick Wallace again but maybe that’s just me :thumbsup:

You're not alone.

Dooldog76
01-07-20, 09:30 AM

Not just you mate. I would love this.

lonegull
01-07-20, 10:08 AM

What you said not alone on this one

Titslover
01-07-20, 12:46 PM
I think we all want Wallace dropped and Beau to come in, but like Willhelm said we can’t have just 1 prop on the bench. I can’t see it happening unless Carty is the one who gets replaced

willhelm
01-07-20, 12:53 PM
I’d love to see Whitbread and Fermor in for Wallace and Carty

Whats Doing
01-07-20, 12:56 PM
I would say with government announcement yesterday we should be able to get 13,700 fans on Saturday

Titanic
01-07-20, 02:33 PM
Do we have 13,600 fans ... the Guppies only bring 100

DIEHARD
01-07-20, 03:06 PM
Anything official about the crowd? If so, let's spread the word. Try to get as many there as possible.

DIEHARD
01-07-20, 03:08 PM
Titans v Sharks LeagueUnlimited preview
https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34726-titans-v-sharks-preview/

Bayside Titan
01-07-20, 03:37 PM
I would say with government announcement yesterday we should be able to get 13,700 fans on Saturday

Here is an excerpt from the Titans email re the games going forward. Note that the Sharks game is a trail at 2000 then the Titans / CBUS need to then be approved by the QLD Government.

Please see below.
————————————-

Queensland State Government guidelines require each venue to conduct a trial of 2000 spectators before a maximum of 25 per cent of the venue capacity will be permitted.

Therefore, for this Saturday’s match against the Cronulla Sharks, the crowd capacity will be capped at 2000 spectators.

Provided this trial of 2000 spectators runs to the satisfaction of the Queensland Government, the Titans will then be allowed to host a maximum of 6922 spectators (25 per cent of capacity) at the Warriors match the following Friday night, and for all future home games in 2020 or until restrictions are eased further.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything official about the crowd? If so, let's spread the word. Try to get as many there as possible.

Here Diehard.

Canon
01-07-20, 04:15 PM
Anyone get notification about the ballot results? Originally was to be at 9am today with notification of whether successful or not by 12pm but I can't see anything.

TITAN PETE
01-07-20, 04:59 PM

The crowd is capped at 2000 for this match but members allocation is much less

I will be there :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone get notification about the ballot results? Originally was to be at 9am today with notification of whether successful or not by 12pm but I can't see anything.

I think there will be an email going out tomorrow if you were successful in being allocated tickets

shamus
01-07-20, 05:06 PM
The crowd is capped at 2000 for this match but members allocation is much less

I will be there :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Me toooo..

TITAN PETE
01-07-20, 05:09 PM
Me toooo..

We have been there for 13 years which should count for something

Mr Bods
01-07-20, 05:34 PM
Flexing Watch

Whats Doing
01-07-20, 05:35 PM
I got an email from the club that I was successful in getting tickets

Croc
01-07-20, 05:44 PM
Lucky! I didn’t get anything so I guess I wasn’t! No biggy.. my babysitter wasn’t going to be available anyways so might of found it hard to get someone to come along with me

timor 2
01-07-20, 06:10 PM
Hopefully we get the 2000 people....hope we can get a win

Mr Bods
01-07-20, 06:16 PM
I’ll put it out there now
I better not see people wearing Sharks gear at the game

Mr Bods
02-07-20, 02:29 PM
Flexing Watch II

Bayside Titan
02-07-20, 04:22 PM
Got my tickets.

Croc
02-07-20, 05:06 PM
Me too! Found someone to go with too.. wife staying home! Hopefully we lift like last week

ozynorts
02-07-20, 07:41 PM
Happy for those who have tickets (and very jealous), enjoy and make your presence felt.

Mr Bods
02-07-20, 08:04 PM
Do we know yet who’s the referee?

Hail Sezer
03-07-20, 09:17 AM
Proctor & Sami out with injury.

Fermor to debut.

indoallstars
03-07-20, 09:22 AM
Proctor & Sami out with injury.

Fermor to debut.

Actually???? Big news!

Who will slot into the backline, I imagine Corey would have to shift to wing and T Roberts to fullback?

Croc
03-07-20, 09:25 AM
Surely GL to the wing.. But can we play him when his not listed in the reserves? Thompson to stay at back.. he looked good there last week, not sure how this plays out

Upthetits
03-07-20, 09:42 AM
For mine Corey Thompson is either fullback or not on the field. He just doesn't have the height for a winger.

Super excited to see fermor get a run!!!

lonegull
03-07-20, 09:44 AM
being reported Roberts to fullback and Thompson to the wing, with Fermor coming into the 17 also

willhelm
03-07-20, 10:03 AM
Roberts, yuck. Don’t understand why it’s not just a straight swap for GL.

Hail Sezer
03-07-20, 10:21 AM
Roberts, yuck. Don’t understand why it’s not just a straight swap for GL.

Because GL wasn’t named in the squad

We have to user a player from that list if there’s someone adequate there

willhelm
03-07-20, 10:37 AM
Because GL wasn’t named in the squad

We have to user a player from that list if there’s someone adequate there

Ok that makes sense

Hail Sezer
03-07-20, 10:42 AM
Ok that makes sense

Still a massive downer to see Roberts back, and at fullback.

lonegull
03-07-20, 10:53 AM
Also another scrimmage will be taking place between the titans and sharks with fringe players having a run

Mr Bods
03-07-20, 11:21 AM
Proctor/Sami out with Fermor/Roberts in would be making Cronulla fans think they now only have to successfully turn up to the right ground on time

- - - Updated - - -

Proctor to miss at least two games
Sami up To six weeks
Both injuries done at training
Good grief

willhelm
03-07-20, 11:28 AM
ffs Condon

Mr Bods
03-07-20, 11:41 AM
ffs Condon

I’ve explained numerous times that my issue with Condon was recovery of injuries. I’ve been consistent.
Then the Catterick trio was a great year but unfortunately we had Brennan.
And now with Ferris back in charge it seems to be quantity of injury happening off field and not being able to run games out

Wilhelm has been acting as a troll towards me even though I’ve politely explained this too many times for maybe 12 months or more now.
I’m going to block you Wilhelm. It gets tiring repeating the same thing. It shows a lack of respect towards me so that’s enough.
Go ahead and take your pot shots knowing I’m not reading them from here on.

Back to the footy-goddam TRoberts at Fullback.
He is a defence liability
Played no footy
Kick returns are terrible
Susceptible under the high ball
The only positive is he may add some good creativity in backline movements sweeping out wide

I think losing Sami and being forced by the rules to make this reshuffle is a huge blow

willhelm
03-07-20, 12:08 PM
lol

An ability to laugh at oneself is a great virtue. Give it back to me, Bods. I welcome the banter.

Mr Bods
03-07-20, 12:20 PM
The market has eased us out from $2.60 to $2.90 with these losses.

Dobes
03-07-20, 12:36 PM
I reckon I'd rather chuck Peachey at fullback and just move someone into the centres. I get the feeling that Roberts at fullback is going to be a disaster

gotitans101_
03-07-20, 12:54 PM
More injuries, yay.

And Tyrone Roberts back at fullback...Sharks by 50.

Bayside Titan
03-07-20, 01:00 PM
ffs Condon

Greg Condon is not associated with the club anymore. Hasn’t been for a few years now.

Mr Bods
03-07-20, 01:08 PM
Greg Condon is not associated with the club anymore. Hasn’t been for a few years now.

Wilhelm knows that.....he’s going back to many moons ago when I was very active in expressing that I felt we were too slow in getting players back on deck during his tenure

- - - Updated - - -

More injuries, yay.

And Tyrone Roberts back at fullback...Sharks by 50.

James/AJ/Pearson/Proctor/Sami all injured not playing the game but In training.
I don’t think it’s just bad luck.
We have a new problem.

T0ken
03-07-20, 01:26 PM
Anyone know if presto jr is ready yet? I’d rather give him a go than go back to Roberts at fullback

mdrew
03-07-20, 01:27 PM
Jayden is not ready yet but he is in three year deal so he has time and potential on his side.

Anyone know if presto jr is ready yet? I’d rather give him a go than go back to Roberts at fullback

JunctionBlock
03-07-20, 03:50 PM
Oh boy we are in real trouble now.

Happy for injuries to happen at training than in a game but the 21 we named really left us with limited options.

Time to change my tip and captain SJ in SuperCoach.

indoallstars
03-07-20, 04:06 PM
Well if there is one good outcome of this, we get to see how our team performs with last minute changes (surprisingly our team sometimes plays better with final changes and people getting injured on the field - go figure!).

I am worried about the size of our back like, we are holding a lot of small people so I at least hope the game plan is to move the ball around and utilise offloads and second phase plays. I feel this will be the only way we can win.

Or...... Matt Moylan, Shaun Johnson overplay their hand and are completely out of sync and their whole spine is playing individually instead of as a team.

But whoever shows up on game day will be the winner..... Any Given Saturday!

Dooldog76
03-07-20, 04:41 PM
We are all agreed. Roberts is a liability. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a last minute scratching. Thompson needs to be fullback. That is his position, let him keep it.

DIEHARD
03-07-20, 04:54 PM
I'm shocked to see Thompson not at 1.

Mr Bods
03-07-20, 06:07 PM
Was just having a wAlk with Mrs Bods and in our conversation I told her about James/Pearson/Proctor/Sami/AJ all top 17 players unavailable due to various injuries and incidents off field and she described that happening in one word.
“Embarrassing”.
She’s right.
We will cop it this year because we are reshaping our list and salary cap but I’ll be watching with interest any changes the Coach makes next off season in S and C.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the article says the Coach won’t finalise the 17 until tomorrow so there is still hope that TRoberts isn’t the FB.

jacksonm
04-07-20, 08:35 AM
If Roberts can’t last the 80 minutes, what are our options. As Roberts can’t play wing interchanging with Thompson is not an option. Not sure what the fascination is with having Tyrone in the side

Mr Bods
04-07-20, 10:17 AM
I was at the Suns game where they let in only 2000 and I saw the normally quiet grumble members like myself put in an extra effort and join in the Cheering of the Suns Cheer Squad. I think it made a real difference and made that match a proper home game for them.

Can I please encourage people that won the lottery and are attending today to please get around any cheers that The Legion or whomever else that has a crack at creating atmosphere and make today a home game.

I’ve noticed on social media there are a lot of GC/Tweed residents (non community oxygen and sewerage system extra users) who barrack for Cronulla trying to get hold of tickets for today GRRR.

Let’s make sure today is a proper home game for us by having only Titans fans there and being extra noisy.

Fire Up and lets have some extra culture.

gotitans101_
04-07-20, 12:53 PM
I'm shocked to see Thompson not at 1.

I don't get it either. Just stick with the same spine, ffs.

Titslover
04-07-20, 12:57 PM
I hate it too but what other solution would we have with the 21 man squad we named?

Titslover
04-07-20, 01:09 PM
oh man just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, Kelly is out and Cartwright centre. Clark and Boyd on the bench, wtf are we supposed to do with 3 hookers

NZTITAN
04-07-20, 01:11 PM
Greg Leleisiuao has to feel very unlucky right now

Dobes
04-07-20, 01:15 PM
Greg Leleisiuao has to feel very unlucky right now

Surely next week he's gotta be at least named in the top 21.

Hail Sezer
04-07-20, 01:16 PM
I hate it too but what other solution would we have with the 21 man squad we named?

Exactly.

How bad is our ability to keep players healthy? No point building a good roster when we can’t even keep them fit to play. It’s embarrassing and happens often enough for it to be more than bad luck.

NZTITAN
04-07-20, 01:32 PM
Spry And Pere Shine With Big Try Haul In Scrimmage Draw

Titans.com.au

The Titans showed plenty of fighting spirit to twice dig themselves out of deep holes to salvage a 24-all draw with Cronulla in the nine-a-side scrimmage game at Cbus Stadium.

The pick-up game between players not included in the 17-man NRL squads had a bit of everything, with some brilliant attacking football and juicy defence in glorious sunshine at Robina.

With the Titans’ NRL backline stocks taking a hammering with injuries in recent weeks, Kea Pere and Treymain Spry picked an opportune time to make a statement and impress coach Justin Holbrook – bagging five tries between them.

Pere picked up a hat-trick and Spry a double, and both looked terrific in general play.

Young half Toby Sexton was another to impress, showing plenty of confidence to back himself and experiment with a few things – not always successfully – to look the goods as a future playmaker for the Titans.

The Sharks jumped out to an 8-0 lead after just seven minutes, with the Titans sluggish and seemingly more keen on using arms than shoulders in defence to let Cronulla run through the line at will.

But Spry’s quick-fire double in the 8th and 10th minutes quickly squared the ledger and ignited the Titans, Spry both times combining with Sexton down the left edge to find room.

The second try was a brilliant individual effort from Spry, who careered 30m down field on an angled run, looking menacing with the ball in one hand.

Sexton was the next to shine in the 12th minute, blasting through four Sharks defenders in the middle of the field on a tough, hard run, and then positioning Ioane Seiuli beautifully with a one-handed off-load to give the Titans the lead.

The Sharks squared it up at 12-all at halftime, and the two teams traded scoring blows in the second half until Cronulla pushed clear with a 24-16 lead.

Sexton showed class to lead the Titans out of trouble, working the left side with Spry to put Pere over in the 10th minute, and then beautifully holding up a pass to put Sam Stone through a gap three minutes later.

Stone found the ever-present Nathan Peats in support, and the hooker patiently waited for a hole to open before delivering a one-way ticket to the tryline for Pere to bag his third.

The Titans had a bit of luck, with the Sharks nearly scoring the match-winner from the restart, but some desperate Titans defence forced an error with the game at Cronulla’s mercy, and the Gold Coast escaped with the draw.

TITANS 24 (Kea Pere 3, Treymain Spry 2, Ioane Seiuli tries) drew SHARKS 24 at Cbus Super Stadium.

Mr Bods
04-07-20, 01:47 PM
What happened to Kelly?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.

How bad is our ability to keep players healthy? No point building a good roster when we can’t even keep them fit to play. It’s embarrassing and happens often enough for it to be more than bad luck.

HS is a god of a man. Even if you think i am a dribbler, listen to HS.

NZFan
04-07-20, 01:52 PM
This is going to be a tough watch. Cartwright marking Ramien? Oh man. Our forwards hould keep us in the game but Ash will have to have an absolute blinder for us to ave a chance.

JunctionBlock
04-07-20, 01:53 PM
This is going to be hard to watch. Not sure if there will be much to cheer about Bods. We’ve lost our entire backline except for The Don.

Bayside Titan
04-07-20, 01:54 PM
Just saw PETE and Shamus here. It’s good to be back. I saw 2 Sharks jerseys.

But really scary at the amount of injuries.

GCTTSD
04-07-20, 01:55 PM
Why couldn't spry or one of the guys that played in the scrimmage join the bench or go center, surely we should be allowed special rules after so many injuries, Carty is not a center

Mr Bods
04-07-20, 01:59 PM
This is going to be hard to watch. Not sure if there will be much to cheer about Bods. We’ve lost our entire backline except for The Don.

I already believe in our Coach but if we win this the man is already a SuperCoach.
Great to be here even if I’m in the nosebleeds section.

gotitans101_
04-07-20, 02:02 PM
Who is responsible for keeping this team fit and healthy? Something is not right there...every year seems to be the same as far as injuries are concerned?

willhelm
04-07-20, 02:11 PM
Where is Kelly?

JunctionBlock
04-07-20, 02:12 PM
That’s an example of where we should have taken a tackle after the on field ref missed the knock on. Play the ball fast and then score. What a shame

- - - Updated - - -

Where is Kelly?

Injured

Mr Bods
04-07-20, 02:16 PM
JB I Was hoping for a little more info then that

Titslover
04-07-20, 02:17 PM
“failed to recover from a quad strain against broncos”

JunctionBlock
04-07-20, 02:23 PM
JB I Was hoping for a little more info then that

Actually haven’t heard. Only assuming injury given the week. Team lists just says Cartwright comes in for Kelly who drops right out of the team list.

- - - Updated - - -

“failed to recover from a quad strain against broncos”

Hopefully a lesson learnt if they knew he was carrying an injury to have the right people in the 21

Dooldog76
04-07-20, 02:23 PM
Have to switch Thompson at fullback in defence.

NZFan
04-07-20, 02:33 PM
How sweet was that! Have to get Thompson to fullback in defence. I’d give my left nut never to Roberts in a Titans jersey again

JunctionBlock
04-07-20, 02:33 PM
Old boy has some speed.

Hopefully we can keep this level of intensity up and leave Wallace on the bench all game. Sharks are thinking much like a lot of us that we’d be a walkover.

Boonarga
04-07-20, 02:35 PM
Someone remind Taylor that he's not captain.

gotitans101_
04-07-20, 02:38 PM
Cartwright is so ****ing slow lol

NZFan
04-07-20, 02:42 PM
Roberts Roberts Roberts. May as well have a paper bag defending at fullback

Dooldog76
04-07-20, 02:42 PM
I hate those soft tries. Arrow missed that one.

gotitans101_
04-07-20, 02:43 PM
Roberts Roberts Roberts. May as well have a paper bag defending at fullback

That was Arrow...Roberts stood no chance, but yeah the attempt was still poor.

GCTTSD
04-07-20, 02:45 PM
Thompson needs to defend at fullback Roberts is way to slow and has poor positioning

jacksonm
04-07-20, 02:49 PM
Roberts at FB is a mistake and it’s on on a Holbrook. Either play him in the halves or he just adds nothing in size, speed , kick return. Just a very poor selection

TitansState
04-07-20, 02:49 PM
Good to see Ash threatening to run the ball. Makes the plays more unpredicatable. Fermor's looking the goods too.

Boonarga
04-07-20, 02:51 PM
Fermor will learn from that one. Look both sides son

JunctionBlock
04-07-20, 02:52 PM
4 knock ons for Peachey now? Fermour just bombed that one big time. Didn’t like Ash screaming after the fact though. First game and makes a mistake to have Ash screaming at you. He’s played brilliant today but that’s not helpful.

Dooldog76
04-07-20, 02:53 PM
We're looking hungry.

NZFan
04-07-20, 02:55 PM
4 knock ons for Peachey now? Fermour just bombed that one big time. Didn’t like Ash screaming after the fact though. First game and makes a mistake to have Ash screaming at you. He’s played brilliant today but that’s not helpful.

I disagree mate. Ash is trying his guts out. He was screaming for the ball and it should have gone to him. Can't do a lot about it now though. That combination is looking good. Fermor runs good lines

NZTITAN
04-07-20, 02:56 PM
How good is Fermor? can't remember a time we've had a back-rower this quick, McQueen maybe?

Ash is looking strong and Corey Thompson is excellent

Mr Bods
04-07-20, 02:57 PM
This referee is giving me the poos
We should be getting a better rub of the green than this

Hail Sezer
04-07-20, 03:00 PM
Roberts at FB is a mistake and it’s on on a Holbrook. Either play him in the halves or he just adds nothing in size, speed , kick return. Just a very poor selection

I don’t think this is a fair post. He’s got no choice with the 21 named, I thought we established this.

Fermor is showing why he has such good wraps. We have a genuine backrower gents!

Ausphin
04-07-20, 03:03 PM
How good to see some of our recruits this year having an impact.

Corey Thompson is a bundle of energy and will be great for our club.

Fermor looking great. Yes he bombed a try but in 40 minutes he has made 2 clean breaks. Can't remember last time we had a backrower in space.

I also don't know how anyone can watch Joliffe and not think he will be part of our long term plans. Big body, but more importantly has a massive motor when he is out there. Also makes good contact in tackles. He really impresses me.

Throw in Lisone and Fogarty has started to look more threatening this week as well.

GCTTSD
04-07-20, 03:07 PM
I'd like to see Boyd playing more of a running role in the centers instead of Carty or peachey

Boonarga
04-07-20, 03:10 PM
I hope KP is watching Fermor. That's how hole running is done.

gotitans101_
04-07-20, 03:19 PM
game over.

NZFan
04-07-20, 03:20 PM
Ref killing us since half time

JunctionBlock
04-07-20, 03:20 PM
I disagree mate. Ash is trying his guts out. He was screaming for the ball and it should have gone to him. Can't do a lot about it now though. That combination is looking good. Fermor runs good lines

It was the berating after the mistake that I’m saying was uncalled for. He’s not a captain.

Mr Bods
04-07-20, 03:21 PM
What’s the name of this referee please?
For future reference

Titanic
04-07-20, 03:22 PM
Now we’ll see what we’re made of.

gotitans101_
04-07-20, 03:22 PM
What’s the name of this referee please?
For future reference

Chris Sutton

Mr Bods
04-07-20, 03:24 PM
Chris Sutton

The third of the Sutton Cheating Conglomerate
Thank u

Nam78
04-07-20, 03:25 PM
I can see we are trying our guts out! But I can't get over all the forward passes and crappy plays the sharks are getting away with....very disappointing to watch to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously the Titans games cause me to drink more!....

Mr Bods
04-07-20, 03:26 PM
Is there an update on Rein?

And now TBoyd too?

JunctionBlock
04-07-20, 03:28 PM
Are we going to be able to name 17 players next week?

Dooldog76
04-07-20, 03:29 PM
Roberts. Get rid of him.

gotitans101_
04-07-20, 03:30 PM
Straight through Fermor.

Mr Bods
04-07-20, 03:30 PM
I know it’s not TRoberts fault but seriously could he just once make a try saving tackle

NZFan
04-07-20, 03:31 PM
I’m willing to throw in my right nut as well to see the back of Roberts.

JunctionBlock
I know it’s not TRoberts fault but seriously could he just once make a try saving tackle

The answer to that is a resounding No

Bayside Titan
Lisone passed HIA.

Mr Bods
04-07-20, 03:36 PM
Rein/TBoyd?

mdrew
04-07-20, 03:38 PM
Rein knee, Boyd shoulder

gotitans101_
04-07-20, 03:44 PM
You're all blaming Roberts but Fermor's defence is atrocious.

Nam78
Lose carry leads to a penalty against us....then easy try.

Mr Bods
I’ll be glad when this ends
What a disappointing experience for the members this is
I think Dan Ferris needs to say something to the members about why we are so depleted mainly due to off field stuff

This is a poo sandwich for Holbrook

Titanic
04-07-20, 03:45 PM
Made of wet straw :-( leading into half time I thought we were competing but I am a shattered spectator now.

indoallstars
Can we hook Cartwright and Tyrone Roberts off our team permanently, honestly softest players and always out of sync with the team. Never want to see these two in the team agin

Mr Bods

Actually I said “it’s not Roberts fault but....”

NZFan

You’re not wrong. He’s been found out today. Roberts has been equally bad though

Dooldog76
04-07-20, 03:48 PM
Wheels are off now.

gotitans101_
04-07-20, 03:51 PM
Mitch Rein (calf) - TBC

Young Tonumaipea (knee) – mid-season

Beau Fermor (knee) – mid-season

AJ Brimson (back) – indefinite

Ryan James (knee) – season

Jonus Pearson (pectoral – season

and this list is missing

KP

Copley

Kelly

Sami

Something just not quite right about that.

TitanPremiership
04-07-20, 03:53 PM
One positive I can see is imagine Fifita running through those gaps Fermor went through in the first half...I don't want to blame injuries too much but they definitely didn't help us so I've mostly just blocked this second half from memory.

JunctionBlock
04-07-20, 03:59 PM
Are we already crucifying Fermor? I think if anything it shows we don’t need to offer KP a contract at all. First game ffs. Give him a break.

mdrew
04-07-20, 04:00 PM
No one to blame but myself for daring to dream. I am an absolute idiot. .

indoallstars
04-07-20, 04:01 PM
The injuries arent good but still shouldn't have been blown out like that after the score at half time.

Don was our best on field today, Mo, Joliffee, Clark, Hipgrave, Peachey, Arrow, Fogarty, Corey, Ash, Lisone can all hold the heads up high.

Cartwright FAIL

Tyrone Roberts FAIL (needs to not even be mentioned in our team again)

Dooldog76
04-07-20, 04:05 PM
Comprehensively beaten in the second half. Even so, the first half was great. Players out of position hurt us today and it is clear that Roberts should not be in the squad anymore. Didn't offer much to be honest. Cartwright is also not a centre, but what can you do? Fermor will improve but how good was it to see him hitting holes at speed. Once all the pieces fall into place we will be more than competitive. I thought we might jag a win today, but even with the scoreline I'm not too upset. We kept having a crack.

NZTITAN
04-07-20, 04:10 PM
Fermor was a late addition on debut, on a disjointed 13 due to injuries, off an ACL rehab, playing 80 minutes, on an edge with Ash Taylor, Peachey, the likes of Erin Clark (no disrespect) at lock and Wallace on defense, still ran for sub-200 metres and yet he gets called out by some here, sad. He looked good out there and was clearly gassed in the second half, think he has potential to be a real cornerstone in the pack long-term with Mo and Tino.

Not much to say from that game however. Mo, Corey and Don were terrific as was Ash. No more Roberts at 1 next week please literally anyone else, go and wheel out Shannon Walker if you have to.

TitanPremiership
04-07-20, 04:20 PM
I liked Fermor in attack today and I'd be lying if I didn't say was dreaming that Fifita was licking his lips looking at the gaps Ash put him through...

Dooldog76
04-07-20, 04:22 PM
One other thing, who was captain today? If it was arrow, why was he off the field for so long? Lacked leadership today.

NZFan
04-07-20, 04:23 PM
If you are referring to me I’d like to clarify that I still thought he played well. He definitely showed a lot of potential and I’d have him on the bench next week. It was refreshing to see somebody hitting holes and running great lines. His defence tailed off in the second half but as you’ve correctly pointed out NZTITAN he was defending in a pretty disjointed line and he was more than likely gassed from his lack of game time leading into the game.

gotitans101_
04-07-20, 04:25 PM
Sick of all the bias media reporting. Moylan injured Moylan injured Moylan injured and Sharks still thrashed the Titans...yet no mention of an injury depleted Titans side. It's so infuriating. I have 0 doubts we would have been able to roll with the Sharks had we had more players available.

Bayside Titan
04-07-20, 04:28 PM
No one to blame but myself for daring to dream. I am an absolute idiot. .

Whys that mate ? You’re far from and idiot.

Hail Sezer
04-07-20, 04:30 PM
Are we already crucifying Fermor? I think if anything it shows we don’t need to offer KP a contract at all. First game ffs. Give him a break.

100%. It’s ridiculous. Kid on debut first proper game off and ACL injury, working on a defensive edge between Taylor & Peachey, being peppered by SJ & friends.

Edit: forgot to mention Roberts takes responsibility for calling numbers, spacing and defensive pressure from the back. He’s always been terrible at it from fullback and it’s noticeable.

Whats Doing
04-07-20, 05:17 PM
The biggest problem was the goal line defence. It was atrocious all day

TITAN PETE
04-07-20, 05:19 PM
When you pick 3 halves & 3 hookers we were always going to be in trouble

We start again next week but surely we can’t see 3 names again selected

Cartwright
Roberts
Wallace

The knockers of young Beau should maybe take a good look at his game , plenty to like about his commitment & attitude & he’ll get much better with decisions under pressure like tonight, Great debut

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest problem was the goal line defence. It was atrocious all day

Too small

Titanic
04-07-20, 05:26 PM
No one to blame but myself for daring to dream. I am an absolute idiot. .I’m with you ... I nearly posted during the week that the Sharks boast a huge side ... up until halftime we had their measure but in the end our errors, no rub of the green from Sutton v.3 and a pop-gun bench stuffed us. It’s easy to say we were lucky to have so many hookers but that only applies in Kings Cross ... very disappointed in our capitulation.

Bayside Titan
04-07-20, 05:35 PM
When you pick 3 halves & 3 hookers we were always going to be in trouble

We start again next week but surely we can’t see 3 names again selected

Cartwright
Roberts
Wallace

The knockers of young Beau should maybe take a good look at his game , plenty to like about his commitment & attitude & he’ll get much better with decisions under pressure like tonight, Great debut

- - - Updated - - -

Too small

Sharks big boys ran at Tanah Boyd all game and I thought he handled himself well.

Dooldog76
04-07-20, 06:18 PM
Loving the warriors game

ozynorts
04-07-20, 06:43 PM
The sharks bench were monstrous, we weren’t able to contain that.
Impressive debut by Fermor, yes he made some errors in defence but huge potential.
Once again Cartwright and Roberts showed they aren’t NRL standard. We have a fullback, let him play there.
We are miles away from the teams in and around the top eight, there is a huge gulf between the top 6 and the rest. We just need to keep working through our roster giving game time to everyone and moving on those who don’t aim up.

- - - Updated - - -

Loving the warriors game

Yes I loved that game.

Mr Bods
04-07-20, 07:44 PM
I thought we may go winless this season so each win we have got has been fools gold.
We have an awful roster and it’s now injury ravaged epically.
May these horrendous losses be a good pointer to Justin and Mal as to what we need to get and who we need to get rid of.

The temptation often is to re-sign people that we shouldn’t, these losses show the decision makers that we need to perform drastic surgery to our salary cap and roster.

So be it.

mdrew
05-07-20, 06:53 AM
I think Tannah Boyd deserves a big wrap he looked like he was gone with a shoulder injury late in the match but made it back on the field and did not shirk his defensive duties. With Rein out it will be interesting to see what Justin Holbrook does next week with the starting hooker position.

Hail Sezer
05-07-20, 07:38 AM
Yeah Boyd is going good mate. He plays a nice short side as well.

On a positive, its clear we are running significantly better shape this year. Holbrook’a effect is obvious but it also highlights just how rubbish our list is. Combine this with the injuries and it’s never gonna be pretty.

Thompson needs to be at fullback next week and we need to be smarter with the 21 we name.

- - - Updated - - -

Match report on the scrimmage match played:

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2020/07/04/spry-and-pere-shine-with-big-try-haul-in-scrimmage-draw/

Dooldog76
05-07-20, 09:47 AM
Is there any footage of the scrimmage?

gotitans101_
05-07-20, 11:39 AM
I think Tannah Boyd deserves a big wrap he looked like he was gone with a shoulder injury late in the match but made it back on the field and did not shirk his defensive duties. With Rein out it will be interesting to see what Justin Holbrook does next week with the starting hooker position.

Where the hell has Peats gone lol

DIEHARD
05-07-20, 12:19 PM
Highlights of the match

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3ETQW6nVojI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr Bods
05-07-20, 12:46 PM
^^^^ no way can I put myself through that

Croc
05-07-20, 02:37 PM
Everytime I turn on the NRL, it’s always about the broncos, bloody bigger news then COVID now.. like panic stations, why such big news.. we don’t even get talked about and we have been awe full for Years

Mr Bods
05-07-20, 02:42 PM
Everytime I turn on the NRL, it’s always about the broncos, bloody bigger news then COVID now.. like panic stations, why such big news.. we don’t even get talked about and we have been awe full for Years

The rusted on long suffering loyal fans of the GC Titans are the best fans in the game of Rugby League.

Titslover
05-07-20, 03:03 PM
Don’t get me wrong I think Holbrook is great and am stoked to have him, but I would love to know the reasoning behind some of his interchanges. Why waste a sub taking Mo off at halftime? Wouldn’t it make sense to either take him off around the 30th minute, or 10-15 minutes into the second half. He’s got a huge motor, i’m sure the 10 minute break at halftime would be plenty for him. Also what was up with Arrow only playing around 45 minutes and using Clark as a middle forward?

I also thought Roberts was absolutely pathetic, got shrugged off by blokes like Brailey and showed no intention to stop any of their tries. If he’s fullback again next week I’ll be very concerned

Mr Bods
05-07-20, 03:42 PM
I wonder if the Coach may give some thought to dropping Fogarty and playing TRoberts at half.
TRoberts as we were all saying pre game cannot be our FB.

JunctionBlock
05-07-20, 03:49 PM
We won’t know what’s happening in the sheds to predict the interchange. The fact this is the first time he’s done it like that would indicate a necessity rather than a strategy.

It’s not unusual for arrow to only get 50 mins and considering we didn’t see a lot of ball in the second half may be an explanation for availability of being able to sub.

Roberts and Clarke’s use were an unfortunate 21 man squad that was named on Tuesday.

Titslover
05-07-20, 04:00 PM
I just looked back and he did it with Mo against the Tigers and Rabbits. Really don’t get the logic behind it