16 Farmer
17 Stone

JunctionBlock
20-06-20, 04:55 PM
If that team gets named I’ll self harm.

NZFan
20-06-20, 04:57 PM

What’s wrong with that team? I’d take it over the 17 we put out this week.

Edit: I didn’t see Rein in there. But I like the changes to the outside backs.

lonegull
20-06-20, 05:03 PM

What he said

willhelm
20-06-20, 05:06 PM
I wouldn’t be throwing Spry and GL in at the same time unless we have no other option. No to Roberts too. Would rather persist with Taylor. Not the right time to drop Fogarty either. He needs an extended opportunity. Cartwright has been far from our worst too, and I want Stone nowhere near the 17.

NZFan
20-06-20, 06:23 PM
I wouldn’t be throwing Spry and GL in at the same time unless we have no other option. No to Roberts too. Would rather persist with Taylor. Not the right time to drop Fogarty either. He needs an extended opportunity. Cartwright has been far from our worst too, and I want Stone nowhere near the 17.

You pick Don every week though so those comments about GL and Spry don't carry a lot of weight for me. I think you're better to throw them out there and let them form their own combinations rather than put them beside our current outside backs and let them learn their bad habits.

willhelm
20-06-20, 07:00 PM
You pick Don every week though so those comments about GL and Spry don't carry a lot of weight for me. I think you're better to throw them out there and let them form their own combinations rather than put them beside our current outside backs and let them learn their bad habits.

Where have I “picked Don every week”?

I’m not against GL and Spry, I just don’t think it’s wise to debut them both at the same time.

NZFan
20-06-20, 07:23 PM
I'm not going to scroll through all your messages but go to the "your 17" thread for a start. In a perfect world I'd agree but there is no point in playing players that we know are below NRL standard. The current crop of wingers including Sami have had their chances. Both "the Don" and "the hound" are cult figures who do one good thing every 4-5 games. The commentators love it when they do something but never comment on their basic errors. For the average fan that doesn't really care if we win or not then that's fine it's never going to be good enough for us to be competitive.

We need players that are hungry and want to do that hit up in our own 20. Players that are going to grab the ball and run straight and not dance around before the defensive line. It hurts our whole team when we have to kick from our own 30m line. At the moment BK is the only one that understands that. I know Koni was never a perfect specimen but at least he wasn't scared to take a hit up and do that dirty work for us.

willhelm
20-06-20, 07:29 PM
I’ve never said Don is a must pick. If that’s your impression then you’ve misunderstood. What I have done is point out his strengths (great finisher, solid under the high ball) when people say he offers nothing. I would prefer Pearson in over Don, but Don is far from our biggest problem, and he offers more than most here give him credit for.

Mr Bods
20-06-20, 08:01 PM
Just saw the Holbrook press conference
Young Knee
Sami hamstring
Thompson Jaw
This is very bad

JunctionBlock
20-06-20, 08:19 PM
Find a 5/8 that creates opportunities and we are a different team. I’m happy for a two million to sit on the side line until their contracts are up. Broncos will be making mass changes this week so unless injuries force our hand I’d be happy if the only change was no Ash.

Hail Sezer
20-06-20, 08:59 PM
Taylor needs to sit this one out. Give Boyd the 6 or start him at 9.

Blooding players in prep for 2021 begins next weekend.

Dobes
20-06-20, 09:46 PM
Find a 5/8 that creates opportunities and we are a different team. I’m happy for a two million to sit on the side line until their contracts are up. Broncos will be making mass changes this week so unless injuries force our hand I’d be happy if the only change was no Ash.

Agree wholeheartedly. Who do you reckon we should go for?

Dooldog76
21-06-20, 10:46 AM
I don't know where farmer is at, but maybe he and fermor should get a run this week. I finally agree that Taylor should sit this one out. I watched the replay and he was involved in the first 20 mins and then went missing. Maybe Boyd and fogarty although I thought fogarty was just as bad as Taylor. Whatever happens I don't want to see Roberts play. Huge step backwards in my opinion. I know there is a fair bit of hate towards carty butvim undecided. He didn't make many runs but he did punch out 40 tackles and one of them saved a certain try. A bit undecided there. Hipgrave can have a rest and fermor or farmer can have a run. I just hope Holbrook makes some changes like he has been.

Mr Bods
21-06-20, 10:52 AM
We are in a deep hole and I no doubt will lose it and tear my hair out as the losses mount up and say and type things on the forum in frustration and anger that I will regret.....
BUT all that really matters to me this year is that there is an enormous clean out with close to everyone coming off contract ruthlessly shown the door and other players not off contract being shopped around AND then those players being replaced by young, talented, ambitious young men that want to be a part of an exciting odyssey together.

willhelm
21-06-20, 11:57 AM
We are in a deep hole and I no doubt will lose it and tear my hair out as the losses mount up and say and type things on the forum in frustration and anger that I will regret.....
BUT all that really matters to me this year is that there is an enormous clean out with close to everyone coming off contract ruthlessly shown the door and other players not off contract being shopped around AND then those players being replaced by young, talented, ambitious young men that want to be a part of an exciting odyssey together.

I'm with you there mate. I feel the short-term frustration as much as anyone, but we need to remain realistic in our expectations and look at the bigger picture. The rebuild is going to take years, not weeks or months. Cutting half the roster and throwing in Fermor, Farmer, Spry, GL to debut at the same time alongside recalling proven duds like Roberts and Stone won't help anything. In fact, I think it will make things worse by throwing the young guys to the wolves. All I'm looking for this year is incremental improvement and effort. This week was a step back from the previous two games, but for me the key difference was that Ash had a shocker whereas he was one of our best against the Tigers and Rabbitohs. I think we will be forced into a few changes this week through injury, so joint debuts for GL and Spry may eventuate. It's hard to speculate about the team for the Broncos until we know the extent of the injuries to Sami, Young and Thompson, but assuming they are all unavailable (and Copley remains unavailable too), I'd go with something like this:

1. Peachey
2. Pearson
3. Kelly
4. Spry
5. Don
6. Taylor
7. Fogarty
8. Mo
9. Boyd
10. Lisone
11. Proctor
12. Cartwright
13. Arrow
14. Rein
15. Jolliffe
16. Wallace
17. Farmer or Fermor (whoever is further ahead in their development)

I don't think we can carry both Clark and Boyd due to inexperience, and Boyd has been more impressive to me, so I'd keep him over Clark. I've liked Rein's impact off the bench over the last couple of years so have brought him back for limited minutes around the tiring ruck. I look at the impact someone like Robson had off the bench for the Cows (yes I know he's playing 80 now) and I think the quick darts out of dummy half are very important, particularly with the current ruck rules.

Fogarty is the one I really want us to persist with. I think he's the organiser we've been looking for since Prince. He needs time to find his feet, particularly since Ash has been the main shotcaller for several years now and it's not easy to take the reigns practically overnight. If Holbrook drops Ash and plays Boyd at 6, I won't be upset.

shamus
21-06-20, 01:33 PM
Is this a brightside??

Since the restart of the comp (round 4) we are the best performing Qld side lol

Broncos -82, Cowboys -37, Titans -27. That may change next weekend.

timor 2
21-06-20, 03:30 PM
With 10000 allowed in the stadium next weekend, I wonder if Titan members will be allowed to get tickets?

JunctionBlock
22-06-20, 10:44 AM
https://i.imgur.com/usJNhky.jpg

Croc
22-06-20, 11:06 AM
Hopefully blood some new players this week.. give GL a go! I’m really hoping peachy is not going to centres as he is horrible there.. but I’m expecting it

Mr Bods
22-06-20, 12:55 PM
There is no more important game than this one.

Titanic
22-06-20, 01:07 PM
Peachy is not an enigma ... he is and has always been a bloody useless twat playing park footy in a professional environment ... get him the frig out.

NZFan
22-06-20, 01:44 PM
1. Peachey
2. Pearson
3. Kelly
4. Spry
5. Don
6. Taylor
7. Fogarty
8. Mo
9. Boyd
10. Lisone
11. Proctor
12. Cartwright
13. Arrow
14. Rein
15. Jolliffe
16. Wallace
17. Farmer or Fermor (whoever is further ahead in their development)
Mate you literally just proved my point about you picking Don every week.

JunctionBlock
22-06-20, 01:55 PM
Talk on FB is GL will get a run on the wing.

Hail Sezer
22-06-20, 02:17 PM
Talk on FB is GL will get a run on the wing.

Hopefully not opposite Coates

willhelm
22-06-20, 02:30 PM
Mate you literally just proved my point about you picking Don every week.

You ignored all of the context of the rest of the post in order to make your point. If we didn’t have all of the backline injuries, I would have picked Pearson over Don. I already told you this in the other thread. Pull your head in.

indoallstars
22-06-20, 03:21 PM
Carigan, Flegler, Kotoni Staggs, Jesse Arthars, Jake Turpin, David Fifita, Jordan Kahu, Sean O'Sullivan, Keenan Palasia and
Jack Bird - are all out so if we have any chance to beat them it is this game but boy do we have to play a lot better than last week to stand a chance

NZFan
22-06-20, 03:23 PM
You ignored all of the context of the rest of the post in order to make your point. If we didn’t have all of the backline injuries, I would have picked Pearson over Don. I already told you this in the other thread. Pull your head in.

You’re argument doesn’t justify your point though. GL would play outside Kelly on the left side and Pearson would come in for Don on the right. There is no point on playing Don just because your blooding a rookie at centre on the other side of the field (I’m obviously putting Pearson on the Dons wing rather than keeping him on the left when I say this).

willhelm
22-06-20, 03:40 PM
You’re argument doesn’t justify your point though. GL would play outside Kelly on the left side and Pearson would come in for Don on the right. There is no point on playing Don just because your blooding a rookie at centre on the other side of the field (I’m obviously putting Pearson on the Dons wing rather than keeping him on the left when I say this).

Ok, but I said in my post that I don’t want to blood two rookie backs at once. Hence Pearson fills in for Sami and Don stays where he is. You have no point because I’ve never said I want Don there no matter what. For the record, my ideal backline when everyone is fully fit will be:

1. Thompson
2. Sami
3. Kelly
4. Young
5. Pearson

14. AJ

elltee
22-06-20, 05:36 PM
Ok, but I said in my post that I don’t want to blood two rookie backs at once. Hence Pearson fills in for Sami and Don stays where he is. You have no point because I’ve never said I want Don there no matter what. For the record, my ideal backline when everyone is fully fit will be:

1. Thompson
2. Sami
3. Kelly
4. Young
5. Pearson

14. AJ

Pearson out with a pec strain apparently. God love our S&C team.

willhelm
22-06-20, 05:38 PM
Pearson out with a pec strain apparently. God love our S&C team.

Bloody hell. I reckon we will end up with:

1. Roberts
2. GL
3. Kelly
4. Peachey
5. Don

I really hate seeing Peachey in the centres but what other option do we have...

Titslover
22-06-20, 06:53 PM
Supposedly Thompson and Sami will be sweet to play this week so hopefully the backline won’t be that gross ^

Mr Bods
22-06-20, 07:01 PM
Supposedly Thompson and Sami will be sweet to play this week so hopefully the backline won’t be that gross ^

I’ll be stunned if Sami plays.
Re Pearson doing a Pec on top of AJ’s back deteriorating
FMD!!!
The loss of the Catterick trio continues to burn.

Bayside Titan
22-06-20, 07:50 PM
I’ll be stunned if Sami plays.
Re Pearson doing a Pec on top of AJ’s back deteriorating
FMD!!!
The loss of the Catterick trio continues to burn.

Where has it been reported that AJs back is deteriorating Bods ?

Mr Bods
22-06-20, 07:59 PM
Where has it been reported that AJs back is deteriorating Bods ?

Yeah it got worse...that’s why he’s now out to August or longer. He was close to playing at the season start. Then it went backwards. Bloody shocker. His initial stress fracture developed into a full fracture. Makes me weep.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the club injury report was a bit positive
Thompson looking good
Sami who I thought had a strain has a cork and it’s improving
TRoberts definitely available
Copley is sounding likely

Young T a grade 2 tear which is probably 2-4 weeks.

Upthetits
22-06-20, 08:18 PM
Whoever they put opposite coates better be tall and know how to catch.

I'd feel sorry for anyone having to debut against him especially someone like GL who is 177cm compared to coates' 194cm

timor 2
23-06-20, 02:33 PM
Broncos could be low on hooker this week Corey Paix left training early with a shoulder complaint,,,

Croc
23-06-20, 02:35 PM
Broncos could be low on hooker this week Corey Paix left training early with a shoulder complaint,,,

I’m sure whoever they field will do alright.. we tend to lose the game by just playing our normal game!

Bayside Titan
23-06-20, 02:56 PM
The worry for me is that the Ponies have there back to the wall and they will respond.

elltee
23-06-20, 03:35 PM
They have had their backs against the wall for a few weeks. Watch us play them into form :( I will be chucking the house on Titans at juicy odds though ... Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Croc
23-06-20, 04:06 PM
Wallace is back and so is rein! Clarke is out.. no GL to be seen.. Sami must be right to play

JunctionBlock
23-06-20, 04:08 PM
https://i.imgur.com/bu1lRsj.png

- - - Updated - - -

So Peats is below Rein on the pecking order and Cartwrights ordinary first half has him replaced with bonehead which brings useless onto the bench. Lets see how useless responds to not making the team the last couple of weeks. $10 bucks he drops it on the first hit up or passes it.

Dooldog76
23-06-20, 04:12 PM
Replace Wallace with fermor and I'd be happy. Not sure how Hipgrave was promoted though.

Hail Sezer
23-06-20, 04:12 PM
No idea how Hipgrave gets promoted on the back of his last performance. Carty wasn’t great but Hipgrave was very not great

NZTITAN
23-06-20, 04:13 PM
Not sure how this game will pan out but one thing's for certain, Alex Glenn will score a try against us as per usual.

Croc
23-06-20, 04:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/bu1lRsj.png

- - - Updated - - -

So Peats is below Rein on the pecking order and Cartwrights ordinary first half has him replaced with bonehead which brings useless onto the bench. Lets see how useless responds to not making the team the last couple of weeks. $10 bucks he drops it on the first hit up or passes it.

Haha yeh penalty/hot potatoe hands Wallace! Him and rein giving away penalties! To be honest I don’t have a lot of faith in a lot of the team! Not expecting much this game, just hoping it’s not a 50 nil game

NZFan
23-06-20, 04:21 PM
What a horrible looking team. Copley and Don defending on the same side is not going to end well. The only upside is there is no Roberts.

Dooldog76
23-06-20, 04:34 PM
Actually, swap Cartwright for Hipgrave and I'd be happier. Hipgrave just made too many errors last week.

indoallstars
23-06-20, 05:24 PM
Hipgrave > Cartwright

gotitans101_
23-06-20, 05:29 PM
So arguably our best player last week only gets minutes off the bench again? Rightio then.

And what is the deal with our 9? Is Clark injured or is he dropped, signalling just how bad all of our 9s are?

The fact that Derpgrave gets a start is an absolute joke. Seriously, give me a break. He barely deserves a bench spot let alone a friggin starting spot in the side.

Dooldog76
23-06-20, 07:06 PM
Hipgrave > Cartwright

Normally I would agree 100% but he w was god awful last week.

Whats Doing
23-06-20, 07:56 PM
Normally I would agree 100% but he w was god awful last week.

Yes he was but Cartwright was much worse and he continually fails to put his body in the line. 6 runs for 42 metres is not even QCup performance

Dooldog76
23-06-20, 08:23 PM
Yes he was but Cartwright was much worse and he continually fails to put his body in the line. 6 runs for 42 metres is not even QCup performance

I can't argue with you there. He was awful as well. You could flip a coin on both of their performances last week. I think what sways me towards carty is that his defence last week was pretty solid, plenty of contact in his tackles and he didn't give away stupid penalties. Hipgrave had a shocker along with the brain fart he had the previous week. I know those errors come from him from trying his hardest but gee they hurt.

JunctionBlock
24-06-20, 05:08 PM
Pearson torn pec. Out from any where from 10 weeks to 5 months.

Mr Bods
24-06-20, 06:46 PM
Pearson torn pec. Out from any where from 10 weeks to 5 months.

Serenity Now

gotitans101_
24-06-20, 07:17 PM
Any ideas as to why this club has so many injuries every single year?

Hail Sezer
24-06-20, 07:28 PM
Any ideas as to why this club has so many injuries every single year?

I find this concerning as well

NZTITAN
24-06-20, 07:35 PM
Greg Condon :fist: :fist: :fist:

Mr Bods
24-06-20, 07:39 PM
Greg Condon :fist: :fist: :fist:

Under Condon/Ferris my issue was mainly how long it took for players to recover compared to other clubs
Then we had one fantastic year under the Catterick trio
And now with Ferris and whoever else there is we now have had these injuries happening. The ones I find hard to cop are the AJ/Pearson cases.

NZTITAN
24-06-20, 07:44 PM
Under Condon/Ferris my issue was mainly how long it took for players to recover compared to other clubs
Then we had one fantastic year under the Catterick trio
And now with Ferris and whoever else there is we now have had these injuries happening. The ones I find hard to cop are the AJ/Pearson cases.

All jokes aside mate I certainly agree with you, Ferris has seemed to have a bit of a reputation amongst the teams he's worked with's fans. Not sure how he keeps getting these sorts of roles.

timor 2
25-06-20, 05:49 PM
Hi guys I am online now looking at buying 1 ticket for Saturday night were is most guys sitting? Before o buy I dont want to be in the middle of bronco fans?

Badel's and Badger's Mate
25-06-20, 07:58 PM
FAN SNUB

Gold Coast Titans fans have been locked out of Saturday’s derby against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.

Sport Confidential can reveal the Titans have been allocated a measly 50 tickets for their supporters as part of the 10,000 crowd cap.

The Broncos have reserved the bulk of the tickets for Brisbane members to attend their first game of the season.

The Titans have been given a small allocation by the NRL.

The Titans will play in front of home fans for the first time this year next Saturday when they host Cronulla at Cbus Super Stadium.

Source: couriermail.com.au (https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/titans/former-test-prop-shannon-boyd-contemplating-shock-early-retirement/news-story/4bee66bfc336bc6f41b6c219df96464a)

DIEHARD
26-06-20, 12:57 AM
Allow me to post the rant I emailed back to the Titans.

That is such poor sportsmanship from the Broncos who have been privileged to be the sole NRL representative and Brisbane since 1998 and SEQLD 1999-2007.

That is why I stopped being a supporter of them.

I hope they relent and give some allocation. If not, I hope the Titans can always find ways to serve the game and not just themselves.

Mr Bods
26-06-20, 10:10 AM
^^^^ The Drongoes Suck

Croc
26-06-20, 11:32 AM
Looks like young is out for 12 weeks! Sad to see.. showed some good things!

Titanic
26-06-20, 11:53 AM
I find it difficult to believe the Broncos could be so mean spirited and will phone Fox to see if I can make it a public issue ... is beyond belief.

And on Young, it’s hardly surprising after two years out then the speed of the new game ... wishing him a speedy recovery.

JunctionBlock
26-06-20, 12:08 PM
Hope Jarrod Wallace doesn't play this weekend. With this track record of injuries we can't afford for him to go down if Saints want him immediately.

gotitans101_
26-06-20, 02:07 PM
"The Raiders will be withoput hard man Joe Tapine for their clash with the Eels, while the Titans are sweating on the fitness of Keegan Hipgrave after a training mishap."

"Late Mail: Keegan Hipgrave suffered a knee injury at training on Friday, according to Travis Meyn. Hipgrave tried to run it off, but could pull up sore, so Bryce Cartwright who replaced him at times during session would likely come into the side."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2020-team-news-late-mail-james-roberts-james-tedesco-supercoach/news-story/9e78c2abdce5ea2b1f9c04ff327bed36

Oh yeah I'm totally sweating on the fitness of Hipgrave. :nope:

Mr Bods
26-06-20, 02:30 PM
Hipgrave has this amazing ability to do things like touch a ball late in the tackle count to create 6 again or do something selfish with the ball or get a 50/50 decision to go against us that flows on to have a diabolical affect on our ability to be in the game.

I couldn’t give a stuff if it’s him or Shanelle’s Husband who plays

Hail Sezer
26-06-20, 03:23 PM
Give Fermor the debut

Upthetits
26-06-20, 05:03 PM
Give Fermor the debut

This!!

DIEHARD
26-06-20, 08:48 PM
Broncos v Titans: Niu set for fullback role; Roberts still out
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/22/broncos-v-titans-seibold-hints-at-changes-roberts-to-return/

The Titans sit alone at the foot of the ladder but their big brothers in Brisbane have been copping more scathing criticism after four consecutive losses.

Aside from wanting to quieten their detractors and get their seasons back on track, both teams will be energised by a Queensland derby with a crowd of up to 10,000 allowed to attend after the state government on Sunday eased COVID-19 restrictions.

The Gold Coast have scored wins over the Broncos in two of their four meetings over the past couple of seasons.

Broncos: The Broncos will play 19-year-old half Tom Dearden off the bench against the Titans on Saturday night where he is set to play dummy-half. Jamayne Isaako is set to be 18th man with Dearden getting his first shot in the NRL this year.

"Tom is there to cover Issac Luke. We lost Cory Paix to injury on Tuesday and I don't think Issac is ready to play 80 minutes yet so Tom is there as cover," coach Anthony Seibold said. "He is a very smart footy player with a good passing and kicking game. He is a tough kid defensively."

Tesi Niu starts at fullback, while Pat Carrigan and Tom Flegler are suspended. Joseph Ofahengaue starts at lock and Jamil Hopoate and Rhys Kennedy join the interchange with Paix (strained pec) dropping out. Tyson Gamble and Richard Kennar were cut 24 hours before kick-off. The Broncos have conceded the most penalties and received the fewest after seven rounds.

Titans: Dale Copley replaces Young Tonumaipea (knee) at centre, Mitch Rein bumps Erin Clark out of the hooker role, and Sam Lisone and Keegan Hipgrave are named to start with Jaimin Jolliffe benched and Bryce Cartwright out of the 17.

Jarrod Wallace returns on the interchange. Playmaker Tyrone Roberts (ankle) was again named on an extended bench but he dropped out of the squad 24 hours before kick-off along with Beau Fermor. The Titans have defeated the Broncos in their past two clashes at Suncorp Stadium.

Anthony Milford v Ash Taylor. They each cop more than their share of criticism, but these two playmakers are undeniably elite when they're on song. With the spotlight on them, big performances could be looming.

DIEHARD
26-06-20, 08:48 PM
Broncos v Titans LeagueUnlimited Preview
https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34700-broncos-v-titans-preview/

DIEHARD
26-06-20, 11:32 PM
Tickets open to public after slow sales from fans
https://www.couriermail.com.au/

BRONCOS fans have abandoned their bumbling team, with Queensland’s 10,000 crowd cap in danger of falling flat at Suncorp Stadium tonight, forcing the club to open up ticket sales to the public.

The Broncos will make their first home appearance in front of fans this year when they host the Gold Coast Titans after COVID-19 restrictions were eased by Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk.

But the crowd could fall well short of the maximum 10,000 allowed through the gates as Broncos members baulked at the opportunity to watch their struggling side live.

The Broncos have opened ticket sales to the public after the club’s 37,000 members failed to pounce on seats.

The Broncos’ four-game losing streak and a spike in COVID-19 cases in Victoria has contributed to sluggish ticket sales for the Queensland derby, with a crowd of around 7000 on track to come through the gates.

Suncorp has introduced numerous health and safety measures to mitigate the risk for fans and Broncos CEO Paul White urged people to get to the game.

“I can’t wait to see Broncos members and fans back out there again cheering on their team – it’s really exciting for everyone,” he said.

“For those attending, health and safety remains paramount – the stadium is well set up to ensure everyone can still practise social distancing while enjoying the game.

“We are seeing some lovely Queensland winter weather at the moment, so I’d encourage rugby league supporters to get out and watch some live footy.”

While ticket booths at the ground will be closed, fans are still able to purchase tickets online and on their phones, given information must be logged for potential contact tracing.

The Broncos have been surprised by the lack of demand and believe fans still hold some apprehension around mass gatherings.

The poor form of both teams – the Broncos are ranked 14th and Titans last on the ladder – has also played a part.

The Broncos have not played in front of fans at Suncorp this year and club legend Darren Lockyer said it was natural for people to have some nerves about heading out.

“I think a lot of the older generation in particular are still concerned about the COVID situation,” he said.

“There are a few things at play, there’s the COVID situation and having the capped crowds dilutes the atmosphere, so some people will say ‘am I better off staying at home?’.

“The Broncos and Titans haven’t been playing their best footy lately either, so that might be another reason.”

But Broncos fan Arabella Mengel said she had been looking forward to Suncorp Stadium reopening since closed games were announced.

“I’ve been looking forward to the footy coming back for so long, can’t wait to get back into it and support the boys,” she said.

“It’s so great for the community to be able to experience a live game again and I can’t wait until a full crowd can be back.”

Mr Bods
27-06-20, 07:13 AM
^^^^ always said Drongoe Fans were not proper Rugby League fans but are just fickle bandwagoners. This proves it. It’s a soulless megalomaniac organisation propped up by Murdoch.

willhelm
27-06-20, 09:58 AM
A win today could be a watershed moment for our club.

shamus
27-06-20, 10:48 AM
I am assuming that Broncos paid up season members were offered tickets for free as it is a home game?...or am I wrong? If free than this is more than embarrassing, if not then still embarrassing but on a lesser scale.

gotitans101_
27-06-20, 01:12 PM
^^^^ always said Drongoe Fans were not proper Rugby League fans but are just fickle bandwagoners. This proves it. It’s a soulless megalomaniac organisation propped up by Murdoch.

mate I wouldn't go dumping on Bronco supporters re attendance especially being a Titans supporter where our attendance week after week for the past however many years has been pretty damn embarrassing in itself.

BundyTitan
27-06-20, 01:16 PM
mate I wouldn't go dumping on Bronco supporters re attendance especially being a Titans supporter where our attendance week after week for the past however many years has been pretty damn embarrassing in itself.

Difference is we have 10k members compared to their 38k+ so you're pretty far off the mark trying to make a point there. And plus their team actually has gone alright for the last 5-10 years yet they still can't even fill 10,000 seats

Mr Bods
27-06-20, 01:25 PM

Totally have missed my point

gotitans101_
27-06-20, 02:38 PM
Fair enough.

JunctionBlock
27-06-20, 02:39 PM
Good to see our Head of Performance and Culture is drawing a wage from Fox on our game day. There’s the money to pay out Boyd. Sack Him.

Mr Bods
27-06-20, 03:07 PM
Fair enough.

Yeah was more referring to how “rusted on” Drongoes fans are rather than the quantity of supporters

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see our Head of Performance and Culture is drawing a wage from Fox on our game day. There’s the money to pay out Boyd. Sack Him.

With the border closed and quarantine etc I doubt he’s been here interacting with the players and staff in months

JunctionBlock
27-06-20, 03:56 PM
Yeah was more referring to how “rusted on” Drongoes fans are rather than the quantity of supporters

- - - Updated - - -.

With the border closed and quarantine etc I doubt he’s been here interacting with the players and staff in months

Why not? 65000 people have come into QLD since the borders closed. People travel for business constantly. There’s no reason for him not to do his job other than he doesn’t have to or won’t. Gift job that our club can’t afford and could spend the money elsewhere

NZFan
27-06-20, 04:04 PM
Why not? 65000 people have come into QLD since the borders closed. People travel for business constantly. There’s no reason for him not to do his job other than he doesn’t have to or won’t. Gift job that our club can’t afford and could spend the money elsewhere

Did you watch Tino play last night? Without Mal we don’t get him. I’ve said this countless times but Mals job is part time. When we got him he already had the Fox League gig. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but he’s also the Kangaroos coach. He’s doesn’t need to be at the club every day or every game to do his job.

Titslover
27-06-20, 04:28 PM
there was an 11v11 scrimmage between us and Broncos at 3:30, is anyone at the game and could tell us how it went? The Titans website said Roberts, Clark, Fermor, Sexton, Peats and Sam Stone were playing. Wondering if GL, Spry, Farmer etc played too

mdrew
27-06-20, 04:46 PM
Yes they are playing as is Ioane Seuili

there was an 11v11 scrimmage between us and Broncos at 3:30, is anyone at the game and could tell us how it went? The Titans website said Roberts, Clark, Fermor, Sexton, Peats and Sam Stone were playing. Wondering if GL, Spry, Farmer etc played too

gotitans101_
27-06-20, 04:58 PM
any late mail?

All I see is Jollliffe comes in for Lisone who comes off the bench. Hipgrave is there, ffs. :(

NZFan
27-06-20, 05:08 PM

Any info on this game would be appreciated.

NZTITAN
27-06-20, 05:27 PM
Any info on this game would be appreciated.

Young Titans Show Class in Scrimmage Against Broncos
Titans.com.au

Beau Fermor wasted little time in showing Titans coach Justin Holbrook he is ready for the NRL with a starring role for the Gold Coast in their 11-a-side scrimmage match against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.

A sensational individual try to young halfback Toby Sexton in the last minute of the game saw the Titans escape with a 16-all draw against the Broncos but, truth be told, the Titans played the better of the football for the majority of the 40-minute match.

With the Intrust Super Cup suspended this season due to COVID-19, the scrimmage match was organised to get some match fitness into the NRL squad players who have been left out of their team’s top 17.

It was also the opportunity for those players on the fringe of selection to show their wares, and a number of Titans did not waste the opportunity to shine.

Fermor though was a standout in his first game - albeit with reduced team sizes, reduced match time and a reduced field of play – for the Titans, scoring a try and looking threatening every time he went near the ball in attack and defence.

It was Fermor’s first game since a knee reconstruction last year, and his first match for the Titans since joining the Club from the Newcastle Knights.

It is easy to see why the Knights were reluctant to let the former Queensland Under-20s player go, with a real quality display.

Fermor hit the line with vigour, and produced some great offloads after contact, making him a more than viable left-edge weapon for Holbrook in the weeks ahead.

Winger Greg Leleisiuao was another to impress, with a number of powerful runs and a reluctance to be tackled making him a handful.

Jai Whitbread was sensational in the middle as the Titans’ only true “big man”, getting through a mountain of work and heavy contact in the middle, while Sam Stone, Treymain Spry, Ioane Seiuli and Sexton were others to thrive with the hit-out.

The Titans scored first through Stone after 10 minutes, but a lack of discipline gifted the Broncos the field position and possession they needed to lead 8-4 at the break – a lead which blew out further just one minute after the restart as more Titans errors saw them fall 12-4 behind.

But the match was organised to blow out some rust, and it did the trick – with the Titans finding their rhythm in the second half.

But Fermor dragged his team back into the contest three minutes into the second half, running a nice line and bursting through the Broncos defence with a 15-metre gallop to the in-goal.

Four minutes later the Titans were in again, this time with Stone producing a great run up the middle, and then finding Sexton with a slick offload in traffic to keep the movement rolling.

Sexton played his role beautifully, delivering a nice offload of his own to a flying Spry to even things up again at 12-all.

The Broncos scored an opportunistic try in the 13th minute of the half to sneak clear again, but with the clock winding down, great vision from Sexton on the right edge gave the Titans the sniff they needed.

With three-on-two looming, Sexton sized up the situation perfectly, producing a show-and-go to split the Broncos defenders and crash over – levelling the scores at 16-all.

TITANS 16 (Sam Stone, Beau Fermor, Treymain Spry tries) drew with BRONCOS 16. No conversions taken.

C-Whiz
27-06-20, 05:28 PM
Not wanting to be the pot calling the kettle not quite sparkling clean, but surely Ash Taylor is too chubby to be at peak fitness, regardless of confidence or any other excuses.

NZFan
27-06-20, 05:39 PM
Cheers mate. Sounded like an exciting watch! No mention of Roberts or Peats.. Sexton is going to be a real player for the future. Such a great runner of the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

I firmly believe the NRL is rigged. That 6 again on the 5th tackle in the first set was garbage! The exact thing happened last week as well.

- - - Updated - - -

That should be an 8 point try for attempting to kick the ball out of Ash’s hand.

JunctionBlock
27-06-20, 05:40 PM
First blood

gotitans101_
27-06-20, 05:45 PM
Mo given away 2 6-to-gos. Come on son, you're better than that.

GCTTSD
27-06-20, 05:45 PM
We just beat ourselves with too many silly little errors

Boonarga
27-06-20, 05:48 PM
Who is this guy in the 6 jumper?

JunctionBlock
27-06-20, 05:55 PM
So none of our backs can out run or manoeuvre a 2nd rower?

- - - Updated - - -

Can we make Mal useful and have him punch Anasta in the face as hard as he can?

DIEHARD
27-06-20, 05:56 PM
I'm tuned in. Go Titans. Beating them means everything to me.

JunctionBlock
27-06-20, 06:07 PM
Broncos lost the challenge because of the knock on but boys was offside anyway. He was way in front of the kicker.

- - - Updated - - -

This is crazy great. The 50-50 plays are going our way. Not getting screwed for once. Run on lads.

Mr Bods
27-06-20, 06:18 PM
Disgusting cheating sin bin
Joke

GCTTSD
27-06-20, 06:18 PM
The bunker has definitely told the refs he's not giving enough penalties to the broncos so do something to even it out cause that was flat out bull****

JunctionBlock
27-06-20, 06:20 PM
Wow. When a ref wants a rest the following week. How is our first penalty a sin bin. What a dead set moron.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s why Willhelm chooses Don first every team list. Hahahahaha

Mr Bods
27-06-20, 06:21 PM
I’m fuming

NZFan
27-06-20, 06:26 PM
That was the best half of league I’ve seen from the Titans in over two years. The shape and structure that we are playing with is a dramatic change from anything we have seen this season and so much better than the crap that Brennan made us play.

I was about to give him a spray for allowing all that pressure to be relieved but.. well done Don!

- - - Updated - - -

So none of our backs can out run or manoeuvre a 2nd rower?

- - - Updated - - -

Can we make Mal useful and have him punch Anasta in the face as hard as he can?

I would give my left nut to see that. In every contentious decision he was completely wrong. There’s stupid and then there is Braith Anasta.

willhelm
27-06-20, 06:26 PM
Wow. When a ref wants a rest the following week. How is our first penalty a sin bin. What a dead set moron.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s why Willhelm chooses Don first every team list. Hahahahaha

Not true. Did you see my last team list? NZFan was first pick.

Bring on the second half.

gotitans101_
27-06-20, 06:27 PM
Is anyone here at the game?

How's the vibe? Who's doing all the talking out there?

indoallstars
27-06-20, 06:27 PM
Agreed best we have played in a first half on two years, still a bit wary that we might clock off but boy I am impressed with our defence and ball movement

JunctionBlock
27-06-20, 06:28 PM
That was the best half of league I’ve seen from the Titans in over two years. The shape and structure that we are playing with is a dramatic change from anything we have seen this season and so much better than the crap that Brennan made us play.

I was about to give him a spray for allowing all that pressure to be relieved but.. well done Don!

- - - Updated - - -

I would give my left nut to see that. In every contentious decision he was completely wrong. There’s stupid and then there is Braith Anasta.

Wait.....are we on the same page.

NZFan
27-06-20, 06:30 PM
We certainly are JB. I’m worried about when Wallace comes on.

Whats Doing
27-06-20, 06:31 PM
Have not seen the Titans play a half of football like that for 3 years

DIEHARD
27-06-20, 06:41 PM
How good is it to see the Titans play with such confidence, shape and purpose? I sure hope we can continue it into the second half.

Sin bin was bull****. I struggle even imagining being IN a game. That half-time score line is so good. But it isn't over yet.

Good luck!

JunctionBlock
27-06-20, 06:44 PM
Wallace on and a penalty

- - - Updated - - -

And wtf was Kelly thinking.

And now a 6 again from Wallace

- - - Updated - - -

Wallace has just ****ed us. Get him off immediately. How can someone be so bad and ill disciplined

gotitans101_
27-06-20, 06:45 PM
Get rid of Wallace for ****s sake.

TitansState
27-06-20, 06:46 PM
Only just able to tune into the game and the first things I see are these plays from Wallace. Smh

JunctionBlock
27-06-20, 06:49 PM
Only just able to tune into the game and the first things I see are these plays from Wallace. Smh

Turn it off and watch from the start.

Wallace just changed the entire energy of the game. What a goose. Give him 10 mins and sit him down. Anyone is better

Titanic
27-06-20, 06:51 PM
Will have to watch the second half later getting an MRI on a broken toe ffs.

gotitans101_
27-06-20, 06:54 PM
Proctor has been good. Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Wallace again for ****s sake

TitansState
27-06-20, 06:55 PM
What the actual. Wow

JunctionBlock
27-06-20, 06:56 PM
How is he still on the field?

- - - Updated - - -

Will have to watch the second half later getting an MRI on a broken toe ffs.

You’ve got nine others.

NZFan
27-06-20, 06:57 PM
Wallace will lose this for us.

Boonarga
27-06-20, 06:58 PM
Why did Kelly stop on that chase? He would have got there first.

JunctionBlock
27-06-20, 06:59 PM
Wallace will lose this for us.

I’d play with 12 over 13 with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Why did Kelly stop on that chase? He would have got there first.

Yeah there were some choice words in my living room regarding that lack of effort.

gotitans101_
That was so poor by Kelly. So lazy.

ja4220
Could Anasta be any more biased?

JunctionBlock
27-06-20, 07:01 PM
Looks like Copley is gone again

gotitans101_
27-06-20, 07:03 PM
Is Mo injured or something? Still Wallace.

JunctionBlock
27-06-20, 07:19 PM
Is Mo injured or something? Still Wallace.

Saints want to see why they’ll only pay $1.50 of his salary for him to transfer.

- - - Updated - - -

That was a let off from a penalty from we all know who.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess Boyd didn’t learn his lesson kicking on the 4th again

- - - Updated - - -

Holy ****. Had that as a no try from the live play. WOW

THEY DID IT.

gotitans101_
27-06-20, 07:19 PM
I am so happy.

ozynorts
27-06-20, 07:22 PM
As long as the broncos don’t score they will be on the bottom of the ladder after this. F*** yes.

Mr Bods
27-06-20, 07:25 PM
EAD every Drongoe C
Maybe Little Ms Bods is The Rainmaker

ozynorts
27-06-20, 07:27 PM
Hey Bods, enjoy the scotch’s mate. One for the little Bods and one for the win.

JunctionBlock
EAD every Drongoe C
Maybe Little Ms Bods is The Rainmaker

Doubly blessed mate.

How good. We may have killed another coach. At least this time he doesn’t work for us.

indoallstars
Wow really happy with how we played today, proud of the boys, we can build off the back of this.

Enjoy the beers fellas, what a great game!

DIEHARD
27-06-20, 07:33 PM
How good. We may have killed another coach. At least this time he doesn’t work for us.

:laugh:

What a great game. Wearing my Titans jersey with pride right now. Gee I was even shocked that Sami pulled off that last try.

DIEHARD
27-06-20, 07:34 PM
We've won against the Broncos at Lang Park for three times in a row? :drool:

ozynorts
27-06-20, 07:46 PM
Just going to leave this here.

DIEHARD
27-06-20, 07:48 PM

I was just looking at that. :eyebrows:

DIEHARD
27-06-20, 07:49 PM
Taylor shines as Titans stun big brother Broncos
http://www.nrl.com

The Titans have sent the Broncos' season into a dire spiral with an Ash Taylor masterclass inspiring a dominant 30-12 win at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night.

The Broncos were booed off at half-time by a crowd of 6262 when they trailed 22-0 after being ambushed by the Gold Coast. Former Brisbane captain Justin Hodges was in a state of shock as he crossed to the Fox Sports studios.

"This is the first time I have ever heard a Brisbane Bronco side booed off at half-time," Hodges said.

t was the Titans' biggest winning margin over the Broncos in their history and now Anthony Seibold’s team faces the dire prospect of being in last place at the end of round seven if the Bulldogs beat Wests Tigers on Sunday.

To compound Brisbane’s woes Matt Lodge hobbled off in the 65th clutching his left knee.

Taylor owned the first half with his kicking game on song. He had plenty of mates with Jai Arrow, Sam Lisone, Moeaki Fotuaika and Keegan Hipgrave at their destructive best.

The Titans were hungrier from the kick-off and it showed.

Corey Oates, who had a first-half shocker, was tackled into touch before offloading and from the ensuing scrum the Titans made the Broncos pay with Taylor diving over from close range.

Titans back-rower Hipgrave had a powerhouse start to the game and a smart one. In one five-minute stanza Hipgrave jolted the ball out of Oates' grasp with a cruncher. He then won a penalty with a quick play the ball and the Titans surged into Broncos territory.

Hipgrave then tipped on a pass like a classy outside back for veteran winger Anthony Don to show all his experience to score in the corner.

Taylor’s kicking game was causing all sorts of problems for the Broncos back three and a towering bomb was spilled by Tesi Niu. Tyrone Peachey swooped and found a rampaging Lisone to score under the sticks and make it 16-0.

Fotuaika was sin-binned three minutes from half-time but the Titans rallied with powerhouse defence to repel them.

The last play of the half was a nightmare for debutant Niu who spotted an overlap on the left. His pass for Oates found Don instead who ran 60 metres to score untouched and give the Titans a stunning 22-nil lead.

The Broncos needed something special to start the second half and after four sets of six it took veteran Ben Te’o to provide it when he barged over from close range with late feet.

Taylor landed a penalty to give the Titans a 24-6 lead but the Gold Coast allowed Brisbane back into the game with silly penalties.

After more back-to-back sets Brodie Croft grubbered for Farnworth to score and the Broncos had a glimmer of hope.

It was soon snuffed out by Titans hunger and Brisbane ineptitude.

Croft kicked out on the full after points and the Titans, courtesy of Taylor, made them pay again with a penalty goal minutes later.

Taylor iced the win with a brilliant cut-out pass for Sami to score a winger’s special and punish surely one of the worst Broncos sides in their 32-year history.

mdrew
27-06-20, 07:51 PM
Life is good, damn good!

willhelm
27-06-20, 07:56 PM
One of the best games I’ve seen in a long time. So happy with that. Ash was phenomenal.

DIEHARD
27-06-20, 08:00 PM
Broncos v Titans highlights
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zn1W_8jgfyw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JunctionBlock
27-06-20, 08:07 PM

Go the doggies

Ausphin
27-06-20, 08:16 PM
I'll gladly take the result, but I didn't think we played all that well, even in the first half.

If Corey Thompson, and then Sami didn't stop that early try that the Broncos bombed, I think we would be looking at a completely different game.

I thought Rein played well and got us on the front foot. Also think we might really have something in Joliffe.

On the negative side, I can't rant enough about Wallace. As others on here have mentioned, his first tackle in the game - repeat set, second tackle - repeat set, fourth tackle - falls off Teo allowing Broncos their first 2nd half points since the comp restarted. And then later in the game he gives a penalty on last tackle as Broncos are bringing the ball off their own line. Absolute dud!!!

Anyway, great to beat the Broncos. Hopefully we can go an a bit of a run as we have a decent draw for the next 3 rounds.

DIEHARD
27-06-20, 08:25 PM
Press Conference

Click here to watch (https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/telstra-premiership/2020/round-7/press-conference-broncos-v-titans---round-7-2020/)

TITAN PETE
27-06-20, 08:29 PM
Brilliant win , we played for 80 & if not for a bullsh#t sin bin & the fact the Donkeys best player in Wallace was on the park the score would have been Zero.... you know you are playing shyte when Boyd played well :laugh:

NZTITAN
27-06-20, 08:41 PM
Still feeling good about my residential area-sized plot on Hipgrave Island :drool:

DIEHARD
27-06-20, 09:06 PM
Ash Taylor leads the way in Gold Coast’s 30-12 win over Brisbane

Ash Taylor’s career was on the brink this time last year. But in Gold Coast’s remarkable win over the Broncos, the Titans halfback looked like a million-dollar man.

Ash Taylor burst back to life as the Gold Coast Titans heaped more misery on the under-fire Broncos in a record win at Suncorp Stadium.

Taylor found a shot of confidence with a 14–point haul to guide the Titans off the bottom of the NRL ladder in a 30-12 victory for the Gold Coast.

After spending the first decade of their existence in the NRL as Brisbane’s little brother, the Titans have now won their past three matches at Suncorp Stadium against the Broncos.

And few games between the south east Queensland rivals have been sweeter than this for the Titans, with the Gold Coast racking up their biggest ever win against Brisbane.

Often maligned halfback Taylor was sensational in a Titans team that proved effort can take you further than talent.

“I really liked the way we went about everything,” said Titans coach Justin Holbrook.

“We asked some questions with the footy and defended great. I was really impressed.

“I’ve been confident every week. I feel like we prepare to perform at our best. I knew we had to play well.

“The effort from the whole side was what we needed and what we got. We got it right tonight.”

They shocked the bumbling Broncos to lead 22-0 at halftime, prompting furious Brisbane fans in the 6262 crowd to boo their team off the paddock at the break.

At halftime the gulf in statistics was incredible.

The Titans had the bulk of possession (58 per cent) and capitalised on it with an 83 per cent completion rate compared to Brisbane’s 53 per cent.

The Gold Coast charged for 836m compared to Brisbane’s 514m and were led sensationally by young prop Moeaki Fotuaika and lock Jai Arrow.

What cannot be measured on paper is effort, enthusiasm and desire, and that is exactly what the Titans produced in droves.

They ran faster, tackled harder and didn’t stop trying to make a difference for the entire opening 40 minutes and were rewarded with a healthy halftime lead.

The Titans’ effort was excellent from the onset, fullback Corey Thompson stopping Herbie Farnworth from scoring a certain try before the Gold Coast bundled Corey Oates into touch.

The Oates play proved pivotal when Taylor barged over from close range to stun the Broncos and it was 10-0 after 20 minutes when The Bunker controversially awarded Anthony Don a four-pointer.

When Sam Lisone burrowed over the Titans were up 16-0 and not even the controversial sin-binning of Fotuaika late in the first half could stop their momentum as Don plucked an intercept to open up a 22-0 lead at the break.

The Broncos hit back in the second half with tries to Ben Te’o and Farnworth but two penalty goals to Taylor and a late try to winger Phillip Sami sealed the victory.

FIVE THINGS WE LEARNED
by Peter Badel

1. Broncos halfback Brodie Croft has to be dropped. The Storm recruit started the season well but he has been poor in the past five weeks. Brisbane were mounting a comeback when Croft’s kick out on the full in the second half broke their momentum. The Broncos look rudderless. If he can’t handle the pressure moments, he should be axed in favour of Tom Dearden.

2. The Broncos board have to consider sacking Anthony Seibold. Brisbane have now lost five straight and if the Bulldogs beat the Tigers today, the Broncos will be last on percentages. Brisbane’s players have no confidence, no self-belief and no desire. If the Broncos miss the finals, which appears certain, Seibold can’t survive, regardless of his much-touted five-year contract.

3. Ash Taylor produced his best game for the Titans in two years. Mentally broken, Taylor almost quit the NRL last year but the Titans playmaker recaptured his mojo against his former Broncos club. Taylor opened the scoring with a solo try and had the ball on a string with his kicking game. Taylor clearly outpointed Broncos rival Anthony Milford.

4. How the Titans lost Jai Arrow to South Sydney next year is beyond belief. The Queensland Origin workhorse is the heart and soul of the Titans’ pack and he personified their spirit last night with a willing display. Arrow repeatedly charged into his former teammates and relished the dirty work in midfield.

5. Broncos rookie Tesi Niu had a mixed night in his starting debut at fullback. The 18-year-old showed some nice footwork at times but he made three errors, including an intercept pass for Anthony Don’s try which gave the Titans a 22-0 lead at halftime.

DIEHARD
27-06-20, 09:08 PM
NRL 2020: Brisbane Broncos go down to Gold Coast Titans 30-12

Big Brother no more. The Broncos have been met with boos by their own fans at halftime, hitting rock bottom as the club fell to their fifth straight loss to the last placed Gold Coast Titans.

For 32 years, the Broncos have been Queensland’s flagship club.

Now, they are a deadset embarrassment.

Besieged Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold is fighting to save his job after the Broncos crashed to their fifth consecutive loss with a pathetic 30-12 derby defeat to the pumped-up Titans.

The Big Brother Broncos had their pants pulled down by a Titans team that led from start to finish, running harder, playing tactically smarter and tackling with a spirit that painted Seibold’s troops as a passionless rabble.

The Titans ambushed Brisbane with four first-half tries for a 22-0 halftime lead and withstood a brief fightback to bury the Broncos when Phillip Sami crossed in the dying minutes.

If the Bulldogs beat the Tigers today, the mighty Broncos — the richest club in the league with unmatched resources — will be dead last on percentages.

What a disgrace.

This performance was so insipid that Brisbane’s 6262 fans booed them off at halftime, prompting former skipper Justin Hodges to say: “I’ve never ever seen a Broncos team booed off.”

The Broncos board on Friday pledged their support for Seibold at a three-hour meeting but if there is any strong governance at the club, the Brisbane coach has to be axed if the glamour club misses the finals.

A playoffs implosion appears a mere certainty, with Brisbane’s third consecutive loss to the Titans at Suncorp compounded by the loss of senior prop Matt Lodge to a knee injury.

Seibold says his five-year contract is designed to give him time to build a dynasty but no Broncos coach gets such latitude.

Brisbane sacked Wayne Bennett with a 64 per cent win ratio in 2018. Seibold’s current win rate is a paltry 40 per cent.

Of equal concern is Brisbane’s general demeanour. They have no direction in the halves, no spirit in midfield and seemingly no faith in their underfire coach’s ability to stop the rot.

On paper, the Broncos have more talent but the Titans simply played with more enthusiasm and wanted victory more.

Based on this F-grade stuff, Seibold must find it hard to mount an argument that he hasn’t lost the dressing room.

The Titans ran and defended like it was a grand final. By contrast, the Broncos looked as flat as a McDonald’s hot cake in the opening stanza.

Intensity aside, the Broncos have simply not coped with the recalibrated style of football since the restart of the NRL premiership after the two-month COVID hiatus.

The one-referee system and six-again rules have created a faster paced game and several bigger Broncos forwards, such as Matt Lodge and Joe Ofahengaue, are being tested laterally, especially against second-phase football.

Reeling at 22-0 at halftime, the Broncos came alive in the second half. Two tries in 10 minutes to Ben Te’o (49th) and Herbie Farnworth (59th) whittled the deficit to 24-12, setting up a tense final quarter.

But the Titans held their nerve to leave Seibold facing a nervous future.

DIEHARD
27-06-20, 09:18 PM
Team victory song
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FGC Titans%2Fvideos%2F1425083844369373%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Titanic Believer
27-06-20, 09:58 PM
Press Conference

Click here to watch (https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/telstra-premiership/2020/round-7/press-conference-broncos-v-titans---round-7-2020/)

I felt Seibold handled the conference well. 5 straight loses and it seems the world is falling down. Such is Broncos expectation. Go 364 days without a win.....now that would be pressure.
It's great just to see positives in the Titans even better to have a win.

timor 2
27-06-20, 10:16 PM
Great win .... it was even better being the only one up in my section riding Anthony Don home for his intercept try....

Titanic
27-06-20, 10:19 PM
With the exception of Jarrod the Wally, is there anyone we can bag? I’ve just watched the replay and got to mention I thought the ref had a good game.

Taylor, MoFo, Arrow and Jolliffe were probably a bees dick in front of almost everyone else.

gotitans101_
27-06-20, 10:55 PM
I really really really want Arrow to backflip on that South's deal...he's going to be a HUGE loss when he goes.

Toads
27-06-20, 11:13 PM
*currently unable to remove **** eating grin from ones face*