PDA

View Full Version : Round 5: SOUTHS vs TITANS

DIEHARD
08-06-20, 08:29 AM
SOUTHS vs TITANS
3pm, 13 June 2020

ozynorts
08-06-20, 11:21 AM
Well after the win yesterday I am still feeling great but am worried about the hangover for the team.
Souths wont be taking us easy now, unlike the Tigers. The team will need to aim up this week or all the good will from yesterday will vanish into thin air.

Dooldog76
09-06-20, 08:06 AM
Out of curiosity does anyone know the last time we won back to back?

kioli
09-06-20, 10:55 AM
Out of curiosity does anyone know the last time we won back to back?

Looks like it was April 2019, we beat Penrith and Newcastle at home.

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/teams/gold-coast-titans/results.html?page=2&

gotitans101_
09-06-20, 11:57 AM
Cody Walker back for Souths.

willhelm
09-06-20, 01:18 PM
Cody Walker back for Souths.

James Roberts too

Titanic
09-06-20, 02:07 PM
2 points out of the 8 lololol

JunctionBlock
09-06-20, 02:45 PM
Hopefully Walker and Roberts are suffering some rust when they come back and we can exploit it. Rabbitohs didn't do to bad against the Storm last week and the scoreline didn't reflect the game. Hope the same or close to the same team is named so we can get some more unity. I'd hate to see T Roberts named at FB again for the inevitable change on saturday.

JunctionBlock
09-06-20, 03:04 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jguO7jQ.jpg

Upthetits
09-06-20, 04:33 PM
Very interesting to see fermor named on the extended bench.

This rabbitohs team will be a hard game. Hopefully we can run alot of traffic at walker and Roberts and wear them out.

We will need to be on our game defensively or cook could completely tear us apart.

JunctionBlock
09-06-20, 05:42 PM

This rabbitohs team will be a hard game. Hopefully we can run alot of traffic at walker and Roberts and wear them out.

We will need to be on our game defensively or cook could completely tear us apart.

Just let Roberts score a 100m try and that'll be it from him all game he'll be too tired to defend and shoot out of the line rather than tackle.

Titanic
09-06-20, 09:00 PM
Holbrook is starting to show some of his style: YT into the starting 13, Peachey to the bench, reward those who stood up for him ... like it a lot. Copley a bit lucky, but otherwise happy enough with the team.

Dooldog76
10-06-20, 05:58 AM

I get the impression that fermor will suit the new rules really well. Mobile second rower. Haven't seen much of him, but what I have seen suggests he will do well. Just depends on his recovery from injury I suppose.

Mr Bods
11-06-20, 10:06 AM
With the new rules I don’t think we will see Wallace or Boyd again unless injuries force Holbrook to pick them
That’s a lot of salary cap sitting in the stands.
A recovered Dark however will be exceptionally valuable.

Croc
11-06-20, 10:25 AM
With the new rules I don’t think we will see Wallace or Boyd again unless injuries force Holbrook to pick them
That’s a lot of salary cap sitting in the stands.
A recovered Dark however will be exceptionally valuable.

Yeh I was thinking the same.. Boyd looks too slow for the game and didn’t give much impact.. Wallace needs to get his fitness up.. the game feels more like the 9’s but with more players! Be good to see how Fermor goes if he gets a go!

willhelm
11-06-20, 10:32 AM
I wonder how someone like Shannon Boyd can look like he's running in a mix of **** and honey (thanks Seibold) but Addin Fonua Blake who is roughly the same weight has no problems. How did Boyd ever get selected for national honours? What does/did Mal see in him?

Mexican titan
11-06-20, 10:37 AM
I wonder how someone like Shannon Boyd can look like he's running in a mix of **** and honey (thanks Seibold) but Addin Fonua Blake who is roughly the same weight has no problems. How did Boyd ever get selected for national honours? What does/did Mal see in him?

Yeah it's got me stuffed as well. When they signed him I thought, why.
Of the established players we have signed over the years he is up there with the Sarginson, Joe Greenwood group but he is a length of the straight winner as our worst ever signing in my opinion. I'm sure there are others up there but I put them out of my memory.

willhelm
11-06-20, 10:46 AM
Yeah it's got me stuffed as well. When they signed him I thought, why.
Of the established players we have signed over the years he is up there with the Sarginson, Joe Greenwood group but he is a length of the straight winner as our worst ever signing in my opinion. I'm sure there are others up there but I put them out of my memory.

Even Ricky Stuart said he couldn't understand what we were doing when we signed him.

shamus
11-06-20, 11:05 AM

Was it Mal? Or Brennan?...or both

Mr Bods
11-06-20, 11:52 AM

We were negotiating with Wallace and Boyd at the same time.
It looked like Wallace would leave so Boyd was a fallback position.
Then when Wallace re-signed GRAHAM/Brennan/Mal should have withdrawn the offer to Boyd but put integrity and personal reputation ahead of the health of our list and salary cap.
Now we are stuck with a Poo Sandwich while Graham has his luxury NRL job back in Sydney and Brennan kicks back with his contract payout.

For the upset brigade, I apologise.

Hail Sezer
11-06-20, 11:58 AM
We were negotiating with Wallace and Boyd at the same time.
It looked like Wallace would leave so Boyd was a fallback position.
Then when Wallace re-signed GRAHAM/Brennan/Mal should have withdrawn the offer to Boyd but put integrity and personal reputation ahead of the health of our list and salary cap.
Now we are stuck with a Poo Sandwich while Graham has his luxury NRL job back in Sydney and Brennan kicks back with his contract payout.

For the upset brigade, I apologise.

Had nothing to do with Graham. Was actually a decision driven and managed by our recruitment manager at the time - Phil Moss.

Regardless, horrific signing.

I’m looking forward to this game. Copley and Roberts always have a good battle and one seems to light up the other, here’s hoping brother Dale has a blinder

Mr Bods
11-06-20, 01:49 PM
Had nothing to do with Graham. Was actually a decision driven and managed by our recruitment manager at the time - Phil Moss.

Regardless, horrific signing.

I’m looking forward to this game. Copley and Roberts always have a good battle and one seems to light up the other, here’s hoping brother Dale has a blinder

Phil Moss...did he go to Cronulla??

Hail Sezer
11-06-20, 02:45 PM
Phil Moss...did he go to Cronulla??

Yeah mate I think he’s their head of football now. He was with Cronulla before he came to us as well.

Mr Bods
11-06-20, 03:11 PM
Yeah mate I think he’s their head of football now. He was with Cronulla before he came to us as well.

Thanks. Another with a lot to answer for.

NZFan
11-06-20, 04:38 PM

Boyd was signed on 16 May 2018 and Mal didn't sign until 7 November 2018 (according to the Titans website). Mal is an immortal but he can't bend time.

Here's a link to an interesting article back then. Pretty much everything eventuated.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/titans/billy-moore-predicts-titans-shannon-boyd-signing-will-backfire-if-interchange-is-reduced/news-story/008535fc3d9b2e804fa7b85ec21d76d0

JunctionBlock
11-06-20, 06:56 PM
Boyd was signed on 16 May 2018 and Mal didn't sign until 7 November 2018 (according to the Titans website). Mal is an immortal but he can't bend time.

Here's a link to an interesting article back then. Pretty much everything eventuated.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/titans/billy-moore-predicts-titans-shannon-boyd-signing-will-backfire-if-interchange-is-reduced/news-story/008535fc3d9b2e804fa7b85ec21d76d0

So what you're saying is that nothing good has gone to the Titans from Canberra?

Titslover
12-06-20, 10:17 AM
james roberts has been ruled out

Bayside Titan
12-06-20, 10:33 AM
james roberts has been ruled out

This maybe good for us... Anyhow Souths will be still hard to beat...

Mexican titan
12-06-20, 10:52 AM
This maybe good for us... Anyhow Souths will be still hard to beat...

That's good, Roberts always seems to go well against us. That should bring us within 15 points.

ozynorts
12-06-20, 02:23 PM
Yeh I was thinking the same.. Boyd looks too slow for the game and didn’t give much impact.. Wallace needs to get his fitness up.. the game feels more like the 9’s but with more players! Be good to see how Fermor goes if he gets a go!

Boyd has looked too slow for years. I remember when we signed him that pretty much all of us were in disbelief.
I doubt that Wallace will ever get up tp speed either, he was too slow and unfit before the rule changes so can't see him being useful at all.

I hope that the team displays the same grit as last week as we don't want to be playing South's back into form.

Bayside Titan
12-06-20, 03:00 PM
That's good, Roberts always seems to go well against us. That should bring us within 15 points.

Hahahha. Might do. However if we play the same way like last week and improve a little on it I think we could win this one.

Dooldog76
12-06-20, 04:49 PM
I was hoping Jimmy the cessner would play. I knew he wouldn't be fit enough to run through a paper bag.

DIEHARD
12-06-20, 05:27 PM
Rabbitohs v Titans preview
https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34632-rabbitohs-v-titans-preview/

DIEHARD
12-06-20, 05:28 PM
Preview: Rabbitohs v Titans: Roberts' return delayed; Wallace left out
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/08/rabbitohs-v-titans-souths-to-receive-double-boost/

After breaking an almost year-long win drought, the Titans travel to NSW to meet a Rabbitohs team also sitting on a 1-3 record.

While the Gold Coast celebrated their success over the Wests Tigers in round four, South Sydney slipped to a third consecutive defeat when the Storm proved too good.

Wayne Bennett's troops were competitive for the majority of that contest but mistakes cruelled them. They'll be out to reassert themselves as competition heavyweights, though the Titans are hopeful of continuing to climb.

Rabbitohs: Wayne Bennett said on Friday that James Roberts would not be making his comeback, meaning Braidon Burns has earned a reprieve in the centres. Cody Walker returns from suspension with rookie Troy Dargan dropping out of the 17. Patrick Mago and Bayley Sironen replace Mark Nicholls and Keaon Koloamatangi on the interchange.

Bryson Goodwin was the other player cut from the squad when it was reduced to 19 on Friday. The Rabbitohs have won nine of their past 11 games against the Titans.

Titans: No changes to the 17 for a winning Titans team, with playmaker Tyrone Roberts unlikely to return from an ankle issue until next week. Jarrod Wallace and Beau Fermor were omitted from the squad 24 hours before kick-off.

The Titans have not defeated the Rabbitohs in Sydney since 2014.

Key Match-Up
Jai Arrow was enormous at lock in the Gold Coast's pressure-relieving win, frequently bending the line and popping smart offloads. He'll want to continue that form against the club he will join in 2021. Opposite him in the middle will be Cameron Murray, who is a different style of player but equally as impactful.

DIEHARD
12-06-20, 05:29 PM
God, the NRL.com previews get shorter and shorter!!

DIEHARD
12-06-20, 05:30 PM
Holbrook backs Taylor to get better
VIDEO - CLICK HERE TO WATCH (https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/12/holbrook-backs-taylor-to-get-better/)

Gold Coast Titans coach Justin Holbrook says he has found the right halves partner in Jamal Fogarty for Ash Taylor to flourish at five eighth

Mr Bods
12-06-20, 05:45 PM
The great man Adam Gee is refereeing the NQ-NZ game. Spewing.

TITAN PETE
13-06-20, 04:51 AM
So what you're saying is that nothing good has gone to the Titans from Canberra?

Not true if you reverse that question what about Rapana & Sezar :surprise:

- - - Updated - - -

Hoping for a repeat performance today but more emphasis on shutting down the offloads or we may see Latrell show the world he is a fullback

Dooldog76
13-06-20, 09:01 AM
This is a huge game for us. We can really make a statement today about where our team is headed if we are competitive. We don't have to win imo(would be awesome), just be competitive and push souths to the limit. Last thing I want to see after last week is a blowout.

Mr Bods
13-06-20, 12:52 PM
Anyone know who today’s referee is?

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 01:28 PM
Anyone know who today’s referee is?

Cecchin

Mr Bods
13-06-20, 01:30 PM
Cecchin

Thanks JB. I consider having Cecchin to be a positive.

Bayside Titan
13-06-20, 01:56 PM
5 minutes for game time. I’m pretty nervous.

Dobes
13-06-20, 01:57 PM
I don't see why we can't win this. Over recent games we've had with Rabbitohs, we've given them a real run for their money. Rabbitohs really haven't been outstanding either this season. Be interesting to see what happens

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 02:05 PM
Isn’t that a forward pass to yourself?

Dooldog76
13-06-20, 02:06 PM
Wow. So unlucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn’t that a forward pass to yourself?

I'm pretty sure we had a try disallowed years ago with the same thing.

Mexican titan
13-06-20, 02:07 PM
No that wasn't deliberately thrown forward to himself.
Our line defence is tragic.

We are spreading it well in attack though.

TITAN PETE
13-06-20, 02:08 PM
Forwards walking in the 1st 6 minutes

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 02:09 PM
Shape is looking a lot better. Hopefully we make a game of this.

TITAN PETE
13-06-20, 02:09 PM
Nice 5/8 play Lisone & Sami the finisher

willhelm
13-06-20, 02:10 PM
Lisone is the ball playing front rower I hoped Latu was going to be. How has this guy flown under the radar so much? The fact that Mal and Holbrook have identified him when no one else apparently did gives me a lot of hope.

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 02:11 PM
No that wasn't deliberately thrown forward to himself.
Our line defence is tragic.

We are spreading it well in attack though.

I thought it didn’t have to be deliberate. If a player, for instance, had a pass that they received on the in and juggled it over the opposition I thought it would be forward. No expert. Maybe wish for thinking.

gotitans101_
13-06-20, 02:13 PM
Did Proctor just give away 2 6-to-gos?

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 02:15 PM

First one off the scrum I can understand as its strategic to allow the defensive line to set and give away one extra tackle. The one after thee tackles was just Titans dumb.

Hail Sezer
13-06-20, 02:15 PM

Yep. Painful

gotitans101_
13-06-20, 02:17 PM
**** me our right edge was caught napping there

Hail Sezer
Didn’t reload that negative well at all

willhelm
Don rushed in on Walker way too early.

Mexican titan
13-06-20, 02:18 PM
First one off the scrum I can understand as its strategic to allow the defensive line to set and give away one extra tackle. The one after thee tackles was just Titans dumb.

And the resulting pressure leads to a try.

NZFan
Don rushing out of the line and getting found out once again. He was in the middle of nowhere.

Mexican titan
Don rushed in on Walker way too early.

As he always does.

Dooldog76
13-06-20, 02:19 PM
Anasta really ruins the games for me. He shouldn't be allowed to call titans games.

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 02:22 PM
Don rushing out of the line and getting found out once again. He was in the middle of nowhere.

He was caught with a three man overlap. Not much he can do to shut it down but get up in their line and Hope they send them back toward the scrambling defence.

- - - Updated - - -

Anasta really ruins the games for me. He shouldn't be allowed to call titans games.

I’m hating him too

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Robbed on the restart

Dooldog76
13-06-20, 02:22 PM
Ref cost us six then.

gotitans101_
13-06-20, 02:23 PM
refs cheating again

willhelm
13-06-20, 02:23 PM
Reffing has been atrocious today

TITAN PETE
13-06-20, 02:24 PM
Even a replay robs us of a 20 meter restart that ends with a try

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 02:25 PM
It’s that crap that makes us give up.

Wonder what we can do if we have a set of 6

NZFan
[QUOTE=JunctionBlock;403946]He was caught with a three man overlap. Not much he can do to shut it down but get up in their line and Hope they send them back toward the scrambling defence.

He rushed through the line on no one.

TITAN PETE
A mute button for commentators would be awesome for people like Anasta & Farker

gotitans101_
13-06-20, 02:28 PM
and again. why do we even bother?

Dobes
13-06-20, 02:30 PM
This ref is hopeless

NZFan
13-06-20, 02:31 PM
Don is the definition of rocks and gravel. I don't know why we accept this rabble.

Mr Bods
All these dodgy calls against us has destroyed this match.

Dooldog76
You can't promote the ball forward. I've seen it twice now

Mexican titan
13-06-20, 02:32 PM
That supposed knock a disgraceful call.
But can Don get any worse.

gotitans101_
13-06-20, 02:32 PM

he regathered it. He never knocked it into one of our players.

NZFan
13-06-20, 02:33 PM

That's what I thought. I didn't think you could juggle the ball through the defensive line or else you can throw the ball over the line, not get tackled, catch it and carry on.

TITAN PETE
13-06-20, 02:33 PM
Mitchell has lost his confidence & was only a matter of time before he found it again

Mexican titan
13-06-20, 02:34 PM

That's rubbish. It has to be deliberately thrown forward. Don't you think one of t he commentators would have mentioned it.
The reffing is poor but let's not make things up.

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 02:34 PM

My thoughts too. If they were our tries and went upstairs they would have been knock ons.

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 02:39 PM
Sami lost his kicking licence after that one.

Mr Bods
13-06-20, 02:46 PM
A try before halftime and there’s life

- - - Updated - - -

The moment I typed that Tanah drops it

Boonarga
We got nothin’

Gary E
Is there a bigger waste of space and time than Tyrone Peachy!?

gotitans101_
13-06-20, 02:47 PM
Is Peachey ******ed?

TITAN PETE
13-06-20, 02:48 PM
Peachey the 1st of many to move on after this season is done

Dobes
13-06-20, 02:49 PM
Peachey the 1st of many to move on after this season is done

Keen for that

Dooldog76
13-06-20, 02:49 PM
That's rubbish. It has to be deliberately thrown forward. Don't you think one of t he commentators would have mentioned it.
The reffing is poor but let's not make things up.

I'm not making things up mate. Check the rules. You cannot promote the ball forward to better your position. Look it up. You don't have to knock it on.

psmitty
13-06-20, 02:50 PM
We are as useless as tits on a bull. We need to dump almost all those that are off contract. The only ones I would keep in the team are Mo-fo, Kelly, Young T, Brimson. I can't think of any others as they are mostly useless.

Mr Bods
13-06-20, 02:55 PM
I seriously believe this could be a much closer game.
We copped a barrage of non stop 50-50 calls going against us and bad luck too.
Let’s see our resilience levels and win the 2nd half.

Dobes
13-06-20, 02:56 PM
We are as useless as tits on a bull. We need to dump almost all those that are off contract. The only ones I would keep in the team are Mo-fo, Kelly, Young T, Brimson. I can't think of any others as they are mostly useless.

Taylor hasn't been too bad. Wouldn't resign him on a mil a season again though

Dooldog76
13-06-20, 03:02 PM
I seriously believe this could be a much closer game.
We copped a barrage of non stop 50-50 calls going against us and bad luck too.
Let’s see our resilience levels and win the 2nd half.

Totally agree. Let's see how we go.

Pulop
13-06-20, 03:08 PM
I'm not making things up mate. Check the rules. You cannot promote the ball forward to better your position. Look it up. You don't have to knock it on.

Maybe learn the rules first yourself. You can’t DELIBERATELY promote the ball forward.

Mr Bods
13-06-20, 03:09 PM
Old Tissue Paper Copley

TITAN PETE
13-06-20, 03:09 PM
Words of Wisdom from Holebrook have worked again , hopefully we can compete for next 35 minutes

willhelm
13-06-20, 03:10 PM
RIP Coppers

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 03:10 PM
Just read the rules. It’s not a knock on. If they regain possession it’s fine. Interestingly if the ball goes back but bounces forward it’s not a knock on. How often do we see that get called forward.

Yay we scored

Hail Sezer
13-06-20, 03:12 PM
Maybe learn the rules first yourself. You can’t DELIBERATELY promote the ball forward.

Did you make an account just to make this post? Love the dedication

- - - Updated - - -

Dale Copley gon Dale Copley

JunctionBlock

Welcome. Great first post. You’ll make heaps of friends. So when burns raked the ball out deliberately then what would that be?

gotitans101_

lol :laugh:

Dooldog76
13-06-20, 03:13 PM

Isn't this what I'm saying?

Mexican titan
13-06-20, 03:15 PM

- - - Updated - - -

He is right though HS. Anyway, moving on.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the way i read your posts. Are you saying you think the Souths blokes DELIBERATELY knocked the ball forward and regathered?

Pulop
13-06-20, 03:18 PM

Bobbling the ball isn’t deliberately promoting the ball forward.

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 03:19 PM
Lattrell thinks highly of himself trying to get out of the in goal there.

- - - Updated - - -

Bobbling the ball isn’t deliberately promoting the ball forward.

Raking it forward though?

gotitans101_
13-06-20, 03:19 PM
****ing moron Hipgrave

you selfish ****

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 03:20 PM
Hipgrave showing his Nerang heritage there with the dumbest play of the night.

Dooldog76
13-06-20, 03:21 PM
He is right though HS. Anyway, moving on.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the way i read your posts. Are you saying you think the Souths blokes DELIBERATELY knocked the ball forward and regathered?

Maybe not mitchell, but the second try could have gone either way. I did actually say promote the ball. But anyway let it go. You're right.

gotitans101_
13-06-20, 03:28 PM
6 to go - Peachey
6 to go - Proctor

- - - Updated - - -

Why is Arrow out in the centres?

They clearly identified that and hammered that side.

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 03:32 PM
I think because Fogarty is off and there is a weird reshuffle

gotitans101_
13-06-20, 03:38 PM
Peachey FFS

- - - Updated - - -

Is anyone else as frustrated with Peachey as I am, week after week? Anyone else wish he just wasn't in the side at all?

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 03:42 PM
Peachey FFS

And throwing the lazy arm out at head level every time he gets stepped.

- - - Updated - - -

Peachey FFS

- - - Updated - - -

Is anyone else as frustrated with Peachey as I am, week after week? Anyone else wish he just wasn't in the side at all?

I agree

- - - Updated - - -

Love Lisone jumping straight back up after the shoulder charge.

Mexican titan
13-06-20, 03:45 PM
At least a bit of spirit. Souths haven't scored this half.

Oh ****

gotitans101_
13-06-20, 03:46 PM

yeah I agree with that.

nvm

JunctionBlock
13-06-20, 03:47 PM

Jinxed

At least Bennett knows not to play Arrow in the centre’s.

Croc
13-06-20, 03:48 PM
We are really going to miss arrow next year!

Dooldog76
13-06-20, 03:48 PM
I think Anasta wants to marry mitchell.

Mexican titan
13-06-20, 03:49 PM
Jinxed

Yep. Should have waited.

TITAN PETE
13-06-20, 03:57 PM
Be nice if we could play both 40 minutes, happy with the 2nd half efforts , love him or hate him Mitchell beat us

Dooldog76
13-06-20, 03:57 PM
Some pretty dodgy calls. Wish they hadn't let that last try in. All in all, they didn't give up and up until 10 mins to go we still had a chance. Effort in second half was good.

C-Whiz
13-06-20, 04:00 PM
Terrible first half, better second half. Rookie errors. Taylor back to passing 5m before the line.

Worst thing about this is playing Lattrell Mitchell back into form and now having to listen to all the commentators lick his sweaty date about how good he is.

Dooldog76
13-06-20, 04:03 PM
Terrible first half, better second half. Rookie errors. Taylor back to passing 5m before the line.

Worst thing about this is playing Lattrell Mitchell back into form and now having to listen to all the commentators lick his sweaty date about how good he is.

I think this is annoying me more.

Whats Doing
13-06-20, 04:06 PM
2 take-always

We really lack go forward are go side ways too much.

Taylor is still sh!t and lacked any involvement in that 2nd half when he needed to step up.

Let’s organise a swap with Drongoes for Dearden ASAP

DIEHARD
13-06-20, 04:20 PM
I was happy to see some fight in the team in the 2nd half after nothing to cheer about in the first. Stings to see Mitchell have a good game against us. Lacked go forward. Outclassed but I'm not without hope. Dragons next.

BundyTitan
13-06-20, 04:20 PM
Disappointing to lose that after the win last week but that second half was a lot better. Really in the first half there was one souths try after Don was ruled to have taken it dead (replay showed that Johnston knocked it dead) and another try off an incorrect knock on call against Kelly (he didn't even touch it). You take those two tries off and it's a much better result. Also a few lucky tries to Latrell and Burns where they lost it but regathered it, but good teams make their own luck I suppose.

Best today were Carty, Kelly and of course Mo. Really impressed by Carty's form post flu-shot :rolleyes: he created a ton of opportunities tonight but the execution just wasn't there from the other guys. Looks really interested and his defence has been much improved too.

Execution and a couple of hard running forwards that punch holes in the defence (Mo is our only one) is what we are lacking severely. It might seem shocking looking at the scorelines but our goal line defence is quite good, we just do too much of it and tire out by the end.

Overall, sucks to lose and the margin blew out but the effort especially in the second half was extraordinary. Need to keep it going though and next week vs Saints is a must win

Mexican titan
13-06-20, 04:22 PM
2 take-always

We really lack go forward are go side ways too much.

Taylor is still sh!t and lacked any involvement in that 2nd half when he needed to step up.

Let’s organise a swap with Drongoes for Dearden ASAP

Deardon yep or any decent half. I fear Taylor is never going to make it.

DIEHARD
13-06-20, 04:23 PM
Good take Bundy. I'm nodding my head. The road back won't be paved in win win win win loss win. It's going to be a process. And Souths are well resourced contenders.

C-Whiz
13-06-20, 04:28 PM
Best today were Carty, Kelly and of course Mo. Really impressed by Carty's form post flu-shot :rolleyes: he created a ton of opportunities tonight but the execution just wasn't there from the other guys. Looks really interested and his defence has been much improved too.
I still can't get a read on Cartwright. Does some good things occasionally but I always cringe when he is around the ball, never sure what you're gonna get. Not the worst currently though.

shamus
13-06-20, 04:30 PM
Calmed down now...nuthin’ to say

GCTTSD
13-06-20, 04:32 PM
It is so frustrating watching us play, we beat ourselves with dumb errors and failing to build pressure. I absolutely hate it how everytime we are running out from our own half we play so deep and just shift it sideways and go nowhere, we need to be playing flat and over the advantage line

Ausphin
13-06-20, 04:39 PM
Disappointing to lose that after the win last week but that second half was a lot better. Really in the first half there was one souths try after Don was ruled to have taken it dead (replay showed that Johnston knocked it dead) and another try off an incorrect knock on call against Kelly (he didn't even touch it). You take those two tries off and it's a much better result. Also a few lucky tries to Latrell and Burns where they lost it but regathered it, but good teams make their own luck I suppose.

Execution and a couple of hard running forwards that punch holes in the defence (Mo is our only one) is what we are lacking severely. It might seem shocking looking at the scorelines but our goal line defence is quite good, we just do too much of it and tire out by the end.

Overall, sucks to lose and the margin blew out but the effort especially in the second half was extraordinary. Need to keep it going though and next week vs Saints is a must win

I agree with most of this. Thought our goal line defence was really good. Annoys the hell out of me when our wingers jam in, particularly Don. Still not sure why he is in the team ahead of Pearson. Yes, he is a threat in the air, but he is aware of his lack of speed and too often shoots up too far in defence. Every time he is put away through an overlap down the sideline, he knows he isn't going far and always tries to step back inside.

As much as I hate losing, upon reflection this year needs to be about 4 things-

1. Avoiding the wooden spoon
2. Start rebuilding a culture of hard work and opportunity, clearing out some deadwood.
3. Use the year to gauge exactly what we have in Taylor. Saw good signs last week, this week not so much
4. Further develop some of our young players such as Kelly (as a centre), Tanah Boyd, Fermor, Fogarty, Clark and Joliffe.

Before this year started Fogarty, Clark, Lisone, Tonumaipea and Joliffe weren't even in our squad, yet I think they all can be genuine options for our 17 next season.

NZTITAN
13-06-20, 05:20 PM
Tanah Boyd was super impressive tonight as was Brian Kelly.

Honestly, I thought there were some good signs there, certainly appreciating the fight that a lot of these guys are showing.

gotitans101_
13-06-20, 05:23 PM
Shout-out to resident pea-brain Keegan Hipgrave as well for selfishly trying to take the line on and losing the ball early in the tackle count. We had all the momentum up until then, and that killed it.

I know I give him a lot of **** on here, and it's big blunders like that from him week in week out which is the reason why.

Mr Bods
13-06-20, 05:59 PM
I thought we were destroyed by the referee giving every marginal decision against us in the first half compounded by Souffs also getting some good luck with the football followed by a second half that backed up my first point.
The game should have been much closer than that score line but the Referee and the Bunker Boys do live in Sydney and we are a small club.
We weren’t that bad.

Mr Bods
13-06-20, 06:39 PM
Holbrook not happy either with the first half performance of the referees

Mexican titan
13-06-20, 07:37 PM
Holbrook not happy either with the first half performance of the referees

The ref was not good, especially in the first half, but to blame him for the loss is totally ridiculous. Perhaps the 5/8, hooker, Don etc should have the finger pointed at them.

Mr Bods
13-06-20, 07:58 PM
The ref was not good, especially in the first half, but to blame him for the loss is totally ridiculous. Perhaps the 5/8, hooker, Don etc should have the finger pointed at them.

You are entitled to think I’m ridiculous in my opinions if you want but Cecchin giving us bad call after bad call after bad call and then compounded by the luck of the bounce of the ball removed us from the contest.
That score line is very misleading.

Mexican titan
13-06-20, 08:11 PM
You are entitled to think I’m ridiculous in my opinions if you want but Cecchin giving us bad call after bad call after bad call and then compounded by the luck of the bounce of the ball removed us from the contest.
That score line is very misleading.

Just me I guess but when you lose by 20 points I tend to look at the players performance. I agree the score was misleading but I'd rather concentrate on the efforts of Don, Taylor, Clark, Peachey, and Hipgrave for starters. When you get 5 performances like that what hope do you have. Yet again we failed to sustain any pressure.

Mr Bods
13-06-20, 08:54 PM
The night has been salvaged
But I’m not elaborating

DIEHARD
13-06-20, 09:05 PM
The night has been salvaged
But I’m not elaborating

I know why!

Dooldog76
13-06-20, 09:06 PM
Me too. Good on them

Mr Bods
13-06-20, 09:11 PM
I’m not saying anything else (Titan Pete is watching)

Titslover
13-06-20, 09:21 PM
I think its clear that we’re severely lacking a ballplaying fullback right now. Everytime Sami gets the ball out the back of a block play he just surrenders in the tackle. Literally didnt see him throw the pass once today. I certainly don’t think Roberts is a fullback but at least he’d give us some playmaking there

Mr Bods
13-06-20, 10:08 PM
With Tissue Paper Copley out then I guess we will see TRoberts at FB, Sami wing, Kelly Centre.
Didn’t see any other injuries (correct me if I’m wrong)
I am wondering whether Holbrook will give some thought to dropping Hipgrave for Wallace.

gotitans101_
13-06-20, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't mess with FB now at least until AJ is fit. Plus I don't think we need Tyrone Roberts anywhere near this team atm.

DIEHARD
13-06-20, 10:30 PM
Any ETA on AJ? We really need him.

Mr Bods
13-06-20, 10:37 PM
I wouldn't mess with FB now at least until AJ is fit. Plus I don't think we need Tyrone Roberts anywhere near this team atm.

Well our Coach has named him twice now at FB so I’m expecting it to happen

GCTTSD
13-06-20, 11:39 PM
Tristan sailor would be good at FB for us now Holbrook get him here

willhelm
14-06-20, 06:20 AM
It is so frustrating watching us play, we beat ourselves with dumb errors and failing to build pressure. I absolutely hate it how everytime we are running out from our own half we play so deep and just shift it sideways and go nowhere, we need to be playing flat and over the advantage line

One of the commentators last night mentioned that Adam O'Brien (I think) in an interview said that he was more concerned with effort than execution because the latter is much easier to fix. With our mob, I'm seeing the effort that was there in 2016 but with poor execution. Hipgrave's knock on being the most glaring example. He didn't knock it on out of Wallace-like laziness. He knocked it on in an enthusiastic effort play that also happened to be a bit boneheaded. Holbrook can fix that but it will take time. The effort I'm seeing has me very optimistic for the future. Heads aren't dropping and the side isn't giving up like the last two years.

JunctionBlock
14-06-20, 09:16 AM
With Tissue Paper Copley out then I guess we will see TRoberts at FB, Sami wing, Kelly Centre.
Didn’t see any other injuries (correct me if I’m wrong)
I am wondering whether Holbrook will give some thought to dropping Hipgrave for Wallace.

Possibly Arrows ribs.

Leave Sami if we don’t get Corey this week. Either way move Kelly inside and bring back Pearson.

Bayside Titan
14-06-20, 11:13 AM
Naturally disappointed with the loss but I like that we look like a team still trying. Yep I know we made a bunch a simple mistakes but we would have been the old team to fold but I thought that we tried till the end. We held them in the Second half and looked better in the second half in patches. I like the Clarke / Boyd rotation and the front three of MO/Clarke/Sam. I'm liking what I see with Bryce but thought he tried little too hard in some spots and should have played little reserved. Someone mentioned that it looks like Fogarty gets overcalled sometimes and I thought that was the case this week. I felt that we were more likely on the right edge and should have exploited that a little more. Anyhow I can see that we are doing better and have more effort so that will do me for the time being.

TITAN PETE
14-06-20, 04:37 PM
I’m not saying anything else (Titan Pete is watching)

Bodsy I like your restraint & I’m happy for them just talk about it in the right category :laugh:

Bayside Titan
15-06-20, 01:49 PM
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/15/graham-annesley-weekly-football-briefing---round-5/

About halfway through GA confirms that Cartwrights NO try should have been a try. Maybe a momentum change for us. ???

Upthetits
15-06-20, 03:27 PM
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/15/graham-annesley-weekly-football-briefing---round-5/

About halfway through GA confirms that Cartwrights NO try should have been a try. Maybe a momentum change for us. ???

To be honest it felt like we didn't get the bounce of the ball that whole game. If it was our day I could have seen us beating them. Felt like we had multiple chances and 2 of their trys were just total luck.

Mr Bods
15-06-20, 03:33 PM
The first half was a stitch up

BundyTitan
15-06-20, 03:37 PM
Agreed Bods, no surprise that when the ref stopped making so many blunders we finished the second half 6-6 (and actually Annersley has confirmed it should've been 12-6)

Dooldog76
15-06-20, 04:51 PM
The first half was a stitch up

100% agree. Absolute disgrace.

Titanic
15-06-20, 06:26 PM
100% agree. Absolute disgrace.
Some things never change :-(

Dooldog76
15-06-20, 06:31 PM
Some things never change :-(

Meaning?

Upthetits
15-06-20, 07:18 PM
Meaning?

Alot of refs automatically call against us as we are expected to lose. Not many games where we get the rub of the green / the 50/50 calls go mostly our way.

JunctionBlock
15-06-20, 07:18 PM
Meaning?

we always get stitched up

Mr Bods
15-06-20, 07:20 PM
Alot of refs automatically call against us as we are expected to lose. Not many games where we get the rub of the green / the 50/50 calls go mostly our way.

That’s exactly my view of the world too

Dooldog76
15-06-20, 07:28 PM
Sorry misunderstood.

- - - Updated - - -

We are definitely always at the end of the longest line.

Titanic
15-06-20, 07:32 PM
Sorry misunderstood.

- - - Updated - - -

We are definitely always at the end of the longest line. Sorry Doolsie it wasn’t aimed at you ... just we never seem to get the rub of the green.

Mr Bods
16-06-20, 06:25 PM
Is there any news around on how long tissue paper Copley is gone for?

Hail Sezer
17-06-20, 10:35 AM
Is there any news around on how long tissue paper Copley is gone for?

I think I read somewhere he will be available for the Broncos clash or the round following this

Mr Bods
17-06-20, 05:56 PM
Thanks HS. Tissue Paper. We will need him again.

JunctionBlock
17-06-20, 06:31 PM

For those that are bored at work like me, watched Annesleys rap of the refs stuff ups. 14:45min mark he says the Cartwright "no try" that was a bunker decision should have been a try.