PDA

View Full Version : Round 4: WESTS TIGERS vs TITANS

DIEHARD
29-05-20, 06:27 PM
WESTS TIGERS vs TITANS

lonegull
29-05-20, 06:29 PM
Can’t wait to team list Tuesday see what Holbrook does as he will have to make changes

NZFan
29-05-20, 06:55 PM
Can’t wait to team list Tuesday see what Holbrook does as he will have to make changes

He wont. I'll put everything I own on the fact that the only changes he will make is bringing back Don and Roberts.

Mr Bods
29-05-20, 07:40 PM
No top 8 for us this year.
Wooden Spoon Highly Likely.
A winless season is more than possible.

We now are looking to try and just be disciplined, passionate and competitive.

elltee
30-05-20, 05:45 AM
He wont. I'll put everything I own on the fact that the only changes he will make is bringing back Don and Roberts.

We don’t really have anyone left. I think Fogarty has shown more in his first 80 mins then Taylor in a year and a half. I think Taylor needs to be dropped as it showed he was still calling/wasting plays and overriding Fogarty which needs to stop. Give Tanah the gig next week. As for Sami’s disgusting display of giving up and not cutting off the scoring play twice! And having more running meters running hard to the deadball line instead of at least having a crack was by far the worst thing from this game. I would be chucking YT in over him this week. Nothing to loose now.

Mr Bods
30-05-20, 06:32 AM
We don’t really have anyone left. I think Fogarty has shown more in his first 80 mins then Taylor in a year and a half. I think Taylor needs to be dropped as it showed he was still calling/wasting plays and overriding Fogarty which needs to stop. Give Tanah the gig next week. As for Sami’s disgusting display of giving up and not cutting off the scoring play twice! And having more running meters running hard to the deadball line instead of at least having a crack was by far the worst thing from this game. I would be chucking YT in over him this week. Nothing to loose now.

I totally agree about Sami there. He does things that Competitive footballers don’t do in his lack of instinctive competitiveness.
He should never ever play fullback again.

NZTITAN
30-05-20, 10:44 AM
I mean, anyone that thought this team would've been close to the top 8 this year was kidding themselves.

We're at least 2 seasons away from being in that conversation imo.

gotitans101_
30-05-20, 11:16 AM
Surely we have some better forwards sitting in QCup than Keegan Derpgrave and Jarrod Wallace? I can't speak for Boyd since I turned off long before then.

Mr Bods
30-05-20, 11:21 AM
I mean, anyone that thought this team would've been close to the top 8 this year was kidding themselves.

We're at least 2 seasons away from being in that conversation imo.

A Club has to always start the season setting the top 8 as a goal.
Last night was the last hurrah for that.
It’s now development, culture and clean out time.

Not that my opinion matters as I do trust the brains of Coach Holbrook but for a rare occasion I might have a crack at a 17

Pearson
Sami
Kelly
Copley
Don
Taylor
Fogarty
SBoyd (bring Mo on after 15min for him)
Peats
Lisone
Proctor
Hipgrave
Arrow

Mo
Wallace
Cartwright
Peachey

willhelm
30-05-20, 11:56 AM
I wouldn't have Boyd in the side unless we have Rein as a bench hooker. The only thing Boyd is potentially good for is impact off the bench to draw in defenders and give a darter like Rein more opportunities around the ruck. I don't think Boyd is capable of that anymore though.

RufusRex
01-06-20, 11:25 AM
Dragons fan here .. i watched your game with interest as i think some of our problems are the same.

The coach made the right call to me bringing in Fogarty but the ego's of the players around him wouldnt actually let him be organise the team. As a result you went to Taylor way to often and left Fogarty out of the loop.

Dragons need to bring in Clune but i fear the same thing, the likes of Hunt/Norman wont allow him to actually do what he is there to do and as a result the team looks ****e.

Fogarty needs to be allowed to play that 7 and if Taylor doesnt let him then the hook has to come out for Taylor until he learns to be that 5/8 with less touches and more quality.

Titanic
01-06-20, 01:54 PM
Welcome RR and couldn’t agree more.

DIEHARD
01-06-20, 01:57 PM
Dragons fan here .. i watched your game with interest as i think some of our problems are the same.

The coach made the right call to me bringing in Fogarty but the ego's of the players around him wouldnt actually let him be organise the team. As a result you went to Taylor way to often and left Fogarty out of the loop.

Dragons need to bring in Clune but i fear the same thing, the likes of Hunt/Norman wont allow him to actually do what he is there to do and as a result the team looks ****e.

Fogarty needs to be allowed to play that 7 and if Taylor doesnt let him then the hook has to come out for Taylor until he learns to be that 5/8 with less touches and more quality.

Hey RufusRex, thanks for stopping by and giving your third eye view. It makes sense.

NZFan
01-06-20, 05:07 PM
RR, good observation, completely agree. Hey what are your thoughts on Rein?

RufusRex
02-06-20, 09:15 AM
RR, good observation, completely agree. Hey what are your thoughts on Rein?

He is not as good as many think. I was glad to see the back of him when he left the dragons.
His passing from dummy half is not out in front and as a result a lot of receivers have to stop on the hitup to catch the pass and lose momentum. He burst onto the scene in his first year with dummy half running but offers little else. Too many mistakes as well. You would be better off with Peachey at 9 and that is saying something.

willhelm
02-06-20, 09:43 AM
He is not as good as many think. I was glad to see the back of him when he left the dragons.
His passing from dummy half is not out in front and as a result a lot of receivers have to stop on the hitup to catch the pass and lose momentum. He burst onto the scene in his first year with dummy half running but offers little else. Too many mistakes as well. You would be better off with Peachey at 9 and that is saying something.

This is my view as well. He’s a good runner from dummy half and works well as a bench hooker playing 20-30 mins. He struggles with passing and fatigue though so can’t play big minutes. He’s like a worse version of Granville.

Mr Bods
02-06-20, 11:31 AM
I’m not sure we’ve ever had Peachey as the number 17 and he’s come on and played some hooker yet.
It’s time.

elltee
02-06-20, 11:34 AM
I’m not sure we’ve ever had Peachey as the number 17 and he’s come on and played some hooker yet.
It’s time.

He is too dumb and doesn't respect the football.

Give Clark a run. Nothing to lose.

Mr Bods
02-06-20, 11:37 AM
He is too dumb and doesn't respect the football.

Give Clark a run. Nothing to lose.

I’d just rather Peachey over Clark as the 17 as he provides many more options if a backline player has to go off or a backrower.

elltee
02-06-20, 12:17 PM
Good point. Start Clark and Peachy on as a roaming forward at the 20-minute mark would be ideal.

willhelm
02-06-20, 12:27 PM
For me, Peachey is a utility forward and that’s it.

NZFan
02-06-20, 12:44 PM
Agree with you willhelm. His defence is also very weak which leads to quick play of the balls when he’s involved in the tackle. I’m glad to hear from a Dragons fan that I’m not just imagining things.

The problem with Peachey is he only a good player when he is in the right team. Both him and Cartwright offer a point of difference and creative flair when They have a structure to play off. Unfortunately for us, we don’t have the structure or defensive capability to hide them in the team. It’s hard to see a place for either of those two players anymore.

Hail Sezer
02-06-20, 03:13 PM
Holbrook goes hard...the man is not afraid to wield the axe. I like

mdrew
02-06-20, 03:15 PM
Great to see Tannah Boyd onto the bench.

Mr Bods
02-06-20, 03:17 PM
The named team will sure provoke discussion.
I’ll stay out of it.
Holbrook needs time and support to impose his philosophy and way on both the team and onto us as well.

JunctionBlock
02-06-20, 03:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/GJwp62p.jpg

With the exception of Roberts at Fullback Holbrook has earned my support and respect.

Croc
02-06-20, 03:20 PM
Love how he has changed up the side.. peats and s Boyd stopped! Feel for Pearson, he should be on a wing.. peachy is the worse
Centre.. they are going to target that side all game as he will rush off the line every time and leave his winger outnumbered.. isn’t that where a bunch of the tries went through? Other then that, happy for the changes.. faster pace team

indoallstars
02-06-20, 03:21 PM
Finally some changes and a coach which won't get walked over by our players.

Obviously don't agree with all the changes eg Peachey in the centres and Roberts at fullback, but it is refreshing seeing a different line up.

Hopefully Pearson can get another crack!

lonegull
02-06-20, 03:23 PM
Wow he aint frightened to wield the axe holbrook great to see, feel a bit sorry for Pearson he deserved another shot. Cant wait to see
T Boyd around the middle of the ruck

NZTITAN
02-06-20, 03:25 PM
Love it. Huge opportunity for guys like Erin Clark to cement a spot for themselves in the 17. I do think Jonus Pearson might be unlucky to not find himself in the 17 though.

indoallstars
02-06-20, 03:26 PM
Gone with a pretty light bench, it will be interesting to see our gameplan with subs and if he's trying to exploit the new rules.

NZTITAN
02-06-20, 03:29 PM
I'll say maybe Tyrone Peachey finds himself playing serious minutes in the back-row if that is the bench come gametime, he could benefit there with the new rules.

TitansState
02-06-20, 03:31 PM
Thank you Holbrook. Shame we have to have a winger on the bench but looking at our current squad, can't even question it tbh.

Bayside Titan
02-06-20, 03:53 PM
Great to see Tannah Boyd onto the bench.

Sure is mate. Hope he gets some good minutes.

Also think that the side will change abit before game day. I’ll tip Roberts out.

JunctionBlock
02-06-20, 03:53 PM
I'll say maybe Tyrone Peachey finds himself playing serious minutes in the back-row if that is the bench come gametime, he could benefit there with the new rules.

Either that or Roberts won't last the game at fullback due to fitness and Young T comes in for a backline reshuffle if required.

Ausphin
02-06-20, 03:55 PM
I started reading the teamsheet and saw Roberts and Peachey and felt dejected but then saw the other changes.

Love Clark starting at hooker and Tanah coming off the bench. I have said before that i think Tanah could be a superstar at hooker, particularly now the way the game is going.

I'll give Holbrook credit, he is not mucking around. Takes some stones to put an Origin player like Wallace on the extended bench and leave Peats (another origin player) and Shannon Boyd (unbelievably a Kangaroo) out of the squad.

Bravo.

I would not be suprised if Kelly starts in the centres with YT on the wing and Peachey to the bench.

ozynorts
02-06-20, 04:06 PM
Every week Holbrook impresses me more. He is shaking things up and is showing the playing group that he is the boss. Love it. He is hampered by the roster but he you can see that he isn't going to die wondering about what each player has to offer.
As much as I hate to say it Cartwright might actually be an effective player in the current climate. His defense is still his biggest concern and even if he does play well he still needs to be moved on when his contract expires.

willhelm
02-06-20, 04:12 PM
I like it. However, I would prefer Roberts out with Sami/Young fullback (don't care who) and Sami/Young/Pearson wings, Copley/Kelly centres, Peachey bench and Cartwright out.

ozynorts
02-06-20, 04:22 PM
I like it. However, I would prefer Roberts out with Sami/Young fullback (don't care who) and Sami/Young/Pearson wings, Copley/Kelly centres, Peachey bench and Cartwright out.

If we get C Thompson from the Tigers then Roberts must go out. Sami to the wing with Pearson and Young has to prove he is up to speed, bench utility back?
Copley and Kelly centres but only until we have someone to step up and replace Copley.
I have Young on the bench so Peachey is gone and Cartwright onto bench.

NZFan
02-06-20, 04:49 PM
To add even more insult Pearson is listed below Don. He would have been the first back, or possibly second behind Kelly that I would have picked this week.

Titanic Believer
02-06-20, 05:23 PM
After years of coaches putting up the same failed combinations, it is great to see something different. I can't know what the coach sees at training so I won't question the details of the team. But now let's see this year who stands up and delivers. I look forward to seeing Spry, Farmer, and Fermor get a go this season.

ozynorts
02-06-20, 05:29 PM
After years of coaches putting up the same failed combinations, it is great to see something different. I can't know what the coach sees at training so I won't question the details of the team. But now let's see this year who stands up and delivers. I look forward to seeing Spry, Farmer, and Fermor get a go this season.

With what little I have seen of Spry I am not convinced he will make it, personal opinion only.
Farmer, I can't wait to see him get a shot.
Fermor, haven't really seen him yet so can't comment.

Dooldog76
02-06-20, 05:34 PM
There is a footy god. Don't agree with Roberts at full back and Pearson getting dropped but obviously he watched the same game we did. I reckon this is how it'll work. Peachy to lock or second row. Kelly to centre and young to wing. Pretty good setup.

Titanic
02-06-20, 07:28 PM
Anything that will wake this lot up is wonderful... go coach go!

Just-a-Fan
03-06-20, 08:50 AM
GO TITANS KICK SOME BUTTS

willhelm
03-06-20, 10:13 AM
If Ash can’t get it together this week, what do you guys reckon about Roberts and Fogarty in the halves?

Ash had the best short kicking game in the comp pre-Hayne. I just don’t understand what has happened to it.

NZFan
03-06-20, 10:32 AM
If Ash can’t get it together this week, what do you guys reckon about Roberts and Fogarty in the halves?

Ash had the best short kicking game in the comp pre-Hayne. I just don’t understand what has happened to it.

Two words can answer that - Roberts and Brennan. Massive no to Roberts ever getting a run in the halves again. Much rather Boyd or even Sexton

gotitans101_
03-06-20, 11:00 AM
Dunno why T Boyd didn't get a run sooner...thought he was a standout in the Nines.

DIEHARD
03-06-20, 12:46 PM
I'm delighted to see the axe swing and I back Holbrook. As other people said, he won't die wondering. And this type of action is years overdue. It will help build a competitive culture.

JunctionBlock
03-06-20, 03:12 PM
I'm delighted to see the axe swing and I back Holbrook. As other people said, he won't die wondering. And this type of action is years overdue. It will help build a competitive culture.

Totally agree and if it doesn't then plenty of contracts to negotiate over the next three years. Still expect to lose but at least others are getting a go rather than worrying about putting a salary cap on the field. Maybe we should start a deadpool thread "who's next?"

Mexican titan
03-06-20, 04:28 PM
Dunno why T Boyd didn't get a run sooner...thought he was a standout in the Nines.

Really happy for Boyd to get a chance but I don't think the 9's performance should be compared to the real stuff.

gotitans101_
03-06-20, 08:56 PM
Really happy for Boyd to get a chance but I don't think the 9's performance should be compared to the real stuff.

Thought he was decent in the few games he played for us last year too. Has a bit of go in him...which is more than I can say for the rest of our spine.

RufusRex
04-06-20, 11:33 AM
Its obvious with Taylor. He isnt an organising half. He needs less touches if the Titans are going to be any chance.
Fogarty has been picked for a reason, let him do his job - if Ash gets in the way then hook him for Boyd until he gets the message.

elltee
04-06-20, 04:07 PM
Its obvious with Taylor. He isnt an organising half. He needs less touches if the Titans are going to be any chance.
Fogarty has been picked for a reason, let him do his job - if Ash gets in the way then hook him for Boyd until he gets the message.

Love this.

JunctionBlock
04-06-20, 08:55 PM
No matter what happens this weekend, we'll always have 59-0. Big howdy to Badger from last week.

DIEHARD
04-06-20, 11:11 PM
League Unlimited preview https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34604-titans-v-wests-tigers-preview/

ozynorts
05-06-20, 05:34 AM
No matter what happens this weekend, we'll always have 59-0. Big howdy to Badger from last week.

Broncos humiliated as Roosters run riot in 59-0 victory at Suncorp Stadium
There are not enough words left to describe the hole Brisbane now find themselves in. Decimated by injury, utterly demoralised and ripped apart by the Sydney Roosters in a record-breaking defeat at Suncorp Stadium.
Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail

June 4, 2020 11:18pm
Close

This wasn’t an NRL contest. This was men belting boys.
Injury ravaged Brisbane slumped to the worst loss in their 32-year history as the red-hot Roosters spanked the Baby Broncos in a stunning 59-0 massacre at Suncorp Stadium.
The 10-try carve-up also represented Brisbane’s worst-ever loss at Suncorp Stadium, leaving the battered Broncos in tatters ahead of Thursday night’s road trip to face Manly on the NSW Central Coast.
This serving of ineptitude eclipsed the Broncos’ 58-0 finals horror show against the Eels last September, which triggered an internal player review by coach Anthony Seibold.

The Broncos went into the clash without injured Alex Glenn, Jack Bird and David Fifita and suspended Tevita Pangai Jr and Kotoni Staggs but not even Allan Langer would have saved them from the type of defeat that spotlights a club’s culture.
The Broncos board should be asking questions of this debacle and how the NRL’s richest club can serve up such a pathetic standard of football.
Injuries alone can be no excuse for a second consecutive implosion after last week’s 34-6 loss to the Eels.
In the space of seven days, the Broncos have conceded 93 points, leaked 16 tries and missed 54 tackles.

There was no heart. No energy. No commitment. No cohesion. No line speed. No apparent spirit and simply no constructive ideas as the Broncos capitulated against the back-to-back premiers, who hummed along like a Rolls Royce.
The Roosters were slick. Brisbane were shambolic.
The scary thing is that Roosters sensation James Tedesco (illness) was a late scratching. If the NRL’s No.1 player appeared, the Roosters would have won by 70.
Even allowing for Brisbane’s injury toll, this performance was unacceptable for a glamour club like the Broncos. Club founder Paul ‘Porky’ Morgan would be turning in his grave.

Never has this club looked so utterly clueless.
The Broncos were so lifeless in the first half their troops should have had temperature checks at half-time.
Some of the Roosters’ five first-half tries were so soft it looked like the premiers were cantering through a training run. The most emphatic evidence came in the 10th minute, when Broncos veteran Darius Boyd was horribly caught out rushing up in defence, allowing Joseph Manu to score in the corner untouched.
In the 59th minute, Roosters prop Lindsay Collins strolled over like he was walking down Queen St Mall.

Brisbane’s pain was inescapable.
Regardless of the opposition, the Broncos will not compete for the top eight if they continue to disrespect possession. Their first-half completion rate was 47 per cent.
While he has a depleted squad, coach Seibold has to somehow raise the spirit of his troops to keep their finals ambitions on track.
Darius Boyd’s defence at left centre was woeful and halfback Brodie Croft could be dropped in favour of Tom Dearden. But the real problem is Brisbane’s inexperienced pack … and a side which is simply too young to compete with the big boys.
SYDNEY ROOSTERS 59 (A Crichton 2 L Collins K Flanagan L Keary J Manu B Morris J Morris V Radley D Tupou tries K Flanagan 9 goals L Keary field goal) bt BRISBANE 0 at Suncorp Stadium. Referee: Grant Atkins.

Badel must have hated writing that....

Titanic Believer
05-06-20, 07:57 PM
I understand the Broncos hate but they can improve with their young team. We can't this season with the old underperforming players which still underpin the team at the moment.

Mr Bods
05-06-20, 08:00 PM
I understand the Broncos hate but they can improve with their young team. We can't this season with the old underperforming players which still underpin the team at the moment.

The Drongoes getting flogged is a small ray of light and joy for me to hold onto during our current hopeless, embarrassing and hapless predicament.

Titslover
05-06-20, 09:33 PM
i won $560 off them getting flogged too, most enjoyable night of footy ive had in a while

Dooldog76
07-06-20, 06:36 AM
Tyrone Roberts is out. Sami to fb and Pearson on the wing.

willhelm
07-06-20, 07:24 AM

Good

Mr Bods
07-06-20, 08:53 AM

Should be the other way around. Sami lost the right to play FB for the rest of his life last week.

Bayside Titan
07-06-20, 01:52 PM
Just moved the last two posts to the COVID thread for the minute.

willhelm
07-06-20, 02:28 PM
Just moved the last two posts to the COVID thread for the minute.

All good, wasn’t sure where to post it. Just wanted to vent about something that could jeopardize the game after all the good work over the last few months.

JunctionBlock
07-06-20, 04:33 PM
Sami to FB Young to the centre’s Don on the wing. Cartwright to start with Hipgrave and Peachey to the bench.

This is on the NRL site.

Hail Sezer
07-06-20, 04:33 PM
Few changes.

Sami FB, Don in (not Pearson), YT to centre, Peachey benched. Cartwright starting, Hipgrave on bench.

Disappointed re Hipgrave but Peachey being benched is a good thing. Also would have Pearson over Don, personally.

Looking forward to seeing new combinations. Really wish we had a backup genuine FB, it’s such an important position and we can only bandaid it with a winger who doesn’t really want to play it himself. The sooner we can get Thompson secured the better.

Edit: JB beat me to it :)

JunctionBlock
07-06-20, 05:08 PM
Few upsets this round. Hopefully we can follow the trend.

Dooldog76
07-06-20, 05:23 PM
Mal just shut down anasta the rock ape on fox. Loved it.

JunctionBlock
07-06-20, 05:25 PM

I thought Mal should join the forum. He wasn’t exactly complimentary of Ash and Proctor. Especially Ash.

Hail Sezer
07-06-20, 05:26 PM

What happened? I missed it

JunctionBlock
07-06-20, 05:34 PM
Mo and Lisone. Wow

gotitans101_
07-06-20, 05:37 PM
Bad miss by Mo there

JunctionBlock
07-06-20, 05:43 PM
That’s embarrassing. Get Boyd out there early.

ozynorts
07-06-20, 06:01 PM
12 all, some good signs

JunctionBlock
07-06-20, 06:07 PM
Good challenge. **** call

GCTTSD
07-06-20, 06:11 PM
I like our new right side, cartys actually playing tough for once, hard running and she me strong tackles

Croc
07-06-20, 06:18 PM
Like the look of young, brings good energy, also Clarke at hooker looks good..

Dooldog76
07-06-20, 06:21 PM
What happened? I missed it

Anasta was bagging Proctor. Mal spoke up and said he's not a gamebreaker, her a tradesman. And that the players at the storm made him look better. I just like how he shut anasta up. I think he is a Neanderthal.

- - - Updated - - -

Lisone and mofo have been sensational. Looks like holbrook's axing has woken a few of them up.

JunctionBlock
07-06-20, 06:25 PM
Anasta was bagging Proctor. Mal spoke up and said he's not a gamebreaker, her a tradesman. And that the players at the storm made him look better. I just like how he shut anasta up. I think he is a Neanderthal.

- - - Updated - - -

Lisone and mofo have been sensational. Looks like holbrook's axing has woken a few of them up.

But when he was asked about Ash he said he’s still finding himself, even though he’s 24 then he started giving Fogarty a wrap to bring the old excuse around for Ash that he needs a settler.

Anyway, great to see a contest. Hope we can kick into a higher gear now that the nerves are gone. Wasn’t sure if Cartwright would be a stick in the mud regarding vaccines but he’s shown a level of professionalism I haven’t seen in him. Hope he keeps the effort up.

Did Mo just play the full 40mins?

Dooldog76
07-06-20, 06:27 PM
We have found our hooker if he stays consistent

JunctionBlock
07-06-20, 06:32 PM
That’s ****ed

Dooldog76
07-06-20, 06:46 PM
That was garbage.

gotitans101_
07-06-20, 06:51 PM
Peachey does nothing. Runs across field then makes about 2 cm forward gain. Useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Only took 29 games

JunctionBlock
07-06-20, 07:09 PM
I really want the bulletin headline to be “Titans the real Tiger Kings”

- - - Updated - - -

Ash finally got a grubbed right. Been two years

NZTITAN
07-06-20, 07:24 PM
What a gutsy performance!

JunctionBlock
07-06-20, 07:24 PM
Yeeeesssssssssssss. We ****ing did it. They pulled it off. What a great feeling finally. And next week we might get Thompson and approve again

Dooldog76
07-06-20, 07:25 PM
I forgot what this feeling was like

TitansState
07-06-20, 07:25 PM
Whatever outcome of that performance, I would've still been proud. Amazing effort and just great to see them compete.

GCTTSD
07-06-20, 07:30 PM
Boyd was really crafty at hooker I love the rotation with him and Clark who started well

Mr Bods
07-06-20, 07:31 PM
Scotch!!!!!!
Beautiful Scotch
Beautiful Little City!!!!
Woo Hoo!!!!
The drought is broken
Look out Mrs Bods

willhelm
07-06-20, 07:32 PM
Absolutely stoked!

Standouts for me were Mo (of course), Young, Don, Boyd, Joliffe

Dooldog76
07-06-20, 07:36 PM
YT was a standout. Gee we were solid tonight.

Croc
07-06-20, 07:42 PM
Great win! Young, don, Clarke, Boyd, pretty much all the new inclusions looked great out there! Pretty much everyone looked good! Even peachy didn’t give away a penalty!

Mexican titan
07-06-20, 07:47 PM
The drought is broken
Look out Mrs Bods

I hope it hasn’t been a year for you as well Bods!

Titanic
07-06-20, 07:52 PM
Fewer mistakes, minus the plodders and loved the enthusiasm... Young, Boyd, Clark, Joliffe, Fogarty, MoFo ... stuff it, just liked the team and will bask in it while I can.

Whats Doing
07-06-20, 07:54 PM
Well done Holbrook. So pleased for you and your bold decisions

Mr Bods
07-06-20, 07:56 PM
I hope it hasn’t been a year for you as well Bods!

Ha Ha No Comment :banana:

- - - Updated - - -

Well done Holbrook. So pleased for you and your bold decisions

See what happens when you play blokes who just want to be here rather than blokes who act like they are doing us a favour by playing for us.
Play young ambitious talent that want to be GC Titans.

Ausphin
07-06-20, 08:19 PM
Forgot how good this felt. May have got lucky but thought we deserved that result to twice come back from 2 try deficits.

Besides Tonumaipea being great and Clark/Boyd working really well, I also think Cartwright and Taylor deserve wraps.

If we got tonight's Cartwright every game he would be one of my first forwards picked. Defence was really committed, no arm grabs and multiple times I saw him sprinting up on the final play to put pressure on the kicker.

Also really pleased for Ash. He even said himself in post match interview that the old Ash would have gone into his shell after throwing the intercept so really happy for him to be so instrumental in some of our big plays tonight.

Enjoy this feeling all. Hopefully lot more to come.

indoallstars
07-06-20, 08:33 PM
Guys this is a good night for all of us who have stuck with our team over the years, enjoy the beers, enjoy the takeaway food, savour the moment! Proud of the boys on field, they played like they wanted to be there and didn't hide into their she'll when the going got tough! Hope Holbrook is getting a well deserved sleep.

ozynorts
07-06-20, 08:39 PM
Holbrook has been totally justified and is obviously generating legitimate competition within the squad. Love the effort from everyone. Even better was how Peachey was used. Limited time off the bench, perfect.
The rum is flowing

T0ken
07-06-20, 11:58 PM
Cracked open the vodka bottle to have a victory skol. A long time between drinks

I want to see this team take the field next week with this energy. It’s Souths though but we should be able to exploit them as they are still built around the old rules system.

Sami should train at fullback, kelly to centre and Pearson on the wing. Drop Peachey and complete the rebuild Justin

Mexican titan
08-06-20, 06:46 AM
Hopefully after that win a few blokes and their managers will realise they have no future here and will start looking for an early release, which should also assist us by freeing up cash.
Brisbane need a hooker with experience. We have two available, take your pick.

JunctionBlock
08-06-20, 06:52 AM
Hopefully after that win a few blokes and their managers will realise they have no future here and will start looking for an early release, which should also assist us by freeing up cash.
Brisbane need a hooker with experience. We have two available, take your pick.

Would be great but they would never help us out and I’d only offer Rein as Peats is off contract at the end of the year anyway and I’m not convinced Clarke is a better option over Peats yet.

Titslover
08-06-20, 07:27 AM
How bloody good was Tonomaupeia for someone who hasn’t played a game in 2 years. I still think Kelly should be a centre, and a pairing of Young and Kelly is a lot better than anything we’ve had in recent years. Lisone has been such a good buy for us too, his footwork and mobility suit the new game, and that late pass at the line to Sami was completely unexpected. The most satisfying part is guys who would be on absolutely no money like Young, Lisone, Clark, Fogarty, Tanah, Joliffe were awesome for us, and if they can keep it up suddenly we have so much cap space to fill some spots around them.

Bayside Titan
08-06-20, 08:25 AM
I liked the Clarke / Boyd hooking rotation. I noticed as soon as Clarke was gassed Boyd was on and did a great job and tried to get us on the front foot a few times. To borrow a line from HANGINGON ( The most satisfying part is guys who would be on absolutely no money like Young, Lisone, Clark, Fogarty, Tanah, Joliffe were awesome for us ) I thought that core group were pretty good around for us. Yep a few mistakes but a great job nonetheless less. Throw in Mo, Sami and Hipgrave ( who I like the look of now he is playing in a controlled manner ) its not looking too bad. Holbrook in the SL didn't have a team of Champions but he got the best out of them. Look at Dom Peryoux he left us as a winger that didn't feature and Holbrook turned him into a fair 2nd rower. I think that players are now just clicking onto what Holbrook is preaching so its now just a matter of time that they all sing from the same page.

For mine its pleasing to see Proctors game lift a little and show some more consistency and Dom play well. However my last hat tip goes to Ash Taylor. The old ATAY would have retreated into his head after that intercept pass but he turned his night around to kick that 40/20 to swing momentum back our way. I think the 5/8 position for the moment seems like a nice fit for him.

Mr Bods
08-06-20, 10:39 AM
What’s the name of last nights referee please??

kioli
08-06-20, 10:45 AM
It has been a looooong year, what a win!

DIEHARD
08-06-20, 01:14 PM
I enjoyed every second. We looked willing and dangerous.

Thank you Justin Holbrook for delivering some consequences to our side and he did it on a great scale.

I was delighted with the injection of youth and enthusiasm.

Great to see Ash find himself and not get discouraged early on. I was impressed so many players. I originally wrote half dozen and kept going. I liked what I saw with the new hookers rotation of Clark and Boyd. I liked Mofo and well done to Proctor who really stood up.

I was proud that we came back from a deficient twice and didn't loose heart or the hungry to come back and win it in the end.

I was pretty confident seeing the team morale out there. We really built some brotherhood and team culture out there.

Upthetits
08-06-20, 03:58 PM
Guy from Reddit called ttetron made this video about breaking the drought. Wasn't sure if it deserved it's own thread but it's an awesome video. He done a r e ally good job

https://streamable.com/3uwnsk

Ausphin
08-06-20, 04:22 PM
Guy from Reddit called ttetron made this video about breaking the drought. Wasn't sure if it deserved it's own thread but it's an awesome video. He done a r e ally good job

Great video. Thanks for the link.

Mr Bods
09-06-20, 08:27 AM
I’ll try again and then give up
Who was the referee on Sunday night?

Mexican titan
09-06-20, 09:04 AM
I’ll try again and then give up
Who was the referee on Sunday night?

Only because it's you Bods I went out and rummaged through the recycle bin to find Sunday's paper.
It was Adam Gee.

Mr Bods
09-06-20, 09:21 AM
Only because it's you Bods I went out and rummaged through the recycle bin to find Sunday's paper.
It was Adam Gee.

Cheers MT
Well unlike especially Henry Perenara I thought he refereed without bias and not according to the TAB odds.
Most referees just bludgeon us because we aren’t expected to win and because there’s no blow back in caning us.

There was no ego either in how he went about it.

I hope he gets appointed to more of our games.

DIEHARD
12-06-20, 05:32 PM

Wonderful! I will share this on social media too. I found the embed code to post it here.

These types of videos and the creators should be supported and encouraged. At the end of the day it helps our club and perhaps help recruit new fans. We need a bigger presence online.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/3uwnsk" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>