PDA

View Full Version : Origin 2006: Game II Ticket Information

Queenslander
17-03-06, 04:03 PM
Tickets Limited to Six Each

THE QUEENSLAND Rugby League will reduce the ticket limit to six (6) per customer when general seating for Game II of the Harvey Norman State of Origin goes on sale Monday.

After a review of ticketing operations with agent Ticketek, the QRL has opted to reduce the maximum number of tickets per person for each credit card or cash transaction.

Previously, a customer could book up to 10 tickets per transaction.

With this year?s June 14 showpiece at Suncorp Stadium the only match of the Harvey Norman series played in Queensland for 2006, the QRL wishes to ensure as many fans as possible have access to their desired seating.

?We?ve witnessed a trend emerge in recent seasons in regards to a number of individuals monopolising seating or on-selling tickets mainly through eBay at exorbitant rates,? QRL Managing Director Ross Livermore said.

?We dealt last year with people who cornered 200 seats for themselves and that?s clearly not on.

?Rugby league receives wide support from all areas of Queensland and indeed Australia, and we won?t be seen as condoning any form of inequity in granting public access.

?There may be genuine rugby league fans affected as a result of this six-ticket limit, however it is a position we have been forced to take in the greater interest of all supporters.?

Tickets will be issued by Ticketek only after clearance by the QRL of the purchase transaction.

In accordance with the new limit, anybody caught in breach of the conditions will have their order cancelled automatically.

Tickets to Game II of the Harvey Norman State of Origin series go on sale at 9am sharp on Monday, March 20 from Ticketek outlets, online at www.ticketek.com.au or by phone on 13 28 49.

qld power
17-03-06, 04:05 PM
bribes someone to get him a ticket as he dont have a credit card

Queenslander
17-03-06, 04:18 PM
bribes someone to get him a ticket as he dont have a credit card

I would help you out; but im afraid im not going to this years origin :(

The ticket limit will be rather annoying for many people. For last years games at Lang Park I had to drag my dad along early on the day of release as I had to buy 17 tickets for the first game!

Eel 33
19-03-06, 08:33 AM
I had no trouble in buying 24 for the game in Sydney last year, for a group of that number, front row seats, awesome atmosphere, s****y result though.

Queenslander
20-03-06, 10:24 AM
Tickets are out today!

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=STATEORI06

qld power
20-03-06, 05:18 PM
jsut trying to sort out my ticket at moment where the teams run out ? what areas do i want area 302

HodgoBerro
20-03-06, 06:48 PM
this was at 6:45pm (Monday)

cat 1 licenced Single seats only
cat 2 licenced Single seats only
cat 3 licenced Available
cat 4 unlicenced Single seats only
cat 5 licenced Single seats only
cat 6 unlicenced Available

there is talk that there is only 300 seats left

..::Coops::..
21-03-06, 10:20 AM
jsut trying to sort out my ticket at moment where the teams run out ? what areas do i want area 302

unless you are 1st in line - you have NO chance of getting 302. catergory 1 sells out (except for single seats) within an hour.. your about 8hours too late!

qld power
21-03-06, 12:16 PM
yah dam it all sold out :(

qld power
21-03-06, 05:53 PM
if anyone out there that got a spare tickt in their 6 please let me know lol

Queenslander
21-03-06, 06:00 PM
State of Origin II Ticket Update

As at 6pm Tuesday 21st March

cat 1 licenced: Alloc. Exhausted
cat 2 licenced: Single seats only
cat 3 licenced: Single seats only
cat 4 unlicenced: Single seats only
cat 5 licenced: Single seats only
cat 6 unlicenced: Single seats only

qld power
21-03-06, 06:05 PM
what the not a sell out? must be given wrong info said to mate to get me one in 302 ppl at ticket must have ****ed up lol think he got told all tickets not just in that area sold out

Queenslander
21-03-06, 06:25 PM
what the not a sell out? must be given wrong info said to mate to get me one in 302 ppl at ticket must have ****ed up lol think he got told all tickets not just in that area sold out

Row 302 is apart of "cat 1 licenced" and that area is a sellout. No matter where you sit at Lang Park you will get a good view; so choose the other options :thumbsup:

Attached is a seating map ;)
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11664.gif

qld power
21-03-06, 06:28 PM
yah im going cat 2 as im going alone lol cheers mate think im stayin down in ipswitch to so may look u up if i get a ticket

Queenslander
22-03-06, 04:43 PM
The Queensland Rugby League's clampdown on scalpers means thousands of tickets will be re-released for sale in the near future after a buying frenzy for Origin II in Brisbane on June 14.

QRL managing director Ross Livermore said more than 500 people breached conditions of sale by buying more than six tickets per transaction.

Livermore said people used the same credit card under different names and in some cases travel agents tried to bulk buy tickets meant for sale to the public. "I've got 17 pages of names here and that adds up to about 525 people," he said.

The Courier Mail

qld power
23-03-06, 09:09 AM
good to hear hate them scalpers

Queenslander
23-03-06, 01:36 PM
Ticket update: Thursday 23rd March

cat 2 licenced: Alloc. Exhausted
cat 3 licenced: Alloc. Exhausted
cat 4 unlicenced: Single seats only
cat 5 licenced: Limited seats only
cat 6 unlicenced: Single seats only

Queenslander
23-03-06, 09:00 PM
More Origin Tickets On Sale

THE Queensland Rugby League will be releasing all restricted viewing seats for Game II of the Harvey Norman State of Origin series at Suncorp Stadium at 2pm, Friday, March 24.

These can be obtained from Ticketek outlets, online at www.ticketek.com.au or by phone on 13 28 49.

The maximum limit of six tickets per person and per credit card/cash transaction still applies to these seats.

Any person who has already reached this ticket limit in the first release of general seating last Monday is precluded from purchasing further tickets.

Breaching the conditions of purchase, which are spelt out clearly on the Ticketek website, will result in an order being cancelled automatically.

Tickets will not be available until cleared by the QRL. Up to three weeks should be allowed for this.

Early next week it is proposed to release about 2000 seats that were ordered by persons who breached the conditions of purchase in the release of seats last Monday.

qrl.com.au

Wolfpak
24-03-06, 04:02 PM
yah im going cat 2 as im going alone lol cheers mate think im stayin down in ipswitch to so may look u up if i get a ticket

Hey TBC, I live not far from Ipswich either, so perhaps you, me, and Queenslander should all get together for a drink at some stage while you are here (assuming you are of legal drinking age, of course! If not, we will make it thickshakes or something lol).

qld power
24-03-06, 05:14 PM
lol counts his greys just make it legal 33 but havent managed to get a ticket after all teh sodding trying

qld power
25-03-06, 09:53 AM
how many ppl managed to get actaul tickets would love to know here

Queenslander
26-03-06, 06:23 PM
State of Origin Game II is now classified as a sell out. But there will be another small release of tickets prior to the 14th of June. So dont lose hope if you didnt manage to get any tickets.

Queenslander
27-03-06, 11:17 AM
New observation view tickets have now been released to the public

The new ticket availability is as follows:

cat 2 licenced: Alloc. Exhausted
cat 3 licenced: Alloc. Exhausted
cat 4 unlicenced: Alloc. Exhausted
cat 5 licenced: Alloc. Exhausted
cat 6 unlicenced: Alloc. Exhausted
cat 1 obs view: Available
cat 2 obs view: Available
cat 3 obs view: Available
cat 4 obs view unlic: Alloc. Exhausted
cat 5 obs view: Available
cat 6 obs view unlic: Available

qld power
28-03-06, 04:36 PM
queenslander bud manage to get a ticket any idea where this part of ground is lol area west secton 302-1 row 25 seat 12 cat 1 obs view

Queenslander
28-03-06, 04:40 PM
queenslander bud manage to get a ticket any idea where this part of ground is lol area west secton 302-1 row 25 seat 12 cat 1 obs view

Check below mate ;) So you are in the Western Grandstand...Section number 302, and you are 25 rows from the field :D

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11664.gif

qld power
28-03-06, 04:51 PM
does a jigg lol

Queenslander
31-03-06, 11:30 AM
Second Release of Origin Tickets
from qrl.com.au

TICKETS for Origin Match II that were part of orders cancelled by the QRL following breaches of the six-ticket limit and/or purchase conditions will go on sale through Ticketek outlets, online at www.ticketek.com.au or by phoning 13 28 49 on Monday 3 April at 9.00am.

These tickets are in various quantities and locations throughout the Stadium.

Persons desiring to purchase tickets are reminded of the following conditions that apply:-

? Any person who has already purchased tickets for the match is precluded from making a further purchase.

? A Credit Card that has been used previously for a ticket purchase cannot be used for another purchase.

? A MyTicketek member number used previously for a ticket purchase cannot be used for another purchase.

? A limit of 6 tickets per person applies.

? A Credit Card may be used only once for a ticket purchase.

? Any ticket purchased cannot be on?sold for greater than the face value unless approved by the QRL. There are other conditions associated which are spelt out clearly on the Ticketek website and on the ticket itself.

Breaching the conditions of purchase will result in an order being cancelled automatically.

Tickets will not be available until cleared by the QRL. Up to three weeks should be allowed for this.

And could this thread be moved into the State of Origin Forum, thanks :thumbsup:

Queenslander
28-05-06, 09:45 AM
A LIMITED quantity of tickets for Origin Match II will go on sale through Ticketek outlets, online at www.ticketek.com.au or by phoning 13 28 49 on Monday 29th May at 9.00am.

These tickets are in various quantities and locations throughout Suncorp Stadium for the match to be played Wednesday, 14th June.

Persons desiring to purchase tickets are reminded of the following conditions that apply:

? Any person who has already purchased tickets for the match is precluded from making a further purchase.

? A Credit Card that has been used previously for a ticket purchase cannot be used for another purchase.

? A MyTicketek login/password used previously for a ticket purchase cannot be used for another purchase.

? A limit of 6 tickets per person applies.

? A Credit Card may be used only once for a ticket purchase.

? Any ticket purchased cannot be on?sold for greater than the face value unless approved by the QRL. There are other conditions associated which are spelt out clearly on the Ticketek website and on the ticket itself.

Breaching the conditions of purchase will result in an order being cancelled automatically.

Tickets will not be available until cleared by the QRL.

www.qrl.com.au