PDA

View Full Version : Burleigh Bears 2020.

Bayside Titan
20-12-19, 09:28 AM
The Essential Coffee Burleigh Bears are pleased to announce the signings of Greg Leleisiuao, Jack Stockwell and Jaimen Jolliffe for the 2020 season.

Stockwell is no stranger to the Bears having played a number of games with the club over the last 2 season as part of the Titans and Bears affiliation. He has previously played with the Dragons and Knoights in the NRL.
Leleisiuao (Wentworthville) and Jolliffe (Newtown) were both named in the NSW Cup team of the year with Jolliffe also being part of the Newtown team that defeated Burleigh in the NRL State Championship Final.

The Bears have wound up their off-season training for 2019 and will return to the paddock in early January.
Burleigh will play trials against the Titans (Fri 21 Feb) and Tweed Heads (Sat 29 Feb) before kicking off their title defence against Wynnum Manly on Sun 15 March. All the above games will be at Pizzey Park.

More information at www.burleighbearsrlfc.com.au

Mr Bods
20-12-19, 09:38 AM
Playing a trial against the Titans!!!

Bayside Titan
20-12-19, 09:44 AM
I saw Jolliffe at the training session that I went to. I was really impressed with his fitness and attitude.

mdrew
20-12-19, 10:31 AM
Great find, thanks mate

The Essential Coffee Burleigh Bears are pleased to announce the signings of Greg Leleisiuao, Jack Stockwell and Jaimen Jolliffe for the 2020 season.

Stockwell is no stranger to the Bears having played a number of games with the club over the last 2 season as part of the Titans and Bears affiliation. He has previously played with the Dragons and Knoights in the NRL.
Leleisiuao (Wentworthville) and Jolliffe (Newtown) were both named in the NSW Cup team of the year with Jolliffe also being part of the Newtown team that defeated Burleigh in the NRL State Championship Final.

The Bears have wound up their off-season training for 2019 and will return to the paddock in early January.
Burleigh will play trials against the Titans (Fri 21 Feb) and Tweed Heads (Sat 29 Feb) before kicking off their title defence against Wynnum Manly on Sun 15 March. All the above games will be at Pizzey Park.

More information at www.burleighbearsrlfc.com.au

Bayside Titan
27-12-19, 10:52 PM
Bearly Understandable: Rick Stone Aims To Become Fluent In Titan Talk

Author
Titans.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 27 Dec 2019, 04:47 PM
Share on social media
Share via Facebook
Share via Twiiter
Share via Whats-app
Share via Reddit
Share via Email
They are based only a matter of kilometres apart, but Burleigh coach Rick Stone says ensuring everyone is speaking the same language will be key to the success of the affiliation agreement between the Gold Coast Titans, the Bears and Tweed Seagulls.

Stone, who takes the reins at Burleigh in 2020 in his second stint as Bears coach, says he is looking forward to working closely with the Titans coaching staff to ensure a smooth transition for players who move between the NRL with the Titans, and the Intrust Super Cup with Burleigh.

That is why Stone is keen to nail down the terminology used by Justin Holbrook, Jim Dymock and Jim Lenihan at Titans training, to ensure messages are not being lost in translation between Parkwood and Pizzey Park.

“I think initially it is just to understand how Justin and the boys do things,” Stone said of working with the Titans.

“The terminology to begin with – if we can transfer some terminology and jargon across to the Bears, that will be helpful for anyone coming back, so we will have a look at that.

“Possibly the style of play – whether it is offence or defence, and hopefully there is some good fluid flow about the way we both attack and defend.

“Hopefully the transition is fairly seamless, and the player can come back and be comfortable and not have too many excuses by the time he goes back and plays for a QCup team.”

ja4220
14-02-20, 10:10 AM
For any one interested Burleigh have trial games against Easts Tigers on Saturday now at Pizzey Park (was announced originally as Coomera Cutters but has been moved due to the weather)
Mal Meninga U18’s kick off at 3 pm
Hastings Deerings Colts U20’s at 4.30 pm
Intrust Super Cup at 6 pm

mdrew
14-02-20, 10:29 AM
Prior to those matches the Titans U15 sides will be playing against each other in a round robin format.

If you can get there you can show your support to the young men chasing their dream.

For any one interested Burleigh have trial games against Easts Tigers on Saturday now at Pizzey Park (was announced originally as Coomera Cutters but has been moved due to the weather)
Mal Meninga U18’s kick off at 3 pm
Hastings Deerings Colts U20’s at 4.30 pm
Intrust Super Cup at 6 pm

Bayside Titan
18-02-20, 04:18 PM
TEAM LISTS
Titans Name Strong Squad For Trial Against Burleigh Bears

Author
Titans.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 18 Feb 2020, 05:05 PM
Share on social media
Share via Facebook
Share via Twiiter
Share via Whats-app
Share via Reddit
Share via Email
The Titans will take a mixture of the old and new into their first major trial of the new year against Burleigh Bears at Pizzey Park on Friday night, as the Gold Coast’s preparations for the 2020 NRL season start to heat up.

Fresh from a positive campaign at the NRL Nines in Perth, a glut of established first-grade stars will make their first appearances for the new year against the Bears, alongside a host of rookies looking to impress Head Coach Justin Holbrook before Round 1.

Representative props Jarrod Wallace and Shannon Boyd, Test centre Kallum Watkins and Titans regulars Brian Kelly, Dale Copley and Sam Stone will be on deck to take on the Bears, last year’s Intrust Super Cup premiers.

Jonus Pearson, Greg Leleisiuao, Erin Clark and Darius Farmer will back up from impressive showings at the Nines to continue their push for a spot in the Titans squad to take on the Raiders in the first round of the premiership.

In an exciting look ahead to the future for Titans fans, Tanah Boyd and off-season recruit Toby Sexton will come together in the halves for the first time against the Bears, while Jayden Campbell – the son of Titans legend Preston – will make his first appearance for the Club off an extended interchange bench.

Tickets are available to pre-purchase for the match from Burleigh Leagues Club for $10. Purchase prior to Friday and you will receive a free Burleigh Leagues membership. Tickets will also be available at the gate.

1. Jonus Pearson

2. Dale Copley

3. Kallum Watkins

4. Brian Kelly

5. Greg Leleisiuao

6. Toby Sexton

7. Tanah Boyd

8. Jarrod Wallace

9. Erin Clark

10. Shannon Boyd

11. Sam Stone

12. Kea Pere

13. Darius Farmer

14. Jaimin Joliiffe

15. Jerry Key

16. Tristan Powell

17. Jayden Campbell

18. Treymain Spry

19. Ioane Seiuli

20. Alofi Khan-Pereira

21. Jed Edwards

Sunny86
18-02-20, 07:46 PM
Halves will be interesting and darius at lock

lonegull
18-02-20, 07:51 PM
Who is Jerry Key? That is on the bench

Mr Bods
18-02-20, 08:12 PM
Looking forward to see who Burleigh names as it’s side

Sunny86
19-02-20, 04:44 AM
Anyone know if the game will be streamed on Facebook or anywhere?

Titanic
19-02-20, 01:26 PM
Every preseason game for every club streamed and listed here: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/25/2020-nrl-trial-dates-sharks-and-bulldogs-to-play-in-port-moresby/

Bayside Titan
19-02-20, 01:29 PM
Who is Jerry Key? That is on the bench

Train and Trailist I believe....from NSW and played Cup as well for Capras if its one and the same...

ja4220
19-02-20, 06:07 PM
Hopefully this works.

If not https://www.burleighbearsrlfc.com.au/2020/02/19/bears-v-titans-team-list-tuesday/

Mr Bods
19-02-20, 06:09 PM
Wow!!! Burleigh have a strong team again. Wouldn’t surprise me if they win this trial.

ja4220
19-02-20, 06:43 PM
Wow!!! Burleigh have a strong team again. Wouldn’t surprise me if they win this trial.

Then we can go on to roll Seagulls at next weeks Trial ;)

Mr Bods
19-02-20, 06:48 PM
Then we can go on to roll Seagulls at next weeks Trial ;)

I go for the Gulls JA
My roots are in the Tweed

ja4220
19-02-20, 08:01 PM
I go for the Gulls JA
My roots are in the Tweed
I know, hence the comment. Burleigh Boy through and through here haha

Mr Bods
19-02-20, 08:05 PM
I know, hence the comment. Burleigh Boy through and through here haha

Oh awesome....thanks for noticing JA. Good to know someone pays attention to what I write.
Happy to have a healthy rivalry with you on the QCup.

Sunny86
29-02-20, 04:59 PM
Anyone at the trials

ALX25
15-03-20, 12:41 PM
Fogarty already on fire. If only an NRL half would take the line on?

ja4220
15-03-20, 02:47 PM
Fogarty already on fire. If only an NRL half would take the line on?

He had a blinder!

lonegull
15-03-20, 07:28 PM
Hopefully Holbrook was watching the game

Hail Sezer
16-03-20, 09:21 AM
If we can offload some top 30 deadwood sooner, Jamal should get promoted. Brilliant first game for him and great for him to build some confidence.

GL with 150 odd metres and 14 tackle breaks as well

Titanic
16-03-20, 04:51 PM
If we can offload some top 30 deadwood sooner, Jamal should get promoted. Brilliant first game for him and great for him to build some confidence.

GL with 150 odd metres and 14 tackle breaks as wellI think this year there will be changes sooner rather than the Neil Henry/Garth Brennan "later" model.

ja4220
17-03-20, 08:40 PM
QRL have suspended all state comps at least until June.
https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2020/03/17/qrl-coronavirus-updates/