DIEHARD
26-10-19, 09:24 PM
http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/30.2.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHy-jM-U4AA1iHY?format=jpg&name=900x900

DIEHARD
26-10-19, 09:33 PM
Blockbuster NRL round one fixtures revealed for 2020
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/

The NRL will host four potential sellouts in a spectacular opening to the 2020 season.

A copy of the first round draw, leaked to The Sunday Telegraph, features huge afternoon games over the weekend in Sydney rather than the unpopular Thursday and Friday night timeslots.

The full house signs could go up at four venues:

# The Parramatta Eels hosting the Canterbury Bulldogs at Bankwest Stadium.

# The Cowboys playing the Broncos at the magnificent new stadium in Townsville.

# Brookvale Oval to host the Manly Sea Eagles against their arch-rivals Melbourne Storm on a Sunday afternoon.

# And the Penrith Panthers at home to premiers the Sydney Roosters on a Saturday night.

It is a huge match against the best team in the competition for Ivan Cleary and his Panthers who desperately need a strong start to the season to build confidence in the playing group.

The full draw will be released on Tuesday with the first round of the competition kicking off on Thursday night, March 12.

The Battle of Brookvale will headline the opening round. Picture: Brendon Thorne
The Battle of Brookvale will headline the opening round. Picture: Brendon Thorne

Ads by Kiosked
The timeslot no one wants — 6pm on a Friday evening — has gone to grand finalists the Canberra Raiders in what will be a tough sell against wooden spooners the Gold Coast Titans and their new coach Justin Holbrook.

Still, the excitement the green machine generated throughout the finals series will ensure a solid turn out in the national capital.

Manly’s home game against Storm on a Sunday afternoon at a suburban ground will be as good as it gets. Only the Roosters, Rabbitohs rivalry is more bitter than the Sea Eagles and Melbourne.

After a disastrous 2019 campaign, St George-Illawarra and embattled coach Paul McGregor launch their recovery season in Wollongong against the Wests Tigers on Sunday evening.

Like the Panthers, they are absolutely desperate for early success.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are at home at ANZ Stadium on the Saturday evening against the Cronulla Sharks in what should be one of the closest games.

The NRL crowds were down this year about two per cent on 2018.

More strategies have been put in place in this year’s schedule for big games to be played in family friendly timeslots rather than on school nights.

ROUND ONE 2020
Thursday, March 12

Eels v Bulldogs, Bankwest Stadium (Nine/Fox League), 8.05pm (all Sydney times)

Friday, March 13

Raiders v Titans, GIO Stadium (Fox League), 6.00pm

Cowboys v Broncos, Townsville Stadium (Nine/Fox League), 8.05pm

Saturday, March 14

Knights v Warriors, McDonald Jones Stadium (Fox League), 3.00pm

Rabbitohs v Sharks, ANZ Stadium (Fox League), 5.30pm

Panthers v Roosters, Panthers Stadium (Fox League), 7.35pm

Sunday, March 15

Sea Eagles v Storm, Lottoland (Nine/Fox League), 4.05pm

Dragons v Tigers, WIN Stadium (Fox League), 6.15pm

Croc
26-10-19, 10:49 PM
Wonder how many free to air games we will get

Mexican titan
29-10-19, 12:08 PM
Wonder how many free to air games we will get

To answer your question it is two on FTA, one during a split Origin round.

The home games splits are Thursday night x 1, Friday 6pm x 2, Sunday arvo x 4 (one is a Magic Round game v Panthers), Saturday either 3pm or 5.30pm x 5.

We have three away games in a row between rounds 4-6 and these are Roosters, Storm and Manly. Ouch.

Overall a family friendly draw with most games in the day or 6pm starts.

Titanic
29-10-19, 02:42 PM
Don’t mind it and better than we deserve I feel.

Titslover
29-10-19, 03:51 PM
Our first 6 games are all against top 8 sides, and 3 in a row away against Roosters, Storm, Melbourne. Would be genuinely shocked if we make it out of the first 6 with a win. And then team morale is going to be ruined by then, cheers NRL

JunctionBlock
29-10-19, 05:13 PM
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/titans/nrl-draw-gold-coast-titans-2020-games-times-venues-ladder/news-story/b2a0ebcc3a4ff3a125dfebee73bbed22?fbclid=IwAR11AdAh C1gmLIReT4Q_eaZWmx_kzFsmA5vuk5x6F2GmN4qztadqAQP01-w

We're in trouble....

Croc
29-10-19, 05:23 PM
Yeh tough start but ya never know, Holbrook might have some fairy dust and we may be a different team! Can only hope!

Mr Bods
29-10-19, 05:36 PM
Beat Canberra in Round 1 in Canberra and we are well on our way to turning our club around

Mexican titan
29-10-19, 06:07 PM
Beat Canberra in Round 1 in Canberra and we are well on our way to turning our club around

Even Meno wouldn't think we are a chance in that. Well, he probably does but we are no hope down there.

Upthetits
29-10-19, 07:27 PM
Good chance to catch the good teams off guard, hopefully theyre abit rusty and we out enthuse them

gcboyz
29-10-19, 11:36 PM
Gee all 24 games next year we have to play teams who finished above us this year.

Titanitis
29-10-19, 11:43 PM
I feel like welcoming the Friday 6pm games 'family friendly time-slot' is a bit of a politicians response. If it was actually a desirable slot in terms of ratings and attendance, lets be honest, they wouldn't be giving them to us. The problem with a draw full of likely top of the table teams is less whether you can win them or not, but more that you can't take points away from the teams likely to be in spots 6-10 on the ladder. So even if you can cause an upset or two it is still an uphill battle. That being said, I will maintain the cautious optimism I carry into every season, especially if we can make an off-season pickup or two.

Long time lurker on this forum, it seemed the most appropriate place to share my slightly bias opinion on the matter.

Whats Doing
30-10-19, 02:25 AM
Best time to play the top teams is around origin and the beginning of the year. So not too bad.

Bloody Drongoes get 12 home games again.

The NEL keeps giving them a leg up and I cannot understand why the other clubs don’t complain.

Why the away team against the Broncos is allocated as the home team in the magic round at Suncorp just baffles me and the Drongoes must be laughing their heads off at the buffoons at the NRL

DIEHARD
30-10-19, 02:27 AM
Gee all 24 games next year we have to play teams who finished above us this year.

I laughed out loud.

DIEHARD
30-10-19, 02:30 AM
I feel like welcoming the Friday 6pm games 'family friendly time-slot' is a bit of a politicians response.

Long time lurker on this forum, it seemed the most appropriate place to share my slightly bias opinion on the matter.

:laugh: Welcome to the forum champion. Thanks for making your first post.

Titanic
30-10-19, 02:33 AM
Welcome ‘Itis nice to have you around.

DIEHARD
30-10-19, 02:35 AM
Cbus Super Stadium to feast on big-time footy
https://www.titans.com.au/

Titans Members and fans will feast on a smorgasbord of big-time footy at Cbus Super Stadium in 2020, with a host of the NRL’s biggest teams locked in to visit the Gold Coast to take on the Titans.

The NRL Premiership draw for 2020 has finally been released, and the Titans will get an early test of their premiership mettle with assignments against six of last year’s top-eight teams – including the two grand finalists – to open the season.

While it will be baptism of fire for new coach Justin Holbrook as he takes control of the Titans, Gold Coast Members and season-ticket holders will be delighted with the number of high-calibre matches on the menu at Cbus Super Stadium this season.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs will make an overdue return to the Gold Coast in 2018, as will last year’s giant-killers the Canberra Raiders and Manly Sea Eagles.

The Titans’ traditional rivalry clashes against the Brisbane Broncos and North Queensland Cowboys are also locked in, as is a home assignment against the Melbourne Storm, which could be the last time we see Storm skipper and league legend Cameron Smith playing on the Gold Coast.

The premiership season gets underway with an away assignment against the Raiders at GIO Stadium in Canberra on Friday 13 March.

The Titans then return home to take on another of 2019’s surprise packets, the Parramatta Eels, on Sunday 22 March.

In Round 3, the Broncos roll into town for the first of the Queensland derbies, taking on the Titans on Sunday 29 March.

After an extended stint on the road, the Titans will return home in Round 7 to take on the Wests Tigers in Cbus Super Stadium’s first taste of Friday night footy for the year on 24 April.

In Round 8, the Titans play at “home” away from home, as all 16 NRL clubs head to Brisbane for Magic Round at Suncorp Stadium.

After playing in the very first Magic Round match in 2019 against the Sharks, the Titans will be the curtain-call for the 2020 version, taking on the Panthers in the final game of the weekend on Sunday 3 May.

The Warriors always draw one of the crowds of the year when they play at Cbus Super Stadium, and the boys from across the ditch will this year arrive in Round 10 to meet the Titans on Saturday 16 May.

In Round 12, the Bulldogs will be looking to repeat their upset win of 2019 when they take on the Titans at Cbus Stadium on Thursday 28 May.

The second of the Queensland derbies arrives in Round 14 when the Titans host the Cowboys on Friday 12 June.

Away matches, the bye and representative season mean it will then be almost a month before the Titans play at Cbus Stadium again – but it will be worth the wait as Smith and Craig Bellamy bring the Storm to town on Saturday 11 July.

Titans fans will then savour back-to-back blockbusters at Cbus Stadium, with games against traditional giants the Dragons (Round 20, Saturday 1 August) and Wayne Bennett’s Rabbitohs (Round 21, Saturday 8 August).

The Titans will then be back on the road before returning home for the final two games of the season – against Canberra (Round 24, Sunday 30 August) and Manly (Round 25, Saturday 5 September) rounding out the year and hopefully acting as a final warm-up before the semi-finals.

Titans Memberships for the 2020 season are now on sale, so don’t miss out on securing your seat for a brilliant season of rugby league at Cbus Super Stadium.

DIEHARD
30-10-19, 02:36 AM
2020 Titans Draw

http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/30.2.jpg

Upthetits
30-10-19, 09:04 AM
The sunday 5.15pm timeslots are a killer

Bayside Titan
30-10-19, 09:49 AM
I’ll probably go against a lot of people’s thoughts on the NRL draw for the @GCTitans. I believe that it will put a microscope on the players to see if their attitude has changed from last year and we are really going to challenge the top 8 it doesn’t matter who we play.

shamus
30-10-19, 05:17 PM
5 games in the Arvo. Guess I will pay out more and move over to the western side. Think I might take MT’s seats

Mr Bods
30-10-19, 05:21 PM
Shamus could you please replace the half a dozen blokes in their early 20s in the row behind me that spend the game dropping C and F bombs in the presence of my wife

Mexican titan
30-10-19, 05:24 PM
5 games in the Arvo. Guess I will pay out more and move over to the western side. Think I might take MT’s seats

Lol. There are plenty available around where we were, but mine are padded and have had only one owner!

Menoitios
30-10-19, 05:31 PM
Even Meno wouldn't think we are a chance in that. Well, he probably does but we are no hope down there.

We're always a chance, MT.

Always! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

*Like* :thumbsup:

Titanic
30-10-19, 06:43 PM
Stop it you blokes, the mutual admiration and camaraderie is making me sick :fight: :laugh:

Mexican titan
30-10-19, 08:34 PM
Stop it you blokes, the mutual admiration and camaraderie is making me sick :fight: :laugh:

It's ok Titanic, I think we've all realised that we only have each other. We can't say in public that we follow the Titans otherwise we'll be ridiculed, or bashed. So we just keep it quiet and come on here for support.

DIEHARD
31-10-19, 12:56 PM
Shamus could you please replace the half a dozen blokes in their early 20s in the row behind me that spend the game dropping C and F bombs in the presence of my wife

That's disgraceful. It's ok for people to enjoy their footy and I can forgive a lot. But when it's littering their loud conversations, just go home and watch it in your lounge room. Consider reporting them. I think there is an anonymous seat assist text number.

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. Brought my wife to the footy and had to hear a heap of that and I said something about it in firm but diplomatic terms. Thanks to the few people who come on here who backed me up.

DIEHARD
31-10-19, 01:01 PM
It's ok Titanic, I think we've all realised that we only have each other. We can't say in public that we follow the Titans otherwise we'll be ridiculed, or bashed. So we just keep it quiet and come on here for support.

That's the honest truth. We are in underground resistance mode. But I believe we have the ingredients to become the club we think we can be. Thankfully we have learnt to cut some of the negatives out and we still need to learn how to manage our roster and stop paying overs. But the fundamental ingredients are still there including a rich juniors area, a lovely stadium and according to many surveys a destination many players would be willing to sign to as well as representative pathways (further helped with having Mal on board).

Menoitios
31-10-19, 01:19 PM

Actually...I'm a little different. I proudly announce to all that I'm Titans through and through.

I find that supporters of other sides that try to rubbish the team to me are never able to keep up with the return serves I give them. It's all good fun...but they usually give up quickly, and I go on my merry way. lol

I've even managed to turn quite a few our way. Not all the way...but they start to sympathise with our losses/woes...celebrate our wins and some have adopted us as their second team.

With a good year next year...I reckon I'll get a few to cross over into the light that is, the Titans!

(Well...that's the plan. :p )

Mr Bods
31-10-19, 02:17 PM
That's disgraceful. It's ok for people to enjoy their footy and I can forgive a lot. But when it's littering their loud conversations, just go home and watch it in your lounge room. Consider reporting them. I think there is an anonymous seat assist text number.

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. Brought my wife to the footy and had to hear a heap of that and I said something about it in firm but diplomatic terms. Thanks to the few people who come on here who backed me up.

Yeh it’s sucks you pay a tonne of money to be a titanium member and if you are unlucky enough to have poorly behaved members around you then you are stuck. I’ll probably make a slight change to where I sit when the change seats window occurs.

DIEHARD
31-10-19, 04:09 PM
Yeh it’s sucks you pay a tonne of money to be a titanium member and if you are unlucky enough to have poorly behaved members around you then you are stuck. I’ll probably make a slight change to where I sit when the change seats window occurs.

Members should know better. It's common sense and shouldn't need to be spelled out. But it has been...

The Gold Coast Titans believe that everyone has the right to enjoy all games and events in a safe and supportive environment. This extends to Members, supporters, players, volunteers, staff and opposition fans and players. Please ensure you are familiar with this code of conduct, as failure to comply can result in your Membership being cancelled.

I will respect the importance and pride in the Gold Coast Titans brand and Club, and ensure all our actions as Titans supporters are commensurate of the Titans culture and brand.
I will passionately cheer on the Titans and acknowledge the efforts of the Titans players and staff – win, lose or draw.
I will display good sportsmanship in victory and defeat.
I will respect every person we encounter at Titans games and events regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, team, ethnic origin and beliefs.
I will respect all decisions made by the Club, even if I may disagree with them at times. :laugh::nonono:
I will engage in friendly rivalry with opposition fans, but not taunt them or display bad sportsmanship.
I will respect and abide by the Conditions of Entry of our home ground and all Conditions of Entry that apply at grounds in which the Titans play away.
I will not react aggressively to any taunts, jibes or abuse by opposition supporters.
I will not engage in or encourage the use of any threat, abuse or violence of any opposition supporters, players, officials, media, mascots, venue staff, other spectators and the general public.
I will not behave in ways that may cause embarrassment to the Titans Club or inhibit others from enjoying the viewing of a rugby league game, whether at home or away.
I will not consume alcohol in excessive amounts which may impact on another’s enjoyment of the game (or a Club event) in a family-friendly environment.
I will work with the Titans Club and stadium security/staff to ensure that this Code of Conduct or any Conditions of Entry to the ground is followed and enforced at Titans home and away games, including at Titans functions.
I will not tolerate any breach of the Code of Conduct by Titans Members, their guests or those who attend Titans games and support the Club in enforcing the Code of Conduct and/or cancelling individual memberships.

The following behaviour will not be tolerated:

Participation in any foul, abusive, offensive, racial or discriminatory language, harassment or actions.
Fighting or otherwise violent, abusive, threatening or profane behaviour of any kind.
Provoking or deliberately inciting others.
Excessive alcohol consumption.
Vandalism and other destruction of property.
Wearing or displaying obscene or discriminatory messages.
Any interference with the progress of the game, field invasions, or the throwing of any objects onto the field or towards others.
Any other major breaches of the Conditions of Entry that apply at Cbus Super Stadium or away grounds.

https://am.ticketmaster.com/goldcoasttitans/Titans-Members-Code-of-Conduct#/

DIEHARD
31-10-19, 05:21 PM
The first thing I looked for was two games against the Broncos and Cowboys. I still can't believe there was a year (or more) when this didn't happen.

When I look at the home draw, I see a lot of great games against well supporters opposition. When we return to being a winning football club, the crowds will come back.

PARRA
BRONCOS
WESTS TIGERS
PANTHERS (MAGIC)
WARRIORS
BULLDOGS
COWBOYS
STORM
DRAGONS
SOUTHS
RAIDERS
MANLY

Mr Bods
31-10-19, 06:25 PM
Wow DH I’ve never seen that code of conduct before

Mexican titan
31-10-19, 07:08 PM
Wow DH I’ve never seen that code of conduct before

I'm just wondering how current it is as it has a Ticketmaster reference at the bottom. Ticketmaster have nothing to do with the Titans these days and haven't for years.

DIEHARD
01-11-19, 04:33 PM
I'm just wondering how current it is as it has a Ticketmaster reference at the bottom. Ticketmaster have nothing to do with the Titans these days and haven't for years.

I got it from the Membership portal when renewing.

After clicking Membership on the main page. https://am.ticketmaster.com/goldcoasttitans/#/