View Full Version : Titans V Newcastle

mdrew
27-08-19, 03:33 PM
What do people think?

Mr Bods
27-08-19, 03:56 PM
Matthews!!!!! Nooooooooo
Jacks!!!!! Noooooooooo
Arthurs!!!!!! Nooooooooo (because he’s a friggin Drongoe)
AJ on the bench!!!! Nooooooooooo (play Gordon Wing and Arthurs at Prop for Burleigh for 80mins)

Titslover
27-08-19, 05:39 PM
It's really strange that they've been playing Arthars lately, but maybe theres a small chance he is actually staying? I checked and the Broncos, NRL.com, and us have never confirmed the signing, there was just the one article from Fox Sports. It seemed legit at the time because he got dropped that week but it's pretty strange that it still hasn't been confirmed, and that we've started playing him again.

JunctionBlock
27-08-19, 05:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/YMPizj6.png

Mr Bods
27-08-19, 05:56 PM
I’m thankful that Reins was suspended so that horrible arrangement of Peats at Lock isn’t happening again this week

BundyTitan
27-08-19, 06:06 PM
It's really strange that they've been playing Arthars lately, but maybe theres a small chance he is actually staying? I checked and the Broncos, NRL.com, and us have never confirmed the signing, there was just the one article from Fox Sports. It seemed legit at the time because he got dropped that week but it's pretty strange that it still hasn't been confirmed, and that we've started playing him again.

Good point and I didn't realise that it actually hasn't been announced by either club. The deal may have fallen through with Brisbane or they are simply waiting until the end of the year. Seems weird like you said that we are playing him over guys like Don and Spry who are here next year.

Someone will have to ask him if they see him at a game

- - - Updated - - -

I’m thankful that Reins was suspended so that horrible arrangement of Peats at Lock isn’t happening again this week

Agreed, Arrow is our 13 for as long as he wants to be. The only thing I wish Jai would have is a bit of ball playing in him. Guys like JTurbo, Murray and even Taumalolo has developed it have a passing game rather than just being another run it up prop

Titanic
27-08-19, 06:20 PM
Arrow showed some skills early on then had them coached out of him.

JunctionBlock
27-08-19, 06:26 PM
Arthars is definitely gone guys. He has been coached by Seibold before and they have mutual respect for each other. Chance of playing FB at the Broncos too.

NZFan
28-08-19, 07:47 AM
Agreed, Arrow is our 13 for as long as he wants to be. The only thing I wish Jai would have is a bit of ball playing in him. Guys like JTurbo, Murray and even Taumalolo has developed it have a passing game rather than just being another run it up prop

He's begun to offload more and more which is great, apart from the fact that our hookers are never prepared for it and the ball just goes to ground.

Mr Bods
28-08-19, 08:01 AM
He's begun to offload more and more which is great, apart from the fact that our hookers are never prepared for it and the ball just goes to ground.

Oh yeah how many times did a player of ours offload the ball last weekend and their teammates weren’t paying attention
We are amateurs

willhelm
28-08-19, 08:04 AM
Oh yeah how many times did a player of ours offload the ball last weekend and their teammates weren’t paying attention
We are amateurs

That's something that AJ is really poor at. All the top fullbacks are constantly sniffing around the ruck looking for some scattered defenders/markers to exploit. I rarely see AJ do it, but it could be an issue of coaching.

NZFan
28-08-19, 08:14 AM
We are amateurs

That is one of the many reasons why I just don't see Rein getting any better. It should be instinctual as a hooker that if you see a offload you grab it and run. Peats is slightly better in the sense that he is ready for the offload but always looks to pass instead of pushing up through the advantage line and getting a quick play of the ball. I put a lot of it down to Brennan over coaching them and trying to play a side to side style through our halves but something has got to change there.

Also on Roberts, he would be the first player I got rid of. I wouldn't even think twice about it.

- - - Updated - - -

That's something that AJ is really poor at. All the top fullbacks are constantly sniffing around the ruck looking for some scattered defenders/markers to exploit. I rarely see AJ do it, but it could be an issue of coaching.

Again I put that down to coaching and Brennan playing his fullback out the back. He can't be everywhere but hopefully Holbrook can install that into his game. Gordon actually used to be really good at before here so hopefully between them they can coach it into AJ. It is where he would be most dangerous

T0ken
28-08-19, 09:42 AM
Hearing whispers Tanah in for jacks or peachey. Not sure who I’d rather take a seat out of the side tbh. Probably jacks because he offers so little

GCTTSD
28-08-19, 09:54 AM
Hopefully jacks, he offers absolutely nothing and it gives a good chance to see tanahs game management skills

Titanic
28-08-19, 01:54 PM
Tanah and Peachey is worth a try.

mdrew
28-08-19, 02:04 PM
Tannah won’t let anyone done, and will certainly have a real go and not go into his shell.

Mr Bods
28-08-19, 05:19 PM
Tannah won’t let anyone done, and will certainly have a real go and not go into his shell.

Does it worry you he’s not a starting player for BURLEIGH?

Titanic
28-08-19, 05:24 PM
Does it worry you he’s not a starting player for BURLEIGH?Sounds to me like maintaining squad dynamics with the mid-season inclusion of a new player.

Hail Sezer
28-08-19, 05:30 PM
Does it worry you he’s not a starting player for BURLEIGH?

I think he’s a fair way off from what I have seen of him over the past 12 months

Mr Bods
28-08-19, 05:33 PM
I think he’s a fair way off from what I have seen of him over the past 12 months

Love yous all but this is the opinion I value the most.
I hope they hold off blooding him.

With the Brown departure, the heat on the Newcastle squad AND “old boys day” this fixture will be no place for the faint hearted.
Newcastle will be very motivated and it wouldn’t surprise me to see some fireworks.

Titanic
28-08-19, 05:47 PM
it wouldn’t surprise me to see some fireworks.And sadly, I'm very interested in what makes you think that our powderpuff pack can produce fireworks.

Mr Bods
28-08-19, 05:51 PM
And sadly, I'm very interested in what makes you think that our powderpuff pack can produce fireworks.

Ha ha Titanic I’m not saying that at all.
Hence why I think this is not the fixture for Tanah’s debut.
The fireworks will come from the opposing jersey.

Titanic
28-08-19, 11:49 PM
Yep I get it Bodsie, I’m just over this season and lashing out in frustration.

DIEHARD
30-08-19, 04:00 PM
http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/IMG_1195-1.jpg

http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/IMG_1196.jpg

http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/IMG_1197.jpg

gotitans101_
30-08-19, 09:52 PM

then why did we sign him?

Boonarga
31-08-19, 06:40 AM
Boyd is on the bench. Not sure who is out.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=898814487160873

lonegull
31-08-19, 06:52 AM
Boyd is on the bench. Not sure who is out.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=898814487160873

Mathews is out

BundyTitan
31-08-19, 07:01 AM
Well done Tanah and welcome to the Titans family. Will be interesting to see how he goes and hopefully the boys rip in for him.

Feeling very nervous for this one. On one hand it's our best chance at winning in weeks, but I fear Newy will respond to the criticism of their leadership and culture and especially in front of all their legends on Old Boys day.

Mr Bods
31-08-19, 07:25 AM
We have both Brimson and Boyd on the bench

BundyTitan
31-08-19, 07:54 AM
We have both Brimson and Boyd on the bench

And Carty as well. Seems very strange and I guess the forwards will all be playing massive minutes today

GCTTSD
31-08-19, 08:49 AM
Id be starting Tanah and pushing Peachey to lock and Mo or Wallace to bench for arrow, gotta give Tanah time to ease his way into first grade you don't want him sitting on the bench and the coaches struggling to find the right time to out him in, especially if Knights play good and blow us off the park

Mr Bods
31-08-19, 09:25 AM
The balance as things stand now is completely wrong
Having said that the balance is irrelevant if all 17 players are United Brothers all having a crack

Titanic
31-08-19, 09:33 AM
Bodsie at his delusional best ... just kidding mate but I have more belief that Trump will commit harakiri than our band of bludgers raising a sweat.

Mr Bods
31-08-19, 10:34 AM
Bodsie at his delusional best ... just kidding mate but I have more belief that Trump will commit harakiri than our band of bludgers raising a sweat.

I always thought we were on similar wavelengths Titanic actually.
What I’m saying here is if we had 17 committed brothers for 80mins week in and week out it wouldn’t matter too much how strong or weak our roster was because we’d be respectable but our squad isn’t capable mentally/physically to pull out a good 80mins of that and hence we/they are a laughing stock and irrelevant.

Hail Sezer
31-08-19, 11:32 AM
then why did we sign him?

He’s a baby in the scheme of things..the club doesn’t sign every player with the intention of them being first grade ready the next week. Same goes for Darius, Kea, Ioane, Treymain & formerly Jax Paulo as well. Pretty straightforward and regular recruitment strategy to sign players with credentials to develop into first graders. Better to have them signed once they are ready than to not?

Mr Bods
31-08-19, 11:36 AM
Anyone going to be at the game?

Croc
31-08-19, 12:27 PM
Awesome to see boyd get his start.. love seeing young players on debut! Hopefully see spry out there sometime soon too

NZFan
31-08-19, 12:38 PM
He’s a baby in the scheme of things..the club doesn’t sign every player with the intention of them being first grade ready the next week. Same goes for Darius, Kea, Ioane, Treymain & formerly Jax Paulo as well. Pretty straightforward and regular recruitment strategy to sign players with credentials to develop into first graders. Better to have them signed once they are ready than to not?

Does anybody know whether Farmer's new deal was a development or top 30 contract? Also how has Pere been tracking? By all accounts Ioane seems to have found his place in the second row.

JunctionBlock
31-08-19, 02:13 PM
Missed the first points. Hopefully get a replay.

lonegull
31-08-19, 02:14 PM
Jacks and defensive reads oh my goodness

DIEHARD
31-08-19, 02:17 PM
Just tuned in immediately to see that Knights try.

Sad to see Knights crowds plummet especially after they were going quite well a year ago.

Looks like it’s raining too.

Let’s go Titans.

lonegull
31-08-19, 02:18 PM
Jacks and defensive reads oh my goodness

And his kicking is just as bad

gotitans101_
31-08-19, 02:24 PM
Surely Tannah Boyd can't be any worse than Jacks? He is horrible. Has no idea how to build pressure and his defensive reads are garbage.

NZFan
31-08-19, 02:24 PM
And his kicking is just as bad

That Melbourne system made him look a lot better than he actually is.

gotitans101_
31-08-19, 02:30 PM
anyone else really liking Sami lately? Plays with a lot of heart.

Dooldog76
31-08-19, 02:30 PM
Having said that there are two halves. Where's peachy?

NZFan
31-08-19, 02:34 PM
I'd much rather see Boyd to half and Peachey to the middle than Boyd to hooker and Peats to the middle (which is what we'll see)

Whats Doing
31-08-19, 02:36 PM
I don’t care how good Kelly is in attack but his defensive awareness all season has been atrocious and he is again shown up today with 2 tries down his side.

gotitans101_
31-08-19, 02:37 PM
I'm sick of this. Why does Peachey get a gig every ****ing week? Hook him. He isn't playing for us.

DIEHARD
Ffs. That sums up our club. Looked promised then length of the field intercept. Well actually we just passed it to the Knights player.

lonegull
Lol Watkins another terrible signing

JunctionBlock
31-08-19, 02:38 PM
Peachey for the loss as always. Can't wait to see him line up for us next year. Shout out to Watkins too. Administrative brilliance.

That'll do me.

DIEHARD
31-08-19, 02:38 PM
As a club we belong in the NRL

As a team, no way.

gotitans101_
31-08-19, 02:39 PM
Who is in charge of our recruitment anyway? Who the hell would have 'scouted' Watkins in the Super League and thought to bring him here? From everything I'd read from people who watch the Super League, they were laughing when they heard we signed him because of how average he is. The same can be said for Sam Stone.

Whats Doing
31-08-19, 02:43 PM
I said weeks ago that Watkins was rubbish. Well he fits well in our team which are garbage

lonegull
31-08-19, 02:43 PM
Men playing kids lol what a shambles how can half of these blokes call themselves footy players they shouldn’t be paid as they are a deadset joke

Boonarga
31-08-19, 02:46 PM
1 minute to go in the first half and have just made our second replacement. It's not just the players who are rubbish.

lonegull
31-08-19, 02:48 PM
Once again the bench rotation what is Hodges thinking, deadset has this bloke got a clue

- - - Updated - - -

1 minute to go in the first half and have just made our second replacement. It's not just the players who are rubbish.

Yep not wrong, Great move lol they make an interchange a minute from half time

NZFan
31-08-19, 02:49 PM
We are noticeably weaker than every team we play and I read somewhere the other day that we are actually the slowest team in the competition too (based on pre season time trials). Add to this, many of our players seem to have very little natural skill as well (Ie. Peats, Watkins, Stone, Whitbread, Jacks). "Hard work" only gets you so far, we physically cannot compete against other teams.

Well said DH.

Mr Bods
31-08-19, 02:49 PM
Only two things are conspiring against us
1-as per usual the referees especially Badger not giving us a fair go
2-these blokes who don’t respect the club, city and fans lack determination and resilience

Croc
31-08-19, 02:50 PM
This is horrible, Watkins effort was worse then cartys last year! He looks weak when he hits the line, can’t tackle! Bloody horrible signing.. all I’m watching it for now is to see Boyd play.. get him on will ya

TitansState
31-08-19, 02:54 PM
We are noticeably weaker than every team we play and I read somewhere the other day that we are actually the slowest team in the competition too (based on pre season time trials). Add to this, many of our players seem to have very little natural skill as well (Ie. Peats, Watkins, Stone, Whitbread, Jacks). "Hard work" only gets you so far, we physically cannot compete against other teams.

One of the main reasons why I liked Hurrell was because he'd carry our sets with a single run. Right now Mo is that guy. Wallace, our second rowers and our bench go nowhere. Adding to that, we're playing with halves who can't kick and a hooker who can't pass. Name a better duo.

Boonarga
31-08-19, 02:56 PM
Just watched the replay of Peachey handing it to the knights to score. That looked VERY suss. Zero effort and enthusiasm.

C-Whiz
31-08-19, 02:57 PM
We've got absolutely no idea, but playing for 18 motnhs without any form of NRL level coaching will probably do that.

Last play, Pearce protecting Ponga, should have at least ran into Pearce and friggin' smashed him hard with the intention of him not coming back, and then taken the 2 points right in front from the obstruction. We have NFI how to win anymore.

edit**** Actually, we don't even know how to compete.

lonegull
31-08-19, 02:57 PM
Well said titanstate hit the nail on the head especially with the halves that can’t kick and a hooker that can’t pass

Mexican titan
31-08-19, 03:03 PM
My last game as an inaugural member next week. I was going to commit to a 4 game basic membership next year but can't see that happening now. This lot of players don't deserve 1 dollar of our money.

lonegull
31-08-19, 03:07 PM
Wow Callum Watkins terrible

gotitans101_
31-08-19, 03:07 PM
So again I ask, whose idea was it to sign Watkins?

Mr Bods
31-08-19, 03:08 PM
So again I ask, whose idea was it to sign Watkins?

Didn’t Mal take the credit?

Whats Doing
31-08-19, 03:08 PM
Watkins get palmed off by an 18 year old kid. What a disgrace of a signing and send him back as he is pure garbage

Geeman
31-08-19, 03:09 PM
Was Watkins trying to shake his hand before he scored his first try?

NZFan
31-08-19, 03:09 PM
One of the main reasons why I liked Hurrell was because he'd carry our sets with a single run. Right now Mo is that guy. Wallace, our second rowers and our bench go nowhere. Adding to that, we're playing with halves who can't kick and a hooker who can't pass. Name a better duo.

Nailed it mate. Koni took a lot of crap from people on here but at least when we needed something he put his hand up for the carry. Outside of Mo and Arrow we just don't go forward.

psmitty
31-08-19, 03:10 PM
We are looking at only 4 wins for the whole season. What a horrible year. Need to boot 90% of the players.

gotitans101_
31-08-19, 03:10 PM
Brimson comes on after 50 minutes....hahahahaha

Mr Bods
31-08-19, 03:11 PM
Craig Hodges as predicted by a few of us throwing Boyd into a no win situation for his debut
Brennan Hodges and Burt are a disgrace for what they’ve done to us

gotitans101_
31-08-19, 03:13 PM
wow hahhahahahaahahahahahahahahhaa

Mr Bods
31-08-19, 03:14 PM
wow hahhahahahaahahahahahahahahhaa

I’m not finding this funny buddy
I’m very upset

NZFan
31-08-19, 03:16 PM
Has Cartwright slept with Hodges daughter or something?

gotitans101_
31-08-19, 03:18 PM
I’m not finding this funny buddy
I’m very upset

your expectations for this team were way too high then

- - - Updated - - -

Is Boyd playing hooker?

That'll do me. That will absolutely ****ing do me.

NZFan
31-08-19, 03:20 PM
I'm pretty sure both AJ and Peats are playing in the middle at the moment

BundyTitan
My last game as an inaugural member next week. I was going to commit to a 4 game basic membership next year but can't see that happening now. This lot of players don't deserve 1 dollar of our money.

Don’t blame you MT, I’m thinking about doing the same. Was excited about next year but I seriously cannot see us improving one bit. Until they prove me wrong I will not be putting any money into this club

Mr Bods
Played hooker QLD under 20s

gotitans101_
31-08-19, 03:21 PM
Nah I've turned it off, and probably won't watch next week's game. The team might be bad but the coaching is diabolical.

Played hooker QLD under 20s

I thought he was a halfback?

Mr Bods
31-08-19, 03:23 PM
^^^ grooming him I think to be a utility until he’s ready to be Fulltime half

gotitans101_
31-08-19, 03:26 PM
^^^ grooming him I think to be a utility until he’s ready to be Fulltime half

He should have come on for Peachey or Jacks then because they're both useless and deserved to be hooked long ago.

TitansState
31-08-19, 03:27 PM
I thought he was a halfback?

Unders 20s came off the bench and played hooker

Under 18s played halfback one year and five-eighth the other year

Mr Bods
31-08-19, 03:28 PM
I’m not sure I’ll ever get over that the immortal and former QLD coach Mal Meninga during this interim period didn’t step up
And continued to sit in the corner of the dressing room

gotitans101_
31-08-19, 03:30 PM
I’m not sure I’ll ever get over that the immortal and former QLD coach Mal Meninga during this interim period didn’t step up
And continued to sit in the corner of the dressing room

and standing there on the edge of the coaching box. He looks ridiculous up there. What the **** do you even do, Mal?

ozynorts
31-08-19, 03:37 PM
Cartwright and Peachey offer nothing. Watkins is being found out.
Brimson should never be allowed anywhere near first grade again

With that haircut. My god man what is that. :rolf:

BundyTitan
31-08-19, 03:46 PM
Wow what can you even say to that, appalling

Croc
31-08-19, 03:48 PM
The team is a complete shambles.. I have lost interest in going to the games atm.. didn’t go to the last game cos I just had no interest, don’t even think I’ll waste my time or money for next one.. hopefully discounts or better incentives for next years memberships otherwise I might just watch on my phone to I see effort and some NRL standard team! I’ve been a mad titans supporter since day 1 but this is making me go bald quicker

Whats Doing
31-08-19, 04:36 PM
Until they start recruiting players with leg speed they will continue be down the bottom of the ladder. I don’t think I have ever seen a more slower team with Wallace, Whitbred, James, Peats, Arrow ( although he has other redeeming attributes) Stone, Cartwright, Latu, Matthews, Jacks, Watkins, Don, Gordon. The list just on

Mr Bods
31-08-19, 05:12 PM
I’m so down with our team
Imagine being Darryl or Rebecca
They have done so much right

They don’t deserve it
We the long suffering fans don’t deserve it

The kids growing up trying to support us most definitely don’t deserve it

Whats Doing
31-08-19, 05:22 PM
As I understand Rebecca did either over rule the committee or put the casting vote to appoint Brennan so she definitely has some responsibility

Titanic
31-08-19, 05:25 PM
Fill the squad with local juniors ... get rid of the detritus ... I could take a couple of years of supporting locals and just add a marquee or two when they become available.

Mr Bods
31-08-19, 05:32 PM
As I understand Rebecca did either over rule the committee or put the casting vote to appoint Brennan so she definitely had some responsibility

I took that into account when saying that
Still deserves much better

Whats Doing
31-08-19, 05:34 PM
Whilst I agree with the sentiments, we don’t need slow local plodders like Wallace, Whitbred

Titanic Believer
31-08-19, 05:41 PM
Sickening end to a horror season. How many will be at the game next week. How many will even tune in?

NZFan
31-08-19, 06:17 PM
Until they start recruiting players with leg speed they will continue be down the bottom of the ladder. I don’t think I have ever seen a more slower team with Wallace, Whitbred, James, Peats, Arrow ( although he has other redeeming attributes) Stone, Cartwright, Latu, Matthews, Jacks, Watkins, Don, Gordon. The list just on

This is it. Our recruitment has just been terrible. We keep buying players that are in the exact mould of each other and players that are grafters rather than game breakers. You can add Stockwell and Copley to that list as well.

The worst part is in recent times we have gone through a phase where we have prioritised recruiting players wth a connection to the area (Ie. Gordon, Matthews, Stone, Wallace), hoping that they will build an identity for the club, regardless of whether they are actually first grade standard. I am the same as everybody else on here in believing that the way forward is by promoting and investing in local juniors, however all the recruitment has done in the last 2-3 years is block the pathways to first grade for these juniors. Take Spry for example. He has been stuck for a chance behind Brenko Lee and Copley all year. We know full well what both of those players can do as they have been tried, tested and have failed platy times in the past. When they both go down we recruit an english man coming off a major injury and throw him into the team without any consideration of giving our young players a crack. Then we wonder why players such as Jaxson Paulo leave for more opportunities. Look what the Bronco's have achieved this year with a bunch of young enthusiastic players. Then compare that to us with our bludging no-hopers. So frustrating.

JunctionBlock
31-08-19, 06:47 PM
There is a simple solution.....stop watching. Not pissed off, not tense. I'm not buying into this farcical excuse of a team. I won't watch another match until I see improvement. I won't be sitting on the forum while someone who obviously worked for the Titans spruiked how good we are going to be this year.

We suck until they show different. No use thinking anything different. No use investing emotion into a team that doesn't care about us. It's a toxic relationship.

Mexican titan
31-08-19, 07:06 PM
Whilst I agree with the sentiments, we don’t need slow local plodders like Wallace, Whitbred

I agree entirely and this sentiment on here that local juniors are going to solve everything is crap. Plenty of locals have had a crack and we are still in a complete mess. Look, I'd love a team full of locals but even blokes like James have peaked without ever getting to the heights we expected. Brimson has gone backwards this year. We need a mix, probably at the ratio we have now but the huge problem for me is why are blokes that come from outside such as Peats, Cartwright, Peachey etc going backwards when they come here. What happens. Then we sign absolute flops like Boyd on huge money and play him 30 minutes a game which is dumbfounding.

I'm just so over this club that I can't really express what I feel. The embarrassment just goes on but this clown that is our coach at the moment is more clueless than Brennan and it shows why we are going backwards if Brennan had these blokes as back up. Hodges coaching career should be shot after what he has done here - firstly playing Peats and Rein in the same starting team, doing an interchange today 1 minute before half time, including Boyd and then playing him where he did. The list goes on and I'm sure I have omitted the bigger clangers.

I was cautious when the club signed Mal to whatever make believe role it is because he doesn't play and these "consultant" roles are often worthless. Well, if he is in charge of performance and culture, he has failed and I am going to love reading his Mal on Monday excuse sheet this week.

I'm just rambling because I can't put in to words what I feel for the entire organisation at the moment. They can all get ****ed as far as I'm concerned.

Mr Bods
31-08-19, 07:13 PM
There is a simple solution.....stop watching. Not pissed off, not tense. I'm not buying into this farcical excuse of a team. I won't watch another match until I see improvement. I won't be sitting on the forum while someone who obviously worked for the Titans spruiked how good we are going to be this year.

We suck until they show different. No use thinking anything different. No use investing emotion into a team that doesn't care about us. It's a toxic relationship.

I suspected that too JB and I did put it to him in a couple of posts and then he hit the road just before Round 1.
He did a brilliant job too.
If you weren’t totally positive about our amazing roster you were piled in on.

I think he was either from the club or a psychology student working on a thesis.

jacksonm
31-08-19, 07:40 PM
Exactly, first assistant to be hired should be a sprint coach

Boonarga
31-08-19, 11:27 PM
Has a club ever sacked a stand-in coach? Let’s be the first.
Seriously though, as a Western Suburbs Magpies fanatic I went through years of horrid results prior to their removal from the top grade. Never once did I think that the players lost pride in their club or gave up trying. Not so here.
A ray of hope for me is that Balmain will cease to exist in a couple of weeks.

Whats Doing
01-09-19, 01:02 AM
Has a club ever sacked a stand-in coach? Let’s be the first.
Seriously though, as a Western Suburbs Magpies fanatic I went through years of horrid results prior to their removal from the top grade. Never once did I think that the players lost pride in their club or gave up trying. Not so here.
A ray of hope for me is that Balmain will cease to exist in a couple of weeks.

I was one too and spent most of my time on the hill at Lidcombe oval. They certainly never gave up in spite of adversity

Titanic
01-09-19, 01:40 AM
Good vent MT and I don’t mind having my opinions shouted down but I stick by them. Locals should form the base of the club and be topped-up by imports. Call me old fashioned or call me naive but I want a Gold Coast club that is indicative of my home ... some might cynically argue that’s what we’ve got but I refuse to accept that we can’t muster a competitive roster from our juniors. Meninga is a waste of space and I publicly predicted this before he arrived and Hodges et al are useless. However, like the players they can all be sacked or moved on. The bottom line for me is I want a team on the Coast.

Toads
01-09-19, 09:28 AM

Agreed, JB. I done something contructive during the game. I got on building a retaining wall while partly listening to the game on the phone, only looking up at it when you could hear what crowd there was there, going off. Only to witness the knights going over for yet another soft try.

The players have made it hard to bother tuning into this rot. That intercept served up courtesy of peachy was comical, if you were offended by it, you have too much invested in this current squad.

Mr Bods
01-09-19, 10:39 AM
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/titans/pathetic-gold-coast-titans-hit-a-new-low-point-in-384-thrashing-by-newcastle/news-story/da0b094b0b1baf6f2e891f541b99a168

Could someone post this Badel piece please?

Dooldog76
01-09-19, 06:52 PM
I just went back to investigate the claim JB and bodsie. Full on mole planted in the forum. I teach Nazi Germany to students and they would be proud of the work by the person in question.

JunctionBlock
01-09-19, 06:53 PM
Not editing (can't be bothered) so read through the rabble between this love piece

TITANS
Pathetic Gold Coast Titans hit a new low point in 38-4 thrashing by Newcastle
There have been some low days since the inception of the Gold Coast Titans ` but this might be the lowest. The club’s 38-4 loss to Newcastle was absolutely disgraceful.

Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
Subscriber only
|
August 31, 2019 5:45pm
You're watching
Knights' 90m playground try
Continue watching
Related contentTrending now
UP NEXT

NRL: The Nescastle Knights have scored a stunning 90m try off the back of a Mason Lino interception against the Gold Coa...
MORE IN SPORT

Five things: Darius’ mental grit can’t be questioned

Where are they now: The Lions of 2009

New twist in Horn fight ring card girl controversy

NO WAY: Boyd won’t be a cap burden
CONTRACT: Fifita wants to stick with Brisbane
One must wonder what the Titans actually do on a day-to-day basis at Parkwood.

Do their highly-paid athletes train? Do they tackle? Do they sip lattes? Do their coaches apply any effective defensive and offensive structures in a bid to be a credible competitor in the NRL?

Apparently, the Titans are a professional NRL team.

Instead, they are so far off the pace they look like amateurs.

God bless incoming coach Justin Holbrook. Turning the shambolic Titans around next season will be an assignment almost as daunting as putting man on the moon.

Stream the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership on KAYO SPORTS. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand on your TV, computer, mobile or tablet. Get your 14 day free trial.

The Titans are assured of the wooden spoon. AAP Image/Darren Pateman.
The Titans are assured of the wooden spoon. AAP Image/Darren Pateman.
The Knights were hardly out of this world yesterday at McDonald Jones Stadium. But their 38-4 thumping of the Titans paints a grim picture of the state of the Gold Coast and why Holbrook should put the entire squad on notice in 2020.

“Internally we felt like we had made some progress lately to build what we need to as a club, but it wasn’t there today,” lamented Titans interim coach Craig Hodges.

“We wobbled and fell over. It was particularly disappointing.”

Hodges was too kind. The Titans’ defence was as disgraceful as it was pea-hearted. All seven of Newcastle’s tries were like mid-week training drills.

Gold Coast’s class of 2019 is the most mentally fragile group in the club’s history.

The Titans have now lost 10 games straight. They haven’t won since June and next week, they will say thanks to Titans fans in their final game at Robina by handing them the wooden spoon.

Precious few Titans can hold their heads high. AAP Image/Darren Pateman.
Precious few Titans can hold their heads high. AAP Image/Darren Pateman.
“We have one game left,” Hodges said. “We have a loyal crew of fans and we have to make sure we play until the 80th minute against the Dragons.”

Newcastle were never more vulnerable than they were this day. The Knights had been flogged 46-4 by the Tigers, coach Nathan Brown walked out mid-week and their finals hopes were shot.

The Titans even scored first in the fourth minute via Ryley Jacks. But there was one major problem. The Titans defend like the Southport under-8s.

The Titans were so insipid with their defensive reads they made Mason Lino look like Andrew Johns.

Have your say on the big issues facing rugby league. Click on the link below to take part in our NRL fan survey.

NRL Fan Survey 2019
Start Survey
Rookie Knights winger Bradman Best performed like Sir Donald Bradman.

Titans playmaking young gun Tanah Boyd made his NRL debut yesterday but he was badly let down by his teammates.

In the past two seasons, the Titans have leaked a staggering 1209 points. Holbrook must stop the rot.

LISTEN! On the Matty Johns podcast, Matty lets fly on the crisis engulfing his former club the Newcastle Knights, and the team look at the best NRL rivalries and recall some of their favourite interview moments.

Newcastle’s opening try in the 13th minute to Mitchell Pearce was the result of Jacks and Brian Kelly leaving a 10-metre gap between them. How does that happen in the NRL?

Titans English recruit Kallum Watkins summed up the defensive farce. He conceded two tries with limp jersey grabs.

It’s time for culture boss Mal Meninga to read the riot act and inject some heart at the Titans. Otherwise who could blame their best player, ironman Jai Arrow, for walking out to chase his premiership dream somewhere else.

The Knights did whatever they wanted. AAP Image/Darren Pateman.
The Knights did whatever they wanted. AAP Image/Darren Pateman.
Newcastle’s opening try in the 13th minute to Mitchell Pearce was the result of Jacks and Brian Kelly leaving a 10-metre gap between them. How does that happen in the NRL?

Titans English recruit Kallum Watkins summed up the defensive farce. He conceded two tries with limp jersey grabs.

It’s time for culture boss Mal Meninga to read the riot act and inject some heart at the Titans. Otherwise who could blame their best player, ironman Jai Arrow, for walking out to chase his premiership dream somewhere else.

NEWCASTLE 38 (M Barnett B Best L Fitzgibbon H Hunt S Mata’utia M Pearce C Watson tries M Lino 5 goals) bt GOLD COAST 4 (R Jacks try) at McDonald Jones Stadium. Referee: Gavin Badger, Chris Butler. Crowd: 8,274.

Nols of the Goldy
01-09-19, 06:54 PM

There have been some low days since the inception of the Gold Coast Titans ` but this might be the lowest. The club’s 38-4 loss to Newcastle was absolutely disgraceful.

Subscriber only
|

Do their highly-paid athletes train? Do they tackle? Do they sip lattes? Do their coaches apply any effective defensive and offensive structures in a bid to be a credible competitor in the NRL?

God bless incoming coach Justin Holbrook. Turning the shambolic Titans around next season will be an assignment almost as daunting as putting man on the moon.

The Knights were hardly out of this world yesterday at McDonald Jones Stadium. But their 38-4 thumping of the Titans paints a grim picture of the state of the Gold Coast and why Holbrook should put the entire squad on notice in 2020.

“Internally we felt like we had made some progress lately to build what we need to as a club, but it wasn’t there today,” lamented Titans interim coach Craig Hodges.

Hodges was too kind. The Titans’ defence was as disgraceful as it was pea-hearted. All seven of Newcastle’s tries were like mid-week training drills.

Gold Coast’s class of 2019 is the most mentally fragile group in the club’s history.

The Titans have now lost 10 games straight. They haven’t won since June and next week, they will say thanks to Titans fans in their final game at Robina by handing them the wooden spoon.

"We have one game left,” Hodges said. “We have a loyal crew of fans and we have to make sure we play until the 80th minute against the Dragons.”

Newcastle were never more vulnerable than they were this day. The Knights had been flogged 46-4 by the Tigers, coach Nathan Brown walked out mid-week and their finals hopes were shot.

The Titans even scored first in the fourth minute via Ryley Jacks. But there was one major problem. The Titans defend like the Southport under-8s.

The Titans were so insipid with their defensive reads they made Mason Lino look like Andrew Johns.

Titans playmaking young gun Tanah Boyd made his NRL debut yesterday but he was badly let down by his teammates.

In the past two seasons, the Titans have leaked a staggering 1209 points. Holbrook must stop the rot.

Badel's and Badger's Mate
01-09-19, 06:57 PM

“We have one game left,” Hodges said. “We have a loyal crew of fans and we have to make sure we play until the 80th minute against the Dragons.”

Rookie Knights winger Bradman Best performed like Sir Donald Bradman.

Mr Bods
01-09-19, 06:57 PM
Thanks JB for posting the article. It was exactly what should be said about our lot.

01-09-19, 06:59 PM
There ya go, bodsie. Pick your chosen format :laugh:

Mr Bods
01-09-19, 07:02 PM
I just went back to investigate the claim JB and bodsie. Full on mole planted in the forum. I teach Nazi Germany to students and they would be proud of the work by the person in question.

Yeah we were played. He did a sterling job of it too.
Something negative-how dare you, only good people are positive.
Constructive criticism-what an outrage, you mustn’t be “one of us”.

- - - Updated - - -

There ya go, bodsie. Pick your chosen format :laugh:

Thank you to you too and welcome to the Forum
Not a fan of your choice of friends but welcome aboard
Appreciated

Dooldog76
01-09-19, 07:05 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Appreciated

Maybe a bit naive, but that's really slimy. I was reading the comments and it's so obvious.

01-09-19, 07:29 PM
Appreciated

No need for the welcome, bodsie. Been around here for a while now. Just using this different account to post news stories as I use my original nick here that I use on other news sites.

Mr Bods
01-09-19, 07:51 PM
No need for the welcome, bodsie. Been around here for a while now. Just using this different account to post news stories as I use my original nick here that I use on other news sites.

Understood. Very clever idea and thank you.

NZFan
02-09-19, 09:52 AM

Can you refer us to what you're talking about Bods. Maybe reply to the comment so we can see?

Mr Bods
02-09-19, 10:01 AM
It be all in the 2019 squad and rumours thread probably going from Maybe November to March

DavidBouveng
02-09-19, 08:44 PM
can you PM me the name Bods?

Mr Bods
02-09-19, 09:09 PM
can you PM me the name Bods?

Done

- - - Updated - - -

Can you refer us to what you're talking about Bods. Maybe reply to the comment so we can see?

It’s not one comment-it was quite a volume of work, like a flirtation.

Upthetits
03-09-19, 06:01 AM
Please share

Mr Bods
03-09-19, 08:02 AM
Please share

I can’t-its a volume of work. You would pretty much need to read the 2019, rumours, signings page from about November to when the season kicked off.
You blokes were all there anyway at the time. It was a lived experience.
Many of whom had the spell cast upon you successfully and by the time the season kicked off were convinced we’d be top 8 or higher this season. Which in the end was cruel because it made this season more gut wrenching given the expectations that was built up.

Boonarga
03-09-19, 05:30 PM
Please share

I'll say it. Menoitios

Mr Bods
03-09-19, 05:38 PM
I'll say it. Menoitios

Ohhhh ok. When he said “please share” I thought he meant a specific post. That’s not possible. Its a 3-4 month body of work that was very interesting and clever.

DavidBouveng
03-09-19, 05:46 PM
The name is Menoitios. Mal Menoitios.

Mr Bods
03-09-19, 06:37 PM
The name is Menoitios. Mal Menoitios.

I’m wondering whether sometime in late February whether Big Mal Menoitios was given mail that the squad was training like a bunch of Bustards and directed to make a hasty retreat from the forum.

Dooldog76
04-09-19, 06:18 AM
I suppose we should be flattered that they think our forum is significant enough...

Menoitios
07-09-19, 08:29 AM
G'day all. I just want to set some things straight. This year has been a year from hell for me. I've had some pretty major health concerns, but I'm finally back to almost 100%. As for the footy...well...feck me sideways...I wouldn't/couldn't have predicted this year. It's been sh!thouse!

I do not work for the club! I was not here to brainwash anyone! I find the labels I've been given as ridiculous as they are funny (granted...being compared to Mal in any way is probably a good thing, lol). The lashing out on here has reached a new low when you brand a fellow fan as some sort of a "plant" by the club we all support. That is such a silly idea that it boggles the mind in the first place. But still...for some reason...people feel the need to vent and lash out in the most idiotic ways.

Although crook, I've felt every kick in the guts this year along with you all. I haven't been on here because positivity has been my main aim...but to go through the crap we've had to endure this year has been bloody hard!

I still refuse to be overly negative though. One, because it's no bloody good for you to be stressed and angry all the time...and two, because if I don't do all I can to support this club...I may not have a club to support much longer. Now, before some brainiac decides I'm here to get you all behind the club for next year (by the way...you shouldn't need to be tricked into that) I want it known from this point on...I don't care what you decide to do. It's not my concern. If you see fit to not renew your memberships, fine. Then, if you choose to come on here and put the boot in every week, fine.

But please understand...I choose to remain positive. If I'm misunderstood and seen to be attacking anyone for bringing the forum down...just know that I'm defending the club and positivity (not attacking you) instead of choosing the easy road of, spitting the dummy and lashing out. Sure it's hard...and this year was a total write off both on and off the field...but at the end of the day...who else can I throw my support behind?

I'm not a psyche student. I'm not a club plant. I'm just a bloke that loves this club.

As for tonight...Titans by 8! Go Tanah!!

Mr Bods
07-09-19, 08:37 AM
^^^^ hallelujah Menoitios
The international man of mystery is back
It’s a compliment to be discussed and speculated on.

I could make a joke about how morale is at head office or how the thesis went but I’ll just say it’s great to see you back and kicking away in the same style.

Menoitios
07-09-19, 08:50 AM
G'day, Bodsie! It's the same style, because I'm the same bloke. Jeez it's been a rough year hasn't it? At least you blokes have the Burleigh and Tweed to watch. We've got the piss weak capras!!! LOL!!

By the way...I'm not Austin Powers either. I'm no "international man of mystery".

You might be thinking of Titanic! Hahaha!!

If you can't have a laugh...it's no use crying, right?

Mr Bods
07-09-19, 09:18 AM
G'day, Bodsie! It's the same style, because I'm the same bloke. Jeez it's been a rough year hasn't it? At least you blokes have the Burleigh and Tweed to watch. We've got the piss weak capras!!! LOL!!

By the way...I'm not Austin Powers either. I'm no "international man of mystery".

You might be thinking of Titanic! Hahaha!!

If you can't have a laugh...it's no use crying, right?

Oh yeah you live up the Coast. Interesting. Yeah every QCup semi is on tomorrow.
The 1140am kick off time for Seagulls is an odd one.
In terms of the footy I’m actually glad it finishes tonight.
As a passionate member of both the Titans and Suns this year has been far too much.
So the off season is s chance for more laughs, more sun, pursuing other hobbies and not spending a proportion of the week Dealing with either our form or the never ending wagons that circle our teams.

Menoitios
07-09-19, 09:33 AM
Oh yeah you live up the Coast. Interesting. Yeah every QCup semi is on tomorrow.
The 1140am kick off time for Seagulls is an odd one.
In terms of the footy I’m actually glad it finishes tonight.
As a passionate member of both the Titans and Suns this year has been far too much.
So the off season is s chance for more laughs, more sun, pursuing other hobbies and not spending a proportion of the week Dealing with either our form or the never ending wagons that circle our teams.

Tweed vs dolphins should be a good game. It's live on fox 3 and kayo for all us that can't be there! I'll be watching Taylor in the 6 pretty closely. Spry as well. If Taylor can get his head straight for next year...how do you think a halves pairing of he and Boyd would go?

I can't wait to see Tanah tonight..if he starts at half.