Join in.

- - - Updated - - -

There’s no Storm thread yet so I’ll say it here
Arthurs on the wing and AJ bench
Piss Off, Arthurs is going to the Drongoes so play AJ at FB and Gordon Wing
He’s once again gone Peats at Lock so we are midgets in the forwards
And 2 backs in AJ and Lee on the bench again

Why do we bother.

Better Arthars does an ACL than one of our players.
Saw an article during the week where they said Peats was great in lock and I knew what was going to happen after that.
Cartwright on the bench and a useless winger who comes on with 20 to go and I have no idea what position he plays.....priceless.

Hope Wallace doesn't need to breastfeed again this weekend.

lonegull
20-08-19, 08:29 PM
These team selections are mystifying, two backs on the bench again, peats at lock how does he bend the storm line. Just dumbfounded and don’t even get me started on the bench rotation during the game

NZFan
20-08-19, 08:42 PM
Cartwright really seems to have fallen out of favour. It's doesn't say much when you can't make the team behind a centre who hasn't been picked all year and only plays 20min

Bayside Titan
21-08-19, 05:10 AM
I think we will find that some of the selections are that they are the only ones fit to play in some respects.

BundyTitan
21-08-19, 05:48 AM
I think we will find that some of the selections are that they are the only ones fit to play in some respects.

Eh I don't buy that, it's down to Burt and Hodges being absolute looneys showing they should never have a coaching job again. Even though Don gets caught in defence at times, he or Spry should be playing above Arthars who is ditching us for the Broncos. And Cartwright + Latu are fit but we are playing a centre above both of them. No NRL team should have 2 backs on the bench whilst their are better, fit options

JunctionBlock
21-08-19, 06:40 AM
Unless they're trying to get a minimum amount of games up to stack the Burleigh and Tweed sides who have a chance of doing something this year unlike the "A" team.

Bayside Titan
21-08-19, 07:20 AM
Unless they're trying to get a minimum amount of games up to stack the Burleigh and Tweed sides who have a chance of doing something this year unlike the "A" team.

Could be a thought. Also don’t NRL players need to play a minimum number of games in a year to go to Super League?

willhelm
21-08-19, 08:20 AM
Could be a thought. Also don’t NRL players need to play a minimum number of games in a year to go to Super League?

Should be playing Latu then

Mr Bods
21-08-19, 04:59 PM
Should be playing Latu then

Totally should be. If he’s on the books then he should play in order to get the balance right and try and get him up
And about.

Dooldog76
21-08-19, 05:51 PM
I have thought Cartwright has been ok this year but last week he was disinterested.

ja4220
21-08-19, 05:52 PM

Burleigh have been doing just fine thank you, probably why Tanah can’t get a start (for Burleigh). And to be fair Don pushed out an 18 year old on the weekend....

gotitans101_
21-08-19, 06:21 PM
Melbourne coming off a bad loss LOL

Hope Wallace doesn't need to breastfeed again this weekend.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Smakked
22-08-19, 07:34 AM
Melbourne will put 50 on us i reckon, Titans are not even worthy of playing in the Tasmanian comp

BundyTitan
22-08-19, 07:50 AM
Melbourne will put 50 on us i reckon, Titans are not even worthy of playing in the Tasmanian comp

Your display name is relevant this weekend to what the team will be getting down in Melbourne :laugh:

Miracles are always possible but I can't see anything but a massive score put on us this week. We all know how the Storm respond when they get beaten (if only we did the same).

ozynorts
22-08-19, 05:52 PM
The storm have been read the riot act after last week, are still annoyed that we got the jump on them last time so I think we will get absolutely flogged, so nothing new really.

Mr Bods
23-08-19, 02:41 PM
If we win it will be the greatest single win in GC Team sports history

Bayside Titan
24-08-19, 08:41 PM
Looks like Chambers is out for the Storm.

Dooldog76
25-08-19, 11:38 AM
Not sure why aj is on the bench. Baffles me. I'd be playing Cartwright instead of Lee to be honest.

matti
25-08-19, 11:40 AM
Just watching the footy show and none of the panel to comment at all on our team. This is quite embarrassing for the club, a show just about footy and they have nothing to say.

BundyTitan
25-08-19, 12:19 PM
As per your wishes Dooldog, Carty has taken Lee's spot on the bench in the late mail.

Get ready for this one boys, it could and most likely will get very very ugly

willhelm
25-08-19, 12:38 PM
Looks like Max King will be getting a run for the Storm. Still angry we let him go.

NZFan
25-08-19, 12:57 PM
Looks like Max King will be getting a run for the Storm. Still angry we let him go.

I can't wait to see him play against us. I too share your anger - that decision just didn't make any sense. Good on him and Boyle though. Both will be playing finals footy when they couldn't even make the 17 in the wooden spoon club. Figure that one out!

lonegull
25-08-19, 01:14 PM
Gee jacks is a liability in both defence and attack

gotitans101_
25-08-19, 01:31 PM
These 5th tackle options ffs

shamus
25-08-19, 01:58 PM
Geez, up by 2 at halftime and no comments. We all know what’s coming then?

Toads
25-08-19, 02:00 PM
Nice to go into the sheds leading 8 - 6. Expect them to pile on at least 36 in the second.

gotitans101_
25-08-19, 02:12 PM
Peachey throwing the game away again

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Peach

mdrew
25-08-19, 02:13 PM
I dared to dream.

Boonarga
25-08-19, 02:14 PM
That'll do me. This is going to be ugly.

Dooldog76
25-08-19, 02:15 PM
We need arrow back out there

gotitans101_
25-08-19, 02:20 PM
Get Mo and Arrow back on ffs

lonegull
25-08-19, 02:27 PM
It didn’t take Watkins long to learn the titans defence structure where u don’t have to have to.

gotitans101_
25-08-19, 02:34 PM
****ing Jacks, **** off you plum.

lonegull
25-08-19, 02:35 PM
Why in attacking sets are we kicking on the fourth makes no sense especially with some of the kicks I’ve seen better kicking games in the under 8’s

gotitans101_
25-08-19, 02:37 PM
Why in attacking sets are we kicking on the fourth makes no sense especially with some of the kicks I’ve seen better kicking games in the under 8’s

Because Jacks and Peachey are both garbage.

mdrew
25-08-19, 02:39 PM
What was the point of selecting Cartwright and not even play him?

- - - Updated - - -

What a shock referees evening up the penalty count

gotitans101_
25-08-19, 02:43 PM
Is anyone else watching Peachey and thinking, how on earth is this guy in first grade? He is a deadset liability. He does NOTHING right, it's almost as though he's trying to be ****.

lonegull
25-08-19, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=mdrew;397134]What was the point of selecting Cartwright and not even play him

Nothing surprises me no more with the coaches their is no way the assistants can stay on next year

gotitans101_
25-08-19, 02:47 PM
Peachey nor Jacks cannot be in this team next year. If they are then expect more of the same. Our halves don't know how to build pressure or control a game and when it comes to defending their own line they're both garbage. There are no redeeming qualities in ANY of them. Just a complete disaster of a halves pairing.

Dobes
25-08-19, 02:52 PM
On a positive note, holy s**t what an effort from Sami..

gotitans101_
25-08-19, 02:53 PM
Sami, great effort.

Toads
25-08-19, 02:55 PM
Onya, Sami.

BundyTitan
25-08-19, 02:56 PM
That sort of effort in the year we’ve had is exceptional, take a bow Phil Sami.

Well expected the scoteline to be worse so that’s a positive, although after leading at halftime that second half was disappointing.

willhelm
25-08-19, 02:57 PM
Could’ve been much worse.

Did Carty get on the field at all or did Stone play 80?

shamus
25-08-19, 02:57 PM
Well done Sami

Titslover
25-08-19, 02:59 PM
That was an amazing effort by Sami, you couldn’t blame him if he stopped chasing at halfway knowing how fast the Fox is. Also pretty proud of that scoreline given what everyone was expecting. I know the Storm weren’t great, but if we take that effort against the Knights and Dragons we have a good chance of snagging a win

Mr Bods
25-08-19, 03:02 PM
What was the point of selecting Cartwright and not even play him?

- - - Updated - - -

What a shock referees evening up the penalty count

Being down 18-8 or 20-8 with around 20mins to go and us needing desperately to score next was surely when you throw him out there.
There’s only one worse Coach in the universe than Brennan and that’s the Hodges/Burt duo.
I’ll always be disappointed that Mal didn’t step up for us during this period in limbo.

- - - Updated - - -

Well today I was wanting respect regained.
We didn’t do that but I was a bit encouraged by today.

If Holbrook coaches us well, we have some luck with injuries and the footy gods in general help us out from time to time I think we can get our swagger back sooner than we think.

lonegull
25-08-19, 03:09 PM
I hope sexton and t Boyd step up as jacks shouldn’t be anywhere near nrl, a few time late in the second half he was deadset bludging in around the play the ball area standing of to the blindside the good halfbacks would be near the play Marshalling the troops

Mr Bods
25-08-19, 03:10 PM
Thank you Phil Sami. If the score ended up 30-8 rather than 24-8 I’d be feeling once again really down about the result but that effort in keeping it to 24-8 sort of makes me feel ok and not humiliated again.

Dooldog76
25-08-19, 03:12 PM
At least we showed some effort. Stone was awesome today, getting better and better. Halves are a shambles and it's time to blood Boyd. Poor coaching hammered us today, needed to keep the forward rotation up.

Titslover
25-08-19, 03:31 PM
AJ also had some good efforts like his escape from the in goal and his try savers on Papa and Scott. I hope we run him at fullback and Gordon wing for the rest of the year

NZFan
25-08-19, 03:40 PM
AJ also had some good efforts like his escape from the in goal and his try savers on Papa and Scott. I hope we run him at fullback and Gordon wing for the rest of the year

Gordon was terrible on the wing today. If Arthars isn't able to come back I'd actually rather Don out there.

Also how good was King when he came on for the Storm. I can see why we let him go and kept Stockwell...

matti
26-08-19, 09:32 AM
that is the try saver of the year.

Bayside Titan
26-08-19, 03:01 PM
I know its a Loss but I was pretty happy with the result. The score by all prior thoughts were that Melbourne were / could put 50+ on us , but they didn't. The trys to Melbourne were when we got caught out in defence and looked like we didn't communicate well. In defence and attack the 3 P's ( Proctor , Peats and Peachy ) had some moments that they looked like they were clicking ( obviously some points not ) but at least I can see a difference in the effort for mine. Yes some execution is lacking but I feel that this is a result of doing it poorly all season only for Craig and Burt now trying to turn that around and I like what I'm seeing. I know we have a few selection what the moments but I think that we are flat-out having the numbers to field a side through injuries. From Memory Mo is playing with a break in his hand /wrist somewhere and is waiting to get to the end of the season to get something done on it.

Mr Bods
27-08-19, 03:20 PM
Could a Newcastle thread be created please so I can go into meltdown over Matthews being in the 17