JunctionBlock
13-08-19, 03:33 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sEiAa06.png
https://i.imgur.com/3EPSwpG.png

Titslover
13-08-19, 04:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sEiAa06.png
https://i.imgur.com/3EPSwpG.png

Even Brennan wasn’t stupid enough to have 2 backs on the bench. A fullback, and a winger, whats that about honestly? If they want Brenko in the team then get rid of Arthars.
Also our 2 halves both might not be here next year. Why not give Tanah a run?

willhelm
13-08-19, 05:36 PM
I think Gordon will start at fullback, AJ into the halves and Peachey back to the bench to be used in the forward rotation.

Mr Bods
13-08-19, 06:49 PM
I think our team on Friday night will be a fair bit different to the 1-17 named today.
Got some feedback today on Taylor’s performance in QCup and unfortunately it was the same old story.

He made his tackles but in attack he was in and out of the game. He didn’t go looking for it.

I just don’t think that’s ever going to change now that he’s going on 25. The horse has bolted, he will never be a dominant halfback that leads his team around the paddock.

JunctionBlock
16-08-19, 12:53 PM
Peats might get a run off the bench tonight. Don still on the extended bench in case one of our two spares don't make the final 17?!?!?!

Mr Bods
16-08-19, 01:49 PM
That’s right we actually have a game tonight
Bloody 6pm kick off
Stressful afternoon ahead in order to get there on time

Im so sick of losing...god I wish our blokes have a dig for us

It’s not right what we go through

ja4220
16-08-19, 03:19 PM
I just don’t think that’s ever going to change now that he’s going on 25. The horse has bolted, he will never be a dominant halfback that leads his team around the paddock.

This was my point months ago. No one could ever decide what they wanted Ash to be. They wanted him to be everything.
When he started he was always second fiddle to Tyrone, but when we got on to the 20m zone he would step up with his short kicking and running game. And he was amazing!
Then his second year we chopped and changed with Tyrone and Kane and his role got muddled.
Then we got Garth and he constantly made contradictory statements about Ash and what his role was.
I have always said hat first we need to establish what sort of half Ash was, then find someone who can complement that. I do t see him as a strong organising half back. He has a running game and short kicking game, both which have been lost with the weight of organising the team.
But I digress.....
I’m going to the game tonight, I think my first game this year.
Let’s go boys!

ozynorts
16-08-19, 03:38 PM

Agreed but I think he could be a very good player at 5/8 with a 7 like Blake Green to do the organising.

Mr Bods
16-08-19, 04:15 PM
Our final 17 is bizarre
Peats starting at lock, one prop on the bench and 2 backs on the bench

Can only assume there’s going to be a lot of shuffling of positions tonight as players interchange on and off

PS please tell me Wallace has not withdrawn because his Mrs had a baby

JunctionBlock
16-08-19, 04:48 PM
Just announced it at the game and that’s it for me now. All this bull**** talk about playing for the fans and unless someone sends me a video of Jarrod Wallace breast feeding there is absolutely no legitimate reason for him not to be here. I’m so pissed right now I’m thinking of leaving the ground. **** the Titans.

Mr Bods
16-08-19, 04:51 PM
Just announced it at the game and that’s it for me now. All this bull**** talk about playing for the fans and unless someone sends me a video of Jarrod Wallace breast feeding there is absolutely no legitimate reason for him not to be here. I’m so pissed right now I’m thinking of leaving the ground. **** the Titans.

I’m nearly there
Did they announce the reason is the baby?
If the baby and his Mrs are both healthy then that’s completely unacceptable to me

gotitans101_
16-08-19, 04:53 PM
I agree. FFS.

I remember when Mini was here, he played on 2 hours sleep when his Mrs had a kid the night before...ended up having the game of his life. Butterfingers, sure, but played with a lot of heart. God I miss players like that at this club.

Mr Bods
16-08-19, 04:54 PM
Just got word baby is premature
So will go with that and wish him all the best and his Mrs and baby

gotitans101_
16-08-19, 04:55 PM
Just got word baby is premature
So will go with that and wish him all the best and his Mrs and baby

Well there you go. I retract my statement.

Mr Bods
16-08-19, 04:58 PM
Well there you go. I retract my statement.

Ditto-what we felt was fair enough given the lack of info

JunctionBlock
16-08-19, 05:01 PM
Premature and at pindara. If there were issues the baby and mum would be in Brisbane. I stand by what I said and **** him. On the other end of the spectrum peats has his knee strapped and is playing injured.

gotitans101_
16-08-19, 05:05 PM
Nothing about premature on Fox...they welcomed the baby mid-week. Congratulations to him and his wife?

JunctionBlock
16-08-19, 05:09 PM
Nothing about premature on Fox...they welcomed the baby mid-week. Congratulations to him and his wife?

It is premature and he was on the radio during the week saying they’re fine.

gotitans101_
16-08-19, 05:16 PM
So if everything is fine, why isn't he playing? *shakes head*

Mr Bods
16-08-19, 05:32 PM
It’s just a miserable existence we live

lonegull
16-08-19, 05:33 PM
Gee AJ needs to work on his positioning been found out already a few times in the game

Also if anyone wants jacks resigned have a look at how slow he is and predictable

And have a look at the body language I should I say lack of it

mdrew
16-08-19, 05:47 PM
The solution to our problems is simple, clone Moeaki Fotuaika 16 times. In the first half he has run for 107 metres, 54 post contact and made 18 tackles at a 95% tackling efficiency.

gotitans101_
16-08-19, 05:51 PM
Gee AJ needs to work on his positioning been found out already a few times in the game

Also if anyone wants jacks resigned have a look at how slow he is and predictable

Agree on both points, willing to persist with AJ at fullblack under Holbrook though.

Jacks is so slow for a half and very one-dimensional. I would show him the door at the end of his contract.

Mr Bods
16-08-19, 05:53 PM
I’m the first to admit we suck
But Jesus Muhammad And Buddha we get done in every week by the referees

JunctionBlock
16-08-19, 05:58 PM
It’s badger. What do you expect. Can’t even be bothered going to the members draw at half time anymore.

mdrew
16-08-19, 05:59 PM
Our initial defensive contact is letting us down unfortunately, we just can not prevent them making metres through the centre.

Mr Bods
16-08-19, 06:01 PM

And last week his poor positioning and efforts arguably cost us a win.
He needs to stop listening to the press and work his guts off to go the next level

mdrew
16-08-19, 06:11 PM
That will do me, no one wanted the ball from the Titans aagghh.

Boonarga
16-08-19, 06:11 PM
Wow. The level of dumb out there is amazing.

mdrew
16-08-19, 06:13 PM
Might head off to the GCRL Junior Grand Finals now instead of full time, AJ brought off for a rest??????

gotitans101_
16-08-19, 06:22 PM
Turned it off.

lonegull
16-08-19, 06:23 PM
Can’t understand Hodges bench rotation got me dumbfounded with some of the decisions he is making

Mr Bods
16-08-19, 06:23 PM
Being at the game totally sucks
It’s a miserable experience and it’s entirely due to this playing group

lonegull
16-08-19, 06:29 PM
Our initial defensive contact is letting us down unfortunately, we just can not prevent them making metres through the centre.

Totally agree the first contact is terrible

- - - Updated - - -

Surely they won’t renew gillmeister consultancy for defence

mdrew
16-08-19, 06:30 PM
Sadness is the emotion I am felly here at the moment, but I will hold on to the fact that our TEDS program sill get us there.

Dooldog76
16-08-19, 06:31 PM
Check rein's TAB account. He's throwing this for sure.

JunctionBlock
16-08-19, 06:34 PM
Members walking out with 20 to go. Just saw a woman try and give her membership to the mascot. He didn’t take it.

Just had to reassure my wife and kids that there was only one more home game we “have to” sit through.

mdrew
16-08-19, 06:36 PM
Saw an older member walk out in tears, I fell so bad for him.

lonegull
16-08-19, 06:39 PM
Check rein's TAB account. He's throwing this for sure.

Yep have a look at the mistakes and the penalties he has given very crucial times

JunctionBlock
16-08-19, 06:40 PM
And we are out of here. Joke of a team.

gotitans101_
16-08-19, 06:42 PM
This is Garth's team. Remember that.

Mr Bods
16-08-19, 06:47 PM
Eels fans mocking us
Members walking out
Young fans mocking our players

I can’t watch and want it over

This is so bad

Shame on this playing group
Shame on them

gotitans101_
16-08-19, 06:49 PM
Eels fans mocking us
Members walking out
Young fans mocking our players

I can’t watch and want it over

This is so bad

Shame on this playing group
Shame on them

like that joke of a team can mock us lol

they are going to get flogged come finals time.

BundyTitan
16-08-19, 06:54 PM
I honestly thought the cocaine scandal and us subsequently almost folding was the lowest point in the club’s history, but honestly I think right now actually is. Never seen morale so low amongst fans and members. Geez this is going to be a long road back and a long long end to the season.

JunctionBlock
16-08-19, 06:56 PM
At least they made finals. We are wooden spooners. Teams having a lend of all of us now with the crap they say during the week.

mdrew
16-08-19, 07:04 PM
Still sitting at the ground, too stupid to move

mdrew
16-08-19, 07:21 PM
I mean this in all honesty, thankyou for all of the fans who support the Titans we are in a horrible state at [resent but the future is bright I promise you but I do understand the frustration.

- - - Updated - - -

Was just called every swear word under the sun by Eels supporters because I was at the game by myself, stuff you I am who I am even if.....

Mr Bods
16-08-19, 07:33 PM
like that joke of a team can mock us lol

they are going to get flogged come finals time.

We don’t know what finals is
Our kids don’t know what finals is
We don’t know what enjoying a win is

Dobes
16-08-19, 07:33 PM
At least that's another one for the tipping competition, about the only positive I can take out of this. Besides that, I don't know how much more of this s**t I can take

mdrew
16-08-19, 07:46 PM
I am shattered I just do not understand what has happened this season, I am a broken man.

Mr Bods
16-08-19, 07:51 PM
I am shattered I just do not understand what has happened this season, I am a broken man.

Mate I’m feeling everything you are brother
We care so much and yet this club gives us back so little
It really does hurt. Im sorry for all of us that really love this club and want the locals to experience a bit of fun and something to be proud of.

BundyTitan
16-08-19, 08:03 PM

Think all of us diehards are with you champion. A pre season full of no controversy, promise and hype yet we turn out the worst year in our history. Yes we have gaps in our roster but a squad like ours should not be spooners. At a loss for words

Mr Bods
16-08-19, 08:55 PM
Listening to the Hodges press conference and the soft questions the media fed him has actually made me feel even worse

gotitans101_
16-08-19, 09:06 PM
There's no passion at all from Hodges. No concern shown for the club. What an absolute bludger of a presser, just like every week. **** off and take Burt and Mal with you.

lonegull
16-08-19, 09:07 PM

I think we all are shattered,hopefully with the TEDS program coming to fruition in next couple of years their is some light at the end of the tunnel

Mr Bods
16-08-19, 09:34 PM
I think we all are shattered,hopefully with the TEDS program coming to fruition in next couple of years their is some light at the end of the tunnel

I’m worried the pathetic performances of our NRL team is going to undermine the Junior Program

Whats Doing
16-08-19, 09:36 PM
Let’s face it. 90 percent of the players are reserve graders being paid NRL money. They know they are overpaid, cannot compete and will find any angle to sit out a game whilst being paid.No point getting belted when you can get the same money sitting out.

Feel sorry for Holbrook as I don’t think he knows how diabolical the Titans are and it is ingrained throughout the playing group.

Brennan had a lot to answer for but so does the management who has allowed the situation to develop the way it has.

Our recruitment is diabolical and who thought signing Watkins is kidding themselves. He is just the same as the rest of the team being slow, lacks physical strength and appears disinterested

Toads
16-08-19, 10:02 PM
When's Todd Carney's book launch?

I'm in dire need of a positive story, we're not getting much outta this mob.

Mr Bods
17-08-19, 07:51 AM
There's no passion at all from Hodges. No concern shown for the club. What an absolute bludger of a presser, just like every week. **** off and take Burt and Mal with you.

You can see why the whole joint is a stinker
Not only Brennan is a fail but the assistance all along in Hodges, Burt, Ferris and sadly Meninga as well are all epic fails.
Ground Zero again for all of us.
It’s really rough what we endure.

Meanwhile supporters of the likes of Easts, Storm, Drongoes etc continue to be complete flogs with their easy life and be keyboard warriors rubbing it in and saying we should fold.

Make no mistake-the Drongoes are eyeing off rolling into town again and claiming us as their own. They want us to not exist and so does their media cheerleaders.

Toads
17-08-19, 09:19 AM
I'm not sure how we could pull the trigger on Mal so soon, because you're not going to turn the club's culture around in several months, I'd imagine you'd need at least a couple years to see a considerable improvement. Though it seems awfully quiet on that front, and i'm quite interested in how Mal plans to address that.

Mr Bods
17-08-19, 09:50 AM
^^^ I agree that Mal gets all of 2020 before we move on him

Titanic Believer
18-08-19, 12:34 PM
Highly indicative of our level of interest, how much comment generated by this game.

Meanwhile, what happened to the Cows, and how good are Canterbury. They have improved, we have gone backwards.

JunctionBlock
19-08-19, 05:58 AM
Highly indicative of our level of interest, how much comment generated by this game.

Meanwhile, what happened to the Cows, and how good are Canterbury. They have improved, we have gone backwards.

Was thinking the same thing about The Doggies. Pay was supposed to be the first coach gone this year. We all sat at home laughing at his team changes every week and the players he offloaded and sent to SL. Their star half was always injured and then they announce they'll be happy to pay half his wage to get rid of him. Team has come together and started to play for their NRL careers, got some confidence in themselves and now there is no talk of the coach getting sacked and they are winning games that they shouldn't have a chance to win. AMazing what happens when a team takes action against players that drop their bottom lips or who are under performing.

NZFan
19-08-19, 09:45 AM

I only just watched the replay today. I didn't fancy ruining my Friday night.

From what I saw though, the end of the season can't come soon enough. We won't win another game for the rest of the season and the reason why I say that is game plan. The commentators love reiterating how we haven't won a game since Brennan left but for some stupid reason we haven't changed the way that we play at all. I remember when Hodges took charge he said that they weren't going to change up things too much because it is too late in the season. Well I think that decision may cost him another coaching gig in the future.

There wasn't really much to take from that game, it just kind of felt like a slow death. One positive I guess would have been how Arthars played (which is great considering how he is leaving) but I also think that Watkins showed a bit of class as well - especially when he put Arthars away down that edge. We just don't give him or Kelly enough early ball. All of our play is lateral and then we shovel our centres the ball with very little room to move. Hopefully this taste of NRL is enough for Watkins to gauge the level of competition and he can train hard over the off season and come into next ready to fire.

Besides that, I think that game proved a few other things. Peats is not a middle forward. Rein cannot play 80 min and is only good for 50min tops. Proctor probably plays his best attacking football outside of Peachey as he showed signs of hitting holes again and Mo was once again our best player. Oh and also, I can't see Stone becoming anything more than a depth player - he just isn't physical enough.

Mr Bods
20-08-19, 04:09 PM
There’s no Storm thread yet so I’ll say it here
Arthurs on the wing and AJ bench
Piss Off, Arthurs is going to the Drongoes so play AJ at FB and Gordon Wing
He’s once again gone Peats at Lock so we are midgets in the forwards
And 2 backs in AJ and Lee on the bench again

Why do we bother.