PDA

View Full Version : Round 19: TITANS vs BRONCOS (2019)

DIEHARD
21-07-19, 03:23 PM
TITANS vs BRONCOS

mdrew
21-07-19, 03:25 PM
Real tough one, hopefully Tannah Boyd gets a debut against his old club.

Randomologist
21-07-19, 03:41 PM
Surely Boyd gets a run at HB, Jacks was atrocious in defence and his kicking game was awful too I thought.

Dobes
23-07-19, 03:21 PM
Watkins finally named

JunctionBlock
23-07-19, 03:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4hfJUxa.png

So last week was Ryley Jacks' and Lees fault and our playing for the future includes Peachey?

ozynorts
23-07-19, 03:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4hfJUxa.png

So last week was Ryley Jacks' and Lees fault and our playing for the future includes Peachey?

Nope I think they are trying a few different things and waiting for players to put their hands up.

JunctionBlock
23-07-19, 03:45 PM
Nope I think they are trying a few different things and waiting for players to put their hands up.

That's what worries me. Latu, Peachey and Stockwell are getting named.

Mexican titan
23-07-19, 03:55 PM
That's what worries me. Latu, Peachey and Stockwell are getting named.

They are probably hoping that they show some heart/effort so that some club will show interest in taking them off our books.

gotitans101_
23-07-19, 05:39 PM
do we have to

Boonarga
23-07-19, 06:50 PM
Proctor promoted to co-captain. Can we sink any lower?

willhelm
23-07-19, 07:06 PM
Proctor promoted to co-captain. Can we sink any lower?

Who else would you pick?

Boonarga
23-07-19, 07:35 PM
Why do we need two?
If we did, Peats, Gordon, anyone of the other 15 before Proctor

willhelm
23-07-19, 08:24 PM
Fair, I’d go Peats too. I don’t think Roberts is captaincy material.

Bayside Titan
23-07-19, 08:43 PM
Greta to see that Watkins is named. Good test to see how he goes.

Bronco Bill
24-07-19, 08:32 PM
You never know lads, with all the news, rumours and rumblings this could be the last time we play each other.....

Mr Bods
24-07-19, 08:36 PM
That effort by Troll Bill is what I call next level trolling

But I’m glad he did it because he’s proven once and for all everything I’ve been saying about the Drongoes for years
They don’t want us to exist whereas we just want to beat them in games of footy.

They are a despicable club and fan base

Mexican titan
24-07-19, 08:37 PM
You never know lads, with all the news, rumours and rumblings this could be the last time we play each other.....

Quite possible mate. With the Broncos sense of self entitlement and the need to actually win something they'll probably form a Super League competition of one team and just play with themselves. Something that both them, and in particular you, would enjoy.

Bronco Bill
24-07-19, 08:54 PM
Quite possible mate. With the Broncos sense of self entitlement and the need to actually win something they'll probably form a Super League competition of one team and just play with themselves. Something that both them, and in particular you, would enjoy.

Look I know our "rivalry" games have never received much fanfare in the rugby league community let alone from our perspective. This week's game isn't even on nine. We just really need this week's win to avoid holidaying in September. I can already thank you guys in advance.

We should learn to get along, after all we'll be sharing the same stadium soon enough.

willhelm
24-07-19, 08:55 PM
Funny timing seeing as we already beat you guys this year :laugh:

Titslover
24-07-19, 09:04 PM
Hahah yeah what was the score last time champion? And you haven't won a comp since we came in with all the resources at your hand, what a joke :laugh:

lonegull
25-07-19, 06:10 AM

What a comeback still laughing

JunctionBlock
25-07-19, 07:24 AM
When a $32 million operating budget delivers the same bottom 8 result as a $3 million budget.

Mr Bods
25-07-19, 08:18 AM
Nice work. You gents sure took care of the Drongoe Troll.

BundyTitan
26-07-19, 10:18 AM
Gillett ruled out for Brisbane. Not sure it increases our chances of winning but definitely better to play a side without him in it

Bayside Titan
26-07-19, 03:29 PM
Please be advised that the @GCTitans request to have Brian Kelly (4) replaced by Anthony Don (22) has been granted by the NRL.

https://twitter.com/nrlmedia/status/1154638818084978689?s=21

Mr Bods
26-07-19, 04:09 PM
Please be advised that the @GCTitans request to have Brian Kelly (4) replaced by Anthony Don (22) has been granted by the NRL.

Anyone know why?

JunctionBlock
26-07-19, 04:09 PM

What happened to BK? This isn't going to be fun on Saturday.

Mr Bods
26-07-19, 04:21 PM
Has to be injured at training. We need to know how minor or major it was.

Upthetits
26-07-19, 04:25 PM

I wonder what happened

BundyTitan
26-07-19, 06:47 PM
Really hope the news is wrong. Nine news said “underperforming Brian Kelly has been axed”...:surprise: surely that isn’t right.

Also Cartwright moved to the bench and Stone starting on the left edge.

Mr Bods
26-07-19, 06:51 PM
Really hope the news is wrong. Nine news said “underperforming Brian Kelly has been axed”...:surprise: surely that isn’t right.

Also Cartwright moved to the bench and Stone starting on the left edge.

If he’s axed you wouldn’t think it was form related because he wouldn’t have been selected on Tuesday.
He hasn’t had the same impact lately and he is a part of the non-existent left edge defence so that element does vindicate a possible axing.
But it doesn’t make sense.

BundyTitan
26-07-19, 09:14 PM
Actually now that I think of it, we had to get special exception from the NRL to replace him in the squad with Don. They wouldn’t have allowed this purely for form so it must be injury.

Mr Bods
26-07-19, 09:21 PM
Actually now that I think of it, we had to get special exception from the NRL to replace him in the squad with Don. They wouldn’t have allowed this purely for form so it must be injury.

Most logical reason. I’m scared as to what it is.

Mr Bods
27-07-19, 10:13 AM
I don’t want to go. It just sucks that is where we are now at. I’m a total fanatic and yet I’ve got no enthusiasm to go.

Upthetits
27-07-19, 10:20 AM
I don’t want to go. It just sucks that is where we are now at. I’m a total fanatic and yet I’ve got no enthusiasm to go.

Just enjoy the afternoon mate. Dont the game so seriously as our seasons done, no HC. I stopped caring a few weeks ago. The panthers game didnt even shock me, i was just laughing at how pathetic these "footballers" were. I think theyre expecting towards 15k. Hopefully we get it. I believe they have opened sections of the southern stand.

Mr Bods
27-07-19, 11:14 AM
Just enjoy the afternoon mate. Dont the game so seriously as our seasons done, no HC. I stopped caring a few weeks ago. The panthers game didnt even shock me, i was just laughing at how pathetic these "footballers" were. I think theyre expecting towards 15k. Hopefully we get it. I believe they have opened sections of the southern stand.

Yeah true. It’s still relaxation and of course it’s always good to remember how desolate it was from 1998-2006 when we had no team at all due to the selfishness and the crying of the despicable News Ltd/Drongoes partnership.

There is no more disgusting club or fan base.

ozynorts
27-07-19, 01:12 PM
And Bods you will kick yourself silly if you don’t go and we beat the broncos.

NZFan
27-07-19, 03:04 PM
I know it has been a rubbish season and far less than what we have all expected but if we can get up today against the Broncos it would give us something to build on for next season. The best way to shut the Brisbane hate media up is to keep beating them. We jagged a win earlier this season so let's hope the boys can get up today and be 2/2 against the Broncos this season

Mr Bods
27-07-19, 03:29 PM
And Bods you will kick yourself silly if you don’t go and we beat the broncos.

Oh yeah I’m going to be there
That was never in doubt
I just hate it that I’m not fired up like a fan should be

Dobes
27-07-19, 04:39 PM
Oh yeah I’m going to be there
That was never in doubt
I just hate it that I’m not fired up like a fan should be

Think of it this way Bods, at least you don’t have to listen to Corey Parker talking sh*t the whole game.. Awfully quiet when the Titans have the ball, or whenever the Drongos make a mistake, and then the only time he has any praise whatsoever is for the Broncos... Inpartiality completely out the window these days

NZFan
27-07-19, 04:52 PM
Roberts Roberts Roberts

isaiah
27-07-19, 04:55 PM
Roberts Roberts Roberts

Should declare and send them in, 0-100

NZFan
27-07-19, 05:06 PM
Should declare and send them in, 0-100

We were getting such a good wrap from the commentators about our defensive grit then the captain lets a simple one through one on one. Flood gates are now open, game over.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody still want to argue whether Copley is a centre or not?

gotitans101_
27-07-19, 05:07 PM
do we really have anything promising to look forward to supporting this club? I'm over it. I'm really, really over it.

Boonarga
27-07-19, 05:10 PM
“Hey ref, give us 6 more tackles”
“Oh, ok boys”

Then planted the ball on a foot and lost it. Fair try!

Even the refs hate us.

Dobes
27-07-19, 05:10 PM
do we really have anything promising to look forward to supporting this club? I'm over it. I'm really, really over it.

Makes two of us mate. As it stands right now, this team is not playing at NRL standard. In fact we’d probably get belted by most QCUP teams. We’ve gotta be hands down the most difficult team to follow in the NRL

gotitans101_
27-07-19, 05:18 PM
Watkins another genius signing.

Who the hell has a say in this club's signings? FFS. We are ****ed.

lonegull
27-07-19, 05:19 PM
Copley having a blinder for the broncos

Upthetits
27-07-19, 05:22 PM

Im sorry. Ive never walked out of a game in my life. Forget what i said.

gotitans101_
27-07-19, 05:24 PM
wonder how Bods and the others who attended are holding up

Mr Bods
27-07-19, 05:25 PM
How upsetting is this
We simply aren’t NRL standard

And the referees are dead set cheats
But we should be more resilient to the cheating regardless

Upthetits
27-07-19, 05:26 PM
wonder how Bods and the others who attended are holding up

Walking out at half time. Threw my membership at the mascot. Completely done for the year.

Dooldog76
27-07-19, 05:29 PM
I feel awful, but we've walked out at half time.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm livid, absolutely livid.

Mexican titan
27-07-19, 05:32 PM
Think of it this way Bods, at least you don’t have to listen to Corey Parker talking sh*t the whole game.. Awfully quiet when the Titans have the ball, or whenever the Drongos make a mistake, and then the only time he has any praise whatsoever is for the Broncos... Inpartiality completely out the window these days

He's better than his pain in the **** dumb missus on the radio. Marginal though.

Bronco Bill
27-07-19, 05:33 PM
Wow watching the game at the ground is even better than at home watching it on the tele. I'm sitting here waving my flag with the biggest smirk on my face. Wow! what a game, the best one I've ever seen live. Thank you for this memory Titans, I'll cherish it forever lads.

Mr Bods
27-07-19, 05:35 PM
He's better than his pain in the **** dumb missus on the radio. Marginal though.

I hate how our radio stations have rewarded people who haven’t done a thing for us
Hannant and now Mrs Parker

How about jobs for people and their families that are truly part of us

- - - Updated - - -

PS I’m staying to the bitter bitter bitter end

Dooldog76
27-07-19, 05:40 PM
Wow watching the game at the ground is even better than at home watching it on the tele. I'm sitting here waving my flag with the biggest smirk on my face. Wow! what a game, the best one I've ever seen live. Thank you for this memory Titans, I'll cherish it forever lads.

Like I cherish the moments with your mum.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate how our radio stations have rewarded people who haven’t done a thing for us
Hannant and now Mrs Parker

How about jobs for people and their families that are truly part of us

- - - Updated - - -

PS I’m staying to the bitter bitter bitter end

Sorry bodsie, just couldn't do it again. I think they need to see people walking out.

C-Whiz
27-07-19, 05:47 PM
Wow watching the game at the ground is even better than at home watching it on the tele. I'm sitting here waving my flag with the biggest smirk on my face. Wow! what a game, the best one I've ever seen live. Thank you for this memory Titans, I'll cherish it forever lads.I'm glad that at least the Titans are helping the disadvantaged and mentally challenged have a nice day out in public.

Dobes
27-07-19, 05:55 PM
I'm glad that at least the Titans are helping the disadvantaged and mentally challenged have a nice day out in public.

Yes, we have a great reputation for working with the special folk and it's on display here yet again.

mdrew
27-07-19, 05:59 PM
I have to drive back to Brisbane after this

Dobes
27-07-19, 05:59 PM
I have to drive back to Brisbane after this

Might as well get a head start now and beat the traffic mate, doesn't look like it'll get much better for us

Toads
27-07-19, 06:31 PM
Cool, another two more years until we get into our next rebuilding stage, and i guess we'll end up getting stiffed with the announcement of Walters as Coach next week, just for the icing on the cake. smh

Bronco Bill
27-07-19, 06:34 PM
We're now back in the 8. This is the best birthday present ever. It's like Christmas in July. Thank you lads.

Like I said this will probably be the last time we play each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VScSEXRwUqQ

Titanic Believer
27-07-19, 06:39 PM
What a comedy. Broncs defence fragile as paper in the eecond half and still only one try. Weird game all round.

Mr Bods
27-07-19, 07:04 PM
What can you say?
I feel our blokes simply don’t care as much as the other 15 clubs.

The Leadership isn’t there. At the start when the opposition are crashing hard our players are not at the same intensity.

In the off season it was all about how good our roster was.
It probably is a good roster but leadership had to be addressed and it wasn’t.

They need to care more.

Anyway what a poo Sandwich that was for us.
The players need to get hammered by the fans and media.

Not good enough.

And the referees were cheats in the first half.

JunctionBlock
27-07-19, 07:21 PM
Stayed till the end. Wouldn't give the broncheats the satisfaction of seeing me walk earlier. Cockhead in front of me had a go after 20 mins when the refs handed the game to the Broncos. Apparently he didn't like my language.

Anyway, rabble. Copley isn't only not a centre he isn't a contact sport player. Sami gone, Peachey the Panther doing his level best to do as little impact as humanly possible. Interchange was a joke. I'm not seeing what the coaches are seeing in Stone. I honestly thought Watkins looked good it's more the setup and the Qcup player on his outside that were his undoing.

Congratulations on another charge down, another line break and another knock on to undo all your good work Wallace. Terribly upsetting. MoFo coming off the bench is an astounding move. AJ in the halfs is a terrible idea. I'll even take Ash back now.

We have no idea anywhere in this club. People only turn up for the free feed at half time.

C-Whiz
27-07-19, 07:21 PM
We're now back in the 8. This is the best birthday present ever. It's like Christmas in July. Thank you lads.

Like I said this will probably be the last time we play each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VScSEXRwUqQ

Thanks Bronco Bill, The Doors are cool. A lot of people like the Doors. Too bad not many people like you. Enjoy your birthday. I'm guessing you're celebrating alone.

JunctionBlock
27-07-19, 07:22 PM
Thanks Bronco Bill, The Doors are cool. A lot of people like the Doors. Too bad not many people like you. Enjoy your birthday. I'm guessing you're celebrating alone.

How small must this guys dick be to think that anything he says would be upsetting?

C-Whiz
27-07-19, 07:25 PM
What can you say?
I feel our blokes simply don’t care as much as the other 15 clubs.

The Leadership isn’t there. At the start when the opposition are crashing hard our players are not at the same intensity.

In the off season it was all about how good our roster was.
It probably is a good roster but leadership had to be addressed and it wasn’t.

They need to care more.

Anyway what a poo Sandwich that was for us.
The players need to get hammered by the fans and media.

Not good enough.

And the referees were cheats in the first half.
Dropped ball by at least 3 of our "name" players. They just have no respect for possesion, the game, the team or the fans.

- - - Updated - - -

How small must this guys dick be to think that anything he says would be upsetting?

Imagine celebrating your birthday as a Broncos supporter by posting on a Titans page. The Titans lost, but they are not the biggest loser tonight. :laugh:

Dooldog76
27-07-19, 07:35 PM
He's probably crying and eating cake as we speak.

- - - Updated - - -

The only positive I saw was Proctor ripping into Roberts. That was before halftime. He was pointing at him and really getting into him. It was good. And I don't know if anyone else noticed the complete difference in athleticism between the Don and Watkins. Bye bye Don.

mdrew
27-07-19, 07:42 PM
Moeaka Fotuaika with 182m in just 56 minutes and 35 tackles. 16 more of him next week please.

BundyTitan
27-07-19, 07:48 PM
Mo is incredible. Also shoutout to Jarrod Wallace. The guy is absolutely trying his guts out every week and I swear he has a charge down every week haha. They are about the only two that can hold their head high. Disgraceful team performance

Boonarga
27-07-19, 07:55 PM
I didn't see much of the game but one thing I saw just highlighted the ineptitude and lack of football brains.
We get a penalty on the halfway line. Every bronco bar the fullback stands on the 10 metre line. The fullback is directly in front of the posts. We kick it almost straight out to the sideline. 40 easy metres wasted!

NZFan
27-07-19, 08:07 PM
Boys against men tonight - Frail old underperforming men.

Also Whitbread needs a break from starting at 13. With him and Stockwell on a the same time the opposition get a leg up because they both are ineffective at slowing the ball down and winning the ruck. Neither of them really especially miss tackles but the first 5-6 sets we gave away 50-60m which completely took us out of the game.

Don, Sami and Copley should never get to wear the jersey again. They just continually fail. I'm running out of things to say about them.

mdrew
27-07-19, 08:14 PM
Debut next week for Tannah Boyd and Tremain Spry or in the coming weeks I hope.

PS - Titans if there s anything, and I mean anything I can do as a supporter ti help please let me know and I will do it

Dooldog76
27-07-19, 08:34 PM
Maybe we should run on next week.

- - - Updated - - -

The only positive I saw was Proctor ripping I to Roberts. That was before halftime. He was pointing at him and really getting into him. It was good. And I don't know if anyone else noticed the complete differe ce in athleticism between the Don and Watkins. Bye bye Don.

Titanic Believer
27-07-19, 09:25 PM
I am not as hard a marker as some but just as disappointed. I have long past having expectations for this team. There was plenty of ground gained in the second half but it seemed like one of those days when everything goes wrong. The intercept pass first half, the intercept after the break by Gordon, the dropped ball after break by Wallace, the dropped pass from Don when he was in the clear,etc, etc. It all got so comical, then Peachey went to the wing and seemingly forgot wingers run North to South not East to West. I swear he was hell bent on playing touch footy :laugh:

Mr Bods
27-07-19, 09:30 PM
I am not as hard a marker as some but just as disappointed. I have long past having expectations for this team. There was plenty of ground gained in the second half but it seemed like one of those days when everything goes wrong. The intercept pass first half, the intercept after the break by Gordon, the dropped ball after break by Wallace, the dropped pass from Don when he was in the clear,etc, etc. It all got so comical, then Peachey went to the wing and seemingly forgot wingers run North to South not East to West. I swear he was hell bent on playing touch footy :laugh:

What you outlined there sure was very true elements of the Absolute horror Show we sat through tonight in the fine company of those humble Drongoe fans who have no sense of self-entitlement and just care about good sportsmanship and the health and growth of Rugby League.

mdrew
27-07-19, 09:53 PM
Yes mate our juniors coming through are outstanding.

shamus
27-07-19, 10:19 PM
Copley.. FIFO... in 1 week out for 4

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure who it was (not me ...yet) but with a few minutes to go in tonight’s game a Titans jersey came sailing down through the crowd from around row 24 or so. Landed within 2 rows of the Legion. Anyone fessin’ up??

gotitans101_
27-07-19, 11:13 PM
sorry i was wrong about Copley.

He can piss off at the end of the year too.

Mr Bods
28-07-19, 07:31 AM
sorry i was wrong about Copley.

He can piss off at the end of the year too.

Yeah I mentioned him again in the well being thread
He’s tissue paper and not worth a place in the squad
He’s nothing special as a player either
Misses tackles
Doesn’t go looking for it
No X factor
Add the fact he’s tissue paper and he’s got to go

Mr Bods
28-07-19, 07:47 AM
Hodges rolled out a Brennan like excuse last night saying
We are a young forward pack
Let’s go through them
Stockwell experienced
Peats very experienced
Wallace experienced
Stone youngish
Proctor very experienced
Whitbread youngish

Bench
Mo young but easily our best
Latu experienced
Cartwright experienced
Peachey experienced

Conclusion-stop making excuses and insulting our intelligence

Toads
28-07-19, 08:13 AM
... the fine company of those humble Drongoe fans who have no sense of self-entitlement and just care about good sportsmanship and the health and growth of Rugby League.

Smooth.. very smooth, mate. I like it. :laugh:

Hail Sezer
28-07-19, 08:17 AM
Watkins looks like he could make it here if a good coach knows how to use him...some athleticism and class there no doubt

Mo great..otherwise not much to like..

GCTTSD
28-07-19, 09:51 AM
I thought aj was very quiet, I'd almost rather see him in the centres or wing rather then halves of Gordon's FB cause he never offers much in the halves and when Tyrone Roberts is the main man we don't look good,

Mr Bods
28-07-19, 09:57 AM
I thought aj was very quiet, I'd almost rather see him in the centres or wing rather then halves of Gordon's FB cause he never offers much in the halves and when Tyrone Roberts is the main man we don't look good,

Yeah I can’t Stand him in the halves and I can’t stand Peachey our wide either, Peachey needs to be the 6 or 13
I’d like a backline next week of
AJ
Gordon
Kelly
Watkins
Sami/Don/Spry
Peachey/Roberts
Roberts/Taylor

JunctionBlock
28-07-19, 10:24 AM

Not that anyone in this team has but AJ hasn't lived up to the hype this season. Hasn't seized his opportunity at FB this year. But playing behind this pack......who could blame him.

Peachey doesn't deserve to be around this team. Club said if you don't buy in then you'll be gone. So stop playing him and send him packing.

Mexican titan
28-07-19, 10:30 AM
Not that anyone in this team has but AJ hasn't lived up to the hype this season. Hasn't seized his opportunity at FB this year. But playing behind this pack......who could blame him.

Peachey doesn't deserve to be around this team. Club said if you don't buy in then you'll be gone. So stop playing him and send him packing.

Agree totally. AJ has done little but I hope it's because we get no go forward from our useless forward pack.

Also agree with HS comments re Watkins. I thought his first up display showed something for next year with a pre season under his belt.

Dooldog76
28-07-19, 12:27 PM
Admittedly throwing brimmo into a position he's not familiar with didn't do him wonders. Same thing happened with ponga and Newcastle.

Bayside Titan
28-07-19, 12:37 PM
Watkins looks like he could make it here if a good coach knows how to use him...some athleticism and class there no doubt

Mo great..otherwise not much to like..

Watkins.
ARM 132 meters Second most of the backs.
PCM 31 meters
TB 1
TKLS 22
MTKL 1

Agree with HS Could be a good buy for us. Solid first up hit out.

Mo continues to amaze me and becoming my most admired player.
Mo
On the field for 46 minutes
ARM 186 Most of any forward and more than 5 other forwards put together.
PCM 58 meters
TB 3
TKLS 35
MTKL 3

So some degree Mo’s stats are somewhat embarrassing as to the low work rate or effectiveness of the other forwards.
JWal ran for 164 and Whitbread third at 99 meters.

JunctionBlock
28-07-19, 01:56 PM
Who was it?

https://i.imgur.com/kWZdREP.jpg

Titanic
28-07-19, 01:59 PM
AJ was finding his NRL feet at FB and should never be moved. Gordon gets Dons wing and Taylor comes back. Peachey to the bench.

Mr Bods
28-07-19, 01:59 PM
Who was it?

https://i.imgur.com/kWZdREP.jpg

It was our very own Upthetits but he didn’t just throw it on the field he threw it at the mascot

BundyTitan
28-07-19, 02:52 PM
Club should feel ashamed that long time fans are walking away, don’t blame you Upthetits and he won’t be the last one.

Mexican titan
28-07-19, 06:27 PM
Club should feel ashamed that long time fans are walking away, don’t blame you Upthetits and he won’t be the last one.

I've had enough of every off season offering false hope, however I'll stick with them to a small degree. I'll be downgrading from western Titanium at $1100 to a GA 4 game pass at less than a third of the cost. I'll be back full time when the players show some pride and effort but I will not be holding my breath.

5 Year Contract
28-07-19, 07:00 PM
My dad also cancelled his membership after last nights game (props to him he lasted longer than I did) being in Central Queensland in the heart of donkeys and cowboys territory it is hard enough supporting this team. Let alone the thousands invested in trips down to watch this team play. This team doesnt give 2 ****s about its fans so why give them a single cent anymore. Its sad to see players like Mo bust their **** week in and week out and be stuck with a supporting cast who cant even do the bare minimum to collect their paycheck. This club has a disease and if its not sorted out very soon then we wont be around anymore. Given the last few games you would think players would be showing they are keen to buy in but id be flat out picking 5 players who deserve their jersey and spot in the team.

DavidBouveng
29-07-19, 09:16 AM
I thought Watkins looked classy....but small. didnt seem ot make much impact with his body, so he will need a team that provides space for him to use his guile rather than running over people.

Mick Gordon is almost done for me. great bloke yes, but he drops too many bombs for a fullback and just seems to be hurting more than helping when i am watching.

MO is a freak, and Jwall was Enormous in a beaten team. Wallace and Mo and should be heavily commended for how hard they have been working when others seem to have turned it up. as a funny aside, ive never seen someone so good at regathering their own charge down just to comically lose it after pumping out a 50m run. he lost it other night, did same a few weeks ago when he was brought to ground after 40m, and also earlier in season he sort of knocked on / make a huge break for a try that got called back. but he seems to have it on a string for the actual knock down and regather rather than spraying it like most charge downs.

willhelm
29-07-19, 10:12 AM
Watkins is listed at 100 kg on Wikipedia. Not small for a centre by any stretch but agree that he looks like a player who relies on guile rather than sheer physicality. If he can defend well and provide a bit of leadership then he could be a great buy irrespective of attacking ability. Am keen to see more of him as he settles in. He's with us until the end of 2021 I believe.

Titanic Believer
29-07-19, 11:29 AM
I thought he showed a bit of class.

BundyTitan
29-07-19, 12:18 PM
Agreed that he looked really classy and held onto a couple of shocking passes. Plus will take him a few weeks at least to look comfortable.

I suppose we have BK as the brute strength and tackle break guy and then Watkins on the other side with his brains and experience. Best of both worlds.

GCTTSD
29-07-19, 12:43 PM
Just need some good wingers now, we should be scouting Fiji to find the next radrada or sivo, we really lack a big strong fast gamebreaking winger

willhelm
29-07-19, 12:56 PM
Sorry but disagree GCTTSD. While I would love to have a tackle busting winger like Radradra, Vunivalu, Sivo or Koroibete, I don't think we have the support structures or personnel in place to help them adapt. Perhaps in future once we are settled and more stable but right now I think you either need a strong system like Melbourne or a coach like Brad Arthur.