12. Cartwright
13. Hipgrave
14. Rein
15. Whitbread
16. Watkins
17. S. Boyd

BundyTitan
15-07-19, 10:05 AM
9 times out of 10 the team who sacks their coach wins the following week. But geez facing the Storm in that week definitely doesn't make things easy. Somehow that club keeps getting better, only conceding 199 points all year (average of 11 per game). This will test us and let's hope that they wore themselves out in Cam's 400 last week

Toads
15-07-19, 11:08 AM
Oh... sh!t

willhelm
15-07-19, 11:30 AM
Hopefully a few changes this week. I’d like to see:
1. Brimson
2. Sami
3. Kelly
4. Arthars
5. Spry
6. Boyd
7. Roberts
8. Wallace
9. Peats
10. Fotuaika
11. Proctor
12. Cartwright
13. Hipgrave
14. Rein
15. Whitbread
16. Watkins
17. S. Boyd

Mate, I like your team and if Watkins has recovered from his injury and is ready to go, I'd be happy to play him off the bench in a ~20 min second row stint or as a utility in case of a backline injury.

I would make a few changes though:

1. Given Arthars won't be here next year, I see no reason to keep playing him. I think he is a solid defender but have seen little in attack so am not convinced that he is a necessary inclusion, especially with the season gone.
2. Happy to give Spry a debut, though would prefer him at centre with Don on the wing, but am wondering what the hell is going on with Brenko Lee. Surely Brenko would be next cab off the rank for that centre position. He's not a strong defender but offers a lot in attack and surely his defense isn't that bad? What has he done wrong besides not marrying into Garth's family?
3. If Jacks is out injured and Mick is fit, bring him back in at fullback and move Brimson to 5/8 with Tyrone at halfback. I don't know if Tanah Boyd is ready for a debut, though I'm admittedly not an expert on our juniors (would happily cede to mdrew's opinion on this one).
4. Swap Carty and Proctor so that Carty can play on his preferred side in attack. Proctor offers zero in attack but is an immovable object in defence. I realise he has played his whole career defending on the right, but the pros of swapping him and Carty outweigh the cons for me.
5. Whitbread to start at lock with Hipgrave off the bench as impact and energy around the 20 min mark. I'm a big fan of Whitbread and think he will be a lynchpin of our forward pack well into the future, especially since losing Max King (I'm still dirty about this).

DavidBouveng
15-07-19, 01:59 PM
agree with all of that WH - nice post.

Blade07
15-07-19, 03:04 PM
We really lack size. Admittedly we have James and arrow out but we really need to sign a quality front rower with some aggression like Fonua Blake or someone like that.

Upthetits
15-07-19, 05:07 PM
Agree with willhelm, spot on

Mr Bods
16-07-19, 09:18 AM
Am at training
Let’s hope I see a lot better than the tripe I saw a week ago

DavidBouveng
16-07-19, 09:37 AM
i want a nice report mate.

also - for all of the guys who have not been attending lately due to the lack of confidence in the coach and team, lets get back out this week and support the choice to move on Brennan - they need us badly right now. Lets see if the players and us fans can make a positive from the turmoil this week and move on strongly

Mr Bods
16-07-19, 09:48 AM
Will write something without giving much away when I get home

Bayside Titan
16-07-19, 09:55 AM
Michael Gordon back doing full contact at Titans this morning. Rib injury to Ryley Jacks will likely see him come straight back into side with AJ Brimson to partner Tyrone Roberts in the halves. @NRLcom

https://twitter.com/tonywebeck/status/1150912595781492736?s=21

Mr Bods
16-07-19, 10:21 AM
Last week I watched the Gulargambone B grade team train

Today I’m watching an NRL team train

- - - Updated - - -

Michael Gordon back doing full contact at Titans this morning. Rib injury to Ryley Jacks will likely see him come straight back into side with AJ Brimson to partner Tyrone Roberts in the halves. @NRLcom

https://twitter.com/tonywebeck/status/1150912595781492736?s=21

I can confirm this however they’ve trained with many different combinations this morning too.
So wait till this arvo I suggest.

lonegull
16-07-19, 10:38 AM
great to see a bit of a positive step at training

ozynorts
16-07-19, 10:48 AM
Am at training
Let’s hope I see a lot better than the tripe I saw a week ago

Jealous as hell mate, well done on getting down there and reporting back.

Mr Bods
16-07-19, 11:12 AM
Jealous as hell mate, well done on getting down there and reporting back.

I’m on leave this week
I do have a job and unlike our blokes I turn up each day and get it done regardless of the quality of leadership and staff. Just though I’d give myself a wrap.
Anyway It was great to make the most of the Beautiful Morning in the Beautiful City in the Beautiful Club that our players enjoy with top quality facilities where our players enjoy the Beautiful lifestyle where our money affords them better houses and a better calmer place to live than other clubs can offer them

Today I saw
Communication
Accountability
Attention to detail
Errors reduced by maybe 80%
Cohesion
Leadership

I’m not going to go into combinations and game style or who did/didn’t train as this is a public forum

The Storm with their culture driven initially by salary cap cheating can GAGF in case they want intel
Everything they’ve ever achieved is tarnished by being $12million over the cap over a 4 year period

FThem-lets get a famous GC win for the ages this week

I’ll probably go back on Thursday to ensure what I saw this morning is not only backed up but IMPROVED ON!!

ozynorts
16-07-19, 02:34 PM
This is posted on the SuperCoach website. It's the early mail article they do every week about team list Tuesday.

TITANS V STORM
Sunday 21 July, Cbus Super Stadium, 2pm
Titans: Veteran fullback Michael Gordon (blood clot) is back in full training. He is set to come straight back into the side in the No. 1, with AJ Brimson moving to the halves to replace Ryley Jacks (ribs). Shannon Boyd (arm) is also in doubt. Ashley Taylor (personal issues) is set to return via reserve grade. Jai Arrow (ankle) is ahead of schedule and aiming for next week.

Storm: Melbourne’s Origin contingent — Cameron Munster, Will Chambers, Josh Addo-Carr, Felise Kaufusi, Dale Finucane — have had a heavy workload after all backed up for #Cam400. Coach Craig Bellamy has hinted at least some will be rested this week against the lowly Titans, especially given the long travel.
Christian Welch (suspension) will miss one game.

Mr Bods
16-07-19, 02:36 PM
I wonder which QCup team Taylor was allocated to.

DIEHARD
16-07-19, 03:52 PM
Mr Bods, how many fans regularly get to training? What were the numbers like of people watching?

Mr Bods
16-07-19, 03:58 PM
Mr Bods, how many fans regularly get to training? What were the numbers like of people watching?

Not including staff
Last Tuesday would’ve been 3
Today would’ve been maybe 5 and there was a school group of about 30

And both sessions had maybe 3 media watching

mdrew
16-07-19, 04:04 PM
Interesting side that's for sure

BundyTitan
16-07-19, 04:07 PM
Wow Burty and Hodges with a couple of changes this week. Think there's a few people will be happy with (Don has been dropped):

1. Brimson
2. Copley
3. Brenko
4. Kelly
5. Sami
6. Roberts
7. Jacks
8. Wallace
9. Peats
10. Stockwell
11. Proctor
12. Cartwright
13. Whitbread

14. Rein
15. Mo Fotu
16. Latu
17. Stone

A few question marks (like Mo starting on the bench) but happy to give Latu a chance to pick his game up and Lee returning is a good call with Copley back to the wing

NZFan
16-07-19, 04:08 PM
I wonder which QCup team Taylor was allocated to.

I remember reading somewhere it was Tweed. Could be wrong though. Interesting as he will be taking Jack's 7 jersey there and he has been playing well for them

TitansState
16-07-19, 04:09 PM
I'm just gonna assume that the reason for Mo being benched is that we are so thin on forwards the coaches think having Stockwell on the bench would provide no impact whatsoever.

JunctionBlock
16-07-19, 04:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/oWP0uer.png

DIEHARD
16-07-19, 04:11 PM
Sam Stone to make Titans debut in new look side
Titans.com.au

New recruit Sam Stone has today been named on the interchange bench to make his Titans NRL debut against the Melbourne Storm at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday.

Stone joined the club from Newcastle before the June 30 deadline, and after a couple of games for Burleigh Bears has this week been named in the top grade for what will be his 19th career NRL appearance.

Interim coaches Craig Hodges and Luke Burt have made a number of changes to the side, including Brenko Lee being named at centre for his first appearance since Round 2, with Dale Copley shifting to the wing and Anthony Don dropping out of the side.

Veteran fullback Michael Gordon has been named on the interchange bench after recovering from a blood-clot injury in the place of Mitch Rein and prop forward Leilani Latu will make his first appearance of season 2019 with Shannon Boyd missing the match due to a shoulder injury.

BundyTitan
16-07-19, 04:12 PM
I'm just gonna assume that the reason for Mo being benched is that we are so thin on forwards the coaches think having Stockwell on the bench would provide no impact whatsoever.

Reckon that may be it. Stockwell to start and absorb it early and then Mo comes on to add a bit of punch before and after halftime

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely fuming that I can't go to this one because of work but anyone that has the day free, let's get out there and give the boys something to play in front of.

Mr Bods
16-07-19, 04:12 PM
I remember reading somewhere it was Tweed. Could be wrong though. Interesting as he will be taking Jack's 7 jersey there and he has been playing well for them

Was hoping Tweed as they are struggling a bit and it means Taylor needs to lead and he will have to work too. Plus the game being played in the outback could be good for the soul too.

JunctionBlock
16-07-19, 04:14 PM
Latu getting a call up. That'll be a laugh. Rein dropped, probably not for long when Jacks is dropped, AJ to halfs and Gordon to the back. Probably need an outside back in the reserves for Copleys half a game and still no Watkins. Money well spent so far.

DavidBouveng
16-07-19, 04:16 PM
wonder if Mo will come on and then stay on. half time can be his spell.

glad they made a few changes, although i wonder how much is Mals influence here.

Mr Bods
16-07-19, 04:16 PM
I liked what I saw of Latu at training. I was thinking as I watched him what a waste to have such a big pure athlete not in the firsts

TitansState
16-07-19, 04:18 PM
still no Watkins. Money well spent so far.

From Fox Sports today, "Tyrone Peachey remains out of contention with a pectoral injury, while confusion over Kallum Watkins’ visa continues."

JunctionBlock
16-07-19, 04:18 PM
It would also appear that Melbourne have chosen us as the easy beats and rested all their origin players.

https://i.imgur.com/C7vlPQK.png

BundyTitan
16-07-19, 04:19 PM
I liked what I saw of Latu at training. I was thinking as I watched him what a waste to have such a big pure athlete not in the firsts

I remember when he first came here he was in the talks for Origin. Willing to give him another chance and hopefully he has a solid game and keeps himself in there.

DavidBouveng
16-07-19, 04:25 PM
Bellamy already doing us favours. Cheers Craig.

BundyTitan
16-07-19, 04:26 PM
Bellamy doing some early favours before next year ;)

NZFan
16-07-19, 04:46 PM
Glad to see Don finally dropped. Not a strong team on paper but it does look like a team that will dig in and have a decent crack. Weren't they saying that Jacks was going to miss 3-4 weeks?

BundyTitan
16-07-19, 05:07 PM
Yeah I'm thinking Gordon will go to 1, Brimmo to 6 and Rein to 14 later in the week

GCTTSD
16-07-19, 06:26 PM
Interesting to see twin named at 9 for tweed, while Boyd is 18th and not named for Burleigh, could he come in for jacks on the bench with Gordon starting at FB then shifting to wing when Boyd comes on

ja4220
16-07-19, 07:28 PM
Was hoping Tweed as they are struggling a bit and it means Taylor needs to lead and he will have to work too. Plus the game being played in the outback could be good for the soul too.

Plus we don’t want him at Burleigh ;) We are going good :)

Mr Bods
16-07-19, 07:47 PM
Teams have been named
No Taylor

Mexican titan
16-07-19, 08:04 PM
What a joke this all is and I'm over it. Just tired of it. One drama after another and until we win games my membership is finished. They will not be conning me again just because some changes have been made, yet again, off the field. Winning is all that matters now and it's a shame the list of coaches we could get contain no one that we really need. I just hope whoever gets hit on the dartboard measures up as I thought Brennan would have. We just continue to shuffle the deckchairs on the Titanic.

I have a hard choice this weekend - either attend what will be one of the remaining few times I attend a Titans match in the near future or stay home and watch the Manly v Parra match, which I would miss the first half if I go to the Titans game. I've never even given this situation thought in the past but like many, the continual BS drama has worn me out. I think I have had too many beers.

I admire you Bods for attending training. Parkwood is 5 minutes from me and I have attended training in the past but it takes a brave man to go these days.

Dooldog76
17-07-19, 06:50 AM
I think putting latu in the team is a death knell for him. It will be a perform or perish situation. Because honestly, he is just taking up cap space and a top 30 spot in the squad.

shamus
17-07-19, 07:10 AM
What a joke this all is and I'm over it. Just tired of it. One drama after another and until we win games my membership is finished. They will not be conning me again just because some changes have been made, yet again, off the field. Winning is all that matters now and it's a shame the list of coaches we could get contain no one that we really need. I just hope whoever gets hit on the dartboard measures up as I thought Brennan would have. We just continue to shuffle the deckchairs on the Titanic.

I have a hard choice this weekend - either attend what will be one of the remaining few times I attend a Titans match in the near future or stay home and watch the Manly v Parra match, which I would miss the first half if I go to the Titans game. I've never even given this situation thought in the past but like many, the continual BS drama has worn me out. I think I have had too many beers.

I admire you Bods for attending training. Parkwood is 5 minutes from me and I have attended training in the past but it takes a brave man to go these days.

C'mon MT. I spat the dummy the other week and said never again. Record Manly (I am) and pop down to the game. If what Bodsie says is true about the effort at training maybe we will be in for a cracker. Win or lose, if I see the effort then I will see out the year.

JunctionBlock
17-07-19, 07:10 AM
I think putting latu in the team is a death knell for him. It will be a perform or perish situation. Because honestly, he is just taking up cap space and a top 30 spot in the squad.

This is what worries me about offering him a chance. He doesn't deserve it. Next year is his last contracted year and we should be moving heaven and earth to move him to SL, not giving him a chance to perform in a couple of games so he isn't moved on prematurely.

Dooldog76
17-07-19, 07:14 AM
This is what worries me about offering him a chance. He doesn't deserve it. Next year is his last contracted year and we should be moving heaven and earth to move him to SL, not giving him a chance to perform in a couple of games so he isn't moved on prematurely.
Agree, but he's going to have to be man of the match for that to happen. Can't really see that happening despite Bodsie's observations. He's been on the gravy train too long.

Bayside Titan
17-07-19, 07:29 AM
Just a question do the Super League have rule re the certain amount of NRL games a player has to play to be eligible to go to SL ? Maybe Latu / Stockwell getting there games up ??

Mr Bods
17-07-19, 09:02 AM
I’ll probably go again tomorrow to training but it will be the last one I can attend this season.
Yesterday the lads had no idea who was going to be picked.
Tomorrow now the team is picked I want to see if the same quality and spirit right across the squad (picked in NRL or not) is applied again.
There’s no doubt that the Storm efforts at training will be professional. So what I saw on Tuesday needs to be as good or even better.

I still think the quality is there in our roster for a Coach who can actually Coach to get consistent wins.
Time for these overpaid blokes to do what the rest of us that live here do everyday

Work hard
Play hard
Enjoy and appreciate our environment
And Have pride in what we do

I have no doubt all of you blokes live that way
We produce so many world class people across all endeavours academic, cultural, individual sports

It’s time our team sportsmen get with the program

ozynorts
17-07-19, 12:28 PM
Just a question do the Super League have rule re the certain amount of NRL games a player has to play to be eligible to go to SL ? Maybe Latu / Stockwell getting there games up ??

Yes I do believe that there is a minimum number of NRL games in that season they have to play to fulfil the visa criteria.
Essentially they have to be regular first graders to qualify for a visa. I remember this being a sticking point in the discussion around Mannah when it looked like he was leaving the Eels.

https://www.visalogic.net/uk/visa-requirements-for-rugby-league/4/170

TitansState
17-07-19, 12:35 PM
Some appreciated honesty from Craig about the teams performances in this article. Tired of hearing the same thing every week so found some of this a bit refreshing.

Gold Coast Titans co-coach Craig Hodges talks about NRL team changes for Melbourne Storm clash
Connor O’Brien, @obrien_GCB, Gold Coast Bulletin

Hodges said all aspects are under the microscope as to what can be improved.

“The cold hard facts are that we haven’t been getting the performances that we wanted so if we just stuck with what we were doing it’s probably insanity to think that we are going to get any change,” he said.

“There’s a few things that have been changed: We have changed some personnel, we have changed a little bit of the style and technique we are going to play, we have changed some of the mentality, we have changed a little bit of the way we train.

“We have added some young guys to have a look at them at the back part of the year to see how they stand up moving forward and we’ve given some guys an opportunity that haven’t had much opportunity during the year again to see what they bring to the team.”

Hodges added he and Burt will continue to select teams with the future in mind: “Yeah absolutely and there will potentially be more of that to come.

“Maybe the team doesn’t need more skill and experience at the moment, maybe the team needs some energy and enthusiasm and they certainly bring that, these young guys.”

“To start with, we require more effort. That simply hasn’t been there and I know that sounds poor for an NRL side but that’s why we are where we are,” he said.

“We have tweaked some stuff that we think can work a little bit better and can suit the actual personnel that we have got in the side a little bit better.

“First impressions are that it went down well with the playing group, they seemed excited by it and they threw themselves into it feet first so we’ll see what sort of response we can get from it.”

lonegull
17-07-19, 12:56 PM
breath of fresh air that article

JunctionBlock
17-07-19, 01:10 PM
Is Hipgrave injured?

Mr Bods
17-07-19, 01:52 PM
Is Hipgrave injured?

Yes but I don’t know what the injury is
He looks fit as a fiddle

gotitans101_
17-07-19, 02:06 PM
Is Hipgrave injured?

Wish we kept Burr over Hipgrave. I was a huge critic of Burr when he was here but he's slotted into the Warriors side really well.

JunctionBlock
17-07-19, 02:18 PM
Wish we kept Burr over Hipgrave. I was a huge critic of Burr when he was here but he's slotted into the Warriors side really well.

Seems to have got the whole dropping the ball every second hit up out of his game.

DavidBouveng
17-07-19, 05:25 PM
Burr left 4-5 years ago or something didn't he? We could only make decisions based on how he was performing, not what he would do after spending a few years at canterbury and then at warriors.

He is essentially the Warriors version of Arrow, but less injured.

ozynorts
17-07-19, 07:42 PM
Good article, like what I am hearing. Seems to back up what Bods saw at training.

Mr Bods
18-07-19, 10:07 AM
Training today was pretty tense when it needed to be. Could have been a bit crisper. There were a couple of guys not here that surprised me as I’m not aware they have an injury
One player who is outside of the 17 left with I think a hamstring issue. Probably won’t be playing QCup now.

Hodges very much the boss
Mal is going around having individual chats and seems to have a calming affect

You can tell some of our players are pretty angry and others probably don’t quite have their head around where we are at

All in all I’m looking forward to Sunday but won’t be placing a wager

DavidBouveng
18-07-19, 10:14 AM
Training today was pretty tense when it needed to be. Could have been a bit crisper. There were a couple of guys not here that surprised me as I’m not aware they have an injury
One player who is outside of the 17 left with I think a hamstring issue. Probably won’t be playing QCup now.

Hodges very much the boss
Mal is going around having individual chats and seems to have a calming affect

You can tell some of our players are pretty angry and others probably don’t quite have their head around where we are at

All in all I’m looking forward to Sunday but won’t be placing a wager

i imagine Hodges is much more advanced as he has coached teams before whereas Burt is more a support to coaches i think so this makes sense i think. Hope they have a great relationship and make the most of this time in charge.

how do you mean angry / dont have head around? interesting

mdrew
18-07-19, 10:38 AM
Thanks Bods your insights have been great.

Titslover
18-07-19, 10:39 AM
Why can’t you say who the injured player was Bodsy? It was a public training session and if he’s injured I’m sure it will be known to the public soon, I don’t see any issue with saying who it is? Just curious because if it’s Rein then Tanah could be looking at a debut.

Mr Bods
18-07-19, 11:35 AM
i imagine Hodges is much more advanced as he has coached teams before whereas Burt is more a support to coaches i think so this makes sense i think. Hope they have a great relationship and make the most of this time in charge.

how do you mean angry / dont have head around? interesting

There were those in the drills that were really aggressively backing up the Coach and even using very colourful language to ensure that the game simulation was being done to perfection whereas I think some of the younger fellas were not quite feeling the shock and awe of the coach sacking/media calling for our closure double whammy.

It’s just my own subjective judgement.

- - - Updated - - -

Why can’t you say who the injured player was Bodsy? It was a public training session and if he’s injured I’m sure it will be known to the public soon, I don’t see any issue with saying who it is? Just curious because if it’s Rein then Tanah could be looking at a debut.

Yeah ok-fair enough. Arthurs was the one who came off with an leg soft tissue issue . It didn’t look like a shocking tear, it may fall more into the “tightness” category but regardless I doubt he will appear for BURLEIGH now.

I’m back at work next week so that’s it for me with going to training.
They definitely in my opinion need a closed to the public session at the stadium where they really lock in a siege mentality for Sunday.

NZFan
18-07-19, 11:48 AM
Nice insights Bods. Hopefully the younger ones are just soaking up what the senior players are saying. I must say that I have been impressed with Hodges since Brennan has left. His media conference was very concise and he didn't use any throw away catch phrases that we have been attuned too. Together with the changes that have been made this week have ben a breath of fresh air.

Bayside Titan
18-07-19, 12:02 PM
For mine Tanah Boyd looked good in the Yellow team. Jacks trained freely and Latu looked energetic at times. Mal watched everything that was going on and spoke to a few blokes after just to give advice to. Ezra Howe was involved in the sessions as were Burt , Hodges and Phillips. I liked the look of Watkins , he seemed to move freely as well. As Bods said there was some pretty colourful words used by players and staff. I went to a training session early in the year and this session was completely different. Plenty of guys did some extras Peats, Aj , Hipgrave , Stockwell just to name a few.

BundyTitan
18-07-19, 12:53 PM
@Cody_KayeFOX

Dale Copley very strong on how much more intensity there's been at training since Brennan was sacked...

That's a hell of an admission that @GCTitans Titans players weren't playing for the coach, or buying into his methods. They seem genuinely relieved.

JunctionBlock
18-07-19, 01:16 PM
For mine Tanah Boyd looked good in the Yellow team. Jacks trained freely and Latu looked energetic at times. Mal watched everything that was going on and spoke to a few blokes after just to give advice to. Ezra Howe was involved in the sessions as were Burt , Hodges and Phillips. I liked the look of Watkins , he seemed to move freely as well. As Bods said there was some pretty colourful words used by players and staff. I went to a training session early in the year and this session was completely different. Plenty of guys did some extras Peats, Aj , Hipgrave , Stockwell just to name a few.

How did Bods look?

Mr Bods
18-07-19, 01:16 PM
How did Bods look?

Ha ha I can’t wait for BT’s reply

JunctionBlock
18-07-19, 01:24 PM
Watkins training with issues on his visa could see him deported. Probably tomorrows headline.

Mr Bods
18-07-19, 02:28 PM
There was a guy at training today coaching the B Team and he was so intense and impressive in getting the standards up especially defensively.I just figured out who it was

Jim Lenihan-he’s friggin awesome

mdrew
18-07-19, 02:31 PM
Looking forward to Sam Stone’s debut I think supporters will be pleasantly surprised.

willhelm
18-07-19, 02:34 PM
Looking forward to Sam Stone’s debut I think supporters will be pleasantly surprised.

Any idea why he hadn't been able to crack the Knights 17?

mdrew
18-07-19, 02:39 PM
Style of play mate he did not suit the way Brown has taken the side.

Any idea why he hadn't been able to crack the Knights 17?

willhelm
18-07-19, 02:45 PM
Style of play mate he did not suit the way Brown has taken the side.

Cheers mate. Can you be more specific? Defensive issues? Doesn’t fit in to attacking structures?

mdrew
18-07-19, 02:47 PM
Defence definitely not an issue did not fit well in attack especially with Fitzgibbon preferred by Brown.

Cheers mate. Can you be more specific? Defensive issues? Doesn’t fit in to attacking structures?

willhelm
18-07-19, 03:26 PM
Great to hear, thanks mdrew.

Bayside Titan
18-07-19, 04:45 PM
How did Bods look?

Hahahhaha. Not sure mate. Couldn’t work out who he was.

Mr Bods
18-07-19, 04:59 PM
Hahahhaha. Not sure mate. Couldn’t work out who he was.

My cover still hasn’t been blown then

Bayside Titan
18-07-19, 11:04 PM
My cover still hasn’t been blown then

Hahahha. Nah. Worked out who you were now mate.

DIEHARD
19-07-19, 01:30 AM
I'm enjoying Mr Bod's and BT's training updates. Thanks for taking the time to attend and post.

DIEHARD
19-07-19, 01:32 AM
http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/IMG_8399.jpg
http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/IMG_8400.jpg
http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/IMG_8401.jpg

JunctionBlock
19-07-19, 09:44 AM
Gold Coast Titans vs Melbourne Storm, Sunday 2:00pm (Cbus Super Stadium)
The Titans are expecting to be without Ryley Jacks due to a rib injury, which will see AJ Brimson shift to the halves and Michael Gordon make his long-waited return at fullback. Dale Copley and Jack Stockwell are also in doubt and must pass concussion protocols to take their place in the side. Coach Brennan is also a massive out, so it will be interesting to see how the minutes and game plan change moving forward, particularly with Jai Arrow eyeing a return next round. Players have already claimed an increased intensity at training this week in the wake of Brennan’s departure.

As much as I would love to see Joe Stimson run out in the halves as named on Tuesday, it is expected that Jahrome Hughes will partner Brodie Croft with Ryan Papanhuyzen to start at fullback, Stimson to the edge and Kamikamica to take his usual place on the interchange.

Titslover
20-07-19, 11:14 AM
Hasn’t Jacks been training fine all week? If so do we expect Gordon to actually play off the bench? Or maybe Tanah will come in for him?

Mr Bods
20-07-19, 11:17 AM
Hasn’t Jacks been training fine all week? If so do we expect Gordon to actually play off the bench? Or maybe Tanah will come in for him?

I’m not sure if Jacks will play or not. He was moving just fine but wasn’t full Contact. So we need to wait and see.

Jacks will play

Titslover
20-07-19, 02:38 PM
I’m not sure if Jacks will play or not. He was moving just fine but wasn’t full Contact. So we need to wait and see.

Jacks will play

NRL.com is saying that Jacks has been cleared to play. It will be really interesting to see what they do with Gordon now

Mr Bods
20-07-19, 07:43 PM
Rein was in the 17 for Seagulls tonight but got no game time

Titslover
20-07-19, 07:59 PM
Rein was in the 17 for Seagulls tonight but got no game time

That’s strange, any other news on the Seagulls game mate? Ash scored the first try for them and they won comfortably which would be great for his confidence, hopefully he set a few tries up as well.

Mr Bods
20-07-19, 08:01 PM
That’s strange, any other news on the Seagulls game mate? Ash scored the first try for them and they won comfortably which would be great for his confidence, hopefully he set a few tries up as well.

No I’m just going off some basic stats that were put up on the QCup website

JunctionBlock
20-07-19, 08:41 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jeuMGa8.png

Titanic
21-07-19, 12:21 PM
Will watch the replay at some stage with lukewarm interest. A broken team against an insulting “B” team selection from the competition leader does nothing for me. I’m over the incessant griping, innuendo and speculation on several fronts.

willhelm
21-07-19, 01:14 PM
I suspect that this will backfire spectacularly, but I tipped us for an upset.

Bayside Titan
21-07-19, 01:34 PM
Good crowd coming in today.

SCoast Titan
21-07-19, 01:52 PM
Field is look great in the western corner

JunctionBlock
21-07-19, 02:23 PM
I suspect that this will backfire spectacularly, but I tipped us for an upset.

I did too but I'm on a perfect round so I changed it to Storm. Usually when I do this I get it wrong, fingers crossed.

5 Year Contract
21-07-19, 02:40 PM
Hodges and Burt saying they werent looking at changing much for this game. FFS is it some kind of magical exosystem within the club where no one can see what is wrong? What we have been doing all year hasnt worked. How many more times can we see Proctor get the ball wide on the 4th with no tackle break? how many times do we watch out backs come in to create an overlap for the opposition. For ****s sake can someone have the balls to implement some change in this team! Im ****ing just so god damn tired of this

- - - Updated - - -

Its overly apparent the defensive mis-reads that have been with Lee his whole career are still as bad as ever. he is constantly coming in and giving an overlap. I wouldnt be signing him next year

JunctionBlock
21-07-19, 02:44 PM
Good to see us crossing the line. Starting to forget what that looked like.

Mr Bods
21-07-19, 02:59 PM
Our defence just does my head in

NZFan
21-07-19, 03:01 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Its overly apparent the defensive mis-reads that have been with Lee his whole career are still as bad as ever. he is constantly coming in and giving an overlap. I wouldnt be signing him next year

Copley is the same. It seems like you can't coach it out if them as it is an instinctive thing. I'd be very disappointed if we re-signed Lee

- - - Updated - - -

Would be good if Stone got a run in the back row

5 Year Contract
21-07-19, 03:10 PM
Copley is the same. It seems like you can't coach it out if them as it is an instinctive thing. I'd be very disappointed if we re-signed Lee

- - - Updated - - -

Would be good if Stone got a run in the back row

Agreed although in Copleys case he only averages 13 games a season anyway so I was gobsmacked we resigned him last time anyway.

Ausphin
21-07-19, 03:11 PM
I am more confident in Taylor coming back and finding top form than I am in Tyrone Roberts being the answer to anything, let alone captain.

Yes, Jai Arrow resigning is vital and want to lock up AJ & Mo, but this team only goes as far as our halves. Unfortunately not many answers out there.

gotitans101_
21-07-19, 03:17 PM
What was Peats doing?

lonegull
21-07-19, 03:21 PM
I got to ask but what does Jack offer, I have watched him closely the last few games and after coming out of the storm system and some of the comments on the forum about him he hasn’t shown me anything that I can say is impressive

gotitans101_
21-07-19, 03:21 PM
I got to ask but what does Jack offer, I have watched him closely the last few games and after coming out of the storm system and some of the comments on the forum about him he hasn’t shown me anything that I can say is impressive

Neither, rubbish defender too. Him and Brenko, what could go wrong?

JunctionBlock
21-07-19, 03:29 PM
Holy ****, when the pass is so forward that even Cam smith turns around to see it called back but then gets the play on and they gift him a try.

gotitans101_
Turned it off

BundyTitan
Tyrone Roberts is a joke agin. His defence today has been atoricious

mdrew
21-07-19, 03:30 PM
AJ Brimson hurt! Him and Mo have been very good AGAIN!

5 Year Contract
21-07-19, 03:33 PM
Neither, rubbish defender too. Him and Brenko, what could go wrong?

Jacks is a waste of time. Offers nothing in attack or defence. If Boyd is still too young to give the debut to then its give Ash 7 games to prove he wants to play.

- - - Updated - - -

While a few player seemed to get the message nothing ive seen today has shown we are taking this "reading the riot act" "players on notice" seriously. These players dont give a **** and either do I. Flat out sitting through a full game and doubt ill be tuning in too much for the rest of the year.

BundyTitan
21-07-19, 03:35 PM
I've turned off and feel like turning off on this team full time. The coach might change but the lack of effort and basic football smarts doesn't ever seem to change

mdrew
21-07-19, 03:36 PM
I have been surprised by the lack of intensity by some players today, such as chasing kicks etc very surprising

JunctionBlock
21-07-19, 03:40 PM
This was a good litmus test for a "fired up" "on notice" team. The pinnacle team of this years NRL gave you their B team to play. We couldn't even come close to challenging them. Speaks volumes for how in trouble we are for the next couple of years till our new coach gets the team they want.

5 Year Contract
21-07-19, 03:41 PM
I have been surprised by the lack of intensity by some players today, such as chasing kicks etc very surprising

agree! we seem to be 3 steps behind competing for any of our attacking kicks.

Mr Bods
21-07-19, 03:42 PM
What’s wrong with AJ?

BundyTitan
Not wrong mdrew. I don't think any of us expected a full turn around and for us to be world beaters but I thought for sure we would show plenty of effort and at least get the fundamentals right. Will this team ever change

mdrew
Hip mate, bruised from a heavy tackle

What’s wrong with AJ?

5 Year Contract
21-07-19, 03:45 PM
God I wished we had guaranteed portions of contracts like the NFL with performance incentives built in. This team needs to be torn down and re-built from scratch. A huge part of our roster just taking up space and taking the piss each week with their performance. No pride in the jersey.

JunctionBlock
What’s wrong with AJ?

Gone into the sheds. Ice on the hip after he got the knees or legs into the hip when he got caught in goal earlier. Done for the day.

Mr Bods
Hip mate, bruised from a heavy tackle

Thanks mdrew

JunctionBlock
21-07-19, 03:48 PM
God I wished we had guaranteed portions of contracts like the NFL with performance incentives built in. This team needs to be torn down and re-built from scratch. A huge part of our roster just taking up space and taking the piss each week with their performance. No pride in the jersey.

100% agreed

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully a new team will be announced for next week and this weeks riff raff is dropped and new blood is given a chance. Only hope we have now in going forward is for change.

lonegull
21-07-19, 03:50 PM
This was a good litmus test for a "fired up" "on notice" team. The pinnacle team of this years NRL gave you their B team to play. We couldn't even come close to challenging them. Speaks volumes for how in trouble we are for the next couple of years till our new coach gets the team they want.

Well said

Ausphin
21-07-19, 04:05 PM
For me the last 8 rounds are about finding out exactly what we have and I am hope we will rotate players through for the rest of the year.

From our squad, those who have it-

AJ
Kelly
Arrow
Wallace (not a star but last 5 weeks has given effort and happy for him to be a forward option)
Taylor (lot to prove, but near his best definite keeper)
James
Mo
Whitbread (really impressed with energy and workload)

Those who don't-

Peachey
Stockwell
Lee
Roberts
Jacks
Boyd (Shannon)
Matthews

Servicable, but could definitely upgrade-

Peats
Rein
Copley
Don
Proctor

Want to see more of-

Stone (worked hard today)
Tanah Boyd
Callum Watkins
Spry
Latu

Undecided-

Cartwright
Hipgrave

mdrew
21-07-19, 05:11 PM
Good to see Hodges call out the fact that players today simply did not do their jobs and that the effort was no good enough in relation to chasing kicks etc.

lonegull
21-07-19, 05:13 PM
Good to see Hodges call out the fact that players today simply did not do their jobs and that the effort was no good enough in relation to chasing kicks etc.

Finally putting some onus back onto the players and making them accountable

Mr Bods
21-07-19, 05:19 PM
In the AFL this year there has been 3 coach sackings and the players have immediately responded with complete form and enthusiasm reversals

We got only about ten mins and they then lost their endeavour

I’m out of ideas.
Good Luck Hodges and Meninga with this lot.
Maybe try hypnosis???

GCTTSD
21-07-19, 05:28 PM
Maybe actually dropping players will change things

Mr Bods
21-07-19, 05:42 PM
Maybe actually dropping players will change things

He did though, otherwise we wouldn’t have had Gordon, Lee, Stone and Latu playing today

NZFan
21-07-19, 07:10 PM
I was pretty damn disappointed from what I saw from Sami today. I wouldn't keep a single winger that we have if it was up to me. Thought Latu was much improved from the little of what we have seen so far

Mexican titan
21-07-19, 07:46 PM
I was pretty damn disappointed from what I saw from Sami today. I wouldn't keep a single winger that we have if it was up to me. Thought Latu was much improved from the little of what we have seen so far

To be frank I haven't seen much in Sami at any time. We were so pathetic again today I don't really mean to specifically disagree with your comment on Latu but I thought he was fat and has obviously not worked hard while playing QCup. What a joke signing he is.

To add to what others have said about the players and who we should keep, the only obvious ones for me are AJ, Kelly, Arrow and Mo. The rest should be told to negotiate if they can do better. To watch the Storm blokes run hard today at gaps was great to watch, as bad as it was for us. Our blokes are an uncommitted rabble. I also cannot fathom why Gordon didn't just play FB and push AJ into the halves. Jacks has not offered one thing in any game I have seen, in fact he is the invisible man.
I cannot wait for the season and my membership to end.

Upthetits
21-07-19, 07:55 PM
We know the players we have are not good enough. Give every other kid a crack in the 30 man squad. Lets see whos decent, who we can work with. Move forward with, and who we can move on.

GCTTSD
21-07-19, 08:18 PM
I wanna see guys like spry and Boyd given a go, jacks is useless and Roberts is average at best and should not be in our long term plans lettalone captain. I'd be playing him off the bench till he leaves like when Henry was coach

Titan68
21-07-19, 08:28 PM
GCTTSD , if Roberts left , Ash wouldn’t cope. WAIT !!!! , we could get rid of both of them

Titanic
21-07-19, 10:33 PM
Glad I didn’t waste one minute of my time watching.

Whats Doing
22-07-19, 02:21 AM
Me either Titanic. Thank god I am overseas and away from the mess

Titanic Believer
22-07-19, 06:41 AM
I knew that at 12 up we were in for a flogging. Our best strategy is to lull the opposition into a false sense of security then have us score a few quick points at the end so the score looks competitive.��

NZFan
22-07-19, 09:36 AM
Watching Manly's game yesterday you can definitely see the clear difference that it makes when you chase kicks. A couple of people on here mentioned that it was poor from us over the weekend but the fact is that has been happening all year and most of last. It is a real pet peeve of mine when players don't chase hard and I reckon that is how Brennan coached them - to take the safe option and hold a flat line. Tat tactic really gets you nowhere though. Better off competing and putting pressure on the opposition players

Dooldog76
22-07-19, 06:24 PM
Watching Manly's game yesterday you can definitely see the clear difference that it makes when you chase kicks. A couple of people on here mentioned that it was poor from us over the weekend but the fact is that has been happening all year and most of last. It is a real pet peeve of mine when players don't chase hard and I reckon that is how Brennan coached them - to take the safe option and hold a flat line. Tat tactic really gets you nowhere though. Better off competing and putting pressure on the opposition players

Totally. I miss bull Bailey and all the 1% w/o r k he would put in.

Mr Bods
22-07-19, 06:42 PM
It just sucks being us. There is no fix. It’s entirely up to our players now to get us out of this S**t Sandwich.
From what I can tell our club and coaching staff can not do anything more to help and resource them.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve been frustrated with our kick chase all year. Now from watching our team yesterday more closely I’m convinced that it’s deliberate that the coach wants us to run in a flat line and sacrifice pressure.
Fullbacks and wingers must love playing us.

Irregs16
23-07-19, 01:16 AM
without trawling through all the threads, how come Watkins hasn't played yet?

Titanic
23-07-19, 01:45 AM
corrected to visa issues ... the injury is to my heartlidge

Upthetits
23-07-19, 05:47 AM
I heard visa issues, not entirely sure

BundyTitan
23-07-19, 07:18 AM
Yeah Visa issues and trying to sort it out. Says he will play as soon as it is resolved

JunctionBlock
23-07-19, 07:42 AM

Yep, visa issues and a local MP has now come out saying it needs to be fast tracked. Not sure why we rushed him over here when he couldn't play. He missed out on his send off in the UK because of this.

willhelm
23-07-19, 07:55 AM
I think the trade deadline was preventing that anyway, JB.

JunctionBlock
23-07-19, 08:04 AM
I think the trade deadline was preventing that anyway, JB.

Very good point you make. Seems like it's been a double failure. We pay and can't play him and he misses out on a send off from a crowd that has appreciated him.

JunctionBlock
23-07-19, 04:43 PM
Anyone get more than two paragraphs past Mals email on Monday?

Mexican titan
23-07-19, 04:52 PM
Anyone get more than two paragraphs past Mals email on Monday?

It got slightly better but at the start I really couldn't believe what I was reading. I was thinking of posting it here but I just deleted it instead. After reading it I felt more depressed rather than uplifted. Maybe Mal doesn't get it either, but then again he has only been exposed to 6 months of this crap and not years like most of us.

Mr Bods
23-07-19, 04:57 PM
Mal just reiterated everything Hodges said in post game interviews.

DavidBouveng
24-07-19, 06:29 PM
For me the last 8 rounds are about finding out exactly what we have and I am hope we will rotate players through for the rest of the year.

From our squad, those who have it-

AJ
Kelly
Arrow
Wallace (not a star but last 5 weeks has given effort and happy for him to be a forward option)
Taylor (lot to prove, but near his best definite keeper)
James
Mo
Whitbread (really impressed with energy and workload)

Those who don't-

Peachey
Stockwell
Lee
Roberts
Jacks
Boyd (Shannon)
Matthews

Servicable, but could definitely upgrade-

Peats
Rein
Copley
Don
Proctor

Want to see more of-

Stone (worked hard today)
Tanah Boyd
Callum Watkins
Spry
Latu

Undecided-

Cartwright
Hipgrave

ooh i was almost 100% on board with every single player till i saw cartright. i have him in the keep category personally but otherwise the list is perfect from my persepective