PDA

View Full Version : Round 17: PANTHERS vs TITANS

DIEHARD
29-06-19, 12:55 PM
PANTHERS vs TITANS
FRIDAY 12TH JULY, 6:00pm, Panthers Stadium

DIEHARD
29-06-19, 06:11 PM
Well a lot can and must change in two weeks time...

JunctionBlock
29-06-19, 06:19 PM
Panthers by 50. Peachey MOM for the Panthers.

TITAN PETE
29-06-19, 07:03 PM
Peachy will have the game of his life against us in this match

DIEHARD
29-06-19, 07:10 PM
Peachy will have the game of his life against us in this match

Oh damn it!!! :fist:

Bayside Titan
08-07-19, 10:25 AM
Will Watkins replace Arthurs at all ? Or drop Don and Jesse on the wing ? Does Peachy sit out again ?

Mr Bods
08-07-19, 05:37 PM
Will Watkins replace Arthurs at all ? Or drop Don and Jesse on the wing ? Does Peachy sit out again ?

I think he needs to be here as a 2nd Rower myself and not a Centre.
Maybe experiment with Cartwright at Lock again?

If successful then Arrow can return to the team as a Prop.

Mr Bods
09-07-19, 10:11 AM
I just went to training and I need to choose my words carefully as I’m a member of the club and my identity is pretty well known

All I’ll say is I saw nothing that made me think that our onfield results and performances are about to improve

Titslover
09-07-19, 10:37 AM
I just went to training and I need to choose my words carefully as I’m a member of the club and my identity is pretty well known

All I’ll say is I saw nothing that made me think that our onfield results and performances are about to improve

That doesn’t sound promising bodsy. What position was Watkins training at?

Mr Bods
09-07-19, 10:50 AM
He was training at Centre with what looked like to me the B Team and honestly I hardly noticed him out there

JunctionBlock
09-07-19, 11:55 AM
So we aren't subscribers to the "Train hard, play easy" methodology?

Mr Bods
09-07-19, 12:08 PM
So we aren't subscribers to the "Train hard, play easy" methodology?

It wasn’t like they didn’t train hard. I’m not saying that at all.

JunctionBlock
09-07-19, 05:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/QKPzekx.png

I guess the rumours were correct. Brennan had nothing to do with the Watkins signing.

Hard luck Jesse.

And just recapping. Peachey still isn't taking the field with his "injury". Burn his contract now.

Upthetits
09-07-19, 05:50 PM
Was at the game with my 4yo son so missed alot of it....did arthars do alot wrong?

JunctionBlock
09-07-19, 06:19 PM
Was at the game with my 4yo son so missed alot of it....did arthars do alot wrong?

No. I think Brennan is just bringing back the players that were injured that allowed him his start.

GCTTSD
09-07-19, 06:45 PM
I'd rather we play arthars, Lee, spry etc instead of copely and don, both of them are average at best, both inconsistent and not getting any better, our seasons over why not give the young kids a chance, look at the broncos, how a bit of youth and enthusiasm can spark a side

Titslover
09-07-19, 07:46 PM
I don't understand dropping Arthars to keep in Sami, who had a pathetic tackle attempt against Manly. And don't get me started on Stockwell starting and Wallace at lock..

JunctionBlock
09-07-19, 08:05 PM
I don't understand dropping Arthars to keep in Sami, who had a pathetic tackle attempt against Manly. And don't get me started on Stockwell starting and Wallace at lock..

Sami seemed to still be playing injured too. Definitely wasn't 100%

BundyTitan
10-07-19, 06:16 AM
Well now we have our answer on why Jesse was dropped as he is leaving next season. Seems very strange he actually keeps Sami in the team though as Brennan is clearly not a fan of Phil.

Also it seems if anyone needs career advice on how to find a job, just marry the boss' niece and you apparently get a free run. Seriously this guy is a plodder and he's our starting front rower. And don't even start me on Peachey the heartless grub, piss him off for the rest of the year as far as I'm concerned. Oh well still hoping for a win but definitely not going in confident.

JunctionBlock
10-07-19, 07:19 AM
Funny thing about Peachey was when the team list dropped, he was named at 18. Then it updated and he was out. Maybe his pec flared up when he was packing his house up and moving heavy boxes. Surely he's living back in the western suburbs by now.

NZFan
10-07-19, 07:58 AM
That would have to be the worst team we have put since possibly the Daniel Mortimer era. I thought they had seen enough by now to know that Copley is not a centre. I know it is his preferred position but he can't defend there. Not only that but he has by far far been our best winger all year so why move him? Watkins working visa hasn't cleared yet but surely playing Sami there would have been worth a crack.

JunctionBlock
10-07-19, 08:06 AM
Seafm said Watkins wasn't named due to injury.

Mr Bods
10-07-19, 08:22 AM
Peachey fully participated at training yesterday including the full contact stuff.
There is nothing wrong with him. His effort in my opinion was garbage but nobody was calling him out on it.

This is BS we need to get to the bottom of why he’s not playing. He is being paid good money by us to play and there’s nothing wrong with him.

Watkins was with the B Team wearing a green bib which from what I could tell meant he was allowed some level of contact but not full.

JunctionBlock
10-07-19, 08:39 AM
Peachey will be back at the Panthers next year Bods. He isn't putting his body on the line for the Titans and to play him against the Panthers would be suicide as he would let his soon to be team mates waltz past him. He's thrown the toys out of the cot and doesn't want to play for us anymore. Apparently being homesick does that to you.

Mr Bods
10-07-19, 08:46 AM
Peachey will be back at the Panthers next year Bods. He isn't putting his body on the line for the Titans and to play him against the Panthers would be suicide as he would let his soon to be team mates waltz past him. He's thrown the toys out of the cot and doesn't want to play for us anymore. Apparently being homesick does that to you.

When that occurs he will take the mantle of being our most hated Ex-Player. His conduct is deplorable.

NZFan
10-07-19, 09:02 AM
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/09/jacks-fighting-for-future-in-taylors-continued-absence/

Mr Bods
10-07-19, 10:00 AM
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/09/jacks-fighting-for-future-in-taylors-continued-absence/

Ha ha ha I can’t believe Webeck said that Peachey trained strongly,he must have watched a different session to me....turn it up Webeck!!!!

However, it does back up what I’m saying which is there’s nothing wrong with Peachey.

We are this week paying huge money for Taylor/Peachey to sit it out.

Bayside Titan
10-07-19, 01:58 PM
Scratching my head on Stockwells selection. Let King go to play Stockwell really upsets me.

Mr Bods
10-07-19, 06:25 PM
Scratching my head on Stockwells selection. Let King go to play Stockwell really upsets me.

It’s called nepotism

JunctionBlock
11-07-19, 06:31 AM
This could be my nightmare week.

Maroons lost, Titans get pumped and Walters is named coach. The only way that comes close to balancing out is if I win lotto tonight.

Mr Bods
11-07-19, 08:24 AM
I find it interesting that Arthurs hasn’t been named to play QCup

- - - Updated - - -

This could be my nightmare week.

Maroons lost, Titans get pumped and Walters is named coach. The only way that comes close to balancing out is if I win lotto tonight.

QLD given their squad this year played really well. They went so close. Walters showed That he can Coach. I’m a Blue and I’m very impressed with him and he’s a tremendous man.
I’d be honoured to have him leading our Club.

And when he officially rejects us I’ll be back calling him a Drongoe flog and saying he lacks Kahunas.

JunctionBlock
11-07-19, 09:28 AM
I find it interesting that Arthurs hasn’t been named to play QCup

- - - Updated - - -

QLD given their squad this year played really well. They went so close. Walters showed That he can Coach. I’m a Blue and I’m very impressed with him and he’s a tremendous man.
I’d be honoured to have him leading our Club.

And when he officially rejects us I’ll be back calling him a Drongoe flog and saying he lacks Kahunas.

Hahahaha, what if he brings his assistant coach with him?

Mr Bods
11-07-19, 09:36 AM
Hahahaha, what if he brings his assistant coach with him?

Who are you referring to?

JunctionBlock
11-07-19, 10:13 AM
Who are you referring to?

Hodges

Mr Bods
11-07-19, 10:31 AM
Hodges

That’s brutal

Upthetits
11-07-19, 11:16 AM
If he turns the clubs fortunes around i couldnt care who he brings��

gotitans101_
11-07-19, 01:27 PM
Hard to give a damn about our games anymore.

JunctionBlock
11-07-19, 01:46 PM

Probably why we're talking about coaches and lotto in the game thread. hehehe

JunctionBlock
11-07-19, 06:52 PM
Latu and Arthars dropped out of the 21

Mexican titan
11-07-19, 07:22 PM

I'm a bit like you and will be until something positive happens. We just seem to be in a holding pattern while we wait for Brennan to be sacked. It is quite obvious that he will be sacked but we have to wait for the crap about the review blah blah.

My expected timeline is .... Monday Mal's report presented... the Board needs a couple of days to read and consider the report.... the Board then meets.....Brennan is sacked midweek....an interim coach for the next game is advised.....then the permanent coach is announced. All BS when we all know what is going to happen. Until then I don't really care. The report might deal with plenty of other issues besides the coach which will need a longer term fix but stop hiding behind the report and get it done.

JunctionBlock
12-07-19, 06:03 AM
It'd be good if Mals Monday email was accidentally the review. Might make for better reading than the "we suck on the field but we're really nice in the community".

If you can't get your core business right then why look at other avenues?

Titanic
12-07-19, 09:03 AM
Totally agree JB, Meninga’s muses smack of tea, scones and cucumber sandwiches.

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 09:16 AM
Is tonight the last game with Brennan as Coach?
You know what I think and hope for but I’d love to know what you lads think.

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 10:08 AM
Jed Cartwright playing for the Ugg Boots tonight. Another local junior that’s slipped through our fingers. It’s surprising it’s taken him this long to make First Grade. He looked pretty good when he played for us in NYC.

Dooldog76
12-07-19, 12:11 PM
I don't know. I have a feeling he won't get sacked. Not sure why, just do.
And I am feeling good to watch my team rub around tonight. Better than not having a team at all.

JunctionBlock
12-07-19, 01:20 PM
Is tonight the last game with Brennan as Coach?
You know what I think and hope for but I’d love to know what you lads think.

I'm not sure Bods, but if I was Brennan and I was in Penrith for the game tonight, I'd hop on realestate.com.au and look for a rental.

JunctionBlock
12-07-19, 04:45 PM
Titans 1-17 as named. (unfortunately)

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 04:53 PM
Justin Hodges just said Roberts and Jacks has been superb for the Titans the last 6 weeks

Mexican titan
12-07-19, 04:56 PM
God, if watching this game won't be bad enough but you put Fox on an that absolute mong Blocker Roach is on the commentary. Even a good effort will not cancel out that annoying dumb fool.

GCTTSD
12-07-19, 05:09 PM
We look like a reserve grade side

JunctionBlock
12-07-19, 05:20 PM
We look like a reserve grade side

Just got a message from a mate. He said it's like watching the Nerang Roosters. Thank goodness we pick Copley every week, should have known he wouldn't last a game.

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 05:22 PM
Harden up Copley

NZFan
12-07-19, 05:24 PM
Best Copley is gone after his early defensive reads

gotitans101_
12-07-19, 05:28 PM
Peats is ****

Boonarga
12-07-19, 05:29 PM
Wallace is having a dig :surprise:

gotitans101_
12-07-19, 05:31 PM
Absolutely useless.

TitansState
12-07-19, 05:31 PM
This **** is just painful to watch.

gotitans101_
12-07-19, 05:32 PM
Did someone say Stockwell was Brennan's daughter's husband? If so, then Brennan can take him with him when he leaves.

NZFan
12-07-19, 05:33 PM
Brennan better take Stockwell with him

Dooldog76
6 points from Stockwell

gotitans101_
I wasn't going to watch this game but I'll call **** out when I see it.

Boonarga
This is going to be really bad when the refs start to even out the penalty count.
All that ball and no points.

JunctionBlock
12-07-19, 05:34 PM
THis team has nothing to show. As for Wallace....nah **** it, not worth the effort. Teams ****.

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 05:35 PM
Copley failed his HIA.
He’s kidding.
If the now fall apart of the Stockwell error then that will be incredibly apt.

Bayside Titan
12-07-19, 05:36 PM
Why the hell take Mo off and leave Stockwell on to make the error that lead to the Panthers try. ????

gotitans101_
12-07-19, 05:37 PM
Boyd - runs hard -> gets touched -> goes straight down.

Bayside Titan
12-07-19, 05:37 PM
Wallace and Mo both 90 meters all other forwards not even close.

Boonarga
12-07-19, 05:39 PM
Roberts, not every pass has to be a cutout.

gotitans101_
12-07-19, 05:40 PM
for ****'s sakes.

Dooldog76
12-07-19, 05:40 PM
So soft. Sami needs to go.

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 05:43 PM
Some literal Coach Killers this half by
Stockwell then Sami then Brimson

Dooldog76
12-07-19, 05:43 PM
Matthews is crap. No bloody communication between them.

Mexican titan
12-07-19, 05:44 PM
So soft. Sami needs to go.

I guess we can't get rid of them all but I've seen very little of Sami in any game that impresses me. That error was just hopeless and yep, eventually led to a try. If Penrith don't clock off then this will be ugly.

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 05:45 PM
Just think of the Board Meeting on Monday
Stops me from throwing the remote at the Tele

Dooldog76
12-07-19, 05:47 PM
I guess we can't get rid of them all but I've seen very little of Sami in any game that impresses me. That error was just hopeless and yep, eventually led to a try. If Penrith don't clock off then this will be ugly.

Going down the blindside, No communication, No effort. So frustrating.

TitansState
12-07-19, 05:47 PM

I'd rather watch the board meeting than this game.

GCTTSD
12-07-19, 05:50 PM
If this was against the storm or roosters we'd be losing by 30

- - - Updated - - -

The board meeting should be just about what coach to bring in next, Brennan should be sacked on the weekend, don't need a review or board meeting to see he can't coach

Boonarga
12-07-19, 05:50 PM
Hodges: "Der umm AJ, you're 12 points behind what do you need to do to win?"
He's no rocket scientist.

Mexican titan
12-07-19, 05:54 PM

I will not throw the remote but i think of the Board meeting and it angers me that they eventually will make a decision that should have been made weeks ago. The Titans should have saved heaps of money this week by buying one way tickets for the blokes from Penrith and left them there.

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 05:56 PM
I will not throw the remote but i think of the Board meeting and it angers me that they eventually will make a decision that should have been made weeks ago. The Titans should have saved heaps of money this week by buying one way tickets for the blokes from Penrith and left them there.

Just said something similar in the Coaching Thread MT

Whats Doing
12-07-19, 05:57 PM
The lack of basic skills of these players is just mind boggling. This is the coaches responsibility and Brennan has failed miserably

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 05:58 PM
So long as they don’t give up....

Bayside Titan
12-07-19, 06:01 PM
I know that the players can take some responsibility re their performance. But to pul a guy with 90 meters and leave Stockwell no just boggles my mind. Also why was Peachey left out ? All year he’s ran a back in the bench why change this week ?? Peachey swapped for Matthews ?????!!!!!!

Mexican titan
12-07-19, 06:13 PM
It was funny (not) to watch Sami at dummy half on the 3rd play after that 40/20 hold his arms out wanting to know who was taking the ball. We have no idea and that is coaching.

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 06:18 PM
^^^ he only one option to pass too as it was on the sideline

Mexican titan
12-07-19, 06:18 PM
It's amazing to think if we jag a try we are in this. How?

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 06:19 PM
Pipe Cleaner with coach killer number 4 of the night

Boonarga
12-07-19, 06:20 PM
Dear God! Only Will Matthews available to take a pass from the dummy half. WTF were the halves doing?

Mexican titan
12-07-19, 06:28 PM
Among many inexplicable things that Brennan has done this season is his use of HIS star recruit Shannon Boyd. Tonight he plays the 15 minutes to half time, has the 15 minute break and then is taken off after 12 minutes of the second half. Total 27 minutes. Maybe it's me but I'm confused hy this.

Dooldog76
12-07-19, 06:34 PM
That'll do me. Wallace kicking it out.

ozynorts
12-07-19, 06:38 PM
That'll do me. Wallace kicking it out.

But why was he even there? I’m lost, the team has no structure or leadership. Brennan won’t survive but I have no faith that the available alternatives are any better.

Mexican titan
12-07-19, 06:39 PM
So Jacks has a rib cartilage injury which usually means a few weeks out. So I assume Taylor miraculously gets over his personal issues and just walks back in to the side. Is he playing QCup this weekend.

Dooldog76
12-07-19, 06:39 PM
Ok, so I've tried to be positive for most of the season, but this is disgraceful. What an insipid performance. Pretty obvious they don't care and have no pride at all. Injuries aside, peachey and Taylor need to be playing or they need to leave. It's a circus.

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 06:45 PM
Surely that Wallace kick is the last addition to the Meninga report on what a rudderless ship Brennan has made us

- - - Updated - - -

Blokes like Copley Boyd Jacks etc get injured and/or go off when they could go on when a team is dispirited and they don’t want to be there
We all who have played contact sports know this

gotitans101_
12-07-19, 06:45 PM
Brennan has done more damage to this club than ANY of our previous coaches. Just look at all the overpaid plodders he's brought here, and look at the players who were already here who have gone backwards. There has to be an announcement next week or else I'm ****ing done.

Bayside Titan
12-07-19, 06:46 PM
In attack we have offered nothing at all.

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 06:47 PM
Brennan has done more damage to this club than ANY of our previous coaches. Just look at all the overpaid plodders he's brought here, and look at the players who were already here who have gone backwards. There has to be an announcement next week or else I'm ****ing done.

Never give up as a supporter brother
We need to keep fronting up

JunctionBlock
12-07-19, 06:54 PM
Sorry to disagree but this isn't just the coach. We now have a group of players that are playing for nothing. Secure in their contracts, no finals this year. Coach is getting all the focus of the blame and yet there isn't a player in tonights game that I would consider NRL worthy. Absolute disgrace. If all the meeting on the Monday is Brennan is sacked then I'm right in my assessment that Mal was the wrong person to do the report. I can't name one person on or off the field that deserves to draw a wage from this club. Love for this club has now officially turned into indifference and I am fast turning it into hatred. I don't think we have anyone in this club that can honestly say they know how to properly run a footy club. Absolutely over this bull**** every week.

Peats bull**** article during the week regarding senior players standing up. Sorry mate, you should hang your head in shame. Wallace, laughing stock, Boyd even worse, didn't Ricky mock us for paying $600k for him when it was talked about him coming here?

Anyway, I am now no longer a supporter of the Titans. I am finally done with it.

Whats Doing
12-07-19, 06:55 PM
I don’t recall we have played a year as badly as this year and we have had shockers of years.

I agree that Brennan with his recruitment and lack of NRL coaching ability has put the club in a perilous situation which will take some years to get out of if the club lasts that long

gotitans101_
12-07-19, 06:58 PM
Sorry to disagree but this isn't just the coach. We now have a group of players that are playing for nothing. Secure in their contracts, no finals this year. Coach is getting all the focus of the blame and yet there isn't a player in tonights game that I would consider NRL worthy. Absolute disgrace. If all the meeting on the Monday is Brennan is sacked then I'm right in my assessment that Mal was the wrong person to do the report. I can't name one person on or off the field that deserves to draw a wage from this club. Love for this club has now officially turned into indifference and I am fast turning it into hatred. I don't think we have anyone in this club that can honestly say they know how to properly run a footy club. Absolutely over this bull**** every week.

Peats bull**** article during the week regarding senior players standing up. Sorry mate, you should hang your head in shame. Wallace, laughing stock, Boyd even worse, didn't Ricky mock us for paying $600k for him when it was talked about him coming here?

Anyway, I am now no longer a supporter of the Titans. I am finally done with it.

I'm convinced it all starts at the top. Owners, management, coach, etc. I said something similar in the owners thread, but why should everybody be copping the blame except Frizelle and Kelly? It's all happened under their watch as well. Questions need to be answered, not only from players and coaches but management too.

ozynorts
12-07-19, 07:04 PM
JB and gotitans, agree 100% that this is more than coaching. The owners appointed the coach so the blame must start there. Their failure to deal with the Henry/Hayne situation has resulted in our current situation. I am so disappointed in the owners as I was 100% in their corner but they are losing me fast.

Dooldog76
12-07-19, 07:05 PM
That was literally a " oh well I get paid", effort. Seriously hurting as a fan right now.

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 07:12 PM
Coaches come and go
Players come and go
Administrators come and go
Sometimes even owners

But Fans Stick Fat.

RavShamrock
12-07-19, 07:14 PM
JB and gotitans, agree 100% that this is more than coaching. The owners appointed the coach so the blame must start there. Their failure to deal with the Henry/Hayne situation has resulted in our current situation. I am so disappointed in the owners as I was 100% in their corner but they are losing me fast.

Ok mate lets do this.
Who on this forum put your hand up for Brennan?
Don’t be sooks be counted….this won’t be pretty.

gotitans101_
12-07-19, 07:15 PM
Ok mate lets do this.

Not me, nor was I happy with most of his signings. Go look through my post history if you don't believe me. I was always very sceptical.

Boonarga
12-07-19, 07:16 PM
JB is correct. The coach is only half the problem. We have nobody out there with a football brain. It's just 17 individuals trying hard.
Put a quality half in the team and watch it change. Pity we don't have one.

Dooldog76
12-07-19, 07:18 PM
I didn't want Henry to go, but I supported Brennan. He said all the right things and for a while made some tough calls by benching players. Has reverted from that and the wheels have fallen off. But yes I wanted Brennan at the start.

RavShamrock
12-07-19, 07:18 PM
Man of your word

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 07:19 PM
Ok mate lets do this.

I did and I have taken ownership and apologised a tonne of times in the forum RVS
I was very wrong and to King Henry I’m very sorry
There I’ve now said it maybe 5 times now

NZTITAN
12-07-19, 07:20 PM
Christ I remember how obsessed I was with this franchise, how intrigued I was waiting for team list Tuesdays, how id refresh ZeroTackle and twitter waiting for any Titans signings news and how excited I was to watch them play at the end of the week and how I'd get off my seat whenever something would happen in the game in frustration or joy.

I now just sit there with zero emotion and waste a couple hours watching this sorry excuse for a team fail week in week out.

Cheered this team on for 12 years, think im gonna sit the next couple out and come back when they've got their act together because the only direction this franchise is headed is straight to Perth.

RavShamrock
12-07-19, 07:21 PM
I already know you are a man of your word Bodsie

mdrew
12-07-19, 07:31 PM
I supported Gareth Brennan's appointment as well.

After tonight I don't feel mad or frustrated, just sad.

I just cannot understand what has happened and how things have ended up where they have.

RavShamrock
12-07-19, 07:32 PM
Christ I remember how obsessed I was with this franchise, how intrigued I was waiting for team list Tuesdays, how id refresh ZeroTackle and twitter waiting for any Titans signings news and how excited I was to watch them play at the end of the week and how I'd get off my seat whenever something would happen in the game in frustration or joy.

I now just sit there with zero emotion and waste a couple hours watching this sorry excuse for a team fail week in week out.

Cheered this team on for 12 years, think im gonna sit the next couple out and come back when they've got their act together because the only direction this franchise is headed is straight to Perth.

Good Riddance
Better to stand than be a coward.
True supporters be counted

Mexican titan
12-07-19, 07:35 PM
I was happy to take Brennan but I was also one of the few that wanted Henry to stay until I could see that Hayne was going to win the battle between those two. It always ends in tears when the inmates, like Hayne, run the asylum, and it has.

- - - Updated - - -

I just cannot understand what has happened and how things have ended up where they have.

I feel the same mate. But i can understand why things have ended as they have - simply Brennan is way out of his depth.

RavShamrock
12-07-19, 07:40 PM

Its nothing to be ashamed of but we all make mistakes.
The owners should not be held out to dry…THEY ARE OUR SOUL.

Dooldog76
12-07-19, 07:44 PM

It's called emptiness. Just nothing left to give.

C-Whiz
12-07-19, 08:00 PM
Ok mate lets do this.
The problem was Hayne, not Henry, but Hayne wasn't going anywhere at that time.

But let's not get bogged down in past history. Brennan is a failure for us. He simply isn't getting ANYTHING out of ANYONE. It's either 17 men in the middle who have lost the plot or it's the guy who should be training and motivating them taht is giving them nothing. They had the bye, 2 weeks of training to do ANYTHING, and they did SWEET F$#% ALL. 20 seconds to go and they are walking to take the penalty 10m out. That's the sign of players with no idea of what they are there to do. Players who don't care. Players who are not afraid or even respectful of the coach.
Sorry, but finally Brennan has to go. And I don't even care if we forfeit the rest of the season because nothing is worse than this absolute rubbish we are delivering on the field every week.

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 08:38 PM
Just watched the press conference
He was proud of the effort
He certainly displays great resilience but he’s not got the passion for us fans and our club
I think he is comforted in knowing he will have to be paid out for next year

gotitans101_
12-07-19, 08:56 PM
Bulldogs are about to knock off the Knights. Wooden spoon even closer!

Mr Bods
12-07-19, 09:01 PM
Bulldogs are about to knock off the Knights. Wooden spoon even closer!

They showed what a bunch of men that are under the pump can do away from home when they value their Coach and Jumper.
Meanwhile Garth is proud of our effort tonight.

Titan68
12-07-19, 09:02 PM
Didn’t watch the game , to be honest I’ve lost interest in this club. We just seem to be lurching from one disaster to another , without learning anything. We are a team of overpaid rejects , who all need to take a very long hard look at themselves. Look at the Bulldogs , a team of nobodies who have a go , and have pride in their jersey.

Whats Doing
12-07-19, 09:45 PM
I supported Brennan but it is obvious he is snake oil salesman. The team has no passion (look at Roberts 40/20 and no one gave a sh!t) no direction and apart from Arrow and AJ, no one cares whether they play or how they play.

I have never seen such a disinterested rabble of a NRL team before with a clueless and out of depth coach

BundyTitan
12-07-19, 10:09 PM
You know I missed the game (thankfully) tonight and I couldn’t give a rats a**. Exactly what JB and NZ said I am quickly losing passion for this club. You can handle a tough few years but we’ve literally had a tough decade. And in a year where finally it seems that everything should improve, we sink even further and we’ve had the worst year in our history. Add to that the fact that our best player Arrow is at decent odds to leave from what I’ve heard, and the fact that we are stuck with the majority of this overpaid roster for the next 2-3 years and I don’t see what hope we have. We have JB and NZ leaving, and guys like MT who I’ve read for years on this forum vowing to not renew their memberships and we could be left with less than 5000 memberships and probably the same amount of fans attending next season. I honestly have lost passion for this club, I don’t even get excited over a rare win anymore. I think I need to take a break too

DavidBouveng
12-07-19, 10:18 PM
i was wrapt when we signed Brennan, and was happy to see how happy and proud he seemed to be our coach.

although i will say after his SECOND interview as our coach i was worried. He did the first one when he signed on, and then the second one on 360 a day later and he was regurgitating the same buzzwords and catchphrases - 'its not about having resources, its about being resourceful', sticks in my brain when he said it twice as if he was already out of material and its the type of line you use when giving your power point presentation but lacks any real substance. I messaged Hail Sezer immediately with my concerns and hoped it was just a co incidence or excitement on his part. but it was not.

Many were fooled, and we all payed the price.

BundyTitan
12-07-19, 10:25 PM
The question is where do we go from here? We have next to no members and will have less next year, we will likely lose our star player (I’ll call it now), we are stuck with an incompetent roster for the next few years and we have no idea whether the new coach will actually bring results. Now we will have to go through another 1-2 years of rebuilding and learning new structures so they will probably be lean years too. I am absolutely ropable and can’t believe how much my care and passion has dropped for this club in the last 12 months.

DavidBouveng
12-07-19, 10:42 PM
BT - i think we have a very capable team who are playing at about 30% of their ability due to a variety of reasons.

If we got another coach id like to see if they can turn the group around and get them focused and playing at a level closer to their ability before running a broom through.

Titanic
13-07-19, 02:12 AM
I backed Brennan too but I’ll be wiping egg off my face until I cark it. And even starved of footy here in China I turned it off at halftime. Plodders, bunglers and turd burglars with the odd pipe-cleaner thrown in. The roster is mid bottom 8.

GCTTSD
13-07-19, 01:13 PM
If jacks is injured and can't play next week who goes to half? We verse storm so either rushing ash back for another flogging or giving Boyd the hardest debut, or do we shift Carty to 6 cause either way we get flogged so take the cautious approach for ash and Tanah?

mdrew
13-07-19, 01:18 PM
I would throw Tannah Boyd in to be honest, yes tough debut but every NRL debut is. He certainly is mature enough and would back himself.

Mexican titan
13-07-19, 01:35 PM
If jacks is injured and can't play next week who goes to half? We verse storm so either rushing ash back for another flogging or giving Boyd the hardest debut, or do we shift Carty to 6 cause either way we get flogged so take the cautious approach for ash and Tanah?

Not sure what you mean by rushing Ash back. He was supposedly refreshed and was back from his outback cleansing experience over 2 weeks ago. He hasn't played QCup but I don't think it would be asking too much for him to actually do something for his large salary.

GCTTSD
13-07-19, 02:08 PM
Not sure what you mean by rushing Ash back. He was supposedly refreshed and was back from his outback cleansing experience over 2 weeks ago. He hasn't played QCup but I don't think it would be asking too much for him to actually do something for his large salary.

Just cause ash left for obvious reasons and was talked about coming back via q cup, and being rushed back early could do more harm then good

JunctionBlock
13-07-19, 04:33 PM
M Gordon back, AJ to the halfs

gotitans101_
13-07-19, 04:43 PM
don't care.

Mexican titan
13-07-19, 05:37 PM
Just cause ash left for obvious reasons and was talked about coming back via q cup, and being rushed back early could do more harm then good

You may be right but he has a history of being a sook and I think we need to play hard with him soon. What's the pressure on him now, no one expects anything and he can really go out there with nothing to lose.
It's a shame he is contracted well in to the future because I wouldn't be worried if he left. I'm over high maintenance players.

- - - Updated - - -

don't care.

Me either.

Toads
13-07-19, 07:05 PM

In the owners defense to some extent, mate. I tend to believe Annesley should burden most of the blame in regards to the Henry/Hanye thing. He should've been all over that like flies to ****, well before the media was.

Others may have varying opinions though.

Titanic Believer
13-07-19, 07:55 PM
Didn't watch the game. Turned it on to listen in the background, Wallace gave a dumb penalty again, so I switched it off.

I have seen through the tough times on this forum when people still passionately argued for change and improvement but it seems that after the high expectations at the start of the season many and I am finally over it.

I have switched my interest to the Storm and now a bit to the Broncos, since the Cowboys are very boring and ordinary this year, because of the Broncos young team and Bennett gone.

When the Titans get their on field act together I am sure to get interested again. I was upset when Henry was ditched because of a stinking tail wagging the dog, but Brennan, who seems a decent bloke, hasn't come up with the goods.

Have circumstances conspired against him? Early injuries, mental ill health of his key man, under performing and over paid squad? Still, a coach has a responsibility to bring the best out of the personnel they have, so no loss if he goes.

5 Year Contract
14-07-19, 01:09 PM
This wasnt a first grade team out there. There is a complete lack of effort, pride in your performance and respect for the jersey from a number of player. Something as simple as Roberts kicking a 40/20 and not a SINGLE team mate running up and congratulating him or showing any enthusiasm means no one gives a **** anymore and well this team can just **** right off. Glad I cancelled my membership and as a fan I will always percivere with this club til the bitter end but they will continue to not get a cent from me until things change.