PDA

View Full Version : Round 16: TITANS vs SEA EAGLES (2019)

JunctionBlock
25-06-19, 07:08 AM
TITANS vs SEA EAGLES

The forums own grudge match

Ooops, it's Round 15. My bad

JunctionBlock
25-06-19, 07:43 AM
Manly shopping Elgey around already, allegedly. Saints interested.

Upthetits
25-06-19, 03:14 PM
Will mathews made the squad haha

JunctionBlock
25-06-19, 03:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/9phd85E.png

Can somebody say ROCK BOTTOM

Mr Bods
25-06-19, 03:43 PM
Oh my god not only is Matthews in the squad he’s named in the starting team
I cannot cope with this selection

*edit* The Clown, Brother , friend, champion, *edit* all is forgiven, please get better and play on Saturday!!! Please for the love of god!!

Taylor not named either. It would be superb if he fronted up and played QCup this week. I’d respect that so much.

Mr Bods
25-06-19, 05:23 PM
Wow-I thought the place would be in a mild meltdown and there’s been nothing
It must be just a few of us that are disturbed OR is it we are simply so irrelevant that even our own fans don’t care if we win or lose

Boonarga
25-06-19, 06:45 PM
It must be just a few of us that are disturbed OR is it we are simply so irrelevant that even our own fans don’t care if we win or lose

Meh. Matthews/Proctor. What's the difference in regards of impact?

JunctionBlock
25-06-19, 07:23 PM

I was at the movies but disapprove of this selection, especially after King was let go.

Titanic
25-06-19, 07:40 PM
What's the point? If ever there was a reason to quit then this is it ... I won't but I just couldn't be bothered commenting further, it's just too depressing.

NZFan
26-06-19, 10:17 AM

I think we all saw it coming Bods. It was only a matter of time with Brennan. Nice to see Taylor isn't named though, I was expecting him to be rushed back straight away despite us looking much better without him.

Mr Bods
28-06-19, 06:21 PM
Peachey isn’t playing tomorrow.
We are being told he felt his pec at training (I smell bull****)
Proctor is playing and Matthews is on the bench.

Peachey will be sitting on his bum. What a disgrace.

https://mobile.twitter.com/9NewsGoldCoast/status/1144513061304147968?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

JunctionBlock
28-06-19, 06:32 PM
Peachey isn’t playing tomorrow.
We are being told he felt his pec at training (I smell bull****)
Proctor is playing and Matthews is on the bench.

Peachey will be sitting on his bum. What a disgrace.

https://mobile.twitter.com/9NewsGoldCoast/status/1144513061304147968?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Let's see if he even turns up to the ground to support the team. $10 says no one will see him. He's a bum.

Hopefully Sami gets promoted to the bench for no other reason other than Matthews would be dropped.

Mr Bods
28-06-19, 06:37 PM
Let's see if he even turns up to the ground to support the team. $10 says no one will see him. He's a bum.

Hopefully Sami gets promoted to the bench for no other reason other than Matthews would be dropped.

Or Lee coming off the bench even to play in the forwards
Anyone but Matthews-he’s barely Bycroft Cup Standard

And I won’t take your bet

Milestone game for his Captain Tyrone Roberts too and he dodges it. What a piece of work.

It’s doing my head in and upsetting me more because his Uncle David Peachey is a person of such high resilience and integrity.

DIEHARD
29-06-19, 09:37 AM
http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/IMG_7412-1.jpg

http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/IMG_7413.jpg

http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/IMG_7414.jpg

DIEHARD
29-06-19, 09:41 AM
Thanks for starting the thread JB. If anyone has been following the fun in Hong Kong, one million person march, two million person march, I've been a bit caught up in all this. Extremely seriously threats to Hong Kong's freedom. But still managed to watch the Maroons gets whalloped, very painful.

Looking forward to watching the Titans play, but very worried about taking on Manly. I'm a bit out of the loop, when does Kallum Watkins show up? While we haven't had much luck importing English talent, I am glad we are giving it another crack.

DIEHARD
29-06-19, 09:43 AM
Titans v Sea Eagles: Proctor to start; Fainu in for Koroisau
http://www.nrl.com

In a season of few highlights, the Titans' emphatic win over Manly at Lottoland in round 11 was certainly a night to remember.

The Titans have only scored 43 tries all season and seven of those came that night as their attack clicked into gear and Dale Copley reaped the rewards with a hat-trick.

Unfortunately for Gold Coast they turned around a week later and crossed the stripe only once in a demoralising 6-4 home loss to the Cowboys.

And that's their season in a nutshell - dangerous one week, dire the next.

Hard to know which Titans outfit will turn up on Saturday but at least they come with the knowledge they have what it takes to beat the Sea Eagles.

Titans: Kevin Proctor has been cleared to return and rushed into the starting lineup for Will Matthews, who has dropped to the bench. Tyrone Peachey has been ruled out, while Jai Arrow remains sidelined with an ankle injury. Prop Moeaki Fotuaika was forced to withdraw from Tonga's extended squad for their Test against New Zealand with a wrist injury but has been named. Leilani Latu was cut from the reserves on Friday.

Sea Eagles: No disruptions or concerns in regards to the 17-man team Des Hasler named on Tuesday. Manase Fainu replaces injured hooker Api Koroisau (ankle), while Brendan Elliot and Corey Waddell are the new faces on the bench. Lachlan Croker and Lloyd Perrett were trimmed from the reserves 24 hours prior to kick-off.

Key match-up
With Ash Taylor not expected to be rushed back, the job of trying to drag the Titans out of the cellar falls to Ryley Jacks. At 27, he is just three years younger than Manly No.7 Daly Cherry-Evans, but is 175 games younger in terms of NRL experience. DCE has enjoyed an Origin renaissance and has Manly playing some attractive footy while Jacks has looked composed in his four games in 2019.

For the Titans to win
With Jai Arrow sidelined the Titans desperately need a couple of other big men to put their hands up and match motors with Martin Taupau, Addin Fonua-Blake and Jake Trbojevic. If Moeaki Fotuaiki returns from a wrist injury that will be a big boost and Maroons rep Jarrod Wallace is another who can churn out plenty of metres. Wallace has averaged 153.3 metres per game in 2019 and he'll need every one of those if the 15th placed Titans are to upset a confident Manly side which sits nine spots above them on the ladder.

For the Sea Eagles to win
Get the ball to Tom and Jake and let them do their stuff. The Trbojevic boys were simply stunning for the Blues in Origin II and can be relied upon to deliver another high quality performance before they get a bye in round 16 and then set their sights on the series decider. It's a rare feat for brothers to play in the same Origin side - think Brett and Josh Morris and Brett and Glenn Stewart - but even rarer that they would emerge as two of the standout stars and battle it out for man of the match honours.

Brett Kimmorley says
Des is doing wonderful things at Manly. They’ll get rep players back. The Trobojevic brothers were wonderful in Origin II. The Titans are unsure where they’re at. They haven’t shown me enough to convince me they’ll challenge one of the red-hot teams. Sea Eagles by 10

Stat Attack
The Titans will have to be focused on making ball-and-all tackles all afternoon of risk paying the price against the NRL's most prolific off-loaders. The Sea Eagles have 168 offloads, four more than second-placed Parramatta. On the downside, Manly's 245 ineffective tackles is the highest in the league, while their 104 penalties is equal-second most with Canberra.

And another thing ...
The Titans have become something of a bogey side for the Sea Eagles, winning their past three meetings, including a 36-18 triumph in round 11 on Manly's home turf. The Sea Eagles can't afford a second loss to a team that looks like finishing well down the ladder. Des Hasler will be preaching defence after Manly conceded an average of 36.7 points in those three previous losses to the Titans.

DIEHARD
29-06-19, 09:45 AM
Random act of kindness behind Roberts' NRL milestone
http://www.nrl.com

Steve Cage can't explain why he did it. He'd certainly never done anything like it before, nor since.

Call it a compulsion of compassion.

As he watched his son trial for the Newcastle under 14 team, his attention turned to a young Aboriginal boy sitting by himself under a tree at the far end of the ground.

Steve had noticed the boy's talent but on this day he had missed out on selection.

He walked up to the disconsolate kid who was all on his own and offered some words of encouragement. Told him he to keep his head up, that he was one of the best players on the field. That the selectors had got it wrong.

It was the infancy of a bond that has lasted 15 years and a pivotal moment in Tyrone Roberts' path to playing in the NRL.

On Saturday Roberts will become just the 720th player in premiership history to play 150 games, a milestone achieved by just 7.5% of the 9,535 players to run out in first grade since 1908.

But the reality is that without Cage's random act of kindness, life may have turned out very differently.

"If I hadn't walked over to that tree he would have gone back to Ballina," Steve tells NRL.com.

"I just put my arm around him and told him that he was one of the best players out there and he opened up to me straight away.

"I don't know why I did it. I'd noticed his football. I thought he was a very talented footballer and I just gave him a bit of encouragement and told him to stick at it.

"He was a kid that had made so many sacrifices and was missing his family.

"What made him so successful were all the sacrifices he made. When the other boys were going out partying and drinking and discovering girls, Tyrone stayed solid and made sacrifices.

"This is the result of those sacrifices made by a young Aboriginal boy.

"He's like an extra son to me. I'm so proud not only of what he has achieved but the man he has become."

When he completed his schooling at Hunter Sports High and left the Kiriniari Aboriginal Hostel after five years, Roberts moved in with Steve and his wife Tracey Backhus and their four boys, Daniel the first of three teammates from the Knights' 2009 SG Ball team to take him in.

The Finn and Redman families followed, he and Chad Redman developing a bond that saw Chad serve as best man at Roberts' wedding and in turn Roberts become the godfather to Chad's daughter, Harlow.

Even if Roberts did show him up in the three years that they lived together.

"He always made his bed, cleaned the dishes, that's what he's been like since day dot. He'd make me look bad when I was living at home," Redman says, describing Roberts as the most skilful player he ever played with.

"My family instantly connected with him and my mum ended up asking him to move in. He's been part of the family ever since.

"Those little things at home, looking back now you realise he always had the right attitude.

"I knew personally that given the opportunity that he would play 150-200 first grade games just from his work ethic.

"If you knew Tyrone 10 years ago, what he's built and what he and his partner have built, he's a credit to himself and his family. It's unbelievable where he is now and the type of person he is.

"From being a kid from Ballina, he's come full circle. Earning minimum wage down in Newcastle and not having a whole lot and he's slowly built this life with Brittney and his two girls.

"You're just proud of him and proud of the person he is. I still look up to him even to this day."

In their three-bedroom house in Gateshead with four boys already pushing the walls to their limits, Steve and Tracey gave Roberts a lounge, a pillow and a roof over his head.

Like the comforting word under the tree, it was a gesture that enabled Roberts to resist the lure of home for long enough to make his own way.

It's why 150 games in the NRL represents so much more than an individual milestone.

"I had a lounge and a pillow, it didn't matter. I was used to it. Just letting me stay there under their roof in their house was humbling, that they would take me in," Roberts tells NRL.com.

"Daniel's dad, ‘Cagey', he and Tracey watched me grow up with their son and play rep teams. He knew I had talent and didn't want to see me go back home.

"That was humbling because I could have easily went back to Ballina and wouldn't have gone anywhere with footy.

"I was just going into first grade and that was a tough stage because I wasn't on much money or anything like that.

"It just brings it all into perspective, where you've come from and how you got there."

They are the families that helped him to reach 150 and now Roberts gets to share a special day with a family of his own.

In addition to the Roberts clan who will drive up from Ballina to mark the occasion, the 28-year-old will have his three girls by his side, wife Brittany and their two daughters, Leilani and Chilli.

Lelani and Chilli will run out with their dad as Roberts leads the Titans onto Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday afternoon and will be waiting for him at the end of 80 minutes, either to share the joy of victory or ease the pain of defeat.

"They keep me happy," says Roberts simply.

"When you're not winning games and it's hard, the eldest one just comes up and cuddles me and says, 'It's OK.' It just brings you back down to earth and you realise what you've got and how blessed you are.

"I want to give my kids a good life and my wife as well. They are my heart and soul and have been to the other side of the world for me.

"I'm blessed to have them to come home to every day.

"All of the people that helped me out, they didn't have to do it so I try and find ways that I can repay them.

"My parents, Amy and John, they are the ones that taught me respect, courage and discipline and my sisters Charmaine, Hannah, Christina and my brother Nikko, they've been there for me through the good and the bad times.

"To play one NRL game is a milestone and I've played 150. It's just a great day to represent not only my people back home but my family and the journey I've been on with my kids and my wife.

"I hope they're all proud that we've been able to come this far."

JunctionBlock
29-06-19, 10:05 AM
Thanks for starting the thread JB. If anyone has been following the fun in Hong Kong, one million person march, two million person march, I've been a bit caught up in all this. Extremely seriously threats to Hong Kong's freedom. But still managed to watch the Maroons gets whalloped, very painful.

Looking forward to watching the Titans play, but very worried about taking on Manly. I'm a bit out of the loop, when does Kallum Watkins show up? While we haven't had much luck importing English talent, I am glad we are giving it another crack.

No problems. I think Watkins is here next week, when we have the bye. Fingers crossed we get the two points.

NZFan
29-06-19, 01:16 PM
Copley a late withdrawal. Sami in. What have we got to do for Don to go down on warm up? Seems like he is destined to be in that jersey forever

Mr Bods
29-06-19, 01:39 PM
Copley a late withdrawal. Sami in. What have we got to do for Don to go down on warm up? Seems like he is destined to be in that jersey forever

Copley is tissue paper
What’s wrong with him now?

I know the answer now
Did his calf at training
Unfortunately once you have those issues they tend to keep recurring
I’d be either not renewing his contract or wanting fairly minimal salary if a new one was offered
I realise that’s harsh but it’s a brutal reality

ozynorts
29-06-19, 02:25 PM
Has Taylor been named in q cup at all?

- - - Updated - - -

How good is mofo?

Mr Bods
29-06-19, 02:35 PM
This tripe is why the Mrs wants us to not renew the memberships

Thanks Garth

Boonarga
29-06-19, 02:39 PM
I had considered making the 4hr drive for this game. So glad I chose to stay home.

lonegull
Boys playing men, my blood is boiling they are an absolute joke (except mo and Kelly) no direction a clueless team that look like they don’t even train together

Titanic
I cant go past halftime it’s just too painful

Whats Doing
29-06-19, 02:40 PM
This is not NRL standard. Just amateurs playing out there and amateurs running the club

DavidBouveng
29-06-19, 02:41 PM
This is why i don't attend games at the moment despite my $1000 membership.

If i can get my guts ripped out at home, why add a rainy walk and overpriced kebab to the problems

Dobes
29-06-19, 02:52 PM
F**K this. I'm going home.

Mr Bods
29-06-19, 02:52 PM
This is why i don't attend games at the moment despite my $1000 membership.

If i can get my guts ripped out at home, why add a rainy walk and overpriced kebab to the problems

Yes there are a lot of regulars not here anymore
I’m sure Garth though is proud of his team

#sackBrennan

NZFan
29-06-19, 02:54 PM
Roberts having another game highlighting just how much of a rocks and diamond player he is.

Forwards getting absolutely rolled, led by Peats who more of a hindrance than a help.

Mo and Kelly again proving that they are the only players in the team up to NRL standard. What a pathetic team we support.

Whats Doing
29-06-19, 02:57 PM
24 missed tackles and 7 errors. Pub football team statistics

Boonarga
29-06-19, 02:59 PM
"Down but not out" says Shirvo. What game is he watching?

NZFan
29-06-19, 03:05 PM
"Down but not out" says Shirvo. What game is he watching?

The Fox Sports commentary coverage has been awful. Massive hard-on for the Turbo boys. I did enjoy it though when Tafua scored and they said "Don tried his best but it just wasn't good enough". Doesn't that just sum up this team.

lonegull
29-06-19, 03:09 PM
lol manly don’t even need 13 players

Mr Bods
29-06-19, 03:17 PM
lol manly don’t even need 13 players

Can’t say I share your humour
There’s a lot of anger here in the crowd

Whats Doing
29-06-19, 03:19 PM
Can we apply for the mercy rule

Boonarga
29-06-19, 03:30 PM
Lets have some laughs and giggles with opposition players during the game. Spare me.

Whats Doing
29-06-19, 03:30 PM
Knucklehead Wallace true to form

Mr Bods
29-06-19, 03:34 PM
Lets have some laughs and giggles with opposition players during the game. Spare me.

What an insult

TitansState
29-06-19, 03:35 PM
What was that set. Such a poorly coached side.

Mr Bods
29-06-19, 03:37 PM
If I hear Brennan say “they never gave up I’m proud of the boys” then I may need to set some cars alight tonight

psmitty
29-06-19, 04:09 PM
With a bye next week it very much could be the last game that Brennan coaches.

gotitans101_
29-06-19, 04:10 PM
I couldn't catch this game. Looks like I didn't miss anything.

Dobes
29-06-19, 04:14 PM
I couldn't catch this game. Looks like I didn't miss anything.

Mate you were honestly better off not wasting your money to watch that crap, or even waste your time to watch it on television. Players just had no urgency whatsoever, halves kept kicking it directly to opposition (the backline didn’t even have to move at all to catch the ball most of the time), not NRL standard whatsoever. Half time was enough for me.

Mr Bods
29-06-19, 05:21 PM
I saw Peachey at the game but not Taylor

Didn’t anyone sight him???

Mexican titan
29-06-19, 05:26 PM
Can’t say I share your humour
There’s a lot of anger here in the crowd

I know you got a yellow card earlier today Bods but i can see why there is anger. As Manly have plenty to play for I was in their corner today but I am cheesed off as Manly blew a great chance to win by at least 40. I thought the Titans today were as bad as any time this year and it was only Manly being slack saved the score. Titans were simply embarrassing.
Other than Brimson and Kelly the rest should hang their heads. Surely Brennan is gone after that. I half expect him to say that two blokes were on Tommy T everytime he touched the ball. As for the other 12 players well...our aim was to stop him.

DIEHARD
29-06-19, 06:07 PM
Plumbing new lows today. I think the axe will soon fall on Brennan. Especially with the BYE coming up, it would be appropriate timing.

I know we have injuries and some awol players (Not a frequent phenomenon in RL) but there is much I disagree with about his coaching and management style.

It's hard enough being a passionate fan, enduring this punishment but another trying to showcase the team to friends and family members. Something has got to give.

TitansFan
29-06-19, 06:08 PM
Bugger off back to Penrith, Brennan. Take Peachey with you.

JunctionBlock
29-06-19, 06:15 PM
Mate came up from Coffs so I had to go. Ready to leave at half time. I sat there and just admitted to myself that I don't enjoy watching them play. Went to the members bar at half time and the wife won 2 tix to the sheds against Melbourne. I moaned because I thought to myself that means we have to go to another game. The next prize was $100 off next years memberships and I cheered to myself that we didn't win that.

I think brennan has known for some time he's going to get sacked so hasn't given two ****s about a team that knifed him in the back for their crap performances. Can't blame him. Spent the entire trip home talking about how we are in this position for the next two years with these contracts. Neither of us think the club will last that long.

Mexican titan
29-06-19, 06:35 PM

I think brennan has known for some time he's going to get sacked so hasn't given two ****s about a team that knifed him in the back for their crap performances. Can't blame him. Spent the entire trip home talking about how we are in this position for the next two years with these contracts. Neither of us think the club will last that long.

I agree that the players must take a share of the blame for our performances however Brennan clearly is clueless. Just off the top of my head there have been the duds he brought here from Penrith, playing Peats and Rein at the same time, signing Boyd who is a total flop, refusing to take Taylor and drop him, just for starters.
As i said, clueless. Neil Henry must be laughing himself silly.

Titanic Believer
29-06-19, 08:09 PM
There are still a lot of time left in this season. If the pattern remains the same the club will continue to hemorrhage members if not interest. Because of personal circumstances I haven't been able to commit fully to membership so I don't have a large financial stake in it. Nevertheless I have watched or listened to 90+% of their games since they started at Carrara.

I heard the first 10 minutes of the game today then went to sleep. I have finally lost interest. Swapping coaches wouldn't help unless that coach had an excellent recent club record. I was so disappointed to hear in the coaches post game interview about loss of troops.

The issue was raised by the reporters, but to even reflect on what the loss of Ryan James has had on the team beggars belief. I just want to follow a team that consistently competes. A team to be proud I support, (even from a distance). Other teams have had massive injury tolls and have kept themselves in the fight. The team on the field today are not all wet behind the ears youngsters, there is a lot of experience there....no excuses.

With Qld likely to get smashed in the next game and all the Qld teams performing poorly, a year that started with so much hope for me (football wise) has become quite forgettable.

Nols of the Goldy
30-06-19, 12:18 PM
Gold Coast Titans slump to 30-12 defeat to Manly

The pressure on Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan might just be untenable after the sorry Titans all but gave in against Manly for their 11th defeat of the season.

The Titans’ finals hopes are officially gone — and, pretty soon, their coach Garth Brennan could be gone as well.

Brennan has been plunged into a desperate fight to save his job after the Gold Coast bowed out of the playoffs race in June with another dismal display, this time a 30-12 capitulation to Manly at Cbus Super Stadium.

The Titans were a mathematical chance of making the top eight before this game.

Now not even Albert Einstein can save them.

No amount of creative accounting or number crunching can distort the brutal reality that the 15th-placed Titans are a mess.

They have conceded 917 points in the past two seasons under Brennan. They have missed the finals eight times in nine seasons. Their $1 million halfback Ash Taylor is sidelined with personal problems and their midfield defence is so insipid it leaves them in danger of the wooden spoon.

Hardy Titans fans deserve better than the Manly mauling they witnessed here.

With culture-and-performance chief Mal Meninga set to deliver his wide-ranging review to the Titans board in the coming weeks, the buck will surely stop with the coach presiding over the Coast’s latest failed season.

Brennan is contracted for another 12 months but there is no guarantee he will be at the starting blocks in 2020 after suffering his 27th defeat from 39 games.

"There weren’t a lot of positives, it was our poorest performance of the season,” the coach said.

“They had a bit more desire which I can’t put my finger on.”

The five-tries-to-two drubbing at Robina was the Titans’ 11th loss from 15 games this season, with Brennan left to lament another instalment of defensive apathy which saw the Sea Eagles charge to a 20-2 half-time lead.

Speedy winger Phillip Sami tried to lift the hosts with two second-half tries in the 56th and 67th minutes, but by then, Manly had clocked off.

“It was like boys versus men, they just rolled through the ruck and we couldn’t control it,” Brennan said.

“We have been in the fight every game, but we just weren’t in this.

“I can’t remember the last time we put in a performance like that. We have to grow up a bit.”

With the Titans needing victory to keep their slim finals hopes alive, skipper Tyrone Roberts opened the scoring with a fifth-minute penalty goal in his 150th game, but it wasn’t long before the Coast were under siege.

The Titans have had two particular problem areas this season: their midfield and tryline defence. The Sea Eagles quickly exploited both, posting four tries in a first-half blitz as back-rower Curtis Sironen ran riot in his 100th NRL game.

Sironen’s two tries inside the opening 26 minutes underscored the Coast’s red-zone frailty. He needed just eight minutes to barge over from close range and when he produced a carbon-copy charge 18 minutes later, steamrollering Roberts, the Titans were in trouble at 10-2.

Titans centre Brian Kelly was one shining light, making 176 metres and six tackle busts, but every loss is another nail in the coffin for Brennan, who says he has no idea when key playmaker Taylor will be cleared for selection.

“I’d love him back in the team,” he said.

“I want him back in the team but I won’t rush him back until his mental welfare is OK and the specialist clears him.”

Full-time MANLY 30 (C Sironen 2 R Garrick M Suli J Taufua tries R Garrick 5 goals) bt GOLD COAST 12 (P Sami 2 tries T Roberts 2 goals) at Cbus Super Stadium. Referee: Chris Sutton, Phil Henderson.

Nols of the Goldy
30-06-19, 12:30 PM
Gold Coast Titans hooker Nathan Peats talks about players’ meeting after Manly Sea Eagles defeat

NATHAN Peats has revealed how Gold Coast players have vowed to raise their game during training weeks after being made to look like “amateurs” in their 30-12 loss to Manly.

It was an eerie feeling in the Titans sheds in the aftermath of a result caused by a dreadful first half at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Players spoke candidly post-game as they sought to determine how to turn around the sinking ship that is their 2019 season.

"It has just got to come from within. We spoke in there about our attitude being poor with the one percenters around the club and at training and things like that and that relates to the game, it leads to the game,” he said.

“We had a chat about getting away for the week (with their Round 16 bye), enjoying family time and freshen up and then fly into the first session that we have on Sunday leading into the Penrith game with a lot of enthusiasm, so hopefully we can do that.

“It comes down to each individual wanting to buy into the team system and probably at the moment, myself included, we probably haven’t done that throughout the year with the little one percenters and stuff like that.”

Peats, who made 32 tackles in 37 minutes against the Sea Eagles, said he was disappointed for fans who have seen just 19 wins in 63 games since the start of 2017.

“They have had a few rough years … it’s not good for the fans and it’s not good for the NRL in general,” the NSW Origin rake said.

“The NRL needs the Titans to be successful – we have got such a great young catchment of players coming through and from the Northern Rivers.

“We’re just not winning games and it’s just disappointing.”

Mr Bods
30-06-19, 01:52 PM
^^^ I don’t see much evidence there of a meeting
They are just going to have their break and then go back to training

gotitans101_
30-06-19, 02:11 PM
lol players meeting. Yeah that's going to change things.

SCoast Titan
30-06-19, 06:52 PM
How bout instead of going on a holiday the players all be honest and say “hey after that performance we don’t deserve it” and the coaching staff flogg them at training everyday for the next couple of weeks

DIEHARD
30-06-19, 07:04 PM
I'm really alarmed seeing comments by Titans fans who I know on facebook. One has a daughter who has supported our club for over a decade, well she had a Dragons birthday cake yesterday. This terrifies me but I understand it.

I persist because I always was a Titans fan, when the club came on the scene it there was such an exciting buzz and many top quality signings to get extremely excited about, Presto, Prince and Bailey. And some smaller names who also excited me like Friend, Webster and Chris Walker.

But if I was taking a look at our club today, with real time social media comments by bystanders and Titans fans who seem to be in weekly pain and suffering, would I choose the Titans?

Something has to change, quickly.

Mexican titan
30-06-19, 07:06 PM
How bout instead of going on a holiday the players all be honest and say “hey after that performance we don’t deserve it” and the coaching staff flogg them at training everyday for the next couple of weeks

I don't think flogging them over the bye week would help. The useless coaching staff obviously have nothing to offer so what would more of the same do, and some of the players have limited ability/commitment so what would change.

It is good that Peats has stuck his head up but that pathetic kick on the 4th tackle that went dead and which no one else on the side knew was coming, still lingers in my mind. He is one of many whose performances have been well below expectations.

Mexican titan
30-06-19, 07:19 PM
I'm really alarmed seeing comments by Titans fans who I know on facebook. One has a daughter who has supported our club for over a decade, well she had a Dragons birthday cake yesterday. This terrifies me but I understand it.

Something has to change, quickly.

Unfortunately DH it is simply a case of winning and winning consistently. One good win followed up by a month of rubbish will not convince anybody. I think the bigger issue is that people like me who actually pays for the memberships in my household will not be renewing next season. Even the positive people like DB are not going to games now so if we think that, then our kids will be influenced. The kids will be back as soon as we get a serious team, as we cannot forget the early years when there was a 20,000 average at our games. I tried to get my kids to follow Manly but when the Titans were doing quite well they were fanatical Titans fans. Even though I have paid for their memberships, yesterday they didn't want to go. Those people, including my kids, are still out there just waiting for a team to follow.

The silence from the owners has been deafening. I'm sure something must be happening behind the scenes as the two of them are far too successful to tolerate the rubbish that has been presented. Even yesterday, the areas that are usually quite full with season ticket holders were about a quarter full, so if people are not going to games that they have already paid for, then how many are going to waste their money next season. Personally I have better things to do with $1,100 and I'm sick of saying just give it one more year.

JunctionBlock
30-06-19, 07:22 PM
If they took an honest assessment and made honest comments then perhaps they should fall on their own sword or put others too the sword. If they take an honest assessment then they should be refusing to take to the field whilst certain players are picked. Peachey is first cab off the rank. Ash another. People are just too soft these days rather than calling out peoples bull**** face to face.

We've had enough talk and we are heading into Rd 17 with no chance of making finals.

Just adding to MT above. The Titans will see my money again when they have a team that plays for something.

Mr Bods
30-06-19, 07:24 PM
Yeah the silence of the owners doesn’t worry me
I think it means they already have decided and put in place a plan of action

DIEHARD
30-06-19, 07:25 PM
I'm at least glad that people can feel that they can speak candidly about how they feel. Without this rubbish of being disloyal or not a real fan. I have always hated that attitude and the perpetrators of that disposition. If we are going to survive, there needs to be a lot of real, robust talk.

What is so frustrating is that half the puzzle is there, but we fail in so many important areas. Yea, including winning consistently. Snagging the odd win isn't good enough when three loses follow.

We are in real danger of the spoon, but even that doesn't seem like the most ominous sword hanging over our heads.

Mexican titan
30-06-19, 07:36 PM
If they took an honest assessment and made honest comments then perhaps they should fall on their own sword or put others too the sword. If they take an honest assessment then they should be refusing to take to the field whilst certain players are picked. Peachey is first cab off the rank. Ash another. People are just too soft these days rather than calling out peoples bull**** face to face.

Spot on with the comments about making players accountable. This crap about giving players a hug, ffs they are rugby league players. Take a week off as you have some personal issues, totally overlooking the fact that you have played like crap for 18 months. I'm still trying to work out why he didn't play QCup this weekend. Yes, build your confidence up by not playing any level... but hopefully he got a high score on his Playstation this weekend while we subsidised his wage.
Rant over. You blokes have fired me up tonight. I might be heading for one of Bodsie's yellow cards, maybe a straight red!

Mr Bods
30-06-19, 07:38 PM
Spot on with the comments about making players accountable. This crap about giving players a hug, ffs they are rugby league players. Take a week off as you have some personal issues, totally overlooking the fact that you have played like crap for 18 months. I'm still trying to work out why he didn't play QCup this weekend. Yes, build your confidence up by not playing any level... but hopefully he got a high score on his Playstation this weekend while we subsidised his wage.
Rant over. You blokes have fired me up tonight. I might be heading for one of Bodsie's yellow cards, maybe a straight red!

That reminds me
I asked yesterday and nobody answered

Did anyone see Taylor at the game??
The non-response suggests he wasn’t there

Dooldog76
30-06-19, 07:57 PM
I can't remember. I proceeded to get paralytic after the first 20 mins to numb the pain.

Bayside Titan
30-06-19, 08:16 PM
That reminds me
I asked yesterday and nobody answered

Did anyone see Taylor at the game??
The non-response suggests he wasn’t there

He wasn’t sitting on the players bench. However he could have been in the Coaches box or in the Corporate arras.