PDA

View Full Version : Round 14: TITANS vs NZ WARRIORS (2019)

DIEHARD
09-06-19, 02:33 PM
Titans vs NZ Warriors

Titslover
10-06-19, 03:36 PM
Titans vs NZ Warriors

Proctor is out for 2-3 weeks with a fractured eye socket. It looks like Hipgrave will be suspended for his shoulder charge too. So Cartwright will be on one edge and who will our other backrower be??

mdrew
10-06-19, 04:37 PM
So Keegan Hipgrave gets offered a week for a shoulder charge but Josh Maguire gets a fine for an alleged eye gouge, his second of the season and third in a year?

Dobes
10-06-19, 05:03 PM
Proctor is out for 2-3 weeks with a fractured eye socket. It looks like Hipgrave will be suspended for his shoulder charge too. So Cartwright will be on one edge and who will our other backrower be??

If I had to guess, I'd say Whitbread will probably take that other back rower spot. I just hope they don't bring Matthews into the side...

BundyTitan
10-06-19, 06:29 PM
Darius Farmer might even get a debut too? Off the bench

Mr Bods
10-06-19, 06:35 PM
Might have to hold off on releasing Peachey for another week while Hipgrave does his suspension.
I wonder if Arrow/Cartwright could both do an 80min job in the 2nd row with Whitbread being the starting Lock.

If Matthews is in the 17 then I’ll be quite upset.

Upthetits
10-06-19, 06:41 PM
Darius Farmer might even get a debut too? Off the bench

Do you think he is ready mdrew? Id be interested to let him a have a crack over mathews. Our seasons over anyway, why not start giving these young guys a go?

mdrew
10-06-19, 07:05 PM
Darius is a talent but he would need to have his contract upgraded and with some more QCup seasoning will be a good palyer

Do you think he is ready mdrew? Id be interested to let him a have a crack over mathews. Our seasons over anyway, why not start giving these young guys a go?

GCTTSD
11-06-19, 09:15 AM
I've always wondered if arrow would be better in the back row, runs hard and has a good offload in him, wouldn't get battered and injured as much from carrying the team in the middle, and would improve our edge defence and we have plenty of middle forwards who can play lock

ozynorts
11-06-19, 04:28 PM
Titans: 1. AJ Brimson 2. Anthony Don 3. Jesse Arthars 4. Brian Kelly 5. Dale Copley 6. Tyrone Roberts 7. Ryley Jacks 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Nathan Peats 10. Moeaki Fotuaika 11. Bryce Cartwright 12. Tyrone Peachey 13. Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14. Mitch Rein 15. Shannon Boyd 16. Jai Whitbread 17. Jack Stockwell

Reserves: 18. Will Matthews 19. Max King 20. Phillip Sami 21. Brenko Lee

Warriors: 1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (c) 2 David Fusitu’a 3 Peta Hiku 4 Patrick Herbert 5 Ken Maumalo 6 Kodi Nikorima 7 Blake Green 8 Agnatius Paasi 9 Issac Luke 10 Leeson Ah Mau 11 Isaiah Papali’i 12 Tohu Harris 13 Adam Blair

Interchange: 14 Jazz Tevaga 15 Bunty Afoa 16 Lachlan Burr 17 Karl Lawton

Reserves: 18 Gerard Beale 20 Chanel Harris-Tavita 21 Ligi Sao 23 Leivaha Pulu

- - - Updated - - -

Puke, Cartwright and Peachey starting.. We are really short of quality back row options.

Dooldog76
11-06-19, 04:29 PM
Yep, back row looks soft

JunctionBlock
11-06-19, 04:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/GmPiZgl.png

Matthews at 18. Oh god

Mr Bods
11-06-19, 05:19 PM
If the 80min effort is there then selections don’t matter. Even Cartwright and Peachey on the edges.
I think our team seriously owe the fans and members a wholehearted 80min crack at it.

Go out and bloody smash them.

Dooldog76
11-06-19, 05:37 PM
What's wrong with king? Is he injured?

JunctionBlock
11-06-19, 05:39 PM
Warriors hit by illness before Titans game
June 11, 2019 1:41 pm in Sport by AAP
Several Warriors players have been laid low by gastroenteritis, providing an unwanted birthday surprise for beleaguered coach Stephen Kearney.

Key members of the spine were among four players forced to skip training on Tuesday, three days out from their NRL match against the Titans on the Gold Coast.

Kearney confirmed halfback Blake Green and hookers Issac Luke and Karl Lawton had been struck down, along with utility back Blake Ayshford.

The illnesses are forecast to be short-term but it creates a juggling act for the Kiwi club, who are anxious no other players are affected when they board their trans-Tasman flight on Wednesday morning.

It also adds to mounting problems for Kearney, whose team were dismantled 32-10 by Melbourne on Saturday.

Their eighth loss of the campaign dropped them to 13th, leaving several players openly questioning the team’s mental toughness.

Kearney was equally flummoxed post-match on Saturday but his mood had lightened when his 47th birthday dawned on Tuesday.

He was successful in creating a light-hearted vibe to exorcise the memory of a dreadful second half which the Storm dominated 24-0.

“When we’re playing our best footy, we’re enjoying ourselves,” Kearney said.

“That’s why you heard a bit of laughter around the place and good spirit, because we’re that type of footy team.

“(But) we need to make sure we improve and make sure it’s an 80-minute performance. When Melbourne put us under a bit of pressure there, we didn’t handle it real well.”

The game will be the 300th for former Storm, Wests Tigers and Broncos forward Adam Blair.

He will join Reuben Wiki and Simon Mannering as the only Kiwis to reach the milestone.

Former Warriors skipper Mannering, who retired last year, is expected to address the players before kickoff.

Kearney believes Blair has put his early-season wobbles behind him and will keep building on the improved showings of recent weeks.

“He’s a competitor and he’s an experienced player and he knows how to work himself back (into form),” he said.

“That’s what guys of his experience do. Adam will know himself he just has to go out there and execute his job.”

JunctionBlock
12-06-19, 12:19 PM
Not a good look when the club needs to discount tickets to this game. From my point of view as a member, I sit in the cheap seats in steel category. So If they want to fill this with non-members then they should move us to better seats and offer the seats I'm in for the cheap tix. Not much incentive to buy next year when cheap tickets are always on offer.

Mr Bods
12-06-19, 12:59 PM
Not a good look when the club needs to discount tickets to this game. From my point of view as a member, I sit in the cheap seats in steel category. So If they want to fill this with non-members then they should move us to better seats and offer the seats I'm in for the cheap tix. Not much incentive to buy next year when cheap tickets are always on offer.

That’s a good point that. I’m all for the cheap seats to try and grow the fan base however fans like you most certainly should be upgraded as a consequence. Hope the club reads that. There are plenty of empty seats in the Titanium Western Stand for legends like yourself to be upgraded to.

lonegull
12-06-19, 12:59 PM
Good point you raise JunctionBlock, very valid be interesting to get this raised with the membership dept

mdrew
14-06-19, 10:13 AM
Just a reminder that the Titans U18's are playing North Queensland in the curtain raiser starting at 3.20pm for the people that are able to get there a bit earlier, some very talented young men in the Titans side I am sure

lonegull
14-06-19, 02:19 PM
Just a reminder that the Titans U18's are playing North Queensland in the curtain raiser starting at 3.20pm for the people that are able to get there a bit earlier, some very talented young men in the Titans side I am sure

Be good to see a team list for this game to have a look at some names

Titslover
14-06-19, 02:31 PM
The mole just tweeted "goodluck to a great prospect this afternoon Jack Smith from the Titans u18's. Any word on him mdrew?

mdrew
14-06-19, 02:36 PM
He is on a Titans scholarship mate and played NSW U16's last year mate and has come up to PBC, I would assume that he plays fullback this afternoon.

He is currently playing for Currumbin in the Gold Coast rugby league U18 Division One competition and is a very good ball runner who can play multiple positions.

The mole just tweeted "goodluck to a great prospect this afternoon Jack Smith from the Titans u18's. Any word on him mdrew?

lonegull
14-06-19, 02:41 PM

Very good prospect comes from Forbes and was part of the strong Red Bend College team which is always a powerhouse in Western NSW.

mdrew
14-06-19, 02:46 PM
Sorry mate, I do not know the entire side but I would assume the likes of Will Evans, Lofi Khan-Pierara, Brodyn Gudgeon, Tristian Powell, Noah Gafa, Ben Liyou, Solomon Torrens, Jake Martin, Ediq Ambrosyev, George Etuale-Noa, Jake Smith amongst others will be there.

Be good to see a team list for this game to have a look at some names

lonegull
14-06-19, 02:54 PM
Sorry mate, I do not know the entire side but I would assume the likes of Will Evans, Lofi Khan-Pierara, Brodyn Gudgeon, Tristian Powell, Noah Gafa, Ben Liyou, Solomon Torrens, Jake Martin, Ediq Ambrosyev, George Etuale-Noa, Jake Smith amongst others will be there.

thanks mate hopefully the titans will put something up on their website

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 06:04 PM
Peachey already throwing the match.

lonegull
14-06-19, 06:07 PM
Peachey already throwing the match.

Yep thought the same he doesn’t give a ****

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 06:16 PM
Peachey is off

gotitans101_
14-06-19, 06:17 PM
I hate this team.

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 06:17 PM
Dog **** can go pack his bags and **** off tonight

lonegull
14-06-19, 06:20 PM
What a great game plan 5 hit ups and kick to RTS

gotitans101_
14-06-19, 06:21 PM
What a great game plan 5 hit ups and kick to RTS

lmao nothing surprises me with this team anymore

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 06:23 PM
Paid 4 pass season holder sitting at home and happy with my decision not to waste mine and my families time and effort to watch this at the stadium.

gotitans101_
14-06-19, 06:26 PM
Can we get rid of Don? He's ****ing useless. Has to be the slowest winger in the comp.

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 06:26 PM
lmao nothing surprises me with this team anymore

Is it surprising that we moved our most effective FRF over to the edge second row because Peachey is dogging the boys?

Boonarga
14-06-19, 06:27 PM
Always fun when we are the away team at home. Every Warriors match here.

ja4220
14-06-19, 06:28 PM
Dog **** can go pack his bags and **** off tonight

Mate if he has done a pec we are stuck with him!

gotitans101_
14-06-19, 06:28 PM
Taylor wouldn't have run that.

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 06:29 PM
Mate if he has done a pec we are stuck with him!

He hasn't done a pec, only thing he is done with is playing for the Titans.

- - - Updated - - -

Taylor wouldn't have run that.

Taylor would have been on the other side of the field hanging with his mate KP

TitansState
14-06-19, 06:32 PM
Good reply to that bs forward pass call

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 06:36 PM
Good try. Kept alive well.

- - - Updated - - -

Well ****, now we're screwed, hope he's OK

- - - Updated - - -

And Peachey doesn't even sub back on.

Mr Bods
14-06-19, 06:38 PM
Can I have an injury update on Peachey and Arrow please

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 06:41 PM
Can I have an injury update on Peachey and Arrow please

Peachey is a pussy and maybe has a cork in his chestickle. Arrow has done his ankle, unknown to what degree. Kevin Walters is finally caring about a Titan.

Mr Bods
14-06-19, 06:43 PM
Peachey is a pussy and maybe has a cork. Arrow has done his ankle, unknown to what degree. Kevin Walters is finally caring about a Titan.

You stay on with a Cork!!

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 06:44 PM
You stay on with a Cork!!

Unless you don't care and are waiting for your release and don't want to risk further ouchies. He didn't even sub back on when Arrow left.

Mr Bods
14-06-19, 06:52 PM
Gee Arrow looked bad coming off

Dooldog76
14-06-19, 06:53 PM
They're having a dig.

Mr Bods
14-06-19, 06:56 PM
Is Mo playing 2nd row?? Peachey by the way looks fine.

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 06:58 PM
Is Mo playing 2nd row?? Peachey by the way looks fine.

Yes MoFo moved to the edge and Peachey returned to the bench where he still remains.

Half time wrap and still no more news on Arrow. But it doesn't look good at all.

DavidBouveng
14-06-19, 07:03 PM
our ball movement is much much sharper, even when down 12-0.

Mr Bods
14-06-19, 07:06 PM
If Peachey has a cork and doesn’t return with us losing Arrow then he is a disgrace
Anything worse and it’s forgivable
Arrow looked like a dreaded high ankle sprain
Terrible

GCTTSD
14-06-19, 07:11 PM
Does jacks have a kicking game?

- - - Updated - - -

Cartwright looks good on the right with his right arm offload

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 07:28 PM
If Peachey has a cork and doesn’t return with us losing Arrow then he is a disgrace
Anything worse and it’s forgivable
Arrow looked like a dreaded high ankle sprain
Terrible

Peachey is proving a point...trade me or get nothing out of me.

If I was the coach I'd tell him to turn up to training ready for tackle practice and just have have every forward on a rotation run at him till he walks away then fine him for leaving practice and do the same till he tears his own contract up.

Dooldog76
14-06-19, 07:34 PM
Heart meds time

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 07:37 PM
Peats just killed us on that play. WTF was he thinking sprinting out and throwing an arm out and leaving a gap like that?

TitansState
14-06-19, 07:38 PM
Peats just killed us on that play. WTF was he thinking sprinting out and throwing an arm out and leaving a gap like that?

Unbelievable

Mr Bods
14-06-19, 07:38 PM
Peachey should be bloody out there not both Rein and Peats

lonegull
14-06-19, 07:41 PM
Something to look forward to against manly we will have stockwell and Mathews in the side

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 07:45 PM
As porky pig would say. That's all folks.

BundyTitan
14-06-19, 07:45 PM
Sigh, no words

gotitans101_
14-06-19, 07:47 PM
I am deflated. I'm sick of this team.

Mr Bods
14-06-19, 07:47 PM
Once again our team disappoints the home fans

lonegull
14-06-19, 07:48 PM
I got nothing all I can say is some players in this titans side are pathetic we are a joke and guess what we are only half way through the year been a member since 2007 but starting to think why do I keep wasting my hard earned on this rabble

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 07:49 PM
Good garbage time points for AJ

gotitans101_
14-06-19, 07:50 PM
I got nothing all I can say is some players in this titans side are pathetic we are a joke and guess what we are only half way through the year been a member since 2007 but starting to think why do I keep wasting my hard earned on this rabble

Where the hell does this club go from here though? It's the same **** every year.

lonegull
14-06-19, 07:50 PM
So Garth press conference “you can’t fault this team with their effort they never give up we tried hard and I am happy with the performance”

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 07:51 PM
At least if Garth says we never gave up I'll believe him today. With the exception of one player who should never wear a Titans jersey again.

gotitans101_
WHY IS SHANNON BOYD SO SOFT FFS. LOOK AT THE SIZE OF HIM.

lonegull
Where the hell does this club go from here though? It's the same **** every year.

Not sure mate I thought this year we may have turned the corner but to me they have gone backwards

gotitans101_
14-06-19, 07:52 PM
Not sure mate I thought this year we may have turned the corner but to me they have gone backwards

We say that every year lol

lonegull
14-06-19, 07:53 PM
At least if Garth says we never gave up I'll believe him today. With the exception of one player who should never wear a Titans jersey again.

The problem the titans have know is that if he is injured and out for the year he will just sit out the year take his money and leave after the year has finished

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 07:53 PM
OHHHH BOY here we go. Ready for that glimmer of hope? How will it end this time?

TitansState
14-06-19, 07:55 PM
Classic Blair. Dog

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 07:56 PM
Against 12 now!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hero to absolute ZERO

Boonarga
14-06-19, 07:57 PM
WHY IS SHANNON BOYD SO SOFT FFS. LOOK AT THE SIZE OF HIM.

What game were you watching? He was very good tonight.

lonegull
14-06-19, 07:57 PM
No halfback to step up and take control that’s where other million dollar halfbacks win games but wait that’s right

gotitans101_
14-06-19, 07:58 PM

His post contact metres are garbage. It's one thing to take a hit up, it's another to actually bend the line. This bloke is massive, he's on big money and yet he takes a hit-up and almost instantly hits the deck almost every time. It's not good enough.

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 07:59 PM
Hahahaha Ash getting the blame when he's 300 kms away. FMD

- - - Updated - - -

His post contact metres are garbage. It's one thing to take a hit up. It's another to actually bend the line.

I'm with you 101. We used to call people like him shovels. They go to ground faster than a shovel digging a hole. Big boy but stops at the line and falls straight down. People half his size can dance down field after contact.

Dooldog76
14-06-19, 07:59 PM
We had a crack. Cartwright, Kelly and arthars were all standouts.

BundyTitan
14-06-19, 08:01 PM
That was one of the stupidest plays I've seen possibly ever. Attacking against a tired 12 man side where we should be spreading and hitting their edges and AJ kicks behind 3 forwards straight to the fullback. Yes he's young and he will learn but my god that's common sense.

JunctionBlock
14-06-19, 08:01 PM
We had the refs on our side more than not in that game. Didin't have the 2nd rowers we needed and sure didn't have one player in particular who felt like suiting up tonight. Trade him immediately. I'll even help the bludging prick pack.

gotitans101_
14-06-19, 08:02 PM
It was a brain explosion by AJ. I can forgive him for that because he isn't the one failing to produce week after week like some in this team. The bigger question to be asked is after all that possession near their line in the second half, why we couldn't score any points out of it. Useless.

BundyTitan
14-06-19, 08:03 PM
Not directed at you Dooldog but I'm sick of hearing "we had a crack and tried our best" (no doubt we will hear that from Garth. That's not good enough in sport where you play for wins. I'd say that loss just about confirms we will finish bottom 4, Panthers are improving and we are very much below Cowboys, Broncos and Dragons. Sigh this team is ridiculously inconsistent.

Dooldog76
14-06-19, 08:07 PM
No offence taken. I'm gutted as much as everyone else. Just looking for positives.

RavShamrock
14-06-19, 08:08 PM

Yes mate he was much better tonight.

TitansState
14-06-19, 08:12 PM
didn't have one player in particular who felt like suiting up tonight. Trade him immediately. I'll even help the bludging prick pack.

Agreed. There's been no denial from Brennan that Peachey wants out. Imagine other guys in this squad who desperately want to play first grade but instead are insulted by the fact that a player who lets it be known that he doesn't want to play for your team still gets named. Embarrassing.

Randomologist
14-06-19, 08:22 PM
Definitely a poor decision by AJ, but 15 seconds left against a 12 man team needing a try. There was absolutely nothing set up, he shouldn't have been shoveled the ball with nothing happening.

Mr Bods
14-06-19, 08:24 PM
I’m sick of the disappointment
Having Peats and Rein on together was a disaster
Peachey better have more than a Cork
What a piece of work he is if that’s all it is
He had to be out there at Lock at the end

Once again Brennan can’t get his team to perform at home
It all just sucks

And AJ!!! That option at the end was awful. There was time for another play and he does that.
Jesus Christ

Titslover
14-06-19, 08:31 PM
Blame Peats. Absolutely woeful decision on the 5th tackle and everything fell apart after that. And who would think that Moeaki was the best option in the 2nd row? He didn't do much wrong but he is our best metre eater in the middle. You'd think someone like Whitbread could've gone out there.

lonegull
14-06-19, 08:49 PM
Blame Peats. Absolutely woeful decision on the 5th tackle and everything fell apart after that. And who would think that Moeaki was the best option in the 2nd row? He didn't do much wrong but he is our best metre eater in the middle. You'd think someone like Whitbread could've gone out there.

Totally agree but with Garth at the helm nothing surprises me no more

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone wants to see what sort of coach we have watch the first 20 seconds of his press conference, as a member of this club how can a coach come out and say this I felt like jumping down the iPhone screen and slapping him in the head to knock some sense into him.

DavidBouveng
14-06-19, 09:18 PM
played ok for a lot of that game.

Peats forcing the issue when we were nursing a lead was very poor and panicked us when we didnt need to.

I dont have any problems with AJ at the end. Second last play and nothing doing... better than just getting tackled like Ash would. Copley running into touch on second tackle earlier in game bothers me more.

Carty was awesome tonight. His subtle hands and ability to get passes away look so smooth and useful. He looks so much better on the right hand side.

Mo and Wallace worked so hard and Boyd finally got some quick play the balls after bending the line.

No Ash and No Proctor make us a much better team, but we should have put more points on in that first 20 if second half with the huge possession we had. no one to blame once again but ourselves.

Mr Bods
14-06-19, 09:48 PM
I just watched the beginning of the Press Conference and my god he’s proud of tonight
The most proud he’s been all year

It’s because we lost two players and didn’t give up

Guess What??? Two weeks ago we LOST to NQ who were in the exact same predicament.
When they did it he was proud and we were unlucky.

But when we fail doing it he’s just proud so proud

The disconnect and lack of accountability this bloke has for the basic stat of wins and losses is beyond belief

I want this guy sacked

PS and when representing us at a press conference get rid of the bloody chewing gum

gotitans101_
14-06-19, 10:08 PM
Looks like I won't bother watching the presser then lol

More looking forward to watching Paul Green's presser over that penalty try awarded to the Tigers which probably shouldn't have been.

Whats Doing
14-06-19, 10:17 PM
The last comment from SuperCoach in the presser is just bewildering. He said if we play like that for the rest of the season we will win more games than we lose. Considering our win/loss record and that we couldn’t beat a bottom 6 side at home the bloke has no idea.

I am confident we will be in the bottom 2 at the end of the year.

Mr Bods
14-06-19, 10:18 PM
The Snake oil salesman is In his final desperate acts now
He’s staring down the barrel of the TV cameras and the journos At the press conference and selling mediocrity
He’s selling mediocrity to the players, members, staff, owners and to the wider rugby league world

In the World According To Garth so long as you don’t roll over and get done by 30 points when under what’s just the usual adversity that any team goes through on a weekly basis then you are a success.

Well I don’t buy what this bloke is selling.
I want 80mins effort, week in and week out, pride in their performances at home and a respectable win-loss ratio.
Taxi to Cooly For Brennan

gotitans101_
14-06-19, 10:19 PM
The Snake oil salesman is In his final desperate acts now
He’s staring down the barrel of the conference and selling mediocrity
He’s selling mediocrity to the players, members, staff, owners and to the wider rugby league world

In the World According To Garth so long as you don’t roll over and get done by 30 points when under what’s just the usual adversity that any team goes through on a weekly basis then you are a success.

Well I don’t buy what this bloke is selling.
I want 80mins effort, week in and week out, pride in their performances at home and a respectable win-loss ratio.
Taxi to Cooly For Brennan

In his defense, no coach other than Cartwright back in the day had the ability to get an 80 minute performance out of us.

Dooldog76
15-06-19, 09:51 AM
Does he get up and sink the boot into a team that lost two forwards and is already low on confidence?

Mr Bods
15-06-19, 10:24 AM
Does he get up and sink the boot into a team that lost two forwards and is already low on confidence?

Is that question directed at me Dools or is it more a philosophical one for the entire board?

Dooldog76
15-06-19, 11:08 AM
Not directed at anyone. Just a point that it would be even poorer coaching from a club perspective if he did that.

JunctionBlock
15-06-19, 11:59 AM

Not the whole team. Just the dog that wouldn’t go back after he got a love tap on his man boob. He should have destroyed him as unprofessional and undeserving of playing NRL.

BundyTitan
15-06-19, 12:12 PM
Craig Bellamy gave a rocket of a public spray to his players in the press conference earlier in the year when the Storm had an off game and threatened to drop the entire team. We have a coach who says he's proud of the players every week even when they throw games away with stupidness. I will give them a bit of slack for last night because we were down 2 men for basically the whole game, but it speaks levels on the difference between coaches and sides.

RavShamrock
15-06-19, 03:49 PM
I’ll tell you one thing this team is doing very well at the moment and that is poking thru the line and getting very quick play the balls which is rolling us down field but we lack the vision, leadership, courage and polish to take full advantage.
I think a top quality hooker would certainly help for starters.

Dooldog76
15-06-19, 05:19 PM
Not the whole team. Just the dog that wouldn’t go back after he got a love tap on his man boob. He should have destroyed him as unprofessional and undeserving of playing NRL.

Yeh, he looked pissed about the peachy thing in the presser.

DavidBouveng
15-06-19, 07:25 PM
he looked a bit defeated i thought in the presser, as in none of this matters, i'm toast anyways.

Dooldog76
15-06-19, 07:51 PM
I agree, I also agree with the chewing gum thing. It annoyed the crap out of me.

Titanic Believer
16-06-19, 09:27 AM
I agree, I also agree with the chewing gum thing. It annoyed the crap out of me.

Me too. I may be just be old, but its the height of disrespect to the public as is the "I couldnt find my razor" look often presented by coaches.

On the game, Parra's win over the Broncs puts last week into perspective.

An old centre/second rower isn't going to solve our problems. only a creative playmaker will penetrate goal line defenses. Getting down field hasn't been our problem all year (although with Arrow out it may become one) It's from ten metres out that the problem lies.

NZFan
16-06-19, 10:21 AM
An old centre/second rower isn't going to solve our problems. only a creative playmaker will penetrate goal line defenses. Getting down field hasn't been our problem all year (although with Arrow out it may become one) It's from ten metres out that the problem lies.

See for me that lies with the coaching that is being given. We have the creativity in the roster but our game plans often seem so misguided. Taylor was hailed as having one of the best short kicking games going around but he hasn't been instructed to use it. Instead we do these shifts from one side of the field to the other, with nobody straightening the attack or holding the defence up by cutting back against the grain.

We also need an attacking winger to score the points though. Too often do we create space to see Don or Copley cut back in because it is the safe play. The better wingers in the comp don't do that, the see an opportunity and take it. I don't mind Copley doing it so much because he is actually strong and occasionally pulls something out of nothing but all Don ever does is cut back in and go to ground.

All in all our defence this year is much better. I think we can all agree with that. But you need to score points to win games. It is that simple.

Bart
16-06-19, 10:29 AM

How did they go mate

Titanic
16-06-19, 10:37 AM
I can’t bring myself to comment and the gum chewing thing is too annoying to be even bothered watching that.