PDA

View Full Version : Round 12: TITANS vs COWBOYS (2019)

DIEHARD
25-05-19, 07:09 PM
TITANS vs COWBOYS

gotitans101_
25-05-19, 07:46 PM
We can beat the Cows imo, although Taumalololololo is in great form atm and will be hard to contain especially without the likes of Arrow in the team.

JunctionBlock
26-05-19, 06:37 PM
Looks like we keep Peachey hahahaha no jersey for him. Let that sink in buddy. Cowboys should loose Morgan, Scott?, McGuire.

Should be interesting.

DIEHARD
26-05-19, 08:50 PM
Oh yea Origin outs...

lonegull
26-05-19, 09:21 PM
Morgan a massive out for the cows

Titslover
26-05-19, 10:05 PM
Word is that Wallace will miss out on a QLD spot. He’s been great the past 2 weeks clearly trying to earn his spot, I expect him to be fired up again this week which will be good news for us.

BundyTitan
27-05-19, 08:53 AM
O'Neill also out with a ruptured spleen too. Which means they will be down him, McGuire, Morgan and possibly Scott if he is either injured or picked for QLD.

Looks like we will only be down Arrow as it seems Wallace will miss out as you said hangingon.

JunctionBlock
27-05-19, 10:06 AM
Correct and correct. Jwal dropped from origin squad. Hope this is the wake up call for some of these players who THINK they are doing a good job.

Mr Bods
27-05-19, 06:16 PM
Our team need to show they can be consistent and show a bit of respect to us fans this week by playing an 80min intense and smart effort.

Also with it being at home and the players out for NQ I think it will be just as ugly again for Brennan as the loss to Canterbury If we lose. He’s only bought himself one week of respite with the Manly win.

SCoast Titan
28-05-19, 04:24 PM
Is Michael Gordon still injured or not selected??

Mr Bods
28-05-19, 04:59 PM
Gordon was meant to have a one week injury three weeks ago.
If fit which I presume he is I’d have him on a wing, Copley Centre and Arthurs unluckily would miss out

JunctionBlock
28-05-19, 07:22 PM
https://i.imgur.com/TNJ4AGg.png

Titslover
28-05-19, 08:17 PM
I'd prefer we bring Gordon in on the wing for Don. I love the Don but every week he comes in off his winger and they score out wide because of it. We need Gordon's goal kicking, and Arthars has barely seen the ball the past 2 weeks so I'd keep him.

DavidBouveng
28-05-19, 08:51 PM
that is an awful cowboys team, seriously.

If we cant get it done at home against that mob we are kidding and its time to microwave the membership cards.

also - we play storm twice, roosters once, and i guess after last weekend i will include Newcastle as a decent team in last half of season. Other than that we play all the middling teams...about 10 rounds of mediocrity and we have no excuses as a team not to knock up a bunch of wins if they have any ideas of getting something out of this season.

JunctionBlock
29-05-19, 07:23 AM
that is an awful cowboys team, seriously.

If we cant get it done at home against that mob we are kidding and its time to microwave the membership cards.

Hope the staff are able to get the team into a mindset that it isn't a bye round us unlike the rest of the league. Like you said, memberships on the line, I walked away from the Dogs game vowing never to return, last week got them a one game reprieve from my perspective.

Bayside Titan
31-05-19, 09:27 PM
There have been significant changes to the Traffic Management Plan for the Cbus Super Stadium precinct ahead of Sunday’s game between the Titans and the North Queensland Cowboys, and for the remainder of the NRL season.
Please read the following changes carefully to make your entry and exit to and from the Stadium as easy as possible.

Reason for changes
The pedestrian ‘spine’ (including Sports Way) from the transport hub to Cbus Super Stadium will be closed due to ongoing construction in and around the area. The following Traffic Management changes have been made and will be in effect for the remainder of the season.

Key Information
To access the Stadium from the transport hub, after descending the staircase you must now walk along the footpath via Centreline Place (Gates A/B/C) or Cheltenham Rd and Stadium Dr (Gates D/E/F) - Please follow the signage.
On exiting the Stadium (please follow signage and directions of staff):
Those heading towards Robina Town Centre, taxi/ride-share passengers, limousine clients and charter bus passengers must use the exit route via Stadium Drive (road closest to Gates C & D on the eastern side of the stadium);
Event Shuttle Bus and train passengers may use either the exit route via Centreline Place (road closest to Gate B) or Stadium Drive (road closest to Gates C & D) to access the transport hub overpass staircase
The taxi rank and ride-share pick up/drop off zones have been relocated to Cheltenham Drive (south-eastern end of the Stadium).
Red Sticker Bus pre-event drop off and post-event pick up point will now be located approximately 100m south of the boom gate, on the northern side of the ramp leading up to the upper level of the transport hub.
Centreline Pl, East Ln, Cheltenham Rd, Stadium Dr, Promethean Way, Sports Way and Cheltenham Dr will be closed to all vehicles from the start of halftime of the NRL game (approximately 4:45pm this Sunday).
Vehicles parked in the Western Car Park and Eastern Car Park will face slightly extended delays exiting the stadium precinct at the end of the event. These delays could range from 40-60 minutes, depending on the size of the crowd in attendance. The road will be reopened as soon as Police deem it safe.

For more detailed information please see below:

GETTING HERE
For details on: Public Transport (Rail/Bus/Taxi/Ride Share), Patron Paths To/From Stadium

ACCESSIBILITY
For details on: Red Sticker Bus

Enjoy the event!

DIEHARD
02-06-19, 12:45 AM
http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/IMG_5596.jpg
http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/IMG_5597.jpg
http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/IMG_5598-1.jpg

Upthetits
02-06-19, 11:45 AM
We better win this game.

Dooldog76
02-06-19, 02:41 PM
A bit nervous to be honest

psmitty
02-06-19, 03:42 PM
This could be the nail in Brennan's coffin if we lose. Here is hoping we speed up the inevitable.

DIEHARD
02-06-19, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone, I'm watching too but 20mins behind the live broadcast. Talk after.

JunctionBlock
02-06-19, 04:29 PM
Hipgraves first penalty of the season. Congratulations to him.

- - - Updated - - -

For those watching the game on Fox, if you started a drinking game that you had to skoll everytime you hear the commentator say "Taylor...short ball to Proctor" do you think you'd be alive by the end of the game?

gotitans101_
02-06-19, 04:52 PM
Can't believe it's only 4-0. I don't have a good feeling about this at all.

Mr Bods
02-06-19, 04:55 PM

Ditto. Wouldn’t surprise me if NQ score a soft try early in the 2nd half and we just fall away.

JunctionBlock
02-06-19, 05:05 PM

We haven't exactly done much to deserve a better scoreline.

JunctionBlock
02-06-19, 05:17 PM
Ditto. Wouldn’t surprise me if NQ score a soft try early in the 2nd half and we just fall away.

Ding ding ding we have a winner.

- - - Updated - - -

Last time I checked when your ball carrying arm touches the ground it's a tackle. Just another example of the refereeing ****ing the Titans. Should never have been down there either way.

lonegull
02-06-19, 05:26 PM
Up against 15 players and our coach’s great second half game plan is to keep kicking it into touch, that will do me another idiotic coaching decision

- - - Updated - - -

Ash Taylor head not in this game what so ever needs to be hooked

JunctionBlock
02-06-19, 05:30 PM
This is what happens when Taylor tries to take control of this team, he is mud. Taylor needs to go before Brennan. Brennan isn't the one kicking the ball out, that's Rein thinking his team needs a rest when it's the Cowboys that are down to 2 on the bench and are gassed. Just no on field brain out there.

lonegull
02-06-19, 05:34 PM
Them sets show it all 10metres out and Taylor standing around looking at players, no organisation it’s like he doesn’t give a you know what

- - - Updated - - -

Even the commentators are asking the questions

- - - Updated - - -

Wow and we take the two and Taylor take the kick lol this clubs a shambles

JunctionBlock
02-06-19, 05:35 PM
Wow and we miss the Two. Once again, sack Taylor before Brennan.

lonegull
02-06-19, 05:41 PM
Wow and we miss the Two. Once again, sack Taylor before Brennan.

Sack both they haven’t got a clue

JunctionBlock
02-06-19, 05:43 PM
Sack both they haven’t got a clue

We can replace Taylor with a cardboard cut out, not sure where we get a coach for sub $300K

GCTTSD
02-06-19, 05:43 PM
We don't deserve to win this

JunctionBlock
02-06-19, 05:47 PM
We don't deserve to win this

And then we hand to the bloke that hasn't kicked all night because our "blue chip" player has dropped the bottom lip and knows he's a myth.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone seen the movie The Replacements.....gene Hackman giving his inspiring speech "Winners always want the ball when the game is on the line!"

lonegull
02-06-19, 05:50 PM
Can anyone tell me if the titans have an attack coach cause bloody blind Freddie could set better attacking plays

gotitans101_
02-06-19, 05:52 PM
Another L. Sigh.

Our only attack is Taylor to Proctor, grubber to the ingoal.

ozynorts
02-06-19, 05:53 PM
My wife had an interesting suggestion, drop Taylor, ai stays at fb and Gordon into 6. Can’t be worse than Taylor but his kicking is far superior.

lonegull
02-06-19, 05:53 PM
Glad we didn’t win that game because they never deserved

So what will Garth have to say in the press conference “we tried hard and we didn’t give up the players can take a lot of that loss”

Mr Bods
02-06-19, 05:54 PM
Sack Brennan
People like my wife don’t want to Go anymore
Thanks Garth

ozynorts
How the hell can a million dollar player and first choice kicker not want to take kicks? Taylor is rubbish an must go.

GCTTSD
Someone's gotta be accountable for this ****, if Brennan's not going to change things then he needs to be sacked now

mdrew
02-06-19, 05:55 PM
Heart breaking loss that one, it will take me a while to get over but hopefully I will be back at some point

5 Year Contract
02-06-19, 05:56 PM
Not to be overly dramatic but that will do me. And I think that will do me for the season. There is no joy to be had watching this team anymore and if you cant enjoy watching your team then why continue. Its not the losses. Every year a team has to come last. its the lack of effort and respect for the jersey. Its the constant overpaying of players who produce nothing. Its a club so happy with mediocrity that we just refuse to learn from anything. Ive cancelled my membership as im not paying for this garbage anymore and if this club wants a dollar out of me THEY need to earn it. Brennan needs to go and heads need to roll and players demoted. if that doesnt happen after this match immediately then Ill See you all in the preseason

JunctionBlock
02-06-19, 05:56 PM
Soooo glad I didn't waste my time going to this game. Absolutely disgraced to be a Gold Coaster at the moment. How long is everyone putting their microwave on for when they nuke their memberships. **** this team, sacking coaches isn't going to make one bit of difference.

Taylor isn't worth the paper his contract is printed on and seriously they should pull the thing out and see if there is anyway we can get out of it.

That's it for me, the club will be getting an email asking for all my personal details to be deleted from their database so there is no chance of being bothered for renewals next year.

TitansState
02-06-19, 05:57 PM
Over this. Give me Fogarty over Ash. Can kick goals and would probably do so much more for the team.

Upthetits
02-06-19, 05:58 PM
What a hideous joke this team is. Im absolutely devastated, how can we be so pathetic?

Titanic
02-06-19, 05:58 PM
It’s my birthday, I’m in London and I’m deadset suicidal ... what the hell was that?

gotitans101_
02-06-19, 06:05 PM
Heart breaking loss that one, it will take me a while to get over but hopefully I will be back at some point

Mate, what keeps me going is the younger talent in this team. Mo, Kelly, Arthurs, Whitbread, etc. Arrow is a beast and Wallace has been great the last 3 weeks too. We have the talent but it seems we don't have the brains in the halves to lead them around.

ozynorts
02-06-19, 06:08 PM
It’s my birthday, I’m in London and I’m deadset suicidal ... what the hell was that?

Happy birthday mate, just to make your day even worse I think I beat you in SuperCoach today. :)

gotitans101_
02-06-19, 06:11 PM
I thought Roberts was really off today and the problem with that is without Roberts at his best, we're left with nothing because Taylor is useless.

Dooldog76
02-06-19, 06:11 PM
I actually enjoyed the game. Plenty of effort from the boys. Missed kicks were killers, but nowhere near as bad as the bulldog game.

gotitans101_
02-06-19, 06:13 PM
I actually enjoyed the game. Plenty of effort from the boys. Missed kicks were killers, but nowhere near as bad as the bulldog game.

Pretty much how I feel too.

DavidBouveng
02-06-19, 06:15 PM
disgusting.

if someone can let me know of a bigger waste of one million dollars id love to hear it.

i shan't be renewing at this point either. the lack of respect for the basic skills required or passion for the jersey from the players on the field indicates they don't need or deserve my cash any more.

JunctionBlock
02-06-19, 06:18 PM

Happy Birthday mate, I was in London once, I wanted to kill myself too. Miserable place. Just pretend you're a Liverpool fan.

Titanic Believer
02-06-19, 06:23 PM
Only joy from this debacle is the Cows are my second team. But three missed kicks, what the heck? Season long gone bring on the youngsters.

lonegull
02-06-19, 06:25 PM
I am know rocket scientist but why didn’t we use our centres and give them early ball, the cowboys had two second rowers defending in the centres and not once did we shift the ball early to Arthur’s or Kelly to give them room up against the opposition not bloody once did we do that, I can assure you all the top coaches in the NRL would of sent the message out.
The amount of dead plays (a forward hit up) inside the red zone today was ludicrous, this comes from the half organising the set but when one half refuses to get involved and today was a great example it through the players off and on than a few occasions rein didn’t k know where to go as there was no play calls.
Also how many times did we see Taylor to proctor with the short ball it’s actually funny to watch as it’s so predictable other teams and NRL coaches must be laughing when they come up against us

lonegull
02-06-19, 06:35 PM
Anyone want to get the blood boiling a bit more watch Garth press conference

“I am really proud of their performance and the effort was certainly there”

Bloody hell if he thinks he can say that and the titans want fans to keep attending and paying memberships he got to be kidding himself any other coach would of been livid, and the 1000 excuses he gave for Ash don’t let me even go there

Ausphin
02-06-19, 06:35 PM
So last week I said although he wasn't great, I saw some signs out of Ash Taylor. Forget that. He was awful tonight. Not sure if Brennan has it in him, but he needs to be dropped. Roberts is not far behind him.

Resist the urge to move AJ to the halves and bring in Jacks who is an organiser. Gordon instead on Don.

Geez this team is frustrating.

Also, on another matter, is there any chance Foxtel can get rid of Parker from commentating on our games. Man , that guy is an opinionated tool.

Mr Bods
02-06-19, 06:36 PM
Far Out
There is no point in me ranting
You blokes have said it all perfectly

So I’ll just say this

GAGF Brennan

Dooldog76
02-06-19, 06:58 PM
So last week I said although he wasn't great, I saw some signs out of Ash Taylor. Forget that. He was awful tonight. Not sure if Brennan has it in him, but he needs to be dropped. Roberts is not far behind him.

Resist the urge to move AJ to the halves and bring in Jacks who is an organiser. Gordon instead on Don.

Geez this team is frustrating.

Also, on another matter, is there any chance Foxtel can get rid of Parker from commentating on our games. Man , that guy is an opinionated tool.

While they're at it, get rid of anasta too. He's first gen to walk upright in his family.

ozynorts
02-06-19, 06:59 PM
I have been patient so far but honestly I am at a loss. This team is a joke, the on field leadership is awful and that leads to questions about the off field leadership.
Taylor is not playing at an NRL standard let alone marquee player status. Most people acknowledge that a half will struggle behind a beaten pack but Taylor is playing behind good go forward and appears clueless. If Brennan has any hope of keeping his job he has to drop Taylor. Lower profile players are dropped to work on their game for reasons that pale into insignificance compared to our million dollar man and his failings.
I haven’t emailed the club in a long time but that will be changing.

gotitans101_
02-06-19, 07:05 PM
Isn't it a bit harsh to go blaming the whole team though? The efforts of some out there should be commended. Mo is 19 years old and he's consistently one of our best forwards every week. Guys like him do not deserve to be lumped in with plodders like Ash and Proctor (although you can tell Proctor is actually trying). Don should also be added to that list too.

Dobes
02-06-19, 07:05 PM
Titans are the new Warriors.. How do you go from flogging Manly one week, to losing to a depleted Cowboys side, at home?? They honestly looked like they were going through a training run, didn’t look remotely dangerous for the most of that.. The only times we looked like scoring other than that first try, was Brimsons break and when Peachey got the ball at the end there. How many times in a row did Roberts kick out to that same side? Ffs if it’s not working, you’d think you might have to try something different wouldn’t you? We’re missing Gordon’s goal kicking, Jesus. Our goal kickers are woeful, Taylor in particular, he should be able to do it all being on a million a season. I can’t believe Garth was fond of that performance. Seriously, his sacking can’t come quick enough. Bloke obviously has no idea what he’s doing.

Drop:

Don - bloke just doesn’t look remotely dangerous in attack, give someone else a run, surely there must be someone better
Taylor - Go back to QCUP.. Self explanatory. Bring Jacks in, I bet he’s busting to have another crack at that spot, need a bit of competition for that spot

Can anyone explain to me too how that Taumalolo try, was a try? Looked to me like he was held up. I was on the complete other side admittedly, but I didn’t understand that at all

gotitans101_
02-06-19, 07:13 PM
Vossy has said he doesn't know how Brennan can keep picking Taylor every week.

But we know he will keep doing so.

ozynorts
02-06-19, 07:14 PM
Titans are the new Warriors.

Can anyone explain to me too how that Taumalolo try, was a try? Looked to me like he was held up. I was on the complete other side admittedly, but I didn’t understand that at all

Have to disagree, at least teams fear the warriors, nobody fears us.
As for the lolo try, it looked like a double movement to me.

Titslover
02-06-19, 07:18 PM
Guys I know how frustrating it is and as my username suggests I'm struggling to keep supporting this team because every week I end up feeling worse than I did before the game. But if we want this club to remain on the Gold Coast the last thing we should be doing is just cancelling memberships. We already have the lowest membership numbers in the comp and we're just encouraging the NRL to get rid of us if we just give up on the team. Instead we should all email the club demanding that Brennan and Taylor get sacked, or maybe start a petition? There is a lot of young talent in this side; Mo, AJ, Kelly, Arthars, and Wallace were all very good today. But unfortunately it's the people in the most important roles who are letting us down, Brennan clearly has no f**king clue how to coach an attacking set and Taylor doesn't know how to execute one. There is potential in this side but if we, the most dedicated Titans fans, give up on them, there will soon be no team left to support.

JunctionBlock
02-06-19, 07:21 PM
Anyone want to get the blood boiling a bit more watch Garth press conference

“I am really proud of their performance and the effort was certainly there”

Bloody hell if he thinks he can say that and the titans want fans to keep attending and paying memberships he got to be kidding himself any other coach would of been livid, and the 1000 excuses he gave for Ash don’t let me even go there

Not even half way through it, Brennan can get himself ****ed too. Sack them both, stop building the leagues club Darryl, you're wasting your money. Deal with the issues at hand and building that place to secure our future is a waste when there won't be a supporter base to give two ****s about a leagues club or an NRL team on the GC.

Brennan will get sacked this wednesday, why wouldn't you do your level best to take that million dollar flop down with you. Stop being diplomatic in the press conference and say what we all need to hear.

a_guest
02-06-19, 07:22 PM
Have to disagree, at least teams fear the warriors, nobody fears us.
As for the lolo try, it looked like a double movement to me.

A double movement only occurs if you are short of the line. Taumalolo was entitled to fight to get the ball down as the ref hadn't called held.

JunctionBlock
02-06-19, 07:31 PM
A double movement only occurs if you are short of the line. Taumalolo was entitled to fight to get the ball down as the ref hadn't called held.

Tackle was completed when his ball carrying elbow touched the ground. Titans defenders relax, he wiggles around and grounds the ball. No Try. **** refs as usual.

DavidBouveng
02-06-19, 07:36 PM
Not even half way through it, Brennan can get himself ****ed too. Sack them both, stop building the leagues club Darryl, you're wasting your money. Deal with the issues at hand and building that place to secure our future is a waste when there won't be a supporter base to give two ****s about a leagues club or an NRL team on the GC.

Brennan will get sacked this wednesday, why wouldn't you do your level best to take that million dollar flop down with you. Stop being diplomatic in the press conference and say what we all need to hear.

Is that from a source or just an opinion?

opinion gives me a half stock, if it is a confirmed source then its at full attention

Mr Bods
02-06-19, 07:37 PM
I have been patient so far but honestly I am at a loss. This team is a joke, the on field leadership is awful and that leads to questions about the off field leadership.
Taylor is not playing at an NRL standard let alone marquee player status. Most people acknowledge that a half will struggle behind a beaten pack but Taylor is playing behind good go forward and appears clueless. If Brennan has any hope of keeping his job he has to drop Taylor. Lower profile players are dropped to work on their game for reasons that pale into insignificance compared to our million dollar man and his failings.
I haven’t emailed the club in a long time but that will be changing.

I’ve let them know politely my feelings too. I encourage all members to please do the same tonight. Just reply to the email that says “The Wrap”. We all would have it by now.

JunctionBlock
02-06-19, 07:38 PM
Is that from a source or just an opinion?

opinion gives me a half stock, if it is a confirmed source then its at full attention

Opinion, however there was talk they were going to do it over Origin to stay under the radar. Fingers crossed.

Titan68
02-06-19, 07:40 PM
I’ve said it before - Ash Taylor will never be sacked or dropped. Not when he’s the coaches princess.
Further more - who took the clause out of Brennan’s contract , that stated we must make the finals this year ????.
For me , the board has a lot to answer for as well.
There’s been a lot of talk of late , about these up and coming juniors we have. The way this train wreck of a team is going , those juniors won’t ever get the chance to play first grade. Because there won’t be a NRL team on the Gold Coast.

Mr Bods
02-06-19, 07:56 PM

Good old A-Drongoes Troll making an appearance.
We must be playing the Drongoes soon.

Mexican titan
02-06-19, 08:17 PM
Guys I know how frustrating it is and as my username suggests I'm struggling to keep supporting this team because every week I end up feeling worse than I did before the game. But if we want this club to remain on the Gold Coast the last thing we should be doing is just cancelling memberships. We already have the lowest membership numbers in the comp and we're just encouraging the NRL to get rid of us if we just give up on the team. Instead we should all email the club demanding that Brennan and Taylor get sacked, or maybe start a petition? There is a lot of young talent in this side; Mo, AJ, Kelly, Arthars, and Wallace were all very good today. But unfortunately it's the people in the most important roles who are letting us down, Brennan clearly has no f**king clue how to coach an attacking set and Taylor doesn't know how to execute one. There is potential in this side but if we, the most dedicated Titans fans, give up on them, there will soon be no team left to support.

The way i feel at the moment, I don't really care. I've always defended having a team on the Coast but i just wonder now whether the whole lifestyle thing and young blokes who keep getting paid regardless of performance lends itself to any teams here.
However lets start by sacking Brennan under the cover of the Origin period. He clearly has no clue and is hopeless. Why his contract was extended is a huge mystery but the people who did it are the ones that pay him out.
No way whatsoever I am renewing next year andwill just pick games to attend. If any. I am just annoyed, disgusted, and very angry about this right now. I best stop.

DavidBouveng
02-06-19, 08:33 PM
Brennan has had 18 months and so either -

a) he cant coach, or
b) he is a great coach, but cant get players to listen to him, in which case refer to point a)

Don't let the door hit you on the clipboard on the way out.

Titslover
02-06-19, 08:36 PM
I know exactly how you feel mate but it's not too bad for you when you have another team you support. I don't really buy that theory because which of our players do you think aren't putting in other than Taylor? There's a lot of young blokes that are busting their ass out there. The thing that is letting us down is a coach and halfback who have no idea how to construct an attacking set, and resort to stupid **** like giving the ball to a forward on the 4th.

Mexican titan
02-06-19, 08:57 PM
which of our players do you think aren't putting in other than Taylor?

Compared to what they have done in their careers previously , how about Proctor, Boyd, Cartwright , Peachey - just for starters off the top of my head.

Titslover
02-06-19, 09:04 PM
I definitely agree with Proctor, Boyd is a bit iffy because I thought he ran hard today and made a good cover tackle on Taumalolo but Garth only gave him about 20 minutes. Bit unfair to Cartwright who I think has been much better this season and Peachey also seems to be trying pretty hard, but the attacking structures we run are woeful and give these blokes no chance to do anything. Garth and Taylor are clearly the problem, the bloke has no idea and we look so lost in the red zone.

Titan68
02-06-19, 09:37 PM
PEACHEY , DOESNT WANT TO BE HERE.
Couldn’t even retain his NSW spot.
So hangingon , don’t think anyone is being tough on him.

Upthetits
02-06-19, 09:52 PM
Ash needs to be dropped not just for form but for his own mental health. You can see hes carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, he knows hes under alot of pressure and it is clearly getting to him. Its not healthy.

We are a dumb footy side, cows were gassed and we didnt start turning some runners back inside.

Short ball to proctor....

Tryrone roberts 3 grubbers in a row through on their try line identically to the same player, its not working mate try something else.

Alot of people are harsh on don, i personally dont feel he gets enough service. He did catch ove ingoal and was held up...

Kelly is so destructive, why isnt he given more early ball?

Arthars needs to develope a pass, he had a good opportunity early on but decided to run himself

Why arnt our halves working together? Seem so locked on 1 side of the field. Id like to see roberts grubber through for ash or peachy instead of going wide every time

Their winger gideon gilen mosby got injured, why could no1 identify that and bomb for don repeatedly? Just dumb footballers

If brennan actually cares about ashs well being he will give him a spell. Let him get out of the spotlight for awhile and work on the basics. He seems like he cant even tackle properly, his head is in all sorts he has way to much self doubt to lead this team right now.

Ill stop rambling now

Mr Bods
02-06-19, 09:53 PM
We should have won regardless today
BUT that Taumololo try wasn’t a try
Clearly held up
Was a total con job that the imbecile Refereeing Team all fell for
So once again we were robbed

Doesn’t change the fact though that there needs to be an express Taxi to Cooly Airport with Brennan as a passenger to permanently leave our Beautiful City for good.

Time is up Garth.

DavidBouveng
02-06-19, 10:56 PM
Brennan's press conference where he constantly says he is happy with effort is a spit in our faces.

He can be the broom that sweeps the rubbish out, or be swept out himself if he ties himself to their wagon.

Titslover
02-06-19, 11:03 PM
Yeah that attitude from Brennan is what I just can't cop, and you can guarantee coach's like Bellamy and Bennet would have a complete opposite reaction. I really hope Daryl Kelly and co also see it as a spit to the face and get rid of Garth immediately.

Mexican titan
02-06-19, 11:06 PM
Ash needs to be dropped not just for form but for his own mental health. You can see hes carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, he knows hes under alot of pressure and it is clearly getting to him. Its not healthy.

We are a dumb footy side, cows were gassed and we didnt start turning some runners back inside.

Short ball to proctor....

Tryrone roberts 3 grubbers in a row through on their try line identically to the same player, its not working mate try something else.

Alot of people are harsh on don, i personally dont feel he gets enough service. He did catch ove ingoal and was held up...

Kelly is so destructive, why isnt he given more early ball?

Arthars needs to develope a pass, he had a good opportunity early on but decided to run himself

Why arnt our halves working together? Seem so locked on 1 side of the field. Id like to see roberts grubber through for ash or peachy instead of going wide every time

Their winger gideon gilen mosby got injured, why could no1 identify that and bomb for don repeatedly? Just dumb footballers

If brennan actually cares about ashs well being he will give him a spell. Let him get out of the spotlight for awhile and work on the basics. He seems like he cant even tackle properly, his head is in all sorts he has way to much self doubt to lead this team right now.

Ill stop rambling now

I know what you are trying to say mate but in regards to Ash i don't think he needs to be dropped for his health. He needs to be dropped because he is a lazy bludger who stopped putting the effort in the minute he signed the fat contract. Last season he was just fat and unfit, this year he is just wanting to play in his dinner suit and not take the knocks. I reckon he finishes the game and heads back to his play station without a care in the world. He needs the biggest reality check he can get and that's Qcup as soon as possible.

We are just a dumb and very badly coached footy side. Again we are kicking the ball out when in good attacking positions and against the dogs continually putting high balls up to the winger who would be the tallest bloke on the field. We have nothing in attack and are easily picked off of we spread it wide. I would say that this is the dumbest and most poorly coached side I have seen.

Mr Bods
03-06-19, 02:39 AM
I know what you are trying to say mate but in regards to Ash i don't think he needs to be dropped for his health. He needs to be dropped because he is a lazy bludger who stopped putting the effort in the minute he signed the fat contract. Last season he was just fat and unfit, this year he is just wanting to play in his dinner suit and not take the knocks. I reckon he finishes the game and heads back to his play station without a care in the world. He needs the biggest reality check he can get and that's Qcup as soon as possible.

We are just a dumb and very badly coached footy side. Again we are kicking the ball out when in good attacking positions and against the dogs continually putting high balls up to the winger who would be the tallest bloke on the field. We have nothing in attack and are easily picked off of we spread it wide. I would say that this is the dumbest and most poorly coached side I have seen.

Yep. That rings so true. Thanks MT.

JunctionBlock
03-06-19, 07:21 AM
Brennan's press conference where he constantly says he is happy with effort is a spit in our faces.

He can be the broom that sweeps the rubbish out, or be swept out himself if he ties himself to their wagon.

I liked it when he was asked why Taylor didn't take the conversion. " I dunno, go ask him, maybe he has an injury". Two things, who coaches this team and makes the decision who kicks? If it's the players then you aren't a coach, this isn't under 10's where everyone has to kick to make it inclusive. If it's Brennan who makes the decision then why isn't it being carried out on the field? Either way, that was his chance to take that coach killer down with him. Publicly humiliate the little prick and send him to qcup, but serious;y, would either Burleigh or Tweed play him in their squads?

Classic, Jarrod Wallace had his wife ring in to SeaFM this morning saying he was too sick to take their regular call where he has to do stupid **** after a loss.

NZFan
03-06-19, 08:39 AM
Game plan killed us last night. Nothing else. The defence was good, we got stuck in and defended our line, but we can't score points.

Before this season Brennan promised us an exciting brand of footy to watch. It's crap. It's nowhere near that. Slug it up four times and then do a shift where our play makers run it sideways and either pass short to a back rower or go out the back to our outside backs who have no space to work with. It's so easy to defend against and completely boring to watch.

I like the fact that both Cartwright and Peachey are off the bench now but why has it taken half the season to get to the point where Brennan can see what we all already have known?

I'll say this again but Roberts is no captain and I honestly think we are better off without him in the team. He's brilliant one week then completely mud the next. We will never build a winning culture with someone like that at the helm and I'd rather see Taylor forced to step up then rely on his buddy to do everything for him.

A couple of weeks ago I was willing to persevere with Brennan out of necessity, purely for the clubs sake. But my god our games are just so boring to watch! (Here's one for you Bods) I'm firmly in the #sackbrennan club now.

Bayside Titan
03-06-19, 09:30 AM
As per NRL.com stats Boyd ran for 77 meters in the 19 minutes he was on. I will add he was filthy that he was made to come off. But once again Mo ran for 217 meters just slightly more than Taumalolo at 204. Also I like the look of Whitbread. He is coming along nicely but he too was disappointed that he didn’t get more minutes as once he came off in the first half he was not sighted again.

lonegull
03-06-19, 10:21 AM
Our rotation is shocking with the use of our interchange players, once again it comes from the coach who I am at wits end about what he is thinking with his strategies/game plans

Boonarga
03-06-19, 10:25 AM
Out in the middle of the pacific but managed to catch just the first 20 minutes. (Lucky me)
Mark this down. 5 minute mark of Game 12 of 2019, Kevin Proctor beat a tackle with a step. Amazing to watch.
Taylor is Wilbur V.2
****e but won’t be dropped.
At least Wilbur always tried.

Titslover
03-06-19, 10:26 AM
I couldn't agree more, the guy clearly has no idea. Some of his baffling uses of the interchange I noticed were Mo and Hipgrave staying on for the whole first half while Cartwright stayed on the bench, Boyd only getting 20 minutes, Whitbread only getting 18 (not sure if he was injured), Wallace only getting 42 minutes, while Proctor gets 80 and Peachey 62. I also noticed that Wallace was off during the last 10 minutes yet for some reason Hipgrave, Peachey and Cartwright were still on? That's not who we want defending at a crucial point in the game.

JunctionBlock
03-06-19, 11:08 AM
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ask-ash-underfire-titans-coach-baffled-by-1-million-stars-penalty-noshow/news-story/31b01333433eaea8d16fe2a3289c94cf

SCoast Titan
03-06-19, 12:44 PM
Watching the press conference Garth looks just as pissed as we all are. I reckon he would have ripped one through them. Anyone think Jacks and Roberts would be a good combo??

NZFan
03-06-19, 01:12 PM
Watching the press conference Garth looks just as pissed as we all are. I reckon he would have ripped one through them. Anyone think Jacks and Roberts would be a good combo??

As much as I'd hate to see AJ moved from fullback, I'd rather AJ and Jacks as our halves. Both play direct which will straighten our whole attack. Both Taylor and Roberts are too lateral in their play. It was interesting to hear Andrew Johns say that AJ is an out and out 6, similar to Munster he said. I personally think he is more of a fullback but it was interesting to hear.

Titslover
03-06-19, 02:27 PM
I kinda doubt Joey watches all our games so I don’t know if I trust that opinion. AJ’s obvious strength is his running game and making him a playmaker would take away from that.

SCoast Titan
03-06-19, 03:34 PM
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/08/garth-brennan-warns-no-walk-up-starts-for-round-one-as-gold-coast-titans-target-finals/

The coach went on the record at the start of the year, he now needs to practice what he preaches

gotitans101_
03-06-19, 06:09 PM
I still see AJ as an out and out fullback but that's just me. Apparently he grew up playing in the halves but he seemed a bit overwhelmed in the few games he played there for us. You only have to see what happened to Ponga when they tried to switch him to the halves at the start of the year.

And a little stat, according to nrlsupercoachstats, Mo scored 70 base points in his 62 minutes on the field yesterday to Taumalolo's 69 base points in 80 minutes. Well done young man.

Mr Bods
03-06-19, 07:16 PM
It would be a tragedy to me if he was ever moved away from FB
I have an issue with our medical staff again
Gordon was meant to be a 1 week injury and that was 3 weeks ago
Gordon must be on one of the wings this weekend

Dobes
03-06-19, 07:49 PM
Gordon must be on one of the wings this weekend

Have to give him Don’s spot imo. Copley has been playing reasonably well of late, certainly better than Don at least.

I’d like to see something like this, this week:

1. Brimson
2. Gordon
3. Arthurs
4. Kelly
5. Copley
6. Roberts
7. Jacks
8. Wallace
9. Rein
10. Fotuaika
11. Proctor
12. Hipgrave
13. Arrow
14. Peachey
15. Boyd
16. Cartwright
17. Whitbread

Whats Doing
03-06-19, 08:38 PM
It was ridiculous that Boyd was taken off after 6 minutes of the 2nd half. Just a wasted replacement by our SuperCoach.

I was pleased with effort by most of the team but we were beaten by our lack of creativity and skills in the halves and lack of attacking structure in our team.

Our halves with so much possession in the opposition 20 could not get 1 repeat set.

Just ineptitude

DavidBouveng
03-06-19, 09:25 PM
Is Arthur's the invisible man?

i don't see him doing anything really in the games, but it honestly could be me not noticing properly, or him getting no ball.

we cant score tries at all and he seems a bit slightly built to do much damage - surely we can find someone who offers a bit more.

lonegull
03-06-19, 09:30 PM

i don't see him doing anything really in the games, but it honestly could be me not noticing properly, or him getting no ball.

we cant score tries at all and he seems a bit slightly built to do much damage - surely we can find someone who offers a bit more.

I have been thinking the same, doesn’t seem to have to have the build for a strike centre although his opportunity’s have been limited he hasn’t done anything to inspire me

Mr Bods
04-06-19, 01:35 AM

In my posts last week I wanted Gordon/Don Wing and Copley/Kelly Centres and said Arthurs would be the unlucky one. Just because he hasn’t done much wrong. It probably remains my preferred selections.

JunctionBlock
04-06-19, 07:06 AM
Arthars played the majority of his juniors as a fullback. I thought this last game he started to look a lot better. Let's not forget his first game where he crossed the line twice to have tries disallowed because of moron decoy runners being lazy and obstructing the opposition.

Shout out to Mal for sending an email saying losing sucks. Shame it doesn't address the real problems a the club and from comments in here it is very presumptuous that us "fans" will have to stay in the fight.

Titanic Believer
04-06-19, 08:25 AM

Interesting. I felt the opposite. For such a thin frame he seemed to look dangerous running the ball.

JunctionBlock
04-06-19, 10:35 AM
Annesleys weekly wrap up of the round has shown an angle that shows the ball touching the ground for the Lolo try proving it was a try. Angle wasn't broadcast. My issue wasn't the grounding, its the fact his elbow touches the ground before he struggles free and plants the ball.

Mr Bods
04-06-19, 11:02 AM
Annesleys weekly wrap up of the round has shown an angle that shows the ball touching the ground for the Lolo try proving it was a try. Angle wasn't broadcast. My issue wasn't the grounding, its the fact his elbow touches the ground before he struggles free and plants the ball.

Agree-my issue is his momentum was stopped and hence he was held.

Toads
04-06-19, 11:02 AM
Probably the most woeful game i've witnessed since the 2011 season.. *Forrest Gump voice* That's all I have to say about that..