PDA

View Full Version : Round 9: TITANS vs SHARKS (2019) - Magic Round

DIEHARD
04-05-19, 02:59 PM
TITANS vs SHARKS

Tickets: CLICK HERE (https://www.titans.com.au/ticketing/magic-round-charity-night-titans-v-sharks/?utm_source=webadsMagicround&utm_medium=webadsMagicround&utm_campaign=webadsMagicround&utm_content=webadsMagicround)

Mr Bods
04-05-19, 03:05 PM
Once again the focus is getting respect and relevance

ozynorts
05-05-19, 12:17 PM
I’ll be there. Making the trek down from CQ.

Blade07
07-05-19, 07:24 AM
Love to see a shake up
1. Brimson
2. Aurthars
3. Kelly
4. Lee
5. Don
6. Roberts
7. Taylor
8. Arrow
9. Rein
10. Hipgrave
11. James
12. Proctor
13. Peachey
14. Boyd
15. King
16. Fotuaika
17. Whitbread

mdrew
07-05-19, 11:00 AM
Jesse Arthars has been withdrawn from the Queensland Residents squad.

lonegull
07-05-19, 11:13 AM

Looks like we will have a new club debutant

Mr Bods
07-05-19, 11:43 AM

When is this match due to be played?

BundyTitan
07-05-19, 11:54 AM
Arthars debut looking likely on that left edge. Keen to see how he goes.

Also keen to see if Garth has the guts to make Brimson our permanent starting fullback. My bet is that he doesn't and that he keeps Gordon there. But happy to be proven wrong Mr Brennan

mdrew
07-05-19, 11:54 AM
Sunday mate

When is this match due to be played?

JunctionBlock
07-05-19, 12:14 PM
I saw on FB that there are 26 buses heading up to suncorp. That's a win.

Mr Bods
07-05-19, 01:13 PM
Sunday mate

Thanks mdrew. Looks like Arthurs is in. We will know soon enough. Love to see Brimson FB, Gordon Wing, Arthurs Centre, Peachey Lock and Arrow Prop. Maybe Lee the utility.

JunctionBlock
07-05-19, 03:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/uZYSSDN.png

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to first grade Jesse Arthars. Shame about Roberts.

Mr Bods
07-05-19, 03:33 PM
Roberts mustn’t have passed the concussion tests. Well that sucks.
Copley is back a little earlier than expected.

Boonarga
07-05-19, 04:11 PM
Proctor is captain. Disgraceful.

NZFan
07-05-19, 04:24 PM
That is such a cop out from Brennan. Arthars was poised to play for QRL residents this weekend in his preferred position of full back but instead he will get 8mins of time off the bench, when we probably have no hope left of winning the game. Why not put Copley in the 14 jumper instead of rushing him back.

There was a write up in NRL.com last week about how Proctor can hardly talk and struggles to be heard. Why would you make him captain?

I'm glad that Roberts is out this week. It's time for Taylor to get his voice and confidence back instead of hiding in his mates shadow

gotitans101_
07-05-19, 05:48 PM
So Brimson back to 5/8. Brennan, wtf are you doing? Constantly switching a kid of his age from 5/8 to fullback back to 5/8 back to fullback week after week can't be good for his development. Choose one and stick with it, ffs.

Randomologist
07-05-19, 05:53 PM
A good opportunity for Taylor to pull his finger out when he's the only genuine half for us on the field and seeing even Proctor ahead of him for captain. Especially after he seems to think he's got a shot at playing origin on Ch9

Mr Bods
07-05-19, 06:08 PM
Cokey The Clown Captain is an insult. Brennan has to go.

I’d have gone Arrow Captain and either Don or Gordon Vice Captain for when Jai has a rest.

But no-That Coach who has totally lost me gives it to the biggest on and off field disappointment in our club in Cokey The Clown.

Far Out. Go Brennan. Just go.

Mexican titan
07-05-19, 07:16 PM
Cokey The Clown Captain is an insult. Brennan has to go.

I’d have gone Arrow Captain and either Don or Gordon Vice Captain for when Jai has a rest.

But no-That Coach who has totally lost me gives it to the biggest on and off field disappointment in our club in Cokey The Clown.

Far Out. Go Brennan. Just go.

Say what you really think Bods. I agree by the way.

If the idea of having Sami on the bench wasn't stupid enough he persists with that theory by playing Arthars off the bench. FFS.

Mr Bods
07-05-19, 07:19 PM
Say what you really think Bods. I agree by the way.

If the idea of having Sami on the bench wasn't stupid enough he persists with that theory by playing Arthars off the bench. FFS.

Yeah very true MT. Add that to the list of reasons why he needs to exit.

JunctionBlock
08-05-19, 06:30 AM
On the plus side if he plays Copley then Arthars will get plenty of game time because Crystal Copley won't make it past one hit up as usual.

Titanic
08-05-19, 06:38 AM
Could there be a worse public figure for leader of our club than Proctor?

Mr Bods
08-05-19, 09:46 AM
^^^ I sure as hell cant think of anyone

Titanic
08-05-19, 10:15 AM
I would let Wilbur Zillman and The Pipe-Cleaner Matthews stay at my house before I'd let Proctor mow the lawn.

DIEHARD
08-05-19, 06:20 PM
Arrow should be (C), without a doubt. Proctor doesn't come into my equation.

Pretty impressed by reports that more than 1,200 Titans fans are going up via coach. Especially on a Thursday night. Hoping the team delivers and they get rewarded.

Happy to see Copley back, I've been enjoying his recent football.

I don't like AJ at 5/8th but I guess that is the circumstances we are in.

Mr Bods
08-05-19, 06:41 PM
With Copley back we could have gone A backline 1-7 of AJ Don Kelly Copley Gordon Peachey Taylor with Jacks Utility.

timor 2
08-05-19, 06:50 PM
Hey guys just wondering if sections 329 and 330 for shark fans or titans?

ozynorts
09-05-19, 06:41 AM
Hey guys just wondering if sections 329 and 330 for shark fans or titans?

I think they are just general admission but the titans fans section is right next to them.

JunctionBlock
09-05-19, 07:44 AM
Lee and Jacks dropped from the extended bench. Guess Copley is fit. Doesn't say much for his pain threshold if a cork is enough for him to leave a game early on and not return.

T0ken
09-05-19, 12:43 PM
https://twitter.com/TonyWebeck/status/1126329182982627328?s=19

Hipgrave OUT with hamstring injury. sigh.

JunctionBlock
09-05-19, 01:41 PM
And Gordon is not a definite starter either. Still nursing a sore head. Arthars would be good to see at FB.

Mr Bods
09-05-19, 02:09 PM
Lee and Jacks dropped from the extended bench. Guess Copley is fit. Doesn't say much for his pain threshold if a cork is enough for him to leave a game early on and not return.

We were told it wasn’t a cork. To not finish a game with a cork is soft and then miss games just can’t be true. God I hope so.

- - - Updated - - -

And Gordon is not a definite starter either. Still nursing a sore head. Arthars would be good to see at FB.

I’d be stunned if Mick was withdrawn this late in the piece. He must be right to go especially since Lee and Jacks is withdrawn.

gotitans101_
09-05-19, 05:04 PM

Why not AJ at FB? He's played his best football at FB.

Mr Bods
09-05-19, 05:11 PM

Because Brennan can’t see what is blindly obvious to the rest of us.

Titslover
09-05-19, 05:17 PM
Because Brennan can’t see what is blindly obvious to the rest of us.

Give him the benefit of the doubt this week because Roberts is out. If he's not FB next week then something is seriously wrong.

Mr Bods
09-05-19, 05:21 PM
Give him the benefit of the doubt this week because Roberts is out. If he's not FB next week then something is seriously wrong.

Because it’s your first post Mr then I will. Please keep contributing. All the best.

Titslover
09-05-19, 05:29 PM
Because it’s your first post Mr then I will. Please keep contributing. All the best.

Cheers Bodsy I've been lurking for a while now but figured I should add my 2 cents! They said on channel 9 that Stockwell is expected to come in for Hipgrave, which I think is pretty harsh for Jai Whitbread who was unlucky to lose his spot in the 17.

Mr Bods
09-05-19, 05:32 PM
Cheers Bodsy I've been lurking for a while now but figured I should add my 2 cents! They said on channel 9 that Stockwell is expected to come in for Hipgrave, which I think is pretty harsh for Jai Whitbread who was unlucky to lose his spot in the 17.

Yeah that surprises me too. The moment they said Hipgrave Out I thought to myself no problems as Whitbread goes in.

Titanic
09-05-19, 05:36 PM
I can hear the presser now: the last minute changes cruelled us but I’m proud of the effort.

JunctionBlock
09-05-19, 05:43 PM

Aj is needed in the halfs. Arthars plays FB but not 5/8. Peachey could play there but has he trained there this week? Least disruptive would be Arthars to FB if Gordon circums to injury.

JunctionBlock
09-05-19, 05:54 PM
Stockwell in over Whitbread, confirmed.

Mr Bods
09-05-19, 05:54 PM

Hangingon gets good mail. It’s official that Stockwell is in for Hipgrave. I don’t mind Stockwell but Whitbread is a Mini-Arrow. I don’t get it but what’s new with Brennan.

NZFan
09-05-19, 05:58 PM
I like Whitbread but don't think we lose too much with Stockwell. He was good in his last performance

Titslover
09-05-19, 06:02 PM
Stockwell isn't bad but it would've been a good opportunity to let Whitbread develop, as he looks to have a much higher ceiling. Stockwell only ran 79 metres for Burleigh last week, it's not like he was exactly kicking the door down to get selected.

JunctionBlock
09-05-19, 06:59 PM
I would have prefered the start to be the unexploded ordnance take out half our team. Wow, just wow.

- - - Updated - - -

At least we've worked on our discipline and being the most peanlised team in the NRL

Mr Bods
09-05-19, 07:34 PM
Why is Arthurs on?
What’s happened to cause this huge reshuffle???

Please??? Is there life out there?

JunctionBlock
09-05-19, 07:46 PM
Good finish to the first half. So bummed not to see Jesse get his first try and on debut.

ozynorts
Good atmosphere at the ground, happy with the team effort so far.

Dooldog76
They took Wallace off and shifted peachy into the forwards.

lonegull
09-05-19, 07:49 PM
From that first half my thoughts are that Brimson best spot is fullback just frees him up it’s allows him to play that off then cuff footy
Big Mo been great and arrow this bloke is a robot and rein been very impressive his service from dummy half is brilliant

Mexican titan
09-05-19, 07:50 PM
Pretty happy with that and we show a bit of energy for a change. Mo just gets better and better and we didn't lose anything with him on for Boyd.
The big question is whether we can be switched on for the next 40 which has often been our downfall.

JunctionBlock
09-05-19, 07:51 PM
Why is Arthurs on?
What’s happened to cause this huge reshuffle???

Please??? Is there life out there?

Loss of Boyd for the game. Wallace off, Cartwright to prop, Peachey to edge 2nd row, copley to centres and Jesse on the wing.

Mr Bods
09-05-19, 07:55 PM
Loss of Boyd for the game. Wallace off, Cartwright to prop, Peachey to edge 2nd row, copley to centres and Jesse on the wing.

So it’s just a part of the prop rotation then? Nobody else is injured other than the Boyd HIA? The Boyd HIA is annoying. It looked innocuous. Seems a waste he’s out of the game.

What are we going to see in the second half now. There’s a lot left in this one. And Brennan just spoke to them.

lonegull
09-05-19, 08:11 PM
Is Copley the new beau champion and made of glass

JunctionBlock
09-05-19, 08:13 PM
Is Copley the new beau champion and made of glass

Nothing new, he's always been made of crystal.

SCoast Titan
09-05-19, 08:20 PM
Brian Kelly needs to be sent back to qcup. Too many mistakes and handling errors and stupid decisions

JunctionBlock
09-05-19, 08:22 PM
HOW ****ING FORWARD WAS THAT LAST PASS?

Nols of the Goldy
09-05-19, 08:22 PM
And so it begins :doh:

gotitans101_
09-05-19, 08:23 PM
Struggling against a depleted Sharks side. What a team we support.

lonegull
Nothing new, he's always been made of crystal.

Yep and have a look at his reads in defence tonight absolute shocking, I got to ask though what is Brennan thinking with Copley and Arthur’s the sharks are tearing them to pieces

gotitans101_
Brian Kelly needs to be sent back to qcup. Too many mistakes and handling errors and stupid decisions

Because of one bad game?

lonegull
09-05-19, 08:27 PM
Why do we even bother with this team bloody hell its frustrating

JunctionBlock
09-05-19, 08:30 PM
Wouldn't the intial strip on Gordon that hits gordon be ta knock on against the Sharks. Refs screw us last week rather than rectifying they're doubling down and screwing us again this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, if it's not Peachey with the penalties it's Kelly with the brain farts.

lonegull
09-05-19, 08:31 PM
That would have to be the worst set of attacking footballs I have seen under 8s I have seen play better plays

Mexican titan
09-05-19, 08:32 PM
Arthars looked ok until he had to do some defence.

JunctionBlock
09-05-19, 08:37 PM
Arthars looked ok until he had to do some defence.

When his centre is spinning around like a 3 year girl in a fairy dress you can't blame the 20 yr old.

- - - Updated - - -

Copley again with a Peachey assist for the penalty.

Mr Bods
09-05-19, 08:38 PM
One hell of a talk by Brennan at halftime
Good job Garth

lonegull
09-05-19, 08:39 PM
If I was jai arrow I would be asking for a release why put in 110% each week to be a part of this rabble of a team

JunctionBlock
09-05-19, 08:40 PM
Peachey needs to be dropped for on field discipline.

lonegull
09-05-19, 08:40 PM
This how good we are coached we would be the only team in the NRL where of a scrum we have a winger take it up

Mexican titan
09-05-19, 08:41 PM
When his centre is spinning around like a 3 year girl in a fairy dress you can't blame the 20 yr old.

- - - Updated - - -

The arm grab on Xerri had nothing to do with the bloke inside

- - - Updated - - -

Peachey needs to be dropped for on field discipline.

Yep just dumb

gotitans101_
09-05-19, 08:41 PM
This team is a ****ing joke and how Brennan keeps his job I'll never know. He has made us WORSE.

JunctionBlock
09-05-19, 08:42 PM
The arm grab on Xerri had nothing to do with the bloke inside

- - - Updated - - -

Yep just dumb

I'll take Arthars defence over Peachey, Cartwright and Kellys combined tonight.

lonegull
09-05-19, 08:43 PM
This team is a ****ing joke and how Brennan keeps his job I'll never know. He has made us WORSE.

Yes great statement

gotitans101_
09-05-19, 08:43 PM
This is Brennan's team. He signed most of these rejects. Own it.

lonegull
09-05-19, 08:45 PM
What a disgrace something needs to change very quickly

- - - Updated - - -

And their you go they let Gallen score

rj62
09-05-19, 08:46 PM
One hell of a talk by Brennan at halftime
Good job Garth

Jesus *edit* Bods go support another team you flog.

I’m out

JunctionBlock
09-05-19, 08:46 PM
Can an (ex) origin player be this bad? Off season Peachey is alleged to be trying to get out of his contract. Now that we dig our heels in he is possibly the worst player in our team for stupidity, penalties and defence. Does this ****wit want a reason to be released?

What a disgrace of a team we have here on the Gold Coast. Done.

gotitans101_
09-05-19, 08:47 PM
Jesus *edit*Bods go support another team you flog.

I’m out

Do you want change or not? Are you happy with performances like that?

lonegull
So Garth press conference goes like this

We played well in the first half and lead at halftime don’t forget that

JunctionBlock
Jesus *edit* Bods go support another team you flog.

I’m out

Are you ****ing serious? Go have lie down old boy.

ozynorts
09-05-19, 08:49 PM
If our game draws on The Thursday even a measly 10k then I’ll come back and declare how right and righteous you were.
I’m pretty confident the vast majority of members/fans don’t rate this stand alone Thursday affair.
17113 in the crowd tonight.

Mr Bods
09-05-19, 08:49 PM
I’m upset for our city
Our owners
The people that went to the game especially
Brennan hurt our club deeply, gosh this has gone badly.
Poor Mal too.
When will other supporters speak up and say no friggin more. What are we 2 out of 9 now.

They need to stand up week after week for the 80 and not patches

What the heck happened at halftime again.

Oh and now someone bloody abuses me on here I just noticed. You think I’d be pointing this stuff out if we were not down by the bottom?? There is a block function rj62 and it’s a forum.
Over and Out
Stuff this

Titan68
09-05-19, 08:50 PM
WE ARE OFFICIALLY THE MOST “ DUMBEST “ TEAM IN THE NRL
WHAT A JOKE !!!!!

TitansState
09-05-19, 08:52 PM
Feeling for some of the guys who are putting in wasted efforts. Arrows putting this team on his shoulders only to be let down by certain teammates again and again.

Brennan should just get a copy of last weeks press conference and replay it each week until he names the right team.

NZFan
09-05-19, 08:53 PM
Jesus you’re a wanker Bods go support another team you flog.

I’m out

No need to get personal. Bods is spot on, this crap comes from the coach and the lack of respect he demands from his players. Was that 6 penalties from Peachey? Most teams don't give that much away.

It's time to get rid of Gordon. He is off the pace and keeps giving away errors at crucial times. Copley is not a centre either. I don't know how many times I have to say it. His defence is awful.

Arthars has been carving up for Burleigh at centre but Brennan pus him outside Copley on the wing. He never stood a chance out there.

5 Year Contract
09-05-19, 08:55 PM
**** this excuse for a first grade team. Cant play 80 minutes. Cant but commit dumb penalties and rookie errors EVERY. SINGLE.WEEK. I dont enjoy watching them play anymore and that sucks the most. See you all next week but Im really struggling to even bother anymore. Enjoy your weekend guys. Im out

Nam78
09-05-19, 08:58 PM
I think we should just drop players and let some rookies play. I like watching players like Arthur's play with energy....lots of respect for Arrow...always turning up. Peachey needs to be dropped.....Brennan needs to take some responsibility and make changes....do something to keep the supporters interest....I'm sick of watching a 40min team!

Dooldog76
09-05-19, 08:58 PM
Peachy..... wow. Sharks man of the match.

mdrew
09-05-19, 08:59 PM
I will be flat until I go and watch our future Titans running around o the weekend, Ipswich on Friday night, GG on Saturday and the to Brisbane on Sunday.

Dobes
09-05-19, 08:59 PM
Field this team next week Brennan:

1. Brimson
2. Don
3. Kelly
4. Arthars
5. Copley
6. Roberts
7. Taylor
8. Wallace
9. Rein
10. King
11. Cartwright
12. Proctor (give him one more chance on the right, then drop him if he plays s**t)
13. Arrow
14. Fotuaika
15. Boyd
16. Hipgrave
17. Whitbread/Stockwell

Mexican titan
09-05-19, 09:01 PM
Jesus *edit*Bods go support another team you flog.

I’m out

That's your first contribution for a while I think mate. All opinions are allowed I think and isn't that the purpose of a forum. Argue the point if you like rather than chuck your toys out of the cot.
Obviously though, you are one of those that is happy with mediocrity. Most of the rest of us are not.

Titanic Believer
09-05-19, 09:02 PM
Why do I feel sick? Because I watched the game against my better judgement, had my hopes raised and then let down,...again. I rarely comment on individual players but Taylor was conspicuously absent when needed and with 20 minutes to go the loss was inevitable. (except if the Sharks threw another intercept).
About Peachy I think he was genuinely frustrated....frustration leads to rash behaviour..

mdrew
09-05-19, 09:02 PM
Mo was great in the match

gotitans101_
09-05-19, 09:04 PM
Gordon is too slow, barely makes any linebreaks and belongs on the wing. Put AJ at FB and keep him there ffs.
Don was just Don. Could probably get involved more but he isn't the reason we lost tonight.
Peachey is just bad. Still can't tackle and has awful discipline.
Kelly had a bad game but he's usually pretty solid so I can forgive.
I love Copley but his defence was terrible tonight. On notice.
Brimson played out of position. He tried.
Taylor looks much fitter compared to last year but for some reason still goes missing far too much in games. Barely runs the ball anymore. Scared?
Wallace had a better game but only because Origin is coming up. Plodder bludging off his long-term contract.
Rein was one of our best tonight. Rein > Peats.
Boyd never came back but looked OK for the time he was out there?
Proctor was a bit better I thought but that's not saying much. Still too slow and far, far behind most back rowers in the comp.
Cartwright still can't tackle and without his offloads or silly kicks he really doesn't have much else to offer.
Arrow is a gun.
Arthars had a good debut but defence suspect. Only young so can forgive.
Fotouaika is an up and coming talent. Love this kid. Rips in and has a go which is more than I can say for someone like Wallace and Proctor most weeks.
King was solid for the time he was out there
Stockwell just looked to be making up the numbers. Provides absolutely no impact off the bench.

Nam78
09-05-19, 09:06 PM
Yeah mofo was awesome! And agree Titan Believer! It's hard to watch....I love this team....but seriously discipline and simple tackles.....come on boys....

mdrew
09-05-19, 09:07 PM
I promise guys with the quality of our youth coming through better things are just around the corner

NZFan
09-05-19, 09:07 PM
Peachey moving to the middle was actually a good move. But these players just aren't playing for Brennan.

We had the luck this week that he has forever been going on about, but it didn't change anything.

TitansState
09-05-19, 09:08 PM
Thats twice in the last 3 rounds now we've been held scoreless in the second half. Surely grounds for changes. Whats else is it gonna take? Being held scoreless in the first half as well? Nope that happened in round 1.

Blade07
09-05-19, 09:12 PM
Hoping for big changes next week
1. Brimson
2. Arthurs
3. Lee
4. Kelly
5. Gordon
6. Jacks
7. Roberts
8. Wallace
9. Rein
10. Arrow
11. Hipgrave
12. King
13. Peachey
14. Boyd
15. Cartwright
16. Mo
17. Proctor

Mexican titan
Well from reading the posts, just about everyone has said "I'm out" so I'll just write this to myself.
I just can't get how we go pretty well for say 30 minutes of a game but the rest we are hopeless. There is something terribly wrong with the toughness and mental attitude of this side and even though the players must take some blame, the coaching staff must own this problem. Our second halves are usually terrible, like tonight, wtf happens at half time. Brennan certainly doesn't send them out ready to play that's for sure.
I agree that Gordon's time is up. Too many dropped balls of late and he never gets across to stop a try as the last line. But why start there, I'm at a loss when blokes like Peachey just kill our chances with dumb penalties. I thought Taylor was going ok but when the going got tough he went missing.

gotitans101_
I promise guys with the quality of our youth coming through better things are just around the corner

The problem is that I have 0 faith in our coaching staff at this level. I hope Brimson can defy the odds because I'm not sure of any player who comes here from somewhere else or comes up through our junior system who improves long-term under us. Most just seem to drop off.

TitansFan
09-05-19, 09:18 PM
It wouldn't be so bad if they actually had a crack and went down fighting. But it's nothing but lazy errors and stupid penalties.

NZFan
09-05-19, 09:20 PM

Completely agree with 101. Not only that, but Brennan and co will never give these juniors a run. Instead we persevere with off-casts from other clubs that nobody wants. We are just determined to accept mediocracy and it is just so frustrating.

Ausphin
09-05-19, 09:22 PM
I am genuinely concerned now for the future of our team. If this is how we all feel (and those who post on here are amongst the most passionate), imagine what the occasional fan is thinking. I am like most on here and am quickly becoming disillusioned with this team.

I normally hate the calls for a coaches head but something has to change quickly. I started this year so positive with our squad, but is has been awful. I won't give up on our team, but as a league watcher and supporter for 30 years plus, I feel myself becoming more frustrated and watching less games (always watch our games of course). The only silver lining at the moment is the Broncos seem to be falling apart.

Garth has talked a big game about making the tough calls and I think the moment has come when he has to take a stance. If he doesn't it will cost him his job.

1. AJ has to go to fullback.
2. Persevere with Kelly. He was poor tonight, but his effort is great and he looks dangerous with the ball.
3. Drop Wallace. His discipline is atrocious and he needs a massive wake-up.
4. Proctor offers nothing other than workrate. May as well give Hipgrave a shot.
5. I admire Cartwright's effort in defence. Technique still lacking on occasions but can't question his effort.
6. No more wingers on bench. Ridiculous use of interchange that forces 3 or 4 positional changes.
7. Maybe Peachey is trying too hard and reading his own press, but needs a wake up too. Maybe bench utility?
8. I think Ash is starting to work back in to form and the last couple of weeks he seems to be enjoying his footy more too, but needs to improve fast.

Mo and Arrow continue to be standouts.

Let's hope something changes quickly.

Mexican titan
09-05-19, 09:24 PM
Gordon is too slow, barely makes any linebreaks and belongs on the wing. Put AJ at FB and keep him there ffs.
Don was just Don. Could probably get involved more but he isn't the reason we lost tonight.
Peachey is just bad. Still can't tackle and has awful discipline.
Kelly had a bad game but he's usually pretty solid so I can forgive.
I love Copley but his defence was terrible tonight. On notice.
Brimson played out of position. He tried.
Taylor looks much fitter compared to last year but for some reason still goes missing far too much in games. Barely runs the ball anymore. Scared?
Wallace had a better game but only because Origin is coming up. Plodder bludging off his long-term contract.
Rein was one of our best tonight. Rein > Peats.
Boyd never came back but looked OK for the time he was out there?
Proctor was a bit better I thought but that's not saying much. Still too slow and far, far behind most back rowers in the comp.
Cartwright still can't tackle and without his offloads or silly kicks he really doesn't have much else to offer.
Arrow is a gun.
Arthars had a good debut but defence suspect. Only young so can forgive.
Fotouaika is an up and coming talent. Love this kid. Rips in and has a go which is more than I can say for someone like Wallace and Proctor most weeks.
King was solid for the time he was out there
Stockwell just looked to be making up the numbers. Provides absolutely no impact off the bench.

Great summary. Saved me the time.

Titan68
09-05-19, 09:40 PM
The major concern , I’ve got mdrew is the crap this team dishes up on a weekly basis , you won’t need to worry about Junior Development or anything , because people will stop turning up to home games , which will ultimately lead to the Titans losing money and the club being forced to relocate or shut down. Don’t say it will never happen !!!!!

teke
10-05-19, 12:17 AM
What did I miss :D

Dobes
10-05-19, 01:01 AM
What did I miss :D

Not much mate, just the usual. Came out firing in the first 40, died in the a**e in the second. :nope:

Boonarga
10-05-19, 01:37 AM
I must be watching a different game to some. Cartwright is going well. His defence has improved out of sight from where it was. Earlier this year he stopped Taumalolo dead 1 on 1, and tonight he did the same to Gallen. Yeah, he need to choose better when to do the fancy stuff but he's getting back to his best.
I won't be attending another game while Proctor is in the team. Zero impact in attack ever since he has put our jersey on.

Titanic Believer
10-05-19, 05:07 AM
The difference tonight was Chad Townsend. Had Peachy not given the penalty, Townsend would have iced it with a field goal. Our forwards were good, our backline defence still poor. Our half clueless when needed.

Dooldog76
10-05-19, 05:23 AM
Garth was pretty pissed at the presser.

JunctionBlock
10-05-19, 06:21 AM
Fifita gone after 5 mins, Prior gone not to long after that. We are now talking about a player the caliber of Chad Townsend showing us up. I'll say it again, we aren't a chance if we were playing a decent team. We aren't a chance when we play a depleted bottom 8 team (Cowboys last week). I won't even tip this team to beat the dogs next week and from there on we are the spooners for the rest of the season.

For the love of God please don't let Mal send an email out on Monday or I'll unsubscribe. We don't have a team that respect what they have. We don't have a team that can get behind someone when we name Proctor captain. We haven't got a team that is made responsible for their on field actions. We are lost and have nothing to lose, if Peachey keeps his spot then we have no coach.

At work now and have to sit through the "WTF happened?" "I tipped your useless mob" "how much worse can they get?" "You've got the players but not the team" Thankfully the "**** off" sign on my face is clearly illuminated.

RJ, if you're at a game I'll sit in the bar with you and have a few to avoid watching the game.

Just a reminder this is who else is out for the sharks: Wade Graham, Matt Moylan, Shaun Johnson and Aaron woods. So we can't beat the reserves.

Mexican titan
10-05-19, 08:24 AM
Fifita gone after 5 mins, Prior gone not to long after that. We are now talking about a player the caliber of Chad Townsend showing us up. I'll say it again, we aren't a chance if we were playing a decent team. We aren't a chance when we play a depleted bottom 8 team (Cowboys last week). I won't even tip this team to beat the dogs next week and from there on we are the spooners for the rest of the season.

For the love of God please don't let Mal send an email out on Monday or I'll unsubscribe. We don't have a team that respect what they have. We don't have a team that can get behind someone when we name Proctor captain. We haven't got a team that is made responsible for their on field actions. We are lost and have nothing to lose, if Peachey keeps his spot then we have no coach.

At work now and have to sit through the "WTF happened?" "I tipped your useless mob" "how much worse can they get?" "You've got the players but not the team" Thankfully the "**** off" sign on my face is clearly illuminated.

RJ, if you're at a game I'll sit in the bar with you and have a few to avoid watching the game.

Just a reminder this is who else is out for the sharks: Wade Graham, Matt Moylan, Shaun Johnson and Aaron woods. So we can't beat the reserves.

I feel your frustration JB and can't disagree with any of it. Perhaps except your comment about Peachey, which on last nights performance I would agree with you but I'll cut him a little slack as I thought prior to last night he was on the improve. His discipline last night was hopeless especially near the end when we were still in the game. I guess I am saying that if we drop every player that does some bonehead things we will not have a team.

Every week we get things like the screw up at the kickoff last night. Every week we get kick outs on the full, fullback/wingers dropping high balls etc etc. Of course we'll have games where these things happen but it happens every week. There seems to be no one switched on to play out the full game and week after week we get the same errors and we play other sides back in to the game. It seems no player is accountable for these errors and no one ever gets hooked to wake them up. Brennan just has the standard, Boyd off after 20 minutes etc. Even if Boyd was playing the house down, Brennan doesn't seem flexible enough that he would let him stay on a bit longer and change the interchange rotations around a bit. Ditto that for every other thing this team does, same same but no different.

I just looked at the player ratings in the Bulletin and the dope journo gave Taylor a 7.5/10. Words fail me.
Sorry for this rambling post but the frustration just carries through to the keyboard and my slow typing.

Dooldog76
10-05-19, 09:14 AM
MT I saw the ratings as well and was completely perplexed. I don't think I saw Taylor at all in the second half.

Mr Bods
10-05-19, 09:28 AM
In the red zone last night we were really shabby. Brennan was saying early in the year after losses, “it’s only round 1, “it’s only round 3” etc while we could all see our season slipping away, it’s taken for us to be 2W and 7L and floundering for him to have any perception of what’s happening so he’s now gone to 2018 Garth lines such as “they’re a young team” and admitting “softness And dumbness” long after the horse has bolted.
I’m just so disappointed really. This is a S*£t Sandwich. There’s no hope, just frustration and being bagged.

The Titans present the GC in a bad light.

gotitans101_
10-05-19, 09:59 AM
He kept making a point of how dumb the kick on the 4th (AJ's) was. Firstly, you stuck him there so that's on you. Second, we hadn't scored a point in that second half and the Sharks were well on top at that point anyway. How about addressing why the team got into that position in the first place rather than blaming a kid who you chose to play out of position in the first place?

JunctionBlock
10-05-19, 11:12 AM
He kept making a point of how dumb the kick on the 4th (AJ's) was. Firstly, you stuck him there so that's on you. Second, we hadn't scored a point in that second half and the Sharks were well on top at that point anyway. How about addressing why the team got into that position in the first place rather than blaming a kid who you chose to play out of position in the first place?

How about Taylors kick to Don after his line break??? Don is the slowest winger in the league and you kick it on the tackle 1!!!!!

Then there was Peachey's kick which just curved and went straight out in the dying minute.

Kellys kick to the in goal which ended up hitting the sideline fence.

AJ is the least of our problems and when your million dollar man isn't taking charge then others take over. Screw Brennan, done with him. What did Mal say, anything other than top 8 will be unacceptable? Well now it's time for the club to rein in their mess and either double down in making the right decision or save their money and watch the club fold slowly.

NZFan
10-05-19, 12:28 PM
How about Taylors kick to Don after his line break??? Don is the slowest winger in the league and you kick it on the tackle 1!!!!!

Then there was Peachey's kick which just curved and went straight out in the dying minute.

Kellys kick to the in goal which ended up hitting the sideline fence.

AJ is the least of our problems and when your million dollar man isn't taking charge then others take over. Screw Brennan, done with him. What did Mal say, anything other than top 8 will be unacceptable? Well now it's time for the club to rein in their mess and either double down in making the right decision or save their money and watch the club fold slowly.

I thought that Brennan was having a crack at Peachey not AJ with that comment in the pressure. I also didn't mind that option form Taylor either, you don't get many chances in the NRL so you need to take them when they come to you. Unfortunately he didn't get the kick right. It needed to be further right and closer to the in goal, but yes having the slowest winger in the league doesn't help either. Also Don got interfered too which is a real kick in the family jewels after last week.

I was watching that game with utter disbelief when they kept trying to chance their arm with early kicks. It was like they were determined not to complete a set.

Mr Bods
10-05-19, 12:55 PM
I thought that Brennan was having a crack at Peachey not AJ with that comment in the pressure. I also didn't mind that option form Taylor either, you don't get many chances in the NRL so you need to take them when they come to you. Unfortunately he didn't get the kick right. It needed to be further right and closer to the in goal, but yes having the slowest winger in the league doesn't help either. Also Don got interfered too which is a real kick in the family jewels after last week.

I was watching that game with utter disbelief when they kept trying to chance their arm with early kicks. It was like they were determined not to complete a set.

Brennan talks about sticking to systems yet they kick the ball early and out of turn regularly. It tells me that Brennan is not being listened to because they don’t respect him. So they do their own thing, his message is furthest from their minds.
Brennan never played at the top level.
He played Park footy in Newcastle. Those of us who played a bit of Gold Coast Group 18 or Bycroft Cup have played at the same level as him.
That might work with schoolboys or possibly even lower grades like NSW Cup but in an NRL dressing room it’s always a risk whether the players will buy in or not when the coach hasn’t played at the top level.

Well the jury is in-they don’t respect him. So he’s got to go.

NZFan
10-05-19, 01:21 PM
There just doesn't seem to be a ready made replacement available though Bods. All of what you say is correct, but I'd much rather see him pull his head out of his a@#e and make some of these tough calls that he has been forever preaching about. I think we have to give him the season to redeem himself, but if there is still no changes, that's when he has to go. We are already the laughing stock of the NRL, if we get rid of him now and bring in somebody else who can't get results either then we are are facing the real possibility of being relocated.

I'm willing to get behind him if he can start leading with his actions and not his words.

Surfers66
10-05-19, 02:40 PM
There just doesn't seem to be a ready made replacement available though Bods. All of what you say is correct, but I'd much rather see him pull his head out of his a@#e and make some of these tough calls that he has been forever preaching about. I think we have to give him the season to redeem himself, but if there is still no changes, that's when he has to go. We are already the laughing stock of the NRL, if we get rid of him now and bring in somebody else who can't get results either then we are are facing the real possibility of being relocated.

I'm willing to get behind him if he can start leading with his actions and not his words.

We could relocate to Perth, cause we are Perthetic

Mr Bods
10-05-19, 04:50 PM
I’ve heard on Sydney radio this arvo a number of callers talking about how Peachey came here under strange circumstances showing high reluctance and then gave away a boneheaded penalty to lose it and then with a chance to steal it he then grubber kicked it into row 2.
Suggesting he gave Cronulla the game.

They also said he has always been a 5/8 or Lock and Brennan doesn’t know what he’s doing.
I agree with that. We have two options with Peachey
A-Lock with Arrow at prop
B-bench Utility

Also Kelly is playing on the wrong side of the field and we need to shift Peachey so he plays on the left.

Bloody Brennan and his selections.

JunctionBlock
10-05-19, 07:43 PM
At least Penrith have taken the focus of how bad we are. The worrying thing for us is that we are taking Penriths rejects.

Dooldog76
11-05-19, 08:47 AM
At least Penrith have taken the focus of how bad we are. The worrying thing for us is that we are taking Penriths rejects.

Definitely latu, I think Cartwright is starting to come good and peachy is finding his feet(apart from that disgraceful effort on thursday).

Blade07
11-05-19, 09:19 AM
Think peachey needs to be at 13. Move arrow to front row maybe?

gotitans101_
11-05-19, 01:33 PM
Arrow is our lock, full stop. I really don't understand the Peachey to 13 argument. Why would you put him in a position that requires more tackling when that's one of the weakest parts of his game?

Shifting our best player so far this year from his preferred position is not the answer.

Mr Bods
11-05-19, 01:48 PM
Arrow is our lock, full stop. I really don't understand the Peachey to 13 argument. Why would you put him in a position that requires more tackling when that's one of the weakest parts of his game?

Shifting our best player so far this year from his preferred position is not the answer.

Arrow plays like a prop anyway, just more skilful and mobile. Is Peachey’s tackling that bad? He might actually be more effective in the middle than defending against a Centre and winger out wide.

NZFan
11-05-19, 02:05 PM

Agree 100%. I don't mind him in the back row though, if we could use him like Canberra use Bateman. I still think he wears the 14 jersey but goes into the edge rotation. Leave Hipgrave as a front rower. Peachey, Boyd, Mo and Hipgrave as the bench. Wallace and King starting.

Kelly across to the left where he plays his best football with Arthars outside and Spry at right centre. Either Don or Gordon on the other wing.

DavidBouveng
11-05-19, 07:24 PM
Garth is not going to be the answer

Ash is a thief

Mal is next on my list if he can't turn the most basic aspect of culture - effort - around in the 6 months he has been here.

Rein, AJ and Arrow were great, Mo and Carty fine. if everyone played like those 5 players we could have gone 3-0 in the last 3 weeks.

DIEHARD
11-05-19, 09:00 PM
I feel we have entered a whole new level of crisis. I'm hitting the panic button now. I've given Brennan his time but this is getting ridiculous and I'll club is melting before my eyes. But I also blame some key players.

For all the talk about Ash Taylor I've never seen a heralded play-maker struggle and look so uninvolved.

And what can you do. Yes, the comments here are furious but I think justified. Footy is full of peaks and troughs, but we have been gut sliding for years. Our hardcore fans are dropping away and I struggle to see how we collect any brand new ones. Except maybe through community work.

And this is happening to so many of our fans.

He must be kept away from the keyboard. He should have a behind the scenes role and when he wants to act publicly it has effect. Otherwise he is going to and has been pulled down into the quicksand too.

I am genuinely concerned now for the future of our team. If this is how we all feel (and those who post on here are amongst the most passionate), imagine what the occasional fan is thinking. I am like most on here and am quickly becoming disillusioned with this team.

This is my central concern.

Anyway about the game. I rushed home to work, went to the cinema to watch Detective Pikachu but avoided social media so I could watch it on watchnrl.com on my tv. I'm pumped for the Magic concept and dearly wished I could have attended. I was hoping for some Titans Magic. I was expecting it.

I mean the way the game started with that dropped ball from kick off, probably sent a collective shiver through the fanbase. My second reaction was how weird and wrong it was to watch the dark Titans play the light blue Sharks. I find these types of things irritating. And we didn't even get the ball for the first 4 minutes of the game, but thankfully we held them out. Shame to see Arthur's denied a debut score, but yea, issues in defence, but he is young, let's see how he develops. But then in the second half, once again, the edge was lost to our sword. We played a style of football that ran counter to what was required. High energy against a depleted Sharks. I couldn't believe what I was seening. And Gallen scoring in the last minute was a stab through the heart, humiliating. Can we ever win at Lang Park? Can we ever use the big stage to win over some fans?

In the end Tyrone Peachey did his damn best to snuff the life out of game which some truly boneheaded behaviour.

While I do consider our club in great crisis, I do believe that the head isn't rotten. But the football side and department is in shocking condition.

I'll stick with it and I think better days will come. But changes have to be made and that starts with next week's selections.

I just wanna enjoy a win/wins. *cries*

JunctionBlock
13-05-19, 07:59 PM
Dear Shaun,

Magic Round was a wonderful success for the NRL, filled with some unforgettable moments of rugby league.

Unfortunately for us Titans supporters, it is “the moments” in a rugby league game that are hurting us the most.

I use the word “moment” because none of the areas where the Titans are coming unstuck are down to catastrophic failures, or breakdowns of systems.

They are just fleeting moments that, individually, barely make a ripple in the context of a game. Yet collectively, they are sabotaging our chances of success.

The loss to the Sharks last weekend was the perfect illustration.

The Titans had done well to lead at halftime with pockets of brilliance showing everyone what this team is capable of.

But the warning signs of the second-half fade-out that was to come were flashing well before the two teams headed up the tunnel for the halftime break.

Crucial little moments were the difference between the Titans holding a 18-10 lead at the break and putting their collective foot on Cronulla’s throat for the entire game.

When we needed our players to be displaying clear and considered decision-making, we let the moment slip with a poor option or a panic play.

When we needed discipline and a calm response from our players to handle moments of adversity, we would compound the situation with another error or penalty that would not only make the task at hand more difficult but affect the mindset and confidence of the group.

Again, we are only talking about moments here, decisive moments involving one player, rather than the team collectively.

They were options taken or decisions made with the betterment of the team in mind but delivered the opposite.

And again, the positive intent by the player is turning into negatives because the players are trying too hard, trying to win the moment by themselves – and the cost has been dear.

Instead of making the most of an opportunity by being patient and building pressure, we saw individuals trying to do the best for their team by trying to produce a miracle – a bit of magic!

Something as simple as catching the ball, making the tackle when needed, getting tackled instead of rushing a risky play, and keeping possession to wait for the next tackle all impact on the team when they don’t come off by increasing the amount of work that needs to be done defensively.

The error compounds because the team tires quickly – it impacts on the quality of our game, our defence, our attack, our kicking and our decision making. Fatigue makes us do funny things.

That is what Garth Brennan was talking about after the game when he spoke of the team needing to play smarter football.

Decisions driven by clear, considered and patient thinking will always be of more benefit to the team than a chancy shot at a miracle play when it matters most.

Keeping ball in hand and playing out your sets will always deliver the highest percentage moment.

Once the Titans learn to control those moments through clinical decision-making and skill execution, these “pockets of brilliance” our players are capable of will create the winning habits that we all yearn for.

Mal Meninga

Titanic
13-05-19, 09:30 PM
Claptrap, rubbish and codswallop.

shamus
14-05-19, 06:55 AM
Hey, am I the only one that thinks Arthars scored that try where he was rolled over the sideline but managed to get the ball down? At no stage did I see his feet or legs touch the ground when he was rolled over. No difference to the result, just Arthars 1st try in the NRL is all. No one? Ahh! Just me then.

Mr Bods
14-05-19, 07:06 AM
Claptrap, rubbish and codswallop.

He must when he sits in front of the computer each Monday morning be really scratching his head now to think what BS can I write this week about this mob.
I’d rather he spent his hours getting in the heads of the players and write to us when he feels compelled to rather than a weekly obligation to have to write up something where he tries to dress up a Sow’s Ear to us long suffering fans.

JunctionBlock
14-05-19, 08:15 AM
Hey, am I the only one that thinks Arthars scored that try where he was rolled over the sideline but managed to get the ball down? At no stage did I see his feet or legs touch the ground when he was rolled over. No difference to the result, just Arthars 1st try in the NRL is all. No one? Ahh! Just me then.

Unfortunately his foot drags the sideline before he is rolled over and held above the sideline as he grounded the ball. I was more bummed that a lazy decoy runner couldn't run into a gap and instead took what should have been a gift try to the young fella on debut. Shout out to Wallace.

gcboyz
14-05-19, 02:57 PM
I was angry enough about our performance with having to listen to the fox commentators particularly Anasta talk about how "lucky' we were each time we scored.
More so when, with twenty four minutes to go and Townsend with his foot on the ten metre line throws a pass to Aaron Gary who takes it five metres from the try line and scores. Two central refs, two touch judges, five fox commentators and none of them saw it.
The total lack of respect for this team goes very deep.