PDA

View Full Version : Round 7: TIGERS vs TITANS (2019)

Dobes
22-04-19, 04:31 PM
TIGERS vs TITANS
Saturday 27th April
5:30pm ADST

Mr Bods
22-04-19, 05:06 PM
Wests will be so fired up. Our attitude in the first 20 will be pivotal no matter who is selected

Upthetits
22-04-19, 06:44 PM
They will come out like its a grand final, i hope the boys can get up for this. Never good playing a team thats coming off this sort of flogging

Mexican titan
22-04-19, 06:56 PM
At least the game is in Tamworth so the Tiges will not have the Leichhardt Oval ferals behind them.

Mr Bods
23-04-19, 03:20 PM
Matthews has made the extended bench.

JunctionBlock
23-04-19, 03:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4bzFWe0.png

Pray for NO MORE INJURIES

Upthetits
23-04-19, 04:20 PM
Darius farmer must be further off than we thought

Sunny86
23-04-19, 06:46 PM
Darius needs a contract upgrade to be able to play in the nrl

lonegull
23-04-19, 07:22 PM
just decided I am going to head over to Tamworth for this game

Mr Bods
23-04-19, 08:01 PM
^^^^ gee Gull I have to periodically do that drive (maybe twice a year) for the last near on a decade and it’s a mission.

lonegull
23-04-19, 08:28 PM
^^^^ gee Gull I have to periodically do that drive (maybe twice a year) for the last near on a decade and it’s a mission.

From where I live in western NSW only a seven hour drive so only a hop skip and a jump for me

Upthetits
23-04-19, 08:31 PM
Whys sami on the bench again? Is ash still touch and go?

Mr Bods
23-04-19, 08:47 PM
From where I live in western NSW only a seven hour drive so only a hop skip and a jump for me

Aha ok then. I didn’t notice your location. Good man. Represent us well.

JunctionBlock
24-04-19, 06:56 AM
Whys sami on the bench again? Is ash still touch and go?

To allow for the reshuffle if they need to use Peachey as a utility for injury anywhere on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

It's 7 hours from here (GC) too but I'm gonna pass on this one

Mr Bods
24-04-19, 09:05 AM
Tyrone Roberts has gone from The Termite to The Captain.
If that doesn’t spark up Taylor nothing will and we should move him on at seasons end.
All eyes on Taylor now to fire up

JunctionBlock
24-04-19, 09:10 AM
Tyrone Roberts has gone from The Termite to The Captain.
If that doesn’t spark up Taylor nothing will and we should move him on at seasons end.
All eyes on Taylor now to fire up

He's here till 2021. Problem we have is that Roberts (playing the better footy) is off contract 2020. We won't get a bargain for his services if he is still outperforming the million dollar skirt.

gotitans101_
24-04-19, 10:22 AM
Would have preferred a guy like Arrow as our captain than Tyrone to be honest.

JunctionBlock
24-04-19, 12:14 PM
Would have preferred a guy like Arrow as our captain than Tyrone to be honest.

I'm just happy it's not KP

Mr Bods
24-04-19, 02:19 PM
^^^ good point. I would not have coped either.

5 Year Contract
24-04-19, 06:36 PM
Tyrone has an experienced head on his shoulders so happy to give him the nod. Going to be a huge game to see which forwards are going to step up in James absence. Proctor on the otherhand I didnt even realise he wasnt playing last week

Mexican titan
24-04-19, 07:19 PM
Going to be a huge game to see which forwards are going to step up in James absence.

To be quite frank they will not have to step up much to match what James has done this season. I'm really keen to see who takes their chance and Mo has a great opportunity here. I've also liked what Whitbread has brought so far.

Titanic
25-04-19, 12:19 AM
I don’t think we’ll miss James either. Proctor is a lucky b.

Dobes
25-04-19, 05:41 PM
Apparently Will Matthews made the trip down to Tamworth with the boys and is shaping up to go in, should Proctor or Hipgrave go out injured.

Titanic
25-04-19, 06:06 PM
Well we certainly know where the goat pictures have ended up.

Mr Bods
25-04-19, 08:03 PM
Apparently Will Matthews made the trip down to Tamworth with the boys and is shaping up to go in, should Proctor or Hipgrave go out injured.

Turn it up Dobes. Have you got a source for this outrageous statement??

lonegull
25-04-19, 08:21 PM
If Wilbur is in I might dust of the boots and take along to the game couldn’t be any worse than what he offers which isn’t much by the way

Dobes
25-04-19, 09:26 PM
Turn it up Dobes. Have you got a source for this outrageous statement??

I just realised that was super obvious, long day at work, excuse me :duh2: :laugh:

Dooldog76
27-04-19, 08:54 AM
Pumped for today. Could be three in a row. I believe.

Dooldog76
27-04-19, 12:18 PM
Garner out for the tigers is a big loss. Hopefully we send all our traffic at McQueen.

indoallstars
27-04-19, 01:25 PM
Pretty sure Michael Khee Kam also just got stood down

JunctionBlock
27-04-19, 03:35 PM
Hipgrave out, Stockwell in

- - - Updated - - -

https://i.imgur.com/IH9zmGs.png

Dooldog76
27-04-19, 03:39 PM
No Hipgrave

Upthetits
27-04-19, 04:16 PM
Must still be having back spasms

Mr Bods
27-04-19, 04:16 PM
Expect Wests to be very fired up. We need a committed and disciplined first 20

Dooldog76
27-04-19, 04:20 PM
Expect Wests to be very fired up. We need a committed and disciplined first 20

Beware the bounce back factor

JunctionBlock
27-04-19, 04:35 PM
Beware the bounce back factor

Is that what you mean by bounce back? Reynolds knocking on?

Mr Bods
27-04-19, 04:44 PM
Tissue paper Copley injured again

JunctionBlock
27-04-19, 04:47 PM
Not liking the casual attitude we appear to be having in our attack. Lots of lost opportunities already.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Don is GOOOOOODDDDD

Mr Bods
27-04-19, 04:50 PM
Good to see Copley is only a cork

JunctionBlock
27-04-19, 05:02 PM
Elijah Taylor standing in our line obstructing a tackle is a "support player". Ok

No excuse for that defence but wow, support player

JunctionBlock
27-04-19, 05:23 PM
Yeah, no respect for the opposition and we've forgotten how to tackle again.

Whats Doing
27-04-19, 05:23 PM
Turnstile Peachy up to his usual defensive flaws

NZFan
27-04-19, 05:25 PM
How stupid are we giving away penalty after penalty. That one of Arrows was bull though

Mr Bods
27-04-19, 05:30 PM
Up 14-0 and then we are just brainless and gift possession and now we are down.
It’s called Leadership. Something we haven’t had for a very long time.

Not since Nathan Friend retired

- - - Updated - - -

Given Copley only has a cork, at some point in the second half especially if we are behind I’d like to see Copley come on at Centre and Peachey into lock.

TitansState
27-04-19, 05:38 PM
How stupid are we giving away penalty after penalty. That one of Arrows was bull though

We do this at some point every week. Hold all the momentum and give it away through really bad discipline. Just laziness and impatience.

psmitty
27-04-19, 05:44 PM
Taylor does nothing. Roberts does all the kicking and work while Taylor sits back and enjoys his Million dollar contract.

gotitans101_
27-04-19, 05:50 PM
Some dubious referee decisions cost us that game.

Mr Bods
27-04-19, 05:52 PM
22 unanswered points
Unacceptable Brennan

JunctionBlock
27-04-19, 05:52 PM
Taylor does nothing. Roberts does all the kicking and work while Taylor sits back and enjoys his Million dollar contract.

Exactly what I was just yelling at my TV. Dead weight.

Refs are murdering us with the bull**** penalties though, we don't need **** calls, we give them away for free.

Mr Bods
27-04-19, 05:57 PM
26 points unanswered
Unacceptable Brennan

psmitty
27-04-19, 05:58 PM
Might dust off the who replaces Brennan as coach thread.

rj62
22 unanswered points
Unacceptable Brennan

You weren’t squarking about 14 - 0 up in the first 15 minutes

And now it’s the coach’s fault

Incredible

gotitans101_
I thought we looked good in the first half but when we get a few bad calls go against us the heads drop and they give up.

JunctionBlock
27-04-19, 05:59 PM
26 points unanswered
Unacceptable Brennan

WTF has Brennan got to do with this?

Mr Bods
27-04-19, 05:59 PM
You weren’t squarking about 14 - 0 up in the first 15 minutes

And now it’s the coach’s fault

Incredible

No need to be personal. The content of 26 unanswered is the issue.

rj62
27-04-19, 06:01 PM
No need to be personal. The content of 26 unanswered is the issue.

Just show some consistency ...at the first sign of issues, Blame the coach.

The coach replacement thread has sat dormant for 2 weeks ...... you either want him replaced or not .

- - - Updated - - -

Great question ....

gotitans101_
27-04-19, 06:03 PM
No coach has been able to change the mindset of the players in this team. Give up when things get tough. Every single year. I'm buggered if I know how it can be changed.

I'm tired of blaming every coach that comes here. There has to be more to it than that.

Mr Bods
27-04-19, 06:04 PM

Poor discipline
Leadership
Defence

Don’t go blaming me you blokes for this horror Show

When has 26 unanswered been acceptable??

rj62
27-04-19, 06:04 PM
No coach has been able to change the mindset of the players in this team. Give up when things get tough. Every single year. I'm buggered if I know how it can be changed.

I'm tired of blaming every coach that comes here. There has to be more to it than that.

How was the mindset the last 2 games ?

JunctionBlock
27-04-19, 06:05 PM

Pay wages based on performance.

If anyone offers or knows of anyone who offers financial advice for Taylor, I'd suggest you tell him to save because his next contract(if any for anyone) will be a 1/4 of what it is now.

Mr Bods
Now is when I’d like to see Copley on again and Peachey to lock
Need points

gotitans101_
Poor discipline
Leadership
Defence

It's not acceptable. But it hasn't only been happening under Brennan.

Maybe another question to ask is why some of these pea-heart players are on such costly, long-term contracts? To me it's a massive trap and now we're paying for it. Some of those were actually signed under Henry remember, but yes, some under Brennan as well.

JunctionBlock
27-04-19, 06:06 PM
Poor discipline
Leadership
Defence

It's not but I blame the useless pricks on the field not the bloke sitting in a box.

Mr Bods
27-04-19, 06:09 PM
It's not but I blame the useless pricks on the field not the bloke sitting in a box.

Unhappy with them too

JunctionBlock
27-04-19, 06:10 PM
Was it on here that someone posted the link with Matty Johns talking about halfs controlling the game and going side to side of the field and the last thing you do after stretching them thin is go back to the middle for a settling tackle? Well maybe we should email that to the club.

Mr Bods
27-04-19, 06:14 PM
To not score after all that possession is frustrating
Such a disappointing day for us

JunctionBlock
27-04-19, 06:23 PM
To not score after all that possession is frustrating
Such a disappointing day for us

Lucky we had two good weeks before we were reminded of why we are no chance for top 13

- - - Updated - - -

Mal can stick his email this week. Save his time and go speak to the players.

Question.... how many of these players would buy into the club if it ever becomes a community club?

Another week to be embarrassed to support the team.

Mr Bods
27-04-19, 06:25 PM
From 14-0 up to a 30-14 loss
The playing group and Coaching Staff need to ask some questions of each other
What a horror Show

Mexican titan
27-04-19, 06:38 PM
Some of those defensive efforts were disgraceful. Other than Gordon being as slow as a wet week at the back i am tempted to put Brimson in at half when he comes back and drop Taylor. To think he's on a million is sickening.

JunctionBlock
27-04-19, 06:39 PM
Some of those defensive efforts were disgraceful. Other than Gordon being as slow as a wet week at the back i am tempted to put Brimson in at half when he comes back and drop Taylor. To think he's on a million is sickening.

Looks like LG gets the last laugh after his crack about never stringing three wins together in the NRL.

Boonarga
27-04-19, 06:40 PM
It's the coach that keeps picking Kevin Peterson who has all the impact of a wet lettuce. It's the coach that can't see Taylor should not be out there in this form.

Titan68
27-04-19, 06:58 PM
Till tonight , honestly i couldn’t be bothered posting anything.
Ash Taylor “ WILL NEVER EVER GET DROPPED “
Why O Why was Brennan given another year , he’s done nothing , promised lots , but delivered “ NOTHING “

Mexican titan
27-04-19, 06:59 PM
It's the coach that keeps picking Kevin Peterson who has all the impact of a wet lettuce. It's the coach that can't see Taylor should not be out there in this form.

I would gladly take Kevin Pieterson over Proctor even though he has not played League

Boonarga
27-04-19, 07:01 PM
I would gladly take Kevin Pieterson over Proctor even though he has not played League

Yeah. I think so little of the bloke I can't even remember his name.

TitansFan
27-04-19, 07:02 PM
We were a rabble in defence and clueless in attack.

But even if I could cop that, I simply can't cop the sight of these players laughing and giggling with delight as they congratulated the Tigers players within seconds of the game ending. I genuinely feel like I care more sitting on my couch than the players do on the field.

JunctionBlock
27-04-19, 07:04 PM
The Titans lost members tonight. I know a family of 4 that were about to grab tix near us. Not anymore. That's what that **** does.

Titanic
27-04-19, 07:09 PM
I’m partially blaming the coach for this one. Taylor and Proctor aside, we looked a lot better formation last week with Cartwright on the right and Kelly on the left but at 14-0 I was questioning my own judgement. Banking on last minute fitness tests to non essential players is bs. Play those who train. Nothing more to say.

JunctionBlock
27-04-19, 07:12 PM
Zero ****s given in the press conference from Brennan. Hope he takes it out on the players.

Was asked about Ash, has mixed feelings about his performance but acknowledges that he is coming back from injuries and lacks the confidence to execute the plays he would want to.

I can only assume he means that Ash hasn't the confidence to kick a ball, pass a ball to anyone other than forward passes to KP and doesn't want to straighten up his runs or assist in any kind of decent game or Try Assists. Anyway, hope the players are confined to the hotel tonight, if they hit the town I hope they make the paper so we can start sacking some of these dead weights.

Mr Bods
27-04-19, 07:12 PM
We were a rabble in defence and clueless in attack.

But even if I could cop that, I simply can't cop the sight of these players laughing and giggling with delight as they congratulated the Tigers players within seconds of the game ending. I genuinely feel like I care more sitting on my couch than the players do on the field.

I was going to post about that but thought it would upset the people I upset further. Yes it’s a pet hate of mine that too.
Fans are distraught at seeing the beloved club fall over after a good start and they are happy as Larry.

Mexican titan
27-04-19, 07:38 PM
I can only assume he means that Ash hasn't the confidence to kick a ball, pass a ball to anyone other than forward passes to KP and doesn't want to straighten up his runs or assist in any kind of decent game or Try Assists.

He forgot to say that he can't tackle either. Some of his tackle attempts tonight were a joke.

So in other words Ash is good for nothing at the moment. He is one of a handful of blokes on a million plus. Compare his efforts to DCE and Hunt at the moment and he is miles away. He is quite clearly bludging now that he has a fat contract and that I think is a measure of the lazy bastard in general.

Mr Bods
27-04-19, 07:53 PM
Brennan sure seemed angry at the press conference
GOOD!
Looks like Fox Sports reported the Copley injury incorrectly and that it’s a Quad Strain and not a Cork OR is it possible that once again just like with Ryan James last week that our medical staff couldn’t diagnose it correctly straight away??

Anyway looks like no Tissue Paper Copley for a while. That’s the bottom line.

I expect after what went down tonight that our blokes are to have dinner and straight to bed in their motel rooms. Wouldn’t want to hear of them getting amongst it in Tamworth this evening.

lonegull
27-04-19, 10:15 PM
Was at the game and my thoughts are:
Taylor wasn’t interested one little bit he wasn’t directing anything on field that was left to rein and Roberts

On quiet a few occasions the tigers players yelled they have nothing when attacking their line

Our attack was so predictable even the tigers supporters at the game was laughing about it

Cartwright is soft doesn’t try and run over or through the line he ambles up and just falls down when tackled, it really stood out his effort

Players on a number occasions questioned one another on the field not a good look the team seemed dis-harmonised

Arrow is a beast and the work he does in the middle is phenomenal

gotitans101_
28-04-19, 01:27 AM
Brennan looked furious at the presser, wow. Maybe he's finally had a gutful as well.

Whats Doing
28-04-19, 02:45 AM
I think everyone has had a gutful over last few years with a roster that lacks ability and commitment and are mostly signed to long term contracts

Upthetits
28-04-19, 06:15 AM
How can they run so much shape the first 20 minutes then last 20 look like they have never played together.

As soon as tigers started rushing us we seemed to revert back to our sideway sliding attacked. Not sure why they couldnt get deeper and still play straight

Dooldog76
28-04-19, 10:04 AM
Gee we missed AJ last night. The continued penalties were a joke. Both from our players and from the refs. They lacked resilience and fight and that last 20 mins when we had the time to build pressure was embarrassing. But we still have a good run over the next few weeks. Time to dust ourselves off and see how we respond next week.

Mr Bods
28-04-19, 10:48 AM
I don’t understand Brennan getting a contract extension. 2W 5L and that 30 point run last night is unacceptable. We have the worst discipline, our edge defence is laughable, his million dollar marquee halfback is a disinterested passenger that was a better player at 20 than he is now at 24 and our sideways movement without any straightening up is discussed right across the league as amateurish.

When he does get a win 28% of the time he carries on like he’s the Coach of the Year.
An error has been made.

PS-I wanted Brennan when we were looking, so I put my hand up for being very wrong.

PSS-where the heck is Menoitios??

Mexican titan
28-04-19, 02:04 PM
I don’t understand Brennan getting a contract extension. 2W 5L and that 30 point run last night is unacceptable. We have the worst discipline, our edge defence is laughable, his million dollar marquee halfback is a disinterested passenger that was a better player at 20 than he is now at 24 and our sideways movement without any straightening up is discussed right across the league as amateurish.

When he does get a win 28% of the time he carries on like he’s the Coach of the Year.
An error has been made.

PS-I wanted Brennan when we were looking, so I put my hand up for being very wrong.

I was one of the last to call for Henry's head and still wonder what might have been if he wasn't white anted by Hayne, but that's history.

On to Brennan, I agree Bods. Why the extension was given before this season even started is baffling in the least. Brennan's recruitment has been atrocious, the teams attack and defence is getting worse, he doesn't seem to be able get the side up for games, and his team selections have been puzzling. Very few players, if any, have developed under his watch and plenty have gone backwards.

As far as I can see it appears he is not up to this level. For those who question where opinions like mine were when we won two straight, I thought the Penrith win was encouraging but the Knights were absolutely terrible and we couldn't help but win that game.

I hope things turn because I think Brennan is a thoroughly decent bloke but winning is everything.

NZFan
28-04-19, 04:58 PM
Was at the game and my thoughts are:
Taylor wasn’t interested one little bit he wasn’t directing anything on field that was left to rein and Roberts

On quiet a few occasions the tigers players yelled they have nothing when attacking their line

Our attack was so predictable even the tigers supporters at the game was laughing about it

Cartwright is soft doesn’t try and run over or through the line he ambles up and just falls down when tackled, it really stood out his effort

Players on a number occasions questioned one another on the field not a good look the team seemed dis-harmonised

Arrow is a beast and the work he does in the middle is phenomenal

Cheers for insight Gull.

I noticed the same thing at the Sharks game regarding the players questioning each other. There seems to be no cohesion in the playing group. They all play as individuals and often will just pass the ball to someone else in a worse position just because nothing is on.

Brennan did look annoyed at the presser but he never has the guts to follow up with actions after the team has a shocker. That is probably the thing that annoys me the most about him. Loyalty in players is one thing, but when you're only loyal to your favourites then it has an impact on the other players.

- Ash desperately needs a stint in QCup. I feel like he needed it last year too when his form fell away.
- Proctor needs to either be dropped or switched to the left. Cartwright can be soft at times but he plays the best on the right and Proctor is just a defensive place holder at the moment.
- Man we missed Hipgrave and his enthusiasm.
- Can't wait for AJ to get back either. I'd love him at FB but we NEED him at 6.

I still don't know if getting rid of Brennan is the best way forward at the moment. There doesn't seem to be an obvious successor so I'm not sure that we need the distraction. BUT..

Lets go back to when he first joined the club and he came out and said two important things. Firstly, he is the man to get the best out of Ash Taylor. And secondly, he is not afraid to make the tough decisions. Is he living up to either of these points?

Who wants to take a bet that the only change that is made this week is the reintroduction of W. Matthews? Probably at the expense of Hipgrave knowing Brennan.

Mexican titan
28-04-19, 06:16 PM
Lets go back to when he first joined the club and he came out and said two important things. Firstly, he is the man to get the best out of Ash Taylor. And secondly, he is not afraid to make the tough decisions. Is he living up to either of these points?

No. Far from it.

In his defence, I don't think any coach would be able to get the best out of Taylor at the moment. If he wants to bludge what can you do.
I'll get criticised for mentioning Manly but, as an example, look what Hasler did today. Elgey was expected to play, yet out of the blue on game day, Hasler drops him and played Lachlan Croker. Croker won the Anzac medal for man of the match and Manly had an unexpected win. That is an example of a coach making a tough call.

JunctionBlock
28-04-19, 06:26 PM
Brennan is here until his contract expires. Club can't afford to be paying for two coaches when we can't even afford one mid range one.

Aj to the halfs at the expense of the million dollar baby, Peachey to FB. We have enough centres and wings to cover his spot. Bye bye Gordon. KP to Q cup for good.

In reality it will be whoevers not broken replacing those that tried their heart out for no reward.

We need a team that can score because we sure as **** can't defend.

Mexican titan
28-04-19, 06:35 PM
Brennan is here until his contract expires. Club can't afford to be paying for two coaches when we can't even afford one mid range one.

Aj to the halfs at the expense of the million dollar baby, Peachey to FB. We have enough centres and wings to cover his spot. Bye bye Gordon. KP to Q cup for good.

In reality it will be whoevers not broken replacing those that tried their heart out for no reward.

We need a team that can score because we sure as **** can't defend.

If, for example the Titans finish in the last two or three, do you really think Brennan will be here next year. The owners would lose a lot more money if the fans have to put up with another season of this crap than they would by paying him out.

You may be right JB, and I fully agree with your other points.

Anyway , I've said enough about the coach so I'll leave that topic. I stress that I would be delighted to have to eat my keyboard if Brennan was able to turn this team around and they start to perform like they should.

Titanic
28-04-19, 07:25 PM
Is Taylor moving to Brisbane in place of Nikorima? No evidence, just speculating.

Mexican titan
28-04-19, 07:37 PM
Is Taylor moving to Brisbane in place of Nikorima? No evidence, just speculating.

I wouldn't object if that is what would make him happy, but I think the Broncs are getting pressured to play that young half (Deardon? or something like that) and moving Nikorima on gives them that opportunity. Obviously there has been a lot of talk about how inconsistent Milford and Nikorima have been and plenty of people think they can't win a comp with those two. I wish we had that problem as both of those players are better than what we have.

Whats Doing
28-04-19, 11:03 PM
Swap Taylor with Dearden and Tanah Boyd who are both locals I think

JunctionBlock
29-04-19, 06:44 AM
In order to swap Taylor with another club we need to find another club that doesn't watch NRL.

Mr Bods
29-04-19, 08:55 AM
In order to swap Taylor with another club we need to find another club that doesn't watch NRL.

I reckon the Drongoes would take him but not at $1million a year.

Mr Bods
29-04-19, 06:22 PM
MAL On MONDAY
Dear Mr Bods,

On a sacred weekend for Australians, when we celebrated the mateship, courage, sacrifice and endurance of the Anzacs, the Wests Tigers gave the Titans the lesson of a lifetime about character and spirit.

At the Titans, our value statement says that our club is defined by the character of the people within it.

It was disappointing then that the Titans’ NRL squad produced a performance against the Wests Tigers that was decidedly short on the character we as a club expect, and our fans demand, every time we take the field.

Our value system is built around being Resilient, Accountable, Proud and Trustworthy – RAPT. There was very little to be rapt about in the loss to the Tigers.

A great weekend of celebration and respect for the game coincided with a very significant milestone for the club, with the game against the Tigers being the Titans’ 300th game since joining the NRL in 2007.

Despite the sense of occasion, we unfortunately produced a sub-par performance where every player produced some sort of error to contribute to a disappointing loss.

The Tigers had their backs to the wall after being humiliated by Parramatta the week before.

They dropped the ball from the kick-off. They lost their five-eighth to injury, and played a backrower in the halves.

They were down 14 points in the blink of an eye, and must have been running on fumes in terms of lost confidence.

That is a lot of losses for the Tigers to have endured in the space of 100 minutes of footy.

But the one area the Tigers didn’t suffer a loss was in the belief that they could get themselves out of it.

The Tigers showed character, composure and clear thinking to pick themselves up, time and again, to keep moving forward.

Every step forward they took, they grew in confidence. As their confidence grew, so did their resilience. The harder they worked, the more they were rewarded.

By comparison, the Titans lost their way and fell into a pattern of panic and poor decisions.

The most disappointing part of the Titans’ performance was that we all know they are capable of so much better.

The scoreboard shows the Titans lost the game, but their performance showed they also lost the battle of the minds.

The Tigers were desperate to atone for the week before. They wanted it more, and it showed.

This weekend, we face another team in a similar predicament, with the Cowboys returning to Townsville desperate to beat us on Friday night to avenge their loss to the Bulldogs last weekend, and ignite a poor start to their season.

The Titans find ourselves in exactly the same boat. After two promising wins, the good momentum we had earned has been lost.

We have lost ground.

The challenge now is how the Titans respond. We were given a free and very visible lesson in our values of resilience, accountability, pride and trustworthiness by the Tigers.

Against the Cowboys this weekend, we will see what we have learned, and what the character of this team really is.

Whether we win or lose, what is important this week is producing the attitude and effort worthy of being a Titan.

Mal Meninga

I like it. What a whacking to our blokes.

Want to change the way you receive these emails? Update your mail preferences here

Mexican titan
29-04-19, 07:12 PM
A really good and honest summary from Mal.
I wonder if our coach can put it in the same clear terms to the players as Mal has. I have my doubts.