PDA

View Full Version : ROUND 6. TITANS V NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS 2019.

Bayside Titan
15-04-19, 04:23 PM
Wallace (Suspended 2 Weeks) out for this game as well as Taylor ACL sprain.

Dobes
15-04-19, 06:46 PM
Also, apparently Brimson has injured his thumb and will be ruled out this week as well.

T0ken
15-04-19, 06:51 PM
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/titans/gold-coast-titans-injury-crisis-claims-another-young-star/news-story/a972723afca4cc8afc6c61e41071fc23

Brimson our for 2 weeks

Role up jacks / Roberts

Sami back to wing copley centre and peachey utility

This injury run is insane btw

Mr Bods
15-04-19, 06:51 PM
Taylor Wallace Brimson definitely Out
Maybe Arrow too we haven’t found out about him yet
Boyd questionable

It’s looking very difficult

Upthetits
15-04-19, 06:57 PM
Not a better time to play the knights and we have this injury toll. Fmd i was looking forward to sunday...

JunctionBlock
15-04-19, 07:23 PM
MoFo back. Move Peachey to 5/8. Bring Sami or Lee back.

Hope everyone is preparing to see Matthews on a team list tomorrow.

Titanic
15-04-19, 08:06 PM
Has Matthews bring playing QCup?

JunctionBlock
16-04-19, 07:04 AM
Has Matthews bring playing QCup?

I'm assuming he plays for Tweed and hasn't made a team list this year.

BundyTitan
16-04-19, 02:44 PM
So according to Ferris in the injury update:

Ash - will be selected and should be right to go
Arrow - good to go, trained all week
Boyd - was rested last week as a precaution and should be back (hopefully make more than 40 running metres this week...)
Matthews - no good this week (what a shame ;)), available next week
AJ - gone for 3 weeks :(

So assuming:
1. Gords
2. Don
3. Kelly
4. Peach
5. Copley
6. Tyrone
7. Ash
8. Boyd
9. Rein
10. James
11. Proc
12. Carty
13. Arrow
14. Sami (?) or Whitbread
15. Hipgrave
16. King
17. Fotuaika/Whitbread
18. Jacks

Dooldog76
16-04-19, 03:18 PM
So according to Ferris in the injury update:

Ash - will be selected and should be right to go
Arrow - good to go, trained all week
Boyd - was rested last week as a precaution and should be back (hopefully make more than 40 running metres this week...)
Matthews - no good this week (what a shame ;)), available next week
AJ - gone for 3 weeks :(

So assuming:
1. Gords
2. Don
3. Kelly
4. Peach
5. Copley
6. Tyrone
7. Ash
8. Boyd
9. Rein
10. James
11. Proc
12. Carty
13. Arrow
14. Sami (?) or Whitbread
15. Hipgrave
16. King
17. Fotuaika/Whitbread
18. Jacks

Still pretty strong

- - - Updated - - -

Hipgrave v klemmer. Can't wait. Also arthars has been ripping it up in qcup. Would it be worth putting him in AJs spot?

JunctionBlock
16-04-19, 04:10 PM
https://i.imgur.com/UHF2hOf.png

Mr Bods
16-04-19, 07:47 PM
Winger on the bench again. No.

Mexican titan
16-04-19, 07:54 PM
Winger on the bench again. No.

A very average winger at that as well and unproven in other backline positions. Sheer lunacy.

Upthetits
17-04-19, 12:56 AM
Must be concerned about ash's leg. Assuming ash goes off peach to 5'8 copley to centre and sami to wing? Although jacks is still in reserves i guess peach adds more versatility than him?

GCTTSD
17-04-19, 03:16 PM
looks like Jesse arthurs not named for burleigh but named for titans, is he injured or a chance for a NRL debut?

lonegull
17-04-19, 03:31 PM
looks like Jesse arthurs not named for burleigh but named for titans, is he injured or a chance for a NRL debut?

Interesting bench ultilty maybe instead of sami

GCTTSD
17-04-19, 03:36 PM
Interesting bench ultilty maybe instead of sami

Jacks named for tweed too, heard arthars been playing well in q cup can also play fullback so might have more utility value

Dooldog76
17-04-19, 06:16 PM
I hope arthars gets a run.

Mr Bods
17-04-19, 08:30 PM
I’ve already said I despise a winger on the bench BUT other than that our team this week is fine.
If our blokes have the spirit to apply themselves for the full 80mins or Even a minimum of 60mins like they did for the last 30mins against Penrith then Brennan has got nothing to fear and neither do we.

Can Brennan and our Leaders make that happen?
That to me is everything.

JunctionBlock
18-04-19, 07:12 AM
I'm trying to go into this game with no expectations. Depending on which team (from both sides) turns up will decide the winner.

Happy Easter break all. See you (hear you) Sunday.

Mr Bods
19-04-19, 11:22 AM
Time for Boyd and Taylor to do something
I’ve long given up on ever seeing Cokey The Clown contribute significantly

Mr Bods
20-04-19, 05:59 PM
Gee who’d have thought we have a game tomorrow?
So quiet.

Anyway with Arthurs/Jacks omitted it’s clear our backline is healthy.

I wonder if Boyd is right to go and whether Brennan is thinking of 4 forwards on the bench.

Upthetits
20-04-19, 06:39 PM
I just hope they have sorted out the gap they kept leaving between proctor and brimson on our line. If not ponga will have a blinder as that is his preferred attacking side.

Im worried.

gotitans101_
20-04-19, 08:27 PM
0 confidence in this game.

Ponga to carve us up imo.

JunctionBlock
20-04-19, 08:30 PM
Why wouldn't we have a four forward bench and if we need Peachey to come into the halfs then move Cartwright to centre and James to the edge?

Mr Bods
21-04-19, 12:26 PM
There’s been a lot of money put on Newcastle this morning.
Anyone know why??

BundyTitan
21-04-19, 12:33 PM
There’s been a lot of money put on Newcastle this morning.
Anyone know why??

I’d say that Brimson and wallace being out has swayed a lot of people, it definitely worries me a bit not having either of them there.

Mr Bods
21-04-19, 12:38 PM
I’d say that Brimson and wallace being out has swayed a lot of people, it definitely worries me a bit not having either of them there.

Punters have known that all week. There has been a lot of action this morning.

Mr Bods
21-04-19, 02:03 PM
Ground announcer just announced Stockwell as being on the bench

Mr Bods
21-04-19, 02:20 PM
Injury update please those watching on TV

BundyTitan
21-04-19, 02:20 PM
Well that’s just fantastic. James gone. Looked like there was nothing in it but was screaming out in pain. We can’t afford another injury seriously.

ozynorts
21-04-19, 02:26 PM
Injury update please those watching on TV

Reported as a contact injury not ligament. Hope their right.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeeeehhaaaaaa Sami

Mr Bods
21-04-19, 02:27 PM
Reported as a contact injury not ligament. Hope their right.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeeeehhaaaaaa Sami

So maybe a sort of Cork injury??

ozynorts
Possibly bone bruise I would think

BundyTitan
Glad to see Sami back, still one of those supporters wondering why he’s been dropped after being our second highest tryscorer and I’m not sure why we are playing a centre on the wing (Copley). Welcome back Phil!!!

ozynorts
21-04-19, 02:36 PM
Feken go boys. Love this start.

- - - Updated - - -

Pressuring them with our defence and taking advantage of errors.

- - - Updated - - -

So maybe a sort of Cork injury??

James has already showered, won’t be back

Mr Bods
21-04-19, 02:44 PM
Possibly bone bruise I would think

Confirmed??

BundyTitan
21-04-19, 02:47 PM
Apparently the medical staff are all having different opinions. Some saying ACL and some saying just bruising. Fingers are crossed

- - - Updated - - -

Sami having a field day. Might just be playing himself back into the team with this performance.

5 Year Contract
21-04-19, 02:53 PM
One of the best half's of footy we have produced in a loooong time. Took our chances, defended well and ran hard. Lets put them to the sword this next 40!

Mr Bods
21-04-19, 02:55 PM
Jesus massive difference between bone bruising and ACL
Why isn’t Proctor playing?

Titanic
21-04-19, 02:58 PM
Anybody want to argue which side Kelly should play on? How much better we look without Wallace and Proctor. My Newar$hole mates have already conceded but they obviously don’t know us very well. Great to see a very fit looking Stockwell backing a much improved Boyd up. Rotation is way better this week. A great half though. Pity Ferris ran out and smashed James knee though.

Back to China tomorrow and pity those not here.

NZFan
21-04-19, 03:01 PM
What has happened to Hipgrave this week? Is he injured?

Mr Bods
21-04-19, 03:17 PM
NRL Physio saying ACL for James

- - - Updated - - -

Better wake up here and not give them a sniff

- - - Updated - - -

Arrow looks a bit ginger coming off now

Firetruck
21-04-19, 03:20 PM
MoFo and Whitbread have played really well both sides of the ball today. Taylor’s defence has been rocks and diamonds, Stockwell having a go.

ozynorts
21-04-19, 03:51 PM
I’m having a feken heart attack here.

- - - Updated - - -

3 massive efforts by Boyd. Huge

Firetruck
21-04-19, 03:56 PM
Taylor should hand his cheque to his buddy. A bloody expensive and ineffective passenger.

Mr Bods
21-04-19, 04:02 PM
We need a bloody song!!!

Club get us a friggin song

Great afternoon

Hoping for a miracle with James

mdrew
21-04-19, 04:03 PM
Jai Whitbread was outstanding as was Max King. Well done Titans

ozynorts
21-04-19, 04:06 PM
Up to 11th on the ladder after that win, now for the broncos to lose

Dooldog76
21-04-19, 04:09 PM
Glad I was at that game.

DavidBouveng
21-04-19, 04:12 PM
pretty awesome effort all round despite the injuries and lack of cohesion in attack for most of the game, the last play being an amazing exception.

A few things to think about.

- Carty stays on the right. Hes soft touch with the ball on 3 or 4 plays was sublime on a few plays, with the exclamation point on the last play. His defence is now about as good as anyone in the team aside from Arrow, and he is starting to show some glimpses in attack and not making many errors. break out the streamers and fairy bread, its about to be a Carty Party and we are all invited.

- Kelly also stays where he is, his natural footwork suits him here and what he did on that try looks reminiscent of what he did for manly last year or 2

- Whitbread has been a good addition and should stay in the top 17

- Tyrone played the house down and should be named captain next week in James' absence.

- We have actual depth. I know people will rag on James and Wallace and proctor but to win without them showed we have enough bodies to get it done.

- Sorry Peatsy, its been fun, but you will be coming back through Intrust and will take some work to get back in NRL team.

- I thougth Boyd ran really hard and fast today. Also loved his late chase on Lee after missing him first up, at 34-14 he chased hard for 25 metres or so and got him second time. big heart and that will win some fans over if he plays like that.

- Mofo still not quite himself. he is super young so im not worried but i hope he gets out of his funk soon.

- I would not have a problem with Peachey and Carty being our two second rowers - speed, biggish bodies anyway and we have a lot of middle forwards in rotation. Frees up a spot for Sami or Arthurs as well out wide,

- Importantly, the knights were pretty trash, but you can only play whats in front of you and we defended out line with passion, spread the ball on turnovers and played with intent most of the day. Cant be unhappy with that

- we have a good run of games in my opinion and should aim to win at LEAST 3, but hopefully 4 and put us right in the mix of the bottom end of the 8.

JunctionBlock
21-04-19, 05:16 PM
Great win and thankfully for us in the crowd the rain cleared out for two hours for us to enjoy the footy.

Boyd and Proctor were warming up away from the rest of the team both with their right hammy strapped. Guess Boyd made it and Cokey didn't (no loss whatsoever).

Hope James isn't an ACL, honestly at the ground it was confusing because we couldn't see any lateral movement in the knee and honestly just looked like he kneed old mate in the back square.

The reshuffle after James left was crazy I thought but that's why I'm not a coach in the NRL, it worked. Kelly has been outstanding, we fell asleep there at the end but brought it home and started to be cohesive as a team. If we lost Taylor I honestly don't think it would make a difference to our team, his reluctance to even be the second man in on tackles beggars belief. Absolute passenger.

Happy days, hopefully after Mals desperate plea for memberships during the week will be answered after a couple of wins.

Sounds like we're on the road for a while now including the wasted home game up the highway. Fingers crossed.

Mr Bods
21-04-19, 05:47 PM
Taylor body language is still appalling
A marquee man on $1million should have a swagger

I need to say again - we need a song!!! Do your job club admin.

First half amazing
Second half the application drop off was frustrating

We are better without Proctor! It’s significant.

It’s looking like an ACL for our Captain, what a price to pay.

Uber Eats Beers and a Scotch Tonight Brothers and sisters

If James isn’t an ACL then cause for a small extra celebration in a few days.

ozynorts
21-04-19, 06:02 PM
Taylor body language is still appalling
A marquee man on $1million should have a swagger

I need to say again - we need a song!!! Do your job club admin.

First half amazing
Second half the application drop off was frustrating

We are better without Proctor! It’s significant.

It’s looking like an ACL for our Captain, what a price to pay.

Uber Eats Beers and a Scotch Tonight Brothers and sisters

If James isn’t an ACL then cause for a small extra celebration in a few days.

Just to make the win that bit sweeter, the broncos lost.

JunctionBlock
21-04-19, 06:02 PM
Video looks like he did it with a change of direction before hitting his knee into the back of the Knights player. Scans Tuesday apparently. Fingers crossed but we can't keep having these major injuries. It's only round 6!

Mr Bods
21-04-19, 06:13 PM
Video looks like he did it with a change of direction before hitting his knee into the back of the Knights player. Scans Tuesday apparently. Fingers crossed but we can't keep having these major injuries. It's only round 6!

It’s an ACL for sure. We won’t see him until 2020. It’s a bit depressing. My mood has changed a bit also because the Suns are getting horribly pumped.

Dooldog76
21-04-19, 06:28 PM
Looks like James will be out for a while. Brennan in the press conference hinted at as much. I have not been a fan of Roberts and really wanted jacks to partner Taylor. I'm happy to be wrong. Roberts is looking really good. We are starting to gel and Cartwright starting to play like a third half out on the edge. We finally won without needing heart meds in the last 10 minutes.

SCoast Titan
21-04-19, 06:54 PM
Why don’t they have the boys doing the victory song on Twitter this year???

gcboyz
21-04-19, 06:58 PM
With James out early we lost an eighty minute player. Three man bench for the rest of the game was always going have a fatigue factor and a fightback was on the cards but the boys held firm.

The Arrow hit on Klemmer sitting him on his bum was the delight of the day for me.

I thought Ash was carrying an injury in the second half, hence his lack of involvement. Write him off at your peril.

Titanic Believer
21-04-19, 07:20 PM
I didn't watch the game, only highlights.(getting over the flu)
Great to get a win but I will be convinced when we beat a good team playing well. That second half clock off was a worry.
The top four could be decided very early this year.

Mexican titan
21-04-19, 07:24 PM
I have given Boyd a flogging on here but today I thought he was really strong, and hopefully we'll get more than 38 minutes out of him in the next games.
I thought Mo had a strong first half when we went well but his second half was poor and even though we dodged a few bullets with the Knights blowing those two early tries at the start of the second half, I'll take 38-14 anytime.
As for Taylor I'd really like to see Brimson come back in the halves and put Ash in QCup to wake him up. It was interesting to watch the Manly v Dragons game and the talk about the shoot out for the Qld half spot between Hunt and DCE. Taylor is so far behind those two it isn't funny. We also have a chance to find an inspirational captain now that James might be missing for a while.
In front of the Broncs, all is good.

NZFan
21-04-19, 09:07 PM
Something is definitely up with Ash but I don't think it's completely down to injuries. His confidence is gone and it only seems to be getting worse with Brennan talking about Tyrone being the dominant half. I'm not sure that he needs to be dropped to QCup just yet but any more of those types of games then I'd be considering it. Thankfully Roberts did a very effective job in attack completing our sets but Taylors defensive inefficiencies were really noticeable today. I've been calling for Cartwright to switch sides all season but I do worry about it knocking his confidence if he switches sides and teams target those two. One thing that is certain with Garth is he will never hang Ash out to dry (he was happy to drop Elgey last season but never acknowledged Ashs bad defence). I'm really starting to warm up to Cartwright, I just don't want him to slip backwards.

Boyd was good. MoFo had his moments. Rein also played well but burnt out with 15min to go. The outside backs still remains a funny one. After last week I had warmed up to Copley on the wing but Sami played well today. I actually think Copley is a better winger than centre because his defence isn't so important. So I dunno. I really want to see Arthars get a run though.

It looks like Tyrone is a shoe in for the captaincy next week and who can argue with that after today. I'd like to see Arrow given co-captaincy though. It wont happen after hearing Brennans post match though his name wasn't even mentioned, but he just seems like a natural leader to me. I'm calling it now, I think he will captain Australia one day.

One last thing I want to say. I am pretty rough on the guy and I know he is club favourite, but what was Don doing on that try they scored down his side? He did the exact same thing last week when Clearly passed around his back. Both occasions he has run through the line and come up with nothing. I'm assuming he was going for an intercept but it's not good enough. It was still a two on one so he was at long odds to stop the try anyway but at least tackle one of the players, don't just grasp at thin air.

Titanic Believer
22-04-19, 11:58 AM
But the big question to be answered. Why won't Don pull up his pants? Don isn't good!

JunctionBlock
23-04-19, 07:35 AM
MT, just on Boyd, his lungs were burning early on so thankfully we were scoring tries where he was able to get some breath back. My seats are northern end goal posts and when he was coming back for kick offs he was wasted after 20 mins. Hands on hips sucking in the deep breaths. I was hoping we'd go to the bench for the poor guy. Thankfully kick offs were going to MoFo. Just needs to get his match fitness back I guess.

NZFan, as you said, the post match interview with Brennan would indicate Tyrone will get the captaincy as he did after James left the field. Arrow won't get captaincy as he isn't on the field for 80 mins no matter how much I'd like to see him do that. The thing that got me about Don and Sami was that neither of them backed themselves after making slight breaks (sami 2nd half) and getting a lead. It does my head in.

Good win and hopefully the Tigers are still reeling from the flogging from the Eels this weekend.

lonegull
23-04-19, 08:03 AM
One thing I noticed in the game was rein service from dummy half, seems to be a lot quicker than peats and if anyone watches the replays have a look at where he puts the ball when he goes to Roberts or Ash when wide of the ruck he puts it out the front of them so they are moving when they catch it gets them going on the front foot straight away

NZFan
23-04-19, 08:01 PM
MT, just on Boyd, his lungs were burning early on so thankfully we were scoring tries where he was able to get some breath back. My seats are northern end goal posts and when he was coming back for kick offs he was wasted after 20 mins. Hands on hips sucking in the deep breaths. I was hoping we'd go to the bench for the poor guy. Thankfully kick offs were going to MoFo. Just needs to get his match fitness back I guess.

NZFan, as you said, the post match interview with Brennan would indicate Tyrone will get the captaincy as he did after James left the field. Arrow won't get captaincy as he isn't on the field for 80 mins no matter how much I'd like to see him do that. The thing that got me about Don and Sami was that neither of them backed themselves after making slight breaks (sami 2nd half) and getting a lead. It does my head in.

Good win and hopefully the Tigers are still reeling from the flogging from the Eels this weekend.

James doesn't play 80min though? I'd like to see Arrow co-captains with Tyrone so he can grow into the role.

Man that bugs me so much about all of our wingers that we have seen in recent times. They should be our ex factor but they always look to play the percentages. I'd love to see them back themselves more, especially when the line is open. If there is a 50/50 chance of scoring I'd be telling them to go for it every time. Forget cutting in, just pin the ears back like Meady would.

teke
24-04-19, 02:55 AM
James doesn't play 80min though? I'd like to see Arrow co-captains with Tyrone so he can grow into the role.

Man that bugs me so much about all of our wingers that we have seen in recent times. They should be our ex factor but they always look to play the percentages. I'd love to see them back themselves more, especially when the line is open. If there is a 50/50 chance of scoring I'd be telling them to go for it every time. Forget cutting in, just pin the ears back like Meady would.Troy Leo would :D