PDA

View Full Version : Round 4: NZ Warriors vs TITANS (2019)

DIEHARD
31-03-19, 02:59 PM
NZ Warriors vs TITANS

Friday, 5th April 2019

Mr Bods
31-03-19, 08:24 PM
We go into development mode. Play the younger guys now.

JunctionBlock
31-03-19, 08:48 PM
Ummmm, we haven't even developed the older players. Play the team we should play if they are healthy and gets some points on the board and build from there.

Except for this Sami on the bench joke.

lonegull
31-03-19, 09:01 PM
Warriors without Luke should make it a bit easier although after their weekend performance I am sure they will be a different side

Mr Bods
31-03-19, 09:20 PM
Ummmm, we haven't even developed the older players. Play the team we should play if they are healthy and gets some points on the board and build from there.

Except for this Sami on the bench joke.

There’s no point in that now. Top 8 is over. Took 3 weeks after all this you must be positive and you can’t talk about our weaknesses talk over the summer. What a waste of time that was.
So look at the kids now, develop combinations and don’t bother with older players coming off contract that we don’t want going forward.
Train wreck.

I’ll say it again...even though all the genius’ late in 2018 and all through pre-season shouted me down....to lose the Catterick Trio after one season was disturbing and a disaster.

0-3.

ja4220
31-03-19, 09:24 PM
Let’s just punt the panthers connections. They weren’t wanted there for a reason. With the exception of Rein they have all been a massive, over paid disappointment.
To be honest, Brennans recruitment in general has been pretty ordina

lonegull
31-03-19, 09:35 PM
Both Tyrone and Ash are travelling to NZ, so if one or both plays who plays fullback, I think Brennan has to put Brimson there without a doubt

Mr Bods
31-03-19, 09:46 PM
Both Tyrone and Ash are travelling to NZ, so if one or both plays who plays fullback, I think Brennan has to put Brimson there without a doubt

Brimson should have been FB from the start. That’s where he impacts a game at his best.

Titanic
31-03-19, 09:59 PM
As a pre-cursor to this post, I have to admit that my season won't start until I see the full 17 playing. The almost (I said 'almost') farcical parading of Brimson/Peachey/Jacks as our starting 6/7 took most of my interest in the team away.

I doubt he'll play Brimson at 1 but I think Jacks will be 'gone-ski'. I am liking Cartwright more and more. I also liked keeping the ball away from Proctor a lot. All Copley haters back off ... he and Kelly are genuine A Grade centres ... the rest are not. Rein wins the 9 competition by a long long way.

But I have to ask:

1. "where was the kick chase?" We only chased one kick and it resulted in Don's try. The run up in a line and wait for the runner is out of the junior league play book.
2. "what's happened to James' agro?" He's really turned into a marshmallow.

Surfers66
01-04-19, 04:41 PM
Kings been really good, I say give him Wallace's starting spot.

NZFan
01-04-19, 04:58 PM
As a pre-cursor to this post, I have to admit that my season won't start until I see the full 17 playing. The also (I said 'almost') farcical parading of Brimson/Peachey/Jacks as our starting 6/7 took most of my interest in the team away.

I doubt he'll play Brimson at 1 but I think Jacks will be 'gone-ski'. I am liking Cartwright more and more. I also liked keeping the ball away from Proctor a lot. All Copley haters back off ... he and Kelly are genuine A Grade centres ... the rest are not. Rein wins the 9 competition by a long long way.

But I have to ask:

1. "where was the kick chase?" We only chased one kick and it resulted in Don's try. The run up in a line and wait for the runner is out of the junior league play book.
2. "what's happened to James' agro?" He's really turned into a marshmallow.

I thought Jacks outplayed AJ last game. I don't understand where all the Jacks bashing is coming from. He was solid I thought and we had a lot better game management compared to the week before when AJ got most of the ball. Also don't agree with the Copley comment. Yes he scored an intercept try but he also gave one away from a pretty disappointing defensive read. He effectively jammed in on no one. Not only that but how short is your memory? His defence last year was the worst in the comp for centre.

Agree with the rest of the comment though. Cartwright is getting better every week and that kick chase was frustrating me also. It makes the kicks look pointless but a kick is only ever as good as its chase. Is it a fatigue thing? Or effort?

Our three highest paid front rowers are all marshmallows. Give the captaincy to someone else and let James be a loose cannon again I say

Mr Bods
01-04-19, 06:17 PM
It’s hard to pick a team this week given we are unsure of Taylor and Roberts status.
Just in general conversation at work today we are a pathetic joke.

Good Job Brennan. Let’s see if the players respect you this week or you should start looking at the job guide. Whilst I’m at it, dare I say this given how sensitive QLD fans are but what the far Out is Meninga doing.

Our top 8 aspirations are absolutely over BUT this team needs to regroup and get a win for their own pride and the fans/members/sponsors and the residents of The Beautiful City.

The much despised kids at The Suns are having a real crack and our Titans blokes are just role models in half bottomed individual efforts, stupidity in brainless penalties and inability to apply themselves as a team for a whole match.

So seriously they need to win over in NZ or it’s time for The Blow Torch and to Get the Long Knives Out for Brennan and Co.

Mr Bods
01-04-19, 07:25 PM
I thought Jacks outplayed AJ last game. I don't understand where all the Jacks bashing is coming from. He was solid I thought and we had a lot better game management compared to the week before when AJ got most of the ball. Also don't agree with the Copley comment. Yes he scored an intercept try but he also gave one away from a pretty disappointing defensive read. He effectively jammed in on no one. Not only that but how short is your memory? His defence last year was the worst in the comp for centre.

Agree with the rest of the comment though. Cartwright is getting better every week and that kick chase was frustrating me also. It makes the kicks look pointless but a kick is only ever as good as its chase. Is it a fatigue thing? Or effort?

Our three highest paid front rowers are all marshmallows. Give the captaincy to someone else and let James be a loose cannon again I say

Whether I agree or disagree with your opinions for what it’s worth I always enjoy your posts

- - - Updated - - -

Let’s just punt the panthers connections. They weren’t wanted there for a reason. With the exception of Rein they have all been a massive, over paid disappointment.
To be honest, Brennans recruitment in general has been pretty ordina

Yep too right-be better off punting all the blokes we got that aren’t from the local area such as The Panthers Fellas and Peats and continue to concentrate on bringing home the locals especially the good forwards the Drongoes stole off us.

DavidBouveng
01-04-19, 09:15 PM
It should be noted that Neil Henry was responsible for almost all of our good signings recently.

He never got to coach the squad he developed and built. Hayne ruined that year and then Neil got punted.

Mr Bods
01-04-19, 09:19 PM
^^^^ so true
Fat Flog Hayne caused us so much damage

Titanic
01-04-19, 10:53 PM
Although I haven’t given up on Brennan yet, Henry wasn’t any better. We were going downhill fast with the Cartwright/Henry ideology. I don’t think we have ever had a coach of top class quality with enough professionalism to balance the on and off field environment. Cartwright too soft, Henry too rigid and I’m not sure what we have now.

Tomorrow’s selections will be interesting but I kind of liked the last minute tweaks, bar Sami, which showed a step or two in the right direction.

Hey NZ, I agree that Jacks outplayed Brimson. My comment was that Jacks will be the first to go whereas I would be inclined to bring AJ off the bench if he’s not FB. He may go alright at left centre but I would hate to turn him into a utility.

Without knowing who’s fit I can’t be bothered speculating on the team.

JunctionBlock
02-04-19, 10:20 AM
It should be noted that Neil Henry was responsible for almost all of our good signings recently.

He never got to coach the squad he developed and built. Hayne ruined that year and then Neil got punted.

Same thing happened in NTH QLD before he got the ass too. Maybe he needs to look at a recruitment style position rather than coaching as he seems to lose the locker room at some point.

Anyway, back to the thread. Is it wrong for Hipgrave to be given the job of taking RTS out. With him out we should be a fair chance of winning this one.

Titanic
02-04-19, 02:44 PM
I know this is not appropriate here and I’ll remind you all of it later but I have had an epiphany: Hipgrave getting Pangai under the rib cage and putting him into next year.

teke
02-04-19, 02:51 PM
I see AJ as a long term utility and a good darn good one aswell.

In this squad Peachey would be more effective at FB, he's way to restricted in a small channel on the left.

I think Kelly is going to improve the most with the playmakers back. He needs a tiny bit more time and space with the ball and he will be a weapon.

If the club had centres id be throwing him out onto the wing

JunctionBlock
02-04-19, 02:53 PM
Looks like the Warriors are dropping Keighran this week after poor performances the last couple of games so hopefully we can exploit that.

JunctionBlock
02-04-19, 06:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/5Lp3BNb.png

I hope this is the team we take the field with.

Titanic
02-04-19, 06:11 PM
Sorry for King but happy for MoFo.

TitansState
02-04-19, 06:39 PM
Gordon is solid and doesnt deserve to be dropped. BUT it doesnt matter...you pick the best available players in each position. AJ is the best fb we got. Why wait a year and stall his development if he's just gonna end up playing there anyway. Chuck gordon on the wing.

Upthetits
02-04-19, 06:50 PM
I feel gordon is safe, but thats where it ends. It just seems like hes lost half a yard of speed this year which is to be expected. Once taylor and tryone come back i think he should be dropped for AJ

JunctionBlock
02-04-19, 06:53 PM
We're trying to win games not make changes for change sake. This is the team Brennan wanted for round 1 so lets see it deliver.

Mr Bods
02-04-19, 06:54 PM
I am cool with Cartwright starting in 2nd row and James to prop as he’s done enough to earn a bit of trust.
BUT BUT BUT Brimson not at FB just bewilders me.

Could have gone Gordon Wing, Copley Centre and had Peachey interchange.
Peachey Form is worthy of being put on notice and being the Utility.

I think we potentially have a star of the game in AJ at FB.

Brennan does my head in.

TitansState
02-04-19, 08:31 PM
We're trying to win games

It wouldn't be making changes for the sake of it. It would be making changes to ensure that the best possible team is starting on the field to actually win the game.

Mexican titan
02-04-19, 09:03 PM
We have a few non performers in our side but looking at the Warriors they have three Titans cast offs in Paasi, Lawnton and Burr.
As JB said, this is the team the coach wanted in round 1 so it's his neck on the line.
I agree with the Brimson to FB sentiment but perhaps he isn't ready fitness wise yet. He has done nothing in the games to date, like a few others.

Surfers66
03-04-19, 09:18 AM
Sorry for King but happy for MoFo.

Whats King done wrong? I thought he has been one of the better forwards with Arrow for the first 3 weeks.

NZFan
03-04-19, 09:25 AM
I am cool with Cartwright starting in 2nd row and James to prop as he’s done enough to earn a bit of trust.
BUT BUT BUT Brimson not at FB just bewilders me.

Could have gone Gordon Wing, Copley Centre and had Peachey interchange.
Peachey Form is worthy of being put on notice and being the Utility.

This is what I thought as well Bods with the squad they took over there. I'd still prefer a young centre in there though. The downside of having Gordon on the wing however is he would be up against Fusitua when cross field kicks come. Big height difference - although Copley isn't much taller.

As Mexican said, perhaps AJ just isn't ready yet. It has to be a matter of time though.

I'm looking forward to seeing Lawts play again. That Harris Tevita is a decent footballer though, I would have been happier seeing Keighran back for another week

- - - Updated - - -

RavShamrock
03-04-19, 09:53 PM
I’m reading a **** load of innuendo on this forum at the moment and probably should have shut it down until we had at least one capable first-grade half.
Yes tongue in cheek but the team/players performances have all been so adversely effected that I think the Titans season really starts once this occurs.
Bring on the Warriors and may the presumptions fade into obscurity.

C-Whiz
03-04-19, 11:00 PM
Both teams have different reasons to play for pride, but if we can't build on our effort against Souths then we can't build. Halves or not, we have shown improvement and that should continue. A win is the only acceptable outcome. Both teams know this.

It's this week or it's next year.

DIEHARD
04-04-19, 12:50 AM
Delighted to see have our halves back. Both were more than I hoped for. Hope they aren't under done. Looking forward to this but Warriors in NZ is a tough one, GC too come to think of it.

DIEHARD
04-04-19, 01:51 AM
The Titans will proudly carry the message “In Support of White Ribbon” in the major-sponsor position on the front of the jersey, and also on the back of the playing shorts, for the game against the Warriors.

Find out all about the initiative.

http://bit.ly/2YL98Mv

http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/55954388_10157043279649593_9073659810607529984_.jp g

JunctionBlock
04-04-19, 08:18 AM
Worthy cause. Hope Everything is ok with NEDS.

Shout out to the club who must be reading the forum and gave us a one on one with Dan Ferris in the latest news letter. Hahahaha

Bayside Titan
04-04-19, 09:49 AM
I read somewhere that NZ have strict rules in Gambling Advertising. So the Titans negotiated with NEDS to put the White Ribbon logo on the jersey for the Warriors game.

JunctionBlock
04-04-19, 10:00 AM
Cheers BT, well at least a worthy cause gets pride of place.

ja4220
04-04-19, 06:15 PM
I read somewhere that NZ have strict rules in Gambling Advertising. So the Titans negotiated with NEDS to put the White Ribbon logo on the jersey for the Warriors game.
It’s also on all the junior jerseys that are produced for sale as well.

JunctionBlock
04-04-19, 06:56 PM
We must be confident the halfs are healthy. Jacks and Whitbread first to drop off the extended bench.

Mr Bods
04-04-19, 06:58 PM
^^^ it shows that at least one of them is right to play.

JunctionBlock
05-04-19, 12:26 PM
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/05/non-stop-rein-wary-of-gassing-out-in-80-minute-role/

Bit of an article about Rein worth a read.

DavidBouveng
05-04-19, 01:32 PM
ok so i think tonight is important for us from a mental perspective and we need to make the most of it, because it is uniquely this week where it can be most effective.

to expand:

We have a pretty rough start to the season and its hard to know how much is due to the loss of our first choice halves, and whether we would have gone just as badly with them in the team. i personally think that it has contributed but some other things concern me such as a lack of potency out wide and a lack of urgency from our pack.

however, such is the elusive nature of confidence, a good win tonight...might push those other issues aside and give them team a mental boost similar to Cole Trickle's emotional and mental boost when he drives through the smokey crash unscathed in Days Of Thunder, and then he reverts to his normal ass kicking self and leaves everyone for dead. our team might just go ' oh of course, it was just our halves... of course, and now we have them, so lets go....' and then we are away. We could potentially go a run and even 3 wins in next 4 would be enough to have us back in the ball game and mixing it for the 8

Note that this mental boost in confidence doesn't need to be based in reality - just the coincidental timing and reinforcement of their inner belief that they can only do it with Ash / Tyrone would be enough - somewhat like the emperor's new clothes... as long as he believes it, he can leave his man junk out and everything's good.

on the other hand, it doesn't bear thinking about if Ash and Tyrone comeback and we get flogged. the glimmer of hope that players were holding to ( 'man we suck, but surely once we get our top halves back...') would evaporate swiftly and we would be in a very deep hole, the commentary in league circles who have given us a break cos of injuries would pile on and it would be chaos.

Warriors have also been awful and don't have the player who most carved us up in recent times. they have a rookie half and a journeyman 5/8 who keeps getting wraps despite not actually getting teams to the finals.

Lets get a big win and get some positive mental Juju working in our favour.

gotitans101_
05-04-19, 02:16 PM
I reckon we can win this game with Ash and Tyrone back tbh. I just wish we would clean up our edge D because it seems every year nothing is ever done about it.

Titanic
05-04-19, 02:48 PM
Funny how the Forum was so against Roberts returning but now he’s the savior. Remember how Elgey displaced him and Roberts/Taylor spat the dummy? How did Elgey do that? It was on the back of some very ordinary performances by Roberts after some very good performances. Then he went to SL and did the same ... some good, some ordinary performances but no terrible ones. Taylor is older but needs a role model. Maybe just maybe, our resurrection starts with them ... tonight.

Mr Bods
05-04-19, 04:03 PM
The players need to show they have a modicum or respect for Brennan with a disciplined courageous 80min effort and get the Win for him/themselves/members/community tonight or it’s time for the media/fans/members to go at Brennan hard to get him removed.

This match is about survival. Ladder irrelevant-win or it’s going to be very very ugly in The Beautiful City.

I’m off to sharpen the knives. Later.

Dooldog76
05-04-19, 05:15 PM
Up the lads. I'm pumped.

Mr Bods
05-04-19, 05:52 PM
I’m nervous Dools
I fear the repercussions of another loss

BundyTitan
05-04-19, 05:58 PM
We need a win here. There’s no excuses.

ozynorts
05-04-19, 06:02 PM
Funny how the Forum was so against Roberts returning but now he’s the savior. Remember how Elgey displaced him and Roberts/Taylor spat the dummy? How did Elgey do that? It was on the back of some very ordinary performances by Roberts after some very good performances. Then he went to SL and did the same ... some good, some ordinary performances but no terrible ones. Taylor is older but needs a role model. Maybe just maybe, our resurrection starts with them ... tonight.
Great post mate, I have been thinking the same

gotitans101_
05-04-19, 06:11 PM
James clearly gassed after 10 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

ROFL you know you're bad when you let Peta Hiku score.

Dooldog76
05-04-19, 06:13 PM
Me too bods

gotitans101_
05-04-19, 06:16 PM
Is James the softest forward in the NRL?

ozynorts
05-04-19, 06:17 PM
Is James the softest forward in the NRL?

Wallace and Boyd are giving him a run

gotitans101_
05-04-19, 06:26 PM
Old man drops ball

- - - Updated - - -

This is awful

Boonarga
05-04-19, 06:29 PM
Won't it be great when we get Taylor and Roberts back. That will bring some structure to the team.

5 Year Contract
05-04-19, 06:29 PM
****ING HANDLING ERRORS!!! Im taking crazy pills here! Can we as a first grade team go one game without just making simple errors

ozynorts
05-04-19, 06:33 PM
Won't it be great when we get Taylor and Roberts back. That will bring some structure to the team.

:) :eyebrows: :rolf:

5 Year Contract
05-04-19, 06:39 PM
Well at least we are finally answering some questions....that question being who is the worst team in the comp. Doesnt even suprise me anymore. We are a bottom 4 team at best and cant execute a simple set of 6 to save ourselves

NZFan
05-04-19, 06:40 PM
We actually have no structure. Listen to what Mick Ennis says. We just keep shuffling across the field and no one straightens its pathetic. We need to turn people under and run straight.

Taylor and Roberts are playing way too early from the line. Roberts is running sideways. It's so frustrating.

And that NRL article about Rein pretty much sums up his performance today. He looks like he's purposely trying to save energy so when offloads come, he passes instead of runs giving us zero advantage at all.

lonegull
05-04-19, 06:41 PM
Disgraceful

BundyTitan
05-04-19, 06:42 PM
This is absolutely disgusting.

You know a lot of people around the game say that we will never be a force and I’m starting to believe it. I fail to see when we will ever improve and actually challenge for the title.

psmitty
05-04-19, 06:42 PM
The drums for Brennan's sacking have begun.

Whats Doing
05-04-19, 06:43 PM
The team are a rabble. There is so much wrong with these bunch of imposters masquerading as NRL players

NZFan
Two awful reads from our wingers. Two tries. Give someone else a go these players have proven that they are not up to standard.

gotitans101_
"Copley doesn't trust his inside man," - Peachey. I wouldn't either. He is a garbage defender and was my main gripe when signing him. We sign rejects from other clubs who always have severe deficiencies in some aspect of their game and the problem is we're never able to coach it into them.

lonegull
05-04-19, 06:44 PM
Two awful reads from our wingers. Two tries. Give someone else a go these players have proven that they are not up to standard.

5 Year Contract
05-04-19, 06:46 PM
Disgraceful

I can honestly say its easy to be negative but I am disgusted with that 40 minutes. One of the most pathetic we have produced in a long time. We arent NRL standard unfortunately. And for whatever reason whenever we sign a "marquee" player they regress. The fact its 12-0 is a miracle. Club needs a cleanout

DavidBouveng
pretty ordinary.

the only change with Ash and Tyrone in is that the passes look a bit prettier as they predictably travel to a marked attacker.

running block plays into the side that has more defenders than attackers is not clever football. until last 10 minutes when the bombs started getting dropped i thought we were in the grind and had the better of territory, but our attack is so bad we slowly let warriors back into it.

lonegull
The drums for Brennan's sacking have begun.

Couldn’t agree more

5 Year Contract
05-04-19, 06:47 PM
This is absolutely disgusting.

You know a lot of people around the game say that we will never be a force and I’m starting to believe it. I fail to see when we will ever improve and actually challenge for the title.

Honestly we will cease to be a club shortly. Who would want to pay money to see this team play. Fans can only take so much. You can build all the goodwill you want off the field but if you dont perform you wont survive

Boonarga
05-04-19, 06:47 PM
Compare that 40 to the first 40 of the Roosters last night. It's like first grade V.s under 12's

GCTTSD
05-04-19, 06:48 PM
If Brennan can't fire up the guys to go out and play like an actual nrl team this second half then I'd be looking for a new coach soon

C-Whiz
05-04-19, 06:50 PM
Some ordinary footy being played by 2 very ordinary teams, but one team is making very fundamental errors and looking like schoolboys.
Nothing good to see here. The Titnas have 40 minutes to save any hope for the season and any hope of keeping fans on the hook, because there must be a lot of people like me who are just about done with watching crap like this each week.

DavidBouveng
05-04-19, 06:51 PM
I said i would start the 2020 coach thread if we lost this week... they have about 15 minutes of the second half before i go off early and get it started.

lonegull
05-04-19, 06:53 PM
Some ordinary footy being played by 2 very ordinary teams, but one team is making very fundamental errors and looking like schoolboys.
Nothing good to see here. The Titnas have 40 minutes to save any hope for the season and any hope of keeping fans on the hook, because there must be a lot of people like me who are just about done with watching crap like this each week.

Well said Whiz

Dobes
05-04-19, 06:56 PM
What the f**k are they doing? Not playing at first grade standard whatsoever. We’re supposedly known to have plenty of depth and competition for spots. So how about we drop the underperforming players?

Next week we need to field something like:

1. Brimson
2. Don
3. Lee
4. Kelly
5. Sami
6. Roberts
7. Taylor
8. Wallace *
9. Rein
10. James *
11. Cartwright
12. Arrow
13. Peachey

14. Boyd
15. Hipgrave
16. Fotuaika
17. King

Wallace and James should be on notice (hence the stars next to their names) too but I’m not sure what we’d do about that. Brimson needs to be used at fullback now, there’s no question. Someone else eluded to Gordon being the safe option earlier. That’s all he is. At times tonight, his performance has been anything but safe though. Copley needs to be dropped based on that woeful half alone. Bring Sami back. Peachey is wasted out in the centres. Put him in at lock and see how he goes. Slip Arrow into the second row. Proctor is absolutely useless. Won’t happen but I’d love to see him dropped. I give the halves a tad benefit of the doubt given their injuries, but theyd want to get back up to speed and quick. We’ve allegedly got plenty of depth and competition, let’s see it utilised.

5 Year Contract
05-04-19, 06:58 PM
What the f**k are they doing? Not playing at first grade standard whatsoever. We’re supposedly known to have plenty of depth and competition for spots. So how about we drop the underperforming players?

Next week we need to field something like:

1. Brimson
2. Don
3. Lee
4. Kelly
5. Sami
6. Roberts
7. Taylor
8. Wallace *
9. Rein
10. James *
11. Cartwright
12. Arrow
13. Peachey

14. Boyd
15. Hipgrave
16. Fotuaika
17. King

Wallace and James should be on notice (hence the stars next to their names) too but I’m not sure what we’d do about that. Brimson needs to be used at fullback now, there’s no question. Someone else eluded to Gordon being the safe option earlier. That’s all he is. At times tonight, his performance has been anything but safe though. Copley needs to be dropped based on that woeful half alone. Bring Sami back. Peachey is wasted out in the centres. Put him in at lock and see how he goes. Slip Arrow into the second row. Proctor is absolutely useless. Won’t happen but I’d love to see him dropped. I give the halves a tad benefit of the doubt given their injuries, but theyd want to get back up to speed and quick. We’ve allegedly got plenty of depth and competition, let’s see it utilised.

amen. The question ive asked every game the last 2 seasons. have you EVER seen Proctor break the line with his wide runs at the opposition edge defenders? I havent

Whats Doing
05-04-19, 06:59 PM
Roberts runs sideways and passes 5 metres before the defensive line. Absolute joke of a first grader and has a heart of s pea and no wonder we don’t look like scoring ant tries.

Dobes
05-04-19, 07:00 PM
amen. The question ive asked every game the last 2 seasons. have you EVER seen Proctor break the line with his wide runs at the opposition edge defenders? I havent

100% mate! Something needs to be done.

gotitans101_
05-04-19, 07:04 PM
Hipgrave lolol

rj62
05-04-19, 07:05 PM
New coach thread and I’m out

lonegull
05-04-19, 07:07 PM
Takes arrow off and leave Cartwright on, what a coach we have

Whats Doing
5 minutes in the second half and we are already gassed

gotitans101_
And still no Brimson lol

lonegull
05-04-19, 07:08 PM
So AJ will come on for the last 5 I am presuming and play front row

gotitans101_
05-04-19, 07:09 PM
Just resign Brennan. You've made this team even worse than it already was.

5 Year Contract
05-04-19, 07:10 PM
That'll do me for this week.

Mr Bods
BYE BYE Brennan

I want to apologise to everyone too
I was one of the people that wanted him to be coach m

I made a terrible error and I want to own it

He’s a snake oil salesman

Brennan must go

Dust off the Clipboard Mal

ozynorts
Proctor was good at the storm because he had
1)Cronk deciding if and when he received the ball.
2)Cronk had Slater as a foil to keep defenders honest and therefore they couldn’t just mark up on Proctor.
3) Melbourne play as a team and everyone plays their role to perfection.
Our first playmakers just feed Proctor the ball and hope he breaks the line but because there is no other threat ie Slater the defence just sits and waits for the standard barge play.

lonegull
What are MALS vision statements RAPT he obviously hasn’t showed them to the players and coach

TitansState
05-04-19, 07:12 PM
My presumptions about this team has really faded into obscurity.

GCTTSD
05-04-19, 07:13 PM
Just wait for Garth to talk about our effort and how we never gave up in the press conference

ozynorts
05-04-19, 07:15 PM
Before we start trying to behead Brennan let’s have a look at what options are out there. The last time time we punted a coach early we cost ourselves a chance at Bellamy.
The only current nrl coaches off contract at the end of this year are Arthur, Ciraldo and McGregor, hardly standout options.

gotitans101_
lmfao

this is so bad

lonegull
Brimson been on for 2 minutes and he is already the titans best

rj62
05-04-19, 07:17 PM
Before we start trying to behead Brennan let’s have a look at what options are out there. The last time time we punted a coach early we cost ourselves a chance at Bellamy.
The only current nrl coaches off contract at the end of this year are Arthur, Ciraldo and McGregor, hardly standout options.

Sanity

Refreshing

gotitans101_
05-04-19, 07:18 PM
Sanity

Refreshing

Are you ever critical of this team....or coach?

Just curious. What will it take?

rj62
05-04-19, 07:22 PM
Are you ever critical of this team....or coach?

Just curious. What will it take?

Are you never ?

Plenty over the years if you’d care to read .

We’ve had our first choice halves back for 50 minutes and we are baying for blood .

Im unsure why you and many others don’t go and support a team that pleases you.

Mr Bods
05-04-19, 07:22 PM
I’ll take Toovey or Walters right now

gotitans101_
05-04-19, 07:23 PM
Are you never ?

Plenty over the years if you’d care to read .

We’ve had our first choice halves back for 50 minutes and we are baying for blood .

Im unsure why you and many others don’t go and support a team that pleases you.

Because those two aren't the only players making schoolboy errors.

lonegull
05-04-19, 07:28 PM
Brimson on and we score points look totally different whe he is chiming into the line

Mr Bods
05-04-19, 07:29 PM
Oh some late points

Brennan can say we never gave up now

The only KPI that matters

DavidBouveng
05-04-19, 07:29 PM
I’ll take Toovey or Walters right now

Remember Bellamy said he would coach us if he had to choose another team?? time to make an irresistable offer to him or Cam Smith.

Toovey as assistant to shoe them how to care.

I have loved James forever, but i cant handle these guys all giving each other cuddles after an error. at some point they need to show the frustration and hold each other accountable. while everyone gives back slaps for errors no one is going to feel the pinch.

Coach thread incoming, irregardless of whether some individual brilliance pulls us out of this dumpster fire tonight

NZFan
05-04-19, 07:30 PM

I'd take any of them right now. At least they aren't scared to make changes and don't do almost anything just keep their favourite players on the field

DavidBouveng
05-04-19, 07:30 PM
I love Mal's perspective in his weekly emails to fans, but this week he needs to breath fire and say that we are reviewing personnel

gotitans101_
05-04-19, 07:33 PM
I'd take any of them right now. At least they aren't scared to make changes and don't do almost anything just keep their favourite players on the field

I personally wouldn't take McGregor after what he's been doing with his side these last few weeks.

I'll take Lomax though!

lonegull
05-04-19, 07:36 PM
So what will Garth say in the press conference “we are improving and the effort was there”

DavidBouveng
05-04-19, 07:36 PM
Coaching thread has been started. maybe a mod could sticky it so it stays near the top

Thanks and good luck to all who have witnessed the tripe we have delivered.

I am seriously considering not renewing my $1000 memberships next year, and will make a judgement call on how many attend this year. the money is gone for 2019, but i don't have to waste my time going to games to sit through this 2011-12 Cartwright era level of ineptitude.

Mr Bods
05-04-19, 07:39 PM
Remember Bellamy said he would coach us if he had to choose another team?? time to make an irresistable offer to him or Cam Smith.

Toovey as assistant to shoe them how to care.

I have loved James forever, but i cant handle these guys all giving each other cuddles after an error. at some point they need to show the frustration and hold each other accountable. while everyone gives back slaps for errors no one is going to feel the pinch.

Coach thread incoming, irregardless of whether some individual brilliance pulls us out of this dumpster fire tonight

Yes Yes Yes Brother DB

Dooldog76
05-04-19, 07:45 PM
That was putrid

TitansState
05-04-19, 07:50 PM
Peachey has given many more reasons to be dropped than King, Lee, Mo. To bad hes part of the Penrith Wonder boys who cant be touched.

NZFan
05-04-19, 07:52 PM
I personally wouldn't take McGregor after what he's been doing with his side these last few weeks.

I'll take Lomax though!

Why would he ever come here? To sit behind the likes of Copley, Don and Peachey and when he does get a game just gets shovelled the ball and expected to perform miracles. I know I wouldn't move to be treated like that.

I want to see mass changes next week or I'm calling quits on this season.

1. Brimson
2. Arthars
3. Spry
4. Kelly
5. Doesnt matter - they are all crap. Lee would probably get the nod.
6. Roberts - but he only has one game to correct his game after that dismal performance, or else invest in Jacks
7. Taylor
8. Stockwell
9. Rein
10. Boyd
11. Arrow (c)
12. Proctor (Switching sides)
13. King

14. Peachey
15. MoFo
16. Hipgrave
17. Cartwright

Forgot about James - he's benched instead of MoFo. Stripped of captaincy though.

Mexican titan
05-04-19, 07:53 PM
Coaching thread has been started. maybe a mod could sticky it so it stays near the top

Thanks and good luck to all who have witnessed the tripe we have delivered.

I am seriously considering not renewing my $1000 memberships next year, and will make a judgement call on how many attend this year. the money is gone for 2019, but i don't have to waste my time going to games to sit through this 2011-12 Cartwright era level of ineptitude.

I've commented in the past DB that i thought you gave them too many undeserved positive comments in past years so for you to post like the above says plenty.
I hate the thought of coach bashing this early in the season but team selections and the complete lack of a basic defensive pattern makes me sick. I think the first essential change is change the captain. James offers no inspiration as a captain at all. Gordon's days are over. That's for starters but I'm so p1ssed off I'll stop for now.

Whats Doing
05-04-19, 07:55 PM
Roberts got schooled in 5/8 play by a 20 year rookie in his first game. Why we resigned him just beggars belief by our inept recruitment

DavidBouveng
05-04-19, 07:59 PM
yeah MT, it is in my nature to find positives and areas to build on, but i'm fresh out of turds to polish.

- - - Updated - - -

Roberts got schooled in 5/8 play by a 20 year rookie in his first game. Why we resigned him just beggars belief by our inept recruitment

His dinky chips into the corner from 40m out and only getting to 20m before being caught on the full were ridiculous. absolutely ridiculous. piss weak, and was Ash injured? is that why Tyrone did all the kicking?

how unfair on the outside back to give them ball all game with defenders all over them who just round them up like lame ducks.

Someone in the media room needs to grill him. - do you train to play so far before the line or are the players not playing to your gameplan?

C-Whiz
05-04-19, 08:01 PM
Does anyone else think that maybe the problem is the Titans (as a franchise) are always trying to be the greatest community minded club?

Honestly, not every player is a JT or a Cam Smith. Some guys just have to be locked away for game day. Let them be beasts and rage filled, and we just accept that they don't play nice with others.

We need some of those guys. I think the club is trying to hard to turn everyone into role models. We lack aggression.

Titanic Believer
05-04-19, 08:07 PM
Turned off after the first try. The writing was on the wall. I am going to have a lot of free time this season.

gotitans101_
05-04-19, 08:10 PM
Why would he ever come here? To sit behind the likes of Copley, Don and Peachey and when he does get a game just gets shovelled the ball and expected to perform miracles. I know I wouldn't move to be treated like that.

I want to see mass changes next week or I'm calling quits on this season.

1. Brimson
2. Arthars
3. Spry
4. Kelly
5. Doesnt matter - they are all crap. Lee would probably get the nod.
6. Roberts - but he only has one game to correct his game after that dismal performance, or else invest in Jacks
7. Taylor
8. Stockwell
9. Rein
10. Boyd
11. Arrow (c)
12. Proctor (Switching sides)
13. King

14. Peachey
15. MoFo
16. Hipgrave
17. Cartwright

Forgot about James - he's benched instead of MoFo. Stripped of captaincy though.

Um...I never said anything about him wanting to come here or not. I was more or less saying that I rate him and think he'd be a great addition to any team.

Whats Doing
05-04-19, 08:10 PM
Roberts has always been the same hack even back in his Knights days where he runs sideways and plays 5 metres before the line. There is no pressure put on the defence. He just does not and never has possess the basic skill levels of a half and we will continue to struggle points with him in the team.

Mexican titan
05-04-19, 08:35 PM
Frankly I don't think we should consider signing any blokes who are not quality forwards. Our backs can't do anything without the forwards making yards and quick play the balls. Our forwards are plodders who i would love to play against to get my tackle count up. Very easy to bring down. Signing Boyd was just more of the same and a repeat of the blunder of signing Shillington.
Just a rabble of a club and I really feel for Darryl and Rebecca at the moment.
Mals Monday bs bulletin will be interesting reading this week.
I just really feel conned that i rejoined this year. The membership guys did their job and hassled me until I stupidly coughed up again. I would rather have given my money to the scam callers from Nigeria.

ozynorts
05-04-19, 08:37 PM
Not to mention Latu who barely gets a game in QCup

lonegull
05-04-19, 08:43 PM
Oh well the press conference was good Brennan is going to get the players to work hard, he mentioned work hard three or four times lol what a joke

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I hope Brennan does show James Wallace and co a replay of a few of bunts afoa charges gee he bent the line

ozynorts
05-04-19, 09:02 PM
He looked gutted, but does he have what it takes to change their attitudes. This is a real litmus test for Brennan. If he can’t get his players up for a game against Penrith.......

lonegull
05-04-19, 09:04 PM
Can’t wait to read MALS email Monday to the members

Mr Bods
05-04-19, 09:05 PM
Oh well the press conference was good Brennan is going to get the players to work hard, he mentioned work hard three or four times lol what a joke

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I hope Brennan does show James Wallace and co a replay of a few of bunts afoa charges gee he bent the line

The Club Off Field has been close to perfect
He has the Board Support, Good management, Great Facilities, his roster and no off field behaviour dramas

And he has not produced an NRL ready team.

He’s totally out of ideas, he’s wasted the off season, ruined everyone’s hard work to get stability and is now a dead duck.

Dooldog76
05-04-19, 09:12 PM
I'm really filthy about that effort. It was embarrassing.

JunctionBlock
05-04-19, 09:37 PM
Was at my parents house for family dinner. I'm 43, I've never sworn in front of my mother until today.

Got the email today regarding cheaper tix for Penrith and Knights games to get bums on seats. What is their plan to get the paid members to turn up because I'm not going next week and probably not the week after that either. I've written off this years membership money as a mistake. Once bitten twice shy. This club won't survive with 6000 members and they'll die next year with 2000.

I personally wouldn't give a **** if the team turned up to my door step during the week and apologised in person. At this stage I would doubt the players families would even turn out to watch them play.

I've got no answers or unsolicited advice to give as we don't have the right people in the right jobs in this club for us to move forward.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all at least we have our health.

DavidBouveng
05-04-19, 10:08 PM
Was at my parents house for family dinner. I'm 43, I've never sworn in front of my mother until today.

Got the email today regarding cheaper tix for Penrith and Knights games to get bums on seats. What is their plan to get the paid members to turn up because I'm not going next week and probably not the week after that either. I've written off this years membership money as a mistake. Once bitten twice shy. This club won't survive with 6000 members and they'll die next year with 2000.

I personally wouldn't give a **** if the team turned up to my door step during the week and apologised in person. At this stage I would doubt the players families would even turn out to watch them play.

I've got no answers or unsolicited advice to give as we don't have the right people in the right jobs in this club for us to move forward.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all at least we have our health.

I agree with everything you've said JB.

the ironic part is you mention the club trying to get people to next week, reducing price etc - i bet the marketing / sales / membership team are watching the games thinking ' YOU F%^&in C*(&tS' as the on field team and coach is making their job so much harder.

My mother in law was a big league fan for many years and hit me with the 'I've decided to watch the AFL this year' - i swear the first of these two dysfunctional GC sporting teams to actually do something worthy of a national sporting team will get all the biscuits

Titanic
05-04-19, 10:49 PM
JB and DB, I couldn’t agree more ... my son sat in the next room reading rather than watch ... my wife walked in at 0-8, shook her head in pity and walked out. I don’t know how I’m going to face the people in China who believe we are a “professional” team. I’m here for the next two games but I just hate the thought of dragging the family all the way down to CBus to watch crap like that served up. Passing to nobody, dropping bombs, structure! what structure? The list is endless like my depression. I know administrators read this and I feel their pain. At least they get paid to take it, we pay for the privilege ... what a joke.

Mr Bods
05-04-19, 11:45 PM
We’ve never started a season with 4 Losses

Club owners/Board-Please Sack Brennan!!!

Canberra-embarrassing loss at home against a team that won’t make the 8
Cronulla-wiped off the park early against a 5-8 team
Souths-dominated by a solid team without its star back
NZ-humiliation by a wooden spoon contender with some late points

Brennan..GO!

ozynorts
06-04-19, 07:39 AM
I don’t see the club sacking him yet but I think the players need a reality check. As a club we have sacked 2 of our 3 coaches so far and the fans are calling for that 3rd one to go as well.
We can’t keep sacking coaches and letting the players off the hook. They need to know how much their pathetic efforts are hurting their supporters. I think that if we start directing more of our frustrations at them either directly or via the club then perhaps they may start caring about their performance.

Dooldog76
06-04-19, 07:52 AM
Jarrod Wallace needs to be in qcup if Brennan is serious about not rewarding complacency. I also think Brennan's interchange use is crap. Wallace was gassed, he left him on and then the errors came. AJ was brought on way too late and we immediately looked better with him on the field. So disappointed, like many of us I'm a full member with four seats a year. I really feel like turning up next week will be like getting on a train to auswitsch.

Titanic Believer
06-04-19, 08:17 AM
Does anyone else think that maybe the problem is the Titans (as a franchise) are always trying to be the greatest community minded club?

Honestly, not every player is a JT or a Cam Smith. Some guys just have to be locked away for game day. Let them be beasts and rage filled, and we just accept that they don't play nice with others.

We need some of those guys. I think the club is trying to hard to turn everyone into role models. We lack aggression.

I am not sure about the cause but I agree about lack of aggression. I am not an expert but when I look at other teams playing there just seems to be that extra urgency taking it up more direct etc. Perhaps it is true of all under performing teams but the Titans seem to have ongoing issues, left edge defence for example or ill discipline. That never gets resolved despite changes.in personnel. Perhaps it is the sign of any medioche playing list or it may be a sign of ineffective coaching.

BundyTitan
06-04-19, 09:06 AM
After receiving the email yesterday about the joint package tickets for the next 2 games I was seriously considering booking the tickets and accommodation but after that performance yesterday, it has made my mind up for me. Why should I spend my hard earned cash to waste it on a club that shows nothing to me in return? I know a lot of people are asking the same question (above comments from DB and JB etc). I don't know how we get out of this hole.

We've been in a lot of deep and dark times before but I can't remember morale in the fanbase being this low. All pre-season we were promised "a new era" (we even changed our colours lol) with the appointments of Mal and a professional administration team and even a solid roster. Yet somehow we have gone backwards on the field and it looks like the same old rubbish over and over. We can't keep sacking coaches and blaming them, and we've gone through different rosters but still we are terrible.

I might be being a little dramatic but I feel like this particular loss is the turning point for the club for all the wrong reasons. We have hung on year after year but this year was different and we were all hopeful of change. The first 3 weeks we were happy to blame it on missing the halves but now we can't even do that. With barely 6000 members and 2 home games coming up with likely under 10000 there, how does the club turn this around?

Mr Bods
06-04-19, 09:53 AM
^^^^ By Sacking Brennan

BundyTitan
06-04-19, 10:00 AM
^^^^ By Sacking Brennan

Yeah but mate we've gone through 3 coaches and haven't seen any difference whatsoever, yes we were better under Henry in 2016 but the other years around that we were bottom 4 and even in 2016 we probably were lucky to make finals. Sacking Brennan is a great start but who do we bring in? Toovey would be a good option but that's if he's even keen and if we can even afford to get him. Also can we even afford to pay out Brennan considering some smart man behind the scenes extended his contract?

I feel like part of it is the players too. Most players that come here seem to come here to either retire on a decent pay packet, or players come here and get worse. To me, there is no pride in those players wearing the jersey, the players don't care. Even though Parramatta and the Knights have been terrible, when their players pull on their jerseys I'm sure it is with pride. For us it looks like the players don't really care and aren't giving an ounce of effort. Even Big Mal's aura can't pump them up and get them going it seems.

JunctionBlock
06-04-19, 10:49 AM
Stop long term contracts for starters. It's just a lazy accounting and salary cap officers that offers 5 year contracts. Never have and never will be good for the club. If you don't want to come here and play for your money every 2-3 years then we don't want you no matter what your name is.

Look at what's happened with Wallace when we offered him 5 years, dare I mention the horse whisperer. B Cartwright, Taylor the list goes on and on. These guys get their pay day through to their retirement and then go into cruise mode.

Titanic
06-04-19, 11:04 AM
I’ve slept on it, got up early and driven to Eumundi heading for Fraser. I’ll be at CBus next week and the week after because I’m a Titans supporter and not some blow-in like Peachey, Boyd or Cartwright. I’ll think about selections once I get the missus back on board (it’s her birthday).

Mr Bods
06-04-19, 11:14 AM
Toovey said on NRL 360 he’s prepared to speak to any club