PDA

View Full Version : Mat Petersen

Pages : [1] 2

shavenjas
15-03-06, 01:48 PM
Well if this is not already the worst signing for 2007 there could only be one worse and that is if you brought back Adrian Brunker, what has this guy done for parramatta (NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!) what do you all think? im sure he will be a well known player in reserve grade. :hi:

Eel 33
15-03-06, 01:58 PM
Peterson is not a bad player, he's got Luke Burt and Eric Grothe jnr in front of him at Parra. These 2 don't get injured a lot, that's why he's in premier league. He's had his ups and downs like any other player. Give the guy a go, he may not be the best player but he may surprise you.

Dakink
15-03-06, 02:09 PM
I dont mind Peterson - he showed when he played against Aus for the USA that he has the potential to play well.

Will make a solid player who has two very good wingers in front of him at Parra.

Not the best winger, but definately not the worst. I think he is someone that can be relied on week in week out to get the job done - and that is what the Titans need in the inaugural season. The salary cap will only stretch so far.

Titanium_BD1103
15-03-06, 02:17 PM
That is true Dakink.. :)

Matt Petersen (Spelling peoples :laugh:)... will prove to be a very useful player and from what I have seen from him in the games I saw him play last season.. he looks like he could do well.. :D

I reckon a new club, a starting role and some good fitness training by Johnstone will ensure that Petersen is raring and ready to go come 2007, could be a surprise packet of good form that could help us do well.. :)

shavenjas
15-03-06, 02:24 PM
The titans should not be looking for just a solid winger what do you think matt king will do to just a solid winger? we need to be getting the best wingers we can find and if Matt Peterson is the best they can find they need to look harder!!!!

Eel 33
15-03-06, 02:29 PM
I don't think the Titans have said he's the best they can find. Peterson was signed because he is a reliable winger looking for a permanent 1st grade spot. Who he has inside him at centre will probably make him look good.

Super Cronk
15-03-06, 02:31 PM
The titans should not be looking for just a solid winger what do you think matt king will do to just a solid winger? we need to be getting the best wingers we can find and if Matt Peterson is the best they can find they need to look harder!!!!

Well king plays in the centres....so king wouldnt do to much.

I dont think Petersen is too bad, not as bad as you make him out to be in your post shavenjas. He will do the job and im sure a change of club might work for him...

Dakink
15-03-06, 02:31 PM
Carney on one Wing, Peterson on the other. Im comfortable with their ability against any other wing pairing in the NRL. The centres are a bigger concern looking at some of the pairings running around. Cooper & Gasnier, Berrigan & Hodges, just to name a few. Most of the centre pairings from the top teams are lethal.

lonegull
15-03-06, 02:39 PM
Peterson is a good player he has a lot of competition ahead of him at parra and i think john cartwright coached him in the usa and he seen hidden talent there. I agree with you Dakink centres have got to be a next priority

shavenjas
15-03-06, 02:47 PM
my point is we can't afford to have a team full of petersons we need more prince signings and also no more old blokes i think we need some tall fast wingers and centres. Peterson is small and not very fast and also soft in defence.

Titanium_BD1103
15-03-06, 02:53 PM
I have to ask you then shavenjas.. how on earth are we MEANT TO AFFORD these players?

You are saying Tall fast wingers and centres.. but I am sure judging by what you are saying you want quality.. and SALARY CAP will not allow that.. it is either tall fast youngsters with no experience and we hope they go ok in first season or above average seasoned players like Petersen.

Look at the list of signings that the Titans has already...

-Luke Bailey
-Preston Campbell
-Scott Prince
-Brian Carney

Add to that the chasing of Robbie Mathers... and you have used up over half the salary cap... you can't expect the whole team of superstars.. that is WHY WE HAVE THE SALARY CAP... I am happy with what has been chosen.. and know this team will give it their all.. :)

shavenjas
15-03-06, 03:00 PM
Im just saying that i dont think peterson should have been signed maybe a good fast young local winger would have been better, i dont think peterson will last the hole 2007 season in first grade and he has wasted some of our salary cap. As for a centre a guy like Paul whattatira (if thats how it is spelt)
he is my kind of player all heart.

Titanium_BD1103
15-03-06, 03:04 PM
Fair enough on that note... however Whatiara and Lolesi are at the Tigers long term I think along with Marshall and NZ would love to hear that.. :)

I think there will be some young wingers coming through.. but you don't want to throw them to the lions... you want them to develop and be good players... therefore I reckon a season in the lower grades will do them good... but therefore having a player like Petersen there is a plus... also I don't think Petersen would have been that much compared to others in the Salary cap.

I don't know Matt Petersen but I do know he is one of the hardest trainers at the Eels.. I have a friend who works where they do their fitness drills, and he is one of a few who works till the end... and he showed his usefulness at centre during some American games... so I will take him for now... lets see what comes up in the future and then we can decide... ;)

Hindyscrack
15-03-06, 03:32 PM
How many games have you watched Peterson play? I would have him playing in the Eels first grade side any week over Burt. If Peto was to stay at the Eels next year with Smith gone he would get a run everyweek over Brians boy Burt.

I think he is a extremely handy signing for the money he is probably taking up under the cap. You claim you want a player with heart, well you have it in Peto! Always gives his all.

shavenjas
15-03-06, 03:36 PM
Mate i don't think he has done enough to be talked up like that, thats a pretty good rap for a reserve grader!!!!!

Hindyscrack
15-03-06, 03:42 PM
Mate i don't think he has done enough to be talked up like that, thats a pretty good rap for a reserve grader!!!!!

Being talked up like what? I simply put the facts there, there is nothing over the top about my statement all. I beleive you're the one going over the top about how much of a poor signing he is.

Dakink
15-03-06, 03:44 PM

Hehe I sense some serious fishing going on here.....

Anti-Peterson posts poppong up all over the place.... :hmm:

Gee
15-03-06, 04:00 PM
Im just saying that i dont think peterson should have been signed maybe a good fast young local winger would have been better, i dont think peterson will last the hole 2007 season in first grade and he has wasted some of our salary cap. As for a centre a guy like Paul whattatira (if thats how it is spelt)
he is my kind of player all heart.
I also think we should go for young local talent. My dream for the titans is to have centers and wings that can run under or around the 10 sec mark for the 100 . All running off prince and we go home from each game 40 to 50 nill up :michaelan

shavenjas
15-03-06, 04:29 PM
Well Gee, who ever you are that is a pretty soft statment i think what you are tring to say is that you don't want peterson is this true?

shavenjas
15-03-06, 04:41 PM
To answer your question if i have seen many peterson games i afraid fox sports does not show reserve grade on tele!!!!!!

Gee
15-03-06, 04:48 PM
Well Gee, who ever you are that is a pretty soft statment i think what you are tring to say is that you don't want peterson is this true?
well it looks like he will be playing for the titans so hope he go's well. but i would like to see more yonger player's in the titans

shavenjas
15-03-06, 04:51 PM
well it looks like he will be playing for the titans so hope he go's well. but i would like to see more yonger player's in the titans
peterson is useless

DeeGan
15-03-06, 06:21 PM
Matthew Petersen is a solid NRL winger capable of getting more playing time in the NRL if he was not playing in a team that boasts Eric Grothe Jnr. and Luke Burt. I could make a case to say Petersen is perhaps the better all-round player when comparing to Burt though with Burt's goal kicking, he is not going to get a start unless there is an injury any one of the back three.

Time to dispell the "myth" that he is old...

For crying out loud, the guy is all of 26 years of age with plenty of rugby league left in him. 26 years of age is not old.

Matthew Petersen has always made the most of his limited opportunities with the Parramatta Eels since making his club debut in 2002. In 57 club appearances he has scored 36 times - that is comparable to a Matt King (47 appearances 30 tries) for example. That is a very good s/rate in what has been a finals bound team in each but one season he has been at the club.

I have the upmost faith in the recruiting skills of the coaching staff and Carty was most impressed when coaching this guy in late 2004 for the USA. I think Petersen can become a solid journeyman in the NRL when with the Titans and be our version of a Matt Geyer who has been improving with age.

Shanvenjas, we will need more than "Petersen is useless" and the other ramblings in this thread that serve no other purpose but to "bait" Titans fans.

shavenjas
15-03-06, 07:42 PM
Matthew Petersen is a solid NRL winger capable of getting more playing time in the NRL if he was not playing in a team that boasts Eric Grothe Jnr. and Luke Burt. I could make a case to say Petersen is perhaps the better all-round player when comparing to Burt though with Burt's goal kicking, he is not going to get a start unless there is an injury any one of the back three.

Time to dispell the "myth" that he is old...

For crying out loud, the guy is all of 26 years of age with plenty of rugby league left in him. 26 years of age is not old.

Matthew Petersen has always made the most of his limited opportunities with the Parramatta Eels since making his club debut in 2002. In 57 club appearances he has scored 36 times - that is comparable to a Matt King (47 appearances 30 tries) for example. That is a very good s/rate in what has been a finals bound team in each but one season he has been at the club.

I have the upmost faith in the recruiting skills of the coaching staff and Carty was most impressed when coaching this guy in late 2004 for the USA. I think Petersen can become a solid journeyman in the NRL when with the Titans and be our version of a Matt Geyer who has been improving with age.

Shanvenjas, we will need more than "Petersen is useless" and the other ramblings in this thread that serve no other purpose but to "bait" Titans fans.
Hey i never said Peterson was old and i am a titans fan but i have been reading these forums and everyone seems to be thinking no mater who we sign they are the best players in the world, i am just keeping it real, we have signed some great players (Scott Prince & Preston) but when i read about dream teams and having peterson as my dream winger cmon! there is still alot more players needed we have no centres a fullback, i hope peterson proves me wrong.

J-Storm
15-03-06, 08:04 PM
Well Shavenjas, when you become the man in charge of accounts and playing rosters and you decide that Peto is no good, I'll make sure I'm in charge of the same parts of the machine at the Storm and I'll gladly take the guy off of your hands...

Some people really need to base their arguments on better than "we need this..." or "we need that..." because they only hold up for so long. Put him at a lot of other clubs and not at Parra atm as mentioned and again you'd see the guy in 1st grade week after week...

shavenjas
15-03-06, 08:08 PM
Well Shavenjas, when you become the man in charge of accounts and playing rosters and you decide that Peto is no good, I'll make sure I'm in charge of the same parts of the machine at the Storm and I'll gladly take the guy off of your hands...

Some people really need to base their arguments on better than "we need this..." or "we need that..." because they only hold up for so long. Put him at a lot of other clubs and not at Parra atm as mentioned and again you'd see the guy in 1st grade week after week...
I would love to know how many other clubs have been chasing him sounds like the hottest winger that was on the market

DeeGan
15-03-06, 09:34 PM
and everyone seems to be thinking no mater who we sign they are the best players in the world

Do not blanket all as one - it would be rather foolish to think as above. If we were after only the best in the world we would be over the cap and up the creek with out a paddle in our first season after Ian Schubert got hold of us.

Most Titans fans keep it "real" though recognise the signings made are either the "cream of the crop" or solid signings that will contribute to the team from the start.

The depth of the NRL competition does see alot of good capable first grade players running around in the lower grades giving established clubs depth - Petersen, Friend & O'Dwyer fit in to that catergory.

Prince, Bailey, Carney, Campbell & Laffranchi are established first grade players with at least three players (Prince, Bailey and Carney) labelled world class with Campbell (former Dally M Medal winner) and Laffranchi (premiership winning forward) amongst the best in their positions in the NRL competition.

Billy Johnstone is the best at what he does - end of story.

TITANS007
16-03-06, 09:33 AM
I'm not a big fan of "Side show Bob", but if he's been stuck playing premier league due to more talented players in front of him, it might give him the hunger he needs to work harder and prove himself as a regular first grader. We can hope at least. Lets hope he can stand up and play well for the Titans. I'm willing to give him a go, the same as any signing we have (First grader or not).

shavenjas
16-03-06, 10:57 AM
I'm not a big fan of "Side show Bob", but if he's been stuck playing premier league due to more talented players in front of him, it might give him the hunger he needs to work harder and prove himself as a regular first grader. We can hope at least. Lets hope he can stand up and play well for the Titans. I'm willing to give him a go, the same as any signing we have (First grader or not).
My reason for giving Peterson a hard time is because i think alot of titans fans are making him out to be some kind of fantastic winger when so far he has spent most of his time in reserve grade, maybe he will be a good first grader but my thoughts from what i hve seen of him is that we could have got a better winger, this also goes for the hooker we got Nathan friend.

Dakink
16-03-06, 11:35 AM
Source me one thread where Titans fans have made Peterson out to be
some kind of fantastic winger.

A solid grade winger yep - world class, nope - but then we cant afford to sign world class in every position and out of all of them winger is one where you can sign a good solid grade player.

Hindyscrack
16-03-06, 01:12 PM
Source me one thread where Titans fans have made Peterson out to be .

A solid grade winger yep - world class, nope - but then we cant afford to sign world class in every position and out of all of them winger is one where you can sign a good solid grade player.

Exactly Dakink, we cant buy Rep players 1-17, no team can... For the money Peto is probably earning I beleive he is a value buy... I think shaven is the one that needs to keep it real here!

As for the fact Fox not showing reggies, Peto has played a lot of first grade footy in his time! For some one who has watched him play a lot of football, I can say I am glad he is coming to the Titans. As an Eels fan, I wish he was in my squad every week over Luke Burt! He will never be a rep player, but he is a player I have confidence in.

Same goes for Chalky, he may be playing a lot of reggies at the Eels, but he deserves his spot in their FG team over Daniel Wagon right now. He's bulked up and is playing some quality footy. Lets hope he gets a chance!

If you sprinkle quality and capable First Graders around your stars you are going to have a pretty good team IMO.

shavenjas
16-03-06, 05:29 PM
I am also willing to give any young player a go to make a name for them self, but this guy has been given a chance in first grade for parramatta and could not cut it!!!!! so why buy a player who can't hold his first grade spot at another club.

DeeGan
16-03-06, 05:37 PM
I am also willing to give any young player a go to make a name for them self, but this guy has been given a chance in first grade for parramatta and could not cut it!!!!! so why buy a player who can't hold his first grade spot at another club.

You are quite content to quote TITANS007 but are steering clear from Dakink's post? Why?

Are you prepared to post that Cartwright, Sattler and co. got it wrong?

shavenjas
16-03-06, 05:47 PM
Source me one thread where Titans fans have made Peterson out to be .

Ok my response i hope the staff are not just looking for solid players that is just crazy they should be looking at players and saying this guy is going to be a great winger or player not (or he is solid) a team wih great players will win more games than a team wih (SOLID PLAYERS)

Super Cronk
16-03-06, 05:55 PM
A team that works together as a team will win games.

A team of guys who all think they are the best in the world will not win games.

Whats wrong with a solid player? "solid" or average players can turn into great players....they can also fall by the way side. Give him a go...hope that he does a good job for titans and that he improves.

What better motivation is there to play your ass off so you dont have to go back down to lower grades.

DeeGan
16-03-06, 05:56 PM
Ok my response i hope the staff are not just looking for solid players that is just crazy they should be looking at players and saying this guy is going to be a great winger or player not (or he is solid) a team wih great players will win more games than a team wih (SOLID PLAYERS)

Your missing the point as some have pointed out - we as a new franchise are not in the position to go out and put together a 17 man squad (or 13 for that matter) loaded with "great" players like a Brisbane or St George-Illwarra. The salary cap does not allow for that and Michael himself has declared we are looking more at depth and will not be throwing "overs" to players to get them to sign on the dotted line. Scott Prince is a great example. He could of got some $100K more with the Tigers though we were not going to exceed $350K per year and become involved in an all-out bidding war. If we did this, as Michael again has said, it would be franchise suicide for a new club with 8 players on the roster.

With the three world class players on the roster (four if you include Preston Campbell), we will be filling positions with "solid" first grade players as well as with players with potential to be better players with the right coaching. This is the correct way to backfill for a new club.

I see some more "name" players putting pen to paper in the not too distant future but after that we will be looking at those Matt Petersen type players who have the ability to be regular first graders in the NRL. We will also be looking to our feeder clubs as well.

Unfortunately we are not going to fulfill your wish of looking soley at "great" players - sure we have some on the books thus far, though again, cap wise we are not able to look at the the elite players only. This is not all too hard to comprehend when looking at the today's climate in the NRL.

shavenjas
16-03-06, 06:05 PM
I am not talking about current great players that cost a fortune i am talking about young players that have great potential that wont cost much at all.
so my hole point is peterson is mid 20's has done nothing so why not give a young guy a go, who could become a champion.

DeeGan
16-03-06, 06:06 PM
I am not talking about current great players that cost a fortune i am talking about young players that have great potential that wont cost much at all.
so my hole point is peterson is mid 20's has done nothing so why not give a young guy a go, who could become a champion.

We are and will be - look no further than the Elite Academy squad e.g. Chris Sandow, Shannon Walker etc. They will get opportunities with the club in 2007.

shavenjas
16-03-06, 06:14 PM
I think Peterson is wasting our salary cap we could buy 4 young players out of high school for the price of one Peterson and we could see a champion player come from that.

shavenjas
16-03-06, 06:18 PM
You are quite content to quote TITANS007 but are steering clear from Dakink's post? Why?

Are you prepared to post that Cartwright, Sattler and co. got it wrong?
As a Gold Coaster i would be prepared, as we all remember how well the Charges went. mistakes have been made before and i don't want to see it happen again.

The Original Idiot
16-03-06, 06:23 PM
Will you shut up about reserve grade shavenjas? You make the Queensland cup sound like a juniors comp. There are plenty of fantastic players in reserve grade. Brisbane signed Shane Perry- a 30yr old who played Queensland cup all his career.

I've seen Peterson play and he is fairly good, he is not massively hyped like you say. I've probably heard him being talked about the least of all our signings at this forum. He has a good scoring rate as previously mentioned. And he came from WA. Lay off the guy, OK?

Oh, and you take a stab at people who agree with you.

DeeGan
16-03-06, 06:25 PM
I think Peterson is wasting our salary cap we could buy 4 young players out of high school for the price of one Peterson and we could see a champion player come from that.

You logic makes no sense at all.

You would prefer a newly established club take the punt on 4 unproven commodities instead of signing a player more than capable of playing at NRL level? Thankfully, your not running our club.

The grass roots are important though so are the NRL veterans we are signing for the Titans. A player like Petersen is not taking up that much cap room at all it must be said and he is a player that could blossom in this time much the same as Matt Geyer did when joining the Storm.

We will agree to disagree - I am confident you are one of a minority thankfully. Your also telling us in another thread Lance Thompson has never really looked like a first grade footballer... :chef: ...

Enjoy the forums!

shavenjas
16-03-06, 06:47 PM
Bengi Marshall came straight out of highschool and is one of the best players in the game i would love to have 4 of him.
cartwright has got this one wrong, as he also has never coached first grade either. so the club has realy taken a punt on him.

DeeGan
16-03-06, 06:55 PM
Bengi Marshall came straight out of highschool and is one of the best players in the game i would love to have 4 of him.
cartwright has got this one wrong, as he also has never coached first grade either. so the club has realy taken a punt on him.

Of course, forgive me, there are sooooo many Benji Marshalls coming out of High School for us to look at - give me a break. Poor post and poor example used. Marshall is one of those rare talents we are blessed to have the opportunity to watch at such a young age. Hell, Brad Fittler came out of High School and I am sure we would love four of him too - chuck in Tim Brasher as well. These rare talents AGAIN are not that easily found unfortunately.

A decision to make here...

Go with John Cartwright, Sattler and co. on this one or the guy who thinks Lance Thompson has never looked like much of a first grader? Hmmm..

Titanium_BD1103
16-03-06, 07:00 PM
I will state what I said before but with one added thing... I said before that the salary cap is going to stop the Titans from getting lots and lots of good players... but I will also say this...

You say there is so much young talent around Shavenjas... but what happens when this young talent gets into the game... it gets in early and has a great first season.. and then goes off the second and the player either struggles to return to that sparkling form or disappears into the netherworld of RL... and that is not good.

I reckon instead give them time to develop and then bring them in.. you bring young players in before they are ready and you will have issues later on... and that has been confirmed way too many times for you to argue against it...;)

I would know... My Club.. The Bulldogs have had many great talents.. some who have made names for themselves like SBW and others like Marty Mitchell who was a talent, got an early start, played well then got injured and has struggled to return since.

I will leave it there.. but I would agree with Cartwright and the Titans crew anyday, they haven't done too much wrong so far... so they have my vote.

shavenjas
16-03-06, 07:20 PM
Sounds like you guys think the titans are doing everything 100% well the fact is there is alot of inexperiance in the club. I think we need to have a look at Melbourne when they came into the comp.

Coaster
16-03-06, 07:22 PM
Sounds like you guys think the titans are doing everything 100% well the fact is there is alot of inexperiance in the club. I think we need to have a look at Melbourne when they came into the comp.

LOL

Super Cronk
16-03-06, 07:23 PM
*awaits deegans reply*

DeeGan
16-03-06, 07:23 PM

As of the minute we have pretty much nailed everything when it comes to the running of the club and recruitment - this will not always be the case, though all is good so far.

Melbourne only came third in their debut season and won the comp in their second attempt...I think we can learn alot from them early on.

Coaster
16-03-06, 07:36 PM
Dont argue with an idiot Deegan, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience

lonegull
16-03-06, 07:57 PM
shavenjas what a whinger you are,mate have a look at what the titans have done so far and get your head out of the clouds I will make this statement Micheal Searle would get a start at any Nrl club as there CEO he is that good,dont worry the path has been drawn and its been a uphill battle so far but the titans have won every battle so bring it on

shavenjas
16-03-06, 07:58 PM
Dont argue with an idiot Deegan, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience
Well there is no need for name calling, I want nothing more than to see the titans do well but you have to hear negative thoughts as well or else you will think everything is ok, as far as (nailing) everything so far it all means nothing if you don't get the results on the field come 2007

Gee
16-03-06, 08:10 PM
Well I think if we are all yes men to the titan management we will go down hill fast. We should be asking questions about all singings good and bad

shavenjas
16-03-06, 08:19 PM
Well I think if we are all yes men to the titan management we will go down hill fast. We should be asking questions about all singings good and bad
I agree with Gee, I am a Titans supporter but i am not going to sit here and think every little thing they do or person they sign is the right thing for the club they need to listen to all input (good and bad)

DeeGan
16-03-06, 08:37 PM

And this is why debate does happen on this forum as it is here ;)

There is a yes, no and undecided in most topics - it is welcomed, encouraged and needed for the success of a new NRL club on and off the field.

shavenjas
16-03-06, 10:58 PM
Well it is great to see Peterson has the support of all you guys i hope he proves me wrong for the good of the titans.

MOPL
16-03-06, 11:02 PM
Could have been worse could have signed Paul Mellor

shavenjas
17-03-06, 02:26 PM
Could have been worse could have signed Paul Mellor
Well Paul Mellor has been able to hold down his first grade spot, Peterson has struggeld.

Sharks
17-03-06, 05:06 PM
Peterson is one of the best wingers in the NRL,and thats a big deal for someone that is still relatively new to first grade.He will improve.

Eel 33
19-03-06, 09:52 AM
I think he had an OK game last night. Don't ask about that brain explosion trying to get out of the in-goal area though. He dropped a bit of ball, but made his share of meters when required. He was blowing the cobwebs out last night, hopefully a better effort from him next time.

DeeGan
19-03-06, 10:44 AM
I think he had an OK game last night. Don't ask about that brain explosion trying to get out of the in-goal area though. He dropped a bit of ball, but made his share of meters when required. He was blowing the cobwebs out last night, hopefully a better effort from him next time.

Matt Petersen was 6 out of 10 last night - an average performance it has to be said. One game does not change my opinion on Petersen being a solid footballer. I think last night he was guilty of trying a little too hard which at times got him in to a spot of bother,

Hopefully we will see more of him in action for the Eels.

MOPL
19-03-06, 08:30 PM
Well Paul Mellor has been able to hold down his first grade spot, Peterson has struggeld.
Mellor currently holds down a spot with Souths for the next 2 years He is pathetic so I wouldn't be whinging too much about Peterson

shavenjas
19-03-06, 08:48 PM
Hey guys shaven here i saw Peterson play last night, now do you no why i have CONCERNS!!!! im sure he will fit right back in to reserve grade next week.

DeeGan
19-03-06, 10:05 PM
Hey guys shaven here i saw Peterson play last night, now do you no why i have CONCERNS!!!! im sure he will fit right back in to reserve grade next week.

No, one game does not impact on one's judgement here.

Welcome back.

shavenjas
19-03-06, 10:10 PM
No, one game does not impact on one's judgement here.

Welcome back.
Yeah that was a bit hard, hope he improves maybe you should ring him and get him to read my thread it might fire him and he will play well to prove me wrong!!! (lol)

DeeGan
19-03-06, 10:14 PM
Yeah that was a bit hard, hope he improves maybe you should ring him and get him to read my thread it might fire him and he will play well to prove me wrong!!! (lol)

Won't have that access to the end of the year though I again think he will be fine. I am sure he is not the only one to be guilty of trying a little too hard in attempting to make an impression on the coach in one of his few opportunities at Parramatta. Although you having a laugh here (well I assume you are), I don't think any professional rugby league player is going to be all too bothered by what a member of a forum has to see nor use it as a form of motivation.

We' see how the season continues for Matty Petersen.

I will get an opinion from Carty on how he sees the signing of Matt Petersen in the next edition of 'DeeGan's Hot Seat' ;)

lonegull
20-03-06, 08:25 AM
Yeah peterson done a few things wrong but what i like about the bloke is hes attitude he just keeps trying never gives up i still think hes a good player and johny cartwright will get the best out of him

shavenjas
20-03-06, 08:19 PM
Well ther was nothing solid about Peterson's game on the weekend i think in the modern game you need tall stong wingers that can also help the forwards out, i just don't no about these small wingers, what do you all think?

Titanium_BD1103
20-03-06, 08:46 PM
Shavenjas.. you might think this but I have 3 words for you

HAZEM EL MASRI... END OF STORY... :D :D

That will debunk your arguement anyday... might I mention Matt Sing as well just for good measure... sorry but I have to disagree with you on that one... :)

shavenjas
20-03-06, 09:00 PM
Shavenjas.. you might think this but I have 3 words for you

HAZEM EL MASRI... END OF STORY... :D :D

That will debunk your arguement anyday... might I mention Matt Sing as well just for good measure... sorry but I have to disagree with you on that one... :)
When i wrote my last post belive or not i new some one would say Hazem and yes he is a great player and also sing but i guess what i mean is i would still rather have a Matt king or a Patt Richards in my side, and Hazem is very good for a small bloke at getting high off the ground.

Titanium_BD1103
20-03-06, 09:01 PM
Fair enough... I would prefer to have a Matt King at Centre, a Pat Richards on the Wing, a Brett Hodgson at Fullback and Hazem on the other Wing with Willie as the other centre.. but LOL... I would not have any money for forwards then.. but you got to love that Backline... :)

shavenjas
22-03-06, 04:38 PM
Peterson will start on the wing this weekend for Parramatta, on last weekends effort i am suprised he is getting a start.
(PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG MATT) :yell:

The Original Idiot
22-03-06, 05:21 PM
I have a feeling he will do better this week. I feel Petersen is worth signing, no matter what shaven says.

lonegull
24-03-06, 08:21 AM
john cartwright seen enough of him when he coached the usa i think john will turn him into a better player

shavenjas
26-03-06, 08:31 PM
Did Matt Peterson play today :lol!:

Steelers
26-03-06, 08:33 PM
Did Matt Peterson play today :lol!:

I have been waiting for you to come in here bagging Matt Petersen. You can critisize him all you want because of the bad game he played today... but the truth is everybody on the Parramatta side played terribly.

shavenjas
26-03-06, 08:39 PM
I have been waiting for you to come in here bagging Matt Petersen. You can critisize him all you want because of the bad game he played today... but the truth is everybody on the Parramatta side played terribly.
Are you sure you watched the game :clap:

Steelers
26-03-06, 08:45 PM
Are you sure you watched the game :clap:

I watched the game

shavenjas
26-03-06, 08:50 PM
I watched the game
I think i saw Matt Peterson run out of the tunnel at the start of the game and that was it, not everyone for parra played bad it was a good game the score line did not reflect.

Steelers
26-03-06, 08:59 PM
I think i saw Matt Peterson run out of the tunnel at the start of the game and that was it, not everyone for parra played bad it was a good game the score line did not reflect.

The score line was only 30 - 10 because the Broncos made a few mistakes themselves! I have a soft spot for Parramatta but they played really badly today. And that try that they bombed... WHY DID HE KICK IT!!!! Parra are still a quality side, they just had a bad game. Matt Petersen is a quality player... just had a bad game (or two)

shavenjas
26-03-06, 09:10 PM
The score line was only 30 - 10 because the Broncos made a few mistakes themselves! I have a soft spot for Parramatta but they played really badly today. And that try that they bombed... WHY DID HE KICK IT!!!! Parra are still a quality side, they just had a bad game. Matt Petersen is a quality player... just had a bad game (or two)
A bad game or 2 or 3,4,5,6,,7,8,9,10!!!!!!!!! :hi:

Steelers
26-03-06, 09:24 PM
Wow 2 bad games! Oh wait... Lockyer has had a few bad games lately... Maybe we should forget about him playing first grade! Petersen is haveing bad games because he has been out of first grade for a year... because he has had SOO quality players in fromt of him... now that he has his chance... nerves are getting to him IMO.

shavenjas
26-03-06, 09:30 PM
Wow 2 bad games! Oh wait... Lockyer has had a few bad games lately... Maybe we should forget about him playing first grade! Petersen is haveing bad games because he has been out of first grade for a year... because he has had SOO quality players in fromt of him... now that he has his chance... nerves are getting to him IMO.
Lockyer, Peterson in the same sentance :clap: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DeeGan
26-03-06, 09:36 PM

Take the tip as most are now doing, ignore Shav. Remember, this is the same guy never thought Lance Thompson was much of a first grade footballer :laugh: Shav apparently has a better idea on the game than the recruiting team we have put together as well :laugh:

Matt Petersen was average today, he was not the only one in a beaten Eels side. End of story. He will improve as will the Eels side.

Luke O'Dwyer played well for the Eels when on the field.

DeeGan
26-03-06, 10:09 PM
Take the tip as most are now doing, ignore Shav

Perhaps being a little too harsh on our mate shavenjas.

We all need to keep in mind that each member here has an opinion and they are allowed to post what they think or feel on any particular subject as long as it stays within the forum guidelines.

If you are not accepting of that opinion you have two options;

1) Argue your point or

2) Ignore the post

Enjoy the forums!

shavenjas
26-03-06, 10:16 PM
Take the tip as most are now doing, ignore Shav. Remember, this is the same guy never thought Lance Thompson was much of a first grade footballer :laugh: Shav apparently has a better idea on the game than the recruiting team we have put together as well :laugh:

Matt Petersen was average today, he was not the only one in a beaten Eels side. End of story. He will improve as will the Eels side.

Luke O'Dwyer played well for the Eels when on the field.
I would like to say sorry to the forum for having my opinions on certain matters as they are not what the Titans want to hear it seems on this forum you are only allowed to tell them what a great job they are doing and how great they are it appears they dont like to hear from there critics, so i am sorry. Matt Peterson is a great signing you guys are doing a fantastic job.

DeeGan
26-03-06, 10:20 PM
I would like to say sorry to the forum for having my opinions on certain matters as they are not what the Titans want to hear it seems on this forum you are only allowed to tell them what a great job they are doing and how great they are it appears they dont like to hear from there critics, so i am sorry. Matt Peterson is a great signing you guys are doing a fantastic job.

Give it a rest shavenjas...

Edit: Let's get the thread back on track. As per the PM you received before this post, you can contact myself personally re: member complaints and the forum guidelines issues.

lonegull
27-03-06, 08:19 AM
I thought o'dwyer had a good game finally got a start

stormside
27-03-06, 10:21 PM
Journeyed from Clunes to Suncorp to again watch the Mighty Eels get flogged on the scoreboard. 20 points better then last year so look out for the Eels come final time. Hope they cop a grilling about kicking so much in attack.
On Petersen I think he has served Parra well in his time there. Generally is a very solid winger in attack and defense. And as others have stated in this thread - the mighty $$$$ stops you signing top shelf players in all positions. Petersen would make A Grade at possibly a few NRL clubs and I feel he will do a great job for the Titans in 2007.

shavenjas
01-04-06, 03:46 PM
Another poor effort from Petersen against the Cowboys. :hmm:

Smithy
01-04-06, 04:19 PM
yes.....i guess it was all his fault.
The Eels need to listen more to Shaven for there picks on players and less on the experts..........
No one else was to blame............
Shaven.......get a new tune.......we know you have it in for the bloke.........
sick of hearing the same old tune.

Dakink
01-04-06, 07:22 PM

MM must have been watching a different game - he wasnt poor.

Steelers
01-04-06, 07:25 PM
IMO He played well... a solid performance with the odd mistake

DeeGan
01-04-06, 09:27 PM
yes.....i guess it was all his fault.
The Eels need to listen more to Shaven for there picks on players and less on the experts..........
No one else was to blame............
Shaven.......get a new tune.......we know you have it in for the bloke.........
sick of hearing the same old tune.

Again members, it may just pay to ignore Shav's opinion here on Petersen. He is not going to give Petersen a fair assessment, leave it at that. Some 'online fishing' is all it is ;) He is entitled to his opinion (YES, this is getting boring) but if you don't like it either ignore it or post a decent reply countering a simple 'Another poor effort from Petersen against the Cowboys' with little effort to support the post.

shavenjas
02-04-06, 05:24 PM
Again members, it may just pay to ignore Shav's opinion here on Petersen. He is not going to give Petersen a fair assessment, leave it at that. Some 'online fishing' is all it is ;) He is entitled to his opinion (YES, this is getting boring) but if you don't like it either ignore it or post a decent reply countering a simple 'Another poor effort from Petersen against the Cowboys' with little effort to support the post.
You can choose to ignore the truth if you like DeeGan :hi:

The Original Idiot
03-04-06, 04:55 PM
We all will until you give us some evidence. Nothing washes, especially not here, without evidence.

Hindyscrack
05-04-06, 05:00 PM
Peto played well against the cowboys... I'm happy he is in FG now at the Eels, IMO he has been very unlucky to miss out over the years to Luke Burt, how Shav if you want an example of a poor player you can look to him.

DeeGan
09-04-06, 05:51 PM
Matt Petersen makes it very hard to defend him today - very poor game from the Titans bound winger.

shavenjas
09-04-06, 07:19 PM
Matt Petersen makes it very hard to defend him today - very poor game from the Titans bound winger.
You beat me to it DeeGan (lol) i thought he had a great game for PENRITH :laugh: that was a great try assist to Shane Rodney, but i think Tim Smith was shocking how long are thay going to give this kid.

Chaos
09-04-06, 09:12 PM
Peterson did have a bad game today...hard to defend that one.

I have seem him find the try line in past games in situations where I never gave him a chance.
Wingers are playerrs that know how to find the try line and whether Peterson's playing good or not at the moment, he can find the line.
With a little Titan coaching he can be valuable.

It doesn't take long to teach a player, not to come in of his wing, in defence.

shavenjas
09-04-06, 09:16 PM
Peterson did have a bad game today...hard to defend that one.

I have seem him find the try line in past games in situations where I never gave him a chance.
Wingers are playerrs that know how to find the try line and whether Peterson's playing good or not at the moment, he can find the line.
With a little Titan coaching he can be valuable.

It doesn't take long to teach a player, not to come in of his wing, in defence.
Tear his contract up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Gee
09-04-06, 09:27 PM
Well Parra up by 4 and Peterson throws a pass like That It can kill a team {as it did} I hope he calms down a bit

GT_Titan
09-04-06, 09:33 PM
Well Parra up by 4 and Peterson throws a pass like That It can kill a team {as it did} I hope he clams down a bit
He had a brain exposion, thats for sure. oh well..that can happen to the best of them. Hopefully he can improve throughout the year, thats if he can at least play well enough to keep his first grade position.

lonegull
10-04-06, 10:40 AM
Gee i am starting to get worried about this bloke everytime he touched the ball i thought what is he going to do i hope he has some improvement

Red Steel
10-04-06, 11:27 AM
Mat Peterson is a joke of a footballer... like Tim Smith, had only 1 good season in 04 and since then has done little.

Chaos
10-04-06, 08:43 PM
Mat Peterson is a joke of a footballer... like Tim Smith, had only 1 good season in 04 and since then has done little.

Red, your probably one of those people that won't give Brett Kimmorley respect, just because he is out of fashion with the media.

shavenjas
10-04-06, 09:05 PM
:rotflmao: Is anyone watching NRL ON FOX Matt Petersen just won the pumpkin of the week award for his pass to Shane Rodney, the pumpkin award is for the biggest mistake or the biggest goose in the game for the week, and this week it is Petersen, Matt you are making this to easy for me :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Steelers
10-04-06, 09:06 PM
:rotflmao: Is anyone watching NRL ON FOX Matt Petersen just won the pumpkin of the week award for his pass to Shane Rodney, the pumpkin award is for the biggest mistake or the biggest goose in the game for the week, and this week it is Petersen, Matt you are making this to easy for me :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Not all of us are blessed with Pay TV

Gee
10-04-06, 09:14 PM
I saw it. It was hilarious :lol!:

shavenjas
10-04-06, 10:00 PM
I saw it. It was hilarious :lol!:
Hilarious your not wrong, Petersen got the pumpkin award and it is fitting for this thread, speaking of which the thread has turned around there is a few more people agreeing that Petersen isnt all that!!!!!!!

Chaos
10-04-06, 10:14 PM
Hilarious your not wrong, Petersen got the pumpkin award and it is fitting for this thread, speaking of which the thread has turned around there is a few more people agreeing that Petersen isnt all that!!!!!!!

I think Gee is referring to one moment on the weekend, not his potential for the Titans.

Gee
10-04-06, 10:21 PM
Peterson is starting to scare me :!:

Chaos
10-04-06, 10:27 PM
Peterson is starting to scare me :!:

I thought the same after watching last game but it's nothing a good coach can't adjust.
I don't much care what Smith can do with him...sorry Parra fans!

shavenjas
10-04-06, 10:46 PM
I thought the same after watching last game but it's nothing a good coach can't adjust.
I don't much care what Smith can do with him...sorry Parra fans!
We will see what Cartwright can do, if he can turn Petersen into a good player i would call him a miracale coach :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

DeeGan
10-04-06, 10:56 PM
Matt Petersen is struggling in his limited opportunities in 2006 it must be said though prior to this season he was a solid NRL winger more than capable of keeping a spot in first grade. Have I wavered on that opinion?

Well no to put it blunt though I will not hide from the obvious - Petersen is struggling in this Parramatta Eels team and he is not the only one suffering there. Look at Tim Smith, look at Nathan Cayless. Will Petersen keep Luke Burt in premiere league?

After last week's effort, he will be clinging on to grade by the skin of his teeth.

p.s. I do not need a PM alerting me to something re: Matt Petersen in my inbox ;)

shavenjas
10-04-06, 10:59 PM
Matt Petersen is struggling in his limited opportunities in 2006 it must be said though prior to this season he was a solid NRL winger more than capable of keeping a spot in first grade. Have I wavered on that opinion?

Well no to put it blunt though I will not hide from the obvious - Petersen is struggling in this Parramatta Eels team and he is not the only one suffering there. Look at Tim Smith, look at Nathan Cayless. Will Petersen keep Luke Burt in premiere league?

After last week's effort, he will be clinging on to grade by the skin of his teeth.

p.s. I do not need a PM alerting me to something re: Matt Petersen in my inbox ;)
just wanted to know if you saw the show DeeG it was funny :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The Original Idiot
11-04-06, 09:50 AM
I wonder if Petersen has heard of this thread yet.

Still, 1400 views in this forum is pretty damn impressive, no matter what the subject is.

shavenjas
11-04-06, 05:11 PM
Eels winger Matt Petersen aided the Panthers' cause with a foolish pass, thrown as he was going into touch, landing right in the arms of Panthers backrower Shane Rodney, who put his side back in front 20-18 as he raced over untouched :D :D :D :D

This was from a sydney news paper (not everything they say is a lie)

Queenslander
11-04-06, 05:15 PM
I wonder if Petersen has heard of this thread yet.

Still, 1400 views in this forum is pretty damn impressive, no matter what the subject is.

Plus there are 110+ plus replies.......however nearly half of them are done by shavenjas.....

shavenjas
11-04-06, 05:44 PM
Matthew Petersen
PETERSEN, Matthew (Parramatta Eels)
$78,800 $0 ($+0)
Description Performance
Position/s: Wing/Centre
Games played (Season 2006): 4
Total Points Scored (Season 2006): 2
Average Points Per Round: 0.50
Current Competition Ranking: 226
Total # of Selections: 340

Titanium_BD1103
11-04-06, 05:47 PM
Shaven, I am not sure what the post above is trying to prove, but if it is proving that Petersen has not done anything this season, then I would have to say that there are many wingers in the NRL who have figures like his ATM, It is round 6 FGS... :lol!:

I know of wingers worth much more money who have scored the same or no points this season, and I know Petersen didn't have a good game on Sunday, but that stat proves nothing, stats can be interpreted any way a person likes.. ;)

Queenslander
11-04-06, 05:49 PM
Matthew Petersen
PETERSEN, Matthew (Parramatta Eels)
$78,800 $0 ($+0)
Description Performance
Position/s: Wing/Centre
Games played (Season 2006): 4
Total Points Scored (Season 2006): 2
Average Points Per Round: 0.50
Current Competition Ranking: 226
Total # of Selections: 340

Is that data from the Sportal Dream team?????? :rotflmao: That means nothing at all!!!! :noidea:

shavenjas
11-04-06, 06:48 PM
While lowly-placed Parramatta relished another come-from-behind win Eels coach Brian Smith warned winger Matt "Sideshow Bob" Petersen he would be dropped from first grade if he was again sin-binned for swearing at a touch judge.

Referee Sean Hampstead gave Petersen a ten minute rest for his verbal delivered when the game was in the balance at 14-all in the 52nd minute.

Manly five-eighth Luke Williamson slotted a goal from the resulting penalty to edge the visitors ahead 16-14.

Luckily for Petersen, his indiscretion did not cost his team as NSW Origin centre Jamie Lyon scored a superb individual try six minutes later, running 50m and brushing off two defenders along the way to give Parramatta a 20-16 lead.

A Michael Witt penalty goal, a 73rd minute try to Nathan Hindmarsh and a late Witt field goal ensured the Eels pulled off a crucial win to maintain some hope of making the finals.

"Smithy had a word to me after the game," said Petersen, who added he was directing anger at himself rather than the touch judge.

"Not only is it not what the fans want to see and it's not good for the kids, but I left my team for ten minutes at a critical part of the game.

"I left them a player short and that's something I'm not really happy about."

Smith said about the incident: "That sort of stuff is just crap. It puts pressure on everybody."

Queenslander
11-04-06, 06:49 PM
While lowly-placed Parramatta relished another come-from-behind win Eels coach Brian Smith warned winger Matt "Sideshow Bob" Petersen he would be dropped from first grade if he was again sin-binned for swearing at a touch judge.

Referee Sean Hampstead gave Petersen a ten minute rest for his verbal delivered when the game was in the balance at 14-all in the 52nd minute.

Manly five-eighth Luke Williamson slotted a goal from the resulting penalty to edge the visitors ahead 16-14.

Luckily for Petersen, his indiscretion did not cost his team as NSW Origin centre Jamie Lyon scored a superb individual try six minutes later, running 50m and brushing off two defenders along the way to give Parramatta a 20-16 lead.

A Michael Witt penalty goal, a 73rd minute try to Nathan Hindmarsh and a late Witt field goal ensured the Eels pulled off a crucial win to maintain some hope of making the finals.

"Smithy had a word to me after the game," said Petersen, who added he was directing anger at himself rather than the touch judge.

"Not only is it not what the fans want to see and it's not good for the kids, but I left my team for ten minutes at a critical part of the game.

Smith said about the incident: "That sort of stuff is just crap. It puts pressure on everybody."

Interesting.....do you have a source for that?

shavenjas
11-04-06, 07:45 PM
Here is what i found on the Manly forum when they thought they might end up with Matt Petersen.

Originally posted by greeny
[br]i don't want peterson get eric grothe jnr he is way beta but lyon is better. We don't want side show <b style="color:black;background-color:#a0ffff">bob!!</b> I've heard a lot of ppl saying that he is going to <b style="color:black;background-color:#ff9999">manly!!!
[/</b>quote]

[quote]Originally posted by bigfella
[br]<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">Sideshow</b> <b style="color:black;background-color:#a0ffff">Bob</b> is comming to <b style="color:black;background-color:#ff9999">Manly.</b> Doh!

Now if we could only also sign Homer and Bart we would have the Simpson's in our backline next year.

Is he really any better than Donald? The Parra forum are glad to get rid of him as they say that they have better wingers in Premier League - somebody called Williams and Joel Reddy.

Check here to include your profile signature.

25/6/2005 11:55:19 AM
I dont think he's of the right callibre to be worthy of a signing. Tim Smith and Tahu make Sideshow look much better than he really is, a no frills catch the pass and run into open space player.
deagle - user: 2595.720.7558 Click Here to Reply

Chaos
11-04-06, 08:43 PM
Jees Shavanjas...you must really hate Peterson and I suspect it is on a personal level, especially after digging around for other people's quotes found on another forum.

I don't mind expressing my own opinion but getting opinions from other nobodies is getting a bit desperate.

Social Loafer
11-04-06, 09:05 PM
wow 13 pages on Matt Peterson :laugh:

IMO he Will be a decent depth signing, Titans have Carney as their big signing Winger, you can't have a side full of stars, impossible to stay under the cap, the salary cap is realy starting to work now which means clubs need to start focusing on development..

DeeGan
12-04-06, 12:06 AM
wow 13 pages on Matt Peterson :laugh:

IMO he Will be a decent depth signing, Titans have Carney as their big signing Winger, you can't have a side full of stars, impossible to stay under the cap, the salary cap is realy starting to work now which means clubs need to start focusing on development..

Well said.

Reality is we are building a 25-30 man squad to ensure we have depth in our team from 2007 onward. Matt Petersen is not what you consider 'a must buy' for an established NRL team though he will do the job required in our debut season - let's not forget, we are making our debut in 2007.

I believe Shannon Walker from the academy team will push for a first grade spot in 2007 on the wing as well which is exciting - he is a freakish talent outwide IMO.

Matt Petersen is lucky to hold his spot this week in first grade it must be said. He is trying to do to much instead of just getting his head down playing smart football from the wing, that ball out the back to no one was unforgiveable in first grade rugby league. With the depth in the premiere league Eels side (Reddy, Burt, Delaney etc.), Petersen will quickly find his way back to premiere league with another poor performance this week.

As for Shav's posts, I can only say at least there is something there behind his opinion now albeit from the average rugby league fan. I am sure he is not the only one questioning our decision to sign Petersen at the moment though I will go with the rugby league minds of Cartwright, Sattler and Gillmeister.

Let's hope for an improved performance from 'Sideshow' this weekend :D

The Original Idiot
13-04-06, 10:37 AM

Jamie Lyon? Michael Witt? You're a few years too late.

shavenjas
14-04-06, 11:36 PM
We all will until you give us some evidence. Nothing washes, especially not here, without evidence.
Do you need more evidence Original Idiot. :hmm:

The Original Idiot
15-04-06, 11:10 AM
^
Yes I do. You can't judge a player on a handful of games. The way you describe Petersen one would think he has not played an average or better first grade game in his career. Is that what you are implying?

Please provide more evidence which is recent, and not about the two or three games you are continually whinging about. Then I may start to agree with your point of view.

shavenjas
15-04-06, 01:53 PM
^
Yes I do. You can't judge a player on a handful of games. The way you describe Petersen one would think he has not played an average or better first grade game in his career. Is that what you are implying?

Please provide more evidence which is recent, and not about the two or three games you are continually whinging about. Then I may start to agree with your point of view.
Mate i don't know what you are talking about. im not talking about 1 or 2 or 3 games.

Dragons
17-04-06, 07:42 PM
Mate i don't know what you are talking about. im not talking about 1 or 2 or 3 games.

PLAYER GP T G FG PTS
Nathan Hindmarsh 152 35 0 0 140
Nathan Cayless 137 21 0 0 84
Michael Vella 127 12 0 0 48
Daniel Wagon 126 35 0 0 140
Luke Burt 102 48 204 0 600
Paul Stringer 69 6 0 0 56
Dean Widders 69 21 0 0 88
Chad Robinson 67 7 0 0 28
PJ Marsh 63 10 12 1 94
John Morris 54 8 9 1 95
Matt Petersen 41 22 0 0 96
Eric Grothe 39 23 0 0 92
Adam Peek 30 3 0 0 12
Tim Smith 30 6 0 0 24
Ashley Graham 27 14 0 0 56
Mark Riddell 26 6 17 0 475
Glenn Morrison 24 9 0 0 252
Henry Perenara 22 2 0 0 8
Ben Smith 21 16 0 0 64
Timana Tahu 20 12 0 0 48
Wade McKinnon 19 8 0 0 32
Aaron Cannings 14 1 0 0 4
Luke O'Dwyer 8 1 0 0 4
Fuifui Moimoi 8 2 0 0 8
Brett Delaney 4 1 0 0 4
Joel Reddy 3 1 0 0 4
Justin Tsoulos 3 0 0 0 0
John Williams 2 1 0 0 4
Ian Henderson 2 0 0 0 0
Peter Lewis 2 0 0 0 0
Josh Cordoba 2 0 0 0 0
Jack Afamasaga 2 0 0 0 0
Marcus Perenara 1 0 0 0 0
Zeb Taia 1 1 0 0 4

His figures aren't that bad so do you really know what ya talking about :roll:

shavenjas
17-04-06, 09:44 PM
PLAYER GP T G FG PTS
Nathan Hindmarsh 152 35 0 0 140
Nathan Cayless 137 21 0 0 84
Michael Vella 127 12 0 0 48
Daniel Wagon 126 35 0 0 140
Luke Burt 102 48 204 0 600
Paul Stringer 69 6 0 0 56
Dean Widders 69 21 0 0 88
Chad Robinson 67 7 0 0 28
PJ Marsh 63 10 12 1 94
John Morris 54 8 9 1 95
Eric Grothe 39 23 0 0 92
Adam Peek 30 3 0 0 12
Tim Smith 30 6 0 0 24
Ashley Graham 27 14 0 0 56
Mark Riddell 26 6 17 0 475
Glenn Morrison 24 9 0 0 252
Henry Perenara 22 2 0 0 8
Ben Smith 21 16 0 0 64
Timana Tahu 20 12 0 0 48
Wade McKinnon 19 8 0 0 32
Aaron Cannings 14 1 0 0 4
Luke O'Dwyer 8 1 0 0 4
Fuifui Moimoi 8 2 0 0 8
Brett Delaney 4 1 0 0 4
Joel Reddy 3 1 0 0 4
Justin Tsoulos 3 0 0 0 0
John Williams 2 1 0 0 4
Ian Henderson 2 0 0 0 0
Peter Lewis 2 0 0 0 0
Josh Cordoba 2 0 0 0 0
Jack Afamasaga 2 0 0 0 0
Marcus Perenara 1 0 0 0 0
Zeb Taia 1 1 0 0 4

His figures aren't that bad so do you really know what ya talking about :roll:
I thought Petersen had his best game of the season last weekend :rotflmao:

The Original Idiot
18-04-06, 10:43 AM
Again you're only talking about this season out of a total 41 games. Just because he hasn't been in the best of form recently it doesn't mean he's the worst player to walk onto a stadium like you are implying.

shavenjas
18-04-06, 05:37 PM
Again you're only talking about this season out of a total 41 games. Just because he hasn't been in the best of form recently it doesn't mean he's the worst player to walk onto a stadium like you are implying.
Parramatta had a bye last weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Original Idiot
18-04-06, 06:00 PM
I fail to see your point.

Steelers
18-04-06, 06:02 PM
I fail to see your point.

He was trying to draw attention to his previous post

I thought Petersen had his best game of the season last weekend :rotflmao:

Parramatta had a bye last weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Original Idiot
18-04-06, 06:06 PM
Yes, and that's why he quoted me. What an idiot.
(Then again, i am as well.)

The Original Idiot
22-04-06, 11:05 AM
Petersen played alright last night, took a good high ball, dropped a few wayward passes and got clobbered towards the end.

Titanium_BD1103
22-04-06, 11:57 AM
Actually I was very impressed with Matt Petersen last night... He played very well and took the high ball superbly... it was very skilled.. :)

Can't be critical of his performance and look forward to him doing more when he joins us in 2007.. :D :D

Steve Dangerous
22-04-06, 12:42 PM
yeah he played a good game in a good win.

DeeGan
22-04-06, 02:18 PM
Petersen needs to get this running across field crap out of his game. Improved performance last night though, there is alot more improvement there.

The Original Idiot
22-04-06, 04:21 PM
^
Most of the Parra backs were doing that running across field crap on Friday. McKinnon and Tahu were at least making metres.

Dragons
22-04-06, 08:35 PM
Petersen needs to get this running across field crap out of his game. Improved performance last night though, there is alot more improvement there.
Your not getting on Shaven bandwagon are you Deegs.
I think he needs to be taken of the wing and put in the at number 3 or 4.
he looks like he wants the ball but dosen't get it enough.
I could be wrong but I just get the feeling he not used enough.

lonegull
23-04-06, 11:26 AM
he is improving every week

DeeGan
23-04-06, 11:34 AM
Your not getting on Shaven bandwagon are you Deegs.
I think he needs to be taken of the wing and put in the at number 3 or 4.
he looks like he wants the ball but dosen't get it enough.
I could be wrong but I just get the feeling he not used enough.

I would seriously hope the above is tounge in cheek Dragons - like most, I have my own opinion whether or not most agree with it.

Matt Petersen has a tendency to crab across field more often than not from dummy half - if we look at Petersen's hit ups from dummy half in comparison to say Brian Carney, the proof is in the pudding, he doesn't make the metres Eels coach Brian Smith would be looking for.

The effort on Friday night was much improved though there is alot more improvement in the Titans bound winger.

As for moving Petersen to centre? :!: Not in a million years. For starters who would he replace at Parramatta?

Tahu? Don't think so.

Delaney? No way.

Smith? Not while B. Smith is the coach.

Matt Petersen pre 2006 I rated a solid first grade winger who will help us out in our debut season - not much has changed there. My concern is his rate of improvement with regular time in first grade is not 'earth shattering' nor much to write home about this year. With kids like Shannon Walker in the Elite Academy squad itching for a crack at the big time in 2007, Petersen I am hoping will continue to improve this season otherwise he will feel pressure from within the Titans squad next season.

Dakink
23-04-06, 12:30 PM
Prehaps he isnt getting the guide he needs from the coaching staff. A player wouldnt continuosly creep if he had it trained out of him...

Teegy
23-04-06, 03:06 PM
I think Peterson might struggle to stop Shannon Walker or Nat Barnes from the 2nd Wing spot

GT_Titan
23-04-06, 06:11 PM
I think Peterson might struggle to stop Shannon Walker or Nat Barnes from the 2nd Wing spot

Nothing wromg with a little healthy competition within the Titans camp ;) Hopefully it will be the same across the whole team. No-one in the team should feel comfortable in retaining their position (unless they are constantly solid performers), no matter how highly they might be regarded.

Dragons
23-04-06, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=DeeGan]I would seriously hope the above is tounge in cheek Dragons -
Was said tounge and cheek. :satan:
Still think he looking for more ball.
I will try and watch a few more Parra game and get a better judgement about him

DeeGan
23-04-06, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=DeeGan]I would seriously hope the above is tounge in cheek Dragons -
Was said tounge and cheek. :satan:
Still think he looking for more ball.
I will try and watch a few more Parra game and get a better judgement about him

Don't get me wrong, the effort is there and he improved on his last game though I think he should be giving more to the Eels from the wing especially when discussing his runs from dummy half where he crabs across field with minimum headache given to the defence.

slinky
24-04-06, 03:29 PM
Matt Peterson isn't that bad, he just has some high class wingers infront of him at parra. Johnathon thurston wasn't getting many games at bulldogs, but once he switched to cowboys, he has been the nrls number one player. Matt peterson just needs to be given a chance.

Just give him a chance!!! :hi:

DeeGan
24-04-06, 05:30 PM
Matt Peterson isn't that bad, he just has some high class wingers infront of him at parra. Johnathon thurston wasn't getting many games at bulldogs, but once he switched to cowboys, he has been the nrls number one player. Matt peterson just needs to be given a chance.

Just give him a chance!!! :hi:

Matt Petersen has been granted a chance and is to his credit keeping Luke Burt out of the team ;)

dan the man
24-04-06, 06:02 PM
Every game i watch the more i feel sorry for brett delaney.. he has to baby sit the bloke he comes off his wing too often and allows for easy overlaps.. if delaney could concentrate on his own game rather than baby sitting peterson he would be a better player... do not got me wrong the bloke has heart and has a go... and he must be doing something right to keep burt out... as long as titans work on his defence reading he will be a better player...

dan

Hindyscrack
24-04-06, 06:38 PM
It shouldnt take too much to keep Burt out of the NRL squad... He's friggin terrible! Can't see him being resigned by the Eels, lets hope the titans stay well away from him!

DeeGan
24-04-06, 06:46 PM
It shouldnt take too much to keep Burt out of the NRL squad... He's friggin terrible! Can't see him being resigned by the Eels, lets hope the titans stay well away from him!

Very good point - I have never been a fan of Luke Burt.

Chaos
24-04-06, 11:12 PM
Every game i watch the more i feel sorry for brett delaney.. he has to baby sit the bloke he comes off his wing too often and allows for easy overlaps.. if delaney could concentrate on his own game rather than baby sitting peterson he would be a better player... do not got me wrong the bloke has heart and has a go... and he must be doing something right to keep burt out... as long as titans work on his defence reading he will be a better player...

dan

I can't agree with you there Dan
I great defender is a great communicator, especially to his outside defender.
Delaney should be telling Peterson to stay on his man. If he yells "I've got him...I've got him" Peterson wouldn't come in.

Coaster
24-04-06, 11:22 PM
Chaos :

Ask my daughter

What does a winger do?

Stays On His Wing

Chaos
24-04-06, 11:32 PM
Chaos :

Ask my daughter

What does a winger do?

Stays On His Wing

I agree and I have pointed out Peterson's mistakes in the past but I don't think Delaney was babysitting and I don't think he was talking to his winger.

dan the man
25-04-06, 12:19 PM
I have went to games and i have never seen a centre yell so much at a winger.. maybe he has to yell because peterson is so far away from him infield or so close a try is inevitable

dan

Chaos
25-04-06, 01:04 PM
I have went to games and i have never seen a centre yell so much at a winger.. maybe he has to yell because peterson is so far away from him infield or so close a try is inevitable

dan

What ever it is...Peterson needs some coaching and you'd think a established club like Parramatta would be focusing on it.
You wonder if Smith even notices, he's always looking to find excuses why his side may lose.

DeeGan
30-04-06, 04:43 PM
Matt Petersen on Ch9's coverage this afternoon has scored a great try in the corner which took the Eels to 10-0 :D Let's hope his form continues for the rest of the game.

Flanker/5-8
30-04-06, 04:45 PM
It was a great try, and he also did well earlier on to get out of the ingoal.

shavenjas
30-04-06, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=DeeGan]No, one game does not impact on one's judgement here.

I totally agree with this quote from DeeGan!!!!!!!!

Steelers
30-04-06, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=DeeGan]No, one game does not impact on one's judgement here.

I totally agree with this quote from DeeGan!!!!!!!!

LOL well I suppose you have the right to say that if you were rating his season so far... it has still been mediocre but he is improving back to what he has showed in the past.

The Original Idiot
01-05-06, 07:24 AM
Exactly. He's getting better each game. By the end of the season I think he will be playing pretty well. Well, not in shavenjas' opinion obviously...

Titanium_BD1103
01-05-06, 09:55 AM
Nah in his opinion The Original Idiot.. even if Petersen got Origin Selection next season he would still not be playing well.. :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously though.. Petersen played well yesterday... I caught this game and I reckon he is getting better every game.. and that is only good for all of us... as the better he gets and the more confident he is... the better he will be when he runs on with the Titans in 2007... :D :D

GO MATT PETERSEN.. keep growing and keep striving and giving 100%

Eel 33
01-05-06, 10:34 AM
Matt Petersen on Ch9's coverage this afternoon has scored a great try in the corner which took the Eels to 10-0 :D Let's hope his form continues for the rest of the game.

And that was me he gave the hi 5 to!!! :hi:

patskE
01-05-06, 01:36 PM
u serious
ahahaha i saw that guy

Eel 33
01-05-06, 01:37 PM
Dead set, no word of a lie!!!

shavenjas
01-05-06, 04:20 PM
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: [QUOTE=Bulldog_Titan311]Nah in his opinion The Original Idiot.. even if Petersen got Origin Selection next season he would still not be playing well.. :laugh: :laugh:

Origin selection :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Titanium_BD1103
01-05-06, 04:58 PM
You might be laughing now.. but it could happen next year.. give or take Petersen has a blinder.. but he is improving every week.. he has as much a chance as anyone does in 2007... :D :D

Dragons
01-05-06, 06:31 PM
And that was me he gave the hi 5 to!!! :hi:
Gee! I thought it was Shavenase that he gave the high 5 to. Doh :rotflmao:

DeeGan
01-05-06, 06:55 PM
You might be laughing now.. but it could happen next year.. give or take Petersen has a blinder.. but he is improving every week.. he has as much a chance as anyone does in 2007... :D :D

I think we are gettin WAAAAAY ahead of ourselves there - Petersen is next to no chance in representing NSW in the near future. Peto will be a first grade player who represented USA, if anything, he might one day get a shot at City v Country given I assume he qualifies for NSW.

shavenjas
01-05-06, 06:57 PM
Lets not forget Petersen dropped the ball in the ingoal and gave manly the set of 6 which Mat Orford kicked the field goal to win the game, yeah i would of given him a hi 5 for that :D to me he is a player that takes one step forward two steps back , like Ben Walker does some good things but you can almost always count on him losing you a game.

Titanium_BD1103
01-05-06, 11:27 PM
Deegan.. if he is a chance of representing City vs Country in the future.. he could represent NSW one day.. there is still a long time to go in his career and no one not even me or you could determine what might happen... it may not happen next year or the next few.. but the more he gets better.. the stronger a player he will be... I remember a certain person I know saying the same thing about Matt King when he first started at the Storm and now look at him... :)

As for you Shavenjas... Don't get started on Ben Walker otherwise IMO you will have more pie on your face than a recipient of a clown gag... :D :D

Ben Walker is the reason for Souths being competitive this season. He provides spark and gives them attacking options... and he tries his heart out every week, he does not lose games...any loyal Souths Fan will tell you that.

I have many many people I know who support Souths and to them he is a saviour.. someone who gives the club his all and is always trying to improve and better his team.. and you can't ask for anymore than that. Whether Souths win or lose is up to the whole team.. but they came close yesterday and as Derf says.. they have to win sooner or later... :D :D

patskE
01-05-06, 11:34 PM
man they just pick centers as wingers these days
ppl like growth and stuff have no hope of playing for australia

shavenjas
02-05-06, 07:22 AM
Deegan.. if he is a chance of representing City vs Country in the future.. he could represent NSW one day.. there is still a long time to go in his career and no one not even me or you could determine what might happen... it may not happen next year or the next few.. but the more he gets better.. the stronger a player he will be... I remember a certain person I know saying the same thing about Matt King when he first started at the Storm and now look at him... :)

As for you Shavenjas... Don't get started on Ben Walker otherwise IMO you will have more pie on your face than a recipient of a clown gag... :D :D

Ben Walker is the reason for Souths being competitive this season. He provides spark and gives them attacking options... and he tries his heart out every week, he does not lose games...any loyal Souths Fan will tell you that.

I have many many people I know who support Souths and to them he is a saviour.. someone who gives the club his all and is always trying to improve and better his team.. and you can't ask for anymore than that. Whether Souths win or lose is up to the whole team.. but they came close yesterday and as Derf says.. they have to win sooner or later... :D :D
Yeah Ben Walker is there saviour that is why they are 0 from 7 in 2006, he was shown the door at the Broncos, he couldn't cut it in the UK now he is at Souths, i would love to see Souths start to win but they will need better quality players then Ben Walker. :topic:

DeeGan
02-05-06, 08:35 AM
Deegan.. if he is a chance of representing City vs Country in the future.. he could represent NSW one day.. there is still a long time to go in his career and no one not even me or you could determine what might happen... it may not happen next year or the next few.. but the more he gets better.. the stronger a player he will be... I remember a certain person I know saying the same thing about Matt King when he first started at the Storm and now look at him..

You done?

Let me put it bluntly, Petersen is not a future S.O.O. player - end of story. He is 26 y.o. and will be a career winger who plays first grade, some player have limitations in this game when furthering their career, Petersen is one of them. Better players have missed out on rep footy and had good careers.

I suggested IF anything, he might one day down the track have a chance of representing City at that level - more being polite.

Petersen will do a good job for the Titans in 2007 and beyond though he is not a rep class winger, we knew that when signing him, entertaining the thought that he is a possible Origin representative is unrealistic.

~Wild Child~
02-05-06, 11:54 AM
shavenjas what a whinger you are,mate have a look at what the titans have done so far and get your head out of the clouds I will make this statement Micheal Searle would get a start at any Nrl club as there CEO he is that good,dont worry the path has been drawn and its been a uphill battle so far but the titans have won every battle so bring it onLonegull- Agree with all your posts:clap: :clap: :clap:

The Original Idiot
02-05-06, 05:03 PM
Let me put it bluntly, Petersen is not a future S.O.O. player - end of story. He is 26 y.o. and will be a career winger who plays first grade, some player have limitations in this game when furthering their career, Petersen is one of them. Better players have missed out on rep footy and had good careers.
Anything is possible. You never know who will end up in an Origin jersey.

Queenslander
02-05-06, 05:43 PM

Or an Australian jersey ;) .....Hunt's selection was a surprise to us all!

shavenjas
02-05-06, 05:49 PM
There is only one way Petersen would end up with an origin jersey and that is if the plane with the NSW team crashed, and then they picked another side and that plane crashed, and then three more teams and three more plane crashes, and then he might just might make the bench for the next city country match :D

~Wild Child~
02-05-06, 05:55 PM
There is only one way Petersen would end up with an origin jersey and that is if the plane with the NSW team crashed, and then they picked another side and that plane crashed, and then three more teams and three more plane crashes, and then he might just might make the bench for the next city country match :DShavenjas-why are you so against giving this player a chance?Obviously you don't think he can play...but is there another reason???

shavenjas
02-05-06, 06:10 PM
Shavenjas-why are you so against giving this player a chance?Obviously you don't think he can play...but is there another reason???
I Just hate watching players in 1st grade that just should not be there, he is not the only one im against there are a few, but i have spoke with some Parramatta supporters and they are glad to see him go they think there is much better wingers in reserve grade, i was just so pissed that the Titans signed him, they say they have there big winger signing in Brian carney i would have liked to have seen a young Gold Coast winger be given a chance.

~Wild Child~
02-05-06, 06:30 PM
I Just watching players in 1st grade that just should not be there, he is not the only one im against there are a few, but i have spoke with some Parramatta supporters and they are glad to see him go they think there is much better wingers in reserve grade, i was just so ed that the Titans signed him, they say they have there big winger signing in Brian carney i would have liked to have seen a young Gold Coast winger be given a chance.Yes,but maybe the Titans want to go with more established players first.There is pleanty of time for the up and coming stars to shine.

Steelers
02-05-06, 06:31 PM
Or an Australian jersey ;) .....Hunt's selection was a surprise to us all!

Well if KHunt can be picked for Australia then why wouldn't Petersen be picked for NSW :p

shavenjas
02-05-06, 07:12 PM
Well if KHunt can be picked for Australia then why wouldn't Petersen be picked for NSW :p
Yeah Bowen has been hard done by there, but still Hunt is alot better player then Petersen.

The Original Idiot
02-05-06, 07:23 PM
At the very least can you determine a couple of up-and-comers who you say are twice as good as Petersen?

~Wild Child~
02-05-06, 07:28 PM
Shaven- If there are better players in reserve any ideas why they are not in first grade?? If they were better surely they would be there????????

DeeGan
02-05-06, 07:36 PM
Our Titans Elite Academy squad will provide competition on the flanks in the form of Shannon Walker and I know we are scouring the QLD Cup competition. Petersen has been signed as a starter though he, as all will be, it is not guranteed a starting job for the entire season.

shavenjas
02-05-06, 07:59 PM
At the very least can you determine a couple of up-and-comers who you say are twice as good as Petersen?
Mate every winger in Premier league and Qld cup :rotflmao:

The Original Idiot
02-05-06, 07:59 PM
Care to provide some names?

shavenjas
02-05-06, 08:17 PM
Care to provide some names?
Denan Kemp (Toowoomba) scored 3 last weekend, Jim McConachy (Comets) he is also good, now look at a guy like Tame Tupoe he has played a handfull of games and has already been picked for NZ, and also Darius Boyd he will go all the way that kid, what is with the Broncos and there wingers they have always had great wingers, Han****, Carne, Salior, Taquri, and now these guys (please exclude Minto out of that lot) maybe send Petersen up to Wayne for a few months :laugh:

~Wild Child~
02-05-06, 08:38 PM
Mate every winger in Premier league and Qld cup :rotflmao:shavenjas-I have finally worked you out...You are a comedian...Arn't you....You're good...Are you having fun?. :naughty: Sorry I'm off topic Youre bad shav Sorry, forgot to add YOUR OWNED hahaha

shavenjas
03-05-06, 08:03 AM
shavenjas-I have finally worked you out...You are a comedian...Arn't you....You're good...Are you having fun?. :naughty: Sorry I'm off topic Youre bad shav Sorry, forgot to add YOUR OWNED hahaha
Ummmmm my wife would tell you im not that funny :thumbsup:

Eel 33
04-05-06, 02:54 PM
For all your whinging shavenjas, why don't you get out there and do a better job than Petersen??? He's got one thing on you, he's got a contract to play the game. :fence:

Super Cronk
04-05-06, 04:00 PM
For all your whinging shavenjas, why don't you get out there and do a better job than Petersen??? He's got one thing on you, he's got a contract to play the game. :fence:

I disagree with shavenjas but what you said is unfair. He is a supporter of the game and has the right to give his opinion on players...that opinion might be he thinks he is extremely crap or it might be he thinks he is extremely good..So to say "can you do a better job then peterson" is silly. For one shavenjas hasnt been playing footy since he was very young and hasnt had the training peterson has had...so ofcourse Peterson has that over him.

shavenjas
04-05-06, 04:16 PM
I played up untill i was 14 yo but i had to give it away due to health reasons (kidneys) but as a kid i never had the desire to play 1st grade football, i had a differnt goal in life, which i went on to do and still do to this day as my job. :thumbsup:

patskE
04-05-06, 04:16 PM
REPRESENTATIVE TEAMS
NSW RESIDENTS
USA

got that from the player profile from parra site of matt peterson
his played at an rep level already boys

shavenjas
04-05-06, 04:22 PM
got that from the player profile from parra site of matt peterson
his played at an rep level already boys
USA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

~Wild Child~
04-05-06, 04:44 PM
I played up untill i was 14 yo but i had to give it away due to health reasons (kidneys) but as a kid i never had the desire to play 1st grade football, i had a differnt goal in life, which i went on to do and still do to this day as my job. :thumbsup: Is your job in the area of comedy?.All your posts are funny and provided me with a night's entertainment on an otherwise boring evening....Cool

The Original Idiot
04-05-06, 07:19 PM
I had a differnt goal in life, which i went on to do and still do to this day as my job. :thumbsup:
Would you mind sharing with us what your job is? Please?

shavenjas
04-05-06, 07:21 PM
Would you mind sharing with us what your job is? Please?
NO!!!!!!!!

~Wild Child~
04-05-06, 07:21 PM
Would you mind sharing with us what your job is? Please?Shav is a comedian.

The Original Idiot
04-05-06, 07:24 PM
NO!!!!!!!!
:upset: aww... even after I asked so nicely!

shavenjas
04-05-06, 07:29 PM
:upset: aww... even after I asked so nicely!
You don't need to know about my job this thread is about Matt Petersen's job (the one that he lacks in) :laugh:

DeeGan
04-05-06, 07:32 PM
Let's keep the thread on track everyone ;)

The Original Idiot
04-05-06, 07:35 PM
I'll make you a bet shavenjas. If Petersen plays like you say he does (i.e not first-grade-worthy) for the rest of the season (as judged by Deegan or a mod) I will join you in bagging him and enlist others to join us. If not, you do not mention him on this board again. How does that sound?

shavenjas
04-05-06, 07:41 PM
I'll make you a bet shavenjas. If Petersen plays like you say he does (i.e not first-grade-worthy) for the rest of the season (as judged by Deegan or a mod) I will join you in bagging him and enlist others to join us. If not, you do not mention him on this board again. How does that sound?
Mate like Deegan has pointed out, if you don't like what i say about him than IGNORE THE THREAD, this thread is for people to have there say about Petersen, they can say good things or bad things its a forum :roll:

The Original Idiot
04-05-06, 07:46 PM
I have nothing against your opinion, i just happen to have a penchant for making bets and I am bored. So answer yes or no.

~Wild Child~
04-05-06, 08:05 PM
Poor Peterson. He would be one mixed up guy upon reading this thread...Hush children...Patience...Most players do experience periods of not performing at their highest levels...Only to return bigger and better...Peterson will be making the most of his time, preparing for his role...Does he have abilities and potential still yet to fully develop?...

Queenslander
04-05-06, 08:10 PM
Poor Peterson. He would be one mixed up guy upon reading this thread...Hush children...Patience...Most players do experience periods of not performing at their highest levels...Only to return bigger and better...Peterson will be making the most of his time, preparing for his role...Does he have abilities and potential still yet to fully develop?...

I dont Peterson would be too shook up about this thread....the only real negative comments have been from shavenjas.....other comments have been just related to his current form and playing style.

Titanium_BD1103
06-05-06, 06:46 PM
Ok... match so far.. :)

Petersen has been very courageous and just scored a try... he has an issue with a hand or a wrist, but he is staying out there and acting like a real trooper.. :)

His attack has not been great, and he has been a bit too excited at the start, but he is trying... much more than a lot of his team mates and along with Fui-Fui Moi Moi is making Parra contenders.. :D :D

shavenjas
07-05-06, 02:09 PM
Hey how did Matt go last night i didn't see the game, a friend told me he was very suspect in defence but he did score a try.

The Original Idiot
07-05-06, 02:49 PM
Pop the champagne corks shavenjas- Petersen hurt his elbow last night and is out indefinitely.

~Wild Child~
07-05-06, 02:58 PM
Pop the champagne corks shavenjas- Petersen hurt his elbow last night and is out indefinitely.Then no one is a winner here.

shavenjas
07-05-06, 05:52 PM
Pop the champagne corks shavenjas- Petersen hurt his elbow last night and is out indefinitely.
I don't cheer if a player gets injured, your living up to your name bud!!!!!!

DeeGan
07-05-06, 05:59 PM
I missed the game so I will not comment on Petersen this week.

Just quietly, I think some of the posts targeted at Shav are a little uncalled for. Sure he has a different to the majority in this thread, nothing more. Targetting Shav is getting as boring as Shav himself was some time ago in bringing Petersen in to the majority of his threads.

Debate, share opinions, though if it is not necessary, leave the targetting of one particular member out it.

Eel 33
08-05-06, 03:35 PM
He had an ordinary game to say the least. Injured in a tackle and will probably be out for a week or 2.

Dakink
08-05-06, 03:47 PM
Maybe the curse of "Jas" has finally caught up with him...

Titanium_BD1103
08-05-06, 03:51 PM
Maybe the curse of "Jas" has finally caught up with him...

Oh no... If Jas is able to curse people... then there is a long list of players we should be warning about the chance of injury in upcoming rounds... starting with Ben Walker from Souths.. :laugh: :laugh: :lol!:

~Wild Child~
08-05-06, 03:55 PM
Jas=Comedian And Magician, you just keep getting better.

The Original Idiot
08-05-06, 04:12 PM
I don't cheer if a player gets injured, your living up to your name bud!!!!!!
What? You expected any more?

Dragons
08-05-06, 06:48 PM
I missed the game so I will not comment on Petersen this week.

Just quietly, I think some of the posts targeted at Shav are a little uncalled for. Sure he has a different to the majority in this thread, nothing more. Targetting Shav is getting as boring as Shav himself was some time ago in bringing Petersen in to the majority of his threads.

Debate, share opinions, though if it is not necessary, leave the targetting of one particular member out it.

But he still doing it. (dont pick on Shav people he might cry) :upset:
How many people has he tried to upset. come on Deegs if ya gunna give it he got to learn to take it. I'm sure he not a baby anymore, but maybe he is.
I personaly think that is a bias comment you said Deegs. If he can put <removed> on other people in this forum why cant we do the same to him.

DeeGan
08-05-06, 10:53 PM
How many people has he tried to upset. come on Deegs if ya gunna give it he got to learn to take it. I'm sure he not a baby anymore, but maybe he is.
I personaly think that is a bias comment you said Deegs. If he can put <removed> on other people in this forum why cant we do the same to him.

I will leave Shavenjas to fight his own battles on this forum, he is a grown man with a family, I am sure he will cope whilst staying within the forum guidelines.

The difference here Dragons is Shav has been giving an opinion on a particular player which has riled a majority on the forum getting under the skin of many (I at first took a bit too admittedly). In return though many posts/days on (despite repeated reminders that we all have an opinion), he is being singled out by the majority all too frequently for my liking.

Shav will be the first to admit he has posted a few things to get Dragon supporters to bite, this is normal on a forum, that he has not made it personal nor singled out one member. If he has, it has been minor and not pulled up by the moderator team nor has a complaint been made.

A reminder:

3.0.1 - General Posting on this forum
Use your common sense and there will be no problem. For those lacking in the common sense department, any post littered with any of the following will not be tolerated:

* Overly vulgar
* Threatening members with violence
* Overly abusive,
* Overly obscene
* Slanderous or defaming,
* Hateful or racist posts
* Threatening members with violence
* Sexually-oriented in nature
* Any other post that may be in violation of any applicable laws.

Remember that what may or may not offend you may offend others.

Admin will not allow a bruised ego from the real world to come on here and attempt in becoming the clich?d 'forum tough guy' to fill something missing in their everyday lives. If you feel the need to bully members, visit another forum or take it up with myself. The forum is for those interested in discussing Rugby League without fear of being "bullied" as one does not agree with his/her opinion. Constant bullying of one member will dealt with by Moderator team and in cases where the member is ignoring the warning it will be referred to the Admin team (see 5.0.0 Banning or suspending members).

End of discussion.

Feel free to contact me personally if need be, the above issues ends here.

Let's get back to the thread re: the performance of Matt Petersen.

Dakink
09-05-06, 08:33 AM
Let's get back to the thread re: the performance of Matt Petersen.

OR as some would say - the lack of LOL!!!

shavenjas
09-05-06, 12:46 PM
Love ya work Dragons :clap:

The Original Idiot
09-05-06, 04:30 PM
Was that meant to be sarcastic?

Queenslander
09-05-06, 04:36 PM

Was that meant to be sarcastic?

As DeeGan said let's get back to the thread re: the performance of Matt Petersen. :)

The Original Idiot
09-05-06, 04:47 PM
Geez QLD'er, it was a legitimate question.

~Wild Child~
09-05-06, 05:03 PM
Geez QLD'er, it was a legitimate question.Yeah only not for this thread:D

Dakink
09-05-06, 05:20 PM
Yeah only not for this thread:D

Spot on there - if you two want to have a debate start a thread with that title.

If not, leave it to Peterson and Jas' curse on him ;-)

Dragons
09-05-06, 08:36 PM
Thank you :thumbsup:

shavenjas
09-05-06, 09:47 PM
I see Matt has been named in the Parra side this weekend i thought he was injuried.

Teegy
10-05-06, 08:43 AM
I would think he would be chance of playing cause he played on with his injury last week. he may have a fitness test later in the week.

shavenjas
14-05-06, 07:29 PM
Matt had another shocker today, he seems to be to hot headed, to many brain explosions he does not look comfortable at all, again i still can't believe this guy is running around in 1st grade.

Luke
14-05-06, 07:59 PM
Matt had another shocker today, he seems to be to hot headed, to many brain explosions he does not look comfortable at all, again i still can't believe this guy is running around in 1st grade.

Yeah he had another shocker, I dont like the guy, I think Matt will strugle to keep his spot on the wing at the titans with players like Nat Barnes whho will push for his spot.

Titanium_BD1103
16-05-06, 06:37 PM
Well shaven will be a happy camper today... Jason Taylor seems to agree with him.. :)

From Foxsports.com.au

Already without injured captain Nathan Cayless and NSW Origin pair Nathan Hindmarsh and Timana Tahu for Friday night's match against Penrith, Taylor made good on a promise to give some of his Premier League stars a chance in the top grade.

He dropped winger Matt Petersen and promoted debutant Jarryd Hayne, Luke O'Dwyer, Jeremy Smith, Zeb Taia, Josh Cordoba and Daniel Wagon.

Luke
16-05-06, 06:57 PM
It would be interesting to see how Jarryd Hayne goes in first grade.

shavenjas
16-05-06, 08:51 PM
Well shaven will be a happy camper today... Jason Taylor seems to agree with him.. :)

From Foxsports.com.au
Petersen dropped, i am shocked :laugh:

~Wild Child~
16-05-06, 09:04 PM
Petersen dropped, i am shocked :laugh:Now Shav that's not fair considering you have a crystal ball and knew this was gonna happen :laugh:

shavenjas
16-05-06, 09:10 PM
Now Shav that's not fair considering you have a crystal ball and knew this was gonna happen :laugh:
Belive me, you didn't need a crystal ball to see that was gonna happen :laugh:

~Wild Child~
16-05-06, 09:15 PM
Belive me, you didn't need a crystal ball to see that was gonna happen :laugh:Comedian + Magician + Fortune Teller...anything else?...Do you see him making a comeback? :satan:

shavenjas
16-05-06, 09:21 PM
Comedian + Magician + Fortune Teller...anything else?...Do you see him making a comeback? :satan:
To make a comeback you have got to have been somwhere :laugh:

~Wild Child~
16-05-06, 10:20 PM
To make a comeback you have got to have been somwhere :laugh::satan:

Dragons
16-05-06, 10:52 PM
:satan:
Are you having a go about his spelling M-j or his humour :naughty:
but then again I'm not perfect, but it scares the sh.t out of me because I'm so close :hi:

shavenjas
19-05-06, 09:09 AM
Just wondering if anyone know's where Rick Stone is going to play Petersen next year at Burleigh.

Teegy
19-05-06, 09:13 AM
how do you know he is going to play for burliegh. id say he will satrt in the titans 1st grade squad and if he doens't perform he would proberly go to the team that his replacement is coming from (Nat Barnes from Tweed)