PDA

View Full Version : Round 22: TITANS vs PANTHERS

DIEHARD
04-08-18, 08:15 PM
TITANS vs PANTHERS

Titan68
04-08-18, 09:17 PM
Forget it , the way we’re playing at the moment , there is no chance of us beating the Panthers

teke
05-08-18, 12:41 AM
What a nasty run home to finish off the season

gotitans101_
05-08-18, 03:32 AM
What a nasty run home to finish off the season

lol

Mr Bods
05-08-18, 07:03 AM
Even being drawn to play Parramatta is a nasty draw in our current predicament

DavidBouveng
05-08-18, 06:11 PM
Even being drawn to play Parramatta is a nasty draw in our current predicament
I see you on AFL forums, courier mail posts, bulletin posts, this forum, just spreading gloom like a sporting grinch.

Sport is meant to be fun mate - if it has you finding every square inch of the internet looking for places to piss on, your hanging on too tight.

I mean this to help you more than attack you, so if you need to chat offline i'm happy to be there, but you gotta find something enjoyable outside of GC sports to fill in the time that doesnt require such an emotional investment or you are just going to be miserable, and that's not fun for anyone.

Mr Bods
05-08-18, 06:27 PM
I see you on AFL forums, courier mail posts, bulletin posts, this forum, just spreading gloom like a sporting grinch.

Sport is meant to be fun mate - if it has you finding every square inch of the internet looking for places to piss on, your hanging on too tight.

I mean this to help you more than attack you, so if you need to chat offline i'm happy to be there, but you gotta find something enjoyable outside of GC sports to fill in the time that doesnt require such an emotional investment or you are just going to be miserable, and that's not fun for anyone.

You’d be surprised how little time it takes to look at the 2 forums and 2 papers actually and not that I should justify myself to you but I’ve had a lovely day with my wife thanks very much and really am not in need of condescension like that.

If you were for real you would have sent me a PM.
My posts reflect the current situation of our teams and I look forward to the day where they can reflect good times for the long suffering fans particularly for long term Gold Coasters.

I don’t do other social media like Facebook etc.
Anyway that post of yours sucks. I’ll be me and you be you.

PS-I probably would like to be a little less frequent and I’m thinking of dropping the commenting in the CM because it’s just a vicious place. Stand up for the GC in there and you get pummelled.
So I do take your post on board to a point.

DavidBouveng
05-08-18, 06:59 PM
You’d be surprised how little time it takes to look at the 2 forums and 2 papers actually and not that I should justify myself to you but I’ve had a lovely day with my wife thanks very much and really am not in need of condescension like that.

If you were for real you would have sent me a PM.
My posts reflect the current situation of our teams and I look forward to the day where they can reflect good times for the long suffering fans particularly for long term Gold Coasters.

I don’t do other social media like Facebook etc.
Anyway that post of yours sucks. I’ll be me and you be you.

PS-I probably would like to be a little less frequent and I’m thinking of dropping the commenting in the CM because it’s just a vicious place. Stand up for the GC in there and you get pummelled.
So I do take your post on board to a point.

I'd say cool story bro, but this wouldn't be the right time

all fair points, and if i had have thought of reaching out before i posted instead of halfway through i would have gone the PM route, so that's on me and noted.

i always think we should be ourselves on here, and wouldn't want you to change at all per se, I just do get concerned for people who invest a lot in a team that isn't giving enough back - its like a bad religion sometimes - all the suffering for the feint hope of something wonderful in the distant future.

So my intent was decent, but was well hidden in my aggressive tone, so apologies all round Bods. hope your well and glad a titans fan was able to wash away the putrid stink of last night to enjoy a wonderful winter Sunday in the beautiful City

Mr Bods
05-08-18, 07:11 PM
^^^ ha ha yeah what’s this cool story bro thing I saw that somewhere last night on here
I have great respect for you DB. All good.
I just do sms with mates, the 2 forums, nothing else......honestly I wish I didn’t ever go into the murky world of CM comments as that’s such an ugly nasty place.
I think I’ll drop that one.
But yeah mate I do love the forums as you get to communicate with people that know the sport and really care. For me it’s a positive thing and a nice distraction/outlet away from work and the usual day to day responsibilities.

DavidBouveng
05-08-18, 07:21 PM
^^^ ha ha yeah what’s this cool story bro thing I saw that somewhere last night on here
I have great respect for you DB. All good.
I just do sms with mates, the 2 forums, nothing else......honestly I wish I didn’t ever go into the murky world of CM comments as that’s such an ugly nasty place.
I think I’ll drop that one.
But yeah mate I do love the forums as you get to communicate with people that know the sport and really care. For me it’s a positive thing and a nice distraction/outlet away from work and the usual day to day responsibilities.

speaking of Nasty - the lynch drama is lighting up those boards...almost tempted to wade in.

anyways back to the panthers - game plan - get ahead like a lot of teams do against them, then kill the lights and power to CBUS. simple.

also - will be good to see the other young half who was meant to be a competitor to Ash, but who has instead streaked away for many reasons, fitness and demeanor being two of the major ones.

Titanic
05-08-18, 11:11 PM
Hey DB, you just reminded me of something that happened years ago. I was coaching Norths in Mackay and we were hosting the Fish one Saturday night. We were top of the ladder and they were way down but they ambushed us and we were facing a hiding. Early in the second half the lights went out and didn’t come back on. A frantic meeting was held mid-field lit by Bic lighters and it was decided that a replay Monday was the go. The rumors circulated that an albatross had flown into a power main and shorted the grid. We dutifully turned up on said Monday and flogged them to nil. Funny thing was that my team manager worked for Mackay Power and his nickname was .... ?

DavidBouveng
06-08-18, 05:25 AM
haha i dont know. Alby?

tell me!

shamus
06-08-18, 05:39 AM
Albatross?

JunctionBlock
06-08-18, 07:10 AM
Mark the spark the electrician?

Mr Bods
06-08-18, 05:29 PM
If we could just see some positive form from Taylor and Cartwright in the remaining rounds then the playing group can be positive about the off season and it would encourage members to joyfully Renew.
I think Hurrell is showing some signs of being a good footballer again.
Be nice to see a barnstormer from Wallace too before seasons end.
Peats service from dummy half has been clunky too but I think Taylor being flat footed and not looking for the ball enthusiastically has played a part in that.

And one other thing-we need to fight off the wooden spoon, we aren’t safe yet. No way are we.

Titanic Believer
06-08-18, 05:39 PM
Griffin gone. Will the Panthers cut loose like their last two games but for the full game?

JunctionBlock
06-08-18, 06:41 PM
Not sure how I fel about this but hopefully Brennan is on the phone looking for all the details he can about possible game plans etc hahaha

DIEHARD
06-08-18, 09:34 PM
Hey team, sorry Im really out of action until end of next week. Getting married. Missed the Eels game but was following the scores and twitter while I was at the Outback Spectacular. Eeekkk!

Fun Fact. When this game kicks off that is when my wedding starts, 3pm. :laugh:

JunctionBlock
07-08-18, 05:11 AM
All the best for the big day.

Titanic
07-08-18, 06:26 AM
Fun Fact. When this game kicks off that is when my wedding starts, 3pm. :laugh:More like; when the wedding kicks off, the games begin! :banana:All the very best mate.

ozynorts
07-08-18, 07:50 AM
Hey team, sorry Im really out of action until end of next week. Getting married. Missed the Eels game but was following the scores and twitter while I was at the Outback Spectacular. Eeekkk!

So will one of the grooms have a phone to keep checking the score? ;)

DavidBouveng
07-08-18, 08:11 AM
So will one of the grooms have a phone to keep checking the score? ;)

If he doesn't, is he even a groomsmen?

timor 2
07-08-18, 03:03 PM
Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Konrad Hurrell, 4 Brenko Lee, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 AJ Brimson, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Keegan Hipgrave, 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Moeaki Fotuaika,16 Jack Stockwell, 17 Will Matthews

Reserves: 18 Leilani Latu, 19 Brendan Elliot, 20 Jai Whitbread, 21 Kane Elgey

Panthers: 1 Tyrone Peachey, 2 Josh Mansour, 3 Waqa Blake, 4 Dean Whare, 5 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, 6 James Maloney (c), 7 Nathan Cleary, 8 James Tamou, 9 Sione Katoa, 10 Reagan Campbell-Gillard, 11 Viliame Kikau, 12 Isaah Yeo, 13 James Fisher-Harris

Interchange: 14 Tyrone May, 15 Trent Merrin, 16 Moses Leota, 17 Corey Harawira-Naera

Reserves: 18 Christian Crichton, 19 Jack Hetherington, 20 Kaide Ellis, 21 Wayde Egan

Titans: Keegan Hipgrave returns in the second row, pushing Will Matthews to the bench and Jai Whitbread to the reserves.

Panthers: Reagan Campbell-Gillard returns to the run-on side for Moses Leota in Penrith's only change.

Titanic
07-08-18, 03:24 PM
Friggin’ Matthews must be Brennan’s brother in law.

Upthetits
07-08-18, 04:10 PM
The seasons done. Give jai whitbread a run over Mathew's. Think about next year..

Mr Bods
07-08-18, 04:14 PM
Friggin’ Matthews must be Brennan’s brother in law.

It’s mind boggling. We still have Ryan Simpkins on our list. I rate Ryan higher than Will. Both have nothing to give in attack but I trust Simpkins more in defence yet Brennan selects Matthews ahead of Whitbread and Latu.

Ausphin
07-08-18, 06:28 PM
It’s mind boggling. We still have Ryan Simpkins on our list. I rate Ryan higher than Will. Both have nothing to give in attack but I trust Simpkins more in defence yet Brennan selects Matthews ahead of Whitbread and Latu.

Look, I'm not a fan of Matthews either, but unfortunately he is the extent of our depth for an edge forward (not including Cartwright). Obviously if desperate you can play James there, but Brennan obviously prefers him playing big minutes in the middle. If Proctor or Hipgrave get injured or fatigued we need coverage.

I think going into next season it is a real area of concern for me. I like Hipgrave as bench depth, but was keen on the idea of maybe getting Alex Glenn from the Broncos.

He also could play Centre if required due to injury within a game. Given our current team, if mid game one of our centres went off injured what would be our plan.

Either Proctor, Hipgrave or Matthews to the centres (God forbid) or Peats in the halves, Rein to hooker, Brimson to fullback, Gordon to the centres or Gordon to the wing and Sami in the centres.

Having a player like Alex Glenn would provide a lot of flexibility.

JunctionBlock
07-08-18, 06:58 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4fTLnmy.png

C-Whiz
08-08-18, 07:49 AM

Haha, I just made a comment about the date in the wedding thread. I said to enjoy your last days as a free man.:thumbsup:

Now, footy...

This coaching fiasco has to be a free pass for us against the Panthers. Won't be any BS about winning one for the new coach etc. I'm hoping they are a rabble. Their heads won't be on the game. Upset on the cards. I'll be getting on at +7.5.

DIEHARD
08-08-18, 06:07 PM
This coaching fiasco has to be a free pass for us against the Panthers. Won't be any BS about winning one for the new coach etc. I'm hoping they are a rabble. Their heads won't be on the game. Upset on the cards. I'll be getting on at +7.5.

Yea if ever there was a chance... this is it.

Titanic Believer
09-08-18, 04:29 PM
Yea if ever there was a chance... this is it.

I see it the other way. If they were really over Griffin they may come out with their tails up ready to run amok. yikes!!! we better not take them lightly.

Upthetits
10-08-18, 08:57 AM
I see it the other way. If they were really over Griffin they may come out with their tails up ready to run amok. yikes!!! we better not take them lightly.

Agreed. Hopefully we don't get spanked in this game

JunctionBlock
10-08-18, 03:50 PM
https://i.imgur.com/OJXIW1P.png

Looks like Lee is out. Elliot in.

Mr Bods
10-08-18, 03:54 PM
^^^ what’s the issue with Lee? His defensive efforts were an embarrassment last week so he probably deserves to be dropped but there was no injury issue was there?

JunctionBlock
10-08-18, 04:05 PM
Not sure Bodsy. I'm guessing it was injury of some sort as I wouldn't think they would give Elliot a run when (from memory or maybe it wasn't confirmed) he is leaving for super league at years end.

BundyTitan
10-08-18, 05:03 PM
Lee is out with a hamstring injury.

Mr Bods
10-08-18, 05:36 PM
Lee is out with a hamstring injury.

I wonder if he hurt it by trying to tackle Hayne by holding onto the elastic at the back of his shorts and being dragged over the line

JunctionBlock
10-08-18, 06:26 PM
Unconfirmed reports that Gordon broke his wrist at training today too.

Mr Bods
10-08-18, 06:31 PM

Keep the good news coming JB

JunctionBlock
10-08-18, 06:40 PM
Keep the good news coming JB

TRoberts captain next year.

Mr Bods
10-08-18, 06:44 PM
TRoberts captain next year.

Ok now you are just next level trolling me

The odds for us winning hasn’t blown out yet. I reckon if the bookies got hold of the info that Gordon was out it would see our odds blow out a bit so I’m hoping you got bad info on Mick

Titanic
10-08-18, 06:59 PM
Let’s TRD to fb and Matthews in the centers

- - - Updated - - -

I see it the other way. If they were really over Griffin they may come out with their tails up ready to run amok. yikes!!! we better not take them lightly.me too unfortunately and I’m taking people :(

Dobes
10-08-18, 07:36 PM

Brimson to FB, Elgey to 5/8 is what should be imo (if that’s true)

GCTTSD
10-08-18, 07:55 PM
Brimson to FB, Elgey to 5/8 is what should be imo (if that’s true)

I want elgey at 6 but if he's definitely leaving next year I'd go with Sami or one of or young guys like Cooper at FB, see how they go and keep brimson at 6 where he's been our best half, but then I'd love elgey to come on and make Garth look silly by having a blinder

Titanic
11-08-18, 08:06 AM
Nothing, nada, zip and zero in the Bulletin about the game.

Mr Bods
11-08-18, 08:24 AM
Any news on Gordon?

Mr Bods
11-08-18, 10:07 AM
Pretty pleased about today’s Curtain Raiser
Think I’ll go down early today

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 10:09 AM
Any news on Gordon?

Haven't hear anything else. May have been a lie.

DavidBouveng
11-08-18, 10:18 AM
I want elgey at 6 but if he's definitely leaving next year I'd go with Sami or one of or young guys like Cooper at FB, see how they go and keep brimson at 6 where he's been our best half, but then I'd love elgey to come on and make Garth look silly by having a blinder

I Think we are not re signing Cooper, so i doubt they would waste a debut or jersey on him. Sami or Don maybe, but would be cool for Elgey to have a crack.

Upthetits
11-08-18, 10:29 AM
I Think we are not re signing Cooper, so i doubt they would waste a debut or jersey on him. Sami or Don maybe, but would be cool for Elgey to have a crack.

Not progressing as expected? Attitude issues? Any info would be nice :)

Titan68
11-08-18, 11:43 AM
Knowing our luck , he’ll bring in Cartwrong

gotitans101_
11-08-18, 12:20 PM
News going around on Twitter that there will be no Ash Taylor today. Not sure why but keep an eye on team lists.

Mr Bods
11-08-18, 12:41 PM
News going around on Twitter that there will be no Ash Taylor today. Not sure why but keep an eye on team lists.

I’ve seen him here at the ground with the headphones and looks like he’s got his game face on

gotitans101_
11-08-18, 12:46 PM
I’ve seen him here at the ground with the headphones and looks like he’s got his game face on

Thanks mate. I was secretly hoping the rumours were true...

Mr Bods
11-08-18, 12:51 PM
We have got to have a women’s NRL team as soon as possible
This is great stuff live

BundyTitan
11-08-18, 01:04 PM
Gordon confirmed out with a wrist injury. Good mail JB.

Now we get to see how Brimson goes at FB, very interested to see.

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 01:07 PM
Elgey gets a run too. This will be interesting what attitude he takes into the game.

Mr Bods
11-08-18, 01:07 PM
Gordon confirmed out with a wrist injury. Good mail JB.

Now we get to see how Brimson goes at FB, very interested to see.

JB on the money
Crappy news though

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 01:08 PM
https://i.imgur.com/FlWf5r5.png

Detwelve12
11-08-18, 01:08 PM
Brismon has been moved to fullback and Elgey is in the 6.

Mr Bods
11-08-18, 01:19 PM
As per usual Fox Sports taking the piss on our community by having Parker, Hodges and Henry doing the commentary

gotitans101_
11-08-18, 01:20 PM
No Brenko?

Dooldog76
11-08-18, 01:42 PM
Gordon is out. AJ to full back with Elgey at 5/8. I suppose a look at what could have been

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 01:44 PM
Brenko hammy, Gordon wrist injury (possibly season ending).

Mr Bods
11-08-18, 01:48 PM
Imagine if AJ and LG have blinders and Taylor has another indifferent effort today

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 02:04 PM
Yew, great start. Hopefully we can play with confidence.

Randomologist
11-08-18, 02:09 PM
If Leo can't get a run now over someone going to England he'll never get a run

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 02:20 PM
If Leo can't get a run now over someone going to England he'll never get a run

Is he contracted?

He wasn't named in the 21.

He has no NRL experience?

Not sure why he won't "ever" get a run.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF is going on with Taylor?!?!?! Forward pass, pass to no one, kick out on the full.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I hate Hurrell. Never have I seen more of a cluster %$^& than that moron.

Much love for AJ.

C-Whiz
11-08-18, 02:26 PM
Hurrel always tries to do too much. His best asset is his damaging running, hold the friggin' ball and try to run over people.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and lets not forget Brad DIEHARD is probably giving up his freedom as we watch this game!
All the best Brad, congrats and all the best for the future.

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 02:28 PM
I can hear the shackle being clamped on.

All the best, glad you got some fantastic weather for the day.

C-Whiz
11-08-18, 02:35 PM
Who the fark told Hurrel to try and be a half?????

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 02:41 PM
I love how Hurrell commits all these defensive errors and then just jogs back when the play is still in action with no concern to making up for his stupidity of shooting up out of the line (as always).

Rein on early this week.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to jinx us, sorry. Lets see if we can actually out score a team with 12 players this week.

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 02:51 PM
What a half of footy to watch AJ at Fullback. What a player we have.

Our right side is just an absolute bucket of pus (excluding Don).

gotitans101_
11-08-18, 02:51 PM
contender for one of the worst halves of football all year. Both teams way too many errors.

Whats Doing
11-08-18, 02:55 PM
We have just no go forward and Elliot is a total liability. Elgey going well

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 02:57 PM
contender for one of the worst halves of football all year. Both teams way too many errors.

Really, I was entertained.

Dooldog76
11-08-18, 02:58 PM
Gee, Hurrell is playing like he’s under pressure. Elgey looks great!

gotitans101_
11-08-18, 03:00 PM
Really, I was entertained.

I guess it's a nice change from seeing us leak countless amounts of points every week. With the way Penrith are playing we should be way on top but we aren't.

Anyway, hopefully we dig in in the second half and put them away early.

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 03:05 PM
I guess it's a nice change from seeing us let in countless amounts of tries every week. With the way Penrith are playing we should be way on top but we aren't.

Anyway, hopefully we dig in in the second half and put them away early.

That's probably how I'm looking at it too. But to have the opportunity to watch AJ at fullback as well has been worth the price of admission. Both teams have the ability to lift for a second half so expecting and hoping for a great back and forth finish.

Not sure how much longer we (the club) can continue to ignore Taylors form. He needs a lot of help and we're spending a lot of money on him. Maybe cancelling his Fornite account and a dietitian would be a good start.

teke
11-08-18, 03:12 PM
Dam LG is gonna link unbelievably with dce next yr lol

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 03:15 PM
Dam LG is gonna link unbelievably with dce next yr lol

You should re-sign Myles and get the band back together.

- - - Updated - - -

Brad, if you're not already hitched, I'd marry Brimson.

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 03:29 PM
Is Don is Good!

teke
11-08-18, 03:40 PM
Imagine being a panthers fan :laugh:

Titans need much better go forward to let Taylor lg and brimson run loose

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 03:44 PM
How many times does Koni get to rush out of the line (not to anyone attacking) and then trot back to his defensive line shaking his head after everyone cleans up his mess? It's getting old.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine being a panthers fan :laugh:

Titans need much better go forward to let Taylor lg and brimson run loose

Imagine being Anthony Griffin. :laugh:

teke
11-08-18, 03:44 PM
How many times does Koni get to rush out of the line (not to anyone attacking) and then trot back to his defensive line shaking his head after everyone cleans up his mess? It's getting old.about 30 times this yr id say

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 03:58 PM
about 30 times this yr id say

And that's only because I haven't seen him play for Tweed.

- - - Updated - - -

Matthews comes on and our left side goes to pudding

- - - Updated - - -

Well we are guilty of counting our chickens. Thank goodness Cleary just choked on that kick.

gotitans101_
11-08-18, 03:59 PM
oh wow dsdssds

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 04:06 PM
oh wow dsdssds

I think you've had a stroke

- - - Updated - - -

You know what, I'm not hurting. AJ, Don, Rein, James all stood up as usual. The usual few sucked like they do week in week out. We lost that one. Congrats to the Pennies.

gotitans101_
11-08-18, 04:08 PM
I think you've had a stroke

- - - Updated - - -

You know what, I'm not hurting. AJ, Don, Rein, James all stood up as usual. The usual few sucked like they do week in week out. We lost that one. Congrats to the Pennies.

Ash's shot which gave them a 7 tackle set lost us that game.

Mr Bods
11-08-18, 04:08 PM
Well that totally sucks

Titanic Believer
11-08-18, 04:11 PM
Gutted! after promising myself I wouldn't get my hopes up again this year. Then this....!

NZTITAN
11-08-18, 04:11 PM
And thats the difference between Ash Taylor and Nathan Cleary

lonegull
11-08-18, 04:12 PM
Terrible game management from Ash in the last 5 minutes, kicking for touch allowed the panthers to reset every time. Elgey still can’t tackle

indoallstars
11-08-18, 04:14 PM
That burns

Mr Bods
11-08-18, 04:15 PM
I continue to be a bit worried about the Spoon
Going to be tough to regroup for next week
That was seriously cruel that we didn’t close that out

Dooldog76
11-08-18, 04:18 PM
Well, that was soul crushing

rj62
We didn’t deserve that. That was our game

JunctionBlock
Ash's shot which gave them a 7 tackle set lost us that game.

Well at least he backed himself and had a shot rather than hiding from it. Didn't work out.

NZTitan, yes Cleary is a better player undoubtedly, but he was in and out of that game up until the last 8 mins when he took over.

I just think back to where I was last week and like I said, I'm gutted, but not hurting.

indoallstars
11-08-18, 04:21 PM
I know it won't happen but would love to see Atay dropped to give him a reality check before the 2019 season.

On another note how good was AJ at fullback, made this game worth watching.

Dooldog76
11-08-18, 04:29 PM
Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but a few repeat sets in the last 10 mins would’ve been nice.

- - - Updated - - -

What made it worse was some drunk panthers fan yelling out “we’re the comeback kings”.

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 04:39 PM
Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but a few repeat sets in the last 10 mins would’ve been nice.

- - - Updated - - -

What made it worse was some drunk panthers fan yelling out “we’re the comeback kings”.

Should have told him you didn't want to hear about his sex life.

Dooldog76
11-08-18, 04:48 PM
Should have told him you didn't want to hear about his sex life.

Gold!!!

DavidBouveng
11-08-18, 05:00 PM
Ash was our third best half behind our fullback and the Q Cup kid.

That drop goal was lazy and such poor game management. He wanted the quick fix and not to work hard for 2 moinutes 3 seconds more till half time.

from 40+ metres it needs to be a smart kick to corner and make them go 95 metres in 6 tackles, instead of going 80 in 7.

Unless you are an elite field goal exponent - a pot shot from 40 is just awful. the better teams have evolved past that and we wont be one until we start playing smart which comes back to a lack of coaching for the end game or lack of discipline / execution.

Beyond furious as its just sort of summing up Ash in a nutshell right now. AJ is making him look second rate.

Elgey looked decent except for the trash defence at the end, but Ash also got walked over for Kikau to set up the match winner.

AJ was immense in every respect. His defence at the back on the line was at tenacious and effective as we have EVER had. hayne didnt care enough and Zillman wasnt good enough. AJ has the ambition, the guts, the determination and the willpower to bring down guys much bigger or at least hold the ball up. couldnt be more impressed with him, and if he keeps this up for the last few games could walk away with the Paul Broughton Medal. James and Arrow were early contenders but have fallen away since Origin.

- - - Updated - - -

that said - AJ is good everywhere so im still not sold on him being FB over 5/8th, but it was a good audition.

Im not going to give it too much thought, just good to know after the Zillman / Hayne days we have 3 FB's for next year that could do a good job.

gotitans101_
11-08-18, 05:06 PM
Elgey's defence is still poor but I reckon he had a much better game than Taylor today.

DavidBouveng
11-08-18, 05:17 PM
Elgey's defence is still poor but I reckon he had a much better game than Taylor today.

no doubt about it, Kane was much better. end of season cant come quick enough for Ash.

Titanic Believer
11-08-18, 05:17 PM
Stats don't really indicate "we were the better team". There were two incompetent teams but one knows how to win and that's what the game is about.

Good to see AJ at FB and Elgey get a chance again. its the only meaning I could get out of the game, win or lose. Although, the spoon is looming. If we cant win a game like that when will we?

Hurrel has an uncanny ability to stuff things up at critical times...
Fotuaika is our best frontrower by a country mile.

DavidBouveng
11-08-18, 05:23 PM
Stats don't really indicate "we were the better team". There were two incompetent teams but one knows how to win and that's what the game is about.

Good to see AJ at FB and Elgey get a chance again. its the only meaning I could get out of the game, win or lose. Although, the spoon is looming. If we cant win a game like that when will we?

Hurrel has an uncanny ability to stuff things up at critical times...
Fotuaika is our best frontrower by a country mile.

AJ, Mofo and Sami are this years absolute standout stories for us, as well as Arrow obviously.

but AJ and Mofo are teenagers showing their origin fancied elders how its done

Barrels
11-08-18, 05:51 PM
really hurting after that one, team just keeps finding ways to let me down

gotitans101_
11-08-18, 06:07 PM
Brennan used Bodsy's favourite line in the presser: "We're a young team"

lol

Mr Bods
11-08-18, 06:20 PM
^^^ yeah I’d like to compare Penrith’s ages with ours and The Drongoes ages too
I don’t think the excuse cuts it one bit
I wish he wouldn’t say it
Footballers love excuses
Stop Playing with my head Garth!!

JunctionBlock
11-08-18, 06:23 PM
"It's a bump in the journey and we'll learn from that..." Not sure what a losing coach is supposed to say.

Michael Gordon dislocated wrist that required surgery to put back in.

teke
11-08-18, 06:35 PM
I enjoyed the game and they were that close to beating a top 4 side. They also showed a glimpse of AJ at fb for next yr

gotitans101_
11-08-18, 06:52 PM
Dare I say the AJ / Elgey combo (even with AJ at FB like he was in his last few games of Qcup) could have worked if we didn't choose to get rid of Elgey. They looked really comfortable playing together in those games that I saw too. ATay is the elephant in the room and I have no idea what we can do about him.

Titan68
11-08-18, 07:06 PM
Ash , needs time in Q-CUP , but for some reason , Brennan won’t do it. Why because Ash is his little princess

rj62
11-08-18, 07:25 PM
Fact remains both LG and Ash can’t tackle. Both were at fault for the last two tries that cost us the game.

Brimson on the other hand...

JunctionBlock
12-08-18, 07:53 AM
Does anyone know why we leave KP out there for 80 minutes but our left side goes through two or three changes on that edge defender?

As we spoke about last week, Ash needs the club to get some external help on a semi permanent base to really help his on field dilemas.

The club also needs to demand from him what we are paying for, which is the same for a few of our players that aren't even in the NRL squad.

Mr Bods
12-08-18, 03:05 PM
Does anyone know why we leave KP out there for 80 minutes but our left side goes through two or three changes on that edge defender?

As we spoke about last week, Ash needs the club to get some external help on a semi permanent base to really help his on field dilemas.

The club also needs to demand from him what we are paying for, which is the same for a few of our players that aren't even in the NRL squad.

I could be wrong but I think 2 interchanges are used per game on the left edge. Once when Hipgrave goes off and once when he returns.
I’ll say it till I’m blue in the face but I’d love to see Proctor/James as our 2nd rows and we attempt to (barring injury) use all of our interchanges on the middle of the field quartet.
James has the tank and skill set to play 80 mins on that edge and he can really then wind up and use his quality with each carry.

Titanic
12-08-18, 09:34 PM
Sitting in the stands, counting tackles, just one more and they to have to run it ... they do and we jersey grab ... enjoyed the game though.

ozynorts
13-08-18, 07:10 AM
I’ll say it till I’m blue in the face but I’d love to see Proctor/James as our 2nd rows and we attempt to (barring injury) use all of our interchanges on the middle of the field quartet.
James has the tank and skill set to play 80 mins on that edge and he can really then wind up and use his quality with each carry.

The fox commentators asked Henry during the game what James's best position was and he said that he lacked the leg speed to be a top edge forward but at prop he can go all day and use his strength better.
I like James in the middle as he does a lot of the clean up work that goes unnoticed and you can tell if he goes off as the middle isn't as stiff in defence.

DIEHARD
13-08-18, 03:55 PM
I'll have to catch up on the game and this thread. Devastated we couldn't win this on. Obviously I thoughtfully scheduled my wedding for kick off time. But was getting score updates off people. While we were taking photos it was looking promising, then into golden point time.

On the issue of "young teams" I always hated the "Baby Broncos" excuse which really got overused. Yea when the term came to use it had meaning, but now they just aren't supplying that number of players to the Origin teams, so I put that in the cop out basket.

Menoitios
14-08-18, 11:31 AM
Just on young teams...I had a bloke come up to me the other day and start commenting on how Garth must be a pretty ordinary coach if the broncs and panthers young sides are anything to go by. I couldn't believe the blatant stupidity of that remark!

I asked him, "How long have the panthers and bronco's young blokes been together in the same system?". No answer.

We have new young team members and a new coach FFS!!

I can't wait for next year so I can catch up with some blokes I know and see if they need a hand wiping the egg off their faces. lol It's like they don't even watch the game or have any idea how coaching and team systems operate. It never stops them from death riding us though.