PDA

View Full Version : Round 21: EELS vs TITANS

DIEHARD
29-07-18, 03:01 PM
5:30pm Saturday 3 August. ANZ Stadium

JunctionBlock
29-07-18, 03:17 PM
I would like to see a hit put on Hayne that will see him cower in the sheds with an "injury".

DIEHARD
29-07-18, 03:25 PM
Oh yes, here we go, a Hayne grudge match. Hope the Titans can inflict some pain on Hayne and the Eels and help hand them the spoon.

Mr Bods
29-07-18, 04:28 PM
This is so important to long suffering fans that we play hard and ruthless against Parramatta
I couldn’t cope with Hayne having a good game and them winning
What a slap in the face it would be.

Hayne will lift for this game. We need to expect him to be at his best.

GCTTSD
29-07-18, 05:10 PM
Should be giving hiphrave orders to take Haynes head off

DIEHARD
29-07-18, 05:24 PM
Should be giving hiphrave orders to take Haynes head off

I laughed out loud.

DavidBouveng
29-07-18, 08:33 PM
this is a game we should win. lets not mess around.

teke
30-07-18, 01:14 PM
this is a game we should win.So that probably means Hayne scores a double and man of the match.

DavidBouveng
30-07-18, 02:16 PM
So that probably means Hayne scores a double and man of the match.

imagine what he would do to Manly right now then?

Mr Bods
30-07-18, 04:24 PM
Can’t help but feel a bit annoyed about this season in some ways because of 3 players on huge money
1-The Million Dollar Halfback has gone backwards and has often sooked it or turned it up and at age 23 that doesn’t cut it anymore
2-Cartwright we have got zero from and in fact has embarrassed us
3-Hurrell after round 1 was described by our coach as his favourite centre yet spent most of his time in reserve grade

If we get half decent seasons from those 3 then things could have been so much better

Some of the stuff Taylor did on Sunday was putrid and the scoreline shouldn’t protect him from that. There was also an article last week where he had a crack at Titans supporters for criticising him...that’s just so worrying to me as to whether he has it in him to be the Leader and Star Player worthy of the moolah that WE are paying him.

So in summary, there is a few boxes to tick for us to get excited about next season.
We need to see encouraging signs from Taylor, Cartwright and to a lesser extent Hurrell.

We get that in the remaining rounds and 2019 can’t come quick enough

Mr Bods
30-07-18, 05:31 PM
this is a game we should win. lets not mess around.

Parramatta are favourites.

JunctionBlock
30-07-18, 06:26 PM

Load up....

DavidBouveng
30-07-18, 06:39 PM

does that render my statement incorrect?

Mr Bods
30-07-18, 06:45 PM
does that render my statement incorrect?

No. It’s just an observation to provoke discussion.

DavidBouveng
30-07-18, 06:48 PM
ok well the discussion is that the bookies are flogs, and there are some people down there will misplaced trust in parramatta.

and as JB said - LOAD UP before they get wise to it.

Mr Bods
30-07-18, 06:53 PM
ok well the discussion is that the bookies are flogs, and there are some people down there will misplaced trust in parramatta.

and as JB said - LOAD UP before they get wise to it.

Can we trust our playing group enough to have the maturity to put in good performances two weeks in a row?

We just saw the Suns take down the Swans at the SCG and then a week later be total bustards against by far the worst team in the AFL in Carlton.

That’s my only concern.

DavidBouveng
30-07-18, 07:06 PM
yeah we definitely have it in us to screw the poochie, but we should win, just as Suns should have won.... i think we are a better team than them and also have faith that the Eels are mentally ruined from almost beating Souths

Titanic
30-07-18, 07:17 PM
Parkwood anyone? Game is at 5:30 Saturday, perfect for ... bbq’d Eel

teke
30-07-18, 07:20 PM
Goodluck picking winner of this match, it's a toss up

JunctionBlock
31-07-18, 05:37 AM
Historically we are the Eels "hoodoo" team. Happy for the odds to stay up if no one wants to bet on them.

timor 2
31-07-18, 03:00 PM
Parramatta Eels v Gold Coast Titans, Saturday 5.30pm at ANZ Stadium

Eels: 1 Clint Gutherson (c), 2 Bevan French, 3 Michael Jennings, 4 Jarryd Hayne, 5 George Jennings, 6 Corey Norman, 7 Mitchell Moses, 8 Siosaia Vave, 9 Reed Mahoney, 10 Tim Mannah (c), 11 Marata Niukore, 12 Tepai Moeroa, 13 Nathan Brown

Interchange: 14 Jaeman Salmon, 15 Kane Evans, 16 Peni Terepo, 17 Brad Takairangi

Reserves: 18 Will Smith, 19 David Gower, 20 Greg Leleisiuao, 21 Raymond Stone

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Konrad Hurrell, 4 Brenko Lee, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 AJ Brimson, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Keegan Hipgrave, 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Moeaki Fotuaika,16 Jack Stockwell, 17 Will Matthews

Reserves: 18 Leilani Latu, 19 Brendan Elliot, 20 Jai Whitbread, 21 Kane Elgey

Eels: Winger George Jennings (groin strain) returns, allowing Jarryd Hayne to shift back to centre and Brad Takairangi to the bench. Reed Mahoney starts at hooker for Kaysa Pritchard (shoulder) with Jaeman Salmon to make his debut as the bench utility. Tim Mannah starts at prop with Daniel Alvaro (knee/concussion) out. Kane Evans has been recalled on the bench with David Gower dropping to the reserves.

Titans: The Gold Coast are unchanged.

JunctionBlock
31-07-18, 03:19 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1raY3G7.png

DIEHARD
31-07-18, 03:59 PM
I reckon this is the game that Ash turns it around.

I notice that Hayne is playing centre and not wing.

Titanic
31-07-18, 06:27 PM
I notice that the Pipe-Cleaner chews up another spot :(

Mr Bods
31-07-18, 06:51 PM
I notice that the Pipe-Cleaner chews up another spot :(

I thought Morgan Boyle might be a mainstay and a game breaker and now he can’t make the 21.
Every week it amazes me.

Titanic
31-07-18, 07:01 PM
Bodsie, I saw today that he’s going in for surgery after doing his shoulder again in Moresby last weekend.

DavidBouveng
31-07-18, 07:02 PM
I thought Morgan Boyle might be a mainstay and a game breaker and now he can’t make the 21.
Every week it amazes me.
i think hes been injured or playing underdone waiting for an injury to heal but it hasnt and he is now booked in for season ending surgery. hopefully that is the only real reason

Mr Bods
31-07-18, 07:06 PM
i think hes been injured or playing underdone waiting for an injury to heal but it hasnt and he is now booked in for season ending surgery. hopefully that is the only real reason

Thanks for the update DB
Such a disappointing season for him
At least with Max King we saw some really encouraging signs early in the year
Morgan just like Cartwright was a total wipeout

- - - Updated - - -

Bodsie, I saw today that he’s going in for surgery after doing his shoulder again in Moresby last weekend.

Shoulder Surgery is a bit concerning. Fingers Crossed it goes well and he has a full pre-season, Morgan can’t afford an interrupted pre-season after this years disappointing year.

DIEHARD
01-08-18, 03:13 PM
Titans ready for anything from unpredictable Hayne
https://www.nrl.com/ Neil Cadigan

Gold Coast Titans players say the biggest threat from their former teammate Jarryd Hayne this Saturday is the unpredictability of where he will strike on the field.

Hayne will come up against the Titans for the first time since last year's 22-game stint with the club that produced little joy.

The 30-year-old dual Dally M Medal winner has in the past month shown his best form since leaving the game to chase his NFL dream in 2014, and Titans players know he will be pumped up to make a point against them at ANZ Stadium on Saturday.

And they don't believe he will stick to the left centre where he will be a threat to opposing man Brenko Lee, and Ash Taylor and Anthony Don inside and out. They expect him to come at them all over the park.

"He's looking in good shape and been getting more involved in games," said Taylor. "He's so versatile, so he's going to be a massive threat to us with him taking on his new roving role.

"We're expecting the best of him this week and we have to be ready for him.

"We have to tip the other side [of the field] when he's coming because he's been cropping up all over the place. We have to look up and see who is there in their shape."

Experienced fullback Michael Gordon said Hayne's penchant for bringing out something special on big occasions was a threat to the Titans. He has no doubt the fact Hayne was criticised for his form at the Gold Coast will be a motivating factor.

"He's a massive threat no matter how he's playing; he's one of those players who seems to be able to rise to any occasion and when he is challenged it brings out the best in him," Gordon said.

"The danger thing for us is if he crops up on the other side of the field it has to be high alert and the whole team has to have their heads up and eyes out for him, and plenty of other players too to be honest.

"We can't concentrate too much on Hayne because they have plenty of other strike, but we have to be aware where he is."

Taylor said the Titans' win against the Warriors on Sunday, and the higher involvement of halves partner AJ Brimson, had given him a confidence boost and may have reduced the defensive pressure thrown at him.

Taylor admitted he felt like he had a target on his back and was exposed to heavy attention while Brimson was finding his feet, but now feels his 19-year-old partner has become a genuine threat to opposition teams.

"AJ has become a massive threat on that left edge and we can fire him at any stage," Taylor said.

"It's good we have the versatility of having two kickers in the team rather than me being like I've got a big target on my back.

"I've been in the game three years now and people know what is coming. So I have to keep trying to change little bits so I can keep them guessing.

"But in saying that we have to stick to our team structures as well, which we hadn't been doing in the previous few weeks."

When asked about an NRL.com report of Eels playmaker Cory Norman meeting with coach Garth Brennan about joining the club, and the speculation Tyrone Roberts returning, Taylor diplomatically claimed either would be a big boost to the Titans.

Roberts has told his Super League club Warrington he is heading back to Australia and several NRL clubs are thought to be interested, and Taylor doesn't hide the fact he'd like to have his mentor back on the Coast. Meanwhile Norman has had informal talks with Brennan and knows the Eels would be happy to offload him.

"I would love to see Tyrone back in Australia … he's like a brother to me and I miss him sometimes, that banter," Taylor said.

"If he ends on the Gold Coast it would be massive for me and massive for the club but, if not, I'd just be happy for him to be home.

"Both are great players with similar aspects to their game and I'm mates with both of them. 'Normy' has taken on such a leadership role at the Eels although it hasn't been going so well this year, but he can break open a game.

"And Tyrone is very skillful and showed what he can do when he was here and is going great at Warrington."

DIEHARD
02-08-18, 02:38 PM
Eels v Titans - Round 21
Can the Parramatta Eels rebound from last week's heartbreaking loss to South Sydney when they host the Gold Coast Titans? Zac Bailey asked Geoff Toovey and Brett Kimmorley on NRL Teams.

Video -> https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/02/eels-v-titans---round-21/

DIEHARD
02-08-18, 02:38 PM
Preview on League Unlimited
http://leagueunlimited.com/news/32289-eels-v-titans-preview/

Nols of the Goldy
02-08-18, 08:20 PM
Surprise surprise Eels are tipped to win by 4. It makes my brain hurt. Even the "experts" Wally and Lockyer tipped against us. WTF. :ugh::mad:

DavidBouveng
02-08-18, 09:28 PM
Surprise surprise Eels are tipped to win by 4. It makes my brain hurt. Even the "experts" Wally and Lockyer tipped against us. WTF. :ugh::mad:

Perfect.

I backed doggies tonight at $4.10, and can let it ride for the titans game. woot

DIEHARD
02-08-18, 10:14 PM
Perfect.

I backed doggies tonight at $4.10, and can let it ride for the titans game. woot

Nice odds. Happy to see the Broncos go down after winning many games they weren't entitled to.

DIEHARD
03-08-18, 11:13 AM
http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/IMG_2588.jpg

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/IMG_2589.jpg

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/IMG_2590.jpg

JunctionBlock
03-08-18, 12:17 PM
Sutton still being "punished"

NZFan
03-08-18, 04:53 PM
I'd like to see Whitbread in for Matthews. It's the time in the season to give some new guys a run. Would have minimal impact on team dynamic

JunctionBlock
03-08-18, 05:32 PM
I'd like to see Whitbread in for Matthews. It's the time in the season to give some new guys a run. Would have minimal impact on team dynamic

And say so all of us.

Upthetits
03-08-18, 06:02 PM

Agreed

Titanic
03-08-18, 09:29 PM
Brennan is taking a page out of the Cartwright/Henry book of selections and in particular the chapter entitled “I’m never wrong, see, if I pick him often enough we will eventually win one”.

Mr Bods
04-08-18, 07:35 AM
I see Brennan says that Hayne has no factor as a motivation for today. The guy has no connection at all with fans and members. Today is very important to us. If Parramatta win and Hayne has a blinder, does the Hayne Plane etc then my foot could well go through my TV.

Titanic
04-08-18, 09:00 AM
If Parramatta win and Hayne has a blinder, does the Hayne Plane etc then my foot could well go through my TV.Get the missus to tie you to the sofa.

Mr Bods
04-08-18, 09:03 AM
Get the missus to tie you to the sofa.

I’m expecting Hayne to be psyched up and wanting to have one of his 2 or 3 times a season blinders today.

Upthetits
04-08-18, 09:06 AM
Get the missus to tie you to the sofa.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

DavidBouveng
04-08-18, 09:49 AM
i think Brennan is correct if he meant that the players wouldn't use it as any motivation. that's a professional mindset.

i don't know if that's what he was saying, as obviously the fans do see it as a grudge match, but we don't have to focus on performance, we can lose our marbles then go on our merry way

Dooldog76
04-08-18, 01:38 PM
Alvaro is a big loss for the eels. He makes 30-40 tackles every week for them. I think we might get this one.

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 03:56 PM
https://i.imgur.com/f4i7Btg.png

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't seen what happened to Hipgrave. Anyone heard anything?

Mr Bods
04-08-18, 04:06 PM
There was nothing in the injury report on Wednesday

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 04:12 PM
No Hipgrave, yay.

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 04:24 PM
No Hipgrave, yay.

Replaced by Matthews boo

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 04:26 PM
There was nothing in the injury report on Wednesday

They said on ABC Grandstand he succumbed to injury. Don't know what injury though.

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 04:28 PM
Good to see Whitbread back in the team though.

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 04:39 PM
soft........

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 04:43 PM
Very. I hate it when we make mediocre players highlight reel.

- - - Updated - - -

No strapping on Arrows knee is a good sign. He looks enthusiastic too.

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 04:45 PM
Why is Wallace so soft ffs

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 04:46 PM
Knock on? By us? Must have seen something I didn't.

mdrew
04-08-18, 04:48 PM
horror start

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 04:49 PM
horror start

I've dropped a few C bombs already.

Nols of the Goldy
04-08-18, 04:50 PM
Get Mathews off for god sake.

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 04:50 PM
A few dubious calls already too tbh

Nols of the Goldy
04-08-18, 04:52 PM
The Don in again. It's embarrassing what they paid him to re sign. Saves our **** more often than not.

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 04:54 PM
Good to see how woeful Parramatta were just then. Nice finish by the Don.

Hail Sezer
04-08-18, 04:54 PM
The Don in again. It's embarrassing what they paid him to re sign. Saves our **** more often than not.

To be fair he was really the beneficiary of brenkos work inside him. Id expect most wingers to finish that these days

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 04:55 PM
French has signed for us, or he's at least playing for us.

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 04:55 PM
Wallace going through the motions.

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 04:56 PM
Thank goodness we scored there. I saw two penalties in that set of six which we weren't awarded.

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 04:59 PM
Wallace off Fotu on

Ronny
04-08-18, 05:04 PM
**** defence there!

teke
Brenko trying to stop Hayne scoring by tugging on the bottom of his shirt.

gotitans101_
I wish one of our forwards would run like Brown.

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 05:05 PM
Free interchange for getting hit across the chest.

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:06 PM
Wow, 1 & a half hours till the Roosters game and already circlejerking Latrell.

"Penalty sufficient mate", yes of course.

Ronny
04-08-18, 05:07 PM
this will be ugly based on the last 5 mins

BundyTitan
We don’t look likely this game. Bunch of shirt grabbers tonight that can’t tackle.

lonegull
Brenko lee is the worst defender I have seen

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:08 PM
Hey Garth, do you teach this team how to defend?

teke
04-08-18, 05:08 PM
Brenko touched him there lol

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:09 PM
Two turnstyle centres yet we're looking to sign more halves. Rightio then.

lonegull
04-08-18, 05:11 PM
How disinterested does Taylor look

Hail Sezer
04-08-18, 05:12 PM
Two turnstyle centres yet we're looking to sign more halves. Rightio then.

Copley and Peachey..?

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 05:13 PM
So what are we up to 6 -1 penalties?

lonegull
A few of our forwards wants to look how terepo runs bloody hard

gotitans101_
Copley and Peachey..?

Peachey falls off tackles all the time.

Ronny
04-08-18, 05:14 PM
left side again!

What are they doing. Jesus From playing great to this rubbish

gotitans101_
A few of our forwards wants to look how terepo runs bloody hard

Yeah Wallace. Does sfa in 15 minutes then bludges on the bench till midway through the second half.

lonegull
What a joke

Hail Sezer
04-08-18, 05:15 PM
Peachey falls off tackles all the time.

Yeah fair enough

You’re out the gates early this week mate :laugh:

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 05:16 PM
If you're looking for perfection in every area then I'm not sure what sport you can watch and enjoy. We're better than this. But as usual we get a floggin by the refs and our heads drop.

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:16 PM
Yeah fair enough

You’re out the gates early this week mate :laugh:

Just frustrating that we can't even beat Parra. Like wtf. We're that bad.

lonegull
04-08-18, 05:18 PM
Be interesting to see Taylor’s GPS map in this game for a so called dominant half he is happy to sit back

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:19 PM
Why do we just accept defence like that though? It's disgraceful.

- - - Updated - - -

Be interesting to see Taylor’s GPS map in this game for a so called dominant half he is happy to sit back

A massive 3 points on SC atm compared to AJ's 18. What a bludger. If you don't want to be there then **** off to QCup.

lonegull
04-08-18, 05:21 PM
What a disgraceful half of football dished up by the titans, we have no leaders it’s quiet evident

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 05:23 PM
Why do we just accept defence like that though? It's disgraceful.

Only people accepting defence like that are Parramatta fans and players. We are making errors across the park and it doesn't help when we are under a magnifying glass from the refs and Parra are given free reign. We aren't 6 times more ill disciplined. It's lopsided and frustrating.

BundyTitan
04-08-18, 05:23 PM
What a disgraceful half of football dished up by the titans, we have no leaders it’s quiet evident

Ryan James should be embarrassed with his effort that half, penalty after penalty and let in a soft try to Mannah. Not a captains effort that’s for sure.

TitansState
04-08-18, 05:24 PM
Feels like its that time of the season again. Great effort. How bout we do what we did last season but earlier...let some guys who actually want to be there, play.

Edit: Agreed about Ryan James ^ penalty after kickoffs, annoying as anything.

Dooldog76
04-08-18, 05:24 PM
Giving away soft penalties

Mr Bods
04-08-18, 05:26 PM
Brennan was right
Don’t worry about Hayne
Don’t worry about what matters to the fans
Just another game boys
It’s all good we had a win for once
I’m the coach of the year

Post game I can’t wait for “I said all along there might be some inconsistency along the way, we are a young team there’s no doubt about that”

There’s no doubt that was an embarrassment to the Gold Coast that indifferent crap effort

I hope I eat my words at Fulltime when the hindsight crew come along

Putrid Crap

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:27 PM
Brennan was right
Don’t worry about Hayne
Just another game boys

Post game I can’t wait for “I said all along there might be some inconsistency along the way, we are a young team there’s no doubt about that”

There’s no doubt that was an embarrassment to the Gold Coast that indifferent crap effort

Putrid Crap

Mr Garth "I coached an U20's side to a premiership" Brennan. We looked a better team under Henry ffs

Mr Bods
04-08-18, 05:29 PM
Actually even if we do win why should I eat my words

That was garbage regardless of the result and they should be ready for battle every week

Hail Sezer
04-08-18, 05:35 PM
Mr Garth "I coached an U20's side to a premiership" Brennan. We looked a better team under Henry ffs

Hahaha wow

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:35 PM
Taylor 0 runs lolol

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:36 PM
Hahaha wow

Tell me in what way we look a better team now?

How has our lord and savior Garth Brennan improved this team?

Please. I'm really dying to know.

NZTITAN
04-08-18, 05:38 PM
Tell me in what way we look a better team now?

How has our lord and savior Garth Brennan improved this team?

Please. I'm really dying to know.

This team is way more fun to watch for one

Last years Henry team may have been the least aesthetically pleasing Gold Coast team ever in terms of playing style

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:38 PM
This team is way more fun to watch for one

Last years Henry team may have been the least aesthetically pleasing Gold Coast team ever in terms of playing style

Shirt grabbing all game isn't fun to watch.

The 'fun' parts are very few and far between. Round 20 and still getting flogged.

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 05:39 PM
Gordon never gives up. What a player.

Hail Sezer
04-08-18, 05:40 PM

You think thats down to a lack of coaching? Do you even rugby league lol

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:40 PM
Gordon never gives up. What a player.

Yeah, I wish all of our players had that attitude.

lonegull
04-08-18, 05:41 PM
No attacking structures looks like we are a bunch of school kids not sure what’s going on

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 05:41 PM
Last week we got Rein on earlier due to Arrows knee. He opened the game up for us. Missing it this week.

NZTITAN
04-08-18, 05:43 PM

The 'fun' parts are very few and far between. Round 20 and still getting flogged.

We were shirt grabbing all last year too, at least this year the offense is interesting

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:45 PM
You think thats down to a lack of coaching? Do you even rugby league lol

It's an attitude thing and I would have thought that it's up to the coaches to have their players want to play for them.

When you don't care then of course you're not going to put your body on the line to make tackles. See Brenko Lee and Bryce Cartwright.

Hail Sezer
04-08-18, 05:47 PM
It's an attitude thing and I would have thought that it's up to the coaches to have their players want to play for them.

Not sure if srs

Just-a-Fan
04-08-18, 05:47 PM
Well at least we got our 1M$ player to show us the way back

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:48 PM
Not sure if srs

Then what do you put it down to King Sezer?

Do you think Bellamy for example would put up with some of these efforts?

NZTITAN

When you don't care then of course you're not going to put your body on the line to make tackles. See Brenko Lee and Bryce Cartwright.

hahaha

JunctionBlock
I'm more pissed off with this refereeing now. How did they just get to get a 10m restart. This is criminal.

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:49 PM
There are people defending this performance. LOL. Wow, I'm done.

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 05:51 PM
Ok byeeeee.

Read an article this week regarding Cecchin retiring due to the hardship of refereeing and the flack he cops. Maybe they should write articles abut the fans that are quitting the game due to the same incompetence.

NZTITAN
04-08-18, 05:52 PM
There are people defending this performance. LOL. Wow, I'm done.

Where mate?

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:53 PM
Ok byeeeee.

I lied.

Nols of the Goldy
04-08-18, 05:54 PM
And the Don in for his second.

- - - Updated - - -

Flash having a shocker. That is now six points lost.

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 05:55 PM
I lied.

Hahaha love it

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:55 PM
Where is old mate Bodsy?

We finally agree on something.

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 05:57 PM
And the Don in for his second.

- - - Updated - - -

Flash having a shocker. That is now six points lost.

blasphemy...

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone seen James? How big a rest do you need to give an 80 minute player?

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 05:58 PM
French is so overrated

Alright finisher but not much else.

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 05:59 PM
French is so overrated

Alright finisher but not much else.

That's why I don't think we should be looking at him, you shouldn't have to pay $$$$ for speed.

NZTITAN
04-08-18, 06:00 PM
anyone know what happened to RavShamrock?

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 06:01 PM
That's a try. I'm over these calls.

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 06:01 PM
"I have no try." Of course you do.

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 06:03 PM
Seriously, am I wrong? Did anyone not see that as a try or am I just to one eyed (not referring to me being a dick either!)?

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 06:04 PM
Seriously, am I wrong? Did anyone not see that as a try or am I just to one eyed (not referring to me being a dick either!)?

Sort of. Thought it could have gone either way tbh

BundyTitan
04-08-18, 06:05 PM

Nope I'm with you JB, he grounded the point on the line and then it came loose. I just don't know what they are looking at

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously what is doing with Ash, how has he fallen this far.

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 06:06 PM
Nope I'm with you JB, he grounded the point on the line and then it came loose. I just don't know what they are looking at

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously what is doing with Ash, how has he fallen this far.

I can admit I was wrong about Ash...said he'd come good earlier in the year with a better halves partner but he's fallen further. Really sad to see.

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 06:12 PM
Normally I'd be happy to see us 13 on 12 but the last couple of times it's bitten us on the butt. 10 points, that's all that's in it. Come on. Big finish please!!

- - - Updated - - -

One the first play we are pushing to take advantage over a non-existent overlap? Come on. I can't keep blaming the refs when we pull that crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Loving Rein. Titan Pete if you're out there, I'm finally off Proctor. Absolute plodder.

mdrew
04-08-18, 06:13 PM
No Jai Whitbread

lonegull
04-08-18, 06:18 PM
12 man parra scores lol

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 06:18 PM
12 man parra scores lol

haha

Titanic
04-08-18, 06:19 PM
WE ARE THE DUMBEST FOOTBALL TEAM EVER!!!!

Dobes
04-08-18, 06:19 PM
Hands down, we have to be the toughest team to support.

Nols of the Goldy
04-08-18, 06:21 PM
It's so hard following this team sometimes. One great game like last week and then the next absolute crap. No consistency whatsoever. We lose against the wooden spooners. :fist:

lonegull
04-08-18, 06:25 PM
Wallace isn’t even a plodder that’s to good of a term for him, he has been woeful and once again tonight just showed he offers nothing

indoallstars
04-08-18, 06:25 PM
Proctor ****, Atay ****, Hurrel ****, Mathews ****.....drop them all

- - - Updated - - -

+ Wallace ****

Nols of the Goldy
04-08-18, 06:28 PM
After last weeks efforts, that was just plain embarrassing. Matthews is not NRL standard, Wallace and Ash look so disinterested and Rein came on too late. Then we have to see them all have a love fest and laugh at the end just to drive the nail in. On to next week :ugh:

Titanic
04-08-18, 06:29 PM
12 men v 13 flowers ... dropped balls, off-side, forward passes, missed tackles, penalties and a fugging sin bin AGAINST THE BOTTOM TEAM ... THE MOST STUPID BUNCH OF HUMAN BEINGS EVER!

Mr Bods
04-08-18, 06:29 PM
Brennan was right
Don’t worry about Hayne
Just another game boys

Putrid Crap

I have nothing to add to what I said at halftime
Just going to kick back and read what you guys have to say
I’m so disappointed

Whats Doing
04-08-18, 06:33 PM
We have 2 pillow puffs as front rowers. A half back who doesnt run, defence is a disgrace, no hard running from anyone and a back line that has no creativity.

This team dont care and wont challenge for the top 8 unless there is a real change in all aspects.

Another disgraceful effort from a team of over paid bludgers who dont give a fig.

Dooldog76
04-08-18, 06:33 PM
Had plenty of opportunities, they were gassed, and we still couldn’t finish them off.

teke
04-08-18, 06:36 PM
F the titans, helping eels win so Manly creeps closer to the Wooden spoon.

2019 titans rebuild yr lol

Mr Bods
04-08-18, 06:39 PM
We have 2 pillow puffs as front rowers. A half back who doesnt run, defence is a disgrace, no hard running from anyone and a back line that has no creativity.

This team dont care and wont challenge for the top 8 unless there is a real change in all aspects.

Another disgraceful effort from a team of over paid bludgers who dont give a fig.

+1

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 06:43 PM
What a terrible game of NRL that was to watch. Neither the players nor the officials should be happy with their efforts. Frustrating to watch, frustrating to justify and even more frustrating is the bets I'll be paying on Monday to the scumbag Eels supporters I have to work with.

Bods, glad you take solace in being correct at half time, Teke glad we helped Manly to a spoon.

Sad effort.

Mr Bods
04-08-18, 06:50 PM
What a terrible game of NRL that was to watch. Neither the players nor the officials should be happy with their efforts. Frustrating to watch, frustrating to justify and even more frustrating is the bets I'll be paying on Monday to the scumbag Eels supporters I have to work with.

Bods, glad you take solace in being correct at half time, Teke glad we helped Manly to a spoon.

Sad effort.

Speaking of Manly, what’s happened to Mexican Titan??

Titan68
04-08-18, 06:51 PM
As I’ve said before and I’ll say it again
“ WE ARE BOYS , PLAYING A MANS GAME “
Ash needs to be dropped , but won’t happen
We need to find two frontrowers , who ain’t scared to run.
To win a premiership , a team needs to be consistent ( this team wouldn’t even know how to spell it )

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 07:29 PM
Nothing really in the presser, "It just wasn't our night," according to Brennan.

mdrew
04-08-18, 07:32 PM
Feel for Jai Whitbread

Mr Bods
04-08-18, 07:35 PM
Feel for Jai Whitbread

I feel for any forward on our list that is behind Matthews in our genius coach’s pecking order

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing really in the presser, "It just wasn't our night," according to Brennan.

Such amazing analysis for all us members and fans he has shared with us again

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 07:50 PM
He owned the poor performance, James owned the poor performance. He specifically said he won't use the "we're a young side excuse today" Sorry Bods.

Mr Bods
04-08-18, 07:57 PM
He owned the poor performance, James owned the poor performance. He specifically said he won't use the "we're a young side excuse today" Sorry Bods.

If he said “I won’t use we are a young side as an excuse” or “it’s no excuse but we are a young side” then in my books that’s using it as an excuse.
He smiled and lamely said “we didn’t turn up”.

We have a massive problem here with this Coach but at this stage there’s only a handful of us that can see it.
It’s not at critical stage yet though. He still has time.

I’m not fully ruling out the Wooden Spoon yet either.

JunctionBlock
04-08-18, 08:04 PM
If he said “I won’t use we are a young side as an excuse” or “it’s no excuse but we are a young side” then in my books that’s using it as an excuse.
I see your post as revisionist. He smiled and lamely said “we didn’t turn up”.

We have a massive problem here with this Coach but at this stage there’s only a handful of us that can see it.
It’s not at critical stage yet though. He still has time.

I’m not fully ruling out the Wooden Spoon yet either.

As I just said on another media platform, we paid for the cheapest coach in the NRL in the thriftiest team in the NRL . He still hasn't assembled HIS team, he's playing with someone elses. Not sure what expectations we should have.

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 08:45 PM
As I just said on another media platform, we paid for the cheapest coach in the NRL in the thriftiest team in the NRL . He still hasn't assembled HIS team, he's playing with someone elses. Not sure what expectations we should have.

His team consisted of Bryce Cartwright. Latu. And then he wanted Norman? And it also seems to consist of Will Matthews? Keegan Hipgrave who's done nothing to earn a new contract. I don't know...I'm just running out of patience that's all.

Hail Sezer
04-08-18, 09:13 PM
His team consisted of Bryce Cartwright. Latu. And then he wanted Norman? And it also seems to consist of Will Matthews? Keegan Hipgrave who's done nothing to earn a new contract. I don't know...I'm just running out of patience that's all.

If you're running out of patience already then IMO your expectations were unrealistic and you're destined to be disappointed mate.

Teams don't rebuild in one season and none of us like a poor performance but trying to find a way to make everything that goes wrong the coaches fault isn't going to accelerate the process

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 09:17 PM
If you're running out of patience already then IMO your expectations were unrealistic and you're destined to be disappointed mate.

Teams don't rebuild in one season and none of us like a poor performance but trying to find a way to make everything that goes wrong the coaches fault isn't going to accelerate the process

cool story bro

Hail Sezer
04-08-18, 09:20 PM
cool story bro

Sorry mate Garth Brennan's fault again - he made me type it :)

rj62
04-08-18, 09:25 PM

More power to you mate

gotitans101_
04-08-18, 09:34 PM
Sorry mate Garth Brennan's fault again - he made me type it

Man don't get me wrong, I'm sick of blaming the coach too but who else do we blame? I just don't....aren't you at least frustrated? Not being an fwit..we're all keen supporters here. But god damn I'm sick of this team putting in peaheart performances like that....especially in Round 20 of the competition. Where is the improvement? We are supposedly building a team but today we played like we've never played together before. How long do we have to wait?

Hail Sezer
04-08-18, 09:55 PM
Man don't get me wrong, I'm sick of blaming the coach too but who else do we blame? I just don't....aren't you at least frustrated? Not being an fwit..we're all keen supporters here. But god damn I'm sick of this team putting in peaheart performances like that.

100% bro of course and the coach absolutely has to cop a load of it, from preparation, to performance, to recruitment and a whole lot more. I guess my view is that there are things in the game that no amount of coaching can dictate or prevent, and that we don't really have the roster currently to be competitive either if we're talking big picture.

Tonight we were absolutely horrible and it's not good to watch by any stretch but I completely expected performances like this to spring up during the year (even this late)..as did I expect us to put in some performances like we did last week vs the Warriors..my points is that I don't get too worked up week-to-week when all we're really experiencing is the expected inconsistency from a poor roster and a rookie coach at the start of a rebuild. In twelve months time I may be entirely on your side of the fence mate, time will tell!

Titanic
05-08-18, 05:17 AM
Too right HS but still puts that imbecilic performance in the last 20 minutes up there with the worst efforts in our short history. Sadly my 13-16 prediction finish is safe.

psmitty
05-08-18, 05:31 AM
This will get up some of your goats but I'm for #sackbrennan

I also agree with Teke the whole backline needs a revamp otherwise we will have the same complaints next year.

The way we are headed we will be in the bottom three or four next year also.

Mr Bods
05-08-18, 07:04 AM
This will get up some of your goats but I'm for #sackbrennan

I also agree with Teke the whole backline needs a revamp otherwise we will have the same complaints next year.

The way we are headed we will be in the bottom three or four next year also.

Not ready to say that myself till maybe about June next year but good on you smitty for being the first to stick your neck out

JunctionBlock
05-08-18, 07:23 AM
What are our alternatives in coaches when our budget is around the $350k mark?

Dooldog76
05-08-18, 07:23 AM
The main problem is consistency. I know I’m stating the obvious but how does a team go from that performance last week to the effort they put in last night, it doesn’t make sense and that is what is getting frustrated. The players and coaching staff have to start looking at themselves in a harsher light. Sacking a coach in his first year with a club that has struggled isn’t the answer imo.
The players need to stand up and none more than ash Taylor. The play where we were looking for a repeat set and he passes it out wide for a knock on sums up our season. Inconsistent and poor communication from our halves doesn’t help.
Will Matthews is a dumb footballer. Full stop.
On a positive, we had two knock ones over their line and another two knock one in space as well as a questionable forward pass go against us. In some ways it wasn’t our night and there was plenty of effort in that second half. They just lack consistency and communication at the moment.

Upthetits
05-08-18, 09:07 AM
They lack a leader

shamus
05-08-18, 12:25 PM
Taylor needs to look interested for the full 80 minutes even if he doesn’t want the ball. The opposition can see he is not in the next play (head down, walking away) and can easily read what we are doing next. If he at least pretends to be involved then it leaves the other mob still guessing.

Mr Bods
05-08-18, 12:30 PM
His effort was so poor last night that he needs to be interviewed one on one and asked some serious questions
He went through the motions last night

If he doesn’t want to be here he should be given the opportunity to be released from his contract so he can go wherever he wants, we can give LG a contract and have money to spare to get another quality player in the squad as well.

Whats Doing
05-08-18, 12:34 PM
I think we are overlooking the fact that the first half against the Warriors was also inept. It is just that they played well in the second half but it should not gloss over a horrid first half. So that is one half of good football in the last 5 weeks. Just not good enough

Upthetits
05-08-18, 01:43 PM
His effort was so poor last night that he needs to be interviewed one on one and asked some serious questions
He went through the motions last night

If he doesn’t want to be here he should be given the opportunity to be released from his contract so he can go wherever he wants, we can give LG a contract and have money to spare to get another quality player in the squad as well.

I sort of agree to an extent. But feel it's not ash's fault. He needs to learn off an experienced half, he's never had that.

DavidBouveng
05-08-18, 06:18 PM
i havent read very much of this thread and dont really want to.

When Mick Gordon is kicking 0/3 you know its not your night.

All ill say is that consistency can take time to build, ive seen some improvements over the year, some young players stepping up, so i'm prepared to give them an off season and see how we are faring this time next year.if its still spud city, then its time to move on from Garth, get in an experienced coach and also pay Maloney something silly for one year so he can just go around the club dropping truth bombs like an ass hole so people know what is required to make it to the top.

also think we should send Ash and AJ down to Matty Johns farm for some tutelage.

If it is good enough for Bellamy to send Munster and his halves to learn its good enough for us. Matty loves Ash and always says he will be the best player in the game one day, and its FREE, so our cheapness cant be an excuse.

Don't forget Johns is as responsible as anyone else who taught Cronk to play halfback.

It would almost be negligent not to look into it

Mr Bods
05-08-18, 06:30 PM
i havent read very much of this thread and dont really want to.

When Mick Gordon is kicking 0/3 you know its not your night.

All ill say is that consistency can take time to build, ive seen some improvements over the year, some young players stepping up, so i'm prepared to give them an off season and see how we are faring this time next year.if its still spud city, then its time to move on from Garth, get in an experienced coach and also pay Maloney something silly for one year so he can just go around the club dropping truth bombs like an ass hole so people know what is required to make it to the top.

also think we should send Ash and AJ down to Matty Johns farm for some tutelage.

If it is good enough for Bellamy to send Munster and his halves to learn its good enough for us. Matty loves Ash and always says he will be the best player in the game one day, and its FREE, so our cheapness cant be an excuse.

Don't forget Johns is as responsible as anyone else who taught Cronk to play halfback.

It would almost be negligent not to look into it

Good call re Johns consulting. Given The Coach isn’t tall I assume he was a halfback himself when plying his trade in the Newcastle competition so I just wonder whether he’d be open to bringing in a halves consultant.

DavidBouveng
05-08-18, 06:46 PM
Good call re Johns consulting. Given The Coach isn’t tall I assume he was a halfback himself when plying his trade in the Newcastle competition so I just wonder whether he’d be open to bringing in a halves consultant.

Well Johns was his biggest advocate and was the one who told Gould to get him at Penrith and was always pumping him for first grade gigs before coast job came up
so the relationship is there.

ja4220
05-08-18, 07:05 PM

Now hang on, the club announced earlier in the year that Matty Jones had been bought in as a specialist halves consultant. And I believe there were several members of this forum who were against it! To quote one
“^^^ I could easily do a rant here but I’ll just keep it pithy:
Giving MJohns this role ahead of a club and community legend like MRogers does not sit well with me.
We saw an article late last year where Mat expressed he wanted to be involved with the club.”
Watching I doubt anything more than the announcement and a one off session ever transpired....

DavidBouveng
05-08-18, 07:19 PM
gee i cant recall that. i do remember someone being announced as some sort of halves consultant, and i recall some conjecture over it not being Rogers or a GC person.

Cant remember it being M johns, and your right we aren't playing like we have had some consultancy. Maybe its like Gorden Tallis' ambassadorship... lip service to make us appear to have some good friends.

Upthetits
05-08-18, 07:21 PM
I do recall m johns being mentioned, think it was a 1 off lesson though or a day or 2. Wasn't long.

Mr Bods
05-08-18, 07:26 PM
Now hang on, the club announced earlier in the year that Matty Jones had been bought in as a specialist halves consultant. And I believe there were several members of this forum who were against it! To quote one
“^^^ I could easily do a rant here but I’ll just keep it pithy:
Giving MJohns this role ahead of a club and community legend like MRogers does not sit well with me.
We saw an article late last year where Mat expressed he wanted to be involved with the club.”
Watching I doubt anything more than the announcement and a one off session ever transpired....

Wow!!!! Good work. That’s definitely me saying that. My god you know me better than me. Did Matt Johns working with us end up happening though? I’m happy to change my opinion a year later and say bring in Matt Johns BUT I’d most certainly welcome Mat Rogers too. I’d love Mat Rogers to be on the Coaching staff. I’d love him to have a water bottle too and be our Allan Langer.

DavidBouveng
05-08-18, 07:46 PM
Wow!!!! Good work. That’s definitely me saying that. My god you know me better than me. Did Matt Johns working with us end up happening though? I’m happy to change my opinion a year later and say bring in Matt Johns BUT I’d most certainly welcome Mat Rogers too. I’d love Mat Rogers to be on the Coaching staff. I’d love him to have a water bottle too and be our Allan Langer.

I hope Mick Gordon stays on in some capacity as well. he has fit in like he was here for 10 years.

Mr Bods
05-08-18, 07:49 PM
I hope Mick Gordon stays on in some capacity as well. he has fit in like he was here for 10 years.

He’s going to play for a season or two with Tweed Coast Raiders. There is no way he will ever move away from Cabarita or Pottsville I reckon. So he will be around. Guaranteed.

ja4220
06-08-18, 07:29 AM
Not sure if this link will work properly but it’s the original discussion.
http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/showthread.php?28728-2018-preseason&p=376722&highlight=#post376722
I hate to say it but I feel like Ash is going to be a bit of a Mitch Moses. Have you noticed how teams play worse when he plays. Corey Norman has been out standing, Mitch comes across, the team lost all balance and now Corey is the villain and asked to leave, even if the stats don’t agree!
The Tigers Brooks has also seemed to improve with out him.
Like I said in an earlier post, Ash doesn’t seem to know what Ash wants to be. I feel like he is trying to do to much, without really doing anything.
When Kane was playing there was a lot more sharing of responsibilities, Kane kicked more than AJ has, Kane scored tries, and set up tries. The halves had better balance.
AJ has taken more of a back seat, and I just don’t think Ash has stepped up to fill the void.
I am not saying Kane is the answer, nor am I dismissing AJ, but I have harped on about it and it comes down to needing balance.
Is Matt Johns the man to help find that balance. Maybe. But we need to bite the bullet and commit. Get him up here once a week. Send the halves (whoever they me) down for a couple of days a couple of times in the off season. Not just get him up for one day for a photo shoot, which it appears is what happened this year, and also happened with Andrew in the past.

Titan68
06-08-18, 08:07 AM
Ash needs time in Q-Cup , but we all know it won’t happen. Ash has lost all confidence in what he does , and is playing like a Million Dollar coaches princess.

Whats Doing
06-08-18, 09:01 AM
His running game has gone out the window. He also appears to have bulked up too much and does not seem to have the speed off the mark that he use to have which is so important to get through defences for a half

DavidBouveng
06-08-18, 11:06 AM
His running game has gone out the window. He also appears to have bulked up too much and does not seem to have the speed off the mark that he use to have which is so important to get through defences for a half

that's being a bit generous i think,

I think he is not physically in the condition he should be in to play top level NRL. too late this year.

Might be leg injuries he had earlier restrict him from training, or it might be the Maccas runs, but something has to change

NZFan
06-08-18, 11:44 AM
To be fair, I don't think that it is just Ash that has gained a few kilo's since last season. Most of the squad seem to be carrying a few extra's (excluding Gordon who is our version on Mansauce). I wonder if this is the coaches preference?

I wouldn't say that Ash has 'bulked up' either as this implies muscle gain. He certainly is bigger though.

Hail Sezer
06-08-18, 12:38 PM
To be fair, I don't think that it is just Ash that has gained a few kilo's since last season. Most of the squad seem to be carrying a few extra's (excluding Gordon who is our version on Mansauce). I wonder if this is the coaches preference?

I wouldn't say that Ash has 'bulked up' either as this implies muscle gain. He certainly is bigger though.

Do you think so mate? Which players you thinking? I think some players needed to get bigger out of necessity (Hipgrave, Brimson come to mind) but across the squad I'm not sure of too many more. Maybe Don? Then again he needed that to bring better impact to his returns as well

Nols of the Goldy
06-08-18, 01:34 PM
I noticed on Facebook the other night after the game, people were having a go about Ash always being on the game Fortnite. Apparently he seems to be on it all the time in his spare time and from what I have been hearing it is quite an addictive game. I remember reading about Ash last year watching every game each week studying plays etc., which if he is into this game he may not do anymore. Also may contribute to his weight gain as well just sitting around playing games. I am in no way suggesting that they shouldn't be able to do things away from the game but this does make sense from what I have heard about it.

NZTITAN
06-08-18, 01:45 PM
I noticed on Facebook the other night after the game, people were having a go about Ash always being on the game Fortnite. Apparently he seems to be on it all the time in his spare time and from what I have been hearing it is quite an addictive game. I remember reading about Ash last year watching every game each week studying plays etc., which if he is into this game he may not do anymore. Also may contribute to his weight gain as well just sitting around playing games. I am in no way suggesting that they shouldn't be able to do things away from the game but this does make sense from what I have heard about it.

Oh dear god

NZFan
06-08-18, 02:09 PM
Do you think so mate? Which players you thinking? I think some players needed to get bigger out of necessity (Hipgrave, Brimson come to mind) but across the squad I'm not sure of too many more. Maybe Don? Then again he needed that to bring better impact to his returns as well

Don is one yeah, which has come at the expense of his pace. Without singling out too many players because they are all in much better shape than I'll ever be.. I'd say Hurrell, Brenko Lee and Latu are the main concerns with Ash. But even Peats is a little worse off this year than he was last year.

Who knows though, the coach could like his players to have a little extra size to them. He has just bought probably the heaviest player in the NRL for next season.

Hail Sezer
06-08-18, 02:11 PM
Oh dear god

Hahahahahahaahaha

DavidBouveng
06-08-18, 02:36 PM
players often go broke from gambling addiction - are we going to have the first player bankrupt due to online gaming currencies and loot boxes.

lol

teke
06-08-18, 11:30 PM
:laugh:

Nice ending to a yucky thread