PDA

View Full Version : Round 18: TITANS v ROOSTERS

DIEHARD
08-07-18, 05:37 PM
TITANS v Roosters

GCTTSD
08-07-18, 11:31 PM
We are no chance of making finals, why not give Kane a chance to earn a contract, AJ lacks the playmaking abilities needed when ash fades out of games, and is being groomed as a FB so why not either put him there now and move Gordon to centre or wing, or have him come of the bench like Qld did with ponga and maybe abit of hooker let him develop as a FB in q cup

DIEHARD
09-07-18, 01:08 AM
Being a glutton for punishment I'll probably go down the M1 again. Hope our Origin boys come through ok. Won't be an easy game. Don't really know what the answer is. Just hope the right team shows up with the right attitude. Agree with comments that we should begin to experiment for the remainder of 2018.

DavidBouveng
09-07-18, 01:48 AM
AJ should be warming into his game now after 6-8 games or whatever, but instead his initial physicality in Defence is waning, and his limitations in attack are showing.

And if we are thinking he is a fullback...im worried about that now as well. He has average pace as far as i can tell for a back, nothing electric and not a lot of lateral movement or stepping ability. he'll just run it back hard with his robust little frame.

LG is likely not the answer, despite my affection for him so we are up for a 5/8th AND a FB in the next 2-3 years

Mr Bods
09-07-18, 05:17 AM
If LG isn’t selected and given a chance for a contract this week then that will probably be it for me with Brennan and Annesley. To not find a spot shows me he’s a poor judge and I don’t want a poor judge that doesn’t support local talent as Coach.

JunctionBlock
09-07-18, 06:21 AM
Can't have a team full of locals and the position he fills is filled by local juniors. If you haven't caught on yet, LG won't be here next year.

Hopefully with a classy forward pack next year we can lay a platform for our halfs to play good football. Obviously Copley is out (maybe for the season), Hurrell gets his spot back by default. I'd give Sami a rest and see what our other outside backs do with that opportunity. Does anyone want to grab the opportunity with both hands and shine or are they all in holiday mode on the Gold Coast?

Mr Bods
09-07-18, 08:15 AM
JB I’ll be digging in for LG to the end. The guy is a genius.....Brennan on the other hand...

JunctionBlock
09-07-18, 08:32 AM
Didn't think I'd change your mind Bods. Can't expect miracles from a coach in his first year. Tis the burden we bear# being Gold Coasters.

# http://www.queens-english-society.com/bear-with-me-or-bare-with-me

Mr Bods
09-07-18, 08:55 AM
Didn't think I'd change your mind Bods. Can't expect miracles from a coach in his first year. Tis the burden we bear# being Gold Coasters.

# http://www.queens-english-society.com/bear-with-me-or-bare-with-me

Ha ha read your link
Thanks for the Education
I’m going to be grumpy for a while so all forum members read my posts with a huge amount of indifference is my recommendation. The Drongoes at home match is the most important regular season game to me.
I’m salty.

JunctionBlock
09-07-18, 09:28 AM
Titanic is always watching. If there's one thing I get out of this site it's a respect for correct English. And spelling good.

#triggerTitanic

Mr Bods
09-07-18, 09:56 AM
I never name teams in here but I want to this week as I’m not a happy camper
This is the Bods team assuming that Copley is out

Brimson
Gordon
Lee
Hurrell
Don
LG
Taylor
Mo
Peats
Wallace
Proctor
James
Arrow

Stockwell
Boyle
Hipgrave
Simpkins

Do it Brennan! Swallow your pride and listen to me. Please!!

NZFan
09-07-18, 11:53 AM
I'd bring Elliot in over Koni. He looks like he is going pretty good for Tweed. He can actually defend too. I'd also give Kiah Cooper a run. Despite Don having his best game of the year, it's time for youth. Look what Brisbane young team did to us.

Cooper has been scoring every week, or at least every other week for Tweed. Both the wingers that we have been persisting with are too soft. Despite the fact I was a massive fan, I think that its time Sami skipped his way back to QCup. Bods I'd keep Hipgrave in the back row too. James can play there anymore. I'd prefer Matthews over Simpkins too.

Hail Sezer
09-07-18, 12:00 PM
I'd bring Elliot in over Koni. He looks like he is going pretty good for Tweed. He can actually defend too. I'd also give Kiah Cooper a run. Despite Don having his best game of the year, it's time for youth. Look what Brisbane young team did to us.

Cooper has been scoring every week, or at least every other week for Tweed. Both the wingers that we have been persisting with are too soft. Despite the fact I was a massive fan, I think that its time Sami skipped his way back to QCup. Bods I'd keep Hipgrave in the back row too. James can play there anymore. I'd prefer Matthews over Simpkins too.

Kiah looks a good prospect but if you're using scoring tries as a justification then TRD has his number and that's a huge no from me. In all seriousness though I have watched all of Tweed's football this year and whilst Kiah looks to have some real upside, I don't think he's ready quite yet. Can play but not really comparable to Pearson/Staggs and what they showed in the ISC (in using your Broncos example)

Titanic
09-07-18, 12:00 PM
Titanic is always watching. If there's one thing I get out of this site it's a respect for correct English. And spelling good.

#triggerTitanicToo bloody right JB although I'm sure you meant good spelling or spelling well :) and we can start with Bodsie's capitalisation of 'education'. At the start of a sentence or when used as a proper noun such as the Department of Education but not in the generic sense of education which is a common noun.

teke
09-07-18, 12:21 PM
LG is worth 500K plus in the Superleague, Id say there is no chance of him being around next season so no need to play him in the top squad anymore

JunctionBlock
09-07-18, 12:30 PM
Too bloody right JB although I'm sure you meant good spelling or spelling well :) and we can start with Bodsie's capitalisation of 'education'. At the start of a sentence or when used as a proper noun such as the Department of Education but not in the generic sense of education which is a common noun.

Love it.

NZFan
09-07-18, 06:26 PM
Kiah looks a good prospect but if you're using scoring tries as a justification then TRD has his number and that's a huge no from me. In all seriousness though I have watched all of Tweed's football this year and whilst Kiah looks to have some real upside, I don't think he's ready quite yet. Can play but not really comparable to Pearson/Staggs and what they showed in the ISC (in using your Broncos example)

Yeah it's a big no from me on TRD too. I think Cooper adds a lot more in terms of ball carrying though. He runs hard and straight, which neither of our present wingers do. I'd agree in saying that he's not quite ready too, but what else do we do? Just keep plugging away with the same formula?

Don is getting very cumbersome in his play. He gives up soft tackles and rarely seems to back himself to score these days. Sami in my opinion needs dropping to give him a wake up call. He seems to take it for granted that he's in the team. I remember reading an article at the start of the season where he said he endeavours to touch the ball 20 times within a game. I'd like to see the stats over the past month or so because I doubt that is still the case.

mdrew
09-07-18, 06:29 PM
For me Tyrone Roberts-Davis has earned another shot he has been good for Burleigh.

JunctionBlock
09-07-18, 06:33 PM
20 ball touches a game, that stat must include having a scratch....

I think that 1st years should be managed better. Give them a few games then rest and promote. They're only wingers. Promotes competition too.

Here's hoping the Roosters show us no respect and rest their origin players this week.

Issue we face is now that we are "no hope of making the finals" what does our team do for the last 8 rounds?

BundyTitan
09-07-18, 07:39 PM
Can someone please explain to me why Sami should be dropped? In my eyes he has been solid or above average in most games this year. Yesterdays stats were 18 hitups for 130m, with 8 tackle busts as well. Yes he's still got some things to work on but he's only young and he's still performing well enough to stay in the side.

DIEHARD
10-07-18, 01:36 AM
I reckon, we may trouble the Roosters. We have given them a few black eyes and scares over the years, unfortunately it was more common in the earlier years though. And you never know what Titans side may show up. Hopefully Taylor comes back strong and we will have our two origin boys returning to the side.

I'd like to see LG given a shot, I think he has earned it, but I think it is right that he is an attractive signing for Super League or even another NRL club.

Record against the Chooks stands at 17 games, 9 wins for Roosters, 8 wins for Titans.

DIEHARD
10-07-18, 01:38 AM
Can someone please explain to me why Sami should be dropped? In my eyes he has been solid or above average in most games this year. Yesterdays stats were 18 hitups for 130m, with 8 tackle busts as well. Yes he's still got some things to work on but he's only young and he's still performing well enough to stay in the side.

I thought he was one of the players who had a dig on Sunday.

DIEHARD
10-07-18, 01:42 AM
Also a reminder, tickets are 50% off this Sunday for seats in Steel Premium and Steel. Code word is GCTSYD.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT1818

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/9.1.jpg (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT1818)

NZFan
10-07-18, 06:00 AM

The stat's read okay Bundy, perhaps some of the criticism (including that from myself) is a little unjust. Although the stats don't mean everything. His carries into the line are still soft because he is skipping around metres away from contact. Nene was another that did/ still does it and there was plenty of comments made about him in regards to that part of his game as well.

I'm definitely not saying that this is the end of the road for Sami because I genuinely rate him as a player and at the start of the season I was one of the ones singing his praises. I just think he needs a couple of weeks in QCup to work on that aspect of his game - get him used to running hard into the line against (slightly) smaller opposition - get his confidence back up. It looks to me like the week in, week out aspect of NRL is beginning to wear on him a little. The opportunity can be used to give one of the other younger ones a crack at first grade, so they can see what its all about.

JunctionBlock
10-07-18, 06:40 AM

I would expect his stats to look good when the Broncos completed their sets and we were playing out of our own 10 for the start of nearly every set. He lost me with the amount of basic mistakes he made in the Rabbits and Bulldogs game. I'm not for one minute saying get rid of him out of the roster as I think we made that mistake with Nene and look at him now. I'm saying he needs to be managed better. Playing your first year in the top level is going to take it's toll on your body.

TITAN PETE
10-07-18, 07:57 AM
Lets hope Mitchell has a blinder on Wednesday night scores the match winner & is named Man of the Match & is too hung over to come to the Coast on Sunday because he will destroy Koni if he's selected, Hurrell looks like a park player that's good for 5 minutes game time....too much Social media

JunctionBlock
10-07-18, 09:02 AM
Lets hope Mitchell has a blinder on Wednesday night scores the match winner & is named Man of the Match & is too hung over to come to the Coast on Sunday because he will destroy Koni if he's selected, Hurrell looks like a park player that's good for 5 minutes game time....too much Social media

Let's hope that Cordner makes the line break, offloads to Tedesco, who then draws and passes to Mitchell for a combined Man of the match and series so they're all too hungover to back up on the Sunday.

Titanic
10-07-18, 09:40 AM
Let's hope that either:

a. the Queensland side grows a huge pair, takes the NSWailers head on, smashes them into oblivion and they are all too sore or scared to play, or
b. the Titans team all remember that they are paid to play competitive rugby league, grow a huge pair and put Les Coqs to the sword.

DavidBouveng
10-07-18, 11:08 AM
I agree that Sami seems to getting a little too much heat.

first year player, who maybe set too high an expectation with a couple of gangbuster efforts in first 4-5 weeks.

He is the least of our problems in my opinion. I thought he was one of the only guys running hard on weekend. He is far from perfect, but is doing a reasonable job while he learns the trade in first grade. i also have no problems if he got rested for a week or two to come back and smash the last 6 weeks with a fresh view as well.

Dobes
10-07-18, 02:09 PM
Copley out for the rest of the year. Koni better get fit, fast.

Mr Bods
10-07-18, 02:48 PM
Copley out for the rest of the year. Koni better get fit, fast.

The Coach might give Sami another crack in the Centres

JunctionBlock
10-07-18, 04:07 PM
https://i.imgur.com/xTDq4ij.png
https://i.imgur.com/JkRSQ6F.png

Mr Bods
10-07-18, 04:16 PM
Jesus Mary and Joseph
1-why pick Matthews ahead of Boyle or even Latu....Matthews is cooked as an NRL footballer
2-Brennan is so stubborn about persisting with Rein on the bench and not playing LG. When Rein comes on Peats goes into a Lock/Playmaker role and we lose our shape with Rein at dummy half. If you are going to do that wouldn’t it make more sense to keep Peats at hooker and have the attacking genius of LG playing a libero role?? Plus LG provides so many more utility options if there’s an injury.

But don’t worry I’m totally behind him, he’s a great man and will take us to a Premiership in the fullness of time.

Go Titans!!

JunctionBlock
10-07-18, 04:19 PM
^^^^^ hahahaha Brennan for Prime Minister.

Probably the least shocking team list I've seen. Fingers crossed our boys are fit after SOO3.

DIEHARD
10-07-18, 06:33 PM
Hurrell's NRL chance after Copley injury
https://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/

The door has been left ajar for exiled Gold Coast centre Konrad Hurrell after Dale Copley's season-ending hamstring injury.

Sunday's clash with the Sydney Roosters will be Hurrell's first as a starting centre since he was dropped ahead of round 10, two months ago.

The likeable Tongan representative endured an error-riddled start to the season but, still contracted for another year at the club, now has a chance to finish the campaign where he started.

The Titans have named Queensland forwards Jarrod Wallace and Jai Arrow for the clash, while Alexander Brimson is set to play three games inside a week as he prepares to represent the Queensland under-20s on Wednesday night.

Kane Elgey, off-contract and linked to a move to the Europe next season, is waiting in the wings if Brimson is unable to back up.

Brennan said the Titans were yet to table a new offer to Elgey, with the big-money five-eighth out of favour and restricted to just seven NRL games this season.

"Kane's more than capable of slotting in there if AJ is a bit fatigued or sustains an injury, I'm sure Kane will grab his opportunity," Brennan said.

Copley's hamstring rupture rubbed salt into the Titans' wounds after a horrid 34-0 defeat to Brisbane on Sunday.

"It's not good for Dale; he's been playing some good football too and battled injury in the past so it's important we get it right," Brennan said.

"The first thing he said to me was 'how can I help out the team'.

"He's a very smart footballer, Dale, and to have him helping out the players with preparation before games and doing homework on opposition is going to help us out as well."

The loss to Brisbane all but ended the Titans finals hopes, with the side now four wins outside the top eight with eight games remaining.

"They're down on the performance, they're embarrassed about it and it's important we go out and put on a better performance against another powerhouse in the Roosters," Brennan said.

DIEHARD
10-07-18, 06:34 PM
Hipgrave to make amends after apologising for ill discipline
https://www.nrl.com/

Keegan Hipgrave has apologised to coach Garth Brennan for being sucked into the baiting of Broncos forwards last Sunday and says he is out to avenge the loss of discipline against the Sydney Roosters - a pack that could be even more aggressive.

The 21-year-old, who is courting offers from three Sydney clubs, will start in the second row after lasting just 17 minutes against the Broncos because of a concussion. In that period he was twice involved in dust-ups that earned him cautions from referee Henry Perenara and his side conceded two penalties.

The Titans need controlled aggression from the local product in a team that has lost left centre Dale Copley for the season through a hamstring injury and will wait on the fitness of Maroons’ State of Origin forwards Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace and under 20s five-eighth AJ Brimson.

Konrad Hurrell will start in the centres for the first time since round nine after which he was dropped for Brenko Lee as right centre. His two games since have been on the wing against the Roosters in round 12 and last weekend off the bench against the Broncos.

Hipgrave can make a difference against the Roosters if he can keep his aggression but temper his over-exuberance.

"Playing against his old team [Hipgrave played two seasons of under 20s with Brisbane], there was a little bit of spite in there and Keegan got caught into it a little too much," Brennan said.

"He has apologised to me for it and said he had learned from that. He got baited and he took it. That’s a 21-year-old still learning and making mistakes at NRL level he will learn from.

"He feels he has let the team don with his ill-discipline. Keegan is a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve, he is passionate and players love playing with him because he has that little bit of an edge."

Asked if the lesson against Brisbane may be a turning point, Brennan replied: "I hope so, the last few suspensions and sin-binnings haven’t worked and maybe this will.

"He is passionate and doesn’t want to let his mates down and he was dirty on himself because he felt he let his mates down and that’s what he’ll learn the most from."

Brimson would have to play his third game in eight days if he backs up from being starting five-eighth in the Justin Hodges-coached Maroons under 20s.

Kane Elgey is on standby for a recall for the first time since round seven if Brimson is injured or rested.

The Titans have not made their former golden boy an offer for next season and he has been courted by English clubs Warrington and Catalans and at least two NRL clubs.

"AJ wanted to play on Wednesday night and I am not going to rule a guy out who wants to represent his state at any level," Brennan said.

"He knows his body best, we will see how he pulls up and Kane Elgey is in our 22-man squad and is more than capable of fitting in there if AJ feels fatigue or suffers an injury."

Mr Bods
10-07-18, 08:32 PM
^^^ if he had of decked Lodge when they butted heads he’d be a hero for life with people right across society including people with only a cursory following of the game

DIEHARD
11-07-18, 12:12 AM
Titans v Roosters: Arrow and Wallace on Origin back-up but Cordner may rest
http://www.nrl.com

The Gold Coast desperately needed a win over the Brisbane Broncos last Sunday to keep alive any slim hopes of playing finals football.

What they served up was one of their most lacklustre performances of the season as they were belted 34-0 to slide to 11th on the Telstra Premiership ladder, eight competition points behind the eighth-placed Warriors.

How Garth Brennan's men respond to that disappointment will be the key factor as they look to overcome a Roosters side sitting in fifth place by virtue of a superior points differential to the other three sides on 22 points (Sharks, Broncos, Warriors).

The Titans need their marquee men Ash Taylor and Ryan James to take ownership of the side and ensure heads don't drop with the finals now out of the equation.

Key match-up: A man who has played 22 Origins, Cooper Cronk, matches wits with a man who most believe will one day be the Maroons No.7 Ash Taylor. Sure, Cronk has had more dominant seasons, but he remains one of the game's elite playmakers and he is timing his run to September. Taylor wants to be there one day and gets a great chance on Sunday to orchestrate an upset win which will restore some pride at the club.

For the Titans to win: Backing up from Origin is never easy but if the Gold Coast are to rebound they'll need Maroons forwards Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace to aim up against a Roosters pack which boasts a potent mix of power and skill. Arrow and Wallace have been pivotal to the Titans' wins in 2018 and their ability to aim up four days after a bruising Origin clash will be vital to the home side's chances.

For the Roosters to win: Stay composed. When Trent Robinson's men get their structure right and Cronk and Luke Keary play off the back of good go-forward, this is one of the most formidable outfits in the NRL. If their big men stay disciplined and focus on doing the hard yards they can lay the platform for the likes of Tedesco, Mitchell, Manu and Ferguson to run riot like they did against the Panthers in round 15.

Titans stat attack: The Titans were held scoreless last Sunday, further illustrating a lack of potency which sees them with the sixth worst attacking record in the NRL. Only the Tigers, Knights, Cowboys, Eels and Bulldogs have scored fewer points in 2018. You get the feeling the Titans will need at least 20 points if they are to topple the Roosters.

Roosters stat attack: Defence wins premierships and one thing you can be sure of with this Roosters side is that they'll make the Titans earn every point. They boast the best defence in the comp and every player in the red, white and blue wall has trust in the man next to him.

And another thing: The Roosters have four of their next six games away from home, a stretch which includes games at Brookvale and Canberra and a blokbuster against Souths at ANZ Stadium. Those six games will dictate whether the Roosters secure a vital top-four spot or have to do it the hard way in September.

Gold Coast Titans v Sydney Roosters, Sunday 6.30pm at Cbus Super Stadium

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Konrad Hurrell, 4 Brenko Lee, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 AJ Brimson, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Keegan Hipgrave, 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Moeaki Fotuaika, 16 Will Matthews, 17 Jack Stockwell

Reserves: 18 Morgan Boyle, 19 Leilani Latu, 20 Kane Elgey, 21 Brendan Elliot, 22 Jai Whitbread

Konrad Hurrell starts at centre for Dale Copley (hamstring, season) with Jack Stockwell joining the bench. Jarrod Wallace and Jai Arrow have been named to back up from Maroons duty in the starting back shifting Moeaki Fotuaika and Will Matthews to the bench and Morgan Boyle and Leilani Latu to the reserves.

Roosters: 1 James Tedesco, 2 Daniel Tupou, 3 Latrell Mitchell, 4 Joseph Manu, 5 Blake Ferguson, 6 Luke Keary, 7 Cooper Cronk, 8 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, 9 Jake Friend (c), 10 Siosiua Taukeiaho, 11 Nat Butcher, 12 Victor Radley, 13 Isaac Liu

Interchange: 14 Zane Tetevano, 15 Lindsay Collins, 16 Mitch Aubusson, 17 Kurt Baptiste

Reserves: 18 Matthew Ikuvalu, 19 Sitili Tupouniua, 20 Ryan Matterson, 21 Sean O'Sullivan, 22 Paul Momirovski, 22 Poasa Faamausili

Blues skipper Boyd Cordner has not been named and may get a rest. Joseph Manu returns from suspension at centre for Matthew Ikuvalu. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves replaces Dylan Napa at prop. Mitchell Aubusson replaces Sitili Tupouniua on the bench. Ryan Matterson (wrist/concussion) has been named in the reserves as he looks to make his return from injury.

Head-to-head: Played 17; Roosters 9 wins, Titans 8 wins
Previous result: Roosters won 34-14 in round 12
Points per game: Titans 18.5; Roosters 20.1
Points conceded per game: Titans 25.1; Roosters 14.2
Televised: Live on Fox League

Petero Civoniceva's prediction: I thought the Roosters were very unlucky in Adelaide, and should be raring to go after the bye. Gold Coast have a few blokes backing up from Origin in key positions, it is too big a mountain to climb, even though they are at home again. Tip: Roosters by 4

DIEHARD
11-07-18, 12:47 AM
Taylor will rise from the ashes
http://www.couriermail.com.au

TITANS coach Garth Brennan says Sunday’s loss to the Broncos will serve as a big lesson for halfback Ash Taylor.

The Gold Coast’s finals hopes took a hit when they sunk to a 34-0 defeat to Brisbane, placing them eight points outside of the top eight.

Taylor came under fire for his performance at Cbus Super Stadium, in what was one of the young halfback’s worst games of the season.

Just one week after he was in talks to come into the Queensland Origin team, Taylor had an error-riddled night against his old club and failed to help the Titans fire. Brennan (pictured) questioned after the match whether the disappointment of missing his Origin debut had hurt Taylor, but said it also served as a massive lesson for the 23-year-old.

“He was talked about for Origin III and maybe he had a bit of disappointment about that,” Brennan said.

“But they’re things that maturity will hopefully (help) him adapt to those disappointments throughout his career.

“He’s going to have a lot more disappointments throughout his career than that.

“He’ll be the first to say his performance wasn’t where it needed to be, there’s no doubt about that.”

Brennan said, however, Taylor was not solely to blame for the match, with the whole team failing to put up enough of a fight against their Queensland “big brothers”.

With a clash against the fifth-placed Roosters looming on Sunday, Brennan said he would have a catch up with Taylor to talk about what went wrong against the Broncos.

But he said, overall, he knew Taylor would be more disappointed than anyone in how he played and would know what he had to do.

“Ash wouldn’t be happy with his performance,” he said.

“He’ll learn from that and move on to next week.”

Meanwhile, halves partner AJ Brimson has been given the green light from the Titans to play for the Queensland Under-20s tomorrow.

Coach Justin Hodges unveiled his line-up yesterday, with Brimson to feature in the halves alongside Cowboys young gun Jake Clifford.

shamus
11-07-18, 12:05 PM
Sunday 6:30 game so crowd prediction anyone? Even though Titans are offering half price tickets (they are obviously aware of expecting a low crowd) I estimate 4831.

Dobes
11-07-18, 12:11 PM
I could have sworn Radley got suspended for this game, since they handed in the early guilty plea from a hit in round 16 and Roosters had a bye last week. Wonder why he was named?

lonegull
11-07-18, 02:06 PM
I could have sworn Radley got suspended for this game, since they handed in the early guilty plea from a hit in round 16 and Roosters had a bye last week. Wonder why he was named?

they are claiming the NSW Under 20 game should be used as a game served with the suspension

DIEHARD
11-07-18, 02:31 PM
they are claiming the NSW Under 20 game should be used as a game served with the suspension

If that is the case its total bull****. Much like including trial games as NRL suspensions.

BundyTitan
11-07-18, 05:44 PM
Apparently the NRL is blocking the move to let Radley play. You'd hope so as it would be ludicrous if u20s origin was counted towards his suspension.

Boonarga
11-07-18, 06:26 PM
Doesn't matter. Let the kid play. He is one out of the box. Future superstar Radley.

JunctionBlock
12-07-18, 07:48 PM
So Radley is out through suspension. Napa wasn't named and it's looking like Tedesco may be rested.

lonegull
12-07-18, 08:03 PM
Cronk could also be a withdrawal due to the impending birth of his first child

DavidBouveng
12-07-18, 08:26 PM
planets aligning nicely

gcboyz
12-07-18, 08:33 PM
Latrell Mitchell should have been suspended for the shoulder charge on Slater in the early minutes of Origin 3 as well.

Titanic
12-07-18, 10:28 PM
Latrell Mitchell should have been suspended for the shoulder charge on Slater in the early minutes of Origin 3 as well.That was really blatant and highlighted on the commentary ... one rule for NSW and another for the rest.

DIEHARD
12-07-18, 10:49 PM
Blues No.1 Tedesco set to be rested for Roosters

NSW fullback James Tedesco has indicated he may be rested for the Sydney Roosters in Sunday afternoon's clash with the Gold Coast Titans after a gruelling State of Origin campaign.

Tedesco flew home from Brisbane with Blues teammates on Thursday following their six-point loss to the Maroons in Origin III to be greeted by fans at The Star in Sydney in a hero's reception.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson had already ruled out Blues skipper Boyd Cordner for the clash while Maroons prop Dylan Napa is still sidelined with the ankle injury which kept him out of Origin III.

The Tricolours have also lost Victor Radley through suspension and Tedesco added he could also miss the tussle with the Titans.

"I think so, I don't know, I might be having a bit of a rest," Tedesco said.

"My body is sweet, just more I haven't really had a rest for the year so far.

"If it's sweet I'll play but will speak to Robbo tomorrow and see what happens."

Many experts tipped Tedesco as a strong contender for the player of the series honours on Wednesday after a consistent Origin campaign, but the Blues fullback was overlooked for opposite number Billy Slater, who took out the Wally Lewis Medal.

Tedesco said he congratulated Slater on a decorated representative career after the game, and saw the lighter side to missing out on the accolade.

"I think that intercept probably hurt me a bit, to be honest," Tedesco grinned in reference to his errant pass which led to a Valentine Holmes try.

"Jimmy [James Maloney] came up to me straight away and said don't worry about it mate, just keep playing footy. I think that's the big thing, if you dwell on it too much the game will get away from you.

"I felt like I reacted well and come up with a few good plays after that. I'm happy with how I went in the series, to play good footy at this level is really confidence boosting."

After a slow start at the Roosters, the form of Tedesco in the Origin series under coach Brad Fittler has him primed for a threatening end to the regular season at his new club.

With Slater's vacant Australian fullback role up for grabs, the 25-year-old made no secret he wanted to nab the position.

"If I can finish the year well for the Roosters and get a call up to the Australian side, that's a goal for me," Tedesco said.

"[But] I don't want to think about it too much, the goal for me now is to play some semi-finals footy with the Roosters, which I'm pretty excited about.

"I haven't played semi-finals before. With the team we have there we're starting to find some combinations. You never know what could happen.

"It's always hard moving to a new club, it was a new thing for me. Coming in here and the confidence Freddie gave me and the rest of the boys is something I'll take back to club land."

DIEHARD
13-07-18, 12:46 AM
Being a glutton for punishment, I'm headed back to the Titans on Sunday and I just used the 50% code to bring some friends. It is GCTSYD by the way.

DIEHARD
13-07-18, 02:24 PM
Video: Flash Gordon ready to face former club
CLICK HERE TO WATCH (https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/13/flash-gordon-ready-to-face-former-club/)

Gold Coast Titans fullback Michael Gordon ready to move on from their disappointing loss against Brisbane Broncos

DIEHARD
14-07-18, 03:43 AM
Horror record: True extent of Titans’ post-Origin woes
https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

The Titans will attempt to banish their traditional post-Origin slump as they chase an unlikely finals spot with an upset against the Roosters on Sunday.

In numbers that would scare the most optimistic Gold Coast fan, the club have endured a horror record after the showpiece series.

The Titans have finished with a positive win-loss record just once in their history after the Origin period.

That 7-4 run came in 2010, the year they reached the preliminary finals. Outside of that, their 5-5 effort in 2009 and 4-1-4 finish in 2016 are the only other seasons not in the negative.

The 2-8 finish of 2008, as well as the 2-7 marks of 2007 and 2014, are the club’s worst ends to a season.

Overall, the Titans’ record sinks to 35 wins, one draw and 65 losses after Origin – well down on their overall win percentage of 42.6.

The Titans’ 34-0 loss to Brisbane last start all but torpedoed their finals chances, although they have a mathematical chance if they can win out.

Maroons Origin duo Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace have vowed to turn out just days after a bruising final Origin clash at Suncorp Stadium.

“I’ve got a little cork but I should be ready to go,” Arrow said.

“I’m someone that doesn’t like to let my teammates down so I’ll be out there ready to rip and tear with the boys.”

Arrow said the Titans had “shot ourselves in the foot” chasing a finals campaign.

“There were some Games I think we should have won,” Arrow said.

“But it is mathematically possible and I guess we’ve just got do go back and enjoy ourselves and enjoy the game and being in each other’s company.

“Hopefully we string a few games together and we’re chasing the finals.”

Queensland coach Kevin Walters said Wallace had redeemed himself in Game Three and the front-rower is determined to carry his representative form back to the Titans.

“Last week hurt, I was there with the boys and they were very disappointed,” Wallace said of the loss to the Broncos.

“But I know Garth would have had them back into training, they will have had a good week and we’ll be back there (for captain’s run) on Saturday and I’m looking forward to ripping into the Roosters on Sunday.”

Arrow too wants to transfer the Origin buzz to club level and continue the exponential improvement in his game that led to him being singled out by Walters as one of the positives for Queensland this series.

“Certainly I think the performance of Jai Arrow and Josh Papalii to start the game (was outstanding),” Walters said.

“It does set up a bright future for us.”

The youngest starting front-rower in Queensland history, Arrow was thrilled to have played his first game at Suncorp Stadium and wants to remain a part of the Origin set-up for the future.

“I loved every minute of it and it’s definitely something I’m going to strive for again,” he said.

“Now that I’ve played this Origin series, it definitely makes me want to play more.

“It’s such a great feeling putting on this Maroon jersey and I never thought I’d get the chance to do it and now that I’ve had the opportunity to play, I definitely want more.

“Queensland have shown over the past decade they’ve had such a tight bunch of blokes and I guess it’s a new era for Queensland.

“If we can stay together and play good footy for our clubs and come into Origin in form, then we’ll definitely put our best foot forward to go on and play good footy and hopefully win.”

DIEHARD
14-07-18, 04:11 PM
Titans vs Roosters preview on League Unlimited http://leagueunlimited.com/news/32164-titans-v-roosters-preview/

DIEHARD
14-07-18, 04:20 PM
http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/IMG_1659.jpg

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/IMG_1657.jpg

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/IMG_1658.jpg

DIEHARD
14-07-18, 04:25 PM
Three men and a baby: Roosters could be without $4 million of talent
https://www.smh.com.au/

Three men and a baby could hold the key to the Roosters chances against the Gold Coast as the Sydney club faces the prospect of having $4 million worth of talent sidelined on Sunday.

Captain Boyd Cordner won’t play against the Titans and coach Trent Robinson is also likely to rest fellow Blues James Tedesco and Latrell Mitchell from the Cbus Super Stadium encounter. The Roosters are already without the suspended Victor Radley and the injured Dylan Napa, while Cooper Cronk could miss the match to be at the birth of his first child.

Cronk’s wife, Tara Rushton, is expecting this weekend and young gun Sean O’Sullivan is on standby to make his NRL debut.

O’Sullivan was set to be the Blues pivot for the under-20s State of Origin game on Wednesday, but the Roosters pulled him out in case he is required on Sunday. The teenager, the son of former tri-colours recruitment boss Peter O’Sullivan, made his way through the grades at Penrith, but was released after getting stuck behind young halves Nathan Cleary, Tyrone May and Jerome Luai.

O’Sullivan was one of the stars for NSW Residents in their 36-20 win over Queensland Residents last month. Combining brilliantly with Cronulla’s Kyle Flanagan in the halves, O’Sullivan scored a try to set up a commanding 30-0 halftime lead. It wasn’t the first time he left NSW Residents coach Shane Millard impressed.

“I first ran into Sully when he played for Penrith in an SG Ball grand final against us when I was coaching the Steelers,” Millard said.

“After they beat us, they shook hands and did the presentation. Then Sully, who was just 17 years old, walked into our dressing sheds, shook mine and Shaun Timmins’ hand and ‘said thanks very much, bad luck’.

“He then shook all the players’ hands again and thanked them for a great game.

“For a young bloke to do that, that just doesn’t happen any more. It was pretty impressive and I’ve always watched him from afar since.”

O’Sullivan was called into the Residents team at the last minute after Bulldog Lachlan Lewis pulled out to be on standby for NRL duty.

“I’ve found Sully to be a terrific young bloke, he knows his footy inside out,” Millard said.

“I put Sully in and he was outstanding. He and Flanno were impressive in all our meetings and Sully ran the team perfectly.

“He helped put the game plan together and then his execution of it was second to none.

“He’s just a great young bloke to have around, I really enjoy his company.”

The Roosters face a Gold Coast outfit coming off an embarrassing 34-0 home loss to Brisbane last weekend. Cordner was never going to back up after a calf injury almost prevented him from taking part in Origin III, while Tedesco and Mitchell have also endured heavy workloads due to the interstate series.

The Titans clash will be a good test of the Roosters’ depth if most of their big guns aren’t available.

The Roosters sit in sixth spot and need to win to remain within touching distance of the top four.

Millard is confident O’Sullivan will take his chance at NRL level when it comes.

“The football side of it, in terms of the game plan and getting the side around the field, that will be no problem,” he said.

“He’s a real student of the game. It will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure from the inside, the line speed and the lack of time you get with the ball at NRL level compared to reserve grade.

“Robbo’s obviously has got a lot of faith in him and I don’t disagree with Robbo.”

DIEHARD
14-07-18, 04:26 PM
Perfect opportunity for Roosters' lesser lights to shine

Jake Friend backs the Sydney Roosters' young guns to step up in the absence of their captain Boyd Cordner and hard-hitting prop Dylan Napa.

Napa is out after suffering a knee injury in round 16 against the Storm, while coach Trent Robinson is resting his skipper after Wednesday night's Origin duties in Brisbane.

Filling Cordner's big shoes against the Titans on Sunday will be 20-year-old Nat Butcher, while Lindsay Collins is likely to step in for Napa.

Friend told NRL.com he expects the talented duo to make the most of the opportunity and is eager to see what they have to offer.

"Boyd and Napa are obviously two big parts of our team," Friend said.

"Especially with our go-forward, they're pretty prominent in that. But we've got some young boys coming through and it's awesome to see them getting opportunities and I'm excited to see what they can do on the weekend."

Now in his third season of first grade, Butcher is starting to come into his own as a valuable member of Robinson's main squad.

Friend said he hasn't shied away from taking on a vocal role with the Roosters - a strong trait of Cordner's game.

"Whilst it's tough to fill Boyd's shoes, Nat's an awesome player and I'm sure he'll come in and do a great job," Friend said.

"Boyd is very vocal and you know when he wants the ball and I think Butch is similar in that way. He played there last week and was yelling out from that left side and you knew when he wanted to take a hit up - it's great to have a guy so young and keen to get his hands on the ball."

The Roosters are fifth on the Telstra Premiership ladder and will be confident of taking the two points home from Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday.

Vice-captain Jared Waerea-Hargreaves said defence would be the key against the Titans.

"When we played them on the Central Coast [in round 12] they threw a lot of footy at us," Waerea-Hargreaves said.

"With the style of footy they play they ask a lot of questions so defensively you have to be on. We obviously know we can attack so for us it's about worrying about our defence."

After an ordinary showing through the first half of the season, the fifth-placed Roosters are well placed for a top four finish.

Waerea-Hargreaves said his team is confident with how they are tracking with eight rounds remaining but there was still work to be done.

"We're at that crucial time in the season where you want to start or already be playing some good footy," he said.

"There are certain parts of our footy which are really good so our confidence is high but at the same time we know we still have a lot of improvement in us.

JunctionBlock
14-07-18, 08:06 PM
Roosters updated list. No teddy, no Latrell but Matterson is back

https://i.imgur.com/FV5q3o3.png

Titanic
14-07-18, 08:50 PM
We have a snif here.

JunctionBlock
14-07-18, 08:56 PM
https://i.imgur.com/RLHAQhT.png

DIEHARD
14-07-18, 09:26 PM
Keegan Hipgrave fails concussion test, will miss Gold Coast’s clash with Roosters
https://www.couriermail.com.au/

THE Titans have been dealt another setback ahead of Sunday’s clash with the Roosters, with enforcer Keegan Hipgrave ruled out of the showdown.

The Gold Coast will be without their first-choice forward pack yet again, after aggressive workhorse Hipgrave failed to pass a concussion test.

The former Broncos under-20s gun suffered a head knock last week against his former club and has failed to recover in time for the Titans’ must-win match at Cbus Super Stadium today.

Will Matthews is expected to move into the starting side to replace Hipgrave, while Morgan Boyle or Leilani Latu will come onto the bench.

After last week losing Jarrod Wallace and Jai Arrow to Origin duties, it’s another test for the club’s forward depth against the Roosters.

But Arrow said despite the continual setbacks, the Gold Coast have not given up on their finals hopes.

The side’s disappointing 34-0 loss to the Broncos saw the Titans slip eight points outside the top eight, and they now need a miracle to play in this year’s finals series given how competitive the race to September has become.

Arrow is confident the club have that ability, even if they must turn around their fortunes immediately.

“That’s what this entire group has been about this year,” he said of the belief in the club.

“When (coach) Garth (Brennan) came to the club he told us we’re the Titans of new, not the Titans of old. He wanted us to be a team that never gave up and a team that always believed. I think we are.

“We’re starting to build combinations there that I think can go on for the future. We just need to go back, enjoy our footy and hopefully that rolls onto the field and we are chasing the finals.”

There is no denying the Titans have a tough run over the next eight weeks, starting with today’s clash with the Roosters.

They will also come up against the Warriors, Panthers and Storm, who are all sitting in the top eight, and will finish their season against the Cowboys, who will be pushing to send retiring playmaker Johnathan Thurston out on a high note.

Mr Bods
14-07-18, 11:20 PM
Matthews is cooked as an NRL player. Play Boyle.

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 10:59 AM
Matthews is cooked as an NRL player. Play Boyle.

He'll be fine today, Keegan can't poke him the eye again

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 12:20 PM
Titans’ depth further tested with loss of vigorous forward
http://www.couriermail.com.au

THE Titans have been dealt another setback ahead of today’s clash with the Roosters, with enforcer Keegan Hipgrave ruled out of the showdown.

The Gold Coast will be without their first-choice forward pack yet again, after aggressive workhorse Hipgrave failed to pass a concussion test.

The former Broncos under-20s gun suffered a head knock last week against his former club and has failed to recover in time for the Titans’ must-win match at Cbus Super Stadium today.

Will Matthews is expected to move into the starting side to replace Hipgrave, while Morgan Boyle or Leilani Latu will come on to the bench.

After last week losing Jarrod Wallace and Jai Arrow to Origin duties, it’s another test for the club’s forward depth against the Roosters.

But Arrow said despite the continual setbacks, the Gold Coast had not given up on their finals hopes.

The side’s disappointing 34-0 loss to the Broncos saw the Titans slip eight points outside the top eight, and they now need a miracle to play in this year’s finals series given how competitive the race to September has become.

Arrow is confident the club have that ability, even if they must turn around their fortunes immediately.

“That’s what this entire group has been about this year,” he said of the belief in the club.

“When (coach) Garth (Brennan) came to the club he told us we’re the Titans of new, not the Titans of old. He wanted us to be a team that never gave up and a team that always believed. I think we are.

“We’re starting to build combinations there that I think can go on for the future. We just need to go back, enjoy our footy and hopefully that rolls on to the field and we are chasing the finals.”

The Titans have a tough run over the next eight weeks, starting with today’s clash with the Roosters.

They will also play the Warriors, Panthers and Storm, who are all sitting in the top eight, and will finish their season against the Cowboys, who will be pushing to send retiring playmaker Johnathan Thurston out on a high note

gotitans101_
15-07-18, 01:49 PM
I personally don't see Hipgrave as much of a loss tbh...

Overrated by many on here I think. He is no Greg Bird, let's not kid ourselves.

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 02:49 PM

No Greg Bird but credit to a bloke in his first year. He's a hard man and tries his heart out.

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 03:03 PM
Apparently Cronk hasn't flown up and Arrow is in some doubt.

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 03:06 PM

Hopes up and cut down in one sentence. Still that's got to be a net plus.

I'm headed down to the game soon. :thumbsup:

Mr Bods
15-07-18, 03:53 PM

I’ve noticed over the years that opposition being weakened does not tend to favour our chances of winning. In fact our boilovers seem to be when we have nothing in our favour.

It’s old news but I cannot believe Brennan offered up Wallace and Arrow not playing last week as an excuse when The Drongoes had 7 top 17 players out for various reasons. It’s embarrassing.

indoallstars
15-07-18, 04:54 PM

Hipgrave is one the few which has a solid dig each week, he is still young and has a lot to learn, but I have no doubt he could be of a same mould as Birdy in years to come. It's not often you find a yound fella willing to go to battle against the big boys, he tried to take on Thaiday and Lodge last week, wish half our team had the same passion.

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 04:59 PM
Hipgrave is one the few which has a solid dig each week, he is still young and has a lot to learn, but I have no doubt he could be of a same mould as Birdy in years to come. It's not often you find a yound fella willing to go to battle against the big boys, he tried to take on Thaiday and Lodge last week, wish half our team had the same passion.

I've been very very frustrated with him lately. But this line of thinking does appeal.

NZFan
15-07-18, 05:01 PM

Yeah these are my thoughts exactly. He's one of two players in our squad that every time they have played this year they have given 110%. The other sounds like he won't be playing today either. Could be another grim day.

I don't care that Keegan gives a few penalties away, he's a wrecking ball and he sizes up to anyone. Who wouldn't want to play with that guy on your side.

lonegull
15-07-18, 05:10 PM
Hearing Mitchell Tedesco are out

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 05:37 PM
Hearing Mitchell Tedesco are out

Yeas they are, they dropped out of the team list in the last update 24 hrs ago.

- - - Updated - - -

https://i.imgur.com/6B2eHqJ.png

We lost Arrow, I think it was a cork. He didn't finish the captains run yesterday.

Mr Bods
15-07-18, 06:07 PM
Jesus Wept, why isn’t Boyle playing?? I’ve watched a bit of Whtbread and he does little for me.
Elliot is out there warming up with the team as well as Boyle.

So Latu/Whitbread are now both ahead of Boyle. Good grief.

mdrew
15-07-18, 06:14 PM
Great to see Jai Whitbread getting his debut. It is well seserved

Mr Bods
15-07-18, 06:21 PM
Great to see Jai Whitbread getting his debut. It is well seserved

I’d love to know your thoughts on where Boyle is at now mdrew. I must admit I’ve seen Whitbread maybe 3 times so my data is very limited in what I’m judging him on.

5 Year Contract
15-07-18, 06:42 PM
Peats how in the ****!!!!!!!! do you not jump on that ball. the 1% we just CANNOT execute. Great tackle by Mo

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone here answer why Ash refuses to cross field bomb for Don anymore? Just never see it even though its been highly successful in the past. Are we more content for a repeat set than a try? head scratcher

teke
15-07-18, 06:47 PM
Ash Taylor, ths bloke that was suppose to play state of origin lol

Titanic Believer
15-07-18, 06:50 PM
Well!Nothing to suggest they have improved from last week, ugh.......

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 06:51 PM

Only people suggesting origin are the same commentators that any armchair sports fan has more knowledge than.

I'm more worried about the amount of money the Titans are paying for him for this kind of a return. Hope he turns it around in this game or the Broncos smacking won't be the headlines tomorrow.

DIEHARD
We are on the board boys and girls. Thanks to Moeaki Fotuaika. First NRL career try.

5 Year Contract

1 mill a season. If we are going to hold LG and Carty to the same scrutiny he is getting closed to being told to go work on his ****ing game if he continues to serve up this rubbish.

On the other end AJ starting to take the line on. Absolutely loving it! What we have been lacking in a #6 for a while

Titanic Believer
15-07-18, 06:53 PM
There you go! An improvement points on the board...

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 06:56 PM
No nudie run for the MoFo nice work.

NZFan
15-07-18, 06:58 PM
If anyone needs any more convincing of AJ being a fullback, look at that tackle on Fergo. Try saver

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 07:02 PM
Explain how three in a tackle and Will gets the ball stolen from him is "play on".

Now the pocket referee is overruling the refs call of poor play of the ball and a penalty. Do we EVER get the rub of the green at HOME?

- - - Updated - - -

Hurrell still can't catch and tackle.

Ronny
15-07-18, 07:04 PM
Explain how three in a tackle and Will gets the ball stolen from him is "play on".

Now the pocket referee is overruling the refs call of poor play of the ball and a penalty. Do we EVER get the rub of the green at HOME?

- - - Updated - - -

Hurrell still can't catch and tackle.

No idea on that strip, surprised it was play on!

No Try, thank Christ!

Titanic
15-07-18, 07:06 PM
I’m doing my best to keep it objective and restrain myself.

5 Year Contract
15-07-18, 07:06 PM
If anyone needs any more convincing of AJ being a fullback, look at that tackle on Fergo. Try saver

additionally if you want to know why he is there instead of LG...that tackle. Geeze he is a great defender.

Ronny
15-07-18, 07:09 PM
Why are props getting the ball on 5th tackle? Taylor/Brimson??

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 07:13 PM
Ummm, what can you say about that? Thank you sir may I have another?

5 Year Contract
15-07-18, 07:14 PM
Thatll do me turning it off. The referee and in particular the bunkers mishandling of the game I love so much is just ruining it. That was blantantly knocked on off the post. It cant be interpreted any other way. Yet a try. **** the bunker, **** the referees and most importantly **** you todd greenburg for continuing to see this week in and week out and do nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm, what can you say about that? Thank you sir may I have another?

hahaha! gluttons for punishment. Has it ever gone our way?

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 07:15 PM
How can we expect our players to play liek they can win after absolute **** like that? Can we fine the NRL? Or is the best we can get is another apology for losing us the game like so many times before?!?

Dooldog76
15-07-18, 07:15 PM
How many Knock ons do they need to call one?

5 Year Contract
15-07-18, 07:17 PM
How can we expect our players to play liek they can win after absolute **** like that? Can we fine the NRL? Or is the best we can get is another apology for losing us the game like so many times before?!?

The player himself said he didnt score. Its beyond a joke. But it will never change. The game is broken

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 07:20 PM
The player himself said he didnt score. Its beyond a joke. But it will never change. The game is broken

That's how broken it is, Peats was just told not to strike at the ball in a scrum.

lonegull
15-07-18, 07:22 PM
Great to see we can’t even match the roosters reserve grade side, the team look clueless and have no direction

NZFan
15-07-18, 07:23 PM
beginning to think Ash has been the biggest waste of money ever.

Dooldog76
15-07-18, 07:25 PM
Brimson needs to pass...

Whats Doing
15-07-18, 07:25 PM
Gee we are schoolboys. What a joke of a team and that Roosters try. FMD. He knocked it on twice. Just disgraceful

BundyTitan
15-07-18, 07:26 PM
Ash is an absolute sook, got overlooked for Origin (right call in the end) and now he's turned to mud. A real star player would pull up his socks and get stuck in and show Kevvie what he was missing out on. I'm beginning to worry the same NZFan.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I know Brimson is only young but I don't think he is our answer for the halves. He always seems to want to run it and he doesn't have a strong kicking game. Might have to look to the market for a 5/8 (Norman?)

Titanic
15-07-18, 07:27 PM
I don’t care about the officials even one iota, that was the worst half of rugby league by a Gold Coast team ever. Running into each other, missing tackles, dropping balls, passing forward, sin bin, kicking like pedantic wombats and playing with the structure of two year olds ... pathetic.

Mr Bods
15-07-18, 07:27 PM
We are crap
But the referees and the bunker are cheats
That try of the goal post WTF he is either a cheat or on drugs
Taylor is crap
Gee it be nice to see LG on the left and Brimson at FB creating extra numbers on both sides of the field
Gordon on the wing instead of Sami would improve us too

But Nooooooooooooooo the genius Brennan knows footy so much better

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 07:30 PM
It's 8 points ladies? and gentlemen. The internet is blowing up about that try. Non fans are calling for heads to roll. We can quite easily outplay this 2nds team in the second half and that'll be the best answer to give whilst also crucifying the bunker in your press conference.

5 Year Contract
15-07-18, 07:30 PM
We are crap
Taylor is crap
Gee it be nice to see LG on the left and Brimson at FB creating extra numbers on both sides of the field

We are simulatenously playing awful and getting absolutely robbed by calls that again that out and out CHEAT the players and fans of the game! Ash needs to pull his head in or go sit in Qcup. 1 million dollars!!! If LG is gone maybe Aj Fullback. Peachy #6 and gordon to the wing/centres for the year

Dooldog76
15-07-18, 07:32 PM
I like the white spots on Taylor’s head (trying to be positive). That’s all I have.

TitansState
15-07-18, 07:33 PM
Little heavy on schoolboy teams. Even they would know not to do the dumb **** we do.

NZFan
15-07-18, 07:35 PM
I'd be happy with Norman Bundy if there's no way we can keep LG. We are paying Ash a million dollars a year. At least when we payed Hayne that he put bums on seats.

Ash has actually gone backwards under Garth and that was the meant to be the whole reason why he got the job. He'll end up getting Roberts just to please him.

DavidBouveng
15-07-18, 07:36 PM
Ash is playing worse than Carty or LG ever did.

a) he is a sook, and b) because AJ offers nothing besides great cover tackles, Ash is overwhelmed at having to do everything.

Ash isn't in the top 5 young talents in the game at the moment.

If Garth had any credibility he would drop him, but he wont.

mdrew
15-07-18, 07:40 PM
For the second week in a row Moeaki Fotuaika has been our best player, yes that him the 18 year old!

NZTITAN
15-07-18, 07:42 PM
We are crap
Taylor is crap

He does

Titan68
15-07-18, 07:44 PM
Spot on DB

5 Year Contract
15-07-18, 07:47 PM
social media is out for the bunkers blood. Going to be great to see how Toddy responds to this. Watched the replay again and deadset how can you not call a knock on.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh for gods sake handling errors again. I feel like a broken record but week after week we just cant hold the ball at crucial times

Whats Doing
15-07-18, 07:48 PM
Tupou offside and no penalty. These refs are either incompetent or cheats or more likely both

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 07:48 PM
I'm disappointed that our first string outside backs haven't threatened the Roosters 2nds and 3rd string. Nothing we didn't already know.

Ronny
15-07-18, 07:49 PM
Oh Joy Neil Henry as commentator as well!

DavidBouveng
15-07-18, 07:49 PM
social media is out for the bunkers blood. Going to be great to see how Toddy responds to this. Watched the replay again and deadset how can you not call a knock on.

just one knock on? lol. i walked away from league for a few months after the 'hand of foran' try screwed the cows one year... i almost turned it off and walked away again, except that only hurts the titans. cant give up on them.

Mofo going great, Sami digging in.

James looks buggered, and Matthews is another one i look at and think how can you be selected time after time when you deliver that crap.

Peats is trying his guts out as well.

and this is exactly like the souths game - depleted opponent, at home and they GIVING us opportunities hand over fist and we are doing our best to try and be worse than them.

NZFan
15-07-18, 07:52 PM
I think the Brenko experiment should be over. Koni has actually been okay today so far

mdrew
15-07-18, 07:54 PM
FORWRD PASS!!!!!!!

Dooldog76
15-07-18, 07:54 PM
Was that forward?

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 07:55 PM
Ummmm, yeah, that wasn't half a metre forward.

5 Year Contract
hahaha! How can you enjoy this regardless of how we are playing. This is just blatant cheating.

DIEHARD
Roosters score off a forward pass. :frown:

Whats Doing
Yep the refs are deadset cheats. A try now from a forward pass. We should just walk off and forfeit

Mr Bods
Might have been forward but who’s the spud he ran right through?

lonegull
15-07-18, 07:56 PM
Only a metre forward but that’s ok

Titanic
15-07-18, 07:56 PM
Three kids score and we have zip, nada, nil, nothing to offer except over the hill hacks like Matthews.

5 Year Contract
15-07-18, 07:58 PM
Three kids score and we have zip, nada, nil, nothing to offer except over the hill hacks like Matthews.

1 kid scores. the rest can **** off with the bull**** calls. But yes its feeling like the end to our last season when we got belted multiple times but hey only a few more games before we can start foolishly looking forward to things changing next year

DIEHARD
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Faamausili adds to the debutant tally for the evening!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRLTitansRoosters?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NRLTitansRoosters</a> 6-20 with 20 minutes remaining. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TelstraPremiership?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TelstraPremiership</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NRL</a> <a href="https://t.co/H7sJcW3TvD">pic.twitter.com/H7sJcW3TvD</a></p>&mdash; NRL (@NRL) <a href="https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1018434045905006593?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" ch****t="utf-8"></script>

JunctionBlock
Time to win the game.

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 07:59 PM
Luke Keary binned.

I don't think this is over myself. Defies logic but that's how I feel.

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:00 PM
And Wallace delivers carrying three Chooks over the line.

JunctionBlock
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Faamausili adds to the debutant tally for the evening!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRLTitansRoosters?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NRLTitansRoosters</a> 6-20 with 20 minutes remaining. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TelstraPremiership?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TelstraPremiership</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NRL</a> <a href="https://t.co/H7sJcW3TvD">pic.twitter.com/H7sJcW3TvD</a></p>— NRL (@NRL) <a href="https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1018434045905006593?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" ch****t="utf-8"></script>

After watching that I don't think anyone was a Spud.

5 Year Contract
onya Wallace!!! our defacto half tonight

DIEHARD
Bye. Bye.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Keary is sent for 10!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRLTitansRoosters?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NRLTitansRoosters</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NRL</a> <a href="https://t.co/IbQQ5rohBD">pic.twitter.com/IbQQ5rohBD</a></p>&mdash; NRL (@NRL) <a href="https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1018434771469234177?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 15, 2018</a></blockquote>

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 08:02 PM
Ouch! That was over enthusiastic.

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:02 PM
Here is the Wallace try.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Game on!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRLTitansRoosters?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NRLTitansRoosters</a> 12-20 with 17 minutes remaining. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TelstraPremiership?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TelstraPremiership</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NRL</a> <a href="https://t.co/AtklxCMhDX">pic.twitter.com/AtklxCMhDX</a></p>&mdash; NRL (@NRL) <a href="https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1018435185300258816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 15, 2018</a></blockquote>

mdrew
15-07-18, 08:03 PM
No knock on there either

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:04 PM
Damn with Hurrell "knocking on" that Friend grubber.

We are getting piled on here by the refs.

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 08:04 PM
No knock on there either

Never let an incorrect call get in the way of the refs looking after the Roosters.

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:05 PM
These repeat seats are chewing the clock down and our +1 man advantage. :/

5 Year Contract
15-07-18, 08:06 PM
Damn with Hurrell "knocking on" that Friend grubber.

We are getting piled on here by the refs.

Im willing to donate to the garth brennans fine after this one. NRL needs to be held accountable for cheating fans and players out of a competitive game

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:06 PM
Oh FFS Neil Henry is commentating our game again. :nope:

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:07 PM
Look at this grub time wasting.

Edit: A bit of justice there.

Mr Bods
15-07-18, 08:07 PM
This again is my ongoing Taylor problem
He doesn’t step up and own the game when we are up against it
He’s not involved at all this half

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:08 PM
Don't lose the ball, settle down.

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 08:09 PM
This'll be a no try.

5 Year Contract
15-07-18, 08:10 PM
This'll be a no try.

of course

Ronny
15-07-18, 08:10 PM
The fact he claims the padding also got in his road this will be a no try!

FFS.... I'm done!

5 Year Contract
15-07-18, 08:11 PM
that was an absolute bad read by JWH but nah, this is the NRL

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:11 PM
:sadpace: Heartbreaker.

5 Year Contract
15-07-18, 08:12 PM
seriously i know ive said this a million times but **** the NRL. Dont care how bad we have been tonight I still expect a fair game

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 08:12 PM
I think it was a genuine No try but the ref should have pointed at the spot and given it to balance the two tries that the Roosters have been gifted.

5 Year Contract
15-07-18, 08:14 PM
I think it was a genuine No try but the ref should have pointed at the spot and given it to balance the two tries that the Roosters have been gifted.

Agreed! I suppose no different to AJ earlier id say at least they are being consistent but nah

mdrew
15-07-18, 08:16 PM
It is so disheartening being a Titans supporter

Boonarga
15-07-18, 08:16 PM
Four x one out runs off the penalty. Great

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:17 PM
It is so disheartening being a Titans supporter

We have to be a resilient breed.

Hopefully we can make something happen with this set.

BundyTitan
Matthews...how is he NRL a standard? I don’t think he’s done anything good all year.

JunctionBlock
Now I can see why Will Matthews was happy to go on a second tier contract and play park footy.

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:18 PM
No that was PLAY ON! Come on.

BundyTitan
15-07-18, 08:18 PM
Sigh gotta love being a titans supporter. Sometimes you question why we should care when the players clearly don’t?

mdrew
15-07-18, 08:20 PM
Hard for supporters to keep coming back after the last two weeks. I have to think long and hard whether I can keep investing the time I do in following the Titans Junior Development System.

I will still follow the Titans but I just can not justify the time I spend

lonegull
Sigh gotta love being a titans supporter. Sometimes you question why we should care when the players clearly don’t?

Yep starting to think the same some players out there tonight couldn’t give a stuff, feel sorry for blokes like peats and big mo

Whats Doing
Is Matthews the worst first grade player

indoallstars
I need to see Sami dropped, he brings absolutely nothing to our wing. What I would give for us to have strong kick returner which has some size, would get us on the front foot so much better.

DIEHARD
And with that that's it ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for coming.

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 08:21 PM
Just remember 20 minus 12 is 8.

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:22 PM
Just a shame, was watching the Wests Tigers play entertaining footy today and our game comes around and blah.

BundyTitan
15-07-18, 08:22 PM
Hundreds and hundreds of dollars spent on merch and memberships for what? To be disappointed week after week by a gutless and heartless side. Only a handful of guys out there that are actually trying and giving a crap. Every year I think we all say this but nothing changes. It's becoming like a broken record.

lonegull
15-07-18, 08:23 PM
Is Matthews the worst first grade player

Yep park footballer at best now way out of his depth playing first grade offers nothing

5 Year Contract
Yep starting to think the same some players out there tonight couldn’t give a stuff, feel sorry for blokes like peats and big mo

It gets harder year after year. We just cant build a winning culture, the coaches change, players come and go, we get some marquees and they underperform. We get some up and comers who cant stay consistent. And we still perform the same on the field. I dunno. I will always support them and you gota have the hard times but when this club isnt putting in each game then why should I continue to give a ****

Titanic
Matthews would make an excellent pipe cleaner :(

mdrew
No way I can justify the time anymore. Good luck to all junior Titans

NZFan
15-07-18, 08:24 PM
Thought Whitbred was impressive. He can keep his bench spot next week

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:26 PM
Three Roosters score on debut in controversial win over Titans

Three Sydney Roosters rookies scored on debut as the Tricolours outclassed the Gold Coast Titans 20-12 in controversial fashion via a try off the goalpost at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday night.

With James Tedesco and Latrell Mitchell sitting out the game after Origin III along with Cooper Cronk, whose wife was expecting a child, the Roosters handed debuts to Paul Momirovski, Sean O'Sullivan and Poasa Faamausili, and it was Momirovski who scored the game's first try from a Luke Keary pass, after Sio Siua Taukeiaho had opened the scoring with an early penalty goal.

Gold Coast hit back through a rookie of their own when 18-year-old Moeaki Fotuaika – promoted to the starting pack in place of Maroons forward Jai Arrow, who was rested – barged over for his first NRL try from close range.

Blake Ferguson, covering for Tedesco at fullback, looked to have crossed for the Tricolours but was denied due to an obstruction.

But the NRL Bunker did award a contentious try to O'Sullivan when the young halfback had the ball stripped close to the line then regathered to score, despite appearing to fumble the ball against the goal-post.

It was then Faamausili's turn to score midway through the second half, crashing through three defenders to cross beside the posts and extend the Roosters' advantage to 20-6.

Queensland prop Jarrod Wallace became the first non-rookie to find the try line on the night, with Keary in the sin bin after tackling a player without the ball – after the Titans had lost Will Matthews to a sin-binning in the first half.

Gold Coast had another possible try denied due to an obstruction before Keary returned to the field, but it would be as close as they got with the Roosters having enough in the tank to clinch another win and move into the Telstra Premiership top four.

Mr Bods
15-07-18, 08:26 PM
I’ll wait for the next games thread and name the same 17 I did at the start of this thread
Something is wrong
They’re dead set not looking like a team
We should be better than this

And we all walk out losers again

Having said that the referees were unbelievable tonight
Diabolical
I’m freezing
Over and Out

5 Year Contract
15-07-18, 08:27 PM
I was going to be in the GC in a few weeks and was going to watch them play the warriors but im not shelling out anymore money this year to support this. Ill vote with my wallet moving forward. If we as a club think this is acceptable and that people pay their hard earned money to show up and see this then that will do me.

Mr Bods
15-07-18, 08:28 PM

Come on mdrew
Regroup brother

NZTITAN
15-07-18, 08:31 PM
Hilarious game to watch from start to finish! had a great time!

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:32 PM
Watch the captains and coaches of the Titans and Roosters discuss their round 18 clash in the Telstra Premiership.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2018/07/15/post-match-press-conference/

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:33 PM
Hilarious game to watch from start to finish! had a great time!

I guess that is one way to look at it! :laugh:

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:39 PM

Hang in there brother.

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/15.1.gif

BundyTitan
15-07-18, 08:42 PM
Fair play to Brimson though, was no doubt our best on ground. Made so many crucial tackles especially on the line and the score probably would have been a lot worse without him. Made a couple of little breaks as well that just weren’t capatlised on by the others (what’s new with this team). Still think he’s a fullback long term.

MoFo was also outstanding and scored a deserved first career try. Works so hard and it’s easy to forget this guy is only 18. Going to be a great talent for us and is developing with each game.

If only the rest played with the enthusiasm and heart that these young blokes do. Embarassing effort by so many tonight.

JunctionBlock
15-07-18, 08:43 PM
Brennan is fired up about the refs. Good conference.

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 08:44 PM
Fair play to Brimson though, was no doubt our best on ground. Made so many crucial tackles especially on the line and the score probably would have been a lot worse without him. Made a couple of little breaks as well that just weren’t capatlised on by the others (what’s new with this team). Still think he’s a fullback long term.

MoFo was also outstanding and scored a deserved first career try. Works so hard and it’s easy to forget this guy is only 18. Going to be a great talent for us and is developing with each game.

If only the rest played with the enthusiasm and heart that’s these young blokes do. Embarassing effort by so many tonight.

:thumbsup: Definite hope in the youth there. Brimson's effort was noticeable.

Titanic
15-07-18, 08:44 PM
We can be angry, frustrated and totally peeved but we can't be quitters ... not at this stage of the season ... this is a game we should have won and probably would have without Matthews ... worst game by any player I have ever witnessed, assisted by a clueless bunch of officials. Sleep well, we only have the haters to face tomorrow.

Titanic Believer
15-07-18, 08:52 PM
It sure is frustrating. I am constantly annoyed that I continue to inflict such suffering on myself watching the Titans (and the refereeing) especially since there are so many other injustices in this world to be depressed about.

DavidBouveng
15-07-18, 09:03 PM
WOW! Brimson stood the hell up. good on you young man.

he was the hustling, bustling, trying little ninja we needed. if he had any help we may have won despite the refs being paid their wages straight from Politis Holdings PTY LTD.

MoFo was awesome. Cant wait to see him in the rotation with Big Boppin' Barnstormin' Boyd, James, Wallace, King.

Wallace was trying his best after a lacklustre origin series. Was happy with him.

Ash is a mess and if he wasn't such a 'name' with strong sway with board and coach he would rightfully be dropped.

Gordon was trying his best as always. he must have had a few tackle busts.

Matthews...its not me..its you. ba bye. plays dumb like hipgrave without the physicality or impact.

I can't quite see the problem with Sami? he always seems to be having a go. I'm happy for someone to point out what i'm missing. He seems to have a good attitude and high effort. he does jink a bit, a la Nene, but usually its to get between defenders and some space for leg drive. hes not the finished product by any means, but i just think he needs to stay out there and keep going and developing while the rest of the team gets their crap together.

did i mention Ash was a mess.

Lets finish with the positive - Mofo and AJ tonight showed they could be 100+ game titans. Kids we can watch and feel good about. That's what i'm choosing to remember tonight as i try to digest. if i were to let the Refs and our marquee mans efforts dictate my feelings it would be a long lonely night. i might go see if any of my neighbours have a dog

DIEHARD
15-07-18, 09:11 PM
We can be angry, frustrated and totally peeved but we can't be quitters ... not at this stage of the season ... this is a game we should have won and probably would have without Matthews ... worst game by any player I have ever witnessed, assisted by a clueless bunch of officials. Sleep well, we only have the haters to face tomorrow.

I can't ever quit because my username is DIEHARD. :ugh:

Titanic Believer
15-07-18, 09:13 PM
WOW! Brimson stood the hell up. good on you young man.

he was the hustling, bustling, trying little ninja we needed. if he had any help we may have won despite the refs being paid their wages straight from Politis Holdings PTY LTD.

MoFo was awesome. Cant wait to see him in the rotation with Big Boppin' Barnstormin' Boyd, James, Wallace, King.

Wallace was trying his best after a lacklustre origin series. Was happy with him.

Ash is a mess and if he wasn't such a 'name' with strong sway with board and coach he would rightfully be dropped.

Gordon was trying his best as always. he must have had a few tackle busts.

Matthews...its not me..its you. ba bye. plays dumb like hipgrave without the physicality or impact.

I can't quite see the problem with Sami? he always seems to be having a go. I'm happy for someone to point out what i'm missing. He seems to have a good attitude and high effort. he does jink a bit, a la Nene, but usually its to get between defenders and some space for leg drive. hes not the finished product by any means, but i just think he needs to stay out there and keep going and developing while the rest of the team gets their crap together.

did i mention Ash was a mess.

Lets finish with the positive - Mofo and AJ tonight showed they could be 100+ game titans. Kids we can watch and feel good about. That's what i'm choosing to remember tonight as i try to digest. if i were to let the Refs and our marquee mans efforts dictate my feelings it would be a long lonely night. i might go see if any of my neighbours have a dog

I have a dog. For some reason he doesnt seem to care..

Mr Bods
15-07-18, 09:22 PM

Titans till I die brother I love the fact we have a team to watch and I’ll always rock up
But
We have got to improve so much
And
Stop getting cheated on nearly every week

DavidBouveng
15-07-18, 09:24 PM
agree bods.

of all the calls were the other way around, we wouldnt get the knock on try, we would have got called on the forward pass, then the roosters would have scored Wallace's try and the interference deems to be defender decision.

I'm just glad we aren't actually in contention for anything or this would have been really hard to take

Titanic Believer
15-07-18, 09:28 PM
I think Sami tries hard but isn't he too slow to be a winger?

DavidBouveng
15-07-18, 09:38 PM
I think Sami tries hard but isn't he too slow to be a winger?

have we seen him in space? i dont think we really have seen him open up but i think he is adequate without being in Val Holmes / Ado Carr Territory.

actually from memory - i feel like he BURNT GAS and chased the piss out of someone form tigers last week. was lightning is i recall - maybe someone else can step in on this

Mr Bods
15-07-18, 10:11 PM
I don’t have any massive issues with Sami accept I have a total obsession with wanting us to have a 1679 Of AJ/LG/Taylor/Peats and as a flow on of that it means Gordon goes to the wing meaning Sami probably makes way.

DavidBouveng
15-07-18, 10:14 PM
I don’t have any massive issues with Sami accept I have a total obsession with wanting us to have a 1679 Of AJ/LG/Taylor/Peats and as a flow on of that it means Gordon goes to the wing meaning Sami probably makes way.

we are getting miles of track here, but if this is just to try some people, why not move Sami to centre instead of out of team. he is a centre long term anyways probably, and he played 4 games there last year i think. Copley is injured, Koni unfit.

Mr Bods
15-07-18, 10:18 PM
we are getting miles of track here, but if this is just to try some people, why not move Sami to centre instead of out of team. he is a centre long term anyways probably, and he played 4 games there last year i think. Copley is injured, Koni unfit.

Don’t have a problem with that at all, Sami at under 20s level was predominantly a Centre and Lee/Hurrell both have issues especially with defence and basic concentration.

gcboyz
15-07-18, 11:17 PM
Will Matthews needed to be flicked, not good enough for Q cup. Ash had a horror game, needs to step up.
The NRL has some serious explaining to do about the quality of their Refs and Touchies. Totally fed up with being screwed over every week. Heads need to roll when it costs us members and supporters. We played like garbage, but yet the refs still find ways to make us look even worse. I reckon Brennan might strip some paint of the NRL walls with his call to Greenburg.

GCTTSD
16-07-18, 12:12 AM
The reffing was terrible, and the worst part about the refereeing is it gives Garth an excuse for losing, but the fact is if we even just execute the basics like running and tackling hard we win that game regardless of some of the calls. Ash is starting to play like Hayne, looks like he wants to sook and go back to the Broncos, should be stamping his authority on games and forcing his way into the Qld side. Just hope we've chosen the right half in the long term out of Kane and ash

DIEHARD
16-07-18, 02:38 AM
Cruel end to finals bid
http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

THE Titans’ are now playing for pride after their slim mathematical chances of making the NRL finals all but disappeared following a 20-12 loss to a severely undermanned Roosters side whose three debutants all crossed for tries.

In another match dominated by penalties and referee decisions, the Roosters were awarded a contentious try despite Sean O’Sullivan seeming to knock the ball on after a desperate one-on-one strip by Jarrod Wallace.

O’Sullivan, one of four debutants in last night’s match – along with teammates Paul Momirovski and Poasa Faamausili and Gold Coast front-rower Jai Whitbread, who came in for injured Origin front-rower Jai Arrow – put his head in his hands when he grounded the ball, believing he had not scored.

But in a baffling decision that eventually shut the Titans out of the game, the bunker awarded the try, ruling no knock-on.

Titans coach Garth Brennan and captain Ryan James struggled to articulate their frustration at the decision without criticising referees.

“I thought the player was the best judge of what happened,” James said.

“He even knew that he hadn’t scored a try.”

Brennan refused to comment on the decision more than to say the bunker had made the decision.

“It’s very frustrating, it’s very frustrating,” Brennan said.

But Roosters coach Trent Robinson felt it was a try, agreeing with the bunker ruling that the player lost the ball into the goal pad and grounded the rebound.

With 18 penalties and two sin binnings – one for each side – the referees were at their pedantic best in a stopstart game that failed to flow for most of the match.

O’Sullivan’s try gave the Roosters a halftime lead and it was increased further when Faamausili scored in the 58th minute, although Jarrod Wallace cut the lead back to eight when he charged over shortly after.

Wallace was denied late in the match when Ryan James was deemed to have obstructed Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and while the Titans pushed late, it was ultimately their own errors that cost them a win that could have kept them in the finals hunt.

“If I was a coach that had a more senior roster that wasn’t aiming up I’d be worried,” Brennan said.

“I’ve never made a prediction about where we’re going to finish, I just want us to get better.

“It probably is very difficult for us to make the semis.

“Last week wasn’t acceptable, that was up there as disappointing as the Dragons game was.

“Last week we got what we got what we deserved but today we were better.”

DIEHARD
16-07-18, 02:39 AM
TITANS’ FIVE BEST
http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

JARROD WALLACE

Backed up superbly from Origin despite looking gassed early, almost sealing the win after scoring a try and having another denied. Ran for almost 100m, made 30 tackles and was tireless.

MOEAKI FOTUAIKA

Emerging as one of the Titans great success stories this season and scored his maiden NRL try last night. Made 107m and 33 tackles and again earnt praise from coach Garth Brennan for his efforts.

AJ BRIMSON

In his third game in seven days was outstanding, standing up to take pressure off Ash Taylor, who had another game to forget. With three tackle breaks, two offloads and one linebreak assist, showed he has plenty of strings to his bow. But his best asset may be his defence.

RYAN JAMES

The captain had yet another dependable game, making 123m and 35 tackles in an effort that has become as regular as clockwork. The effort by James after what would have been an emotional week in camp with the NSW Blues as 18th man was outstanding.

JAI WHITBREAD

May not have had the best stats or the flashiest plays but was solid in his NRL debut, just days after turning out for NSW in the under-20 Origin clash. Along with Fotuaika, Brimson and Phillip Sami, Whitbread is seen as the future of the club.

shamus
16-07-18, 07:19 AM
A hyperthetical......The defending team has a man in the bin, the opposition are about to score and the defender strips the ball, the attacker regathers after knocking on (twice) and appears to score. Referee says to the bunker "check it, if no try defender was offside"..So bunker thinks if I don't award the try this defender is going to the bin and this team will be down to 11.

6 points versus ??

Yeah I know.....But that is what instantly came to mind when I heard the ref state Wallace was offside. Coz this bloke was going to score without Wallace there.

DavidBouveng
16-07-18, 07:50 AM
A hyperthetical......The defending team has a man in the bin, the opposition are about to score and the defender strips the ball, the attacker regathers after knocking on (twice) and appears to score. Referee says to the bunker "check it, if no try defender was offside"..So bunker thinks if I don't award the try this defender is going to the bin and this team will be down to 11.

6 points versus ??

Yeah I know.....But that is what instantly came to mind when I heard the ref state Wallace was offside. Coz this bloke was going to score without Wallace there.

yeah we definitely lose him to the bin if it wasn't a try

Menoitios
16-07-18, 08:00 AM
This year was always about building for the future. That's what Brennan has to focus on.

The good news is...if the refs weren't screwing up so much, this young side of ours would be winning more games. That's a good thing moving forward. Even through these hard to take robberies, if Brennan is a good coach he will be able to instill a lot of confidence in our young blokes and they will be stronger for it next year.

JMO, but i'm more than quietly looking forward to next year as well as the rest of this year. The finals are gone so now it's about character building and confidence bolstering from inside. We have a good crop of young players and all this experience can only be a good thing for next year.

NZFan
16-07-18, 08:14 AM
This year was always about building for the future. That's what Brennan has to focus on.

The good news is...if the refs weren't screwing up so much, this young side of ours would be winning more games. That's a good thing moving forward. Even through these hard to take robberies, if Brennan is a good coach he will be able to instill a lot of confidence in our young blokes and they will be stronger for it next year.

JMO, but i'm more than quietly looking forward to next year as well as the rest of this year. The finals are gone so now it's about character building and confidence bolstering from inside. We have a good crop of young players and all this experience can only be a good thing for next year.

I tend to agree but.. He isn't trying anything new which frustrates me. If we don't see some changes this week after that awful performance, then we never will. He appears to be a very stubborn man - even in that last presser he eluded to the fact that nothing will change in the halves. He set the bar regarding standards earlier in the season but some players appear to be off limits and he plays favourites. There's no doubt that Ash could one day be a great player but we can't keep letting him play like that until he finds his groove again. Try something new.

The side isn't that young. Everyone is acting like they are Newcastle from the previous two years. Yes he's a young coach, but there's a lot of experience in that team. I think the biggest problem is he is selecting the wrong players.

JunctionBlock
16-07-18, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't change too much if I was Brennan. Bring Arrow and Hipgrave back. Drop Matthews. If Rein isn't signing for next year then get another forward on the bench (maybe Boyles cut will be healed up). Play the team we will be reliant on next year minus the likes of Peachey and possibly Roberts.

If we can't find a rhythm in the next 6 games then I hope they have pllan B.

Mr Bods
16-07-18, 09:13 AM
Brennan last week blames Not having Wallace/Arrow when the Drongoes had 7 out and yesterday he uses we are a young team as an excuse when we lose to an incredibly depleted opposition.
To me the following players from yesterday don’t fall into the “young category”
Gordon, Don, Hurrell, Peats, James, Matthews, Proctor, Wallace, Stockwell, Latu, Rein.
So 11 of the 17 are not young. I’m starting to lose it big time with this guy.
He’s stubborn, he plays favourites, player development is minimal and possibly negative and he’s an excuse maker.
Before this place goes into meltdown I’m not saying sack him I’m 12 months away from saying that I’m just expressing my concerns that get bigger by the week.

JunctionBlock
16-07-18, 10:07 AM
I think he said he doesn't want to blame not having origin players against the Broncos and pretty much blamed the refs yesterday. When you start getting your ass handed to you by the bunker and then a forward pass leading to a try and refs that won't give the captain the time of day and actually let play start when the captain is questioning the ref I'd say there are plenty of reasons for any side not to turn up.

I sit there watching some of these calls and wonder what would happen if we just walked off the field as a team? If the refs aren't going to give you a fair game then don't give them a game. Let the NRL and refs deal with those headlines for a few weeks.

I come to work and I listen to peoples remarks about us getting robbed and I ask them, "Do you realise what this does to a club like ours? The most die hard fans on the forums want to walk away from the game, dedicated contributors want to give up on keeping track of our junior development because of trash like this. People on social media mock the game that they have loved so much due to these "bad calls" but we'll see the same stuff next week. It rocks to the heart of a small club like ours and yet the Roosters, with all their money and solidarity, get to go on swimmingly and claim a win that isn't rightfully theirs. The NRL may or may not say they got it wrong but it doesn't matter, damage was done on the field and flows on to off field when people walk away."

DavidBouveng
16-07-18, 10:48 AM
I think he said he doesn't want to blame not having origin players against the Broncos and pretty much blamed the refs yesterday. When you start getting your ass handed to you by the bunker and then a forward pass leading to a try and refs that won't give the captain the time of day and actually let play start when the captain is questioning the ref I'd say there are plenty of reasons for any side not to turn up.

I sit there watching some of these calls and wonder what would happen if we just walked off the field as a team? If the refs aren't going to give you a fair game then don't give them a game. Let the NRL and refs deal with those headlines for a few weeks.

I come to work and I listen to peoples remarks about us getting robbed and I ask them, "Do you realise what this does to a club like ours? The most die hard fans on the forums want to walk away from the game, dedicated contributors want to give up on keeping track of our junior development because of trash like this. People on social media mock the game that they have loved so much due to these "bad calls" but we'll see the same stuff next week. It rocks to the heart of a small club like ours and yet the Roosters, with all their money and solidarity, get to go on swimmingly and claim a win that isn't rightfully theirs. The NRL may or may not say they got it wrong but it doesn't matter, damage was done on the field and flows on to off field when people walk away."

A+

i also wonder if James just says screw this, you don't want to play fair then we out... but it would just make it worse for him and the club... but i do think he would be entitled to do it sometimes and would love to see the NRL deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

A+ possibly your best ever post.

i also wonder if James just says screw this, you don't want to play fair then we out... but it would just make it worse for him and the club... but i do think he would be entitled to do it sometimes and would love to see the NRL deal with it.

Mr Bods
16-07-18, 10:53 AM
^^^ Gus Gould once told his Penrith team to walk off the field at Brookvale and the players elected to keep playing and suck it up.

JB back to your post which I wholeheartedly agree with except I believe when a coach says “it’s no excuse but.....” well in my mind he’s making excuses.

Titanic
16-07-18, 12:15 PM
JB, that last paragraph of your post should be sent to the NRL and copied into the Titans ... couldn't agree more!

Upthetits
16-07-18, 03:01 PM
JB, that last paragraph of your post should be sent to the NRL and copied into the Titans ... couldn't agree more!

Agreed

DIEHARD
16-07-18, 04:04 PM

This is absolutely true. You nailed it sir.

We are already IN, but for people on the outside looking in at our club. I'm not sure many people would be willing to make that leap.

I guess that is why our Membership Promo for 2018 looked like this...

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/16.1.jpg

Smile guys. :laugh:

DIEHARD
16-07-18, 04:38 PM
This is how I feel as a Titan fan.

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/mememe3.jpg

Reference: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/hide-the-pain-harold

Hide The Pain Harold, also simply referred to as "Harold" or "Maurice" is the nickname given to a senior stock photography model whose facial expression appears to indicate suppressed pain and/or discomfort.

:laugh:

DIEHARD
16-07-18, 04:55 PM
"However, once it touched the ground it constituted a knock on and should have been ruled that way."

The referees' boss has given his verdict on that supposed 33rd minute try.

Roosters offer mixed views on Bunker blunder try
http://www.titans.com.au

Even the Sydney Roosters players are a little confused over whether teammate Sean O'Sullivan scored a try in his first NRL game, with winger Danial Tupou confessing it was "a lucky one".

As the Roosters were collecting their bags from the Sydney airport baggage carousel on Monday after arriving home from the 20-12 win over the Gold Coast, NRL referees boss Bernard Sutton was ruling that the 33rd-minute should have been disallowed.

He said the officials had determined that because the ball slid down the goal post behind O'Sullivan, it had been knocked backward. That was the position Roosters coach Trent Robinson maintained on Sunday in the post-match press conference and again to reporters on Monday.

"However, once it touched the ground it constituted a knock on and should have been ruled that way," Sutton said.

It had no bearing on the final result, but the controversy raged. Roosters players seemed to be having a bet each-way 24 hours after the match.

"I reckon it was a lucky try, meaning that we'd never seen one like that," Tupou told NRL.com.
"Again I'm happy it got the green light because of the occasion – it was his debut and it was a close game."

Five-eighth Luke Keary wants a closer look at the replays again.

"I don't know, I haven't watched it back," Keary said on Monday. "But just from looking at it on the big screen we thought it was a try. I'd have to watch it back I reckon."

Lock Isaac Liu was willing to pass the judgment to higher authorities.

"Well the refs called it and I thought he did re-gather it," he said. "But it's on the refs – they called it."

Liu was firm in the belief of the win's significance – an away match with five key players out and three debutants in the line-up.

"Definitely it was a good win for us. We trained well and we wanted to play that Roosters footy even with the new boys in there and they did well," he said.

"It was crazy with all three [debutants] scoring tries. ... I was thinking 'Man this is a good win here'. All three scoring was pretty special."

Sutton also gave his version of events on a separate ruling that had Sea Eagles fans up in arms, when backrower Joel Thompson was ruled offside in the 14-13 loss to Storm on Saturday.

Sutton said the officials had made the correct call.

He said the ball travelled forward off Trent Hodkinson to Thompson, who was in an offside position. Thompson deliberately played at the ball from an offside position.

"So it was a correct decision to award a penalty to the Storm," Sutton said.

Sutton also said the passes leading to tries by Poasa Faamausili [Roosters] and Suliasi Vunivalu [Storm} - that many felt were forward - were "judgment calls" made in real time with the officials in good positions to rule.

JunctionBlock
16-07-18, 05:31 PM
"It had no bearing on the result".......thanks, not sure about that but I guess we can all move on and live happily ever after.

#we are all Harold

(had to add spaces or it looked like "we a real Harold" and that's just confusing.)

5 Year Contract
16-07-18, 06:07 PM
"It had no bearing on the result".......thanks, not sure about that but I guess we can all move on and live happily ever after.

#we are all Harold

(had to add spaces or it looked like "we a real Harold" and that's just confusing.)

Even if it did have a bearing on the game it makes sweet FA difference as it wouldnt change the result. Nah lets just let the bunker and refs shamble on to the next monumental stuff up and then when a team gets jipped in the finals ole toddy will just shrug and the wheel of **** will continue to roll on. Not good enough if there is a dropped to QCup for video referees then those in charge last night needs to be dropped to manning speed cameras

Titanic
16-07-18, 07:08 PM
Well that solves that ... not at all, just add the other atrocities to it then weigh-up whether it made a difference or not.

Toads
18-07-18, 04:07 PM
Just looking forward to a good entertaining game being played at Home at some stage this year. Even visiting teams of late have been playing woeful footy at CBUS. Feel for those that turn up every home game and have to sit through that.

- - - Updated - - -

Can blame the Officials for their bad calls, but we can't pin our poor performance on them.