Thread End

rj62
02-07-18, 07:37 AM
Fk the Broncos

Thread End

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

lonegull
02-07-18, 09:01 AM
Who will origin effect more with the players unavailable with selection in their relevant state sides, Arrow could be the only titan but Brisbane could have quiet a few in the teams.

Mr Bods
02-07-18, 09:55 AM
Arrow and Wallace chosen for QLD

Oates, McCullogh and McGuire from the slime

Jimmy The Ingrate for NSW

Ryan James 18th man so he will be playing for us.

BundyTitan
02-07-18, 10:08 AM
We are definitely lucky that they've lost a couple through Origin and we will still have Ash and likely James too. A very winnable game for us and looking forward to it, however our forwards will have to step up with JWall and Arrow missing.

Mr Bods
02-07-18, 10:33 AM
I guess Boyle and Latu come in?

DIEHARD
02-07-18, 11:15 AM
The NRL are ****ing morons for scheduling a QLD team derby one week before Origin 3.

Titanic
02-07-18, 12:37 PM
The NRL are ****ing morons for scheduling a QLD team derby one week before Origin 3.When have they ever not been moronic in their scheduling? They are like Qld meteorologists who can't even look out the friggin' window.

If they're fit and available I predict Brennan team as this:

1. Gordon
2. Don
3. Copley
4. Lee
5. Sami
6. Brimson
7. Taylor
8. James
9. Peats
10. Stockwell
11. Matthews
12. Proctor
13. Hipgrave

14. Rein
15. Boyle
16. Matthews
17. Fotuaika

Upthetits
02-07-18, 12:43 PM
As 18th man does that mean James can't play?

Mr Bods
02-07-18, 01:14 PM
Titanic you have Matthews listed twice. You probably need to fit Latu in there somewhere.

Dobes
02-07-18, 03:04 PM
When have they ever not been moronic in their scheduling? They are like Qld meteorologists who can't even look out the friggin' window.

If they're fit and available I predict Brennan team as this:

1. Gordon
2. Don
3. Copley
4. Lee
5. Sami
6. Brimson
7. Taylor
8. James
9. Peats
10. Stockwell
11. Matthews
12. Proctor
13. Hipgrave

14. Rein
15. Boyle
16. Matthews
17. Fotuaika

Latu in at 16, otherwise that team is solid considering its origin period.

DavidBouveng
02-07-18, 03:51 PM
yeah we don't lose as much as they do, Arrow our big loss, although with Cordner is serious doubt, James could easily get a run.

I'm almost counting on it.

Mr Bods
02-07-18, 03:58 PM
^^^ Cordner says his injury is minor and is confident he will play
But he might be delusional
Who knows

Titanic
02-07-18, 04:14 PM
Latu in at 16, otherwise that team is solid considering its origin period.Yes my bad ... one of Matthews is enough :)

JunctionBlock
03-07-18, 05:30 AM
Tariq Sims would slot in for Cordner either way.

DavidBouveng
03-07-18, 07:09 AM
Yes, and Tariq is already on the bench. So James as 18th man will come into the 17 to replace Tariq on the bench if Cordner is out.

unless they wanna go with 16, but that would be a bold strategy.

BundyTitan
03-07-18, 07:35 AM
Brimson selected in U20s Queensland Origin side. Does this mean he is out of the game vs Broncos too?

JunctionBlock
03-07-18, 07:54 AM
Yes, and Tariq is already on the bench. So James as 18th man will come into the 17 to replace Tariq on the bench if Cordner is out.

unless they wanna go with 16, but that would be a bold strategy.

Hahahaha, you make a good point. I hadn't realised Prior was dropped.

Titanic
03-07-18, 09:50 AM
Isn’t Hodges the 20’s coach? Another Broncos way to weaken the team.

DavidBouveng
03-07-18, 10:23 AM
Hahahaha, you make a good point. I hadn't realised Prior was dropped.

Yeah Fittler has done some odd stuff. i sorta like it, giving that last spot to a floating forward to see if someone can claim it, also giving a few a taste, although think James was hard done by in the second game.

Dobes
03-07-18, 10:56 AM
If Brimson is gone for this game, I'd be keen to see how Elgey goes if he's called back up. Hopefully that time in the QCUP has done a bit of good. Also, you'd think his confidence wouldn't be an issue with this one being at home and against a very depleted Broncos side.

BundyTitan
03-07-18, 11:05 AM
Apparently Brimson will be able to play according to the Titans on twitter. Good news.

Mr Bods
03-07-18, 11:57 AM
The noises coming out of the blues camp suggests they are confident Cordner will play

JunctionBlock
03-07-18, 03:27 PM
https://i.imgur.com/msNhO0s.png

lonegull
03-07-18, 03:38 PM
Koni on the bench?? Surely Garth isn't thinking of playing him in the forwards

Mr Bods
03-07-18, 03:49 PM
Koni on the bench?? Surely Garth isn't thinking of playing him in the forwards

Total head scratcher. I can’t see the rationale behind it. Surely Latu ends up being in the 17 for Koni.

Upthetits
03-07-18, 06:50 PM
He definitely has not got the motor to play in the forwards

Mexican titan
03-07-18, 07:24 PM
Apparently Brimson will be able to play according to the Titans on twitter. Good news.

That's good to hear. Brimson is pretty much a set NRL player now and he shouldn't be playing under 20's rep level and risking playing in an unnecessary game.

DavidBouveng
03-07-18, 07:26 PM
although i wonder if Brimson will play NEXT week, if he plays Sunday for us, then Wednesday for QLd.

would be rough for a 10 gamer to play 3 in 8 days.

Mexican titan
03-07-18, 07:57 PM
although i wonder if Brimson will play NEXT week, if he plays Sunday for us, then Wednesday for QLd.

would be rough for a 10 gamer to play 3 in 8 days.

Yeah it would be and not great for the Titans. If he plays the U20 game for Qld and then backs up for us and has a shocker it could jeopardise his Titans position (in the very short term at least).
I guess my point is that he has gone past Under 20's level stuff now and should give it a miss.

Mr Bods
03-07-18, 09:04 PM
Gee I hope the playing group are talking about what went down at home against the Drongoes last year and how important this game is to us every time we play them.

Titanic
03-07-18, 10:21 PM
Is Latu the most expensive waste of space ever?

Mr Bods
03-07-18, 10:35 PM

Titanic how short is your memory? Come on man I’ll give you a hint “trip a deal”.

DIEHARD
03-07-18, 10:54 PM
Garth Brennan selects Konrad Hurrell on bench for Gold Coast Titans and Brisbane Broncos clash

TITANS coach Garth Brennan has taken a leaf out of his opposite number’s book for Gold Coast’s Round 17 NRL blockbuster against the Broncos.

Veteran Brisbane mentor Wayne Bennett has deployed the unusual strategy of playing an outside back such as Tom Opacic or Kotoni Staggs on the bench for the majority of his side’s matches in 2018.

Now, in the absence of Maroons forwards Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace, Brennan has opted to call up out of favour centre Konrad Hurrell onto his bench for the home derby.

Brennan admitted Hurrell could potentially play a role in the forwards as a “big body” but is far more likely to either fill in out wide or sit the entire 80 minutes on the bench.

Joining Hurrell on the bench are hooker Mitch Rein and props Morgan Boyle and Moeaki Fotuaika, with starting No.9 Nathan Peats also an option to spend some time in the forward pack.

“There would have to be some major things go wrong to move him (Hurrell) into the forwards,” Brennan said.

“He’s there to cover any sort of thing that might go wrong out wide.

“Against the Bulldogs we only used 16 men so it doesn’t necessarily mean that 17th player will get any game time at all if all pans out well and everyone stays healthy.

“But it is important that we have someone that can cover the outside backs there anyway just in case.”

Hurrell has not played NRL since May after being dropped to the Intrust Super Cup.

Gold Coast are sweating on the fitness of forwards Jack Stockwell and Will Matthews, who are both battling shoulder niggles.

Having won their past two games, the Titans will now look to erase memories of their horror 54-0 defeat the last time the Broncos visited Cbus Super Stadium 11 months ago.

Brisbane will be without six of their top players, however, with Matt Gillett and Jack Bird injured and Corey Oates, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire and James Roberts all in Origin camp.

A number of former stars will be in action before the Round 17 match as part of the Deadly Choices All-Star Invitational curtain-raiser.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

DIEHARD
03-07-18, 10:56 PM
Titans v Broncos: Origin call-ups take heavy toll on derby
https://www.nrl.com/

Little Brother got the better of Big Brother when the Titans upset the Broncos 26-14 in round four at Suncorp Stadium, and there's a good chance they could complete a 2-0 regular season sweep on Sunday, despite the absence of Queensland Origin reps Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace.

The fact Brisbane are also without four Origin stars makes it a pretty even contest on paper and puts extra responsibility on experienced campaigners Darius Boyd and Sam Thaiday to lead the way for the Broncos, while axed Maroons utility Anthony Milford should also be keen to prove a point.

The Broncos pulled off a great escape last week, scoring late tries to snatch a 26-22 win over Canberra. Coach Wayne Bennett will demand a more complete 80-minute effort on Sunday, knowing any loss at this stage of the season is potentially disastrous.

Of all the teams in the bottom eight, the Titans are probably playing the best football, and the presence of Ryan James after he was released by the Blues will give them a huge boost.

The Titans have won their past two games – both on the road – and are playing with more confidence now than they have at any other stage this season. That's a dangerous situation for every top-eight team they face over the final nine rounds.

Key match-up: It's no coincidence that the Titans have won their past two games with good performances from halfback Ash Taylor. He has all the skills and will be relishing his head-to-head battle with Milford, especially with Arrow and Wallace on Origin duty. Milford will welcome the challenge and be keen to make a statement after being dropped from the Queensland team for Origin III.

For the Titans to win: While Taylor must continue to provide direction and scoring opportunities, the steady play of his halves partner AJ Brimson has also been integral in the Titans' improved performances. If experienced back-rower Kevin Proctor can inspire the forwards to deliver, Brimson and Taylor have the ability to cause havoc.

For the Broncos to win: Just like the Titans will rely heavily on their halves, Brisbane need Milford and Kodi Nikorima to show why they are representative players. The Broncos can't afford to start slowly like they did against the Raiders. Boyd and Thaiday have to provide their veteran leadership in what is a crucial game for the eighth-placed Broncos.

Titans stat attack: Halfback Ash Taylor leads the NRL with 16 try assists, two clear of Roosters five-eighth Luke Keary. The Titans will have to find others to make up for the 365 metres that Maroons pair Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace made between them last week.

Broncos stat attack: Can the Broncos put a huge dent in the finals hope of a second side in as many weeks? Last week they beat the Raiders to jump six point clear of ninth. This week they can move eight points ahead of the Titans by beating Garth Brennan's team.

And another thing: On the same day he turns 24, the Queensland team that Anthony Milford was axed from will host NSW in game three of an Origin series the Maroons have already lost. Some say his sacking was deserved, others say he's a scapegoat. Regardless, this is a very important week for 'Milf' and the Broncos and it'll be intriguing to see how he handles his controversial axing.

Gold Coast Titans v Brisbane Broncos, Sunday 4.10pm Cbus Super Stadium

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Dale Copley, 4 Brenko Lee, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 AJ Brimson, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jack Stockwell, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Will Matthews, 13 Keegan Hipgrave

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Morgan Boyle, 16 Konrad Hurrell, 17 Moeaki Fotuaika

Reserves: 18 Leilani Latu, 19 Kane Elgey, 20 Ryan Simpkins, 21 Brendan Elliott

With prop Jarrod Wallace and lock Jai Arrow called into the Queensland team, Jack Stockwell and Will Matthews move from the bench to the starting pack while Morgan Boyle and Konrad Hurrell get recalled on the bench. Five-eighth AJ Brimson has been named for the Queensland under-20s and could end up playing three games in eight days if he does not withdraw from next Wednesday's Origin curtain-raiser.

Broncos: 1 Darius Boyd (c), 2 Jonus Pearson, 3 Tom Opacic, 4 Jordan Kahu, 5 Jamayne Isaako, 6 Anthony Milford, 7 Kodi Nikorima, 8 Matthew Lodge, 9 Jake Turpin, 10 Sam Thaiday, 17 Alex Glenn, 12 Jaydn Su'A, 13 Joe Ofahengaue

Interchange: 14 Patrick Mago, 15 Tevita Pangai jnr, 16 Korbin Sims, 17 Kotoni Staggs

Reserves: 18 Patrick Carrigan, 19 David Fifita, 20 Sam Tagataese, 21 Sam Scarlett

With James Roberts, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire and Corey Oates called up for Origin duty, Brisbane have winger Jonus Pearson and centre Tom Opacic rejoining the backline (replaced on the bench by Kotoni Staggs) while Jake Turpin makes his NRL debut at hooker. Joe Ofahengaue returns at lock for McGuire and Jaydn Su'A has been named in the second row despite a foot concern. Tevita Pangai jnr has been named to return from a rib injury on the bench, displacing last week's debutant David Fifita (reserves).

Head-to-head: Played 24; Broncos 18 wins, Titans 6 wins
Previous result: Titans won 26-18 at Suncorp Stadium in round 4
Points per game: Titans 19.7; Broncos 19.6
Points conceded per game: Titans 24.5; Broncos 22.3
Televised: Live on Nine, Fox League

DIEHARD
03-07-18, 10:57 PM
Titans building momentum but don't mention finals just yet
https://www.nrl.com

It's back-to-back wins for the Gold Coast and coach Garth Brennan is not giving up hope his side can make the top eight for just the fourth time in their 12-year history.

But he's reluctant to go marching down the Pacific Highway waving a banner just yet.

The Titans muscled their way level with Canberra and the Wests Tigers on 14 competition points – with a convincing 30-12 win in one of rugby league's hardest venues for a visiting team – Leichhardt Oval.

All three sides are still three wins outside the finals equation with nine games left.

"I know it's a cliché but we'll take it just week to week, as we improve as a club and as a team," Brennan said when asked if the Titans could make September happen again, after scraping into eighth in 2016.

"I said at the start of the year we'd be a better team at the back end of the year than the start and it’s starting to come together.

"They're starting to trust each other and believe in each other and believe in the processes I've brought in. We're starting to reap the benefits of that."

Their big brothers up the road, Brisbane, are eighth and they are the Titans' next appointment at Cbus Stadium on Sunday.

After scoring more than 60 points and 11 tries combined from their round-15 win over the Bulldogs at Belmore Sportsground and Sunday's round-16 over the Tigers, they are not just showing no fear of parochial grounds, they are building some momentum at the right time of the year.

"I'm not so much sure about momentum but probably a bit of belief," Brennan said.

"That's probably what this team has suffered from in the past – that they can win and that they're good enough to come up with results.

"We've done it in games against Melbourne and the Roosters where we've been good for 40 minutes – taken it to them but not played for the 80.

"I think when the boys start believing themselves they can put 80 minutes together, then we're going to be a hard team to beat."

DIEHARD
04-07-18, 12:31 AM
Hurrell back at Titans as Brennan covers for Origin stars
http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

GOLD Coast Titans fan favourite Konrad Hurrell is in line for his first taste of NRL action in six weeks after coach Garth Brennan opted for a shock selection move.

Hurrell, who Brennan described as his favourite player earlier in the season, has spent recent rounds playing for Tweed Heads in the Intrust Super Cup as he searches to rediscover top form.

With forwards Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace in Maroons Origin camp ahead Game Three, the door has opened for Hurrell (pictured) to return on the bench for his club’s Round 17 derby blockbuster against the Broncos.

Surprisingly, Brennan is lukewarm on the idea of unleashing the 26-yearold in an impact forward role.

Upthetits
04-07-18, 01:36 AM
Perplexed by the hurrell decision. Would probably prefer simpkins start lock and just tackle anything that comes his way and hipgrave to bench to bring some impact. As it stands our bench doesn't inspire me at all. I'm worried about this week as the broncos always show up at cbus

JunctionBlock
04-07-18, 06:34 AM
As he said, he's there to cover the outside backs. Copley copped a few hits to the head last game. Sami was terrible as well.

5 Year Contract
04-07-18, 07:13 AM

Given our history of big money, zero heart signings he would maybe scrape in top 5. Hey at least he has a few years to becoming a glorified bench player

Mr Bods
04-07-18, 07:50 AM
As he said, he's there to cover the outside backs. Copley copped a few hits to the head last game. Sami was terrible as well.

Crazy stuff. Drongoes have outstanding young forwards and a deep bench, we need to have a rotation policy so our forwards don’t get fatigued.
Maybe even start Simpkins at Lock to do 30mins of defence and have Matthews on the bench instead of Hurrell if Latu is that out of form.

NZFan
04-07-18, 10:08 AM
If he is worried about versatility then why not put Elgey at 14 and drop Rein. If Elgey came on, either AJ or Gordon could cover the whole backline between them. I like Koni but not having another forward in the rotation will hurt. We need another prop or second rower to cover the forwards. Rein's weak defence less than average service from dummy half is getting old too. Peats is an 80min hooker, I don't know why Brennan is persisting with Rein.

Also, do we know who got contracts before the deadline?

Hail Sezer
04-07-18, 11:56 AM
If he is worried about versatility then why not put Elgey at 14 and drop Rein. If Elgey came on, either AJ or Gordon could cover the whole backline between them. I like Koni but not having another forward in the rotation will hurt. We need another prop or second rower to cover the forwards. Rein's weak defence less than average service from dummy half is getting old too. Peats is an 80min hooker, I don't know why Brennan is persisting with Rein.

Also, do we know who got contracts before the deadline?

Upgraded Kiah Cooper (Tweed ISC) and Tony Matautia (Tweed A-grade). Apparently the final spot was able to be left as vacant.

Development contracts were given to junior players Jax Paulo & Darius Farmer.

Titanic
04-07-18, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the update HS

Upthetits
04-07-18, 02:56 PM

Yep, read that. Just confused as he hasn't done it all year (that I can recall) and imo broncos at home is one of, if not the most important games of the regular season as a fan. So not sure why he's taking the chance now. As it stands our bench looks pathetic.

DIEHARD
05-07-18, 11:22 PM
League Unlimited Titans v Broncos preview http://leagueunlimited.com/news/32119-titans-v-broncos-preview/

Toads
06-07-18, 02:57 AM
Good to see Badger is no where near this game..

DIEHARD
06-07-18, 11:42 AM
http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/IMG_1317.jpg

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/IMG_1318.jpg

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/IMG_1319.jpg

lonegull
06-07-18, 11:44 AM
Good to see Badger is no where near this game..

The ref who we got isn't much better not sure how he keeps his gig

Surfers66
06-07-18, 02:09 PM
The stat of tries scored and conceded in the 51-100 metre mark really shows that our backs are just too slow.

ozynorts
06-07-18, 03:13 PM
Anyone want to have a guess at how many minutes Konrad plays before he either knocks on in the play the ball or gives away a dumb penalty...

Mr Bods
06-07-18, 03:27 PM
Anyone want to have a guess at how many minutes Konrad plays before he either knocks on in the play the ball or gives away a dumb penalty...

I’m probably deluded but I’m still expecting common sense to prevail and for Latu or Simpkins to come in for him

JunctionBlock
06-07-18, 04:56 PM

1st over enthusiastic, "trying to milk a penalty" touch of the ball.

Titanic
06-07-18, 05:38 PM
Brennan could have had Hurrell eating out of his hand if he had said, “Hurrell could be my favorite player if he cuts out his errors” instead he dropped his trou and asked to be reamed. Players need motivation not comfort zones.

Mexican titan
06-07-18, 08:31 PM
Brennan could have had Hurrell eating out of his hand if he had said, “Hurrell could be my favorite player if he cuts out his errors” instead he dropped his trou and asked to be reamed. Players need motivation not comfort zones.

Hurrell (like most of the Warriors players) has had dumb errors in him since he started in the NRL. If the Warriors let you go, that says plenty.

Mr Bods
07-07-18, 12:39 PM
Latu and Hurrell not playing for Seagulls today

gotitans101_
07-07-18, 02:31 PM
I still haven't forgotten when they humiliated us on our home ground last year and had James Roberts of all people kick the final goal just to rub salt into the wound. Never forget, I hope the boys haven't.

Mr Bods
07-07-18, 03:24 PM
^^^^ excellent point. That was as disrespectful as it gets.

Mr Bods
08-07-18, 10:37 AM
Whether we were coming first or last it doesn’t matter today is the game that requires the most dedicated passionate effort from players and fans. Hope everyone are there today In fine voice.

Send home the Lodge lovers with their tolerance of Violence against women and kids back to the Poo Brown River City.

I’d love the brethren to do some serious Lodge boo’ing today.

Titanic
08-07-18, 12:38 PM
Apologizing in advance ... I had every intention of getting off the plane and heading to CBus but the old legs just aren’t up to it ... I’m there in spirit.

Mr Bods
08-07-18, 02:16 PM
On the bus
It’s full of Drongoes Campaigners and their kids that no doubt live here
What are we doing

Mr Bods
08-07-18, 02:43 PM
How good is it when u see someone wearing a Drongoes jersey and hat and have a Titans members lanyard on

Dooldog76
08-07-18, 02:57 PM
In Tasmania, I’m hearing latu is on the bench. Better aim up.

C-Whiz
08-07-18, 03:14 PM
Had to work, but anyway, watching it.
Too focused on being spoilers, not enough structure there...

gotitans101_
08-07-18, 03:20 PM
Hipgrave is one stupid footballer.

- - - Updated - - -

What do people see in Hipgrave? He is terrible.

mdrew
08-07-18, 03:27 PM
How unusual the Broncos getting all the calls

lonegull
08-07-18, 03:29 PM
Broncos have 14 on the field with perenara, how he keeps getting a first grade bewilders me, at best he got his refereeing badge out of a cornflake box

gotitans101_
08-07-18, 03:31 PM
Copley having a shocker as well

lonegull
08-07-18, 03:32 PM
Will Mathews is that far of the pace it’s not funny

mdrew
08-07-18, 03:32 PM
Pathetic refereeing yet again.

GCTTSD
08-07-18, 03:33 PM
Refs are bad but our defense is alot worse

rj62
08-07-18, 03:33 PM
Langer completing his usual 70 minutes on field coaching role :mad:

NZFan
08-07-18, 03:35 PM
Gordon's defence again letting them through. I know the break isnt his fault but it would be nice if he could stop just one try

rj62
08-07-18, 03:36 PM
Proctor forward pass , James knock on both bull**** calls

GCTTSD
08-07-18, 03:40 PM
Proctor forward pass , James knock on both bull**** calls

And our missed tackles, All bull***t attempts

rj62
08-07-18, 03:42 PM
And our missed tackles, All bull***t attempts
It’s a wonder anyone in here supports them eh..

C-Whiz
08-07-18, 03:44 PM
the officials that ref every Broncos game are special. And I mean special. One eyed useless %^$#%....

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hes got heart. Our team needs some heart.

- - - Updated - - -

Not much brains, but plenty of heart! :laugh:

JunctionBlock
08-07-18, 03:45 PM
Killing us with speed. We just don't handle the fast pace unless we fight back with fast pace.

Nice try for the Broncos off an obvious forward pass.

C-Whiz
08-07-18, 03:46 PM
Another try off dubious Broncos passing.

TitansState
08-07-18, 03:46 PM
Jai Arrow carrys this team in defence.

NZFan
08-07-18, 03:48 PM

And in attack. Ash is having an absolute nightmare of a game.

lonegull
08-07-18, 03:52 PM

Couldn’t agree more, showing today he feeble our defence is right across the park.

- - - Updated - - -

Another try off dubious Broncos passing.

It was only 1 metre forward so perenara is fine but pulls the titans back on flat balls at best

- - - Updated - - -

Ash Taylor must of been speaking with uncle Wayne

Dooldog76
Why do we do this??? Every time it means something, we crumble. Ouch

rj62

- - - Updated - - -

People sing Greg Birds praise due to his mongrel. Also prone to stupid errors.

I’d prefer Hipgrave every day of the week.

He’s gone now for the game with HIA so we’ll be right eh...everone can stop moaning . I’m sure we have a suitable replacement ....

JunctionBlock
Half time can't come fast enough. If the same attitude from the team comes out after the break then full time can't come fast enough.

rj62
08-07-18, 03:53 PM
Be nice to get some repeat sets ..

Titan68
08-07-18, 03:54 PM
Ash might be having a nightmare of a game NZFan , but the coach will say he was one of our best. There’s just no consistency in this team.

gothabull
08-07-18, 03:55 PM
Half time can't come fast enough. If the same attitude from the team comes out after the break then full time can't come fast enough.
**** this is a disgrace and ash Taylor is a joke and he thinks he can play origion I’d rather Kane eldgey in his place drop him back too w cup

rj62
08-07-18, 03:56 PM
OH good - Koni in the forwards :helpme:

lonegull
08-07-18, 03:57 PM
Got to give credit to Ryan James and big Mo worked there a����’s of in defence in that first half

NZFan
08-07-18, 03:59 PM
Ash might be having a nightmare of a game NZFan , but the coach will say he was one of our best. There’s just no consistency in this team.

Couldn't agree more. I'm at the point where I wouldn't care if he went to the Bronco's. You can guarantee that if he was ever dropped he would sulk and be up the road before the month was out.

lonegull
08-07-18, 03:59 PM
Will Mathews is that far of the pace it’s not funny

Did Mathews have a hit up in that first half would have to be a record for a second rower to play a whole half and not record a single run

Whats Doing
08-07-18, 04:00 PM
Their forwards are killing us with pace. We are far too slow in the forwards and they are dominating the ruck

rj62
08-07-18, 04:02 PM
Did Mathews have a hit up in that first half would have to be a record for a second rower to play a whole half and not record a single run

He copped the thumb in the eye I reckon he’s seeing double at best. Wonder he’s still there

- - - Updated - - -

For months I’ve been trying to like Copley

I really struggle and still am

Mr Bods
08-07-18, 04:02 PM
At least the Titans members wearing Broncos gear sitting around me are having a good time

Re the game what can you say I know it sounds ridiculous but the first 14 points were thanks to Perenara just cheating

Such an important game to diehard Titans fans and we cop this again

Makes you wonder why we sacked Henry. It’s the same flogging at home again.

And Brennan is a disgrace not finding a spot for LG

Titanic
08-07-18, 04:04 PM
Koni has had a decent dig so far ... this is an interesting test of character to be honest ... we seem to be ignoring the basic rules of being a rugby league team such as ‘only pass to someone in a better position’ and ‘run where you have greater numbers’. The refs aren’t helping but we just haven’t turned up. Without Hipgrave we’re in big trouble.

GCTTSD
08-07-18, 04:05 PM
We need elgey out there, AJ is not a 6, and ash is to inconsistent and need some help with kicking and ballplaying

mdrew
08-07-18, 04:05 PM
Moeaki Fotuaika has been very good and is certainly matching the "star" Broncos forwards

gotitans101_
08-07-18, 04:09 PM
Moeaki Fotuaika has been very good and is certainly matching the "star" Broncos forwards

Agreed, the only shining light in this team's performance today.

And people calling for LG lol...I doubt that would make any difference considering our forwards are getting owned.

JunctionBlock
08-07-18, 04:14 PM
I'm glad we bought Koni and Latu in today, honestly. It's good to give them a chance to play first grade. If they don't show up....back down you go.

gotitans101_
08-07-18, 04:15 PM
On second thought, Elgey off the bench would be handy right about now...we have no attacking spark whatsoever.

JunctionBlock
08-07-18, 04:16 PM

One run. Same as KP

lonegull
08-07-18, 04:16 PM
5 minutes into the second half and Koni is gassed

C-Whiz
08-07-18, 04:23 PM
We look exactly what we are. A team with no attacking mojo. Just throw it and hope. No idea, no structure and no result.

rj62
08-07-18, 04:23 PM
5 minutes into the second half and Koni is gassed

Fair play to him though he’s still having a crack

JunctionBlock
08-07-18, 04:27 PM
Looking desperate. Not playing with any confidence. We won't be the little brother down the highway we'll be the little sister soon.

- - - Updated - - -

That take out by Ash almost looks like he was trying to get sent for 10. He's not interested. Same person as last year. hayne rubbed off on him, when you're losing, go missing.

rj62
08-07-18, 04:28 PM
Taylor lucky not to get binned

C-Whiz
Ash Taylor is out of ideas. Might as well go home now

rj62
Looking desperate. Not playing with any confidence. We won't be the little brother down the highway we'll be the little sister soon.

- - - Updated - - -

That take out by Ash almost looks like he was trying to get sent for 10. He's not interested. Same person as last year. hayne rubbed off on him, when you're losing, go missing.

Disagree - can’t judge on 1 game alone

indoallstars
08-07-18, 04:29 PM
Pathetic!!

Atay is the biggest sook show pony!

Our centres and wingers are weak as piss.

Only Fotuaika, Gordon, Peats and AJ having a dig.

Need Tyrone Peachey to take one of those centre spots so at least we can look dangerous sometimes on our outer edges.

Goes to show how much we miss our heart and soul Jai Arrow watching the Broncs run through the middle of us.

Guttered.

C-Whiz
On the bright side it won't be 54-0.

lonegull
Shows today our depth at the titans compared to the broncos We have a long way to go

NZFan
08-07-18, 04:30 PM
Agreed, the only shining light in this team's performance today.

And people calling for LG lol...I doubt that would make any difference considering our forwards are getting owned.

I'd say two forward passes, a kick out on the full and a missed kick for touch says otherwise.

JunctionBlock
Disagree - can’t judge on 1 game alone

1 game? Ok.

indoallstars
Pathetic!!

Atay is the biggest look show pony!

Our centres and wingers are weak as piss.

Only Fotuaika, Gordon, Peats and AJ having a dig.

Need Tyrone Peachey to take one of those centre spots so at least we can look dangerous sometimes on our outer edges.

Goes to show how much we miss our heart and soul Jai Arrow watching the Broncs run through the middle of us.

Guttered.

Also wished Hipgrave caved in lodges scull the prick and gave a 1-2 to Sam Thaiday, both are grubs.

rj62
I wish Sami would just RUN not stutter

lonegull
08-07-18, 04:32 PM
This will get ugly

rj62
08-07-18, 04:33 PM
Their forwards are just too big too strong and too quick

DIEHARD
08-07-18, 04:35 PM
Finally got to go to a Titans game after being overseas. Local Derby. And they play like this.

lonegull
08-07-18, 04:39 PM
Their forwards are just too big too strong and too quick

Couldn’t agree more

rj62
08-07-18, 04:40 PM
James works his **** off for us but there always been something that concerns me.

Compared to others in the competition he doesn’t run with any aggression- he lumbers. Imagine if he ran with some mongrel

DIEHARD
08-07-18, 04:41 PM
And the Broncos have no respect for us. And none should be given on how we play. We are getting intercepted and stripped.

How about the Broncos fans always booing whenever they call for Titans support. God. Bring in a 2nd Brisbane club already.

lonegull
08-07-18, 04:42 PM
Shows again today moving forward AJ is a fullback

JunctionBlock
Has there ever been a time where two on field refs disagreed soooo much?

DIEHARD
Come on Titans. Get on the board.

rj62
08-07-18, 04:43 PM
Copley gone

Bloody hell

Boonarga
08-07-18, 04:43 PM
Like I said last week, beating tigers and dogs means nothing. This game shows where we are.

rj62
08-07-18, 04:44 PM
Has there ever been a time where two on field refs disagreed soooo much?

It’s bloody disgraceful. Not just for us but for the NRL

DIEHARD
08-07-18, 04:45 PM
Dead set that was a try.

JunctionBlock
08-07-18, 04:50 PM
Like I said last week, beating tigers and dogs means nothing. This game shows where we are.

We haven't played well at all, but i'll reserve judgement for when we aren't origin depleted.

- - - Updated - - -

Christ they're having a laugh now.

Dobes
08-07-18, 04:51 PM
It still sucks though JB when you consider that they have more origin stars out than we do. We need to learn to play without Wallace and Arrow. Everyone is far too reliant on them.

gotitans101_
Broncs have way better depth. Who do we have? Hurrell, Latu, Carty, Boyle, Matthews who isn't first grade material....the list goes on. Where are all our young forwards coming through?

JunctionBlock
Raked balls rolling forward gets you the feed at the scrum and a try off that. Nice.

ozynorts
This has been painful to watch. Broncos have 9 line breaks to nil and we have missed over 30 tackles

DIEHARD
Tough being a Titan fan.
36-0 is a ****ing disgrace. No pride in the jumper. Not even against our arch enemies.

rj62
08-07-18, 04:52 PM
Our defence out wide should go wash the sand out of their vaginas

Fair dinkum

JunctionBlock
08-07-18, 04:53 PM
Broncs have way better depth. Who do we have? Hurrell, Latu, Carty, Boyle, Matthews who isn't first grade material....the list goes on.

And they have deeper pockets and have been cheating the cap for years.

PS you forgot Simpkins

DIEHARD
08-07-18, 04:54 PM
So so far... with the last two Titans Broncos game on the Coast. The combined score is 88-0 to Broncos.

Titan68
08-07-18, 04:55 PM
We are Boys playing a Mans game. Nothing changes from year to year

5 Year Contract
08-07-18, 04:55 PM
Imagine paying your hard earned money and be treated to a performance like this. Absolute embarrassment of a game. Nothing else to say. This is who we are as a club, can hang in there sometimes and be diabolically garbage like today. Dont know what the answer is

Dobes
08-07-18, 04:56 PM
They should absolutely be ashamed of themselves. They've got no excuse for playing like that. Broncos have more stars out to origin than we do, so they can't pull that card out. I think the real difference is the depth as someone else mentioned. Still though. They shouldn't have lost that badly. Disgraceful.

The next season can not come fast enough. Even then though, we need to learn not to rely too much on our origin stars. Arrow in particular carries us and when he's not there, we don't know what to do. Needs to change.

rj62
08-07-18, 04:57 PM
The broncos played very well and we played at the other end of the scale.

Very very disappointing

JunctionBlock
08-07-18, 04:57 PM
As a Queenslander, Joe Ofahengaue looks good enough for a front row call up considering our forward depth and if anyone plays Supercoach, Ash Taylor is on 3 points.

rj62
08-07-18, 04:58 PM
The broncos played very well and we played at the other end of the scale.

Very very disappointing

Roll on 2019

DIEHARD
08-07-18, 05:00 PM
WTF are they playing the song 'Another One Bites the Dust' after we got smashed at OUR home ground?!

rj62
08-07-18, 05:02 PM
WTF are they playing the song 'Another One Bites the Dust' after we got smashed at OUR home ground?!

Probably voted via the app on ground

a_guest
08-07-18, 05:05 PM
A truly spineless performance.

Hard supporting this club after so many years of ****. Coach has no idea and signed so many duds that we don't have the depth to compete when having a few out for rep duties.

mdrew
08-07-18, 05:11 PM
Our youngest player was our best.

- - - Updated - - -

I have never left a game early before

JunctionBlock
08-07-18, 05:17 PM
Our youngest player was our best.

- - - Updated - - -

I have never left a game early before

Don't blame you. I think I would have been gone long before full time.

Titanic Believer
08-07-18, 05:18 PM
Roll on 2019

What? With barely a change to our personell. More of the same.

gotitans101_
08-07-18, 05:20 PM

Have to agree. Same old **** every year. Garth Brennan is another myth.

rj62
08-07-18, 05:20 PM

Have you missed the recruits so far? No doubt there will be plenty more.

I’ll still support them , will you?

gotitans101_
08-07-18, 05:22 PM
Have you missed the recruits so far? No doubt there will be plenty more.

I’ll still support them , will you?

How can you sit here and accept a performance like that? Come on.

rj62
08-07-18, 05:24 PM
How can you sit here and accept a performance like that? Come on.

read my previous posts mate, scroll back a page or two or three if you care too.

That last comment was about next years recruits

gotitans101_
08-07-18, 05:26 PM
read my previous posts mate, scroll back a page or two or three if you care too.

That last comment was about next years recruits

Which recruits are you talking about though? The ones who played today were not even up to standard. The Broncos youngsters completely blew us away.

rj62
08-07-18, 05:28 PM
Which recruits are you talking about though? The ones who played today were not even up to standard. Terrible depth.

The ones coming next year mate

a_guest
08-07-18, 05:34 PM
Send home the Lodge lovers with their tolerance of Violence against women and kids back to the Poo Brown River City.

I’d love the brethren to do some serious Lodge boo’ing today.

19 runs for 173m, Joey called him a rep player of the future - funny thing is he's right.

Maybe we should've signed him.

ALX25
08-07-18, 05:35 PM
Sad. Perhaps someone from the Titans can get the commentators next time to talk about Titans juniors. Not list all the ones signed to the Broncos!!!

Mr Bods
08-07-18, 05:56 PM
The FWit Campaigners that are Titans members and then backflip and go for The Drongoes today I don’t give a stuff about your money I’d like you to piss off as you are bad for our culture.

Re the game

Today in so many ways was huge for our club
To be a Chance for the 8
To build supporters due to the large crowd
Get credibility on the national stage free to air
And most importantly this Derby is the most important game for fans

Once again we got a committed Brisbane team

And we got a turgid putrid performance from the players and hence the entire football dept

The club put on a great day

But Brennan and his crew made me question why did we sack Henry As it was the same rubbish

Massive opportunity lost

Titan68
08-07-18, 06:31 PM
So if we’re in the same position next year or worse , where does this club go

rj62
08-07-18, 06:35 PM
But Brennan and his crew made me question why did we sack Henry As it was the same rubbish

Are you kidding??

Why not take a good look back at the vitriol directed to Henry prior to his sacking, from you especially Bodsy.

Those that dare support the coach at the time , I was one, copped it from a few sides.

I’d rather you got off the coach bashing .....it gets old quick.

Whilst this season I was full of hope more than anything, I knew the pile of **** we were left with would take more than a year to fix.

For me 2019 has and still is a year where we make the 8.

Again, I’ll support them , will you?

JunctionBlock
08-07-18, 06:37 PM
Just remember Bods the club campaigns on us being your second team. Their money pays the bills same as yours. Hopefully some good news during the week if we off load Cartwright.

Mr Bods
08-07-18, 06:40 PM
RJ it was the same result
Flogged at home by the Drongoes
I think you need to calm down as it says it’s “made me question” and I’m entitled to that, I’m not calling for his head....YET.

By the way I was one of the latter ones to call for Henry’s head but when I do make that decision I don’t waiver on it.
At this stage I’m questioning as I’m not seeing the individual and team improvement I was expecting.

rj62
08-07-18, 06:45 PM
RJ it was the same result
Flogged at home by the Drongoes
I think you need to calm down as it says it’s “made me question” and I’m entitled to that, I’m not calling for his head....YET.

By the way I was one of the latter ones to call for Henry’s head but when I do make that decision I don’t waiver on it.
At this stage I’m questioning as I’m not seeing the individual and team improvement I was expecting.

Did you, hand on heart think we would make the 8 this year?

And thanks for your recommendations , I’ m as calm as can be. Just a realist .

mdrew
08-07-18, 06:47 PM
One big difference to last year is the incredible strides in our junior development. In two or three years we will be up there with anyone in terms of junior development

Mr Bods
08-07-18, 06:49 PM

No I didn’t have any top 8 expectations
Today was a chance for there to be a glimmer of hope

But I don’t care about that
What I care about is the Derby against The Drongoes regardless of whether we r first, 4th or last has always been precious right back to when I was a teen watching the Giants at Seagulls Stadium and today our fans came out in numbers and we were embarrassed.

The Drongoes players got the memo, our blokes didn’t. AGAIN.

We over the years have had some terrible lineups beat the Drongoes in all our different names and jerseys. It’s a special game.

I’m glad you are calm because I’m not, I’m spewing my guts up.

rj62
08-07-18, 06:50 PM
No I didn’t have any top 8 expectations
Today was a chance for there to be a glimmer of hope

But I don’t care about that
What I care about is the Derby against The Drongoes regardless of whether we r first, 4th or last has always been precious right back to when I was a teen watching the Giants at Seagulls Stadium and today our fans came out in numbers and we were embarrassed.

The Drongoes players got the memo, our blokes didn’t. AGAIN.

We did ok against them in April though .?

Mr Bods
08-07-18, 06:53 PM
We did ok against them in April though .?

That was a glorious night
The drive home that night was a rare feeling of great satisfaction

lonegull
08-07-18, 06:54 PM
One big difference to last year is the incredible strides in our junior development. In two or three years we will be up there with anyone in terms of junior development

Great news as today was the classic example of a club without depth

Mr Bods
08-07-18, 06:56 PM

That is of great comfort to hear mdrew
That does help very much in me calming down
Thanks mate

rj62
08-07-18, 07:04 PM
That was a glorious night
The drive home that night was a rare feeling of great satisfaction

Indeed, we’ve also done Canberra, Manly, Newcastle , Bulldogs and Tigers. Also a couple of 1 and 2 point losses thrown in.

When I think back to the end of last year and every single person predicted us to have the spoon easily, including many here.

The club was in chaos, we had no coach, no owners and seemingly no hope.

We’ve now got new committed owners, a coach who is highly regarded by many of his peers and who, don’t forget as being in charge for only 7 months. It’s hard to turn pig **** into a Rose, but I have all faith he will.

I have too. This is my bloody club , it’s always been my bloody club and will continue to be my bloody club.

This year isn’t over yet, there will be more changes ahead and we can all hope for the better. This club and team can do it, we’ve seen glimmers of it this year.
There’s more to come.

DIEHARD
08-07-18, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the dose of genuine optimism for the future mdrew.

And Mr Bods. That's how I feel. I really expect so much for our derby against the Broncos. As a spectacle and in terms of performance and heart. No matter where we are on the ladder. To be shut out is so humiliating.

On the plus side I got a $40 women's Ten Year heritage jersey.

gotitans101_
08-07-18, 07:26 PM

I certainly didn't expect to get flogged 34 points to zip at home this far into the season that's for sure.

rj62
08-07-18, 07:33 PM
I certainly didn't expect to get flogged 34 points to zip at home this far into the season that's for sure.

I didn’t expect Melbourne to rack up over 50 point against the Dragons either.
Funny game.

Doesn’t take away the fact being towelled up by those twats sucks.

The Proctor forward pass and James lost ball calls and, in my opinion , Hipgrave leaving the field led to the wheels falling off.
That and appalling defence out wide.

Mexican titan
08-07-18, 08:27 PM
Indeed, we’ve also done Canberra, Manly, Newcastle , Bulldogs and Tigers. Also a couple of 1 and 2 point losses thrown in.

Yeah great. Every one of those clubs are well out of the eight. That performance today was as bad I've seen for a while. As someone else posted, Gordon, AJ, and Peats were the only ones giving something. As for the rest:
James - back to his plodding uninspiring efforts. A coincidence that his few decent performances were the immediate lead up games to Origin?.
Taylor - pathetic and playing nothing like the million bucks he is getting
Sami - he must be a bloke that has negative post contact metres
Matthews - said at the start of the year he is not NRL standard
Hipgrave - we need an aggressive bloke like him but not someone as obviously thick. The refs always already have his number
Latu - not worth any words
Hurrell - already been said. Past it.

Yeah, like others I'm spewing about that garbage dished up today and despite your optimism RJ, the same thing happens year after year. If it's not one thing it's another. Will it ever change.

rj62
08-07-18, 08:34 PM
Yeah great. Every one of those clubs are well out of the eight. That performance today was as bad I've seen for a while. As someone else posted, Gordon, AJ, and Peats were the only ones giving something. As for the rest:
James - back to his plodding uninspiring efforts. A coincidence that his few decent performances were the immediate lead up games to Origin?.
Taylor - pathetic and playing nothing like the million bucks he is getting
Sami - he must be a bloke that has negative post contact metres
Matthews - said at the start of the year he is not NRL standard
Hipgrave - we need an aggressive bloke like him but not someone as obviously thick. The refs always already have his number
Latu - not worth any words
Hurrell - already been said. Past it.

Yeah, like others I'm spewing about that garbage dished up today and despite your optimism RJ, the same thing happens year after year. If it's not one thing it's another. Will it ever change.

Being glass half empty, you missed the point.

Would you perhaps have preferred we lost those games to be bone motherless last so you can self righteously stand up and beat your chest and bellowing out ‘yeah......I see I told ya..’? Would that be a better situation ?

I think not .

Mexican titan
08-07-18, 08:45 PM
Being glass half empty, you missed the point.

Would you perhaps have preferred we lost those games to be bone motherless last so you can self righteously stand up and beat your chest and bellowing out ‘yeah......I see I told ya..’? Would that be a better situation ?

I think not .

No of course I didn't want to lose those games or any game. Don't be a goose.
I made one comment about today's game and I have no desire to be an "I told ya" type. In fact I never thought we were a spoon chance this year and was hoping for a decent season. We have had some of that but efforts like today's need to be called out and there have a few to many of them this season.
Don't question my loyalty mate, I've been a Titanium member since day 1 but if you want to see things through rose coloured glasses then go for it.
I'll call it like it is - in my opinion of course.

rj62
08-07-18, 08:48 PM
No of course I didn't want to lose those games or any game. Don't be a goose.
I made one comment about today's game and I have no desire to be an "I told ya" type. In fact I never thought we were a spoon chance this year and was hoping for a decent season. We have had some of that but efforts like today's need to be called out and there have a few to many of them this season.
Don't question my loyalty mate, I've been a Titanium member since day 1 but if you want to see things through rose coloured glasses then go for it.
I'll call it like it is - in my opinion of course.

Supporter ?

Act like one..

Bye gents....I’m out

Titanic
08-07-18, 08:50 PM
RJ, I am 100% with you in perspective ... for sure that performance wasn’t anything short of atrocious but I think we came out ready to rip in, got the worst start through Hipgrave’s ‘red mist’ and when a few calls went against us they lost their way.

Brennan is playing with a bitsa squad and I agree with others that WTF Matthews, Latu and Rein are superfluous to our needs and that Taylor is underwhelming at the moment but there are too many experts backing him in to write him off although Joey wasn’t so supportive today. James has always been a plodder and his worst periods have always followed good press. MoFo really looked the part today and most of the others had a dig. We just got totally outplayed.

All in all we are in a better position now than over the last six years and in front of where I thought we’d be ... not ideal but not suicidal either. Even Bellamy had to build on an already successful roster.

Mexican titan
08-07-18, 08:55 PM
Supporter ?

Act like one..

Bye gents....I’m out

I am. That's why I'm still going after 11 years.
I just read back through the posts made during and after the game. You were giving it the team through the game and after it you changed tone to like "it's not so bad after all".
Nothing wrong with a difference of views. Cheers Mate.

Mr Bods
08-07-18, 08:57 PM
I think those of us that were at the game today are more gutted than those that weren’t and I think that’s reflected in our comments
I find it deeply painful getting our pants pulled down by The Drongoes at Robina.
They are the only supporter group that actively Death Troll our club and it’s our Derby and they are a Big End of Town club that takes our kids away at will.

It matters a lot this fixture. Hence the extra grumpiness from those of us that were there.

Titanic
08-07-18, 09:00 PM
You’re right about that Bodsie. It seemed Keebra Park is in Brisbane according to the commentary.

shamus
08-07-18, 09:29 PM
I agree with Bodsie. As our season is over Drop AT to Qld Cup and bring LG into 7.

Is that what you said Bods??

Mr Bods
08-07-18, 09:34 PM
The CM will print in its comments sections some pretty gross stuff about our club and players but I’ve found the CM Moderator won’t print straight forward corrections to the rubbish they let through. We are up against it in so many ways.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with Bodsie. As our season is over Drop AT to Qld Cup and bring LG into 7.

Is that what you said Bods??

Shamus what are you on about man? I said he should find a spot for LG.
I want to try out a 1679 Of AJ/LG/Tay/Peats with Gordon on the wing and Sami dropped
Or 1679 of Gordon/AJ/Tay/Peats with LG utility and Rein dropped.

Are you trying to stir me up?? I’ve never said that.

shamus
08-07-18, 09:44 PM
Hey Bods I am LG fan. I just thought I would throw you to the wolves with my plan to get LG back into the team.

Mr Bods
08-07-18, 09:46 PM
Hey Bods I am LG fan. I just thought I would throw you to the wolves with my plan to get LG back into the team.

Cool well another option is to try 1679 of Gordon/LG/Tay/Peats with AJ utility and Rein dropped
So I’ve outlined 3 possibilities but regardless FFS Brennan give LG a crack at it.

DavidBouveng
08-07-18, 11:22 PM
lol what a cluster. not going to bother reading much on here will just say two things, not sure if it has been covered.

hipgrave is a firebrand and that's good fun and all, but when he gets into a stink in the second minute, it distracts everyone in the team, and crowd, are all looking to see if its going to flair up again next set, then before we realise they score. it doesn't suit our grinding play.

and Holy Moly, is Kevin Walters glad he didn't select Ash. his failed kick for touch, and his frantic chase of that kick looked like someone had just forgot to apply the handbrake and their car was rolling away down the hill.... he was embarrassed and was the only one chasing that rubbish, and Peats gave him a mouthful after for making all the forwards chase have to defend instead of having a nice set in opposition half. He was pretty woeful today. Less said about Brimson the better.

And James looked buggered the poor fella. after a month of carrying us with herculean efforts, he looked spent trying to carry these numpties without Jai Arrow Wallace to provide at least some support.

2018 is officially over, so lets try a few things, play some kids, give LG another chance or two before the seasons gone to make 100% sure we are happy for him to walk, and even chuck AJ at one for some game time.

lastly... that's TWICE we have embarrassed poor Preston Campbell on a special day for him. his final game we needed to beat Parra to avoid the wooden spoon in his final year and we stunk it up, no heart, no effort and got smashed... and today we offered that to him. He deserves better

Mr Bods
09-07-18, 04:20 AM
^^^^^ indeed Mr DB. I cannot fault that piece of writing from my perspective/opinion.

DavidBouveng
09-07-18, 06:44 AM
should say that i liked Koni's cameo.

He lifted the energy of the team and crowd and dug in with some good contact.

he then also helps cover back line injuries which helps. not in our best 17 perhaps, but i liked seeing him out there

Mr Bods
09-07-18, 07:14 AM
^^^ I think Copley will be missing for a while so I’d dare say Konrad is back DB

Bayside Titan
09-07-18, 08:32 AM
Last nights game was one that you hoped no one watched and this morning you act like it didn’t happen at all.

Firstly what a great way to recognise Preston Campbell in naming the stand after him. The Legend game was a great spectacle and my kids loved it. Well done to the Titans staff for putting on a great day.

As for the footy well ..... did we have a game plan at all ? If we did I’m not really sure the boys executed it at all ? We leaked early try’s which did nothing for our confidence and Henry P kept the Broncos in the game. We were also our own worst enemy in making many unforced errors of which 3 clangers were by our $1 mil boy Taylor. Any excuse Taylor has in moot as you look at the was that Cleary is playing. Mo and Peats were the stand outs for me. Both played 80 mins and played really well.

The glaring issue we have is a complete lack of NRL standard player depth. We have gone to the cupboard this round and it was bare.

Dooldog76
09-07-18, 08:42 AM
I feel everyone’s pain, but the forum is getting pretty negative. Our team is inconsistent. Full stop. We win games we shouldn’t and we lose games we should win. The bottom line is that this frustrating habit of capitulation has Ben in our team for about 8 years. Not sure how to combat it. But as members, and most of us are, we need to be supportive. The club has just experienced one of its greatest changes in its history and we have a rookie coach. I agree with sentiment that Elgey needs to have another run, defence aside, he is light years ahead of Brimson in creativity. However calls for the coach to be sacked etc. is reactionary and futile. I think I’m going to have a break from the forum. I like discussion, but it needs to be balanced....

Mr Bods
09-07-18, 08:51 AM
^^^ Dools nobody has called for him to be sacked. Not in here anyway. Has that been happening on Facebook?
I haven’t read every post especially the ones during the game yesterday as I was at the game but that aside I’d be the one most critical for sure but I’m just questioning what he’s doing at the moment and am certainly not going after his head.
I can’t see myself crossing the line and saying “sack Brennan” for another 12 months. If this time next year we are in a quagmire I can see it then starting to get real.

Dooldog76
09-07-18, 08:55 AM
I think we just need to recognize the situation for what it is. A rookie coach with a team that doesn’t have a lot of depth. He’s made a few bad recruitment calls, to be sure. I just feel as though continuously reading negative comments about the team is tiring.

Hail Sezer
09-07-18, 09:09 AM
Lol jeezus fella's, the predictable knee jerk was extra strong from the usuals after the full time siren.

Awful performance across the park and embarrassing doesn't even begin to explain it but the calls to sack the coach are even more embarrassing. He's inherited a roster of mediocrity with no endowed pride in the region, and has probably the most fickle fan base in the competition to try and ask for loyalty (yes I'm sorry lads but that's the reality of it and everyone else knows it). I'm as disappointed as everyone else but I think yesterday showed more than anything our lack of depth and desperate need for a creative 6. Atay has a shocker and we score no points, build no momentum, build no pressure and get overwhelmed across the park...go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll add that I agree some recruitment and selection decisions have been woeful but we would expect this from a Rookie coach who didn't have a recruitment officer to support the list management for the first part of his tenure.

Mr Bods
09-07-18, 09:13 AM
Lol jeezus fella's, the predictable knee jerk was extra strong from the usuals after the full time siren.

Awful performance across the park and embarrassing doesn't even begin to explain it but the calls to sack the coach are even more embarrassing. He's inherited a roster of mediocrity with no endowed pride in the region, and has probably the most fickle fan base in the competition to try and ask for loyalty (yes I'm sorry lads but that's the reality of it and everyone else knows it). I'm as disappointed as everyone else but I think yesterday showed more than anything our lack of depth and desperate need for a creative 6. Atay has a shocker and we score no points, build no momentum, build no pressure and get overwhelmed across the park...go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll add that I agree some recruitment and selection decisions have been woeful but we would expect this from a Rookie coach who didn't have a recruitment officer to support the list management for the first part of his tenure.

As always HS brilliant post. BUT-where are the calls to sack Brennan? I’m the most vocal in here at the moment I think and I’m not calling for his head, I’m just voicing frustration about a few things with him such as selection and lack of individual player improvement.
Are there calls on other platforms outside of our forum?

Dooldog76
09-07-18, 10:02 AM
Bodsie, no one explicitly said sack the coach but one can infer that this is where it is headed. Look at the posts on here mate. I could count the positive posts on one hand. Tiring.

Titanic
09-07-18, 10:19 AM
@dools, HS, RJ and all those complaining about the complaining ... I completely agree with all your comments. The Forum is descending back into the doom and gloom of the pre-NRL ownership days but we are way ahead of those times ... sure we are playing poorly in patches but as supporters of the club, well in theory if you're on here you're one of those, then let's get some starch back into the Forum's backbone!

DH, it's about time the Forum group did something away from the internet to raise spirits ... any thoughts?

Ps. I think RJ may have pulled the pin judging by his last post and that's totally no good.

Whats Doing
09-07-18, 10:25 AM
I for one am not calling for Brennans head and I think he has done well in his first year.

I do however question why he continues to have 2 midget hookers on the field at the same time and it must have been for 60 minutes. Just crazy against a big and extremely mobile pack of forwards and we got owned by big time in failing to stop their forward momentum. Also Konrad's experiment as a forward was a complete flop as was expected.

Mr Bods
09-07-18, 11:01 AM
@dools, HS, RJ and all those complaining about the complaining ... I completely agree with all your comments. The Forum is descending back into the doom and gloom of the pre-NRL ownership days but we are way ahead of those times ... sure we are playing poorly in patches but as supporters of the club, well in theory if you're on here you're one of those, then let's get some starch back into the Forum's backbone!

DH, it's about time the Forum group did something away from the internet to raise spirits ... any thoughts?

Ps. I think RJ may have pulled the pin judging by his last post and that's totally no good.

Titanic RJ has posted since he said “I’m out of here” anyway in the interest of positivity appeasement then That’s it I’m out of here.
I’m banning myself for 24 hours until Noon Tomorrow so there can be a time of Kumbaya and gently hugging of our inner Dolphins.

See u at noon Tuesday

JunctionBlock
09-07-18, 11:52 AM
Just out of interest what would be correct forum protocol? Obviously when we win, people will be riding the win high and it's not a negative place. When we lose a good game we have a glass half empty (yes empty) type vibe. When we lose and we are terrible this is what we get. Isn't that just human nature of the supporter? We aren't coaching staff, what we say has no effect on what happens at the club.

I'm not sure what the forum would be like if people didn't give an opinion. I guess it would just be newspaper articles cut and pasted.

Do we start a "venting" thread for people to unload in incoherently etc and others to avoid if it's way off topic?

I'll get plenty of varying answers but there are a couple of Mods and some others that have a sense of ownership on this forum that I would be interested to hear from.

From my point of view, I enjoy reading the emotional posts as much as I like hearing the "intellectual" posts. If someone wants to put a coach on notice in their minds that's cool by me. If someone wants to tell me that the team has 5 years of pain ahead then so be it. If someone wants to tell me that we can challenge the 8 next year then cool bananas. Essentially we all agreed that we sucked yesterday. Some of us pointed out the positives (mofo etc) some of us are still more emotional. I for one just told a bloke to get out of my office because he's wearing a broncos hat, but I can also not judge the team and club on that performance.

DavidBouveng
09-07-18, 12:15 PM
nice post JB.

I agree that there should still be a balance of positive and negative, but with the mind on the overall picture.

So i think criticising performance yesterday should be fair game- it was really bad, but anyone going over board saying it shows Garth is no good, or the club is in crisis is going too far.

I have said recently that our roster is heading in right direction, the fact that we almost never mention the back office shows that we are in a much better place than previously, so it just leaves on field performance to discuss, and lately its been reasonably good with touches of inconsistency so i think its fair to discuss the good and bad as long as the players give us some good, and i dont even mean wins, just effort and signs of improvement.

If they cant show effort, like yesterday, what are supposed to say? i like Mitch Reins new haircut? Koni is wearing the extra Kg's well? AJ is making quite a few ineffective tackles, but gosh darn i love his gumption?

Titanic Believer
09-07-18, 01:02 PM
I for one reserve the right to moan on this forum. Who else can I talk to about it? I have to share with those who feel the same pain ie people who can empathize. Sadly, we put a lot of emotional energy into following our team and when they play like yesterday I need to vent or explode!
Comfort came from a fellow near me yesterday. "Don't worry mate, you could be following the Suns"

Mexican titan
09-07-18, 01:27 PM
I for one reserve the right to moan on this forum. Who else can I talk to about it? I have to share with those who feel the same pain ie people who can empathize. Sadly, we put a lot of emotional energy into following our team and when they play like yesterday I need to vent or explode!
Comfort came from a fellow near me yesterday. "Don't worry mate, you could be following the Suns"

I agree with this and JB's and DB's posts as well. I have posted positively after the previous two away wins but yesterday's effort left me cold and there's just been too much of it over the last god knows how many years. Where we sit as members, the vacant seats were on Ticketek for over $70 and just feel for people who paid that sort of money to watch that yesterday. I'm certainly not one calling for the coach's head, nor was I with Neil Henry.
I guess I'm just sick of the one step forward and two steps back that this club seems to be stuck in. I've never sat so mute at a game as yesterday, just nothing to get excited about from the outset.
I think that might do me for a while.

Titanic
09-07-18, 01:44 PM
I couldn't give a rats about what people write except when it is so repetitious that I just go missing for days hoping that whatever it is will just go away. In fact at game time it's pretty good reading at times ... the previous weeks it was all crap until we hit the front then the very same people were cock-a-hoop ... me included.

However, if you work through the boards you will see the same painful regaling negativity which in itself is not illegal on any level but in its insistence is hardly in the spirit of the thread that its being discussed in or the Forum itself. Perhaps JB's got a point, threads have a topic so perhaps there should be some attempt to stay on topic and general non-aligned venting pointed elsewhere ... more to the point though because I hate rules like that, I reckon members should respect each other at least to the extent we are on the same side without making it personal. Just saying and off topic myself :ugh:

gotitans101_
09-07-18, 05:29 PM
I enjoy reading everyone's views except on a day like yesterday when some people were trying to pull positives out of it. The only positive that I saw was Fotuiaka's performance. Otherwise, we were trash right across the park. Outplayed. Not good enough especially in front of our home crowd and especially against the Broncos. There is no sugarcoating it.

As for Brennan, when are we going to stop blaming every single coach for this team's gutless performances? This crap has been happening since the end of the Carty days so doesn't that tell you something? It stems further than the coach imo but we never really talk or hear about what goes on behind the scenes. I was speaking to my brother who is also a rugby league fan and when we were talking about us he said, "Do you even have a defensive coach?" It's been that way for years, yes even when Gilly was our defensive coach, remember?

Does the team lack drive and just refuse to do the hard yards when it comes to defending opposition's sets? Because that's the way it looks to me. On the odd occasion we'll turn up but that isn't good enough.

I am sorry for the rant but I am sick to death of this team putting in gutless performances like yesterday. It's not acceptable no matter how you look at it.

Mr Bods
09-07-18, 06:01 PM

Come out of exile to say WTF
It’s on the daily Tele and Courier Mail apps

It says if you can’t read it “do you think the Titans will be happy about this ? here’s Jarrod Wallace singing the Brisbane club song after the Titans got dusted 34-0 by big brother yesterday”

Returning to exile now till noon tomorrow

Titanic
09-07-18, 06:23 PM
Commented elsewhere but should be fined a lot for such a disrespectful ... aaagh WTF!!!

DavidBouveng
09-07-18, 06:28 PM
crazy if true. Is the video already down?

Hope someone asks him the question

Dooldog76
09-07-18, 06:35 PM

Come out of exile to say WTF
It’s on the daily Tele and Courier Mail apps

It says if you can’t read it “do you think the Titans will be happy about this ? here’s Jarrod Wallace singing the Brisbane club song after the Titans got dusted 34-0 by big brother yesterday”

Returning to exile now till noon tomorrow

No need for exile bods. And apologies if I’ve caused a stir. I’m ok with people venting, I do it a fair bit here as well. I also don’t think we need to comment on the bright pink undies that Sami is wearing. I just think there needs to be a balance and some banter back to the forum. I wasn’t gone for long.

JunctionBlock
09-07-18, 06:38 PM
Maybe it was Jarrods family that Bods was sitting next to yesterday. Titans fans with the exception of one game....

Do they get written warnings in the NRL?

Dooldog76
09-07-18, 06:51 PM
I’m hearing it was a bet. McGuire had to sing our song if the donkeys lost

BundyTitan
09-07-18, 08:29 PM
Fair play to Wallace. Said it was a bet and if we had won, then McGuire would have been singing our song. "I hate those pricks as much as you all do and had to hear about it the whole car trip". So all a beat up in the end.

DIEHARD
10-07-18, 12:18 AM
It's a tough situation. We put our hearts and wallets into the club. I enjoy people speaking their mind and I don't want to see that go by the wayside. But we probably need to work more on focusing on positives as well as projects. We love our sport, because it's something we use to make our lives more positive and exciting. It's the cure for the working week.

Also let's try not to box people into a corner and let people have their opinions too. It's difficult road to tread, but it's definitely worth the time to manage it. And as previously said, we just need to keep a finger on the pulse of the overall vibe of the place. That's also why it's interesting and important to broaden our focus as well, including on junior development (thanks mdrew), new signings and all the other things going on and arms of the club.

I don't really see people calling for the coach to be sacked. And I'm a very long way away from that, hasn't entered my mind actually. I just want stability and time for Brennan to bed down and get the opportunity to let his plans develop.

But games where we show absolutely nothing against our arch enemy the Broncos, they are going to be regular flash points. We aren't just talking about a loss but a walk over. I'm definitely guilty of hyping the derby up and myself into a frenzy. In fact the Broncos are the main reason I am a Titan fan. :fist:

Sorry, I haven't been online too much. I posted a bit from my phone as I cried at the game surrounded by Broncos fans. But just found my laptop charger. :thumbsup:

One of the other reasons I like chatting with everyone is that it's group therapy. Hopefully things get a lot easier for us as a club soon. I really don't think it's this rough for other clubs.

And to people like rj62, we need you on here. We need your views in the mix. I very much agree with them as well.

One issue I have on here, is that it is actually hard to keep track of everyone, who is who, because so many people don't have avatars and signatures. So if you need any help adding an avatar (profile picture) of any kind, let me know.

Absolutely. We have lost that element and we should try to catch up much more often. We should anchor ourselves in the real world. Take it away from the keyboard and enjoy the sport and club we all love. Being based overseas really complicates it for me but I'm back until mid-August.

Maybe 21st July vs Knights, it's an away game? We could watch together.

Enjoying and sharing the sport with fellow fans is the number 2 reason why I'm a Titans fan. It just makes it such a deeper, richer and more enjoyable experience.

DIEHARD
10-07-18, 12:19 AM
Fair play to Wallace. Said it was a bet and if we had won, then McGuire would have been singing our song. "I hate those pricks as much as you all do and had to hear about it the whole car trip". So all a beat up in the end.

Phew!

DavidBouveng
10-07-18, 09:51 AM
that's actually a pretty funny bet. good on them.

golf ( top golf?), skirmish, beers and food for an away game at parkwood, Go Karting.

just + beer on to all of them whatever we decide

Mr Bods
10-07-18, 01:36 PM

Hey Bundy is there a source or link to this comment about it being a bet? I believe it 100% but I’d just like to read something about it.

And I’m back from exile. Hope someone out there missed me.

JunctionBlock
10-07-18, 03:04 PM
Hey Bundy is there a source or link to this comment about it being a bet? I believe it 100% but I’d just like to read something about it.

Missed you Bods.

I also enjoyed hugging my inner dolphin.

https://i.imgur.com/f7I05xI.jpg

Mr Bods
10-07-18, 03:10 PM
^^^ holy Mackeral or Dolphin
I should go into Exile more regularly

Titanic
10-07-18, 03:50 PM
JB always looks better in heels.

BundyTitan
10-07-18, 04:54 PM

Yeah Bods someone posted this in one of the Facebook groups.

- - - Updated - - -

JB always looks better in heels.

Blue always was my favourite colour, really brings out your eyes JB