16-06-18, 03:39 PM
WESTS TIGERS vs TITANS
Sunday 1 July 2018 Leichhardt Oval

Titan68
16-06-18, 06:32 PM
West’s Tigers will be a tougher test for us , than what the dogs were

JunctionBlock
16-06-18, 06:34 PM
At Leichardt! At least we'll see Moses again and possibly Robbie Farah if the rumours are true.

DIEHARD
17-06-18, 01:58 AM
Nothing is ever straight forward, without a few twists for the Titans coming up against teams.

I reckon if you looked at all the games historically you'd come up with a many interesting instances.

I dunno like the time we beat the Storm and the next week they got busted for the salary cap in 2010.

Mr Bods
17-06-18, 08:43 AM
At Leichardt! At least we'll see Moses again and possibly Robbie Farah if the rumours are true.

Going to need a most committed effort at Leichhardt

DIEHARD
18-06-18, 12:02 AM
Heavy loss won't define Tigers' season: Cleary
https://www.nrl.com/

Wests Tigers coach Ivan Cleary had no answers for the side's mental lapse that enabled Canberra to pile on 44 unanswered points but hinted the club's schedule of 15 games in a row may have taken its toll.

The Raiders ran in seven second-half tries in 35 minutes to run riot in Campbelltown heading into next week's bye – the first break for the Tigers since the beginning of the season.

With a strong defensive record prior to the game, Cleary remained optimistic despite the blowout result.

"That's not going to defy our season," Cleary said.

"The end of the game that's more mental than technical and physical. Once we lost contact with the game we lost focus as a group and as individuals.

"We pretty much didn't come out of the sheds in the second half. When you finish like that it's certainly not what we've been about. It's all well and good talking about it but all you can do is get back to training and put on a decent show next time."

The Tigers will receive a boost on Monday with the addition of Bulldogs fullback Moses Mbye to the squad.

Where Cleary plays Mbye will be a decision made in the lead-up to their next home game against the Gold Coast Titans on July 1.

Josh Reynolds is expected to return from a hamstring injury but the side may have lost Mahe Fonua for an extended period, with fears he has a broken arm.

"It's not looking great, we'll go sort it out and see how we go," Cleary said.

The Tigers could also land former club legend Robbie Farah before the June 30 deadline but Cleary was in no mood to discuss the possibility on Sunday night.

DavidBouveng
18-06-18, 06:50 PM
Moses in, but Mahe out.

I think we are good to go - we have competed with Storm, roosters and some good sides for long parts recently, forwards are beginning to hum, Proctor and Ash are in the best form over last month than i've seen from them for 18 months, plus brenko adding strike, Peats back, our Origin holy Triumvirate of Arrow, James, and Wallace always perform.... i think the last 1/3 of season we can be really good nuisance value leading into a great off season, where we add Tyrone Roberts, Peachey, Shannon Boyd...

lookout tigers, we coming to piss all over your bus

Mr Bods
18-06-18, 06:53 PM
^^^ you had me buzzing until you said “Tyrone Roberts”

Actually I need to strongly re-iterate that if LG is shafted for of all people Tyrone Roberts it’s really going to burn me badly. It can’t happen and if it has I wonder if it can be stopped?

DavidBouveng
18-06-18, 07:22 PM

Actually I need to strongly re-iterate that if LG is shafted for of all people Tyrone Roberts it’s really going to burn me badly. It can’t happen and if it has I wonder if it can be stopped?

could have been worse, i could have said 'Tyrone Roberts.....Davis'

rj62
18-06-18, 07:50 PM
could have been worse, i could have said 'Tyrone Roberts.....Davis'

:laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Not by us

Mr Bods
18-06-18, 07:58 PM
:laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Not by us

I’m so upset and scared that I just emailed the club. Which is something I try my hardest not to do these days.
At least I know I’ve tried.

Titanic Believer
19-06-18, 11:39 AM
Re:Mbye, How often do you play a team one week and the next game play them again?

timor 2
26-06-18, 03:01 PM
Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Dale Copley, 4 Brenko Lee, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 AJ Brimson, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Keegan Hipgrave, 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Will Matthews, 16 Moeaki Fotuaika, 17 Jack Stockwell

Reserves: 18 Morgan Boyle, 19 Konrad Hurrell, 20 Kane Elgey, 21 Bryce Cartwright, 22 Leilaniu Latu

Jarrod Wallace returns from suspension at prop pushing Jack Stockwell to the bench and Morgan Boyle to the reserves.

JunctionBlock
26-06-18, 03:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hB57uGb.png

Mass changes for the Tigers so hopefully we can catch them in disarray.

Mr Bods
26-06-18, 03:50 PM
That’s the way Brennan make sure you don’t give LG a recall and a chance to earn a new contract. Great stuff.

Titan68
26-06-18, 06:21 PM
Why can’t we at least play Peats for 80 minuets. We don’t need Rein on the bench , that spot could be taken by LG. But as I’ve said before , i really think LG’s cards are marked.

teke
26-06-18, 06:41 PM
I really dont think LG is waiting on the titans, his value is much better elsewhere in the world. Id say he's gone on to greener pastures

rj62
26-06-18, 07:57 PM
I really dont think LG is waiting on the titans, his value is much better elsewhere in the world. Id say he's gone on to greener pastures

Manly has let Hastings go with immediate effect. Think he might get a look in at Brookvale?

DIEHARD
26-06-18, 09:12 PM
Wests Tigers v Titans: Farah comes home, Wallace comes back
https://www.nrl.com/

Crunch time has come early for the Tigers. Thrashed by the Raiders a fortnight ago, the Wests Tigers struggled without Benji Marshall and Josh Reynolds and looked a lot like the bottom eight team almost everyone tipped them to be at the start of the season.

The loss left them in 10th spot with a 7-8 record and everyone is waiting to see if it was a one-off or pretty much what we can expect from the Tigers for the rest of the season.

Playing at their spiritual home Leichhardt Oval on Sunday should give them a lift, but they will definitely lose if they go in thinking their opponents will be pushovers.

The Titans are 11th on the ladder with five wins from 14 games, though they showed with the round 15 road win over the Bulldogs that they can't be taken lightly. Coach Garth Brennan appears to have finally settled on a 17-man team he can rely on and the players look like they're not second-guessing themselves as much anymore.

The Titans are capable of playing a spoiler role in the run to the play-offs.

Key match-up: Moses Mbye is tipped to make his debut in Tigers colours and should add an exciting new dimension to the Tigers' attack. There's probably not too much Ivan Cleary can drum into Mbye in terms of the team play-book so the former Bulldogs fullback will probably just play it by ear. The Titans are hoping their own fullback Michael Gordon emulates his round 15 man of the match performance against the Bulldogs.

For the Tigers to win: Benji Marshall is sidelined for another week or two and Josh Reynolds is no certainty to return from a hamstring injury, leaving Luke Brooks to shoulder most of the playmaking duties. Brooks will be hoping Mbye and Tigers returnee Robbie Farah can help ease his load.

For the Titans to win: Based on the Tigers' insipid round 15 effort against the Raiders, the Titans should look to dominate up front. They punched regular holes in the middle and on the edges of Canterbury's defence and should try similar tactics against the Tigers. Brennan also needs an inspired performance from his inconsistent backs.

Tigers Stat Attack: The club will be aiming for their 200th victory in the history of the joint venture at Leichhardt Oval. The Tigers joined the NRL in 2000.

Titans Stat Attack: Gold Coast have the advantage coming into this match having won four of their past five games against the Tigers.

And another thing: Mid-season Tigers signings Mbye and Farah will be part of a rare rugby league milestone against the Titans. Mbye's last game for the Bulldogs was against the Titans a fortnight ago while Farah's final game for the Rabbitohs was also against the Titans three weeks ago. Tigers coach Ivan Cleary might have a word to his new recruits this week for some inside information.

Wests Tigers: 1 Moses Mbye, 2 Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, 3 Esan Marsters, 4 Kevin Naiqama, 5 Corey Thompson, 6 Josh Reynolds, 7 Luke Brooks, 8 Russell Packer (c), 9 Robbie Farah, 10 Ben Matulino, 11 Chris Lawrence, 12 Josh Aloisi, 13 Elijah Taylor

Interchange: 14 Alex Twal, 15 Suaso Sue, 16 Michael Chee Kam, 17 Matt Eisenhuth

Reserves: 18 Tyson Gamble, 19 Robbie Rochow, 20 Tim Grant, 21 Chris McQueen

New recruits Robbie Farah and Moses Mbye start at hooker and fullback respectively. Mahe Fonua (broken arm) is out with Kevin Naiqama shifting in to centre and Corey Thompson moving from fullback to wing. Josh Reynolds (shoulder) returns at five-eighth for Tyson Gamble. Elijah Taylor starts at lock, Josh Aloiai starts in the back row, Robbie Rochow drops to the reserves and Matt Eisenhuth and Sauaso Sue are on the bench.

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Dale Copley, 4 Brenko Lee, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 AJ Brimson, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Keegan Hipgrave, 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Will Matthews, 16 Moeaki Fotuaika, 17 Jack Stockwell

Reserves: 18 Morgan Boyle, 19 Konrad Hurrell, 20 Kane Elgey, 21 Bryce Cartwright, 22 Leilani Latu

Jarrod Wallace returns from suspension at prop pushing Jack Stockwell to the bench and Morgan Boyle to the reserves.

Steve Turner's prediction: It's a new-look Tigers this weekend, with Moses Mbye's first outing in his new colours and the return of Robbie Farah. The two additions will provide plenty of options in attack for the Tigers and provide much needed help for Luke Brooks. The Titans come into the fixture with plenty of confidence after their impressive win over the Bulldogs. Ash Taylor and AJ Brimson have been impressive and their partnership will only get better. They will be up against on Sunday the Gold Coast, but the only way to shut the crowd out is score more points and worry about themselves.

TIP: Tigers by 4

JunctionBlock
30-06-18, 08:34 PM
Updated team list have Chris McQueen in the 17 at the moment. Ben Matulino dropped off

lonegull
30-06-18, 08:41 PM
Big out matulino he has been playing some great footy and his offloads was a huge worry

DIEHARD
30-06-18, 08:59 PM
Titans ready to cause upset in season-defining NRL clash against Wests Tigers
https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

TITANS coach Garth Brennan has backed former co-captain Kevin Proctor to thrive after his best performance of the season as the Gold Coast face a season-defining clash against the Wests Tigers.

The former Kiwi international has been below his own high standards this season but played his best game in the Titans’ 32-10 win against the Bulldogs last start.

The Titans face a massive challenge tomorrow though, attempting to play spoilers as the Tigers celebrate the return of club legend Robbie Farah to Leichhardt Oval.

The Tigers are in 10th place on the ladder, just two points ahead of the Titans, who need to win tomorrow to have any chance of keeping in touch with the eight.

Kevin Proctor has been below his best this season but bounced back against the Bulldogs. Photo: AAP
“This week is a really big game for us and the Tigers,” Brennan said.

“There’s a bit of a gap developing between the top eight and the bottom eight and we’ve got the Tigers this weekend and the Broncos the week after who are all around the top eight or fighting to get into the eight.

“These games are really important. If we don’t win this weekend it’s going to be a tough ask to make the semi-finals.”

While the Titans have three Origin squad members in Jarrod Wallace, Jai Arrow and Ryan James, Proctor could shape as the man to ignite their season.

“Kevvie hasn’t’ been overly happy with his form this year but it was nice to see him run over the top of a halfback last week (like he did) against the Dogs and hopefully he can get some confidence out of that and it can help him going forward for the rest of the season,” Brennan said.

“He’s a pro Kevvie, he’s been in some good systems and he knows when he’s playing well and when he’s not and he knows what the team needs from him.

“I think it’s important that he can get some confidence out of last week’s performance and as a team we need some confidence out of last week’s game, it was our best performance of the year so far.

“We still didn’t get 80 minutes out but we probably got 60 minutes of good football out of our team which we haven’t been doing so far this year.”

Brennan expects that boost to help his team tomorrow.

“They’re all excited about it — a packed house at Leichhardt, it’s sold out, Sunday afternoon against a Tigers outfit that’s going to be pumped for Robbie (Farah’s return),” he said.

“We can’t wait to get down there and on the back of the confidence we got out of the Dogs game, it will put us in good stead for a good performance.”

Konrad Hurrell and Morgan Boyle travelled with the Titans as cover for Keegan Hipgrave (back) and Brenko Lee (hamstring).

Mr Bods
01-07-18, 08:51 AM
Tough Challenge today at Leichhardt with the Farah return. We have a good team though, if we roll up our sleeves and are disciplined it could be a good one.

GCTTSD
01-07-18, 11:56 AM
Expecting a big game from ash today, if he can put in a dominant 80 minute performance he just might play himself into a Qld jersey now that pongas out they could drop hunt or bench him as hooker, regardless if were any chance ash has to step up

BundyTitan
01-07-18, 12:17 PM
Even though we have won 2 out of 3 games at Leichardt, I always worry playing there especially now with Farah coming back. But we've just got to complete our sets and stay strong defensively. As GCTTSD, a big game is needed from Ash and our forwards will need to steamroll them.

Titanic
01-07-18, 12:37 PM
I hope Hipgrave and Lee are good to go.

DIEHARD
01-07-18, 12:49 PM
http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/1.2.jpg

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/1.1.jpg

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/1.3.jpg

DIEHARD
01-07-18, 12:50 PM
LATE MAIL: Tigers v Titans
https://www.titans.com.au/

Coach Garth Brennan has confirmed his side for the match against Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval.

The side is as follows:

1. Michael Gordon
2. Anthony Don
3. Dale Copley
4. Brenko Lee
5. Phillip Sami
6. AJ Brimson
7. Ash Taylor
8. Jarrod Walllace
9. Nathan Peats
10. Ryan James ©
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Keegan Hipgrave
13. Jai Arrow

14. Mitch Rein
15. Will Matthews
16. Moeaki Fotuaika
17. Jack Stockwell

DIEHARD
01-07-18, 12:56 PM
Brennan stands by ‘true pro’ Proctor
http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

TITANS coach Garth Brennan has backed former co-captain Kevin Proctor to keep improving after his best performance of the season as the Gold Coast face a season-defining clash against the Wests Tigers.

The former Kiwi international has been below his own high standards this season but played his best game in the Titans’ 32-10 win against the Bulldogs last start.

The Titans face a massive challenge tomorrow though, attempting to play spoilers as the Tigers celebrate the return of club legend Robbie Farah to Leichhardt Oval.

The Tigers are in 10th place on the ladder, just two points ahead of the Titans, who need to win tomorrow to have any chance of keeping in touch with the eight.

“This week is a really big game for us,” Brennan said.

“There’s a bit of a gap developing between the top eight and the bottom eight and we’ve got the Tigers this weekend and the Broncos the week after who are all around the top eight or fighting to get into the eight. These games are really important. If we don’t win this weekend it’s going to be a tough ask to make the semi-finals.”

While the Titans have three Origin squad members in Jarrod Wallace, Jai Arrow and Ryan James, Proctor could shape as the man to ignite their season.

“Kevvie hasn’t’ been overly happy with his form this year but it was nice to see him run over the top of a halfback last week (like he did) against the Dogs and hopefully he can get some confidence out of that and it can help him going forward for the rest of the season,” Brennan said.

“He’s a pro Kevvie, he’s been in some good systems and he knows when he’s playing well and when he’s not and he knows what the team needs from him.

“I think it’s important that he can get some confidence out of last week’s performance and as a team we need some confidence out of last week’s game, it was our best performance of the year so far.

“We still didn’t get 80 minutes out but we probably got 60 minutes of good football out of our team which we haven’t been doing so far this year.”

Brennan expects that boost to help his team tomorrow.

“They’re all excited about it – a packed house at Leichhardt, it’s sold out, Sunday afternoon against a Tigers outfit that’s going to be pumped for Robbie (Farah’s return),” he said.

“We can’t wait to get down there and on the back of the confidence we got out of the Dogs game, it will put us in good stead for a good performance.”

Konrad Hurrell and Morgan Boyle travelled with the Titans as cover for Keegan Hipgrave (back) and Brenko Lee (hamstring).

DIEHARD
01-07-18, 01:00 PM
RYANO CHARGING ON
http://www.couriermail.com.au

DESPITE yet another NSW snub, Gold Coast captain Ryan James is more determined than ever to snare a Blues jumper ahead of today’s clash with Wests Tigers.

Titans coach Garth Brennan says the giant prop has not given up on a State of Origin debut before the Blues announce their Game Three squad for July 11’s dead rubber, despite his latest setback.

James made the initial NSW squad for Origin II but was denied a debut when coach Brad Fittler opted for Matt Prior, 31, to fill a frontrow vacancy created by Reagan Campbell-Gillard’s broken jaw.

It was a crushing blow but paled in comparison to what he endured before Origin I.

James was told he was in the NSW Game One squad but while at home packing his bags for Origin camp, Blues officials called back and said he was no longer in their plans.

It’s enough to break anyone’s spirit.

But Brennan said James had returned from NSW’s Game Two camp with a “spring in his step”.

“James has been faultless, you wouldn’t know (about his setback),” Brennan said.

“He actually came back with a spring in his step due to the fact that he really enjoyed his time in camp.

“He had gone close before, but to actually spend the week in camp and warm up on game day, that sort of stuff, he got a real thrill out of it.”

James responded to his Game One snub with a barnstorming display in the Titans’ last round 32-10 win over Canterbury.

Brennan hoped for a similar reaction from James against the Tigers, who will welcome back club great Robbie Farah from South Sydney at a soldout Leichhardt Oval.

But Brennan insisted James had no hard feelings towards the Blues.

“He’s very passionate about the Blues. He’s stoked that they won and that is the sort of guy that he is,” he said.

“He had no animosity towards them, he wasn’t death riding them. He was cheering them on.

“He knows he is close. Hopefully he is getting that little bit closer.”

The 11th-placed Titans will need James at his best if they are to upset the Tigers at Leichhardt and try and stay in touch with the top eight.

“This one is a big game for both us and the Tigers. There’s a real gap developing between the top and bottom eight,” Brennan said.

“A soldout Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday afternoon for the return of a Tigers legend – it should be a fantastic day.”

JunctionBlock
01-07-18, 01:14 PM
I wonder what the tigers end of the field looks like. We would probably know if the refs didn't screw us out of a 40-20

ozynorts
01-07-18, 01:16 PM
If Ash Taylor is ready for origin then so am I.

gotitans101_
01-07-18, 01:32 PM
Gordon should have tackled him there

- - - Updated - - -

shirt grabbing again.

wtf are we doing. Aim up ffs

- - - Updated - - -

Sami has to go.

JunctionBlock
01-07-18, 01:33 PM
And that'll do me for Sami. Who runs up the field and turns his back and doesn't even attempt to fo for the tackle. Sorry but that was idiotic. Give one of the other boys a chance.

Taylor isn't ready for Origin in any way shape or form, no idea why he gets mentioned. QLD will stick with Hunt and I'm happy with that.

Bayside Titan
01-07-18, 01:33 PM
That was ordinary. 5 guys to not tackle Reynolds.

C-Whiz
01-07-18, 01:34 PM
Well that was embarrassing....

- - - Updated - - -

Could have literally just fallen over in front of Grub to at least slow him down.

GCTTSD
01-07-18, 01:37 PM
Surely Garth can see that AJ is a fullback and not a 6, we need Kane to take the pressure off ash

JunctionBlock
01-07-18, 01:40 PM
Good to see us playing the same game as the Tigers, quick and offloads, keep them on the back foot, they defend as well as us with the offloads and broken play.

gotitans101_
01-07-18, 01:42 PM
Sami again FFS

C-Whiz
01-07-18, 01:43 PM
Just lucky with the push I think.

ozynorts
01-07-18, 01:43 PM
Ffs why do players try to bat the ball dead, just dive on it.
Lucky break

C-Whiz
01-07-18, 01:44 PM
Doesn't change the poor turn and chase and ordinary effort to clean out the ball. Just ground it.

JunctionBlock
Sami needs a rest next week. He's struggling. I think he'll be getting a lot of attention for the rest of the day.

C-Whiz
I agree Ozy, it's like they think there is some advantage to taking it dead instead of just grounding it. I don't understand it.

JunctionBlock
01-07-18, 01:49 PM
The pace of this game is incredible. Credit to both teams.

C-Whiz
01-07-18, 01:53 PM
The pace of this game is incredible. Credit to both teams.

Yeah, it's entertaining. See who has the ticker in the last 20 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

FFS! 3rd tackle, 30 seconds, we kick it away. SOO Ben Hunt play....

5 Year Contract
01-07-18, 01:54 PM
FFS if proctor for just god damn once looks to the right and passes then we score!!!! 2 ****ing men unmarked!! the football IQ of this team sometimes

JunctionBlock
01-07-18, 01:55 PM
How did KP not pass that ball!!! Two man over lap and he takes on three instead. FFS we could have run that around under the posts if he JUST PASSED the ball!!! Frustrating.

5 Year Contract
01-07-18, 01:56 PM
To sum up the first half again we can be great in attack but if we still cannot tighten up defence with these grabby tackles and stop making silly mistakes/bonehead plays we are always going to be up against it

- - - Updated - - -

How did KP not pass that ball!!! Two man over lap and he takes on three instead. FFS we could have run that around under the posts if he JUST PASSED the ball!!! Frustrating.

mate I was screaming at the TV then!!! unmarked!!!!

JunctionBlock
01-07-18, 02:20 PM
mate I was screaming at the TV then!!! unmarked!!!!

I may be in the dog house with my use of certain words to describe his stupidity. The neighbours probably heard too.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't want to curse him but Hipgrave is giving his all today. Hope his contract is near finalised.

5 Year Contract
01-07-18, 02:23 PM
Geeze we are dodging bullets here. Hopefully we can snag something against the run of play. We are getting sliced out wide again. Also damn Hippgrave and his hits. Resign him now!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

and just like that an opportunity!!!

- - - Updated - - -

4 forward hitups and a **** kick by ash on the 4th that gives tigers 7 tackles. Are we serious!!!!

Boonarga
01-07-18, 02:24 PM
The size of Brenko Lee, he should be being hit as a straight runner inside their 20. Stop being a pussy!

5 Year Contract
01-07-18, 02:28 PM
If fox sports offered a $2 extra a month to have a mute blocker, anasta, gasnier on commentary function I would pay it. One. ****ing. eyed. commentary

5 Year Contract
01-07-18, 02:30 PM
COP THAT TIGERS!!!! AJ!!!!!!

rj62
01-07-18, 02:32 PM
BOOM!!

Yeah boys

- - - Updated - - -

If fox sports offered a $2 extra a month to have a mute blocker, anasta, gasnier on commentary function I would pay it. One. ****ing. eyed. commentary

Agree - totally crap and toss the chick into the mix too

5 Year Contract
01-07-18, 02:35 PM
Geeze mo has an ordinary penalty in him at times

- - - Updated - - -

BOOM!!

Yeah boys

- - - Updated - - -

Agree - totally crap and toss the chick into the mix too

blocker before.

"Too many errors tigers... give any great team enough chances (blocker realizes he complimented titans)...or even just any ordinary NRL team". deadset

JunctionBlock
01-07-18, 02:37 PM
How good was that try? AJ chasing the kick and boom, like a volleyball slap into his hands.

This crowd is great for trying to milk penalties out of the refs. Very vocal.

5 Year Contract
01-07-18, 02:39 PM
Don!!!!! great 2nd half. Have hung tough the entire game when in the past we would crumble.

JunctionBlock
01-07-18, 02:40 PM
We need Arrow back out there. I don't get the two hookers out there.

I was just screaming, "come on don, its a f'ing 2nd rower, come on don, it's a f'ing 2nd rower ffs". Yeehaa, how good is this.

rj62
Don is good!!!!

Awesome !!!

JunctionBlock
Look in the background, they're flooding out of the ground.

C-Whiz
01-07-18, 02:41 PM
A bit of panic in the Tigers there. Good result for us.

JunctionBlock
01-07-18, 02:45 PM
I was going to say it earlier...any golfers out there? I always thought that if your target was blocked by trees you're supposed to play the ball safely into position. Me being a naga thinks, trees, 90% leaves, I'll smack it through the middle. 95% of the time the ball comes shooting back at me. Do you think someone needs to tell Ash how to play golf?

C-Whiz
01-07-18, 02:45 PM
Tigers are gone.
We always look fit across 80 minutes but always seem injury prone across 26 rounds.

Boonarga
01-07-18, 02:47 PM
Commentators are as dumb as the refs. That wasn't offside.

rj62
01-07-18, 02:48 PM
STRAIGHT As an arrow!!

Get that into ya!!!!!!

JunctionBlock
01-07-18, 02:49 PM
After watching Rein today I can see why people in here aren't that impressed. He's a fantastic back up hooker, but maybe doesn't need the bench spot every week (pending Peats' fitness).

5 Year Contract
01-07-18, 02:49 PM
Arrow tops off the game. 30 points scored each in the last 2 games. what is this magic?!?!

Boonarga
01-07-18, 02:50 PM
Arrow tops off the game. 30 points scored each in the last 2 games. what is this magic?!?!

Bulldogs/Tigers.
That's the magic

Mr Bods
01-07-18, 02:51 PM
A few drinks and Chinese tonight baby
They met the challenge
Well done and enjoy the win Brothers and sisters of the Beautiful City

C-Whiz
01-07-18, 02:51 PM
Hipgrave is the Greg Bird aggression we are missing in the team. Hope he can string a few decent games together and stay on the field.

JunctionBlock
01-07-18, 02:52 PM
Bulldogs/Tigers.
That's the magic

Tigers are top 8. Credit where credit is due. We have played good footy the last two games. Hope we can take it the donkeys next week.

5 Year Contract
01-07-18, 02:53 PM
Great victory on the road. We just hung tough and looked strips fitter at the end of the game. Good roll forward by the forwards and while a few head scratchers Ash and AJ pulled out some pivotal moments to get us through. Next week against the broncos may define our season but ill savour this win before i think too far ahead. Up the titans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gcboyz
01-07-18, 03:09 PM
Gotta love Don, but my granny had a more fluent running style (and perhaps faster). We have a need for speed for the future. Really looking forward to the day that AJ gets a run at Fullback.

- - - Updated - - -

Really hope we are able to fill Robina next week. Too many times we are outnumbered by our opposition. Drongoes fans will be there in droves unless we lap up all the tickets.

Boonarga
01-07-18, 03:32 PM
There's a lot to like about this team but we are carrying some dead weight. Proctor played his one good game for the year last week.
Lee needs to use his size. Peats can play 80.
Next week will tell us if this team has turned a corner.

Mr Bods
01-07-18, 03:36 PM
Do people want Taylor playing for us against the Drongoes or debuting for QLD??

I’ll give my own opinion
Even though I hate those Drongoes more than any team and even though I’m a Blues Man id like Taylor to get the call up because this year is a Development Year now and a Maroons Jumper would be fantastic for his development.

JunctionBlock
01-07-18, 04:00 PM
Playing against the Donkeys. He hasn't shown enough to play for his state yet and if we thought Hunt made poor decisions under pressure I dread to think what Ash would do.

rj62
01-07-18, 04:07 PM
Great win. Tigers are top 8, also at Leichhardt with the return of the prodigal son, yet We won and we won well.

The glaring difference this year is the lack of key injuries compared to last year.

Must keep Hipgrave. James is a beast. Ash may have played himself well into Walters radar, though next year for mine. Personally I don’t want to move AJ to 1.
Across the park I’m bloody wrapped with that win and I reckon the coach might be too.

If we roll the knobs up the road next week, it will be party time!!!!!

No reason why we can’t

Go boys , great work

#thrunthru

lonegull
01-07-18, 04:11 PM
Good win had some luck go our way put as someone mentioned in an earlier post gee the titans are fit and can go the 80 minutes, our forward pack was again today solid as a rock and stood up when they were needed

Dooldog76
01-07-18, 04:12 PM
That was a solid effort. Both centres were great today, both were a handful for them. Hipgrave is a priority signing, he was in everything. Across the park we looked great today. Next week is the litmus test.

Mr Bods
01-07-18, 04:14 PM
Walked around the house at Fulltime singing that proposed “Titans won’t back down” song at Fulltime
Get it done Titans Admin!!!

Titanic Believer
01-07-18, 04:27 PM
Tigers are top 8. Credit where credit is due. We have played good footy the last two games. Hope we can take it the donkeys next week.

Since when? they are 6 points out of the 8 and will stay there!

GCTTSD
01-07-18, 04:33 PM
I'd like to see ash in the Queensland squad just to see what elgey can do back in first grade alongside brimson

Mr Bods
01-07-18, 04:35 PM

Because we are out of the running I have stop looking at the ladder and I must admit I thought they were in the 8 too
It happens

JunctionBlock
01-07-18, 04:35 PM

Well, they were. This is a team that rolled Melbourne twice this year and the Roosters once. I also fish a lot so I'm likely to embellish the truth for a good story.

rj62
01-07-18, 04:44 PM
Walked around the house at Fulltime singing that proposed “Titans won’t back down” song at Fulltime
Get it done Titans Admin!!!

At the forum everyone was keen on that song- I recall them saying there are obviously copyright issues though the Tennessee Titans have walked that road before so hopefully it might speed things up for us.

I just wish it could have been an Australian artist/band’s song

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to see ash in the Queensland squad just to see what elgey can do back in first grade alongside brimson

I’d rather it not be against Brisbane though

indoallstars
01-07-18, 05:13 PM
I was at the game, still one of the best ovals in the nrl, great atmosphere. I think we where very lucky to win however, tigers botched a lot of potential tries which any of the top 6 sides would not have.

Good win, hope that gives the boys some confidence, still a lot of areas to improve in but we are moving in the right direction yeeew

Mr Bods
01-07-18, 05:14 PM
that’s the thing rj62
Beating the Drongoes is extremely precious to many Titans fans
They are the only club and supporter group that actively try to stop us from even existing

Mr Bods
01-07-18, 06:13 PM
I was at the game, still one of the best ovals in the nrl, great atmosphere. I think we where very lucky to win however, tigers botched a lot of potential tries which any of the top 6 sides would not have.

Good win, hope that gives the boys some confidence, still a lot of areas to improve in but we are moving in the right direction yeeew

Given it was totally chockers with Wests fans it must’ve been sweet to come away with the chocolates

Mexican titan
01-07-18, 06:16 PM
Great win. A shame the Broncos game will be ruined by Origin blokes missing. Rather beat their full side like earlier in the year.
Looks like DCE is back in Origin so we'll have Ash I guess.

DavidBouveng
01-07-18, 06:19 PM
good couple of wins, but the tigers are a VERY different team to the one that beat storm twice.

they have won 2 from last 10 matches. that's awful in anyones language.

Take the win, and appreciate the improvement we are seeing in our teams consistency but don't base it on anything to do with the tigers being a solid team.

Mr Bods
01-07-18, 06:21 PM
Great win. A shame the Broncos game will be ruined by Origin blokes missing. Rather beat their full side like earlier in the year.
Looks like DCE is back in Origin so we'll have Ash I guess.

With Inglis/Ponga out we might lose Copley or Lee.
Definitely won’t have Arrow.
With Napa injured Wallace might get a reprieve.
And wait and see on whether it’s Taylor or DCE.
Could have quite a few out.

rj62
01-07-18, 06:24 PM
that’s the thing rj62
Beating the Drongoes is extremely precious to many Titans fans
They are the only club and supporter group that actively try to stop us from even existing

Exactly why I’d like our best possible on the park. I think we’ll only be missing Arrow, not sure Wallace will get another run.

I. Just. Want. To. Beat. Brisbane.

teke
01-07-18, 06:33 PM
Was a good game to watch and....

fk the Broncos

rj62
01-07-18, 06:57 PM
Was a good game to watch and....

fk the Broncos

:thumbsup:

JunctionBlock
01-07-18, 07:24 PM
good couple of wins, but the tigers are a VERY different team to the one that beat storm twice.

they have won 2 from last 10 matches. that's awful in anyones language.

Take the win, and appreciate the improvement we are seeing in our teams consistency but don't base it on anything to do with the tigers being a solid team.

No Benji and No Matulino. Every other player was available for selection. Not my fault the coach messed his team up. I'd like to start believing that the Titans can win a game rather than the opposition losing it.

If DCE gets the nod and plays origin I'll be getting plenty of sleep that night because there is no way I'll be watching.

teke
01-07-18, 07:38 PM
Terrific news on the return of DCE, he's been in ok to terrific form for a long time now. He wont have to meld into a Smith/cronk/slater circle. Hunt is a future gun origin hooker and if the Maroons bring Taylor in for the experience then they have a great foundation to keep the blues honest for a long time.

Mr Bods
01-07-18, 08:43 PM
Moderator/s: how about a Titans v Drongoes thread?
I want to start talking about it already.

DIEHARD
02-07-18, 12:34 AM
Moderator/s: how about a Titans v Drongoes thread?
I want to start talking about it already.

Done. If I ever don't do it, feel free to start one.

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/showthread.php?28871-Round-17-TITANS-vs-BRONCOS&p=384458#post384458

Titanic
02-07-18, 12:42 AM
I was getting updates of today’s game while monitoring the Forum and must point out that the tone in here changed dramatically once we got in front ... lololol ... and don’t ever change.

Now that I’ve watched the game I only have this to say: we beat them fair and square. What’s more, the Farah return kept them in it. Great win!

DIEHARD
02-07-18, 01:36 AM
Titans catch Tigers by tail
https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au

A DERBY clash with the Broncos next weekend will make or break the Gold Coast’s season, after the Titans yesterday spoiled a Wests Tigers party with a 30-12 win at a packed Leichhardt Oval to keep their finals hopes alive.

The Titans have joined the Tigers and Raiders on 14 points in a chasing pack three wins adrift of the eighthplaced Broncos on 20 points.

Gold Coast host Brisbane at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday and the result could finalise the top eight two months out from the finals.

If the Titans win it will keep the chasing pack within touching distance of the Broncos. But a Brisbane win would increase their buffer, even though Brisbane do have a tough run home.

In Gold Coast’s favour is the fact they have already beaten Brisbane this season – a 26-14 boilover at Suncorp Stadium in Round 4 – and both teams will be understrength without their State of Origin stars.

But unlike the last time they played Brisbane, the Titans will this time at least carry some encouraging form into the local derby.

The win over the Tigers yesterday gave the Titans back-to-back wins for just the second time this season, following their win over the Bulldogs in Round 15.

Yesterday’s win over the Tigers was the more meritorious of the two, with the Tigers faithful packed in to Leichhardt yesterday to celebrate the return of Robbie Farah and the arrival of Moses Mbye after mid-season transfers.

Three times Farah broke into the backfield with the game there for the taking. He finished the afternoon with three tackle busts, two offloads and a try assist.

Mbye also impressed with a team-high 158m and six tackle busts, but it wasn’t enough as a gritty Titans outfit went toe-to-toe before coming through in the clutch.

Titans forward Jai Arrow, who was arguably his team’s best, sealed the win with a 78th minute try.

Asked whether he could feel some momentum building in their season, Titans coach Garth Brennan said: “I’m not sure so much momentum. Probably a bit of belief ... believing that they can win and they’re good enough to come up with the right results.”

Brennan, in his first season as an NRL coach, insists his side are showing genuine signs of improvement after losing seven of nine games before the win over the Dogs.

“I said at the start of the year, we’ll be a better team at the back end of the year than we were going to be at the start of the year and that’s starting to come together,” Brennan said.

“They’re working hard, starting to trust each other, believe in each other and believe in the process that I’ve brought in.”

Brennan got plenty of key contributions against the Tigers, but his Queensland State of Origin pairing of Jarrod Wallace and Jai Arrow were immense with a combined 365 metres.

Wallace’s effort comes after being criticised for his performances in the opening two Origin games.

“I thought Jarrod was strong today. He carried the ball strong and that’s my game plan for Jarrod. To carry the ball, take the metres and he’s got a pass in him as well,” Brennan said.

“Whether he stuck to the plan that (Maroons coach Kevin Walters) wanted him to do or not, I don’t know. You’d have to ask Kevvie that.

“But the job that Jarrod did for me today was enormous. I’m sure he’ll do the job if given another opportunity.”

indoallstars
02-07-18, 05:56 AM
Given it was totally chockers with Wests fans it must’ve been sweet to come away with the chocolates

It was absolutely beautiful to get the W in that jam packed crowd, I am just happy tigers supporters are polite ...if that was a doggies crowd I would have been getting out of there straight after the game lol

It was good seeing a few titans supporters out, and them all congratulating each other. Slowly getting more and more fans, great to see.

DavidBouveng
02-07-18, 08:37 AM
No Benji and No Matulino. Every other player was available for selection. Not my fault the coach messed his team up. I'd like to start believing that the Titans can win a game rather than the opposition losing it.

If DCE gets the nod and plays origin I'll be getting plenty of sleep that night because there is no way I'll be watching.

i didn't mean their roster or selected team is different as much as their attitude and performance not resembling the team from earlier in season.

not your fault he changed the team of course, but a cursory glance at ladder in last 2 months would show tigers on the slide and for us not to get too carried away.

anyways, i'm happy Knights, Tigers, Manly and some teams seem to be going backwards while we are improving. thats the best encouragement of all. Tigers were heralded as a complete rebuild and Ivan a genius, while Gareth has struggled apparently, but here we are even or so with all the running ahead of us.

happy days

JunctionBlock
02-07-18, 10:29 AM
Cool beans. I just hate it (like everyone) when news articles apply the mentality that the opposition lost for us to win. Although, today at work I'm getting a lot of "Titans played well" comments which makes you puff your chest out a bit more.

Honestly didn't realise the Tigers had slid as much until it was pointed out yesterday.

DIEHARD
02-07-18, 11:19 AM
anyways, i'm happy Knights, Tigers, Manly and some teams seem to be going backwards while we are improving. thats the best encouragement of all.

Agree, good point. Dogs too. They seem to be in huge trouble.

Cool beans. I just hate it (like everyone) when news articles apply the mentality that the opposition lost for us to win.

We always have suffered that, that's true. :fist:

It's amazing how much a win can make you feel good on the weekend and Monday. That is what it's about.

Mr Bods
02-07-18, 11:23 AM
The Courier Hate Mail has only one article on the game and it’s entirely about Robbie Farah.

Titanic
02-07-18, 12:48 PM
It's a pity Indo didn't get up on the scoreboard and have a quiet beer by himself ... with a huge smirk on his face.