11. Kevin Proctor
12. Keegan Hipgrave
13. Jai Arrow

14. Mitch Rein
15. Max King
16. Jack Stockwell
17. Will Matthews/Moeaki Fotuaika

(Assuming these are all fit)

Don can be good in patches but we need someone consistent. Unfortunately he’s very lacklustre more often than not and he makes a fair few mistakes. I didn’t think Cartwright was too bad until I saw the video with Tedesco. Absolutely ridiculous. Hurrell still needs time in QCUP.

Titanic
29-05-18, 05:49 PM
I think the Origin guys will come off the bench and wouldn’t have Matthews anywhere near the team.

JunctionBlock
30-05-18, 06:49 AM
I don't have an issue with Matthews, except for the amount of concussions he suffers.

JunctionBlock
05-06-18, 04:08 PM
Is he really dropped or is it smoke and mirrors again and the origin boys will be rested?

https://i.imgur.com/XZfSHEE.png

timor 2
05-06-18, 04:10 PM
Gold Coast Titans v South Sydney Rabbitohs, Friday 7.55pm at Cbus Super Stadium

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Dale Copley, 4 Brenko Lee, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 AJ Brimson, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Will Matthews, 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Max King, 16 Moeaki Fotuaika, 17 Keegan Hipgrave

Reserves: 18 Jack Stockwell, 19 Bryce Cartwright, 20 Kane Elgey, 21 Morgan Boyle

The Titans have named Jarrod Wallace and Jai Arrow to back up from Origin I. From their last-start loss to the Roosters in round 12, Phillip Sami replaces Konrad Hurrell on the wing. Will Matthews returns in the second row pushing Keegan Hipgrave to the bench and Bryce Cartwright to the reserves.

Mr Bods
05-06-18, 04:20 PM
Far Out there’s no way CartWrong should be in the 21. He dogs it in tackles, that’s a non-negotiable.
He should be sent to QCup to play 80mins in the number 13 jumper until he can do 3 full games in a row where he puts in for every hit up and tackle.

He needs time in Purgatory

gotitans101_
06-06-18, 06:41 PM
Far Out there’s no way CartWrong should be in the 21. He dogs it in tackles, that’s a non-negotiable.
He should be sent to QCup to play 80mins in the number 13 jumper until he can do 3 full games in a row where he puts in for every hit up and tackle.

He needs time in Purgatory

How any player is behind him in the pecking order I'll never know.

Titanic
06-06-18, 06:47 PM
Yep, the first time was unbelievable but the second time was unforgivable.

gotitans101_
06-06-18, 10:01 PM
Jarrod Wallace should be right to go since he did nothing all night in Origin.

Mr Bods
06-06-18, 10:22 PM
Jarrod Wallace should be right to go since he did nothing all night in Origin.

Neither of our men got too many minutes
They both should be able to start

Titanic
06-06-18, 10:52 PM
Arrow went alright and Wallace got caught out laterally. NSWailers forwards were ordinary too except Cook but their spine schooled ours.

gotitans101_
07-06-18, 12:09 AM
Wallace 3 runs for 26m. Pathetic. Pete is right...what the hell happened to Wallace?

Mr Bods
07-06-18, 10:06 AM
Wallace 3 runs for 26m. Pathetic. Pete is right...what the hell happened to Wallace?

Heard his partner on the radio this morning say he’s all banged up and exhausted

gotitans101_
07-06-18, 10:12 AM
Heard his partner on the radio this morning say he’s all banged up and exhausted

lmao, from what? Did he get gassed from all the tackling maybe?

lonegull
07-06-18, 08:52 PM
Gagai and Inglis out

JunctionBlock
07-06-18, 08:56 PM
I think Cook is cooked too. Ribs.

Whats Doing
08-06-18, 12:58 AM
Coming back riding a camel from Saudi to my first home game notwithstanding season membership. Hopefully it doesn’t break a hoof and I have the wind behind me as I get into Brissie at 6.00pm

JunctionBlock
08-06-18, 02:51 PM
Looks like Crichton and Cook are being rested too.

How we feelin abou the game.

gotitans101_
08-06-18, 03:14 PM
Looks like Crichton and Cook are being rested too.

How we feelin abou the game.

Good. Won't really mean anything playing against a depleted team though.

JunctionBlock
08-06-18, 03:18 PM

A win is a win and it comes with 2 points.

Mexican titan
08-06-18, 03:31 PM

It certainly does but there are no excuses for a loss now. I think I heard Brennan on the news last night saying it was our strongest team in his eyes so nothing but a win will be good enough.

gotitans101_
08-06-18, 03:46 PM

2 points is worthless when we aren't making the 8 anyway.

BundyTitan
08-06-18, 03:51 PM
2 points is worthless when we aren't making the 8 anyway.

I'm sure it's fine if our team loses the rest of the games this year because hey we're no chance anyway right? Great mentality. As many wins as possible should be our goal to finish as high as possible.

Tough game this one even with their outs, we will have to play for the full 80 which is something we haven't done much this year. Also big game for the forwards and they have to step up against the likes of Burgess x 3, Sutton and Murray. But hopefully we can put in a good performance and be in the winners circle this week.

Mr Bods
08-06-18, 04:19 PM

Whenever a Gold Coast team win anything it’s cause to party like its 1999 and to drink till you spew
Fire Up Brother

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 04:23 PM

Ill take the two points to lift us out of the bottom area of the table. Thank god the NRL doesn't have relegation.

I think this sets the stage for a game about us, no excuses and let's see what we are made of.

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 04:31 PM
HEAT IS ON ENGINE ROOM AFTER OPENING FLOP

PETER BADEL http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

QUEENSLAND coach Kevin Walters has warned his misfiring forward pack to “get their **** into gear” as chief enforcer Dylan Napa conceded he failed to counter NSW’s front-row firebrands.

Walters was left to lament an MCG midfield mauling which saw NSW’s starting forwards storm for 615 metres – 190 metres more than the dismal output of Queensland’s pack (425 metres) in the 22-12 Origin I defeat.

Maroons prop Jarrod Wallace was barely sighted, making just 43 metres, while Napa missed five tackles and tallied just 84 metres as NSW forwards Boyd Cordner (161 metres) and David Klemmer (134 metres) ran riot.

Wallace is in danger of being axed in favour of Cowboys stalwart Matt Scott for Origin II, with Walters admitting lock Josh McGuire, Queensland’s best forward, was let down by his cohorts.

“They (Queensland forwards) need to get their **** into gear,” Walters said.

“Josh was outstanding for me. He was basically our only forward to make 100 metres and our other forwards have 100-metre efforts in them, but they need to show me that.

“Jarrod is disappointed with what happened. He didn’t have the greatest of nights.

“In his second stint we just had to get Coen (Hess) back on the field, we were chasing points and Coen can jag a try from close to the tryline.

“But we just couldn’t get near the line for Coen to be effective in that area.

“NSW have set a good standard. They deserved their win, they were the better team, so now I need to challenge our guys to lift a level.”

Asked if Wallace will be retained for Origin II, Walters gave no guarantees, saying the Titans prop needed to make a statement at NRL level over the next fortnight.

“Jarrod needs to pull his head up and get going,” he said.

“He was good for us last year and I expect him to be better for Game Two. In saying that, he has to be fit and playing at the level where we know he can (to be picked).

“I still have a lot of faith in our two young front-rowers.”

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 04:37 PM
James vows to use Origin snub as motivation
http://www.couriermail.com.au

RYAN James has spoken of his devastation following Brad Fittler’s Blues backflip as Titans coach Garth Brennan challenged his captain to dominate the Burgess brothers.

James, 26, will confront South Sydney at Cbus Super Stadium tonight with a point to prove following his heartbreaking Origin snub.
The prop was selected in an extended NSW squad, sent an itinerary and had packed his bags to head to Sydney to join his first Origin camp.

But a big performance by Bulldogs prop David Klemmer on the eve of selection saw Blues coach Fittler backflip on James’ selection.

Fittler called James to explain his decision and the Gold Coast skipper said he had been motivated by the embarrassing turn of events.
“Freddy ended up giving me a call and telling me a couple of things I had to work on,” James said.

“I was obviously disappointed in what happened but in the next two weeks I will try to prove a point.

“I was devastated at the time but it was reassuring to get the phone call from him.

“There were still a couple of games to go and a couple of players ended up playing some pretty good footy and I got pushed out. You can’t dwell on it. There are a lot of worse things to happen in the world.

“It’s a long series. People have to go back to club games and get through injury-free.

“I need to be a bit more aggressive with line speed and making sure you’re winning your runs and play-the-balls, everything an Origin player requires.”

James will get no greater test than the Rabbitohs and their star forward pack.

The Burgess brothers – Sam, Tom and George – have been in sensational form.

Brennan said James had the ultimate opportunity to press his Origin claims against Souths’ powerful forward pack.

“If there was an injury, Ryan needs to be putting his best foot forward,” Brennan said.

“He was disappointed, but the call from Freddy really gave him the excitement and realisation he’s not far away from an Origin berth.”

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 04:57 PM
http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/8.3.jpg

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/8.2.jpg

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/8.1.jpg

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 04:58 PM
http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/8.4.jpg

gotitans101_
08-06-18, 05:05 PM
I'm sure it's fine if our team loses the rest of the games this year because hey we're no chance anyway right? Great mentality. As many wins as possible should be our goal to finish as high as possible.

Tough game this one even with their outs, we will have to play for the full 80 which is something we haven't done much this year. Also big game for the forwards and they have to step up against the likes of Burgess x 3, Sutton and Murray. But hopefully we can put in a good performance and be in the winners circle this week.

It's false hope. People will carry on about how good we are for a week before we get flogged next week. Happens all too often on here.

Yeah I'm Mr Negative, and I ain't budging until I see some real consistent improvement, not just a lucky win against a depleted top of the table team. Yes, I'll be happy if we win, but it really won't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things. 2 points - woohoo. The Eels already have the spoon locked up anyway.

Titanic
08-06-18, 05:10 PM
Me too. I'm happy enough just to watch this season roll out and don't expect anything at all except a decent effort each game.

gotitans101_
08-06-18, 05:12 PM
Me too. I'm happy enough just to watch this season roll out and don't expect anything at all except a decent effort each game.

Yeah, pretty much. I admit I was a bit harsh in saying it means 'nothing'. I mean, so long as the effort is there then it does mean something, I guess.

Mr Bods
08-06-18, 05:14 PM
Yeah, pretty much. I admit I was a bit harsh in saying it means 'nothing'. I mean, so long as the effort is there then it does mean something, I guess.

I like the fans and the kids walking out the ground with smiles on their faces and Mr Bods being able to have a Victory Scotch.
All wins by the GC is great for the Soul.

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 05:19 PM
I'll take every win, every line break and every try. ;)

Dooldog76
08-06-18, 05:54 PM
I can’t wait to see an upset tonight boys. Let’s go!

rj62
08-06-18, 07:29 PM
Sitting in the crowd- bloody hell ive never seen so much red and green :helpme:

- - - Updated - - -

I can’t wait to see an upset tonight boys. Let’s go!

That would be perfect !

JunctionBlock
08-06-18, 07:33 PM
I just freaked out. Sitting here in Melbourne watching channel 9 then realised they don’t care about NRL. Found it on nine gem. Thank god.

lonegull
08-06-18, 08:21 PM
Gee our defensive structure is terrible on the edges, look like school boys against men

- - - Updated - - -

No idea with defence

ozynorts
08-06-18, 08:22 PM
Hiphrave needs to really sort out his tackling technique, can’t keep going high.

lonegull
08-06-18, 08:23 PM
No idea this is expected though absolute disgrace

gotitans101_
08-06-18, 08:26 PM
And you wonder why I can never get excited about this team?

They've had a full week off to try and rectify these defensive issues and they've done nothing. Brennan is another myth.

NZFan
08-06-18, 08:53 PM
I'm quickly losing faith in Brennan. He's somehow made Ash's game worse than what it was last year

gotitans101_
08-06-18, 08:55 PM
I'm quickly losing faith in Brennan. He's somehow made Ash's game worse than what it was last year

Taylor isn't the only thing worse about this team either....:surprise:

Mr Bods
08-06-18, 09:00 PM
How we are still in this at 10 all is beyond me
The referees are killing us
We are killing ourselves
Souths are killing us
And it level.

Mexican titan
08-06-18, 09:01 PM
A tragic spectacle ruined by referees who are Reffing this entirely different to origin. I just hate what administration does to our game these days. As for the game I'll cop 10 all but ffs can we have a kicking option other than just Taylor. We have played pretty poorly so maybe we might get a decent second half from our guys.

Titan68
08-06-18, 09:03 PM
When a club gets a new coach , Trent Robinson ( Roosters ) , Paul Green ( Cowboys ) , they the Premiership in their first year. Even Anthony Seibold , hes got the Bunnies , coming second or third. When we get a new coach , it takes us ages to even get in the top 8. WHY ?

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 09:09 PM
Oh FFS.... Hipgrave been binned. People pay money to attend, to watch this. Show some respect.

Titan68
08-06-18, 09:11 PM
This is a “ JOKE “
WE ARE A “ JOKE “
Curb ya “ BLOODY AGRESSION HIPPGRAVE “

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 09:16 PM
OK here is an opportunity to attack.

NZTITAN
08-06-18, 09:16 PM
nah i LOVE Hipgrave's aggression

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 09:17 PM
Drop out is good, more possession and a chance to wind down the clock.

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 09:20 PM
Almost...

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/8.5.jpg

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 09:21 PM
Another opportunity to say how much Fox League needs a Sin Bin count down clock.

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 09:22 PM
Nasty collision with Moeaki Fotuaika collecting a hip and then the ground. Really concerning.

lonegull
08-06-18, 09:23 PM
No attack or attacking structures what so ever, look like a team who hasn’t got a plan to follow and got no idea what to do, I am starting to question Brennan

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 09:25 PM
Penalties

Souths 12
Titans 3

lonegull
08-06-18, 09:26 PM
The only attacking option we have is a kick, other teams must laugh at the titans

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 09:31 PM
You beauty. Ryan barges over. Some how we are in this with 20 to go. Kick to come.

lonegull
08-06-18, 09:31 PM
Mitch rein added a bit of spark when on the field

BundyTitan
08-06-18, 09:43 PM
Hipgrave having a shocker

- - - Updated - - -

No one can doubt his aggression or heart but my god he does some dumb things

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 09:49 PM
Hipgrave having a shocker

There is another example.

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 09:51 PM
:fist: Called forward when we were on the roll.

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 09:53 PM
Here we go, getting screwed. That should be our ball, was off Jennings... 40 seconds left.

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 09:54 PM
Dire spectacle.

gotitans101_
08-06-18, 09:55 PM
We got screwed.

DavidBouveng
08-06-18, 10:01 PM
Cronulla can have Hipgrave if that's what he is going to dish up. disgusting, selfish, embarrassing performance from him letting down James, Wallace and Arrow who were backing up or working their ass off trying to cover the injuries. he can gtfo.

I'm glad Brimson appears like he can tackle better than LG, but it doesn't change the fact he was main culprit of two tries from Souths, and couldn't set up a try when we needed it if his life depended on it. Last 20 minutes and he is kicking on 3rd or passing speculator balls in traffic at warp speed on tackle 1 or 2....if LG plays we find a try at the end there somehow and he wouldn't have been any worse defensively.

On a brighter note, Sami transformed into a Cotric clone tonight and was incredibly busy - his best game since round 3.

James, Wallace and Arrow - Take a bow. you got shafted by your team mates and the ref tonight. none of those 3 deserved to lose that game

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 10:03 PM
Cronulla can have Hipgrave if that's what he is going to dish up. disgusting, selfish, embarrassing performance from him letting down James, Wallace and Arrow who were backing up or working their ass off trying to cover the injuries. he can gtfo.

I'm glad Brimson appears like he can tackle better than LG, but it doesn't change the fact he was main culprit of two tries from Souths, and couldn't set up a try when we needed it if his life depended on it. Last 20 minutes and he is kicking on 3rd or passing speculator balls in traffic at warp speed on tackle 1 or 2....if LG plays we find a try at the end there somehow and he wouldn't have been any worse defensively.

On a brighter note, Sami transformed into a Cotric clone tonight and was incredibly busy - his best game since round 3.

James, Wallace and Arrow - Take a bow. you got shafted by your team mates and the ref tonight. none of those 3 deserved to lose that game

Excellent summary.

And after all that, Souths were very lucky to get away with the 2 points. 13-4 penalties. Titans down to 12 men for 20 mins. And not sure how many we lost on the bench. At least a couple?

gotitans101_
08-06-18, 10:04 PM
Yeah I'm done with Hipgrave. He's never going to learn.

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 10:05 PM
Rabbitohs beat Titans minus their Origin stars
Neil Cadigan http://www.nrl.com

A depleted South Sydney still had enough to register their 10th win of the 2018 Telstra Premiership season, beating a courageous Gold Coast 18-16 on Friday night.

The Rabbitohs were without their four Origin stars for a second week in a row. It didn't matter last week as they beat Cronulla 22-14.

But this time they had a fight on their hands as the Titans threw everything at Souths in the final 10 minutes.

Ryan James scored the first of his two tries just before halftime locked up scores 10-10. Gold Coast halfback Ash Taylor just missed with a field goal attempt seconds from the siren for the break.

It was two tries apiece for the opening 40 minutes but both sides had a try disallowed by the bunker – Sam Burgess was denied in his 150th NRL game for obstruction, while Dale Copley collided with teammate Keegan Hipgrave to fumble the grounding.

Hipgrave had disciplinary issues for the rest of the game, twice put in the sin-bin twice by referee Grant Atkins.

But in the end, the difference was in Adam Reynolds' goalkicking as it ended up three tries each.

Hooker Damien Cook, skipper Greg Inglis, second rower Angus Crichton and centre Dane Gagai were all rested after Wednesday night's game at the MCG. They should be back for Parramatta next Thursday.

But both Jarrod Wallace and Jai Arrow backed up for the Titans. They now travel to Belmore Oval for the Bulldogs.

gotitans101_
08-06-18, 10:07 PM
Rabbitohs beat Titans minus their Origin stars
Neil Cadigan http://www.nrl.com

A depleted South Sydney still had enough to register their 10th win of the 2018 Telstra Premiership season, beating a courageous Gold Coast 18-16 on Friday night.

The Rabbitohs were without their four Origin stars for a second week in a row. It didn't matter last week as they beat Cronulla 22-14.

But this time they had a fight on their hands as the Titans threw everything at Souths in the final 10 minutes.

Ryan James scored the first of his two tries just before halftime locked up scores 10-10. Gold Coast halfback Ash Taylor just missed with a field goal attempt seconds from the siren for the break.

It was two tries apiece for the opening 40 minutes but both sides had a try disallowed by the bunker – Sam Burgess was denied in his 150th NRL game for obstruction, while Dale Copley collided with teammate Keegan Hipgrave to fumble the grounding.

Hipgrave had disciplinary issues for the rest of the game, twice put in the sin-bin twice by referee Grant Atkins.

But in the end, the difference was in Adam Reynolds' goalkicking as it ended up three tries each.

Hooker Damien Cook, skipper Greg Inglis, second rower Angus Crichton and centre Dane Gagai were all rested after Wednesday night's game at the MCG. They should be back for Parramatta next Thursday.

But both Jarrod Wallace and Jai Arrow backed up for the Titans. They now travel to Belmore Oval for the Bulldogs.

Interesting, no mention of the penalty count.

Mr Bods
All I can say is I sprayed the referees epically as they walked off and I called out to Brennan that we were robbed and he should blow up
So angry and it’s bloody wet
Will read comments when I get home

DavidBouveng
Excellent summary.

And after all that, Souths were very lucky to get away with the 2 points. 13-4 penalties. Titans down to 12 men for 20 mins. And not sure how many we lost on the bench. At least a couple?

Souths wanted us to win more than the refs or most of our players. Souths couldn't have done more to gift us that game and we were not interested in thinking out and executing any type of play at all.

that was horrific and painful to watch as some of the Cartwright years.

BundyTitan
08-06-18, 10:08 PM
Royally screwed at the end there with 2 dud calls. But geez Hipgrave played so stupidly, had a terrible night. He needs to use his aggression for good but instead it turns into errors and penalties galore. Our penalties especially on the last tackle kill us and piggy back teams upfield. Need to cut them out. Really we are lucky that the Bunnies were poor and dropped the ball about 50 times otherwise they were carving us and looked like scoring every set on our line. Our defence especially on the edges went back to normal, absolutely terrible. I know Souths are a top side even without their stars but pisses you off when the boys are so close and blow a very winnable game. Hard to watch.

gotitans101_
They're showing Hipgrave on 9 in the change rooms. Looks absolutely shattered. Maybe he learns from this.

DavidBouveng
Interesting, no mention of the penalty count.

most of our penalties were correct, we were very very dumb. we probably could have got some more ourselves though.

gotitans101_
08-06-18, 10:09 PM
most of our penalties were correct, we were very very dumb. we probably could have got some more ourselves though.

What about theirs (or lack thereof). Are you seriously telling me they were almost flawless the entire game? Rubbish. You know I'm one of the harshest critics of this team but that refereeing performance was absolutely disgraceful.

DavidBouveng
08-06-18, 10:10 PM
What about theirs (or there lackof?) Are you seriously telling me they were almost flawless the entire game? Rubbish.

did you read the second sentence??

gotitans101_
08-06-18, 10:13 PM
did you read the second sentence??

"We probably could have got some more". Are you serious? Probably?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry mate but I think the officiating in that game was a lot worse than you seem to be making it out to be. Don't get me wrong, we were bad, very bad. But it doesn't help your cohesion when you're constantly getting ****ed (13 penalties) by referees and the other team isn't.

BundyTitan
08-06-18, 10:18 PM
One thing I noticed too is that we have no idea whatsoever on how to wrestle and control an attacker. Every week in defence, the other team finds their front and gets a quick play the ball which puts us on the back foot. Need to get a couple in tackles, wrap the ball up and use the elbows as leverage to get them on their back. It’s something taught in bloody junior footy.

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 10:37 PM
Match Highlights: Titans v Rabbitohs - Round 14, 2018 (https://www.titans.com.au/news/2018/06/08/match-highlights/)

DIEHARD
08-06-18, 10:37 PM
Match Report
https://www.titans.com.au/

An unlikely double to captain Ryan James was not enough to stop the TFH Titans from suffering an 18-16 loss to the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Cbus Super Stadium tonight.

In a scrappy affair, the Titans were unable to get any real momentum throughout the contest and were on the wrong end of a 13-4 penalty count with Keegan Hipgrave spending two stints in the sin-bin and utility forwards Max King and Moeaki Fotuaiki both succumbing to injuries.

On the back of James first try, the home-side managed to go into the half-time break locked up at 10-all but a poor start to the second half saw the Titans trail 18-10 going into the final stanza.

With the game hanging in the balance, the inspirational James stepped up to put the Titans back in the contest by barging over for his second try in the 60th minute to reduce the margin back to 18-16 and ensure for an exciting finish for the 11,833 strong crowd.

But the Titans were unable to break through the Titans the resolute Rabbitohs defence and were forced to settle for their eighth loss of the season.

The Titans opened the scoring in the fourth minute with Phillip Sami cleaning up the scraps of an Ash Taylor cross-field kick to give the side an early 4-0 lead.

The Titans appeared to have extended their lead in the ninth minute when both Keegan Hipgrave and Dale Copley contested for an AJ Brimson grubber kick, but with neither able to plant the ball down they were denied the try and the Rabbitohs received a 20 metre restart.

From the resulting set, the Rabbitohs marched down the field and Sam Burgess, playing in his 150th appearance, got across the line only to be denied by the bunker with his brother George taking out a defender in the lead-up.

But there was no stopping the Rabbitohs in the 12th minute with a classy backline play resulting in Adam Douehi stepping through the defence to score under the posts to give Adam Reynolds an easy conversion and the away-side a slim 6-4 lead.

The Rabbitohs were denied by the bunker in the 17th minute with hooker Robbie Farah knocking the ball on as he darted across the line from dummy-half. Despite the no-try it was still bad news for the Titans with Hipgrave sin-binned for repeated infringements after being ruled to be in an offside position when making the try-saving tackle.

With the extra man and a full set up their sleeves, the Rabbitohs capitalised with Cody Walker showing great speed to slice his way through the defensive line to score out-wide and extend the lead out to 10-4.

The Titans hit-back in the 32nd minute through skipper Ryan James who barged his way across the line carrying three defenders before planting the ball down next to the posts. With Michael Gordon adding the extras the Titans levelled the scores up at 10-allgoing into the half-time break.

It was a frantic start to the half for the Rabbitohs with a Farah break piggy-backing them up the field before being gifted a penalty in-front of the posts and opting to take the kick at goal to extend their lead out to 12-10 after 43 minutes.

The Titans were dealt another blow in the following set with Hipgrave being sent for a second stint in the sin-bin on the back of repeated penalties.

The Rabbitohs utilised their extra man to create an overlap on the right edge to extend their lead through Alex Johnston who supported well to grab a Campbell Graham offload and score adjacent to the posts. With Reynolds converting, the Rabbitohs shot out to an 18-10 lead with just over 30 minutes remaining.

The Titans looked to have hit-back in the 53rd minute when Sami collected a deft Taylor kick but the winger's right hand touched the dead-ball line in the process of planting the ball down.

In the resulting set the Titans lost utility forward Moeaki Fotuaika to the HIA following a heavy collision in attempting to make a tackle on Robert Jennings.

Some great defence by the Titans to force Reynolds into touch coming out of trouble put them on the attack and they took full advantage with James charging close to the line again to force his way across and bag his second try of the night. Gordon converted to reduce the deficit back to 18-16 with 18 minutes remaining.

The Titans had several opportunities to cross the stripe and regain the lead but were unable to get across the line.

The Titans will look to get back in the winner's circle when they take on the Canterbury Bulldogs at Belmore next Saturday.

South Sydney Rabbitohs 18 (A Douehi . C Walker, A Johnston tries; A Reynolds 3 goals) defeated Gold Coast Titans 16 (R James 2, P Sami, tries; M Gordon 2 goals)

Titanic
08-06-18, 11:00 PM
You can only control what you can control and so all issues of poor refs aside, Sami bombed one and Hipgrave/Copley bombed another, end of section.

Mr Bods
08-06-18, 11:10 PM
One thing that frustrates me at times is how placid Titans fans are, in fact Gold Coast sports fans in general because I go to everything pretty much.
I really was happy to see genuine seething anger directed at the Referees at Fulltime.

Mr Bods
08-06-18, 11:20 PM
They're showing Hipgrave on 9 in the change rooms. Looks absolutely shattered. Maybe he learns from this.

I don’t think this Bird 2.0 is any good for him.
Bird was a freakish footy player who it needs to be said was shockingly used by Cartwright when he played him as a 2nd rower, he should have been Lock and Harrison should have been found another role to play.
Just a tragic Coach was Cartwright.

Hipgrave just needs to learn to be Hipgrave 1.0

Mexican titan
08-06-18, 11:27 PM
That was one of the most frustrating nights I have ever spent at an NRL match. A why do I bother type of game. Why do I bother with this game after the way the ref killed that game and why do I bother with this club.
I'll not go heavy on the coach yet but I really wonder about some of what went on tonight. We had basically no attack and it was like the Carty days with 5 hit ups and a kick. No way do I want Elgey back in the team but can't Brimson take some pressure off Taylor. Opposition know to hammer Taylor on the 5th as he gets the ball just about every time and ends up putting an average bomb. So effing predictable.
As for Hipgrave, it's all been said above but he is one dumb footy player. The second sin bin followed the most blatant strip you have ever seen.
Souths had massive changes, made heaps of errors and we still couldn't knock them off. I thought that ref had some potential but he is sin bin happy and just zeroes in on one side, even though if we controlled the ball for a while we wouldn't be giving defensive penalties away.
Sorry for this ramble but I am mightily p1ssed off. We just never seem to be getting anywhere and the crowd apathy is just reflective of the club.

mdrew
09-06-18, 12:07 AM
I fear for the future of our club. Why would the NRL even try to give us a fair go when we accept what happened tonight and not demand accountability from every one concerned

I travelled a long way for tonight's match due to work commitments, not sure that I would do that again even taking into account I am a member not much left to give to the club any more. I am just worn out from constantly getting a kick in the guts,

We may have only lost by two points but it feels far worse than that.

Oh well back to watching junior rugby league tomorrow.

gotitans101_
09-06-18, 12:17 AM
The only thing that will save this club is Craig Bellamy.

But he's re-signing with Melbourne.

Dobes
09-06-18, 12:31 AM
The only thing that will save this club is Craig Bellamy.

But he's re-signing with Melbourne.

I don’t reckon Garth’s the problem as such. I know it was at state level, but we’ve seen what he can so with a half decent squad. It’s most certainly our players to blame. I agree with everyone else about Hipgrave. He’s got heart but not the brains. I’d rather let him go and get somebody else. Sami did well other than that drop ball. This season is gone if it wasn’t already.

2019 here we come!

GCTTSD
09-06-18, 01:02 AM
AJ is definitely a fullback, I'd have elgey back in the team to see if he's worth re signing, or Lok for an experienced half to help ash, maybe play AJ of the bench or let him development as a FB in q cup

teke
09-06-18, 02:31 AM
Hipgrave isnt even as good as Bird is now who at 36 is still tough as fk, skillful and surprisingly very fit atm.

Ya got to spend money on outside backs next year or nothing changes.

JunctionBlock
09-06-18, 09:11 AM
You can take the boy out of Nerang but you can’t take Nerang out of the boy. Could have, should have won that. Terrible effort as a team that was supposedly our strongest to field. Refs get away with absolute murder too. A disgrace all round. The two Rabbitohs tries in the first half were amongst the most embarrassing defensive efforts I have ever seen.

As Teke said, if we don’t start spending on the outside backs we are in trouble for next year. As for who? Well we may have left that a bit late.

Mr Bods
09-06-18, 09:36 AM
Still incredibly angry this morning
Whenever our outside backs back off defensively when the ball is being spread to their edge it always ends in a try or a break.
Why?? Hold your line and take them on.
And a 13-4 penalty count and 2 in the bin. That’s match fixing.
Hopefully Atkins and the other officials have a nice flight back to Sydney with Souffs this morning.
It’s very dissatisfying.
We just do not get the rub off the referees. It never happens.
Plus what’s going on with Coaching
So many good players are going backwards.
Coaching is meant to do the opposite.
What a horrible season and morning in general.

Mr Bods
09-06-18, 11:00 AM
Where in the world is Titan Pete?

rj62
09-06-18, 02:17 PM
I personally don’t have a problem with Hipgrave , I want him in our side. I want his aggression , we have lacked that since Bird. He had S Burgess number all night. Good to see Burgess congratulate him after the game. Sin bin 1 was last man in thing, just unlucky as it could have been anyone., sin bin 2 Was BS. binned for slamming the ball in frustration yet 5 minutes later G Burgess blows up at the ref and stay on the park. Consistent my ****.
A number of poor decisions and that is now in the press and social media. Absolute BS. Garth was seething and refused to comment, probably not willing to part with $10k. Something has to happen when you have Johns, Lewis and Vautin saying they felt like getting up and leaving.

The try that their #6 scored is where we are at, ****ing appalling and embarrassing. They just stood back and watched and waited and boom, he scores. That made me cringe in my seat surrounded by cheering boorish Rabbit supporters. It’s the same old feeling of poor defence out wide, I just hold my breath hoping someone, anyone will effect a decent tackle. I felt the defence up the middle was solid against a much bigger pack.

2 points in it at the end and whilst a scrappy game from both sides don’t forget we bombed 2 tries. Sad fact is we didn’t not did we get that elusive 2 points. As ****ty as the game was, we competed and we didn’t get thumped.

The transient nature of the GC population was never more evident with the Bunny fans there last night. In droves and vocal. Titans fans seemingly short in numbers and we were quiet by comparison.

The PA system at the ground needs the echo removed, and volume increased , it’s simply atrocious. The announcer needs replacing.

Admin should take a trip to Townsville and listen to Minty run a game up there. He demands and gets involvement and the music is loud, timely and clear. Even ‘Kiss Cam’ at half time gets a laugh every time.

I’m not gutted from the result , I was almost expecting a 20 point belting. I’m disappointed in the standard and the continuing refereeing BS.

People losing faith in Garth should IMO, pull their head in and support him. What is he, 12 games in after taking over a train wreck and people are calling for his head? We should take a leaf from Newscastles fans book and get behind their team. Look at their past years history and yep, their coach is still there.

I guess we are just impatient and want results this year. I’ve been eyeballing holidays for 2019 for the past 6 months as I’ve always thought that is when we stand a chance of the eight. This year is rebuild of sorts , which is underway and evolving.

I’m standing by coach and team. **** the results.

DavidBouveng
09-06-18, 02:51 PM
are you certain the second sin bin was for the backchat?

watching on TV the ref was explaining to Ryan James it was because he had already given a warning about penalties and next one goes in the bin.

Mexican titan
09-06-18, 02:53 PM
I’ve been eyeballing holidays for 2019 for the past 6 months as I’ve always thought that is when we stand a chance of the eight.

Book anytime in September. You'll be free then.:cry:

- - - Updated - - -

watching on TV the ref was explaining to Ryan James it was because he had already given a warning about penalties and next one goes in the bin.

I'm pretty certain it was for the strip. It was the most blatant strip you could get and the fact that it was so obvious and that Hipgrave had paid no attention to the warnings. Just a dumb act.

Mr Bods
09-06-18, 03:03 PM

I’ll throw in my own 2c on it, I think this referee Atkins is an exceptionally vain guy and when Hipgrave threw the ball his own vanity/ego couldn’t cope and his putting him in the bin was almost a reflex reaction.

Titanic
09-06-18, 03:07 PM
Yep that’s how I saw it ... a penalty turned into a binning on the remonstrations ... ref dummy spit, pathetic!

rj62
09-06-18, 05:18 PM

Pretty sure that was for the first ..... if it was for the 2nd as well it’s crazy. Being at the game I was sharing my head as to why. On the face it appeared he slammed the ball and got marched.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep that’s how I saw it ... a penalty turned into a binning on the remonstrations ... ref dummy spit, pathetic!

George Burgess gave the ref a mouthful 5 minutes later and nothing said . Total BS

rj62
09-06-18, 05:42 PM

Man of the match Grant Atkins

JunctionBlock
09-06-18, 08:36 PM
2nd sin bin was for the strip two minutes after the warning. It was idiotic but so are the amount of binnings. George burgess went off but half his team came in and calmed him down and turned him around before it got too bad (probably because it was knocked out by Taylor).

We aren’t playing to the new refs the NRLhave invented this year. Add to that our stupid penalties and the 50/50that never goes our way and we get reffed out of the game. let’s not forget the two certain tries we bombed and the two they bombed. Sad fact is we should have won that game against that team that was on the field. We were terrible in defence again, pure and simple.

DIEHARD
10-06-18, 06:03 PM
Press conference. https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/08/titans-press-conference---round-14/