PDA

View Full Version : Motorsport: While you were sleeping..

Toads
28-05-18, 09:13 AM
Overnight, two of the world's most prestigious Motorsport events were run and won by a couple of Aussie's.

Daniel Ricciardo drove his crippled RedBull car to victory at the Monaco Grand Prix. (http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/formula-one/redemption-daniel-ricciardo-pulls-of-a-formula-one-miracle-to-claim-monaco-gp/news-story/de8a93e0692d28497786a1abb0a5011c)

And Will Power lead the final four laps of the Indianapolis 500 to be the first ever Aussie to win the event. (http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/indy-500-will-power-wins-the-102nd-indianapolis-500/news-story/87ed4c9cc86e825eb99f5e75599434f6)

Naturally, many here would have no interest in this news. Nevertheless, it's good to see Aussie's dominate on the world stage once again. Well done, Gentlemen. :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
29-05-18, 01:16 PM
I'm very interested in F1. My whole family is. I've attended an Adelaide GP and a couple Melbournes. I'd love to go to a Singapore GP one day. I grew up watching it in the early morning, even at Primary school. Still remember when Senna died. Was a passionate Ferrari fan during the 80s and early 90s when coming third was a cause to celebrate. Very much enjoyed the Schumacher years.

I'm really proud of Ricciardo.

Toads
17-06-18, 09:23 AM
Lucky bugger, Diehard. For years I wanted to get to a Grand Prix but it never eventuated. Admittedly though, once they went to V6 engines I've lost a bit of interests as they don't appear to that great sound that they use to have.

Enjoyed a few Indycar events on the Coast though as a few locals did back in the day.

DIEHARD
17-06-18, 02:53 PM
Lucky bugger, Diehard. For years I wanted to get to a Grand Prix but it never eventuated. Admittedly though, once they went to V6 engines I've lost a bit of interests as they don't appear to that great sound that they use to have.

Enjoyed a few Indycar events on the Coast though as a few locals did back in the day.

Yea I haven't been to one since the change. But ear plugs were a must.

I used to like to sit on a corner so the cars slow down and I get a good look or there is some drama with an accident or contact.

Ah... I really want to get back to one.