PDA

View Full Version : Round 12: ROOSTERS vs TITANS (2018)

DIEHARD
19-05-18, 03:57 PM
ROOSTERS vs TITANS

DIEHARD
19-05-18, 03:59 PM
And like any club hosting us, they don't wanna take us home, so we are playing at Central Coast Stadium. :laugh:

Dobes
20-05-18, 03:34 PM
I’m not expecting a win here but as long as there’s a genuine effort there, i’m happy enough. If the Roosters play anything like they did against the Broncos though, we could trouble them. The Roosters were woeful this week.

teke
20-05-18, 04:32 PM
Roosters were woeful against the donkeys?

If that woeful rooster group turn up they might smoke the tits by 20

Mexican titan
20-05-18, 07:06 PM
I’m not expecting a win here but as long as there’s a genuine effort there, i’m happy enough. If the Roosters play anything like they did against the Broncos though, we could trouble them. The Roosters were woeful this week.

Woeful? You are kidding. Had they just had a little bit of finish they would have won in a canter. They made heaps of mistakes but most of them were when they had the Broncos shredded.

DavidBouveng
20-05-18, 07:49 PM
roosters have had some great winsm and some funky games too.

Lets hop we meet them somewhere in the middle and keep our run going. would like to win at least one of these 2 games before the bye.

We are only 2 wins out of 6th or so, and considering our close game against Sharks and our insane injuries, youthful squad at times we are surprisingly not as far off it as it feels.

Titanic
21-05-18, 07:34 AM
I like Brimson at 6 but he looks like a 1 to me.

rj62
21-05-18, 08:01 AM

I’m firmly in the 6 camp on that one at this stage. The way Ash has come to life since he’s been paired with him works for me. He takes the line on and can tackle.

I want to see where this partnership goes.

indoallstars
21-05-18, 08:06 AM

I like the idea of Tyrone Peachey coming in there at 6, if our centres keep performing and if he gels well with Atay. With AJ being groomed for fullback from Mick over the 2nd half of 2019.

rj62
21-05-18, 08:11 AM
I’d prefer Peachey at 1, broken field play and injecting himself is where he is at. I do think he’s being shoe horned into that position at the moment.

DIEHARD
22-05-18, 11:12 AM
I guess the NRL do their previews in their lunch breaks now..

Roosters v Titans: Round 12 preview
http://www.nrl.com

Apparently last week's loss to the Broncos was harder for the Roosters to stomach than any other defeat this season – and so it should've been.

They led 22-16 with six minutes remaining and had controlled the game for the previous 15-20 minutes, only for the Broncos to snatch victory with two of the best solo tries of the season.

After that result they should be mad enough and hungry enough to return to the winner's circle this week.

Latrell Mitchell probably cemented a spot in the NSW Origin team with last week's dazzling display and will be looking for more of the same against the competition's worst defensive side.

The Titans eased the pressure slightly with last week's home win over Newcastle snapping a five-game losing streak. They are back on the road this week and will probably have to produce something special to conquer the star-studded Roosters. :ugh:

Venue: Central Coast Stadium

Sydney Roosters v Gold Coast Titans, Saturday 3pm at Central Coast Stadium

Head-to-head: Played 16; Roosters 8 wins, Titans 8 wins
Matches at venue: Played 1; Titans 1 win
2017 results: Roosters won 32-18 at Cbus Super Stadium in round 1; Roosters won 20-16 at Allianz Stadium in round 26
Points per game: Roosters 19.5; Titans 18.5
Points conceded per game: Roosters 15.3; Titans 26.6
Televised: Live on Fox League

timor 2
22-05-18, 03:02 PM

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Dale Copley, 4 Brenko Lee, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 AJ Brimson, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Keegan Hipgrave, 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Max King, 16 Jack Stockwell, 17 Bryce Cartwright

Reserves: 18 Moeaki Fotuaika, 19 Konrad Hurrell, 20 Kane Elgey, 21 Morgan Boyle

Kevin Proctor's return from a groin strain pushes Ryan James to prop, Max King to the bench and Moeaki Fotuaika to the reserves.

Roosters: 1 James Tedesco, 2 Joseph Manu, 3 Latrell Mitchell, 4 Mitchell Aubusson, 5 Blake Ferguson, 6 Luke Keary, 7 Cooper Cronk, 8 Siosiua Taukeiaho, 9 Jake Friend (c), 10 Dylan Napa, 11 Boyd Cordner (c), 12 Ryan Matterson, 13 Isaac Liu

Interchange: 14 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, 15 Zane Tetevano, 16 Kurt Baptiste, 17 Victor Radley

Reserves: 18 Nat Butcher, 19 Sitili Tupouniua, 20 Eloni Vunakece, 21 Mitchell Cornish

The Roosters are unchanged from last week's loss to Brisbane.

Mr Bods
22-05-18, 03:26 PM
Those few mins by Mo just after halftime with his error and then binning should have cost us the game so I agree with him going back to QCup to reflect on that and build on his game now he’s had a taste of the big show.
Cartwright showed enough to suggest an attitude change may have finally occurred so let’s see what he gives again this week.

JunctionBlock
22-05-18, 03:30 PM
Those few mins by Mo just after halftime with his error and then binning should have cost us the game so I agree with him going back to QCup to reflect on that and build on his game now he’s had a taste of the big show.
Cartwright showed enough to suggest an attitude change may have finally occurred so let’s see what he gives again this week.

Only thing I'll say is that Cartwright still hasn't really been threatened with being dropped. Last week it was obvious what was going to happen so Brennan kept the fans happy by dropping him to 18. This week he's named at 17.

Hail Sezer
22-05-18, 03:47 PM

tend to agree

If Carty fails to perform again then i'd expect him to be dropped. I hope he takes some confidence from his stint on the weekend, being rewarded with a spot in the 17 this week, and continues to build.

Big ask to throw an 18 year old front rower in NRL football week after week anyway. I think Mo was always going to be in and out regardless of form and i'm sure he knows that

Titanic
22-05-18, 05:36 PM
MoFo was always going backwards on his learning pathway but that’s what he needs. Cartwright just needs to be given a job commensurate with his skills and understanding. Run hard, hit holes, put your body in position to tackle and don’t listen to too much outside noise. To be fair, he could be so much better than one-dimensional Proctor.

BundyTitan
22-05-18, 06:32 PM
Good team list this week. Reckon it was the right decision to drop MoFo (awesome nickname) who has shown that he can handle first grade but give him a few weeks back in QCUP to work on a few more areas of his game. Carty looked to show signs of improvement last week, tucked the ball under his arm and ran instead of looking for a stupid ball. And his defence looked much better too. Hopefully it wasn't just a one week thing. Tough game ahead but we are in with a chance if we play to our best.

Mr Bods
22-05-18, 07:13 PM
Is Hipgrave long term a Prop, Lock or 2nd Rower???

Titanic
22-05-18, 07:47 PM
Is Hipgrave long term a Prop, Lock or 2nd Rower???Don't know but you've gotta luv him ... that break down the right edge last weekend was mint ... he just willed himself through the line ... he'll never die wondering.

Upthetits
23-05-18, 01:42 AM
Is Hipgrave long term a Prop, Lock or 2nd Rower???

As long as he's on the field I think he's the sorta bloke that won't let you down. Loving what he's bringing to the team.

Mr Bods
23-05-18, 06:03 PM
Not much pressure on us this week however Easts wouldn’t want to drop this game. I like the 17 too we are putting on the park. I’m starting to think we are a sneaky cheeky chance with some luck and non cheating Sydney refereeing.

teke
23-05-18, 06:42 PM
Roosters by 30

Upthetits
24-05-18, 12:02 AM
We usually seem to go alright against the roosters... Hoping this is one of those times

DIEHARD
24-05-18, 03:40 PM
Titans have played the Roosters 16 times, with an even split 8 each way.

1-1 at Central Coast.

JunctionBlock
24-05-18, 06:51 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jvHBOdM.png

DIEHARD
25-05-18, 11:51 AM
Roosters v Titans: Roosters unchanged as Proctor returns
https://www.nrl.com/

Apparently last week's loss to the Broncos was harder for the Roosters to stomach than any other defeat this season – and so it should've been.

They led 22-16 with six minutes remaining and had controlled the game for the previous 15-20 minutes, only for the Broncos to snatch victory with two of the best solo tries of the season.

After that result they should be mad enough and hungry enough to return to the winner's circle this week.

Latrell Mitchell probably cemented a spot in the NSW Origin team with last week's dazzling display and will be looking for more of the same against the competition's worst defensive side.

The Titans eased the pressure slightly with last week's home win over Newcastle snapping a five-game losing streak. They are back on the road this week and will probably have to produce something special to conquer the star-studded Roosters.

Key match-up: Matching the Roosters in the forwards will be a focal point for the Titans and that places a lot of responsibility on the likes of Ryan James, Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace to make their collective presence felt. The Roosters clearly have an edge in class in the backs and the Titans will give themselves a good chance if they hold their own up front.

For the Roosters to win: No doubt the Roosters felt last week's loss was the one that got away. If nothing else they would've learned a valuable lesson that should stay in the back of their minds for the rest of their 2018 campaign - no single-digit lead is safe. If the Roosters have their way in the forwards the Mitchells and Tedescos could run riot in the backs.

For the Titans to win: After getting the monkey off their backs with last week's drought-busting win over the Knights, the Titans should be feeling good about themselves. They need to ride that positive vibe and hit the Roosters with everything they can in the first 20 minutes, try to get a lead and force the Chooks to play catch-up.

Roosters stat attack: It might come as a surprise that the Roosters have a terrible record on the Central Coast, losing nine of the 10 games they have played there. On a more positive note the Chooks have won four of their past five clashes with the Titans.

Titans stat attack: Jai Arrow made a welcome return last week against Newcastle, leading the Titans in tackles (40) and run metres (145). Arrow is desperate to play in the Origin arena and his impressive performance wouldn't have gone unnoticed by Maroons selectors.

And another thing: Roosters five-eighth Luke Keary will play his 100th NRL game when he takes on the Titans. Some Rabbitohs fans still haven't forgiven Keary for joining the enemy, but they aren't as steamed up as they once were with the way Cody Walker has been starring for the Bunnies.

Roosters: 1 James Tedesco, 2 Joseph Manu, 3 Latrell Mitchell, 4 Mitchell Aubusson, 5 Blake Ferguson, 6 Luke Keary, 7 Cooper Cronk, 8 Siosiua Taukeiaho, 9 Jake Friend (c), 10 Dylan Napa, 11 Boyd Cordner (c), 12 Ryan Matterson, 13 Isaac Liu

Interchange: 14 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, 15 Zane Tetevano, 16 Kurt Baptiste, 17 Victor Radley

Reserves: 18 Nat Butcher, 19 Sitili Tupouniua, 20 Eloni Vunakece, 21 Mitchell Cornish

The Roosters are unchanged from last week's loss to Brisbane.

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Dale Copley, 4 Brenko Lee, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 AJ Brimson, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Keegan Hipgrave, 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Max King, 16 Jack Stockwell, 17 Bryce Cartwright

Reserves: 18 Moeaki Fotuaika, 19 Konrad Hurrell, 20 Kane Elgey, 21 Morgan Boyle

Kevin Proctor's return from a groin strain pushes Ryan James to prop, Max King to the bench and Moeaki Fotuaika to the reserves.

Head-to-head: Played 16; Roosters 8 wins, Titans 8 wins
Matches at venue: Played 1; Titans 1 win
2017 results: Roosters won 32-18 at Cbus Super Stadium in round 1; Roosters won 20-16 at Allianz Stadium in round 26
Points per game: Roosters 19.5; Titans 18.5
Points conceded per game: Roosters 15.3; Titans 26.6
Televised: Live on Fox League

Steve Turner's prediction: Errors and missed tackles really hurt the Roosters last weekend and they will be thinking it was a game that was there to be won. Latrell Mitchell is their strike weapon and the more they keep him involved, the better they will be. Meanwhile, the Titans finally ended a five-game losing streak with a win over the Knights. Ash Taylor was brilliant along with many of their rookies, but it's consistency for the Titans which has been an issue. They need to produce those performances every week and it gets no bigger than this week against the Roosters. The Titans have only won one away game this year and I can't see them making it another on Saturday afternoon.

Tip: Roosters by 8

JunctionBlock
25-05-18, 12:25 PM
Wackos Whispers

Roosters vs Titans

The Roosters expected to be 1-17 with no late changes expected. Daniel Tupou trained with the squad for the last week and will return from a pectoral injury next week. The Titans are expected to have one change with Phillip Sami in doubt due to a calf injury that he picked up at training, I expect him to be ruled out with Konrad Hurrell to come in at right centre with Brenko Lee moving to left wing. Kevin Proctor just has to get through the captain’s run on Friday to be a confirmed starter after recovering from a groin strain. Michael Gordon picked up a cork last week and that was the reason why Taylor took a couple of goal kicks but Gordon will resume goal kicking duties this week.

Mr Bods
26-05-18, 01:08 PM
Late News??

Dobes
26-05-18, 01:10 PM
1. Michael Gordon
2. Anthony Don
3. Dale Copley
4. Brenko Lee
19. Konrad Hurrell
6. Alexander Brimson
7. Ash Taylor
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Nathan Peats
10. Ryan James ©
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Keegan Hipgrave
13. Jai Arrow

14. Mitch Rein
15. Max king
17. Bryce Cartwright
18. Moeaki Fotuaikia

Sami and Stockwell out from injury. Should be Brenko on the wing and Hurrell in the centres...

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 01:12 PM
Bad news about Sami and Stockwell but good news is that Ryan Materson isn't lining up for the Roosters. He could have been very damaging.

https://i.imgur.com/uddWFtD.png

gotitans101_
26-05-18, 01:17 PM
I don't mind Hurrell on the wing tbh.

GCTTSD
26-05-18, 01:21 PM
I don't mind Hurrell on the wing tbh.

I think him and brenko will swap places

Mr Bods
26-05-18, 01:31 PM
These are not devastating changes
Let’s see what Hurrell gives today

DIEHARD
26-05-18, 01:31 PM
Konrad Hurrell and Moeaki Fotuaika late additions to Gold Coast side to play Roosters
https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

THE Gold Coast Titans have made two last-minute changes for their Round 12 match against the Sydney Roosters.

Winger Phillip Sami (calf) and bench prop Jack Stockwell (shoulder) have been ruled out of the clash at Central Coast Stadium.

They have been replaced by Konrad Hurrell and teenager Moeaki Fotuaika, respectively, with both promoted from the extended reserves list.

Hurrell has been provisionally listed on the wing but the backline could yet be shuffled, given that the former Warrior has only ever started at centre or on the bench in his 106-game NRL career.

An option could be to slot Hurrell, who has spent recent weeks at feeder side Tweed Heads, into his customary right centre position and switch Brenko Lee to left wing.

The match kicks off at 3pm.

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 02:11 PM
Great start. Getting the refs calls and now a try. Roosters are asleep.

DIEHARD
26-05-18, 02:18 PM
Come on Titans. Good start, I just tuned in. Gee looks like a great day for footy in Gosford.

DIEHARD
26-05-18, 02:21 PM
Good tackle by Hipgrave close to the line to save a certain try. But the Roosters get in anyway... Nice little grubber anyway.

Shame we gave up to consecutive penalties there to help them.

Ronny
26-05-18, 02:25 PM
Too many penalties!!

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 02:26 PM
Too many penalties!!

It's the new NRL. Wait for a send off.

DIEHARD
26-05-18, 02:27 PM
Too many penalties!!

Yea just gave another away, Hipgrave nearly taking Tedesco's head off.

DIEHARD
26-05-18, 02:29 PM
Hurrell is back...

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 02:29 PM
Yea just gave another away, Hipgrave nearly taking Tedesco's head off.

I prefer those penalties than dropping the ball cold on an exit set. Welcome back Koni.

gotitans101_
26-05-18, 02:32 PM
Man I love Gordon.

Ronny
26-05-18, 02:35 PM
IS DON, IS GOOD!

That sucks!

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 02:36 PM
Is it Patten up there?

What a joke of a call, no one within a cooee of Ash and they call it back for that ****.

DIEHARD
26-05-18, 02:36 PM
Oh FFS.... That 'try' was a thing of beuaty.... was...

DIEHARD
26-05-18, 02:39 PM
Twitter blowing up about that NO TRY. From all club fans.

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 02:39 PM
So Proctor wasn't quite right.

I wonder how they'll deny this try.

DIEHARD
26-05-18, 02:40 PM
Woohoo. Ash sets up Don for another try. This one counts.

DIEHARD
26-05-18, 02:41 PM
Taylor is in hot form for the first 30m.

gotitans101_
26-05-18, 02:43 PM
it's like they try to find a reason to disallow us. Ridiculous.

Boonarga
26-05-18, 02:45 PM
If that’s the rule for obstruction then it needs to change. There was no actual obstruction.
The one we did get was more suspect. Payback.

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 02:45 PM
It is amazing though how we hold our own when we get our fair share of penalties.

DIEHARD
26-05-18, 02:46 PM
Going for the two. Be a handy lead.

DIEHARD
26-05-18, 02:50 PM
I gotta head out I hope we can keep it up. Ill be watching on mobile though.

DIEHARD
26-05-18, 02:51 PM
Crazy and entertaining conclusion to the second half there.

Mr Bods
26-05-18, 02:52 PM
Easts are allowed to do whatever they want in the ruck
That try being disallowed was blatant Sydney Bunker Cheating

Mexican titan
26-05-18, 02:55 PM
Twitter blowing up about that NO TRY. From all club fans.

That was a disgraceful decision and when it happened I really wondered why I follow this game. The over analysis to find ways to deny a try does my fvcken head in. I just hope now for a solid second 40 minutes. Come on guys.

Toads
26-05-18, 03:05 PM
Pretty impressive first half. Not minding the ****ty ref calls so far. We kinda need it to smarten ourselves up, even though some calls have been shockers.

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 03:08 PM
Brimson won't die wondering that's for sure. Backs himself

isaiah
26-05-18, 03:10 PM
Go the titans in the second half

Ronny
26-05-18, 03:11 PM
That was terrible defence!

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 03:14 PM
Well that was a little too easy.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm happy if we don't see Hurrell again for the season. He's worse than Uate under the high ball. Has no interest in attempting to catch a bomb and he's expecting us to believe he's a first grade player.

Here comes the send offs......

Mr Bods
26-05-18, 03:17 PM
Why do we bother
Referee stitching us up

- - - Updated - - -

And I wrote that before Taylor was binned

Ronny
26-05-18, 03:18 PM
And there's the sin bin! Referees ruining the game!

gotitans101_
26-05-18, 03:19 PM
that shouldn't have been a bin.

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 03:21 PM
Why do we bother
Referee stitching us up

With the exception of the "obstruction" I thought this has been the best rub of the green we've had from the refs in a long while. The team is imploding now. Not the refs fault.

Starts with Hurrell and his inability and everyones head drops. Then we are on the back foot and nek minut another error and Taylor is sin binned in an effort to slow the play and stop a possible set of 6 and a try.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing Lee and Gordon will get the blame for that try and Cartwright gets a free pass?

lonegull
Carry shows there why he is so much of a liability

Ronny
Could these fox commentators talk up the roosters anymore than they are!

Mr Bods
26-05-18, 03:23 PM
There you go
Referees succeed in officiating us out of the game
Bravo Sydney referees

Commentators of course more interesting in discussion of origin selection than cheating

Boonarga
26-05-18, 03:25 PM
Mitchell needs a smack in the mouth. He’s an angry little turd.

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 03:27 PM
Ummmm, Cartwright is on fire. Commentators "tough one for Cartwright there", I'd be upset if under 15's didn't pick that up. Just gotta keep your eyes on it.

Menoitios
26-05-18, 03:27 PM
If Ennis says Latrell Mitchell once more...

FMD! Mitchell must have promised him a blowy if he says his name more than 100 times....

lonegull
26-05-18, 03:29 PM
Bryce Cartwright will get roosters best and fairest today

Mr Bods
26-05-18, 03:31 PM

Referees and the bunker destroyed us after halftime
We weren’t given a fair rub with the ruck all game too

NZTITAN
26-05-18, 03:31 PM
If Ennis says Latrell Mitchell once more...

FMD! Mitchell must have promised him a blowy if he says his name more than 100 times....

hahahaha this is great

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 03:35 PM

And that was before the knock on from the scrum. Brennan better react to this, it's getting old fast.

- - - Updated - - -

I think someone swapped the bottle of "stick" with a bottle of pure and simple canola spray.

Mr Bods
26-05-18, 03:40 PM
That wasn’t forward by AJ
Stitch up

gotitans101_
26-05-18, 03:42 PM
Carty's knock on before was not even a knock on imo. He bobbled it but it didn't even go into anyone else, it was all his hands. But no, it's the Titans, so of course it was knock on.

Mr Bods
26-05-18, 03:43 PM
Here we go
Junk time penalty’s and sin bin after we have been refereed out of the game

Menoitios
26-05-18, 03:44 PM
Why in the blue FCUK blow a penalty there?????

lonegull
26-05-18, 03:45 PM
Don’t like singling out players but gee Anthony don second half has cost the titans

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 03:46 PM
That wasn’t forward by AJ
Stitch up

Then why did he put his hand up and acknowledge it. It's been a rough second half but we've lost this game.

gotitans101_
26-05-18, 03:47 PM
Game....overrrrrr

lonegull
26-05-18, 03:47 PM
Cartwright again found out in defence he is deadset woeful and Brennan should be making him accountable for the second half debacle

Menoitios
26-05-18, 03:48 PM
FCUK, FCUK, FCUK it all!!! FCUK we suck!!!

Ausphin
26-05-18, 03:48 PM
Admittedly I haven't seen how Brendan Elliot has played for Tweed, but I was suprised he was dropped after his 1 game. Surely he is a better option than Koni. Don't want to see Hurrell again.

I was wanting to have AJ at fullback, but more and more I think he can stick at 6.

Hipgrave is a must to re-sign.

What I wouldn't give to be able to get out of Hurrell, Proctor and Cartwright's contracts.

Menoitios
26-05-18, 03:49 PM
I could use a break from these ****ty performances. I give up!

GO Queensland!

Dobes
26-05-18, 03:50 PM
Is Don is f**king sh*t. Drop him. Hasn’t been setting the world on fire prior to today and he’s been absolutely woeful today. Bring Brendan Elliot back to replace him. F**k me, we should have won that after the first half. Always the way.

Mr Bods
26-05-18, 03:51 PM
Then why did he put his hand up and acknowledge it. It's been a rough second half but we've lost this game.

Why??? He’s been beaten into submission by bad decisions

TITAN PETE
26-05-18, 03:52 PM
Can anyone tell me what has happened to Wallace this season he has been average most games & Today he should donate his cheque to charity...rubbish

Toads
26-05-18, 03:53 PM
... And then the wheels fell off the cart in the second half.

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 03:53 PM
Didn't see anyone before the game saying we were going to win. We outplayed them in the first half. Game was lost when Koni didn't attempt the highball, after that the rest of the team went to mushy peas. Cartwright is a waste, others had an off day (which is better than an off season). Taylor and Brimson look the goods. Hipgrave is nuts. Lee isn't showing his speed and was pedestrian like. Aarow was solid as always.

Moving on.

gotitans101_
26-05-18, 03:54 PM
Why??? He’s been beaten into submission by bad decisions

Have to agree. This all started with the bull**** no try in the first half, then the rubbish send off in the second. I know you could argue that we should be good enough to hang in the game but there's only so many crucial decisions we seem to be able to take before throwing in the towel.

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 03:54 PM
Is Don is f**king sh*t. Drop him. Hasn’t been setting the world on fire prior to today and he’s been absolutely woeful today. Bring Brendan Elliot back to replace him. F**k me, we should have won that after the first half. Always the way.

He was a hero last week....

teke
26-05-18, 03:55 PM
Have a look at Cartys defence when teddy went through for Roosters last try. He is terribad

Menoitios
26-05-18, 03:55 PM
If I was Arrow or Hipgrave...I would be on the first bus out of this sh!t. We play like complete idiots sometimes. I hoped Garth would be the breath of fresh air we needed, but it looks like the same sh!t.

Dobes
26-05-18, 03:58 PM
He was a hero last week....

Sorry bud I don’t recall saying that. Everyone says that our outside backs are our weakest link and we can clearly see that. Shouldn’t that in itself be a grounds to at least try something different? Either way, whether he was good last week or not, we can’t have him showing up in patches... Our guys like Arrow, Brimson, Hipgrave, Gordon are consistent every week. Always give a great performance. I don’t know if Don is getting past it or what, but we need to bring someone else in.

5 Year Contract
Great first half and **** 2nd half. Referees made some absolute horse **** calls that again make you scratch your head as a league fan but hey I at least expect it now. Arrow and Hipgrave were good. Brenko had some great runs as well today. Cartwright started with 2 good hitups and then went back to his dance around **** and sorry he can go to Qcup with hurrell.

Some good, alot bad, but if im being honest its where we are at as a team. We still dont have the correct 1-17 to really compete in the NRL and thats the sad fact about us. Need to buy some backs

NZFan
Don’t like singling out players but gee Anthony don second half has cost the titans

He has been less than average for a long time but he scores the occasional try so we all seem to give him a free pass.

Gordon's defence is beginning to cost us as well. His one on one tackles cost us two tries today.

Now that Peats can play 80 again we don't need Rein either. He just makes our bench so weak.

I didn't actually think Cartwright had a terrible game today

Dobes
26-05-18, 04:03 PM
I didn't actually think Cartwright had a terrible game today

I agree. He wasn’t our best by any means but I thought that he was a bit hardly done by with that “knock on” and with regards to him knocking it on in goal, I think probably everybody else in that instance would have done the same thing. I still wouldn’t mind seeing him go to QCUP to work on his defence though. Shocking part of his game.

Ausphin
26-05-18, 04:05 PM
If I was Arrow or Hipgrave...I would be on the first bus out of this sh!t. We play like complete idiots sometimes. I hoped Garth would be the breath of fresh air we needed, but it looks like the same sh!t.

Really?? New coach and half the squad new. I'm not making excuses, but if you thought we were making the 8 this year you're delusional. I hate losing as much as the next bloke, but this year was always going to be tough.

I prefer to take the positives as we progress throughout the year. Arrow is knocking on the door as an origin player. Hipgrave is nuts and what we have needed for a long time. AJ is really finding his feet and looks like he will be there for a long time. Next year we have Boyd coming who is only 26 and has played for Kangaroos and Peachey is on fire at the moment.

Not all doom and gloom mate.

I do with agree with you on 1 thing though. go the mighty maroons.

Dooldog76
26-05-18, 04:11 PM
The score line should have been a lot tighter than that. The obstruction call on the don try did some real damage to the team. So did sin binning Taylor, thought in no way was it warranted. Having said that, our ball handling was woeful. We deserved to lose going on that second half performance, just not by that much.

Mexican titan
26-05-18, 04:23 PM
I don't know what was said at half time but it didn't work. That was a very ordinary second half and our blokes are not mentally tough enough to put 80 minutes together. The defence up through the middle in the second half was embarrassing and that's where we lost the game.

Upthetits
26-05-18, 05:20 PM
The first half I thought showed the potential Brennan has, a smart game plan executed effectively. The second half left me speechless...im not sure what to think at the moment.

Boonarga
26-05-18, 05:39 PM
Just watched the exact same play in the bunnies game. Player catching it on the inside of a lead runner. Decision? Try

Upthetits
26-05-18, 05:49 PM
Just watched the exact same play in the bunnies game. Player catching it on the inside of a lead runner. Decision? Try

Saw Adam Reynolds run behind his player then back the other way (Sheppard) ref called a try and said to the video ref check it but I don't think any player was impeded...he was about 2m from the defenders. It's a joke mate

JunctionBlock
26-05-18, 05:54 PM
https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/cartwrights-tackle-attempt!681355

At least it's being advertised again.

Mr Bods
26-05-18, 05:57 PM

Yeah it’s no coincidence either
We get stitched up and nobody but a few of us are awake to it

gotitans101_
26-05-18, 06:08 PM
Yeah it’s no coincidence either
We get stitched up and nobody but a few of us are awake to it

nobody cares about us, we are a pretty powerless club in the grand scheme of things.

Titanic Believer
26-05-18, 06:26 PM
No disappointment, no anger, no let down, just a sigh of resignation born of experience.........

Mr Bods
26-05-18, 06:26 PM
HS and DB please write some reflections

Mexican titan
26-05-18, 06:38 PM
Saw Adam Reynolds run behind his player then back the other way (Sheppard) ref called a try and said to the video ref check it but I don't think any player was impeded...he was about 2m from the defenders. It's a joke mate

As i said above it was a disgraceful call but let's not consider it cost us the game. Sure it could have but our second half was pathetic.

Toads
26-05-18, 07:05 PM
HS and DB please write some reflections

C'mon, Gents. Hurry up. Pornhub must be down for the night.

indoallstars
26-05-18, 07:19 PM
I was at the game with the other three supporters in the crowd. Completely lost all momentum with Koni stuffs ups, and Bryces poor defensive reads (he did have better attack though).

2nd half our defense never moved up off the line, just kept going backwards....our whole momentum changed.

I do think Don, Proctor & Hurrell are all passed there used by dates, hope we have a gun winger for 2019.

Saw Garth after the game outside the stadium and he looked absolutely shattered/dissapointed. We should have won that game after half time, however not surprised.

BundyTitan
26-05-18, 07:36 PM
Unpopular opinion but as much as I love Hipgrave and his enthusiasm and passion, he needs to bloody tone it down. Suspended in his first 2 NRL games and he'll likely be gone again for the high tackle on Teddy this week.

Overall a bad loss and I was hopeful after the first half but the Roosters are a quality side when they are on (in the second half), and sadly we were close to being at our worst after half time. Still a lot of work to do and a lot of improvement but can't expect miracles in the first season of a new coach.

- - - Updated - - -

Also in other news, Carty is absolutely cooked. He has to be dropped no excuses. And Garth better not try to justify it and back him up like the Munster "tackle" attempt. Wouldn't be surprised if Cartwright doesn't see out his 4 year contract.

gotitans101_
26-05-18, 09:11 PM
Bryce Cartwright lets James Tedesco run past him to set up a try

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/titans/nrl-2018-bryce-cartwright-lets-james-tedesco-run-past-him-to-set-up-a-try/news-story/9daae9bac7e7eb1775466a365465dc16

Titanic
26-05-18, 09:35 PM
The second half was foul ... the same old crap dished-up but the first half was a cracker so I want to just dwell on that. The team played as a team and I was convinced that we would hold our own. Now we have to build on that.

Dobes
26-05-18, 10:37 PM

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/titans/nrl-2018-bryce-cartwright-lets-james-tedesco-run-past-him-to-set-up-a-try/news-story/9daae9bac7e7eb1775466a365465dc16

Wow. Seriously, what does Bryce have to do to be dropped? This better be it.

Titan68
26-05-18, 11:04 PM
Cartwright will never get dropped. Cause if we held our breath , waiting for it to happen , there would be a lot of dead Titans Supporters

teke
27-05-18, 03:14 AM
I picked this tackle up in the second it happened because i thought to myself, did that fella just jump out of the way?

rj62
27-05-18, 06:26 AM
Cartwright and Koni have to go

So disappointing after an unexpected first half.

Mr Bods
27-05-18, 07:17 AM

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this in my life at any level of football other than maybe kids under the age of 9 who get scared when a kid much bigger than them comes charging at them and their heart isn’t in it.
In the past I’ve gotten frustrated at defenders like Jordan Atkins or Tyrone Roberts or Kane Elgey who might get trampled OVER but at least those blokes put their body on the line!!!!

FRIG OFF out of our Gold Coast Cartwright you fraud.
What the hell have you done Brennan.

Menoitios
27-05-18, 07:25 AM
Maybe someone should check Cartwright's TAB account. ;)

Mr Bods
27-05-18, 07:56 AM
Maybe someone should check Cartwright's TAB account. ;)

I can remember dogging it on a very cold frosty morning when this fella twice the size of me ran at me when I was 12 and I got sprayed at halftime and it haunts me to this day.
I was a pretty average footy player (actually I was crap) but I never dogged it again.

This guy has done it twice now on coin that the rest of us can only ever dream of. We’ve taken him out of his miserable Western Sydney existence and he gives us embarrassing weak tripe.

I’m livid.

BundyTitan
27-05-18, 08:08 AM
#sackCarty 2.0

Dooldog76
27-05-18, 10:09 AM
I think Taylor’s sin binning was what hurt the most. Sin binning our playmaker for an accident was atrocious. Also there really needs to be some clarity around warnings and then giving a sin binning. Yesterday I think there were two or three sets of footy between the warning and the send off. How long does the warning last for? Because that really screwed us over and they score twice inthat 10 mins. NRL needs some consistency.

ja4220
27-05-18, 11:21 AM
I think Taylor’s sin binning was what hurt the most.

I agree. We really lost our way in that period. When Ash was marched I thought ok now it’s AJ’s time to shine. But as usual Cartwright got pushed into the primary playmaker role and just lacked any direction.

ozynorts
27-05-18, 12:26 PM
We can winge about the refs all we like but until we fix our defence nothing is going to change.
If I was a team mate of Cartwright I would be blowing up delux about his lack of effort. If Brennan is not careful his coaching career may be forever tarnished by one selfish player. Boddsie was spot on when he said that at least guys like Elgey tried to tackle and put their body on the line.

DavidBouveng
28-05-18, 08:59 PM
what a tale of two halves.

First half we were the better team by a long long way. we seemed to have a clear game plan making metres up field and attacking their edge channels. we looked like a proper NRL team who knows how to compete.

That no try was a crock. I understand that he ran slightly behind his own player, but we weren't near the defensive line and no one was impeded in any way... not even blocking the defenders line of sight. Next time a fullback or someone crabs across field behind his own players and isn't pinged for it i'll blow up. luckily we scored shortly after but Refs showed their hand on that one.

Second half just turned to pot. it was very close until the Sin Bin, and we proved just like last week that we cant handle that adversity, whether he should have been sent or not. We aren't mature enough to deal with it and we need to toughen up. good teams manage that 10 minutes and most get away without giving up a try. Sin binning is here to stay so we need to learn how to mentally manage it.

Across the team... Ash was good early, still not playing good for anywhere near 80, and ANOTHER kick out on the full. surely he leads the NRL in that?

We played decently as a team in first half so it is hard to single anyone out besides maybe the usual suspects like Arrow, and second half most played like busted's.

Cartys effort on Teddy was laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. He actually had to jump step back slightly to make sure he didn't touch him. it would have taken less effort to accidentally touch Tedesco.... something is very wrong with this situation.

I think the mental attitude of the team combined with the youth means it is going to take some time to get where we need to go. I do trust we are building a squad, and i do think Garth is still learning who he can trust to deliver in the team. it probably wont look a lot better this year, but hopefully we can show glimpses before the year is out and have a hell of an off season to really knuckle down on what we stand for and come out next year like the tigers did this year, with effort as their barometer.

There isn't enough Mini GF's left to make the top 8 i don't think, so try to enjoy Arrow, MoFo, Brimo, Hipgrave and some of the young guys coming through this year as they make their way.

Mr Bods
29-05-18, 06:13 AM
^^^ there’s been no mini GFs since round 8 against Cronulla. The focus has been completely different since then. Getting respect, development and consistency.
Unfortunately it’s close to impossible there’s a likelihood of another mini GF.