PDA

View Full Version : Rugby League podcasts: Titans podcast?

DIEHARD
06-05-18, 03:16 PM
I've been listening to a few of these.

One I listen to weekly is Leaguel Counsel. LINK (https://soundcloud.com/user-213310981) A friend of mine, Jack who was one of the co-founders of HKRL is involved and he is very funny.

Another I just found is Rugby League in America. LINK (https://player.fm/series/2212541)

Do you have any recommendations?

Mr Bods
06-05-18, 04:25 PM
I’d like to see a Titans podcast, you are a clever fella DieHard and there are some resources in here such as Titanic, mdrew, HS and DB that you can bring in to add some colour.

DIEHARD
06-05-18, 05:12 PM
I’d like to see a Titans podcast, you are a clever fella DieHard and there are some resources in here such as Titanic, mdrew, HS and DB that you can bring in to add some colour.

I was thinking that walking around getting lunch enjoying the Rugby League in America podcast.

It would be fantastic to harvest all the views and opinions and ideas of the forum. It'd be a great help to the fanbase. But a lot of work.

In the past Coaster ran the LeigonTalk podcast, and then Mick Maas took over.

I guess it'd have to be weekly to be useful. Let's talk about. If we did one, how long would it go for?

Mr Bods
06-05-18, 05:32 PM
Half an hour a week would be plenty
Discuss the previous weekends game
Maybe a Burleigh/Tweed Heads QCup wrap
Discuss what stories are in the Media about us
Move onto a preview of the upcoming game
Done

DIEHARD
06-05-18, 05:41 PM
Half an hour a week would be plenty
Discuss the previous weekends game
Maybe a Burleigh/Tweed Heads QCup wrap
Discuss what stories are in the Media about us
Move onto a preview of the upcoming game
Done

Thursday morning each week?

Mr Bods
06-05-18, 05:50 PM
Thursday morning each week?

You would probably need to record it on a Tuesday night when people aren’t at work so you can do your skype calls or whatever and then maybe edit it and hopefully have it available Wednesday night

DIEHARD
12-05-18, 12:31 PM
You would probably need to record it on a Tuesday night when people aren’t at work so you can do your skype calls or whatever and then maybe edit it and hopefully have it available Wednesday night

I think for a podcast to be successful we need a niche and we have one. An entire region and NRL club.

There is much to talk about. But it'd require us all to become a lot closer connected. Which I think will be great. We'd do skypes can calls. But also refer to comments off the forum and namedrop people too. There is just so much gold in there.

I'd be happy to be the central curator and piece it together. But I really should't take on anything until August. As I'm getting married and I have many balls in the air.

But I do think we have a unique, interesting and informed message to put out there. And it has always been a dream of mine to see the Titans have a creative, mature and self aware fan base. And it would lead to things like pushing back in the media, increasing crowd support and atmosphere and hopefully a Supporters Association.

So looking at the draw it'd... yuck, Round 24. Makes you think what is the point. Maybe we can start sooner.

Maybe Round 14 (Souths). 8 June.

DIEHARD
02-06-18, 01:43 PM
I think it'd be fun to give this a go.

We have also started a HKRL podcast here as well.

It'd need a cool name.

Newcastle soccer team call theirs the Jetstream. :thumbsup:

Titanic
02-06-18, 02:43 PM
Podcast name: Titan Uranus ... a weekly off-world podcast featuring a different perspective of the Gold Coast Titans ... no laughing Bodsie. Great idea, I’m happy to contribute too.

DIEHARD
02-06-18, 04:00 PM
Podcast name: Titan Uranus ... a weekly off-world podcast featuring a different perspective of the Gold Coast Titans ... no laughing Bodsie. Great idea, I’m happy to contribute too.

Jesus christ! :laugh: :laugh: Laughing out loud.

Your contribution is mandatory.

One thing about this project is that we can crowd source it on the forum. We all have our special areas of experience and interest, and combined we can offer some interesting views and latest news to keep people tuning in.

DIEHARD
02-06-18, 04:02 PM
On other podcasts, here is the new HKRL podcast. LINK HERE TO LISTEN (https://www.facebook.com/hkrugbyleague/posts/1075113535962546)

Titanic
02-06-18, 09:00 PM
For those mythologically or grammatically challenged I should explain that “Titan Uranus” is more than a glib selection of terminology because:

(a) “Uranus” was one the original mythological Titans therefore Titan Uranus is appropriate as a title of our podcast.
(b) “Uranus” is one of the least known planets in our solar system and therefore synonymous with our Titans’ lack of worldly presence.
(c) “Titan Uranus” is a combination of two homophones (words that are spelt differently but sound the same in another context) “tighten your anus” which in itself is sage advice for those listeners not on the same page as our podcast.

DavidBouveng
03-06-18, 08:08 PM
Id love to be involved DH and Titanic if you need some any people to help out

Mr Bods
03-06-18, 08:14 PM

There is only one Titanic. Titan Uranus, wow. That’s original.
A couple of Suns fans started a podcast recently and I quite enjoy listening to it, every week their rapport improves. One lives here and the other is in Melbourne, the first time they ever spoke to each other was in doing the podcast.
Be great for us to have one.
The talent and quirkiness and passion is here on our board.
I could put you in touch with The Suns fan who has a podcast if you want some pointers about the logistics and technical side of things if you want DH or DB or Titanic.
He seems like a very gentle and helpful chap.

Titanic
04-06-18, 04:04 PM
I think a weekly magazine-style event would be awesome with the potential to have specials around Awards and major milestones. But first we need some questions answered:

1. Costs?
2. Can they be posted on this domain? What’s the process?
3. It needs a tech savvy and committed ‘producer’ to coordinate the team.
4. The team:
a. DH - chief cook and bottle washer.
b. mdrew - local league
c. DB - NRL round up
d. Titanic - anything large
e. Someone from the Club or at least the Alliance
f. Feel free to add your name and position here.

5 minutes, give or take, each and there’s your podcast.

DIEHARD
04-06-18, 06:15 PM
I think a weekly magazine-style event would be awesome with the potential to have specials around Awards and major milestones. But first we need some questions answered:

1. Costs?
2. Can they be posted on this domain? What’s the process?
3. It needs a tech savvy and committed ‘producer’ to coordinate the team.
4. The team:
a. DH - chief cook and bottle washer.
b. mdrew - local league
c. DB - NRL round up
d. Titanic - anything large
e. Someone from the Club or at least the Alliance
f. Feel free to add your name and position here.

5 minutes, give or take, each and there’s your podcast.

That seems on point to me. Although maybe a touch longer than 5mins. When it comes to the different sections, we can also contribute ideas and comments, so it isn't a big burden. A new dedicated domain is probably best, but still part of LoT.

DavidBouveng
04-06-18, 10:18 PM
something like a 'stud' of the week and 'dud' pf the week with an explanation why could be cool and ill put my hand to add that into my bit.

although Arrow and Carty winning every week will get boring.

DIEHARD
04-06-18, 10:29 PM
something like a 'stud' of the week and 'dud' pf the week with an explanation why could be cool and ill put my hand to add that into my bit.

although Arrow and Carty winning every week will get boring.

That'd great.

We could almost do a dummy run. We could have some type of crisp passing sound effect as we throw to different people and segments.

I'd like to do club wide news and related news from wider Rugby League.

DIEHARD
05-06-18, 01:05 PM
We could call it 'League of Titans' podcast. I chose the name to focus on the collection of people we have here, that form a greater whole.

league

a covenant or compact made between persons, parties, states, etc., for the promotion or maintenance of common interests or for mutual assistance or service.
the aggregation of persons, parties, states, etc., associated in such a covenant or compact; confederacy.
an association of individuals having a common goal.

To kick things off, perhaps a few of us can have a chat on google hangouts (To get to know each other better and brain storm) and see what happens.

Titanic
05-06-18, 01:42 PM
DH, as you probably know, anything to do with Google won't work when I'm on mainland China. I'm currently in Australia but that will only be until Friday week at this point. Perhaps another platform like creating a WeChat group?

DIEHARD
05-06-18, 03:14 PM
DH, as you probably know, anything to do with Google won't work when I'm on mainland China. I'm currently in Australia but that will only be until Friday week at this point. Perhaps another platform like creating a WeChat group?

I don't want the CCP spying on me :laugh: (But hey maybe they'd learn that rugby league is the game for the proletariat)

Let's think about this. Skype? :ugh:

Titanic
05-06-18, 07:28 PM
WeChat is a lot more stable

ozynorts
06-06-18, 05:45 PM
Mr Bods could get a guest spot with “bodsies bi**h session”. ;)

Mr Bods
06-06-18, 05:46 PM
I wish I didn’t have things to complain about but our club just keeps on producing things that make me shake my head in disbelief

Mexican titan
06-06-18, 07:20 PM
Mr Bods could get a guest spot with “bodsies bi**h session”. ;)

Bods should do the injury and physio report. He has always had an interest in that area.

Mr Bods
06-06-18, 07:46 PM
Bods should do the injury and physio report. He has always had an interest in that area.

It’s improved so much MT

ja4220
07-06-18, 05:33 PM
It’s improved so much MT

Speaking of, does the new Physio get a pass mark? Taking my boy to see him in the morning. Should we be worried ;)

Mr Bods
07-06-18, 06:53 PM
Speaking of, does the new Physio get a pass mark? Taking my boy to see him in the morning. Should we be worried ;)

Ha ha.....I’ve heard he’s good. Condon would be fantastic too, it’s just under the general regime back then things just werent satisfying for how long in my personal opinion it would take to rehab some injuries.

Mr Bods
01-07-18, 11:06 PM
What’s happening with this DH??
It’s a vital initiative going forward for LOT.
The talent is there on this board to make it work.

DIEHARD
02-07-18, 01:16 AM
What’s happening with this DH??
It’s a vital initiative going forward for LOT.
The talent is there on this board to make it work.

I'm as keen as mustard. And I'll have plenty of time to dedicate to it but getting married in early August. So until then I'm limited.

Although the Broncos game next weekend would be a juicy starting point.

Titanic
02-07-18, 01:20 AM
I’ll be based back at Hope Island by then too.

DIEHARD
02-07-18, 01:29 AM

:thumbsup:

I've been watching a bit of the work of Wigan Rugby Fans - Wigan Fan TV & Blog

https://www.facebook.com/wiganrugbyfans/videos/385500731946148/

But this is more a video chat based format. They also convert it into a traditional audio podcast. Even if it isn't a regular thing, it'd be great just to throw everyone together and see what happens. Be like the Avengers. :laugh:

Just some more ideas for everyone.

Titanic
04-07-18, 06:43 PM
Some more potential names currently not taken for the podcast:

1. Talk of the Titans
2. Re-Member the Titans
3.Trash of the Titans
4. Titancast ... I am titancasting today from CBus Stadium
5. abfghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz (no DCE)

I want to have my section as: my wife says Scraping the Bottom with Titanic but I want There's a hole in my bottom by Titanic :)

I've also been advised that the key to a good titancast is all the content getting in on time each week.

Mexican titan
04-07-18, 07:29 PM

My Friends at Oxenford is your best local Chinese restaurant mate. I know you'll be just hanging for Australian made Chinese food!

Titanic
04-07-18, 09:53 PM
Lol MT ... what’s a noodle or two between friends :)

DIEHARD
06-07-18, 12:40 PM
I see value in Titancast or at least something on the tin that tells people what the product is inside.

Titanic
06-07-18, 06:27 PM
DH, I have an English guy here interested in helping us with the technology. Also I fly back tomorrow and will then be based in Oz.

DIEHARD
08-07-18, 06:02 PM
DH, I have an English guy here interested in helping us with the technology. Also I fly back tomorrow and will then be based in Oz.

Wanna catch up?

Titanic
09-07-18, 11:23 AM
Wanna catch up?Yes mate for sure, especially before I get busy again.

DIEHARD
12-07-18, 10:25 PM
Ok, so who is keen to be involved? Titanic and I want to push this project along.

Titanic
14-07-18, 02:20 PM
C'mon youse all ... if you want a podcast then say so and if you can help then put your hand up.

DIEHARD
14-07-18, 03:05 PM
C'mon youse all ... if you want a podcast then say so and if you can help then put your hand up.

Yea and even general comments also welcome to help shape it.

GCTTSD
14-07-18, 03:10 PM
I'd be keen to be involved in some way

mdrew
14-07-18, 03:13 PM
If there is enough interest in the Junior Development side of things happy to help

ozynorts
15-07-18, 09:51 AM
I would listen in but am not sure if/how I could contribute.. Mrdrew definitely some junior content would be great.

Mr Bods
15-07-18, 10:02 AM
The person I’d like to contribute to the podcast in no particular order are
Diehard
Titanic
Junction Block
mdrew
David Bouveng
Hail Sezer

DIEHARD
01-01-19, 10:14 PM
Welcome to 2019. I'm going to start making some short videos about the Titans and Rugby League.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FUvXG3ifZU

Titanic
02-01-19, 04:55 AM
Onya DH, great start. I’m currently in Swansea (Wales) on holidays and just yesterday morning I took my 13 year old son RJ to The George Hotel (Huddersfield) where a meeting in 1895 inaugurated Rugby League ... we all have tales to tell so let’s get it moving. I’m back 08 Jan.

lonegull
02-01-19, 07:01 AM
great work Diehard

DIEHARD
02-01-19, 01:40 PM
Onya DH, great start. I’m currently in Swansea (Wales) on holidays and just yesterday morning I took my 13 year old son RJ to The George Hotel (Huddersfield) where a meeting in 1895 inaugurated Rugby League ... we all have tales to tell so let’s get it moving. I’m back 08 Jan.

Oh the George! I'd love to visit there one day. Excellent things to discuss!

When you say back, you mean Australia?

Titanic
02-01-19, 06:30 PM
When you say back, you mean Australia?China 08 and Oz 17 Jan