PDA

View Full Version : Round 10: STORM vs TITANS (2018)

Pages : [1] 2

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 03:40 PM
STORM vs TITANS

Mr Bods
05-05-18, 03:48 PM
Have a meeting with Bellamy while he’s up here. See how serious he is about wanting to be on the Coast.

In terms of the game we are cooked....Brennan needs to find a way to just present a team that at the very least can compete and looks like an NRL team.

Dobes
05-05-18, 03:56 PM
Agreed Bodsy. I'm not even going to bother watching this game. Sure there's plenty of better ways I could spend my time ��

5 Year Contract
05-05-18, 04:05 PM
Brenko, AJ, Elgey, Copley (fit?) all back in. Ash and James need the ****ing riot act read to them or they can go sit in Qcup for all I care right now.

really though we are still going to get belted so why watch

Toads
05-05-18, 04:24 PM
I'll watch it. But I did enjoy giving the Principal a wink after getting six of the best, back in the day. Similar sort of philosophy can be applied being a Titan's fan

RavShamrock
05-05-18, 04:36 PM
Yes Toads, good sh1t.

Mexican titan
05-05-18, 04:40 PM
I bought tickets to this game weeks ago as it's part of the double header. After the Titans game ends then I will be able to watch Manly who are on fire, well and truly, at the moment. Towering inferno like. My tickets are on level 5 which is a jump risk so I think I'll get them swapped for the lower level.
I hate this game sometimes.

Mr Bods
05-05-18, 05:39 PM
The Members Trip to the Double Header might be just a Mini Bus. 12 seater not 22 seater too.

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 06:17 PM
The Members Trip to the Double Header might be just a Mini Bus. 12 seater not 22 seater too.

Or a tarago

Mexican titan
05-05-18, 06:28 PM

Motorbike and sidecar?

RavShamrock
05-05-18, 06:31 PM
Motorbike and sidecar?

Shotgun!

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 09:55 PM

Love to hear how many show up.

I don't think we will be seeing a repeat performance of last year. And that is a damn shame in our efforts to build a respectable fan base up in Brisbane. Or more importantly stamp some respect into people.

Motorbike and sidecar?

Laughed out loud.

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 09:56 PM
I was going to ask how LG went, but just saw that Tweed have a bye. One thing is for sure. IMO we simply can't have B.Cartwright at 5/8th. Hurrell has to be dropped, he has more lives than Super Mario.

gotitans101_
05-05-18, 10:10 PM
i don't think any quick team changes will fix this team tbh

Still can't believe I fell for it.

Hail Sezer
05-05-18, 10:31 PM
i don't think any quick team changes will fix this team tbh

Still can't believe I fell for it.

Yeah mate..

We're a long way off having a competitive, sustainable roster. I think to give us some perspective we can look at Penrith..they had something like 7 starters out and still fielded a strong team to compete with the Cowboys. We'll get there, but to ever think it would happen in less than 2 years is unrealistic as we are now seeing. Rebuilds take years. I don't see 2017 as a development year. If anything we went backwards. 2016 was, sure, but the years prior we moved sideways if anything. A new coach coming in almost puts us back to square one as well.

The week to week of season 2018 is going to be rough fellas and I can sense the frustration here with a coach who has admitted himself that he is learning and taking lessons from different things as the season goes on. The frustration is completely understandable because we've copped this for years now but I'm willing to let him get a season under his belt at least to see what he's really made of.

That said, if he picks Carty at 6 for this game i'm throwing sand. In my own eyes. Can't face it.

ozynorts
06-05-18, 06:16 AM
I still believe that Brennan can get the job done but he is really testing me with his admitted love for Hurrell and Cartwright. It was bad enough that we had to tolerate the love fest for Zillman for so long but to have two coaches pets in the team is going to turn the fan base against Garth quicker than any number of losses will.....
He might want to touch base with the fans and get a history lesson on how they feel about coaches pets..

Mr Bods
06-05-18, 09:25 AM
Yeah mate..

We're a long way off having a competitive, sustainable roster. I think to give us some perspective we can look at Penrith..they had something like 7 starters out and still fielded a strong team to compete with the Cowboys. We'll get there, but to ever think it would happen in less than 2 years is unrealistic as we are now seeing. Rebuilds take years. I don't see 2017 as a development year. If anything we went backwards. 2016 was, sure, but the years prior we moved sideways if anything. A new coach coming in almost puts us back to square one as well.

The week to week of season 2018 is going to be rough fellas and I can sense the frustration here with a coach who has admitted himself that he is learning and taking lessons from different things as the season goes on. The frustration is completely understandable because we've copped this for years now but I'm willing to let him get a season under his belt at least to see what he's really made of.

That said, if he picks Carty at 6 for this game i'm throwing sand. In my own eyes. Can't face it.

If that’s the case then strap yourselves in for Drongoes Media and Drongoes Fans trying to get us to be kicked out of the NRL
I’m noticing it already in comments sections of the media

Hail Sezer
06-05-18, 10:12 AM
If that’s the case then strap yourselves in for Drongoes Media and Drongoes Fans trying to get us to be kicked out of the NRL
I’m noticing it already in comments sections of the media

Nothing new there Bodsy, that's been happening for years

Titanic
06-05-18, 11:30 AM
Both my postings in the Courier Mail were deleted ... why? my only comments being that the Ponies team has fewer actual Brisbane players than Melbourne and that they’ve historically recruited from the NQ and the Coast. The truth hurts like a barbed-wire enema.

Dooldog76
06-05-18, 11:56 AM
Ok, I’m being positive again. Hipgrave was solid, needs to start. King is awesome and I think fotuaika provided some great impact from our bench. Our forward pack is quite good and I don’t buy into the whole “we need a big bopper” argument, just have to keep our current roster. Mick Gordon is the best fullback we’ve had since presto. If it wasn’t for him there would’ve been at least one more try put on us yesterday. Taylor is great, and when you place all the pressure on one half and he doesn’t have a recognized half to play with, you are going to have issues. We are missing peats and we missed arrow and Wallace way too much yesterday. I’m prepared to stick with Garth Vader, I just want consistency. I can’t keep copping these jekyl/Hyde performances. Otherwise they wil need to add a defribrilator in the supporters packs next year.

DIEHARD
06-05-18, 12:43 PM
Both my postings in the Courier Mail were deleted ... why? my only comments being that the Ponies team has fewer actual Brisbane players than Melbourne and that they’ve historically recruited from the NQ and the Coast. The truth hurts like a barbed-wire enema.

Never really thought about looking at that before.

DIEHARD
06-05-18, 12:43 PM
I still believe that Brennan can get the job done but he is really testing me with his admitted love for Hurrell and Cartwright. It was bad enough that we had to tolerate the love fest for Zillman for so long but to have two coaches pets in the team is going to turn the fan base against Garth quicker than any number of losses will.....
He might want to touch base with the fans and get a history lesson on how they feel about coaches pets..

This is where I am at as well.

Mr Bods
06-05-18, 01:44 PM

You actually put facts there rather than abuse at The Titans Club or a Titans post. How dare you do that.

DIEHARD
06-05-18, 01:56 PM
You actually put facts there rather than abuse at The Titans Club or a Titans post. How dare you do that.

A simple thing we can do is hunt as a pack. If someone sees an article or fb post or tweet, share it and we can all weigh in and stick up for the club. I made a dedicated thread. Click Here (http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/showthread.php?28834-Titan-Bashing-in-the-Media-thread&p=381489#post381489)

BundyTitan
06-05-18, 03:03 PM
Well stayed offline yesterday to regret saying something stupid but now the dust has settled. Yesterday just like the last few weeks has been disappointing to say the least and downright embarrassing. However, I admit that like many of us I was over reactive over those couple of wins we had, and this year is going to be another dreaded rebuild year which is to be expected with a new coach and a roster which is still not his. It will take time, which is frustrating as geez it would be good to not dread when game day comes. But all we want to see is that we are moving somewhere. Off the field we are certainly looking good, but the roster still has a long way to go and we would want to make some big signings in the new few weeks and months.

Now I can't blame Garth for dropping Elgey (as much as I love him), his defence needed work and he needed a few weeks to build his confidence. However, the Carty at 6 experiment has clearly failed and Garth needs to be a man and admit his mistake. Bring Elgey back in (he's certainly better for our attack) or blood Brimson (although I can understand not debuting him at 5/8th when he is apparently being built for FB). Hurrell needs to be dropped to QCUP to get some of his form back. As much as he's a great character and a loveable guy, he is seriously out of form big time. Our forwards are quite good, really impressed by Arrow, King, Hipgrave and wow what a debut by Fotuaika.

Would love to see this team:

1. Gordon
2. Sami
3. Copley/Elliot (Copley if fit)
4. Lee (give him a go)
5. Don
6. Elgey/Brimson
7. Taylor
8. Wallace
9. Rein
10. James
11. Matthews
12. Proctor
13. Arrow (fingers crossed, otherwise King to lock, Simpkins back onto the bench)

14. Hipgrave
15. Cartwright
16. King
17. Fotuaika

Will be heading to this game and I at least want to see a competitive performance.

teke
06-05-18, 03:09 PM
Ok, I’m being positive again. Hipgrave was solid, needs to start. King is awesome and I think fotuaika provided some great impact from our bench. Our forward pack is quite good and I don’t buy into the whole “we need a big bopper” argument, just have to keep our current roster. Mick Gordon is the best fullback we’ve had since presto. If it wasn’t for him there would’ve been at least one more try put on us yesterday. Taylor is great, and when you place all the pressure on one half and he doesn’t have a recognized half to play with, you are going to have issues. We are missing peats and we missed arrow and Wallace way too much yesterday. I’m prepared to stick with Garth Vader, I just want consistency. I can’t keep copping these jekyl/Hyde performances. Otherwise they wil need to add a defribrilator in the supporters packs next year.I dont know how many bombs Gordon has to drop before he's highlighted. Its been something 5 or 6 over the last month or so. Not good enough, some fbs dont drop that many in a season, add to that he provides little impact with his runs.

Mr Bods
06-05-18, 03:19 PM
I dont know how many bombs Gordon has to drop before he's highlighted. Its been something 5 or 6 over the last month or so. Not good enough, some fbs dont drop that many in a season, add to that he provides little impact with his runs.

Yeah he’s dropped so many. He’s going to have to be our FB though till Brimson is ready and then go to the Wing. In the meantime we just have to grin and bear it.

Dooldog76
06-05-18, 03:30 PM
I dont know how many bombs Gordon has to drop before he's highlighted. Its been something 5 or 6 over the last month or so. Not good enough, some fbs dont drop that many in a season, add to that he provides little impact with his runs.

I’m not denying there is an error in his game under the high ball, but his one on one defence and positional play is outstanding. Support play is great as well. For what we are paying him he’s worth every cent. And from what I hear AJ is being groomed for the position so it won’t be long before he goes. I imagine they will start a minicello/rts situation before long.

DIEHARD
06-05-18, 05:47 PM
Match highlights: Dragons v Storm - Round 9, 2018

St George Illawarra Dragons have defeated the Melbourne Storm 34-14 at Jubilee Oval.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/06/match-highlights-dragons-v-storm---round-9-2018/

DavidBouveng
06-05-18, 06:41 PM
great... Melbourne coming off a smacking by Dragons.... just what we needed

RavShamrock
06-05-18, 07:01 PM
Well stayed offline yesterday to regret saying something stupid but now the dust has settled. Yesterday just like the last few weeks has been disappointing to say the least and downright embarrassing. However, I admit that like many of us I was over reactive over those couple of wins we had, and this year is going to be another dreaded rebuild year which is to be expected with a new coach and a roster which is still not his. It will take time, which is frustrating as geez it would be good to not dread when game day comes. But all we want to see is that we are moving somewhere. Off the field we are certainly looking good, but the roster still has a long way to go and we would want to make some big signings in the new few weeks and months.

Now I can't blame Garth for dropping Elgey (as much as I love him), his defence needed work and he needed a few weeks to build his confidence. However, the Carty at 6 experiment has clearly failed and Garth needs to be a man and admit his mistake. Bring Elgey back in (he's certainly better for our attack) or blood Brimson (although I can understand not debuting him at 5/8th when he is apparently being built for FB). Hurrell needs to be dropped to QCUP to get some of his form back. As much as he's a great character and a loveable guy, he is seriously out of form big time. Our forwards are quite good, really impressed by Arrow, King, Hipgrave and wow what a debut by Fotuaika.

Would love to see this team:

1. Gordon
2. Sami
3. Copley/Elliot (Copley if fit)
4. Lee (give him a go)
5. Don
6. Elgey/Brimson
7. Taylor
8. Wallace
9. Rein
10. James
11. Matthews
12. Proctor
13. Arrow (fingers crossed, otherwise King to lock, Simpkins back onto the bench)

14. Hipgrave
15. Cartwright
16. King
17. Fotuaika

Will be heading to this game and I at least want to see a competitive performance.

Where's Stockwell BT?

Titanic
06-05-18, 07:10 PM
Matthews at left centre, Elliott to left wing and Copley at right centre ... just saying.

BundyTitan
06-05-18, 07:13 PM
Where's Stockwell BT?

Wasn't sure where to fit him in. Been impressed with how he has been going but not sure who you can take off that bench. Forwards are an area where we are pretty blessed, got lots of good blokes there fighting for limited positions. It's our backs that are the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't see how we don't see Brenko Lee get a shot this week. Been playing pretty decent footy in the QCUP and he would add a bit to our attack (we have literally no punch out wide).

RavShamrock
06-05-18, 07:21 PM
Matthews at left centre, Elliott to left wing and Copley at right centre ... just saying.

Interesting Titanic. I like to mix things up so do you really think Mathews could do a job at centre and can Copley play right??

BundyTitan
06-05-18, 07:26 PM
Big no to a back rower playing centre. It's been tried 100 times and it never works out good, they are slower and get beaten on the outside on pace. Keep Matthews left second rower, Copley left centre, and either Brenko or Elliot on the right.

RavShamrock
06-05-18, 07:46 PM
Isaah Yeo goes alright

Titanic
06-05-18, 08:57 PM
I’m not a supporter of forwards in the backs either but we have nothing in the cupboard. Even in our darkest of dark days we had more options than right now. Matthews is the forward most at risk amongst our roster so I singled him out.

Our entire pack, minus Simpkins, should be signed long term and then we build a backline behind their go forward. Boyd just keeps a more mobile player out of the mix. If Wallace leaves then the message is that “coming home is no good” and we can’t allow that. Don’t forget we’ve got Peachy next year and he doesn’t fit into our pack at all considering Cartwright belongs on the bench at best. So there’s one centre.

Brimson needs to slip into the 17 to learn his trade and we should eat humble pie and get GL and Kelly back ... then we look a lot better with a youthful development squad.

Dooldog76
07-05-18, 05:30 AM
I’m not a supporter of forwards in the backs either but we have nothing in the cupboard. Even in our darkest of dark days we had more options than right now. Matthews is the forward most at risk amongst our roster so I singled him out.

Our entire pack, minus Simpkins, should be signed long term and then we build a backline behind their go forward. Boyd just keeps a more mobile player out of the mix. If Wallace leaves then the message is that “coming home is no good” and we can’t allow that. Don’t forget we’ve got Peachy next year and he doesn’t fit into our pack at all considering Cartwright belongs on the bench at best. So there’s one centre.

Brimson needs to slip into the 17 to learn his trade and we should eat humble pie and get GL and Kelly back ... then we look a lot better with a youthful development squad.

Every time I see Kelly run on for the eagles I think of what could’ve been. He was just offered more money wasn’t he?

RavShamrock
07-05-18, 10:29 AM
1. Gordon
2. Sami
3. Copley
4. Hurrell
5. Don
6. Cartwright
7. Taylor
8. Wallace
9. Rein
10. James
11. Matthews
12. Proctor
13. Hipgrave

14. Stockwell
15. King
16. Fotuaika
17. Brimson

BundyTitan
07-05-18, 12:01 PM
I know how much of a fan you are of him but surely the Cartwright at 6 experiment is over surely Rav...

Chuck him back on the bench so he can be a back rower where he belongs and then bring back Elgey/debut Brimson.

gotitans101_
07-05-18, 12:38 PM
Every time I see Kelly run on for the eagles I think of what could’ve been. He was just offered more money wasn’t he?

Maybe teke or Mexican Titan can add some input but I'm not sure if Kelly is the player some here are making him out to be?

GCTTSD
07-05-18, 12:44 PM
I initially loved the idea of Cartwright at 6 but it's clear to see ash is struggling as the only playmaker and failing to guide the team around the park, if Garth want elgey to get his confidence back, Garth needs to give elgey the 6 or even 7 and tell him to be the dominant half and take control, he's far from our worst defender and he's shown glimpses of his best this year, Kane at his best is playing as a dominant half like he did in Canberra in 15 playing alongside Mortimer and zillman. There's no other options in the halves this year and ash is struggling, at the moment ash is sitting back and picking his moments to chime in

Titanic
07-05-18, 01:16 PM
Maybe teke or Mexican Titan can add some input but I'm not sure if Kelly is the player some here are making him out to be?I've been watching him very closely and although he's still a work in progress, that work should be being done with us.

Mexican titan
07-05-18, 01:32 PM
Maybe teke or Mexican Titan can add some input but I'm not sure if Kelly is the player some here are making him out to be?

He is probably given high reviews on here due to our centres/wingers being useless in the main and people regretting that he left. However he is improving weekly and is doing some nice things in attack. His defence is shaky at times but that side of his game seems to be on the improve as well. When he left here it was meh to me but he is a much better player than Koni is now.

mdrew
07-05-18, 02:40 PM
Kelly was let go by the previous coach with a year left on his contract with us because he was considered not good enough!

RavShamrock
07-05-18, 03:06 PM
I know how much of a fan you are of him but surely the Cartwright at 6 experiment is over surely Rav...

Chuck him back on the bench so he can be a back rower where he belongs and then bring back Elgey/debut Brimson.

I don’t see the Titan’s current state of play as a complete disaster BT but rather circumstantial and definitely doesn’t rest at the feet of Cartwright (see that Ozynorts).
I believe the major factor is that Peats has become such an integral player in this team that we are really starting to capitulate in his prolonged absence. A bit like the Drongoes without Mccullough (only worse) but the big difference is we don’t really have the cattle/class to counterbalance his loss and even to the point I recon Atay’s current woes are a direct complication.

Brennan is now caught where he is damned if he does and damned if he don’t so he might as well run the gauntlet and hope the hell Cartwright pays his dues (in saying that it doesn’t faze me to much if he’s punted).

Also, hopefully Brennan takes confidence from Fotuaika’s debut and throws Brimson on the bench where he could inject him after the initial onslaught (no one gives us any chance against the Storm regardless)

Anyways, these are just my thoughts but one thing is for sure and that is this week’s team sheet should be a highly anticipated one.

BundyTitan
07-05-18, 03:49 PM
I don’t see the Titan’s current state of play as a complete disaster BT but rather circumstantial and definitely doesn’t rest at the feet of Cartwright (see that Ozynorts).
I believe the major factor is that Peats has become such an integral player in this team that we are really starting to capitulate in his prolonged absence. A bit like the Drongoes without Mccullough (only worse) but the big difference is we don’t really have the cattle/class to counterbalance his loss and even to the point I recon Atay’s current woes are a direct complication.

Brennan is now caught where he is damned if he does and damned if he don’t so he might as well run the gauntlet and hope the hell Cartwright pays his dues (in saying that it doesn’t faze me to much if he’s punted).

Also, hopefully Brennan takes confidence from Fotuaika’s debut and throws Brimson on the bench where he could inject him after the initial onslaught (no one gives us any chance against the Storm regardless)

Anyways, these are just my thoughts but one thing is for sure and that is this week’s team sheet should be a highly anticipated one.

I just don't think he deserves another shot and I disagree, while Peats is a big loss a lot of the woes have come from Carty playing 5/8. Ash has struggled the past 2-3 weeks while Cartwright has been at 6 because Carty honestly looks like he is in first gear the whole game. Runs Nate Myles like and doesn't look dangerous with the ball. He even said himself that he does not want to play in the halves, and he's not suited to it. We need a proper 5/8 in the role and at the moment Elgey is the best we have or Brimson may even deserve a shot. Cartwright is a backrower and should be used off the bench. He misses too many tackles and lacks ball playing ability that we need in a #6.

Titanic
07-05-18, 04:00 PM
Cartwright is the luckiest bloke because if he didn’t get the lifeline here he wouldn’t be playing NRL anywhere else. He should be grateful instead of wandering around looking like a spanked ar$e.

rj62
07-05-18, 04:53 PM
Take a look at metres run for our halves compared to other halves.

Our guys just will not take the line on, others can’t wait and the results speak for themselves.

Mr Bods
07-05-18, 05:10 PM
Take a look at metres run for our halves compared to other halves.

Our guys just will not take the line on, others can’t wait and the results speak for themselves.

Coach’s just like Teachers or Trainers are meant to improve and make our players better footballers.
I’m seeing a lot of blokes going backwards this year under Brennan and his coaching staff.
In 4 out of 9 games we haven’t been motivated and put in a required effort.
The two losses that I thought were acceptable were NZ and Cronulla.
In the other 4 losses we were blown away by halftime
This is crap.

I don’t think changes matter much currently. What matters is seeing an effort that makes us proud and a defensive system that’s effective.

RavShamrock
07-05-18, 05:12 PM
I just don't think he deserves another shot and I disagree, while Peats is a big loss a lot of the woes have come from Carty playing 5/8. Ash has struggled the past 2-3 weeks while Cartwright has been at 6 because Carty honestly looks like he is in first gear the whole game. Runs Nate Myles like and doesn't look dangerous with the ball. He even said himself that he does not want to play in the halves, and he's not suited to it. We need a proper 5/8 in the role and at the moment Elgey is the best we have or Brimson may even deserve a shot. Cartwright is a backrower and should be used off the bench. He misses too many tackles and lacks ball playing ability that we need in a #6.

No worries BT.
I wish he tackled like Myles

RavShamrock
07-05-18, 05:54 PM
Well Bods, history shows we seem to grow an extra leg when no body gives us a chance.

It was well reported earlier in the season that the boys were a happy group so if this is still the case then anything is possible.

Dooldog76
07-05-18, 06:04 PM
Kelly was let go by the previous coach with a year left on his contract with us because he was considered not good enough!

My god the coaching staff makes some poor calls. I remember on this forum only a year or two everyone discussing how many up and coming backs we had.....

Mexican titan
07-05-18, 06:50 PM
Well Bods, history shows we seem to grow an extra leg when no body gives us a chance.

It was well reported earlier in the season that the boys were a happy group so if this is still the case then anything is possible.

So your point here is what, RVS.
That we might win one game when no one gives a chance and the world will be all roses again? Not me I'm afraid - I want to see consistent performance, blokes playing as if they care every week, and frequent wins. As Bods says, many of the performances this year have simply been unacceptable, and one win against the odds means F.A.

RavShamrock
07-05-18, 08:00 PM
That all might be true but i’ll take the win at this point regardless.

I’m predicting Arrow will miss this week and as you know he’s been one of our shinning lights thus far so that is just compounding the psyche of the mood at the moment.

Maybe I’m just an optimist as I don’t see despair in our current situation (and yes I know we are 3 & 6).

I’m so over the preceding years where things always seemed same old same old rhetoric with conservative team selections and no real plan for future success. Mainly decisions made as to not upset the status quo and everyone keeps their jobs bullsh!t.

From where I sit this coach is putting his “ass on the line” and having a real dig by changing things up with the intent of improving the Titan’s long standing status quo. Whether he’s good enough to achieve this or not only time will tell but I’m happy with the new direction.

The truth just might be that we have to go backwards to move forwards?

Just venting some frustration cheers Mt.

rj62
07-05-18, 08:37 PM
So your point here is what, RVS.
That we might win one game when no one gives a chance and the world will be all roses again? Not me I'm afraid - I want to see consistent performance, blokes playing as if they care every week, and frequent wins. As Bods says, many of the performances this year have simply been unacceptable, and one win against the odds means F.A.

I’m looking for exactly the same.

RavShamrock
08-05-18, 08:25 AM
Gee I'd love to see Peats named somewhere on the team sheet for a potential early return.

BundyTitan
08-05-18, 09:37 AM
Hearing Titans young gun AJ Brimson in line for NRL debut this week. Bryce Cartwright faces being benched again. #nrl @cmail_sport

From Travis Meyn. Tough gig debuting against the Storm but give the kid a go, he may shock everyone.

JunctionBlock
08-05-18, 09:41 AM
Baptism of fire. At least we won't die guessing with this coach.

rj62
08-05-18, 09:43 AM
Baptism of fire. At least we won't die guessing with this coach.

Nothing to lose - get him in there early I say .

I honestly feel Cartwright needs some help off field. I certainly hope he has support there in need.

BundyTitan
08-05-18, 09:56 AM
Agree, nothing to lose and he has shown his worth in QCUP playing against men. Get him in there and give him a shot, he can't be any worse than Carty at the moment. This is the last option Garth has so fingers crossed AJ kills it. I'll back him to have a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Also while he is likely being groomed as a FB long term (and he probably plays better footy there), a stint at 5/8 won't hurt. He's played there before and it will give him NRL experience ahead of next year.

rj62
08-05-18, 10:21 AM
Agree, nothing to lose and he has shown his worth in QCUP playing against men. Get him in there and give him a shot, he can't be any worse than Carty at the moment. This is the last option Garth has so fingers crossed AJ kills it. I'll back him to have a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Also while he is likely being groomed as a FB long term (and he probably plays better footy there), a stint at 5/8 won't hurt. He's played there before and it will give him NRL experience ahead of next year.

Yep let’s get him in at 5/8 to start and look at fullback down the track in need.

RavShamrock
08-05-18, 11:03 AM
I know I’ll be the lone wolf on this but I think Brennan should stick with Cartwright to start at 6 and have Brinsom coming off the bench. I know no one what’s to hear it but I think that’s would work best for all involved. Starting the other way around could be a disaster waiting to happen if things don’t go according to plan and if Brinsom finds himself in a storm there is no scope to counteract. At least if Cartwright can’t get himself of the canvass enter Brinsom

Dobes
08-05-18, 11:09 AM
I know I’ll be the lone wolf on this but I think Brennan should stick with Cartwright to start at 6 and have Brinsom coming off the bench. I know no one what’s to hear it but I think that’s would work best for all involved. Starting the other way around could be a disaster waiting to happen if things don’t go according to plan and if Brinsom finds himself in a storm there is no scope to counteract. At least if Cartwright can’t get himself of the canvass enter Brinsom

I see what you're saying mate but if we do that I think we'd be better off bringing Elgey back to start and have Brimson on the bench. Keep Bryce on the bench too but as a back rower. Perhaps once Rein gets tired at hooker, move Elgey over there and bring Brimson on? I'm not sure if Elgeys played much dummy half though.

rj62
08-05-18, 11:16 AM
I see what you're saying mate but if we do that I think we'd be better off bringing Elgey back to start and have Brimson on the bench. Keep Bryce on the bench too but as a back rower. Perhaps once Rein gets tired at hooker, move Elgey over there and bring Brimson on? I'm not sure if Elgeys played much dummy half though.

Fair call though ....

Dobes
08-05-18, 11:21 AM
1. Michael Gordon
2. Anthony Don
3. Dale Copley (if fit) or Brendan Elliot
4. Brendan Elliot or Brenko Lee
5. Phillip Sami
6. Kane Elgey
7. Ash Taylor
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Mitch Rein
10. Ryan James
11. Will Matthews
12. Keegan Hipgrave
13. Jai Arrow

14. Alex Brimson
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. Jack Stockwell
17. Moeaki Fotuaika

Proctor really hasn't impressed me much over the past few weeks and I think it's about time we give Hipgrave a starting spot because he's been ripping in. I know I may sound like a broken record here but Hurrell needs to be dropped. No two ways about it. I know Garth tries to justify it a bit by saying 'well he wears his heart on his sleeve' and 'he's his own harshest critic', but that's not really relevant and if that's the case, then he should know better than everyone that he should drop down to QCUP to fix his game.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair call though ....

Cheers mate. I honestly reckon that's the most logical way to go about it, especially against the Storm. We need to try and make it as easy for Brimson as we can.

rj62
08-05-18, 11:29 AM
Yeah I find it funny that people are wary of throwing AJ in but on the other hand are baying for Ponga to go to origin after a handful of games. They are both young and full of confidence and as it is with Ponga give him a shot and see where it takes him and us.

Totally agree re Hipgrave, I’d like 3 of him to be honest. He really has some fire in him - a welcome sight.

JunctionBlock
08-05-18, 11:38 AM
I'd personally be resting Arrow this week. No use flogging the bloke. Give him a week. Let another fringe player make their case for being chosen.

Anyone think Hurrell will honestly be dropped? I mean, I hope he regains his form but not at the expense of the Titans. As someone pointed out in the Canberra thread, teammates are hesitant to pass to him now.

Titanic
08-05-18, 12:55 PM
Cartwright needs to be playing off the bench and on the right edge, not the left ... that's where I feel he did his best work at Penrith. Taylor needs to be told that Proctor gets one flat short ball each half and no more. Elgey should reclaim his spot. Hurrell needs to get a haircut and have a run in QCup. Brimson on the bench with Copley, Elliott and/or Lee filling out the backline. Sami can feel lucky for one more week.

NZFan
08-05-18, 01:57 PM
He does favour that right hand flick Titanic which you would think would better suit the right edge.

I'd personally like to see Brimson come off the bench in the second half because I don't think this week will be pretty. Also if Elgey is going alright (assuming he's playing - which is a big assumption with Garth's stupidity he's shown so far), then he could have a run at fullback for 20 min and Gordon could shift to a wing which would ease him into first grade a lot better than throwing him in the deep end at 6. By all reports he's much more suited to fullback anyway (which includes his current coach).

On a different note, can anyone on here tell me what exactly Don does to warrant his selection every week? Every carry he does he goes sideways and never looks like breaking the line at all. Yes, Sami is very similar in that regard but at least he keeps pumping his legs and gets a couple of extra metres. He also goes looking for a lot more work but seems to cop all the criticism aimed at our outside backs

Mr Bods
08-05-18, 02:49 PM
I wonder if we might see
Brimson FB
Gordon wing
LG 5/8
CartWrong middle forward reserve

I’d like to have a crack at naming a 17 but it’s hard to figure who’s available there are question marks over Arrow, Wallace, Simpkins, Hipgrave, Boyle, Peats, Copley to name a few.

Dooldog76
08-05-18, 02:58 PM
Getting close now. I can’t wait to see what Brennan does. Hopefully carty to the bench, and lee in the centers.

timor 2
08-05-18, 03:04 PM
Melbourne Storm v Gold Coast Titans, Saturday 5.30pm at Suncorp Stadium

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Dale Copley, 4 Brenko Lee, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 AJ Brimson, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Max King, 9 Mitch Rein, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Will Matthews, 13 Jarrod Wallace

Interchange: 14 Bryce Cartwright, 15 Keegan Hipgrave, 16 Jack Stockwell, 17 Moeaki Fotuaika

Reserves: 18 Leilani Latu, 19 Konrad Hurrell, 20 Nathan Peats, 21 Kane Elgey

Coach Garth Brennan has lost patience with last week's underperforming team and rung a host of changes. Bryce Cartwright has been dropped from five-eighth to the bench with AJ Brimson coming in for a debut. Centres Konrad Hurrell and Brendan Elliott are both out, replaced by Dale Copley (coming back from a hamstring injury) and Brenko Lee. Jai Arrow (ribs) is out with Jarrod Wallace moving to lock, Ryan James shifting back to the front row and Will Matthews (concussion) returning in the second row. Ryan Simpkins (neck) drops off the bench. Nathan Peats (ribs) features in the reserves list as he edges towards a return.

Storm: 1 Billy Slater, 2 Suliasi Vunivalu, 3 Will Chambers, 4 Curtis Scott, 5 Josh Addo-Carr, 6 Cameron Munster, 7 Ryley Jacks, 8 Christian Welch, 9 Cameron Smith (c), 10 Nelson Asofa-Solomona, 11 Felise Kaufusi, 12 Ryan Hoffman, 13 Dale Finucane

Interchange: 14 Brandon Smith, 15 Kenny Bromwich, 16 Joe Stimson, 17 Sam Kasiano

Reserves: 18 Brodie Croft, 19 Tui Kamikamica, 20 Patrick Kaufusi, 21 Justin Olam

Centre Curtis Scott (ankle) has been named to return in place of last week's debutant Justin Olam. Dale Finucane starts at lock with Kenny Bromwich reverting to the bench.

Mr Bods
08-05-18, 03:05 PM
Hurrell dropped!
Elliot dropped
Arrow rested
Copley Back
Brimson 5/8
4 forwards on the bench
James back to prop

So many talking points

rj62
08-05-18, 03:06 PM
Brimson and Lee in

- - - Updated - - -

Hurrell dropped!
Elliot dropped
Arrow rested
Copley Back
Brimson 5/8
4 forwards on the bench
James back to prop

So many talking points

Coach taking action - refreshing !

RavShamrock
08-05-18, 03:12 PM
Hurrell dropped!
Elliot dropped
Arrow rested
Copley Back
Brimson 5/8
4 forwards on the bench
James back to prop

So many talking points

You missed missed Peats into reserves

Mr Bods
08-05-18, 03:21 PM
You missed missed Peats into reserves

I only take note of 1-17. 18-21 is meaningless.

ozynorts
08-05-18, 03:23 PM
Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Dale Copley, 4 Brenko Lee, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 AJ Brimson, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Max King, 9 Mitch Rein, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Will Matthews, 13 Jarrod Wallace

Interchange: 14 Bryce Cartwright, 15 Keegan Hipgrave, 16 Jack Stockwell, 17 Moeaki Fotuaika

Reserves: 18 Leilani Latu, 19 Konrad Hurrell, 20 Nathan Peats, 21 Kane Elgey

Coach Garth Brennan has wielded the axe. Bryce Cartwright has been dropped to the bench with AJ Brimson to debut at five-eighth. Centres Konrad Hurrell and Brendan Elliott are both out, replaced by Dale Copley (hamstring) and Brenko Lee. Jai Arrow (ribs) misses out. Jarrod Wallace moves to lock, Ryan James moves to prop and Will Matthews (concussion) returns in the back row. Ryan Simpkins (neck) drops off the bench. Nathan Peats (ribs) is a chance of returning after being named on the extended bench.

So Brennan has taken the axe to Hurrell, about time, and Cartwright is back to the bench. That is a good start.

RavShamrock
08-05-18, 03:26 PM

I'm hoping it gives him the time to recover actually. Maybe wishful thinking but here's hoping.

I tell ya what Brennan isn't going to die wondering he is having a fair dinkum crack!

Mr Bods
08-05-18, 03:33 PM
Does anyone know which QCup team Hurrell is aligned to?

BundyTitan
08-05-18, 03:33 PM
Ah how good is it to have a coach that takes action, knows he stuffed up with Cartwright and he obviously didn't ignore Hurrell's poor form. Keen to see Brimson and Lee debut this weekend, put in fellas.

Dooldog76
08-05-18, 03:46 PM
I’m pretty happy with this lineup. Having a crack at changing things up. Dropping a fan favourite like Hurrell is a big call, but his form warranted it. Can’t wait to see Brimson have a crack.

rj62
08-05-18, 03:47 PM

Agreed

- - - Updated - - -

Ah how good is it to have a coach that takes action, knows he stuffed up with Cartwright and he obviously didn't ignore Hurrell's poor form. Keen to see Brimson and Lee debut this weekend, put in fellas.

It’s bloody brilliant

JunctionBlock
08-05-18, 03:49 PM
Like I said, we won't die wondering with Brennan at the helm. Huge changes. Bit perplexed by elliot being dropped but I'm guessing he went with speed to cover the Melbourne backline.

Will Matthews is back but he's going to have to be careful with the amount of concussions he's had this year. Reminds me of Greenwood in his first year (concussions not ability).

Hopefully the dropped players find form in the lower grades and not injuries.

BundyTitan
08-05-18, 03:58 PM
Think Lee will add a lot of spark to that right side, he was great attacking wise with the Bulldogs and at one stage I think he was almost leading try assists for centres. Don't know how he will go in defence but fingers crossed he aims up. We will miss Arrow but hopefully the already hard working forwards can step it up another notch. Melbourne will be testing us through the middle, like last year, with inside balls to Slater and Addo-Carr slicing through the middle. And this is a massive ask for Brimson to debut against the Storm, there isn't a more difficult team to face in your first ever top grade game. But I reckon he will handle it, looking forward to seeing his speed and agility against tiring forwards and out on the edge. Hope he kills it.

I think our attack will definitely be improved this game and we certainly have more strike there, however I am still very concerned about our defence especially against Melbourne. Just want to see some improvement and some bloody heart shown by the WHOLE TEAM and not just guys like King, Gordon, Hipgrave and Wallace. Hoping this game isn't a bloodbath.

Dobes
08-05-18, 04:01 PM
Garth has made some really welcoming changes to the team. Really happy with it. Only thing i'd probably do now is keep a bit of an eye on Sami because he seems to have been missing a bit since the Broncos game imo. I think if he underperforms this week, put Brendan Elliot on that wing next week.

Also, assuming Peats is cleared to return this week (which I doubt), who makes way for him? I think you've got to drop Cartwright. Those other players are in really good form at the moment and always put in 110% every time they step out.

Mr Bods
08-05-18, 04:07 PM
Garth has made some really welcoming changes to the team. Really happy with it. Only thing i'd probably do now is keep a bit of an eye on Sami because he seems to have been missing a bit since the Broncos game imo. I think if he underperforms this week, put Brendan Elliot on that wing next week.

Also, assuming Peats is cleared to return this week (which I doubt), who makes way for him? I think you've got to drop Cartwright. Those other players are in really good form at the moment and always put in 110% every time they step out.

If Peats comes in then Cartwright plays QCup at Lock and attempts to implement the game Brennan wants from him in that position.
Thing is only Tweed Heads has a game this week not Burleigh and I don’t know who Cartwright and Hurrell are aligned with.

Just-a-Fan
08-05-18, 04:43 PM
I think King is better suited to lock then Wallace
Well I hope the million dollar baby get off his backside and start to show us what we are paying for
I havent seen anyone say much about his efforts I havent seen him own the team yet
But like all here Hurrell does need to get his x factor back so being dropped might just do it
I hope Lee does a good job then maybe put Don on notice as well
Feel a little bit sorry for Elliot as he did have to defend outside Cartwright but should of took his chance
Sami still the best winger on our side but need to step it up again
feel a little sorry for Brimson to have his first game against the Storm I would of had Elgey starting and bring him on for 10 or 15 min before half time and see how he handled it
Moeaki Fotuaika I would put in Mathews spot for the first 20min then bring in Mathews Moeaki seems to have a bit of pace and can bust the line could cause some trouble out a little wider
But thats just me go TITANS give us some pride back

gotitans101_
08-05-18, 04:56 PM
My only complaint is Cartwright still on the bench. Shouldn't be anywhere near first grade imo, if anything I'd rather Hurrell come off the bench and add some attacking spark.

RavShamrock
08-05-18, 05:04 PM
Brennan drops Hurrell, Cartwright, hands Brimson a debut
Author Neil Cadigan Timestamp Tue 8 May 2018, 04:01 PM

Four successive losses have prompted Garth Brennan to make his first team shake-up in his young Telstra Premiership coaching career, dropping his "favourite player" Konrad Hurrell and blooding 19-year-old five-eighth Alexander Brimson.

It is a big call for Brennan to throw Brimson into Saturday's double-header clash with Melbourne at Suncorp Stadium where he will oppose Storm star Cameron Munster. He becomes Ash Taylor's third halves partner this season behind Kane Elgey and Bryce Cartwright.

Brimson joins another teenager, 18-year-old prop Moeaki Fotuaika, who made a surprise debut in the front row off the bench against Canberra's monster pack last Saturday, in the top 17.

When asked whether pitching Brimson, who has been playing fullback for feeder team Tweed Heads Seagulls, into the cauldron of a double-header in Brisbane against a ruthless Storm side desperate to strike back after a 20-point loss to the Dragons, Brennan confessed: "In the NRL there is no easy week."

The reality is he had to act to end his team's slide. Cartwright, who has been named on the interchange bench against the Storm, has been hesitant in defence and lacking commitment to take the line on with the ball.

Brennan, who has been defending Cartwright's form and effort, admitted he had to lift his game when asked to respond to criticism from Fox Sports commentator Michael Ennis, who claimed Cartwright's defence was sub-standard and he was not taking on the line enough.

"I don't think it is unfair [Ennis' criticism]," said Brennan. "Mick is a great judge of a game and players and I don't think he is too far wrong.

"Bryce needs to step up, but I haven't helped him by playing him out of position. He did that [played five-eighth] for the team more so than his own personal goals and aspirations."

Hurrell again made crucial errors against the Raiders and with Dale Copley returning from injury and Brenko Lee match-fit after returning from a knee injury suffered in the trials, the hard call had to be made.

NSW hooker Nathan Peats has been chosen in the 21-man squad and will play if he can prove he is ready to return from a rib injury. Queensland Origin hopeful Jai Arrow has been rested because of a rib injury.

Brimson has been preferred to Elgey who played strongly when sent back to Tweed in the Intrust Super Cup but has had only one match with the Seagulls having a bye last weekend.

"It's a case that he gives me what I'm looking for," Brennan said of teenager Brimson. "He's a strong defender, quite solid in his build. And he's a runner, there's no doubt about that.

"It's not ideal. It's our third halves combination this year. I knew this year was a bit of trial to see what the best way for us was going forward.

"It's exciting. He's one of our local juniors and I've held him back but I thought it was time for him to go in there and see what he can do. He's excited and when I asked him if he thought he was ready he virtually said 'what took you so long'."

Brennan made the call to give the in-form Arrow a break after the middle forward left the field distress in Canberra and was taken to hospital for tests.

Lee has had three matches for Burleigh Bears since recovering from his knee injury. He becomes the 11th player to debut for the Titans in the first nine rounds behind Arrow, Cartwright, Brimson, Fotuaika, Michael Gordon, Mitch Rein, Will Matthews, Leilani Latu, Jack Stockwell and Brendan Elliot.
————————————————————————————————

Some interesting comments in there.
I'm thinking Peats will play which would be a huge advantage to Brimson on debut.

indoallstars
08-05-18, 05:14 PM
God can't wait to see how our debutants go

DavidBouveng
08-05-18, 06:49 PM

I think the 18-21 can be intriguing. Last week the 18-21 had our latest rookie prop in there who went on to have a great debut.

DavidBouveng
08-05-18, 07:05 PM
other thoughts on the team;

Wallace plays the same where ever he is, not sure on the change of Jersey. King has been the biggest improver and a real success story for our team after Arrow. Happy to see him starting.

I also didnt think Elliot had done much wrong. Defended pretty well on his side and wasnt the cause of many problems i didn't think. happy to go with the more attacking player in Lee, but will watch his noted suspect defence closely.

Happy for AJ. I think him on bench and Elgey at 6 was better, but good luck to the kid, hopefully he can make a go of it.

two major points to consider - large scale changes rarely work. even though it is all forced through injury and terrible form from some players, the instability almost makes it impossible for the guys like Ash to thrive, and rookies or debutant's aren't exactly coming into a team set up for them to succeed. Not much to be done about it....just a shame and we shouldn't expect miracles, just a few positives to cling to while we make the slow climb.

Secondly - I hope these changes are due to Garth's own conviction about form determining selection and not some sort of pressure. His Agreeing with Ennis comment on Cartwright is either very honest, and to be admired, or weakness and a warning sign. i don't believe Garth to be weak...he seems to be a man of values and conviction, just airing a concern

and if all seems lost - look to Mary Macgregor and his mighty dragons. He has built them over a couple of seasons, developing and shaping his squad along the way and they are the best coached side in the NRL now, but it takes time.

Hail Sezer
08-05-18, 07:06 PM
I think the 18-21 can be intriguing. Last week the 18-21 had our latest rookie prop in there who went on to have a great debut.

100%. Also indicates who is and isn’t on the fringe.

Not meaningless at all

Mr Bods
08-05-18, 07:29 PM

Not meaningless at all

I’ll only be discussing the 1-17. Too many permutations adding 18-21 to it.
I didn’t mean to create consternation by saying 18-21 is meaningless to me.
It’s been a quote that was removed from its context which was around Nathan Peats.
Amazing how things get twisted in text, I’m a bit stunned my 18-21 has become a discussion point.

Mexican titan
08-05-18, 07:43 PM

Not meaningless at all

Wasn't the 21 also brought in so clubs couldn't bring in someone out of the blue (which affected supporter confidence and also the gamblers as well. For example a team might be rank outsiders and people might snap up those odds and then later that team might add blokes to the team that were not expected to play). I thought that now, you cannot play a bloke outside of the named 21 unless there is some major reason for which approval has to be sought.
In relation to Peats being named Bodsie, it means he can play if he is fit enough. If he is not named and makes a good recovery, then it is tough luck.
I might be wrong with all of that.

RavShamrock
08-05-18, 08:02 PM
I’ll only be discussing the 1-17. Too many permutations adding 18-21 to it.
I didn’t mean to create consternation by saying 18-21 is meaningless to me.
It’s been a quote that was removed from its context which was around Nathan Peats.
Amazing how things get twisted in text, I’m a bit stunned my 18-21 has become a discussion point.

That's why I replied to your post Bods.
I think the reserves can supply a strategic element to the coaches.
Watch this space... (call Mccullock and get a few tips Peats)

ja4220
08-05-18, 08:15 PM
I personally am in two minds. As DB said wholesale changes rarely work. Obviously some were forced because of injury, some chosen because of form.
Congratulations to AJ on his NRL debut. My biggest concern is that both he and Ben Woolf commented on how he had struggled to guide the team and run the plays at 6 for Seagulls and that was why they dropped him back to 1.
I am hoping that was more just a reflection of the lack of training he was doing with the QCup squad than his actual ability to guide a team.
That said, it shouldn’t be his responsibility.
There was also a comment about the lack of commenting on Ash’s performances and I have to agree. People have been quick to blame Kane or Cartwright but Ash hasn’t exactly been a beacon of light. My personal take is that he is actually trying to do to much. Whether he doesn’t trust Kane or that he has taken the whole own the team too far, to the point where he is stifling the other half, and in the end the team.
I kind of feel there is a similar situation at the Cowboys where Thurston has come back in and taken over as the dominant half and Morgan has kind of lost his way (although they seemed to find a bit more balance this week)
Just my thoughts...

RavShamrock
08-05-18, 08:16 PM
Secondly - I hope these changes are due to Garth's own conviction about form determining selection and not some sort of pressure. His Agreeing with Ennis comment on Cartwright is either very honest, and to be admired, or weakness and a warning sign. i don't believe Garth to be weak...he seems to be a man of values and conviction, just airing a concern.

Nah! No problem I recon Garth is his own man and doing a pretty resilient job of it

Titanic
08-05-18, 08:40 PM
I think he selected this team to shut the Forum up ... love it :)

RavShamrock
08-05-18, 08:42 PM

:thumbsup:

rj62
08-05-18, 08:58 PM

Now there’s an oxymoron right there lol

gotitans101_
08-05-18, 09:29 PM
haha, ain't gonna shut me up till he's relegated back to QCup - just don't think he adds anything, even off the bench, to our squad in his current form.

DIEHARD
08-05-18, 10:50 PM

Hahaha. Let's see how we go coaching this weekend.

I'm happy with the side. Anxious to see how Brimson goes. It'll be a tough debut.

teke
08-05-18, 11:55 PM
Hahaha. Let's see how we go coaching this weekend.

I'm happy with the side. Anxious to see how Brimson goes. It'll be a tough debut.:laugh:

The worst match to debut

shamus
09-05-18, 05:12 AM
Atay plays boss, AJ falls in line (same as LG and to a lesser extent Cartwright) things go south, AJ dropped.

There's no doubt about that

ozynorts
09-05-18, 05:48 AM
haha, ain't gonna shut me up till he's relegated back to QCup - just don't think he adds anything, even off the bench, to our squad in his current form.

He played 1 minute of the bench in our best win of the year....... That says a lot to me..

RavShamrock
09-05-18, 10:25 AM
Melbourne Storm v Gold Coast Titans, Saturday 5.30pm at Suncorp Stadium

Storm: Curtis Scott will be given until Friday to prove his fitness after missing last week's loss to the Dragons with an ankle injury. Justin Olam is on standby following a solid debut.

Titans: Nathan Peats (ribs) will play if he can get through the training week with no complaints. Titans coach Garth Brennan noted on Tuesday Konrad Hurrell (confidence) and Jai Arrow (back/ribs) had been rested.

rj62
09-05-18, 10:29 AM
Atay plays boss, AJ falls in line (same as LG and to a lesser extent Cartwright) things go south, AJ dropped.

There's no doubt about that

Can we not write him off without him taking the field? After all these are the changes most here were after.
Let’s see how it pans out before taking the glass half empty approach.

While a debut against this team will be tough, I don’t think there’s an easy team to debut against.

I’m excited for the changes and look forward to watching if he can also ignite Ash’s running game.

Detwelve12
09-05-18, 10:45 AM
I have cash on this game. Really good odds for us to win. I know we are missing Jai, however its probably the strongest backline we have fielded this year. I think we can come up with an upset.

shamus
09-05-18, 11:34 AM
Can we not write him off without him taking the field? After all these are the changes most here were after.
Let’s see how it pans out before taking the glass half empty approach.

While a debut against this team will be tough, I don’t think there’s an easy team to debut against.

I’m excited for the changes and look forward to watching if he can also ignite Ash’s running game.

It was said (half) tongue in cheek. Ash has been told to take control and be a leader, makes it hard for the 6 to be decisive. As for the 'There's no doubt about that' it is Brennan's favourite saying. He has another but I will save that for another post.

As for AJ, I absolutely hopes he creams it.

Mexican titan
09-05-18, 02:16 PM
I have cash on this game.

I wish you had given it to me or just burnt it. Either would give you more satisfaction.

Toads
09-05-18, 07:36 PM
Mal Meninga column: Bryce Cartwright’s attitude is just the tip of the iceberg at the struggling Titans

May 09, 2018

BRYCE Cartwright is not the only Gold Coast Titan who needs to toughen up.

Cartwright has been a lightning rod for criticism in the past few weeks, and I have to say there has not been a lot of it that I felt was unwarranted.

Cartwright clearly has a problem with attitude. A player with all of his attributes – which includes a 193cm, 107kg frame – should not be producing the type of performances he has dished up this year.

The Titans’ problem though is that Cartwright is far from the only bad apple in the Gold Coast barrel.

The Titans’ performance against the Raiders last weekend was beyond poor.

The scoreboard may not have been embarrassing, but missing 44 tackles in a game certainly was.

How many times do we say that defence is an attitude? The reason we say it so many times is that it is true.

Cartwright missed a lot of tackles last weekend, but he didn’t miss 44 of them.

Some of the senior players at the Titans would have been very happy to see Cartwright targeted as the scapegoat for that performance, because it kept the spotlight off themselves.

Yes, there were some factors that counted against them. Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace, probably their two best forwards, were both gone through injury by the 18-minute mark.

But the fact the Titans’ best forward against the Raiders was an 18-year-old kid making his first grade debut off the interchange bench should make the rest of the Gold Coast pack hang their heads in shame.

In 41 minutes on the field in his first game in the NRL, Moeaki Fotuaika had 12 runs for 105m, made 21 tackles with only two misses, made one tackle bust, one offload and registered one try assist and one linebreak assist.

Fotuaika’s performance was exactly what the Titans needed – an injection of determination and enthusiasm.

It is the same reason I think bringing AJ Brimson in at five-eighth is the right move. The kid is coming in with a lot of wraps, but he doesn’t need to be the star.

All he needs to do is bring the energy and enthusiasm he has shown with Tweed Heads this season and he will be a standout for the Titans.

The rest of the Titans squad should frankly be embarrassed that their coach is relying on two rookies to show the rest of them how it is done.

The most frustrating thing about the Titans is that we have seen at times this season how good they can be.

Their never-say-die win against the Raiders in Round 1 should have been the foundation of their season, but was wasted.

Their skill and determination at beating Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium was a major leap forward, subsequently erased by four timid steps back.

Brisbane have performed poorly at times this season but the Broncos are never out of a match.

Wayne Bennett makes sure that pride in the jersey and respect for their teammates mean that Brisbane never stop fighting, even when they are struggling for form.

The Cowboys last weekend also showed that they have the mental toughness to keep believing in what they are doing, even when their confidence is down in the middle of a form slump.

They knew if they just went out and ran hard and tackled well, things would eventually fall their way. Against Penrith, they did just that.

The Titans face the Storm on Saturday night and need to make a decision about what they stand for because this season is starting to pass them by.

That is critical, not because of the implications for the finals, but for the future of a club that is trying to rebuild after hitting rock bottom.

It is unfair for the Titans to keep asking their fans to make the effort and keep believing when the players can’t be bothered doing it themselves.

Source: couriermail.com.au (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/titans/mal-meninga-column-bryce-cartwrights-attitude-is-just-the-tip-of-the-iceberg-at-the-struggling-titans/news-story/f8450c21027e97214b57d6f81e4e208b)

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't know where to bung this, but it seems a fair slap down by Mal. Especially the last paragraph.

Mr Bods
09-05-18, 07:39 PM
^^^ I welcome Fair commentary like that about our onfield efforts by the likes of Tallis/Ennis/Meninga. It’s the grimy sleazy smear articles by the likes of Badel that I find beyond the pale.

rj62
09-05-18, 09:03 PM
It was said (half) tongue in cheek. Ash has been told to take control and be a leader, makes it hard for the 6 to be decisive. As for the 'There's no doubt about that' it is Brennan's favourite saying. He has another but I will save that for another post.

As for AJ, I absolutely hopes he creams it.

Menoitios
10-05-18, 06:03 AM
Mal Meninga column: Bryce Cartwright’s attitude is just the tip of the iceberg at the struggling Titans

May 09, 2018

BRYCE Cartwright is not the only Gold Coast Titan who needs to toughen up.

Cartwright has been a lightning rod for criticism in the past few weeks, and I have to say there has not been a lot of it that I felt was unwarranted.

Cartwright clearly has a problem with attitude. A player with all of his attributes – which includes a 193cm, 107kg frame – should not be producing the type of performances he has dished up this year.

The Titans’ problem though is that Cartwright is far from the only bad apple in the Gold Coast barrel.

The Titans’ performance against the Raiders last weekend was beyond poor.

The scoreboard may not have been embarrassing, but missing 44 tackles in a game certainly was.

How many times do we say that defence is an attitude? The reason we say it so many times is that it is true.

Cartwright missed a lot of tackles last weekend, but he didn’t miss 44 of them.

Some of the senior players at the Titans would have been very happy to see Cartwright targeted as the scapegoat for that performance, because it kept the spotlight off themselves.

Yes, there were some factors that counted against them. Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace, probably their two best forwards, were both gone through injury by the 18-minute mark.

But the fact the Titans’ best forward against the Raiders was an 18-year-old kid making his first grade debut off the interchange bench should make the rest of the Gold Coast pack hang their heads in shame.

In 41 minutes on the field in his first game in the NRL, Moeaki Fotuaika had 12 runs for 105m, made 21 tackles with only two misses, made one tackle bust, one offload and registered one try assist and one linebreak assist.

Fotuaika’s performance was exactly what the Titans needed – an injection of determination and enthusiasm.

It is the same reason I think bringing AJ Brimson in at five-eighth is the right move. The kid is coming in with a lot of wraps, but he doesn’t need to be the star.

All he needs to do is bring the energy and enthusiasm he has shown with Tweed Heads this season and he will be a standout for the Titans.

The rest of the Titans squad should frankly be embarrassed that their coach is relying on two rookies to show the rest of them how it is done.

The most frustrating thing about the Titans is that we have seen at times this season how good they can be.

Their never-say-die win against the Raiders in Round 1 should have been the foundation of their season, but was wasted.

Their skill and determination at beating Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium was a major leap forward, subsequently erased by four timid steps back.

Brisbane have performed poorly at times this season but the Broncos are never out of a match.

Wayne Bennett makes sure that pride in the jersey and respect for their teammates mean that Brisbane never stop fighting, even when they are struggling for form.

The Cowboys last weekend also showed that they have the mental toughness to keep believing in what they are doing, even when their confidence is down in the middle of a form slump.

They knew if they just went out and ran hard and tackled well, things would eventually fall their way. Against Penrith, they did just that.

The Titans face the Storm on Saturday night and need to make a decision about what they stand for because this season is starting to pass them by.

That is critical, not because of the implications for the finals, but for the future of a club that is trying to rebuild after hitting rock bottom.

It is unfair for the Titans to keep asking their fans to make the effort and keep believing when the players can’t be bothered doing it themselves.

Source: couriermail.com.au (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/titans/mal-meninga-column-bryce-cartwrights-attitude-is-just-the-tip-of-the-iceberg-at-the-struggling-titans/news-story/f8450c21027e97214b57d6f81e4e208b)

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't know where to bung this, but it seems a fair slap down by Mal. Especially the last paragraph.

Absolutely nailed it, Mal!! I could not agree more. I hope it has an impact. :clap:

JunctionBlock
10-05-18, 08:25 AM
Absolutely nailed it, Mal!! I could not agree more. I hope it has an impact. :clap:

I think where it says "Wayne Bennett makes sure that pride in the jersey and respect for their teammates mean that Brisbane never stop fighting, even when they are struggling for form." I think he meant to say, the refs ensure that the Broncos are never out of the game by giving them penalties to ensure they don't lose touch. Dean Pay and Ivan Cleary know the feeling.

Toads
10-05-18, 08:50 AM
Yeah, I tend to think Mal lost his way with that comment about the old fossil instilling pride in the jersey. You only have to watch the snippets in the news each night to see the lack of connection between him and the players, this year especially.

As for the Refs/NRL, they gotta try and keep the Donkey's in the top 8. Otherwise their largest membership base will desert them in droves.

Menoitios
10-05-18, 01:01 PM
To tell the truth, I couldn't care less what Mal says about the broncos. It's what he said about us that I agree with. It seems obvious that unless a teams forwards dominate this year (as in the previous) your halves and backs are pretty much stunted.

All of our forwards have been average this year with the exception of Arrow. I hope we turn that around this week. I don't like the excuse of age/experience being used. Arrow and Fotuaika have proved it's all about energy and enthusiasm. I'd love to see King take a leaf out of Arrow's book. He's good, but he can still improve!

I don't like coaches that like to blame refs for losses. It seeps into the subconscious of the players and they start to develop that victim mentality. I like coaches that wear a loss (even robbery) on the chin. State it calmly so everyone knows you're aware of it, then move forward. Nothing worse than a wimpy, whiny coach hiding under a cloak of outrage. Tell the players to work harder on the field and then deal with the refs privately during the week.

JMO. It doesn't mean much.

Titanic
10-05-18, 02:27 PM
I'm with you Meno. I'd add Sami and Don on to the others already named and shamed. It's permeating throughout the whole team and when players like Cartwright and Hurrell continually get away with it then the others just follow along. Hopefully this week they can re-ignite ... lol ... they couldn't spark with 10,000 volts through them at the moment ... but one can always hope. In fact I'm looking forward to this game very much.

Menoitios
10-05-18, 06:44 PM
I'm with you Meno. I'd add Sami and Don on to the others already named and shamed. It's permeating throughout the whole team and when players like Cartwright and Hurrell continually get away with it then the others just follow along. Hopefully this week they can re-ignite ... lol ... they couldn't spark with 10,000 volts through them at the moment ... but one can always hope. In fact I'm looking forward to this game very much.

You know what? I'm actually really looking forward to this game as well! It's got that backs to the wall, all or nothing feel to it.

I hope we smash those purple maggots this week!! I'd like to see Fotuaika hit Asofa-Solomona that hard that it jolts a turd as long as a hoe handle out of him!! I'd also like to see AJ run rings around Munster.

Gordon to score a double this week!!

GCTTSD
10-05-18, 06:46 PM
Cartwright to Ennis: Lay off my nephewMAY 07, 2018

FORMER Gold Coast Titans coach and Kangaroos forward John Cartwright has fired back at critics of his nephew, Gold Coast star Bryce — and Michael Ennis is the prime target.

Bryce moved from Penrith to the Gold Coast on a big-money deal earlier this year but the utility has struggled to make any impact, prompting retired Sharks premiership-winner Ennis to claim on Fox Sports this week that he was “taking the piss” out of the Titans.

But John has had enough of the critics.

JOHNS ON PONGA: Witness the berth of a superstar

CRUCIAL: Mansour makes a mountain of sense

John Cartwright has defended criticism of his nephew Bryce. Picture: Brett Costello

“You fight one of us, you fight the lot of us,” said Cartwright, whose brother David is Bryce’s father.

“All these blokes having a dig at Bryce when he’s down – he’s getting kicked left, right and centre. I thought what Ennis said was quite personal.

“Leave the personal **** aside.

“For someone to sit there behind a microphone and say that he’s taking the piss and not trying, basically saying he’s not having a go, I certainly take issue with that.

WATCH ENNIS’ SPRAY BELOW

“He (Ennis) said he’s taking the piss out of the club by accepting money. That’s what he said.”

Cartwright said Ennis should contact Bryce and offer constructive criticism rather than condemn him from a television studio.

“I’ve got a lot of respect for Michael Ennis – he was one of the best competitors I’ve ever seen play the game. But I’m sure there were periods of his career where he felt a bit down and maybe not performing his best,” Cartwright said.

Ennis unloaded on Cartwright. Picture: Brett Costello

“I think he carries enough respect to get Bryce’s number and give him a call and tell him where he thinks Bryce can be better. Ennis would get a lot more accolades from everyone in the game if that’s how he approached it.

“Bryce certainly doesn’t deserve blokes taking personal potshots at him. He is a good kid trying his best and trying to give his best for the Gold Coast, that’s a fact.”

Ennis went hard on Bryce this week when questioned about the form of Gold Coast’s major off-season purchase.

Cartwright has come under fire for his on field performances for the Titans.

“Phil Gould doesn’t let really good players go,” Ennis said. “Now he let him go over the summer for compassionate reasons and (Titans coach) Garth Brennan took Bryce Cartwright on the sheer fact that he delivered for him and he’d had a good relationship with him in the NSW Cup.

“Bryce is letting his coach down. There’s no two ways about it. He’s given him a lifeline and he’s taking the piss up there, Bryce. No two ways about it.

“He needs to show that he wants to be an NRL player, he’s nowhere near NRL standard. Well Bryce Cartwright’s defence is atrocious. I can’t say it in any other manner.”

John agreed Bryce’s form had been modest this season.

“I know he’s not playing well, so does the bloke in the street. But none of these blokes (critics) go down to training and watch him train. He is down on confidence but they don’t know the effort that he’s putting in,” John said.

“He is a 23-year-old kid – he has best years in front of him. He is going to get back to where he was and he has to take the good with the bad. I agree 100 percent about his form – Bryce’s form is down, like the rest of the team.

“But Bryce didn’t have much of an off-season at Penrith, training-wise. He went to the Titans just a week before their first game. In no way am I saying that’s playing out of his skin or anywhere near his best, and I’m sure he’d be the first bloke to admit that.”

Gold Coast halfback Ash Taylor also threw his support behind Cartwright.

Asked about Cartwright’s criticism, Taylor told Fox Sports’ NRL Tonight: “It doesn’t bother him at all. He just wants to get on with the job.

“He probably knows himself that it’s not been up to standard and Bryce is his harshest critic. I am sure he has been working hard at training this week and will continue to work hard to make sure his form is where it needs to be.”

LIVE stream every game of every round of the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership on FOX SPORTS. Get your free two-week Foxtel Now trial and start watching in minutes. SIGN UP NOW >

Originally published as

" style="color: rgb(68, 68, 67); font-family: "Adobe Garamond Pro", Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", "Droid Sans", "Helvetica Neue", "PingFang SC", "Hiragino Sans GB", "Droid Sans Fallback", "Microsoft YaHei", sans-serif, sans-serif; font-size: 22px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: common-ligatures; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;">

FORMER Gold Coast Titans coach and Kangaroos forward John Cartwright has fired back at critics of his nephew, Gold Coast star Bryce — and Michael Ennis is the prime target.

Bryce moved from Penrith to the Gold Coast on a big-money deal earlier this year but the utility has struggled to make any impact, prompting retired Sharks premiership-winner Ennis to claim on Fox Sports this week that he was “taking the piss” out of the Titans.

But John has had enough of the critics.

JOHNS ON PONGA:*Witness the berth of a superstar

CRUCIAL:*Mansour makes a mountain of sense

John Cartwright has defended criticism of his nephew Bryce. Picture: Brett Costello

“You fight one of us, you fight the lot of us,” said Cartwright, whose brother David is Bryce’s father.

“All these blokes having a dig at Bryce when he’s down – he’s getting kicked left, right and centre. I thought what Ennis said was quite personal.

“Leave the personal **** aside.

“For someone to sit there behind a microphone and say that he’s taking the piss and not trying, basically saying he’s not having a go, I certainly take issue with that.

WATCH ENNIS’ SPRAY BELOW

“He (Ennis) said he’s taking the piss out of the club by accepting money. That’s what he said.”

Cartwright said Ennis should contact Bryce and offer constructive criticism rather than condemn him from a television studio.

“I’ve got a lot of respect for Michael Ennis – he was one of the best competitors I’ve ever seen play the game. But I’m sure there were periods of his career where he felt a bit down and maybe not performing his best,” Cartwright said.

Ennis unloaded on Cartwright. Picture: Brett Costello

“I think he carries enough respect to get Bryce’s number and give him a call and tell him where he thinks Bryce can be better. Ennis would get a lot more accolades from everyone in the game if that’s how he approached it.

“Bryce certainly doesn’t deserve blokes taking personal potshots at him. He is a good kid trying his best and trying to give his best for the Gold Coast, that’s a fact.”

Ennis went hard on Bryce this week when questioned about the form of Gold Coast’s major off-season purchase.

Cartwright has come under fire for his on field performances for the Titans.

“Phil Gould doesn’t let really good players go,” Ennis said. “Now he let him go over the summer for compassionate reasons and (Titans coach) Garth Brennan took Bryce Cartwright on the sheer fact that he delivered for him and he’d had a good relationship with him in the NSW Cup.

“Bryce is letting his coach down. There’s no two ways about it. He’s given him a lifeline and he’s taking the piss up there, Bryce. No two ways about it.

“He needs to show that he wants to be an NRL player, he’s nowhere near NRL standard. Well Bryce Cartwright’s defence is atrocious. I can’t say it in any other manner.”

John agreed Bryce’s form had been modest this season.

“I know he’s not playing well, so does the bloke in the street. But none of these blokes (critics) go down to training and watch him train. He is down on confidence but they don’t know the effort that he’s putting in,” John said.

“He is a 23-year-old kid – he has best years in front of him. He is going to get back to where he was and he has to take the good with the bad. I agree 100 percent about his form – Bryce’s form is down, like the rest of the team.

“But Bryce didn’t have much of an off-season at Penrith, training-wise. He went to the Titans just a week before their first game. In no way am I saying that’s playing out of his skin or anywhere near his best, and I’m sure he’d be the first bloke to admit that.”

Gold Coast halfback Ash Taylor also threw his support behind Cartwright.

Asked about Cartwright’s criticism, Taylor told Fox Sports’ NRL Tonight: “It doesn’t bother him at all. He just wants to get on with the job.

“He probably knows himself that it’s not been up to standard and Bryce is his harshest critic. I am sure he has been working hard at training this week and will continue to work hard to make sure his form is where it needs to be.”

Titanic
10-05-18, 07:24 PM
Onya JC, lets all just toe the pc line and nothing is anybody’s fault. Ennis is refreshingly painful in his commentary.

Boonarga
10-05-18, 07:35 PM
Unlike John Cartwright to ignore poor form. Yes, Ennis could have contacted and offered advice but JC, you are a former Australian second rower. Grab the damn kid and talk some damn sense into him. At the moment he is all ability and no brain.

Toads
10-05-18, 07:50 PM
Phew, here's me thinking blunders like 7th tackle tries are not acceptable. Thanks for straightening me up with that one. Menotios.

Carry on Refs, you can do no wrong..

- - - Updated - - -

JC still living in his bubble, I see. It's bloody Round 10, John. You can't use the excuse that he didn't have much of a pre-season any longer.

Upthetits
10-05-18, 07:56 PM
I'd be more offended about the coal train comparison personally.

Mr Bods
10-05-18, 08:17 PM
Just watching the Footy tonight, maybe Wests will lose but it doesn’t matter....if our blokes would just apply themselves with the passion that the Wests players did then we would be going along just fine. Their effort and intensity is everything a fan can ask for....and then we have the slop that our blokes put up.

Mexican titan
10-05-18, 09:01 PM
Unlike John Cartwright to ignore poor form. Yes, Ennis could have contacted and offered advice but JC, you are a former Australian second rower. Grab the damn kid and talk some damn sense into him. At the moment he is all ability and no brain.

One of the reasons I watch Fox is that they have a few blokes that say it as it is. I'm sick of ex-players covering for their mates and not giving the opinions that they are paid to give. Channnel 9's cricket is even worse. Ennis was spot on. What a stupid suggestion from Cartwright that Ennis should have called Bryce. Is Bryce meant to take a call from every ex footballer that thinks he is playing sh1t at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Just watching the Footy tonight, maybe Wests will lose but it doesn’t matter....if our blokes would just apply themselves with the passion that the Wests players did then we would be going along just fine. Their effort and intensity is everything a fan can ask for....and then we have the slop that our blokes put up.

About half way through the second half I said exactly the same thing to the missus. Wests were doing everything with energy and passion and great to watch. Compare that to our slow motion plodders. The crowd at Cbus could also learn a few lessons from the Leichhardt mob as well about being loud and hammering the refs.

Dobes
10-05-18, 09:02 PM

How about Mahe Fonua? His energy is exactly we need out of our wingers. It's like they're doing the bare minimum in our games to get by at the moment. They need a lot more conviction.

DavidBouveng
10-05-18, 09:38 PM
Garth needs to show Koni a picture of Mahe Fonua and remind him that's his job for us.

JunctionBlock
11-05-18, 05:29 AM

THought the same. I also thought, where are all the "stars" in this team? No articles about offering big money to attrack certain players etc.

Look at the form of their defense. Everyone knows their role and never looked like a deer in the head lights. Yes their attack wasn't brilliant and they made some dumb errors but overall this is a team that we should aspire to be

BundyTitan
11-05-18, 03:59 PM
We need to go back to the working class, no big egos team attitude that we showed in 2016. Wests are displaying that now and are getting results with a team that definitely isn't stacked. At times this year it seems like the experienced guys in particular are slacking off in parts of the game when the going gets tough. Hopefully an injection of youth and new selections will change that this week.

DIEHARD
12-05-18, 12:00 PM
Ash Taylor exclusive column: Our Titans jersey explained, and my pride for Indigenous Round
by ASH TAYLOR
http://www.foxsports.com.au

THIS is one of my favourite weeks of the NRL season.

It’s the week I get to celebrate and showcase my culture, and the culture of Australia’s indigenous people to the rugby league world.

Indigenous round is such an important week for Aboriginal and indigenous people, and I’m glad the NRL dedicates an entire week of the season to it.

When I was a kid growing up one of my idols was Johnathan Thurston.

Not just for what he does on the footy field, but also the work he does off it, including with the indigenous communities.

Aboriginal players have such a big role in rugby league and it’s important we recognise and celebrate that.

It will be pretty special to run onto Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night wearing our indigenous round jersey.

The great man Preston Campbell designed our Gold Coast strip and he did a fantastic job.

It’s all about representing — representing our people, representing our families and where we come from, and representing the Titans.

On the front of the jersey Preston has drawn a meeting place, which symbolises all of us coming together.

That’s the first thing I see when I look at the jersey and I think that’s the message the design sends to people.

Every member of our team — the indigenous players and the players from other backgrounds — will be proud to wear that jersey on Saturday.

Injured Panthers young gun Nathan Cleary discusses his club’s health crisis. The Market Watch team also talk about Cleary’s Origin claims, the how the Bulldogs are in dire straits.

It’s guys like JT and Preston who have done so much good work in the game showcasing their culture, and I aspire to carry on their legacy.

It’s hard to get much time away from our club duties during the season, which is why it’s important to have weeks such as this.

The All Stars game was also an important concept to strengthen the relationship between rugby league and indigenous communities.

I’d love to see it return to the calendar one day, and I’d love to take the field representing the indigenous All Stars.

MY CONNECTION TO AJ BRIMSON

Young AJ Brimson comes into our side this week and will be my third halves partner for the season.

Titans fans should be pretty excited to see what this kid can do on Saturday night.

I’ve known AJ for a long time. I used to play touch football with his older brothers, and we go back a long way.

It’s good to see another local kid get a crack at the NRL, and now it’s up to AJ to take hold of that position and make it his own.

I can’t reveal too much, but I will say he will certainly bring a lot to the team.

He’s not a big guy but he’s super tough. He’s a left footer and has a nice kick, so no doubt we’ll be seeing a bit of that on Saturday.

Having that left boot on him also adds a dimension to our team.

Melbourne is a tough side to make your NRL debut against, but there’s no better opposition to test yourself against.

I made my debut against the Storm.

Some people will remember that night ... it did not end well for me. But that’s just footy.

I’m backing AJ to have a much more successful debut.

DIEHARD
12-05-18, 12:19 PM
YOUNG GUN TO STEP UP
http://www.goldcoast.com.au

THE TITANS WILL FAST-FORWARD TO THE FUTURE TONIGHT AGAINST THE STORM, WITH BOOM ROOKIE AJ BRIMSON THROWN INTO THE NO.6 JUMPER. TRAVIS MEYN EXAMINES THE RISE OF THE PLAYMAKER.

ONE thing highly touted Titans debutant Alexander “AJ” Brimson doesn’t lack is confidence.

“I sat down with him and had a talk to him about whether he thought he was ready and he said, ‘what took you so long?’” Titans coach Garth Brennan said.

“I’ve seen how he’s reacted at training and how he is around the boys. It’s given me even more confidence that he’s ready to go. I think the time is right for him to have a crack.”

Brimson will make his NRL debut at Suncorp Stadium tonight when the Titans face Melbourne in the first match of the double header blockbuster.

The 19-year-old has been pitched into the Gold Coast’s No.6 jersey for a showdown with Queensland Origin fiveeighth Cameron Munster.

First grade baptisms do not get much tougher but Brimson is ready to tackle whatever is thrown at him. Born in Brisbane, the speedy playmaker travelled through a host of junior clubs before being picked up by the Titans while starring for league nursery Keebra Park High School.

He has committed to the Gold Coast until 2020 and now wants to lock up a permanent spot at five-eighth.

“I went to a few different schools in Brisbane and moved around a bit. I played for a few different Brisbane clubs,” Brimson said. “I played a bit in Brisbane at Graceville and Centenary. My parents split up and my mum met her partner down the Coast and I moved here when I was 12.

“I went to school at Tallebudgera, Benowa then finished up at Keebra for the last three years. I came down here and played at Currumbin when I lived at Tallebudgera. I went to Southport Tigers and played there for a year.

“Then I went to Runaway Bay and played there for a couple of years. I played a bit of under-20s for Tweed, too.

“I’ve been at the Titans (for my whole professional career) and I don’t really want to go anywhere else.

“I really like it here. It’s home.”

Brimson’s travels saw him develop into an elusive playmaker who is a more than handy fullback.

At 181cm and 89kg he is incredibly quick and strong on his feet, prompting Brennan to take a punt on the teenager as he attempts to snap a fourgame losing streak.

“He will bring some energy and enthusiasm,’’ Brennan said.

Brennan has failed to find the right foil for halfback Ash Taylor, with Kane Elgey and Bryce Cartwright struggling to put their stamp on the No.6 jersey.

DIEHARD
12-05-18, 12:44 PM
http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/12.2.jpg

DIEHARD
12-05-18, 12:45 PM
http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/FullSizeRender-9.jpg

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/FullSizeRender-8.jpg

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/FullSizeRender-6.jpg

Mr Bods
12-05-18, 01:58 PM
^^^^ Nooooooooooo
Epic Titans cheat Badger refereeing

rj62
12-05-18, 02:35 PM
Really looking forward to seeing how Brimson and Lee go.

I have no expectations of the game, but can’t help be excited for the changes.

gothabull
12-05-18, 03:31 PM

Mate me too , looking at the lineup every one lines up competitive I hope rein has a blinder up against Cameron smith it will test him good

- - - Updated - - -

And the don is good

DIEHARD
12-05-18, 03:35 PM
Looking forward to seeing our young guns, Brenko Lee and especially AJ Brimson debut.

Anything can happen, look at last year and the Storm aren't the same team. Fingers crossed.

gothabull
12-05-18, 03:48 PM
Looking forward to seeing our young guns, Brenko Lee and especially AJ Brimson debut.

Anything can happen, look at last year and the Storm aren't the same team. Fingers crossed.

Yes mate I’m so looking forward as well thanks dh

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 04:21 PM
Both teams 1-17.

Hope we have a decent showing.

C-Whiz
12-05-18, 04:31 PM

Exactly how I am feeling. This is essentially a trial game for the Titans IMO.

Toads
12-05-18, 04:31 PM
^^^^ Nooooooooooo
Epic Titans cheat Badger refereeing

Now now, Bodsy. We gotta suck that one up and wear on the chin. Can't use Badger as an excuse, especially at Suncorp. :doh:

Apart from that, bit worried about Sami. He'll be tested tonight.

C-Whiz
12-05-18, 04:36 PM
WTF, I blinked, got a drink and it's 6 nil....

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 04:37 PM
WTF, I blinked, got a drink and it's 6 nil....

Stop blinking.

gotitans101_
12-05-18, 04:39 PM
Taylor never runs the ball anymore, he's a big pussy.

rj62
12-05-18, 04:41 PM
Poor choice ash, ffs run the ****ing ball

- - - Updated - - -

Taylor never runs the ball anymore, he's a big pussy.

100%

- - - Updated - - -

IF thd ball hits you in the guts you catch it

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 04:41 PM
Melbourne aren't showing much respect with the blind side play from the scrum. Keep it up.

C-Whiz
12-05-18, 04:42 PM
The field was terrible last week Broncs game, still looks pretty loose under foot. Will be a mess after 2 games.

- - - Updated - - -

Ash is passing 3 metres before the line. Never gonna beat Storm defence like that.

gotitans101_
12-05-18, 04:44 PM
Gee Brennan doesn't look happy up there

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 04:46 PM
Penalty Broncos......

gotitans101_
12-05-18, 04:51 PM
Copley baby

- - - Updated - - -

Sami's kick returns are way too soft

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 04:54 PM
Kind of confused why Don stopped there. Hopefully Lee gets it down.

ozynorts
Brenko baby

rj62
Now..... is Ash starting to run at the line.....?

C-Whiz
12-05-18, 04:55 PM
Copley baby

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Sami is not bringing it back hard at all.

Good effort to get it down B.Lee

rj62
12-05-18, 04:57 PM
Copley baby

- - - Updated - - -

As are Dons..... as good as Don is... he needs to go harder

- - - Updated - - -

Flash is great value for my money

C-Whiz
12-05-18, 04:58 PM
He shouldve SMASHED Slater then...

gotitans101_
12-05-18, 04:59 PM
Sami is pissing me off. He's not going hard at all.

ozynorts
12-05-18, 05:00 PM
Yuureeaaaaa nice

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 05:00 PM
First few rounds Sami was "mean as" with his kick returns and chewed through plenty of metres, however he was also mentioned as pulling up sore and we'll see how he goes throughout the week. I'm guessing the he's working out what the can take when he was a fill in and played per game as compared to playing out a season.

Yew, try time!!!!!!

C-Whiz
12-05-18, 05:01 PM
Great to take the lead but Storm are not taking this game seriously. Bellyache will melt the walls at half time.

rj62
Sami is pissing me off. He's not going hard at all.

Agreed

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhh boys !!!!

gotitans101_
Like I said, I'll never understand the hate for Copley. Koni would have dropped that, and Sami would have been held up.

rj62
12-05-18, 05:02 PM
Ash is looking interested in running

Makes a big difference

Keep it going boys

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, I'll never understand the hate for Copley. Koni would have dropped that, and Sami would have been held up.

No argument there

GCTTSD
12-05-18, 05:03 PM
Looks like we've finally got two classy, out and out attacking centres, just need two hard running wingers

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 05:06 PM
Thanks Badger, appreciate allowing the Storms to set their line with that penalty.

C-Whiz
12-05-18, 05:07 PM
Badger, what a FW!!!

rj62
12-05-18, 05:08 PM
Thanks Badger, appreciate allowing the Storms to set their line with that penalty.

Badger = twat :mad:

gotitans101_
12-05-18, 05:08 PM
Really getting sick and tired of Badger doing whatever he can to **** us in every game of ours that he referees.

This isn't the first time - he hates us, I'm convinced of it.

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 05:10 PM
Carty should be giving Carty 2.0 advice or a shoulder to cry on.

Or better yet a contract.

gotitans101_
12-05-18, 05:11 PM
Carty can stay on the ****ing bench.

- - - Updated - - -

5-2 penalty count, says it all I reckon.

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 05:12 PM
Oh so the refs do play advantage.....for the Storms.

Get ready for a send off......

rj62
12-05-18, 05:15 PM
What a bull**** penalty

- - - Updated - - -

Hoo ****ing Ray

- - - Updated - - -

Ash Taylor’s touchfinders ...amazing

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 05:15 PM
What a kick.

Throwing the spare ball into the play inside the 10m? hmmmmmm that Slater is such a joker

rj62
12-05-18, 05:16 PM
Bugger

Good half guys

When Ash runs things change and now we have AJ who can also run and is no turnstyle

Also a relief not to feel apprehensive when the ball goes out the backs

Good job boys !!

gotitans101_
12-05-18, 05:17 PM
No Carty on the field helps

Though he's still taking up valuable space on the bench.

Mr Bods
12-05-18, 05:17 PM
Outstanding half of Cheating by Badger and Co
Why do we bother
That half smells of match fixing

C-Whiz
12-05-18, 05:18 PM
Not wanting to be Mr Negative, but that field goal attempt by Ash... fark me, it doesn;t get easier than that...

gotitans101_
12-05-18, 05:18 PM
Why do we bother

always does when that ****wit is the referee.

rj62
12-05-18, 05:20 PM
Why do we bother

Lol Bodsy you’re a conspiracy theorist :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Not wanting to be Mr Negative, but that field goal attempt by Ash... fark me, it doesn;t get easier than that...

Don’t judge his half by that - the rest of the half was good by Ash

C-Whiz
12-05-18, 05:23 PM
Most of our play has been against the run of play. Storm were throwing the pill around with no respect. Expect something a lot more structured from them next half. Our scramble has been good, good control of the ball in the ruck. Lots of positives.

Toads
12-05-18, 05:29 PM
Badger's finally kicked in and found his usual form.

Brenko Lee goes alright, Koni might wanna get use to playing for Tweed for a while.

TitansState
12-05-18, 05:31 PM
All up we've had 5 miss tackles. The highest amount of miss tackles for a single player is 1. That is unheard of for us in a single half. Not wanting to be that guy but Carty would alone have that many missed.

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 05:39 PM
Bad news guys, 14 is on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

So on for a Matthews HIA again. Hope he's ok. He's copping some hits this season.

- - - Updated - - -

That's both our edge players off. Few unplanned changes won't help that's for certain.

gotitans101_
12-05-18, 05:39 PM
Yep, Carty on. We lose.

teke
12-05-18, 05:41 PM
This is a ordinary storm performance with their big guns in. Titans gotta finish this with a W

rj62
12-05-18, 05:43 PM
That’s just too soft

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 05:44 PM
I dunno about soft, second phase play always catches us out unfortunately.

I'm guessing Cartwright is on his favoured right hand side. Lets see how he goes.

GCTTSD
12-05-18, 05:45 PM
That's bull****, Smith pulling Proctor's leg and tearing his groin, absolute dog act, then pretty sure Wallace got head slammed after the forward pass

rj62
12-05-18, 05:45 PM
Christ I hope we don’t lose this through lack of troops

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 05:46 PM
We now have no bench.

rj62
Must admit I like hearing ‘Brimson makes the tackle ‘

Mr Bods
We have lost Wallace and Proctor to illegal tackles both not penalised

rj62
We’re ****ed

We have no bench

teke
12-05-18, 05:47 PM
Ok as soon as i post titans will get the win, they lose their entire bench

C-Whiz
12-05-18, 05:48 PM
Well it was fun while it lasted. I don't really care about the result, but what price will we be paying in troops???

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 05:49 PM
Backs against the wall is when we play better. Hopefully we can get Wallace back....

rj62
12-05-18, 05:50 PM
How good is it seeing our halves run the ball...

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 05:50 PM
I'll shut up now...

rj62
12-05-18, 05:51 PM
Garth not happy

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 05:51 PM
Arrow, Peats and Boyle should be good for next week so it's not all terrible news.

gotitans101_
12-05-18, 05:52 PM
I know that was a bad error

But I've liked Brimson tonight. It's nice to have a 5/8 who can tackle.

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 05:54 PM
Hipgraves taken a Panadol, good to go.

rj62
12-05-18, 05:56 PM
Hipgrave strapping his broken wrist up

**** me

That’s what we need

- - - Updated - - -

I know that was a bad error

But I've liked Brimson tonight. It's nice to have a 5/8 who can tackle.

Me too ... and not afraid to run

C-Whiz
12-05-18, 05:58 PM
Thats an MMA KO.

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 06:00 PM
Thats an MMA KO.

He was starched

- - - Updated - - -

At least Wallace didn't just pack it in, shows he's still loyal to the team. Could have said no after copping the head slam but is back out there.

GCTTSD
12-05-18, 06:00 PM
Did I just hear Braith say good gamesmanship and Cameron Smith in the same sentence? Is he on drugs

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 06:02 PM
Watch that replay of Munsters try, watch Cartwright, he literally allows him to pass and moves his hands out of the way. That'll do me, he had every chance in every position, but that sums up his attitude that he doesn't want to play football.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I just hear Braithwaite say good gamesmanship and Cameron Smith in the same sentence? Is he on drugs

I thought he said Kevin Smith so I was looking for a fat comic book director on the field.

Mr Bods
12-05-18, 06:03 PM
Badger has been heroic tonight and his efforts had to eventually take its toll. What a disgrace.

rj62
12-05-18, 06:04 PM
Game over but I’m not distraught

We’ve competed tonight and we have halves that look interested and centres that want a crack.
But the injuries - fark me

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 06:04 PM
Manly must be on the field warming up, not even we get booed that much.

rj62
12-05-18, 06:08 PM
Hipgrave is a ****ing legend

That is all

- - - Updated - - -

Penalty try ?

C-Whiz
12-05-18, 06:09 PM
Penalty try all day.

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 06:10 PM
Ash better be careful, Brennan might replace him with Cartwright next week.

What a shame that floated forward. Would have made for some exciting footy for the last few minutes

C-Whiz
12-05-18, 06:10 PM
Manly must be on the field warming up, not even we get booed that much.
Haha, good call.
But why would Manly be getting booed? It's their home game! ;-)

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 06:12 PM
So we don't check for a hand from Munster? Nah, it's the Badger.

rj62
12-05-18, 06:13 PM
Damned if we do damned if we don’t- just plain unlucky in that one

- - - Updated - - -

Penalty try all day.

indoallstars
12-05-18, 06:14 PM
If the boys played like that each week, win or lose I would be proud of the team.

AJ, Brenko welcome to first grade, thought they played well for a debut game especially against Melbourne at suncorp with our injuries.

And Keegan Hipgrave and Jack Stockwell quite fast becoming my favourite players.

Would like to see next week Sami dropped and either Brenko moved to the wing with Konnie/Elliot in centres.

All in all happy with our performance.

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 06:17 PM
Impressed with Brenko tonight and the best part is we haven't even seen him attack in full flight. He'll only be better for us. Heavy toll on the troops tonight but they should know their fans are proud before their coach gives them a spray.

rj62
12-05-18, 06:17 PM
How much more ground we make when Ash /Brimson Run

Mr Bods
12-05-18, 06:18 PM
Here we go a string of late junk time penalties to even up the count

mdrew
12-05-18, 06:19 PM
Lets watch the NRL run an hide about what Smith did to Kevin Proctor

C-Whiz
12-05-18, 06:19 PM
Great effort, can't be faulted. Pushed a few passes in the end but to be expected. Entertaining, gutsy effort. All that I ask for.

rj62
12-05-18, 06:20 PM
If the boys played like that each week, win or lose I would be proud of the team.

AJ, Brenko welcome to first grade, thought they played well for a debut game especially against Melbourne at suncorp with our injuries.

And Keegan Hipgrave and Jack Stockwell quite fast becoming my favourite players.

Would like to see next week Sami dropped and either Brenko moved to the wing with Konnie/Elliot in centres.

All in all happy with our performance.

Couldn’t agree more :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Lets watch the NRL run an hide about what Smith did to Kevin Proctor

Not a word will be said

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 06:22 PM
If the coach can't discuss the refs (not blaming them, just hate Badger) then perhaps this is an ideal time to shed some light on the tactics that Smith and his cohorts use.

gotitans101_
12-05-18, 06:26 PM
Carty to reserve grade. Another pathetic tackle attempt tonight which led directly to a try. It's time to **** him off Brennan, he's not first grade material.

GCTTSD
12-05-18, 06:26 PM
If Cartwright played with even a quarter of the toughness and competitiveness AJ played with tonight he would be unstoppable

indoallstars
12-05-18, 06:28 PM
Kevin Proctors injury could be a blessing in disguise (hoping Keegan's injury isn't too bad). Could give another one of our young fellas a starting spots, so far they haven't been the ones letting us down. The more XP they get the better we will be as a team in 2019, realistically when Garth has more of a choice of what team he can have with player movements.

Mexican titan
12-05-18, 06:31 PM
While our second half was poor, I was blown away by the arrogance of the broncos who came on to warm up and were often inside the in goal area while the game was on. Why should we be surprised. Anyway there was a bit to like in the Titans. Just horrible errors and no pressure in the second half.

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 06:32 PM
Kevin Proctors injury could be a blessing in disguise (hoping Keegan's injury isn't too bad). Could give another one of our young fellas a starting spots, so far they haven't been the ones letting us down. The more XP they get the better we will be as a team in 2019, realistically when Garth has more of a choice of what team he can have with player movements.

Unfortunately it will be a curse as that is Cartwrights natural side when he plays 2nd row.

psmitty
12-05-18, 06:47 PM
AJ can tackle .... finally we have a number 6 who can tackle. Bye Bye Elgey. #sackBrennan

GCTTSD
12-05-18, 06:47 PM
Ash and AJ combined really well, i think AJ really compliments ash as a running 5/8 who can also ball play and organises when ash isn't

Mr Bods
12-05-18, 06:58 PM
AJ can tackle .... finally we have a number 6 who can tackle. Bye Bye Elgey. #sackBrennan

12/5/18 let it be noted Mr Smitty was the first one to call for Brennan’s Head.
This is what happens when you lose at least 4 in a row. It’s now 5.
And Bellamy did say he’d be interested in Coaching the Titans....

Dobes
12-05-18, 07:02 PM
Surely that's our season gone now. I'd be honestly shocked if we didn't get the spoon this year. Yeah we played better tonight than usual, but five losses in a row is hard to come back from.

Toads
12-05-18, 07:08 PM
Game over but I’m not distraught

We’ve competed tonight and we have halves that look interested and centres that want a crack.
But the injuries - fark me

Great effort, can't be faulted. Pushed a few passes in the end but to be expected. Entertaining, gutsy effort. All that I ask for.

Well said, Gents. It wasn't a win, but it's best effort we've seen for a few weeks. Hope injuries don't fudge it for us, and we can improve on it from here.

DIEHARD
12-05-18, 07:08 PM
Presser https://www.titans.com.au/news/2018/05/12/post-match-press-conference/

DIEHARD
12-05-18, 07:10 PM
There was plenty to be encouraged about, our attitude and the successful blooding of Brimson and Lee.

Unfortunately those injuries mounted up and it got away from us. It really pisses me off to lose players to illegal actions but see no punishment in the game and they may be punished next week.

Was exciting to see so many line breaks. And if some of the passes stuck, anything could have happened.

I thought the refs were well and truly against us and it really was getting ridiculous.

Hope the injuries to our boys aren't too bad.

Yea it's 5 loses in a row, it looks like LLLLL, but I was proud of the team tonight.

TitansState
12-05-18, 07:11 PM
Surely that's our season gone now. I'd be honestly shocked if we didn't get the spoon this year. Yeah we played better tonight than usual, but five losses in a row is hard to come back from.

Well I mean, the last time we had five losses in a row we made it to the finals.

rj62
12-05-18, 07:19 PM

Park the calls for the coach’s sacking - support the team, seriously take it elsewhere.

I don’t hear anyone calling for Greens head up north, because they have people who support thei team through good and bad.

- - - Updated - - -

12/5/18 let it be noted Mr Smitty was the first one to call for Brennan’s Head.
This is what happens when you lose at least 4 in a row. It’s now 5.
And Bellamy did say he’d be interested in Coaching the Titans....

Heard a real roughie this week - Bellamy to Brisbane, Munster to NQ, Coote out

Not a chance in hell the new owners who navigated through a **** storm for the past couple of years will boot a coach 10 games in.

- - - Updated - - -

There was plenty to be encouraged about, our attitude and the successful blooding of Brimson and Lee.

Unfortunately those injuries mounted up and it got away from us. It really pisses me off to lose players to illegal actions but see no punishment in the game and they may be punished next week.

Was exciting to see so many line breaks. And if some of the passes stuck, anything could have happened.

I thought the refs were well and truly against us and it really was getting ridiculous.

Hope the injuries to our boys aren't too bad.

Yea it's 5 loses in a row, it looks like LLLLL, but I was proud of the team tonight.

DIEHARD
12-05-18, 07:20 PM
I said last week that I still have plenty of faith in Brennan, still do.

rj62
12-05-18, 07:26 PM
I said last week that I still have plenty of faith in Brennan, still do.

Same here. If we are having the same discussions in 12 months times the tide may change , but I don’t think we will be

Toads
12-05-18, 07:32 PM
Presser https://www.titans.com.au/news/2018/05/12/post-match-press-conference/

Bugger.. it won't play for me. Spitting up a encoding error.

gotitans101_
12-05-18, 07:33 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Bugger.. it won't play for me. Spitting up a encoding error.

Try this: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/12/titans-press-conference--round-10/

Toads
12-05-18, 07:37 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Try this: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/12/titans-press-conference--round-10/

Cheers, mate. :thumbsup:

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 07:38 PM
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/269342401" width="640" height="357" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/269342401">Bryce can&#039;t play for ****</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user84981412">JB</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Dobes
12-05-18, 07:42 PM
Well I mean, the last time we had five losses in a row we made it to the finals.

You're right mate. It's going to take a hell of an effort from the boys to replicate that though. We'll see what happens. The Knights game next week is definitely one we can win. Fingers crossed.

rj62
12-05-18, 07:46 PM
Although I didn’t expect to make the finals this year, I was and still am HOPING we can...

As for 2019, that’s a different story.

Toads
12-05-18, 07:47 PM
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/269342401" width="640" height="357" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/269342401">Bryce can't play for ****</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user84981412">JB</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Jeezus.. may as well threw his hands up as Munster ran past him

EDIT: Then again, that would've required more effort. Nevermind.

Ennis needs to e-mail that one to Uncle Johnny and wait for a reply.