PDA

View Full Version : Round 10: STORM vs TITANS (2018)

Pages : 1 [2]

Mr Bods
12-05-18, 08:49 PM
^^^ that does look strange
I’d like to see the head on vision

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 08:52 PM
Great press conference, loved the look on Ryan James' face when Brennan was answering the question regarding the "tackle" on Proctor. Wish I didn't listen for the last ten seconds though, I think it's unfair he singles out Brenko for a missed tackle that leads to a try but then says he was happy with Cartwrights performance and we'll be patient with him.

gotitans101_
12-05-18, 08:53 PM
Great press conference, loved the look on Ryan James' face when Brennan was answering the question regarding the "tackle" on Proctor. Wish I didn't listen for the last ten seconds though, I think it's unfair he singles out Brenko for a missed tackle that leads to a try but then says he was happy with Cartwrights performance and we'll be patient with him.

lmao yeah, singles Brenko out but not a word is said on Bryce's half-ass attempt?

JunctionBlock
12-05-18, 08:53 PM

You'll have to give fox sports a call, it's taken me an hour to find that footage hahaha

Dobes
12-05-18, 08:55 PM
Although I didn’t expect to make the finals this year, I was and still am HOPING we can...

As for 2019, that’s a different story.

I guess when you think about it, Ivan Cleary's first season with the Tigers wasn't a good one and look where he is now with them. Our 2019 season is shaping up to be a good one with Peachey coming and hopefully others.

rj62
12-05-18, 10:14 PM

Could he have been called offside ?

BundyTitan
12-05-18, 11:20 PM
Just got home from the game and absolutely shattered. We were the better team for 60 minutes and the game was a lot closer than the end score line shows. However silly errors and penalties once again killed every chance we had to win. Brimson was incredible and it’s good to finally have a 5/8 that knows how to tackle. So tough and seemed to form a good combination with Ash. Should be our halves partnership for the rest of the year. Brenko also had a good debut minus the terrible read on the first try. Good in attack and good metres getting us out of trouble. Copley was also awesome and was burning Will Chambers constantly. So disappointing to not end up with a win but we almost put Melbourne to the sword. A performance like that next week will go a long way to getting the two points.

DIEHARD
13-05-18, 02:02 AM
Bryce Cartwright’s abysmal tackle against the Storm raises questions

GOLD Coast coach Garth Brennan may wield the axe on Bryce Cartwright after the underperforming utility appeared to give up on a tackle against the Storm that led to a try.

Cameron Munster scored a try in the 66th minute of the Storm’s 28-14 win, with replays showing Cartwright’s abysmal attempted tackle.

Munster streamed through the defensive line to score basically untouched but Cartwright looked to be in position to at least make contact if not stop Munster.

Commentator Danny Buderus questioned if Cartwright could be carrying an injury that might explain the poor effort he produced in the play.

“I guess on that play Bryce Cartwright is going to come under the microscope,” Fox League expert Danny Buderus said of Cartwright’s effort.

“The only way you go through and do that action that he did is if you’re shoulder is not capable.

“But it’s a disappointing effort for all his other teammates to see that.

“It will be disappointing to see how they break that down as a group on Monday and understand why Bryce didn’t put his body on the line there.

“There are questions to be asked for sure.”

Cartwright has been out of form all season since joining the Titans from the Panthers with reports suggesting Phil Gould sold Garth Brennan a dead horse.

Cartwright could be carrying an injury that helps explain the effort, but if he is fully fit he isn’t showing the commitment necessary for a first grade player.

One thing is for sure given the skill level Cartwright has shown in his NRL career, he is clearly well below his best and the no tackle against the Storm was another sign something isn’t right according to Fox League commentator Greg Alexander.

“When you are defending your try line to not put your body in front of a player with the ball at all is odd,” Alexander said

http://www.foxsports.com.au

gotitans101_
13-05-18, 02:54 AM
I really feel for Proctor after seeing him in tears on the sideline after that horrid chicken wing tackle. I know he's been far from our best but he definitely hasn't been our worst, I wish him a speedy recovery. Even as a fellow QLDer I lost a lot of respect for Smith after tonight.

JunctionBlock
13-05-18, 07:14 AM
I'm glad the press have picked up on his non-existent effort on that play. Might stop Brennan from looking the fool in future press conferences by looking after his pet. Enough is enough, a football field isn't a place for a counselling session. I pray that Proctor is ok so that there is no excuse for him being picked next week.

- - - Updated - - -

I really feel for Proctor after seeing him in tears on the sideline after that horrid chicken wing tackle. I know he's been far from our best but he definitely hasn't been our worst, I wish him a speedy recovery. Even as a fellow QLDer I lost a lot of respect for Smith after tonight.

Fellow QLDER here too, Smith and Slater have been an embarrassment for their on field antics this year, Billy diving for send offs, Smith for his wish bone last night and Billy for purposely throwing the ball into the play last night when they were defending their ten last night. Absolute disgrace.

Toads
13-05-18, 07:43 AM
If you seen the Storm's presser, Smith has no problem with it because him and Proctor are old mates and he wouldn't go out of his way to hurt him.

Can only hope the post match review committee move on it. Doesn't help us though if we lose Proctor for a week or more.

ozynorts
13-05-18, 10:54 AM
Fellow QLDER here too, Smith and Slater have been an embarrassment for their on field antics this year, Billy diving for send offs, Smith for his wish bone last night and Billy for purposely throwing the ball into the play last night when they were defending their ten last night. Absolute disgrace.

Slater has always had that sh1t in his game. They changed the rules because he used to try and kick the ball out as players were trying to score.

- - - Updated - - -

And if Brennan can’t see that Cartwright isn’t making an effort after that then he is kidding himself. It looks like he is just going through the motions in order to collect a pay check.

Titanic
13-05-18, 11:50 AM
Have managed to delay a comment until now :)

Enjoyed the game, if not the result, as it answered a lot of questions, including:

1. Brennan is treading a fine line looking after Cartwright.
2. Copley deserves an extended contract.
3. Lee has earned another go at that right centre position.
4. Brimson has earned another go at 6.
5. Sami and Don both need to lift ... their prancing before the line is pathetic.
6. Not surprising we had some penetration in the centres with better ball from the half's.
7. Matthews isn't up to NRL standard considering our depth.
8. Groin strains are 4-6 weeks.
9. Peats/Rein is interesting me a lot.
10. Bottom 4 finish with pride.

5 Year Contract
13-05-18, 12:35 PM
Much improved effort across the board. The loss last night was a true indication of where we currently are as a team. Yeah we had some penalities not go our way but we just let ourselves down at a few crucial moments. Was happy with all our debutantes. Copley and Lee is what we want in hard running centres. We just need some lightning quick wingers and Don and Sami need to stop the prance and put the head down. Cartwright off to QCup with you. AJ had some errors but loved his defence and that was a baptism of fire to debut against the storm and i was bloody proud of his effort. As I said we still arent top 8 level but last night was what I want to see. Even in defeat we were bloody gutsy. I reckon we have the knights next week

Mr Bods
13-05-18, 12:58 PM
Have managed to delay a comment until now :)

Enjoyed the game, if not the result, as it answered a lot of questions, including:

1. Brennan is treading a fine line looking after Cartwright.
2. Copley deserves an extended contract.
3. Lee has earned another go at that right centre position.
4. Brimson has earned another go at 6.
5. Sami and Don both need to lift ... their prancing before the line is pathetic.
6. Not surprising we had some penetration in the centres with better ball from the half's.
7. Matthews isn't up to NRL standard considering our depth.
8. Groin strains are 4-6 weeks.
9. Peats/Rein is interesting me a lot.
10. Bottom 4 finish with pride.

I might address some of your points
1. I believe when he played 1min v The Drongoes the Coach was contacted by his GF about it’s affect on his mental state
2. Indeed
3. Lee can play wing too
4. Brimson can play FB too and long term that is his position
5. How about dropping them both? We can reconfigure our backline with Hurrell and Elliot in reserve grade currently.
6. Indeed, it happens when Taylor is on his game, LG has done the same in patches.
7. Yes sadly. Bench player at best.
8. Apparently Proctor said it feels ok
9. Peats should return off the bench
10. Indeed. Let’s see effort week in and week out and we will cope with that ok.

Mexican titan
13-05-18, 01:02 PM

I'm glad you raised this about the prancing from Sami and Don as it's driving me to distraction. Sami is a big unit and his supposed hitting the line is hopeless. Nene McDonald was the same when he was here. It drives me nuts and if these guys cannot hit it up properly well let someone else do it. They are not even making many metres to the line as they are not running hard and I;ve seen Don often get pushed back to where he started.

Mr Bods
13-05-18, 01:09 PM
I'm glad you raised this about the prancing from Sami and Don as it's driving me to distraction. Sami is a big unit and his supposed hitting the line is hopeless. Nene McDonald was the same when he was here. It drives me nuts and if these guys cannot hit it up properly well let someone else do it. They are not even making many metres to the line as they are not running hard and I;ve seen Don often get pushed back to where he started.

We could go a backline of
Brimson Gordon Hurrell Copley Lee LG Taylor
Or if u r an LG Hater
Gordon Elliot Hurrell Copley Lee Brimson Taylor
Or if u hate both Hurrell and LG
Gordon Don/Sami Lee Copley Elliot Brimson Taylor
If you dislike them both you have to still take one unless you want to give Kiah Cooper a crack

ozynorts
13-05-18, 01:59 PM
News just in, Cam Smith has been charged for that leg lift. 2 weeks if he fights and 1 if he pleaded guilty.

Mr Bods
13-05-18, 02:02 PM
^^ and not penalised at the time by epic cheat and Titans hater Badger

JunctionBlock
13-05-18, 02:06 PM
Wouldn't want to see Sami go anywhere or he'll develop into a Nene for someone else, give him a couple of off seasons to build some mass and he'll be sweet. Don, is the Don, give him so high balls and we'll love him again. He's never been a speedster but he's been dependable.

- - - Updated - - -

News just in, Cam Smith has been charged for that leg lift. 2 weeks if he fights and 1 if he pleaded guilty.

Good news for Manly, who they play next week.

Mr Bods
13-05-18, 02:16 PM
^^^ I feel so much better now

ozynorts
13-05-18, 04:25 PM
Spud Carroll made a great comment about Cartwright and the excuse of a possible injury. He called bs and said that Payne Hass got up and made s tackle with a dislocated shoulder. I thought Dave Taylor was a waste of talent but this guy could be the biggest ever.

DIEHARD
13-05-18, 05:03 PM
FIVE THINGS WE LEARNT
http://www.sundaymail.com.au

1 The Titans should be applauded after playing most of the second half with a one-man bench after injuries to Kevin Proctor (groin), Keegan Hipgrave (wrist), Jarrod Wallace, Jack Stockwell and Will Matthews (all concussion). While Hipgrave returned, along with Wallace, there is concern for him and Proctor moving forward.

2 Proctor and Wallace’s injuries both came in questionable Melbourne tackles. Cameron Smith pulled Proctor’s left leg, while Wallace’s head was slammed into the ground and he needed an HIA.

3 After missing 41 tackles last week, Gold Coast aimed up in defence, missing only 15 compared with Melbourne’s 19.

4 Felise Kaufusi continues to impress ahead of a likely Origin debut, scoring the Storm try that made it 14-all. In front of Maroons coach Kevin Walters, Kaufusi ran for 91m, made 29 tackles and missed zero.

5 Another great sign for Queensland is Cameron Munster’s form. He shone even when Melbourne struggled, and there is no doubt he will wear the Maroons’ No.6. He scored the try that broke Gold Coast hearts and was instrumental in Melbourne’s comeback.

rj62
13-05-18, 07:23 PM
POINT 3 is the standout for me - the reduction in missed tackles is actually even more impressive given our lack of bench and injury hit players.

Bloody great effort

DavidBouveng
13-05-18, 08:19 PM
overall we looked much improved, and were in the contest until the 70th minute.

We just panicked a little and let Storm take it in the end.

Back line looked pretty good to be honest. Brenko and Copley are both good on their feet and can get through traffic. Brimson was staunch for his first game. the question will be when he moves to FB after Gordon retires, will we have Peachey or LG at 6? Lg's hopes are fading by the day and it makes me sad, but the team must come first.

the difference between Ash when he is 'on' and off is huge. you can tell by the way he runs around the field when he is confident. talking, laughing, looking cheeky. his kick for touch in the 39th minute was a calculate banana / outside of the boot trick shot to gain maximum metres which shows he was feeling confident. if we could have jagged the FG or even a try i would have felt better moving into half time.

We were a mess injury wise so we never had a real chance at the second, but i got that effort every week id be happy fella.

lastly, Brimson and Mo need to be in the team every week. and Sami also deserves more time to learn on the run. if we find a good trio of rookies to go with Arrow and Kings arrival as good NRL forwards i will feel we have made some development progress this year.

JunctionBlock
13-05-18, 08:25 PM
Glad you gave him a nickname. Mo is easier than MOEAKI FOTUAIKA!

DavidBouveng
13-05-18, 08:58 PM
Glad you gave him a nickname. Mo is easier than MOEAKI FOTUAIKA!

i just decided after your post to change it to MoFo!

teke
13-05-18, 09:21 PM
i just decided after your post to change it to MoFo!

:laugh:

That definitely deserves to be a Game Banner