PDA

View Full Version : Battle: The Simpsons v The Family Guy v South Park.

DIEHARD
14-03-06, 05:54 PM
Inspired by the thread about Chef quiting South Park.

The Simpsons v The Family Guy v South Park. Which is the best? You decide!

Super Cronk
14-03-06, 05:57 PM
I voted family guy.

South park- lost intrest in about year 9....

The simpsons- some of the old episodes are great to watch but most of the newer stuff is crap.

Family guy- its my type of humour and i really enjoy that show.

DIEHARD
I voted for South Park as I think its a very funny show that often has a message that is skillfully weaved into the show.

The Simpsons is classic but lately it needs a bullet.

The Family Guy is great entertainment and I love it but I think it relies too much on links to pop culture, I think it overdoes milking it.

Steve Dangerous
south park or futurama

DeeGan
14-03-06, 05:58 PM
I love Homer and the Simpsons - the original and the best.

Stewie and the family guy a close second though I would have King of the Hill before South Park which I lost interest in after a the first season.

Titans#1
14-03-06, 06:02 PM
Simpsons for me... The funny things said in that family, are usually quoted by me daily!

DIEHARD
14-03-06, 06:06 PM
King of the Hill and Futurama are fantastic shows, I'm also a huge fan of Beavis and Butthead. :D I love Invader Zim as well.

Gee we are blessed with a great number of animated shows, which is fantastic because animated shows are difficult to get off the ground.

It will be interesting to see how the BIG THREE go head to head though.

I think South Park has matured with age like a fine wine.

Steve Dangerous
14-03-06, 06:09 PM
yeah, south park definately seems to get better each season.

as i've said elsewhere i really can't stand family guy.

and of course simpsons is great but the nonstop repeats for years upon years has kinda deadened it for me. don't enjoy it much now, overexposed i guess.

Queenslander
14-03-06, 07:09 PM
The simpsons for me; Its the original and the best....Family Guy is in a close second.

Steelers
14-03-06, 07:25 PM
Simpsons - been replayed WAY too many times.

Family Guy - haven't seen enough of it

South Park - Love it

Ipswich Fan
15-03-06, 12:46 AM
Simpsons for me.

Social Loafer
15-03-06, 12:11 PM
Family Guy by a mile. Great great writers and take the piss out of everyone.

Dakink
15-03-06, 12:13 PM
south park or futurama

For me Simpsons - though Futurama would have my vote if it was included!

Eel 33
15-03-06, 12:35 PM
South Park, closely followed by the Simpsons. Don't like family guy or any of the others mentioned.

DIEHARD
20-03-06, 12:49 AM
Family guy getting nailed. Go South Park.

I'm also enjoying the Simpsons mega marathon on FOX8 during the games. :guit:

SuperCliffy#01
20-03-06, 09:14 AM
I don't know about you guys out there but i saw a very funny cartoon recently on the box called "The American Family" i loved it, i found it to a cross between The Simpsons with the rudeness of South Park.

But getting back to the subject South Park is so far ahead of the other two the bulldust has settled.cya.

Kallan
21-03-06, 08:01 PM
South park is the best! I like to watch the others too.

HodgoBerro
22-03-06, 03:35 PM
the simpsons is a quiet laugh

south park - too repetitve

then family guy that takes the cake!!

family guy all the way

Steve Dangerous
22-03-06, 03:48 PM
lol at calling south park repetitive and then giving big ups to the family guy. i swear if you've seen one family guy you've seen them all.

Super Cronk
22-03-06, 03:54 PM
Thing is tho the family guy try to be reptitive sometimes and even make referrence to it in some episodes...where as the south park guys think they are doing something new....but really they have 'dissed' every relgion, every hollywood actor and everything in the universe on more then 40 occasions each....*extreme exaggeration, but you get my point*

HodgoBerro
22-03-06, 04:06 PM
same repetitive lines - like 'screw you guys i'm going home'

Super Cronk
22-03-06, 04:09 PM
and that ******* kid "timmy"....that got very old and un-funny and very fast.

Teegy
22-03-06, 04:09 PM
"Dont have a cow man"
"Doh"
"Exelent"
Thank you come again"

Queenslander
22-03-06, 04:11 PM
and that ******* kid "timmy"....that got very old and un-funny and very fast.

compare that to "Naked grease up deaf guy" from family guy, which never gets old..........

"Your never going to catch me, your wasting your time, see ya all next year" :rotflmao:

"Dont have a cow man"
"Doh"
"Exelent"
Thank you come again"

"Dont have a cow man" hasnt been said for years, the last time they said that on the simpsons they made fun of the statement......and "Exelent" i dont think anybody said that one :p

Steve Dangerous
22-03-06, 04:43 PM

maybe 8 years ago....

sp is always challenging things and providing social commentary. fg is just a complete ripoff of everything else and is terribly lame. even when it tries to be 'edgy' it's not really offensive to anybody who watches it. and the characters have been done to death, same jokes over and over. not to mention they're not original characters in the first place.

Queenslander
22-03-06, 04:45 PM
maybe 8 years ago....

sp is always challenging things and providing social commentary. fg is just a complete ripoff of everything else and is terribly lame. even when it tries to be 'edgy' it's not really offensive to anybody who watches it. and the characters have been done to death, same jokes over and over. not to mention they're not original characters in the first place.

Okay we get it, you like South Park! Some people like to watch cartoons for a laugh not to get a social and political commentary ;)

Steve Dangerous
22-03-06, 04:48 PM
yeah i watch em for a laugh too, which is why i don't watch FG :laugh:

Sharks
22-03-06, 07:37 PM
I voted for south park.It takes everything that is politically incorrect in this world and turns it into a cartoon masterpiece.Matt Stone and Trey Parker are smarter then they are given credit for.People that look at the world like a Mr.Serious and doesnt have a sense of humour will not understand it which is mostly everyone.

Social Loafer
22-03-06, 07:48 PM
Family Guy is also good at taking the piss out of current situations, one episode one of the characters was at a fortune teller or something who was showing cards of how the world will end, there was cards of a volcano, earth quake, tidal wave and George Bush:laugh: :laugh:

Steve Dangerous
22-03-06, 10:22 PM
who's everybodies fav cartoon character?

mine would have to be butters
http://membres.lycos.fr/Spsty/Persos/Saison1/102/Imag/Butters.jpg that's me!

Steve Dangerous
22-03-06, 11:50 PM
Family Guy is also good at taking the piss out of current situations, one episode one of the characters was at a fortune teller or something who was showing cards of how the world will end, there was cards of a volcano, earth quake, tidal wave and George Bush:laugh: :laugh:

see what i mean though, that's commentary at it's most contrived and cliched... it's not saying anything at all, anyone can make a george bush joke. it's all this sorta easiest form of humour stuff. all been done before tbh.

Dakink
23-03-06, 08:10 AM
see what i mean though, that's commentary at it's most contrived and cliched... it's not saying anything at all, anyone can make a george bush joke. it's all this sorta easiest form of humour stuff. all been done before tbh.

And South Park is so inovative.....

Steve Dangerous
23-03-06, 08:54 PM
it always has its own unique take on things, yes. and it commonly pushes beyond what's "safe".

simpsons = the rolling stones
south park = the clash
family guy = milli vanilli

Dakink
24-03-06, 09:08 AM
it always has its own unique take on things, yes. and it commonly pushes beyond what's "safe".

simpsons = the rolling stones
south park = the clash
family guy = milli vanilli

Id equate South Park along more along the lines of a gaudy glam **** rock band like Warrant, Europe or Ratt....

Steve Dangerous
24-03-06, 12:18 PM
:fence:

Dakink
24-03-06, 01:01 PM
:fence:
:lol!:

En Garde!

Super Cronk
24-03-06, 01:03 PM
I know its not listed but futurama is prolly the worst.

Dakink
24-03-06, 01:07 PM
I know its not listed but futurama is prolly the worst.

Garbage - It's my favourite.

Super Cronk
24-03-06, 01:11 PM
Garbage - It's my favourite.

Garbage it is.

i remember when it was first on Ten ...they talked it up in ads and i was so hyped about it because it was done by the simpson guys...i was looking forward to it then when i saw the first ep i didnt laugh once....i watched 2 more episodes and ended up changing them halfway through anyway.

Steve Dangerous
24-03-06, 01:39 PM
i love futurama! got it all on dvd.

out of all of em, it probably has the most focus on the characters and storylines.

i'd rank it higher than the simpsons. but i mean it's not really like the simpsons, maybe you went in with certain expectations? american dad is a lot like family guy, but futurama and simpsons aren't really alike at all besides a bit of an animation style similarity.

Super Cronk
24-03-06, 01:57 PM
i love futurama! got it all on dvd.

out of all of em, it probably has the most focus on the characters and storylines.

i'd rank it higher than the simpsons. but i mean it's not really like the simpsons, maybe you went in with certain expectations? american dad is a lot like family guy, but futurama and simpsons aren't really alike at all besides a bit of an animation style similarity.

I just didnt really find it funny. Not my taste in humour i spose.

HodgoBerro
24-03-06, 02:33 PM

maybe 8 years ago....

Steve - the question posed was - what is your favourite cartoon NOT what cartoon we can convert you to.

mind you i just watched south park about a week ago and cartman said it...

futurama is ok...

fave cartoon character would have to be either cleveland's wife, apu, or quagmeyer.

DIEHARD
24-03-06, 02:55 PM
I think Cartman is the best character ever! He is so highly developed and complex and....evil.

HodgoBerro
24-03-06, 03:03 PM
but then none of the cartoons mentioned have nothing compared to Bro'Town

DIEHARD
24-03-06, 03:09 PM
but then none of the cartoons mentioned have nothing compared to Bro'Town

I've only seen a few episodes, but I was pretty underwhelmed with it.

I'll keep watching, I hear good things about it.

Steve Dangerous
24-03-06, 04:14 PM
Steve - the question posed was - what is your favourite cartoon NOT what cartoon we can convert you to.

same thing :peace:

a bit of debate is always welcome on a forum! :music:

DIEHARD
24-03-06, 08:43 PM
I'm keen to be converted to anything good. :thumbsup:

Steve Dangerous
24-03-06, 08:55 PM
it's funny though how ch10 has only just started giving futurama a fair run. it's been on a couple of channels at like 11:30. finally they've realised it's ace and run it in primetime, but took a while!

HodgoBerro
27-03-06, 03:20 PM
the ones of futurama on 10 i've seen before on Fox 8

Steve Dangerous
27-03-06, 09:05 PM
well they stopped making them a while ago, so they're all repeats. there's only 4 seasons, but they're gold.

Steelers
27-03-06, 09:41 PM
it's funny though how ch10 has only just started giving futurama a fair run. it's been on a couple of channels at like 11:30. finally they've realised it's ace and run it in primetime, but took a while!

Well I remember a few years back they were first put onto Channel 10 and then taken off because the show lacked ratings. They have brought them back and it was definately the right move :D

DIEHARD
27-03-06, 09:45 PM
Wasn't it on Seven originally?

Steelers
27-03-06, 09:54 PM
Wasn't it on Seven originally?

Might have been... I was only 10 or 11 at the time :laugh:

DIEHARD
27-03-06, 10:12 PM
I have that memory because I remember thinking it was weird to see The Simpsons on TEN and Futurama on Seven.

Steve Dangerous
27-03-06, 11:35 PM
it was on seven at one stage. they were still showing it at like midnight on 7 last year i think.

HodgoBerro
29-03-06, 02:11 PM
ahhhh thats it....

thanks for that - shame though coz futurama was the best

The Original Idiot
30-03-06, 04:58 PM
Pffft.. A MAD magazine is ten times better than any of these.

Dakink
30-03-06, 04:59 PM

I used to love MAD - wont get me argueing!

Super Cronk
30-03-06, 05:04 PM

Reading?.....BOOO!

The Original Idiot
30-03-06, 05:17 PM
For a lot of the stuff in there you can be illiterate and still enjoy.

Super Cronk
30-03-06, 05:25 PM
For a lot of the stuff in there you can be illiterate and still enjoy.

Yeah i know...i dont hate reading, i quite enjoy it actually.

DIEHARD
15-11-06, 12:34 AM
*BUMP*

What do our new users think?

Sonny-Skill
15-11-06, 09:02 AM
Where is the futurama option?

BrisbaneBroncosRule
15-11-06, 10:02 AM
Simpsons, its the original and the best.

Poida
15-11-06, 10:03 AM
family guy owns all with comedy and everything

s_s_s
15-11-06, 10:07 AM
love all three but The Simpsons gets my vote

Apexx99
15-11-06, 10:10 AM
Wat happened to futurama. that show rox

Hoppy2007Dragons
15-11-06, 02:18 PM
Simpsons

but futurama is the best.

DIEHARD
15-11-06, 02:22 PM
family guy owns all with comedy and everything

South Park for life.

Have you seen the episodes of South Park about Family Guy? Its right on the money.

Nathalie
15-11-06, 02:23 PM
I just love Family Guy - how they put in totally random things but it's STILL so funny :rotflmao:

W.I.L.T
15-11-06, 03:04 PM
So hard, I assumed I had more or less got over South Park but I watched it the other day and found it so hilarious, bits are fantasstic. As for the simpsons I always assumed I liked family guy more until I reaslised that was because I have been watching the same simpsons episodes for the past 8 years. Family guy would just beat South Park in my books. I have been watching a fair bit of futurama lately, pretty dang good show.

navneets
15-11-06, 04:01 PM
family guy ftw