PDA

View Full Version : Round 9: RAIDERS vs TITANS (2018)

DIEHARD
28-04-18, 08:36 PM
Round 8: RAIDERS vs TITANS (20189

Dobes
28-04-18, 08:40 PM
It’s going to take a hell of an effort from the boys to win this one.

Mr Bods
28-04-18, 08:49 PM
Different focus now.
Keep looking to improve and get the selection and combinations right.
It’s just about learning to win again now.
We aren’t far off.

DIEHARD
28-04-18, 09:45 PM
Different focus now.
Keep looking to improve and get the selection and combinations right.
It’s just about learning to win again now.
We aren’t far off.

Yea I think we aren't far off too. We'd have won today with a 5/8th.

rj62
29-04-18, 06:24 AM
Yea I think we aren't far off too. We'd have won today with a 5/8th.

Agree 100%, or even a pair of halves that would take the line on. So frustrating they just shovel it on in the hope someone does something.

Cartwright has made it clear he doesn’t want or like the 6 on his back. Are we now pushing a square peg in a round hole.

Why not bring AJ off the bench. Rather do it now than n a game that’s do or die later in the season.

JunctionBlock
29-04-18, 06:37 AM
I'll be honest, losing interest. Team list Tuesday is going to frustrate me. 3 PM on a Saturday, It won't be hard to find something better to do on the Gold Coast on a Saturday arvo.

Mr Bods
29-04-18, 07:46 AM
^^^ that 3pm Saturday timeslot should not exist. Saturday arvo is Junior Sport and The Punt time. Sunday night 630pm is a better time. I think our next home game might be Saturday 3pm-hopeless.

RavShamrock
29-04-18, 07:56 AM
Losing by a point won’t get any changes this week except I hope Brennan considers having a back/utility on the bench in the form of LG/Brinsom because if we had some fresh/quick legs against the sharks it might have provided the spark needed to get over the line. But in saying that I think Mathews went down pretty early (which he tends to be prone to) and that extra forward was handy. This is where we miss Peats and Rein combo where Peats versatility allows him to shuffle into the pack. Peats works really well if we had a genuine utility like the Peach on the bench (bloody deadly combo).

Mr Bods
29-04-18, 08:02 AM
What’s the injury to Matthews??

RavShamrock
29-04-18, 08:58 AM
Concussion I think Bodsy

RavShamrock
29-04-18, 06:36 PM
My team for this week. I believe we can get in the grind with any team but we have been lacking injection with some oomph and XXXXXXX Factor.
So here we go!

1. Michael Gordon
2. Anthony Don
3. Brendan Elliot
4. Konrad Hurrell
5. Phillip Sami
6. Bryce cartwright
7. Ash Taylor
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Mitch Rein
10. Jack Stockwell
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan James
13. Jai Arrow

14. Max King
15. Leilani latu
16. Keegan Hipgrave
17. Alexander Brimson

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if Ash doesn't step up soon I want a refund

Dooldog76
29-04-18, 07:12 PM
I like Matthews in the team. He hits hard in defense. Sort of reminds me of Brad Meyers a bit. I love a good workhorse and Matthews provides that for our team.

RavShamrock
29-04-18, 07:26 PM
Sorry D76 just trying to change things up to provide some impact/xfactor. I like the look of James riding shotgun for Cartwright and they did link pretty well against the Sharks when Dark went to that edge. Once I thru dark on that edge I went in a different direction and couldn't fit Matthews on the bench. Really think we have a lot of similar/stereo types in this squad so looking to change that up.

Mr Bods
29-04-18, 08:51 PM
Tuesday naming of the team cannot come quick enough. No matter what Coach Brennan does there will be reactions. Welcome to First Grade Coaching Garth.

Menoitios
30-04-18, 06:53 AM
The areas we need to address are fairly simple. Everyone is so focused on our attack, or lack of it. Ash is one of the nrl's strike weapons when it comes to putting on tries. What he needs is what the top sides have...a 6 that is willing to take the line on and run the ball. One of your halves needs to be willing to roll up their sleeves and have a dig at the line at every opportunity. Look at how well the warriors are going with Blake Green there. Johnson looks like he's having fun out there because Green is running the show. The other top sides are similar.

I think Brennan may be on the money with Cartwright. I know...that surprises me too! I think if Ash is left to organise the team and set up tries with his kicks etc, and Cartwright can just concentrate on using his large frame to hit holes and occasionally offload, we'd start putting on more points.

Also...did anyone notice during the sharks game how many times we were pushing towards their try line when Ash was yelling instructions, looking left and right to make sure what he wanted to do was in place, only to have Rein shovel the ball Cartwright or someone else??? He left Ash, and therefore the team and us fans hanging a number of times. I have nothing against Rein. He is a talent no doubt and we'd be stuffed without him right now, but he needs to find Ash when we're pressing the line.

The other obvious thing we need to address is our defence. With a points difference of -68, we are second only to Parra (-70). Had the sharks scored one more try against us, we'd be stone cold motherless last as the worst for/against outfit in the nrl, and with only -2 points in that race...we are only about the width of a bees dick off it now. For flat out points conceded...we are last on 207 with Manly a close second last on 201.

The top sides are the ones with the best defence, however...there is always the exception to the rule! The Knights are sitting in 6th spot right now with a point difference of -58. What does that tell you?? They use their strike weapons effectively? Well, here's their for and against and ours.

Knights - Points for 138
Titans - Points for 139

Knights - Points against 196
Titans - Points against 207

Position on ladder

Knights - 6th
Titans - 12th

Amazing really. I think Garth needs to implement his man management skills and stick with Cartwright at 6. Get him running the bloody ball like a bloke his size should and put the onus on Ash to create points predominantly. He also needs to make some hard calls on habitual poor defenders.

All in all...we could still turn things around this year!!

JMO.

Dobes
30-04-18, 09:58 AM
1. Michael Gordon
2. Anthony Don
3. Brendan Elliot
4. Brenko Lee
5. Phillip Sami
6. Kane Elgey
7. Ash Taylor
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Mitch Rein
10. Ryan James
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Will Matthews
13. Jai Arrow
14. Jack Stockwell
15. Max King
16. Keegan Hipgrave
17. Bryce Cartwright

Titanic
30-04-18, 11:00 AM
Where’s Copley?

RavShamrock
30-04-18, 11:33 AM
Is he back?

gotitans101_
30-04-18, 11:56 AM
Where’s Copley?

Heard them interview him on ABC Grandstand before the game on Saturday. Said he was aiming to be back this week. Hopefully he is.

JunctionBlock
30-04-18, 03:57 PM
For the maybe he's a good 5/8 maybe he'll develop people...

https://streamable.com/hqa9n

1 minute 30 is my favourite part, that's when he tried to be fancy and lost us the game rather than passing like anyone would who is trying to gain confidence.

Mr Bods
30-04-18, 04:20 PM
I think Cartwright could in time be the Star Lock Brennan wanted. He just needs some hard training of the body and the mind.
I’d continue to start Arrow at Lock, LG 5/8 with Cartwright on the bench.
After 30mins I’d bring Cartwright on for Arrow where Cartwright then plays the last 50mins in the role of a Mid Forward who looks to make the odd offload and uses footwork at at a fatigued defence.
When Arrow returns to the game he’d return in the Front Row for the duration of the game.

James needs to be an 80min 2nd rower being the LG bodyguard....he has it in him and he makes mad runs on the edge, I don’t get why Brennan has not backed his own judgement from the Pre-Season.
We have props in Wallace, Stockwell, Boyle, King, Whitbread, Hipgrave and Fotuaika....plus Arrow can move into Prop in his second stint.

GCTTSD
30-04-18, 04:27 PM
If ash or Kane got there hands on the ball more than Cartwright wouldn't have had to play 6

RavShamrock
30-04-18, 06:02 PM
For the maybe he's a good 5/8 maybe he'll develop people...

https://streamable.com/hqa9n

1 minute 30 is my favourite part, that's when he tried to be fancy and lost us the game rather than passing like anyone would who is trying to gain confidence.

Thanks for the video JB here's how I see each play in the video.

1. Was meant to hit Matthews (Tick **** pass)

2. Penalty. Chad Townsend offside thats how he gets there so quick

3. Yes **** kick (Tick)

4. Had a little scoot out of dummy half and gets tacked?

5. Juggles the ball and unloads to James

6 .Unloads to Wallace at the Line

7. Kicks into Sharks player and regathers unlucky not to get 6 again

8. Marginal forward to James (probably gets away with it next week)

9. After Ash’s bomb where Sami is on Cartwright’s outside and Chad Townsend and Valentine Holmes are squaring up in defence and Jesse Ramein coming across in cover at a hundred miles an hour. Chad only has eyes for Sami and Cartwright is trying to get Chad’s interest as Cartwright throws the dummy to Sami and gets Chad and Jesse to commit to Sami and as Holmes proceeds to tackle Cartwright only 5 metres out he throws an awesome flick inside to an unprepared James who had Elliot in support with only Dugan in defence. James catches it and Try! Try! Try! We win and Cartwright is a hero.

10. Last 30 second play where Cartwright attempts a charge down and I tell ya what he wasn’t to far off getting a favourable ricochet. No time left for any other play when the Sharks were obviously kicking for the line to kill the game.

Upthetits
30-04-18, 06:39 PM
I feel like he had a lot more of a crack than anything ash or Kane has done the last few weeks. Yes majority of it didn't work but next week it might. As GCTTSD mentioned if ash and Kane done their job Cartwright wouldn't be getting shoe horned into 5/8, at least he is having a go.

RavShamrock
30-04-18, 07:04 PM
I'm with you Utt. Cartwright is no Zillman by any stretch and we'll see him improve each week in this position. I think it's outrageous that he is copping the level of flack after one week in partnership with Ash. There's plenty of upside here with this halves pairing and I dare say as we move forward a lot of faces will be lathered in egg. (Hopefully it's not ours)

gotitans101_
30-04-18, 11:27 PM
He's Dave Taylor.

Without the fat.

JunctionBlock
01-05-18, 06:35 AM
He's Dave Taylor.

Without the fat.

I was thinking more of a Nate Myles V2 plodder.

Go back to his signing and I was pleased and was pushing the "potential" barrow. Three or four rounds in I was still justifying his position and his potential skill (with the one offload that worked). 8 rounds in he has shown nothing to warrant an elevation in stature in this team and definitely not at the expense of LG.

Simple fact is the best game the Titans played this year was the game he played for 1 minute.

mdrew
01-05-18, 07:03 AM
On the wing for Burleigh on the weekend against PNG Brenko Lee played all 80 minutes running for 91 metres, 27 post contact and made 7 tackles at 100% tackling efficiency. He was also credited with a try assist and three tackle breaks.

RavShamrock
01-05-18, 08:22 AM
On the wing for Burleigh on the weekend against PNG Brenko Lee played all 80 minutes running for 91 metres, 27 post contact and made 7 tackles at 100% tackling efficiency. He was also credited with a try assist and three tackle breaks.

Sounds like a solid performance Md. Should at least have pressure building upon Koni.

indoallstars
01-05-18, 10:04 AM

Wouldn't mind seeing him on the left wing, Sami hasn't been setting the world on fire and has had some pretty poor carries out of our red zone, would be good to have some competition for that position to keep the players on their toes.

RavShamrock
01-05-18, 11:19 AM
Brennan's challenge for Titans NRL skipper

By AAP

Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan has asked for more from his captain Ryan James as the Titans aim to avoid a fourth successive NRL loss.
The hard-edged forward has managed 696 run metres in seven games this season, compared to in-form teammate Jai Arrow's 1,224 run metres in eight games.
James had just nine carries for 58 metres in Saturday's 10-9 loss to Cronulla, while first-year Titans lock Jai Arrow pressed his Origin claims with 18 runs for 188 metres.
James did make 42 tackles in the loss, second only to tireless rake Mitch Rein (47) in the game.
But Brennan has challenged his leader to show more against Canberra as the 12th-placed side aims to improve its 3-5 record.

"Ryan probably does need to step up and lead that team and be that forward leader," Brennan said before Saturday's clash with the Raiders.
"Look at Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace; they're consistent every week and Ryan needs to take responsibility being our captain and leader.
"He can play well in patches this year, but hasn't put a whole good 80 minutes together in back-to-back weeks."

Rookie coach Brennan has been forced to tinker with his line-up and tactics in the first two months of his reign, with James moving between the front and back row and more recently Bryce Cartwright joining Ash Taylor in the halves.
He said it wasn't ideal for him or the team but that he expected it given he was inheriting a squad mostly assembled by former coach Neil Henry.
"There's guys I'm making decisions on as the year progresses and guys off contract ... that I'm assessing," Brennan said.
"Would I like to be more settled? Absolutely but sometimes it is a bit of chopping and changing to see what the best fit for the club is."

timor 2
01-05-18, 03:03 PM
Canberra Raiders v Gold Coast Titans, 3pm Saturday at GIO Stadium

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Brendan Elliot, 4 Konrad Hurrell, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 Bryce Cartwright, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Mitch Rein, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Will Matthews, 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Max King, 15 Jack Stockwell, 16 Keegan Hipgrave, 17 Ryan Simpkins

Reserves: 18 Leilani Latu, 19 Moeaki Fotuaika, 20 Brenko Lee, 21 Kane Elgey

Ryan Simpkins replaces Morgan Boyle on the bench in the only change from last week's narrow loss to Cronulla

Raiders: 1 Jack Wighton, 2 Nick Cotric, 3 Jarrod Croker (c), 4 Joseph Leilua, 5 Jordan Rapana, 6 Blake Austin, 7 Aidan Sezer, 8 Iosia Soliola, 9 Siliva Havili, 10 Junior Paulo, 11 Joseph Tapine, 12 Elliott Whitehead, 13 Josh Papalii

Interchange: 14 Ata Hingano, 15 Shannon Boyd, 16 Luke Bateman, 17 Dunamis Lui

Reserves: 18 Liam Knight, 19 Michael Oldfield, 20 Brad Abbey, 21 Jack Murchie

The Raiders are unchanged from last week's win over the Cowboys.

Mr Bods
01-05-18, 03:13 PM
Why isn’t Morgan Boyle in the 21??

Upthetits
01-05-18, 03:15 PM
Not sure maybe simpkins can fill in at hooker to give rein a rest? Rein coming off the bench against tired forwards would be very effective, maybe start simpkins? Otherwise not sure why else Ryan would be in the side?

lonegull
01-05-18, 03:19 PM
Why isn’t Morgan Boyle in the 21??

injured

Mr Bods
01-05-18, 03:21 PM
Not sure maybe simpkins can fill in at hooker to give rein a rest? Rein coming off the bench against tired forwards would be very effective, maybe start simpkins? Otherwise not sure why else Ryan would be in the side?

I’m wondering why Morgan isn’t in the 21 at all. He didn’t look at all injured to me when he came off and I thought his 20min stint in the 2nd half was pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

injured

Any more info on the nature and length of the injury ?

Mr Bods
01-05-18, 03:45 PM
I can answer my own question the website says Morgan Boyle-shoulder-2 weeks minimum.

Bayside Titan
01-05-18, 03:57 PM
I can answer my own question the website says Morgan Boyle-shoulder-2 weeks minimum.

He actually did his shoulder in the first few minutes of him getting on. He just battled through it.

Mr Bods
01-05-18, 04:02 PM
He actually did his shoulder in the first few minutes of him getting on. He just battled through it.

Goes to show his character
I thought he did a good contribution

Fingers and toes crossed he doesn’t require surgery immediately

DavidBouveng
01-05-18, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the video JB here's how I see each play in the video.

1. Was meant to hit Matthews (Tick **** pass)

2. Penalty. Chad Townsend offside thats how he gets there so quick

3. Yes **** kick (Tick)

4. Had a little scoot out of dummy half and gets tacked?

5. Juggles the ball and unloads to James

6 .Unloads to Wallace at the Line

7. Kicks into Sharks player and regathers unlucky not to get 6 again

8. Marginal forward to James (probably gets away with it next week)

9. After Ash’s bomb where Sami is on Cartwright’s outside and Chad Townsend and Valentine Holmes are squaring up in defence and Jesse Ramein coming across in cover at a hundred miles an hour. Chad only has eyes for Sami and Cartwright is trying to get Chad’s interest as Cartwright throws the dummy to Sami and gets Chad and Jesse to commit to Sami and as Holmes proceeds to tackle Cartwright only 5 metres out he throws an awesome flick inside to an unprepared James who had Elliot in support with only Dugan in defence. James catches it and Try! Try! Try! We win and Cartwright is a hero.

10. Last 30 second play where Cartwright attempts a charge down and I tell ya what he wasn’t to far off getting a favourable ricochet. No time left for any other play when the Sharks were obviously kicking for the line to kill the game.

Chad was a little germ and was offside ALL NIGHT, especially on the line and from scrums when we were feeding.

Menoitios
02-05-18, 06:23 AM
Justin Hodges calls for Alexander Brimson to make his NRL debut...

MEET the 20-year-old who could prove the secret ingredient to reviving the Gold Coast attack and drawing the best out of star half Ashley Taylor.

His name is Alexander Brimson and while he’s yet to play NRL, he’s quickly earning a reputation for himself as a rookie on the rise.

A star of the Queensland 20s Origin side last year and the Titans’ NYC player of the year, the talented half has spent 2018 playing fullback in the Queensland Cup after earning a Top 30 contract with the Titans.

With Garth Brennan struggling to settle on a solution at five-eighth, Maroons under 20s coach, Justin Hodges, has backed the versatile playmaker to not only be the man to ignite the Titans’ season but prove the perfect foil for Taylor.

“Ash Taylor’s the No.7, there’s no doubt about that, but there’s a young kid called AJ Brimson,” Hodges said on Queenslanders Only.

“Myself and Lote Tuqiri had a bit to do with him in the Queensland 20s, he was our five-eighth.

“He’s a wonderful player, just what he does on and off the ball, he’s got so much energy.

“He’s big, he’s put on about five or six kilos since we had him last year.

“He’s a left foot kicker as well ... his vision and his timing, how he passes, how he plays.

“Whenever you give him a game plan, he’ll execute it to the tee.

“He’s just one of those young kids who’s got the world at his feet and I think given the opportunity to play outside Ash Taylor, I think he could blossom into a wonderful player.”

Bryce Cartwright lines up in the No.6 again this week with Kane Elgey in reserve grade after failing to fire in 2018.

After being punted from the NRL side last week, he finds himself off-contract and on the outer.

On a $600,000 a season deal, Elgey is in desperate need of rediscovering form.

According to Hodges, a stint with Tweed Heads could allow Elgey to hit the refresh button before returning to the top grade later in the year.

“He had the start of the season to impress the coach,” Hodges said.

“I think at the moments he’s lacking a bit of form and that’s hard because when you lack form you lack confidence and you can’t steer your side around.

“When you’re a half you touch the ball more than anyone apart from the hooker on the field.

“I think the coach has done a wonderful thing putting him back to Queensland Cup to find form and confidence but I would like to see AJ, I think he’s a wonderful player.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/titans/nrl-2018-justin-hodges-calls-for-alexander-brimson-to-make-his-nrl-debut-for-titans/news-story/25a5bcd0a1e0e744d82eca5763d28a9f

shamus
02-05-18, 06:23 AM
Chad was a little germ and was offside ALL NIGHT, especially on the line and from scrums when we were feeding.

As was Moylan. Through my refs ears I heard Ryan James get a warning that next infringement someone is going to the bin. Down the other end Moylan was penalised 3 times for offside (on his own not the entire team) but I didn't hear any such warning.

RavShamrock
02-05-18, 07:00 AM
Yes Meno I would have liked to see Brimson on the bench this weekend as Rein doesn't handle 80m at all well so Simkins got the nod by default.
There's a few guys on here that have big wraps on Brimson, so any chance Brimson could punch out some minutes at dummy half?

rj62
02-05-18, 11:08 AM
Yes Meno I would have liked to see Brimson on the bench this weekend as Rein doesn't handle 80m at all well so Simkins got the nod by default.
There's a few guys on here that have big wraps on Brimson, so any chance Brimson could punch out some minutes at dummy half?

Have to agree . It’s time Brimson got a look in at least. If Cartwright or Taylor don’t perform this week, surely they can park him on the bench.

Titanic
02-05-18, 02:38 PM
What about the coconut in the room? ... I’m finding it hard to believe that Hurrell hasn’t at the very least been called out by the coach. He needs a serious kick up the derrière.

GCTTSD
02-05-18, 02:51 PM
What about the coconut in the room? ... I’m finding it hard to believe that Hurrell hasn’t at the very least been called out by the coach. He needs a serious kick up the derrière.

Cause brennans said numerous times that Hurrell is his favourite centre in the NRL

Menoitios
02-05-18, 05:27 PM

I just wish Cartwright would knuckle down and play tough. Leave the fancy stuff to Ash. You're right about Rein, he needs a bit of a hand. Brimson in next week if Cartwright doesn't fire!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't now how you handle a bloke like Koni. He needs a rocket up him for sure, but that might just make him more mistake prone from trying too hard. Garth will be working for his pay to sort Hurrell out...but jeez he needs it!!

On another note, I reckon we could get another year out of Gordon. He's been impressive this year (what's new?) and still looks plenty fit for his age. He covers the ground well and is dependable at the back. He doesn't mind looking for the ball either. If Koni could tackle a bit better would help Gordon's game.

RavShamrock
02-05-18, 05:33 PM
Gee I think we would look better with Karl Lawton on the bench rather than Simpkins for this weekend.

Just want to give a shoutout for Jack Stockwell as well. I've been impressed with his limited minutes to date and recon we wouldn't go backwards if see him get more game time. In fact, I'd be happy to see him start

Titanic Believer
02-05-18, 07:06 PM
Gee I think we would look better with Karl Lawton on the bench rather than Simpkins for this weekend.

Just want to give a shoutout for Jack Stockwell as well. I've been impressed with his limited minutes to date and recon we wouldn't go backwards if see him get more game time. In fact, I'd be happy to see him start

Might be a bit of a flight from Auckland!

RavShamrock
02-05-18, 07:08 PM
Has he actually had any game time there?

Well there ya go, set to make his debut this weekend. How uncanny…. :eyebrows:

RavShamrock
02-05-18, 08:55 PM

OVERTHINKING HURTING TITANS STAR
Alex Heinke May 2, 2018 Gold Coast Sport

Nothing good comes from overthinking, just ask Titans star Konrad Hurrell.

The Tongan international has blamed his racing mind for his poor ball control, and it’s cost him the honour of being Garth Brennan’s favourite player

http://www.nbnnews.com.au/2018/05/02/overthinking-hurting-titans-star/

teke
02-05-18, 11:53 PM
A Raiders side on home soil that looks to be improving, this could get ugly down there

Titanic
03-05-18, 05:33 AM
As long as we don’t come back with the Viking Clap.

JunctionBlock
03-05-18, 05:45 AM
A Raiders side on home soil that looks to be improving, this could get ugly down there

Good litmus test. We beat them with the old team. Lets see what happens with this new team that has been assembled.

ozynorts
03-05-18, 05:49 AM

Where are the like buttons????????????

rj62
03-05-18, 06:54 AM

:laugh::laugh:

JunctionBlock
04-05-18, 12:34 PM
Wackos whispers....

Raiders vs Titans

Raiders only concern leading into game is Shannon Boyd due to concussion, will have to pass concussion protocols to play but if ruled out Liam Knight would replace him on the bench, no other late changes expected. Titans also I am expecting 1 change due to concussion also with Will Matthews set to be ruled out, this will see Ryan James who is playing whilst managing foot injury move to edge with Max King start in FRF with Moeaki Fotuaika or Leilani Latu to come onto bench.

RavShamrock
04-05-18, 12:54 PM
I hope Wacko is on the money.
Looks a better team to me with Latu coming onto the bench and hopefully plays out of his skin.
Shame Brimson didn't get the nod over Simpkins though.

Upthetits
04-05-18, 01:21 PM
I'm interested to see fotuaika get a run but probably not a debut against a pack the size of Canberra. Hopefully latu preforms

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 06:49 AM
I hope latu doesn’t get a run... been terrible in defense and about as effective as Donald trumps twitter account advisor in attack.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s game day and I can feel an upset coming up.

Titanic
05-05-18, 08:19 AM
Get Fotuaika in there and let him rip.

Mr Bods
05-05-18, 08:35 AM
Big day for Brennan
You lose 4 in a row and the heat is on

RavShamrock
05-05-18, 08:41 AM
Get Fotuaika in there and let him rip.

I think that would be a mistake today Titanic.
Watching the seagulls game I just thought Fotuaika had a high work rate but didn’t provide a lot of impact IMO.
The last time we saw Latu for the Titans the whole dynamic of our pack was different. Now our pack is settled with Arrow and Wallace leading the way I expect the same Latu who payed in the seagulls v cutters game that bent the line and was defensively solid/hard.
On the other hand I sense Fotuaika will only bring a workhorse element which we already have plenty of.

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 09:42 AM
Latu had his crack and was disappointing. Canberra and the warriors were running straight through him and his attack was tepid at best. Give fotuaika a run and see how he goes I reckon. Latu can get a bit more fitness and desire in qcup. He just didn’t seem hungry enough, pretty sure fotuaika will want to make his mark.

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 10:02 AM
Konrad out to find his best form

KONRAD Hurrell hopes a pre-game phone call to his mother may be the catalyst for a form reversal.

The barnstorming Titans centre has had a tough time of it this season with particular trouble in the ball handling department.

Fully aware that Brenko Lee is waiting in the wings having been playing right centre for feeder club Burleigh, Hurrell is leaving no stone unturned in his mission to rediscover his best footy.

“Dropping the ball every week, it’s hard to forget it coming into the game so I just need to be calm before the game and maybe call Mum and have a little talk to her before the game,” he said.

“It’s always good hearing from her. I will probably try to do something different this week just to get my focus into the game.”

Hurrell has described his form as “not up to standard” and conceded he has probably lost his tag as coach Garth Brennan’s favourite player but was grateful for the faith shown in him so far.

“In the past I have been performing like that and got dropped straight away but Garth, he has been on to me every week about that and he keeps saying he doesn’t want to drop me and he needs me in the team,” Hurrell said.

“But I need to perform well for him to keep me in the team.

“It’s good to know that but at the same time I obviously am trying to get into my top form too.”

Hurrell goes head-to-head with Canberra captain Jarrod Croker – who he steamrolled in Gold Coast’s 30-28 Round 1 win over the Raiders – at GIO Stadium this afternoon.

http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

RavShamrock
05-05-18, 10:18 AM
Latu had his crack and was disappointing. Canberra and the warriors were running straight through him and his attack was tepid at best. Give fotuaika a run and see how he goes I reckon. Latu can get a bit more fitness and desire in qcup. He just didn’t seem hungry enough, pretty sure fotuaika will want to make his mark.

Another point I've previously made on Latu is how he combines with Cartwright. Someone posted a Cartwright highlight real on here (not the lowlight one) and there was a lot of real good stuff between the two. Hopefully James riding shotgun with Cartwright helps bring out the best and in turn a Latu redemption.

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 11:05 AM
Raiders v Titans: Hosts unchanged; Matthews out, King to start
https://www.nrl.com/

It's been a tough year for Ricky Stuart and the Raiders. Things could've been so different if they hadn't blown match-winning leads in their first three games.

The Green Machine might've been thinking it was time for an overhaul if they hadn't stopped the rot with last week's gutsy road win over the Cowboys – their first in Townsville in several years.

Canberra fans were crossing their fingers that things were looking up with the back to back wins over Parramatta and Canterbury in rounds five and six. They probably feared those performances were just fool's gold after the round seven thrashing from Souths, but the Raiders showed they can't be counted out of finals contention yet.

Titans coach Garth Brennan shook up his halves combination last week by dropping five-eighth Kane Elgey and his team responded with a committed effort against the Sharks. But the scoreboard showed a one-point loss at full-time, leaving them with a 3-5 record for the season.

The Titans stormed home to snatch a last-minute victory over the Raiders in round one and might fancy their chances in Saturday's re-match.

For the Raiders to win: After an impressive road win over the Cowboys, the Raiders need to prove it was no flash in the pan. They had the Titans' measure for about 65 minutes in round one and ended up losing, so Stuart will demand they emulate last week's 80-minute effort.

For the Titans to win: It'll be interesting to see how the Titans bounce back from last week's close-but-no-cigar loss. The Gold Coast forwards will have to pack the heavy artillery, while Ash Taylor needs to provide solid direction from start to finish.

Raiders stat attack: The Raiders have scored 100 points in their previous three clashes with the Titans. Captain Jarrod Croker needs four points to reach 900 for his career at GIO Stadium.

Titans stat attack: The Titans don't seem to fear the trip to Canberra, winning four of their past five games at GIO Stadium. Forward Will Matthews will chalk up his 100th NRL game.

And another thing: This is a huge game for both teams. They share the same 3-5 record, though the Raiders boast a superior for and against differential. In light of the logjam of teams around mid-table, the Raiders or Titans could be in the top eight by the time the dust settles on round nine.

Raiders: 1 Jack Wighton, 2 Nick Cotric, 3 Jarrod Croker (c), 4 Joseph Leilua, 5 Jordan Rapana, 6 Blake Austin, 7 Aidan Sezer, 8 Iosia Soliola, 9 Siliva Havili, 10 Junior Paulo, 11 Joseph Tapine, 12 Elliott Whitehead, 13 Josh Papalii

Interchange: 14 Ata Hingano, 15 Shannon Boyd, 16 Luke Bateman, 17 Dunamis Lui

Reserves: 18 Liam Knight, 19 Michael Oldfield
The Raiders are unchanged from last week's win over the Cowboys. Brad Abbey and Jack Murchie were cut from the initial 21-man squad on Friday afternoon.

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Brendan Elliot, 4 Konrad Hurrell, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 Bryce Cartwright, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Mitch Rein, 14 Max King, 11 Kevin Proctor, 10 Ryan James (c), 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 15 Jack Stockwell, 16 Keegan Hipgrave, 17 Ryan Simpkins, 18 Leilani Latu

Reserves: 19 Moeaki Fotuaika, 20 Brenko Lee 21

The Titans have had a shake-up, with captain Ryan James shifting to the back row in place of Will Matthews (concussion), who was due to play his 100th NRL game. Max King is the new starting prop, while Leilani Latu was added to the interchange bench. Kane Elgey was cut from the squad 24 hours before kick-off.

Head-to-head: Played 21; Titans 12 wins, Raiders 9 wins
Matches at venue: Played 9; Raiders 5 wins, Titans 4 wins
2017 result: Raiders won 42-16 at Cbus Super Stadium in round 6
Points per game: Raiders 21.9; Titans 17.4
Points conceded per game: Raiders 21.8; Titans 25.9
Televised: Live on Fox League

Steve Turner's prediction: It will be the second time these two sides meet in 2018 following the comeback win from the Titans in the opening round of the season after trailing the Raiders 24-6 at one stage. The Raiders return home after a great win in Townsville that was built on defence, while it's hard to get a read on the Titans who have the worse defensive record in the NRL and lack real strike out wide. It's an important game for both teams due to the congestion of the ladder, but Canberra will be too good. TIP: Raiders by 10.

https://www.nrl.com/

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 11:41 AM
Another point I've previously made on Latu is how he combines with Cartwright. Someone posted a Cartwright highlight real on here (not the lowlight one) and there was a lot of real good stuff between the two. Hopefully James riding shotgun with Cartwright helps bring out the best and in turn a Latu redemption.
Good point, but I’d rather be picking players on form rather than how they play with someone else who is playing out of position IMO.

Dobes
05-05-18, 01:04 PM
Final side:

1. Michael Gordon

2. Anthony Don

3. Brendan Elliot

4. Konrad Hurrell

5. Phillip Sami

6. Bryce Cartwright

7. Ash Taylor

8. Jarrod Wallace

9. Mitch Rein

12. Max King

11. Kevin Proctor

10. Ryan James ©

13. Jai Arrow

15. Jack Stockwell

16. Keegan Hipgrave

17. Ryan Simpkins

19. Moeaki Fotuaika

RavShamrock
05-05-18, 01:51 PM
Gee our bench has got a touch of the "ducks disease".

teke
05-05-18, 02:05 PM
Which is Atays feeder club?

Mexican titan
05-05-18, 02:07 PM
For Christ sake, can we ever complete the first set of 6 in a game. Jesus, every farken week.

Titanic
05-05-18, 02:08 PM
Soft cox ... giving a 6 points start again ... dreadful.

rj62
05-05-18, 02:12 PM
What the **** do we have to do to get proctor to run trough a hole?
Put some hair around it ffs????

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 02:13 PM
They’re running through Cartwright

rj62
05-05-18, 02:16 PM
Ash had got to man up here and get on with it

- - - Updated - - -

Crap ash and now a ****ing penalty

- - - Updated - - -

Raiders are just eating the metres up

Ahhh ****

teke
05-05-18, 02:16 PM
This will be a flogging.

Carty finally fixing his mistackles by just not attempting

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 02:17 PM
Another Cartwright misread. Another try

gotitans101_
05-05-18, 02:17 PM
can't believe I fell for the Brennan hype.

Nothing will save this club

Nols of the Goldy
05-05-18, 02:18 PM
F*** this team is so hard to follow sometimes.

rj62
05-05-18, 02:19 PM
How would Brimson cope in defence ?

teke
05-05-18, 02:20 PM
Put a fork in Gordon, hes done

Week after week dropping bombs leading to tries

Titanic
05-05-18, 02:21 PM
Frigging lard-butt Hurrell just sat on the ground.

rj62
05-05-18, 02:21 PM
Raiders 62% possession

gotitans101_
05-05-18, 02:22 PM
Raiders 62% possession

Taylor failing to build any pressure at the other end.

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 02:22 PM
They got ****ing graphics displaying which players have scored the most tries against the Titans.....

5 Year Contract
05-05-18, 02:23 PM
If im being honest I literally struggle to give a **** about sitting through our games lately. We arent first grade standard. We are a lazy overpaid mess of players earning far more than any of their onfield performances warrant with recruitment that either never pans out or decent players just treat us like a holiday. Is it too late to cancel membership?

rj62
05-05-18, 02:24 PM
Taylor failing to build any pressure at the other end.

We can’t spell the word pressure

- - - Updated - - -

Must admit the raiders look bloody sharp though

5 Year Contract
05-05-18, 02:25 PM
Any team just needs to run at our edges. We literally jog backwards giving 20m a go until we hit on our line and then 9/10 someone will come in and mis-read

rj62
05-05-18, 02:30 PM
Arrows off. ****

- - - Updated - - -

Any team just needs to run at our edges. We literally jog backwards giving 20m a go until we hit on our line and then 9/10 someone will come in and mis-read

100% correct

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome .... Hail Mary from James worked a treat

Nols of the Goldy
05-05-18, 02:31 PM
We are a mess and sadly I can't see it changing now or ever really.

rj62
Pathetic . I’m off to watch Braithwaite and Barnes in surfers .

This is ****ing ****

Dobes
Our team is absolute trash. Lost for words.

5 Year Contract
05-05-18, 02:33 PM
Im out. Wont be here next week either. **** this team until they show something resembling heart I couldnt be ****ed anymore

gotitans101_
where do we go from here?

-tried new coach
-tried new players
-tried new owners

??

Dobes
Swear if Garth tries to justify anything in this performance today, I'm f**king done.

DIEHARD
20-0 15 to go until halftime. Disgraceful. No one has any respect for us, and many of our players don't seem to either.

Mexican titan
05-05-18, 02:34 PM
If im being honest I literally struggle to give a **** about sitting through our games lately. We arent first grade standard. We are a lazy overpaid mess of players earning far more than any of their onfield performances warrant with recruitment that either never pans out or decent players just treat us like a holiday. Is it too late to cancel membership?

I feel the same way. I fell for it again this year but unless there is a massive improvement, they won't con me gain.

Where do you start. This is comical.
By the end of the game the knife will have gone in to most of them but I'll start with James. He is just bludging and as a captain offers nothing. He has heaps of mates and as JB said, players are treating the place as a holiday camp. At what stage will I burn my tickets to the double header.

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 02:35 PM
Indeed players are just treating representing our club as a holiday.

Mexican titan
05-05-18, 02:35 PM
20-0 15 to go until halftime. Disgraceful. No one has any respect for us, and many of our players don't seem to either.

I don't respect them so why should the opposition. Respect has to be earned and we are a disgrace.

And James finally has a dig.

5 Year Contract
05-05-18, 02:37 PM
I feel the same way. I fell for it again this year but unless there is a massive improvement, they won't con me gain.

Where do you start. This is comical.
By the end of the game the knife will have gone in to most of them but I'll start with James. He is just bludging and as a captain offers nothing. He has heaps of mates and as JB said, players are treating the place as a holiday camp. At what stage will I burn my tickets to the double header.

I just dont know its been so many years now and it never gets any better. Sure there is the odd win to maybe think we have turned a corner but it never changes. Year after year, signing after signing, coaching staff, ownership yet this club reeks of unprofessionalism and players just not turning up. At the end of the day what is the answer? For every Arrow and wallace you get a proctor, latu, cartwright, zillman, idris, taylor and HAYNE. They get the big money, come here and do **** all. Im just so over not being able to enjoy the game I love because our club just lacks heart

teke
05-05-18, 02:38 PM
#sackcarty

Dobes
05-05-18, 02:38 PM
There's never been a better time than next week to bring in Brimson.

5 Year Contract
05-05-18, 02:39 PM
#sackcarty

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 02:40 PM
I don't respect them so why should the opposition. Respect has to be earned and we are a disgrace.

And James finally has a dig.

When things get to this point, fans and new players won't want to be involved.

Titan68
05-05-18, 02:44 PM
“ FOR GOD SAKE “ Cartwright is “ NOT “ a 5/8.
Ive just walked in , haven’t seen a lot of the first half. But just reading a few comments , could we see our halves in the future being
Elgey & Brimson

Whats Doing
05-05-18, 02:44 PM
The pundits were right. The spoon is looking likely. We have gone backwards where the other teams are improving,

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 02:45 PM
At least hipgrave is having a dig

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 02:45 PM
Take the two! (Joking)

Nols of the Goldy
05-05-18, 02:46 PM
If Brimson or even LG doesn't play next week, I'm done. Brennans love affair with Cartwright has a Grandpa Bennett/Boyd ring to it and it is too painful to watch any more. I can only wonder what this year would have looked like with Tyrone Roberts in the side. I have loved and been a member from day dot but for the first time ever I am reconsidering next year. It just becomes too hard every year and I am so sick of being the joke of the NRL every damn year. Nothing changes.

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 02:46 PM
Even fox doesn’t want to watch

Mexican titan
05-05-18, 02:48 PM

I was hoping the blackout would last longer than it did.

gotitans101_
05-05-18, 02:48 PM
You can't blame individual performances today. This whole team but Arrow, Wallace (when they were on) and Hipgrave is trash.

Boonarga
05-05-18, 02:49 PM

Best thing I've seen all game. A blank screen.

DIEHARD
Broadcasters have given up too

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/5.5.jpg

RavShamrock

:laugh:

Mexican titan
05-05-18, 02:50 PM
Broadcasters have given up too

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/5.5.jpg

Fox shouldn't apologise, they did us a favour.

5 Year Contract
05-05-18, 02:50 PM
Looking at our squad we need.

An entire "NRL STANDARD" backline. Don is ok, Copley is injured to much to be long term. And gordon is doing great the poor bastard with what he has to face but isnt long term).

Set halves. Ash and Elgey havent stood up at all this year so ****s me who is long term.

We need a set, week in week out forward back that should be unchanged week in week out and barring injury one or 2 NRL quality backups. Now I do like Hipgrave, King, Stockwell and we seem to have some good prospectives coming through but when James, Proctor, Cartwright etc cant play to first grade standard it gives us no roll forward to bring these guys on

Need a complete rebuild across the board. This buy big names and throw them at the wall and hope it sticks doesnt work.

biggest thing we need a PATHWAY!!! that way we dont have to things like Payne Haas running out onto the field for the broncos week in and week out

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 02:51 PM

Nailed it!!!

Randomologist
05-05-18, 02:51 PM
On a more positive note, Fotuaika has impressed me with his running, haven't paid too much attention to his defence though.

Mexican titan
05-05-18, 02:53 PM
You can't blame individual performances today. This whole team but Arrow, Wallace (when they were on) and Hipgrave is trash.

I also give Gordon a rough pass, despite the mis judgement with that bomb. At least he tries to get involved. I can't believe just how much Taylor has gone off and he is certainly bludging on that fat contract he got. And Ash, there must be another play you have, other than the short ball to Proctor who usually has blokes all over him by the time he gets the pass.

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 02:53 PM
On a more positive note, Fotuaika has impressed me with his running, haven't paid too much attention to his defence though.

That would be because we haven’t displayed any defence today at all.

5 Year Contract
05-05-18, 02:54 PM
I also give Gordon a rough pass, despite the mis judgement with that bomb. At least he tries to get involved. I can't believe just how much Taylor has gone off and he is certainly bludging on that fat contract he got. And Ash, there must be another play you have, other than the short ball to Proctor who usually has blokes all over him by the time he gets the pass.

Yeah lets just give up the crossfield bomb to Don as that has never worked

Toads
05-05-18, 02:54 PM
Defensively, Cartwright makes Zillman look good.

Hurrell gassed after 30..

The positive, they've only got 20 on us after the 1st half.

indoallstars
05-05-18, 02:55 PM
Weak as piss, absolutely pathetic.

We obviously have no chance of making top 8 this season, start dropping players to qcup to send out a message. Atay, Cartwright and Proctor should all be there. Starting to think Sami should join then there as well.

Hipgrave and Stockwell only ones putting in. Sign these two up to longer term contracts along with Jai Arrow and Max King.

Mexican titan
Need a complete rebuild across the board. This buy big names and throw them at the wall and hope it sticks doesnt work.

Seems to work with other clubs. We turn decent footballers into very average ones.

GCTTSD
I'd be giving elgey the 7 on his back next week and telling ash if he doesn't want to play like it's his team then show some faith in Kane to run the side

Titanic
The new bloke looks promising, Gordon by far the best of the backs while Cartwright and Taylor should both have been hooked.

Whats Doing
05-05-18, 02:56 PM
Part of the pathway is to have great scouts in different regions where they can identity real talent and put them through PBC or whoever wants to align with the TItans. The way the Broncs stockpile the juniors is the way to go.

5 Year Contract
05-05-18, 02:57 PM
Seems to work with other clubs. We turn decent footballers into very average ones.

Again I think we are the "holiday club". Either wind down with a fat contract or play well enough to get a bigger payday with a contender. All this talk of wallces contract. I wouldnt want to stay here

gotitans101_
05-05-18, 02:59 PM
maybe the issue was Ash all along and not Elgey....**twilight zone music**

JunctionBlock
Missed the entire first half because I went to watch Infinity wars again. Read the comments. Anyone one to man up and say they've got egg on their face?

Enjoy the second half. Going to mow the lawn. #thisisntmyteam

Whats Doing
We need some big bodies in the forwards . Apart from Ryan who is a soft marshmellow, there is no one over 110 kg. We are a bunch of pygmies in the forwards which cannot keep up for 26 weeks.

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 03:00 PM
Looks like the “carty party” is more like a “cwa” meeting.

RavShamrock
05-05-18, 03:01 PM
Quote of the year "We'll win this".

5 Year Contract
Missed the entire first half because I went to watch Infinity wars again. Read the comments. Anyone one to man up and say they've got egg on their face?

Enjoy the second half. Going to mow the lawn. #thisisntmyteam

All good mate our team is disintegrating worse than the avengers #spoilers

Mr Bods
This will be 4 losses in a row...that’s bad
My biggest issue though is that in 4 out of 9 games this year our team has not turned up at all to the game
So Brennan and his staff and leaders are in nearly 50% of Games presented a motivated and prepared team to represent our club fans sponsors and community

Bellamy is off contract and is on the record as saying he’d be interested in Coaching Us.

5 Year Contract
05-05-18, 03:02 PM
Quote of the year "We'll win this".

mate i was on a perfect round in footy tipping and I changed to titans 5mins before kickoff. I need my head examined

Toads
"poor old Brycie" aye Alexander? :faint:

gotitans101_
We are stuck with Carty for 4 years. What the ****

ozynorts
05-05-18, 03:03 PM
We are certainly suckers for punishment. We keep coming back every year hoping for a change in fortunes but no it’s the same old c rap.

5 Year Contract
05-05-18, 03:03 PM
We are stuck with Carty for 4 years. What the ****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFEzW1Z6TRM

Titanic Believer
05-05-18, 03:04 PM
Please someone remind me why I waste my time?

NZFan
05-05-18, 03:05 PM
Time to put Ash to 6 and Elgey to 7. Bring in Brimson to 1 and gordon to Dons wing. We are really missing Peats in the middle. Rein has run a bit but when you have a half worth a million you don't want that.

5 Year Contract
05-05-18, 03:08 PM
Please someone remind me why I waste my time?

While blasphemy im also a massive QLD Reds fan. I sat through 93-5 losses and being the whipping boys year after year to see us over 3 seasons finally build a squad. Evolve it and then win the championship (albeit followed by years of despair again). There was no better feeling. Since the titans came back into the comp I swore that no matter what I would stick with them. However to be honest I have never felt so deflated and disappointed by the performances and overall direction of this club. I pay my hard earned money every year to be a member and support this club and im only greeted with Divas who look like they either dont want to be there or are not at first grade standard yet due to our coaches get the nod which has caused us to use some potential superstars.

Long story short I guess we are just suckers for punishment

Whats Doing
05-05-18, 03:09 PM
Austin is off contract who has a great running game and more than anything a hard nosed attitude to winning

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 03:14 PM
Looks like we may be 20-12 here.

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 03:16 PM
Can history repeat itself?

Boonarga
05-05-18, 03:18 PM
That's the thing about the big boppers in green. They can't keep it up for 80.

Titanic Believer
same pattern designed to do my head in. Not this time! I won't get my hopes up!

DIEHARD
I do have some faith in the young blood.

Brandy correct points out that the Titans don't seem to fire up until they are behind. Which is unacceptable in professional footy.

DIEHARD
Oh there we have it. Hurrell knock on. (Poor ball though)

Titanic
05-05-18, 03:20 PM
Hook that coconut please!!!!

and Boyd over ... thanks Hurrell you mental giant.

DIEHARD
****.... that pass from Hurrell... to no one.... Jesus christ...

Boonarga
Ha! Don was going to pass then saw who it was. No Koni, not passing to you.
Then he screws up next play anyway.

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 03:21 PM
Gifted Raiders perfect field position. Just when we had a hope.

God AND a penalty given.

Hail Sezer
Enter captain of the anti-hurrell brigade

- - - Updated - - -

Koni would have to be the dumbest player in the competition

mdrew
Hard to watch this

Whats Doing
05-05-18, 03:22 PM
Until Hurrell stops making mistakes he should never be in first grade

Dobes
05-05-18, 03:24 PM
Surely Hurrell is dropped to QCUP next week...

teke
05-05-18, 03:24 PM
Hahahahaha Koni

If that ball was to hit the closest player to where he thought it was going it would have been Simpkins lol

Toads
05-05-18, 03:25 PM

He's just playing a different game to everyone else in the comp.

ozynorts
05-05-18, 03:25 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Said exactly that when we signed him and was shouted down by most on here.

indoallstars
05-05-18, 03:26 PM
Drop Proctor to bench and start Hipgrave, miles above him.

DIEHARD
Ha! Don was going to pass then saw who it was. No Koni, not passing to you.
Then he screws up next play anyway.

That's exactly what happened.

https://youtu.be/lteqGmiCpYM

Toads
Well there goes that glimmer of hope.

mdrew
I am going back to watching junior rugby league!!!!

Hail Sezer
05-05-18, 03:27 PM
Said exactly that when we signed him and was shouted down by most on here.

I sincerely apologise

Nols of the Goldy
05-05-18, 03:28 PM
Rapana another one let go by the Titans. Seriously.

Mexican titan
05-05-18, 03:28 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I've said for years that the Warriors are the dumbest team in the comp and Hurrell is the cream of their dumb crop. He turned the game yet again.

Mr Bods
05-05-18, 03:29 PM
We got mins 40-55 of effort today and the other 65mins is looking like utter garbage

Titan68
Geez , id love to hear the post match conference.

Mexican titan
I am going back to watching junior rugby league!!!!

You are!

JunctionBlock
05-05-18, 03:30 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly HS, I have never felt so dejected about a team line up since day one. I have no effort in me to continue to watch or financially support the team the way it stands now. I sit here in an armchair and think to myself, how can a professional coach get it so wrong? I know our options to replace are limited but we are absolute rabble with Cartwright anywhere near this team and Hurrell anywhere near a patch of green grass. I'm actually feeling quite emotional now because for the first time I have no pride in my team, nor would I leap to their defence if challenged.

Hurrell to go and replace him with a waterboy. LG back in for Cartwright. Once Copley is better move Elliot to the right centre. There is your team.

mdrew
Priceless mate, the only time I have smiled this afternoon

You are!

Titanic
I’m turning off for the season. I just can’t stand it.

Whats Doing
05-05-18, 03:31 PM
Boyd destroying us

Mr Bods
05-05-18, 03:31 PM
Brennan once again warming up his “I Always was expecting results like this but I was happy with the effort” speech

Mexican titan
05-05-18, 03:32 PM
We got mins 40-55 of effort today and the other 65mins is looking like utter garbage

I might be misunderstanding you Bodsie or you went to the Konrad Hurrell shool of mental giants, but that adds up to either 105 or 120 minutes of game time. Isn't 80 minutes of this enough.

Nols of the Goldy
05-05-18, 03:32 PM
Can it just finish already. This is embarrassing.

Boonarga
05-05-18, 03:36 PM
Sideline reporter: "I'm not going that bad that I want to play for the Titans"

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 03:38 PM
Looking forward to this being over. Lunch is overdue. I'm both starving and dejected.

ozynorts
05-05-18, 03:38 PM
I might be misunderstanding you Bodsie or you went to the Konrad Hurrell shool of mental giants, but that adds up to either 105 or 120 minutes of game time. Isn't 80 minutes of this enough.

His poor head is spinning so fast that he can no longer count. I know how he feels

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 03:41 PM
There is always next week... against the Storm.... Thread (http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/showthread.php?28831-Round-10-STORM-vs-TITANS-(2018)&p=381397#post381397).

:sadpace:

mdrew
05-05-18, 03:46 PM
39 missed tackles

JunctionBlock
05-05-18, 03:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/iF42v9P.png

ozynorts
05-05-18, 03:48 PM

There is always next week... against the Storm.... Thread (http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/showthread.php?28831-Round-10-STORM-vs-TITANS-(2018)&p=381397#post381397).

:sadpace:

Teke, this IS ugly, what will next week bring?

Mr Bods
05-05-18, 03:55 PM
There were times when I had to attend to things today so I missed some parts of the match
Can someone give a summary of the injuries please??

Boonarga
05-05-18, 03:57 PM
There were times when I had to attend to things today so I missed some parts of the match
Can someone give a summary of the injuries please??

About half the team diagnosed with weak hearts.

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 03:58 PM
Arrow- back spasms
Wallace- stomach virus
Hipgrave- hia
Not sure who else we lost

5 Year Contract
05-05-18, 03:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/iF42v9P.png

thats not fair mate!!! the gate would at least stop one person unlike our backline

Whats Doing
05-05-18, 04:03 PM
Arrow- back spasms
Wallace- stomach virus
Hipgrave- hia
We lost the whole team who were missing in action

JunctionBlock
05-05-18, 04:04 PM
https://i.imgur.com/5Z7mjxr.png

Need an egg flip? Or are you going to substitute reality with one of your own?

Toads
05-05-18, 04:11 PM

Let's be honest here. It would appear Brennan first and foremost needs the reality check more so than any Titan fan here.

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 04:12 PM
Well the “Cartwright is awesome at 6 and he is a 5/8” argument has been put to bed.

RavShamrock
05-05-18, 04:15 PM
https://i.imgur.com/5Z7mjxr.png

What a yoke JB. You're the best mate.

Mr Bods
05-05-18, 04:19 PM
Arrow- back spasms
Wallace- stomach virus
Hipgrave- hia

Thanks heaps Dools...we lost Simpkins at the end too to what looked like a sore neck
Well that injury toll isn’t too bad really
Wallace and Hipgrave will be right
Simpkins didn’t look at all serious and I think he will be right
Hard to say what’s doing there with Arrow...could be back next week or it could be a while.

JunctionBlock
05-05-18, 04:22 PM
What a yoke JB. You're the best mate.

Maybe now we can stop getting your dribble. It's quiet time now Ravs. Time for the adults to talk.

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 04:22 PM
Awaiting the presser....

RavShamrock
05-05-18, 04:26 PM
Maybe now we can stop getting your dribble. It's quiet time now Ravs. Time for the adults to talk.

The problem is JB you offer nothing. Enjoy your sleep

- - - Updated - - -

how the hell did you get me off Ignore? Please share

Dobes
05-05-18, 04:30 PM
https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/titans-sheds-meltdown!678112

Far out you've gotta feel bad for Arrow. One of the most least deserving blokes of this. The results may not go our way a hell of a lot of the time but this bloke is putting 110% in every week. Hope he comes good soon.

psmitty
05-05-18, 04:42 PM
A real team effort today. We need to go after Bellamy as I am one who doesn't think we will every be good under Brennan.
If I was Wallace I would be looking elsewhere. Why the hell are we spruking these multi year deals to find out a year later that there is options in the players favour. It tells me we either have to pay overs or give the players complete control to get anyone good. The other thing is we are experts at getting ok players and turning them into crap. I think we have many lean years ahead.

JunctionBlock
05-05-18, 04:43 PM
The problem is JB you offer nothing. Enjoy your sleep

- - - Updated - - -

how the hell did you get me off Ignore? Please share

Just double check what you've offered the last two weeks before you cast stones champ.

Hastings....Cartwright....Latu....now when you're totally wrong you won't cop it sweet. Bit of a sad state of affairs. Hopefully you've learnt your lesson about being rude of other peoples opinions whilst pushing your own misguided opinions down peoples throats. Cop it sweet and hush.

Mr Bods
05-05-18, 04:50 PM
Brennan once again warming up his “I Always was expecting results like this but I was happy with the effort” speech

Just thought I’d quote myself because Brennan at today’s press conference didn’t let me down

RavShamrock
05-05-18, 04:51 PM
Just double check what you've offered the last two weeks before you cast stones champ.

Hastings....Cartwright....Latu....now when you're totally wrong you won't cop it sweet. Bit of a sad state of affairs. Hopefully you've learnt your lesson about being rude of other peoples opinions whilst pushing your own misguided opinions down peoples throats. Cop it sweet and hush.

You're an opportunist at best JB. That's why you have noting positive to offer ever. Full stop!

You don't own this joint mate so stop trying to pull the rest of the forum down with you.

Please drown in your own SORROW!

Go the Tits!

gotitans101_
05-05-18, 04:54 PM
nothing new in the presser really. no angry garth tonight either. bummer.

Whats Doing
05-05-18, 05:00 PM
Although he did call out Koni for his continued mistakes which are not NRL standard. Now we will see if he does something about it

JunctionBlock
05-05-18, 05:04 PM
You're an opportunist at best JB. That's why you have noting positive to offer ever. Full stop!

You don't own this joint mate so stop trying to pull the rest of the forum down with you.

Go the Tits!

Not bringing the forum down. Read the last 7 pages bud. Not one positive post in the house. Just want you to realise how out of line you are with your train of thought that you've rammed down everyones throat the last couple of weeks.

If I'm negative it's because I don't agree with your thoughts. That's what forums are about. I'm not doing this for me, I'm doing it as a wake up call for you to allow others to have an opinion that doesn't coincide with yours. If I'm to be honest I'll happily point out that you've offered nothing positive because your thoughts of bringing in Cartwright and dropping LG got us to where we are today. The fact you crow about it when Brennan chooses a team that you want and then retreat to saying nothing when you know you're 100% wrong says a lot about your character.

Oh and the ignore list is off tonight just to give you a spray. It'll be back on soon enough as I see you have little to no intentions of admitting when you are wrong. Trust me, I've got a huge smile on my face knowing that the last two weeks of your insufferable posts should come to an end now that, as you said, you've got egg on your face.

RavShamrock
05-05-18, 05:08 PM
Still nothing!

Bloody boring actually

And Bodsy never tell me to lay off this tool again.

gotitans101_
05-05-18, 05:11 PM
Although he did call out Koni for his continued mistakes which are not NRL standard. Now we will see if he does something about it

but he basically said yeah but there's others that that can be blamed for that as well, Koni wears his heart on his sleeve etc etc zzzz

JunctionBlock
05-05-18, 05:16 PM
but he basically said yeah but there's others that that can be blamed for that as well, Koni wears his heart on his sleeve etc etc zzzz

He pointed at himself too so I hope he realises that he may have made some poor decisions the last couple of weeks and keeping players on a roster other than on form is probably the way to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Still nothing!

Bloody boring actually

And Bodsy never tell me to lay off this tool again.

*edit* photo removed (Diehard)

RavShamrock
05-05-18, 05:19 PM
Still Boring.
Lets talk footy shall we

JunctionBlock
05-05-18, 05:22 PM
Still Boring.
Lets talk footy shall we

Lets talk about do you think Cartwright is still the best option for 5/8.

RavShamrock
05-05-18, 05:28 PM
Did you watch the game? You said you didn't… but doesn't matter you are a true Tits fan right?

If this game hinged on Cartwright's performance at 5/8th or any one else playing there will do me.

JunctionBlock
05-05-18, 05:40 PM
I ask a genuine question, you give me lip. Didn't ask about the game, asked about Cartwright being the best option at 5/8.

Mr Bods
05-05-18, 05:41 PM
I ask a genuine question, you give me lip. Didn't ask about the game, asked about Cartwright being the best option at 5/8.

I’ll answer it I want Local Junior Kane Elgey as our 5/8th!!!

NZTITAN
05-05-18, 05:44 PM
I want Jackson Hastings at centre :rolf:

JunctionBlock
05-05-18, 05:46 PM

Me too.

Toads
05-05-18, 05:49 PM
*edit* Photo removed (Diehard)

Wow, hasn't this place progressed in my absence.

I thought we used to pride ourselves in having better standards than other grubby NRL fan forums. I guess we just joined them. Onya, JB.

RavShamrock
05-05-18, 05:56 PM

And thats fair enough Bodsy.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, hasn't this place progressed in my absence.

I thought we used to pride ourselves in having better standards than other grubby NRL fan forums. I guess we just joined them. Onya, JB.

Yeah probably should be pulled :laugh:

Mexican titan
05-05-18, 05:57 PM

Ok lads, I'm no moderator but I reckon you've both had a good say and taken it as far as it needs to go. Personally i enjoy reading all opinions but what makes this site a good one is that we are well above LU level.
We all want to see the titans do well and we will have different views as to what will get us there. Regardless of positional issues, what is clear is that this roster will not get us anywhere.

Mr Bods
05-05-18, 05:57 PM
Yeah can we get back to talking about our footy team
We are in a hell of a rut and have some footy issues to sort out

I’ve seen some of the rubbish that goes on between posters in the Drongoes Dogs and Eels forums and we are so far ahead of them

Mods can you consider how best to get the tone back to what it should be

HS/DB as always I’m hanging to read your post game thoughts and comments

Toads
05-05-18, 06:02 PM
Any links to Brennan's post match presser?

Dooldog76
05-05-18, 06:09 PM
I watched the game. And Cartwright was awful. I very rarely am super negative, but I thought it was a terrible decision to put him at 5/8. To be called hypocritical to voice this opinion is probably what has caused such robust debate amongst forum members. We are all entitled to opinions and I for one can’t wait for a real 5/8 to be playing in the position. Talking footy, Cartwright was carved up and had one direct missed tackle that led to a try. It reinforces my belief he should be an impact player off the bench. And he is not a 5/8.

- - - Updated - - -

AJ or Elgey should be in the team next week.

gotitans101_
05-05-18, 06:39 PM
Any links to Brennan's post match presser?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/05/titans-press-conference--round-9/

ozynorts
05-05-18, 07:01 PM
Ok lads, I'm no moderator but I reckon you've both had a good say and taken it as far as it needs to go. Personally i enjoy reading all opinions but what makes this site a good one is that we are well above LU level.
We all want to see the titans do well and we will have different views as to what will get us there. Regardless of positional issues, what is clear is that this roster will not get us anywhere.

Best post of the night

- - - Updated - - -

Go the Tits!

Why the fcck do you refer to the team as the tits??????? Gives me the ****s

Toads
05-05-18, 07:09 PM
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/05/titans-press-conference--round-9/

Cheers, mate.

RavShamrock
05-05-18, 08:06 PM
Best post of the night

- - - Updated - - -

Why the fcck do you refer to the team as the tits??????? Gives me the ****s

Out of respect to you Ozy or should I say Ozynorts, I shall never refer to the Titans as the Tits ever again (well not tonight anyway)

rj62
05-05-18, 09:32 PM
Would LG at half and Ash at 5/8 be worth a look.

Or can we at least let Brimson have a run. Surely Carty has tried and failed enough.

DIEHARD
05-05-18, 09:49 PM
I agree, one of the good things about our forum is that we keep a high standard compared to LU and social media. I understand we are frustrated by the form. But let's not let the place cave in. Let's keep it on track.

Upthetits
05-05-18, 09:55 PM
Well that escalated quickly.

NZTITAN
05-05-18, 10:24 PM
nah keep it going lads, JB v Ravs are the only Titans/Titans fanbase related content I actually look forward to nowadays

Titanic
06-05-18, 01:46 AM
The endless speculation about a limited roster is nearly as bad as the inept performances on the field. Until the team pulls together we may as well debate how many combinations can be formed from tweaking 27 players into 17 positions.

I am fast coming to the conclusion because of this summary of complaints on here:

(a) how can Taylor be so indecisive
(b) James be so ineffective
(c) Hurrell be ignored by other players
(d) our defence leak worse than a sieve
(e) Cartwright and Hurrell continue to be picked
(f) our 6th tackle options being worse than junior footy
(g) we can't fill our roster
(h) which miracle combination will save us

that our coaching staff are coated in teflon.

But in fact, the positives have been: Arrow, Gordon, King, Rein, Wallace, Copley, Fotuaki, Hipgrave, Boyle, Stockwell, Elliott, James, Peats, Don, Proctor and Taylor plus to a lesser extent Sami, Simpkins and Elgey. That leaves only Cartwright, Latu, TRD and Hurrell as being out and out busts ... and our execution is truly poor.

DavidBouveng
06-05-18, 09:32 AM
individually we have some good performers we just don't play like a team, and the attacking structures we had with Kane and Ash are totally non existent with Cartwright and we could have knocked off the sharks last week if we had some of that shape.

So rather than punishment, lets hope QCup gives Kane some confidence and he can come back in and go nuts. Not this week ( although he provided the last minutes match winning try assist to knock off the storm in the same match last year ) - give him a proper 4 weeks of Q Cup - the carty experiment is a bust at 5/8th.

Otherwise it is up to Garth to get us on the same page as a team.

On Koni - easy to drop him and he deserves to be dropped, but I think Koni will respond to faith more than punishment.. and sometimes you need to do whats best for the team and end result even if it goes against normal process of selection or non selection.

C-Whiz
06-05-18, 10:59 AM
I watched most of the game (turned off the first half after 20 minutes but came back after half time), and just read through the comments, most of it fair call, and part of it pure opinion.

Firstly, lets remember we ALL HAVE AN OPINION, and we all have our favourite players. I'm about to stick up for Konrad Hurrel, so wait for that one...

Anyway, what i have seen in here over the past decade is that forum members leave because they get shouted down for having an opinion or a personal preference that goes against the grain. Hundreds of people loved Will Zillman, and that's ok. I liked the guy, I thought he was a worth $200K a season on a 2 year contract. But people left this forum because they were harrassed for their PERSONAL OPINIONS. We can't do that. We can all put forward our view, even point out the facts, but if someone likes a player, then that's their choice and we need to accept the differences we all have. And remember, some forum members might be kids who want to tell us how much they love the worst player in the comp. Good for them. We need to discuss, not argue.

So, Konrad Hurrel. Koni. The big, loveable useless lump of meat that should just be standing on the edge being spoon fed the ball and making damaging runs. He went and tried to make something happen. And he's got hooves for hands. But when he's on he's about as exciting a player as we have out there. He was a goose today, but I'd take a useless goose who tries things to win games than big salary bludgers who go through the motions. We have been getting screwed over by roster issues since DCE, then Hayne, now a new coach. We really weren;t expecting to win the comp this year. Or next. Maybe top 8 in 2020. That'd be nice. But in the meantime we have to accept we are playing very ordinary footy, and we need to support EACH OTHER, because currently we are all that we have.

Titanic
06-05-18, 12:07 PM
Finally watched the presser and feel that Brennan handled it pretty well. He was obviously pretty disappointed, stuck it to the right areas but restrained himself using “now isn’t the right time” as a deflection. Good on him. I think Hurrell is on very thin ice.

Bayside Titan
06-05-18, 12:10 PM
I watched most of the game (turned off the first half after 20 minutes but came back after half time), and just read through the comments, most of it fair call, and part of it pure opinion.

Firstly, lets remember we ALL HAVE AN OPINION, and we all have our favourite players. I'm about to stick up for Konrad Hurrel, so wait for that one...

Anyway, what i have seen in here over the past decade is that forum members leave because they get shouted down for having an opinion or a personal preference that goes against the grain. Hundreds of people loved Will Zillman, and that's ok. I liked the guy, I thought he was a worth $200K a season on a 2 year contract. But people left this forum because they were harrassed for their PERSONAL OPINIONS. We can't do that. We can all put forward our view, even point out the facts, but if someone likes a player, then that's their choice and we need to accept the differences we all have. And remember, some forum members might be kids who want to tell us how much they love the worst player in the comp. Good for them. We need to discuss, not argue.

So, Konrad Hurrel. Koni. The big, loveable useless lump of meat that should just be standing on the edge being spoon fed the ball and making damaging runs. He went and tried to make something happen. And he's got hooves for hands. But when he's on he's about as exciting a player as we have out there. He was a goose today, but I'd take a useless goose who tries things to win games than big salary bludgers who go through the motions. We have been getting screwed over by roster issues since DCE, then Hayne, now a new coach. We really weren;t expecting to win the comp this year. Or next. Maybe top 8 in 2020. That'd be nice. But in the meantime we have to accept we are playing very ordinary footy, and we need to support EACH OTHER, because currently we are all that we have.

FIRST CLASS POST WHIZ.

Agree with everything you said. Some people have referenced LU forum in here of late. One thing to remember is LOT Forum is nothing like that. We are an inclusive zone not and excluding zone. Thank you Whiz for pointing out one thing I didn’t consider and it is that there could be young ones trying to come on here to talk about their favourite team in a safe environment , something I will remember going forward.

DIEHARD
06-05-18, 12:51 PM
Well said C Whiz. It is important to respect everyone's opinions and feelings. Sport isn't a science. And if someone has a different opinion, well it hardly affects the universe of anyone else.

Other NRL fans probably think we are all nuts for supporting the Gold Coast Titans. Think of it that way. And we are probably here for all kinds of reasons.

Mr Bods
06-05-18, 01:41 PM
Yep some awesome posts above....I love LOT because you get to talk to people who genuinely care for our club. That’s why I keep coming back. Let’s get back on track just like we want our team to do on the field.

DIEHARD
06-05-18, 01:44 PM
Yep some awesome posts above....I love LOT because you get to talk to people who genuinely care for our club. That’s why I keep coming back. Let’s get back on track just like we want our team to do on the field.

I think two things.

1. We all need to lift our game to have some nice robust but open discussion. We all need to do our part to maintain a good culture.

2. The best part of LoT was a lot of us catching up outside of the forum. We really should try and do that more. I'll be back for a couple months in July-September if anyone is keen, we could watch an away match on TV somewhere. We should probably aim for a few catch ups a year. Game days are mad and we all have our own responsibilities, so out side of that is best.

JunctionBlock
06-05-18, 03:46 PM
Apologies to anyone whom I offended last night. It won't happen again intentionally, not that it was intentional last night to bring the forum down. It was aimed at one person quite obviously.

Again, apologies.

teke
06-05-18, 04:07 PM
Dont worry. I think its great for the forum to release the shackles. It brings life to what is basically a dead forum.

NZTITAN
06-05-18, 05:39 PM
Apologies to anyone whom I offended last night. It won't happen again intentionally, not that it was intentional last night to bring the forum down. It was aimed at one person quite obviously.

Again, apologies.

Nonsense mate you were completely in the right.

RavShamrock
06-05-18, 05:41 PM
First up, yep egg on my face Cartwright didn't deliver (7 odd missed tackles just doesn't cut it).
But in saying that I'm going to stick by him and suggest he finds himself some mongrel. I do like the shape he provides and to me he complements our running forwards going to the defensive line. Yes he's currently under par but I think he is way better and can sharply improve.

This youg group were monstered in the first 20 and our halves were never provided a platform from which any ascendancy could be gained. We lost the linchpins of our pack in Wallace (14:12) and then Arrow (17:42) so what chance were we really. (As much as Peats was slagged on here earlier in the year we really are missing his game management and versatility.)

Moeaki Fotuaika surprised me alot and that was a brilliant debut.

I've said it before we really lack second phase play but when we do "wing it" we look good. (Come on Brennan push for that entertainment space you portrayed to us).

Toads
06-05-18, 05:51 PM
Great post as usual, Wiz.

Good onya, JB. Many spineless twats wouldn't offer up a apology. That there is a display of a quality person.

I think Brennan summed up our effort best with "Not up to NRL standards". The sooner that sinks into our squad the better. That said, losing Wallace & Arrow early didn't help our cause.

rj62
06-05-18, 06:41 PM
Most teams celebrate a try big time high fives back slapping hugs all round - take a look at our guys in this game. Walk over to pat them on the back barely a smile. Body language speaks volumes.

Whilst Cartwright hasn’t performed in his non preferred role at 5/8 I actually feel there is more to his current mental state. I’ve not seen the guy smile since being here on or off the field.

I’ve no doubt he will be of value to us - in what capacity is yet to be seen though I really do hope he is getting his off field stuff in order

Toads
06-05-18, 06:53 PM
Tend to agree, rj62. Something doesn't seem quite right with him still. Probably needs some more genuine time away from the game to get himself right.

Titanic
06-05-18, 06:55 PM
Losing attracts its own culture and heartbreaking errors add to that. Hurrell can take responsibility for that; yes others drop the ball or throw wild passes but none as often and in such critical positions on the field. The Warriors have learnt not to “baby” the Poly’s and nor should we. He directly stopped our momentum and gifted them the try that broke us. If Copley is ready then bring him in and surely if we can play an 18 year old prop then Brimson deserves his shot.

rj62
07-05-18, 11:53 AM

Again, apologies.

No need