PDA

View Full Version : Round 4: BRONCOS vs TITANS (2018)

Pages : [1] 2

DIEHARD
17-03-18, 12:19 PM
4:30pm, 1 April 2018 Suncorp Stadium

Tickets: CLICK HERE TO BUY (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=BRON0418)

DIEHARD
17-03-18, 12:21 PM
Anniversary of start Super League War. Also delighted to have a Sunday game, should be a massive crowd.

Not too happy with how the Broncos are advertising "The Local Derby" though. I want fire and brimstone.

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/18.1.jpg

DIEHARD
24-03-18, 04:00 PM
Big big big game coming and it's on a Sunday too. Broncos fans will come out in force and we need a big Titans support base up there.

DIEHARD
24-03-18, 04:01 PM
Tickets from http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=BRON0418

DIEHARD
24-03-18, 04:02 PM
Prelim Kick Off: 4:00pm
Box Office: 3:30pm
Gates Open: 3:45pm
Corporate Gates: 3:45pm
Kick Off: 6:30pm

gotitans101_
24-03-18, 04:18 PM
This game is on Fox only as well. Shows what Ch9 thinks of this 'derby', though I can't blame them since when is the last time we beat the Broncos?

DIEHARD
24-03-18, 04:46 PM
This game is on Fox only as well. Shows what Ch9 thinks of this 'derby', though I can't blame them since when is the last time we beat the Broncos?

Very sad. :(

Mr Bods
24-03-18, 05:11 PM
Very sad. :(

What year was it when we beat the Drongoes at home where Mead scored a 100m try? That might have been it. I reckon that’s about 4 years ago.

DIEHARD
24-03-18, 05:54 PM
What year was it when we beat the Drongoes at home where Mead scored a 100m try? That might have been it. I reckon that’s about 4 years ago.

Round 20, 2012 Gold Coast Titans 14 v Brisbane 10 at Skilled Park

?

Mr Bods
24-03-18, 06:17 PM
^^^ that would be it
Bloody hell where have all the years gone
6 years that was
Jesus Wept

BundyTitan
24-03-18, 06:40 PM

That one was in round 6 2014 where Sezer scored the match winner and we beat them 12-8

Mr Bods
24-03-18, 07:42 PM
^^^ thanks heaps for that
That makes much more sense to me that game
Yeah that’s the one I was thinking of
It was low scoring

Mr Bods
25-03-18, 08:16 PM
We are so up against it here and need to improve beyond all comprehension to win this
Having said that.....after 4 rounds you must be at least 2W 2L to be a shot at it .

So here we go people we can’t be 1W 3L after round 4...

This is a “MINI GF”!

RavShamrock
25-03-18, 08:44 PM
If we run out the same side as this week we are dusted. No doubt

Mr Bods
26-03-18, 06:52 PM
Heavy soul searching and regrouping today at Parkwood.
This week if we are to be a top 8 contender is a 100% win or bust game.
This Sunday night will be The Sweetest Win of all.

gothabull
26-03-18, 07:16 PM
Heavy soul searching and regrouping today at Parkwood.
This week if we are to be a top 8 contender is a 100% win or bust game.
This Sunday night will be The Sweetest Win of all.

Yes mate 100 percent no excuses ,we need a siege mentality, I will always support the team but they cannot ever give up!

BundyTitan
27-03-18, 03:14 PM
1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Dale Copley, 4 Konrad Hurrell, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 Kane Elgey, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Will Matthews 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Max King, 16 Bryce Cartwright, 17 Leilani Latu

Reserves: 18 Morgan Boyle, 19 Ryan Simpkins, 20 AJ Brimson, 21 Tyronne Roberts-Davis

Bryce Cartwright has been dropped to the bench, with Will Matthews starting in the back row, Jai Arrow shifting to lock and Ryan James moving to prop. Keegan Hipgrave is suspended for one match, replaced on the bench by Max King, while Morgan Boyle drops out of the 17.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a better looking team this week. That middle with Dark moving back in field and Arrow moving to lock too is much improved. Should wake Cartwright up and hopefully he can come on and provide some spark around the tired middles. And Boyle has sadly not been up to standard with Max King outshining him. Hopefully see some improvement this week (hopefully being the word).

indoallstars
27-03-18, 03:35 PM
I quite like that team, with Jai arrow at lock and Will Mathews starting. Still not sure about the Elgey conundrum, don't want to see Cartwright in 5/8, but don't think it is smart to blood AJ whilst we are performing poorly.

Mr Bods
27-03-18, 03:48 PM
I think it’s a terrible shame that after a full summer of working on having James/LG combining on the Left Edge that the Coach has had to give that plan up after only 3 rounds.

It reflects very poorly on Boyle, Cartwright, Latu and Peats in particular who through their pitifully weak efforts in the engine room have resulted in us having to resort to a reactionary game plan.

I would like this to be a Brennan mind game and that come kick off there’s a late change with Matthews going to the bench, James to 2nd row, Cartwright (who’s getting very close to becoming my next whipping boy) staying on the bench and King starting the game at prop.

gotitans101_
27-03-18, 04:01 PM
Better team but Elgey needs to go.

Hail Sezer
27-03-18, 04:09 PM
Better team but Elgey needs to go.

Much better team

Agree that Elg is struggling but who do we bring in? Brimson? He needs to show he can be dominant in cup first IMO. Tweed are yet to win a game...

JunctionBlock
27-03-18, 04:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/PDhmXDz.png

Few out for the Donkeys too. Fingers crossed.

TitansFan
27-03-18, 04:43 PM
I think we have been exposed as having a worrying lack of depth in the halves. Someone else needs to be in that 6 jersey. But who?
Sorry to say it but Elgey is not up to the job in defence and attack. He seems to have lost all self confidence.

RavShamrock
27-03-18, 05:59 PM
Well TitsFan you will find LG will get hooked pretty quick if he resembles anything like last weeks performance and Carty will get the next shot at 6.
Not saying it is a great option (could turn out to be) but our only realistic option at this stage.
Anyways, heres hoping LG as the best game of his life...

Titanic
27-03-18, 07:49 PM
Re-sign Cullen now - at least he had a dig.

Mr Bods
27-03-18, 08:10 PM
Badel just wrote an article trying to push us off the GC and be the 2nd club in Brisbane.

I’m putting it in here because I see it purely as a CM effort to destabilise our club and team going into Sunday’s game.

Mr Bods
27-03-18, 08:27 PM
Making the Titans Brisbane's second NRL club could be one way to save the franchise’s future

WHEN he stepped into the furnace that is life as the ARL Commission chairman, Peter Beattie made a compelling statement about the NRL’s need to expand or die.

The ARL Commission would be prudent to consider another option — relocation.

Specifically, the code’s decision-makers should consider shifting the Gold Coast licence to establish a second NRL team in Brisbane.

This is not a knee-jerk reaction to the Titans’ 54-8 loss to the Dragons last week in Toowoomba. Most teams cop a hammering at some point.

CONTENDERS: Where should the NRL expand?

BENCHED: Brennan backs demoted Cartwright

Ashley Taylor walks off after the Dragons rout. (AAP Image/Darren England)
The Titans will bounce back on the field, but whether they can truly flourish off it is the million-dollar question.

If the governing body is serious about maximising the potential of the NRL, it needs to consider the geographical challenges of the Gold Coast and the more prosperous opportunities in Brisbane.

As it stands, the Titans are a financial basket case.

And in a Gold Coast region littered with carcasses from a coterie of top-level sports, no one can table a bulletproof argument that the area is commercially fertile enough to sustain an NRL team.

Coach Garth Brennan is already under pressure. (Jason O'Brien/Getty Images)
I truly hope the club’s new owners Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly prove me wrong because they, along with CEO Graham Annesley and chairman Dennis Watt, are clever operators with a desire to succeed on the Gold Coast.

But if the Titans can’t turn a profit before the next TV deal in 2023, the NRL should close the doors and shift the licence to Brisbane.

Cold, hard figures underscore the struggle ahead for Frizelle and Kelly.

Last year, the Titans lost $3.17 million. Since 2014, they have haemorrhaged $12.62m.

This season, they will post another deficit, albeit significantly smaller given the generous $12.3 million grant from the NRL to each of the 16 clubs.

What would long-suffering Gold Coast fans make of it? (Scott Fletcher)
Where the red ink stops is anyone’s guess, but the one certainty is this: Brisbane is a bigger, more populated and more commercially robust market than the Gold Coast.

Surely someone on the ARL Commission can see the absurdity in the NRL possessing just one team — the Brisbane Broncos — in Queensland’s most populous city.

Brisbane is home to 2.2 million people. The Gold Coast has a population of 577,000, many of whom are transient types more concerned with the bright lights and sights of Cavill Avenue.

Brisbane’s only team, the Broncos, last year posted record revenue of $42 million.

That figure suggests there is untapped millions and a slew of sponsorship opportunities for a second Brisbane team compared to the corporate battle the Titans wage every year.

If the NRL is concerned about losing a turf war with the AFL on the Gold Coast, they need not worry.

The AFL’s Suns have the bark and bite of a French poodle, relying on ludicrous handouts from the AFL ($25 million last year) just to maintain some semblance of a heartbeat.

The Suns’ threat is minimal, and harnessed anyway by their existence in a smaller market. Two NRL clubs in Brisbane, boasting three times as many people as the Gold Coast, would ostensibly crush the AFL’s Lions in the more critical southeast Queensland sector.

Of course, winning is a vital currency, and the Titans have lost their mojo.

Since making the 2010 preliminary final, they have won just 64 of 172 games. Only Newcastle have won fewer games (62) over the same seven-year period.

The time is now for the Titans to put their stamp on the Gold Coast.

Otherwise, the NRL should walk away forever and give the Broncos a true competitor.

- - - Updated - - -

I seriously don’t Understand why we cooperate with Badel and the CM
I’d ban them and only talk to The Bulletin and Local TV Station Reporters and Sydney Media.

I’d publicise it too so that it’s well known.

I mean FFS we just got new owners, new Coach, new board, new staff and it’s Round 3 and they are at it already.

Ausphin
27-03-18, 08:41 PM
F U Badel.

Anyway, good to see we have a coach who can see some of our issues and is not scared to address them. It is a welcome change.

Most here have been critical of Latu, and given our limited middle forwards he didn't have many options but to shift James. Also Arrow at lock will tighten up a lot around the middle. Brennan was prepared to bench 2 of his big signings from Panthers so no playing favourites.

Also prefer King over Boyle.

teke
27-03-18, 11:42 PM
Once again it's up to the Titans to play the Donkeys into form :ugh:

gothabull
28-03-18, 12:14 AM

we take alot of **** as titans fans

- - - Updated - - -

i know the boys can do something special ,in my heart they just need to back each other

- - - Updated - - -

fu badel

JunctionBlock
28-03-18, 06:01 AM

It's hard to play a head to head game with teams that cheat the cap.

ozynorts
28-03-18, 06:59 AM
It's hard to play a head to head game with teams that cheat the cap.

Under the current system mate they are complying with the cap....... Third party deals are the issue..... the NRL needs to ban them

JunctionBlock
28-03-18, 10:08 AM
Under the current system mate they are complying with the cap....... Third party deals are the issue..... the NRL needs to ban them

It was aimed at Teke with the Manly avatar plus aimed at the Broncos whom I don't believe are cap compliant for one second. It's not the monopoly on third party deals I have the issue with as much as the brown paper bags or the leagues club jobs for cousin johnny or their spouses etc.

Mexican titan
28-03-18, 11:38 AM
It was aimed at Teke with the Manly avatar plus aimed at the Broncos whom I don't believe are cap compliant for one second. It's not the monopoly on third party deals I have the issue with as much as the brown paper bags or the leagues club jobs for cousin johnny or their spouses etc.

I agree that cap cheating must be punished and that is what Manly have copped. They have chased this Manly stuff for over 12 months and fair enough.......but with the Broncos, Andrew Gee wouldn't be interviewed. Well that's ok we'll just forget it.
It gets me that Manly get chased over third party stuff (which is fair enough) but the Broncos can get away with paying blokes well under market value and have a stack of third party deals to keep blokes. Even if they do it above board it isn't a level playing field.

DIEHARD
28-03-18, 12:28 PM
Just noticed, curtain raiser for this is Norths Devils vs Wynnum Manly Seagulls.

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/28.1.jpg

DIEHARD
28-03-18, 12:33 PM
http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/28.2.jpg

DIEHARD
28-03-18, 12:49 PM
Cartwright not out of mix for a Titans start
http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

TITANS coach Garth Brennan insists Bryce Cartwright is not on the outer after axing the big-money Gold Coast recruit to the bench for Sunday’s derby against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.

Just a month into his premiership campaign, Cartwright has hit turbulent waters at his new club, with the former Panther relegated to interchange in the wake of last week’s 54-8 drubbing by the Dragons.

But Brennan yesterday rallied in support of Cartwright, admitting he is to blame for asking the utility to play a new tactical role at the Titans before he was ready for its demands.

Traditionally an edge player, Cartwright has been shifted by Brennan into the midfield and he has felt the pinch, missing a game-high six tackles in the Dragons mauling in Toowoomba.

Brennan says Cartwright needs time to find his feet at the Titans and believes dropping him to the bench can help the 23-year-old gradually learn his coach’s tactical plan.

“After three weeks in the starting side, I think Bryce needs a freshen up off the bench,” Brennan said.

“It was probably a but unfair on Bryce to throw him in like I did.

“Combine that with picking him in at five-eighth against the Warriors (following halfback Ash Taylor’s late withdrawal due to injury), and I haven’t done the right thing by Bryce since he’s been here.

“The workload is phenomenal in the middle and he wasn’t ready for it. In an ideal world, I wanted to ease him in.”

DIEHARD
28-03-18, 01:42 PM
How Bennett almost ended, and saved, Garth Brennan's career
http://www.nrl.com

Wayne Bennett is the man that almost ended Garth Brennan's coaching career. He's also the man that saved it.

It was 2012, and the seven-time premiership-winning coach had just been sworn in as the saviour under the Nathan Tinkler-led Newcastle Knights.

The previous season Brennan had led the club's under 20s to their first semi-final appearance. Six months later, he was being told by the man he idolised that there was no longer a coaching role for him at the club.

That's when Phil Gould called and offered him a chance at the Penrith Panthers, where the now Gold Coast Titans coach would go on to serve an apprenticeship to rival any other in the game.

"There were times, yeah, where I was dirty on Newcastle," Brennan told NRL.com as he prepares to square off against Bennett for the first time in Sunday's derby at Suncorp Stadium.

"There were times I would be cursing having to get back in the car and drive two and a half hours to Penrith thinking 'why couldn't have Wayne kept me? Why couldn't I work with Wayne Bennett'.

"Newcastle was home. I'd been a Newcastle boy all my life. The reality that I had to move, that I had to move away from my wife and my kids. Did I really want to do that? Did I want to go back into the police and give this football dream away?"

How Bennett's rejection saved Brennan

He was beginning to feel sorry for himself, but Brennan's wife Rachel, who was juggling running a successful law firm and raising three children, helped him through it.

"My wife was the one who turned around and said: 'Garth get over it. It's the best thing that's ever happened for you'. For her to say that, who it was affecting more than anyone, made me realise 'you're right, it was the best thing that ever happened to me'.

"It gave me another lease on life. If I had stayed at Newcastle, I wouldn't be sitting here today, I believe. I respect Wayne and appreciate what he's done for me, forcing me to make a decision and move on and make a choice has actually helped me become a better coach."

There's no denying Brennan's disappointment at the time, especially given the excitement he had about working with the coach he considers the greatest of all time.

But he understood this was the nature of the beast. And at the end of 2017, when he was appointed as Neil Henry's successor at the Titans, he did to others what Bennett did to him six years ago.

"I have no resentment towards Wayne. I've done the same thing now that I'm a head coach," he said.

"I've brought my people in. That's the way of the industry we work in. It can be cruel. I can't be critical because I certainly did the same thing. You want the people you can trust and the people you can work with, because you need results.

"I was disappointed, no doubt about it. For someone I had looked up to for so long, I was really hoping to work with Wayne as a coach, but it wasn't meant to be. I got to work with Gus (Phil Gould), who has made me who I am today."

For six years, Brennan spent hundreds of nights away from the family home. Thousands of hours on the road travelling between Newcastle and Penrith in pursuit of a head coaching role in the Telstra Premiership.

He sacrificed a lot, earning the admiration and respect of Gould, who was pivotal in helping Brennan secure a job with the Titans.

NRL Holden Women's Premiership

Brennan never lost sight of what was truly important.

"I would have walked away tomorrow. At the end of the day family is first for me," he said.

"If it got to the stage where I have to choose between my wife and kids or coaching and rugby league - it's a no-brainer. My wife and my kids will always come first. If it had have got to the stage where Rachel said you can't do this anymore, I would have walked away. But I knew the support I had from her - and my mum and dad are my biggest fans."

Throughout many of Brennan's 18 years in the police force prior to his coaching days, he spent most shifts in a patrol car.

It gave him a sense of appreciation.

"I remember Sterlo saying years ago, find your passion, make it your job and you'll never work a day in your life," Brennan said.

"I used to drive in a car for two and a half hours, but there are police officers going to work getting shot at, spat at, abused and yelled at for eight hours. I'm sitting in the car listening to the radio or talking to mates - hands free of course."

DIEHARD
28-03-18, 01:45 PM
Broncos v Titans: Sims to start, Cartwright benched

Maybe they had a bit of luck in golden point, but the Brisbane Broncos made it two from three with last week's 9-7 defeat of the Tigers. Belted by the Dragons in round one, Brisbane now have their defence in order. There are concerns for their side, however, with both Corey Oates (hip) and Tevita Pangai Jr. (hamstring) facing at least a week on the sidelines.

The Gold Coast Titans were abysmal in last Sunday's 54-8 trouncing from the Dragons but, aside from a 54-0 drubbing in round 22 last year, have a knack for rising to the occasion against their Queensland rivals.

Brisbane Broncos v Gold Coast Titans, 6.30pm (7.30pm AEDT) Sunday at Suncorp Stadium

The key match-up: The battle in the centres between Broncos flyer James Roberts and Titans powerhouse Konrad Hurrell is a classic contrast of speed versus strength. If the Titans re-produce the same sloppy defensive effort that led to the thrashing from the Dragons, Roberts could have a day out.

For the Broncos to win: First and foremost they can't just show up expecting the Titans to roll over. If Brisbane defend as strongly as they have in their past two wins, they should have too much attacking firepower.

For the Titans to win: It all starts with attitude and self-belief that they aren't as bad as last week's horror show suggests. Atonement will be a strong motivating factor but will only get them so far if they don't put in a serious 80-minute effort against their big-city rivals.

Broncos stat attack: In 25 meetings with the Titans, the Broncos have won 18, lost five and drawn twice. They have out-scored Gold Coast 606 to 351 in those clashes.

Titans stat attack: The Titans have scored 46 points in three games to Brisbane's 45 in 2018, but their 102 points conceded is the worst in the competition.

And another thing: Look for Titans halfback Ash Taylor to have a big game against his former club after his ineffectual performance against the Dragons.

Home Team Broncos Odds $1.23
Away Team Titans Odds $4.35

Venue: Suncorp Stadium

Match broadcasters: Fox League

Broncos: 1 Darius Boyd (c), 2 Jonus Pearson, 3 James Roberts, 19 Jack Bird, 5 Jamayne Isaako, 6 Anthony Milford, 7 Kodi Nikorima, 8 Matthew Lodge, 9 Andrew McCullough, 10 Korbin Sims, 11 Alex Glenn, 12 Matt Gillett, 13 Josh McGuire

Interchange: 14 Sam Thaiday, 15 Joe Ofahengaue, 16 Tom Opacic, 17 Jaydn Su'A.

Reserves: 18 Todd Murphy, 19 Sam Tagataese, 20 Gehamat Shibasaki, 21 Patrick Mogo

Corey Oates (hip) and Tevita Pangai Jnr (hamstring) are out, with Jonus Pearson and Korbin Sims starting in their place and Jaydn Su'A joining the bench.

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Dale Copley, 4 Konrad Hurrell, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 Kane Elgey, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Will Matthews 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Max King, 16 Bryce Cartwright, 17 Leilani Latu

Reserves: 18 Morgan Boyle, 19 Ryan Simpkins, 20 AJ Brimson, 21 Tyronne Roberts-Davis

Bryce Cartwright has been dropped to the bench, with Will Matthews starting in the back row, Jai Arrow shifting to lock and Ryan James moving to prop. Keegan Hipgrave is suspended for one match, replaced on the bench by Max King, while Morgan Boyle drops out of the 17.

Head-to-head: 25 matches, Broncos 18 wins, Titans 5 wins, 2 draws.

Matches at venue: 13 matches, Broncos 12 wins, Titans 1 win.

Last five head-to-head: Broncos 5 wins, Titans 0 wins.

2017 results: Broncos won 24-22 in round 7, Broncos win 54-0 in round 22.

Points per game: Broncos 15, Titans 15.3.

Points conceded per game: Broncos 20.3, Titans 34

Televised: Live on Nine, Fox League

DIEHARD
28-03-18, 01:46 PM
Gee they don't write much in these reviews anymore do they.

RavShamrock
28-03-18, 04:42 PM
It states in the review that channel 9 is broadcasting.
Does anyone know if this correct?

DIEHARD
28-03-18, 04:50 PM
It states in the review that channel 9 is broadcasting.
Does anyone know if this correct?

The TV guide Im looking at is only showing Dragons v Knights. :/

Bayside Titan
28-03-18, 04:54 PM
I don’t want Mondays Newspaper Headline to read “ Titans Play Broncos Into Form. “. That’s all I ask for.

RavShamrock
28-03-18, 05:54 PM
I was just taking a freash look at the teams lists and I think our bench looks potentially better.
The bench seams to be more and more influential these days on the outcome so maybe we can pull some confidence from this.
Yep, starting to talk myself up for this which is usually a good sign we are a chance.

Mr Bods
28-03-18, 06:54 PM
^^^ RVS get ready for the sweetest win in our clubs history on Sunday night. It’s coming.

Upthetits
28-03-18, 09:00 PM
I was confident about the dragons game and we all know how that went, didn't expect to win but thought at least would be 6 or less. If they give Roberts early ball I feel we may constantly be playing catch up, feel like we need to score first...I hope like hell we win this but I will be watching expecting the worst.

Hopefully with this new look middle there will be better defensive reads so we won't be caught out wide so much. If not the low life may end up with a hat trick...

DIEHARD
29-03-18, 09:26 AM
Walters call for faith in halves

BRISBANE playmakers Anthony Milford and Kodi Nikorima’s early-season resurgence should be a blueprint for Titans counterparts Ash Taylor and Kane Elgey to get their side’s season back on track, according to Queensland coach Kevin Walters.

Taylor and Elgey’s performances were criticised during Gold Coast’s Toowoomba meltdown in which they were clobbered 54-8 by St George Illawarra at the weekend.

The Broncos halves duo came under intense scrutiny after their first-up loss to the Dragons three weeks ago but the doubters have backed off after consecutive wins.

Walters, in his dual position as Brisbane assistant coach, saw first-hand how they rebounded.

“The pressure on these players goes with the territory when you are playing in the halves,” he said ahead of the M1 Derby at Suncorp Stadium on the night of Easter Sunday.

“It was on Milford and Nikorima ... when a team isn’t performing well, in the old days they used to blame the wingers but now they seem to blame the halves.

“That’s just modern day rugby league. How they handle that now – only speaking from Kodi and Anthony’s behalf, they worked really hard and continue to work hard to try to improve their game.

“As long as (Taylor and Elgey) are doing that, I’m sure that’s going to keep the coaching staff reasonably happy.”

Walters went as far as to label the Titans’ six and seven “as good as any going around” and leapt to the defence of offcontract Elgey, who has been a constant target of fans since returning from a knee injury last year.

“Kane is a good young player,” Walters said.

“He has shown that at different stages throughout his career and I think that everyone needs to be reminded that it is only Round 4 of 26 in the NRL.”

The southeast Queensland rival clubs have often had nailbiting derbies, including Brisbane’s 24-22 great escape at Suncorp Stadium last April.

Walters was shocked by Gold Coast’s heavy defeat to the Dragons and is expecting them to bounce back from both that and their 54-0 crushing by the Broncos last August.

“Regardless of the results of the season or where the teams are on the ladder, it’s always one of those games where you throw all that out and you just go and play some footy – not dissimilar to the Broncos-Cowboys games,” he said.

DIEHARD
29-03-18, 09:42 AM
Ash Taylor pleads for patience under new Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan
http://www.foxsports.com.au

STAR half Ash Taylor has urged Titans fans to keep faith in rookie coach Garth Brennan and his team but warned against expecting a “miracle” turnaround against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday evening.
Still reeling from a 54-8 thrashing at the hands of the Dragons, the Titans are facing a Brisbane side that have won the past seven southeast Queensland derbies to the accumulated tune of 228-90.

Taylor is yet to taste success in four games he has played against the club where he made his NRL debut in 2015 but is adamant that Brennan is building a team capable of challenging the premiership’s best sides.

In order to rectify some alarming defensive deficiencies in the middle of the field Brennan has moved Bryce Cartwright to the bench, Jai Arrow from prop to lock and captain Ryan James from the back row to the front row to again partner Jarrod Wallace upfront.

During the pre-season Brennan promised that his team would be one that never gives in and despite the lopsided nature of last Sunday’s scoreline, Taylor said it was cohesion and not effort that was lacking.

“Obviously it’s a new structure and we’re still putting things in place and we’re learning as we go,” Taylor told foxsports.com.au.

“To turn the tide this early in the season would be asking for a miracle. We’re working on things and we’re going to keep getting better as a team.

“I can tell you now that we’re not short of effort, if anyone is questioning that.

“We’re a new team. We can’t just turn up in the first round and perform the first three rounds and be a premiership threat. As our coach says, it’s a marathon, it’s not a 100m sprint race.

Ben Ikin, Nathan Ryan and Ben Glover are joined by Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe to chat about the club’s incredible transformation on and off the field.

“We’ve had two minor setbacks in our last two performances but we know we can be a team that can threaten the competition. We just have to go out there and prove it on the field.

“The effort’s there, we’re always trying but the stuff we’re trying comes off sometimes and doesn’t come off other times.

“We’ve just got to be a little bit patient and have faith in Garth and us players that we will turn it around in the near future.”

Brennan worked with Taylor in a mentoring role before he was appointed as the third head coach in Titans history last October and is seeking to translate a faultless lower grade resume into NRL success.

His young half said the new coach has been simply disappointed that what they showed in the second half against Canberra in Round 1 has not been repeated in the two games since.

“All coaches have their traits. Garth is just more disappointed than anything because we have shown him the respect of how we can play when we do play,” Taylor said.

“We’ve been off a bit the last two weeks and I think he’s just disappointed because he knows that scoreline shouldn’t be the way it was.

“We’re still trying hard and making the effort, we just need to fix up some minor details.

“The last two games doesn’t reflect us as a team and what we want to achieve as a team.”

LIVE stream every 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership game on FOX SPORTS. Get your free 2-week Foxtel Now trial & start watching in minutes. SIGN UP NOW >

Brennan reiterated his belief that the effort was there against St George Illawarra — albeit somewhat misplaced at times — and that trust between players will bring better results.

“The more players know each other, the more they can rely on each other and know they’re going to be there to back them up if there’s a mistake in the defensive line,” said Brennan.

“That comes with time. It’s the players getting to know each other. Whether on the field, off the field or in life, it takes a while to earn someone’s trust and there are some new structures in place that players are still getting to know.

“It’s going to take a little bit of time and it showed on the weekend.”

DIEHARD
29-03-18, 09:47 AM
Milford, Bird show
http://www.fijitimes.com

THE 'Milford and Bird Show' is about to have a second showing and rehearsals are underway for what the Brisbane Broncos hope will be a blockbuster double act.

At Brisbane Broncos training on Monday, five-eighth Anthony Milford and left centre Jack Bird spent time in a specialised mini-session together as they worked on their combination with assistant coach Kevin Walters ahead of Sunday night's Telstra Premiership clash with the Gold Coast Titans.

The Broncos are banking on the pair becoming a devastating left-side attacking force with Bird's involvement, support play and competitive nature viewed as the perfect complement to Milford's running game and off-the-cuff style.

Milford and Bird both spent significant slabs of the pre-season in rehab or in training away from the main group and have played just once together. That was last Friday night's 9-7 win over the Wests Tigers.

Milford spoke to NRL.com after being in deep conversation with Bird on the training paddock where the duo fine-tuned the timing of several attacking manoeuvres.

"I've spoken to Jack about letting me know what he wants, when he wants it and what his strengths are," Milford said.

"I've been picking his brain so that we can build a good partnership together, and hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

"He's a quality player. He's won a premiership and played Origin. He's a high-class athlete and a big competitor, so I'm looking forward to him getting back to his best and building a combination with him."

"I thought he did a really good job on Friday night and we need him to do the same against Konnie ."

Bird has been a right side player for most of his career but is resigned to the fact that James Roberts has the right centre position nailed down at the Broncos.

"I did put my hand up to play left centre even though I haven't played on the left before, and I am happy to play there because Jimmy plays on the right," Bird told NRL.com.

"I felt comfortable against the Tigers and as time goes on, hopefully, I will feel even comfortable on that left side.

"Me and Milly have put in a lot of extra work practising our combinations and we still have some things to work on, but we will only get better."

NRL.com columnist and Broncos legend Steve Renouf carved out a stellar career as a centre for the club and said there were key reasons why the Milford/Bird partnership could be a winner.

Titanic
29-03-18, 10:15 AM
Taylor says we shouldn’t judge them by their performances and that’s very good advice. I usually judge them by which side moss grows on a tree ... fairdinkum.

DIEHARD
29-03-18, 02:36 PM
Broncos prop Matt lodge misses training with illness ahead of Titans clash
http://www.couriermail.com.au

BRONCOS forward Matt Lodge is expected to be cleared for Sunday’s derby clash with the Titans, despite missing training through a mystery illness.

Lodge and centre James Roberts were missing from Thursday morning’s session at Red Hill, but a Broncos spokesman said both will be fine to play on Sunday.

Roberts was absent due to a personal matter, while controversial prop Lodge did warm up with the Broncos before cutting his morning short.

It is understood he was not allowed to run due to a minor medical procedure related to the mystery illness he suffered ahead of Round 1.

The Broncos spokespeman said Lodge will be fine to play on Sunday, while teammate Sam Thaiday alluded that the illness was a private matter.

“I don’t want to say why he didn’t train today,” Thaiday said.

“It’s a sore back door ... I’ll just leave it at that.”

Thaiday himself has also been cleared for the showdown, after suffering a head knock against the Tigers last Friday.

“I was nursed through the first couple of days of training but feeling really good,” Thaiday said this morning.

“I got through the session today and we’ll do a little bit more on Saturday, more contact and stuff. I’ll be ready to go Sunday.

“I was a bit dizzy (on Friday). I can’t overly remember too much of what happened but I’ve been through all the protocols now and ticked all the boxes with the doctors.

“I’ll make sure I protect myself a little bit more this time.”

DIEHARD
30-03-18, 04:23 PM
Boyd reveals secret weapon to defuse Taylor bombs

The Brisbane Broncos are expecting an aerial bombardment from Ash Taylor on Sunday night but catching sessions with a high-tech ball machine have them ready to defuse any towering floaters.

Broncos captain Darius Boyd and retired winger Jharal Yow Yeh have told NRL.com about the extra confidence the back three at the club, in particular, have gained from the sessions leading into the Suncorp Stadium clash with the Gold Coast Titans.

The ball machine sessions are the brainchild of assistant coach Kurt Richards who has studied the hang time of bombs sent up by the likes of Nathan Cleary, Cooper Cronk and Taylor. But this machine can send them up even higher.

Boyd and wingers Jamayne Isaako and Jonus Pearson are set to be the beneficiaries of the sessions when Taylor peppers the skies on Sunday.

"Our funny ball machine flips out these massive kicks that go 40, 50 and 60 metres in the air that are hard to catch and they go twice as high as what someone could probably kick a ball," Boyd told NRL.com.

"There's the sheer height of it, the way it comes down, and a bit of wind can make it quite tough, so the boys have got a lot of confidence out of catching them.

"When a game comes and they only go up half as high you feel like you are going to catch them.

"Ash Taylor is very good at those high kicks and we watched how Benji [Marshall] was putting up some spirals and floaters from the last few rounds and we spoke about our positioning for that. I thought we handled most of the [Wests] Tigers kicks pretty well, so the machine has been a big help."

Yow Yeh has worked closely with the Broncos wingers and done sessions himself with the machine, where the training replicates game conditions.

"Ash Taylor's strength is predominantly his kicking game and putting up what we wingers call floaters, which are very hard to catch when they are coming down at a rate of knots," Yow Yeh said.

"Richo has done a great job with the boys because when they use that ball machine at training they have people coming at them and Richo has the tackling bags out and puts pressure on them at the same time.

"At the end of a set of six it could mean the result in a game if someone drops the ball, or you end up defending your line."

The Broncos have given 22-year-old Pearson his 10th NRL game and Yow Yeh said he was outstanding under the high ball.

"I think he brings a bit of an X-factor to the team," Yow Yeh said.

"I don’t think we've seen all of what Jonus has to offer yet. He is still growing as a player and just needs more time in the NRL. I am really excited to see where he can go from here."

DIEHARD
30-03-18, 04:27 PM
Gordon: This is not the time to panic

The Gold Coast Titans players have had some "truth sessions" this week but veteran fullback Michael Gordon insists the club is not in crisis.

The 54-8 drubbing at the hands of the St George Illawarra Dragons last week has many pundits wondering whether the Titans are set for another poor season under new coach Garth Brennan. But Gordon said he had been around long enough to know having 50 points scored against you in round three is not the death knell for a season.

"It was obviously a disappointing game on the weekend but it is not panic stations," Gordon told NRL.com.

"I don’t feel like we are in crisis, but if we dish up anything like that again we'd need to address it straight away.

"Everyone was clear about what went wrong and how to fix it.

"I know every time I've been in a side that has been beaten like that the focus the next week at training is pretty easy.

"Generally the team rarely backs up with another performance like that. We'll turn up ready to play this week."

As the fullback Gordon's role is to marshall the troops in defence with talk.

"Once you start getting scores like that and are behind the posts the talk becomes meaningless after a while," he said.

"It is a hard one during a game, but once you sit down and analyse it with the group you can pinpoint where things went wrong."

There has been plenty of that this week. Brennan has had a serious truth session with his men behind closed doors where the microscope was put on everything. It was not just one or two who needed to be pulled into gear ahead of Sunday night's Telstra Premiership clash with the Brisbane Broncos.

"The coach put everyone on show, not just one or two, because everyone had poor misses or reads in the game and when that is happening it is never a good thing," Gordon said.

"Everyone took their medicine, as you do."

"We are people who take a lot of pride in what we do and that wasn't acceptable on the weekend but I'm confident we will be a lot better."

The 34-year-old said he was relishing the challenge of helping the Titans rebuild the club under Brennan.

He lives in the Northern Rivers of NSW where he played his junior football.

"I'm signed for two years and I plan on fulfilling that," he said.

"The motivation to come here was that it was a chance to come home and play in front of my friends and family.

"I was signed at the Roosters for another year and could have quite easily stayed down there with a potentially premiership winning team, but I was excited by the challenge of coming home."

DIEHARD
30-03-18, 05:01 PM
http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/30.1.jpg

DIEHARD
30-03-18, 05:02 PM
Some really disgraceful scorelines there. It's totally unacceptable and I am hoping for a tough win on Sunday.

DIEHARD
30-03-18, 05:05 PM
12 games at Lang Park, 11 loses. 1 solitary victory, which was our first in 2007. That would go a long way to explain the evaporation of our Brisbane fanbase and loyal Titans fans travelling up the M1.

Titanic
31-03-18, 12:42 AM
I’ll have a bumper crowd at home in Nanjing this weekend for the first Chitans bbq of the season.

DIEHARD
31-03-18, 01:57 AM
I’ll have a bumper crowd at home in Nanjing this weekend for the first Chitans bbq of the season.

Well we must win then. Don't want to disappoint. Meanwhile in Hong Kong, the Coastal Cobras (Representing north west HK) will be wearing Titans jerseys at the Nines in May thanks to the generosity of the club. (Wasn't me who organised BTW)

DIEHARD
31-03-18, 02:19 AM
Kevin Walters says Jai Arrow’s inexperience won’t count against him at Maroons selection table

QUEENSLAND coach Kevin Walters insists Jai Arrow’s limited NRL experience will not count against him when Maroons selectors sit down to formulate a squad to win the 2018 State of Origin series.

Arrow has just 27 first grade games to his name but is firmly putting his hand up for higher honours after excelling in the early rounds of this season.

The Keebra Park product’s path has been likened to Jarrod Wallace, having switched from the Broncos back to his hometown team in search of more opportunities.

Wallace made that very move last year and months later was debuting for Queensland.

Arrow started only three of his 24 Broncos games but in three Titans starts has amassed big numbers, averaging 25 tackles and 149 running metres to be hailed by coach Garth Brennan as “our standout this year”.

The 22-year-old was selected in the 2018 Queensland Emerging Origin squad and has history with Walters from time spent together at the Broncos.

“He has been impressive and we are certainly aware from a Queensland point of view of Jai’s talents,” said Fox League commentator Walters.

“He is a very strong-willed young fella and I think he has got some good ideas on where he wants to go and how he wants to get there.”

Walters rejected the notion of protecting Arrow from the brutal Origin arena until he has more games under his belt, indicating he will be selected if considered good enough.

“No, we don’t look at games,” he said.

“We just look at the consistency of their football and what sort of impact they are having at their club. Jai is doing everything right in that regard.”

Such is Arrow’s form that in a reshuffled pack he has won the No.13 jersey and forced high-profile recruit Bryce Cartwright back to the bench.

Round 4 this Sunday night at Suncorp Stadium will be his next stern test against his former club, with enforcer Josh McGuire to line up opposite him for Brisbane.

The Titans entered the round in 14th on the ladder, seven places below their southeast Queensland rival.

DIEHARD
31-03-18, 01:14 PM
Jai’s a shot at Origin

QUEENSLAND coach Kevin Walters insists Jai Arrow’s limited NRL experience will not count against him when Maroons selectors sit down to formulate a squad to win the 2018 State of Origin series.

Arrow has just 27 first grade games to his name but is firmly putting his hand up for higher honours after excelling in the early rounds of this season.

The Keebra Park product’s path has been likened to Jarrod Wallace, having switched from the Broncos back to his hometown team in search of more opportunities.

Wallace made the move last year and months later was debuting for Queensland.

Arrow started only three of his 24 Broncos games but in three Titans starts has amassed big numbers, averaging 25 tackles and 149 running metres to be hailed by Garth Brennan as “our standout this year”.

The 22-year-old was selected in the 2018 Emerging Origin squad and has history with Walters from time spent together at the Broncos.

“He has been impressive and we are certainly aware from a Queensland point of view of Jai’s talents,” said Fox League commentator Walters.

“He is a very strong-willed young fella and I think he has got some good ideas on where he wants to go and how he wants to get there.”

Walters rejected protecting Arrow from the brutal Origin arena until he has more games under his belt, indicating he will be selected if considered good enough. “No, we don’t look at games,” he said. “We just look at the consistency of their football and what sort of impact they are having at their club. Jai is doing everything right in that regard.”

Such is Arrow’s form that in a reshuffled pack he has won the No.13 jersey and forced high-profile recruit Bryce Cartwright back to the bench.

Round 4 tomorrow will be his next stern test against his former club, with enforcer Josh McGuire to line up opposite him for Brisbane.

The Titans entered the round in 14th on the ladder, seven places below their southeast Queensland rival.

DIEHARD
31-03-18, 01:17 PM
Roberts bound to keep Titans busy

JAMES Roberts has often been chief destroyer in Broncos-Titans derbies since moving up the M1 for the 2016 season and an ex-Gold Coast teammate says there’s just one way to stop him.

During his two years on the Gold Coast, Roberts (pictured) often teamed up with Anthony Don on the right flank.

Don, who has urged players to repay fans after a horror 54-8 Round 3 loss to the Dragons, said “Jimmy the Jet” warranted the entire team’s attention.

“He has the skill and is lightning fast, so it’s not one man’s responsibility (to defend him), we have to do it as a whole team,” Don said.

“He can either skin people on the outside or he can bounce back to the middle, like he did against the Cowboys, and go straight through the middle.”

Roberts, understandably, has been a name commonly mentioned at training this week, with extra video sessions on the centre also arranged.

Don predicted Roberts would let his former teammates know if the Broncos again win the derby clash.

“He loves having a joke and a laugh,” Don said.

The Round 4 match will start at 6.30pm on Easter Sunday.

DIEHARD
31-03-18, 02:00 PM
Anthony Milford vows to “back myself” to break the longest title drought in Broncos history

ANTHONY Milford says he won’t be pressured into changing his instinctive style, and has vowed to “back myself” to break the longest premiership drought in Broncos history.

On the eve of Sunday’s Easter derby against the Titans at Suncorp Stadium, Milford warned NRL rivals he will continue to attack at all costs — even if he runs the risk of getting “smashed”.

The jury remains out on whether the Milford-Kodi Nikorima scrumbase alliance has premiership-winning quality after the Broncos bumbled through last week’s 9-7 extra-time defeat of the Tigers.

As the highest-paid player in Brisbane’s 30-year history, Milford accepts his $1 million salary means he must deliver more consistently than Nikorima, who is still learning the halfback craft.

Milford’s critics believe he must improve his game-management to become the playmaker who can deliver Brisbane’s first title since 2006, but the Queensland Origin ace is determined to play his way.

“Playing the way I do play has got me to the position I am,” Milford said.

“I’m going to continue to back myself in certain areas of my game.

“The best way I know how to get into a game is to run the ball and get smashed.

“An early touch in the game for me is probably best. I know for me to get into the game, I need to get an early touch.”

That assessment represents a warning signal for the Titans, who are acutely aware of Milford’s attacking brilliance.

In six games against the Titans, he has scored five times — including his two-try demolition at Robina in his maiden year at the Broncos in 2015.

Milford plays his 122nd NRL game on Sunday night, and the 23-year-old says while running the ball is his forte, he has worked hard to add another dimension to his game.

“What has picked up in my game is probably my kicking,” he said. “I’ve taken a lot more responsibility with that and trying to finish our sets in a good position to start our defence.

“It wasn’t an ideal way to start our season against the Dragons but we made up for it against the Cowboys and to get the two points at Campbelltown (against the Tigers) was a big effort.

“The Titans will be doing everything they can to play well at Suncorp Stadium. We will be ready to go.”

Milford will oppose Titans five-eighth Kane Elgey, who returns to his Suncorp Stadium House of Pain.

It has been almost one year to the day since Elgey had his clearing kick charged down by Matt Gillett in the final minute for the Broncos to snatch a 24-22 victory.

“Kane needs to lift his game,” Titans coach Garth Brennan said. “Kane was below his best last week and I need more from him.

“I’ve backed him. I’ve said the No. 6 jumper is yours, so he needs to hang on to it and step up and embrace the challenge of the Broncos.”

isaiah
01-04-18, 06:54 AM
Broncs by 14, all in penalty goals

RavShamrock
01-04-18, 01:20 PM
Hey looks like Turbo will be out for the match next week.
Lets hope the good news keeps on a comin.

Mr Bods
01-04-18, 02:07 PM
Grand Final day today. 1-3 and we start planning for next year. Want to see exceptional pride and resistance today.

GCTTSD
01-04-18, 02:22 PM
I really hope we see flashbacks of 2015 Kane tonight

RavShamrock
01-04-18, 04:33 PM
NRL LATE MAIL: Broncos v Titans
Author Titans.com.au Timestamp Sun 1 Apr 2018, 05:27 PM

Coach Garth Brennan has finalised his 17-man side for tonight’s clash against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.

Will Matthews returns to the side starting in the back row whilst Max King will take his place on the interchange bench.

Brennan has also opted to go with Morgan Boyle on the bench, leaving Leilani Latu out of the side.

The side is as follows:

1. Michael Gordon

2. Anthony Don

3. Dale Copley

4. Konrad Hurrell

5. Phillip Sami

6. Kane Elgey

7. Ash Taylor

8. Jarrod Wallace

9. Nathan Peats

10. Ryan James

11. Kevin Proctor

12. Will Matthews

13. Jai Arrow

14. Mitch Rein

15. Max King

16. Bryce Cartwright

18. Morgan Boyle

*** Gee that's a young bench but who cares up the TITS

Mr Bods
01-04-18, 05:14 PM
I’ll be BOOing Lodge/Roberts relentlessly tonight and I hope anyone that’s here and reads this joins me in it.
Other than that I have an awful nauseating sense of Impending Doom and dealing with these horrific self-entitled ugly people sitting around me.

I mean seriously are you only allowed to live in Brisbane if you’ve been hit with the ugly stick??

See you all at fulltime Brothers and Sisters of the Beautiful City.

gotitans101_
01-04-18, 05:20 PM
People on reddit saying Brimson is debuting? Any truth to this?

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 05:21 PM
People on reddit saying Brimson is debuting? Any truth to this?

None. Team list above. Latu dropped out off the bench for Boyle.

gotitans101_
01-04-18, 05:21 PM
None. Team list above. Latu dropped out off the bench for Boyle.

idiots.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:25 PM
OK here we go... I can't tell you how important these games are to me and how painful they are to lose. But today, let's win.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:28 PM
Gee we look good in those jerseys. Proper collar too.

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 05:32 PM
idiots.

I'm applauding Brennan for wielding the axe.

gotitans101_
01-04-18, 05:33 PM

huh?

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 05:34 PM
Strap in for an emotional rollercoaster ladies and gentlemen. Just caught these donkeys napping.

- - - Updated - - -

huh?

The rest of the team. Still don't think LG is our biggest issue.

Hail Sezer
01-04-18, 05:34 PM

Me too

Gee that was retro Kane. Haven’t seen that chuck since 2015

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 05:35 PM
huh?

Oh are you talking about the reddit people?

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:35 PM
That's my Titans, well done Don, (Re: kick off catch)

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:36 PM
Oh sweet Jesus! We are in boys!!

gotitans101_
01-04-18, 05:36 PM
Oh are you talking about the reddit people?

nah but the only axe I saw wielded was Latu & Carty to bench?

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 05:37 PM
Good to see Supercoach Bennett has sorted out Jimmy Judas' defense. lol

rj62
01-04-18, 05:37 PM
Boom friggin boom!!!!

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:42 PM
Gee so close to being taken out. Good work. Let's keep it up Titans.

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 05:43 PM
It's an ambush.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:44 PM
Wow what a tackle by Elgey.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:44 PM
First and only win in 2007. We have been waiting 11 years for this!

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 05:45 PM
First and only win in 2007. We have been waiting 11 years for this!

Don't Jinx it. This is a TEAM!

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:46 PM
How good was that. Gamble with the grubber, close. But then we swarm in defence and force them ingoal.

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 05:47 PM
Just need some non-bias commentators and this would be great to watch and listen too.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:47 PM
Ugh piggy back penalty for Broncos.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:48 PM
Just need some non-bias commentators and this would be great to watch and listen too.

It was so bad pregame. I dont think Vossy is so bad though.

gotitans101_
01-04-18, 05:49 PM
that tackle by Mcquire earlier on Taylor was late imo

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 05:51 PM
Arrow has found his position. Can you say Arrow just Arrowed him?

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:51 PM
Hope that accidental finger in the eye hasn't hurt Matthews too badly.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:52 PM
that tackle by Mcquire earlier on Taylor was late imo

Asbolutely was late.

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 05:53 PM
Because the Titans are the only ones that abuse the HIA??? Come off it, how many starting forwards duck into a tackle at the 25th minute?

Hurrell doing everything he can to have a holiday.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:53 PM
Ah damn it blew it again. That was a great opportunity. Hopefully Konrad has better luck for the rest of the game.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:54 PM
PENALTY BRONCOS

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 05:55 PM
PENALTY BRONCOS

AND AGAIN

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:55 PM
Really impressed with our defence, it's been a pleasure.

**** ANOTHER PENALTY! COME ONNN

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 05:56 PM
Really impressed with our defence, it's been a pleasure.

**** ANOTHER PENALTY! COME ONNN

So you lift your arm for an offload and the tackling player rolls over the top and its a strip????? WOW

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:57 PM
Smash Lodge.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:57 PM
Probably didn't need to take that one out, but didn't take any chances. Plenty of hands on deck.

rj62
01-04-18, 05:58 PM
Gordon is one of our best buys

That is all

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 05:59 PM
Another Penalty! This is turning into a farce. This isn't rugby union. Got to give the Broncos a leg up...

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:00 PM
****ers. .....

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 06:00 PM
So one for the rule book. Grab your jaw and refuse to play the ball till you get a penalty blown.

lonegull
01-04-18, 06:02 PM
I have seen it all know in rugby league, broncos get a penalty because Boyd gets tackled and gets up holding his chin, refs give a penalty on assumption that he was tackled high

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:02 PM
Boyd milked that, pissweak.

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 06:04 PM
Can we just check why we can't give the Titans a try please?

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:06 PM
Absolutely DISGRACEFUL, it is clear as DAY that Elgey didn't hit him. Now we lost those 6 points.

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 06:08 PM
How has Patton kept a position in the video refs box. he has proven time and time again to get it wrong. That's a disgrace.

- - - Updated - - -

That could have been a 12 point turn around if it was for Judas.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:08 PM
Hold the ball boys.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:13 PM
OMG Ryan James with a sweet, well placed grubber. Sami seals it. Love it!

lonegull
01-04-18, 06:14 PM
Don’t know what Brennan said through the week but Jesus Christ something has clicked

rj62
01-04-18, 06:14 PM
Ryan James for 5/8 :):):)

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 06:17 PM
At least we are exposing the Broncos right edge with Niko and Jimmy. Finally a game plan.

gotitans101_
01-04-18, 06:19 PM
Don’t know what Brennan said through the week but Jesus Christ something has clicked

let's not get too ahead of ourselves

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 06:21 PM
let's not get too ahead of ourselves

Win or lose this is a better team. Lonegull statement is logical. I believe he said, play well or lose your job.

rj62
01-04-18, 06:24 PM
I have seen it all know in rugby league, broncos get a penalty because Boyd gets tackled and gets up holding his chin, refs give a penalty on assumption that he was tackled high

Absolute bull**** :mad:

- - - Updated - - -

Totally different side from last week - so far great to watch - plus we were ripped offs fair try under the sticks

gotitans101_
01-04-18, 06:27 PM
anyone else notice that whenever Broncos players have a sook they always get a penalty?

Boyd, Mccullough, Isaaco who stayed down etc.

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 06:29 PM
Well we won't be able to ambush them in the second half because they'll be getting the strap from Big Daddy Wayne.

Hope we can just outplay them.

Mr Bods
01-04-18, 06:31 PM
I’m so angry
Without the cheating referees we would be up 20-0

GCTTSD
01-04-18, 06:33 PM
This game reminds me of the elimination action final in 16, getting robbed by the refs with bull**** calls

Mexican titan
01-04-18, 06:35 PM
As the guys on fox just said, we haven't really thrown much at the broncos and need to step it up. You know they will.
C'mon guys.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:38 PM
Great we just turned over cause no dummy half. That was looking promising too after that run by Sami. That's BS

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 06:39 PM
Great start for the Broncos and the refs. Peats obstructed from the play of the ball, play on Broncos ball.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:39 PM
I’m so angry
Without the cheating referees we would be up 20-0

Was just saying that!

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:40 PM
Well we won't be able to ambush them in the second half because they'll be getting the strap from Big Daddy Wayne.

Hahaha. Quote.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:40 PM
Stats here https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2018/round-4/broncos-vs-titans/

rj62
01-04-18, 06:44 PM
Yeahhhhh boys .!!!!!!

DIEHARD
That was amazing. Just amazing. Sami kicks to Don. Wing to Wing! Sami just sized that up in a split second.

gotitans101_
Sami is awesome

Don is just as good but good to see one of our youngsters going well.

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 06:47 PM
Hurrell has to stop trying for the strip penalties, refs are all over it and ignore it. If that's all he can offer then see you later

- - - Updated - - -

Then shoots out of the defensive line when he needs to hold. Biggest issue on the team at the moment.

Pure luck got us out of that one.

rj62
01-04-18, 06:47 PM
Karma you bastards !!

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:48 PM
Nice to see the Broncos getting 6 and 18 sets of tackles.

Haha dropped it from the tap and pass.

Mexican titan
01-04-18, 06:48 PM
Hurrell has to stop trying for the strip penalties, refs are all over it and ignore it. If that's all he can offer then see you later

- - - Updated - - -

Then shoots out of the defensive line when he needs to hold. Biggest issue on the team at the moment.

Pure luck got us out of that one.

Hurrell just keeps bringing those dumb warriors errors.

rj62
01-04-18, 06:50 PM
Yeah boys!!!!!

Love it when the broncos get the ****s when behind

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 06:50 PM
How pathetic and petty are these scum bags?

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:51 PM
This game has everything.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:52 PM
Nice work Ashley. Still got a long time left in this game. I'm on the edge of my seat here.

rj62
01-04-18, 06:53 PM
Going short - under pressure ****ers??

JunctionBlock
I just saw Milford.

Remember him?

DIEHARD
Field goal on the way at some point?

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 06:54 PM
Time to get Rein on.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:56 PM
How good is Sami?! Even cheekily runs it in behind the posts. What a sight to see.

gotitans101_
played Sami over Isaako in my SC side tonight...good times lol

JunctionBlock
Forward but eat a bag of ***** Donkey supporters, that's how it feels for the rest of the comp when you get all the calls. hahahahaha

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:57 PM
Broncos crowd is so quiet. Only come alive when the Broncos do something. Offering no support in general.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 06:57 PM
Yea it was forward. So now we are square for the first one we were robbed.

rj62
01-04-18, 06:59 PM
Dying here

- - - Updated - - -

Yea it was forward. So now we are square for the first one we were robbed.

Absolutely!!

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 07:00 PM
Don't like Wallace and James off at the same time but I guess you can't expect them to play 80.....can you?

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:01 PM
Rein is on.

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 07:02 PM
Oh my god, if the refs don't fall for Hurrells crap why do they fall for mculloch pulling players on top of himself????

Boonarga
01-04-18, 07:03 PM
Oh my god, if the refs don't fall for Hurrells crap why do they fall for mculloch pulling players on top of himself????

Look at the jersey he is wearing.

rj62
01-04-18, 07:04 PM
Nothing like consistent refs

rj62
01-04-18, 07:05 PM
Soft bull****

JunctionBlock
Hope James and Wallace are on the bikes.

JunctionBlock
Hahaha and James is back out there. Poor bastard, we need to clone him.

rj62
01-04-18, 07:06 PM
Nothing like unbiased commentators - wankers

- - - Updated - - -

Field goal time

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 07:07 PM
Nothing like unbiased commentators - wankers

- - - Updated - - -

Field goal time

Gotta get down there.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:07 PM
13mins to go....

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:09 PM
Oh wow that looked like a certain Broncos try but he drops it. Phew.

And for the first time tonight I hear the Broncos drums.

DIEHARD
Field goal Ash, field goal.

rj62
Thank **** for that

JunctionBlock
13mins to go....

Don't remind me. This is killing me with these simple errors.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:11 PM
I can't stand this.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:12 PM
Oh thank god, Proctor on the loose ball. Phew.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:13 PM
Wonderful long kick to touch by Ashley Taylor. Calm it down, aim up in defence.

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 07:13 PM
Gotta keep off our right edge and send down the left side. Worked in the first half. Basically keep it away from Hurrell its 50/50 if we retain possession when he has a run.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:15 PM
Penalty count 4 - 11

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 07:16 PM
Penalty count 4 - 11

Seriously!!! That is criminal. There needs to be an investigation.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:17 PM
God the commentators are desperate to wipe the noses of Broncos viewers.

gotitans101_
01-04-18, 07:18 PM
So the commentators said Sami can also play fullback - is this true? Anyone know how much experience he has back there in the lower grades?

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 07:18 PM
Must be an early train home. Love it.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:19 PM
Wow Gordon defused that situation AND got back into the field of play at speed.

rj62
01-04-18, 07:19 PM
Brilliant !

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:20 PM
Judging by the Broncos fans behaviour when they lost in 2007, they will be feral tonight.

rj62
This is our game boys !!!!!!!

JunctionBlock
Broncos own the touchies too!

rj62
01-04-18, 07:21 PM
Leaving early bahahahah

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:22 PM
Another beautiful take from Sami, what a game for him. Glad to see he is a Queenslander...

lonegull
01-04-18, 07:23 PM
Great game our defence won the game, attitude was there and some good game management what a difference a week can make

DIEHARD
This victory means so much to me. These games against the evil of the Broncos are the #1 reason I back the Titans.

Also its the #1 way we attract massive support, especially in Brisbane which is dire atm.

JunctionBlock
So what does that mean for Cartwright? He was needed. Not that you'd change it but next weeks team choices may need some thinking.

rj62
I have one question

How bloody SWEET is this ????

In Garth I Trust

teke
01-04-18, 07:24 PM
RrrrrrrrreKT !!!!

BundyTitan
01-04-18, 07:24 PM
YEWWWW that's the way lads!!! Always good beating the Donkeys especially on their own turf. We were probably lucky that they played one of their worst games in the last few years but no doubting that we ambushed them and played great. Still disappointing that a few errors snuck into our game and it almost looked like we were going to throw the game away in the end but we ran hard and smashed them in defence. Our line speed and effort was incredible. Sami is a star and continues to develop every week, Arrow solid once again and has added so much to our team, Wallace had a massive motor, Copley shut up Roberts all night and Elgey looked like he had a kick up the backside by Brennan. Awesome win which makes up for last weeks embarassment. Up the mighty Titans!

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:26 PM
We also beat a milestone hoodoo of Ash Taylor's 50 games.

BundyTitan
01-04-18, 07:26 PM
Also good to have a coach that isn't afraid to wield the axe for guys like Latu which haven't been showing up. And have no doubt he told other blokes that they better perform or they would be gone (Elgey definitely). Garth impressive so far but hopefully keeps it up.

Barrels
01-04-18, 07:27 PM
Im crying Boys. What a great victory. first away win vs broncos at suncorp. Fantastic

JunctionBlock
Broncos have been playing terrible every round. We won this, they didn't lose it. The victory is ours.

Love how Roberts still goes missing when the game isn't going his way. I don't miss that scumbag at all.

DIEHARD
30,742 was the crowd.

Not so great for a Sunday game, a SEQLD derby and a game not on FTA TV. But victories like this will bring the crowds in the future.

rj62
01-04-18, 07:29 PM
Im crying Boys. What a great victory. first away win vs broncos at suncorp. Fantastic

Thought I was the only one welling up

Mr Bods
01-04-18, 07:30 PM
Oh my god
Walking to the car
Drongoes fans sucking on big eggs
This is a dream
The greatest dream
Make the most of tonight Brothers and Sisters of the beautiful city
U have to be at least 2 out of 4 to be in the hunt or its over
We are 2/4
What a night
Over and Out

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:31 PM

You are right, it is the first "AWAY" win at Lang Park against the Broncos. Because we held a home game against them in 2007.

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:32 PM
Oh my god
Walking to the car
This is a dream
The greatest dream
We are 2/4
What a night
Over and Out

This is what we signed up for!

Enjoyed riding out every play with you folks. Proud of our team and coach tonight.

indoallstars
01-04-18, 07:32 PM
Doesn't get much better than beating the broncs up at suncorp. Glad to see Elgey get some confidence up, and Philip Sami turning it up.

NZTITAN
01-04-18, 07:35 PM
YTFB!!!!!!

rj62
01-04-18, 07:35 PM
Oh my god
Walking to the car
This is a dream
The greatest dream
We are 2/4
What a night
Over and Out

Enjoy that walk of walks !!!!

Mexican titan
01-04-18, 07:37 PM
Thought I was the only one welling up

Nah, I was pretty close. The Broncos were terrible but I reckon that was as much down to us sticking it too them. Even 12 in front it was not until 3 to go that I stopped swearing. I was out on the back deck so the neighbours sure got my worst tonight. In hindsight they were the best beers I have had for ages.
But we must keep it going. We had a great win against the Storm last year and we saw what happened after that. But tonight, you fvcking ripper.

rj62
01-04-18, 07:38 PM
That has to be the most offloads we’ve had in a long time (9)

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 07:41 PM
News corp headline will probably try and play it down as an April Fools joke.

rj62
01-04-18, 07:41 PM
Nah, I was pretty close. The Broncos were terrible but I reckon that was as much down to us sticking it too them. Even 12 in front it was not until 3 to go that I stopped swearing. I was out on the back deck so the neighbours sure got my worst tonight. In hindsight they were the best beers I have had for ages.
But we must keep it going. We had a great win against the Storm last year and we saw what happened after that. But tonight, you fvcking ripper.

Yeah about the swearing. Reckon I was about the same - 3 minutes out but let a few celebratory ones go on the hooter.

The beers won’t stop here for a while !! And every one is like honey!!

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 07:43 PM
https://i.imgur.com/zezdSMP.jpg

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:45 PM
All about the Broncos and not the Titans. Typical.

ozynorts
01-04-18, 07:46 PM
James, Wallace, Arrow were huge tonight. The half’s really stood up but by far the most impressive for me was Sami. He is shaping as a real gem for us. Just kept looking for work.
Great TEAM effort tonight. Yyyyeeeeaaaahhhh

DIEHARD
01-04-18, 07:46 PM
I wonder how Titanic and his Chitans are going! ;)

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 07:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sh803Dg.png

Mexican titan
01-04-18, 07:47 PM
News corp headline will probably try and play it down as an April Fools joke.

Wish we had the thumbs back. That's gold.

And for those little insecure Broncos supporters that will have a look at this forum to see what the winners aresaying, a few home truths.
1) You beat the Cowboys because a goal post saved you.
2) you got a ridiculous call last week to get a penalty and beat the Tiges. The ref got dropped that's how bad it was.

So the Broncs should be on a fat zero. That would be a better reflection on how they are travelling.

Upthetits
01-04-18, 07:52 PM
Sorry I ever doubted. Thought I was the only bloke in crescent head country club screaming for the titans but lucky a few of the newy lads come around. Best birthday I've had in years.

RavShamrock
01-04-18, 07:54 PM
Oh my god
Walking to the car
This is a dream
The greatest dream
We are 2/4
What a night
Over and Out

Good on ya Bodsy

What makes it even more sweeter is the 4-11 penalty count against.
The refs tried bloody hard to get us beat but we were to BLOODY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Nols of the Goldy
01-04-18, 08:01 PM
5 things we learned from Gold Coast’s 26-14 win over Brisbane

Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
10 minutes ago
Subscriber only

A MARQUEE MAN goes missing, some former Broncos stand up and a nice headache for Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan — it’s all here in five things we learned from Broncos-Titans.

1) THE Broncos underestimated the Titans.

Brisbane was out-enthused by the Gold Coast, who were coming off a 54-8 hiding by the Dragons last week.

The Broncos were never in the contest, made poor errors and lacked defensive starch in their first loss against the Gold Coast at Suncorp Stadium since 2007.

2) BRISBANE’S $3 million recruit Jack Bird went missing in his first home game at Suncorp Stadium.

Bird didn’t make a run until the 33rd minute.

The ball may not have gone his way much but he needs to go looking for it and do some hard yards.

3) RISING Broncos winger Jamayne Isaako came crashing back to earth.

Isaako has been a star of Brisbane’s start to the season but was caught out in defence, sent a kick-off out on the full and made two errors in a tough night.

4) EX-BRONCOS forwards Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace stepped up in a big way to help deliver the Titans victory last night.

Arrow was outstanding, particularly in defence, while Wallace improved on last week’s performance and returned to his metre-eating ways.

Arrow made 35 tackles and missed none while Wallace ran for 107m. What a statement.

5) WHERE does Bryce Cartwright fit into the picture for the Titans?

The Gold Coast recruit played just one minute in the win, coming off the bench when Kevin Proctor was sent for a HIA right before halftime.

He did not return after the break and after the performance of the other Titans forwards it’s hard to see how Garth Brennan will use him moving forward.

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 08:15 PM
https://www.titans.com.au/news/2018/04/01/post-match-press-conference/?camefrom=EMCL_2191503_93489270

Live stream the presser

- - - Updated - - -

5 things we learned from Gold Coast’s 26-14 win over Brisbane

Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
10 minutes ago
Subscriber only

A MARQUEE MAN goes missing, some former Broncos stand up and a nice headache for Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan — it’s all here in five things we learned from Broncos-Titans.

1) THE Broncos underestimated the Titans.

Brisbane was out-enthused by the Gold Coast, who were coming off a 54-8 hiding by the Dragons last week.

The Broncos were never in the contest, made poor errors and lacked defensive starch in their first loss against the Gold Coast at Suncorp Stadium since 2007.

2) BRISBANE’S $3 million recruit Jack Bird went missing in his first home game at Suncorp Stadium.

Bird didn’t make a run until the 33rd minute.

The ball may not have gone his way much but he needs to go looking for it and do some hard yards.

3) RISING Broncos winger Jamayne Isaako came crashing back to earth.

Isaako has been a star of Brisbane’s start to the season but was caught out in defence, sent a kick-off out on the full and made two errors in a tough night.

4) EX-BRONCOS forwards Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace stepped up in a big way to help deliver the Titans victory last night.

Arrow was outstanding, particularly in defence, while Wallace improved on last week’s performance and returned to his metre-eating ways.

Arrow made 35 tackles and missed none while Wallace ran for 107m. What a statement.

5) WHERE does Bryce Cartwright fit into the picture for the Titans?

The Gold Coast recruit played just one minute in the win, coming off the bench when Kevin Proctor was sent for a HIA right before halftime.

He did not return after the break and after the performance of the other Titans forwards it’s hard to see how Garth Brennan will use him moving forward.

All I see is 4 points that start with the word Broncos...

- - - Updated - - -

5 things we learnt

1) Titans came out to play and the broncos don't have what it takes this year even with an 11-4 lopsided penalty count.

2) Titans LG silenced some of the haters with a great game

3) Rising TITANS star Phillip Sami tore the Broncos apart.

4) TITANS players Jai Arrow and Wallace stepped up in a big way!

5) Titans coach Gareth Brennan has some selection headaches with everyone standing up and vying for their position.

Ausphin
01-04-18, 08:20 PM
Agree with the posts on here. Awesome feeling. So glad to beat those entitled turds. McGuire, Thaiday, Roberts, Bird and save special mention for Corey Parker and his awful commentary.

So happy for some players on here who in my opinion are unfairly singled out. Copley and Elgey were great defensively tonight and Kane looked to have some confidence back in attack.

Arrow is quickly becoming my favourite Titan and Max King has been awesome this year too. Both great motors and both technically excellent in defence.

Finally, really happy to have a coach who is not afraid to make tough calls and seems to be able to read the flow of the game. Good call dropping Latu. I watched Cartwright closely when he came on (albeit for a couple of minutes) and he fell off a couple of tackles with flimsy arm grabs and wasn't putting his body on the line. With 20 to go it was about defending our lead so agree with not giving him a run. Then for Nikorima's try he beat an obviously gassed Morgan Boyle on the inside and immediately Boyle is taken off for James. I don't think Garth will tolerate Hurrell's defensive lapses for too long either. Almost cost us another try by shooting up out of the line.

Titanic
01-04-18, 08:26 PM
The Chitans are having a very good day as it seems are the rest of you. I'll comment tomorrow after the beers subside but I will leave you with this message:

Some of you need to go back and read your comments after last week's game ... we are 2 from 4 in a very much rebuilding year. Our coach, owners and players need your support and understanding not knee-jerk freaking out. I have selected a 13-16 finish but will treasure wins like this.

Oh by the way .... Yeehah, take that right up your djin Bennett you fugging twat!!!!!

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 08:27 PM
I think officially CartWright played for 1 minute. As Brennan just said in the Press conference, he's young, he's 23 and the staff will work with him and get him to what they feel he is capable of.

Ausphin
01-04-18, 08:37 PM
I think officially CartWright played for 1 minute. As Brennan just said in the Press conference, he's young, he's 23 and the staff will work with him and get him to what they feel he is capable of.

Agree with this and wasn't having a shot at Cartwright, but more so stating Brennan did what was needed. I am really happy we have Cartwright as his ability with the ball is something we have been missing in the backrow for a long time. Just needs to improve his defence.

JunctionBlock
01-04-18, 08:42 PM
Agree with this and wasn't having a shot at Cartwright, but more so stating Brennan did what was needed. I am really happy we have Cartwright as his ability with the ball is something we have been missing in the backrow for a long time. Just needs to improve his defence.

We're on the same page. I think I could have worded my reply better, wasn't meant to come off as an attack or a "as a matter of fact". Sorry. Brennan pretty much eluded to the reason he didn't come back on was due to the defensive effort was required and didn't want to upset it. Speaks volumes.

Titanic, had a look at my comments from last week, I'm happy. Singled out Latu, LG, Hurrell and Cartwright. Brennan took care of two of them, LG stepped up and I'm still harping on about Koni this week.

Onwards and upwards to a depleted Manly next week.

RavShamrock
01-04-18, 08:43 PM
Hey Titanic I think the reactions (knee-jerk) from last week were well and truly warranted and are vital to show our support (good or bad) towards improving the club which I would like to think has a resounding influence on the next performance.
Yep! I hear ya, we are all accountable.

Supergoose
01-04-18, 08:51 PM
Yeehah, take that supercilious Broncos scum! They even got the rub of the green from the refs. I was pleased to see Will Matthews wind back the clock and dominate his edge. He was poor the last couple of weeks and looked to be a little injured but he was great tonight and along with Sami, Arrow and James was among our best players. Hurrell was poor. It was good to see a game plan from the Titans actually being executed and they wore poor Jimmy out by running at his side all night. Anyway, enjoy the win boys, we've lost to two of the form teams of the comp, there's no shame in that (despite the size of the Dragons loss). The team is shaping up to be at least competitive.

gotitans101_
01-04-18, 09:15 PM
Something about Brennan's presser tonight. He looks so excited when he's talking about the positives, it's hard to explain. Passion I guess, something I never saw from Carty or Henry.

gothabull
01-04-18, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=Titanic;379500]The Chitans are having a very good day as it seems are the rest of you. I'll comment tomorrow after the beers subside but I will leave you with this message:

Some of you need to go back and read your comments after last week's game ... we are 2 from 4 in a very much rebuilding year. Our coach, owners and players need your support and understanding not knee-jerk freaking out. I have selected a 13-16 finish but will treasure wins like this.

Oh by the way .... Yeehah, take that right up your djin Bennett you fugging twat!!!!![/QUOTEt

Totally agree titanic yewww

Bayside Titan
01-04-18, 09:35 PM
I think that we have just sorted our starting forward pack bar injury. Back three of Matthews , Proctor and Arrow did a fantastic job for us. Looked like we had a plan to target Roberts all night and worked well.

GCTTSD
01-04-18, 10:30 PM
Gotta give credit to copely for his defensive effort on Roberts, up in his face the whole night

gotitans101_
02-04-18, 01:29 AM
I hate to single players out but after watching the highlights I couldn't be more disappointed with Peat's defensive reads. He was responsible for both Broncos tries - first one was the ever so obvious Mccullough dummy which he does at least once every game, then Nikorima's dummy in the 2nd half. Wake up Peatsy.

teke
02-04-18, 02:17 AM
The Broncos forum is magical atm :D

DIEHARD
02-04-18, 02:55 AM

Might pop over for a visit.

Gotta give credit to copely for his defensive effort on Roberts, up in his face the whole night

Outstanding.

rj62
02-04-18, 04:53 AM

Just brightened my already great morning by doing just that. I’ve always said Broncos supporters are terrible losers and even worse winners.

Ahhhhh this day just feels so much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely first class. Jimmy the jerk had nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to single players out but after watching the highlights I couldn't be more disappointed with Peat's defensive reads. He was responsible for both Broncos tries - first one was the ever so obvious Mccullough dummy which he does at least once every game, then Nikorima's dummy in the 2nd half. Wake up Peatsy.

Peats did top our tackle count at 40

gotitans101_
02-04-18, 05:11 AM
Just brightened my already great morning by doing just that. I’ve always said Broncos supporters are terrible losers and even worse winners.

Ahhhhh this day just feels so much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely first class. Jimmy the jerk had nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Peats did top our tackle count at 40

Yep not denying that...still doesn't change the fact he fell for 2 really obvious dummies which led directly to 2 tries. Just can't afford to be doing that.

Dooldog76
02-04-18, 05:39 AM
I watched this game in the kempsey RSL, and the people watching the game we’re all titans fans(all five of us), except my father in law. He supports the broncos. Thank you Garth Brennan. That’s all I will say.

Supergoose
02-04-18, 07:59 AM
Wasn't it Michael Gordon who fell for the dummy for the dummy-half dive over try? I thought Peats was way better last night. Also, Gordon over ran the second try as well and it was the one time that Morgan Boyle didn't come across in cover. He was spent by that time. Not a Peats die-hard our anything, just don't want him being fingered incorrectly. Not that you can be blamed those yellow numbers were horrendous to see on the tele.

Titanic
02-04-18, 08:30 AM
Agree Goose. Gordon had the bad read, Peats was tackling as first marker on the line and was never going to stop him without help but the second one Peats was obviously gassed. Rein should have been on by then, imho. Peats played better yesterday and probably saved himself from the axe.

i just took a big shot at Badel in the CM comments ... lololol.

5 Year Contract
02-04-18, 08:59 AM
Now that is how you respond to last weeks debacle! Everyone put in this game and our edges and middle who have leaked points all season were finally rock solid. After many of us were left wondering how Garth would respond after last week I couldnt of been happier for players to be put on notice and will have to earn their place. How sweet it was to beat the donkeys even with some shocking calls against us. In the past we would of capitulated and let them back in but we held strong tonight. Hopefully come round 26 we look back at this game as the resurrection of elgey!

JunctionBlock
02-04-18, 09:39 AM
I thought the Niko try was because our A and B markers didn't slide. Fitness might be something Boyle needs to work on considering the minutes James and Wallace play in the middle. If we let in a couple of tries after the repeat sets the refs gave them I'm not complaining.

Mr Bods
02-04-18, 10:38 AM
Regarding Peats-I think his service from dummy half has been below par this year too. He’s been late getting there and throwing some pretty loopy clunky balls.

RavShamrock
02-04-18, 12:41 PM
Yep, the boys put in a herculean effort thats for sure and one of our best wins ever in my eyes.
A lot of people saying Broncos played sub-par but I’m more inclined to think we had them on tilt from the get-go with our controlled aggression and enthusiasm.
All of the forwards were outstanding but I just what to make special mention of the leadership of James whom was in everything and sorry to say old mate you’re in the middle to stay.
My only concern is (apart from Konni’s ball spilling) I’d like to see more mongrel and standing up for ourselves when we’re being subjected to underhanded cheap shots (like last night).

DIEHARD
02-04-18, 01:00 PM
Of course in Courier Mail Land it's all about the Broncos and not the Titans.

http://www.titansupporters.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/2.jpg

DIEHARD
02-04-18, 01:00 PM
Decade of derby dominance for home side shattered in a day

WAYNE Bennett’s bumbling Broncos copped a reality check last night as the Gold Coast Titans took a hammer to Brisbane’s NRL premiership dreams in a 26-14 boilover.

The Broncos were woeful on a rare Sunday appearance at Suncorp Stadium, surrendering their decade of dominance over the Titans with a limp performance in front of 30,742 stunned fans.

It was Brisbane’s first home loss to the Titans since 2007.

The Gold Coast were coming off the second biggest defeat in the club’s history (54-8 to the Dragons) but snapped a seven-match losing streak against “big brother” Brisbane. The Broncos are outside the top-eight after four rounds and have been far from convincing in search of the club’s first premiership since 2006.

Bennett said the Broncos were behind the eight-ball after the Titans bolted out to a 10-0 lead inside 10 minutes.

“They (Titans) turned up with a pretty good attitude,” he said. “I don’t think anyone in the Broncos didn’t know the Titans we saw last weekend weren’t going to put that performance in again.

“You’re totally exposed if you haven’t got control of the ball. Our worst performances have been with our worst ball control.

“It’s a collective problem.

‘‘We were down 10-0 after five minutes. ‘‘It takes away everything you want to do in the game.’’ Halves Anthony Milford and Kodi Nikorima were ineffective, registering 12 runs between them, while captain Darius Boyd had little impact from fullback with only 42m. It was crucial errors made by the likes of Korbin Sims, Joe Ofahengaue, Sam Thaiday and Jamayne Isaako which hurt Brisbane the most. “It’s just disappointing because it’s not us,” Boyd said. “We spoke about turning up and we didn’t. ‘‘When you’re not holding the ball … you’re trying to play catch-up.” Brisbane were flat and looking like they had overdosed on Easter chocolate until hooker Andrew McCullough caught the Titans napping to get the Broncos on the board.

Titans winger Phillip Sami scored untouched for a 16-8 lead at the break and he rounded out his hat-trick in the second half, Brisbane’s only joy coming when Nikorima slipped through a gap in the 65th minute.

The Broncos have had a relatively soft draw to start the season yet have a 2-2 record and are stuck in 10th spot.

Wins against the Cowboys and Tigers have been far from convincing and defeats to the Dragons and now Titans have highlighted serious problems in Bennett’s team.

Whats Doing
02-04-18, 07:58 PM
The Broncos forum complaining they didn’t get enough penalties. They got the penalties 11-4. WTF are these idiots on about. They already got gifted a win on penalty that wasn’t again just the Tigers. Sounds like those whinging rednecks believe they have a god given right gut to win no matter how.

No wonder they are the most despised team in the comp.

To be honest I am not sure whether I am more happy about the gutsy win by the Titans or the piss poor effort of the rednecks

Mr Bods
02-04-18, 08:10 PM
The Broncos forum complaining they didn’t get enough penalties. They got the penalties 11-4. WTF are these idiots on about. They already got gifted a win on penalty that wasn’t again just the Tigers. Sounds like those whinging rednecks believe they have a god given right gut to win no matter how.

To be honest I am not sure whether I am more happy about the gutsy win by the Titans or the piss poor effort of the rednecks

I had a bit of a look at their Forum and I had two takeaways
1-The quality of the writing on their forum is really poor compared to the quality our members put on here.
2-it’s full of advertising, in fact you are bombarded with it. I got sick of its layout very quickly.

gcboyz
02-04-18, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=Whats Doing;379554]The Broncos forum complaining they didn’t get enough penalties. They got the penalties 11-4. WTF are these idiots on about. They already got gifted a win on penalty that wasn’t again just the Tigers. Sounds like those whinging rednecks believe they have a god given right gut to win no matter how.

I had a read of the Drongoes forum as well. There was general slagging of all of their players and the largest range of excuses i have ever read. My absolute favourite was that most of their players have young families and easter egg hunts with the kids might have taken their mind off the job.

K2G
02-04-18, 09:33 PM
Kane Elgey finally straightened up and played at the line... and threw two try assists. So happy to see.

https://i.imgur.com/gP1LUvA.png

I hope the coach sits him down in the film room and emphasises the difference he makes to the team when he's playing straight. If he keeps it up, I can't wait to watch his running game come on. At the moment, his first instinct is to pass 100% of the time, so when he chooses to run, it's after he's already looked around for someone to pass to, and lacks any deception or putting the defence in two minds. Once he starts throwing that dummy close to the line, watch out!

I also think the shot he put on Gillet early in the first half, on our 30m line gave him a tonne of confidence. Hopefully our left edge defend like that for the rest of the season, as it will go a long way towards Kane producing his best in attack. Really good signs. He's going to need to build on that game from here on out, because I think Brennan has already signed his replacement 5/8 for next year if the LG&Ash combo doesn't work this year.

I am flabbergasted at how good Arrow is going. He was so dominant on both sides of the ball again last night, and he was everywhere. What a beast. He's going to play his way into a Qld jersey much sooner than I had expected.

Some great performances out of James, Wallace, Max King, Sami and Copley aswell. Huge effort from each of them. If that was a benchmark game for each of those guys, we're in for a good season.

I'm hoping Latu works on his fitness and defensive discipline, because I think we need a bit more punch/creativity from.our bench, and I'm thinking he might be the guy.

Cartwright is a real puzzle right now. With the way Arrow is going, and the fragility of our edge defense, I just can't see where he fits in the team. Unfortunately, I don't think we're a team that can afford to burn a bench slot on a guy to play 1 minute, too often. Will be interesting to watch.

Shoutout to the bloke behind me in the away supporters bay who was providing some pretty mean heckling for home side, such as "Yeah Brisbane, you can't even get the Commonwealth Games". :laugh: Stick it to em fellas.

Titanic
02-04-18, 10:26 PM
Voss with his “we all want to see the jet Roberts take off right now” was frigging disgraceful.

Dooldog76
03-04-18, 07:09 AM
The real difference for us is Gordon. Watching the replay he is just class at the back. Dependable and reliable, despite a few missed kicks and letting a try in, he’s still a hundred times better than anything we’ve had in the last few years, actually I’d say since Campbell.

isaiah
03-04-18, 07:17 AM
Voss with his “we all want to see the jet Roberts take off right now” was frigging disgraceful.

He should have said 70% instead of all. 10% for titans fans and another 20 who just watch to hate on the broncs

JunctionBlock
03-04-18, 08:28 AM
K2G I think Cartwright is on the bench if we need to spark some attack if we are behind on the scoreboard. Now I know you're all going to say he hasn't done that for the Titans and I agree. But Brennan and staff are looking for the potential they know he is capable of.

You could also argue he is cover for a centre if an outside back goes down.

Dooldog76
03-04-18, 11:12 AM

He’s not as bad as anasta. He’s first generation in his family to walk upright. Dead set anasta and Steve roach are disgraceful. I used to prefer the fox call, but with “expert comments” from these guys it’s getting pretty rough.

Titanic
03-04-18, 12:03 PM
He should have said 70% instead of all. 10% for titans fans and another 20 who just watch to hate on the broncsIs that the best you've got? Better than anything your team of poseurs put up. Anyway, nice to have you around ... lololol.