PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Titans Tickets and Crowds

DIEHARD
10-03-18, 01:27 PM
2018 Crowds

Round 1 - vs Raiders (Cbus Super Stadium)

Ticket sales - https://www.titans.com.au/Booking-and-Attending-a-Titans-game/ticketing/

Mr Bods
10-03-18, 06:36 PM
24 hours to kick off and no game day information on the App and presumably the website.
Nothing about gates opening, prelim games, transportation....not good enough.

Mexican titan
10-03-18, 08:41 PM
24 hours to kick off and no game day information on the App and presumably the website.
Nothing about gates opening, prelim games, transportation....not good enough.

I thought you were a member? If so the email to members had all of this info.

Mr Bods
10-03-18, 08:45 PM
I thought you were a member? If so the email to members had all of this info.

Right you are MT. I just located the email you are referring to. I wasn’t really worrying about myself it was more the principle of there being info for prospective new fans.

Mexican titan
10-03-18, 08:52 PM
Right you are MT. I just located the email you are referring to. I wasn’t really worrying about myself it was more the principle of there being info for prospective new fans.

It's too early to put the boot in to anyone yet but it seems the titans marketing is as poor as last year. I'll be interested to see what the ground announcer is like. If he can at least pronounce our players names right that will be a start. I was hoping now that the titans have linked with Hot Tomato that Paul Gale would be back.

Mr Bods
10-03-18, 08:55 PM
^^^ and it appears we will go into our 12th season still without a club song. I guess these things shouldn’t be rushed.

UPDATE-I actually did just find some game day info on the App, it’s a bit limited especially the transport and parking info but I do need to retract my previous post.

DIEHARD
10-03-18, 11:32 PM
Let's see how things go. But I agree with Mr Bods, if content and information isn't getting to the right places, we have to make sure it does in the future. Fans like us who go regularly for years may know the ins and outs, but the info must be out there for general consumption, especially for the coveted new fans.

Yea.. the club song. On the other hand Im glad they didn't introduce something that would have been god awful. I'm not sure what I actually want. Something traditional. Something you can link arms and bang on the fence too.

Mr Bods
11-03-18, 09:28 AM
Yeah thanks DieHard all I’m saying is that In the last 6 months there would be new residents to the Gold Coast or people that have decided to jump onboard this year for whatever reason so for the First Home Game there should be a glut of easily accessible information out there.

Titanic
11-03-18, 09:41 AM
Weather will play its part too, I’m afraid.

Mexican titan
11-03-18, 10:08 AM
Weather will play its part too, I’m afraid.

I'm sort of glad the weather is bad as we can use it as an excuse for what will be a poor crowd, especially compared to the other crowds this weekend and the sellout at Penrith today. I'm wondering just how well the buses will be arranged for the usual train travellers like me as I just wonder how they'll be able to move that many people quickly.
I agree with you Bods, in that the general info has been poor. That and the general lack of marketing (again) is probably part of the reason why our membership is about 4,000 behind the next lowest club. But I guess winning games will cure most of those problems.

Titanic
11-03-18, 03:35 PM
Robina Shopping Centre 20:1 Raiders jerseys to Titans ... got sick of sticking it to them.

DIEHARD
11-03-18, 05:15 PM
I think we need to be realistic that we have some very serious problems. To be thousands of memberships behind when we have new owners and a new coach is very troubling. Also is Titanic's reports of Raiders fans rolling out in colour.

Winning games will help.

Let's keep an eye on all of this as the season progresses.

DIEHARD
11-03-18, 08:41 PM
Crowd for Raiders game, 10,238.

Canon
12-03-18, 08:57 AM
No trains and a miserable looking day wouldn't have helped the crowd. Coming down from the land of the donkeys I normally park and grab a train at Helensvale, but without that as an option I braved Firth Park instead, and was pleasantly surprised. Buses were well organised and rolled in like oranges after the game. Would definitely consider doing it again.

Bayside Titan
12-03-18, 10:48 AM
Crowd for Raiders game, 10,238.

I thought despite the rain and time slot it was a fair crowd.

Titanic
12-03-18, 11:03 AM
Some more performances like that and they’ll all be back plus some :?) sadly I’m back to China Thursday:(

DIEHARD
31-03-18, 09:17 PM
Any PAX on Broncos v Titans?

shamus
01-04-18, 09:48 AM
Don’t know about the crowd at Suncorp but whoever goes can they please note prices of food and drink and compare it to CBus stadium prices. I find $8.30 for a beer and $1.00 for a drinks tray a tad over the top. I will always attend home games but these prices (food and drinks etc) would have to keep people at home. It costs me on average just under $80.00 every home game...and there is only 2 of us. Anyone with kids would be paying similar or more.

ja4220
01-04-18, 03:30 PM
Don’t know about the crowd at Suncorp but whoever goes can they please note prices of food and drink and compare it to CBus stadium prices. I find $8.30 for a beer and $1.00 for a drinks tray a tad over the top. I will always attend home games but these prices (food and drinks etc) would have to keep people at home. It costs me on average just under $80.00 every home game...and there is only 2 of us. Anyone with kids would be paying similar or more.

From my experiences the cost of food etc is very similar across the 3 stadiums (Metricon) as the same company has the contract for all three (Michael O’Brien I think)
This is where the club gets a raw deal, they have no control over the pricing of the food and drink, and get no return from it as I understand. But they cop the criticism.
On the upside at least they will serve you a cold drink. I was at ANZ for the GF and they were serving Luke warm cans and don’t serve ice...

ozynorts
08-04-18, 03:33 PM
Attendance today, 5135

DIEHARD
08-04-18, 04:50 PM
Attendance today, 5135

Well I think the pros outweighed the cons here. Well done Gladstone.

Mr Bods
08-04-18, 08:15 PM
Attendance today, 5135

Bloody hell...well they were a bloody loud 5000 through the TV

Mexican titan
08-04-18, 08:40 PM

The atmosphere came across well on the tv but I think the NRL cannot be playing at venues that have a 5,000 capacity. It really looked like a junior league ground, not to mention that the frequent shots of Dan Murphys kept making me thirsty. I think we are a bigger sport than playing at grounds like this.

Bayside Titan
08-04-18, 08:51 PM

The Pro that means the most for me is that we have left an almighty seed in Happy Rock. There were lots of Titans colours around in the crowd and for a town which is in Broncos heartland we might have just opened the back door to Rockvagus through Happy Rock. Massive pluses for mine.

lonegull
08-04-18, 08:52 PM
Totally agree the atmosphere through the tv at Marley brown oval was electric, you would think there was 4 times the amount there sounded more like a crowd of 20,000

ozynorts
09-04-18, 07:44 AM
They had to restock the beer supplies in the second half so that may have had something to do with it as it was a warm day and plenty of coldies were consumed. Really well behaved crowd overall though.
Was a great day and I think with a little bit of investment in some temporary stands that crowd figure would have been higher. If they reconfigured the hill they could get closer to 10k, better than some eastern sydney crowds.........

JunctionBlock
09-04-18, 10:04 AM
What venues around the Gold Coast could hold say 10,000 people and give that atmosphere?

teke
09-04-18, 12:33 PM
wrong thread

JunctionBlock
09-04-18, 01:43 PM
wrong thread

I'm happy with the thread that it's in.

Mexican titan
09-04-18, 03:24 PM
What venues around the Gold Coast could hold say 10,000 people and give that atmosphere?

None that I can think of. Gladstone would warrant another game if they could get capacity up to about 10,000. Apparently the Sunny Coast was interested at some stage and it would have been interesting to see what they would have attracted. I think that ground there holds a decent crowd these days.

Mr Bods
09-04-18, 05:15 PM

I think if the new Gold Coast United Consortium gets the green light for an A-League licence then their plan is to develop a stadium of around that capacity rather than be held to ransom by the Robina Stadium management.

JunctionBlock
09-04-18, 07:08 PM
I think if the new Gold Coast United Consortium gets the green light for an A-League licence then their plan is to develop a stadium of around that capacity rather than be held to ransom by the Robina Stadium management.

That's what I was getting at. Ditch CBus or give us more negotiating power.

DIEHARD
09-04-18, 11:18 PM
10,000 as a homeground isn't an option. And surely GCU have Buckley's of getting back into the A-League. I mean you got another Brisbane, southern Sydney, Canberra and Tassie bids. And that is just off the top of my head and I'm not a soccer fan.

DIEHARD
28-04-18, 07:05 PM
Titans vs Sharks 12,713

DIEHARD
31-08-18, 01:56 PM
Exciting to see a sell out, fitting for JT.

Anyone still looking for tickets?

JunctionBlock
31-08-18, 06:48 PM
Exciting to see a sell out, fitting for JT.

Anyone still looking for tickets?

My brother and his kid. Text me last weekend and said "when do they go on sale?" hhahahahaha