PDA

View Full Version : Round 9: TITANS vs STORM

DIEHARD
24-04-16, 01:16 AM
<br><br><table width='90%' class='theader'><tr style='font-weight: bold; height: 140px;'><td width='40%' class='bgimg tit'>&nbsp;</td><td width='20%' rowspan='2' style='text-align: center; font-size: 60px;'>vs</td><td width='40%'class='bgimg stm'>&nbsp;</td></tr><tr style='font-weight: bold; font-size: 18px;'><td width='40%'>Gold Coast Titans</td><td width='40%'>Melbourne Storm</td></tr></table><br>
Sun 1 May, 2:00PM Cbus Super Stadium<br><br><table width="100%" id="teams"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" align="right" width="40%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td align="right"><div>William Zillman</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Anthony Don</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Josh Hoffman</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Nene Macdonald</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>David Mead</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Tyrone Roberts</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Cameron Cullen</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>David Shillington</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Nathan Friend</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Ryan James</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Zeb Taia</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Chris McQueen</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Greg Bird</div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Luke Douglas</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Leivaha Pulu</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Agnatius Paasi</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Kierran Moseley</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Lachlan Burr</div></td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td align="right"><div>Neil Henry</div></td></tr></tbody></table></td><td valign="top" align="center" width="20%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td class="tl_position">Fullback</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Wing</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Centre</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Centre</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Wing</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Five-eighth</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Halfback</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Prop</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Hooker</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Prop</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Second Row</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Second Row</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Lock</td></tr><tr><td align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td class="tl_position">Coach</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td valign="top" align="left" width="40%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td align="left"><div>Cameron Munster</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Suliasi Vunivalu</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Richard Kennar</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Young Tonumaipea</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Marika Koroibete</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Blake Green</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Cooper Cronk</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Jesse Bromwich</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Cameron Smith</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Jordan McLean</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Kevin Proctor</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Tohu Harris</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Dale Finucane</div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Kenny Bromwich</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Tim Glasby</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Felise Kaufusi</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Nelson Asofa-Solomona</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Ben Hampton</div></td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td align="left"><div>Craig Bellamy</div></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

DIEHARD
24-04-16, 01:17 AM
I've really been caught up at work lately, but surely I can make a 2pm Sunday game.... I hope.

Titanic Believer
25-04-16, 08:00 AM
Really worried about this one. After four close losses where we scrambled to stay in the game can we lift to another level or will the energy levels give up and we see a blowout? We definitely can't be trying to come from behind.

Smakked
25-04-16, 08:01 PM
I think storm will give us a good touchup , they are to controlled and precise.

Just-a-Fan
25-04-16, 08:10 PM
I think we will be again in this game to the end, but for us i think we do need to start Shillo and Douglas with James out wide to handle the big guy out there and bring McQueen on when Douglas goes off and James can go to the fornt.
For the backs we will never do any good when Zillman remains at FB and Mead on the wing with Hoffman inside Mead
I would drop Hoffman and put Macdonald in the left centre with Zillman out side him on the wing (only cuz he is our captain)
Drop Don give 1 u/2-0 player a run like GL BK or Robert -Davis and I would bring back Davis in the centre spot on the right
Maybe give Peteru a run in stead of Pulu but happy with Pulu
Moseley on the bench but give Friend the last 10mins of the game so he can help guide us home
Give Cullen another go if Taylor is still injured
1 Mead
2 Zillman
3 Macdonald
4 Davis
5 GL BK TRD
6 Roberts/Cullen
7 Taylor
8 Shillo
9 Friend
10 Douglas
11James
12 Taia
13 Bird
14 Paasi
15 McQueen
16 Pulu/Peteru
17 Moseley
Go Blow the Storm away Titans with this team 28 to 20 with Zillman and Hoffman at FB and C 20 to 28 Storms way

5 Year Contract
25-04-16, 08:18 PM
Going to be tough. Might take a touch up to finally give Henry a rocket upside the head about some of his selection choices.

Barrels
25-04-16, 09:22 PM
Going to be tough. Might take a touch up to finally give Henry a rocket upside the head about some of his selection choices.

Of that is what it takes then I more than welcome a thrashing. Just hope he then drops the right players aha.

teke
25-04-16, 10:03 PM
I think the boys can perform well in this game

JunctionBlock
26-04-16, 08:04 AM
I'm worried about how well Storm can move the ball from the middle to the edge and back to the other side if necessary. Hope we give James the task of containing Bromwich. He seems to shine when given assignments.

gotitans101_
26-04-16, 04:04 PM
Pretty much JB, if they get a roll on you down the middle then they have all the firepower in the world to kill you on the edges. Still waiting for the teams list but it'll probably be more of the same with Cullen undeservedly dropping out of the side instead of those who aren't performing.

timor 2
26-04-16, 04:07 PM
1William Zillman
2Anthony Don
3Josh Hoffman
4Nene Macdonald
5David Mead
6Tyrone Roberts
7Cameron Cullen
8David Shillington
9Nathan Friend
10Ryan James
11Zeb Taia
12Chris McQueen
13Greg Bird
INTERCHANGE
14Luke Douglas
15Leivaha Pulu
16Agnatius Paasi
17Kierran Moseley
18Lachlan Burr

Bayside Titan
26-04-16, 04:10 PM
1William Zillman
2Anthony Don
3Josh Hoffman
4Nene Macdonald
5David Mead
6Tyrone Roberts
7Cameron Cullen
8David Shillington
9Nathan Friend
10Ryan James
11Zeb Taia
12Chris McQueen
13Greg Bird
INTERCHANGE
14Luke Douglas
15Leivaha Pulu
16Agnatius Paasi
17Kierran Moseley
18Lachlan Burr

Walks in ......... Looks at team list. Starts a Fullback..... Sighs and swears a fair bit ....... Walks out.

JunctionBlock
26-04-16, 04:14 PM
Well its a cut and paste of last weeks so we may still see some changes considering how much credence is put into any coaches tuesday list. I'm not saying the fullback position will be different but who knows.

gotitans101_
26-04-16, 04:26 PM
The cut / paste thing is something the NRL really needs to really look at. I'm seeing it more & more often now that coaches are getting lazy and just cut / pasting the same team lists every Tuesday before issuing the real lineup half an hour before kickoff. Not only does it make it a nightmare for fantasy players but even as far as betting goes as well.

Barrels
26-04-16, 04:54 PM
Im just sick of Zillman at Fullback. We won 3 out of 5 with mead there surely that means something. Henry just isn't getting the message.

JunctionBlock
26-04-16, 05:03 PM
The cut / paste thing is something the NRL really needs to really look at. I'm seeing it more & more often now that coaches are getting lazy and just cut / pasting the same team lists every Tuesday before issuing the real lineup half an hour before kickoff. Not only does it make it a nightmare for fantasy players but even as far as betting goes as well.

Have a go at Manly team list. This is a cut and paste from under the team list on NRL.com ........

After coach Trent Barrett said he was "no hope" of playing on Monday, Brett Stewart (hamstring) has been named at fullback for the Sea Eagles as has Tom Trbojevic (ankle). Matt Parcell is 18th man.

Toads
26-04-16, 05:36 PM
Walks in ......... Looks at team list. Starts a Fullback..... Sighs and swears a fair bit ....... Walks out.

What you mentioned there BT is pretty well where I've been the last couple of weeks with it. I use to plan my weekends around our games, but now on Tuesday's I can tell whether to bother or not. Hopefully that will change once we name another regular Fullback in future.

gotitans101_
26-04-16, 05:54 PM
Have a go at Manly team list. This is a cut and paste from under the team list on NRL.com ........

After coach Trent Barrett said he was "no hope" of playing on Monday, Brett Stewart (hamstring) has been named at fullback for the Sea Eagles as has Tom Trbojevic (ankle). Matt Parcell is 18th man.

lol they finally named Parcell at 18th man instead of starting, only took them 2 weeks.

Dooldog76
26-04-16, 06:04 PM
Seriously?!! I want Henry to put the players on notice. He said he was building a development club. Now is his time to prove it and get a youngster in. We have a centre that can't tackle and won't pass and a full back that offers nothing in attack and a genuine star on the wing. It baffles me.

Bayside Titan
26-04-16, 06:35 PM
What you mentioned there BT is pretty well where I've been the last couple of weeks with it. I use to plan my weekends around our games, but now on Tuesday's I can tell whether to bother or not. Hopefully that will change once we name another regular Fullback in future.

Hahahah. A few weeks behind you mate. Least I know what is the next stage of this grief that we are going through.

Titanic
26-04-16, 11:06 PM
Yep, what happens next is: someone pees on a police car; another goes for DUI; another whacks his wife/girl/mother and; the rest of the team gets done on mushies ... ya gotta luv em :)

teke
27-04-16, 02:48 AM
If i had even the slightest confidence in any backline attacking ability Id be quietly confident of a Titans victory.

Storm are shot in the outside backs, they can be beaten this weekend.

Manzo
27-04-16, 01:16 PM
marika and young tonamapia? are injured

Surfers66
27-04-16, 01:22 PM
If i had even the slightest confidence in any backline attacking ability Id be quietly confident of a Titans victory.

Storm are shot in the outside backs, they can be beaten this weekend.

I thought their backs had great games Monday. If they run those same plays against us they will rack up 40 pts.

teke
27-04-16, 01:44 PM
I thought their backs had great games Monday. If they run those same plays against us they will rack up 40 pts.They have Koriobete and Tonumaipea out, add Chambers to that and it's a vastly diff side to the one that beat the Titans a few rounds back.

Titans are nowhere near as bad as the Warriors side that the Storm thumped

Titan4Life
27-04-16, 05:56 PM
If we keep up the effort and heart from last weeks game (In fact all games except Dragons game) this is very winnable. Different looking side to the one we lost to earlier in the season. Plus not at the Melbourne fortress this time.

Melbourne looked sharp on Monday night but hopefully we can come out and take advantage of their weakened side. Can't let them get off to a good start like we seem to be good at.

TITAN PETE
27-04-16, 05:56 PM
They have Koriobete and Tonumaipea out, add Chambers to that and it's a vastly diff side to the one that beat the Titans a few rounds back.

Titans are nowhere near as bad as the Warriors side that the Storm thumped

I agree with you mate , if Ash plays we'll win this game , all up the Sharks beating the donkeys :eyebrows:

Titanic
27-04-16, 07:34 PM
We should roll out the Port Moresby tactic and take visiting teams fishing and run out of petrol ... a good dose of sunburn and dehydration won us quite a few games.

Manzo
28-04-16, 06:26 AM
does any1 no if Koriobete and Tonumaipea are actually out? every website seems 50/50

5 Year Contract
28-04-16, 08:31 AM
4 loses on the trot....better name an unchanged team! Henry=Genius

Toads
28-04-16, 12:49 PM
4 loses on the trot....better name an unchanged team! Henry=Genius

Oh well, at least we know 'accountability' hasn't yet entered dressing shed/s. It's something I thought would've been high on the agenda once Searle, Carty 'n Co exited the the place.

Manzo
28-04-16, 04:06 PM
http://www.nrl.com/storm-suffer-more-injuries-to-outside-backs/tabid/10874/newsid/95361/default.aspx