PDA

View Full Version : Round 6: SHARKS vs TITANS

Pages : [1] 2

DIEHARD
02-04-16, 06:20 PM
<br><br><table width='90%' class='theader'><tr style='font-weight: bold; height: 140px;'><td width='40%' class='bgimg sha'>&nbsp;</td><td width='20%' rowspan='2' style='text-align: center; font-size: 60px;'>vs</td><td width='40%'class='bgimg tit'>&nbsp;</td></tr><tr style='font-weight: bold; font-size: 18px;'><td width='40%'>Cronulla Sharks</td><td width='40%'>Gold Coast Titans</td></tr></table><br>
Sun 10 Apr, 2:00PM Shark Park<br><br><table width="100%" id="teams"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" align="right" width="40%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td align="right"><div>Ben Barba</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Sosaia Feki</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Jack Bird</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Ricky Leutele</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Valentine Holmes</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>James Maloney</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Chad Townsend</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Andrew Fifita</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Michael Ennis</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Sam Tagataese</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Luke Lewis</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Wade Graham</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Paul Gallen</div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Jayson Bukuya</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Chris Heighington</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Matt Prior</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Joseph Paulo</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Gerard Beale</div></td></tr><tr><td>&nbsp;</td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td>&nbsp;</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td valign="top" align="center" width="20%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td class="tl_position">Fullback</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Wing</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Centre</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Centre</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Wing</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Five-eighth</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Halfback</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Prop</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Hooker</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Prop</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Second Row</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Second Row</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Lock</td></tr><tr><td align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td class="tl_position">Coach</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td valign="top" align="left" width="40%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td align="left"><div>David Mead</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Anthony Don</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Josh Hoffman</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>John Olive</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Nene Macdonald</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Cameron Cullen</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Ashley Taylor</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>David Shillington</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Nathan Friend</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Ryan James</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Zeb Taia</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Chris McQueen</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Greg Bird</div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Luke Douglas</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Leivaha Pulu</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Agnatius Paasi</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Daniel Mortimer</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Eddy Pettybourne</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>William Zillman</div></td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td>&nbsp;</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Barrels
02-04-16, 07:16 PM
Sharks are playing some entertaining footy. This should be an interesting match.

JunctionBlock
02-04-16, 08:15 PM
Hopefully Gallen resumes his ball hog duties and keeps the ball in the middle.

Dooldog76
03-04-16, 07:56 AM
I actually think we can get the Sharks comfortably, if either Taylor and Roberts are fit and we use Cullen. Saw him at the souths trial and he looked confident and backed himself to the take on the line. Our forward pack is killing it, our halves need to run at the line more. I really hope they shift zillman to wing or centre. Mead is a weapon at fullback, get's caught out positionally sometimes but I'll take that if he continues to put the effort in. Zillman is pedestrian at best. i also think it's time for don to go to q cup and bring Brian kelly in on the wing.

Geeman
03-04-16, 01:21 PM
I think this will be a real grind. Both teams have strong, mobile forward packs.
It depends who we have in the halfs as to how competitive we will be, as the sharks pair are starting to gel...

mdrew
03-04-16, 02:21 PM
Cameron Cullen ha a very good game for Burleigh this afternoon, I know that it is a big step up to NRL but all he can do is do his best against the players in front of him

Manzo
03-04-16, 05:16 PM
I actually think we can get the Sharks comfortably, if either Taylor and Roberts are fit and we use Cullen. Saw him at the souths trial and he looked confident and backed himself to the take on the line. Our forward pack is killing it, our halves need to run at the line more. I really hope they shift zillman to wing or centre. Mead is a weapon at fullback, get's caught out positionally sometimes but I'll take that if he continues to put the effort in. Zillman is pedestrian at best. i also think it's time for don to go to q cup and bring Brian kelly in on the wing.

levi lee might be ahead of the pecking order (above BK)

TitanSam
03-04-16, 05:44 PM
levi lee might be ahead of the pecking order (above BK) who's this 'Levi Lee' you're always talking about?

teke
03-04-16, 08:48 PM
I didn't realise Zilly made his come back for Tweed today, he'll be fit and firing for this weeks Sharks game!

Manzo
03-04-16, 08:55 PM
who's this 'Levi Lee' you're always talking about?

am i always talkin about him?

no sorry all i was saying is he is maybe above BK in pecking order, he debut for us last year against the dogs..................
playin ok in qld cup, but dont no much about him...

http://www.titans.com.au/team/profiles/leva_li_0.html

talent wise i have no idea if he is above brian- all i no is he is big, and fairly quick

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't realise Zilly made his come back for Tweed today, he'll be fit and firing for this weeks Sharks game!

wow- anyone no how he went?

DavidBouveng
03-04-16, 09:02 PM
i think he was comfortably outshone by a former under 20 fullback who had to leave due to Z's unwarranted mortgage on the first grade jersey.

Manzo
03-04-16, 09:05 PM
where did he play?

DavidBouveng
03-04-16, 10:05 PM
where did he play?

Fb, pushing Walker to the Wing.

Which tells mes there was at least two other better fullbacks playing in that game than our co captain...

gotitans101_
04-04-16, 03:02 AM
Well, it could be worse. At least Zilly is being given some time in the lower grades before returning. I have my doubts that Carty would have done the same thing.

JunctionBlock
04-04-16, 05:08 AM
It would appear he scored a try but then again, the opposition scored 8.

Manzo
04-04-16, 07:43 AM
anyone got the highlites of the match?

Dooldog76
04-04-16, 10:40 AM
Why oh why do we persist with Zillman.

shamus
04-04-16, 10:42 AM
According to Henry, Zillman had a great match. Scored a try with his first touch and set the other one up (Tweed only scored 2). Henry also said he was great defensively (WTF! 8 tries conceded!) If I read between the lines it will be Zillman back and FB and Mead back to wing.

Manzo
04-04-16, 10:45 AM
well olive was not good against the donks, we cant blame inside players for all his mistakes. he missed 5 tackles, gave away penalty and had some dropped balls-- and really was not at all flash during the match

Titanic
04-04-16, 11:42 AM
anyone got the highlites of the match?qrl.com.au post highlights of every QCup game ... some take a few days to get up though.

gotitans101_
04-04-16, 12:05 PM
Isn't Davis due back soon?

TitanSam
04-04-16, 12:47 PM
Zillman is a liability to this side.

1. Mead
2. Don
3. Hoff
4. Nene
5. Olive

Is what we should be going with and what I think is our strongest backline. Meady was excellent at the back. Zillman would've given away at least two more tries.

Titan4Life
04-04-16, 05:24 PM
Expecting either of these two situations tomorrow:

a). Zillman selected at fullback with Mead selected on the wing and either Nene or Olive being dropped

b). Zillman selected in the centres replacing Olive, with Mead keeping his FB spot

Sounds like he will come back this weekend definitely after getting through the full QCUP game (1 try, 1 TA). Pretty disappointed he comes straight back in but will see how he goes.

Dooldog76
04-04-16, 05:52 PM
I like olive a lot. He's had five or six first grade games, was switched positionally against one of the better centers in the game and had a shocker. No shame there at all. He's just finding his feet. I'm hoping Davis is fit. I think you are right titan4life, zillman will stroll back into fullback. It will probably mean olive who misses out despite the fact that McDonald and don have looked tired and disinterested. It's a shame that we are starting to look good but we have to find room for a captain that no one rates at all except the coach. On another note, pulu and James to come off the bench, they are killing it!!!!

Toads
04-04-16, 06:17 PM
Surely Zillman can't stroll straight back into the team 'n nab the #1 jersey. Meady currently owns that just with his defensive game alone (loved that try-saving hit on Oates the other night.), let alone his metres gained ratio . :)

Not keen to talk like this, but at the moment all I got is. **** off, Zillman.

Dooldog76
04-04-16, 06:23 PM
I agree. But what do we do with our captain and who is on 300k a year. Have to play him somewhere.

Titan4Life
04-04-16, 06:23 PM
David Mead hoping to retain Titans fullback jersey ahead of William Zillman
April 3 2016, 4:51pm
Travis Meyn

DAVID Mead says he has done all he can to retain the Gold Coast’s No. 1 jersey as co-captain William Zillman prepares to return to the field.

Zillman has not been seen in the NRL for nearly a year but scored a try in Tweed Heads’ 42-8 loss yesterday and is contention for the Titans’ trip to Cronulla on Sunday.

Mead has been one of the Gold Coast’s best in their impressive start to the season, relishing the opportunity to play five consecutive games in his preferred position.

The 27-year-old ran for a team-high 162m from 19 carries and scored his first try of the season against the Broncos last Friday.

It would be a big call by coach Neil Henry to replace Mead with Zillman immediately given the improvements he has shown. But Zillman could return on the wing in place of Nene Macdonald and Mead said he was preparing for a showdown with Sharks No. 1 Ben Barba.

“Hopefully I’ve done enough,” Mead said.

"I'm still going to work hard and fight for it.

“If Zilly and I are working hard to get that position then it’s only healthy for the team.

“To start the year off with five games has certainly helped me. I feel like I’ve improved each week. I’m seeing the game a bit better from fullback.

“I know I have a lot of room for improvement which is a good thing.”

Mead, off-contract this season, has always been a strong ballrunner but his positional play and struggles to run out a game have worked against him in the past.

Under new fitness boss Matt Ford, Mead overhauled his training regimen and has not longer experienced the cramping he has in the past.

"My fitness has been pretty good,” he said.

“Fordy and Sean (Edwards, strength coach) have got me on a good program this pre-season.

“I did a lot more explosive training and repeated efforts. In previous years it was a lot more aerobic with long-distance running.

“They specified that for a couple of us outside backs to help us with how the game’s played and that’s helped a lot.”

Mead got a first-hand look at what it takes to be an elite NRL fullback with Darius Boyd’s classy performance on Friday night.

Ball-playing fullbacks like Boyd and North Queensland’s Lachlan Coote bring a whole new dimension to a team and Mead said it was a part of his game he was working on.

"I can do a bit more ball-playing,” he said.

“I have to work on that tip-on to the centre or winger. It takes a bit of experience and time to develop that.”

Mead made a blunder in the opening set of the Broncos game which led to a Brisbane try but Henry was full of praise for his “brave” performance.

“He’s had a tremendous game,” Henry said.

“He took it upon himself to try and get momentum. He launched himself at Corey Oates to force an error.

“That’s how he plays. He’s a very brave player.”

teke
04-04-16, 07:47 PM
I've heard Mead praise Zilly a fair few times over the yrs but never the other way around.

IpswichTitans
04-04-16, 09:46 PM
Nene should be dropped over Olive imo. Olive plays with heart and is a constant threat. Nene has the softest ball return in the game and lacks energy. I like Nene but the bloke looks out of it so far this season.

JunctionBlock
05-04-16, 05:23 AM
Guess it's a long wait till we get team lists this arvo. Zillman is an inevitability, I prefer to live in hope that Mortimers name won't make the list, I think at the moment he is more detrimental to our squad.

Manzo
05-04-16, 08:18 AM
i think mead will keep FB, henry has praised him abit there and his team mates really like him comming up through the middle

but yeah zilly will probally slot in somewhere

indoallstars
05-04-16, 09:37 AM
I actually didn't mind Zillman at centre, thought he was much better there than Hoffman and probably now Nene. Nene has the potential but it may be best now to drop him to reserve grade to get him hungry for first grade and gain some confidence.

I would have my team for this week:

1. Mead
2. Don
3. Zillman
4. Olive
5. Hoffman/ GL
6. Cullen
7. Taylor (if fit to play)

Mind you I still have plenty of doubts about Zillman and Hoffman going forward, our young guys are already breathing down their necks...Wait till next season!

timor 2
05-04-16, 11:26 AM
Titans
1 David Mead
2 Anthony Don
3 Josh Hoffman
4 John Olive
5 Nene Macdonald
13 Greg Bird
7 Ashley Taylor
14 Luke Douglas
9 Nathan Friend (c)
10 Ryan James
11 Zeb Taia
12 Chris McQueen
15 Agnatius Paasi

Interchange
16 Leivaha Pulu
17 Daniel Mortimer
18 Eddy Pettybourne
20 Lachlan Burr

Coach: Neil Henry

5 Year Contract
05-04-16, 11:40 AM
Titans
1 David Mead
2 Anthony Don
3 Josh Hoffman
4 John Olive
5 Nene Macdonald
13 Greg Bird
7 Ashley Taylor
14 Luke Douglas
9 Nathan Friend (c)
10 Ryan James
11 Zeb Taia
12 Chris McQueen
15 Agnatius Paasi

Interchange
16 Leivaha Pulu
17 Daniel Mortimer
18 Eddy Pettybourne
20 Lachlan Burr

This is the confirmed team? Dont like Bird at 5/8 again. Basically one less ball running forward. Why you wouldnt call up Cullen is beyond me. Happy to see no Zillman but geeze after last week send Olive to the wing he was woeful in defence.

Manzo
05-04-16, 11:59 AM
team shouldn't b released yet?

i think it will be

Titans
1 David Mead
2 Anthony Don
3 Josh Hoffman
4 Will Zillman
5 John Olive
6 Tyrone Roberts / Cameron Cullen
7 Ashley Taylor
8 David Shillington
9 Nathan Friend (c)
10 Agnatius Paasi
11 Zeb Taia
12 Chris McQueen
13 Greg Bird

Interchange
15 Luke Douglas
16 Ryan James
16 Leivaha Pulu
17 Daniel Mortimer
18 Eddy Pettybourne

Titanic
05-04-16, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to cut blokes ... two weeks ago they were magic in everybody's opinion. Cullen should come in if Roberts is still out, Shillington for Pettybourne (who was ineffective) and drop Mortimer. Bloody Zillman, scores a try and let's in how many in QCup ... WTF?

5 Year Contract
05-04-16, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to cut blokes ... two weeks ago they were magic in everybody's opinion. Cullen should come in if Roberts is still out, Shillington for Pettybourne (who was ineffective) and drop Mortimer. Bloody Zillman, scores a try and let's in how many in QCup ... WTF?

Agreed. I wouldnt drop Olive I still think he offers plenty I would just move him to his preferred position of wing. You cant move mead from fullback after last week his kamikaze defense was amazing to watch last week and saved a few certain tries. Cullen has to come in keep bird where he is most effective. Is Mosely fully fit yet would have him there instead of Morts. Would also bring James into the starting pack.

Just-a-Fan
05-04-16, 12:18 PM
If Zillman get picked he will go FB and would mean Olive will get dropped
This is how i see the team picked cuz i am pretty sure Taylor is good to play
I hope Zillman stays Qcup and Olive goes to wing and Macdonald goes left centre
1Mead/Zillman
2Don
3Hoffman
4Olive/Macdonald
5Macdonald/Mead
6Roberts/Cullen
7Taylor
8Douglas
9Friend
10Shillington
11Taia
12McQueen
13Bird
14James
15Paasi
16Pulu
17Mortimer

teke
05-04-16, 12:33 PM
Everyone should know by now that Timor posts the correct team list.

JunctionBlock
05-04-16, 12:51 PM
So still no Shillo and Roberts. No Zillman is a surprise, he mustn't be training the house down. Sadly surprised that we sign Cullen as cover for the halfs, he gets MOM has a blinder of a last game, can't do much more than that however we are going to persevere with can't kick Birdy rather than give him his chance. I think that would be disheartening. Fingers crossed with some game day surprises.

As for the Nene/Olive discussion, I think Davis was ahead of Olive and should probably be able to come back into the team when his shoulder is better.

Thanks for the early news Timor 2.

IpswichTitans
05-04-16, 12:54 PM
Titans
1 David Mead
2 Anthony Don
3 Josh Hoffman
4 John Olive
5 Nene Macdonald
13 Greg Bird
7 Ashley Taylor
14 Luke Douglas
9 Nathan Friend (c)
10 Ryan James
11 Zeb Taia
12 Chris McQueen
15 Agnatius Paasi

Interchange
16 Leivaha Pulu
17 Daniel Mortimer
18 Eddy Pettybourne
20 Lachlan Burr

This is the team from last week vs Broncos....

shamus
05-04-16, 01:10 PM
As per Titans site..

1 David Mead
2 Anthony Don
3 Josh Hoffman
4 John Olive
5 Nene McDonald
6 Cameron Cullen
7 Ashley Taylor
8 David Shillington
9 Nathan Friend
10 Ryan James
11 Zeb Taia
12 Chris McQueen
13 Greg Bird
14 Luke Douglas
15 Leivaha Pulu
16 Agnatius Paasi
17 Daniel Mortimer
18 Eddy Pettybourne
19 William Zillman

timor 2
05-04-16, 01:21 PM
Everyone should know by now that Timor posts the correct team list.

Thanks Teke yeah I logged onto NRL at 12:23pm to be precise and they had Nrl Teams for round 6 so I just Cut and pasted, then I went back on after lunch and it was taken down? Sorry Guys for the Mistake.. Good to see Cullen get a shot in Nrl.

Cheers Sean

lonegull
05-04-16, 01:30 PM
great to see Cullen get a chance

gotitans101_
05-04-16, 02:14 PM
damn no Davis

Dooldog76
05-04-16, 04:29 PM
Same team as last week, but bird has been switched back to lock and Cullen is in. Zillman named on an extended bench but Henry says there will be a back line shuffle.

Manzo
05-04-16, 04:30 PM
Titans
1 David Mead
2 Anthony Don
3 Josh Hoffman
4 John Olive
5 Nene Macdonald
6 Cameron Cullen
7 Ashley Taylor
8 David Shillington
9 Nathan Friend (c)
10 Ryan James
11 Zeb Taia
12 Chris McQueen
13 Greg Bird

Interchange
14 Luke Douglas
15 Leivaha Pulu
16 Agnatius Paasi
17 Daniel Mortimer
18 Eddy Pettybourne
19 Will Zillman

neil spoke about outside backs having a reshuffle so..........

Toads
05-04-16, 06:02 PM
So come Sunday, Mead pushed to Wing and Hoffman 'n Zillman will continue with the Fullback/Centre shuffle.

If that's the case, our for/against record will blow out for the first time this season.

Supergoose
05-04-16, 10:22 PM
If Zillman comes in the I hope it's at left centre with Hoffman at left wing. Olive and Don on the right. Wasn't great to switch Olive to the left last week. I reckon it was response to how bad our left side had been previously, but that didn't fix it.

GCTitanFan
05-04-16, 11:12 PM
Henry: We'll find a place for Zillman

Providing there are no ill effects from his first competitive game of the season last Sunday Titans co-captain William Zillman will line up against the Sharks on Sunday; coach Neil Henry just isn't sure exactly where.

Zillman was named in jersey No.19 by Henry on Tuesday but after a solid hit-out for Tweed Heads last Sunday will take his place in the backline providing the calf injury that kept him sidelined for the opening month of the season doesn't flare up again this week.

Initially cryptic in his answer as to whether Zillman would come into the 17, Henry said his 156 games of NRL experience would ensure that the 29-year-old co-captain of the club would play if fully fit.

"If he says I'm right to go and on the back of last weekend's game we'll find a spot for him somewhere in the team," Henry said.

"It's really a difficult one, there's competition on for spots there. Nene Macdonald has been reasonably strong and 'Hoffy' (Josh Hoffman) has been improved in the last couple of games and Nathan Davis might be able to play Q Cup this week.

"There's a bit of depth in the outside backs and a fight for positions which is healthy but we'll see how 'Zilly' pulls up."

Given David Mead's performances in the fullback position in the first five games of the season it would appear unlikely that Zillman would unseat him in what would be his first NRL game since May 16 last year and subsequent back surgery.

The more likely scenario would be for Zillman to return in the centres at the expense of either Nene Macdonald or John Olive, a decision that won't be made by Henry until later in the week.

Regardless of where he plays, Henry said Zillman's inclusion will not be as a result of his standing within the club but more what is best for the team.

"It's whether or not he's earned the right to be there and I'll pick the team to win a game," Henry said.

"Players are fighting for positions irrespective. He's been out of the game a long time but there's certainly some faith in a guy that has played so much footy as well in that position.

"John Olive's more a left-side centre or wing and Zilly has obviously played most of his football at fullback and I thought he was quite sharp for Tweed in a well beaten team and 'Meady' has done nothing wrong."

The Titans have yet been unable to field the same 17 in consecutive weeks this season and while Henry concedes it does have an impact on their cohesion, praised the work of the forwards for keeping them in each of the five games they have played.

"We have been a bit disjointed but I've been happy with our forward pack," said Henry, who has a 6-3 winning record against Shane Flanagan coached teams.

"The guys that have been getting out there have been getting the job done for most of the game but it's a big challenge down there against Fifita and Lewis and Gallen.

"They've won their last two games and last start at home a very strong, gritty performance against Melbourne. It's a tough place to go down to."

mdrew
06-04-16, 09:08 AM
Good story about Cullen making his debut

http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2016/04/06/cullen_to_make_nrl_d.html

DavidBouveng
06-04-16, 02:33 PM
the interesting quote is this "It's whether or not he's earned the right to be there and I'll pick the team to win a game," Henry said.

thats one of the first times anyone at the club has ever publicly expressed the slightest hint Zill might not make a side.

on the back of playing for tweed...could the tide be turning?

- - - Updated - - -

Good story about Cullen making his debut

http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2016/04/06/cullen_to_make_nrl_d.html

If cullen does well he has the potential to be a neat little bench option if no one else came knocking.

tough little guy, would rip in at hooker for 20 -25 mins, and comfortably cover halves and even jump into back row like cronk was for QLD if needed.

Titanic
06-04-16, 02:41 PM
Just watched the Tweed highlights and Zillman was his usual turnstile self ... watch Murgha's second try and his general poor positional play. I have to say if he is selected this week then our selection criteria is woeful. Also his try was very ordinary.

Gee, what does it take to deal with such an inept character? Quoting his 154 NRL game 'experience', the vast majority of which were in Titan's teams getting flogged, is ridiculous.

Surely we are better to carry an emerging player with an eye to the future rather than this Muppet.

GCTitanFan
06-04-16, 04:33 PM
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/video-see-titans-debutant-cullen-can/?adbsc=social_20160406_60198596&adbid=1117691344938774&adbpl=fb&adbpr=110919635615955

Titanic
06-04-16, 05:39 PM
Good find GCTF, two comments: (1) great to see him taking notice of Greg Bird's secret weapon ... his tongue, and (2) Cullen does something amazing with his hands on the ball. I looked it up and found that its called 'passing'. I am writing a letter to Neil Henry to inform of this development in the hope that he might ask his backline to consider using this wonder-skill when they play next.

On point (2), I watched the Broncos game again last night and it was apparent that our forwards pass more often between each other than our backs do. I sat in front of an old coach at the game last Friday who nearly shouted himself mute demanding that the backs pass the ball ... couldn't agree more, however, he didn't seem to realise that the chief offender was none other than ... you guessed it ... our favourite ball hog ... the one and only, Hoffman/J. In his defence, he has passed the ball three times this season (a) once to the second row (of the grandstand), (b) once for a try, and (3) once for an intercept :)

GCTTSD
06-04-16, 05:56 PM
Cullen looks like a very good player and should be given a chance in the bench hooker role when Roberts comes back. Looking forward to see how he goes this weekend

Mexican titan
06-04-16, 06:15 PM
So come Sunday, Mead pushed to Wing and Hoffman 'n Zillman will continue with the Fullback/Centre shuffle.

If that's the case, our for/against record will blow out for the first time this season.

I have started to accept that Zilly will play but I'm hoping that it is at centre with Olive to wing and Nene out. Nene needs to hit the line and not prop/jink as he gets there as he is big enough to occasionally break through. I just think Olive has more potential so I would persist with him.

5 Year Contract
08-04-16, 07:05 AM
Gold Coast Titans: William Zillman to return at fullback against Cronulla Sharks
April 8, 2016 12:00am
Emma GreenwoodGold Coast Bulletin

William Zillman is likely to make his Titans comeback at fullback against the Sharks on Sunday. Picture: Glenn Hampson.
WILLIAM Zillman is set to wear the No.1 in his first NRL game in almost a year after training comfortably at fullback yesterday.

Zillman was named on an extended Titans bench earlier this week when coach Neil Henry revealed his team for Sunday’s clash at Cronulla.

But the Gold Coast coach hinted there could be changes if Zillman pulled up well from his first match of the regular season after missing the opening five NRL rounds with a calf strain.

David Mead was named at fullback after filling in for Zillman to start the season and Henry admitted he faced some tough choices ahead of Sunday’s clash.

“I thought (Zillman) was quite sharp for Tweed in a well-beaten team and Meady (David Mead) has done nothing wrong there either,” Henry said. “It’s really a difficult one, there’s competition on for spots there.

“There’s a little bit of depth in the outside backs and a fight for competition, which is healthy. We’ll see how Zilly pulls up.”

Even though Zillman was co-captain it wouldn’t impact on the *decision.

“It’s more whether or not he’s earnt the right to be there and I pick the team to win a game,” Henry said.

“He’s been out of the game a long time but there’s certainly some faith in a guy that’s played so much footy as well in that position. Normally if he says he’s right to go we’ll find a spot for him somewhere.”

In an indicator of a likely switch, Zillman ran at fullback during yesterday’s training with Mead on the left wing.

John Olive has played in all five games so far after injuries to Nene Macdonald and Nathan Davis. But he looks set to cop the axe in a backline reshuffle.

Agnatius Paasi’s barnstorming start to the season looks set to be rewarded with a contract extension and possible upgrade.

Titans chief operating officer Brian Canavan has held informal talks with Paasi’s manager on the cult forward extending his deal with the Titans until the end of 2018.

The former Warrior joined the Titans on a train-and-trial deal last season and was one of the club’s most consistent in a tough 2015.

He signed a two-year deal in the off-season but given his form, the Titans are already looking to lock him up.

“It’s not one of those ones where there’s a (looming) deadline. Conceptually, the manager and the club are both on the same page.”

__

OH FFS!!!!!!! Sorry Henry for every bit of good you do your selection at times is an absolute ****ing head scratcher. After the heart and stopping power Mead showed last week for you to do this means I will never be 100% behind you. Bring on the sharks belting.

DavidBouveng
08-04-16, 09:02 AM
i read elsewhere that Zill might play centre. that is still a pain, but way better than him playing FB

5 Year Contract
08-04-16, 10:16 AM
i read elsewhere that Zill might play centre. that is still a pain, but way better than him playing FB

Yeah I can live with him playing centre. At least it somewhat stiffens the line defence up a little. I just cant see them moving Mead after his game against the broncos. He prevented multiple tries that night with beautiful 1 on 1 tackles.

karnage
08-04-16, 10:31 AM
So to bring Zillman in we disrupt the fullback, centre and wing positions. That's a selection decision from the height of the Cartwrong era.

Titanic
08-04-16, 10:40 AM
The thought of watching Zillman's turnstile defence and him getting smashed on those ridiculous inside balls has taken the optimism out of this year's hard work ... WTF is Henry thinking? Is he totally blind? Is the board totally blind and can't demand that the best players play in their best positions?

Toads
08-04-16, 10:41 AM
Sharks by 18.

Titanic Believer
08-04-16, 10:47 AM
My concern is that with Zillman in, no matter what the position, the outside backs takes on a look of the underperforming backline of last year but minus Roberts. Its hard to get excited about the same old faces:( If we are going to get beaten lets get some learning experience for the young guys at least. Oh well, with such a time off maybe Zilly will regain something that people thought he had originally.

JunctionBlock
08-04-16, 11:10 AM
Do the VBookie odds get adjusted due to this news? Guessing the Sharks are coming into 1.01

Surfers66
08-04-16, 11:46 AM
Theres still time left for him to be ruled out by injury.

Bulletin Reports : Zillman out of Sharks Clash, Hurts back while doing the washing up.

JunctionBlock
08-04-16, 12:29 PM
I dunno, maybe Henry didn't watch the highlights from his match on the weekend. He wasn't within a cooee of 7 of the 8 tries scored against his team in a lower grade (to the point where I was wondering if he played a full game) and yet he gets to unseed Meady who we all know what he's been doing in first grade.

I guess the Saints will be happy to hear the news that they will break their hoodoo for going scoreless next week.

5 Year Contract
08-04-16, 01:50 PM
All these promising rookies coming through and they will never get a chance because Zillman can just walk back onto the team no matter what his form is. Bonehead move Henry. Way to start undoing all the good we started this year off with. With any luck Zillman is injured again and retires. Only way we are rid of his absolute bull**** for the next to years.

Titanic
08-04-16, 09:32 PM
I don't blame Zillman ... who wouldn't like to get 250k+ just for turning up? The queue starts here.

TITAN PETE
08-04-16, 11:19 PM
I don't blame Zillman ... who wouldn't like to get 250k+ just for turning up? The queue starts here.

$250k plus plenty closer to $4+ for a part time horse whispering nuffy

Just-a-Fan
09-04-16, 06:57 AM
WTF Zillman what has he got on the coach and staff there really think Titans COO should look into this as I am sure he can see he not a NRL player been out for a Year and had 1 game in Qcup and let in 5 tries scored 1 and he ready to lead the us what a JOKE

JunctionBlock
09-04-16, 08:03 AM

But he gets paid the same for staying away. Perhaps he should enter politics.

Manzo
09-04-16, 08:38 AM
WILL Zillman is set to play his first NRL game in almost a year this Sunday and will slot straight into the fullback hot seat.

The club co-captain returned in Queensland Cup last week following ongoing back and calf injuries. He was named on an extended bench this week by coach Neil Henry.

However, he trained in the custodian role on Thursday, with David Mead shifting to the left wing, Nene Macdonald moving to centre and John Olive dropping out.

Henry remained tight lipped when questioned, but admitted he faced a tough decision on his backline.

“I thought (Zillman) was quite sharp for Tweed in a well-beaten team and Meady has done nothing wrong there either,” Henry said.

“It’s really a difficult one, there’s competition on for spots there.
“There’s a little bit of depth in the outside backs and a fight for competition, which is healthy. We’ll see how Zilly pulls up.”

Ashley Taylor (shoulder) and David Shillington (hip) trained on modified programs this week but will be right to play.

Young gun Nathan Davis (shoulder) is aiming to be fit, but would play Queensland Cup.

Meanwhile, Penrith’s James Segeyaro (broken arm) and Dean Whare (calf) are eyeing round eight returns.

“Whare had a really good run today, and ‘Chicko’, it’s just a matter of waiting until the break heals. It’s getting closer every week,” coach Anthony Griffin said ahead of Saturday’s match against North Queensland.

TitanSam
09-04-16, 08:47 AM
Mead could play the house down, with several try-saving tackles and huge line breaks but Zill will always slot back there for some reason.

ozynorts
09-04-16, 09:30 AM
Mead could play the house down, with several try-saving tackles and huge line breaks but Zill will always slot back there for some reason.

He hasn't had a line break this year according to Total Footy Stats........ or a try assist......
For all his courage and running metres Mead doesn't offer much else in attack. He is however the best FB we have. If he could add a kicking game and the ability to chime into the line and become a threat as a passer he would be the FB fulltime regardless of who else was in the team.....
(sits back and awaits the stones that will get thrown my way)

TitanSam
09-04-16, 09:34 AM
He hasn't had a line break this year according to Total Footy Stats........ or a try assist......
For all his courage and running metres Mead doesn't offer much else in attack. He is however the best FB we have. If he could add a kicking game and the ability to chime into the line and become a threat as a passer he would be the FB fulltime regardless of who else was in the team.....
(sits back and awaits the stones that will get thrown my way) I was just exaggerating, just saying Zillman will have that spot no matter how good Mead/Hoff play.

Toads
09-04-16, 09:37 AM
I got a boulder here, ozy. But it's reserved for Mr Henry if Zillman waltzes out in the #1 on Sunday.

DavidBouveng
09-04-16, 10:16 AM
(sits back and awaits the stones that will get thrown my way)

i agree with what your saying ozy. have always said he is our best bet, but doesn't really have a passing or kicking game.

a few factors about that are:

1. he would have developed those skills more if he had been playing there for the last few years as he should have been. he would be coming into his prime about now, but we have kept Zillman who also cant do those things, as well as not having meads strengths. this is thanks to Carty and Searle.

2. With LG and Ash, i think we can get away with a strong running, support play type FB who is safe as hell back there and has improvement left in him like Mead.

3. Coote, Munster, and a bunch of others would be a better option as they are more developed already. but until we sign someone Mead is clearly the best choice.

4. If Mead had have been FB for last few years, i believe he would at least be co captain by now also.

none of that is in argument to you at all Ozy, just my take on how we have wound up here. we have mismanaged Meads career and the FB role for going on 5 years.

DIEHARD
09-04-16, 10:26 AM
Cronulla Sharks v Gold Coast Titans
Southern Cross Group Stadium
Sunday, 2pm

For the second season in succession the Titans are handing a half an NRL debut at the home ground of the Sharks but will Cameron Cullen have the same immediate influence that Kane Elgey did 12 months earlier?

Elgey's introduction in Round 4 last season saw the Titans scrape past the Sharks 24-22 thanks largely to a James Roberts intercept try and the team progressed to win four of their next five games.

The visitors have gotten off to a brighter start in 2016 but an experiment with former Shark Greg Bird back at five-eighth against Brisbane last week was not effective so coach Neil Henry will blood Cullen instead.

It's yet another disrupted preparation for a Titans team that has been unable to field the same side two weeks in a row this season who will face a Sharks outfit looking more settled and menacing with each week that passes.

The addition of captain Paul Gallen against the Wests Tigers was a timely boost on the back of a short turnaround and coach Shane Flanagan has been able to name the same 17 for Sunday, Gerard Beale included as 18th man.

Since their 24-22 loss to the Titans last season the Sharks have won six of their past nine games at home and stole a one-point win on the Gold Coast in Round 10 last year courtesy of a Valentine Holmes field goal.

Watch out Sharks: 12 months ago the debut of Kane Elgey conspired to sink the Sharks and another NRL rookie half shapes as the Titans' most dangerous weapon this Sunday. Given a level of responsibility that his experience would not normally warrant against the Broncos last week, Ashley Taylor refused to be daunted and fought through a shoulder injury to help engineer his side's comeback from 16 points down. His kicking game close to the line has shown to be one of the finest in the NRL and his five try assists puts him second only to Johnathan Thurston among the competition's leading playmakers. With debutant Cameron Cullen alongside him, Taylor will be the danger man when the Titans enter the Sharks' red zone.

Watch out Titans: We've been waiting three years to see some semblance of the Ben Barba that enraptured the NRL in 2012 and more than at any other time that spark seems to be returning. He has scored three tries in the first five weeks of 2016 and each of those have coincided with a Sharks victory, including the past two weeks against the Storm and Wests Tigers. His seven tackle busts last week was second only to James Tedesco and he is equal for try-saving tackles with Greg Inglis. A sunny Sunday at Shark Park might just be the perfect stage for Barba to light up the NRL again.

Key match-up: Paul Gallen v Greg Bird. It's impossible not to look at the match-up of these two teams and not be drawn to the head-to-head confrontation that will occur between 'Blues Brothers' Gallen and Bird. Two close mates who spent seven seasons together at Cronulla, Gallen and Bird bring markedly different skill sets to their respective teams but each represent the spiritual heart. In his first game since Round 1 last week Gallen ran for 154 metres, had three tackle busts, an offload and a line break while Bird struggled with coming to grips with a late switch to five-eighth. With a return to lock forward expect Bird to be much more around the middle of the field on Sunday and to make it his personal mission to keep Gallen quiet.

The history: Played 13; Sharks 7, Titans 6. The youngest of the Sharks rivalries, the Titans have been victorious in their past two visits to Cronulla but have a record of just three wins from eight previous meetings in the Shire. The past three years have seen close contests between these two sides with their past four clashes being decided by six points or less.

What are the odds? Sharks $1.30, Titans $3.55. All of the early money has gone on the Titans due to the big price of $5 that was offered by Sportsbet. Gold Coast have been the big firmers as a result but the Sharks have been popular to win by 1-12 in the winning margin market. Latest odds at Sportsbet.com.au

Match officials: Referee: Grant Atkins. Assistant Referee: Alan Shortall. Touch Judges: Jason Walsh and Tim Roby. Review Officials: Bryan Norrie and Steve Chiddy. Senior RO: Bernard Sutton.

Televised: Fox Sports – Live 2pm

How we see it: The Sharks are showing the signs that many predicted would carry them into the top four before the season kicked off. Their mix of hardened forwards and exciting young backs is combining well and Barba is nearing his brilliant best. The clash of the forwards will be intense early on but the class of the Sharks backline may be more effective at taking advantage of any opportunities that arise. Sharks by four points.

http://www.nrl.com/

Titanic Believer
09-04-16, 11:50 AM
This one looks like the real test for the team. Sharks looked very sharp last week so we will have to shore up our backline weaknesses to get in cooee of them. I have confidence in our pack to do the job.

For the record I am prepared to give Zilly the benefit of the doubt, if in the past he was playing unfit, but would much prefer him to get match fitness and timing, under his belt with a few games in Qcup.

teke
09-04-16, 02:23 PM
i agree with what your saying ozy. have always said he is our best bet, but doesn't really have a passing or kicking game.

a few factors about that are:

1. he would have developed those skills more if he had been playing there for the last few years as he should have been. he would be coming into his prime about now, but we have kept Zillman who also cant do those things, as well as not having meads strengths. this is thanks to Carty and Searle.

2. With LG and Ash, i think we can get away with a strong running, support play type FB who is safe as hell back there and has improvement left in him like Mead.

3. Coote, Munster, and a bunch of others would be a better option as they are more developed already. but until we sign someone Mead is clearly the best choice.

4. If Mead had have been FB for last few years, i believe he would at least be co captain by now also.

none of that is in argument to you at all Ozy, just my take on how we have wound up here. we have mismanaged Meads career and the FB role for going on 5 years.You'd get a thumbs up from Scott Prince aswell if he was on here. He's wanted the Titanium Kumul in that role yrs ago.

Titanic
09-04-16, 09:17 PM
The best we've got going for us is Flanagan who in my opinion is in the bottom few coaches in the NRL.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 10:37 AM
Cant wait to see Zillman no where near where tries are scored coupled with his back issues stopping him from stopping players on the line #fivemoreyears!!!

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 12:54 PM
Putting aside the obvious disappointment of Zillman getting handed his fullback position back I hope Cullen has a good solid debut. Sorry for Meady and all the other young fellas who are going to be continually screwed over by a has been or never was.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:10 PM
That was awful miss from Macdonald but good effort to chase him down. Knock on all day that ball time to see the bunker work properly. ABSOLUTE ****ING DISGRACE!!!!!!!

teke
10-04-16, 01:11 PM
Looool nene got stepped while chasing from behind

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 01:14 PM
And here I thought that when a player knocks a ball onto the ground towards the oppositions try line it was a knock on. Bunker is on fire already. One second it was a knock on then it was a try.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:14 PM
Cronulla shark moving backwards drags the ball forward. That is an absolute woeful miss by the bunker there

lonegull
10-04-16, 01:15 PM
More tv's than Harvey Normans warehouse can't see a knock on, refs already being influenced by home crowd

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 01:16 PM
It would appear that Maloney is exempt from knock on calls today

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:16 PM
Liking our go forward today. Keep the defence up I reckon we got the sharkies here bull**** ref calls aside

lonegull
10-04-16, 01:18 PM
These refs only 9 minutes in have already lost control of this game

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:20 PM
These refs only 9 minutes in have already lost control of this game

Yep looks like the ref clearly influenced crowd will be our biggest hurdle today

- - - Updated - - -

that and weeeeak right hand defence

Titanic
Is Zillman on the field?

JunctionBlock
Nene not impressing anyone today. Has anybody seen our fullback today?

lonegull
10-04-16, 01:22 PM
What a terrible start to a game once again will be interesting to see if they can stay in the grind today with the refs and crowd against them

- - - Updated - - -

Nene not impressing anyone today. Has anybody seen our fullback today?

Twice he ran through in the inside 2metre I front of the ball carrier other then that we have only 12 man on the field as zilly hasn't been seen

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:23 PM
What a terrible start to a game once again will be interesting to see if they can stay in the grind today with the refs and crowd against them

Yep another poor start. Ref's not helping some absolute ****e calls again but all year we grind and grind and get back into the game. Time to see what we are made of

- - - Updated - - -

Yep another poor start. Ref's not helping some absolute ****e calls again but all year we grind and grind and get back into the game. Time to see what we are made of

Nene needs to go back to Q Cup and learn how to defend. Doesnt seem to be learning with game time in first grade right now

titanfan1980
10-04-16, 01:23 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Twice he ran through in the inside 2metre I front of the ball carrier other then that we have only 12 man on the field as zilly hasn't been seen

Lol he pushes on those when it's not really on then when we do need him to be there he's not, why about the 5th tackle penalty from our captain! Also that first try was knock on every day of the week

gotitans101_
10-04-16, 01:24 PM
It's no coincidence they're attacking our right side with Nene over there, he's not a good defender at all.

mdrew
10-04-16, 01:25 PM
What a grub Ennis and he did not even get penalised!

JunctionBlock
Found him, he caught a 5th tackle grubber and the commentators started to sing his praises like it was the second coming of christ.

Great Friend off for a concussion test and we don't get a penalty for a high shot?

5 Year Contract
NO PENALTY THERE!!! Sharks can milk a crusher. This is a absolute stitch up

- - - Updated - - -

I dont believe it! Zillman with a try saver

titanfan1980
10-04-16, 01:27 PM
Hahahahahahaha zillman had a chance to say somethings about the rubbish calls and says nothing

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 01:28 PM
Bird is fired up. Get ready for a six week suspension but hopefully he does it dumping Ennis on his head.

gotitans101_
10-04-16, 01:28 PM
wow, you know you're bad when you let Matt Prior score

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:29 PM
**** this is turning into a farce pretty quickly here

- - - Updated - - -

Yet ennis shoulder to head goes unpunished???

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 01:29 PM
No report for Ennis' hit on Friend but Birdy gets screwed for a good hard hit.

titanfan1980
10-04-16, 01:30 PM
So if birds contact to the head was a penalty and report what the hell was Ennis on friend????

Toads
Is half our team on report yet?

Barrels
greg bird shoulder on head goes on report. mick ennis shoulder on head gets off free. bull****

TitanSam
I never look to blame the ref but Christ there's been some shocking calls

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 01:31 PM
Hopefully the rest of the team follows Bird and starts hurting these MOFO's

mdrew
10-04-16, 01:31 PM
16 missed tackles already and five penalties conceded not good enough

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:33 PM
like what I see from cullen attacking the line

- - - Updated - - -

Sharks ball!!!! we got no hope today

JunctionBlock
Cullen knock on. This is a farce.

ozynorts
Bird needs to get his head back in the game and stop letting Ennis get to him.

Toads
10-04-16, 01:35 PM
Zillman has mastered falling to the ground at the defensive line. At this rate he'll never ahceive another linebreak ever. :laugh:

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 01:36 PM
Moritmer is out cold.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:37 PM
Desperately need something against the run of play here. Starting to get away from us. Poor 5th tackle options so far

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 01:38 PM
Looks like James elbow to the head during the tackle may not have helped and then his head struck the ground. He shouldn't come back, all jokes aside. Not a good feeling.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:39 PM
and juuuuuuust like that

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 01:39 PM
Desperately need something against the run of play here. Starting to get away from us. Poor 5th tackle options so far

Ok, what's this weeks oz lotto numbers?

Toads
10-04-16, 01:40 PM
Onya Nene, a bit of redemption there. :)

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:40 PM
Ok, what's this weeks oz lotto numbers?

Next prediction.....Zillman will be retained at fullback next week. dun dun DUUUUUNNNNNN!!

Titanic
10-04-16, 01:41 PM
James did what Henry wouldn't and got Mortimer out. Macdonald goes the distance ... back in it.

teke
Desperately need something against the run of play here. Starting to get away from us. Poor 5th tackle options so fardid u just cheat and post this after nenes try? Lol

Barrels
only an intercept could give us a try.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:42 PM
only an intercept could give us a try.

HAHAHA ZILLMAN! paaaaasss mate

mdrew
10-04-16, 01:42 PM
Great pass by Zillman

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:43 PM
did u just cheat and post this after nenes try? Lol

hahaha! In all my years supporting the titans this has gota be the first time something I hoped would happen did

mdrew
10-04-16, 01:44 PM
Another great pass by Zillman

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:45 PM
Ok I have to admit Zillman is running good lines at the line...****ing atrocious passing....happy to see him at centre if he keeps this up

gotitans101_
10-04-16, 01:45 PM
Joel Caine "Zillman is looking quick"

What? He's slow as f***.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:46 PM
CULLEN YOU RIPPER!!!!!! thats it boys keep grinding we got them on the backfoot. Im hoping to see Ash taylor attack the line like this as well

ozynorts
Good stuff young man

JunctionBlock
Next prediction.....Zillman will be retained at fullback next week. dun dun DUUUUUNNNNNN!!

http://i.imgur.com/aB3jP2x.gif

Barrels
ill give zillman credit. hes looking quick and running descent lines. passing needs work though.

- - - Updated - - -

CULLEN TRY

ozynorts
10-04-16, 01:47 PM
Ok I have to admit Zillman is running good lines at the line...****ing atrocious passing....happy to see him at centre if he keeps this up

He has backed up a runner twice and created line breaks. We haven't had anybody doing that so far this year. Pity about his passes though.

Barrels
hopefully lewis doesnt come back

Titanic
Cullen ... bewdy!!! Great passage of play. Out muscling these ar$eholes.

mdrew
Very good comeback Titans

TitanSam
10-04-16, 01:48 PM
Yoo congrats Cam!!

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:48 PM
Didnt need that at all before half time birdy

Barrels
10-04-16, 01:49 PM
we need to learn to just take the hit up

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:51 PM
Poor defence out wide again

- - - Updated - - -

****ING ZILLMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

simple ****ing pickup! Thats what fullbacks do and Zillman ****s it. Thats on you henry

Barrels
10-04-16, 01:51 PM
all praise on zillman receded

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:52 PM
all praise on zillman receded

I second this

Barrels
what a let off

teke
The other FB in the team takes it and goes 100

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:54 PM
1 more chance before half time. Length of the field job?

Barrels
10-04-16, 01:55 PM
we're spent. half time cannot come quick enough

5 Year Contract
NO ADVANTAGE!!!!??????

JunctionBlock
1 more chance before half time. Length of the field job?

Perhaps be specific and say, Titans length of the field.....

ozynorts
10-04-16, 01:57 PM
Zillmsn knocks on and gets crucified by many but Ash Taylor knocks on and nothing.

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 01:58 PM
Zillmsn knocks on and gets crucified by many but Ash Taylor knocks on and nothing.

We like Ash, plus if you wanna break it down into touches per mistake.....

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 01:58 PM

As others said he had open space in front of him if catches that easy ball on his chest. Ash Taylor with an awful knock on at the end but its not 1m out from out line and he's not taking the place of someone clearly better than him

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:00 PM
Pleasant surprise that Fox commentary has the Titans back for once. Nothing for Ennis but Bird gets put on report for a hit that is neither high nor late. "He was put on report because of his reputation".

rj62
10-04-16, 02:00 PM
Keep it coming guys....at work - no radio - no nothing

Not heard Ash's name that much....they keeping him in check?

I'm relieved we haven't had the expected whitewash with the inclusion of Zillman........yet

ozynorts
10-04-16, 02:01 PM
My point is that he cops it more than others got making the same errors. He has more line breaks in one half of footy than Mead in 5 games.

rj62
Pleasant surprise that Fox commentary has the Titans back for once. Nothing for Ennis but Bird gets put on report for a hit that is neither high nor late. "He was put on report because of his reputation".

Ennis doesn't have a reputation?

Titanic
Gee Ozy, there is no comparison in expectations between a debut-seasoned Taylor and 154 game Zillman.

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:02 PM
Very happy for Cullen too. Playing very well. He could have been the difference last week.

25 missed tackles and 7 penalties at half time. Damn

Toads
10-04-16, 02:03 PM
To Ash's defence, ozy. He is digging in all round.

Zillman's is lookin' better than usual, but his golden moments are going missing because of the stupid passes. The era of relying on luck to win games should've left the establishment when Cartwright did. That's all I'm drawing out of Zillman's efforts today (so far).

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:04 PM

Exactly, that's what was refreshing to hear the half time commentary actually say exactly what we are saying. How does Ennis not get reported and Bird does. Now they're bagging the dirty mongrel for trying to pick up Friend after his shoulder to his face. Hopefully he'll get cited after the game at the very least.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, that's what was refreshing to hear the half time commentary actually say exactly what we are saying. How does Ennis not get reported and Bird does. Now they're bagging the dirty mongrel for trying to pick up Friend after his shoulder to his face. Hopefully he'll get cited after the game at the very least.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:12 PM
Like nearly every game this season we hang in there after a poor opening 20. I would love to see us start well for once. Refereeing has been awful. That first try was a farce clearly knocked on. Our go forward is good but our defence is not solid out wide. 25 missed tackles isnt good enough. If we can stop the errors and the referees start not listening to the crowd we can go on and get the win here.

Zillman: in his first game back its clear he is not our best fullback. HOWEVER! I will give it that he is running hard at the line and if he could actually pass and stiffens his defence up id consider him for centre.

Cullen: Liking what I see so far. Tough little bastard who takes the line on. Taylor has been pretty quiet would like to see him do the same and a few more attacking kicks.

All in all pretty much sitting where we have sat all games so far this season. Hanging in there, alot to do. Some consistent play and the odd piece of good luck and we win this

- - - Updated - - -

We are eating metres to start the 2nd half. Keep is up boys

ozynorts
10-04-16, 02:13 PM
Not sure our last tackle options are as good as previous weeks.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:14 PM
Well done Zilly!!! repeat set

ozynorts
10-04-16, 02:15 PM
That's better

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:16 PM
ASH TAYLOR!!!! been waiting and he takes the line on and scores!!!

- - - Updated - - -

hahahaha the dummy sends Gallen into no mans land

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:16 PM
I'm liking Cullen. He's seems to playing this game like any other game. Takes on the line, not worried in the slightest.

Ash Taylor finally with the show and go.......TRY.

Barrels
10-04-16, 02:17 PM
Keep it coming guys....at work - no radio - no nothing

Not heard Ash's name that much....they keeping him in check?

I'm relieved we haven't had the expected whitewash with the inclusion of Zillman........yet

you'll hear it now cause he Atay just put us in the lead.

- - - Updated - - -

really like cullen too. I would be more then happy to have him replace mortimer off the bench.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:18 PM
Kickoff out on the full. Lets go boys! Put em' to the sword

Barrels
we can really put this game to bed soon. We really need to keep us this form, we are looking really good right now.

5 Year Contract

- - - Updated - - -

really like cullen too. I would be more then happy to have him replace mortimer off the bench.

Yep way more pace and go forward than morts

Barrels
oh yeah, shark fin soup time.

rj62
10-04-16, 02:19 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Hearing Cullens name a fair bit.......good stuff.....

Gotta love Ash...

JunctionBlock
Sharks kick off out on the full. Birdy taking Maloney out has been one of the best advantages we could have ever hoped for.

Repeat set. Sharks are looking like wobbygongs.

5 Year Contract
great kick from a-tay with ennis on him

Barrels
10-04-16, 02:20 PM
wow sharks are falling apart here

5 Year Contract
Try here is desperately needed!!! COME ON!!!!!

rj62
Is Bird playing as hard as I'm reading....?

5 Year Contract
FFS Hoffy! Need to catch that and you in

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:21 PM
Cullen with a cutout pass at the line which Hoffy can't hang on too.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:21 PM

Yep hes giving it his all. Was too aggressive to start but has settled down nicely now

Barrels
10-04-16, 02:22 PM
we gotta defend good now and not give away any porr penalties

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:22 PM

Bird was playing like it was Origin. He's a bit calmer now.

ozynorts
10-04-16, 02:23 PM
Love the live score addition at the top

Barrels
10-04-16, 02:24 PM
good kick from cullen, the more i see the more i like

- - - Updated - - -

yeah sharks aren't looking too sharp now, losing maloney has really hurt them.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:24 PM
Poor 5 minutes from us. Errory from us inside halfway line. Sharks gaining momentum back

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:25 PM
Sharks are trying to rally. Lots of pats on backs for any Titan mistake. Fifita doing his best up the middle....as I type that he scores.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:27 PM
FFS Sharks score. Wheres our fullback!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sharks take the lead and momentum from nothing more than our mistakes. Not good enough boys

teke
10-04-16, 02:28 PM
Can't defend that Fafita try, too good

Barrels
10-04-16, 02:28 PM
again that comes off an error we didn't need. Sick of us pushing passes we shouldn't be. Need to calm the boys and get them under control.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:29 PM
Jesus christ wrap the ****ing ball up there

ozynorts
10-04-16, 02:29 PM
Need a good strong set here

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:30 PM
Go back to that Hoffman error and we are pushing passes we dont need

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:30 PM
Easy metres up the middle for the Sharks. Zeb playing in the middle in defence now or was he just helping out? Might need to go to the bench. Sharks big men rolling over us.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:31 PM
Sharks all the momentum here, We arent getting off the line at all

- - - Updated - - -

Huge letoff there. Need to get rolling here. Get our fresh big men back on ASAP

Barrels
10-04-16, 02:31 PM
not sure where zillman has gone. He shouldn't play first grade again i reckon

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:32 PM
COME ONNNNNNN. Ennis makes a mistake and drops it cold I expect 13 players to run over and clap in his face and pat him on the head gear. GRUB

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:33 PM
Great kick undone by woeful chase. We are unravelling here

- - - Updated - - -

another HUUUUUGGGEEE letoff. We are gone seriously whats going on

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:34 PM
Early kick in the tackle count and our left side didn't push up so lost all the ground we were trying to gain.

Fifita just stepped Zilly.

Barrels
10-04-16, 02:34 PM
thank god fifita dropped that, we are spent again. probably could have been an obstruction in there somewhere, couldnt see Zillman, again.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:35 PM
NOT A PENALTY!!! NOT A PENALTY AT ALL IM ****ING DONE WITH THIS GAME. Thank god for that. Great hit Bird

JunctionBlock
Birdy just smashed Barba. His foot was on the ground sir.....

teke
Hahaha Bird.

He's got 2 gears, off and kill

Barrels
10-04-16, 02:36 PM
barbas foot is on the ground there, they cant reverse this

JunctionBlock
Titans ball and Barba got smashed. Got one back. Woohoo. I love Bird when he plays for the Titans, absolutely hate the dog when he plays for NSW. LOL

Barrels
good shot their by bird.

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:37 PM
Hahaha Bird.

He's got 2 gears, off and kill

:laugh:that hit was magic

- - - Updated - - -

We needed that! Great roll on out of our half to tie it up. Should settle it down for us and halt the sharks momentum

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:38 PM
Special mention to Friendy as well, goes off for a concussion test and comes back and still is our best defender and tackler.

20 All.

5 Year Contract
hahaha birdy loving the boos there

- - - Updated - - -

Yes penalty to us!!! lets get rolling again

Barrels
we are really looking in a bad way here, forwards need to step up big time. Mead to fullback now surely, zillman to centre, next week he can go back to q cup, we dont want him.

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:39 PM
Now this sharks crowd knows how we felt in the first half. Three penalties in a row for us.

ozynorts
10-04-16, 02:39 PM
We are starting to get the 50/50 calls now

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:40 PM
C'mon Ash need a better kick there

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:40 PM
5th tackle grubber just had too much on it from Ashtay. Now for the wrestle. If we force an error this is our game.

Barrels
10-04-16, 02:41 PM
defensively we are lost now

- - - Updated - - -

penalty now will kill us

5 Year Contract
Sharks gaining easy metres here. Field goal at 68mins??? I can deal. Sharks up by 1

JunctionBlock
Dang. Sharks FG. 21-20 11 to go.

Barrels
feild goal, with 10 mins left, surely that should rally us now, we gotta go down down feild and hard

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:42 PM
1st half refs are back

Barrels
10-04-16, 02:43 PM
****ing hell ARRGRGHUHJHH

- - - Updated - - -

this reffing, hope kinga gives them a mouthful

5 Year Contract
Sharks look like they are in here. Titans ran out of steam

JunctionBlock
Looks like the Sharks are in the corner. Zillman looked like he put a good hit on but just wasn't good enough.

Hopefully obstruction....

Not lucky enough. That'll be a try

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:44 PM
For ****s sake big ask here

- - - Updated - - -

All we can hope is they miss the kick to give us a chance here

titanfan1980
10-04-16, 02:45 PM
why are the commentators praising zillman a tackle!!!!!!!!!! Did they not see Meadys last week on Corey Oates?

Barrels
we are spent, we cant play 80 minutes, what a missed oportunity this has been. Mead would've stopped that try i reckon.

5 Year Contract
Ok converted try is all that will win it for us here

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:46 PM
Whats with the jazz hands from the dorks in the crowd?

DIEHARD
Bloody hell that field goal and try might have sealed it.

I think the Sharks have looked more in control.

5 Year Contract
Yep and look at that HENRY. Who let the potential game winning try in?????

Titan4Life
10-04-16, 02:47 PM

Seriously mate?? Zillman absolutely smashed him but it was all freak work by Valentine. No stopping that.

Barrels
we have had a bad time with the refs today. Really dissapointed by the refs and by Zillman

JunctionBlock

The Bunker with the first "try" of the night IMO!

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:48 PM
Well its going to take luck or brilliance here. im going with luck

Barrels
poor set finish there

psmitty
I think Taylor and Cullen are looking good. Things looking good for the future of our halves.

Also think a lot of you are going a bit overboard with the Zillman hate. I am not a big fan either but I think some exaggerate how bad he is.

Barrels
10-04-16, 02:49 PM
you take away that first ****ty ass "try" and its a one point bal game

JunctionBlock
Terrible 5th tackle option. Good to see Mead though, no wonder he doesn't like playing wing. Never sees the ball.

Barrels
penalty would be nice here footy gods

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:50 PM
Ive honestly been a bit disappointed by Passi the last few. Not the impact he once had at the pre-season/ first games

DIEHARD
10-04-16, 02:50 PM
Still a change if we can get a converted try...

5 Year Contract
10-04-16, 02:51 PM
And thats the game to the sharks.

- - - Updated - - -

or is it!!!!!!!!!

Barrels
surely thats a high shot

5 Year Contract
theres the luck we might just need

JunctionBlock
10-04-16, 02:52 PM
I don't think it would have been a bad idea for Mead and Zilly to swap in and out today. Zilly is looking tired as you'd expect after so long out.

That's the ball game. Or maybe not.....high on Cullen, hope he's OK. He didn't immediately get up.

5 Year Contract
will come down to this. Repeat set needed at the worst

Barrels
shoulder into the head, penalty

DIEHARD
10-04-16, 02:53 PM
Come on come on, one last shot here. Penalty helps.