TITAN PETE
13-03-16, 09:41 PM
Let's hope for a dry night :thumbsup:

Just-a-Fan
13-03-16, 10:26 PM
My team would be like this for the Tigers
Mead
Don need the ball more seems to be able to find the line with some good ball
Davis no other player to pick from and needs to learn to use his winger too or maybe McQueen
Macdonald line breaker and off load
Olive speed to burn
Roberts stay in control
Taylor get more involed
Douglas need to just hold the ball
Friend but cant play 80 wish he could
Shillington needs to lead and not to drop the ball
McQueen try get a understanding with Roberts
Taia look ok maybe more hole running of Taylor
Bird made me eat my words so far this year keep it up
Passi I know should be starting spot but offers great impact and we seem to lose our way after 25 min and plays better on the left
James same as Passi better impact
Peteru if fit / Pulu/Pettybourne Peteru great in defense and can hit the ball up with a good off load
Moseley need to study Friend so he can take over his roll out there
Well I am sure not every one will see it the same way

karnage
14-03-16, 05:36 AM
Let's hope for a dry night :thumbsup:

8.30pm kickoff on a Saturday night - even if it's not raining it won't be dry!!:drinkies:

Titanic
14-03-16, 11:13 AM
@j-a-f, just about the only person who won't see it your way is the coach who will add Zillman into the mix this week and keep Hoffman and Mortimer in the 17.

GCTTSD
14-03-16, 03:05 PM
Olive should be in the team this week for hoff or nene

Show and Go
14-03-16, 03:18 PM
All I ask is that Zillman isn't in the side.

JunctionBlock
14-03-16, 05:17 PM
I'm thinking Davis may not be able to line up this weekend. Apparently he has a shoulder issue. Arm was in a sling.

Just-a-Fan
14-03-16, 06:27 PM
Hey does anyone know if Olive can play right center cuz he does have some speed and seems to be able to tackle

TitanSam
14-03-16, 06:30 PM
Hey does anyone know if Olive can play right center cuz he does have some speed and seems to be able to tackle I'd have Nene right centre, Olive and Hoff to swap around on that left edge

karnage
14-03-16, 07:20 PM
If our game is anything like this game the Tigers are playing against Manly it is going to be a lot of fun out there on Saturday night!!;)

Barrels
14-03-16, 07:43 PM
i actually think it could be pretty entertaining next week. DCE is looking good ;)

JunctionBlock
14-03-16, 07:58 PM
Wow, Tigers are looking the goods. Tedesco is a force to be reckoned with next week. I think we should pray for rain and that the short turnaround affects them.

karnage
14-03-16, 08:30 PM
Wow, Tigers are looking the goods. Tedesco is a force to be reckoned with next week. I think we should pray for rain and that the short turnaround affects them.

No mate. We want a dry night and a fast open game so that we can entertain the few people that turn up to bring them back out again for the Broncos game two weeks later.

teke
15-03-16, 01:30 AM
This Titans team maybe inexperienced as a unit but there are a lot of players in the squad who have the ability to pull together and strangle the Tigers out of the game like they did to the Storm in most :laugh: of the 1st half.

The team now has 2 play makers that should be creating stuff,

Mead needs to stop fluffing around the back being a simple passer and hit the line out wider and much straighter, he'd be terribly hard to handle,

Wingers need more punch in their carries, Im almost certain we are missing Olives bustling momentum.

We can expect errors just like any other side so im not gonna say this person or that person lost the game (except for Myles...fk him). Hoff got towelled up by a pretty good centre, Im gonna predict he wont deliver that form again this yr.

Im excited for this match

JunctionBlock
15-03-16, 06:25 AM
No mate. We want a dry night and a fast open game so that we can entertain the few people that turn up to bring them back out again for the Broncos game two weeks later.

How about we just pray for a win cause if we lose to a team that we are supposedly in a three way race to the wooden spoon then the crowds won't come as Annersley keeps saying. Rd 5 will be a full house regardless.

karnage
15-03-16, 09:31 AM
How about we just pray for a win cause if we lose to a team that we are supposedly in a three way race to the wooden spoon then the crowds won't come as Annersley keeps saying. Rd 5 will be a full house regardless.

There's no 3-way race for the wooden spoon. The Knights are a spoon moral with Manly the only danger!!

I would appreciate any news on Nathan Davis and how his shoulder/arm has come up. I thought he had blown his pectoral when I watched the game. Hopefully he is alright.

Bayside Titan
15-03-16, 10:12 AM
The way Tigers are playing has me worried. Titans can't take these guys lightly or we will get lapped.

Manzo
15-03-16, 11:18 AM
need to drop hoffy or put him on wing, missed 6 tackles against Melbourne (2 against knights) tyrone also kicked about 150m LESS against melbourne

just some stats :0

timor 2
15-03-16, 04:02 PM
Titans
1 David Mead (Marist Bros Lismore)
2 Anthony Don (Grafton Ghosts)
3 Josh Hoffman (Norths Mackay)
4 Nathan Davis (Hinchinbrook Hornets)
5 Nene MacDonald (Cairns Brothers)
6 Tyrone Roberts (West Newcastle)
7 Ashley Taylor (Toowoomba)
8 David Shillington (Brothers juniors)
9 Nathan Friend (c) (West Juniors)
10 Agnatius Paasi (Mangere East)
11 Zeb Taia (Enfield)
12 Chris McQueen (Kingaroy Red Ants)
13 Greg Bird (Maitland Pumpkin Pickers)

Interchange
14 Luke Douglas (Yamba Dolphins)
15 Ryan James (Bilambil Jets)
16 Leivaha Pulu (Marist Saints)
17 Daniel Mortimer (Orange CYMS)
18 Eddy Pettybourne (Mascot Jets

JunctionBlock
15-03-16, 04:17 PM
Good news that no Zilly and Davis seems OK. I would think Pettybourne would make the team ahead of Pulu.

Manzo
15-03-16, 05:33 PM
hopefully, hoffy better correct his issues with defense........ he will pair opposite simona?

IpswichTitans
15-03-16, 06:43 PM
Davis will be up against Simona. Hoffy is marking Naiqama

Mr Bods
16-03-16, 10:58 AM
Sick of injuries taking longer to heal than at other clubs
Greg Condon must go.

Titanic
16-03-16, 01:49 PM
I think our selectors read the Forum :thumbsup: as they should :)

5 Year Contract
16-03-16, 06:56 PM
I really hope we can get up in this game. Especially since should we lose im sure we will no doubt get the "Zillman will add a desperate needed injection of leadership to the struggling titans" that will bound to come up should we drop a few matches.

karnage
17-03-16, 09:24 AM
I really hope we can get up in this game. Especially since should we lose im sure we will no doubt get the "Zillman will add a desperate needed injection of leadership to the struggling titans" that will bound to come up should we drop a few matches.

This. Times a thousand.

gotitans101_
17-03-16, 04:49 PM
Teddy gonna carve us up

DavidBouveng
17-03-16, 08:16 PM
Teddy gonna carve us up

i think he will too, but it will say more about his incredible form, and there isn't many teams he wouldnt carve up right now.

looking forward to watching him play up close on saturday

teke
17-03-16, 08:35 PM
The Tigers good form is a good reason for Teddys form.

JunctionBlock
18-03-16, 07:48 AM
Which is why I'm praying for rain. They can't play their expansive football without a high error rate. I believe our forwards have it way over the Tigers pack and would rather a grind than a scramble.

Toads
18-03-16, 08:03 AM
I got a slight suspicion that tomorrow night might be the defining moment of the Tigers season, with Tedesco getting busted up 'n join Copley on the bench for most of the season. I'd even go as far to say Nene might have a hand in on it. :p

karnage
18-03-16, 12:12 PM
Davis is out.

- - - Updated - - -

Olive in so I am thinking that McDonald will come into the centres and Olive will stay on the wing. I like Davis so I hope he returns quickly.

DIEHARD
18-03-16, 01:00 PM
Schick Hydro Preview: Gold Coast Titans v Wests Tigers
http://www.nrl.com
Cbus Super Stadium
Saturday, 8.30pm (AEST)

There's been much to like about two teams who three weeks ago were given very little hope of being competitive let alone boasting three wins from four games between them.

Where the Titans have tried to build a team capable of playing finals football on the back of seasoned forwards the Tigers are thriving on youthful exuberance and a longer leash provided by coach Jason Taylor.

Where the Titans were professional in disposing of the Knights at home in Round 1 the Tigers put on an early blitz against both the Warriors and Sea Eagles before giving up big leads and having to win each game a second time.

The Titans have named Agnatius Passi in the starting side with Ryan James on the bench, but don't be surprised if they switch again before kick-off, while the Tigers have been forced to make on change from their big win over Manly with Kyle Lovett coming in for the injured Curtis Sironen.

Watch out Titans: There is no more dynamic ball-runner in the game right now than James Tedesco and the Wests Tigers fullback has shown a penchant for scoring four-pointers against the Titans. Tedesco was at his electrifying best against the Sea Eagles on Monday night and when he runs onto Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday night will be odds-on to score a try against the Titans for the fourth game in succession. He may not have got a touch but even his presence for the Tigers' first try against Manly exemplified just how brilliant his combination with Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses can be and then backed up for a try of his own. Absolutely explosive at the moment.

Watch out Tigers: With a halves combination still finding their feet the influence of Greg Bird was going to be crucial for the Titans and he has responded by turning back the clock to playing the type of football that earned him man of the match awards in Origin. Two superbly timed passes for tries in Round 1 were followed by another try assist against the Storm along with 81 running metres and 26 tackles in 63 minutes. Everything Bird does challenges the commitment of the opposition and meeting his intensity will be one of the Tigers' toughest assignments.

Key match-up: David Shillington v Tim Grant. Two senior props with Origin in their past find themselves at new clubs and with young and impressionable first-graders all around them. After laying a good platform in Round 1 Shillington had a mixed night against the Storm on Sunday, making two crucial errors and giving away two penalties that put his team under pressure. Tim Grant was excellent for the Tigers in the opening exchanges against the Sea Eagles after running 113 metres against the Warriors in week one. They won't be the players who kick the winning field goal but they will be the ones who set the tone for their team in the opening 20 minutes.

The history: Played 15; Titans 8, Wests Tigers 7. A head-to-head rivalry that has never been more lopsided than two games since the Titans won the opening two contests in their inaugural season in 2007. The past six meetings have been shared three apiece with two of the Tigers' wins on the Gold Coast coming courtesy of field goals to Robbie Farah (Round 9, 2012) and Pat Richards (Round 1, 2015). All told the Tigers have four wins from nine games against the Titans on the Gold Coast.

What are the odds? Titans $1.90, Wests Tigers $1.90. Some savvy Sportsbet customers were able to back the Tigers at as much as $2.40 prior to their brilliant win over Manly on Monday night. That huge price is long gone though and Wests were brought into dominant favouritism. Latest odds at Sportsbet.com.au

Match officials: Referee: Gavin Badger. Assistant: Chris James. Touch Judges: Clayton Sharpe and Dave Ryan.

Televised: Fox Sports – Live 9.30pm (AEDT)

The way we see it: If confidence counts for anything – and at this time of the year we all know that it does – a young Wests Tigers team with back-to-back wins against two teams with whom many had finishing in the top eight is certainly a nice way to start the season. Both teams were guilty of lapses in Round 2 but the potency of the Tigers attack looks more capable of cashing in when their opposition clocks off. Tedesco man of the match and the Tigers to win by seven.

karnage
18-03-16, 01:19 PM
The key to this game is David Shillington v Tim Grant...

Puh-lease!!

Barrels
18-03-16, 01:53 PM
Pretty cut about Davis being out. Really like him and thought he was a very productive player. Good to have olive back in and Nene back to the centre should work out alright. Really wanna see Paasi and McQueen so anyone going should be working on a chant ;)

DavidBouveng
18-03-16, 04:22 PM
Pretty cut about Davis being out. Really like him and thought he was a very productive player. Good to have olive back in and Nene back to the centre should work out alright. Really wanna see Paasi and McQueen so anyone going should be working on a chant ;)

" We're the Paasi Patrol" 'We love Paasi"

gothabull
18-03-16, 11:55 PM
" We're the Paasi Patrol" 'We love Paasi"

That's good mate ,I just don't understand the defence drum roll from the legion I think it should've when we're coming on attack !

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry should be

gothabull
19-03-16, 12:11 AM
Pity about Davis as well he played a great game I hope the young lad keeps it up , Henry is a great coach I reckon

gothabull
19-03-16, 08:22 AM
Pity about Davis as well he played a great game I hope the young lad keeps it up , Henry is a great coach I reckon

What's the go with kickoff at 830 pm ?

Barrels
19-03-16, 09:00 AM
heat or something like that

Mexican titan
19-03-16, 09:28 AM
What's the go with kickoff at 830 pm ?

All to do with daylight saving down south messing up our kickoff times. Kick off at that time allows them to show the game live down south when the 7.30pm game (6.30 for us) finishes. If we kick off at the normal 7.30pm timeslot the earlier will not have finished. Haven't explained that very well but hopefully you'll get what I mean.

Titanic
19-03-16, 10:45 AM
That's right MT, to keep their "every game live" promise there will need to be some tweaking of game times. For me that's great because I will be transiting Guangzhou, watching the game in the airport lounge as long as China Southern are on time, on my way back home for two weeks ... yeehah ... see youse all in Oz.

Geeman
19-03-16, 05:10 PM
Kick off is 11:30pm over here, and I have to go into work in the morning :laugh:

Titan4Life
19-03-16, 06:24 PM
Kick off is 11:30pm over here, and I have to go into work in the morning :laugh:

So did you call the boss to let them know you are crook tomorrow? ;)

Manzo
19-03-16, 06:26 PM

could be good for the kid though, he now no's what it takes and give hime time to find his feet in Q cup

Geeman
19-03-16, 07:33 PM
They just had an interview with LG on tv, says he is going to the U.S to check out a new treatment that may get him back on the field a bit sooner. Here's hoping...

gotitans101_
19-03-16, 08:56 PM
fmd that was soft

titanfan1980
to reasons to put Hoffman back to fb... 1 he ain't a center.. Especially defensively... He is our best POSITIONAL fb he would not of let that bounce

Titanic
Anybody who says Henry can coach has rocks in their head ... this is the most ill-prepared mob of drongos I've ever seen.

gotitans101_
19-03-16, 09:07 PM
Nene is rubbish, he STILL can't tackle ffs

- - - Updated - - -

we've gone back to shirt grabbing again

- - - Updated - - -

We are a basket case so far, blame Henry all you want, but the players have to claim responsibility for some of it too

John Smith Sith
19-03-16, 09:08 PM
Oh gee what a surprise, our captain subbed in at 24 minutes, wtf is the point in having Nathan Friend on the team if he only plays 25 minutes a game?

gotitans101_
19-03-16, 09:09 PM
35 missed tackles last week, 12 missed tackles so far this game. And people here were willing to blame Gilly for that in previous years?

teke
19-03-16, 09:20 PM
Titans looking good in the 2nd quarter, half time is gonna mess with the momentum

Titanic
19-03-16, 09:29 PM
I have a group watching with me at the airport and I can tell you I am taking heaps :( when Mortimer diving over from dummy half is the best we've got then we are in big trouble. When Bird got smashed where was the lift from our forwards? Anyway as has been said Henry doesn't play and that's how he gets away with it.

Toads
19-03-16, 09:37 PM
Titans looking good in the 2nd quarter, half time is gonna mess with the momentum
This. We're not out of it yet, just hope our lads click in the 2nd 'n contain them. Gotta say, the Tiggers had come out the box hard 'n fast. It's a bit of a miracle we've held them to 10 points for first 40.

Stands outs so far. Nene lookin' like it might be past his bedtime. Shillo's intercept (might've also been a bedtime thing). And last but not least. Birdy's effort, he's copping a pisslin' out there but he keeps getting up 'n proving a bit of a headache for them. :)

Boonarga
19-03-16, 09:47 PM
Mead. Where has the speed gone?

gotitans101_
19-03-16, 09:55 PM
age maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

btw, why is Taylor kicking? Not that I'm complaining since I'm playing him as a R in my fantasy team this week, but what about Roberts?

JunctionBlock
19-03-16, 09:59 PM
Hoffy finds a gap and Ash provides the support. You don't see that often, nor again.

teke
19-03-16, 10:00 PM
Here we go peeps !!!

gotitans101_
19-03-16, 10:00 PM
that was beautiful, Hoff did something!!!!

JunctionBlock
19-03-16, 10:03 PM
Imagine my surprise that when I left to pick my daughter up from a party we were 10 nil down. Looking the goods.

gotitans101_
19-03-16, 10:04 PM
we were deadset rubbish in the first 25 or so minutes...I thought there was no coming back from that

JunctionBlock
19-03-16, 10:09 PM
You jinxed us.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm proud of the effort tonight. To be able to turn around the form from the first 20 mins. I'll have to watch a replay, but I didn't think (after the way the Tigers played last week) we would win this one.

JunctionBlock
19-03-16, 10:25 PM
Thank God the Tiger forgot how to play like that for the last 60 mins. Teddy is so dangerous and Naiqama has been the happy recipient this season.

- - - Updated - - -

That last try may have been Don's undoing for a spot next week. That was soft.

teke
19-03-16, 10:28 PM
Look what happens with nice halfs and ball possession.

Titanic
19-03-16, 10:30 PM
Newcastle did us a real favour with Roberts/T, imho.

Got some revenge on the airport mob here but must point out that the best thing Henry has done in three years is take my comment into the dressing sheds at half time ... I take full responsibility for that win :)

Great win lads!

gotitans101_
19-03-16, 10:33 PM
Can't help but think Henry gave the boys a big spray at half time.

rj62
19-03-16, 10:44 PM
Jesus that feels good...

karnage
19-03-16, 11:00 PM
Knock knock.

Who's there

Toowen.

Toowen who??

Toowen one b!tches!!

Barrels
19-03-16, 11:06 PM
Taylor's plea: Give me the ball
Eighty minutes opposite his idol Cooper Cronk has convinced Titans rookie Ashley Taylor that he needs to get his hands on the ball more often in order to better contribute to his team's performance.

After going head-to-head with the game's master tactician last Sunday, Taylor's assignment on Saturday night against the Wests Tigers is a vastly different one, facing off against fellow 21-year-old Luke Brooks.

Brooks is only three months older than Taylor – who turns 21 on Thursday – but is far more advanced in NRL years, his return from suspension against the Sea Eagles on Monday night his 46th top grade appearance after making his debut in 2013.

In his three career NRL starts Taylor has opposed Cronk and his Melbourne Storm team on two occasions and said the major lesson he took from Sunday's 34-16 defeat was the dominant hand that Cronk plays.

"I've always watched him growing up and idolised him so it's a moment I'll never forget, shaking the hand of the Australian Test No.7 and one of the best halves getting around," Taylor said of his post-game moment with Cronk, an opportunity he missed in Round 26 last year due to his fractured fingers.

"He just gets his hands on the ball a lot more. Obviously with Tyrone [Roberts] he's the senior half and he's trying to get his hands on the ball as much as I am.

"I just noticed a lot that he gets his hands on the ball early catch and always plays his cards right."

Although in running Taylor appeared to be more heavily involved than in Round 1 against the Knights, he in fact only got his hands on the ball one additional time (32) while Roberts' touches against the Storm totalled 59.

After Roberts took almost sole responsibility for the Titans' kicking game in Round 1 (393 kicking metres compared to Taylor's 70m) the duties were more evenly shared against the Storm (221m to 171m).

With three try assists in his first two games for Gold Coast Taylor is also hoping to see a more even share with ball in hand.

"I spoke to Neil (Titans coach Neil Henry) during the week and said that I wanted to get more involved in the game," Taylor told NRL.com.

"[Against the Knights] I didn't get my hands on the ball much so I want to slowly gain more confidence and running shape on our side.

"Obviously we don't get much ball because they tend to favour the right side in pulling shape and stuff so we've got to start calling the ball our way and running shape our side as well.

"I'd love to run the ball more, it's just the last few weeks the conditions haven't been great for the running game. It was raining last week and this week the field was really sandy and couldn't really run the ball.

"There wasn't much grip through the tags and stuff so hopefully this week it's a dry track and I'll be able to run the ball more."

Back-rower Chris McQueen said that like the team as a whole, Taylor's game will continue to develop as the season progresses.

"That's something that we expect from him and as he gets more experience he'll be doing that more and more," McQueen said of his increased involvement.

"As the season goes on he's only going to get better so certainly looking forward to what he is going to bring for us."

--

Should listen to him more often eh

DavidBouveng
19-03-16, 11:21 PM
Oh gee what a surprise, our captain subbed in at 24 minutes, wtf is the point in having Nathan Friend on the team if he only plays 25 minutes a game?

he cant help getting concussed can he?

- - - Updated - - -

just got home. i remember after 20 minutes thinking ' we have done really really well not to let them blow this out to 22 or 24-0.

they got a freaky try for their second, but we turned away tonnes of sets, and by 35 minutes im thinking we are at least a cahce and are matching them for muscle. shout out to Ryan james again who somehow seems to be around when our forwards go forwarder and faster. not saying it was all him, but our ruck sped up when he came in. Him AND Paasi together are a pretty awesome combo.

Ash played really well second half. first half he was feeding Zeb just as Zeb was getting tackled and it was not good, then second half he starting turning him back inside and their was space, and then he did it for Hoffman who SOMEHOW had the pace to make it away and get clear. Kid can kick goals too. look so sharp from the tee.

Nene looked underdone and is better taking the second play form half than the kick return. but he was leaping high in second half and did well.

Don... cant recall him dropping that much easy ball ever.

Olive looked pretty good in centres i think. would like to know Neils reason for putting him there and leaving Nene wider. is it just Olive is better? or NEne not fit enough? would be interested to know

Pulu had his best game and had some Paasi like charges. still overran one ball and cost himself a try maybe.

Bird was awesome early. he is digging in for us and i like how he is playing
I think this was a game where once we wrestled momentum back we just pressed until we found gaps and used decent passing and hole running.

Really good game to win - and sets us up for a tough away game to canberra who have drawn and won by 1 point in the last two weeks against the two WORST sides in the comp - knights and roosters....

lets rip in and come back for the Broncos clash sitting pretty on 3-1.

TITAN PETE
19-03-16, 11:51 PM

Concussion rule genius perhaps you should learn a little more about the game

Mexican titan
19-03-16, 11:53 PM
Just got home and it's interesting reading the comments up to the 20 minute mark or so. I agree with all that was said and I really wondered just where we were going that first 20 as it was as bad as we have dished up for a while........but that would be one of the first games I can recall for a while where we lifted and turned it around. It seemed to coincide with Ryan James coming on.

Hard to fault too much after a win like that but Bird was great again and most forwards were solid. I also thought Dougy went well when he came on. Friend went well as well especially as he copped another knock. I'll forgive Don as he usually doesn't make many errors and Hoff picked up after a tragic start. I thought Olive went pretty well and hits the line better than Nene who seems to prop as he meets the defence.

I'll watch the replay now less the first 20.

TITAN PETE
19-03-16, 11:55 PM
Our halves are very quickly coming of age & Bird & James are in career best form with McDonald & Olive doing their best to own a starting spot in the team..

Exciting footy to watch

Nols of the Goldy
20-03-16, 12:02 AM
I just got home myself and it felt great once again walking out of the stadium on a high, especially with my Tigers supporter brother and his family. This same brother and my f...k..t ex son in law who when we got the spoon gave me hell and each time I saw them would give me a wooden spoon each. Made it even sweeter tonight. I prayed last year they would get the spoon so I could send them each one in the mail, hopefully one day I can repay the favour. The Legion are awesome and the atmosphere is fantastic there now. Seem to be a heap more of them too. Donkeys losing made my weekend,now just need Manly to get flogged on Monday night and my week will be complete. :banana:

DavidBouveng
20-03-16, 12:14 AM
can we get a straw poll on the drums at the game?

it got mentioned in commentary tonight i heard from someone, and i wonder what others think?

I really don't care for it, but it doesn't really bother me and it doesn't add much for the crowd / game, but id be interested to hear others thoughts. maybe if i were closer to that section it would annoy me.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got home and it's interesting reading the comments up to the 20 minute mark or so. I agree with all that was said and I really wondered just where we were going that first 20 as it was as bad as we have dished up for a while........but that would be one of the first games I can recall for a while where we lifted and turned it around. It seemed to coincide with Ryan James coming on.

Hard to fault too much after a win like that but Bird was great again and most forwards were solid. I also thought Dougy went well when he came on. Friend went well as well especially as he copped another knock. I'll forgive Don as he usually doesn't make many errors and Hoff picked up after a tragic start. I thought Olive went pretty well and hits the line better than Nene who seems to prop as he meets the defence.

I'll watch the replay now less the first 20.

watch his first hit up. after gettign smashed up for 25 odd minutes, he comes on, immediately gets a metre or two after contact, and a quick play the ball and the kicker had good time to get a long kick away. It ended up rolling dead, but James provided the space that hadn't been there earlier.
I cant stress enough for everyone to watch him a bit closer, which is hard without his signature hair anymore, but i promise you will see a player who would be close to the coaches favourite every week for all the small things he does that make a huge difference and benefits the players around him. And he isnt making many erros, and almost zero penalties. he is a different player and entirely for the better.

this post isn't a dig at you MT for not thinking he was much chop last week - just a plea to everyone as he looks to the naked eye to be a passenger, but he is as important as anyone to our successful periods of play

Mexican titan
20-03-16, 12:25 AM
can we get a straw poll on the drums at the game?

it got mentioned in commentary tonight i heard from someone, and i wonder what others think?

I really don't care for it, but it doesn't really bother me and it doesn't add much for the crowd / game, but id be interested to hear others thoughts. maybe if i were closer to that section it would annoy me.

I don't really mind whatever the Legion do to make some noise as our home games are like attending bloody church it's so quiet. Our fans are so polite we never give it to the refs generally whereas you watch the Souffs ferals and they are blueing about offside from the first minute to the last. So any noise and the drums are ok by me. Like you I wouldn't want to be sitting in front of drummer boy but where they are located means that very few other supporters would be affected.

- - - Updated - - -

this post isn't a dig at you MT for not thinking he was much chop last week[B] - just a plea to everyone as he looks to the naked eye to be a passenger, but he is as important as anyone to our successful periods of play

All good mate. I didn't think he was great last week but it was equally important I gave him a wrap this week because the team definitely seemed to lift when he got on. Which begs the question whether he is more value coming off the bench when you run the risk of the game getting away from us (like tonight) or starting him and being on the front foot from the start. I'm not sure myself which is the best way to go. It is great to see the penalties gone from his game as well as the errors.

titanfan1980
20-03-16, 01:51 AM
We have to put Hoffman to fullback.. I think David mead is one of our best players week in week out and he's an awesome fullback.. The only problem is Hoffman really can't defend at centre.. And when you look at the try josh setup for ash it was literally a running fullback play that he ran and busted through.. So I guess I'm saying we may lose a little by putting Meady back on the wing but what we gain with Hoffman only having to do cover tackles at fullback would be what's best for our defense . 1. Hoff 2 Mead 3 Olive 4 Davis 5 Don... Tonight for me 3 Taylor 2 James 1 Nene

teke
20-03-16, 04:09 AM
We have to put Hoffman to fullback.. I think David mead is one of our best players week in week out and he's an awesome fullback.. The only problem is Hoffman really can't defend at centre.. And when you look at the try josh setup for ash it was literally a running fullback play that he ran and busted through.. So I guess I'm saying we may lose a little by putting Meady back on the wing but what we gain with Hoffman only having to do cover tackles at fullback would be what's best for our defense . 1. Hoff 2 Mead 3 Olive 4 Davis 5 Don... Tonight for me 3 Taylor 2 James 1 NeneI see your pt and I too think Hoffy is a liability at centre but Mead is punching out some serious mtrs at the back plus the team is winning.

There is a monster hiding around the corner and his name is William Zillman :(

Manzo
20-03-16, 06:33 AM
just for interest ash kicked 5 of 5 goals- hopefully keeps that comming - makes a big difference extra 10 points

btw who will do our field goals? prob ash?

Titanic Believer
20-03-16, 06:55 AM
Great win but could have done without the Tigers tries at the death. I look forward to the day the Titans can strangle a team and really ram home an advantage. That said, I don't know what the score would have been in the first twenty minutes, if Friendy hadn't been desperately tackling Tedesco as he came through the middle with daylight in front of him. I am warming to the team, and look forward to continued improvement.

5 Year Contract
20-03-16, 09:07 AM
Great game tonight after easily our worst opening 20 minutes of the season. Like we did at the start of the game against the storm last week we look like we will be able to hang in their and settle down and complete sets. Ash and Roberts kicking games also helps by getting us out of trouble. Great performance last night even though we left a few points on the table through silly errors. Like that we are building a bit of a fortress at home. If we keep winning they will come.

Nols of the Goldy
20-03-16, 11:28 AM
Just read in the Courier Mail that Ash Taylor was hospitalised during the week due to a car accident. He was apparently sitting in traffic on the M1 and a car rear ended him going 100km/hr. He said he had a bit of whiplash and soreness but was OK. Considering how he played last night, it is quite remarkable.

Show and Go
20-03-16, 11:35 AM
What a fabulous win last night. I admit I went to bed early and really didn't expect to see us get the win. I piked just before halftime so I missed the good stuff. What I did see though was Josh Hoffman being a turnstile. His defence is a massive worry.

DIEHARD
20-03-16, 12:10 PM
I couldn't make the game, was working on the local election. But managed to make it home with a pizza before kick off.

We were just woeful in the first half, but it a much improved effort in the second.

And that is ANOTHER home win!

Was beautiful to score 30 unanswered points in 25mins.

ozynorts
20-03-16, 01:28 PM
What I did see though was Josh Hoffman being a turnstile. His defence is a massive worry.
Yes but at least in this game he scored a try and set another up.

Show and Go
20-03-16, 03:21 PM
Yes but at least in this game he scored a try and set another up.

He would make a really good winger. Quality finisher.

teke
20-03-16, 05:47 PM
He would make a really good winger. Quality finisher.He should be on the wing if he's not at FB, I think even Zilly defends alot better than him at centre. Hoffy would be a big upgrade on Nene at wing simply because he does things alot more urgently, is safer and carries the ball back stronger.

gcboyz
20-03-16, 08:56 PM
We are a new style of team this year. We have several forwards who charge in and bend the line. Aggi is a star with the best yet to come. The improvement week to week from Levi Pulu has been outstanding. Birdy and Rhino are well down on previous penalty counts. Chris McQueen hangs tough and looks an ideal bash brother for Birdy and Rhino We have kickers who give us opportunity to score, Tyrone kicks them out of sight when we are in trouble and Ash has pinpoint finesse near the goal line. Ash also knows how to tackle something we have missed in our halves since Matt Rogers. Hopefully there will be further improvement from Nathan Davis and Nene McDonald ,they both are works in progress with huge upside. Olive could be anything, we are yet to see the best of Moseley and with the prospect of Brian Kelly , Lawton and G.L. yet to get a taste the future is much improved on last years roster.
I am cautious of this years prospects as it will be a long season for some in their first year, but super excited for future seasons.
Shillo has taken away Miles role of giving away dopey penalties assisted by Zeb.

DavidBouveng
20-03-16, 09:27 PM
We are a new style of team this year. We have several forwards who charge in and bend the line. Aggi is a star with the best yet to come. The improvement week to week from Levi Pulu has been outstanding. Birdy and Rhino are well down on previous penalty counts. Chris McQueen hangs tough and looks an ideal bash brother for Birdy and Rhino We have kickers who give us opportunity to score, Tyrone kicks them out of sight when we are in trouble and Ash has pinpoint finesse near the goal line. Ash also knows how to tackle something we have missed in our halves since Matt Rogers. Hopefully there will be further improvement from Nathan Davis and Nene McDonald ,they both are works in progress with huge upside. Olive could be anything, we are yet to see the best of Moseley and with the prospect of Brian Kelly , Lawton and G.L. yet to get a taste the future is much improved on last years roster.
I am cautious of this years prospects as it will be a long season for some in their first year, but super excited for future seasons.
Shillo has taken away Miles role of giving away dopey penalties assisted by Zeb.

this post. i like it.

Titanic
20-03-16, 09:47 PM
I must take a huge amount of offence at comparing Shillington and Taia to Myles ... they may give dopey penalties away but gee they both have a real go, unlike the famed Ole Poopy Draws who was a salary cap sponge rivalled only by the big dope himself, lump of "Coal Brained Train".

DavidBouveng
20-03-16, 10:26 PM
actually i missed the bit about Zeb at the very end. still agree with rest of post, but am happy with Zeb's efforts and contribution.

Shillo is our 'most' myles like player, but not near as bad and not paid as much

Toads
21-03-16, 08:08 AM
Ash also knows how to tackle something we have missed in our halves since Matt Rogers.

Ash's defense has come to be one of the bigger surprises out of our new guys this year. I honestly thought someone would have to carry him in that area, but he has proven he can hold his own quite effectively. Though I do worry a little when he throws himself at some of the bigger fellas.

Supergoose
22-03-16, 12:00 AM
Biggest difference between Shillington and Myles is Shillington bends the line with his carries and plays the ball at a decent speed. Yes he drops the ball every now and then and gives away the occasional penalty but he has way more upside from the short sample we have already.

gothabull
22-03-16, 12:05 AM
Biggest difference between Shillington and Myles is Shillington bends the line with his carries and plays the ball at a decent speed. Yes he drops the ball every now and then and gives away the occasional penalty but he has way more upside from the short sample we have already.

It was good too see myles drop a sitter today

shamus
22-03-16, 08:39 AM
It was good too see myles drop a sitter today

Was that pun intended? :laugh:

gothabull
23-03-16, 12:08 AM
It was shamus I'd had a few beers

Canon
23-03-16, 08:48 PM
First game of the season I've made it down for (I live in the land of the Donkeys!). Confusing game with the Titans looking like last years Titans for the first half and looking unstoppable for the second. Thought I might share some pics.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/Blowy/resized_xGCTitans190316%20263_zpsw25jev4e.jpg (http://s14.photobucket.com/user/Blowy/media/resized_xGCTitans190316%20263_zpsw25jev4e.jpg.html )
Happy 100th for Tyrone

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/Blowy/resized_xGCTitans190316%20500_zpslhd7okan.jpg (http://s14.photobucket.com/user/Blowy/media/resized_xGCTitans190316%20500_zpslhd7okan.jpg.html )
Ryan starts us off in the second half much to Badge's amazement!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/Blowy/resized_xGCTitans190316%20369_zpsklkc6tgd.jpg (http://s14.photobucket.com/user/Blowy/media/resized_xGCTitans190316%20369_zpsklkc6tgd.jpg.html )
Mead gets the better of Naiqama

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/Blowy/resized_xGCTitans190316%20574_zpsrhsybh8d.jpg (http://s14.photobucket.com/user/Blowy/media/resized_xGCTitans190316%20574_zpsrhsybh8d.jpg.html )
Hmmm...maybe this is why Mum always warned me to wear clean underwear...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/Blowy/resized_xGCTitans190316%20630_zps1mr6fxnx.jpg (http://s14.photobucket.com/user/Blowy/media/resized_xGCTitans190316%20630_zps1mr6fxnx.jpg.html )
We've had some good offseason recruiting with Chris McQueen, Tyrone Roberts Zeb Taia and Ash Taylor, but none better than Karlee!