PDA

View Full Version : POTY Discussion thread

DeeGan
13-03-06, 08:02 AM
POTY Discussion thread

As soon as the panelists get their points in to Dakink, we will be able to discuss here.

Appologise for the delay in the release of point allocations members, the leader board will be updated Sunday night from this point onwards.

Thanks for your patience.

DeeGan
13-03-06, 05:50 PM
lonegull

I have to ask, what was it about Brett Finch's game that saw you give him 3 points?

Brett Finch

6 runs for 48m - 1 line break - 3 missed tackles - 4 ineffective tackles - 3 errors - 2 penalites against him

Brett Finch was horrible early and I will give him credit for toughing it out in his first game in the forwards though all in all he was ordinary looking ok in the end on the back of team with all the momentum. Too have him ahead of Jamie Soward who was simply awesome partnering Braith Anasta is beyond me.

Each to their own.

This thread is to be constructive feedback/criticism only as above - this is not a thread to get personal in.

Dakink
13-03-06, 09:20 PM
Some familiar names mentioned after the first round.

And as DeeGan has said

This thread is for constructive criticism only - any insults will be deleted.

All the Roosters were horrible in the first half - the radio commentators that I was listening to rapped Finch as well.

MOPL
13-03-06, 09:30 PM
Morely should get 3 points as he won't get that many weeks.

Stuart should be given 3 points for his usual lines when tyring to protect Morely , not his fault, misunderstood, tryng to fix his technique, the other player fell into his arm, he did it but it wasn't bad and he's sorry, your picking on him, he will go back to england if he keeps being singled out, the media are against him, it had no influence on the game

Give it up he is a head hunter and Stuart has had 3 years to coach it out of his game. He has failed and we should be rid of Morley

lonegull
14-03-06, 02:38 PM
it was a toss of the coin betwwen finch and soward I just thought finch guided them around the field really well and kept marshalling his troops and he was very slick always trying to create something.

DeeGan
14-03-06, 06:30 PM
it was a toss of the coin betwwen finch and soward I just thought finch guided them around the field really well and kept marshalling his troops and he was very slick always trying to create something.

Fair enough.

Just curious, if it was a toss of the coin between those two for 3 points, why no 2 point allocation I guess is my next question?

lonegull
15-03-06, 08:20 AM
I worded that wrong it was a toss up between the three players just thought the centre done a little more than soward in attack so thats why he got 2 :fence:

Christabella
18-03-06, 12:10 PM
Thouht I would mention something I sent in a PM to Dakink about last weekend's 3,2,1.
At the bottom I offered an honourable mention to the serial pest's cats who showed more courage than any of the Eels players that night. LOL

Super Cronk
22-03-06, 03:27 PM
Welcome aboard EEL 33.

Dakink
22-03-06, 03:29 PM
Can anyone doubt that Johns and Gower are both on 6 points after the first two games. IMO both have been excellent for their respective teams - 2 horse race already?

Super Cronk
22-03-06, 03:40 PM
definately not a 2 horse race. There are a few players who havent hit their straps yet...and some others that have played great but have been unlucky to miss the 3 spot.

DeeGan
22-03-06, 03:56 PM
Can anyone doubt that Johns and Gower are both on 6 points after the first two games. IMO both have been excellent for their respective teams - 2 horse race already?

No.

Manly will warm to the task as will Orford, BK and others. Nathan Hindmarsh is playing well and starring at Parra, Mark Gasnier looks the goods, Lockyer will get better as the season goes on as will Minichello. Don't discount forwards like Shane Webcke, Willie Mason and Steve Price either.

Plenty of contenders and too early to declare it a two horse race. We all know Joey Johns is no certainty to remain fit for 24 rounds ;)

Dakink
22-03-06, 03:57 PM
He didnt remain fit for 24 rounds last year either - and he nearly stole the show!

DeeGan
22-03-06, 04:02 PM
He didnt remain fit for 24 rounds last year either - and he nearly stole the show!

Good point :laugh:

One guy I left out of my original post, one J. Thurston ;) We can't discount Scotty Prince either.

Dakink
22-03-06, 04:09 PM
Good point :laugh:

One guy I left out of my original post, one J. Thurston ;) We can't discount Scotty Prince either.

Prince will find it hard if other teams target him as the Dogs did with no Benji to spark the attack as only MArshall can

DeeGan
22-03-06, 04:25 PM
Prince will find it hard if other teams target him as the Dogs did with no Benji to spark the attack as only MArshall can

Of course though Prince was badly let down by a pack that saw no player make more than 9 hit-ups nor make 100m. No halfback with Benji or no Benji will shine behind a badly beaten forward pack - Andrew Johns may be an exception to the rule.

Dakink
22-03-06, 04:29 PM
Very true, very true. A beaten forward pack is hard to play behind.

Steelers
26-03-06, 01:33 AM
Just thought I would say that if at any stage during the year a substitute is needed for whatever reason... I am willing to put my hand up :) I just wasn't too keen on a permanent position thats all :p

Dakink
28-03-06, 08:40 AM
Looks like Thurston and Johns making earning all the pundits so far - rightly so to I might add. Locky is still there abouts too.

Eel 33
28-03-06, 03:40 PM
Too early in the season to be talking about favourites. Injuries are killers, and one of the blokes you've been talking about could be just around the corner from one, although im not wishing that on anyone.

Steve Dangerous
03-04-06, 11:34 AM
just a suggestion/question... are you gonna carry on showing the round results for the whole comp? i think it might be better to hide it after a while... so people can't just add up who's one, and so people can't "adjust" their judgings to keep their fav player in with a chance!

Dakink
03-04-06, 11:38 AM
just a suggestion/question... are you gonna carry on showing the round results for the whole comp? i think it might be better to hide it after a while... so people can't just add up who's one, and so people can't "adjust" their judgings to keep their fav player in with a chance!

The points will go silent a number of rounds out from the end. As for judges adjusting the points to keep their favourite players in with a chance, they do that they will be sacked. All judges have undertaken to judge without bias, and the final responsibility lies with me to ascertain if any one is fudging the results. From what I have seen I dont think that is going to happen, but I will be keeping a close eye on it.

Steve Dangerous
03-04-06, 11:42 AM
got it all under wraps as usual dakink :D

but i can't for the life of my work out why Hodges is ONLY on 1 point. and that 1 point was from a game he was MOM! he's been the broncos best player nearly every round and yet he aint charting with the judges.

Dakink
03-04-06, 11:53 AM
Yep - but thats the beauty of the system. Hodges may or may not deserve more points, but I cant fault the judges on their selections so far - every one views games differentlly I guess..

Dakink
10-04-06, 09:14 AM
Can anyone catch them? Like Johns showed last year - class stands out.

Steelers
10-04-06, 10:23 AM
Can't believe Buderus didn't get a point for his effort against the Dragons.

Titanium_BD1103
01-05-06, 10:16 AM
Round Eight Point Allocations

Game Seven

Nth Qld Cowboys v Sydney Roosters @ Dairy Farmers
Judge: DeeGan

3pts ? Brett Finch (Roosters)

2pts ? Adrian Morley (Roosters)

1pt ? Jonathan Thurston (Roosters)

Either Dakink or Deegan had too much too drink or were half asleep when posting this... or are you suggesting that Come June 30 Ricky might try and do a deal to send Braith up to North Queensland and Jonathan to head to the Roosters... ;)..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Can you fix that up ASAP.. seeing Thurston playing for the Roosters, as a former Bulldog and from a current Bulldogs fans view.. is not a pleasant sight.. ;)

Dakink
01-05-06, 03:52 PM
That would be me... Consider it fixed.

Titanium_BD1103
01-05-06, 04:01 PM
That would be me... Consider it fixed.

Ohhh... and I was about to start getting money ready to plunge a huge bet on the Roosters winning the premiership in 2007... oh wait.. I WOULD NEVER DO THAT... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Nah seriously... thanks Dakink... and good to see we aren't creating a rumour for 2007... however... :laugh: :laugh:

DeeGan
01-05-06, 07:21 PM
I will share the blame as well there - from memory I had David Shillington getting one point though changed it given I think the Cowboys deserved one player in the points given the overall rating of the game was quite poor IMO.

Good one BDT_311 ;)

Dakink
09-05-06, 02:18 PM
Is Dykes going to be the main challenge to Thurston, will be interesting to see how Thruston goes though the Origin period.

lonegull
10-05-06, 08:12 AM
dykes is out for an extended period with an injury

Dakink
10-05-06, 08:26 AM
dykes is out for an extended period with an injury

Just read that!!!! There go the Sharkies, unless Kimmorely can step up!

DeeGan
15-05-06, 10:18 AM
I am a surprised Melbourne's Cameron Smith is not higher up on our ladder to be honest...how he was not the M.O.M. in the Storm win, only BDT_311 will be able to shed light on? ;)

Super Cronk
15-05-06, 10:29 AM
I am a surprised Melbourne's Cameron Smith is not higher up on our ladder to be honest...how he was not the M.O.M. in the Storm win, only BDT_311 will be able to shed light on? ;)

*picks jaw up off the floor*

Cant believe he didnt get 3 points ethier....but its BDT_311's opinion. :peace:

Dakink
15-05-06, 10:35 AM
In BDT311's defence, the radio commentators - one had Smith as MOM, one had Inglis.

And from LU;

Leagueunlimited.com players of the match:
3 - Greg Inglis
2 - Cameron Smith
1 - Matt King
--------------------------

DeeGan
15-05-06, 10:42 AM
In BDT311's defence, the radio commentators - one had Smith as MOM, one had Inglis.

And from LU;

Leagueunlimited.com players of the match:
3 - Greg Inglis
2 - Cameron Smith
1 - Matt King
--------------------------

No disrespect intended, but LU as a comparison? I have read many a 'fan' disagree with some questionable point allocations...fair point though. It is subjectable, the Dally M's had it Smith, Inglis and Donnelly.

Dakink
15-05-06, 10:44 AM
Wasnt intended as a comparison - just to show that that different people can see the same game differently. Especially when you have more than one stand out performance, as in Inglis, Smith - well pretty much the entire Storm team.

Even experts havent been able to agree!

Super Cronk
15-05-06, 10:44 AM
Yeh absolutely no disrespect intended. If thats how BDT_311 saw it...then no problems with that at all.

Dakink
15-05-06, 10:47 AM
Yeh absolutely no disrespect intended. If thats how BDT_311 saw it...then no problems with that at all.

No offence was taken I dare say!!

This is the discussion thread after all lol! :naughty:

Titanium_BD1103
15-05-06, 05:56 PM
I knew I'd cause controversy by doing that... :laugh:

Ok my reasoning behind giving Inglis 3 points was because I reckon he had a very good match, one of the best I have seen him play all season... Cameron Smith did have a great match... but he is continually great and therefore in regards to a superb performance, Inglis was ahead IMO...:)

I hope that makes sense... I know Cameron had an awesome match... but so did Dallas and Greg... In actual fact, it was a really hard match to come up with a great player from.. the whole Storm side played superbly... and showed why they will be the competition benchmark from now till the end of season IMO.. :D :D

Dakink
14-06-06, 11:43 AM
No Schifkofske is a big call - though I couldnt argue with the players put in. Tongue was outstanding..

Teegy
20-06-06, 11:01 AM
Dakink Greg eastwood has a typo he is a bronc not dragon.

and big call 2 broncs to 1 dragon when dragons won. i thought bailey and cooper played better than Gorrell and eastwood. but i cant argue with Petero as 3pts

Dakink
20-06-06, 11:04 AM
Dakink Greg eastwood has a typo he is a bronc not dragon.

and big call 2 broncs to 1 dragon when dragons won. i thought bailey and cooper played better than Gorrell and eastwood. but i cant argue with Petero as 3pts

LOL thanks Teegs - well spotted.

It was a big week for Petero.

Super Cronk
26-06-06, 11:33 AM
Hoffman a little unlucky this week.

Dakink
26-06-06, 11:56 AM
He did have a cracker!

Though you are also a little bias there SC!

Super Cronk
26-06-06, 11:58 AM
He did have a cracker!

Though you are also a little bias there SC!

I can be bias, sometimes. But this time im not. I know when to turn it on and off ;)

Queenslander
26-06-06, 11:59 AM
Hoffman a little unlucky this week.

Yeah if I could have handed out more points, he would have got some ;) Jake Webster got the 1 point for not only a good game, but a great try which stole victory from the Bulldogs. :D Whilst Smith and Cronk (who was a bit shaky in patches) got the higher points for their usual great performances.

Steelers
26-06-06, 12:09 PM
Matthew Head surprisingly doesn't even score a point! I watched the game on the NRL BigPond thingy and he orcastrated everything!

Teegy
26-06-06, 12:38 PM
Matthew Head surprisingly doesn't even score a point! I watched the game on the NRL BigPond thingy and he orcastrated everything!
his defence was very shaky though steelers. id say for all round performance that the 3 picked are the right ones

Super Cronk
26-06-06, 12:41 PM
Well there are no right or wrongs...its the judges opinion.

Social Loafer
26-06-06, 01:07 PM
IN the Raiders vs Roosters thread, you accidently wrote down Michael Howell- who plays in ESL now :laugh:

Titanium_BD1103
26-06-06, 04:38 PM
LOL Schifty that is my fault... I just realised that... it should be Michael Weyman... :lol!:

Titanium_BD1103
12-07-06, 03:04 PM
So in closing the points Dakink... does that mean the weekly points are still going to be posted, or are all points going to be hidden from now on??

Dakink
12-07-06, 03:50 PM
Ahh hadnt thought of that!!

The leaderboard was going to be hidden.

I think ALL points will be hidden though.

Dakink
26-07-06, 03:20 PM
Will be interesting to see how the injuries in the last couple of rounds effects the points for the POTY!!!!

Titanium_BD1103
26-07-06, 05:58 PM
WOOT go the injuries...they create such drama and tension... ;)

I reckon Mason like in the Dally M's, must be pretty close to the top of this... but it will be interesting to see... :)