PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Highlights from Round 1

DeeGan
12-03-06, 06:17 PM
Top 5 Highlights from Round 1

Pretty easy thread, look forward to reading :)

Titanium_BD1103
12-03-06, 06:21 PM
1- The season opener: well it was the start of season and the return of RL, enough said.

2- The Brilliance of Benji: We all saw it again with the final try, he was magical and we will miss him for 6 weeks as much as the Tigers do.

3- Andrew Johns: What can be said about him, a true talent, great to see him back and commanding, and for the Knights to have him there is an added bonus.. :)

4- Milton Thaiday: He is an amazing talent and he has shown he is ready to make an impact at Fullback for Newcastle in 2006, was a fan of his back in the Waratahs days and now he is back on the big stage and Newcastle will go far with him there.. :D

5- Willie Mason: Well being a Bulldogs supporter, it was great to see Willie back and fired up, although we lost, he was strong and tough and showed he will lead us well in 2006 as part of the leadership team and is ready for a big season and that is only a good thing.

Special Mention: Brian Carney and Daniel Holdsworth, they both showed they will be real stars this season and both showed their importance to their respective teams in the 2006 season.. :D

Kallan
12-03-06, 06:31 PM
1. The Tigers win
2. The Streaker at the Broncos game, hilarious
3. Great game played by the Cowboys
4. ....
5. ......

Queenslander
12-03-06, 06:39 PM
1) The Cowboys vs Broncos: Brilliant game by the Cowboys. Should be favourites for the NRL title in everyones books:
2) The Tigers over the Dragons: The Dragons thought they won; but they should have known better
3) The Streaker at the Broncos Game: Disgusting, yet funny that not one security guard even tried to stop him. He ran from one end to the 40 metre line then ran up the tunnel without a single attempt by a guard. Prue class, expect to see him sign by an NRL club this year ;)
4) Storm victory over the Warriors
5) Raiders beating "game-favourite" Manly

Super Cronk
12-03-06, 08:04 PM
Slaters covering tackle vs the warriors was a damn fine tackle. Pure speed shown by billy.

*didnt see any other games last night due to tv dying, will post once seen replays*

cowboys win over broncos was a very good win and was impressed with the big fellas from nth QLD

Go_The_Doggies
12-03-06, 08:08 PM
1-Bulldogs first game.....i had butterflies during the whole day, gosh i was nervous

2-Hazem is back....this guy hes a deadset legend....do i need to say more...Love ya haz:D

3-Cowboys proformance....was outstanding......

4-Big Willie Mason.....man hes cool.....love his...his...anger if you will call it...also had a top game...onya champ!! :happy:

5-DJ Holdsworth...this guy is awesome.....what a great buy :fence:

J-Storm
12-03-06, 11:57 PM
1. Cowboys demolition of Broncos
2. Canberra's upset over Manly
3. Brian Carney's NRL debut
4. Wests' never say never attitude
5. The shocking officiating in the Roosters/Rabbitohs game (were there even officials out on the ground during parts of that game?)

Sharks
13-03-06, 10:20 AM
1.The cowboys sublime performance
2.Scott Prince's performance,showed he has matured so much as a player.
3.Milton Thaiday and his 6kg weight gain of pure muscle,he was brillant.
4.Round 1 Tigers vs Dragons kickoff,footy is back!!! lol
5.Andrew Johns,what else is there to say

Titans#1
13-03-06, 10:36 AM
1. Canberra's win... thankgod, cause it got my Tips up lol
2. Season opener (well duh)
3. Cowboy's Win.. and what a good one it was...
4. The fact that I'm not last on the tipping ladder!
5. I'll get back to you on this one when my brain is working.....

TITANS007
13-03-06, 02:48 PM
1: Tigers gutsy win
2: Andrew Johns passing the ball to the pesty cat man
3: Benji playing with fractured cheek
4: Footy season is on again!!
5: Panthers win over a complete Doggies team

mb63
13-03-06, 03:39 PM
1.Tigers win
2.Manly's loss
3.Inglis try