PDA

View Full Version : Round 1: Tipping

DeeGan
11-03-06, 11:27 AM
Round 1: Tipping

My tips are:

St George-Illawarra Dragons

I thought they were specials to start the season off with a winning start and by rights should have won this game. Anyway, that is in the past and my thoughts prior to the game are in another thread.

The rest...

Newcastle Knights

Newcastle at Newcastle in front of a packed house with a fit Johns, Buderus and Simpson is going to be hard to beat no matter who you are and this is why I have tipped them. I CANNOT WAIT for this game, not only do we see the world's best player in action (Johns) though we see the debut of our own Brian Carney.

Canterbury Bulldogs

Like most games, I tip here with no real confidence though the Bulldogs look stronger on paper - any side keeping Mark O'Meley on the bench looks good to me.

Manly Sea Eagles

The sure things of the weekend with Sydney Roosters IMO. New buys Orford and Bell will cause havoc for Manly. This tight unit should be able to account for a Canberra side loaded with rookies and young players.

Sydney Roosters

I expect the Roosters to make a statement in round one and if they fail I would hate to be turning up to training on the Monday with Stuart. Great off-season buys and good depth, the Bunnies will be in it early though the Roosters should overpower them in the home stretch.

MEMO to Ricky: What are you thinking with Brett Finch at 9!?!?

I think you will see Finch start from the bench with Wing in the hooking role.

Melbourne Storm

If Melbourne survive the early onslaught from a fired up NZ pack, they should be too classy outwide and win away here. Looking forward to seeing Greg Inglis in action as well as Billy Slater who has reportedly had a great off-season as has new half Cooper Cronk.

NQ Cowboys

Another coin-flip game - I am taking the Cowboys against all odds here. They have never beaten Brisbane AWAY is my understanding and I think they meet Brisbane who are a little vunerable early in 2006 with Lockyer playing his first game in some time. I am hoping to see Matt Bowen Magic early in 2006 :D

Does tipping the Sharks count? :laugh: I think most tippers willl need ALL the help in the world this season yet AGAIN.

Dakink
11-03-06, 11:30 AM
I have pretty much followed you here bar I went the Eels against the KNights.. Why? Wouldnt have a lue just did.

Titanium_BD1103
11-03-06, 12:04 PM
Yep those were mine too Deegan.. :)

HOWEVER we are now all one down thanks to benji's magic making the Tigers the victors last night.. lets hope today is better... ;)

Ipswich Fan
11-03-06, 03:22 PM
My only difference to DeeGan is i tipped Parra to beat Newcastle.

Steelers
11-03-06, 03:43 PM
I am 0 from 1 so far. Maybe I should stop tipping the Dragons again. Last year I tipped them until Round 5, in which I tipped the Roosters, and then they won Round 5 :laugh:

Social Loafer
11-03-06, 04:13 PM
I tipped the opposite for the first 5 games deegan :!:

Then again, I tend to tip with my heart more than my head :roll:

Luke
11-03-06, 08:32 PM
The only difference for DeeGan's is im tipping Brisbane.

Dakink
11-03-06, 09:32 PM
Well im up the creek - Go the Raiders - even though I tipped against them anything to see Manly lose!

Steve Dangerous
11-03-06, 09:40 PM
tigers
knights
panthers
sea eagles
warriors
roosters
broncos

so far so good.

can someone tell me how i can see live scores? the new nrl site is an absolute MESS. i can't work anything out there, it's rubbish and hell ugly.

Steve Dangerous
11-03-06, 09:47 PM
aww damn, raiders won. so i'm 3/4. but the obvious upside is that manly lost.

DeeGan
11-03-06, 10:37 PM
Round 1: Tipping
l confidence though the Bulldogs look stronger on paper - any side keeping Mark O'Meley on the bench looks good to me.

Manly Sea Eagles

The sure things of the weekend with Sydney Roosters IMO

:laugh:

Moron

dogsfansince1988
11-03-06, 11:16 PM
panthers won 24-22 handling let the dogs down

Steelers
12-03-06, 02:54 AM
0 from 4 so far.... what a start to the season ;) As I said on oztips... I am 2/1 odds for the spoon :p

Eel 33
12-03-06, 10:19 AM
I'm going ok atm. Just have to wait till this arvo to see what happens with the rest of the tips. My starts comp is going ok, a couple of you have had shockers already.

DeeGan
12-03-06, 10:23 AM
I'm going ok atm. Just have to wait till this arvo to see what happens with the rest of the tips. My starts comp is going ok, a couple of you have had shockers already.

The starts comp is a killer :laugh:

qld power
12-03-06, 10:56 AM
yah think i have maybe 1 or 2 out of the 4 games played so far lol shockin

Social Loafer
12-03-06, 01:28 PM
Hey Deegan, can you please tip the Knights next week and say they are the sure things of the week?

:)

DeeGan
12-03-06, 05:13 PM
Well after a poor start, I have recovered scrambling to 4 from 7 for round 1 which is my best start in quite a few seasons.

SaRaH...
13-03-06, 01:36 PM
I got 5/7 to start the year off ... pretty good ... and in the Super League Comp i nearly had a perfect round ...got 5/6 ...

HodgoBerro
13-03-06, 05:26 PM
ugh - 3/7