10-08-15, 04:44 PM
BULLDOGS vs TITANS

http://d35kvm5iuwjt9t.cloudfront.net/dbimages/sfx143493.jpg

teke
10-08-15, 05:59 PM
will be one of the bigger hidings the Titans have copped this yr

Titanic
10-08-15, 07:22 PM
Yep and I reckon we'll get a hiding too :)

JunctionBlock
10-08-15, 08:20 PM
At least we can hold the Bulldogs back in the in goal when necessary.

DIEHARD
10-08-15, 09:09 PM
Wests Tigers win over Canberra makes us 2nd last now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/2ndlast_zpsyo4bxdsh.jpg

Titanic
11-08-15, 10:52 AM
Nate Myles = Capatin Outrageous

DIEHARD
11-08-15, 02:48 PM
Dave Taylor’s NRL career may be over with ‘Coal Train’ battling to retain Gold Coast Titans bench place v Bulldogs
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/

DAVE Taylor may have played his last NRL match with the “Coal Train” fighting to keep his place on the Gold Coast Titans bench.

Taylor is in danger of being axed for Sunday’s game against the Canterbury Bulldogs in Gosford.

Titans coach Neil Henry will name his team at 5pm today but Taylor was poor in last Sunday’s loss to Melbourne, playing just 32 minutes in a lethargic performance, and could be omitted.

The Titans are out of finals contention with four rounds to go and Henry may look to the future with his selections given Taylor will head to French Super League club Catalans Dragons next season.

Taylor, who had a $400,000 contract with the Titans for 2016, was given permission to negotiate with rival clubs recently and struck a two-year deal with the Dragons.

The 27-year-old has played 166 NRL matches for Brisbane, South Sydney and Gold Coast since making his debut in 2006.

The Blackwater Crushers product has made eight Origin appearances for Queensland but in many judges’ eyes has failed to reach his potential.

Taylor played for Tweed Heads in the Intrust Super Cup recently and he could see out the remainder of his time on the Gold Coast with the Seagulls.

Henry has ex-Warriors prop Nathaniel Peteru and backrower Matt Robinson in reserve grade waiting for a call-up if he opts to axe Taylor.

Captain Nate Myles may be named to face the Bulldogs but is likely to need another week to recover from a shoulder injury he sustained against the Broncos recently.

Smakked
11-08-15, 02:54 PM

Yeah can see us with the spoon , cannot see us winning another game this year

nimud
11-08-15, 02:59 PM
Yeah can see us with the spoon , cannot see us winning another game this year

IMO, we are a chance in both the Raiders Away and Dragons home games.

We did beat the Dogs earlier this year, but they are hitting some good form. I'm going regardless.

I just hope Henry persists a little longer om the park with Mortimer at hooker.

ozynorts
11-08-15, 03:43 PM

I knew this season wasn't going to reach great heights and had us pegged around 11-14 on the ladder but I didn't think we would be duelling to avoid the spoon....... Henry needs to find a way to motivate this team next year as they are going nowhere right now.

timor 2
11-08-15, 05:06 PM
Titans
1 Josh Hoffman
2 David Mead
3 James Roberts
4 Nene Macdonald
5 Kalifa Faifai Loa
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Kane Elgey
8 Luke Douglas
9 Beau Falloon
10 Eddy Pettybourne
11 Ryan James
12 Agnatius Paasi
13 Greg Bird

Interchange
14 David Taylor
15 David Hala
16 Matthew White
17 Daniel Mortimer
18 Lachlan Burr
20 Kierran Moseley

Coach: Neil Henry

Titanic
11-08-15, 05:18 PM
Here comes the dreaded spoon ... I know we have limited choices but looking at this team sheet is just de-motivating.

Smakked
11-08-15, 06:20 PM
I presume he has Hala and Taylor in the side to match the bulldogs size.. Looking grimm

TitanSam
11-08-15, 06:29 PM
I want Hala to kill it, I really want him in this side and I hope he goes well and proves everyone wrong

Titanic Believer
11-08-15, 07:01 PM
I want Hala to kill it, I really want him in this side and I hope he goes well and proves everyone wrong

I have been hoping that for the whole team all year but unfortunately I have been disappointed. I can hope that we see something to give some optimism going into next year.

teke
11-08-15, 07:03 PM
Hala is playing on borrowed time, he is terribly unfit. It'll prob be the last few NRL games he will ever play

JunctionBlock
11-08-15, 08:52 PM
At least our fearless leader isn't lining up. He didn't even watch the game last week. He was posting instagram photos of his missus from what looked like to be an airport whilst the Titans were playing. Hope it's the last we see of him to be honest.

Would have been good to see Peteru get the nod. He's a big boy. Give him the chance to TRY and stamp an authority on the game against the biggest forward pack in the NRL ala Napa and Evans did a couple of weeks ago.

Hail Sezer
13-08-15, 12:08 PM
Man I wonder what Peteru has to do to get a call up. He is absolutely killing it for Burleigh...huge metres, tackle efficiency and 3+ offloads a game. He's too good for that grade.

JunctionBlock
13-08-15, 09:41 PM
Bulldogs seem worried......

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2015/08/13/round_23_5_things_yo.html

Supergoose
14-08-15, 07:51 PM
Pretty comprehensive analysis of our team. Maybe a change of fullback and some props with some go forward would be useful.

gotitans101_
16-08-15, 03:30 PM
LG & James both out. Leva Li makes his debut on the wing. Hoffman to 5/8, Mead to fullback.

TitanSam
16-08-15, 03:35 PM
Leva Li YEEHA

Hail Sezer
16-08-15, 03:36 PM
Leva Li YEEHA

i hope hes tidied up his defensive reads

gotitans101_
16-08-15, 03:37 PM
How many more times do we have to endure Hoffman at 5/8, seriously?

Hail Sezer
16-08-15, 03:38 PM
How many more times do we have to endure Hoffman at 5/8, seriously?

who would you rather bro haha we pretty tight

Big ask putting Fogarty in there against a doggies pack and a new combination left edge

gotitans101_
16-08-15, 03:43 PM
yeah I know, season is over anyway so why not, can't be any worse than Hoffman there.

Hail Sezer
16-08-15, 03:44 PM
yeah I know, season is over anyway so why not, can't be any worse than Hoffman there.

because it will wreck his confidence

TitanSam
16-08-15, 03:54 PM
Yeah he'll go straight in, most likely get smashed (no offence to him, he's a good player imo) then come out of the game and won't want to play in the NRL because he'll be down on confidence

JunctionBlock
16-08-15, 04:06 PM
What happened to LG? Anyone heard?

TitanSam
16-08-15, 04:07 PM
What happened to LG? Anyone heard? hip

JunctionBlock
16-08-15, 04:22 PM
Didn't Birdy's junior coach tell him to go low on the big fellas?

- - - Updated - - -

So sezer has the fastest man in league outside Perret and decides to pass it rather than grubber? Are you kidding? Take the tackle was a better option.

In better news, the Bulldogs aren't taking us seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

echo echo echo

mdrew
16-08-15, 04:27 PM
Hold onto the ball!

gotitans101_
16-08-15, 04:29 PM
Macdonald again.

teke
16-08-15, 04:43 PM
Lololol Roberts.

This team is a disgrace, more so how they have been coached.

I've never seen a team so porridge like in attack over stacking the wrong areas with ppl getting in the way...hahaha

GCTTSD
16-08-15, 04:48 PM
Ill tell you what if your tryna cut back on alcohol only have a drink when hoffman passes

JunctionBlock
Why are we playing a guy at 5/8 who does not, ever, ever and I mean ever pass the ball? I'd be happier to see a cardboard cut out being moved around by spidercam.

Titanic
Why isn't Bird in 6? Especially against these plicks.

JunctionBlock
16-08-15, 04:59 PM
Taylor being treated like the little ***** he is today. Softest man in the NRL.

^^ female dog

- - - Updated - - -

I saw Hoffman pass. Mark this day down in history, Elvis died, Madonna was born and Josh Hoffman passed a football. Remember where you are and what you were doing when you saw it happen!

Titanic
16-08-15, 05:00 PM

^^ female dog

- - - Updated - - -

I saw Hoffman pass. Mark this day down in history, Elvis died, Madonna was born and Josh Hoffman passed a football. Remember where you are and what you were doing when you saw it happen!Turds and coqs are soft too.

TITAN PETE
16-08-15, 05:01 PM
The Dogs are barely trying I expect plenty of points in the 2nd half

Bird or Morts should be the 6 Hoffman is an average player on a good day but hasn't got a clue in the halves..

Toads
16-08-15, 05:03 PM
Oh well.. at least it's a beautiful afternoon down there, it's a pity the same can't be said about our football.

JunctionBlock
16-08-15, 05:06 PM
Only good thing about Hoffy at 7 is Mead at FB.

Mexican titan
16-08-15, 05:31 PM

^^ female dog

Sorry if it's been mentioned but I listened to the pre game and first half on the radio and they were saying that Taylor was limping badly during the warm up and were staggered that he ended up playing. An ankle problem they reckon - his ankles probably collapsed under the weight.

Titanic
The 'Spoon … get used to it lads … oh yeah, we already are :(

Nols of the Goldy
We are just plain embarrassing. It's going to be the spoon for us for sure. Now Sezer off, oh great :ugh:

JunctionBlock
16-08-15, 05:34 PM
How funny was that back line play from one side to the other. I've seen better organisation at U14's level. This isn't a team, this is just a bunch of guys getting highly paid to do whatever.

The Spoon is ours and probably not just this year.

Now Sezer is off. Get ready to burn your jerseys.

- - - Updated - - -

Bird passes the ball before hitting the line and Roberts scores an amazing try. Maybe there is something in that?

teke
Roberts acceleration

Mexican titan
I'm sick of excuses like everyone else but playing the Dogs without our only attacking spark in LG and with James out also causing major reshuffling, did anyone expect anything else.
Fortunately the Dogs have treated us as a joke and kept it close.
............and that was a super effort from Roberts.

Toads
Please tell me White is outta here come seasons end?

TITAN PETE
16-08-15, 05:35 PM
There's something to put a smile on ones face
#Purespeed

JunctionBlock
16-08-15, 05:36 PM
Please tell me White is outta here come seasons end?

One more year on his contract.

Mexican titan
16-08-15, 05:37 PM
Morris is quick but the farking pass was forward you mongs.

And as an aside geez Pettybourne gets caught in defence a lot

TITAN PETE
16-08-15, 05:37 PM
Shame the Dogs have loads of it too

JunctionBlock
16-08-15, 05:38 PM
Hopefully Mortimer plays like a hooker rather than a half!

gotitans101_
Hoffman stunts our attack every time he gets the ball. I think he's only passed the ball once in 65 minutes.

teke
Morris is quick but the farking pass was forward you mongsall yr we've been watching lazy inside defence.

Yuck again

gotitans101_
16-08-15, 05:42 PM
Wooden spoon incoming....f***

JunctionBlock
16-08-15, 05:47 PM
So tackling not high on the lists of things to do on a football field.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm starting to realise why we have attracted sponsors this year. It's because we end up on so many highlight reels for the opposing team. Plenty of exposure.

- - - Updated - - -

Any team that allows Greg Eastwood to score a double doesn't deserve to remain in the NRL.

NSW Titan
16-08-15, 05:55 PM
Every loss is as disappointing as the last, what's even more sad is that I'm used to it now

Hail Sezer
16-08-15, 06:00 PM
Yeah becoming fairly immune to beltings

Good little break from Meady, didn't quite have the pace that Jimmy does though to get around Morris. I'd have him at fullback and day of the week though..his effort plays are superb.

Hoffman doesn't like doing that whole passing thingy

Titan4Life
16-08-15, 06:03 PM
Another disappointing loss which puts us at short odds to win the spoon. We started so well but once again errors and penalties killed us.

One thing I have noticed is that, although Bird tries his hardest and gives 110%, he does choke the ball a lot and needs to learn how to give Jimmy more space. He jinks across field towards the sideline which forces Roberts to come in and try to break through the middle in next to no time (which doesn't work). As we saw in the Jet's try, if Bird gives it to him early and out wide with more space, Jimmy can break through and is more lethal. Just an observation.

gotitans101_
16-08-15, 06:04 PM
we were bad yeah but the refs gave us a good belting too.

teke
16-08-15, 06:10 PM
Mead runs close to 200mtrs exactly the same amount he chases to stop simple dam bulldog line breaks.

Zilly > Hoffman.

Li, solid but what could he do

Nene is a winger.

Jimmy 20 errors, 20 misreads and one nice addition to his highlights package.

Bird 100% effort, stupidity etc etc

JunctionBlock
16-08-15, 06:14 PM
I don't think we have seen the last of people walking away from this team to concentrate on their own interests. The house will crumble soon.

I wonder who going to be the first person to put a positive spin on that game?

TitanSam
16-08-15, 06:28 PM
Mead - Offers so much at FB should always be there
Li - don't think he made an error and I thought he was solid
Jimmy - need to give him earlier ball
Nene - Work on defence but his dummy half runs are good
Kalifa - one of our best, Good finishing.
Hoffy - not a halve, jolts our attack
Aiden - was good before he got injured, we'll miss his kicking game
Dougie - solid but made some 'errors'
Beau - eh
Eddy - been good all season, needs to work on drifting in defence but he was good
Burr - some good runs, defence needs work
Paasi - some good runs, but he's a prop not a backrower
Birdy - always gives 100%, needed to give Jimmy quicker ball

Dave - solid runs, what we needed to see all season tbh.
White - doesn't bend the line, got smashed and defence was an issue
Hala - didn't really see him much but had some good runs and made a couple of big tackles
Morts - No, pretty much cost us two tries, COULDVE been out worst player.

Toads
16-08-15, 06:31 PM

The loss was at Gosford 'n not at home?

TITAN PETE
16-08-15, 06:39 PM
I think we were flogged by a team that just may be playing in the last match of the year

Smakked
16-08-15, 06:44 PM
Yeah..............

Bring on 2020

teke
16-08-15, 06:55 PM
I think we were flogged by a team that just may be playing in the last match of the yeari keep thinking that but they havnt shown much to suggest it.

Won't underestimate Hasler to get them to the next level needed

DavidBouveng
16-08-15, 07:03 PM
I don't think we have seen the last of people walking away from this team to concentrate on their own interests. The house will crumble soon.

is that a challenge?...im up to it.

the positive is that i was at work and missed the whole thing. i'll take the blue pill please.

JunctionBlock
16-08-15, 07:35 PM
is that a challenge?...im up to it.

the positive is that i was at work and missed the whole thing. i'll take the blue pill please.

I had you in mind when I wrote that. hahaha

nimud
16-08-15, 08:05 PM
The loss was at Gosford 'n not at home?

geez the pa guy at the ground was annoying as hell today. Playing crap music every chance he got.

On a great note, watching jimmy Roberts equal our most try's in a season record with such a sublime effort was awesome to witness.

The guys were talking most the game and very enthusiastic. The Turing point was Morris try straight after we got back within 10. Losing Sezer didn't help.

iMo We have a chance to win two more games this year pending the injury to Sezer.

JunctionBlock
16-08-15, 08:23 PM
geez the pa guy at the ground was annoying as hell today. Playing crap music every chance he got.

On a great note, watching jimmy Roberts equal our most try's in a season record with such a sublime effort was awesome to witness.

The guys were talking most the game and very enthusiastic. The Turing point was Morris try straight after we got back within 10. Losing Sezer didn't help.

iMo We have a chance to win two more games this year pending the injury to Sezer.

Henry said in the press conference he will go for scans for his shoulder. he felt some separation and would be surprised if he would be back in the next couple of weeks. We may have seen the last of Sezer for the Titans.

Hail Sezer
16-08-15, 08:25 PM
Henry said in the press conference he will go for scans for his shoulder. he felt some separation and would be surprised if he would be back in the next couple of weeks. We may have seen the last of Sezer for the Titans.

:cry:

R.I.P HS

TitanSam
16-08-15, 08:30 PM

R.I.P HS

Are you going to change your name somehow? Or just leave it?

Mexican titan
16-08-15, 08:39 PM

R.I.P HS

Yeah I am waiting for your new 2016 avatar as well. You should call for suggestions. First prize is a 4 game membership and second prize is a full season membership.

Hail Sezer
16-08-15, 08:41 PM
Are you going to change your name somehow? Or just leave it?

probably just join the Raiders forum

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I am waiting for your new 2016 avatar as well. You should call for suggestions. First prize is a 4 game membership and second prize is a full season membership.

Prizes can be awarded in vCash when we reboot that system for the 2016 season :thumbsup:

DavidBouveng
16-08-15, 09:11 PM
I had you in mind when I wrote that. hahaha

i was sure of it.

Hail Sezer
17-08-15, 06:01 AM
After letting belting number 4925 settle in, I've had a read through here and tend to agree with the majority of comments.

Jimmy makes some horrible errors but then pulls of miracle plays like that try..definition of rocks and diamonds, thankfully the diamonds weigh more than the rocks

Nene would be a very very good winger, I don't feel that he has the defensive capacity or urgency to be able to play at centre at the moment. The bulldogs at one stage were so confident that they could exploit him that they shifted the ball to their right edge on the last play with nothing on. I think Nene is a very talented footballer and could be a centre in the long term, however his lapses are costing us big time.

Mead is our best fullback. I've given Hoffman the BOTD for most of the year but I feel a lot safer with Mead back there. He returns the ball fearlessly and is becoming more accustomed to playing that 2nd man role out the back. Where that leaves Hoffman I'm not sure (and Neil will pick him at fullback again, lets be honest), however he sure as hell isn't a half.

Morts has copped a fair bit although I don't mind him playing at hooker. He's such an effort player and we really do lack that throughout the squad.

Our middle D is slopcity and fullbacks are having a fun time cleaning us up through there. I'm not sure Shillington is going to tidy that up either although Friend may assist.

Not too much else worth writing..in all honesty I've never really rated Li, and that's from watching him for 2 years in U20's. His lateral movement and ability to change direction is pretty lethargic but I actually thought he went okay yesterday, considering we got bathed. Kick returns were solid and tidied up a few grubbers nicely. I have confidence we will see him in the NRL again.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy but I'm also realistic and with that said...I think we will be in for our 2nd spoon. Suck it up lads, can only go up from here.

TITAN PETE
17-08-15, 07:01 AM
Sezer's NRL season could be over

Mon 17 Aug, 2015, 6:09am
By Steve Zemek, AAP

Gold Coast coach Neil Henry has joined North Queensland superstar Johnathan Thurston in urging the NRL to provide greater protection for kickers after playmaker Aidan Sezer suffered a potentially season-ending shoulder injury.

Sezer is expected to miss at least the next two weeks with a shoulder problem as a result of being smashed by Canterbury giant Sam Kasiano in Sunday's 36-14 loss in Gosford.

Midway through the second half, the Titans five-eighth was crunched by Kasiano as he kicked downfield - and he went up the tunnel soon after.

It proved to be a turning point in the game as the Titans were left without a recognised playmaker, with Kane Elgey a late scratching after failing to overcome a hamstring problem.

The Titans worked themselves back to within six points after James Roberts scored with 20 minutes on the clock but with makeshift halves Josh Hoffman and Greg Bird calling the shots, the Dogs ran over the top of them with three late tries.

"It's an area that's been debated and we probably need to look at it a little bit," Henry said.

"There's a bit of a difference if the kicker's going to the line to put a grubber through or something.

"But at the moment kickers are fair game for those sorts of things."

Thurston, the Australian and Queensland champion and Cowboys captain, has appealed to the NRL to offer kickers greater protection after copping what he described as repeated late shots in his side's loss to South Sydney on Thursday.

Henry said while under current rules he did not have a problem with Kasiano's hit, he believes the laws should be tightened because kickers are often left in a vulnerable position.

"As long as you wrap your arms, which I think (Kasiano) did, they're letting players do it," Henry said.

"JT (Thurston) has talked about it. It's one of those ones where he's not going to the line to kick it and when you've got 126kg landing on a 85kg body, something's going to give.

"(Sezer's) shoulder moved a bit ... He couldn't use his arm and it wasn't worth needling it."

JunctionBlock
17-08-15, 08:35 AM
Good analysis HS. Hopefully Meady gets a look in at as our long term fullback with Hoffman moving to Roberts Wing, Don moving to the centres and Nene shifting to the wing. If Hoffy doesn't want to pass then shove him on the wing. Roberts and Don can both break a line so to have Nene or Hoffman outside them might be handy. Nene is also coming in for dummy runs and offloads too so wing might be a better spot for him to retain a bit of energy to take the pressure off our forwards.

Bird also needs to be told to stop stifling the play. He's playing like Gallen, wants to be in everything but stops effective use of the back line. Stats look great but it's to the determent of the team. Personally I think he needs to be playing in the middle where he can be more effective in ensuring some effective tackles. Perhaps next year with Zeb we might see him playing out wider to allow Bird to roam in the middle.

NSW Titan
17-08-15, 09:37 AM
At least we were consistent?

Toads
17-08-15, 09:55 AM

That we are..

I'm seriously beginning to think we can't rebuild ourselves out of this situation, as we're damn near a complete basket case. There's little doubt a handful of QRL/NSWRL teams could produce better results than we do at this level. It might just be a case where the NRL might have to buy our way out of this situation, with a complete clean out of Staff, Board members and Players alike.

I'm all outta ideas..

Titanic
17-08-15, 10:41 AM
Agree with a lot of that and add that our issues are primarily:

1. Leadership on the field. I am taking a long step here and assuming that we have a game plan.
2. Backrows who can defend the edges instead of plodders and I mean James and Paasi who are props. The best teams have athletic backrowers e.g. Packer, Glenn, Guerra and even Eastwood ... these are bread and butter players, not stars but so necessary.
3. Bird plays 13 which is a middle position and everytime we get done up the middle it's him I am looking for. He should be both there and rallying the midfield.
4. Shillington will be like Douglas and we need those blokes. Friend will assist greatly but I go back to points 1 and 3.
5. Mead for 1 and Hoffman needs a wake-up call ... he passes even less than Bird ... so we are constipated left and right.
6. The need for T. Roberts or more depth in the half's was never more obvious than yesterday.
7. Totally agree with Macdonald to wing and like the look of Li for the other. Like Don but he won't get any better than what he is.

Titanic Believer
17-08-15, 06:17 PM

Funny, I made the same comment last game. Sad really...