PDA

View Full Version : Round 15: TITANS vs NZ WARRIORS

DIEHARD
15-06-15, 02:59 PM
TITANS vs NZ WARRIORS
Saturday 20 June 2015 - Robina

JunctionBlock
15-06-15, 03:26 PM
Super hero round. Maybe they're hoping the 'Multiplying Man' goes through the turnstyles.

RenegadeGC
15-06-15, 03:51 PM
Warriors vs Titans at Cbus is always a decent crowd. lol half of NZ live there ;) Stats show that game and broncs game are always the best crowd numbers give or take

Hail Sezer
15-06-15, 03:54 PM
Always my favourite games of the season when we play the Warriors.

When is TP back?

GCTTSD
15-06-15, 04:03 PM
Who will replace mosely?

IpswichTitans
15-06-15, 04:50 PM
Hurrell v Tighe is scary.

Titanic
15-06-15, 06:03 PM
Tighe can tackle though, not too worried about that match-up … more worried about where I'll sit :) first game since Darwin in 2012.

gotitans101_
15-06-15, 07:03 PM
The Warriors played some very adventurous footy in the first half of last week only to lose the game in the second half, they'll come out firing for this game and I think they'll throw a lot more at us than the Bulldogs did.

DavidBouveng
15-06-15, 07:18 PM
Tighe can tackle though, not too worried about that match-up … more worried about where I'll sit :) first game since Darwin in 2012.

where will you sit mate? ill have a beer waiting for you. who are you going with?
I dont know if your travelling over here alone at the moment, but if you are id be happy to give you the ticket for the seat next to me. good seats on 45m line, 6 rows from front.

Hail Sezer
15-06-15, 07:20 PM
where will you sit mate? ill have a beer waiting for you. who are you going with?
I dont know if your travelling over here alone at the moment, but if you are id be happy to give you the ticket for the seat next to me. good seats on 45m line, 6 rows from front.

Titanic I'd highly advise sitting with this lad, just maybe sit a few seats over because his triceps protrude quite prominently

TITAN PETE
15-06-15, 07:27 PM
Who will replace mosely?

Lets see if Morts can play 80 but if need be maybe Burr or Ridge can play there for 10 or 15 minutes..

Warriors may have the same problem as Friendy was knocked out & needs to be assessed before allowed to play this weekend

- - - Updated - - -

& very close to me :eyebrows:

If you need more than one ticket mate I'll sort them out for you

DavidBouveng
15-06-15, 09:27 PM
Lets see if Morts can play 80 but if need be maybe Burr or Ridge can play there for 10 or 15 minutes..

Warriors may have the same problem as Friendy was knocked out & needs to be assessed before allowed to play this weekend

- - - Updated - - -

& very close to me :eyebrows:

If you need more than one ticket mate I'll sort them out for you

yeah Pete is probably the better hookup titanic. He is the mayor of bay 6 and has ticket out the yang.

Titanic
15-06-15, 11:22 PM
Thanks fellas … I have a delegation out from China but will flick them but come with my mate Kevin (can you believe it) Yang :) more as I get my things in order, currently in the rugby league capital of the world … Melbourne.

Hail Sezer
16-06-15, 07:14 AM
As broken on here, don't be surprised to see Karl Lawton debut this weekend. It has been reported as a likely possibility in the Gold Coast Bulletin today as well

GCTTSD
16-06-15, 08:03 AM
As broken on here, don't be surprised to see Karl Lawton debut this weekend. It has been reported as a likely possibility in the Gold Coast Bulletin today as well

I havent watched any 20's this year, is he any good?

gotitans101_
16-06-15, 02:01 PM
By what some here have said, he'll get ripped to shreds if he debuts this week.

Whats Doing
16-06-15, 02:18 PM
Maybe Chad Redman will come straight in.

Mr Stupid
16-06-15, 03:52 PM
Tomkins is out, Lolohea to FB.

Smakked
16-06-15, 05:07 PM
Titans
1 David Mead
2 Anthony Don
3 James Roberts
4 Brad Tighe
5 Kevin Gordon
6 Josh Hoffman
7 Aidan Sezer
8 Luke Douglas
9 Daniel Mortimer
10 Nate Myles
11 Ryan James
12 Ben Ridge
13 Eddy Pettybourne

Interchange
14 Agnatius Paasi
15 Mark Ioane
16 Lachlan Burr
17 Matt Robinson
18 Dave Taylor

Coach: Neil Henry

TitanSam
16-06-15, 05:14 PM
Titans
1 David Mead
2 Anthony Don
3 James Roberts
4 Brad Tighe
5 Kevin Gordon
6 Josh Hoffman
7 Aidan Sezer
8 Luke Douglas
9 Daniel Mortimer
10 Nate Myles
11 Ryan James
12 Ben Ridge
13 Eddy Pettybourne

Interchange
14 Agnatius Paasi
15 Mark Ioane
16 Lachlan Burr
17 Matt Robinson
18 Dave Taylor

Coach: Neil Henry the bench looks very good. I assume Burr and Morts may share hooking roles. Not a bad side.

TITAN PETE
16-06-15, 05:15 PM
Not really understanding Pettybourne playing lock with both Burr & Robinson on the bench, maybe just King playing games with the opposition

Geeman
16-06-15, 05:38 PM
Good to see Meady getting another go at fullback, I think he played well last week and deserves to stay there at the moment.

DavidBouveng
16-06-15, 06:55 PM
Not really understanding Pettybourne playing lock with both Burr & Robinson on the bench, maybe just King playing games with the opposition

i think he likes tinkering with the lock playing like a middle prop idea. tried it with Taylor and it didnt quite work.

i would like to know Meadys win rate at FB...would be higher than anyone else id imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

he has more explosive pace than hoof and zill and can actually time his runs. not the greatest passer, but better than Zill for sure and gave a nice little one to morts last weekend. i think we look balanced with him there.

hoff into centre or wing when LG is back and we cooking...

Titanic
17-06-15, 01:26 AM
I don't know how Ridge gets a start … we seem to have someone waving those goat pics every week.

mup23
17-06-15, 05:30 AM
i would like to know Meadys win rate at FB...would be higher than anyone else id imagine.

Mead- 7/12, 58%
Hoffman- 5/10, 50%
Zillman- 41/84, 49%
Campbell- 31/64, 48%
Chris Walker- 1/3, 33%
Rogers- 0/3, 0%

DavidBouveng
17-06-15, 05:24 PM
Mead...by a margin too. do the right thing Neil.

Zillman is alot higher than i thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Mead- 7/12, 58%
Hoffman- 5/10, 50%
Zillman- 41/84, 49%
Campbell- 31/64, 48%
Chris Walker- 1/3, 33%
Rogers- 0/3, 0%

thanks for digging that up to.

RenegadeGC
19-06-15, 11:42 AM
Sam Tomkins posted a photo of him heading out for the GC so could be a late inclusion to the Warriors side.

Hail Sezer
19-06-15, 09:04 PM
Ridge out, taylor in

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/titans-v-warriors-dave-taylor-playing-for-future-after-earn-first-grade-re-call/story-fniabjcr-1227406475211

TitanSam
19-06-15, 09:13 PM
Ridge out, taylor in

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/titans-v-warriors-dave-taylor-playing-for-future-after-earn-first-grade-re-call/story-fniabjcr-1227406475211 Happy with that, we need the biggest forward pack possible against the Warriors.

karnage
19-06-15, 09:21 PM
Happy with that, we need the biggest forward pack possible against the Warriors.

LOL, but not the dumbest!!

I have no idea what to expect tomorrow, if you can pick a Warriors game you're going a lot better than I am!!

TitanSam
19-06-15, 09:33 PM
LOL, but not the dumbest!!

I have no idea what to expect tomorrow, if you can pick a Warriors game you're going a lot better than I am!! Man, are you always angry asf, or?...

Yankee Doodle Titan
19-06-15, 11:56 PM
Dave Taylor's career in the NRL is on the line with this game. He will play out of his skin or else he will become the biggest "almost ran" from Australia to grace the Super League. He may be lazy, but he does seem to snap out of it long enough to have one or two blinders when his goose is about to be cooked (professionally).

Tl;dr: Dave Taylor will flay the Warriors and hang their skins like macabre trophies on the uprights.

Hail Sezer
20-06-15, 12:22 PM
The newly sponsored Titans jerseys are available at a bargain $90 at the ground, would fully purchase one if I didn't live across the ocean etc

TitanSam
20-06-15, 01:20 PM
The newly sponsored Titans jerseys are available at a bargain $90 at the ground, would fully purchase one if I didn't live across the ocean etc man I hate living in New Zealand sometimes...not really..

Mexican titan
20-06-15, 01:23 PM
man I hate living in New Zealand sometimes...not really..

Both of you might regret living in NZ today as the weather on the Coast is smashing - barely a cloud. No excuse not to go to the footy today.

Hail Sezer
20-06-15, 01:29 PM
Both of you might regret living in NZ today as the weather on the Coast is smashing - barely a cloud. No excuse not to go to the footy today.

I'd jet over in an instant if the opportunity presented itself, trust me

Hail Sezer
20-06-15, 03:35 PM
U20's:

Currently 6-4 to Warriors

- - - Updated - - -

Error by Humphreys sees Warriors score under posts

12-4 Warriors

Hail Sezer
20-06-15, 04:04 PM
18-8 HT to warriors

destroying us through the middle

DavidBouveng
20-06-15, 04:13 PM
im grabbing a new jersey today as long as they have some left

mdrew
20-06-15, 04:22 PM
NYC down 22 to 14

Titan4Life
20-06-15, 04:30 PM
@balym_CMail: Nate Myles out. Nene McDonald in Brad Tighe out. Taylor on the bench. Chad Redman in.

Hail Sezer
20-06-15, 04:33 PM
Daniel Schwass and GL doing everything they can to win us the game.

22-14 20 to go

Titan4Life
20-06-15, 04:34 PM
NRL Late Changes
Sat 20th June, 04:11PM

There have been three forced changes in the Titans side because of injuries and several positional changes.

Centre Brad Tighe is out with a shoulder injury suferred in the spectacular 'no try' against the Bulldogs, when tackled over corner post by Moses Mbye. Former Rooster Nene Macdonald, who only arrived on Wednesday, will start in the No. 19 jersey.

Skipper Nate Myles is out which means Eddy Pettybourne goes into the front row and Lachlan Burr comes from the bench back to the lock position he had held for the past three games.

Ben Ridge is out with a knee injury and Matt Robinson moves from the bench to the second row.

Dave Taylor has been given a reprieve and will start from the bench with the other midweek newcomer, hooker Chad Redman, also coming into the 17.

So the team is:

Mead, Don, Roberts, Macdonald, Gordon, Hoffman, Sezer, Douglas, Mortimer, Pettybourne, James (capt), Robinson, Burr. Interchange: Paasi, Ioane, Taylor, Redman,

Hail Sezer
20-06-15, 04:51 PM
GL scores. Schwass previously ran 50m off picked up grubber

28-20 5 to go

- - - Updated - - -

GL 50m intercept, finds Rory but we can't score

28-20 final score

teke
20-06-15, 04:55 PM
Dave Taylor's career in the NRL is on the line with this game. He will play out of his skin or else he will become the biggest "almost ran" from Australia to grace the Super League. He may be lazy, but he does seem to snap out of it long enough to have one or two blinders when his goose is about to be cooked (professionally).

Tl;dr: Dave Taylor will flay the Warriors and hang their skins like macabre trophies on the uprights.Taylor is the type of player that just won't care if he plays a good or bad game at this stage of his NRL career. He's got options all around the world

Nick
20-06-15, 05:53 PM
Encouraging start this far.. My 13+ is looking ok for now.

gotitans101_
20-06-15, 06:21 PM
Nene impressive, and Redman has had some really nice touches too. We're playing fairly well overall.

Hail Sezer
20-06-15, 06:22 PM
Not bad. Nene has been really impressive thus far.

Titan4Life
20-06-15, 06:23 PM
Really impressed with Nene. Making some good breaks with the ball and has been solid in defence. Surely Zillman can't find his way back in to this team barring injury.

lonegull
20-06-15, 06:23 PM
Nene very impressive both in attack and defence, our forwards seem to be matching up well as the warriors have thrown all but the kitchen sink at us hopefully we there is enough left in the fuel tank for the second half

TitanSam
20-06-15, 06:24 PM
Nene will be good once he gets a little bit of experience. So happy we have him, finally a huge WFB/CTR. In. For a big second half, our 2nd halves are always better than our firsts.

Hail Sezer
20-06-15, 06:25 PM
Douglas has been sensational too. Burr playing his best game thus far, really gets in there and meets Manu physically on those kick returns

lonegull
20-06-15, 06:28 PM
Agree HS Douglas has been great up the middle and burr has tackled and thing that moved

Titanic Believer
20-06-15, 06:32 PM
Win or lose the Titans are great to watch this year and living up to my hopes. The new players are doing great. Redman and MacDonald look like great buys Burr is getting better every game. Bad misread from Robinson but he seems to have something worth developing. The Pettibourne/ Passi twins are getting into it. They can only get better.

Titan4Life
20-06-15, 06:34 PM
Have to add as well that Morts deserves credit for the way he is handling himself in defence.

gotitans101_
20-06-15, 06:35 PM
^ We don't look so ****ing robotic like we did under Cartwright that's for sure.

Nick
20-06-15, 06:49 PM
That was a poor read from nene, otherwise he has been fantastic for his club debut.

gotitans101_
20-06-15, 06:52 PM
Robinson is a **** defender

DIEHARD
20-06-15, 06:58 PM
It'd be disappointing to see this one slip away.

teke
20-06-15, 07:14 PM
First time in Warriors history they decide to grind lol

gotitans101_
20-06-15, 07:18 PM
we're gooooone. I knew all these injuries would catch up to us sooner or later.

TitanSam
20-06-15, 07:19 PM
How do we go from doing so excellent one week to so terrible the next?

lonegull
20-06-15, 07:25 PM
Bloody hell belcher is so negative when commentating a Titans game never has anything positive to say about the Titans

TitanSam
20-06-15, 07:28 PM
Ok well one or two positives that game out of it, Redman was ok, Nene looked good but defence was ordinary. Ioane and Paaai are looking good strong runners, DT still didn't impress me, Morts tried hard and I thought he could've been our best, Meady was good too.

Nick
20-06-15, 07:28 PM
Bloody hell belcher is so negative when commentating a Titans game never has anything positive to say about the Titans

Unfortunately not much to be positive about in that second half!
Some very poor defending to finish off.

Titanic Believer
20-06-15, 07:32 PM
A patched together injured team never had it in them to come back once weight of possession took its toll. if James and Sezer are long term injured we are goneski.........still there were some positive signs and we are getting a better picture of what our top team may look like next year.....one thing for sure a team needs two quality halves and Hoffman is not a five eight.....

Hail Sezer
20-06-15, 07:33 PM
Nene hasn't ever played centre in NRL...Neil will coach his defensive errors out. Like he did with Roberts. Brought a lot of positive with ball in hand and I'd keep him there next week.

How screwed are we with injuries? Was always gonna be hard with James off, Sezer eventually going off, Jimmy playing broke as well...

big ask next week V roosters

Nick
20-06-15, 07:33 PM
Tbh I think people expect too much from dt, he had some really strong runs without pushing the offload.
Iaone had a couple of good runs but had poor hands and piss poor defense. Morts also got dominated a lot in defense.

Happy with Redmans first Titans appearance and look forward to seeing nene getting some decent ball when elgey returns. Hoffman isn't a 5/8s asshole.

TitanSam
20-06-15, 07:37 PM
Tbh I think people expect too much from dt, he had some really strong runs without pushing the offload.
Iaone had a couple of good runs but had poor hands and piss poor defense. Morts also got dominated a lot in defense.

Happy with Redmans first Titans appearance and look forward to seeing nene getting some decent ball when elgey returns. Hoffman isn't a 5/8s asshole. People expect a lot from DT because on his day he can be unbelievable.

DIEHARD
20-06-15, 07:52 PM
Late blow-out after brave effort

A two-try effort by Golden Boot winner Shaun Johnson, who dominated the match, led the Warriors to a 36-14 victory over an injury-ravaged Aquis Gold Coast Titans outfit in front of a crowd of 14,132 at Cbus Super Stadium tonight.

The late withdrawal of Titans skipper Nate Myles due a foot injury sustained in Origin II was compounded by the loss of Ryan James (shoulder) in the first-half and Aidan Sezer in the second. James bravely went back onto the field with his left arm limp but lasted less than five minutes.

The Titans led 10-6 lead at half-time break but with the mounting injury toll and the Warriors dominating possession with six goal-line drop-outs, the Titans were unable to contain a barnstorming Warriors outfit whose second-phase play was creating a mountain of space for the enigmatic Johnson who set-up three tries, scored two and kicked six conversions.

After defending an early attacking onslaught by the Warriors, the Titans managed to post first points in the 12th minute when Matthew Robinson got an offload away to new recruit Nene Macdonald who flirted with the touchline before throwing a pass inside to a supporting Josh Hoffman to score his fourth try for the Titans and give the side an early 4-0 lead.

With the momentum in their favour, the Titans capitalised to register points through Lachlan Burr who received a deft short-ball close to the line to score his first try NRL try and give Aidan Sezer an easy conversion to give the Titans a 10-0 lead after 18 minutes.

A repeat set from a penalty close to the line gifted the Warriors prime attacking position and they took full advantage with Nathan Friend slicing his way through the Titans defence to score next to the posts before Shaun Johnson converted to reduce the Titans lead to 10-6 after 22 minutes.

The match turned into an arm-wrestle with both sides going set-for-set until the Warriors forced their fourth goal line dropout of the half and looked to have scored when Charlie Gubb got across the line but were denied by the video referee who ruled he was short of the line.

The Titans had one last opportunity to extend their lead after receiving a scrum-feed 25 metres out from the Warriors line in the final seconds of the half but they were unable to take advantage and were forced to settle for a 10-6 half-time lead.

After a frantic start to the half, the Titans were forced to pay for their ill-discipline with back-to-back penalties gifting the Warriors attacking position and they capitalised with Raymond Faitala-Mariner barging his way across the line before Johnson converted to give the Warriors a 12-10 lead after 53 minutes of play.

The Warriors went back-to-back on the back of their second-phase play giving Johnson a crack at the Titans staggered defensive line with the Golden Boot winner showing lightning pace and his trademark step to score untouched under the posts giving himself an easy kick and the Warriors an 18-10 lead.

The Warriors got across the line again in the 60th minute but were denied by the video referee who rightly ruled Solomone Kata knock the ball on in the process of reeling in a Chad Townsend grubber.

There was no denying the Warriors in the following set with Johnson putting in a deft grubber for a flying Konrad Hurrell to plant down in the in-goal. Johnson added the extras to extend the Warriors lead out to 24-10 with 15 minutes remaining.

It was a double-blow for the Titans with Sezer (ankle/knee) and James (shoulder) both coming from the field with injuries after being without 12 players from the full-time NRL squad going into the match.

But despite the lack of two of their most seasoned players, the Titans continued to compete and hit back by turning defence into attack after forcing a Warriors error before getting the ball away to James Roberts who utilised his speed to get outside the defence and score in the corner. With Sezer off the field, Mortimer took over goal-kicking duties but was unable to add the extras from the sideline leaving the Titans trailing 24-14 with less than ten minutes remaining.

The Warriors finished the game win style with two quick tries through Bodene Thompson who cleaned up another Johnson grubber to score out wide before the skilful halfback sliced through from the following set to grab his second try of the night and give the Warriors the 36-14 victory.

The Titans will look to hit-back next week when they take on the Sydney Roosters at the Central Coast on Sunday.

New Zealand Warriors 36 (S Johnson 2, N Friend, R Faitala-Mariner, K Hurrell, B Thompson tries; S Johnson 6 goals) defeated Gold Coast Titans 14(J Hoffman, L Burr, J Roberts tries; A Sezer goal)

http://www.titans.com.au/

Supergoose
20-06-15, 07:55 PM
I have no idea how the refs missed 4 or 5 rubbish play the balls by the Warriors but pick up the one we did wrong. We did look busted during the game, but Nene and Redman look like good pick-ups. Was Ryan James playing on the opposite edge to what he normally does? DT played alright but having him there didn't allow the ball to get to Roberts with as much space. We didn't have anyone running the hard line back against the grain and it told.

Warriors really wore us down and we had no go forward in the second half. Robinson wasn't great on that left edge. Probably Burr's best game for us.

Can't believe we got beaten so badly and we were in that game for most of it but just lost our way in the last 10 minutes.

JunctionBlock
20-06-15, 08:34 PM
I hope the Roosters have some more players they don't want and can send them out way. Both Redman and Nene did everything they could to retain a spot in the team, sometimes a little too much. Very impressed with the size of McDonald, good to see a dummy half scoot for the Titans for once. I didn't think Robinson was so bad especially early in the game.

I had no idea at the ground where our bench went and the ground announcers don't tell you jack sh!t. But if the injuries to James and Sezer are long term we may as well close up shop.

Hoffman isn't a 5/8, proved that beyond doubt tonight the minute he had to take over. Thought Mead got caught out of position a couple fo times tonight but I am enjoying him back there.

I still thoroughly enjoyed the game, was disappointed at the dying stages but I'm guessing no one had anything left in the tank. I could only imagine what we would be like with a fully functional uninjured team. Now we need to sweat on the injury news.

One positive is that Johnson is in my SC team. Ouch.

teke
20-06-15, 08:52 PM
I hope the Roosters have some more players they don't want and can send them out way. Both Redman and Nene did everything they could to retain a spot in the team, sometimes a little too much. Very impressed with the size of McDonald, good to see a dummy half scoot for the Titans for once. I didn't think Robinson was so bad especially early in the game.

I had no idea at the ground where our bench went and the ground announcers don't tell you jack sh!t. But if the injuries to James and Sezer are long term we may as well close up shop.

Hoffman isn't a 5/8, proved that beyond doubt tonight the minute he had to take over. Thought Mead got caught out of position a couple fo times tonight but I am enjoying him back there.

I still thoroughly enjoyed the game, was disappointed at the dying stages but I'm guessing no one had anything left in the tank. I could only imagine what we would be like with a fully functional uninjured team. Now we need to sweat on the injury news.

One positive is that Johnson is in my SC team. Ouch.Mead getting caught outta position is the myth Henry is going to rely on to boot him back to the wing, he saved 3 tries that kept the score close for a lot of the match

JunctionBlock
20-06-15, 08:56 PM
Mead getting caught outta position is the myth Henry is going to rely on to boot him back to the wing, he saved 3 tries that kept the score close for a lot of the match

Maybe, but ain't it good to have these options for once (once everyone returns from injury).

JunctionBlock
20-06-15, 09:35 PM
Luke Douglas was good in the post game interview. Added some life to the press conference.

Mexican titan
20-06-15, 10:00 PM

I agree with everyone who said we just ran out of troops and petrol. You could see at the ground the Warriors big boys were just wearing us down and the repeated sets they kept getting were going to kill us.

As for Dave Taylor he was quite pathetic today. I made a point of watching him and he was out of puff very quickly and often the last one back in the attacking line if the Warriors kicked deep. Made a few runs and looks impressive because of his size but all too few. I would punt him back to QCup and leave him there and play blokes who want to be here. No team can tolerate highly paid blokes who might put in one good game in six.

He must be either a dumb or arrogant bludger because Tallis, Meninga, Henry etc have been on his case for a season or two now and he either doesn't get it or doesn't care. He will retire and wake up one day and realise he just wasted his career.

Rant over and other than Taylor I thought the effort was ok in trying circumstances. Douglas again was super for us.

Titanic
20-06-15, 11:52 PM
Managed to get to the game - was cold, especially as some bloke slipped and spilled two beers down my back and I had come from a meeting and was in a suit. Sorry I wasn't able to catch up with any of you blokes. Got a ticket in Bay 5.

gotitans101_
21-06-15, 01:34 AM
yeah I'm not angry with the result at all...i actually sort of expected it (even tipped the Warriors). Just too many injuries to contend with and players just slotted into the team to fill numbers, it was always going to be a tough ask.

karnage
21-06-15, 05:19 AM
Nene McDonald is a serious specimen. Shaun Johnson was awesome for the Warriors today and as many have said we had a lot go against us.

A real focus for 2016 has to be improving our home performances. We've gone 1-1 this season against the Warriors, Tigers and Sharks but lost all 3 games to those teams at home!! There's a chance we will be adding Parramatta and the Knights to that list by the end of the season as well. I think that as our attack improves our home record will improve because with the dry warm conditions up here teams have no issues putting points on the board, regardless of how good the defense is.

RenegadeGC
21-06-15, 07:46 AM
A bonus for the Warriors was having Hoffmann and Tomkins back. I noticed he does a lot of organising on attack and talk which allowed SJ to just play footy. Hoffman also the authority figure for the younger ones. Was going to be a long night at the office for the boys with injuries and what not. Nene was solid and he's a big lad. Always tough playing Warriors at Cbus as its like a home game for them with the amount of Kiwis that turn up. Lol

TITAN PETE
21-06-15, 07:50 AM
Managed to get to the game - was cold, especially as some bloke slipped and spilled two beers down my back and I had come from a meeting and was in a suit. Sorry I wasn't able to catch up with any of you blokes. Got a ticket in Bay 5.

Sorry again mate we probably passed each other & didn't know it as I sit in bay 5 next to the tunnel but I don't spill beer :eyebrows:

Happy with Macdonalds debut he is a monster & could be a star of the future

Huge defensive effort from Douglas (55) Morts (44) & Burr (48) who is getting better every game , considering how much ball we had (around 40%) & add losing James for most of the match & then Sezar with 15min to go it wasn't too bad an effort from the boys but I wouldn't feed the oxygen thief DT he is an imposter & the sooner he goes the better.

Friendy came back to haunt the club that stupidly flicked him along with Johnson & the massive Matilino destroyed us with so many repeat sets

DIEHARD
21-06-15, 01:32 PM
Titans v Warriors: Five Key Points

A complete Warriors performance, encouraging signs for Titans new recruits, mini Manu makes his mark and Henry hits back at recruitment speculation in the wake of the Warriors 36-14 win on Saturday night.

Completing Warriors a match for any team

As the Titans discovered, a Warriors team that completes 13 from 13 sets to start a half of football is almost impossible to repel. Tied with the Titans prior to the game for the worst completion rates in the competition, the Warriors made just a single error in the second half as they completed 18 of 20 sets and piled on five tries to run out convincing 36-14 victors.

"It just felt like we had no ball and we were coming out of our own end," said Titans prop Luke Douglas. "They gave us a lesson in getting repeat sets and they really revved up as we were trying to get out. It was a real uphill battle and they were catching our kicks on the 40 and 50 and going straight into attacking sets so it makes it pretty tough."

In the wake of their thumping by the Rabbitohs in Round 13 Warriors coach Andrew McFadden said that improving their completion rate had become an area of intense focus.

"We put a lot of focus on that over the last few weeks," said McFadden. "We have generally been in most games and what has brought us undone has been our own errors. Securing the ball has been a real focus because when we hold onto the ball we get the results like we did tonight."

Warriors find their home away from home

With a sea of black jerseys dominating the stands at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday night, the Warriors harnessed the power of south-east Queensland's Kiwi ex-pat population to win a fifth straight game on the Gold Coast.

The booing of Titans five-eighth Aidan Sezer as he lined up a sideline conversion in the first half was clearly audible and gave the visitors a significant energy boost.

"It's pretty special the support we get, it's probably the only home game the Titans have where they get booed when they run out at the start of the game," said Warriors captain Simon Mannering. "There's that much support for us and we love coming up here to play and to get a result like that tonight is obviously great for the turn-out we get."

Added superstar half Shaun Johnson: "We love coming over here and the fact that you've got the crowd booing when Aidan Sezer's taking a shot at goal is pretty impressive. I was running back thinking, This is pretty cool. I don't think a lot of other teams would get to experience that, going away from home and getting that sort of support so really lucky."

Titans new boys show plenty of promise

Rushed in to help ease the Titans' injury crisis, new recruits Nene Macdonald and Chad Redman showed enough against the Warriors to indicate they will be very handy additions in the coming weeks and beyond. Macdonald only arrived on the Gold Coast on Tuesday night from the Roosters with former Knight Redman having his first day at the club on Wednesday. Macdonald played his first NRL game in the centres in his debut for the club and with his second touch showed plenty of speed and power to lay on the first try for Josh Hoffman. Redman was sharp in his stint at dummy-half and with the injury to Aidan Sezer is set to play even more minutes next week against the Roosters.

"The boys were still struggling with first names and getting the calls on our plays but he showed real promise," Douglas said of his new teammates. "Just the size of him (Macdonald), he's a centre/winger and he's bigger than me. He's a big boy and showed some real good touches so definitely some good signs from the two new boys. [Redman] got out of there and did one good kick out of dummy-half and will get better as the weeks go on. A couple of times with different plays come unstuck but it's all going to improve."

Ken Maumalo is a massive mini 'Beast'

He is in doubt for next week's clash with the Raiders after rolling his ankle midway through the second half but in just his fourth first grade game Ken Maumalo showed there will be life after Manu Vatuvei with another eye-catching performance. The 20-year-old powerhouse brought the crowd to their feet as he pushed off the back fence to charge into the Titans defence and regularly provided strong starts to sets for his team.

"He's a Manu-type too I suppose," was McFadden's post-match appraisal. "Certainly at the start of the year I wasn't anticipating him playing first grade and just the way he's developed is a real credit to him. He's obviously got a lot of upside with how powerful and big he is but it's the other parts of his game which has got him into first grade."

Henry hits back at Maloney speculation

In the post-DCE backflip period the Titans have been linked with every half coming off contract in the NRL but coach Neil Henry took the post-game press conference to vehemently refute any suggestion the club had been in the market for Roosters five-eighth James Maloney. In the wake of Maloney's decision to join the Sharks in 2016 a media report on Saturday suggested that he had rejected a larger offer from the Titans to link with Cronulla, a claim Henry denied in the strongest possible manner.

"In today's papers there were a couple of stories about Jimmy Maloney and an offer from this club that he's knocked back and he's gone to play at Cronulla," Henry said unprompted. "Categorically there has been no offer. There was no talk with his management about him coming here whatsoever so to actually put that in there is not right. I'm a little bit upset that we get media jumping to conclusions about our salary cap position because Daly Cherry-Evans didn't come here and we weren't in the market for him (Maloney) and nor was he part of our future planning. I'll make that nice and clear that that's not true."

twenty
21-06-15, 06:18 PM
I recently started watching NRL and the Titans games and I was just wondering why there were so many Warriors fans? Do they always have so many fans at games?
Also, who was the lady sitting with the players ( Myles,Bird)? Is she famous? why did the camera show her several times?

Mexican titan
21-06-15, 07:07 PM
I recently started watching NRL and the Titans games and I was just wondering why there were so many Warriors fans? Do they always have so many fans at games?
Also, who was the lady sitting with the players ( Myles,Bird)? Is she famous? why did the camera show her several times?

Welcome to the forum mate.
There are a lot of Kiwis on the Gold Coast and they often attend Warriors games in large numbers. Actually they provided a great atmosphere yesterday.
I was at the game so didn't see the tv so someone else will have to help you with the lady who was shown.

DavidBouveng
21-06-15, 07:13 PM
we are dead set up against it. injuries are at critical level, so i dont think we can be too harsh on them.

nene was a great debut. one of the better ones id reckon. only Sezer has maybe had a better debut out of the backs...hope Nene's second good game doesnt take to arrive as long as Aiden's did.