PDA

View Full Version : Round 12: TITANS vs RABBITOHS

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 08:02 PM
TITANS vs RABBITOHS

Buy tickets : CLICK HERE (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT1215)

toddythetitan
18-05-15, 08:42 AM
How did our qcup players go this week srama,hala, ingham, leva li, and gordon are any of these guys playing well enough to earn a call up? Lonegull?

Toads
18-05-15, 12:45 PM
Might be a good week to start polishing the silverware, moreso the platters..

Smakked
18-05-15, 01:38 PM
If we keep them Under 40 points i will be happy

Surfers66
18-05-15, 04:40 PM
Because we should lose this one, we will probably win.

Titanic
18-05-15, 07:12 PM
If we lose by 1 I'll tear my hair out and set it on fire or vice versa :(

Yankee Doodle Titan
18-05-15, 09:32 PM
Because we should lose this one, we will probably win.

THIS is why I hate and love this team. We'll probably win by 30, and Zillman will score a hat trick.

mup23
19-05-15, 06:42 AM
Souths haven't won a game without Reynolds since he debuted. Inglis and Myles backing up. Souths aren't the same team that won the premiership.

I'll back us in, Titans by 8

Titanic
19-05-15, 11:07 AM
I'm reserving my judgement until I see the team.

5 Year Contract
22-05-15, 09:00 AM
The biggest problem with this team is you dont know what you are going to get. I dont think I have ever felt 'comfortable' watching this team for some time. By comfortable I mean in most game you at least know what you are going to get. With us we seem to lose games we should win, win games we should lose and have moments of brilliance followed up by shockers that cost us the games. Who knows how we will go. Some consistency would be amazing and hopefully thats what DCE brings.

TitansFan92
22-05-15, 09:58 AM
This game will go one of two ways. Souths will destroy us and put 40 points on us or we will use the loss to the Sharks to spur us on to win.

Titanic
22-05-15, 12:07 PM
This game will go one of two ways. Souths will destroy us and put 40 points on us or we will use the loss to the Sharks to spur us on to win.
Splinters in your butt there :)

Bayside Titan
23-05-15, 10:55 AM
Souths only just got home with the win last night despite the wet conditions. Souths could have a couple of more injuries come out of the game as well.

Hopefully all our guys are fit and healthy for the game. The bye probably came at the right time.

DIEHARD
23-05-15, 12:57 PM
Souths really are in trouble. But that doesn't mean we can or will win. But coming off the bye hopefully we are prepared. It's been a whirlwind start to 2015.

JunctionBlock
25-05-15, 09:04 AM
Just heard on the radio that Beau Falloon has dislocated his wrist at training this morning.

Hail Sezer
25-05-15, 09:27 AM
Just heard on the radio that Beau Falloon has dislocated his wrist at training this morning.

Yeah Sezer in doubt too

TITAN PETE
25-05-15, 11:22 AM
Yeah Sezer in doubt too

Give Hazard a go just don't put Zillman at 6

Bayside Titan
25-05-15, 11:33 AM
Give Hazard a go just don't put Zillman at 6

What about Fogarty Pete?

Titanic
25-05-15, 11:49 AM
I would take Hala at 6 before Zillman.

JunctionBlock
25-05-15, 12:06 PM
Whats wrong with Sezer?

Bayside Titan
25-05-15, 01:46 PM
Whats wrong with Sezer?

Sore Hammy

DIEHARD
25-05-15, 03:01 PM
Titans expecting Inglis to back up

Greg Inglis makes a run against the Titans in 2014. Credit: Col Whelan. Copyright: NRL Photos.
He has been hospitalised for a number of days with a bout of tonsilitis but Titans fullback Josh Hoffman expects to see Greg Inglis lead the Rabbitohs on to Cbus Super Stadium when the two teams meet on Saturday afternoon.

As Gold Coast players returned to training on Monday after a bye weekend in which they participated in a team camp at Casuarina before being granted a long weekend, Inglis was the subject of intense media scrutiny as to whether he would take his place for Queensland on Wednesday night.

Should he recover in time to play in the Origin Series opener – as is expected – Inglis will have less than 72 hours to prepare for South Sydney's assignment on the Gold Coast after what is sure to be another brutal interstate encounter.

While he would be grateful for Inglis' absence, Hoffman said he and the rest of the Titans will prepare as though the South Sydney skipper will be there at 3pm on Saturday.

"Me and him, personally we've had some close encounters and he's knocked me over a couple of times and it would be a big loss for Souths if he doesn't play but we'll just wait and see after the Origin," said Hoffman.

"I'm sure he'll back up and he'll bring a lot of leadership and experience. They can produce anything on the day, it's just a matter of trying to contain those superstars.

"A player like him, he's pretty hard to stop. He's got great ball skills, he's just naturally talented, he's a freak of nature and just hard to stop.

"Our job is to get as many defenders in the tackle as possible and hopefully wrestle him and limit his time and make him chase the ball."

Although much focus later in the week will centre on Inglis's availability for the Rabbitohs, the Titans are not without their own injury concerns with Aidan Sezer (hamstring) and Beau Falloon (wrist) both failing to complete the session while David Mead's hamstring injury suffered against the Sharks appears certain to rule him out for at least a week.

Coming back from a shoulder injury, Falloon was left reeling out of an attempted tackle on Luke Douglas at training on Monday morning with an assessment on the extent of the injury to be made on Monday afternoon.

"I just took a hit-up, a bit of an innocuous shot and he got caught in between me and Eddy [Pettybourne]," Douglas said.

"I don't know the full extent of the injury but not too good first day back after a break. He'll get looked at and hopefully he's all good."

There is better news with regards to Mead's injury and his potential replacements with both Kevin Gordon (Burleigh) and Kalifa Faifai Loa (Tweed Heads) in good form in the Intrust Super Cup in recent weeks.

Faifai Loa is believed to be the front-runner to replace Mead having represented the Queensland Residents during the representative round but Gordon gave coach Neil Henry something to consider with a try in Burleigh's win over Mackay on Sunday.

"They've been playing really good with their respective Queensland Cup sides so we've got some great depth there in the outside backs," said Hoffman.

"Whoever comes in and does the job I'm sure they'll do a great one."

http://www.nrl.com/

DIEHARD
25-05-15, 03:13 PM
Tickets for the game http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT1215

We are going to need plenty of Titans supporters to show up to face down the Rabbit fans.

GCTTSD
25-05-15, 04:16 PM
I would really like to see fogarty or hazard play

JunctionBlock
25-05-15, 06:20 PM
Missus reminded me today that it's our 16th wedding anniversary on Saturday. I told her it will be cold at the footy so we can cuddle there.

Hail Sezer
25-05-15, 06:37 PM
If Sezer is out then they'll just put Morts to 6 and Srama in to the 17 I'd imagine

K2G
26-05-15, 09:18 AM
Gold Coast Titans half Kane Elgey set for goal kicking duties if Sezer injured
JACK HARBOUR GOLD COAST BULLETIN (http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/gold-coast-titans-half-kane-elgey-set-for-goal-kicking-duties-if-sezer-injured/story-fnj9yd9w-1227368963118) MAY 26, 2015 12:00AM

Titans halfback Kane Elgey could be forced to take on the goal kicking duties this weekend.

AN injury scare for five-eighth Aidan Sezer could hand Kane Elgey the chance to produce another element from his impressive kitbag with the half likely to take over goal kicking duties for the Titans.

Elgey, 21, looms as the likely kicker with Sezer in doubt for Saturday’s clash with reigning premiers the Rabbitohs.

One player who won’t be putting his hand up in a hurry is fullback Josh Hoffman. He said the Titans were not without options.

“I’m probably down at the bottom of the pecking order,” he said. “Kane’s got a nice boot on him and also Daniel Mortimer’s got a boot on him so there are a few boys who have got experience at goal kicking.

“Aidan’s just treating his hammy and taking the precaution with that.”

Hoffman said he had confidence in either Kalifa Faifai Loa or Kevin Gordon to replace David Mead who also has a hamstring injury. But if Gordon is called up, the Titans have another kicking option.

Hoffman expects Souths skipper Greg Inglis to back up from Origin I, admitting GI had been factored into strategy conversations. “I’m hoping (Greg doesn’t turn up). We’ve had some pretty close encounters – he’s knocked me over a few times but it will be a big loss for Souths if he doesn’t play,” he said.

Titans prop Luke Douglas said the Origin period was an opportunity for the Gold Coast to get ahead, and highlighted the Titans’ lacklustre record at home as a key area of improvement ahead of Saturday’s Cbus Super Stadium clash.

“We haven’t got too many wins at home so it’s something we’re trying to work on, not just for ourselves but the supporters who get down there every week,” he said.

“Origin period is that massive chance for us to try to get a few wins under our belts.”

The 21-year-old halfback could find himself the go-to man this weekend with Sezer in doubt ahead of Saturday’s clash with reigning premiers the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

But the injury woes didn’t stop there for the Titans.

Hooker Beau Falloon immediately left the field during what club officials described as an “innocuous” defensive drill yesterday morning but whether the injury is likely to impact on his hopes for the weekend remains to be seen.

TITAN PETE
26-05-15, 11:27 AM
What about Fogarty Pete?

Another good player but I think Hazard is better but I'd be happy with Titanics option too

- - - Updated - - -

In my opinion Elgey is a better kicker than Sezar at every level

Hail Sezer
26-05-15, 03:23 PM
I think we'll see:

Hoffman
Don
Roberts
Zillman
KFFL
Sezer
LG
Douglas
Moseley
Myles
James
Taylor
Burr

Petty
White
Ridge
Mortimer
Paasi (18th man)
Srama (19th in case Sezer injured, morts will go to 6)

Titan4Life
26-05-15, 05:03 PM
Titans team vs Rabbitohs

1 – Josh Hoffman

2 – Anthony Don

3 – James Roberts

4 – William Zillman

5 – Kevin Gordon

6 – Aidan Sezer

7 – Kane Elgey

8 – Luke Douglas

9 – Kierran Moseley

10 – Nate Myles (capt)

11- Ryan James

12 – Dave Taylor

13 – Lachlan Burr

Interchange

14 – Matthew White

15 – Eddy Pettybourne

16 – Ben Ridge

17 – Daniel Mortimer

18 – Mark Ioane

Titans home crowd favourite Kevin Gordon returns to the Titans side for Saturday’s home clash with premiers South Sydney, replacing the injured David Mead (hamstring).

It is the first time since being injured after the round one clash with Wests Tigers that Gordon, locked in a close battle with Mead as the club’s top try-scorers in the nine-season history, has been in the line-up.

“It was a very close call between Kevin and Kalifa Faifai Loa who has also been in good form for Seagulls and made the Queensland Residents side, but Kevin just got the nod,” said coach Neil Henry.

Ben Ridge, a late call-up into the side that played the Sharks in round 10, retains his spot with Mark Ioane 18th man.

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/05/26/kevin_gordon_returns.html

TitansFan92
26-05-15, 05:34 PM
Titans team vs Rabbitohs

1 – Josh Hoffman

2 – Anthony Don

3 – James Roberts

4 – William Zillman

5 – Kevin Gordon

6 – Aidan Sezer

7 – Kane Elgey

8 – Luke Douglas

9 – Kierran Moseley

10 – Nate Myles (capt)

11- Ryan James

12 – Dave Taylor

13 – Lachlan Burr

Interchange

14 – Matthew White

15 – Eddy Pettybourne

16 – Ben Ridge

17 – Daniel Mortimer

18 – Mark Ioane

Titans home crowd favourite Kevin Gordon returns to the Titans side for Saturday’s home clash with premiers South Sydney, replacing the injured David Mead (hamstring).

It is the first time since being injured after the round one clash with Wests Tigers that Gordon, locked in a close battle with Mead as the club’s top try-scorers in the nine-season history, has been in the line-up.

“It was a very close call between Kevin and Kalifa Faifai Loa who has also been in good form for Seagulls and made the Queensland Residents side, but Kevin just got the nod,” said coach Neil Henry.

Ben Ridge, a late call-up into the side that played the Sharks in round 10, retains his spot with Mark Ioane 18th man.

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/05/26/kevin_gordon_returns.html

Pretty much what I expected.

Hail Sezer
26-05-15, 05:37 PM
Yeah pretty standard lineup.

KG scored a ripper of a try for Burleigh in the weekend too

TitansFan92
26-05-15, 05:39 PM
Yeah pretty standard lineup.

KG scored a ripper of a try for Burleigh in the weekend too

Hopefully he rips souths apart and scores a hat trick on the weekend.

Titanic
26-05-15, 05:59 PM
That is an underwhelming bench and as for Gordon ... well, whatever.

5 Year Contract
27-05-15, 07:36 AM
That is an underwhelming bench and as for Gordon ... well, whatever.

Yep I still do not understand why Davin hasnt been blooded yet? Also how has Hala's form been as of late? Still not enough to push him past White for a run?

JunctionBlock
29-05-15, 07:29 AM
Any word on Sezer? What's the likelihood of him lining up?

I'm pumped for this game. I missed the sharks game cause an inconsiderate friend put his wedding on the same day but my anniversary ain't stopping me this weekend. I don't know if I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms but I can see it playing out to a Titans triumphant win. Hopefully GI plays like he did on Wednesday and their halves are still in disarray. Rabbitohs forwards are intimidating anymore. Just hope Sezer plays and I wish Bird was back out there. Imagine if he could line up this weekend after missing origin. He'd kill someone!

TitansFan92
29-05-15, 08:03 AM
Any word on Sezer? What's the likelihood of him lining up?

I'm pumped for this game. I missed the sharks game cause an inconsiderate friend put his wedding on the same day but my anniversary ain't stopping me this weekend. I don't know if I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms but I can see it playing out to a Titans triumphant win. Hopefully GI plays like he did on Wednesday and their halves are still in disarray. Rabbitohs forwards are intimidating anymore. Just hope Sezer plays and I wish Bird was back out there. Imagine if he could line up this weekend after missing origin. He'd kill someone!

Nothing on Sezer yet. If Greg Bird was aloud to play he would indeed kill someone but then he would be suspended again hahaha

DavidBouveng
29-05-15, 08:38 AM
i read Sezer is looking likely and trained a bit on wednesday?

gotitans101_
29-05-15, 01:45 PM
It's a terrible, terrible bench we have these days. Pettybourne goes alright but the rest are ineffective.

Mexican titan
29-05-15, 02:10 PM
Just in case anyone doesn't know the Titans have a deal for this game. Buy a ticket and get a free one to the Manly game plus some merch. Other than a couple of small adds in the Bully and an email to existing members this has been kept a secret.
Extremely poor marketing!

JunctionBlock
29-05-15, 02:28 PM
I was surprised that they needed to do a promo for the Rabbitohs game. Last season it was a sellout just like most of their members. Same as trying to prop up the Manly game. The only reason I can think is that they are trying to get more Titans supporters than the opposition but reality is that isn't going to happen.

Mexican titan
29-05-15, 04:28 PM
I was surprised that they needed to do a promo for the Rabbitohs game. Last season it was a sellout just like most of their members. Same as trying to prop up the Manly game. The only reason I can think is that they are trying to get more Titans supporters than the opposition but reality is that isn't going to happen.

Maybe they are trying to get as many to the Manly game for an early look at DCE. Last seasons Rabbits crowd was 19,107.
This promotion had a membership component to it as per the earlier game this year - I think the Titans are trying to build up a data base of potential new members (as you have to give contact details) for future years. That is a good idea but people need to know about it.

beeps
30-05-15, 12:00 PM
expecting a big one from GI today, but hoping he's quite

should be a good day, I'm taking the family along and making the most of the activities before and after the game!

Hail Sezer
30-05-15, 01:11 PM
10 - 12 ktc, kelly just scored.

GL on in to fullback

DIEHARD
30-05-15, 01:31 PM
OK Im here. Spent yesterday in hospital with a suspected appendicitis, but I passed the tests so it's a mystery. Was waiting in hospital for 7 hours and only left at 2am.

But I am home to watch the game. :)

DIEHARD
30-05-15, 01:34 PM
Titans v Rabbitohs: The final word

Sat 30 May, 2015, 6:00am

Where the coaches think the game will be won, the late mail on injury concerns and which team has the overwhelming support of the punters.

Titans coach Neil Henry

On expectation of facing Greg Inglis: "Greg's certainly a key for them and we expect him to turn up and play. He looked like he was a bit underdone in that game and had been sick throughout the week so he's certainly a danger for them. We knew that he'd been ill throughout the week and was probably a bit underdone energy-wise in the game but the team was good enough to get the job done. We expect him to be here and he's a real key and a real danger."

On winning the battle in the middle: "They blew us off the park here last year. They've got a big pack with the Burgess boys so it's a big challenge for us. Their form has been a little bit up and down as well and we've had a couple of losses; we need to get another win. We've conceded some momentum through the middle. We've talked about it, we've worked on it and it will be up to the boys in there to get the job done. Our outside players, our edges, need to probably tighten up a bit and help out so hopefully we can do that. If we don't do that we'll be in trouble. There's no secret there, we need to get in front of them and be strong defensively."

On George Burgess coming off the bench: "We've just got to make sure that we try to match the intensity when he comes on. He's very powerful, pretty mobile for a big man and they're very much a threat when they get close to your try-line. We've conceded a lot of tries inside 10 metres and we looked at that in our review for the first 10 weeks and it's an area we need to tighten up around the ruck."

Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire

On criticism of Greg Inglis's Origin performance: "I thought he did quite well on Wednesday night considering [his illness] and we're pretty excited about having him back in our team as we always are. His illness last week was the only issue he went into that game with and everyone has such high expectations when he walks out onto the field, and he normally delivers that. You're hard markers, everyone expects him to run 100 metres and score a try."

On how the team is travelling through 11 rounds: "We're growing as a group. Obviously we went through a period there where we weren't probably hitting the things we've been practising but the way we're going about our training and in games we need to make sure we're improving all the time. Everyone in the competition is getting better and we need to do the same."

On the threat posed by the Titans: "They're a really quick team, willing to throw the ball around so defensively you've got to be right on song. They play a lot of inside play so they'll test your forwards so again through the middle we have to make sure we're alive and ready when they're coming through. They've got a lot of speed out on the edges so we're well aware of what's coming."

Injury update: Maroons Nate Myles and Greg Inglis have both been declared certain starters for their respective teams having come through Game One on Wednesday night bruised but otherwise fine. Aidan Sezer has overcome a hamstring strain to take his place at five-eighth for the Titans while for the Rabbitohs Chris Grevsmuhl remains on standby for Ben Lowe who suffered strained ligaments in his knee last week against the Eels.

Betting: There's almost three times the money on the Rabbitohs in head-to-head betting. Sportsbet punters have singled this game as the most clear-cut of the weekend. They have wagered more money on Souths to win 13+ than all of the other margin options put together. Sportsbet are not even seeing any interest in the Titans at the line. Alex Johnston is a try-scoring machine and the $8 favourite for first try-scorer, but his teammate on the opposite wing, Aaron Gray, has easily been the best backed player to cross first at $9.50.

DIEHARD
30-05-15, 01:40 PM
Gold Coast Titans v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Cbus Super Stadium Saturday, 3pm

No Titans player will say that this is a good time to play the defending premiers for fear that it will somehow inspire a team struggling for cohesion to produce their best display of the season, but make no mistake, this is a very good time for the Titans to be hosting the Rabbitohs.

Minus Adam Reynolds and Glenn Stewart and with severe doubt as to whether Greg Inglis will be in a position to back-up after Origin I makes South Sydney look as vulnerable as at any time in Michael Maguire's reign as coach.

It took an extremely poor piece of defence from the Eels in the 75th minute before the Rabbitohs were able to edge their way in front in what were admittedly atrocious conditions at ANZ Stadium last Friday night.

The greatest concern for the Titans is that even though South Sydney are below their best they are still finding ways to win. Having lost three games at home by a combined total of four points it is a quality the Titans are still very much learning as they aim to keep pace with the top five.

Former Rabbitoh Beau Falloon is out of the Titans team with a dislocated wrist and David Mead (hamstring) has been replaced on the wing by Kevin Gordon.

The Rabbitohs have named Inglis at fullback and shifted Alex Johnston back to the wing in place of Joel Reddy. Chris Grevsmuhl and debutant John Olive have been added to a six-man bench that also includes George Burgess.

Despite suffering stretched ligaments in his knee against the Eels, Ben Lowe has been named in the second row for South Sydney and Bryson Goodwin will play his 50th game for the club.

Rnd 12: Sat 30 May 2015, 1:00pm, Cbus Super Stadium #NRLTitansSouths

Watch Out Titans: Luke Keary's first two tries in the NRL came in a single game against the Titans in his rookie season in 2013 and the former Burleigh Bear would love nothing more to heap further misery on the club that overlooked him for being too small. He's been burdened by the pressure of guiding the Rabbitohs around the park in the absence of Adam Reynolds but playing alongside John Sutton last week he returned to somewhere near his best. Keary topped the stats for South Sydney in line breaks (two) and tackle busts (six) and his running game will catch out any lazy Titans defenders.

Watch Out Rabbitohs: One of three former Rabbitohs lining up for the Titans on Saturday, Eddy Pettybourne has become one of the Titans' most consistent contributors since joining the club just prior to the start of the season. His average of 115 metres off the bench is second only to Greg Bird and his 10 offloads have created plenty of second-phase play through the middle of the field. With the sheer size of the Rabbitohs forwards, Pettybourne's leg speed and energy in the middle third shapes as a real trump card for the home side.

Key Match-Up: David Taylor v Chris McQueen. Two spurned members of Queensland's Origin squad from last year and former teammates get the opportunity to give Maroons selectors a little reminder of their credentials with a one-on-one stoush on Saturday. After a sluggish start to the season McQueen has been a threat on the Rabbitohs' left edge and got through an impressive amount of work, including 43 tackles last week against the Eels. But this is the game where the Titans desperately need a runaway 'Coal Train'. In seven games Taylor has made 21 tackle busts and three line-breaks and 'Good Dave' could make the difference in this one.

History: Played 12; Titans 5; Rabbitohs 7. Prior to their 14-10 win at ANZ Stadium in Round 17 last year the Titans had endured a five-match losing streak to the Rabbitohs having won their previous three encounters on the trot. The last two visits to the Gold Coast have been fruitful for South Sydney, winning by a combined total of 72-22.

Did You Know: Three former Rabbitohs have scored against their old club while playing for the Titans. Mark Minichiello scored in the first meeting of the two teams in Round 11 2007 and then scored a double in Gold Coast's 22-14 win in Round 23, 2009. Chris Walker – who played just five games for South Sydney – scored in Round 8, 2009 and Dave Taylor crossed in the Titans' 40-18 loss in Round 9 last year.

What Are The Odds: Titans $2.60, Rabbitohs $1.50. There is nearly three times the money placed on the Rabbitohs in comparison to the Titans. Sportsbet punters have identified South Sydney at the line as the best bet in this match. Latest odds at Sportsbet.com.au

Match Officials: Referee: Grant Atkins; Assistant Referee: Gavin Reynolds; Touch Judges: Jeff Younis and Clayton Sharpe; Video Referees: Jared Maxwell and Ben Galea.

Televised: Fox Sports – Live 3pm

The Way We See It: The bookmakers will tell you that this is a foregone conclusion but the Rabbitohs' shaky run of form and the Titans' strong displays at home would suggest this match will be go down to the wire. Given his bout of tonsilitis last week Greg Inglis must be in severe doubt to back up after Origin I and a dry track should suit the Titans' quick men. This is a danger game for the Bunnies but their class should just get them home. Again. Rabbitohs by 4 points.

Hail Sezer
30-05-15, 01:41 PM
If youre missing GL in his debut, youre missing out

Hail Sezer
30-05-15, 02:00 PM
Deacon was vomitting at the half, back out there now

Parahi off for rest of game with hip injury

Titans 26-24 63min

DIEHARD
30-05-15, 02:06 PM
Late change in backline

http://wa1.www.titans.com.au/content/titans/club/news/2015/05/30/late_change_in_backl/_jcr_content/par/image.img.jpg/1432958418500.jpg

Williakm Zillman is out of the Titans side for today's clash with the Rabbitohs starting at Cbus Super Stadiuk at 3pm.

He has a minor back injury and Brad Tighe has his first NRL appearance of the season at right centre afte rsome good form with Burleigh Bears.

http://www.titans.com.au/

DIEHARD
30-05-15, 02:09 PM
Under 20s sounds like a cracking game!

Hail Sezer
30-05-15, 02:11 PM
Tighe over Crampton and Mortimer starting over Moseley. Ridge starting over Taylor

Why

K2G
30-05-15, 03:01 PM
Tighe over Crampton and Mortimer starting over Moseley. Ridge starting over Taylor

Why

I suppose I can understand Henry going with a Tighe + Gordon as our center wing combo, as they defend next to each other for burleigh and have that chemistry... but geez I would've liked to have seen what Crampton can do at this level.

Mortimer starting over Moseley is a bad move imo.

Still pumped for the game today.

Titans by 10.

TitanSam
30-05-15, 03:05 PM
NO CRAMPTON WTF. I guess he will never play this season :/

gotitans101_
30-05-15, 03:16 PM
Holy crap that defense! Gordon's 2 try savers...awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Roberts too quick for Goodwin lol

Titan4Life
30-05-15, 03:20 PM
Some good scrambling defence by the boys in the opening 10. Also, credit to Kevvie who made a few crucial tackles there and has been quite good. Cmon boys!

NSW Titan
30-05-15, 03:24 PM
Giving away too many penalties and too many errors

gotitans101_
30-05-15, 03:26 PM
I suppose I can understand Henry going with a Tighe + Gordon as our center wing combo, as they defend next to each other for burleigh and have that chemistry

From what I've seen so far I reckon you're right.

Titan4Life
30-05-15, 03:37 PM
OMG seriously can we hold onto the ball?!

NSW Titan
30-05-15, 03:37 PM
Too much free ball and possession, can't give the premiers that

Julius Sezer
30-05-15, 03:43 PM
Sezer has one of the easiest job. Just look to Roberts and pass to him. :)

Stalks
30-05-15, 03:43 PM
Keep feeding that ball to Roberts ;)

teke
30-05-15, 03:51 PM
This Titans team has the biggest collection of idiots with their penalties

K2G
30-05-15, 03:56 PM
Brave defense from the boys. Could be a season defining game for us today.

Titanic
30-05-15, 04:09 PM
How much better do we look without Zillman? BUt totally endorse all the comments about our completion rate and James' penalties.

C'mon boys we've got this.

gotitans101_
30-05-15, 04:13 PM
f***ing Myles, bugger off to Manly already.

5 Year Contract
30-05-15, 04:15 PM
How do we solve our completion problem? Its been f'n WOEFUL for years now. See ya Nate thanks for turning up for origin and not much else

Titanic
30-05-15, 04:20 PM
Great defence but gee we look all over the place.

5 Year Contract
30-05-15, 04:20 PM
And that ladies and gentlemen is why Will Zillman has no place in our team. Thats how a fullback defends and doesnt give up. Well done hoffy

Titanic
30-05-15, 04:29 PM
Ridge is not an A Grader - missed tackles, penalties and now bludging in the line.

James is beckoning some QCup time too.

teke
Penalties penalties penalties

lonegull
Still can't fathom how matt White gets a start in the 17 he offers nothing

gotitans101_
30-05-15, 04:30 PM
Both White & Ridge have no place in this team but we don't have anyone else.

lonegull
30-05-15, 04:30 PM
Ridge is not an A Grader - missed tackles, penalties and now bludging in the line.

Not the first time he has been bludgeing on the line been caught out a fair bit

mdrew
30-05-15, 04:31 PM
Sigh another week starting with hope ending with penalties and poor decisions. The sad thing is that it is in the NYC side as well and for that matter little seems to have changed from last year.

5 Year Contract
30-05-15, 04:32 PM
Ridge that 6 points is solely on you. Him and White good luck getting a contract next year. That said again our completions are horrible. We look such a better team without Zillman but for gods sake you dont hold the ball, you keep giving away penalties its the same story every game. Get it together boys

lonegull
30-05-15, 04:32 PM
Penalty penalty penalty poor discipline

mdrew
30-05-15, 04:33 PM
The penalty count stands at 9-4 to Souths unbelievable

lonegull
30-05-15, 04:34 PM
And another penalty

teke
30-05-15, 04:34 PM
Penalties even flowing while they are on attack lol

5 Year Contract
30-05-15, 04:37 PM
Same old **** being served up by us

gotitans101_
30-05-15, 04:37 PM
it's almost like they want to lose, this is awful. If we held onto the ball today we win this game.

5 Year Contract
30-05-15, 04:39 PM
This is what we give our home fans who pay to come and see us. Pathetic

mdrew
30-05-15, 04:39 PM
Poor poor performance

lonegull
30-05-15, 04:40 PM
What a display today absolute disgrace some of these players

- - - Updated - - -

It will only get worse next week with zillman back

Hail Sezer
30-05-15, 04:40 PM
We honestly don't deserve to win this game. Discipline has been appalling

Titanic
30-05-15, 04:42 PM
Rebuilding year or not, our team is just crap … Henry might be able to develop structure but he's done nothing with the discipline of the sme players: Myles, James, Ridge, Gordon, James, Ridge, Gordon and James.

- - - Updated - - -

Sezer is a thief and Taylor did the right thing.

5 Year Contract
30-05-15, 04:49 PM
Somehow still alive. This set is going to be how we handle pressure

- - - Updated - - -

Deadset Burr

- - - Updated - - -

Sums up our day perfectly

Titanic
well that's it … WTF

mdrew
That will do me, can not believe that

lonegull
30-05-15, 04:51 PM
That sums it up drop ball over the line

- - - Updated - - -

Stripped but refs and touchie missed it

5 Year Contract
30-05-15, 04:52 PM
Another week another reason I wonder why I pay for membership. Continue to 'rebuild' I guess.

Boonarga
30-05-15, 04:53 PM
Gordon, piss off back to park football or wherever it is you've been.

5 Year Contract
30-05-15, 04:54 PM
We were 'brave' today apparently???

Titanic Believer
30-05-15, 04:55 PM
Who would be a Titans supporter......only Masochists.....!!!!!

5 Year Contract
30-05-15, 04:57 PM
Who would be a Titans supporter......only Masochists.....!!!!!

Hahaha! This. I dont even enjoy watching the games anymore they are bloody frustrating. Ah wells we continue on for another week. Some good signs there amongst the overwhelming negativity. We will either one day get it together or our club will fold. Tigers next week I think this should be a test of Henry's selection process as there is about 5 players who I wouldnt be picking for next week

Titanic
30-05-15, 04:59 PM
No mate they said we were grave … gravely terrible … those young guys don't deserve to have the idiots around them … honestly Ridge, White, Gordon AND James. I won't blame Burr because he had that knocked out nor Tighe who was stripped two on one … but I have to mention the 10 meters was non-existent.

Julius Sezer
30-05-15, 05:00 PM
if i just read this thread and didn't watch the game then i'd think we were playing very poorly but there are so many positives to take out of that match. But yes discipline is clearly an area that has cost us way too many times.

gotitans101_
30-05-15, 05:01 PM
I thought our D in the first half was the most encouraging thing about our performance today. Other than that we were dreadful. You hear Fien say 'I'd like to see the Titans halves take control of this game more' well how are they supposed to when our dumb forwards keep dropping the ball every set and giving away piggy back penalties every time the opponent is on the attack.

Titanic
30-05-15, 05:10 PM
Look, when the opposition coach can adjust their structure at halftime to shut down our only attacking weapon it says a lot about what our brains trust offers. We never come from behind, we can't win a tight game and we can't defend a lead … that says something.

I am happy to see the year out but that doesn't mean that I'll accept such an inept performance … saying we were great in the first half is fair enough but it just shows that we have a team of players who have the attention span of a gnat.

Show and Go
30-05-15, 05:16 PM
It seems like at home games the refs decide to make terrible calls against us. Absolute muppets. As for our players. Damn Kevin Gordon is rubbish. Get a haircut and a real job ffs. Sezer likes to run it at the wrong time at key moments in the game or when he has a clear overlap outside him. Hurry up and piss off to Canberra ya goon.

TitanSam
30-05-15, 05:38 PM
I thought Sezer was decent for us. Tried extremely hard, i think it's unfair to tar aiden sezer with the same brush as you did Kevin Gordon, who practically gifted the Bunnies a try. James seriously needs to sort his game out, such a talent yet his stupid penalties really hurt us in the end

lonegull
30-05-15, 05:40 PM
What was the crowd figure today

teke
30-05-15, 05:53 PM
Henry's win ratio quite low now, 33% and dropping

#sack....

Mexican titan
30-05-15, 06:07 PM
What was the crowd figure today

15,500 and something.

I must say I am a bit surprised by the comments on here that I have just read on getting home from the game. Thought they are a bit harsh in general.
I thought two things cost us:

* dumb handling errors - these cannot be excused and mostly happened early in the tackle count. We had 38% possession in the first half including a 2-6 penalty count.
* I thought the reffing was poor. Nothing new in that but it seemed to me that they were thinking Souths are the premiers and that they watched the Titans far more than them.

I continue to see this year as a rebuilding year and I am not expecting much other than improvement which I think we are getting. There is plenty there to work with if we can get DCE and one or two others.
Oh and I forgot Burr's error - dislodged or not that was a loose carry. I fail to get excited by him.

JunctionBlock
30-05-15, 06:23 PM
I had an absolute ball tonight. The crowd around me was having a great time. Yep, some bad errors, some terrible calls, but I thought it was a great game from where I sat. Sorry to read some of this stuff. We were in that game the whole way thru. Shook everyone of the players hands after the game and congratulated them.

JunctionBlock
30-05-15, 06:48 PM
And we got robbed on the obvious obstruction call.

Bayside Titan
30-05-15, 06:54 PM
U
15,500 and something.

I must say I am a bit surprised by the comments on here that I have just read on getting home from the game. Thought they are a bit harsh in general.
I thought two things cost us:

* dumb handling errors - these cannot be excused and mostly happened early in the tackle count. We had 38% possession in the first half including a 2-6 penalty count.
* I thought the reffing was poor. Nothing new in that but it seemed to me that they were thinking Souths are the premiers and that they watched the Titans far more than them.

I continue to see this year as a rebuilding year and I am not expecting much other than improvement which I think we are getting. There is plenty there to work with if we can get DCE and one or two others.
Oh and I forgot Burr's error - dislodged or not that was a loose carry. I fail to get excited by him.

Exactly my thoughts about the game. We hung tough and kept up with Souths. 2014 Titans would have folded. Yes we made errors but I still like what I saw.

teke
30-05-15, 07:16 PM
And we got robbed on the obvious obstruction call.i agreed with refs

Mexican titan
30-05-15, 07:22 PM
i agreed with refs

Actually so did I....on that one only. Mind you the ref on field said no try. Yet another benefit of the doubt that we were on the wrong side of today. We were picked up for the usual leg pulls etc but when Taylor tried to get a quick play the ball about 5 to go his leg was pulled as he was getting to his feet, nothing.
The refs performance was indicated early when the wrong player was reported for the leg stretch/pull on Inglis. We caused a fair bit of our own downfall but I am convinced that we didn't get a fair shake today.

JunctionBlock
30-05-15, 07:47 PM
i agreed with refs

You're right, what we should have seen happen is that Burr should have run into Keary's back and flung his hands in the air and dropped to the ground and dropped his bottom lip and scream at the ref, then it would have been a shepard.

TITAN PETE
30-05-15, 08:06 PM
I just watched a replay of the match as my son played at the same time & after reading some of the comments I think I may have watched a different game to some ,
Gordon had a very good 1st half & made one mistake in the 2nd half & he'll make way for Mead when he comes back
Ryan James gave up 2 penalties & one of them was very debatable, he drops the ball from a great tackle & he's getting bagged...he made 38 very solid tackles
White is not an NRL player any longer & needs to go
Taylor is only slightly higher than White for me , a very overrated heavyweight
Ridge & Burr were average & as good as Roberts was he made more mistakes than anyone else.

When you finish a game & have 41% of the ball it's more than likely you have been beaten & usually by plenty not to mention we completed 21 sets of 34 the score should've been a 40+ point loss...

Titanic Believer
30-05-15, 08:47 PM
I just returned from 3 hours of fishing. That's what it takes to lower the stress and frustration levels from this team. The frustration comes from knowing that this team has what it takes to get into the finals, but this team also has what it takes to shoot it self in the foot. Another lost opportunity.... isn't holding the ball a prerequisite for the job of an NRL footballer? No DCE is going to improve something so basic...

Titanic
30-05-15, 09:09 PM
Sure Pete, it's right to blame the low possession/completion ratios but the causes of them are the actual issues and when it's the same players year in year out then …. ah, stuff it, I couldn't be bothered going down that track again.

Boonarga
30-05-15, 09:48 PM
I just watched a replay of the match as my son played at the same time & after reading some of the comments I think I may have watched a different game to some ,
Gordon had a very good 1st half & made one mistake in the 2nd half & he'll make way for Mead when he comes back

He dropped the ball cold 20 metres out from our own line.
He put in a kick that went all of 3 metres and straight to an opposition player.

Zillman-like qualities.

Mexican titan
30-05-15, 10:03 PM
He put in a kick that went all of 3 metres and straight to an opposition player.

Zillman-like qualities.

Not only dropped it cold, Souths scored three plays later to essentially put us out of the game. Too much lair and not enough footballer in Kevvy I'm afraid. Certainly should try and get some refund on his $300k if he can be cut and pick up a deal elsewhere.

teke
30-05-15, 11:33 PM

Zillman-like qualities.He wouldnt be the only player to drop the ball cold today.

You got the 2 James doing 3 times the errors that Zillman does week in week out, lucky the boys can play

gotitans101_
31-05-15, 12:59 AM
Why is it so hard for this team to hold onto the ball?

Titanic
31-05-15, 10:36 AM
Or be the most penalised player in the League … (1) get a haircut so you don't stand out, (2) change your style and (3) aggression doesn't mean stupidity, if you're going to go high then knock the bastards out don't just tap them and give a penalty (there, I've said it).

Also, have I been watching different games? Has Don been playing left and Roberts right until yesterday … what's this Titans lethal right side stuff Roberts/Don all over the media?

teke
31-05-15, 11:39 AM
Or be the most penalised player in the League … (1) get a haircut so you don't stand out, (2) change your style and (3) aggression doesn't mean stupidity, if you're going to go high then knock the bastards out don't just tap them and give a penalty (there, I've said it).

Also, have I been watching different games? Has Don been playing left and Roberts right until yesterday … what's this Titans lethal right side stuff Roberts/Don all over the media?Just on that haircut business, hasn't Ryan James publicly come out and stated a few times he would cut his hair for Cancer? Shame on him for not doing !

C-Whiz
31-05-15, 11:57 AM
There were some glaringly obvious rookie mistakes from some seasoned players, but on the back of their otherwise solid performances I can forgive Gordon and Ryan James. I'm not convinced Burr was unlucky or lazy, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but clearly the Titans didn't get the same offer from the refs and video refs. We were robbed by them.

We lost the game with possession (mainly through dumb penalties) and completion rates. No one to blame but themselves.
Plenty of effort, but not enough control.

DIEHARD
31-05-15, 04:33 PM
Hey Titans fans. Im feeling a lot better and nearly back to 100% but I did get to watch the game. And it was a frustrating affair but it really is mindboggling when you look at the possession/completions and then the score line.

Burr's dropped ball was a heartbreaker, I was celebrating but the look of him told me he didn't score.

Next week's game is a must win. Too much dropped ball, turn over and ill discipline. But we need to be a lot smarter too.

DIEHARD
31-05-15, 05:19 PM
Good crowd of 15,583, thanks Souths fans!

Hail Sezer
31-05-15, 05:22 PM
After this game:

Roberts & Don 2nd equal on top try scorer count for NRL with 10 each
Sezer 5th for points scored, 5th for try assists, 4th for LB assists
Don is also 1st equal for line breaks, with 11

ozynorts
31-05-15, 05:38 PM
After this game:

Roberts & Don 2nd equal on top try scorer count for NRL with 10 each
Sezer 5th for points scored, 5th for try assists, 4th for LB assists
Don is also 1st equal for line breaks, with 11

Crazy that with those individual stat's we are in the race to the spoon again.
This team is so frustrating to watch at times. They produce some fantastic attacking flair, show real heart at times in defence and then they take a time out and teams put them to the sword. If they can get consistent effort they will win more games but geez Henry must be losing hair every game at the moment.

DIEHARD
31-05-15, 06:01 PM
Titans v Rabbitohs: Five key points

Inglis example a lesson to all

Greg Inglis had plenty of excuses at his disposal in the wake of Origin I on Wednesday night.

He could have returned to the Rabbitohs and said that the bout of tonsilitis he suffered had taken too much of a toll to play a second game in four days

After copping a knock so heavy in the 56th minute that the South Sydney doctor refused to allow him to return to the field, Inglis would have been excused for sending a senior teammate to the post-match press conference in his place.

But not only did he front up to perform his duties as captain on and off the field, he did so in a manner that is an example the young members of the Rabbitohs squad would do well to follow.

"That's something that Greg's really shown and grown as a player," said Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire. "He's had a lot of experience of being able to come back to club land but yesterday at training he put aside what he was doing on Wednesday night and focused on his team and his teammates here.

"He had a good time at training yesterday and I thought he showed a lot of energy in that first half and set up a lot of our play. We need to have a look at our attack but he was in a lot of that while he was out there."

Titans right side a try-scoring bonanza

They have scored exactly half of their team's total number of tries for 2015 and it is clear that the right-side combination of James Roberts and Anthony Don has become the Titans' greatest attacking threat. With his side bereft of any decent ball in the first half Roberts conjured two tries simply by receiving the ball from Aidan Sezer with time and space to attack the Rabbitohs defence, laying on the opening try for Don and then scoring himself late in the first half. The pair are locked together on 10 tries apiece through 12 rounds with Don's career strike-rate now sitting at an impressive 26 tries from 38 games.

"He has got that in-and-away and the pass and we need him to be in the game," Titans coach Neil Henry said of Roberts. "We probably didn't do justice with our ball control to give him a few more opportunities but he's part of our team and is working on his game as well."

Mortimer's home is at hooker

Daniel Mortimer came to the Titans this time 12 months ago determined to establish himself as an NRL half but if anything his performance against South Sydney showed his greatest value to a team is playing a role at hooker.

During his time out with a wrist injury, Mortimer added two kilograms to his frame in recognition of his impending move back into the middle of the field and continually put his body on the line against the much bigger Bunnies bodies on Saturday.

He made 23 tackles in his first 25-minute stint, finished with 34 for the game and with his ball-playing skills is able to create some nice options for his runners at dummy-half. His kicking game, while one-dimensional, is well suited to kicks from dummy-half and his support play through the middle of the field is a real asset. If he can accept his days as a halfback are over, Mortimer can become a highly valued option at No.9.

Souths attack lacking obvious direction

Rarely has a South Sydney team of recent seasons enjoyed such a great advantage in possession and been unable to blow a team off the park and captain Greg Inglis acknowledges that the team's attack is an area of concern.

The Rabbitohs had been tackled inside the Titans' 20-metre line 27 times before coming up with points in the 23rd minute and the man who finally broke through said it is a matter of transferring their work at training onto the field.

"That's something that we've been working on for the last few weeks," Inglis said of an attack struggling without the influence of injured half Adam Reynolds. "We know it's there, it's just getting it right on the day. Our training's been excellent, everything's been superb, but you can train all you want until you get to a game scenario. We spoke a lot over the past few weeks about what we can fix up and we're definitely improving on it."

Deputy Johnston learning what it takes

He was on hand to take a beautifully-timed pass from Nathan Brown to score the 30th try of his 30-game NRL career to date but it was the advice of Greg Inglis that allowed Alex Johnston to come up with his most vital contribution to his team's 22-16 win.

Thrust back into the fullback role when Inglis left the field concussed in the 56th minute, Johnston crossed four minutes later and then came up with the try-saving tackle as Lachlan Burr looked to crash over for the Titans in the dying stages.

"Just never give up on any play and assume nothing that's going to happen," said Inglis of the advice he has passed on to Johnston. "He's a great kid and I'm lucky enough that he's at our club and re-signed. With Alex, he's still learning and full credit to him, he's going out there and doing his job the best he can."

Supergoose
31-05-15, 08:06 PM
It's simple really, if we hold onto the ball, we give ourselves a chance of beating anyone. Burr could've put that ball down with two hands before the cover got to him. I thought Kev was okay until he dropped that ball. White and Tighe were bad selections. Hope they are consigned to the scrap heap sooner rather than later. Was Crampton unavailable? What about Passi and Ioane? Stupid penalties aside we are getting good contributions from our young forwards, but the drop ball (and lack of referee calls for strips) was the deciding factor in this one. If we dropped half as much ball we win by plenty.

TitanSam
31-05-15, 08:43 PM
I'm getting so pissed off with White get continually selected, when we have such good front rowers in Paasi, Ioane and Hala (who I'm desperate to see) waiting in the wings, and they all dent the line especially Hala. We need a good big impact prop straight off the bench breaking the line, and White is so not it.