View Full Version : Round 10: TITANS vs SHARKS

DIEHARD
09-05-15, 07:56 PM
TITANS vs SHARKS
Saturday 16 May 2015 5:30pm

http://d35kvm5iuwjt9t.cloudfront.net/dbimages/sfx136579.jpg

DIEHARD
09-05-15, 08:00 PM
CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT1015)

Geeman
10-05-15, 08:43 PM
Hopefully the boys can sort themselves out and regroup for this one. It is usually a grind against the Sharks, but one I think we can win if everyone turns up.

TitansFan92
10-05-15, 08:50 PM
I will be trying to get to this one. Who else will be going?

Mexican titan
10-05-15, 09:05 PM

Me

Bayside Titan
10-05-15, 09:29 PM

I will be if the Game is here on the GC and not at Browne Park in Rocky.

TitansFan92
10-05-15, 09:36 PM

hahaha will definitely be on the GC mate.

Titanic
11-05-15, 01:36 AM
Will be back in China and taking up my usual position on the couch … bugger these US midnight time slots.

ozynorts
11-05-15, 07:40 AM

hahaha will definitely be on the GC mate.

I might have gone to Rocky, not that far from me.

Mr Stupid
11-05-15, 08:54 AM

No such luck...a 12 hour dance eisteddfod in Grafton with my daughter. Shoot me now!

TITAN PETE
11-05-15, 12:12 PM
Will depend what day the Gold Coast Junior Match of the year is being played on :fist: , hopefully Friday night so I can be there for some Shark Bashing

JunctionBlock
11-05-15, 12:22 PM
I've got a wedding to go too. Damn it people check the draw before setting dates. I'll make sure my seats are filled though.

Smakked
11-05-15, 01:10 PM
I will be at this one, home all alone this weekend so nothing else to do

Titanic
11-05-15, 04:05 PM
I will be at this one, home all alone this weekend so nothing else to do
bbq-ing?

timor 2
12-05-15, 05:16 PM
Titans
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Anthony Don
3 James Roberts
4 William Zillman
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Kane Elgey
8 Luke Douglas
9 Kierran Moseley
10 Nate Myles (c)
11 Ryan James
12 Dave Taylor
13 Lachlan Burr

Interchange
14 Matt White
15 Eddy Pettybourne
16 Mark Ioane
17 Daniel Mortimer

Coach: Neil Henry

K2G
12-05-15, 06:40 PM
From the GC Bulletin (http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/gold-coast-titans-name-unchanged-team-for-clash-against-cronulla-sharks/story-fnj9yd9w-1227352154268)

GOLD Coast Titans coach Neil Henry has chosen to keep the faith by naming an unchanged team for this Saturday’s home game against the Cronulla Sharks.

The same 17 players that were belted 56-16 by the Canberra Raiders last week will take to the field at Cbus Super Stadium for the Round 10 match.

Henry said he was tempted to make changes following the disappointing loss but was confident the players could bounce back.

“I was a little bit (tempted) but I thought we would show faith in the 17 guys that went down there (Canberra) and see if they can redeem themselves this week,” Henry said.

~

Is it bad that I almost wouldn't mind losing this game just to see these changes!

Crampton for Zillman please.

5 Year Contract
12-05-15, 06:48 PM
From the GC Bulletin (http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/gold-coast-titans-name-unchanged-team-for-clash-against-cronulla-sharks/story-fnj9yd9w-1227352154268)

GOLD Coast Titans coach Neil Henry has chosen to keep the faith by naming an unchanged team for this Saturday’s home game against the Cronulla Sharks.

The same 17 players that were belted 56-16 by the Canberra Raiders last week will take to the field at Cbus Super Stadium for the Round 10 match.

Henry said he was tempted to make changes following the disappointing loss but was confident the players could bounce back.

“I was a little bit (tempted) but I thought we would show faith in the 17 guys that went down there (Canberra) and see if they can redeem themselves this week,” Henry said.

~

Is it bad that I almost wouldn't mind losing this game just to see these changes!

Crampton for Zillman please.

Am I the only one who still audibly goes "oh **** off Zillman" every week I see him named. its becoming a reflex now

Davis13
12-05-15, 06:57 PM
The bottom line is he will Never get dropped. It's about time everyone excepted that.

Hail Sezer
12-05-15, 09:31 PM
Roberts v Ayshford

I know where my first try scorer bet is going

teke
12-05-15, 09:34 PM
Roberts v Ayshford

I know where my first try scorer bet is goingSurely a sharks player!?

Hail Sezer
12-05-15, 09:42 PM
Surely a sharks player!?

Jeff Robson to have another blinder

GCTTSD
12-05-15, 10:52 PM
The worst thing is if myles leaves zilly will most likely be captain unless they give it to DCE

DavidBouveng
13-05-15, 07:26 PM
has to be DCe, otherwise douglas. cant be the horse whisperer

Titanic
13-05-15, 10:44 PM
Shouldn't that read 'horse botherer' :) oh Timba, oh Timba, ooooooh Timbaaaaaaa

gotitans101_
13-05-15, 10:52 PM

oh you better believe it. He is like our version of Kurt Gidley, only Gidley was actually decent at one point in time.

5 Year Contract
14-05-15, 08:13 AM
All we can hope for is for a minor injury like Mortimer (I dont wish anything bad on the bloke) and have Crampton come in and show us what the hype is about.

karnage
14-05-15, 09:11 AM
This is an absolute must win game for us. The three game winning streak is relegated to distant memory if we drop a home game v an under strength also-ran like the Sharks.

Mr Stupid
14-05-15, 02:02 PM
All we can hope for is for a minor injury like Mortimer (I dont wish anything bad on the bloke) and have Crampton come in and show us what the hype is about.

Saddle sores?

DavidBouveng
14-05-15, 10:51 PM
we can be last after this game. thats a scary thought.

teke
14-05-15, 11:44 PM
we can be last after this game. thats a scary thought.but a natural one

Bayside Titan
15-05-15, 09:44 AM
@balym_CMail: Davin Crampton & Brad Tighe training with Titans today. Zillman & Don carrying niggles & in some doubt.

Yankee Doodle Titan
15-05-15, 09:55 AM
I hope Tighe gets a go, and I hope he does well. As for Crampton, I want to see what everyone (who's in the know) is so excited about. I'm not saying that the pro-Crampton crowd is wrong, but I'll feel better when I've seen it demonstrated on the field in first grade.

Titan4Life
15-05-15, 11:41 AM
@balym_CMail: Davin Crampton & Brad Tighe training with Titans today. Zillman & Don carrying niggles & in some doubt.

Would love to see Crampton given a go. After being 18th man last week you'd expect Davin to be higher than Tighe in the pecking order.

Bayside Titan
15-05-15, 11:54 AM
Agree. Love to Crampton given a go and this would allow Hoffman a full game at fullback.

Hail Sezer
15-05-15, 11:58 AM
I hope Tighe gets a go, and I hope he does well. As for Crampton, I want to see what everyone (who's in the know) is so excited about. I'm not saying that the pro-Crampton crowd is wrong, but I'll feel better when I've seen it demonstrated on the field in first grade.

He's done a lot more than Tighe has ever done in Cup..i'd back Davin to perform at NRL

charged2go
15-05-15, 04:00 PM
Davin Crampton is playing with seagulls this weekend. Just saw him waiting outside his apartment in tweed training kit.

Yankee Doodle Titan
15-05-15, 04:16 PM
Davin Crampton is playing with seagulls this weekend. Just saw him waiting outside his apartment in tweed training kit.

Hmm, here's a fun conspiracy theory: Maybe Crampton keeps getting held back from the starting side BECAUSE he's so good, and the Titans don't want another Elgey situation where they have to pay big bucks to re-sign rookie talent. In other words, keep the hype low and don't give the player managers ammunition to exorbitantly inflate his contract value.

Titan4Life
15-05-15, 05:14 PM
@TomSangsterSC: Will Zillman (hip) and Anthony Don (hammy) had fitness tests today and have been cleared for @GCTitans.

5 Year Contract
15-05-15, 05:45 PM
@TomSangsterSC: Will Zillman (hip) and Anthony Don (hammy) had fitness tests today and have been cleared for @GCTitans.
Zillman: GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!
Don: Good News

Titanic
15-05-15, 10:12 PM
I haven't read anything on here that Crampton is next big thing but I've read plenty about giving him a shot at what is our weakest position.

Yankee Doodle Titan
15-05-15, 10:22 PM
I haven't read anything on here that Crampton is next big thing but I've read plenty about giving him a shot at what is our weakest position.

Sorry if I came across as negative on the guy. I'm genuinely curious to see how he handles the big leagues. Elgey is certainly living up to the hype, and I hope Crampton does, too.

Great news about Don, though! I hope he gets another hat trick against the Sharks!

Titanic
16-05-15, 12:41 AM
No apologies necessary YDT both just observations :)

teke
16-05-15, 12:47 AM
I haven't read anything on here that Crampton is next big thing but I've read plenty about giving him a shot at what is our weakest position.Im not so sure left centre is this teams weakest link.

It's becoming evident that Titans need forward power asap

C-Whiz
16-05-15, 09:33 AM
I'll be there after work, have a shed visit after the game so my boy is pretty excited. Just another perk of being a member, we won a draw to go in after the game.
Anyway, looking forward to some controlled aggression from Ryan James who is probably my favourite Titan right now and any semblance of control from Dave Taylor.
Must win game if we are to move forward with the season. I am hoping for plenty of points from us if we play smart and we don't get dragged into a frustrated sh1tfight like we did last week.

TitansFan92
16-05-15, 09:54 AM
Unfortunately I am still in Sydney so won't be making this game. Probably won't be able to make another home game till July unfortunately. Next home game I can make I will even meet with anyone who wants to have a drink before the game my shout hahaha.

Hail Sezer
16-05-15, 04:34 PM
Ridge in, Ioane out

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 05:31 PM
Great, got home just in time. Let's do this Titans. MUST WIN GAME.

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 05:35 PM
Battle of the clubs lacking major sponsors?

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 05:39 PM
Oh good work Taylor. Killing a try in cold blood because he got greedy. Pass the f-ing ball!

rj62
16-05-15, 05:55 PM
Ryan James stop giving away f*****g penalties!

Hail Sezer
16-05-15, 05:59 PM
We're not playing particularly smart

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 06:03 PM
On ya James. Great to see the Titans flags go up. Finally on the board.

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 06:11 PM
Please dont deny me this 95m Mead effort...

gotitans101_
16-05-15, 06:18 PM
it's not that we've played well, it's just that the Sharks have been awful.

TitansFan92
16-05-15, 06:25 PM
It was an ok first half. Hope for a better second half and we smash the sharks.

Toads
16-05-15, 06:29 PM
.. and how much was Myles asking for again?

I hope Manly will be happy with their investment.

gotitans101_
16-05-15, 06:37 PM
sounds like more Sharks fans in the crowd than Titans.

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 06:38 PM
Looks like a poor crowd. Titans are lucky we are playing the Sharks. But we could let this get away from us.

Hopefully we come home with a wet sail.

gotitans101_
16-05-15, 06:43 PM
Mead gone. :(

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 06:47 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Look who's more popular on the Gold Coast ⚫⚪🔵 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRLTitansSharks?src=hash">#NRLTitansSharks</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WeAreSharks?src=hash">#WeAreSharks</a> <a href="http://t.co/X0crzvgWZf">pic.twitter.com/X0crzvgWZf</a></p>&mdash; Cronulla Sharks FC (@Cronulla_Sharks) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cronulla_Sharks/status/599458450687406080">May 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" ch****t="utf-8"></script>

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 06:49 PM
Mead, hamstring.

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 06:50 PM
We could be in trouble here. 6 point buffer not enough.

Slick fend from Burr! Great effort.

teke
16-05-15, 06:50 PM
Sezer needs to go right wing

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 06:51 PM
Yea take the 2. 8 point margin would be good.

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 06:51 PM
Titans down to to 16 for the remainder. David Mead injured hamstring.

Hail Sezer
16-05-15, 06:54 PM
We had for 50 minutes, James Roberts against Blake ayshford. Sezer did not pass him the ball once. Wow.

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 06:59 PM
Out on the full... God hope this isn't the turning point. 20mins to go. 2 points in it.

teke
16-05-15, 07:03 PM
Hahaha this game, shockers all over the shop

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 07:03 PM
We got out of jail. But can we tighten up and hold on?

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 07:04 PM
Hahaha this game, shockers all over the shop

It's a chore for sure.

rj62
16-05-15, 07:11 PM
Haven't heard LG's name much...?

Hail Sezer
16-05-15, 07:14 PM
It's always nice when your five eighth can clear the ball properly

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 07:14 PM
Sharks are in.... 20-18 kick to come. 8mins left.

rj62
16-05-15, 07:15 PM
And we've switched off......

mdrew
16-05-15, 07:16 PM
No one to blame but ourselves

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 07:17 PM
Don redeems himself from an earlier error. 22 all kick to come.

Hopefully Sezer's boot holds true.

rj62
16-05-15, 07:18 PM
Don is good!

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 07:29 PM
Easy as that for the Sharks.... 23-22 to the Sharks...

teke
16-05-15, 07:29 PM
Lovely sand wedge kick down field by Sezer

mdrew
16-05-15, 07:30 PM
Seriously unbelievable

Toads
16-05-15, 07:31 PM
Oh lordy..

gotitans101_
16-05-15, 07:32 PM
we really need some better forwards, they went nowhere in that first set of extra time. I hope this is something the club is looking at.

Titan4Life
16-05-15, 07:35 PM
Absolutely heartbreaking....hate blaming a loss on one player but what the hell was Sezer doing?!? Set after set defending on our line and when we hold on, he twice kicks it too late/low and the Sharks charge the ball down. Having to do that much defending is bad enough let alone when we have 1 reserve with Mead, Zillman and Myles all injured.

Positives were Elgey, whose kicking game was outstanding and his pass at the end there was great, and Burr had a fairly good game as well. Good strong hit ups and hit solid in defence. Taylor also had an improved game and actually ran the ball hard this game.

Thought Roberts was really quiet. Can't seem to find a big enough gap in the last couple of weeks and got shut down a lot tonight. Sezer also had a crappy game for reasons previously mentioned.

TitansFan92
16-05-15, 07:35 PM
We deserved to lose that game. Second half was pathetic. So many errors it was bull****. I don't care that we were down to 16 men. Sezer needs to leave now and take Myles with him.

Hail Sezer
16-05-15, 07:43 PM
We didn't deserve to win that one, in all honesty.

Aidan Sezer needs take a step back and let Elgey control that left. Yes, he may take some of his shine, but he provides better running, passing and kicking options than Sezer showed at any stage tonight. A shocker from our #6 and his last kick in golden point pretty much summed it up.

Burr was great with 42 tackles and 155m. James our next best forward and pretty solid once again.

Always going to be hard to win losing 3 of your most experienced players but when someone needed to take control, it just didn't happen. We went back to our old attacking structures. Weak tries either way but can't take much positive out of that performance.

Mr Stupid
16-05-15, 07:56 PM
I ****in hate you Titans. No I'm sorry I love you. I despise you... No I take it back, I love you. Oh god!!!!

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 08:01 PM
Titans go down in Golden Point
http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/05/16/titans_go_down_in_go.html

A Valentine Holmes field-goal in the third minute of Golden Point extra time has handed the Gold Coast Titans a heartbreaking 23-22 loss to the Cronulla Sharks at Cbus Super Stadium.

After leading for a majority of the match the Titans lost David Mead, William Zillman and Nate Myles to injury and found themselves training 22-18 going into the final eight minutes but they managed to dig deep and score a late try through Anthony to force the match into extra time.

But it was the away-side who scored the fairy-tale finish after a strong first defensive set forced the Titans to kick from deep inside their half and gift the Sharks prime attacking position. Lead by the experienced Michael Ennis, the Sharks set-up for the field-goal and got an early ball away to Holmes who calmly slotted the kick to give his side the 23-22 victory.

After an arm-wrestle opening 25 minutes, it was the Titans who opened the scoring after Kierran Moseley got a deft ball away to Ryan James to barge across the line and with Aidan Sezer adding the extras the Titans took a 6-0 lead.

The Titans extended their lead in the 32nd minute when some strong online defence forced a Sharks pass to go astray and end up in the hands of David Mead who raced 90 metres down field to score untouched. Sezer converted from the sideline to give the Titans a 12-0 lead.

The Titans were gifted a penalty in front of the posts and opted to take the two points to extend their lead out to 14-0 going into final minutes of the half.

But the Sharks capitalised on the back of a Titans error deep inside their own half to post their first points through winger Valentine Holmes to reduce the Titans half-time lead to 14-4.

The Titans started the second-half strongly forcing back-to-back repeat sets and when gifted another penalty in front of the posts and they opted to take the goal to extend the lead out to 16-4 after 45minutes.

It wasn’t all good news for the Titans with Mead coming from the field with a hamstring injury forcing a backline reshuffle with James Roberts going to right wing and David Taylor filling in at right centre.

The Sharks took advantage of their own successive penalties in the 50th minute when Michael Ennis held-up a pass to a barnstorming Luke Lewis to cross next to the posts to give Michael Gordon an easy conversion to reel the score-line back to 16-10 in favour of the Titans.

Ill-discipline by the Sharks continued to gift the Titans easy points with another penalty in-front of the posts after a Lachlan Burr bust gave Sezer a further two points and the Titans a 18-10 lead with 25minutes remaining.

The Sharks responded in the 60th minute after Anthony Don dropped a Jack Bird bomb which bounced up perfectly for Holmes to grab his second try of the night before Gordon added the extras to reduce the Titans lead back to 18-16.

The Titans resulting kick-off went out on the full gifting the Sharks prime attacking position and they looked to have taken advantage when Josh Hoffman fumbled a grubber kick before Blake Ayshford cleaned it up but the video referee ruled he knocked it on in the process of grounding it.

The Titans lost William Zillman from the field with a knee injury forcing a further backline shuffle with Daniel Mortimer slotting in at left centre. Things got worse for the Titans with Myles being forced forced from the field with a possible concussion.

The Sharks took advantage of the injury-ravaged Titans with Michael Ennis throwing an inside pass to Bird to scoot through some staggered Titans defence to score next to the posts to give Gordon an easy conversion and the Sharks a 22-18 lead with six minutes remaining.

Some heavy defence by the Titans forced a Sharks error and the Titans capitalised with Kane Elgey throwing a brilliant cut-out pass to put Don over in the corer to tie the scores up at 22-all. Sezer’s conversion attempt sailed wide leaving the scored locked up going into the final four minutes.

Both sides had one last crack to break the deadlock but were unable to score the advantage and the game headed into Golden Point extra time.

The Sharks started the first period of extra-time strongly and forced the Titans to kick from deep inside their own half giving them first opportunity at the field-goal and they took full advantage when Holmes slotted the kick from in front to give the visitors the 23-22 win.

The Titans have the bye next week before taking on the South Sydney Rabbitohs in a fortnight at Cbus Super Stadium.

Cronulla Sharks 23 (V Holmes 2, L Lewis, J Bird tries; M Gordon 3 goals; V Holmes field-goal) defeated Gold Coast Titans 22(R James, D Mead, A Don tries; A Sezer 5 goals)

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 08:17 PM
Titans v Sharks: Five things we learned from Gold Coast’s late loss
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

FROM Valentine Holmes’s talent to Kane Elgey’s vision, here’s what we took from the Titans’ heartbreaking loss to the Sharks.

1. VALENTINE Holmes is an exceptional talent. He might have some errors in his game — which young gun doesn’t — but his finishing is superb. The Sharks winger scored two tries with brilliance and being in the right spot.

He then sealed the game with a match-winning field goal under intense pressure. He will develop into a fine player and another emerging talent for Mal Meninga’s Queensland Maroons.

2. KANE Elgey is clutch. The vision to throw the cut out pass for Anthony Don to level scores at the death was exceptional. The rookie Titans half-back might have had a quieter night by his standards, but to come up with that play at the right time was a sign he is a real talent for the future.

3. ANDREW Fifita must surely be recalled for NSW in Origin I. Is there a harder man to bring down in the NRL? His runs set the platform time and again for Cronulla and by full-time he had led the way with 18 runs for 130m, seven tackle breaks and 37 tackles.

4. THERE is a lot to like about Titans lock Lachlan Burr. Recruited from Canterbury where he couldn’t get a start in their monster pack, Burr could be the find of the Titans season with his work rate and hard-running. Doing a fine job filling Greg Bird’s jersey at the moment.

5. TITANS still can’t draw the support they probably deserve. Cronulla have one of the smaller supporter bases in the comp, but when the crowd of 10,466 can be heard chanting in protest at a call against the visiting team you know the attendance is not entirely behind the home team.

Hail Sezer
16-05-15, 08:25 PM
That LG trademark..

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eK0rmLxxzaa/embed/simple" width="300" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

DavidBouveng
16-05-15, 08:41 PM
so sweet from LG.

short and sweet tonight. Burr looked his best yet. we need to lock him down before we have a Lg situation. not saying he is going to be the subject of a bidding war, but some clever club will see his value before he even fully shows it.

the captain and the leader of the backs both had poor games and would have best served us moving to their new suitors already.

we got alot of the good calls in first 50 mins and should have iced that game long before it even got close, but whenever we got up their end we got a penalty and took the two. we never actually had a crack until we were behind.

another close one and i hope henry and co are taking notes on who stands up when it gets tight.

all losses this year came without Bird..i was partial to him leaving but maybe i was wrong there. could be a co incidence, but no one can doubt he shows passion and spirit that the Captain does not

teke
16-05-15, 09:03 PM
Myles was far from poor, Sezer just can't lead a team like others can

gotitans101_
16-05-15, 09:11 PM
finding it really hard to support this club right now. Not even joking...we looked better for a few games there but now it seems like we're back to square one.

I am all for looking for positives in games but it's getting to the point where even that is getting really old. It's no wonder our crowds are dead. We just lost to a rubbish team being the Sharks.

sorry, just feeling a bit down after that loss...and getting impatient with the so called 'rebuilding phase' of this club.

teke
16-05-15, 09:12 PM
finding it really hard to support this club right now. Not even joking...we looked better for a few games there but now it seems like we're back to square one.The position the Titans are in now is why they chased Dce so hard. The gamble will pay off in the future

mdrew
16-05-15, 09:14 PM
The position the Titans are in now is why they chased Dce so hard. The gamble will pay off in the future

Agree absolutely, we really had no choice otherwise we would just have faded away into obserurity

gotitans101_
16-05-15, 09:19 PM
love the optimism re DCE but I have my doubts. Too many ineffective forwards to make us any good yardage for our halves to begin with. We were lucky we had so many piggyback penalties and Sharks errors to help us get down their end. White needs to go, and I'm not sure what everyone sees in Ben Ridge - ineffective, again.

downvote me for or whatever for picking on individual performances but I believe our forwards are the biggest problem in this team right now.

DavidBouveng
16-05-15, 09:28 PM
Myles was far from poor, Sezer just can't lead a team like others can

myles errors were costly. and his constant efforts trying to one-up fafita instead distracted him.

- - - Updated - - -

love the optimism re DCE but I have my doubts. Too many ineffective forwards to make us any good yardage for our halves to begin with. We were lucky we had so many piggyback penalties and Sharks errors to help us get down their end. White needs to go, and I'm not sure what everyone sees in Ben Ridge - ineffective, again.

downvote me for or whatever for picking on individual performances but I believe our forwards are the biggest problem in this team right now.

i totally agree. i dont dislike White or Ridge, they just aren't very NRL relevant. in a game where the fifita bros, ennis, luke lewis and wade graham are all aggressively smashing into you, you cant leave it all to Ryan James and even Nate Myles to stand up.

i would be suprised if either got a new contract when that time comes.

rj62
16-05-15, 09:30 PM
At 16-4 up no one was bleating.
Yeah we lost, crappy at any time via golden point, but given the bench was down to 1 we still competed. Granted the 2nd half wasn't the best but we still competed and we didn't stop.
Years gone by we didn't do that.
You can't overlook the fact we have raw talent in there that will take time to gain experience like some of their opposition.
I'm disappointed we snatched defeat there......but I'm still in a better place and feel better about things than 12 months ago

Nick
16-05-15, 09:36 PM
Burr was very poor in defense IMO, got dominated in contact continually but credit to him he kept going at it. Sezers game was poor. Was good to see Meady open up in full flight again, although perhaps a niggle is what has held him back in previous weeks and it tore tonight. Would love to see Roberts in a fullback type role that zillman plays to allow him to roam the field, Roberts onto one of those LG inside balls would be the goods. Duplicate James and his attitude in all facets of play an we would have a decent pack.

That was a terrible game to watch.

gotitans101_
16-05-15, 09:36 PM

That's not true. I said from the beginning it was a bludger of a game because both teams were rubbish tonight.

DavidBouveng
16-05-15, 09:39 PM
Yeah we lost, crappy at any time via golden point, but given the bench was down to 1 we still competed. Granted the 2nd half wasn't the best but we still competed and we didn't stop.
Years gone by we didn't do that.
You can't overlook the fact we have raw talent in there that will take time to gain experience like some of their opposition.
I'm disappointed we snatched defeat there......but I'm still in a better place and feel better about things than 12 months ago

the raw talent wasnt the main problem, which is the problem.

but i am also in a much better place. i think most people still feel optimistic, but we have taken a step backwards in the last few rounds which is shame, but not totally unexpected

Titanic Believer
16-05-15, 09:40 PM
am I right in saying that in the first game of the season last year Sezer missed a shot at goal that would have won it for us? not saying it's his fault it just seems that whenever the Titans and Sharks play each other they compete to see who can loose it in the ugliest way! not feeling overly down my expectations this. year aren't very high.

Mexican titan
16-05-15, 10:14 PM
Agree with most what has been said. It really just came down to some absolute clanger errors that cost that game. Kick off out on the full, Myles dropping the ball first tackle when we were in a great position, Don dropping a sitter bomb, two kick charge downs. I just cannot get wrapped in Burr the way some others on here do - his stats seemed good but most have overlooked that he dropped the ball which gave them their try just on half time. Instead of going in 14-0, they get confidence by scoring on halftime. That was a crucial error and he has made a few in other games. Yes I know he is young and I am prepared to give him time but I am not going to sugar coat anything.
That first set of six of ours in golden point was just horrible. When quick play the balls and strong running was needed we barely made the 30 before a poor kick was done.
Lets face it we played sh1te and just got pipped which would have been a big loss last year. As DB said it's a shame the last two games have taken the gloss off the improvement but I still believe there is plenty to work with.

Yankee Doodle Titan
16-05-15, 10:27 PM
Can anyone explain to me why we opted to take the two points on two occasions when we had decent chances of getting tries instead. I'm talking about the two penalties (or was it three? I'm drinking to try and forget...) we had in the first and second halves.

Mexican titan
16-05-15, 10:44 PM
Can anyone explain to me why we opted to take the two points on two occasions when we had decent chances of getting tries instead. I'm talking about the two penalties (or was it three? I'm drinking to try and forget...) we had in the first and second halves.

I actually thought that they were the right decisions to take the two points as from memory one put us 12 points clear at the time and the other put us 8 up. Might be wrong but I always think you should take points if the y put you a converted try or better in front. Plus they were easy kicks and a guaranteed two points.
The people I was sitting with certainly would have taken the kicks. (your not the coach of the Under 20's are you? Just joking but they trailed by two points and did not take a penalty goal attempt straight in front with 5 to go. They didn't score and lost by two points).

DavidBouveng
16-05-15, 10:47 PM
3 penalties. im not sure why we went for them. its quite trendy at the moment in league to get ahead and take any shots at goal that come up.

i personally think we should have tried to score, but we did get 6 points from three visits up there, so unless anyone believes would have scored at least twice from those three chances had we tapped it...6 points is ok.

of course it takes us into alternate realities as taking the first tap changes everything thereafter...but that's too deep to go into after a heartbreaker.

K2G
16-05-15, 10:57 PM
* Crushing defeat, but I enjoyed watching. Credit to the lads.
* Sezer. Wow. Bludger of a night.
* Seemed like errors were evenly spread out amongst the team, as opposed to dominated by a few regular offenders.
* I didn't think Ridge was all bad in his first game for what seems like ages. Is he worth persisting with?
* I don't know what to say about our forwards. Impressive in patches, followed by equally disappointing lapses. I thought the whole team tried their yangs out all night, maybe too hard. Effort is there, but our missing key pieces of the puzzle has been particularly evident over the last two weeks. Seeing as some of our new buys have been our best performers, when does Henry take a chance on Hala?
* Speaking of changes I'm guessing we'll see KFFL on the wing and possibly Crampton into the centres for Zillman? Loosing Mead sucked, and really I hope he's right for next week.
* Attacking structure (albeit, not perfect), Set plays, competent use of bench substitutions and seemingly rational injury-necessitated replacements/line-up re-jinks, provide me with just enough confidence in the coaching ranks to get me through another loss, with some hope still in tact.

Another loss hurts this year's top 8 chances - but from a 're-build year' perspective, I'm still positive. Certainly happier with the team and my general watching experience, than what I have been after the back to back losses of years gone by. Blokes like Elgey, Moseley, James, Roberts, Pettybourne and Burr (great realistic comments on him MT. I mostly agree with your sentiments on him) make it easy to imagine a team we can build around and make successful going forward. Smart off-field roster management will be something I'll be most dearly hoping for for the rest of 2015. Key re-signings, intelligent acquisitions and hopefully the moving on of some existing stock over the next sixteen rounds can still make the 2015 season a huge win imo.

rj62
17-05-15, 06:52 AM
That's not true. I said from the beginning it was a bludger of a game because both teams were rubbish tonight.

Ok, well you were the one...

TITAN PETE
17-05-15, 08:00 AM
I will blame the loss on 1 person Sezar , his 2nd half was as bad as I've seen from a major play maker, charge downs & pizz poor 2nd half kicks..
Ryan James will always give away penalties because of his aggression & I wouldn't want him any other way without him be would've been bashed by Fifita as Ryan made it his mission to get in front of the big unit causing him to run away from James & if anyone watches the replay of the Fifita penalty close to the post I beleive Fifita should've been penalized for not getting to his feet to play the ball but that is one of those. 50 50 penalties
Lachlan Burr is looking better every week & he was probably the best on the field in the 2nd half.

Roberts has improved massively with his defense & needs to signed away for the next few years.

Like most I was shocked to see Ridge back already & thought he played well for someone that hasn't started in the NRL for nearly a year & I may be one of the few that is glad to see him back.

Without sounding a bit rough my biggest cheer was when Zillman walked past me injured :banana:

Didn't notice anyone comment on the Sharks being robbed of a fair try ;)

C-Whiz
17-05-15, 08:21 AM
I will blame the loss on 1 person Sezar , his 2nd half was as bad as I've seen from a major play maker, charge downs & pizz poor 2nd half kicks..
Ryan James will always give away penalties because of his aggression & I wouldn't want him any other way without him be would've been bashed by Fifita as Ryan made it his mission to get in front of the big unit causing him to run away from James & if anyone watches the replay of the Fifita penalty close to the post I beleive Fifita should've been penalized for not getting to his feet to play the ball but that is one of those. 50 50 penalties
Lachlan Burr is looking better every week & he was probably the best on the field in the 2nd half.

Roberts has improved massively with his defense & needs to signed away for the next few years.

Exactly what i was about to say! Sezer did a Mortimer last night. Cruelled us savagely. It seemed the entire team was a bit off, but that could just be down to Sezers timing be out.

Ryan James keeps being consistent and honest, and I'll take the odd penalty when he is showing this much fortitude. Lachlan Burr was probably my standout, because I had heard the talk but I was amazed at some of his solid defence and some amazing attacking plays. Coaltrain found some space but forgot how to set up and pass to other players. Meady finally got a run and did his hammy ffs!

I had a shed visit after the game, and when I was sitting in the stand after the game, numb from how badly we played in the second half to give the win to the Sharks, I said to the Mrs I didn't want to go down because I had nothing good to say, but we all went down, and I did have a chat to a few guys which was pretty good, I really enjoyed it.

I spoke with Neil Henry after he had finished interviews, he thanked us for our support. I even spoke with Graham Annesley and thanked him on behalf of all the Titans fans for what he has done for the club. I told him I was one of the letter writers, he had a laugh and said he respected the passion the fans have for the club. He is a smooth talker that guy!

I can also tell you Will Zillman is a top bloke to have a chat with. Really engaging and seemed like he had all the time in the world for everyone. Same with David Mead, he was already showered and was one of the last to leave. Ryan James, Nate Myles, also good blokes who take the time to thank the fans.

Great experience, just a shame it was after a sh1tty loss and everyone was down.

shamus
17-05-15, 08:41 AM
Hmm........I am gunna look for the positives from last night....

Let me think.....

It'll come to me............

Oh yeah! I got the double up! (James 11 Holmes 2) 500 smackaroos baby! :banana:

Now I am gunna look for the negatives from last night....

Let me think.....

It'll come to me............

Oh yeah!.....The wife took it! :fight:

DavidBouveng
17-05-15, 09:46 AM
Exactly what i was about to say! Sezer did a Mortimer last night. Cruelled us savagely. It seemed the entire team was a bit off, but that could just be down to Sezers timing be out.

Ryan James keeps being consistent and honest, and I'll take the odd penalty when he is showing this much fortitude. Lachlan Burr was probably my standout, because I had heard the talk but I was amazed at some of his solid defence and some amazing attacking plays. Coaltrain found some space but forgot how to set up and pass to other players. Meady finally got a run and did his hammy ffs!

I had a shed visit after the game, and when I was sitting in the stand after the game, numb from how badly we played in the second half to give the win to the Sharks, I said to the Mrs I didn't want to go down because I had nothing good to say, but we all went down, and I did have a chat to a few guys which was pretty good, I really enjoyed it.

I spoke with Neil Henry after he had finished interviews, he thanked us for our support. I even spoke with Graham Annesley and thanked him on behalf of all the Titans fans for what he has done for the club. I told him I was one of the letter writers, he had a laugh and said he respected the passion the fans have for the club. He is a smooth talker that guy!

I can also tell you Will Zillman is a top bloke to have a chat with. Really engaging and seemed like he had all the time in the world for everyone. Same with David Mead, he was already showered and was one of the last to leave. Ryan James, Nate Myles, also good blokes who take the time to thank the fans.

Great experience, just a shame it was after a sh1tty loss and everyone was down.

How did u get the shed visit whiz?

C-Whiz
17-05-15, 10:13 AM
How did u get the shed visit whiz?

Half-time members draw down at the members bar. One of the many extra perks of being a member.
I've also got a Chairmans Lounge pass for the Eels game.
Still wondering who I am going to take. Open to all offers and bribes! :drinkies: :eyebrows:

shamus
17-05-15, 10:28 AM
Half-time members draw down at the members bar. One of the many extra perks of being a member.
I've also got a Chairmans Lounge pass for the Eels game.
Still wondering who I am going to take. Open to all offers and bribes! :drinkies: :eyebrows:

I love you..

Titanic
17-05-15, 10:46 AM
I love you..
Shame on you Shamus, you're so obvious :)

C-Whiz
17-05-15, 11:27 AM
Shame on you Shamus, you're so obvious :)

And sadly he's probably winning so far...

TITAN PETE
17-05-15, 12:40 PM
And sadly he's probably winning so far...

Seriously .... What about our Tallai dates

Numbers
17-05-15, 04:46 PM
I don't want to take too big a pot shot at Moseley given he has played less than a dozen first grade games, and I'm certainly not blaming him for the loss - pretty well all the damage had been done by this stage and there is always a lottery element to field goals - but I thought he tried to get too cute when we were trying to set up for a field goal in the last two minutes of regulation time.

We had the ball in the middle of the field on about the Sharks' 32 or 33 metre line on third tackle and instead of hitting Douglas (?) on the right for another hit-up towards the post, he half-skipped to the left then dumped a pass to what seemed to be an unsuspecting LG and then it all turned to custard when James dropped it. At that stage of the game at that point on the field we should have just had one or two more hit-ups by the forwards down the middle and then tried to bang it over - no need to try and take the Sharks by surprise with anything fancy in terms of getting field position for the shot.

Mexican titan
17-05-15, 04:59 PM
I don't want to take too big a pot shot at Moseley given he has played less than a dozen first grade games, and I'm certainly not blaming him for the loss - pretty well all the damage had been done by this stage and there is always a lottery element to field goals - but I thought he tried to get too cute when we were trying to set up for a field goal in the last two minutes of regulation time.

We had the ball in the middle of the field on about the Sharks' 32 or 33 metre line on third tackle and instead of hitting Douglas (?) on the right for another hit-up towards the post, he half-skipped to the left then dumped a pass to what seemed to be an unsuspecting LG and then it all turned to custard when James dropped it. At that stage of the game at that point on the field we should have just had one or two more hit-ups by the forwards down the middle and then tried to bang it over - no need to try and take the Sharks by surprise with anything fancy in terms of getting field position for the shot.

Completely spot on. I also noticed just before James dropped it that we had gone away from the obvious play and tried something that was not the percentage play. Hopefully a learning experience for all as our last couple of minutes plus the golden point time was horrible.

DavidBouveng
17-05-15, 06:33 PM
was it just me or was that 'knock on' from james fairly backwards?

i know that most balls that fall directly down or even slightly backwards get called knock on and i can handle that as it was an error, but this seemed clearly backwards, almost diagonally backwards.

dont want to be a sore loser, we were better for a long part of that match but didnt really play as a team and in the end deserved to lose (with 5 minutes to go, it was 4 tries to 2 to the sharks).

Mexican titan
17-05-15, 07:04 PM
was it just me or was that 'knock on' from james fairly backwards?

i know that most balls that fall directly down or even slightly backwards get called knock on and i can handle that as it was an error, but this seemed clearly backwards, almost diagonally backwards.

dont want to be a sore loser, we were better for a long part of that match but didnt really play as a team and in the end deserved to lose (with 5 minutes to go, it was 4 tries to 2 to the sharks).

I thought it was backwards when it happened but any ball that doesn't go clearly back these days is pulled up. I guess the knock on call was consistent with what has generally been the call for the last many years. Actually it's one rule among many that just seems to have been ignored - if we want a game with few stoppages why keep calling knock ons for balls that go back. Same when teams knock on and the other team gets the ball where the refs nearly always blow it up for a scrum rather than just play on.

DavidBouveng
17-05-15, 07:26 PM
ya i re watched it and was even more certain then.

Chaserz
18-05-15, 03:52 AM
Titans go down in Golden Point
(...)

Why... God why every time we go down in golden points? This isn't the first time we lost in extra time.... it really feels bitter.

I ****in hate you Titans. No I'm sorry I love you. I despise you... No I take it back, I love you. Oh god!!!!

And this exactly expresses my thoughts when it happens...

Oh. Well.