PDA

View Full Version : Round 8: WARRIORS vs TITANS

DIEHARD
18-04-15, 07:30 PM
WARRIORS vs TITANS

ozynorts
18-04-15, 08:07 PM
C'mon King, keep Elgey and lets really get on a roll.

Toads
18-04-15, 08:27 PM
I'll be investing in a bottle of Gin 'n a box of tissues for this game..

Hail Sezer
18-04-15, 08:39 PM
I'll be there. I'd just like to point out that the only other Titans game I have attended was our record loss where we were kept to nil by the Warriors last year.

I do apologise if my presence once again yields a similar result

shamus
18-04-15, 10:42 PM
I'll be there. I'd just like to point out that the only other Titans game I have attended was our record loss where we were kept to nil by the Warriors last year.

Well it ain't rocket science..............don't go!!

DIEHARD
18-04-15, 11:47 PM

Haha. I'm glad you'll be there. Hopefully it'll be more noteworthy than some of our Trans Tasman trips.

gotitans101_
18-04-15, 11:48 PM
I'm sooo not confident about this game, Warriors coming off a loss in the last 2 minutes against the Cows tonight, they will be firing I reckon. Our forwards will have their work cut out for them.

Mexican titan
19-04-15, 08:29 PM
I'm sooo not confident about this game, Warriors coming off a loss in the last 2 minutes against the Cows tonight, they will be firing I reckon. Our forwards will have their work cut out for them.

Yes but the main thing our blokes need to realise if they get behind even by a lot, is that no team can screw up a certain win like the Warriors. An absolute contradiction in terms that they play at a place called Mt Smart.

5 Year Contract
19-04-15, 09:47 PM
Im feeling good about this one but undoubtedly it will be a tough ask over in NZ! Myles, Pettybourne and Paasi (he lasted 10mins last game before he got injured) come back in and i'd start Mosely over Falloon. With LG improving each game and our backline and Bird and Taylor really starting to click I think we will give it a real crack! I would normally dismiss as a very improbable win but we do looks more threatening this year if we can keep up our completions and get through our sets. Lets keep up the positivity!

mup23
20-04-15, 05:42 AM
We've lost our last eight games against the Warriors so we must be due for a win, right?

JunctionBlock
20-04-15, 06:48 AM
Expose Hurrell's terrible defence. We might grab some meat pies.

Problem is Warriors will bash us straight up the middle. Moseley showed again that his defence is what is letting him down in the latter part of the game against the Pennies, unfortunately playing next to Douglas when they were both tiring is what we can't afford to do this week. Difference is that Douglas made more tackles and ten times the metres, so I can forgive him.

karnage
20-04-15, 06:59 AM
Why don't we have an Anzac Day alternative playing strip??

ozynorts
20-04-15, 09:07 AM

5 Year contracts????????/

5 Year Contract
20-04-15, 09:10 AM

Given our clubs current financial situation I'd just assumed we were bleaching and re-dying our same jerseys so we had a home and away strip

toddythetitan
20-04-15, 10:20 AM
Would start falloon ahead of mosseley then after 15-20 minutes bring him on to expose the forwards I think elgey will run riot but ryan have a big day in the office looking after his little mate elgey (not saying he hides in defence)

Also how did the boys go that played qcup are any of them inline for nrl this week? Saw gordon didnt play but attended the supernova conventuon

hopefully the boys atleast wear camo socks to make an effort for the anzac day game

gotitans101_
20-04-15, 12:50 PM
Titans' Ioane stars for Burleigh Bears

Sun 19 Apr, 2015, 9:00pm
By Matt Harris, Queensland Correspondent, NRL.com

Burleigh prop Mark Ioane may find it difficult squeezing his way into an in-form Gold Coast Titans side at the moment but based on his performance in Burleigh's 28-18 win over Ipswich he won't be far from coach Neil Henry's thoughts.

The 24-year-old scored one try and set up another – terrorising Origin veteran Chris Walker with a series of barnstorming runs – during a devastating spell for the Bears midway through the second half of their Round 7 Intrust Super Cup clash at North Ipswich Reserve.

Ioane has 20 NRL appearances under his belt and last featured for the Titans in their 40-0 hiding at the hands of the Panthers in Round 2.

However, based on Sunday's outing against the Jets the Auckland-born enforcer could be trading Burleigh's Pizzey Park for Cbus Super Stadium in the coming weeks.

Former Penrith centre and current Titans squad member Brad Tighe also crossed the try-line for the Bears, who moved to sixth on the ladder on eight competition points with the Jets fourth on 10 points.

Trailing 16-6 at half-time, the Bears crossed seven minutes into the second stanza through young centre Connor Broadhurst before Marmin Barba eased the pressure on the Jets with a penalty goal to take the score to 18-10 after 54 minutes.

The Jets began to run out of fuel at this stage of the contest – the result of making 50 more tackles than their opponents – and soon conceded their third try when Ioane bullocked his way over Walker and company to have the Bears within two points of the hosts.

Despite some desperate Ipswich defence, sustained pressure on the Jets' line soon took its toll when Tighe crossed out wide and fullback Tyler Chadburn converted to see Burleigh hit the front 22-18 with 11 minutes to go.

Poor ball control cost the Jets inside the final 10 minutes and the Bears eventually sealed the result when Ioane sent skipper Darren Griffiths over under the posts for a 28-18 victory.

The only sour note for the Bears were injuries to halves Ryley Jacks and Todd Seymour with the latter stretchered off seven minutes from full-time with a knee injury.

In other results, Easts Tigers moved to second on the ladder with 50-point thrashing of Central Queensland in coach Jason Hetherington's final match in charge of the Capras.

The former Queensland hooker, who played eight games for the Maroons from 1998 to 2000, is stepping down from his role due to personal reasons with assistant Lionel Harbin set to take the reins in an interim capacity.

Saturday's other results saw the Northern Pride win their second game in a row after trouncing Norths Devils 42-10 with Javid Bowen bagging a hat-trick, while the Wynnum Manly Seagulls defeated Sunshine Coast Falcons 23-10 at Pinklands Sports Complex.

Townsville's 40-10 victory over Redcliffe keeps them outright competition leaders on 12 points with third-placed Mackay Cutters (10 points) unable to capitalise due to their 26-24 loss against the PNG Hunters, who managed to snap their two-game losing streak at home in Kokopo.

Tweed Heads Seagulls handed Souths Logan Magpies their fourth-straight loss with a 24-0 win at Piggabeen Sports in the final match of Round 7.

Burleigh Bears 28 (Brad Tighe, Connor Broadhurst, Mark Ioane, Jason Chan, Darren Griffiths tries; Tyler Chadburn 4 goals) def. Ipswich Jets 18 (Marmin Barba 2, Carlin Anderson tries; Barba 2, Anderson goals) at North Ipswich Reserve. Half-time: Jets 16-6. Man of the Match: Jason Chan.

Man I hope he makes a bench spot soon.

Titanic
20-04-15, 01:22 PM
Is he behind Mortimer? :) couldn't resist ... but he should be in front of White and probably would be if he wasn't built so close to the ground.

This week we can expect:

1. Hoffman
2. Mead
3. Roberts
4. Zillman
5. Don
6. Sezer
7. Elgey
8. Douglas
9. Falloon
10. Myles
11. James
12. Taylor
13. Bird

14. White
15. Pettybourne
16. Burr
17. Moseley

TitansFan92
20-04-15, 01:26 PM
Is he behind Mortimer? :) couldn't resist ... but he should be in front of White and probably would be if he wasn't built so close to the ground.

This week we can expect:

1. Hoffman
2. Mead
3. Roberts
4. Zillman
5. Don
6. Sezer
7. Elgey
8. Douglas
9. Falloon
10. Myles
11. James
12. Taylor
13. Bird

14. White
15. Pettybourne
16. Burr
17. Moseley

I could live with that team even though I would to see Crampton given a go but why mess with a winning team. Hope Henry thinks the same way.

Toads
20-04-15, 02:32 PM
I could live with that team even though I would to see Crampton given a go but why mess with a winning team. Hope Henry thinks the same way.

I'd risk it 'n play Crampton on the left. He'd be our better option to cover Hurrell (imo).

karnage
20-04-15, 02:36 PM
I'd risk it 'n play Crampton on the left. He'd be our better option to cover Hurrell (imo).

Crazy. Mt Smart stadium, against that big brute of a team is NEVER the place to debut anybody. We have put up 38 and 32 points at our past two games, wanting changes to that team is simply championing change for the sake of change.

In our current form we can win this. Look at the points the Warriors are leaking!! The Cowboys ran riot on them in the second half and the week before they let the Tigers rack up 20 points and get it close before winning late. We are a huge chance.

Toads
20-04-15, 02:39 PM
Fair enough, about the debut part at Mt Smart. But do youse honestly think Zillman or Hoffman are going to contain Hurrell?

Titanic Believer
20-04-15, 03:31 PM
I want to be positive but not until we start knocking over the top teams will I be able to relax before a game. Warriors at home coming off a loss is a challenge but a win would definitely get me started thinking positively. Let's face it Penrith could easily have blown us off the park early on Saturday. If we start the same way against the Warriors it will be all over before half time.

Mr Stupid
20-04-15, 04:06 PM
Taylor probably out but appealing a Judiciary decision tomorrow.

Titanic
20-04-15, 05:19 PM
Titans second-rower Dave Taylor has been charged for his challenge on Penrith rookie Waqa Blake in Gold Coast's Round 7 win. The Queensland representative won't miss any game time if he accepts an early plea for his grade one careless high tackle charge, which attracts a base penalty of 75 points.
http://www.nrl.com/taylor-charged-by-match-review-committee/tabid/10874/newsid/85527/default.aspx

K2G
20-04-15, 05:33 PM
That's interesting Titanic. The Couriermail report says he'll miss one if he accepts:

The incident took place during the first half of the Titans’ win over Penrith on Saturday when the representative forward tackled Panthers centre Waqa Blake.

Taylor will miss a game if he accepts the sanction and also if he opts to fight the charge and loses at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday.

I'm glad he's challenging. There was no intent, open hand, no swinging arm, Waqa lowered into it at the moment of impact as he was mid-step... I've seen worse get off already this season. Would be very unlucky to miss a game.

toddythetitan
20-04-15, 07:18 PM
Would it be crazy to play taylor in the centres again konrad hurrel

Titanic
20-04-15, 07:26 PM
I have a bit of confidence in our left-side defence this season and think james can do the job on Hurrell ... I'm more worried about them rolling those big forwards over ours and Hoffman (Ryan) sneaking around our right edge ... Titans on the back of a Zillman fg ... always back a man on a roll :) a Titanic backflip :)

Mexican titan
20-04-15, 09:10 PM
Would it be crazy to play taylor in the centres again konrad hurrel

Personally mate I expect guys that are usually picked as centres (in our case Zilly/Hoff and Roberts) to do the job whoever they come up against. There are better centres in the comp than Hurrell - do we change ours whenever they might come up against someone better. I know it's Zilly we are talking about but my point stays the same.

DavidBouveng
20-04-15, 09:12 PM
i think Kata is the bigger problem.

TITAN PETE
20-04-15, 09:58 PM
Taylor has carry over points & will miss a week with a guilty plea

karnage
21-04-15, 07:36 AM
The offensive shape that we are developing is more important than trying to contain one unfit player. Hurrell will make a splash play or two but he won't beat us. The last thing we need is to go back to the days where we had back rowers living in the centres. We are fast team, let's beat them with speed!! Hurdle and Kata should be more worried about what they're going to do about Roberts.

JunctionBlock
21-04-15, 11:04 AM
Titans second-rower Dave Taylor will miss Saturday's ANZAC Day clash with the Warriors in Auckland after taking an early plea on a careless high tackle charge.

Taylor was hit with a grade one charge for his tackle on Penrith's Waka Blake. With carry-over points he accrued 134 points which will see him miss just the one match.

Fortunately Eddy Pettybourne returns from his one-match suspension and comes into the squad which is also missing Ryan Simpkins who is awaiting scan results on his serious knee injury.

From the Titans

Titanic
21-04-15, 11:23 AM
Maybe Ioane will get his shot then.

karnage
21-04-15, 04:02 PM
Hurrell has been dropped.

Mr Stupid
21-04-15, 04:26 PM

Lol! so much for us worrying about their 'strike' weapon.

teke
21-04-15, 04:38 PM
Warriors won't need to go wide, the Titans are soffffft up the middle. They will bend the Titans backwards in the middle sucking the entire team in and score out wide.

Brock O'Brien
21-04-15, 04:40 PM
Warriors won't need to go wide, the Titans are soffffft up the middle. They will bend the Titans backwards in the middle sucking the entire team in and score out wide.

Hahahah! A manly fan talking about forward packs :laugh:

timor 2
21-04-15, 05:03 PM
Titans
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Anthony Don
3 James Roberts
4 William Zillman
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Kane Elgey
8 Luke Douglas
9 Beau Falloon
10 Nate Myles
11 Ryan James
12 Lachlan Burr
13 Greg Bird

Interchange
14 Matt White
15 Edward Pettybourne
16 Matt Robinson
17 Kierran Moseley
18 Mark Ioane

Coach: Neil Henry

karnage
21-04-15, 05:10 PM

:rolf:

Toads
21-04-15, 05:10 PM

Why was Hurrell dropped. Don't they think they need him?

Titanic
21-04-15, 05:16 PM
I'm assuming that Paasi is injured and Robinson, although I thought he went well at the end of last year, has been conspicuous by his absence from any discussion on here or elsewhere ... that's a bit of a worry.

5 Year Contract
21-04-15, 05:43 PM
I'm assuming that Paasi is injured and Robinson, although I thought he went well at the end of last year, has been conspicuous by his absence from any discussion on here or elsewhere ... that's a bit of a worry.

Yeah really going to miss DT this week. Suprised Robinson starting over Ioane?

TITAN PETE
21-04-15, 06:25 PM
Here's hoping for White to be dropped & glad to see Robinson get a 2nd chance in the top grade

JunctionBlock
21-04-15, 06:33 PM
Big write up about what it means for Bird to play the ANZAC weekend game in NZ and he seems pretty pumped. Hopefully he and Myles play it like an origin or Teke's maybe right (and I'm not following your lead again....I said it first this time!).

http://www.nrl.com/titans-excited-by-anzac-day-honour/tabid/10874/newsid/85553/default.aspx

That's if Myles plays. Already speculation he may not be fit.

DavidBouveng
21-04-15, 07:39 PM
really happy for Burr.

wouldnt be surprised to see myles drop back, petty start and burr go to bench...but i hope burr starts.

hes coming along nicely.

looking forward to this game. if we can get over there and take the cookies, we are 4/4 and get a week off for rep weekend.

then i think we have one or two tough games before our next bye in round 11 or so. so if we can keep our momentum, we could be in really good shape by about halfway point with a 50% winrate or so

Toads
21-04-15, 08:06 PM
Thumbs up about the Burr comments, DB. I'm another one that'll be glad to see him on the field when the whistle blows. :)

Mexican titan
21-04-15, 08:35 PM

He was referring to soft forward packs and any Manly fan is well qualified to comment based on this years efforts.

gotitans101_
21-04-15, 08:42 PM
He is absolutely right though, the Warriors forwards usually smash us through the middle every time we play them. They are very prone to errors though, we need to aim up and frustrate the hell out of them, the points will come.

Hail Sezer
21-04-15, 09:00 PM
I'm a hug fan of Burr. Cool to see Robbo get another shot but IIRC in the 9s he got absolutely steamed by the warriors pack

karnage
21-04-15, 09:45 PM
Why was Hurrell dropped. Don't they think they need him?

I don't really take notice of any other teams, but as an outsider I would say his fitness (or lack thereof!!) has a lot to do with it. He looks physically incapable of making any second and third efforts. There have always been stories in the media that he is a very poor trainer.

Interesting to hear people say that we look soft up the middle. I thought our Denise efforts had been really good at Parramatta and again this week v Penrith.

- - - Updated - - -

Denise efforts.... Should say defensive efforts. Bloody autocorrect!!

Titanic
22-04-15, 01:02 AM
Defensive effort has been patchy to excellent but we have been susceptible behind the play-the-ball which is where teams have rolled at us and both edges have leaked points as well … we are an honest but not great team yet.

teke
22-04-15, 02:10 AM
Defensive effort has been patchy to excellent but we have been susceptible behind the play-the-ball which is where teams have rolled at us and both edges have leaked points as well … we are an honest but not great team yet.yeah exactly what I was getting at, behind the play the ball is where teams should be targeting this team.

JunctionBlock
22-04-15, 06:20 AM
Our failure to wrap up the ball and stop the off loads plus half the time we can't even get a player on the ground. These are the reasons they will role up the middle. Defence can't get set. 'A' markers too wide waiting for the tacklers to fall back into that position, then cause it's quick ball the team can't afford to come up off their line they have to hold their line allows the opposition to get some steam up as they hit the line allowing them to get a hand free for the offloads.

On the same note as being a fan of Burr. He hits hard. Whenever he is involved in a tackle you hear the thud!

karnage
22-04-15, 08:24 AM
Defensive effort has been patchy to excellent but we have been susceptible behind the play-the-ball which is where teams have rolled at us and both edges have leaked points as well … we are an honest but not great team yet.

Honest is a lot better than where most people saw us this season.:thumbsup:

Mr Stupid
22-04-15, 08:42 AM
yeah exactly what I was getting at, behind the play the ball is where teams should be targeting this team.

Yep, looking to Falloon to have a big 'Denise' game. That's pretty well all he's there for I would say.

TITAN PETE
22-04-15, 03:04 PM
The toughest player we are up against in this match is Friendy, he's never tasted defeated against the Titans since they flicked him..

Geeman
22-04-15, 04:27 PM
Reports over here are that McFadden hasn't been happy with Hurrell's inconsistent performances, and his replacement Fusitua has been playing extremely well in the lower grade - At least that's what Jacob Lillyman said in an interview on the radio today...

toddythetitan
22-04-15, 09:02 PM
Friendys minutes havent been to huge for the warriors lately starting off the bench would be doing his head in

TITAN PETE
23-04-15, 06:40 AM
Friendys minutes havent been to huge for the warriors lately starting off the bench would be doing his head in

I can tell you he was pissed off but as he said to me last week "I don't care if I play 80 minutes or 5 minutes I still get paid the same"..

DIEHARD
23-04-15, 11:00 AM
New Zealand Warriors backline told to shape up or ship out by coach Andrew McFadden

The New Zealand Warriors' backs have been put on notice to perform with coach Andrew McFadden saying he considered dropping more than just centre Konrad Hurrell after an error-ridden NRL loss to the North Queensland Cowboys last weekend.

Hurrell, who missed four tackles and made just nine in Saturday night's loss, has been dropped to the Warriors' reserves in favour of rookie David Fusitua - who has never played a first grade match at centre - for the match against the Gold Coast Titans at Mt Smart Stadium on Anzac Day.

Fusitua's selection at centre comes after a couple of dominant performances for the reserve side upon return from injury. However, it comes at the cost of not only Hurrell but also Matt Allwood, who was brought over from the Canberra Raiders on a three-year contract and has played just one first grade game so far this season.

The selection of Fusitua shows McFadden's intention to tidy up the outside edge play, and to not tolerate poor performances. The Warriors made 16 errors and missed 31 tackles against the Cowboys, in a part of their game which is starting to become frighteningly familiar. McFadden said the team knew where they went wrong.

"There was a temptation to make other changes but some guys need that second chance," he said. "Errors are a part of our game but the type of errors we are making are really hurting us at the moment - in our own end, fundamental, under no pressure.

"We have addressed it, again, but it is really up to the individuals now and I have had to make some people accountable and hopefully that shocks them into some performance this week."

Hurrell needed to improve in a number of areas, McFadden said.

"Konrad wasn't just about the errors, there are some other things he needs to work on as well in his game. He'll bounce back."

Fusitua, 20, had said in the past he was keen on playing more at centre, and has shown his ability in the position.McFadden has faith in his young charge: "He's definitely got centre material. He's got all the skills. He is big, he is athletic, he reads the game really well. So there's no reason why he can't play there. He has been playing centres in our cup side and doing really well. I'm very confident that he can do the job.

"He's a terrific athlete. He certainly gives us another dimension there, out wide, especially on last plays."

Ngani Laumape has yet to play a first grade game in 2015 and McFadden said a knee injury may keep him out for the rest of the year. He may require surgery on a partially torn ACL.

"We are still hopefully that we might be able to get something out of him this year. We will know in the next few weeks we will have to make a decision on that," McFadden said.

Meanwhile the coach said playing at home on Anzac Day was special for the players.

"All the Anzac games I have been involved in have certainly had something special about them, obviously the day itself and all the ceremonies before the game really add to the atmosphere. It is important that we really recognise the things men and women have done for us to provide our freedom."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/

DIEHARD
23-04-15, 11:08 AM
Warriors v Gold Coast Titans
Mt Smart Stadium
Saturday 1.45pm NZT (11.45am AET)

After seven rounds of the 2015 Telstra Premiership season the Warriors and Titans can't be split, sitting tied on 3-4 records with a points differential of minus three.

That suggests this clash – which will open the NRL's five-game spectacular on Anzac Day – will be a close one despite the fact that the Gold Coast haven't beaten the Warriors in five years.

Coach Andrew McFadden has made a statement by dropping boom centre Konrad Hurrell following a spate of errors over the past few weeks, with David Fusitu'a the direct replacement.

Veteran prop Sam Rapira returns while back-rower Raymond Faitala-Mariner comes in to make his debut and become Warrior number 200.

For the visitors the loss of Dave Taylor to suspension is a major one, but is offset to some degree by the return of captain Nate Myles in an otherwise settled line-up.

The New Zealand side blew the chance to record a valuable away win against the Cowboys last week, with errors yet again their downfall.

The Titans on the other hand were boosted by a second consecutive 30-plus point victory last Saturday at home to the Panthers.

Watch out Warriors: Ruck defence cost the Warriors dearly last week, as the Cowboys destroyed them from the play the ball on numerous occasions. Three tries from North Queensland hooker Jake Granville, plus 76 metres and two line breaks, sums up just how bad the Warriors were in that area of the contest. They can ill-afford a repeat against a Titans side with talented forwards and livewire rake Kierran Moseley coming off the bench.

Ball control is another area of improvement. The New Zealanders dropped the ball at the start and end of their sets, and even dropped it once over the line to blow a certain try. Sixteen errors in total saw the Warriors retain their mantle as the NRL's most error-ridden side, and ensured that all their effort in North Queensland ultimately went to waste.

Watch out Titans: They left the stadium with the two points against the Panthers, but the Gold Coast struggled to control the ball and completed at only 74 per cent last weekend. On top of that they missed 30 of their 328 tackles and allowed their opponents to offload on 19 occasions.

Warriors coach Andrew McFadden sounded an ominous warning to his troops this week by unceremoniously dropping Konrad Hurrell due to poor form. Fear factor should encourage the Warriors to be much improved in their ball control and execution this week, and coupled with the return of Rapira and Fusitu'a it should mean a tough day at the office for the Gold Coast.

Key Match-Up: Solomone Kata v William Zillman. In his new home in the centres Zillman was arguably the best Titan on the park last week, running for a huge 269 metres with a line break and two tries to boot. Kata was almost as good in a beaten side against the Cowboys, scoring a try, breaking the line three times and carrying the ball on 10 occasions for 120 metres.

The History: Played 16; Warriors 10, Titans 6. The Warriors are shooting for a ninth-straight victory over the Titans this weekend, having won every head-to-head clash against the Gold Coast since September 2010. Auckland has never been a happy hunting ground for the Titans either, with only two wins out of seven visits in total.

What Are The Odds: Sportsbet punters have identified the Titans as great value in betting and they've invested six times the money on the visitors. In terms of first try scorers Manu Vatuvei has been the most popular option, followed by Titans flyer James Roberts. Latest odds at Sportsbet.com.au

Did You Know: The Titans will become the first club other than the Storm to play the Warriors on Anzac Day since 2008. Coincidently the Gold Coast were the last outfit to face the Warriors prior to their six-year tradition of clashing with Melbourne on April 25, winning that game 36-24 in their inaugural 2007 season.

Match Officials: Referee: Gavin Morris. Assistant Referee: David Munro. Touch Judges: David Ryan and Anthony Elliot. Video Referees: Steve Clark and Steve Folkes.

Televised: Sky Sport – Live from 1.30pm NZT.

The Way We See It: These teams probably couldn't feel more different about their respective performances last week; the Gold Coast no doubt buoyed by a big win at home and the Warriors demoralised after being run down late at one of their toughest away venues. But the Titans don't like visiting Auckland, or playing the Warriors in general, and sadly for them they will confront both of those things come Saturday. The Warriors to bounce back in style and win by 14.

Source: http://www.nrl.com

DIEHARD
23-04-15, 11:10 AM
The toughest player we are up against in this match is Friendy, he's never tasted defeated against the Titans since they flicked him..

He is always super motivated against us. I miss him.

I think we will put in a good performance, but the Warriors would be favourites. Maybe they will benefit more from the Anzac enthusiasm.

Due to bounce back too. I seem to remember more than once the Warriors losing either by a small margin or a thumping the week before to turn around and take us down.

DIEHARD
23-04-15, 11:12 AM
https://scontent-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11136725_960283970682663_850849932532484934_n.jpg? oh=a981d840a98811970e6d2900473394ee&oe=55E0D025

Anzac jersey for Warriors

DIEHARD
23-04-15, 11:13 AM
Rd #8 MEDIA | Simon Mannering

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=84a2pudDobmoMwV53_BReIzMzFW-5uCC&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>
Captain Simon Mannering spoke to media ahead of the ANZAC day match against the Titans at Mt Smart Stadium.

DIEHARD
23-04-15, 11:14 AM
Introducing Vodafone Warrior #200 Raymond Faitala-Mariner, set to make his debut this Saturday against the Titans.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10600540_963278563716537_7634366912901080595_n.jpg ?oh=dc64ecbd9586791bcb045f62df9bc6bc&oe=559A85DD&__gda__=1440325355_4649009fd9d98def741a335692dfbae a

Player profile: http://www.warriors.co.nz/team/profiles/raymond-faitala-mariner.html

Mr Stupid
23-04-15, 03:04 PM
I can tell you he was pissed off but as he said to me last week "I don't care if I play 80 minutes or 5 minutes I still get paid the same"..

That's the spirit!

Hail Sezer
25-04-15, 05:14 AM
Game day. Nice morning herein Auckland and the 20sblys are in good Spirits despite the early wake up Breakfast and some coffee and I'll head down to mt smart,big day ahead

TITAN PETE
25-04-15, 09:19 AM
Poor performance from the 20's lets hope the big boys play much better

Mt Smart
25-04-15, 09:53 AM
Really looking forward to the game.

Pleased we are playing the Titans for our ANZAC fixture.

The Games we played against Melbourne saw some epic contests, certainly the Warriors fire for the occasion, the day means so much to both countries.

Spent the morning at the Auckland War Memorial museum, we all have someone we are related to on the roll of honor in the hall upstairs.

Both teams, their fans, their respective countries now hope for the building of a rivalry played in the right spirit.

Come on men give them a game to remember.

Hail Sezer
25-04-15, 09:57 AM
Myles in at this stage

Titanic
25-04-15, 10:58 AM
Pretty weird having a game at 10am here but it's live and we are having a leisurely breakfast in anticipation. The final episode of Vikings 3 is the filler :)

Mexican titan
25-04-15, 11:33 AM
Myles in at this stage

They have listed him on the tv. Mind you they have just done a profile on dave taylor. Then at the end of it said " but he's not playing". Great stuff.
Crowd looks poor for such an occasion. I hope it builds.

lonegull
25-04-15, 11:55 AM
Zillman LOL I have never seen someone get caught out that bad in defence a laughing stock

Titanic
25-04-15, 12:08 PM
that's the way … great ball James … first try LG

- - - Updated - - -

and then who passed that crap? let's guess :( and they score

rj62
25-04-15, 12:08 PM
Can we make any more errors???

K2G
25-04-15, 12:13 PM
Lachlan Burr has been atrocious. He needs to step up

5 Year Contract
25-04-15, 12:15 PM
this was always going to be tough by geeze we arent making it easy on ourselves.

Titanic
25-04-15, 12:24 PM
kick too deep … Bird penalty gee!

- - - Updated - - -

passed to the second row … second row in the grandstand

- - - Updated - - -

Elgey great - Zillman the dunce did his best to smash him.

rj62
25-04-15, 12:26 PM
Don is good !

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 12:27 PM
Every game they let Elgey play without signing him is costing us $$$$$$$$$

Titanic
25-04-15, 12:28 PM
great tackle Manu … great pass LG … great kick Raiders

Julius Sezer
25-04-15, 12:28 PM
jeez LG is killing it !!!

rj62
25-04-15, 12:29 PM
who is going to kick next season ??? Sezer having a great season with the boot so far

TITAN PETE
25-04-15, 12:29 PM
LG is looking really good in this match

Titanic
25-04-15, 12:32 PM
non-existant ruck defence

teke
25-04-15, 12:32 PM
Friendy exposing behind the play-the-ball

Titanic
25-04-15, 12:34 PM
Elgey/James miss

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 12:35 PM
Turn stile defence. These guys are kidding. Zillman goes to fullback and the communication to the defensive line stops.

K2G
25-04-15, 12:36 PM
We are SO much more fun to watch this year.

Titanic
25-04-15, 12:38 PM
Well Zillman returns to negative stats but a generally encouraging half … mid-field defence and ruck as poor as we predicted.

teke
25-04-15, 12:39 PM
Should be behind by a lot more.

Fun game to watch and the Titans are in with a good chance late

Boonarga
25-04-15, 12:40 PM
Elgey is doing some really special things out there. Things that only top class players can do. Get him signed ffs!

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 12:42 PM
Hopefully we can turn it on for the second half as we have been the last three wins. Fingers crossed. If theres one positive, we look good with the ball in hand. if there's a negative, we look terrible when we don't have the ball.

Mexican titan
25-04-15, 12:44 PM
Well Zillman returns to negative stats but a generally encouraging half … mid-field defence and ruck as poor as we predicted.

Last year our second halves were a problem now it's the way we start. Some horrible missed one on one tackles in that half particularly by Elgey and Moseley. Great to watch in attack but our defence is shaky and the midfield kicking game is hopeless. Ffs Sezer find the ground and kick into the corners. If our second half just improves a bit we are right in this.

Titanic
25-04-15, 12:50 PM
I think we are looking fragile with injuries, worried that we get smashed but that may just be conditioning from the last four seasons. C'mon boys, enjoying the game.

The Birdman
25-04-15, 12:52 PM
The team is a lot better to watch this year. I love the confidence and vision Elgey brings to the team. You can see he is a class act. We need to tighten up a heap around the ruck and the A, B & C defenders are too loose and leaving way too big of a gap behind the play the ball. Bird is having a bad game so far and too many tacklers are landing underneath the ball carrier, resulting in no markers and quick play the balls.

Luckily for us the Warriors are pretty mistake prone and also fairly soft around the ruck. If we can tighten it up we can win this easy.

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 12:56 PM
Meaaaaddddyyyyyyyyyy has lost his speeedddddyyyyy

The Birdman
25-04-15, 12:56 PM
Great run Mead

Titanic
25-04-15, 12:57 PM
Good run but tackle 0 into touch?

teke
25-04-15, 12:59 PM
Meaaaaddddyyyyyyyyyy has lost his speeedddddyyyyy120 plus mtrs, he did that run in good time

- - - Updated - - -

Good run but tackle 0 into touch?lolol a piss take for sure

rj62
25-04-15, 01:00 PM
Meaaaaddddyyyyyyyyyy has lost his speeedddddyyyyy

Couldn't believe my ears when they said he was run down . Thought we were in...

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 01:02 PM
120 plus mtrs, he did that run in good time

- - - Updated - - -

lolol a piss take for sure

Meady has lost his step didn't rhyme so i went with speedy.

Titanic
25-04-15, 01:04 PM
hilarious but well deserved .. thought he was going to dive over the deadball

The Birdman
25-04-15, 01:04 PM
Good run but tackle 0 into touch?

Should have stepped in for sure but I'll take a 90 metre gain any set.

rj62
25-04-15, 01:07 PM
Roberts again???

Titanic
25-04-15, 01:08 PM
yoo hooooooooo Roberts!

rj62
25-04-15, 01:08 PM
Yeah baby...!

TITAN PETE
25-04-15, 01:09 PM
Leading very unexpectedly but I'll take it, what has happened to Sezars goal kicking..

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 01:10 PM
It's a good feeling when you see Roberts pick a ball up in open space and know he won't get touched to the try line. There's no riding and whipping the couch like a horse.

TITAN PETE
25-04-15, 01:13 PM
How is that a penalty

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 01:13 PM
How the F@#& is that a penalty?????? He chopped his legs. That costs games!

rj62
25-04-15, 01:16 PM
Great work .... Held them out that set

Titanic
25-04-15, 01:16 PM
clearly went forward from Zillman … lucky

rj62
25-04-15, 01:17 PM
Leading very unexpectedly but I'll take it, what has happened to Sezars goal kicking..

Pretty sure I put the curse of the black jelly bean on him by giving him a wrap a few minutes ago :nope:

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 01:17 PM
90m set ends in a try. This is great to watch

rj62
25-04-15, 01:18 PM
Next to the posts.......oh yeahhhhh

5 Year Contract
Beautiful try!! what I love about us this year is in the past when we would make a break we would panic and throw a silly pass. This year we are much more measured and have great attacking shape. Great to watch!!!

Titanic
Best try this year for me … Roberts/Moseley/Elgey and over !!!!

rj62
25-04-15, 01:19 PM
90m set ends in a try. This is great to watch

Even better to read..!

TITAN PETE
The future of our club are having great games today LG,James,Roberts & Mosely lock them all up please

The Birdman
How good is not having Cartwright as coach. Can't believe I am watching my team play entertaining football. The move of James from middle forward to fringe runner has been a masterstroke from Henry. He has an underrated offload.

5 Year Contract
25-04-15, 01:20 PM
Here we go! we get a try here we can nearly put them to bed

rj62
25-04-15, 01:20 PM
Beautiful try!! what I love about us this year is in the past when we would make a break we would panic and throw a silly pass. This year we are much more measured and have great attacking shape. Great to watch!!!

Something to do with King taking over....? So good to see this...

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 01:21 PM
Is Burr injured?

rj62
25-04-15, 01:22 PM
Come on boys put them to sleep....

5 Year Contract
25-04-15, 01:22 PM
Beautiful!!!!! Ryan James through a gap and over

Titanic
25-04-15, 01:23 PM
great stuff … no words to describe the feeling after years of crap … Cartwright you turkey :)

rj62
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............LG on fire!

5 Year Contract
First time in our clubs history we have reached 30 points 3 weeks in a row. Love that stat!

The Birdman
25-04-15, 01:24 PM
Ryan James MOTM easy.

First time we have scored 30 points in 3 consecutive games in Titans history. The non-Cartwright factor.

rj62
great stuff … no words to describe the feeling after years of crap … Cartwright you turkey :)

How good does it feel????? How damn good.....

teke
Something to do with King taking over....? So good to see this...Has a lot to do with the players. Carty never had this team

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 01:25 PM
And then there was Zillman.....

5 Year Contract
25-04-15, 01:25 PM
FFS Zillman that was woeful!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

how do you drop an uncontested kick to your chest!!!

rj62
25-04-15, 01:26 PM
Has a lot to do with the players. Carty never had this team

He never instilled the belief in them either..

Titanic
HOGZILLA the useless thing

JunctionBlock
Has a lot to do with the players. Carty never had this team

No he didn't, he had the team HE chose.

Titanic
25-04-15, 01:27 PM
He never instilled the belief in them either..
Sorry mate but he was directly responsible for our dilemma players or not … sorry should have quoted teke of Manly … too excited :)

The Birdman
25-04-15, 01:30 PM
How did Cartwright not have these players? The only players he didn't have are pretty much Elgey and Hoffman. His d love for Zillman was cringe worthy.

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 01:30 PM
How bias are the replays coming out of Nu Zilend! Every time theres a possible penalty or a wrong call by the ref that could go the warriors way theres twenty replays. Every other time we get a bad call.....Nothing!

teke
25-04-15, 01:32 PM
No he didn't, he had the team HE chose.True to an extent, after all the money issues that have surfaced since his departure I have a feeling his hands were tied very early on. But yes I agree

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 01:34 PM
True to an extent, after all the money issues that have surfaced since his departure I have a feeling his hands were tied very early on. But yes I agree

I love you Teke, even if you do have space herpes.

rj62
25-04-15, 01:34 PM
How good does this feel??.....seriously......scoring 30 , 3 weeks on the trot and belting the Warriors at home..

Our 2nd halves have been unreal.

This is just soooooooo freaking good!!!!!!

teke
25-04-15, 01:35 PM
How did Cartwright not have these players? The only players he didn't have are pretty much Elgey and Hoffman. His d love for Zillman was cringe worthy.roberts Hoffman moss Elgey, should I go on

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 01:35 PM
I found Burr.

rj62
25-04-15, 01:36 PM
signing LG is a MUST asap

5 Year Contract
25-04-15, 01:37 PM
How bias are the replays coming out of Nu Zilend! Every time theres a possible penalty or a wrong call by the ref that could go the warriors way theres twenty replays. Every other time we get a bad call.....Nothing!

Haha did you see that shot at goal then 'just' to the left...thing missed by a mile

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 01:38 PM
How good does this feel??.....seriously......scoring 30 , 3 weeks on the trot and belting the Warriors at home..

Our 2nd halves have been unreal.

This is just soooooooo freaking good!!!!!!

Even better is that Ronald McDonald house gets a huge benefit and I get to feel like I'm donating to a charity with the money I've lost at Jupiters over the years.

Hope we don't go to sleep in these last 6 mins.

5 Year Contract
25-04-15, 01:39 PM
C'mon sezer we need deeper kicks than that to close this out

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 01:40 PM
15 m gain. ouch. We need to wake up after that Fusatua? injury we've gone to sleep.

5 Year Contract
25-04-15, 01:41 PM
jesus! WAKE UP GUYS!

- - - Updated - - -

warriors in again....poor finish by us

rj62
25-04-15, 01:43 PM
Urgh....come on boys

- - - Updated - - -

Would have liked those 2 misses by Sezer about now......

5 Year Contract
25-04-15, 01:46 PM
DON!!!!!! saved our **** there!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Great win marred by going completely to sleep the last 10 minutes

JunctionBlock
What a way to end!!!! That was edge of the seat and it should have been a couple more beers.

Titanic
ground time keeper tried his best to get them across the line … great win!!!!

rj62
25-04-15, 01:47 PM
Holy Crap ............ Thought we'd clutched defeat from the jaws of victory there...

Bloody great win boys, congratulations

The Birdman
25-04-15, 01:47 PM
roberts Hoffman moss Elgey, should I go on

Uhh Cartwright had Roberts, I mentioned the other ones.

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 01:48 PM
Who cut the feed????? We cut from celebrations by the Titans to watching the dressing rooms in Newcastle? WTF?????

teke
25-04-15, 01:49 PM
Who cut the feed????? We cut from celebrations by the Titans to watching the dressing rooms in Newcastle? WTF?????tight schedule with today's games

Ausphin
25-04-15, 01:51 PM
Wow, that was closer than it needed to be.

Great feeling though and played some quality football.

Our last 3 games second halves have been for 70 points for and 10 against (being those 2 late tries today).

Loved what i saw from Elgey today but cringed every time he did something good. Could imagine Manly upping their offer every time. Hopefully we get some answers next week on Elgey and Roberts.

Managed today without Dave Taylor too.

rj62
25-04-15, 01:51 PM
ABC commentators annoyingly kept called LG ... Kane Elger.....

teke
25-04-15, 01:52 PM
Uhh Cartwright had Roberts, I mentioned the other ones.the makeup/financial environment way diff now to back then.

rj62
25-04-15, 01:52 PM
Man of the match?

Mexican titan
25-04-15, 01:53 PM
DON!!!!!! saved our **** there!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Great win marred by going completely to sleep the last 10 minutes

Fark. I am too old to cop finishes like that. That set we had with about 4 to go with slow hitups you could see we were trying to close it which is crazy.
Dont really want to put anyone down but when Zilly dropped that simple kick was when momentum changed.
But who gives.....we won and now i can sit back and enjoy the next couple of games. Look out fridge, here i come.

K2G
25-04-15, 01:53 PM
Manly is going to throw the bank at Elgey after today's performance.

Great win. Like i said, win or lose, we are so much more fun to watch this season.

Also, we wouldn't have done our brand any damage over there in NZ today. Was great to see some of the locals in titans gear.

So what's that, sixth spot on the ladder going into the bye? Very nice (with games pending!)

Mexican titan
25-04-15, 01:54 PM
Man of the match?

James just ahead of daylight.

The Birdman
the makeup/financial environment way diff now to back then.

FFS are you being serious. The gimp stunk the joint up for 8 years and you are going to give him a pass because the last two we struggled financially. Sorry Mrs Cartwright but I'm not buying the bull**** you are selling.

rj62
Fark. I am too old to cop finishes like that. That set we had with about 4 to go with slow hitups you could see we were trying to close it which is crazy.
Dont really want to put anyone down but when Zilly dropped that simple kick was when momentum changed.
But who gives.....we won and now i can sit back and enjoy the next couple of games. Look out fridge, here i come.

My fridge has been violated!

TITAN PETE
25-04-15, 01:57 PM
James was awesome & is probably in the Blues squad after this years effort so far this season

Mexican titan
25-04-15, 01:59 PM
Manly is going to throw the bank at Elgey after today's performance.

Great win. Like i said, win or lose, we are so much more fun to watch this season.

Also, we wouldn't have done our brand any damage over there in NZ today. Was great to see some of the local in titans gear.

So what's that, sixth spot on the ladder going into the bye? Very nice.

Hopefully that article in todays Bully about him staying will turn out right. His attack is coming on at a great rate, but he is going to get plenty running at him as opposition coaches see that his defence is terrible at the moment. However at this stage of his nrl career his positives far outweigh any thing else. Good to see his long cutout pass was ruled backwards this week.

teke
25-04-15, 01:59 PM
FFS are you being serious. The gimp stunk the joint up for 8 years and you are going to give him a pass because the last two we struggled financially. Sorry Mrs Cartwright but I'm not buying the bull**** you are selling.jesus Christ take a chill pill

5 Year Contract
25-04-15, 02:08 PM

Its a strange feeling isnt it being able to enjoy super saturday football again knowing that we are winning games and not fuming at how bad we played. Beer time!!

K2G
25-04-15, 02:10 PM
ABC commentators annoyingly kept called LG ... Kane Elger.....

At different times today, I heard Halligan:

* Say Zillman has been our best/most dangerous this year
* Say Nate Myles could play 5/8
* Call us the Tigers
* Mispronounce Elgey as 'ElGey, Elger and Elegey'

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully that article in todays Bully about him staying will turn out right. His attack is coming on at a great rate, but he is going to get plenty running at him as opposition coaches see that his defence is terrible at the moment. However at this stage of his nrl career his positives far outweigh any thing else. Good to see his long cutout pass was ruled backwards this week.

His defense is terrible?!! For a smaller half, with a hand full of first grade games under his belt, I could not disagree more.

Toads
25-04-15, 02:18 PM
His defense is terrible?!! For a smaller half, with a hand full of first grade games under his belt, I could not disagree more.

With all due respect, mate. I tend to think (or like to think) LG has a lil' bit more to offer defensively than what Princey did in his later years with us.

Prince would come off after 80 minutes with his socks still pulled up 'n not a single grass stain to be seen anywhere on him.. /jokes. :p

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 02:25 PM
I think LG had 4 missed tackles today which was probably the average across the team. I'm used to seeing halves being targeted in defence to tire them out etc, but our middle defence is something worth barking about.

teke
25-04-15, 02:26 PM
At different times today, I heard Halligan:

* Say Zillman has been our best/most dangerous this year
* Say Nate Myles could play 5/8
* Call us the Tigers
* Mispronounce Elgey as 'ElGey, Elger and Elegey'

- - - Updated - - -

His defense is terrible?!! For a smaller half, with a hand full of first grade games under his belt, I could not disagree more.Halligan has no idea, that Nate Myles comment was disturbing

Mexican titan
25-04-15, 02:28 PM

I did say, at this stage of his career. Happy for you to disagree but he will be getting heaps of traffic coming at him which hopefully will help him improve. However after a win like that and the way we are playing this year I don't want to dwell on anything other than the positives.
nrl.com says first time we have scored 30 plus 3 weeks in a row.

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 02:28 PM
Missed tackles:

Ryan James 5
LG 4
Moseley 5
Bird 4
Myles 5
Douglas 4
Burr 5 (with limited minutes)

Titanic Believer
25-04-15, 02:32 PM
I would have been gutted if they got run down. Great win with really entertaining, enterprising football. Great defence at times but ooh so brittle at others. What was the missed tackle count? Like last week they could have been way behind by half time.

Mexican titan
25-04-15, 02:36 PM
Missed tackles:

Ryan James 5
LG 4
Moseley 5
Bird 4
Myles 5
Douglas 4
Burr 5 (with limited minutes)

Interesting stats. James tops the missed tackles yet i had him as a standout. In fact looking at that list all of them except Burr were strong.

DavidBouveng
25-04-15, 02:44 PM
I listened on radio.

Will watch tonight. LG is performing as well as almost any half in the game besides jt right now, and A Reynolds before he was injured.

He is getting better every week. But that had to top out soon.. 2 tries, 3 assists will be hard to edge out.

We are 4/4, but unrecognisable from the team that was 0-3, get a bye to rest up and re fresh for an attack on the next 8 week block of the season. We usually do well through this part as we only lose forwards, and face teams missing strike players. With better forward depth this year... We could make these 8 weeks our *****.

Sign LG, with whatever it takes. Ryan James would probably kick in some cash. They are building a wonderful combination.

teke
25-04-15, 02:45 PM
A normal missed tackle count vs a warriors team playing at home.

TITAN PETE
25-04-15, 02:49 PM
Interesting stats. James tops the missed tackles yet i had him as a standout. In fact looking at that list all of them except Burr were strong.

James can miss 5 tackles when he make 34 very solid tackles every week

He was also awarded Man of the Match

JunctionBlock
25-04-15, 02:49 PM
They were the worst, in no order.

Sezer missed 3, Pettybourne, Hoffman, Don and Robinson 1 each.

In positive stats, we had 9 players over 100 run metres. Remember the days when we couldn't get one player over 100 run metres!

Hail Sezer
25-04-15, 03:03 PM
Buzzing. Will post review tomorrow. Silencing a vocal warriors crowd is very pleasing

teke
25-04-15, 03:25 PM
This team can burst into top 6, playing this type of footy

gotitans101_
25-04-15, 03:36 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the Sezer / Elgey combination is working beautifully atm? I'm actually sad we're going to lose Sezer next year, he's stepped his game up big time.

Mexican titan
25-04-15, 03:48 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the Sezer / Elgey combination is working beautifully atm? I'm actually sad we're going to lose Sezer next year, he's stepped his game up big time.

Not dismissing what you have said but the Elgey/James combo is the one that has got me rapt. The difference in this team from last year is simply bloody amazing. I was hoping that for this year they would playing at the end of the season with more zip than last year. That it's happened in a number of weeks is amazing as they had to be deprogrammed from the robots they have been the last few years.

- - - Updated - - -

Buzzing. Will post review tomorrow. Silencing a vocal warriors crowd is very pleasing

I am rapt for you that you saw something special.

DavidBouveng
25-04-15, 04:19 PM
I agree MT, I said the same. They could play 10 years together.

But how inspired was Henry's choice to a) move James to the edge, and b) get him playing there so well so quickly. Hitting lines like he's done it forever.

Titanic
25-04-15, 06:01 PM
Elgey/DCE, assuming that happens, will be lethal.

I've just got say that the Warriors didn't come to mess around either … we may have had some errors but the team earn that win on the back of some courageous stuff. We were pretty busted heading towards Elgey's, or whatever his name is, :) try.

Funny how nobody has mentioned that Falloon wasn't missed … and he wasn't. This will get Mortimer into the team perhaps … surely not … sorry to dampen the party … yoohoo what a day.

Elgey, Moseley, James, Roberts, Paasi and Burr could easily play ten years together, Carter too if we can keep him.

teke
25-04-15, 07:08 PM
Highly unlikely due to the fact Elgey will announce his future soon :p

Toads
25-04-15, 07:33 PM
So.. this coming week could be a big one in regards to signings of both Elgey and Roberts (and possibly Myles)?

gotitans101_
25-04-15, 08:21 PM
Elgey 121 pts on Supercoach, holy fark that's massive. Just a shame I didn't play him last week or this week. We have to do EVERYTHING in our power to keep this kid, there would be nothing worse than to lose him to Manly of all teams (and I mean no disrespect to the Manly supporters on this forum by saying that).

teke
25-04-15, 08:36 PM
Elgey 121 pts on Supercoach, holy fark that's massive. Just a shame I didn't play him last week or this week. We have to do EVERYTHING in our power to keep this kid, there would be nothing worse than to lose him to Manly of all teams (and I mean no disrespect to the Manly supporters on this forum by saying that).Wont bother me, he and dce will feed Mead all day long like he has Wolfman the last few yrs

karnage
25-04-15, 08:40 PM

These are the scores we have out up in the last three matches. Unbelievable!!! Where are all the Carty lovers now?? We wouldn't have put this many points up under him even if we played three consecutive games against Q Cup teams!!

Can't wait to watch this game tonight after the Broncos v Eels game. I think I'll go to bet with 10min to go. :thumbsup:

teke
25-04-15, 08:49 PM

These are the scores we have out up in the last three matches. Unbelievable!!! Where are all the Carty lovers now?? We wouldn't have put this many points up under him even if we played three consecutive games against Q Cup teams!!

Can't wait to watch this game tonight after the Broncos v Eels game. I think I'll go to bet with 10min to go. :thumbsup:West Tigers 2005, just out score the opponents at all costs

karnage
25-04-15, 09:29 PM
I can confirm that in the history of the club we have never scored as many points total in a three game stretch.

In rounds 7, 8 and 9 in 2010 we won three games in a row and scored a total of 100 points, and that was our previous best.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/teams/gold-coast-titans/results.html

Smakked
25-04-15, 10:21 PM
Great win today.
Such a different side when you have a coach who has a clue. We actually have some nice set plays and some attacking flair. James Ryan is killing it of late.

Titanic Believer
25-04-15, 10:30 PM
By all the stats except points on the board, we should have lost that game. Glad we didn't just saying......completions, errors, penalties, missed tackles, time in possession. If we want to be real contenders there is a lot to do

Titanic
25-04-15, 11:58 PM
I won't argue against stats but rugby league has a way of being more about the quality of the plays and now that players seem to have a roaming licence then we will trouble all the robotic Bellamy clones … Cartwright tried to micromanage the team but Henry has let the rugby league come out … I know which one I like.

karnage
26-04-15, 08:54 AM
I just finished watching the replay, that win was better than advertised. Elgey showed us, and unfortunately everyone else in the comp(!!) just how good he can be. Mosely and James were excellent as well, along with Bird and Myles through the middle.

MODS: Anyone who calls for team changes this week can have their account closed!! :p

Julius Sezer
26-04-15, 09:19 AM
The way Titans are playing now makes you scratch your head and think why couldn't Carty do the same with all the amount of time he had to build the team. And also why couldn't he utilise the speed we had with our outside backs. Watching Titans play last year and comparing it with this year makes you think we are two totally different teams..

JunctionBlock
26-04-15, 10:05 AM
At the risk of having my account closed, DT will walk back into the team at the expense of Burr or Robinson and pending what happened to Falloon, Mortimer may get the nod over Srama. Before I get thumbs down, I'm not saying that's what I want, but what I feel may happen due to King's comments at the start of the year when listing Srama's ranking in the hooker stakes as being below Mortimer.

Hail Sezer
26-04-15, 10:35 AM
Long day at the footy but enjoyable all round. We were there from the u20's at 9:30 and to be fair there were a few more titans supporters at the NRL game than I expected. Nothing to make the slightest dent on the Warriors fans obviously, but enough there to piss the Warriors fans off whenever we scored.

The ANZAC service was superb as well. Everyone in the crowd was respectful and there was none of that attention seeking shouting during moments of silence. It was great.

On the NRL game..
All of it has pretty much been summed up in this thread. Elgey, Moseley, Roberts all need to be locked up for 3 years+. They're sparking our attack and bringing enthusiasm that adds value to our playing style. It's good to watch. Don was calling for that wide ball from LG for quite a few sets before he received it, because Wright kept rushing in. I thought that Kane in particular played with more confidence than he has thus far. Offloads and throwing those dummies all over the show was entertaining and had the Warriors fans on the edge of their seats every time he got the ball. He outshone Sezer and he's got some instincts there that can't be coached. We've got to keep him. His chemistry with James is awesome as well.

That shot that Roberts wore from Manu...how did he get up from that? Tough bloke...got absolutely smoked

The players came over after the game and I asked Kane if he would be with us next year and he looked me in the eye and said "I hope so". We hope so too Kane.

Bayside Titan
26-04-15, 11:01 AM
Great game and a breath of fresh air watching exciting football being played. I'm not getting ahead of myself and hope that we still finish 9-12. However I wish that we finish higher.

Toads
26-04-15, 12:49 PM
It's definitely been great to see us pile on 30+ points a game in the last few rounds, but I tend to feel we've pretty well only been doing it because of the other teams are having a off day. What I do still expect we will get towelled by any of the top 4 teams that are on fire on the day.

Yes were shaping up very nicely indeed, but we're still a ways off from the usual top 4 teams (minus Manly), and the quality of footy they're producing of late. But we are working in the right direction. :)

karnage
26-04-15, 01:06 PM
At the risk of having my account closed, DT will walk back into the team at the expense of Burr or Robinson and pending what happened to Falloon, Mortimer may get the nod over Srama. Before I get thumbs down, I'm not saying that's what I want, but what I feel may happen due to King's comments at the start of the year when listing Srama's ranking in the hooker stakes as being below Mortimer.

Haha!! I forgot about Dave Taylor to be honest.

Titanic Believer
26-04-15, 09:28 PM
I won't argue against stats but rugby league has a way of being more about the quality of the plays and now that players seem to have a roaming licence then we will trouble all the robotic Bellamy clones … Cartwright tried to micromanage the team but Henry has let the rugby league come out … I know which one I like.

I am loving what's happening after so many years of predictable attack. Especially having backs that look dangerous and actually get some room to move. My point about statistics is that they indicate a massive weakness when we come up against the better teams. Improving in those areas will lift us into the top tier of teams.

DIEHARD
26-04-15, 09:41 PM
As Titanic says, UNLEASH THE RUGBY LEAGUE!