DIEHARD
12-04-15, 12:02 AM
TITANS vs PANTHERS

TITAN PETE
12-04-15, 06:56 AM
Looks like Roberts won't be terrorized by Idriss this time around

TITAN PETE
12-04-15, 11:59 AM
Idriss, Taylor,Soward & Wallace out so there will be no excuses if we are beaten on Saturday

Squinter98
12-04-15, 12:03 PM
Very Winnable game

Supergoose
12-04-15, 12:05 PM
King has given Zillman and Hoffman opportunities at fullback. Time to give Mead or Elgey a run there.

It's currently our worst position. Perhaps leave Taylor at centre or bring in Crampton. Zillman / Hoffman or anyone to the wing outside Roberts as they won't get the ball anyway.

Hoping to see Elgey in the 17 but with Falloon and Mortimer due back I'm just not confident.

teke
12-04-15, 12:12 PM
Titans will beat the panthers comfortably

TITAN PETE
12-04-15, 12:24 PM
King has given Zillman and Hoffman opportunities at fullback. Time to give Mead or Elgey a run there.

It's currently our worst position. Perhaps leave Taylor at centre or bring in Crampton. Zillman / Hoffman or anyone to the wing outside Roberts as they won't get the ball anyway.

Hoping to see Elgey in the 17 but with Falloon and Mortimer due back I'm just not confident.

Crampton pulled out for Tweed through injury today so you would think he's no chance next week, LG is our only no7 choice & never a fullback..

TitansFan92
12-04-15, 01:04 PM
We will win this game for sure. Can definitely do a hell of a lot better job then Manly did last night.

teke
12-04-15, 01:13 PM
We will win this game for sure. Can definitely do a hell of a lot better job then Manly did last night.im sure the Titans first effort was 40 nil loss to the panthers. An obvious stir by yourself but I will bite

Hail Sezer
12-04-15, 05:10 PM
Hope Henry goes with the "why change a winning team" approach and keeps LG in the #7.

Titan4Life
12-04-15, 05:15 PM
Hope Henry goes with the "why change a winning team" approach and keeps LG in the #7.

Definitely agree. While LG has not been a world beater and it did seem like his mind was out of it yesterday, he is our best #7 available at the club. You'd have to think he'd keep his spot but Henry sounds like he is a big fan of Mortimer...

JunctionBlock
12-04-15, 05:23 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Hoffman's back injury?

teke
12-04-15, 06:06 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Hoffman's back injury?its prob bad, zilly fb forever

JunctionBlock
12-04-15, 08:37 PM
its prob bad, zilly fb forever

It happens after 20 mins anyway. Still in a better position than some teams.

Titanic
12-04-15, 08:53 PM
Panthers have some options for Idris like George Jennings … if Hoffman is out (it was a knee in the back?) and Zillman will not be moved then I would like Taylor out there and Paasi on the bench … surely Falloon and Mortimer can't just waltz in :duh2:

karnage
13-04-15, 09:10 AM
Every single week, regardless of the result people are on here calling for change. Henry has been roundly criticised for his vanilla team selections. But we are improving around a very young spine. We just scored 38 points at a ground where the hosts have a formidable recent record. This weeks team sheet should be a simple job of cut 'n paste from last Tuesday.

Bayside Titan
13-04-15, 02:03 PM
For Panthers Idris is out for the season with ruptured ACL. Good news for us.

Titan4Life
13-04-15, 02:19 PM
Bad news for us is that Pettybourne could miss one week if he takes the early guilty plea.

teke
13-04-15, 03:25 PM
For Panthers Idris is out for the season with ruptured ACL. Good news for us.not good news for his waistline

Toads
13-04-15, 03:40 PM
Give it a year or two 'n he'll look great in his old 2013 Titans jersey.. :p

ozynorts
13-04-15, 05:07 PM
Every single week, regardless of the result people are on here calling for change. Henry has been roundly criticised for his vanilla team selections. But we are improving around a very young spine. We just scored 38 points at a ground where the hosts have a formidable recent record. This weeks team sheet should be a simple job of cut 'n paste from last Tuesday.

"should be", lets hope so. Would hate to see Elgey dropped after a win.

Mexican titan
13-04-15, 05:42 PM
For Panthers Idris is out for the season with ruptured ACL. Good news for us.

I hope he doesn't go off the rails again. He seems a decent bloke who is always good value of any of the Fox shows he goes on and although there are many better centres I like watching him play.. I hope he stays on the straight and narrow for his sake.

DavidBouveng
13-04-15, 09:05 PM
not good news for his waistline

i wonder how much his weight is contributing to these injuries.

Hail Sezer
14-04-15, 11:59 AM
So with Petty out, I'd assume White and Paasi will occupy the bench spots? I wonder if Hala will come in to calculations. Hoping to see the same lineup as last week otherwise.

Hoff
Mead
TP
JR
Don
Sezer
LG
Douglas
Moseley
Myles
James
Taylor
Bird

Paasi
White/Hala
Simpkins
Burr

JunctionBlock
14-04-15, 12:07 PM
What about Falloon? Hasn't he finished his suspension?

JunctionBlock
14-04-15, 12:49 PM
Photos on the Titans site show Mortimer training and no photos of Elgey. I'm really sweating on team lists now.

Titan4Life
14-04-15, 12:56 PM
Expecting to see:

Hoffman
Mead
Roberts
Zillman
Don
Sezer
Mortimer
Douglas
Falloon
Myles
James
Taylor
Bird

White
Simpkins
Paasi
Moseley

Would love to see Moseley starting hooker though as he adds spark to our attack. Also hoping Elgey retains his spot because IMO Mortimer is not a halfback (he told me off for saying this last night actually). Wouldn't mind seeing Hala get a go either but he probably needs more time in QCUP and Passi has been awesome for us.

K2G
14-04-15, 12:57 PM
Photos on the Titans site show Mortimer training and no photos of Elgey. I'm really sweating on team lists now.

To be fair, Hala, Ridge and KFFL are seen training also (surely no hope of playing) and Elgey is standing in the back of one photo.... But yes, i panicked seeing those photos too.

Titan4Life
14-04-15, 04:24 PM
One positive sign is that Elgey wasn't named for Tweed.

DIEHARD
14-04-15, 04:45 PM
We have a good chance against Penrith and I'd be happy to see the same team named. Hopefully including LG.

Personally sad for Idris. But it'll help our cause this weekend. I think I remember him doing a lot of damage against us last time our sides met.

DIEHARD
14-04-15, 04:54 PM
Josh Mansour says Panthers will work to consolidate on victory despite injuries

The Penrith Panthers have rejoined the winner’s circle and regained their confidence, according to Josh Mansour.

The Penrith winger scored two tries in the team’s 22-12 win over the Manly Sea Eagles at Pepper Stadium on Saturday night.

“It was definitely a good win, coming off three losses, we were very desperate,” Mansour said.

“Manly always play for the full 80 minutes and we knew we had to be on our game in the second half. Our defence was a key point in that match and it won us the game.

“In saying that, it gave us a lot of confidence.”

“I’m happy with two tries, but it comes off the back of a great performance that night and I just want to continue my good form for the team for the rest of the year and hopefully cross for a few more tries.”

Coach Ivan Cleary was forced to make starting line-up changes after Peter Wallace was ruled out. Isaac John came into the halves alongside Api Koroisau.

Brent Kite also returned from a shoulder injury.

”We’re so lucky at the club to have outstanding depth and everyone is willing to put their hand up and do their part for the team,” Mansour said.

“Isaac John and Api have been outstanding and I’m sure the chemistry and their combination will work out perfectly for the team.”

Injury woes continue however with Jamal Idris out for the rest of the season after scans revealed a ruptured ACL, Wallace faces six weeks out and Elijah Taylor has a cartilage problem.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/

timor 2
14-04-15, 05:05 PM
Titans
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Anthony Don
3 James Roberts
4 William Zillman
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Kane Elgey
8 Luke Douglas
9 Beau Falloon
10 Nate Myles (c)
11 Ryan James
12 Dave Taylor
13 Greg Bird

Interchange
14 Matt White
15 Lachlan Burr
16 Ryan Simpkins
17 Kierran Moseley
18 Agnatius Paasi

TitansFan92
14-04-15, 05:25 PM
Titans
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Anthony Don
3 James Roberts
4 William Zillman
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Kane Elgey
8 Luke Douglas
9 Beau Falloon
10 Nate Myles (c)
11 Ryan James
12 Dave Taylor
13 Greg Bird

Interchange
14 Matt White
15 Lachlan Burr
16 Ryan Simpkins
17 Kierran Moseley
18 Agnatius Paasi

Henry is starting to remind me of Cartwright in that as soon as an injured/suspended player is available they just waltz back into the starting side. I don't see why you change a winning side other then Pettyborne.

karnage
14-04-15, 05:26 PM
Good to see that Hoffman is fit to be named. I am dead set amazed that we have not opened favorite for this game. I expect that we will start favorite, so if you want to have a bet on us at around the $1.95 - $2 that is currently available I'd get in early.

Penrith's last start win was a sham. They were at home to the wooden spoon favorites and got a glut of second half penalties and still only fell over the line. Weakened further by injury and we are basically full strength. People will look at the 40-0 from Rd 2 and say we are no chance, but even in that game (when Penny were full strength) we only trailed by 8 at HT and created a host of opportunities.

I am very confident we win this.

Toads
14-04-15, 05:48 PM
Henry is starting to remind me of Cartwright in that as soon as an injured/suspended player is available they just waltz back into the starting side. I don't see why you change a winning side other then Pettyborne.

Yup, wasting space naming Falloon, Mosley should waltz straight in be done with it 'n save the bench space for someone else like say Crampton for instance (we're looking for a Centre). I'm sure Falloon could survive in QCup for a couple of rounds..

JunctionBlock
14-04-15, 05:57 PM
Falloon does a lot for our defence that Moseley doesn't. I wouldn't have thought any different. He's our number 1 hooker as far as the clubs concerned. I'm just glad that Moseley retained his spot over possibly a Mortimer coming back.

Sigh of relief that Elgey is named over Mortimer. With another win this weekend hopefully that means Mortimer won't waltz back into the team when fully fit provided Elgey doesn't announce a move next season.

Hopefully Paasi finds his way into the team somehow.

RenegadeGC
14-04-15, 06:03 PM
Hazard is also back but named as starting hooked for Burleigh QCup

Show and Go
14-04-15, 06:17 PM
Why is Falloon rushed back into the side? He is average at best.

TitansFan92
14-04-15, 06:46 PM
Falloon does a lot for our defence that Moseley doesn't. I wouldn't have thought any different. He's our number 1 hooker as far as the clubs concerned. I'm just glad that Moseley retained his spot over possibly a Mortimer coming back.

Sigh of relief that Elgey is named over Mortimer. With another win this weekend hopefully that means Mortimer won't waltz back into the team when fully fit provided Elgey doesn't announce a move next season.

Hopefully Paasi finds his way into the team somehow.

Yes he does a lot for our defense but he kills our attack. Moseley sparks our attack and is ok in defense with a bit more work at training he will be great in defense. But just letting Falloon waltz back into the starting side is like a slap in the face for Moseley. That is why good players will leave this club because our coach plays favorites.

JunctionBlock
14-04-15, 07:01 PM
Favourites???? I think Moseley knows where he stands. As for playing defence and attack, that's where it's up to the coach to get it right.

Supergoose
14-04-15, 07:20 PM
While I'm not surprised and agree that Falloon should've been named, it has been stark the difference that the great service that Moseley has provided has made. Falloon is a decent first grade hollering both attack and defence but I've been thoroughly impressed by Moseley. Great to see Kane get another opportunity. It's also good to see some continuitY and I hope Paasi can get on the park again soon. Titans should start favourites, haven't been able to say that for a while.

Titanic
14-04-15, 07:30 PM
I just hope we can cover the ten points that everybody's favourite will let in.

Mexican titan
14-04-15, 08:15 PM
Penrith's last start win was a sham. They were at home to the wooden spoon favorites and got a glut of second half penalties and still only fell over the line.
I am very confident we win this.

In the interests of accuracy......the Titans are the wooden spoon favourites then Canberra. Manly, who played Penrith last start are third "favourites" for the spoon. Just had to clear that up.:cry:

- - - Updated - - -

Favourites???? I think Moseley knows where he stands. As for playing defence and attack, that's where it's up to the coach to get it right.

I agree with all the comments preferring Moseley over Falloon however I am hoping that Henry is just looking after Moseley a bit. Many young blokes come into the NRL and by the end of the year they are stuffed, due to pressure, lack of hard game experience etc. I think (hope) that Henry is bringing him along a bit slower in the hope he is protected a bit which will benefit us in the future.

Mexican titan
14-04-15, 08:50 PM
A couple of weeks ago we were stitched up by Gavin Badger in the video refs box and how he continued to ref NRL after that and his on field efforts is a mystery. This week we have his wife on the sideline in the NRL game. Congratulations to Casey on her achievement and I hope she is more competent than her husband.

Supergoose
15-04-15, 07:17 AM
Read a tweet that stated she got the tackle count wrong 3 times in a game a couple of weeks back. Good to seewhys NRL reward performance in the referee ranks just like the Titans do.

Mr Stupid
15-04-15, 08:55 AM
A couple of things...

1. Mortimer was never going to come back this weekend, he is stilll recovering despite having a training run. All the youngsters need to play well enough to keep their spots (Elgey and Moseley). A Moseley/Mortimer rotation might be fun.

2. Perhaps the hooker rotation aint such a bad thing. I always admired Socceroos coach Guus Hiddink because of his ability to inject energy at crucial times during a game. Moseley coming off the bench when the big forwards are tiring may work ok.

teke
15-04-15, 12:37 PM
Elgey should never lose his spot to anyone on the Titans books. His form since debut is everything I hoped for, he will get better and better.

JunctionBlock
15-04-15, 01:31 PM
Elgey should never lose his spot to anyone on the Titans books. His form since debut is everything I hoped for, he will get better and better.

Unless he signs with Manly.

Titanic
15-04-15, 03:07 PM
Why there is any talk about Mortimer just amazes me … Mortimer in the halves, Mortimer in 9, Mortimer on the bench … it's as bad as Zillman and bloody ridiculous ... he has been average at every club he's been at and we owe him nothing … sign Elgey and stop the friggin' debate.

Toads
15-04-15, 08:11 PM
Why there is any talk about Mortimer just amazes me … Mortimer in the halves, Mortimer in 9, Mortimer on the bench … it's as bad as Zillman and bloody ridiculous ... he has been average at every club he's been at and we owe him nothing … sign Elgey and stop the friggin' debate.

But he's a Mortimer!!!

DIEHARD
16-04-15, 12:18 PM
Gold Coast Titans v Penrith Panthers
Cbus Super Stadium Saturday, 3pm

If a week is a long time in rugby league it must feel like an eternity since Round 2 for two teams with vastly different-looking rosters for Saturday's Round 7 clash at Cbus Super Stadium.

When the Titans travelled to Bathurst to play Penrith five weeks ago they did so without the services of Greg Bird, Dave Taylor and Beau Falloon who were under a club-imposed suspension while the injury toll for the Panthers has continued to climb with each week that has passed.

Robert Jennings is the latest Panther to be handed an NRL debut and will partner Waqa Blake in the centres following the season-ending ACL injury to Jamal Idris.

Apisai Koroisau and Isaac John will again fill the positions in the halves vacated by Jamie Soward and Peter Wallace but Elijah Taylor has been named in the forward pack despite suffering a knee injury against Manly last Saturday.

Despite the disruptions to their 17 the Panthers have continued winning to maintain a position in the top eight and boast a highly skilful outfit across the park not reliant on a sole creative hand.

Much of the creativity for the Titans in recent weeks has been courtesy of a couple of former Panthers with James Roberts catapulting himself to the top of the NRL try-scoring tally with seven tries and hooker Kierran Moseley's first grade education progressing quickly.

The Titans have won just one game at home since their Round 6 defeat of the Broncos last year but after breaking the shackles and scoring 38 points against the Eels last week have no better chance to finally give the locals something to cheer about.

Watch Out Titans: They may be without both their first-choice halfback and five-eighth but the key to Penrith's creativity lies with their precociously talented fullback, Matt Moylan. Through six rounds Moylan leads the NRL in both try assists and line-break assists and when his team needed greater input last week he obliged in style, laying on two tries, two line-break assists, making a line break of his own, running for 151 metres and kicking three goals from four attempts. While ever Moylan is playing, the Panthers remain a dangerous outfit.

Watch Out Panthers: It's hardly a state secret but if the Panthers inexperienced halves are thinking about throwing cut-out passes to the left side of the field they might need to reconsider if James Roberts is anywhere in the vicinity. Roberts has used his blistering speed to sprint to the front of the NRL try-scoring tally but he has done so on the back of three intercept tries, two of which came last week against the Eels. If ever a strength could turn into a weakness, expect Panthers coach Ivan Cleary to try to lure the speedster out of the defensive line with a carefully constructed set move that will deliver six points for one team, or the other.

Key Match-up: The respective benches: There is an argument to be made that the Titans have a more settled starting 13 than the Panthers this week but it is the four on the bench where the mountain men may boast something of an edge. Tyrone Peachey is one of the purest footballers in the competition, Sam McKendry is a former Kiwi prop getting back to his best, Reagan Campbell-Gillard could be the biggest 21-year-old in the NRL and Isaah Yeo is a rangy type capable of causing havoc on the edges. Titans coach Neil Henry has named a five-man bench and he'll need to get the make-up just right to match what the Panthers are set to bring from the pine.

History: Played 12; Titans 4; Panthers 8.

The Panthers made it four on the trot against the Titans with their Round 2 40-0 shellacking in Bathurst, the third time in their past four meetings that they had scored at least 36 points. In nine of the 12 matches between these teams the total match points has totalled at least 40 points.

Did You Know: Four Panthers have scored hat-tricks against the Titans, three of whom have spent time at the Gold Coast club. In 2010 current Cowboys fullback Lachlan Coote scored a treble in a losing Panthers team, in Round 25, 2012 injured Titans centre Brad Tighe scored three tries in a 36-24 win for the Panthers and then in Round 17, 2013 the scintillating James Roberts tore the Titans to shreds in a 40-18 win for the mountain men. Former Titan Jamal Idris came back to haunt Gold Coast in Round 2 this year, scoring a hat-trick in the Panthers' big win.

What Are The Odds: Titans $1.93 v Panthers $1.87.

The Titans have been well supported at home and are as popular dollar-wise as the Panthers. There's more money on Gold Coast to win 13-plus than all of Sportsbet's other margin options combined. Latest odds at Sportsbet.com.au

Match Officials: Referee: Jared Maxwell. Assistant Referee: Chris James. Touch Judges: Adam Reid and Kasey Badger. Video Referees: Steve Clark and Luke Patten.

Televised: Fox Sports – Live 3pm.

The Way We See It: A patched-up Panthers were brave in knocking over Manly last week but valour only takes you so far in the NRL. They are decimated by injuries to key players and have what must be the youngest three-quarter line in the competition. Buoyed by a big win over the Eels, the Titans have shown that there was substance to narrow losses early in the season and should play with greater freedom on Saturday. Their recent home record is horrendous but something they are due to overcome. Titans by 10 points.

http://www.nrl.com/

DIEHARD
16-04-15, 12:53 PM
NRL Preview: Titans v Panthers

The Titans are coming off a dominant victory against the Eels and welcome back Beau Falloon who returns from a two-week suspension as starting hooker. Kierran Moseley makes way, dropping back to the bench while Eddy Pettybourne has been suspended for a week.
The Panthers come into the match as underdogs despite destroying the Gold Coast 40-0 in Round 2. They have a new-look backline following the season-ending ACL injury to Jamal Idris. The third Jennings brother, Robert, makes his debut in the centres but may have a limited amount of time to prove his value with Dean Whare set to return to the team in the next couple of weeks.

Reason To Watch:
Nigel Plum v Greg Bird in the middle. Two violent hitters who can change the game with their physicality in the middle.

Reason To Turn Away:
Isaac John and Apisai Koroisau have looked lifeless in the halves for the Panthers at times. They need to be a bit more creative to ensure some entertaining attacking football.

Lurker Alert: Titans coach Neil Henry is determined to weed out under-performing players to ensure DCE has a half-decent roster to work with in 2016

Final Word: Both sides got back into the winners’ circle with last start victories against under-strength opposition. The Panthers will be slightly weaker this weekend without big Jamal while the Titans will be strengthened by the return of the underrated Beau Falloon at hooker. They’ll be too good for the Panthers in this one, who will struggle with their makeshift halves combination. Titans by 6.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/

Titanic
16-04-15, 01:01 PM
Our chances have plummeted with these blokes tipping us … Titans by 2

karnage
16-04-15, 03:55 PM
In the interests of accuracy......the Titans are the wooden spoon favourites then Canberra. Manly, who played Penrith last start are third "favourites" for the spoon. Just had to clear that up.:cry:

- - - Updated - - -

Wow!! I had only heard that Manly were favorites, your post made me check my facts and I took a bit of the $4.50 - $5 that's floating around about the Sea Eagles. Thanks mate, that's overs!! We won't win it, I like the way we are travelling and Canberra are massively under rated. They are playing surprisingly hard for Ricky and will be hard to beat at home when the cold weather sets in.

- - - Updated - - -

A couple of things...

1. Mortimer was never going to come back this weekend, he is stilll recovering despite having a training run. All the youngsters need to play well enough to keep their spots (Elgey and Moseley). A Moseley/Mortimer rotation might be fun.

2. Perhaps the hooker rotation aint such a bad thing. I always admired Socceroos coach Guus Hiddink because of his ability to inject energy at crucial times during a game. Moseley coming off the bench when the big forwards are tiring may work ok.

I agree with both points, especially the second one. Playing Mosely off the bench is playing to his strengths and allows him to use his better service and speed against a tiring defensive line.

If Elgey gets sent back to Q Cup for a few weeks here and there it won't hurt him. Unlike the Cartwright years, we want to be playing as well or better at the end of the year than we are now. Remember how badly we used to fade out of ever season under Carty?? Young Elgey would probably make it to round 16-17 (tops) if he is played every week in his debut year. Same with Mosely and maybe even James Roberts.

Julius Sezer
16-04-15, 10:10 PM

For the football fans here on the forum Elgey reminds of James Rodriguez (when he just joined Real Madrid). Initially he was going ok/good nothing special but nothing bad either but game after game he grew and built on and now halfway thru the season James has showed why he is one of the best players in his position. Same thing will happen with Elgey.

JunctionBlock
17-04-15, 07:52 AM
And we now have to contend with poor ticket sales and the southern stand being shut down. Bring on the negative headlines. Happens every week in Sydney but is major news when the Titans have to do it.

5 Year Contract
17-04-15, 07:56 AM
I think we got this! Hopefully we use last week as a leaping block to kickstart our season....not to be a downer but given the recent history most of our good wins are followed up by error riddled halves of football and deflating losses. This year we look dangerous in attack and I would love to see us get one back on Penrith after our poor showing earlier this year.

**just double checked the team list.....Falloon starting over Mosely!!!???? still not impressing me with your selections Henry.....**

Mexican titan
17-04-15, 08:54 AM
And we now have to contend with poor ticket sales and the southern stand being shut down. Bring on the negative headlines. Happens every week in Sydney but is major news when the Titans have to do it.

I just read this in the Bully. I am wondering if they meant the north stand instead as far more people generally sit in the southern end than the northern end plus it's closer to the entry from the trains and buses. But you can guarantee if Govt people were involved they will stuff it up.
Interesting how Stadiums Qld want to make it expensive for hirers yet it's our taxes that built the bloody grounds and pay the wages of Stadiums Qld staff.

Hail Sezer
17-04-15, 09:29 AM
Tony Webeck reporting that the last bench spot will be between Paasi and Burr. That's a toughie..

DavidBouveng
17-04-15, 10:35 AM
I just read this in the Bully. I am wondering if they meant the north stand instead as far more people generally sit in the southern end than the northern end plus it's closer to the entry from the trains and buses. But you can guarantee if Govt people were involved they will stuff it up.
Interesting how Stadiums Qld want to make it expensive for hirers yet it's our taxes that built the bloody grounds and pay the wages of Stadiums Qld staff.

i think it is the southern. whichever end is to the right of the western stand. i have a mate that is a member and he is getting upgraded to western stand seats for this game.

TITAN PETE
17-04-15, 10:36 AM
Tony Webeck reporting that the last bench spot will be between Paasi and Burr. That's a toughie..

If Paasi is fit it's a no contest , should be between Burr & White but with Pettybourne out White's size may be required

Cowboy Titan Pete
18-04-15, 08:02 AM
Good luck Guys. Win this game, and I think you can and you are back in for the big dance. With the Donkeys loss last night and a Titans win against the Panthers today you will only be Two wins from Number 1 spot forgetting for and against which mean nought this early in the season.

If this weekend plays out like all the others you could be only one win out of the eight and all of a sudden you are back in it.

This year looks to be the toughest ever and plenty of top teams are going to be shaken out of the tree each week. Those that can hang on are going to find them selves prominent on the ladder.

No team looks a certainty, well many do before the game, but unfortunately the result after the games tells us otherwise. This is a very important must win game for the Titans which will do wonders for the confidence of the Team and help to stop some of the negativity thrown around which can only improve the Titan's chance of holding on to DCE.

While their is hope their is life. This game today has a lot riding on it, much more than the two points on offer. With the Panthers in disarray with injuries and on a downward form spiral this is your day. The Panthers will try to talk up their win over Manly, but really.

If your forwards can get over the top of Penrith then I can see Moylan frustrated and isolated at the back and then neutralised. Your backs will have a field day. I have a strong opinion of Anthony Don and Roberts is in scintillating form.

A must win game.

Pete

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 01:51 PM
Good news for us. Eijah Taylor has been ruled out.

- - - Updated - - -

Also some bad news for us from Webeck, Nate Myles will be a late withdrawal due to his calf injury.

K2G
18-04-15, 02:26 PM
CAPTAIN ZILLMAN!!

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 02:27 PM
William Zillman captain today.....lets all just let that sink in

DavidBouveng
18-04-15, 02:39 PM
im letting that news just wash over me. does that mean he can just move himself to fullback after one set?

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 02:41 PM
im letting that news just wash over me. does that mean he can just move himself to fullback after one set?

Zillman will move himself to halfback. " See guys! we dont need DCE!! you still got 2 more years of the zill!!!"

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 03:18 PM
How the hell was that not a knock on??!!! 6-0 Panthers poor start from us penalties and simple errors

- - - Updated - - -

Elgy spills the ball over the try line. siiiigghhhh

gotitans101_
18-04-15, 03:19 PM
Falloon's miss on Plum, absolutely disgraceful.

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 03:22 PM
Great try! Beautiful kick by elgy and well done ZILLY!!!

gotitans101_
18-04-15, 03:22 PM
Nice kick LG!

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 03:23 PM
Grubber behind the line seems to be Elgey's special! What a kick and what a try!

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 03:23 PM
Zillmans first try at home since round 12 2013 haha!! Kick missed 4-6 now

TitansFan92
18-04-15, 03:26 PM
Excellent try. Great kick by LG and awareness from Zillman

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 03:33 PM
Beautiful play! Beautiful try! For gods sake RESIGN ELGEY NOW!!!!!!!

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 03:35 PM
Alright Elgey has convinced me. RE-SIGN HIM NOW! Playing with absolute class this game with 2 try assists and his kicking game has been superb.

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 03:47 PM
typical titans...score a try, lose the ball immediately, give away a silly penalty

- - - Updated - - -

Matt White 3 back to back penalties...for gods sake what is his appeal????

- - - Updated - - -

10-6 To us halftime. Typical half from us. Elgey is having his best game to date for us. Still too many silly penalties and errors from us but if we can tighten it up in the second half and shut down their offloads we should win this easy.

DavidBouveng
18-04-15, 03:49 PM
does matt white know the rules?

if he got penalised again i wish the ref WOULD sin bin him. so dumb.

and that last 'offload' from burr was a strip no question about it. refs not up to it today.

also, its like the refs think Moylan is already darren lockyer. treating like a mini god already.

TITAN PETE
18-04-15, 03:55 PM

and that last 'offload' from burr was a strip no question about it. refs not up to it today.

also, its like the refs think Moylan is already darren lockyer. treating like a mini god already.

Mate you have missed out by not sitting in your seat Gavin Badger is sitting in front of your seats & I've bee asking many questions with little response but I think I got under his skin when I asked if Mansor was his son...everyone else thought it was funny

lonegull
18-04-15, 03:56 PM
Pete, that is a dead set classic

gotitans101_
18-04-15, 03:59 PM
Burr solid first half, I thought his so called 'lost offload' was a strip also.

LG killing it on that left side, pleeeease we can't afford to lose him.

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 03:59 PM

Agreed some poor refereeing again today but its par for the course this year. Definitely a rough call on Burr at the end there. We seemed to gain more go forward when Moseley was on the field. I would definitely start him over falloon next week. This next 40mins is going to be a good measure of where we are at. We are currently winning nearly all the battles on the field barring except offloads. If we can come out and just execute the basics we should take this one easy!

Titanic
18-04-15, 04:00 PM
I am in the sticks in zhenjiang and just managed a connection. Keep the updates coming lads please very much appreciated.

gotitans101_
18-04-15, 04:04 PM
oops LG! Haha

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 04:07 PM
2 poor mistakes from Elgey haha thats what we get from praising him!

DavidBouveng
18-04-15, 04:08 PM
head up Elgey...

also, we are going ok, its a funky game from both teams, but we are missing petty more than our captain

gotitans101_
18-04-15, 04:09 PM
God damn White can't defend for ****.

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 04:12 PM
Poor start to the half from us so far some silly errors! Currently upstairs with the video ref! If they rule this a try I give up

- - - Updated - - -

PHEW! Paasi currently undergoing a fitness test to come back on. Fingers crossed we get him on and White off

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 04:29 PM
Zillman!! Open field and just got ankle tapped by Segyaro. Panthers held Falloon down and Penrith player sent off. We take the 2 and its 12-6 with 18 to go.

- - - Updated - - -

and Zillman just bombs a certain try

rj62
18-04-15, 04:29 PM
Zillman FFS!!!!!!!

Toads
18-04-15, 04:30 PM
How the **** do you drop a ball like that Zillman?

gotitans101_
18-04-15, 04:30 PM
it's always Zillman.........

K2G
18-04-15, 04:31 PM
Zillman needs to be charged with murder after that passage. Two certain tries dead at his hands. Nice work captain.

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 04:32 PM
And another huge break by Zillman!!! Im going to say it and I never thought i would...Zillman has played "well" today. Penalty to us in front 14-6

Hail Sezer
18-04-15, 04:32 PM
Zill has butchered 3 tries. Unfortunate because his running was really good.

Boonarga
18-04-15, 04:33 PM
Pass it to Don! Pass it to Mead! Two tries gone begging because he won't pass.

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 04:35 PM
James Roberts over under the posts after great take by james off the bomb and some great passing

- - - Updated - - -

Pass it to Don! Pass it to Mead! Two tries gone begging because he won't pass.

Jesus Zillman has no pace. He made some good breaks but you have speedsters on either side!

Toads
18-04-15, 04:36 PM
Who needs a DCE when you got a LG?

Sign the man today!!!

Titan4Life
James, Douglas and Roberts take a bow! Great chase by James and good work to Douglas getting it away.

K2G
People will say Zillman had a good game today... But my god, if i was one of the titans wingers i would be FILTHY. Such selfish play. He knew he had speedsters screaming for the ball on both occasions.

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 04:38 PM
Zillman does something good and makes a break but like you said K2G, the Titans wingers should be filthy at him. Two certain tries for Don and Mead if Zilly wasn't a hog.

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 04:42 PM
Titans putting some venom in with their hits to close out. I am loving this defense

- - - Updated - - -

Hoffman over again!!! This has been a great response by us today in the face of the DCE saga. Really showing we have some talent and as has been said over and over again. RE. SIGN. ELGEY!

rj62
18-04-15, 04:45 PM
Congrats King......all the off field drama, they turned up again.

Big effort

Titanic
18-04-15, 04:45 PM
How's the crowd you lucky lot?

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 04:46 PM
Zillman goes 100m to score hahaha!!! 32-6

K2G
18-04-15, 04:47 PM
Well F* me.

Hats of Zillman!

hahahahahahaha.

rj62
Zillman goes 100m to score hahaha!!! 32-6

Zillman - Man of the Match???

Toads
Is the 5 year contract starting to pay dividends? If so, it ****in' took long enough..

Titan4Life
ZILLMAN! WHAT A PLAYER :laugh:

Nearly falling off my chair from laughter from Kimmorley saying he deserves man of the match award :laugh:

Titanic
18-04-15, 04:48 PM
You're ****ting me

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 04:49 PM
Zillman - Man of the Match???

It is scarily possible today

- - - Updated - - -

You could see in Zillmans face in the open field when it dawned on him that he couldnt **** this one up

rj62
18-04-15, 04:52 PM
It is scarily possible today

- - - Updated - - -

You could see in Zillmans face in the open field when it dawned on him that he couldnt **** this one up

If so .... So be it.

Might not have been pretty but to have a convincing win at home is just a great feeling.
Let's just keep this momentum going.....

GCTTSD
18-04-15, 04:53 PM
Zilly played well today, maybe another 5 year contract as a reward?:laugh:

Hail Sezer
18-04-15, 04:54 PM
Good to get the win. Was Beau Falloon playing lock towards the end?

Good performances from everyone. LG had his best game yet and that wide ball he has is lethal. Everyone put in really and it was Zill's best game for a long time, even though he didn't pull the trigger on 2 passes which would have led to tries and then butchered another by dropping it cold. That defensive tenacity in the final 10 minutes was admirable and it was the first time in a long time I've actually seen us as being the dominant side and not just scoring from JR freak efforts or bombs etc.

An understrength Penrith team sure, but it was good to get the win and I look forward to the Warriors game next weekend. I'll be there.

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 04:55 PM
If so .... So be it.

Might not have been pretty but to have a convincing win at home is just a great feeling.
Let's just keep this momentum going.....

Yep great effort today. Was impressed with our defense we hit hard and defended our line extremely well today was great to see. Elgey getting better with each game his kicking and cut-out passes were outsanding today. Back to Back wins for the first time in a year!!! going to enjoy this one!

ozynorts
18-04-15, 04:56 PM
He turned up in the last 10 minutes, bombed two tries and is getting nominated for MOM by a commentator who said during the call "this is when the Titan's win games, when they defend well." Quality stuff Kimmorely.
Good to see the boys keep the foot on the throat and keep trying to score more points.
Elgey really showed today that he has what it takes. Sign the kid now and play him every week. Please no Mortimer. Don't mess with a winning team, especially the halves who are generating some good attacking plays.

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 05:01 PM
Great to finally get a win at home but our defence in the middle of the park and our ball handling definitely needs improving.

Zillman played a decent game but still can't understand some of the stuff he does. Made 2 good breaks down field with wingers unmarked in both but instead he hogs it and take it to ground. Two certain tries if he passed it. Not going to bag him too much because he had an improved game but he needs to think more.

While I still hope we can get DCE next season, Elgey had a cracker of a game today and keeping him would ease the blow if DCE reneged. Two great try assists and his kicking game was awesome. The try assist in the Hoffy try was just pure class to pass on the inside. We definitely need to keep him. You'd have to think Mortimer is gone from the side completely now.

Hoffman had his best game in Titans colours today. Didn't play bad at centre but I still don't understand why he doesn't stay at fullback? Much better there and has more impact.

Our defence on the line was really impressive today. Penrith had set after set on the line but we stuck together and scrambled. Good stuff.

Toads
18-04-15, 05:12 PM
Nothing to add that hasn't already been said. Apart from glad to see those that made it to the game today finally got to experience a win at home. Something that means a lot to me, considering I'm one of those that travel hundreds of kilometres to see a home game (these days). Very encouraging for those folk..

lonegull
18-04-15, 05:16 PM
A good win, scrambled well I thought in defence, we played all but 20 minutes with only 16 players then was down to 15 when simpkins went off so it showed players can fill different and unexpected voids, LG was again better than his last match and keeps improving Penrith threw everything at him and made him work defencely he held his own well his options in attach are sharp and seems to have that uncanny knack of reading the game a few plays ahead very wally Lewis esk. A good team effort all round

TitansFan92
18-04-15, 05:19 PM
Great win by the boys today. I can honestly say I couldn't care less if DCE stays at Manly. RE SIGN LG NOW!!! He was great today. His kicking game was on point and his passing was great. No way was that pass to Don Forward. It was thrown backwards and floated forward.

Ryan James has an excellent game today as did Taylor and Douglas and dare I say it so did Zillman. Yes he was a bit of a ball hog and dropped it when it was sure to be a try but his timing on runs and just being more involved was a lot better today.

I enjoyed it when Moseley and Falloon were both on the field. Falloon may make a good Lock. If we play like that next week against the Warriors minus a few poor errors we will be in with a good chance of winning it.

DavidBouveng
18-04-15, 05:23 PM
zillmans last 15 was a mix of the highest order. from butchering at least 2 tries with his inability to pass. I mean that literally. He cannot pass, so he doesnt.

then some redic running as well, where he was spinning, bumping, tripping and smiling in surprise at different points.

LG made his biggest leap forward.

our defense in the middle of field was poor at times, but the scramble and effort to repel was so good considering how often they were strolling through the middle in the first half.

White was not great. looking forward to having petty back.

Hail Sezer
18-04-15, 05:42 PM
Apparently Simpkins has likely done his ACL. Waiting for confirmation

GCTTSD
18-04-15, 05:53 PM
Thats bad news.. Simpkins has been pretty good for us this year

JunctionBlock
18-04-15, 06:14 PM
Just got home. I tell you what, you forget what it's like to be in that atmosphere when we play some decent footy. Maxwell did his best to screw us over but thankfully we pulled through. Oppostion offloads are still killing us. Elgey is making Zillman look good.

At the end of the game the fox crew did an interview with him on field, did that get televised, if so was there anything in it? I got down to the fence cause I wanted to look him in the eye and ask him if he was staying but he went the other way.

Any word on Paasi? Why did he go off and not return? and interesting that Myles plays with niggles all the time but pulls the pin game day but still goes down to warm the boys up. I think he's flying the coup unfortunately.

Anyway, great to get a win at home.

Bayside Titan
18-04-15, 06:37 PM
A good win and a good game by the boys. You can see that the patterns and the game plan that they have is starting to click as well as combinations as well.

Titanic Believer
18-04-15, 06:40 PM
I think Zillman gets so erratic he forgets what he's doing even how to run. I seem to have seen him drop the ball cold like that on a number of occasions.

Great to get a win after a really ominous start. There were holes up the middle miles wide. But most of all impressed how they regrouped. The pace returned to sanity and they shut them down. Now to do that for 80 minutes.

JunctionBlock
18-04-15, 07:03 PM
I thought it would be easier if we broke down Zillmans running style....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtpK9uxTZhE

K2G
18-04-15, 07:20 PM
Gotta hand it to Zillman, despite his many F* ups, he had a good game today, and so did plenty others. Playing like a team with some ticker and some smarts.

Will be interesting to see the line-up next week against the warriors.

Mortimer should be available, and if Mlyes, Simpkins and Paasi are all unfit, we should see at least one new face for 2015.

Mark Ioane was warming up with the boys this arvo pre-match, so you'd imagine he'd be next in the queue. I wonder how far off Hala is?

Such an enjoyable game today. Can't wait until next week.

#KeepElgey

Ausphin
18-04-15, 07:20 PM
Really happy for Elgey that he had a hand in a couple of tries. Also happy that in the last couple of weeks when he has been contemplating his future, we have had 2 big wins which he has been involved in. He also seems to be a popular member of the squad.

Might be wishful thinking on my behalf, but he seems to be a level headed kid who will hopefully chose to stay where he has grown up in a team that has put together 2 solid wins where he is liked and appreciated, rather than going to a team who is bottom of the table and has uncertainty about the coaching situation even though they may offer more $$.

Yankee Doodle Titan
18-04-15, 07:21 PM
I am cautiously optimistic about our finals chances after seeing the past two games. Lots of quick, clever, ambitious passing. And not dropping the damn ball in the process. Oh, and actually following through with the "chase" part of a "kick and chase."

Elgey needs to be re-signed. Just on his fourth game of top grade, you can already see that he's a legend in the making. Such quick instincts combined with skill and heart. Forget Cherry-Evans, this kid deserves all the financial TLC the Titans can give.

Oh, and I never thought I would say this, but frickin' William Zillman deserves to have a spot in the starting side next game. The side is lifting, and he's lifting as well, and so long as he keeps this up, I'm happy to eat everything I've spewed about him thus far.

Mexican titan
18-04-15, 07:31 PM
Cant add much after reading everyone's comments but it is great when you don't play that great but still win well. Good sign for the future. Only one person has mentioned him I think but I thought Douglas was absolutely great for us today. Best I have seen from him for ages.
Only 9k there but the crowd is really starting to get behind this team now that we have something to cheer about. Only 7 games into a new coach and the change is quite remarkable.

Titanic Believer
18-04-15, 07:33 PM
I thought it would be easier if we broke down Zillmans running style....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtpK9uxTZhE

That just about sums it up! A video is worth a thousand words. Just hope Zilly continues to bounce and flounce and learn how to pass and hold the ball.

DIEHARD
18-04-15, 07:37 PM
Just got done watching that game, dodging spoilers. Sometimes things don't go according to plan with livestream so I need to watch on delay.

But I was rewarded with a lovely and exciting game from the Titans. We felt genuinely threatening and played exciting football.

I was happy to see Hoffman get two tries after a confusingly barren year last year. I hope he becomes our fullback and no more switching.

Elgey was great and is really coming on. I don't know I like to pretend he is a young Alfie playing for the Jets bound for Origin stardom.

Ryan James, Taylor and Douglas were strong.

Great to win at home and reward the fans. And the fans seemed into it from kick off, very loud and involved.

Panthers certainly weren't an easy team to beat. But I was thankful for the sin binning.

I really want to see our club rewarded by the Rugby League Gods, we are on the right path and have done the right things. I want to see our long suffering fanbase rewarded. So today's two points meant a lot.

We showed plenty of exciting pace today. Loved Don's kick infield. One of my favourite moves. Too bad it didn't come off with Zillman. Who was both inspirational and comical. But I think had a good game.

DIEHARD
18-04-15, 07:39 PM
Highlights: Panthers vs Titans

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=d2cmRsdDopA0VN_Vosh8F5YLzKA6a1fg&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>

DIEHARD
18-04-15, 07:51 PM
Jesus one win from our last twelve home games before today?!

Round 2 - Wests Tigers - LOSS
Round 4 - Cowboys - WIN - 13-12
Round 6 - Broncos - WIN - 12-8
Round 9 - Souths - LOSS - 40-18
Round 11 - Warriors - LOSS - 24-16
Round 13 - Panthers - LOSS - 36-14
Round 14 - Storm - LOSS - 24-20
Round 15 - Dragons - LOSS - 19-18
Round 18 - Raiders - LOSS - 36-20
Round 20 - Parra - LOSS - 24-18
Round 23 - Manly - LOSS - 15-12
Round 26 - Bulldogs - WIN - 19-18

Round 1 - Wests Tigers - LOSS - 19-18
Round 3 - Newcastle - LOSS - 20-18
Round 5 - Broncos - LOSS
Round 7 - Panthers - WIN - 36-6

karnage
18-04-15, 08:27 PM
Well done if you were there!! I can't wait to watch my recording of this game, we are just so much fun to watch this year.

No Myles for this game hey...??

We really do have the makings of a very smart side. The thing that kills me that instead of basking in the glory of a strong home performance all I can do is worry about all of this DCE contract bullsh!t.

teke
18-04-15, 08:40 PM
I'm on a Bucks night, I told you on the 11/04/15 and backed up by jonnathonbcode thereafter that Titans will make the 8.

This style of play is gonna get the job done !!!

Hail Sezer
18-04-15, 09:03 PM
You guys seen the Courier Mail article? Can't post because I'm on phone but the title is "Elgey and his Titans stun wounded Panthers"

Elgey and his Titans. Love it.

karnage
18-04-15, 09:09 PM
I'm on a Bucks night, I told you on the 11/04/15 and backed up by jonnathonbcode thereafter that Titans will make the 8.

This style of play is gonna get the job done !!!

I just keep looking at the ladder and thinking where we'd be if we'd even split the two heartbreakers v the Tigers and Knights 1-1.

gotitans101_
18-04-15, 09:16 PM
You guys seen the Courier Mail article? Can't post because I'm on phone but the title is "Elgey and his Titans stun wounded Panthers"

Elgey made the 7 his own today. We can't let the Eagles take him, it's as simple as that.

DavidBouveng
18-04-15, 10:20 PM
Cant add much after reading everyone's comments but it is great when you don't play that great but still win well. Good sign for the future. Only one person has mentioned him I think but I thought Douglas was absolutely great for us today. Best I have seen from him for ages.
Only 9k there but the crowd is really starting to get behind this team now that we have something to cheer about. Only 7 games into a new coach and the change is quite remarkable.

mate i watched douglas quite closely today on the TV, and ive mentioned his passing at the line recently has been good.

Well today he went a step further and is really starting to 'quarterback it', rather than just throw the pass regardless. he was running towards the line, looking at the defence and if they were coming up he would pass, if they were further back or sliding, he took the extra metres and hit it up himself...sounds obvious, but aside from james Graham, so many just give the pass because that's part of the play. he was actually assessing the defence and playing off of it. so so encouraging.

we are getting slightly better every week, and after 7 weeks, the difference is stark.

i have a fair bit of faith in Henry right now, we just need to get this LG deal done. DCE honouring his commitment is secondary to me right now. as long as we sign elgey ill sleep well at night

shamus
18-04-15, 10:40 PM
It's hard to focus on all 17 out there to see who does what DB. Yep, Douglas from what I could see had a cracker. As did Taylor, but for me is was James. He was everywhere, and I am pretty sure the Panthers guys knew he was out there also.

Titanic
18-04-15, 11:29 PM
Moseley just gets the team going forward and those blokes can piggyback off that … Douglas is playing out of his skin this season and you couldn't ask for much more out of James and Taylor either, except perhaps some better discipline.

Did we miss Myles today? Yes we did or at least we missed another fair dinkum middle man and there are plenty of others around if 'poopy draws' takes off next season, e.g. Carter. White looked not on the same page again and when Pettybourne gets back we'll look a lot more competitive in the wrestle. Paasi going down probably means we have to live with White as Myles and Pettybourne will just slot in for Simpkins and Paasi.

I have to give it to Henry, although I am not sold on Zillman (understatement), he has persevered with him and he has responded with a couple of fair efforts. I would keep Hoffman at the back and seek somebody else but I look at the other club's centres and feel that they are also rocks and diamonds generally so this week I will lay off the tool :)

The other thing I like about the team is that the ball is at least being given a chance to do something and both halves and Moseley are doing fine … I'll bet Cartwright is sitting back thinking 'I created that team but nobody loves me' well, I reckon he should be thinking 'why wouldn't they play like that for me'?

How much more enjoyable are we to watch now than with Mortimer in the team? +200% imho.

DIEHARD
18-04-15, 11:34 PM

That's so rad. I really share the excitement of karnage and everyone.

Boonarga
19-04-15, 06:45 AM
Ryan James was the standout for me, amongst a host of good performances. Tackled everything, was good in attack, and I didn't see one stupid penalty from him?
Also, Elgey. Sign him. Whatever it costs.
The refs again stuffed up. No way that pass to Don was forward. How can they constantly make such simple errors?

JunctionBlock
19-04-15, 09:16 AM
Ryan James was the standout for me, amongst a host of good performances. Tackled everything, was good in attack, and I didn't see one stupid penalty from him?
Also, Elgey. Sign him. Whatever it costs.
The refs again stuffed up. No way that pass to Don was forward. How can they constantly make such simple errors?

If you're talking about the pass from Elgey to Don in the second half, it was a mile forward. It was in line with my seats. But if you wanna talk about getting screwed by the refs, it felt a better coming from Mrs Badger than Gavin.

Mr Stupid
19-04-15, 10:27 AM
Couple of things....

Our outside backs were great particularly in defence. Roberts and Meady really manned up on a tackle five mins from the end. The desire to defend that scoreline was palpable. Hoff was great in defence and should stay#1.

Zilly is agonising to watch. As he ran towards us for his 100m try in acres of space my son and I just started laughing thinking he was just going to trip over his own feet.

Small crowd but to us in the Eastern stand it felt 90% home fans getting their monies worth and some.��

DavidBouveng
19-04-15, 06:59 PM
Couple of things....

Our outside backs were great particularly in defence. Roberts and Meady really manned up on a tackle five mins from the end. The desire to defend that scoreline was palpable. Hoff was great in defence and should stay#1.

Zilly is agonising to watch. As he ran towards us for his 100m try in acres of space my son and I just started laughing thinking he was just going to trip over his own feet.

Small crowd but to us in the Eastern stand it felt 90% home fans getting their monies worth and some.��

good god is he awkward. his goofy running style makes me piss myself.

but he has some big involvements in the last 20. could have been the best 20 statistical mins by an NRL player in history if he had have dished those two passes.

Boonarga
20-04-15, 06:28 AM
If you're talking about the pass from Elgey to Don in the second half, it was a mile forward. It was in line with my seats. But if you wanna talk about getting screwed by the refs, it felt a better coming from Mrs Badger than Gavin.

Yes, that pass. It is irrelevant how the ball travels over the ground. Look at the position of the two players when it is passed, and again when it is caught. Then read the rule book. It was the rule when I got my badge 40 years ago and it's still the rule.
Notes on forward passes:
1. The direction of the pass is relative to the player making it and not to the actual path relative to the ground. A player running towards his opponents' goal line may throw the ball towards a colleague who is behind him but because of the thrower's own momentum the ball travels forward relative to the ground. This is not a forward pass as the thrower has not passed the ball forward in relation to himself. This is particularly noticable when a running player makes a high, lobbed pass.

JunctionBlock
20-04-15, 06:37 AM
Yes, that pass. It is irrelevant how the ball travels over the ground. Look at the position of the two players when it is passed, and again when it is caught. Then read the rule book. It was the rule when I got my badge 40 years ago and it's still the rule.
Notes on forward passes:
1. The direction of the pass is relative to the player making it and not to the actual path relative to the ground. A player running towards his opponents' goal line may throw the ball towards a colleague who is behind him but because of the thrower's own momentum the ball travels forward relative to the ground. This is not a forward pass as the thrower has not passed the ball forward in relation to himself. This is particularly noticable when a running player makes a high, lobbed pass.

Dude, it was forward a mile. It was a terrible pass out of the hands and momentum only takes it so far. The Titans fan in front of me made the comment we were lucky not to be penalised for an intentional forward pass. Anyway....

Mexican titan
20-04-15, 06:55 AM
Dude, it was forward a mile. It was a terrible pass out of the hands and momentum only takes it so far. The Titans fan in front of me made the comment we were lucky not to be penalised for an intentional forward pass. Anyway....

Hmm I will watch it again. We are up high but were not in line so had to rely on the screen and our thoughts at the time were if that was forward then there will be plenty of others pulled up. I only caught the fox commentators view partially but I thought they believed it was ok.
Doesn't matter I suppose when we won as well as we did. Regardless of whether the pass was forward or not I reckon the best thing is that Elgey is gaining the confidence to throw it in the first place.

Titanic
20-04-15, 10:17 AM
Yes have to agree that it was clearly forward having watched it again yesterday but also agree that the bloke that threw it has the licence to throw a few line-balls, it's what we have been craving or at least I have. Some other observations:

1. The left side looks so much better without Bird in it, how strange? The defence seems more coherent and the attack fluent except for the TP's inability to pass on the run ... catch and pass okay but his lateral view is very ordinary.

2. Can the same be said for the right side with Bird over there? Yes it can to some extent with the defence a lot better but the attack still needs a bit of work and has to improve once Roberts works out he has a scoring machine outside him.

3. Both fullbacks seem to have worked out that if they nack-up on the left then they will be put into holes but not on the right = Elgey > Sezer and how much better that will be Backflip still comes.

DavidBouveng
20-04-15, 12:52 PM
I think that pass ended up so forward that it will always get called as such, even though It was fairly flat out of the hands.

It happens heaps when blokes throw long traditional passes that aren't spirals. It's not momentum, but sometimes the way the wrists flick, or hand releases it gives the ball a real hooping arc.

Hope that makes sense.

Titanic
20-04-15, 01:10 PM
Sure DB, it's a matter of physics but in this case 'flat' would be the best he could get :)

Mr Stupid
20-04-15, 01:31 PM
I think that pass ended up so forward that it will always get called as such, even though It was fairly flat out of the hands.

It happens heaps when blokes throw long traditional passes that aren't spirals. It's not momentum, but sometimes the way the wrists flick, or hand releases it gives the ball a real hooping arc.

Hope that makes sense.

Elgey's pass was backward out of the hands. This quick video explains it. The call on saturday was wrong, wrong, wrong and I hate that refs bugger these fantastic plays up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=box08lq9ylg

teke
20-04-15, 01:52 PM
Elgey's pass was backward out of the hands. This quick video explains it. The call on saturday was wrong, wrong, wrong and I hate that refs bugger these fantastic plays up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=box08lq9ylgi dont agree with that vid, players just need to throw the ball backwards. Its actually a simple task

Mr Stupid
20-04-15, 01:56 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=box08lq9ylg

Now watch the Elgey pass...it's identical to the example. Kimmorley and Walters both call it correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R-H_zVHqGo

@ 19mins 30secs

- - - Updated - - -

i dont agree with that vid, players just need to throw the ball backwards. Its actually a simple task

In both the instructional video and the Elgey pass the ball is being passed backwards. I can't believe it's so difficult to see.

teke
20-04-15, 02:26 PM
Now watch the Elgey pass...it's identical to the example. Kimmorley and Walters both call it correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R-H_zVHqGo

@ 19mins 30secs

- - - Updated - - -

In both the instructional video and the Elgey pass the ball is being passed backwards. I can't believe it's so difficult to see.Its easy to see i just dont agree

Mexican titan
20-04-15, 02:49 PM
In both the instructional video and the Elgey pass the ball is being passed backwards. I can't believe it's so difficult to see.

I agree with you, Elgey definitely passed the ball backwards out of his hands. I guess the problem is when the ball travels so far forward over such a long distance (I reckon it went 4 metres forward) but as the rules stand, that should have been play on.
Old Warren Ryan used to use the example that if you are running at pace and throw the ball back over your shoulder it lands forward of where you passed it. Goes backwards out of the hands but sometimes it is impossible to have the ball actually travel backwards.

Mr Stupid
20-04-15, 03:25 PM
I agree with you, Elgey definitely passed the ball backwards out of his hands. I guess the problem is when the ball travels so far forward over such a long distance (I reckon it went 4 metres forward) but as the rules stand, that should have been play on.
Old Warren Ryan used to use the example that if you are running at pace and throw the ball back over your shoulder it lands forward of where you passed it. Goes backwards out of the hands but sometimes it is impossible to have the ball actually travel backwards.

That's right MT.

If fans, players and (most importantly) refs do not understand that a legal pass can travel forward over the ground then you can kiss goodbye to the spectacle of a speeding half throwing a bulliting pass to a rampaging winger because it will always go forward over the ground in that dynamic situation.

That will be a huge loss. We saw exactly how that will be when the refs spoilt the Elgey/Don piece of footballing brilliance on Saturday. For me, the best bit of footy in that game.

It's crucial that everyone be educated on this.

Boonarga
20-04-15, 03:58 PM
Yep. And the reason I made a big deal out of it is that Elgey is so good he is going to throw a lot of these. The refs need to learn the rules.

K2G
20-04-15, 05:38 PM
I'm with stupid. I thought backwards out of the hands, and still do after multiple re-watches.

The Rule:

The direction of a pass is relative to the player making it and not to the actual path relative to the ground. A player running towards his opponents’ goal line may throw the ball towards a colleague who is behind him but because of the thrower’s own momentum the ball travels forward relative to the ground. This is not a forward pass as the thrower has not passed the ball forward in relation to himself. This is particularly noticeable when a running player makes a high, lobbed pass.

Also, how good is this

script height="384px" width="682px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec=kxYmZsdDoXWz3z79ekFTdwwZk30Gq38k"

Urrghh... I can't seem to embed videos from the titans website. Click to view (http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/04/20/don_is_not_so_good_.html)

JunctionBlock
20-04-15, 06:09 PM
He pivots off his left foot for a left handed pass. Hands at best are flat at release. Ball travels 4-5 metres forward with momentum???? If it was any other team you'd be screaming forward pass.

Any physicists out there want to calculate what speed Elgey would have to be running for a ball to travel 4.5m forward from it's starting point after been thrown backwards?

Hail Sezer
20-04-15, 06:20 PM
LG is well known for that wide ball so expect a lot more of it. I remember in 20's last year he gifted Brian Kelly an insane number of tries with those massive passes. That pass along with his dummy are his trademarks.

K2G
20-04-15, 06:44 PM
He pivots off his left foot for a left handed pass. Hands at best are flat at release. Ball travels 4-5 metres forward with momentum???? If it was any other team you'd be screaming forward pass.

Any physicists out there want to calculate what speed Elgey would have to be running for a ball to travel 4.5m forward from it's starting point after been thrown backwards?

I can only comment, based on the angle provided by fox sports. If those at the ground said it looked forward from side on, then I defer to their call. But both commentators would've been side on, and they called backwards/line-ball [EDIT: Kevie Walters was right in line and his view was 'not forward at all ... went back from the hands' ... then again, he also said it didnt float forward haha]

How far the ball travels forward in the air because of momentum is irrelevant. I've re-watched frame by frame. You can say line-ball at best, but i say line ball at worst. Relative to himself, the ball went backwards. That is all that matters. He threw the exact same ball in the nines for a try to KFFL and that ball travelled even further forward in the air.

I think the rules are worded specifically to ensure those passes that float forward are not blown by the reff. Ultimately it's a 50/50 call, and personally I'd like to see those calls go towards the attacking team, regardless of which team it is. Makes for more exciting footy IMO.

Geeman
20-04-15, 07:40 PM
I'm just happy to be reading arguments over whether a pass was forward or not instead of who needs to be dropped for next week... :banana:

Mr Stupid
21-04-15, 08:36 AM

It's allowed to travel forward with momentum!!!!!

Can't you read the 'Rule' and watch the instructional video JB? If it wasn't allowed to go forward across the ground every player would have to stop and only pass while stationary.

Anyway, nobody's going to convince you otherwise if you don't want to see it. Just don't whinge if Elgey has his game stifled.

And for the record I would have called that a 'good' pass whoever threw it cos I hate the ignorance about the 'rule'.

JunctionBlock
21-04-15, 10:02 AM
It's allowed to travel forward with momentum!!!!!

Can't you read the 'Rule' and watch the instructional video JB? If it wasn't allowed to go forward across the ground every player would have to stop and only pass while stationary.

Anyway, nobody's going to convince you otherwise if you don't want to see it. Just don't whinge if Elgey has his game stifled.

And for the record I would have called that a 'good' pass whoever threw it cos I hate the ignorance about the 'rule'.

I understand what momentum is.

I watched your video, I've read the rule. I was there. I sit on the 50m line. Did you notice in your video how the example pivots off his right foot for the right to left pass. Pivoting off your left foot doesn't enable your hands to go backwards. Did you notice how in your video the ball travels 2 metres forward not the 4 to 5m in this instance.

I truly believe that this will end Elgey's career. Now that he thinks he might get pinged for forward passes I'm sure he'll retire before the next game.

And for the record, my wife said it was forward and shes never wrong, just ask her.

Mr Stupid
21-04-15, 10:37 AM
I'll agree to disagree, but now you've brought in the big guns I'm not going on with this debate. I know when I'm beaten!:helpme:

Titanic
21-04-15, 10:37 AM
Good debate lads but older than the rule itself which is why it is there in the first place ... several facts:

(1) it was judged forward at the time and we cannot change it,
(2a) the touchie was a woman
(2b) JB's missus has spoken and
(2c) mine asked 'are you allowed to throw it forwards?'

and as everybody knows your next beer or night out could well depend on how you respond to a, b and c.

I add that for all you physicists out there do not argue momentum of a football with a Chinese professor of physics (that's my girl) who's response was a sniff, a nose in the air and 'how can you spend so much time watching grown men chasing a mis-shapen ball around the place?'

She also offered this classic: 'why is the man who controls the game always too small to play the game?'

Slightly off topic but I thought Mrs. Badger went alright too.

Toads
21-04-15, 11:14 AM
Ahh... Finally some humour to soften the mood.