DIEHARD
29-03-15, 05:03 PM
TITANS vs BRONCOS

TITAN PETE
30-03-15, 10:36 AM
No Hodges & the Donkeys returning from NZ has to be in our favour

karnage
30-03-15, 10:42 AM
It is absolutely ridiculous how atrocious our record is against the Broncos. It is impossible to be confident for this game but I am going to give it my very best shot.

Sets up to be a great day really where we can watch the Dogs and the Rabbits do their thing before heading out to the ground to watch the main game.

Obviously all of that will take place AFTER I've spent the morning in church...:p

TITAN PETE
30-03-15, 11:12 AM
It is absolutely ridiculous how atrocious our record is against the Broncos. It is impossible to be confident for this game but I am going to give it my very best shot.

Sets up to be a great day really where we can watch the Dogs and the Rabbits do their thing before heading out to the ground to watch the main game.

Obviously all of that will take place AFTER I've spent the morning in church...:p

My church doesn't open this Friday or Xmas day so i'll just buy a Carton :eyebrows:

Titanic
30-03-15, 11:28 AM
My church doesn't open this Friday or Xmas day so i'll just buy a Carton :eyebrows:
and one for me too please ... I'm tired of Tsingtao and Harbin.

karnage
30-03-15, 02:32 PM

and one for me too please ... I'm tired of Tsingtao and Harbin.

Hmmm... I obviously haven't given my Friday plans enough thought. I was planning on perching up in a pub. You don't think they'll be open??

Toads
30-03-15, 02:51 PM
Bloody hell.. Easter wheeled around quickly this year. :doh:

Nah, karnage. Traditionally, Pubs 'n Clubs are closed on Good Friday, but anything with a extended license use to open 12:00am Saturday morning. That may have changed since I was a fully fledged **** tank though.

Hail Sezer
30-03-15, 03:08 PM
Titans rookie plots Broncos' demise

Mon 30 Mar, 2015, 2:00pm
By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent, NRL.com

http://www.titans.com.au/content/dam/titans/photo-galleries/rd-4-sharks-v-titans/Elgey,K%2015032811.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Having come through his NRL debut with a boyhood dream realised and a win against the Sharks, Titans halfback Kane Elgey has now set his sights on bringing to an end the three-game winning streak of the team he supported as a kid.

Growing up on the Gold Coast and playing his junior footy with Tugun, Elgey's early NRL allegiances lay with the Broncos before the arrival of the Titans in 2007 gave him the opportunity to switch to the local team.

On Friday night the Titans host their more accomplished rivals from up the M1 in search of their first win at home for 2015 and with the added confidence that only a win – albeit a scrappy one – can bring.

The elevation to first grade has come earlier for the reigning under-20s player of the year than many had expected but he has vowed to showcase more of his skills if given the opportunity to play against Brisbane on Friday night.

"It's a short turnaround and I guess it's every kid's dream to play the Broncos so for me, I hope I get the chance and hopefully the win on the weekend will turn the boys around," said Elgey, who cites Broncos legend Darren Lockyer as his favourite all-time player.

"Growing up I always wanted to play the Broncos or play for them so the dream's here and hopefully I get to play on Friday night and get the two points.

"I was with the Titans when I was 15 so I've been here for a while and it's every kid's dream to play on a Friday night on Channel Nine so hopefully I get selected and I'll be overwhelmed if I get the chance.

"I'll definitely be a bit more confident. I was holding back a bit and trying to get into the game but I know what to expect now.

"The boys believe in me so I guess I've just got to believe in myself."

Sensing an opportunity to put the new kid under pressure as both teams eyed their first win of the season, the Sharks hammered away at the Titans' left-edge defence where Elgey was defending in the early stages of the game on Saturday.

Against the Broncos Elgey will have to contend with the likes of Matt Gillett and Sam Thaiday charging at him and he knows it is an area of his game that he needs to work hard on to maintain a place in the NRL team.

"I did what I had to do. It was my first game of first grade and I thought I held my own a bit I guess," said the 21-year-old, who made 17 tackles but missed a team-high four tackles.

"Defensively maybe I missed a few so I'll try and fix that on the training paddock and hopefully I get a go on Friday night against the Broncos.

"I'm not going to lie, it was [an eye-opener] and the speed of the game was just enormous. Them coming down my side made it a bit worse.

"I wasn't used to the speed but they came down my side the first 20 minutes pretty strong so I got into the game early which was probably the best thing for me.

"I sort of know what to expect now. Going into that first game I sort of wasn't sure what to expect so that will build my confidence and I'm excited [to play on Friday]."

http://www.nrl.com/titans-rookie-plots-broncos-demise/tabid/10874/newsid/84925/default.aspx

TITAN PETE
30-03-15, 03:30 PM
Hmmm... I obviously haven't given my Friday plans enough thought. I was planning on perching up in a pub. You don't think they'll be open??

Bloody hell.. Easter wheeled around quickly this year. :doh:

Nah, karnage. Traditionally, Pubs 'n Clubs are closed on Good Friday, but anything with a extended license use to open 12:00am Saturday morning. That may have changed since I was a fully fledged **** tank though.

I know the Big House opens at 2am if you are still awake :eyebrows:

Also more importantly I was just reminded that's its Fluro night ....:thumbsup:

Titanic
30-03-15, 05:24 PM
For all you aetheists ... oops sorry I meant all you enthusiasts ... there is no easter in China so get over here this weekend and I can promise you 'everything' and I mean everything will be open :)

K2G
30-03-15, 08:19 PM
Just saw this rumour on reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/30s58m/rumour_friday_nights_broncos_v_titans_game_to_be/):

Just throwing something out there that I heard through the grapevine. I know someone who works at Suncorp and their company has been calling around all staff to work at Suncorp for the Broncos/Titans game this week "as there is a 95% chance the game is being moved" Taking with a grain of salt for now but anyone heard anything like this?

Probably BS.

Hope Moseley is fit for this game.

Toads
30-03-15, 08:55 PM
Scary thing is, a rumour like that could carry a bit of weight. Bit like what happened for our 2010 semi's shot. :(

As this Derby match has come close to packing out Robina in recent years, and the Station is a ****fight afterwards.

Mexican titan
30-03-15, 09:19 PM
Just saw this rumour on reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/30s58m/rumour_friday_nights_broncos_v_titans_game_to_be/):

Probably BS.

Hope Moseley is fit for this game.

Lets hope not considering half of Brisbane will be down here for the weekend. And I ain't going up there.

Titan4Life
30-03-15, 09:22 PM
Guy that works at the games said it will still be played at CBUS. Will update me if anything changes.

Really hope so considering its my first home game and I am travelling 6 hours to see it.

TITAN PETE
30-03-15, 10:04 PM
Zero chance of the game being moved

Toads
30-03-15, 10:11 PM
A bit more spin for the yarn (from reddit).. Don't forget, Qld Rail is involved in it.

Given most of the people there will be coming from brisbane on the gold coast line, they might be worried about something going wrong with it.

Edit: The game is on Easter Friday and running a sunday timetable, with no mention of extra trains being available for the game. If it's not moved it'll be a cluster****.

Mexican titan
30-03-15, 10:21 PM
I wonder if there will be some decent promotion of this game. All I have heard so far is one of those same same ads on the radio which are basically the same every week with just minor changes depending on the opposition and kick off time. Hardly making people think of going.
This is the game that the Bully should get behind just like the first game when cheap one game memberships were offered. I assume that the Titans asked for this date to work in with the Brisbane people that will head to the Coast for Easter but have any deals been offered to Bronco members for example? I don't care how it's done, just fill the bloody place.
Bearing in mind we had two big games in Sydney on Friday night within 10 kms of each other and the Cows game tonight kicking off at 6pm, I just wonder how many people are in marketing at the NRL and the Titans, and not making a great job of it.

- - - Updated - - -

A bit more spin for the yarn (from reddit).. Don't forget, Qld Rail is involved in it.

There are always extra trains regardless of when a game is on. Last year I think getting a train after the Broncs game was easier than some of the lesser attended matches. Why I don't know and I would never try to work out why/how QR do things.

Toads
30-03-15, 10:26 PM
Whatever comes of it, it'll be interesting to see what sort of crowd is pulled for a Good Friday game in SEQ. A lot of Coasters I know usually try 'n shoot thru on Easter long weekend (if they can).

TITAN PETE
31-03-15, 10:00 AM
Titans unlikely to challenge throw charge against Beau Falloon
MICHAEL SAUNDERS GOLD COAST BULLETIN MARCH 31, 2015 12:00AM

TITANS rookie Kierran Mos*eley will mark his return from injury with a starting role at hooker in Friday’s NRL derby against Brisbane.

The livewire No.9 is expected to fill in for regular hooker Beau Falloon, who has been charged with a grade one dangerous throw on Jack Bird after the Titans’ 24-22 win against Cronulla in Sydney on Saturday.

The Titans are unlikely to fight the charge, which will see him sidelined for two weeks because of carryover points from last season.

Falloon has been a strong addition to the Titans since making his return in Round 3 after being one of the Gold Coast players stood down following cocaine charges.

Moseley, who joined the *Titans from Penrith in Nov*ember last year, was ruled out of the clash with Cronulla after battling knee soreness.

He is expected to be named in the Titans squad today with team physio Greg Condon saying the 20-year-old was expected to be match fit for the Cbus Super Stadium derby.

“Kierran has had a bit of ongoing posterior knee pain,” Condon said.

“He succumbed to that (last week) and hopefully he should be OK for this weekend.”

Gold Coast officials have until midday today to decide if they will challenge the NRL match review panel’s ruling against Falloon.

Meanwhile, winger Anth*ony Don said the Titans had ignored the fact Broncos captain Justin Hodges limped off the field during Brisbane’s 24-16 win against the Warriors in Auckland on Sunday.

“We’re going to prepare like he’s playing,” Don said.

“If he doesn’t play that’s a bonus for us because he brings a lot of experience to the team. He’s an Origin great and he’s represented Australia.

“It’d be a big loss for them but I’m sure they’ll have someone who can fill in.

“They’re going really well too ... it’s going to be a good match. We’re going to have to be better than we were (against the Sharks) to beat them.”

Titanic
31-03-15, 11:14 AM
Just bracing for the weekly Zillman disappointment ... oh, how I would love to see Crampton get a run this week.

And the joke of the week is that we sit at 13th ahead of the Cows, the Sharks and .... tekely :) sorry mate, couldn't resist.

toddythetitan
31-03-15, 11:41 AM
Unavailable: Caleb Binge (Back, Round 5), Brad Tighe (Ribs, Round 5), Ben Ridge (Pectoral, Round 10), Daniel Mortimer (Wrist, Round 7), Leva Li (Foot, Round 11), Christian Hazard (Ankle, Indefinite), Kierran Moseley (Knee, Round 5), David Hala (Knee, Round 5)

ur injury toll what happened to christian hazard?

TITAN PETE
31-03-15, 01:07 PM
Unavailable: Caleb Binge (Back, Round 5), Brad Tighe (Ribs, Round 5), Ben Ridge (Pectoral, Round 10), Daniel Mortimer (Wrist, Round 7), Leva Li (Foot, Round 11), Christian Hazard (Ankle, Indefinite), Kierran Moseley (Knee, Round 5), David Hala (Knee, Round 5)

ur injury toll what happened to christian hazard?

I spoke with him at the Knights game & he could barely walk possible ankle ligament damage

Mr Stupid
31-03-15, 01:19 PM
I hope Mosely is fit because Falloon will be out right?

teke
31-03-15, 01:48 PM
I like the Henry's 3 hooker rotation strategy he has going on

DIEHARD
31-03-15, 01:53 PM
This is the game I live for. One of the biggest reasons I am a Titans fan. So naturally I am disappointed beyond measure about how little priority it is given by the club. ****ing Neon Night indeed.

We need to aim high and look at how all the famous derbies around the world are promoted.

Anyway. I think we have a good chance of beating them but I do worry about the crowd.

DIEHARD
31-03-15, 01:54 PM
Titans rookie plots Broncos' demise

Having come through his NRL debut with a boyhood dream realised and a win against the Sharks, Titans halfback Kane Elgey has now set his sights on bringing to an end the three-game winning streak of the team he supported as a kid.

Growing up on the Gold Coast and playing his junior footy with Tugun, Elgey's early NRL allegiances lay with the Broncos before the arrival of the Titans in 2007 gave him the opportunity to switch to the local team.

On Friday night the Titans host their more accomplished rivals from up the M1 in search of their first win at home for 2015 and with the added confidence that only a win – albeit a scrappy one – can bring.

The elevation to first grade has come earlier for the reigning under-20s player of the year than many had expected but he has vowed to showcase more of his skills if given the opportunity to play against Brisbane on Friday night.

"It's a short turnaround and I guess it's every kid's dream to play the Broncos so for me, I hope I get the chance and hopefully the win on the weekend will turn the boys around," said Elgey, who cites Broncos legend Darren Lockyer as his favourite all-time player.

"Growing up I always wanted to play the Broncos or play for them so the dream's here and hopefully I get to play on Friday night and get the two points.

"I was with the Titans when I was 15 so I've been here for a while and it's every kid's dream to play on a Friday night on Channel Nine so hopefully I get selected and I'll be overwhelmed if I get the chance.

"I'll definitely be a bit more confident. I was holding back a bit and trying to get into the game but I know what to expect now.

"The boys believe in me so I guess I've just got to believe in myself."

Sensing an opportunity to put the new kid under pressure as both teams eyed their first win of the season, the Sharks hammered away at the Titans' left-edge defence where Elgey was defending in the early stages of the game on Saturday.

Against the Broncos Elgey will have to contend with the likes of Matt Gillett and Sam Thaiday charging at him and he knows it is an area of his game that he needs to work hard on to maintain a place in the NRL team.

"I did what I had to do. It was my first game of first grade and I thought I held my own a bit I guess," said the 21-year-old, who made 17 tackles but missed a team-high four tackles.

"Defensively maybe I missed a few so I'll try and fix that on the training paddock and hopefully I get a go on Friday night against the Broncos.

"I'm not going to lie, it was [an eye-opener] and the speed of the game was just enormous. Them coming down my side made it a bit worse.

"I wasn't used to the speed but they came down my side the first 20 minutes pretty strong so I got into the game early which was probably the best thing for me.

"I sort of know what to expect now. Going into that first game I sort of wasn't sure what to expect so that will build my confidence and I'm excited [to play on Friday]."

http://www.nrl.com/

DIEHARD
31-03-15, 01:57 PM
Broncos’ injury list: Adam Blair to recover, Dale Copley likely to replace Justin Hodges against Titans

ADAM Blair arrived home from Auckland in a wheelchair on Sunday night, but the Broncos enforcer insists he will be fit to face the Titans in Friday’s Queensland derby.

A wounded Blair embodied the rigours of a trans-Tasman trip as the weary Broncos arrived home just before midnight following their gutsy 24-16 disposal of the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium.

The triumph came at a heavy price, with Blair (corked thigh), hooker Andrew McCullough (head knock) and skipper Justin Hodges (hamstring) suffering injuries in the epic road victory.

Blair left the ground on crutches with his right leg encased in a brace and later required wheelchair assistance at Auckland airport, with front-row teammate Josh McGuire helping him take his place in a specially-organised business-class seat.

But the Kiwi Test bookend is adamant he will not join Hodges in the casualty ward for the derby showdown with the Titans at Cbus Super Stadium.

“It looks worse than it is,” Blair told said in the wake of the Warriors victory.

“I just can’t walk on it at the moment, but I should be sweet for next week.”

Blair began solidly against the Warriors, making 63m from seven hit-ups, but reluctantly pulled the pin after taking a knock to his right leg late in the first half.

McCullough also felt the pinch, being assisted from the field in the 21st minute after stumbling from a head knock as he tried to return to the defensive line.

The hooker underwent medical tests under the NRL’s concussion rules and was cleared to return, scoring the final try in the 80th minute to seal Brisbane’s third straight win.

Hodges had scans on Monday but is no hope of facing the Titans this Friday night.

Broncos halfback Ben Hunt backed Hodges’ replacement Dale Copley, who made a successful return from injury in the Intrust Super Cup on Sunday, scoring a try in Norths’ 44-20 loss to Redcliffe.

“Dale got a full week of footy in the Queensland Cup and he will get the call-up (for Hodges) this week,” Hunt said.

“To have someone of his quality to step in for Hodgo is really fortunate for us.”

Broncos warhorse Corey Parker, likely to replace Hodges as Brisbane’s captain this Friday, lauded the pack’s collective ability to lift in the absence of chief hardman Blair.

“As a group of forwards we did a fair job without ‘Blairy’ in the second half,” Parker said.

“It wasn’t a pretty win in the end but it was good reward for some effort.

“We knew the match would swing at some stage, you get more out of those games at times than winning by 20 or 30.

“Things were going against us in the second half but we really worked for one another which was pleasing.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/

DIEHARD
31-03-15, 01:58 PM
Wayne Bennett wants Bronco Anthony Milford to find his attacking mojo

WAYNE Bennett has ordered Anthony Milford to find his attacking mojo as it emerged the pivot has not made a line-break or created a try in 320 minutes for the Broncos.

As Milford prepares for this Friday night’s derby against the Titans, Brisbane coach Bennett has issued the star recruit the first legitimate challenge of his Broncos career.

Bennett will not resile from deploying Milford at five-eighth, but the master coach says it’s time for the 20-year-old to step up and run the ball after a patchy opening month at his new club.

Official NRL statistics show Milford has no tries, line breaks or try assists from 144 possessions in his first 320 minutes in Broncos colours.

They are the type of numbers that saw Brisbane’s previous big-name buy, Ben Barba, pilloried last season as he struggled to adjust to a new environment at Red Hill.

Milford showed more promise in Brisbane’s 24-16 defeat of the Warriors on Sunday, but Bennett urged the playmaker to back his instincts and impose himself on the Titans at Cbus Super Stadium.

“There’s a few little things for Anthony to tidy up,” Bennett revealed.

“He is getting there. He is a dynamic runner with the ball, so the next step is having that confidence to run with the ball.

“I’m pleased with him, but it’s a new club ... Anthony is still feeling his way.”

At former club Canberra last season, Milford was easily the Raiders’ most potent attacking weapon. He led the club in three key attacking indicators, including most line breaks (17 in 24 games), try assists (14) and line-break assists (16).

Milford looked sharp against the Cowboys a fortnight ago, making six tackle busts, but committed two errors against the Warriors, including a kick out on the full in the 51st minute.

Former premiership-winning coach Phil Gould believes the Broncos should shift Milford to fullback, but Bennett is determined to keep faith in the Milford-Hunt halves alliance.

“Anthony got better as the (Warriors) game went on,” he said.

“He was good in the last 10 minutes, he made some better decisions.

“Ben (Hunt) has been good. I’m not unhappy with where they are going at the moment ... they haven’t got backwards or lost confidence.”

Hunt kicked with authority against the Warriors and vowed to help Milford recapture the spark to ignite Brisbane’s backline.

“I reckon I can help Anthony to run the ball more,” Hunt said.

“That’s one of his best skills _ running the ball. He is lightning on his feet, he can make defenders miss so I’d like to see him get the ball in his hands and have more of a crack.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/

shamus
31-03-15, 03:00 PM
Onya Wayne... You couldn't tell him that next week?

timor 2
31-03-15, 05:04 PM
Titans v Broncos - Fri 3 April, 8:35pm AEDT (7.35pm AEST), Cbus Super Stadium | BUY TICKETS
Titans
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Anthony Don
3 James Roberts
4 William Zillman
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Kane Elgey
8 Luke Douglas
9 Kierran Moseley
10 Nate Myles (c)
11 Ryan James
12 Dave Taylor
13 Greg Bird

Interchange
14 Eddy Pettybourne
15 Agnatius Paasi
16 Ryan Simpkins
17 Matt Srama
18 Matt White
19 Lachlan Burr

Coach: Neil Henry

Titan4Life
31-03-15, 05:07 PM
WHERE THE HELL IS PAASI?!?!?!? How does White get picked over him?

Also, Zillman is in there again and let's face it he will never be dropped until he retires. Club parades him around like he is a leader.

K2G
31-03-15, 05:14 PM
WHERE THE HELL IS PAASI?!?!?!? How does White get picked over him?

Also, Zillman is in there again and let's face it he will never be dropped until he retires. Club parades him around like he is a leader.

From Titans.com.au

Hooker Kierran Moseley will return from a minor knee injury to wear the No. 9 jersey in the starting line-up in place of Beau Falloon who has taken an early plead on a grade one dangerous throw charge and will miss two matches.

That is the only change to the team that the Sharks last Saturday night, although the bench has been extended to include Matt White and Lachlan Burr. Coach Neil Henry made a late switch and played Agnatius Paasi instead of White and the Kiwi, who scored his first NRL try, retains his position.

“It’s going to be a tough game; it’s a local derby and the Broncos have won three in a row, so we have to be better than last week to win,” said coach Neil Henry.

The list they've put up is appears wrong (Mortimer at 7!!), but it sounds like it's same team from last week, except with Moseley starting for Falloon, and Burr and White on an extended bench.

gotitans101_
31-03-15, 05:18 PM
oh ok, just read the above

Titanic
31-03-15, 05:20 PM
I just don't get it ... Crampton must be playing like a dodo if Zillman can keep him out and as for White over Paasi ... depends who you believe but if that's how it pans out then ... well, well and truly phark me dead!

Show and Go
31-03-15, 05:25 PM
I blew my lot when I saw Mortimer named at halfback on the website. Thankfully it is wrong.

Titanic Believer
31-03-15, 05:37 PM
Is there any indication how Crampton did in PNG? Regardless, there is too much pressure on Henry for Zillman, the face of the Titans, to be dropped regardless. As long as he plays mediocre he will still be there. I just wish Hoffman could get a full game at fullback so that he can get some combinations going. ( and I don't have to endure one more mistimed inside passing run from Zillman)

Toads
31-03-15, 05:41 PM
I just don't get it ... Crampton must be playing like a dodo if Zillman can keep him out and as for White over Paasi ... depends who you believe but if that's how it pans out then ... well, well and truly phark me dead!

As we seen last week, Zillman will be lucky to play 10 minutes as a Centre. Then he'll be slotted into Fullback for the remainder of the game. Seriously, having him named each week is on par of opening a old wound time 'n time again. I hope the Donkeys expose him big time (and that's coming from someone who thinks little of them)..

The Mole
31-03-15, 06:15 PM
Titans
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Anthony Don
3 James Roberts
4 William Zillman
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Kane Elgey
8 Luke Douglas
9 Kierran Moseley
10 Nate Myles (c)
11 Ryan James
12 Dave Taylor
13 Greg Bird

Interchange
14 Eddy Pettybourne
16 Ryan Simpkins
17 Matt Srama
18 Matt White
19 Lachlan Burr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np9tBI7_nq8

5 Year Contract
31-03-15, 07:23 PM
Zillman named again after arguably his worst of the season last week and white in for Paasi???? Sorry Neil Henry you obviously aren't the coach to lead us into the future if you can insist on staying the course even though you clearly have not picked the best squad. watch for Zillman to be moved to fullback and offer nothing 10mins in again.

Hail Sezer
31-03-15, 07:29 PM
Zillman named again after arguably his worst of the season last week and white in for Paasi???? Sorry Neil Henry you obviously aren't the coach to lead us into the future if you can insist on staying the course even though you clearly have not picked the best squad. watch for Zillman to be moved to fullback and offer nothing 10mins in again.

Can we all please understand that Paasi IS IN THE 17. The NRL list is an error.

K2G has pointed this out well, read the thread please people

teke
31-03-15, 07:39 PM
Can we all please understand that Paasi IS IN THE 17. The NRL list is an error.

K2G has pointed this out well, read the thread please peoplei've read the list....zilly still in

5 Year Contract
31-03-15, 07:42 PM
i've read the list....zilly still in

This!.

Titanic
31-03-15, 07:48 PM
This!.
And this ... also just had a look at the Seagulls/Hunters game and we copped an absolute flogging :(

Toads
31-03-15, 09:08 PM
Titans to play Broncos at Robina after one-game extension inked on stadium deal

Travis Meyn Gold Coast Bulletin March 31, 2015 6:32PM

UPDATE: THE Gold Coast Titans’ Friday blockbuster against the Brisbane Broncos will go ahead at Cbus Super Stadium despite ongoing negotiations with Stadiums Queensland for a new long-term deal to allow the NRL franchise to continue playing at the venue.

Titans officials and the State Government’s stadiums arm reached a one-game extension last night to ensure the game would go ahead.

The NRL, which took over the Titans earlier this year, is keen to negotiate a more affordable deal for the use of the stadium in Robina.

They will be without hooker Beau Falloon though, after he accepted a two-match ban for a dangerous throw and conceded he would have to review his tackling technique.

RELATED: TITANS’ LAST MINUTE STADIUM STAY (http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/gold-coast-titans-to-play-season-opening-clash-at-cbus-after-last-minute-agreement/story-fnj9yd9w-1227246846656)
RELATED: MOSELEY STEPS UP FOR FALLOON (http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/titans-unlikely-to-challenge-throw-charge-against-beau-falloon/story-fnj94ixl-1227285365938)

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2015/03/31/1227286/745353-2b9dc7f0-d77f-11e4-91eb-4767fead30ef.jpg
Titans Greg Bird plays just his second game of the season against Cronulla on Saturday.

Greg Bird will play his third game for the club after conceding the past few months, during which he has been stripped of the Titans captaincy and been charged with supplying cocaine, had been difficult.

Bird broke his silence to tell media the past few months had been “hard to take’’.

“It’s been hard just, I guess people not knowing, people assuming (they know what’s going on) and making their own judgments with a lack of knowledge,’’ he told Channel 9.

Bird said he was “surprised’’ at the fact he had been embroiled in the Crime and Corruption Commission’s cocaine investigation and “disappointed (I’ve been) treated differently from other people’’.

“I know what I’ve done and I’m confident what’s going to happen,’’ he said.

Bird said the turmoil surrounding charges had affected everyone around him, especially his wife Becky.

“I’m massively sorry she has to go through this,’’ he said.

But there has been some respite, with Bird saying he felt massive relief when informed he and the other four current Titans players caught up in the CCC investigation would be allowed to resume playing.

“It was relief. I was relieved. I know I’ve said that twice, but I felt it doubly,’’ he said.

Meanwhile, Falloon conceded he would have to review his tackling technique after accepting a two-match suspension.

The Titans today entered an early guilty plea to a grade one dangerous throw charged levelled at Falloon from Saturday’s win over Cronulla.

Falloon will miss Friday’s blockbuster against the Broncos at Cbus Super Stadium and Saturday week’s away trip to Parramatta.

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2015/03/31/1227286/613417-b7800194-d526-11e4-91eb-4767fead30ef.jpg
Titan Beau Falloon’s dangerous tackle on Shark Jack Bird during the Round 4 game earnt a two-game suspension. Picture: Gregg Porteous

Falloon has only played two matches this year after being stood down early in the season due to cocaine charges.

The nuggety hooker was charged with a grade two dangerous throw in the final round of last season but had it successfully downgraded at the judiciary.

He was also involved in an ugly tackle against Melbourne early last season which did not attract a charge.

Rookie rake Kierran Moseley will start in the No. 9 jersey against the Broncos and Titans coach Neil Henry said Falloon would look at his technique.

“He’s shattered at the fact that he’s had a really disjointed start to the year,” he said.

“He’s a real competitor. He’s a small man trying to make a tackle against a bigger guy and sometimes that’s how physics works.

“He’s got to look at how he’s tackling.

“It is a dangerous position and the review committee are really policing that.

“He’ll have to cop his grade one and with his prior loading he’ll sit out a couple of times.”

The addition of Moseley is the only change to the team that beat Cronulla 24-22.

The Broncos will be without captain Justin Hodges (hamstring) as they look for their fourth straight win.

Source: goldcoastbulletin.com.au (http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/titans-to-play-broncos-at-robina-after-one-game-extension-inked-on-stadium-deal/story-fnj9yd9w-1227286613443)

I'd guess this is where the rumour on reddit possibly stemmed from about the game on Friday night might be moved to Suncorp.

Hail Sezer
31-03-15, 11:00 PM
Josh Hoffman warns Brisbane centre Jack Reed he faces a hard task stopping the NRL’s fastest man James Roberts

TODD BALYM NEWS LIMITED MARCH 31, 2015 7:09PM

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2015/03/31/1227286/783683-5f69ae46-d77f-11e4-915f-fd70bc6357a8.jpg

GOLD COAST fullback Josh Hoffman expected Jack Reed to fire the first sledge, so the former Broncos fullback beat him to the punch.

Despite promising to make his statements on the field rather than off it, Hoffman warned the Brisbane centre he faces the hardest task stopping the NRL’s fastest man James Roberts on Friday night.

Hoffman dished the dirt on his former teammates strengths and weaknesses during the Titans’ video session as they prepare for Friday’s derby at Cbus Super Stadium, a clash the ex-Bronco had marked in his calendar since it was released.

On paper the Titans might have their work cut out for them this week, the Broncos are flying after three straight wins, but Hoffman knows the Titans boast an X-factor in Roberts who can break a game wide open.

Reed is not known for his pace and got beaten for speed by Dylan Walker in Round 1 so the Titans have seen a blueprint in how to exploit their outside advantage this week.

“I wouldn’t be wanting to mark James up at the moment the way he has been playing,” Hoffman said.

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2015/03/07/1227253/000320-dbcab11a-c4b0-11e4-9504-1b97135f94e2.jpg

“He has been playing some good footy and he is freakish whenever he touches the ball and I guess whenever he gets a chance and a bit of space he can do anything.

“But Jack Reed is a great player in his own right and he is hitting his form.

“It will be a tough competition with those two coming up against each other.”

Hoffman said he was expecting to cop a few texts from the Broncos this week ahead of their first NRL meeting, with Reed likely to be chirpiest.

“Jack Reed has a bit of a sledge in him. I’m waiting for his message,” he said.

“I will let them fire the first shot and I will reply with an answer on game day.”

While the Broncos are weakened by the loss of Justin Hodges (hamstring) and Adam Blair (thigh) to injury, Dale Copley returns in the centres and they’ve stacked their extended bench with front rowers including Mitch Garbutt, Mitchell Dodds and Francis Molo with Sam Thaiday back to start at prop.

Copley said the Broncos were more than aware of the threat of Roberts on Gold Coast’s right edge.

“Yeah he is explosive James Roberts and every time he gets the ball things seem to happen around him,” Copley said.

“There are always opportunities around him so he will be someone we’ll be keying in on no doubt.

“If we focus on us and we’re comfortable with what we’re doing it doesn’t really matter what they throw at us, we should be able to handle it if we are all buying into what we know works.” A win on Friday would give the Broncos their best start to a season since 2012 but Copley said the players knew they were still far away from the type of form that would make Brisbane competitive at the business end of the year.

“There is always pressure to perform here and whilst we are 3-1 we know there is a lot of improvement in us and we’ve got to continue to get better each week,” Copley said.

“If we want to play deep into the final then we’ve got to keep improving. Although the start has been good it’s about continually getting better each week.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/josh-hoffman-warns-brisbane-centre-jack-reed-he-faces-a-hard-task-stopping-the-nrls-fastest-man-james-roberts/story-fniabrr8-1227286783763?from=public_rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=cmailrugbyleague

DavidBouveng
31-03-15, 11:10 PM
“It was relief. I was relieved. I know I’ve said that twice, but I felt it doubly,’’ he said

This made me laugh for a few minutes. dead serious. the fumbly way of saying relief twice, then you can move on, but no - he chose to address it, but rather than laugh at himself and say ive said it twice....he tries to pretend it was intentional and he felt doubly relieved.

still laughing, but if i had the energy to think about it deeper, someone that unwilling to let a mistake pass would be interesting to look into.

teke
01-04-15, 12:05 AM
Falloon is going to be a big loss (yes I did just say that) his defence is what is going to be needed in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if Reed puts 3 over JR/Mead and the donkeys trounce em.

NSW Titan
01-04-15, 12:40 AM
Is kickoff 7 30 qld time? It always confuses me

Mexican titan
01-04-15, 02:25 PM
Is kickoff 7 30 qld time? It always confuses me

Yes mate - more like 7.45pm

NSW Titan
01-04-15, 03:03 PM
Yes mate - more like 7.45pm

Thanks for that, I'll have time to go to the bunnies and the bulldogs game and be home on time for our game!

TITAN PETE
01-04-15, 06:35 PM
Thanks for that, I'll have time to go to the bunnies and the bulldogs game and be home on time for our game!

Thank Fa#k Daylight saving finishes this weekend

K2G
01-04-15, 10:21 PM
Brisbane’s Kodi Nikorima has compared new Titans half-back Kane Elgey to Brisbane great Allan Langer
TODD BALYM THE COURIER MAIL (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/brisbanes-kodi-nikorima-has-compared-new-titans-half-back-kane-elgey-to-brisbane-great-allan-langer/story-fniabrr8-1227288095173) APRIL 01, 2015 11:00PM

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2015/04/01/1227288/095119-314891a8-d82e-11e4-915f-fd70bc6357a8.jpg

NEW Titans half-back Kane Elgey has been compared to Broncos great Allan Langer by the Brisbane super sub that has played with and against the rising Gold Coast star since they were schoolboys.

Broncos bench utility Kodi Nikorima is the man with the greatest knowledge of little-known Titans No. 7 Elgey after the pair used to duel over the same Maroons rep jerseys in their junior days.

Elgey was the half-back and Nikorima on the bench in the Queensland Secondary Schools team in 2011, where Elgey would star and later gain selection in the coveted Australian Schoolboys team alongside now Test front rower David Klemmer.

Their battles would continue right through to their days in the Titans and Broncos NYC teams last year and will renew again tomorrow night at Cbus Super Stadium.

The stakes are high for the pair of 21-year-olds, Nikorima turns 21 on game day, with the winner to remain undefeated in his NRL career while the other will suffer their first loss as a first grader at their club.

Nikorima has warned the Broncos that Elgey is not to be taken lightly despite playing just his second NRL game.

“Their half-back Elgey made his debut last week I played against him and with him growing up. It will be good to play against him this week,” Nikorima said.

“He has got a nice show and go, a bit like Alf, so I guess we will have to be on him defensive wise and he is pretty solid in defence too. He is a good young player.” The Titans certainly expect Elgey to be sharper in his second run than he was on debut last week against Cronulla, where he almost broke the line a few times with his darting runs.

Titans forward Ryan James said he is learning to adapt to Elgey’s unique running game after spending more of the preseason preparing to play alongside five-eighth Aidan Sezer.

“Obviously different halves play different styles of footy. You just have to get used to the half you’ve got at the moment and used to his style of footy,” James said.

“He has a great long ball and a good kicking game and has good vision of the game so I'm just going to have to learn to play outside Kane because Aidan is a lot more direct.” If there is one area the Broncos will try to exploit Elgey, it will be defending on the edges where the likes of Queensland Origin second rower Matt Gillett will be running.

Gillett is among Brisbane’s best for breaking tackles and his ability to get a quick play the ball is also critical to the Broncos attack. James said because Gillett is "mong strong", a term for natural strength, the Titans needed to cut down his time with the ball.

“You just have to get up in his face. He is pretty mong strong and yeah he is just a pretty good player,” James said.

“He has played for his state and played for Australia so he is going to be one of the guys you have to watch.”

- - - Updated - - -

Wally Lewis warns Gold Coast Titans star Josh Hoffman to forget payback against Broncos
TRAVIS MEYN GOLD COAST BULLETIN (http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/wally-lewis-warns-gold-coast-titans-star-josh-hoffman-to-forget-payback-against-broncos/story-fnj9yd9w-1227286958096) APRIL 01, 2015 12:00AM

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2015/03/31/1227286/958070-f09cbf44-d7a1-11e4-94a5-02ce8012bfae.jpg

LEAGUE legend Wally Lewis has urged Titans fullback Josh Hoffman to not try and prove a point when he faces off against the club that didn’t want him for the first time.

Hoffman yesterday admitted he had been waiting months for the chance to run out against the Broncos in a Good Friday blockbuster at Cbus Super Stadium.

After 109 matches for Brisbane, Hoffman was told by Broncos coach Wayne Bennett he was free to find a new club late last year, paving the way for him to link with the Gold Coast on a three-year deal.

It was a similar situation to what an ageing Lewis found himself in back in 1990, when Bennett pushed “The King” out of Brisbane to the Gold Coast Seagulls.

Hoffman is preparing for an eye-catching performance against the Broncos but Lewis said he shouldn’t change his focus from what has helped him become a New Zealand Test representative.

“It’ll be the same thing every bloke goes through when they play against their old club. They want to prove the coach wrong,” he said.

“That’s probably the worst thing you can keep in the back of your mind.

“Their number one priority should be making sure they’re full of intent to win and follow their own game plan rather than be worried about getting even with somebody.

“Having Bennett come into the place and not having a chance to learn or play under him would have left him with a rather large question mark as to what was going on but I’ve found Josh to be a very level-headed guy.

“He’s a good young kid. There’s no arrogance about him and he’s prepared to learn as he goes despite being a Test representative already.

“That’s what’s got him to the levels he’s already reached.

“Why change it to be spiteful for the cause of one game?”

Titans coach Neil Henry revealed he had leaned on Hoffman for advice on his ex-teammates during video sessions.

Hoffman has started his Titans career well in a rotation between fullback and centre with Will Zillman and said he had circled the Broncos game on the calendar when the draw was released.

“I’m not going to lie, it was the first game I was looking forward to,” he said.

“I can’t wait to get out on the field.

“Playing with them for a few years now and knowing what their strikepower is...I’ve got a say in the meetings. There’s a few players and key areas we’re looking it.

“I haven’t really been able to get much involvement (so far this year) but hopefully I can get more ball on Friday night and more time at the back.

“I’m just trying to play consistent footy and do my best.”

Henry yesterday named Kierran Moseley at hooker in place of Beau Falloon, who accepted a two-match suspension for a dangerous throw.

Back-rower Lachlan Burr has been named 18th man following strong performances for Burleigh in the Intrust Super Cup

Hail Sezer
02-04-15, 10:50 AM
Simpkins training at hooker

Unsure if that means that Srama is injured or not impressing

- - - Updated - - -

Kahu out, Maranta to fb according to Ben Dobbin on twitter

JunctionBlock
02-04-15, 11:32 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Vidot to the wing.

Hail Sezer
02-04-15, 11:55 AM
Burr apparently in as well via Tony Webeck on twitter

K2G
02-04-15, 12:01 PM
So a bench of Pettybourne, Paasi, Simpkins, Burr?

I like it. Our best for ages :thumbsup:

Hail Sezer
02-04-15, 12:05 PM
So a bench of Pettybourne, Paasi, Simpkins, Burr?

I like it. Our best for ages :thumbsup:

Looking like it and yes I agree it is strong, good mix.

Burr has been killing it for Burleigh

NSW Titan
02-04-15, 12:31 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Kahu out, Maranta to fb according to Ben Dobbin on twitter maybe they are trying to do with Simpkins what they did with Paul Carter?

TitansFan92
02-04-15, 12:35 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully it means Moseley won't be off the field for long because if we want to win he needs to be on the field for as much time as possible. Our attack is so much better with him on the field.

teke
02-04-15, 02:02 PM
maybe they are trying to do with Simpkins what they did with Paul Carter?You mean coming on to throw terrible balls from dummy half?

gotitans101_
02-04-15, 04:22 PM
Don't like Simpkins playing hooker tbh, would be extremely slow service out of dummy half.

Just play Mosley for 80min for my SC team.

Titanic
02-04-15, 05:05 PM
Are we sure it isn't Moseley who is out? He was the one injured.

TITAN PETE
02-04-15, 07:47 PM
Hopefully Srama is playing off the bench for Tweed this weekend he's not good enough for NRL

The plus for us is Jordan Kahu has been ruled out & he's been one of the finds of the season so far

Hail Sezer
02-04-15, 07:59 PM
Are we sure it isn't Moseley who is out? He was the one injured.

Yep certain it isn't Moseley.

isaiah
02-04-15, 11:23 PM
This is the game I live for. One of the biggest reasons I am a Titans fan. So naturally I am disappointed beyond measure about how little priority it is given by the club. ****ing Neon Night indeed.

We need to aim high and look at how all the famous derbies around the world are promoted.

Anyway. I think we have a good chance of beating them but I do worry about the crowd.

No need to worry about the crowd. It will be 65% Broncs fans. And we will beat you at your ground as per normal. Good luck.

hammer
03-04-15, 08:21 AM
To me there is nothing better than a win against the Broncos...we could have a crap season and run last but I get some satisfaction if we beat the Broncos!
Hopefully someone steps up like Mead did last year at CBus Stadium.

Mexican titan
03-04-15, 08:40 AM
No need to worry about the crowd. It will be 65% Broncs fans. And we will beat you at your ground as per normal. Good luck.

That's a very precise estimation mate. Wouldn't it be embarrassing for the Broncos lose in front of so many of their supporters to a club that is broke.

TITAN PETE
03-04-15, 10:13 AM
That's a very precise estimation mate. Wouldn't it be embarrassing for the Broncos lose in front of so many of their supporters to a club that is broke.

The Donkeys hate the Titans more than anyone because as soon as we joined the comp they haven't won anything since

Toads
03-04-15, 10:39 AM

Nothing compares to be sitting in the stands at Robina when the Donkeys break away to a early lead in the first half, only to have the Titans get up (with a win) and silence all the loudmouth Donkey fans, like what happened a couple of years ago. The icing on the cake comes when they start clearing out with 20 minutes to go..

Biggest bunch of sooks in the game (Donkey fans). Just goes to show the calibre of us Titans fans. A bit of adversity doesn't rattle us. Something I highly doubt could be said about the mob up the road. ;)

Titanic
03-04-15, 11:31 AM
We bask in adversatorial splendour ... and loving it!

Titanic Believer
03-04-15, 01:11 PM
We bask in adversatorial splendour ... and loving it!

Unfortunately we have little else to bask in! except for all our adversity we are still competitive.

TITAN PETE
03-04-15, 03:25 PM
Srama to miss out in Titans reshuffle

Thu 02 Apr, 2015, 12:20pm
By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent, NRL.com

Titans coach Neil Henry looks likely to run with four forwards on the bench on Friday night as he endeavours to counter a Broncos interchange promising to bring plenty of grunt up front.

Although Matt Srama was named in jersey No.17 earlier in the week he was put through a gruelling session with sprint coach Tim Gabbett along with Matthew White and Intrust Super Cup aligned players on Thursday morning and watched on from the sideline as the final ball work session took place on Cbus Super Stadium.

If Kierran Moseley starts as named at hooker in his return from a minor knee injury, the Gold Coast bench will consist of Eddy Petybourne, Agnatius Paasi, Lachlan Burr and Ryan Simpkins with Simpkins the man to slot in at dummy-half in various stages of the game.

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett has been forced into a late reshuffle of his own with fullback Jordan Kahu being ruled out with a hamstring injury and has a five-man bench at present that will also need to be trimmed.

Along with livewire dummy-half Kodi Nikorima, Bennett has named four front-rowers on his extended bench and while Henry suggested that Srama would keep his place in the team, he did concede that adding size to the Titans bench was a consideration.

"We're weighing up what we do with the size of our bench against a fairly big pack and the players that have come into their side," Henry said of the Broncos' additions in the wake of injuries to Justin Hodges and Adam Blair.

"Without one of our feeder clubs playing we can have 19 players here tomorrow and make a late decision on it.

"Matty's doing a little bit extra because his game time's been limited. With Beauy (Beau Falloon) back for a couple of weeks he hasn't had much [game time] so he's doing a bit of a top-up."

Simpkins spent large parts of the final captain's run in the dummy-half position and has earned high praise from Henry since coming into the team for the Round 2 clash against the Panthers.

The Tugun junior and former Panther played just 30 minutes against the Sharks last week – where he made 28 tackles – but was terrific the week prior in the narrow loss to the Knights, laying on the final pass for Aidan Sezer's second try and running for 80 metres from 10 carries in 43 minutes on the field.

Two players are in line to make their first appearance for the Broncos in 2015 with former Storm prop Mitchell Garbutt and Francis Molo in the mix along with the ever-improving Jarrod Wallace and Mitchell Dodds, who has missed the past three weeks with a calf injury.

isaiah
03-04-15, 05:52 PM
The Donkeys hate the Titans more than anyone because as soon as we joined the comp they haven't won anything since

No hate here. I wear a titans polo regularly, support all 3 of the qld sides. Just think you are a joke with your recruitment. Based in seq but melb and Canberra are the teams that the Broncs have the most competition for the local juniors. Even when a great young talent from Inverell wants to come to the club, he ends up at parra instead.

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 06:12 PM
No hate here. I wear a titans polo regularly, support all 3 of the qld sides. Just think you are a joke with your recruitment. Based in seq but melb and Canberra are the teams that the Broncs have the most competition for the local juniors. Even when a great young talent from Inverell wants to come to the club, he ends up at parra instead.

If you're referring to Bevan French then it's pretty hard to compete when Parra offer him a 1st grade training contract before he's even played a game of 20s...

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 06:25 PM
Our under 20s underway

Carty in for first points, 4-0

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 06:48 PM
Broncos in

6-4 Broncos

- - - Updated - - -

Lawto scores, carty converts

We then dropped the ball on our exit set, broncos score

DavidBouveng
03-04-15, 06:48 PM

i think they have long standing arrangements with certain groups. same as keebra and wests tigers.

will we break down those walls someday? hopefully. i think our recent changes to recruitment will improve the situation and our recruiting in general.

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 06:49 PM
12-10 Broncos

DavidBouveng
03-04-15, 06:55 PM
just about to leave for the game....I AM VERY EXCITE

http://www.moviesteve.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Borat-mankini.jpg

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 06:56 PM
20-10 Broncos

Jordan Drew scored and then they scored off a grubber

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 07:34 PM
Lots happening including a Zac Spring 90m intercept, got caught 10m out

We score through Huddo, 26-14

- - - Updated - - -

Broncos running in 100m tries and we are failing to complete. Not pretty.

38-14

- - - Updated - - -

NRL Team Changes:

Petty starts, Taylor bench.

Srama out of 17, White drops off, Burr in

K2G
03-04-15, 07:37 PM
NRL Team Changes:

Petty starts, Taylor bench.

Srama out of 17, White drops off, Burr in

Pettybourne to FR, Myles to SR???

Are we a prop short?

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 07:50 PM
Fizzing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBp67wWUgAAA1ea.jpg

Geeman
03-04-15, 08:48 PM
Ray Hadley, Wally Lewis, Daryn Lockear and Justin Hodges on the commentary team - this won't be biased or anything - also, Yvonne Sampson can be my wife if she plays her cards right.

GCTTSD
03-04-15, 09:05 PM
We need to get roberts more ball. Everytime hes touched the ball we've looked like scoring

Boonarga
03-04-15, 09:07 PM
Zillman switched to fullback FFS!

rj62
03-04-15, 09:13 PM
Paid dividends......nice tackle Zilly.... Ffs

- - - Updated - - -

Some decent hits so far....

titanfan1980
03-04-15, 09:13 PM
Zillman switched to fullback FFS!

Why?? Just why?? He's horrible why is he having hit ups, and my god it's fast but Ryan Simpkins just got on and already lost 3 play the balls omg zillman

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 09:14 PM
We seem to be going a lot worse since our fullback has been switched..

K2G
03-04-15, 09:17 PM
Zillman. Infuriating.

rj62
03-04-15, 09:18 PM
Knock on all day long...ffs

GCTTSD
03-04-15, 09:18 PM
This game is so frustrating! We've been playing some of our best fopty yet we ar down by 12?

rj62
03-04-15, 09:19 PM
For gods sake HOLD THE F&$@kn ball

Smakked
03-04-15, 09:20 PM
Thats it for me

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 09:22 PM
First 15 minutes was the best we have played all year

Minus a dubious video ref call and that tinny try and we're behind by 1 try. Unfortunate

"A brilliant first fourty from the broncos"....ok Lockyer...lol

Toads
03-04-15, 09:31 PM
Mosley's our Man
Nothing too shabby with LG's defense tonight.
Zillman.....

Boonarga
03-04-15, 09:31 PM
Third man Sam does it again and takes out Passi. He's a turd.

TitansFan92
03-04-15, 09:32 PM
Happy with the first half 25mins we were playing with confidants after that it was just back to same old crap. Few points to make.

1. Zillman needs to go he is **** in defense and offers nothing in attack. Need to get a campaign going to oust him.

2. Ryan James needs to be dropped. 4 penalties just from him is unacceptable.

3. I don't want to see Mortimer back in the team. LG must stay. With time he is only going to get better. It will be an interesting battle between him and Sezer (if both stay) to see who will partner DCE next year.

4. Impressive performance by Mead so far. He seems to have worked on his defense a bit.

titanfan1980
03-04-15, 09:33 PM
Mosley's our Man
Nothing too shabby with LG's defense tonight.
Zillman.....

Ryan James has had to tackle for him again, he's fallen for 2 dummy's that ryan has had to clean up, but I'm ok with that ,and my god zillman is just so so horrible. And when Sam lost that ball there was no hands near it!! B******t!

teke
03-04-15, 09:35 PM
Coulda gone in 6 pts behind if hog on the right let it go.

No idea how the score blew out so quickly

rj62
03-04-15, 09:44 PM
Coulda gone in 6 pts behind if hog on the right let it go.

No idea how the score blew out so quickly

Did you miss the knock on from Thaiday.... :mad:

GCTTSD
03-04-15, 09:45 PM
As good as roberts is he needs to pass the ball..

Toads
03-04-15, 09:51 PM
whoops, Mosley

mdrew
03-04-15, 09:55 PM
Anthony Don is most underrated player we have.

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 09:58 PM
Great stuff meady but dammit Roberts that try would have really helped my fantasy team if you went yourself..

rj62
03-04-15, 10:06 PM
LG here to stay, Roberts looks dangerous every time he's involved. Despite the score I think we look ok,though our kick chase is ordinary. Number 4 looks average too :/

- - - Updated - - -

Great hands Maranta.....come on boys!

- - - Updated - - -

FFS........

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my god...

gotitans101_
03-04-15, 10:06 PM
Burr needs to go back to Qcup, not good enough for first grade yet. I can definitely see potential in him though as others have said.

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 10:07 PM
We're getting killed around the ruck a fair bit

Jonathonbcode
03-04-15, 10:08 PM
We could easily be at 30-24..if not for the simple errors.

Hail Sezer
Burr needs to go back to Qcup, not good enough for first grade yet.

That's one way to kill a kids confidence and exactly what we need to not do. Rankin got that treatment and look how it went.

Perseverance is key when we are at stage 1 of developing for a few years

TitansFan92
Burr needs to go back to Qcup, not good enough for first grade yet.

100% agree he just ****ed us again. Starting to remind me of Zillman

Boonarga
Third man Sam does it again and takes out Passi. He's a turd.

And again. Into the back of Bird.

TitansFan92
03-04-15, 10:09 PM
That's one way to kill a kids confidence and exactly what we need to not do. Rankin got that treatment and look how it went.

No what we did was put him in when he was not ready Burr needs to be in Qcup for a while to learn the basics.

Jonathonbcode
03-04-15, 10:10 PM
Holy ****ing ****, these simple errors are KILLING us.

gotitans101_
03-04-15, 10:11 PM
this game is ****.

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 10:11 PM
We're really playing ourselves out of this. Incredibly frustrating.

Jonathonbcode
03-04-15, 10:12 PM
this game is ****.

I think we found the cure for insomnia...

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 10:12 PM
No what we did was put him in when he was not ready Burr needs to be in Qcup for a while to learn the basics.

lol probably yes

Jonathonbcode
03-04-15, 10:13 PM
Geez, I feel bad for Burr...time to put him on the bench, his confidence would be shot to ****ing pieces...

gotitans101_
03-04-15, 10:14 PM

I would normally agree with you but cmon man, he's made 3 basic errors in like 5 minutes, which is all I've seen him do when he's given the chance at first grade. He may have all the potential in the world to be a good player but that's useless until you can get those errors out of your game.

rj62
03-04-15, 10:14 PM
William Zillman............

Need I say more........

Times up mate...

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 10:15 PM
Re: Burr

Yes guys, I tend to agree. That last knock on I just cant defend. Question is though, who comes in? We have no better 2nd Rowers..

gotitans101_
03-04-15, 10:17 PM
^^ yep true.

Jonathonbcode
03-04-15, 10:18 PM
Marty Coffee? Jesus. God, the NRL has such an RSL mentality with their TV presentation..

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 10:19 PM
Lol Roberts is absolutely gassed

Jonathonbcode
03-04-15, 10:20 PM
Yeah, can we please get our **** together before Evans comes to the club?

mdrew
03-04-15, 10:21 PM
It is not soccer, you should not get a penalty for a dive, damn it

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 10:25 PM
Just throwing the ball to Roberts on the last tackle isn't really what we need. He's our most promising yes but come on halves get creative

Boonarga
03-04-15, 10:28 PM
Lol Roberts is absolutely gassed

So he should be. 1,2,3,4, throw it to Roberts.

gotitans101_
03-04-15, 10:28 PM
lol can't even beat a depleted Broncos side, no Hodges or Kahu.

zzzzzz

**** gets old after a while.

If you think DCE will change anything then think again.

Toads
03-04-15, 10:32 PM
Ever so slowly getting our **** together. Long way off from top 8 though (as we all know). It looked as if we had control of the game a handful of times tonight.

Fair enough Burr ballzed it up a bit tonight. But I'd hardly suggest he's a lost cause. Probably just had a shocker like they all do from time to time.

TitansFan92
03-04-15, 10:33 PM
I am probably going to get crucified for this but Henry is not the coach we need for the future. He is not up to making the hard choices.

Hail Sezer
03-04-15, 10:36 PM
I am probably going to get crucified for this but Henry is not the coach we need for the future. He is not up to making the hard choices.

I think I will wait until Tuesday to see whether Elgey retains the 7 to decide whether I agree.

Titanic Believer
03-04-15, 10:44 PM
They had plenty of chances. I would think that Neil is just setting himself for a year of training. There are a lot of simple mistakes, lost opportunities poor reads. The question is whether the players are coach able. Burr had a shocker but I think that a lot of learning can only happen in the top grade. James was good (despite penalties). Mosely showed more than Falloon ( despite attempted intercept). Dave seems to have learned not to force passes but I miss him on the edges. LG will improve as Freddie said he was busy organising but missing unstructured options. All in all not completely disappointed......a result of lower expectations.

Toads
03-04-15, 10:46 PM
I think I will wait until Tuesday to see whether Elgey retains the 7 to decide whether I agree.

Yup.. Keep LG, drop Zillman, slide Hoffman to FB for the full 80 minutes 'n throw Crampton into the left Centre (just for the hell of it).

Tamwelg
03-04-15, 10:46 PM
I think they had a good go tonight, apart from a few inexperienced decisions they were right in that game.

James, Sezer, Mosley (in attack) and Pettyborne were great.

rj62
03-04-15, 10:51 PM
Yup.. Keep LG, drop Zillman, slide Hoffman to FB for the full 80 minutes 'n throw Crampton into the left Centre (just for the hell of it).

Put Taylor at Centre.....but I agree.....must keep Hoffman at fullback.

LG has had two games, I'm liking what I'm seeing. He's not shy in having a go.

The basic errors just smash us to pieces.

Ausphin
03-04-15, 10:54 PM
In what was an ordinary game to watch, i thought we did well to finish as close as we did. Never fun losing to the Broncos but after getting nothing from attacking their line for what seemed like 10 minutes, and then they jag 2 tries (Thaiday lost it, then Jack Reed just threw it over his head and happened to find Milford) i thought score could have been anything.

Moseley in defence was real solid. He's a superstar in the making.
Ryan James was probably our best but his discipline is awful. Needs to be fixed.
James Roberts is obviously our strike weapon, but his fitness level always seems poor. He appears gassed after 10 minutes.
Despite 1 error, i thought Simpkins looked ok at dummy-half. I could live with that.
Not ready to annoint Elgey yet. See flashes and definitely dont want Morts back, but unlike most i am not ready to let Sezer go just yet. Think we will have a tough decision on our hands who we keep. Would obviously like to keep both, but doubtful and am sure Manly will swoop.
Priority #1 is a strike centre for next year. Gagai is top of the wishlist, but i think we could do a lot worse than Dale Copley. Always impressed with him every time i see him play. Has good pace for a big unit and defence is real solid as we saw tonight.

Davis13
03-04-15, 11:39 PM

What a load of crap he hasn't even been here a full season....

K2G
03-04-15, 11:50 PM
The Good:

Kierran Moseley! Flashes of potential future greatness tonight. He was dynamic, especially in those first 15 minutes when we were at our best. The quicker he becomes a consistent 80min player for us, the better.

David Mead is just such a gun player. He runs harder than our forwards, chases harder than both our fullbacks, is busier than our halves, and is just a tough, tough footy player. He is so wasted out on that wing, as good as he is out there. I can't believe more of you don't see it.

Nate Myles running with some venom two weeks in a row! Is it Henry, or does he play better when chasing a contract? Either way, great to see.

Pettybourne and Paasi are great additions to our pack. Can build a team with them in it.

We are definitely playing with better structure in attack than we have in seasons gone by, and at times when Sezer or Elgey have floated across the line with decoy runners, we are stretching the defense and creating gaps, but we just aren't capitalising. A real fullback will help.

Although I really wanted to see Elgey throw a bit more at them tonight, especially with his short kicking game, as the broncos we're rushing up on us all night, and their make-shift full back was almost dodgier than ours, he still looks the goods to me. He was solid in defense and when running left to right across the field, linking up with sezer, looked threatening but he just didn't bring the confidence tonight. The young kid is obviously still finding his feet and is just a few game of a big performance i reckon. He should be told the #7 is his to loose over the next 5 rounds.

The Bad:

Throwing it to Roberts and hoping he does something is so frustrating to watch, because everyone in the stadium, including the opposition knows what's coming, and it just looks like we're bereft of ideas. The coach and our halves had all off-season to work on plays, and all i've seen so far over four rounds is short ball to James at the line, and throw it to Roberts in space, regardless of what the defense is doing.

Ryan James had his best game in the second row tonight. Physical, busy and saved LG's a** a few times. But he isn't a second rower. The one time he broke through the line was up the middle through tired ruck defenders. I don't think we're a team that can afford to play guys out of position, and while he hasn't been bad for us (penalties withstanding) he would be better up front.

I don't like the way Greg Bird is being used as wide running second rower in attack. He stiffles the play, and DT obviously doesn't know how to get involved. Bird needs to stay in the middle, and let Dave run the fringes. His playing for penalties is just sh*tty to watch also. The coach should tell him to get it out of his game.

Josh Hoffman - so far, all hype. Has delivered 0.

The Ugly:

William motherf*ing Zillman. Yuuuuuck. You know that sick feeling when you cop one in the beans and part of you wants to laugh while the other part needs to vomit? That's what it's like watching him mess-up the tap back, miss-time runs, go for one-on-one strips and miss the tackle all together, have just the fullback to beat and make himself look the fool, let his wingers take the bombs and run the 1 tackle runs week after week, year after year. GET RID OF HIM!!

People expecting Burr and Simpkins to be world beaters already. How many first grade games between them? Silly mistakes, yes. But experienced guys like Myles, James and Zillman are making just as many. Simpkins has been huge for us, and should NEVER have been used as a hooker. Stupid coaching. Burr has been unimpressive (confidence imo), but will be a very good player, and I'd rather we persevere than give the spot to Robinson or Ingram. Once Ioane and Hala are fit though, who knows

The thought of Mortimer being rushed back in after tonight makes me ill. I want to like Henry, I really do ...

Toads
03-04-15, 11:59 PM

Lol, mate. You gotta look at the big picture. Henry as our Head Coach is probably one of the better things going for us. :laugh:

Considering we don't have proper training facilities, our day to day management is operating out of the Council Chambers and at times out of Rebecca Frizelle office (no offence to Rebecca) 'n so on.. To be honest, I think we're very fortunate to even be fielding a team in the national comp, let alone all the juniour/younger squads.

But with that said, I do understand your point 'n share your anguish at times. But hey, we could be doing a lot worse. :)

K2G
04-04-15, 12:02 AM
Lol, mate. You gotta look at the big picture. Henry as our Head Coach is probably one of the better things going for us. :laugh:

Considering we don't have proper training facilities, our day to day management is operating out of the Council Chambers and at times out of Rebecca Frizelle office (no offence to Rebecca) 'n so on.. To be honest, I think we're very fortunate to even be fielding a team in the national comp, let alone all the juniour/younger squads.

But with that said, I do understand your point 'n share your anguish at times. But hey, we could be doing a lot worse. :)

Thanks for putting things in perspective Toads. Good post mate.

JunctionBlock
04-04-15, 12:06 AM
I thought our first twenty or so minutes was the best we have looked all season. Need to get the penalties out of game (James), the young guns can make all the errors they want this season as long as they learn and improve, I don't care.

If Dave Taylor is going to be an impact player then maybe he should come on and make an impact into tired defence, but unfortunately he isn't breaking the tackles or getting the offloads away like we need.

One of the main problems I'm seeing is that we aren't controlling the ruck. Broncos were always elbows and knees and straight back up. We very rarely rolled them onto their back. With the quick play means we can't come off our line to defend so the opposition is getting easy metres.

I think everyone in section 22 now knows my feelings on Zillman. The minute he went to fullback we fell apart. Then when he had support in every direction and in every shape and form when he was one on one with Maranata (lachlan bloody useless maranta?!?!?!?!) he still can't make the right decision and almost cost us a try.

Anyway, a team that's $1.5 million under the cap vs a team that is conservatively $300000 over the cap with third party deals, I'd say we can hold our head up after that display.

DavidBouveng
04-04-15, 12:07 AM
The Good:

Kierran Moseley! Flashes of potential future greatness tonight. He was dynamic, especially in those first 15 minutes when we were at our best. The quicker he becomes a consistent 80min player for us, the better.

David Mead is just such a gun player. He runs harder than our forwards, chases harder than both our fullbacks, is busier than our halves, and is just a tough, tough footy player. He is so wasted out on that wing, as good as he is out there. I can't believe more of you don't see it.

Nate Myles running with some venom two weeks in a row! Is it Henry, or does he play better when chasing a contract? Either way, great to see.

Pettybourne and Paasi are great additions to our pack. Can build a team with them in it.

We are definitely playing with better structure in attack than we have in seasons gone by, and at times when Sezer or Elgey have floated across the line with decoy runners, we are stretching the defense and creating gaps, but we just aren't capitalising. A real fullback will help.

Although I really wanted to see Elgey throw a bit more at them tonight, especially with his short kicking game, as the broncos we're rushing up on us all night, and their make-shift full back was almost dodgier than ours, he still looks the goods to me. He was solid in defense and when running left to right across the field, linking up with sezer, looked threatening but he just didn't bring the confidence tonight. The young kid is obviously still finding his feet and is just a few game of a big performance i reckon. He should be told the #7 is his to loose over the next 5 rounds.

The Bad:

Throwing it to Roberts and hoping he does something is so frustrating to watch, because everyone in the stadium, including the opposition knows what's coming, and it just looks like we're bereft of ideas. The coach and our halves had all off-season to work on plays, and all i've seen so far over four rounds is short ball to James at the line, and throw it to Roberts in space, regardless of what the defense is doing.

Ryan James had his best game in the second row tonight. Physical, busy and saved LG's a** a few times. But he isn't a second rower. The one time he broke through the line was up the middle through tired ruck defenders. I don't think we're a team that can afford to play guys out of position, and while he hasn't been bad for us (penalties withstanding) he would be better up front.

I don't like the way Greg Bird is being used as wide running second rower in attack. He stiffles the play, and DT obviously doesn't know how to get involved. Bird needs to stay in the middle, and let Dave run the fringes. His playing for penalties is just sh*tty to watch also. The coach should tell him to get it out of his game.

Josh Hoffman - so far, all hype. Has delivered 0.

The Ugly:

William motherf*ing Zillman. Yuuuuuck. You know that sick feeling when you cop one in the beans and part of you wants to laugh while the other part needs to vomit? That's what it's like watching him mess-up the tap back, miss-time runs, go for one-on-one strips and miss the tackle all together, have just the fullback to beat and make himself look the fool, let his wingers take the bombs and run the 1 tackle runs week after week, year after year. GET RID OF HIM!!

People expecting Burr and Simpkins to be world beaters already. How many first grade games between them? Silly mistakes, yes. But experienced guys like Myles, James and Zillman are making just as many. Simpkins has been huge for us, and should NEVER have been used as a hooker. Stupid coaching. Burr has been unimpressive (confidence imo), but will be a very good player, and I'd rather we persevere than give the spot to Robinson or Ingram. Once Ioane and Hala are fit though, who knows

The thought of Mortimer being rushed back in after tonight makes me ill. I want to like Henry, I really do ...

pretty good post.

only thing id add is that we DO see Meads benefit. at one point these thread were mead crazy, but we just got used to the fact that no matter how well he plays and how bad the FB plays...hes not getting moved. He was third or 4th in the forum voted player of the year and i think if there was a poll for favourite player on this forum, the titanium kumul would probably take it out. he was awesome tonight though, and with Hoffman going ok but not setting world on fire, i think Mead could still be our best fullback.

Zillman...soon as he went to FB we went to pot. i have good seats at game, and Hoff is WAY more vocal and uses hands and yells with a ho**** throat for guys to move, push, come back or whatever he thinks is needed. Zillman does not. he had another shocker tonight and i just dont know how long he can survive. its gone past rediculous.

someone needs to tell someone at the titans that he isnt the messiah bringing tonnes of women to the games like im sure they think he is. he is frustrating the crap out of whatever remnants of a supporter base we have left.

that all having been said. we played well in parts tonight. especially the first 20 or so. we were physical, urgent, composed and just lacked class and attacking prowess that comes from more and mroe training, but it was still an improvement and we are sowly and surely heading forwards. hard calls on players notwithstanding...im ok with hwere we are at. We have found moseley, petty, paasi, LG in a short period..it is coming together i believe.

and at least 2 of broncs tries were pretty freaky / flukey. we just lacked the polish to capitalise on our possession dominance.

Yankee Doodle Titan
04-04-15, 12:21 AM
Long time lurker, first time poster, yadda, yadda, yadda. What is it with Zillman being in the side week in, week out? Everyone jokes about it - and it is a joke - but there's no way Neil Henry can be this obtuse. He seems capable of making the hard calls (mostly) with other players, but with Zillman...hell, Zillman could actively be scoring tries for the opposition and he'd still be chosen every week. I'm sure he's a stand-up guy who spends his days off volunteering in soup kitchens and all that sort of stuff, but I genuinely want a frickin' answer from the coach on this. Can any of you veteran forum members shed some light on this? Am I crazy to think that not everything is...above board with team selection?

K2G
04-04-15, 12:30 AM
only thing id add is that we DO see Meads benefit. at one point these thread were mead crazy, but we just got used to the fact that no matter how well he plays and how bad the FB plays...hes not getting moved. He was third or 4th in the forum voted player of the year and i think if there was a poll for favourite player on this forum, the titanium kumul would probably take it out. he was awesome tonight though, and with Hoffman going ok but not setting world on fire, i think Mead could still be our best fullback.

#bringbackthemeadfest

:laugh:

I can't say i noticed Hoffman's organisation at the sharks game, but tbh I didn't keep an eye on him for the 5 seconds he got back there. While he might have a big voice, as far as action goes he was as quite as a field-mouse tonight.

It goes without saying that if Zillman is the benchmark, Hoffman is a deadset superstar... But is he really the best fullback in our team? I know, I know - broken record, Mead won't play back there blah blah blah. But i recall Hoffman getting talked up mighty hard this off-season yet he still has no line breaks, no line break assists, no tries, low running meters, etc. I know the whole team isn't giving him much to work with, but up against his ex-team tonight ... I just wanted to see something from him.

But i agree with you DB. Over-all signs are positive.

DavidBouveng
04-04-15, 12:31 AM
Long time lurker, first time poster, yadda, yadda, yadda. What is it with Zillman being in the side week in, week out? Everyone jokes about it - and it is a joke - but there's no way Neil Henry can be this obtuse. He seems capable of making the hard calls (mostly) with other players, but with Zillman...hell, Zillman could actively be scoring tries for the opposition and he'd still be chosen every week. I'm sure he's a stand-up guy who spends his days off volunteering in soup kitchens and all that sort of stuff, but I genuinely want a frickin' answer from the coach on this. Can any of you veteran forum members shed some light on this? Am I crazy to think that not everything is...above board with team selection?

Whilst we've long been suspicious of certain players having pictures of various coaches in questionable situations with animals...at the moment i think hes on a good contract and is vice captain and people arent prepared to call him on his non performance.

I personally cant understand it, seeing as the coaches own career is tied to the success of the team, and the total package has been hindering that endeavour since coming on board. if anything he is getting worse, but i guess he would have little to fear knowing he wont be dropped.

i meant to add to previous post. on the reed / Milf try.... meady chased, and Zillman, Taylor and a couple of others were chasing behind that group, but Zill gave up while Taylor continued to chase and almost saved the try.

If the 120kg Taylor can do it, why cant the worlds most famous and excellent trainer of supreme fitness chase all the way? poor effort buddy.

Mexican titan
04-04-15, 12:34 AM
pretty good post.

that all having been said. we played well in parts tonight. especially the first 20 or so. we were physical, urgent, composed and just lacked class and attacking prowess that comes from more and mroe training, but it was still an improvement and we are sowly and surely heading forwards. hard calls on players notwithstanding...im ok with hwere we are at. We have found moseley, petty, paasi, LG in a short period..it is coming together i believe.

and at least 2 of broncs tries were pretty freaky / flukey. we just lacked the polish to capitalise on our possession dominance.

The comments above say it best for me. I agree with all the comments about Zillman (again) and words just fail me about him. I have a lot of faith in Henry but I think he needs to make the big call, surely. I am just finding is extremely annoying that Hoffman is named a FB, starts there and within 15-20 minutes is moved. How can Hoff settle into the FB spot if that keeps happening.

Generally I didn't think we had too many bad players tonight and as DB says a couple of the Broncs tries were flukey. I might have missed him but I thought Dave Taylor didn't get as many minutes tonight.
The main comment I would like to make is despite a number of posters here expressing various levels of disappointment after that game I, like DB, am quite satisfied with the way the team is developing and the emergence of a few young blokes. The mistakes are frustrating but there is far far less of the boring 5 hit ups and kick and I find them far more watchable this year. A few of us on here stated that all they wanted out of the year was a better style of play and the development of some young players. After only 5 games I reckon we are well ahead of schedule. Give it time and add DCE, hopefully a class centre and maybe a top forward and we will go places.

DavidBouveng
04-04-15, 12:39 AM
#bringbackthemeadfest

:laugh:

I can't say i noticed Hoffman's organisation at the sharks game, but tbh I didn't keep an eye on him for the 5 seconds he got back there. While he might have a big voice, as far as action goes he was as quite as a field-mouse tonight.

It goes without saying that if Zillman is the benchmark, Hoffman is a deadset superstar... But is he really the best fullback in our team? I know, I know - broken record, Mead won't play back there blah blah blah. But i recall Hoffman getting talked up mighty hard this off-season yet he still has no line breaks, no line break assists, no tries, low running meters, etc. I know the whole team isn't giving him much to work with, but up against his ex-team tonight ... I just want to something from him.

But i agree with you DB. Over-all signs are positive.

yeah he didn't do a lot in attack (did have atry assist though, but it was a pick up and pass, not alot of skill in it), and im definitely not sold on him, despite being eager for his arrival in the off-season.
but my point was more his voice in Defence kept us composed and in order. once he moved to centres, we lost that general directing us from behind.

not arguing or really disagreeing with you, just making sure im clear on exactly what i was saying. i really like your posts mate

- - - Updated - - -

The comments above say it best for me. I agree with all the comments about Zillman (again) and words just fail me about him. I have a lot of faith in Henry but I think he needs to make the big call, surely. Generally I didn't think we had too many bad players tonight and as DB says a couple of the Broncs tries were flukey. I might have missed him but I thought Dave Taylor didn't get as many minutes tonight.
The main comment I would like to make is despite a number of posters here expressing various levels of disappointment after that game I, like DB, am quite satisfied with the way the team is developing and the emergence of a few young blokes. The mistakes are frustrating but there is far far less of the boring 5 hit ups and kick and I find them far more watchable this year. A few of us on here stated that all they wanted out of the year was a better style of play and the development of some young players. After only 5 games I reckon we are well ahead of schedule. Give it time and add DCE, hopefully a class centre and maybe a top forward and we will go places.

i am trying to figure out for certain, but i think Taylor played prop tonight? or middle second rower (which is same thing) and might have done more work and so had less minutes.

tonight was the first time in AAAGGES that i really enjoyed the game and the night. The derby gave it a buzz, and our team was more interested than usual and i just thoroughly enjoyed it all round. we were much better to watch and was a great night at CBUS. We still have so much to improve too, so we should continue to enjoy our matches

Davis13
04-04-15, 12:44 AM
I swear its like zillman has a big dark dirty secret over the club and if we don't pick him he will spill

TITAN PETE
04-04-15, 12:46 AM
I'm sure I read that someone on here said James needs to go for giving away a couple of penalties tonight...if he wasn't on the park the score may have doubled , dumb comment as he was close to being the best player on the park including the Donkeys players..

Surely Zillman must have an injury , he has to go but maybe Roberts is now injured & the Turd Package will be saved again..

Great games also from Mead,Pettyborne & Douglas but Ryan was clearly the best

Toads
04-04-15, 12:48 AM
The comments above say it best for me. I agree with all the comments about Zillman (again) and words just fail me about him. I have a lot of faith in Henry but I think he needs to make the big call, surely. I am just finding is extremely annoying that Hoffman is named a FB, starts there and within 15-20 minutes is moved. How can Hoff settle into the FB spot if that keeps happening.

On this note, you're not alone. And for the record, the Centre/Fullback flip happened before the 15-20 minute mark tonight. When I first noticed it, we were 8 minutes into the match. So it happened before then.. :s

DavidBouveng
04-04-15, 12:48 AM
I'm sure I read that someone on here said James needs to go for giving away a couple of penalties tonight...if he wasn't on the park the score may have doubled , dumb comment as he was close to being the best player on the park including the Donkeys players..

Surely Zillman must have an injury , he has to go but maybe Roberts is now injured & the Turd Package will be saved again..

Great games also from Mead,Pettyborne & Douglas but Ryan was clearly the best

Ryan James started running back in on nice lines tonight. and he was a good bodyguard for LG. the penalties piss me off too...but he backed it up in all other areas tonight.

Yankee Doodle Titan
04-04-15, 01:01 AM
i meant to add to previous post. on the reed / Milf try.... meady chased, and Zillman, Taylor and a couple of others were chasing behind that group, but Zill gave up while Taylor continued to chase and almost saved the try.

If the 120kg Taylor can do it, why cant the worlds most famous and excellent trainer of supreme fitness chase all the way? poor effort buddy.

Ain't that the truth! Taylor's a beast - an honest-to-goodness thawed out caveman. He's mercurial, but at least he has his moments. The only "moment" I can remember with Zillman was the field goal he kicked to win the game against the Dogs last season (that was Zillman, right?).

Apart from the Zillman situation, I actually was quite pleased with the way the boys played tonight. Lots of passion. They didn't give up. And they showed variety and creativity. If we can cut down on the handling errors and stupid penalties (although I thought we were better in the penalties department tonight than usual), we'll not only be winning, we'll be fun to watch.

Titanic
04-04-15, 01:07 AM
With the exception of the baby goat (I hesitated to use 'kid' for the oldest, limpest package in existence) I am reasonably happy with where we are this year so far. Burr needs patience as does Paasi. Moseley and Elgey have to stay now. We really need Crampton to have a crack, otherwise not too bad considering all the other stuff.

Taylor was poorly used tonight and he was pretty unhappy when he got hooked. Did I mention Zillman? Well he can bugger off.

Also last week everybody wanted Roberts to get the ball and tonight he got it too much? The Forum is less consistent than our centre/fullback :)

DavidBouveng
04-04-15, 01:14 AM
Ain't that the truth! Taylor's a beast - an honest-to-goodness thawed out caveman. He's mercurial, but at least he has his moments. The only "moment" I can remember with Zillman was the field goal he kicked to win the game against the Dogs last season (that was Zillman, right?).

Apart from the Zillman situation, I actually was quite pleased with the way the boys played tonight. Lots of passion. They didn't give up. And they showed variety and creativity. If we can cut down on the handling errors and stupid penalties (although I thought we were better in the penalties department tonight than usual), we'll not only be winning, we'll be fun to watch.

hasnt Taylor been proven to be technically part caveman? like he has a muscle only a small % of the population has that shows ancenstry with cavemen / neaderthals.

and yeah, we arent creative in the souths / roosters way...but goddamnit we're titans and tonight was a master class compared to some stuff we have served up. was good fun seeing the guys genuinely dig in and show some effort / spirit.

hope they enjoyed it too, so they think about bringing it every week from now on.

- - - Updated - - -

With the exception of the baby goat (I hesitated to use 'kid' for the oldest, limpest package in existence) I am reasonably happy with where we are this year so far. Burr needs patience as does Paasi. Moseley and Elgey have to stay now. We really need Crampton to have a crack, otherwise not too bad considering all the other stuff.

Taylor was poorly used tonight and he was pretty unhappy when he got hooked. Did I mention Zillman? Well he can bugger off.

my earlier post guessed at it, and the presser confirmed henry played him middle third just to see if it worked out as 'when he normally gets it, it is after a couple of passes and defenders are usually up on him', so it was a deliberate tactic, and even though it didnt work, im actually liking that they though about different ways to use him, tried it in game, and will now assess it....almost...like...a....coach. Dont go spoiling us Neil Henry, with your tactics, and your penchant for searching for a better way to do things... we're titans goddammit and we continue to do things the same way...NO MATTER WHAT!

K2G
04-04-15, 01:17 AM
yeah he didn't do a lot in attack (did have atry assist though, but it was a pick up and pass, not alot of skill in it), and im definitely not sold on him, despite being eager for his arrival in the off-season.
but my point was more his voice in Defence kept us composed and in order. once he moved to centres, we lost that general directing us from behind.

Oh snap! You're right, 1 try assist. Sorry Jhoff, my bad! I'll be marking that try assist up to LG though. Quick thinking, quick hands.

Watching the replay, not only did Zillman give up on that second Milf try. Dave Taylor beat him for pace, from behind, and outside! Zillman saw that unfold and had the head start. Inconceivable.

Interesting to hear Henry's thoughts on using Dave Taylor up the middle running onto balls, as opposed to receiving passes on the edge with an advancing defensive line. A sign of things to come? I hope not* Also didn't sound to great for Elgey going forward... maybe that's just me reading-into it though.

*And yeah, I agree with you DB, it's nice to see the coach thinking of different ways to do things in general, and to use DT specifically, but on the latter I just think DT is wasted as a battering ram (which many have said before in the past).

But hell yeah, keep thinking of new ways to bring the cave man into the game Henry! How does he go at fullback?

teke
04-04-15, 01:38 AM
Hijack - this Wigan v at helens match on now is entertaining. The crowd really makes these superleague games.

I'm yet to see a match that doesn't require ice skates, the fields are slippery

shamus
04-04-15, 02:06 AM
Roberts....Roberts.....Roberts...............The only time he passed the ball to Mead and he didn't need to coz he would have scored himself. :doh: He had maybe 6 chances during the game to pass and I am well aware your winger is exposed, so the centre weighs up the decision to pass or not but late in the first half is an example. Roberts 2 metres from the line, centre makes a grab for him but winger also come in, hmm...ideal time to throw it out to an unmarked Mead but nope, took it to ground. But the one that pisses me off most is the dropped ball (knock on) by Roberts in the 2nd half that allowed Jack Reed to run 70 metres or whatever it was that ended in a Broncos try. Watch the replay people. Roberts just shook his head and made absolutely no effort to make up for his mistake. i.e. Chase down Reed. Don't get me wrong, I like Roberts and what he brings to the game. But more than flair is required. The guy has to show more ticker, not drop your head when you make a mistake. So, I am going to give him another chance or I will be making team changes. Onwards and Upwards Mr Roberts....Now that, (Mr Roberts) alongside To Sir With Love are amongst my favourite movies. Oh, I think I am heading off topic..

Numbers
04-04-15, 03:15 AM
Went to the game and have just finished watching a replay of the 1st half. I reckon we were pretty much the better team - except, unfortunately, in the all important area of finishing - for 33 of the 40 minutes. As a few other posters have opinioned, we've still got a way to go, but there are definitely some signs of life.

The Zillman/Hoffman switch happened almost right on the 20 minute mark (from the scrum after Pettybourne had knocked on).

ABC radio after-game interviews with Henry: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-03/interview-neil-henry/6370562?section=sport

And Sezer: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-03/interview-aiden-sezer/6370556?section=sport

Hail Sezer
04-04-15, 08:12 AM
Roberts....Roberts.....Roberts...............The only time he passed the ball to Mead and he didn't need to coz he would have scored himself. :doh: He had maybe 6 chances during the game to pass and I am well aware your winger is exposed, so the centre weighs up the decision to pass or not but late in the first half is an example. Roberts 2 metres from the line, centre makes a grab for him but winger also come in, hmm...ideal time to throw it out to an unmarked Mead but nope, took it to ground. But the one that pisses me off most is the dropped ball (knock on) by Roberts in the 2nd half that allowed Jack Reed to run 70 metres or whatever it was that ended in a Broncos try. Watch the replay people. Roberts just shook his head and made absolutely no effort to make up for his mistake. i.e. Chase down Reed. Don't get me wrong, I like Roberts and what he brings to the game. But more than flair is required. The guy has to show more ticker, not drop your head when you make a mistake. So, I am going to give him another chance or I will be making team changes. Onwards and Upwards Mr Roberts....Now that, (Mr Roberts) alongside To Sir With Love are amongst my favourite movies. Oh, I think I am heading off topic..

Bit harsh IMO mate. Without him we wouldn't have even scored a try vs the Sharks..yes he makes some poor decisions but he brings more good than bad and the plan last night was clearly to give him ball in space (it's just a shame that ended up being our 5th tackle play - poor execution). Last night was the first game he got too much ball than he knew what to do with, generally he gets 0. He will learn from it and I wouldn't say he is in danger of being dropped

DavidBouveng
04-04-15, 08:21 AM
yeah early on i was like oooh we spinning it to JT often....nice. then it became, oh we shovelling it to him every chance we get.

i think the fact he obviously didnt pass when he could have in first half, then gave a ball to Mead which he didnt need to shows he copped a bake at halftime and tried to rectify.

Titanic Believer
04-04-15, 09:08 AM
I like what I'm seeing. If the young fellows keep learning, often by their mistakes, by the end of the year and next year we will be a very competitive team. We have recovered the first prerequisite of a good team, not giving up. Those who are not improving should be dumped, unfortunately Zilly seems to be one of them. The Broncos let us back into the game last night, but that's probably a product of all their young players. They have a long way to go.

Hail Sezer
04-04-15, 09:34 AM
Some really good comments in here. It's good to see Meady getting appreciation because he has been sensational. Plays with more urgency than anyone and his extra reliable.

Moseley and Elgey really need to stay and deserve to hold their starting positions. We lose absolutely nothing having them there instead of Falloon/Mortimer and we gain that youthful flair and long-term promise. It really is an exciting prospect having those 2 in our spine, both 21 years old and building in confidence by the week. LG' defence looked improved in the contact and he will continue to learn in regards to making reads. It's good to see him having a go as well, taking the line on.

Not going to bother commenting on Zillman, it's worthless and we all know he will be in the team next week.

Oh and Ryan James was sensational. The chemistry between him and LG is looking slick and he's running some handy lines.

Some really good signs and I honestly think we were the better team. They scored some dubious/tinny tries that really made it difficult for us but our first 15 minutes were excellent and showed what we are capable of.

Jonathonbcode
04-04-15, 09:54 AM
Why does Zillman never get dropped from the side? He is like a ****ing cockroach. He just wont go away...

shamus
04-04-15, 11:27 AM
Bit harsh IMO mate. Without him we wouldn't have even scored a try vs the Sharks..yes he makes some poor decisions but he brings more good than bad and the plan last night was clearly to give him ball in space (it's just a shame that ended up being our 5th tackle play - poor execution). Last night was the first game he got too much ball than he knew what to do with, generally he gets 0. He will learn from it and I wouldn't say he is in danger of being dropped

Hey HS.......You obviously don't know yet. Never, ever read my posts after 10pm.

Hail Sezer
04-04-15, 11:29 AM
Hey HS.......You obviously don't know yet. Never, ever read my posts after 10pm.

I'm disappointed in myself for not knowing that. I'll show myself out :laugh:

Supergoose
04-04-15, 11:32 AM
I think the Roberts issue tonight was a result of Bird being on his edge. Need to work out where to put Bird in attack because he kills whatever edge he is on. Taylor is a beeter option on the edge and James is doing a good job on the left. Agree with the commentary on Mead, he was excellent. Based on the difference in our play from when Zillman and Hoffman was at the back we have to persist with Hoffman there for a few games.

I think we should be playing Mead inside Roberts more as he seems to have a better feel for when to pass. I have been an advocate for Bird playing left centre in the past. I think he would be less disruptive there and would be a great weapon for us.

I still thought we were heaps better than the result showed last night and I love what Elgey is showing and believe we should persist.

mup23
04-04-15, 02:09 PM
While I still hold a candle for our top 8 chances for this year, as soon as Henry took over we were all looking forward to 2016 more than we have for any season in a long time.
There's still a lot of Carty that needs to be coached out and Henry has only been able to do so much with the squad. Especially with the off field dramas.

Early errors and late penalties are killing us more than anything.

It's a work in progress and the future looks brighter than it has for a long time. Our young guys will get better and our underachieving older guys will get moved on.

We have gone close in all but one of our gamed, and even the Panthers game we could've been up 12-0 early.
We're doing much better overall than we were last year when we fluked our way to the top of thr ladder early.

DavidBouveng
04-04-15, 04:24 PM
if we use this year as the rebuilding year it is (as will next year and year after if we're fair dinkum), let LG and Moseley learn on the run, keep learning how to use the ball and certain players ill be so happy.

there are definite signs of better play and effort. only one player who really doesnt belong at this point.

also, Burr has copped abit of flak and some deserved...but the team that puts up with some short term pain with him ironing out errors, will get a huge framed beast of a back rower / prop. he is a line bending metre eater just waiting to be unleashed.

isaiah
04-04-15, 11:54 PM
This game is so frustrating! We've been playing some of our best fopty yet we ar down by 12?

Credit goes to the master coach who has them defending so well

- - - Updated - - -

If you're referring to Bevan French then it's pretty hard to compete when Parra offer him a 1st grade training contract before he's even played a game of 20s...
Why not offer him that, he is guaranteed to make it eventually and his signing could have attracted others

- - - Updated - - -

Ray Hadley, Wally Lewis, Daryn Lockear and Justin Hodges on the commentary team - this won't be biased or anything - also, Yvonne Sampson can be my wife if she plays her cards right.
Wally captain coached a previous Gold Coast franchise and many would say the Broncs shafted him late in his career. If you want biased, listen to mmm.

Titan4Life
05-04-15, 01:43 AM
Just got back from the GC. Really enjoyed my first home game and loved the stadium. Will definitely be returning again when I can :) Here is my take anyway:

-Elgey had a few bad errors but that's expected for a rookie who has only played 2 games. Will get a lot better as weeks go on. Hopefully he doesn't get dropped for Mortimer.

-Pettybourne, Paasi and James all had solid games. Pettybourne ran the ball hard and was our best forward by far. James got through plenty of work in attack and defence.

-Burr also dropped the ball a few times at the end there but he should not be dropped. He has only played 4 or 5 NRL games and will get better as he plays more.

-Zillman should be on the outer but obviously won't be. Didn't play terrible but his crucial errors puts us on the back foot. Crampton should be promoted but won't be.

-Hoffman has to be fullback over Zillman. We look so much better with Hoff at the back and you could tell at the 15 minute mark that the team's performance dropped once Zilly went back.

-Moseley should be our long term hooker. Adds spark to our attack and we look more dangerous when he is on the field.

-Mead showed so much heart like he always does. Never scared to take a hitup or get under the high ball. Also shut down plenty of Bronco attacking opportunities. Don and him are great wingers.

-Roberts was relied on too much. He needs to be given a lot of ball but on Friday night it seemed he was our only go-to-man. Being marked by Jack Reed who is a great defender limited his chances.

DIEHARD
05-04-15, 03:45 AM

Welcome to the forum! Always love having lurkers take the plunge.

I agree with Zillman. Im glad he is being slowly shifted away from fullback. But don't want to see us playing two fullbacks.

Maybe we will see a change soon. I think so.

DIEHARD
05-04-15, 03:51 AM
Really excited about Egley. Im surely many in the RL world took note. I wouldnt blame him for chancing his arm. I like that in a halfback.

Roberts was great. James had one of his best games in a long time. Moseley really adds some fire, really pleased with him. Cant overstate how important the hooker role is for us. Paasi was also a good performer.

Was frustrating early on, we were playing well but the Broncos still were smashing us. One of their tries was particularly dodgy. But their defence was rock solid. Was Bennett even there? I didn't see him on the TV at all.

I hate losing to the Broncos. But there are many glimmers of hope.

Well done to everyone who made it out to the stadium.

DIEHARD
05-04-15, 04:08 AM
Titans v Broncos: Five key points

The Broncos' defensive wall continues to hold firm, Anthony Milford battles a perception he has been down on confidence and Titans back-rower Ryan James is being discussed as an Origin bolter... again.

Strong early defence sets the tone

It's almost a given in the modern game that if you can absorb early pressure and keep your defensive line unbroken, points will invariably follow at the other end. The Titans hammered away at the Broncos' line for the first quarter of the game and came up with nought, before Brisbane scored three tries in the space of six minutes when they finally got their hands on the ball.

A Titans try directly from a Broncos error in the 34th minute was just the second first-half try Brisbane have conceded in their past four games.

"I always think that's probably the way the game works, get strength from your defence. It gives you confidence," said Broncos coach Wayne Bennett.

Titans skipper Nate Myles said: "We started well but definitely the polish on our attack is the downfall for us."

"We're building pressure but not consistently and when we do let them off we really let them off."

No issues with Milford's confidence

He had not yet displayed the same spark in his first month at the Broncos that was regularly on show with the Raiders last year but any suggestion Anthony Milford was down on confidence was a fabric of the media's imagination. That was the assertion of Broncos coach Wayne Bennett after a match in which Milford opened his try-scoring account at Brisbane with a first half-double and finished the match with a game-high five tackle busts.

"I didn't think he was un-confident anyway. You guys (the media) are running his career at the moment and we're just on the sidelines," Bennett said.

Stand-in skipper Corey Parker was a little more expansive on Milford's performance, highlighting the platform laid by the Broncos' forwards.

"The monkey is off his back now from you guys but if the guys in the middle aren't doing their job it makes it very hard for those two guys (Milford and Ben Hunt) to create," Parker said.

"Fortunately tonight there were some opportunities for them off the back of some quick play-the-balls and they fed off that."

Sezer and Elgey worth persevering with

He cut something of a disconsolate figure at the Titans' post-match function but the addition of Kane Elgey into the halves alongside Aidan Sezer looks to be a combination worth sticking with. First-choice halfback Daniel Mortimer is not expected to be available for selection for another fortnight with a wrist injury, but Elgey has shown enough in two games to suggest he brings an extra dimension to the Gold Coast attack.

The 21-year-old challenged the line with his running game and has a more varied kicking game than Mortimer, but Titans coach Neil Henry said that it remains a steep learning curve.

"I thought defensively at times he was quite good but he is young and inexperienced," Henry said.

"It's all new to him but he's our option at the moment and with 'Morts' out in particular we're not flush with other options. In saying that, he's gaining confidence and he's certainly got the support of his teammates."

Copley's defence worthy of regular centre spot

It was the only question mark over his ability to nail down a regular spot in the centres last season but Dale Copley's strength in defence against the Titans highlighted the need to find a permanent place for him one spot in from the wing. Brought in for the injured Justin Hodges, Copley delivered some crunching hits on the likes of Ryan James, William Zillman and Josh Hoffman as well as having two tackle busts and running 95 metres from limited attacking opportunities. Having missed the past three weeks with a calf injury, a spot needs to be found for Copley even after Hodges' return.

Ryan James is looking Origin worthy... again

Coach Neil Henry described his past two performances as his best games for the club, while captain Nate Myles believes Ryan James is producing the type of football to put him into the frame for New South Wales Origin selection. James was a tower of strength on Friday night, running for 178 metres as well as making 28 tackles, four tackle busts and a line break and Myles had no hesitation in endorsing his Origin credentials.

"His last two weeks he has stepped it up and hopefully he keeps improving because he has that ability," Myles said of his Origin prospects.

"I think Ryan himself is a little bit over people talking about what he can do; he just wants to do it now and he's on his way. I only wish the best for him but he'll be on the other side too."

http://www.nrl.com/titans-v-broncos-five-key-points/tabid/10874/newsid/85085/default.aspx

Jonathonbcode
05-04-15, 09:01 AM
How does Zillman stay in the team?

nimud
05-04-15, 09:26 AM
Really excited about Egley. Im surely many in the RL world took note. I wouldnt blame him for chancing his arm. I like that in a halfback.

Roberts was great. James had one of his best games in a long time. Moseley really adds some fire, really pleased with him. Cant overstate how important the hooker role is for us. Paasi was also a good performer.

Was frustrating early on, we were playing well but the Broncos still were smashing us. One of their tries was particularly dodgy. But their defence was rock solid. Was Bennett even there? I didn't see him on the TV at all.

I hate losing to the Broncos. But there are many glimmers of hope.

Well done to everyone who made it out to the stadium.

Good summary of the game. It's great to see Ryan James playing well. We've always known he has potential, but injuries have really held back since he has made grade.

Very happy Moseley is given a chance over srama.

Jimmy Roberts has that ex factor, but he needs to learn to pass at certain times. Mead had a certain try if Roberts passed instead of being barged over the sideline.

The dodds "try" was a typical example of the state of refereeing ATM the moment. So many "officials" and still get it wrong when all commentators & fans see it as a thaiday knockon. Take that try out of the game, and fate of the game may have been different (pending burr knock ons!)

- - - Updated - - -

Probably the best game I have seen Myles play for a very long time. Amazing what happens when a contract is expiring...hope he keeps it up. We need leaders in the forwards.

Titanic
05-04-15, 12:02 PM
Although I totally agree that if Roberts had passed to Mead, and if Mead had caught it then there probably would have been a try but how often do we see similar decisions made every week by every team … lighten-up lads, he scores way more than he bombs. And as for Burrs errors, they were mostly from over-exuberiance, something that we have been lacking.

DIEHARD
05-04-15, 02:48 PM
Jimmy Roberts has that ex factor, but he needs to learn to pass at certain times. Mead had a certain try if Roberts passed instead of being barged over the sideline.

Yea one instance of that cost us a try. But next time he did pass to Mead to score, so hopefully he learnt.

But he really was dangerous and exciting. Not something I ever really have equated to Titans centres in a very long time.

DIEHARD
05-04-15, 02:49 PM
Yea hard luck for Burr. I forgive him.

DavidBouveng
05-04-15, 07:14 PM
that was Burr's second game wasnt it?

he mustnt have done much in the first game against tigers...the announcer on friday welcomed on for his interchange as making his debut...

another small fluff up... the ball boys god bless em we miles behind with tees and balls near the end when we were trying to get back in the match. one kid was like 6 and no one was giving him much help or helping him get stuff where it was needed.

LASTLY....i wish they marketed it as Easter night instead of neon night...i didnt take my little girl as i thought it was a bit late..but if i knew the the mascots and easter bunny would be giving out eggs i would have brought her for sure. she would have gone mental for that.

sorry to sound negative, as i said in earlier posts, i had a ball and enjoyed the hell out of the night

teke
05-04-15, 07:44 PM
He's a classic ball hog, ain't no denying that but he gets the tries. We could have Jordan Atkins back in there if ya want

Titanic
05-04-15, 11:24 PM
He's a classic ball hog, ain't no denying that but he gets the tries. We could have Jordan Atkins back in there if ya want
I can see that but don't agree … I reckon he's a young bloke with high expectations from all sorts of people feeling his way in a team that is struggling to find their mojo.

I would love him to be feeding Mead too and I hope that learns his craft well but a classic ball hog? Nah, he just doesn't know any better yet.

If he had reversed his decision-making and passed in the first instance and dummied in the second there would possibly have been two tries in that corner but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

teke
06-04-15, 12:45 AM
The
I can see that but don't agree … I reckon he's a young bloke with high expectations from all sorts of people feeling his way in a team that is struggling to find their mojo.

I would love him to be feeding Mead too and I hope that learns his craft well but a classic ball hog? Nah, he just doesn't know any better yet.

If he had reversed his decision-making and passed in the first instance and dummied in the second there would possibly have been two tries in that corner but hindsight is a wonderful thing.im not talking about only that game, there has been plenty of times he's got tunnel vision.

I don't see it as a big problem cause every team needs a centre that is good at skipping on the outside of his opponent