PDA

View Full Version : Round 4: SHARKS vs TITANS

DIEHARD
23-03-15, 10:05 AM
SHARKS vs TITANS

Remondis Stadium Saturday, 5.30pm (AEDT)

Sharks

1 Michael Gordon
2 Sosaia Feki
3 Gerard Beale
4 Ricky Leutele
5 Valentine Holmes
6 Wade Graham
7 Jeff Robson
8 Andrew Fifita
9 Michael Ennis
10 Chris Heighington
11 Jayson Bukuya
12 Anthony Tupou
13 Paul Gallen (c)

Interchange
14 Luke Lewis
15 Matt Prior
16 Jack Bird
17 David Fifita
18 Tinirau Arona

Coach: Shane Flanagan

Titans

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Anthony Don
3 James Roberts
4 William Zillman
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Kane Elgey
8 Luke Douglas
9 Beau Fallooon
10 Nate Myles (c)
11 Ryan James
12 Dave Taylor
13 Greg Bird

Interchange
14 Eddy Pettybourne
15 Matt White
16 Ryan Simpkins
17 Kierran Moseley
18 Agnatius Paasi

Coach: Neil Henry

TITAN PETE
24-03-15, 06:58 AM
The downside for us this week is Barba has been suspended for 2 weeks so we won't get to enjoy what the past 3 opposition teams have enjoyed with his no idea of what a 5/8 should be doing .... I think we can beat them still

karnage
24-03-15, 08:22 AM
The downside for us this week is Barba has been suspended for 2 weeks so we won't get to enjoy what the past 3 opposition teams have enjoyed with his no idea of what a 5/8 should be doing .... I think we can beat them still

Hahaha!! I came on here to say exactly the same thing, you beat me to it!!;)

Hail Sezer
24-03-15, 09:13 AM
Kilmurray tweeted that Morts isn't training, LG playing the role.

Morts is injured however so I still think he will retain the #7 jumper (although that is not my preference)

LG could very well be named at 18th man

ozynorts
24-03-15, 09:16 AM
I would prefer he wasn't 18th man. I would rather he was playing, if not NRL then with Tweed. I want him sharp not wilting on the bench with no hope of playing.
Has anyone heard how bad Mortimer's injury is?
Overall I don't expect any changes this week as Henry will want to give the team time to gel with the players that only came back last week.

Brock O'Brien
24-03-15, 09:42 AM
Kilmurray tweeted that Morts isn't training, LG playing the role.

Morts is injured however so I still think he will retain the #7 jumper (although that is not my preference)

LG could very well be named at 18th man

Paddy just tweeted that Morts can't play for a couple of weeks

Hail Sezer
24-03-15, 09:43 AM
Paddy just tweeted that Morts can't play for a couple of weeks

LG in?!!?

Brock O'Brien
24-03-15, 09:49 AM
Man I hope so! A couple weeks should be enough for him to keep that spot

Toads
24-03-15, 10:03 AM
It's gunna be interesting to see if Henry goes with it. It seems there's never been a better time than now.

Show and Go
24-03-15, 11:02 AM
Barba out for the Sharks as well. We really are a good chance of winning this one. So keen to see Elgey debut. Please let it happen.

ozynorts
24-03-15, 11:31 AM
I bet Mortimer is not happy about that. If Elgey gets the call up it may be the end for him in the 7, and hopefully the end of the stupid hooker rotation.

gotitans101_
24-03-15, 11:59 AM
Barba out for the Sharks as well. We really are a good chance of winning this one. So keen to see Elgey debut. Please let it happen.

Barba has been crap for them anyway, don't think it makes much difference imo.

DIEHARD
24-03-15, 12:12 PM
I cant believe how far Ben Barba has fallen.

Bayside Titan
24-03-15, 02:41 PM
@travismeyn: Titans young gun Kane Elgey will make his NRL debut against Cronulla this week. Excited to see how he goes. #NRL

Enter the Elgey. !!!!!!!!!

TitansFan92
24-03-15, 02:58 PM
I am on a high right now. Can't wait to see team list for this week. I have all the confidence in the world that we can win this one just like we should have won against the Knights.

timor 2
24-03-15, 04:03 PM
Titans
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Anthony Don
3 James Roberts
4 William Zillman
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Kane Elgey
8 Luke Douglas
9 Beau Fallooon
10 Nate Myles (c)
11 Ryan James
12 Dave Taylor
13 Greg Bird

Interchange
14 Eddy Pettybourne
15 Matt White
16 Ryan Simpkins
17 Kierran Moseley
18 Agnatius Paasi

Coach: Neil Henry

Former NYC Player of the Year Kane Elgey is set to make his Titans debut in place of Daniel Mortimer who will miss the next two weeks due to a wrist injury while Agnatius Paasi is named on an extended bench

matti
24-03-15, 04:21 PM
zillman is the george constanza of the titans; sucks at his jobs but seems to still keep them.

ozynorts
24-03-15, 04:31 PM
Good to see Elgey has got his chance. Hopefully he can help spark the attack and we can beat those guppies form the shire.

Toads
24-03-15, 06:27 PM
I like to have Henry's take on it to why Roberts 'n Zillman get a run before Crampton. We need a bloke of his calibre as a Centre. He's a big unit with speed 'n fancy footwork to suit. Something we've been lacking out wide for some time..

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, lookin' forward to LG's debut. :)

gotitans101_
24-03-15, 06:43 PM
How Zillman gets to keep his spot after that atrocious performance on the weekend is beyond me.

Looking forward to LG's dubut too but I can't help but think we're expecting a little too much of him for his first game, especially away from home against a Sharks side hungry for their first win.

DavidBouveng
24-03-15, 06:44 PM
Zillmans 150th... would anyone wager on him making it to 200?

Titanic
24-03-15, 06:56 PM
Zillmans 150th... would anyone wager on him making it to 200?
All he has to do is play for Henry or Cartwright and he'll pooh it in. After his truly anus horribilis of a season so far I just don't get how he can even be considered in the team.

Show and Go
24-03-15, 07:21 PM
The most ridiculous thing about Zillman is that club uses him as the face and trots him out to the media at any opportunity. I guess he is in the leadership group as well. Just stunning. Shane Perry was a better player ffs. Canberra well and truly dodged a bullet when he signed with us.

5 Year Contract
24-03-15, 07:35 PM
Elgey! great news! Zillman ffs I know you are always going to be named until YOU not the coaches decide you can no longer play but I always have that tiny glimmer of hope that I will read the team list and you wont be named. Surely Crampton is getting close!!

Surely this has to be our first win (well realistically and amazingly we should be 2 from 3!) but some players need to step up this week like Sezer did last week. Bird especially needs to get that niggle and **** out of his game.

Like every week I really hope we can stop making errors and giving away penalties at crucial times. It is costing us games

toddythetitan
24-03-15, 07:41 PM
I guess this saturday the unofficial 3rd entrant in the race to partner cherry evans gets his opportunity lets hope Mortimers out of the frame now and the young gun kane elgey doesnt crumble under pressure fingers crossed he doesnt go kane!

K2G
24-03-15, 08:16 PM
Happy to see LG get a well deserved opportunity so early in the season. I hope Paasi sneaks into the 17 (for White) on game day. I'll be going to this game, can't wait.

Titan4Life
24-03-15, 09:48 PM
Glad to see Elgey will make his debut! Good to see a kid come through the ranks and finally break the top squad. Hopefully he can kill it on Saturday night and make the spot his own for the rest of the year :thumbsup:

Toads
24-03-15, 09:54 PM
How Zillman gets to keep his spot after that atrocious performance on the weekend is beyond me.

Looking forward to LG's dubut too but I can't help but think we're expecting a little too much of him for his first game, especially away from home against a Sharks side hungry for their first win.

Yep, I don't think most of us are expecting him to set the world on fire, in his first NRL game. But I'd be quite happy to see him ease his way into it over a few rounds. Just as long as he's given a proper go 'n not shelved as soon as Mortimer has recovered from his hand injury.

That would be a kick in the guts, especially if he's (LG) performance is up to scratch and showing signs of improving..

TITAN PETE
25-03-15, 06:55 AM
Nowhere to hide for Titans debutant

By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
Wed, Mar 25, 2015 - 06:00AM
Titans coach Neil Henry has warned Kane Elgey that there will be nowhere to hide against the Sharks on Saturday after naming the 21-year-old to make his NRL debut this weekend.

Elgey has become the latest graduate of the Australian Schoolboys class of 2011 to be handed an NRL debut after Daniel Mortimer sustained a wrist injury last weekend that will sideline him for close to a month.

The Tugun Seahawks junior will partner Aidan Sezer in the halves against the Sharks in Sydney on Saturday evening and join a growing list of young stars to make their NRL debuts in the past two seasons.

Elgey partnered Wests Tigers back-rower Curtis Sironen in the halves when the Australian Schoolboys squared a series against the New Zealand Residents 18s one-all in 2011 in an Aussie team that also boasted the likes of David Klemmer (Bulldogs), George Jennings (Panthers), Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles), Junior Paulo (Eels) and Samisoni Langi (Roosters).

Named the under-20s player of the year despite the Titans finishing second-last in 2014, Elgey's promotion has come earlier than coach Neil Henry anticipated but he is confident he will make a positive contribution in what will be a hostile environment.

"It's probably come a bit sooner than expected for all of us but he's been in pretty good form in the Queensland Cup," said Henry, highlighting Elgey's man-of-the-match performance for Tweed Heads last weekend.

"He'll have to [contribute] and he'll have to control his edge as well. Aidan [Sezer] will put his hand up to be the major voice there – as he should with his experience – but you can't go away from the fact that once you put that jumper on you've got to command the ball and get some of the kicks away and hold your own out there.

"He's been ordering players around during the pre-season anyway and he's been able to get out there with the NRL boys for a whole pre-season so his confidence is good, he's playing some good footy."

Although he has limited opportunities in open competition and his player of the year award came as something of a surprise, Elgey's composure at training and performances in pre-season trials were proof enough that he was nearing what was required to play in the NRL.

Henry was coy when asked whether the left-footed Elgey would force him to shift Sezer (also a left-footer) to the right side of the field – "We might keep 'Flanno' (Sharks coach Shane Flanagan) guessing there" – but said how he holds up in defence will be of greater importance than what he brings in attack.

"He's a left-footer, he's got a bit of a sharp step there too and he can play at the line and play nice and square for us," Henry said.

"He's deceptive, he's got a little bit of speed there and one thing he has done is to build up his strength and improved his defence which will need to be on song on the weekend against a side with [Paul] Gallen lurking around the middle and who likes to play short sides as well.

"We're confident that the guys around him will help him out and he's really looking forward to the challenge, quite excited to get the nod."

Saturday's game against the Sharks marks a couple of milestones at the club with the Titans to be playing in their 200th premiership match and centre William Zillman to play his 150th NRL game having debuted for the Raiders in Round 2, 2006.

Hail Sezer
25-03-15, 07:01 AM

By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
Wed, Mar 25, 2015 - 06:00AM
Titans coach Neil Henry has warned Kane Elgey that there will be nowhere to hide against the Sharks on Saturday after naming the 21-year-old to make his NRL debut this weekend.

Elgey has become the latest graduate of the Australian Schoolboys class of 2011 to be handed an NRL debut after Daniel Mortimer sustained a wrist injury last weekend that will sideline him for close to a month.

The Tugun Seahawks junior will partner Aidan Sezer in the halves against the Sharks in Sydney on Saturday evening and join a growing list of young stars to make their NRL debuts in the past two seasons.

Elgey partnered Wests Tigers back-rower Curtis Sironen in the halves when the Australian Schoolboys squared a series against the New Zealand Residents 18s one-all in 2011 in an Aussie team that also boasted the likes of David Klemmer (Bulldogs), George Jennings (Panthers), Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles), Junior Paulo (Eels) and Samisoni Langi (Roosters).

Named the under-20s player of the year despite the Titans finishing second-last in 2014, Elgey's promotion has come earlier than coach Neil Henry anticipated but he is confident he will make a positive contribution in what will be a hostile environment.

"It's probably come a bit sooner than expected for all of us but he's been in pretty good form in the Queensland Cup," said Henry, highlighting Elgey's man-of-the-match performance for Tweed Heads last weekend.

"He'll have to [contribute] and he'll have to control his edge as well. Aidan [Sezer] will put his hand up to be the major voice there – as he should with his experience – but you can't go away from the fact that once you put that jumper on you've got to command the ball and get some of the kicks away and hold your own out there.

"He's been ordering players around during the pre-season anyway and he's been able to get out there with the NRL boys for a whole pre-season so his confidence is good, he's playing some good footy."

Although he has limited opportunities in open competition and his player of the year award came as something of a surprise, Elgey's composure at training and performances in pre-season trials were proof enough that he was nearing what was required to play in the NRL.

Henry was coy when asked whether the left-footed Elgey would force him to shift Sezer (also a left-footer) to the right side of the field – "We might keep 'Flanno' (Sharks coach Shane Flanagan) guessing there" – but said how he holds up in defence will be of greater importance than what he brings in attack.

"He's a left-footer, he's got a bit of a sharp step there too and he can play at the line and play nice and square for us," Henry said.

"He's deceptive, he's got a little bit of speed there and one thing he has done is to build up his strength and improved his defence which will need to be on song on the weekend against a side with [Paul] Gallen lurking around the middle and who likes to play short sides as well.

"We're confident that the guys around him will help him out and he's really looking forward to the challenge, quite excited to get the nod."

Saturday's game against the Sharks marks a couple of milestones at the club with the Titans to be playing in their 200th premiership match and centre William Zillman to play his 150th NRL game having debuted for the Raiders in Round 2, 2006.

Would not be surprised to see LG on that left edge, where he will remain in 2016 and beyond to accomadate DCE on the right :thumbsup:

karnage
25-03-15, 08:25 AM
zillman is the george constanza of the titans; sucks at his jobs but seems to still keep them.

I'm pretty sure he has a third party sponsorship deal with Vanderlay Industries.

Mr Stupid
25-03-15, 09:51 AM
I'm pretty sure he has a third party sponsorship deal with Vanderlay Industries.

The Import or the Export side of the business?

teke
25-03-15, 04:40 PM
Sharks pack are really going to target poor lil Elgey lol. The Fifita boys are bullies and will stick it to him hard.

He will be on the right side and I have every confidence the 2 weapons over there will get tries

Titanic Believer
25-03-15, 06:33 PM
Sharks pack are really going to target poor lil Elgey lol. The Fifita boys are bullies and will stick it to him hard.

He will be on the right side and I have every confidence the 2 weapons over there will get tries

One team has to start coming good soon. I just hope that it's us. Two winnable matches lost show that we need to develop composure and close out games. LG starts his NRL lessons now.

Jonathonbcode
25-03-15, 10:20 PM
Zillman herpes strikes again...

Toads
26-03-15, 12:28 AM
Look at the bright side (in regards to Zillman). He's about half way through his career, and we only got the second half to persevere with now..

Jonathonbcode
26-03-15, 01:02 AM
It's frustrating, this whole "Yeah, but he shows up and trains..really good!"

Yes, and Lil Wayne can show up to a recording studio on set time and write for 24 hours..it doesn't make him Tupac ****ing Shakur.

Zillman must give good ...., or something? :s

Titanic
26-03-15, 09:37 AM
I assume you mean Roberts and Mead :)

K2G
26-03-15, 05:05 PM
This is a good forum, that I usually really enjoy reading excellent comments, but there is times when I am disapointed. Yes you can bag a player, but some comments in my opinion come very close to slanderous and we have to be very careful. Yes we should comment on Zillman and his poor form but in the correct spirit. This man has still played 149 NRL games and soon to play 150, which is a fantastic milestone for any player and I congratulate him on that effort, and hopefully he has a blinder v the Sharks. not many of us on this forum have played one NRL game.

I think most people who 'bag' zillman (for example), aren't comparing him to their own personal talent or skill, but to other NRL quality/ up and coming fullbacks. I just can't see how that is not fair game?

For interest sake, where do you rank zillman amongst the 16 NRL fullbacks currently starting for their clubs?

I think 99.9% of honest footy fans would have him dead last.

Great bloke, obviously a gifted athlete. Will probably have heaps to offer in an off field role ... but whether you like it or not, compared to the field, he is below average.

I'm surprised that for a bloke with such exceptional insight regarding our juniours TC, that you don't get more fired up about how/why Zillman has managed to keep his spot, while plenty of our home grown local young talents have been systematically over-looked.

Toads
26-03-15, 05:06 PM
Here's the thing though, Titan Crius. We're not being paid to play up to the standard of what's expected of a NRL player. That pretty well null 'n voids the pointless comment in regards to us Forums members even playing a single game in the NRL. Whereas Zillman is, and he's not even up to par of Club Football standard. Can you see where the issue lays with a few supporters and seeing him constantly being named in the 17, week in 'n week out?

If he had the odd blinder of a game, I dare say people wouldn't be bagging him at all. But I for one am yet to see him to deliver on that, on at least one occasion since him being signed on the 5 year deal.

5 Year Contract
26-03-15, 05:31 PM
This is a good forum, that I usually really enjoy reading excellent comments, but there is times when I am disapointed. Yes you can bag a player, but some comments in my opinion come very close to slanderous and we have to be very careful. Yes we should comment on Zillman and his poor form but in the correct spirit. This man has still played 149 NRL games and soon to play 150, which is a fantastic milestone for any player and I congratulate him on that effort, and hopefully he has a blinder v the Sharks. not many of us on this forum have played one NRL game.

Careful? In my opinion and as others have stated he is not NRL caliber probably for the last 2 years and would not make the starting 18 in any other side in the NRL. He hasn't delivered anything other than mediocrity for 2 years and its getting to the point where he is holding other players back from at least being given an opportunity to come through and flourish.

150 games is great but you are only as good as your last at bat and he just ain't good enough. Most players realise the game is starting to pass them and bow out gracefully yet for whatever reason we are going to be stuck with the zilolololo until HE not our coaching staff decides he is finished. Quite frankly his 5 year contract was an absolute shocking error of judgement.

No i've never played a 1st grade NRL game but have supported the club since its inception and quite honestly I feel all the recent comments about Zillman are more than warranted and at their worst are a harmless bit of banter among us fans....definitely nothing to "be careful" about

TitansFan92
26-03-15, 06:19 PM
Its a bit of banter and in my eyes has not crossed the line at all. Zillman is crap and should not have had the chance to play 150 games. He should have been in Qcup for at least the last 3 years and even then he is to **** for even that. All I can day is his 5 year deal must have some **** in it to say that unless injured he must play NRL or something because I see no other reason why he is still in the team.

JunctionBlock
26-03-15, 06:38 PM
I just wish we were the club that had him for 25 games rather than the 125 games.

Toads
26-03-15, 07:14 PM
Careful? In my opinion and as others have stated he is not NRL caliber probably for the last 2 years and would not make the starting 18 in any other side in the NRL. He hasn't delivered anything other than mediocrity for 2 years and its getting to the point where he is holding other players back from at least being given an opportunity to come through and flourish.

This is the most unfortunate part about the whole deal. It just sends the wrong message in so many different ways..

matti
26-03-15, 09:18 PM
i was gifted at being a artist, i am sure Zillman can't draw like me.... But i dont suck at what i do :P

Boonarga
26-03-15, 10:38 PM
Really, if we are going to win any game, it's this one. At $2.60 for the win or $3.60 for the half time/full time double it looks a good bet.
Barba out and Elgey in are both positive moves.

DIEHARD
27-03-15, 01:16 AM
Gold Coast's Ryan Simpkins has sung the praises of rookie half Kane Elgey ahead of the 21-year-old's NRL debut.

They might only have been teammates for a short while but Gold Coast's Ryan Simpkins likes what he sees in rookie half Kane Elgey.

The 21-year-old playmaker will make his NRL debut in Saturday's clash with Cronulla, a crucial match with both sides going in at 0-3 for the season so far.

Simpkins, a former Gold Coast youngster who is back at the Titans after two seasons with Penrith, said Elgey had made an instant impression on him through the pre-season.

A wrist injury to Daniel Mortimer has forced coach Neil Henry to throw Elgey into first grade earlier in the year than he would have liked, but Simpkins doesn't think it'll be a drama.

"I hadn't seen much of him before this year, but I've been pretty impressed by how he's handled himself in training," Simpkins said.

"He's been one of the standout players for Tweed in the first three weeks so I think he's ready. He'll step up.

"He's a fairly instinctive sort of player. He'll combine pretty well with Aidan (Sezer) there.

"If he just plays his natural game and does the same thing he's been doing each week at Tweed, I think he'll be fine."

There's no doubt in Simpkins' mind that a physical Sharks pack will aim to target Elgey to try to rattle the reigning under-20 player of the year.

Simpkins said he and his fellow forwards would have to step up to protect their playmakers, especially with experienced Sharks skipper Paul Gallen leading the charge.

"On the weekend against the Knights, they tried to do a similar thing, tried to intimidate and be really physical which is pretty much exactly what Cronulla's going to do as well," he said.

"There's no doubt we've got to take it to them as well. If we do that, I think we'll give our halves the chance to put some points on."

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news

DIEHARD
27-03-15, 01:19 AM
Sharks v Titans preview

Cronulla Sharks v Gold Coast Titans
Remondis Stadium
Saturday, 5.30pm (AEDT)

Like a shimmering oasis in a desert of defeats, this game represents short-term salvation to two teams who have just three wins in their past 18 matches between them dating all the way back to Round 18 last season.

Unfortunately for either the Sharks or the Titans, however, someone is going to land in nothing but sand while the other bathes in the welcoming waters of a win.

These are two of only three teams still winless through three rounds – the other being the Cowboys – and both are in desperate need of some good news after a trying past 12 months.

The Sharks ran headlong into a rampant Storm outfit in Melbourne last Saturday night following losses to the Raiders and Broncos at home in the opening fortnight while the Titans have dropped their two games at home by a combined total of three points to the Wests Tigers and Knights.

The Sharks' misfiring attack has been forced into a shake-up with the suspension of five-eighth Ben Barba, Wade Graham moving in to the No.6 jersey to partner Jeff Robson in the halves and Anthony Tupou elevated from the bench and into the back row.

With Sam Tagataese out through injury a spot on the Cronulla bench has been handed to exciting prospect Jack Bird to make his NRL debut.

The Titans also have a new-look halves combination with Daniel Mortimer looking at a month on the sidelines with a wrist injury and reigning under-20s player of the year Kane Elgey coming into the team to earn his first NRL call-up.

Having welcomed back Greg Bird, Dave Taylor and Beau Falloon last week a new halves combination is less than ideal for a team trying to finally settle on their best 17 although Elgey has shown promise in the trials and early rounds of the Intrust Super Cup.

Chris Heighington celebrates a significant milestone on Saturday playing his 250th NRL game while William Zillman plays his 150th in what is the Titans' 200th premiership fixture since entering the competition in 2007.

Watch Out Sharks: He's soured the memories of his own wedding, been stripped of the club captaincy and is currently embroiled in a drugs scandal to which he has pled not guilty; it's been a horror off-season for Titans lock Greg Bird. But with a restricted preparation Bird was back to his old self on the field on Sunday, playing 65 minutes, running for 136 metres, racking up 24 tackles as well as three tackle busts and an offload in his first game for 2015. Expect an even bigger effort in his second game back against his old club and opposite good mate Paul Gallen.

Watch Out Titans: The 2013 Dally M Prop of the Year played just 12 games in 2014 but it is clear through three rounds that Andrew Fifita is on the verge of the form that elevated him to Origin and Test honours two years ago. Although his numbers were down slightly in Melbourne last week, Fifita is still averaging more than 156 metres per game from three starts with an average per carry of 9.77 metres. His 15 tackle busts make him an ever-present threat in the middle of the ruck and gives his team great momentum to roll down field. The Titans had trouble containing the likes of Kade Snowden and Korbin Sims in the middle last week; it goes to another level again when Fifita and Gallen are on the charge.

Key Match-Up: Jeff Robson v Kane Elgey. The battle-hardened veteran of 136 first grade games across nine seasons against the flashy new kid on the block making his NRL debut will be an intriguing aspect to this contest. The playmaking responsibility for the Sharks will fall more to Robson with Barba on the sidelines while Elgey will be encouraged to showcase his skills alongside Titans five-eighth Aidan Sezer. If the Sharks are to win Robson will have played a leading hand but all Elgey needs is to play a solid supporting role to put the Titans in the box seat.

History: Played 11; Sharks 6; Titans 5. The Titans have opened their past two seasons at Remondis against the Sharks with Cronulla earning an ugly 12-10 win in the wake of the ASADA allegations in 2013 and the Titans nabbing the two competition points 18-12 last year. Although the Titans went winless in their first three visits to the Shire the past four matches between these teams at the venue have been split two apiece.

What Are The Odds: Sharks ($1.50) v Titans ($2.60). Surprisingly there’s 60 per cent more money wagered on the Titans than the Sharks despite Cronulla opening as strong favourites. Gold Coast are also more popular in line betting, where they’re receiving 5.5 points start. Latest odds at Sportsbet.com.au

Did You Know: Captain Paul Gallen is the only current Sharks player to have turned out for the club on more occasions (241 appearances) than Titans prop Luke Douglas. Douglas played 146 consecutive games for the Sharks between 2006-2011 winning 56 of them and scoring 10 tries.

Televised: Fox Sports – Live 5.30pm (AEDT)

Match Officials: Referee: Gerard Sutton; Assistant Referee: Matt Noyen; Touch Judges: David Ryan and Phil Henderson; Video Referees: Shayne Hayne and Henry Perenara.

The Way We See It: Desperate times call for desperate measures but it will be the team that can find their composure first that will take control of this result. Ordinarily you would suggest that the home team may boast something of an edge but the Sharks have won just two of their past 14 games at Remondis while the Titans' away record last year was better than their efforts at home. The Titans looked a far more cohesive unit against the Knights last week but the soft tries they conceded through the middle are of concern against a team such as the Sharks. Cronulla by 4.

http://www.nrl.com/

DIEHARD
27-03-15, 01:26 AM

2014 NYC Player of the Year Kane Elgey will make his NRL debut for the Titans in Round 4. Credit: Robb Cox. Copyright: NRL Photos.

JunctionBlock
27-03-15, 07:02 AM
At least Gavin Badger is no where near this game. Looking forward to our first win of the year and making some good coin too.

DavidBouveng
27-03-15, 09:05 AM
We have matched it with good teams for 5 of the 6 halves we have played this year. (tigers arent great obv. but they wont be bottom 4 either, panthers are top 4 and knights top 6 or 8)

If we continue to show grit and spirit, and improve our attack a little, we should do the sharks. no question.

teke
27-03-15, 12:30 PM
I can see the sharkies rolling up the middle for an easy win

Hail Sezer
27-03-15, 02:09 PM

Nope he's on the left

Henry confirmed it in the latest Titans vid

Moseley out with injury, Srama in

gotitans101_
27-03-15, 02:37 PM

same. Stranger things have happened.

DIEHARD
27-03-15, 10:08 PM
Hooker Kierran Moseley ruled out of Titans’ clash against Cronulla, Matt Srama into side

LIVEWIRE Titans hooker Kierran Moseley has been ruled out of tomorrow’s clash against Cronulla with Matt Srama to replace him on the Gold Coast’s bench.

Moseley was battling knee soreness all week and failed to prove his fitness in this morning’s final training session.

It’s a tough blow for the Titans with Moseley improving every week since making his club debut in Round 1.

He was relegated to the bench last weekend as Beau Falloon return to the side but was more potent coming on in an impact role.

Srama was solid off the bench in the opening two rounds of the season and was sharp for Tweed Heads in the Intrust Super Cup last weekend.

Titans halfback Kane Elgey will make his debut against the Sharks following a wrist injury to Daniel Mortimer.

The Titans suffered a gutting 20-18 loss to Newcastle last Sunday and coach Neil Henry said they were feeling confident ahead of the Sharks clash.

“We’ve taken the positives out of last week,” he said.

“We’ve looked at the goal line defence.

“A bit of a grinding game could be on the cards but they’re a side that’s offloaded the ball a bit.”

The Titans and Sharks are both winless after three rounds in 2015.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/hooker-kierran-moseley-ruled-out-of-titans-clash-against-cronulla-matt-srama-into-side/story-fnj9yd9w-1227281669671?from=gold+coast+bulletin_rss

DIEHARD
28-03-15, 12:00 AM
Must-win for Sharks and Titans: Lewis

Saturday's round-four NRL clash between the winless duo Cronulla and Gold Coast has become do or die for both teams, says Sharks representative back-rower Luke Lewis.

The former Penrith star plays his second game back from a knee injury against the Titans, who have spluttered along to start 2015, much like Cronulla.

Luke Lewis says Cronulla's NRL match against Gold Coast has become must-win for both teams.
It had been anticipated Gold Coast would struggle this season, even before they were hit by off-field drama.

The Sharks, however, were expected to improve plenty on a 2014 in which they claimed the wooden spoon, now they were free of the ASADA scandal that had plagued them for the past two seasons.

Lewis admits the Sharks have started the year far worse than they could have expected and need to get things kick-started now.

Since the NRL began in 1998, only four of the 19 teams that have started the season at 0-4 have gone on to make the finals.

"It's really is must-win for both teams and we know they are going to be as desperate as we are," Lewis told AAP.

"We haven't started the season the way we wanted but it is a long season and, if we can put a few wins together, all of a sudden people will be saying 'how good are the Sharkies going?'.

"We haven't been playing with confidence but, once we get a win, that will come.

"We need to be desperate against the Titans. We need to want it more than them and things will turn around."

The Titans were thumped 40-0 in round two by Penrith, but suffered two late heartbreaking losses to Wests Tigers in round one and Newcastle last start.

"They haven't been going too bad at all," Lewis said ahead of the Remondis Stadium clash.

"Nate Myles has been going along as we all know he can, he is so important for them and you throw Dave Taylor and Greg Bird in there and they have got a forward pack capable of threatening anyone.

"They are the kind of guys we need to limit their impact on the game if we are to come away with our first win of the year.

"We don't think we deserve to be down where we are and I'm sure they feel the same."

Gold Coast suffered a blow late on Friday when young hooker Kierran Moseley was ruled out with a knee injury. Matt Srama was called up to the Titans' bench.

KEY STATS:

The Sharks haven't won a game in the Shire for almost 12 months, losing a club record-equalling nine straight matches at Remondis stadium since round 10 last season

The last two teams to start the season 0-4 have gone on to collect the wooden spoon

This will be the Titans' 200th premiership match and they will be trying to avoid losing their opening four matches to start a season for the first time in their short history

Chris Heighington will play his 250th career match after making his debut for the Wests Tigers in Round 1, 2003 against the Dragons

The Titans have lost their past five away matches, and will be trying to avoid losing a sixth, since losing a club record seven straight in 2007-08.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/26816051/must-win-for-sharks-and-titans-lewis/

DIEHARD
28-03-15, 12:01 AM
Eddy Pettybourne marvels at toughness of Titans teammates Greg Bird and Nate Myles

EDDY Pettybourne once played 50 minutes with a broken jaw but now marvels at the toughness of Titans teammates Nate Myles and Greg Bird.

The Titans bench enforcer is adding much-needed impact to the Gold Coast’s forward pack but he believes it is Myles and Bird who set the standard for toughness in the NRL.

Pettybourne still remembers the day Bird ironed him out with a tackle at Shark Park many years ago and is happy to return to Remondis Stadium on Saturday to play a Cronulla side with Bird as his teammate and not a rival.

“Nate and Birdy, they’ve been the toughest I’ve played against so it’s good to play with them,” Pettybourne said.

“A couple of times when Birdy was at Cronulla he put a shot on me. Nate when he was playing at the Roosters he was really tough too.

“I look up to them guys. They’ve done a lot for themselves playing rep football and I get a lot of advice off them.”

Pettybourne has been the bargain find of the Gold Coast’s forward this season, his numbers off the bench surpassing the starting pack and showing that you don’t need enormous physical size to make an impact.

At just 102kg Pettybourne is making the tough transition from edge backrower to front-row but is pleased with his progress averaging 108m per game to be top of the club’s props.

“Those are my goals I’ve been striving for since I came back to the NRL,” he said.

“I just want to keep it up and help the team out as much as I can.

“We need a win this week, we need to get that two points.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/

DIEHARD
28-03-15, 12:05 AM
With his uncles’ support, Titans’ Kane Elgey to debut for dad
THE AUSTRALIAN MARCH 28, 2015 12:00AM

Those who know Gold Coast *Titans rookie Kane Elgey say the turning point was only a couple of years ago. Confronted by the death of his father Ron — taken in his 40s by leukaemia — Elgey had a choice. He could allow the grief to consume him. Or he could honour his father on the football field.

“His dad wouldn’t miss a game,” Elgey’s uncle Russ Kerr told The Weekend Australian.

“He was his rock. He would cart him to footy training and games. His dad was there the whole time. For Kane, seeing his dad going through that — it would have been over a three or four-year period — is amazing.

“He was at the crossroads. His mates were all surfing and having a great time. Kids at that age can go one way or the other. He just knuckled down and wanted to do it for his dad and prove to everyone he was capable.

“He is a very talented kid.”

Elgey will make his first grade debut for the Titans today against Cronulla at Toyota Stadium. Off contract at the end of the year, he will make his bow as rival clubs, most notably Manly, circle.

It’s a far cry from this time last season, when Elgey didn’t know where rugby league would take him. Amid the concern over his *future, he started working with another of his uncles, Dan Davidson, in his pool plumbing business.

Elgey would spend his winter days in icy water searching for leaks before heading to training in search of an opportunity.

“He got a bit worried,” Davidson said. “He was going so well and that year he expected something to happen. There wasn’t a lot happening until the end.

“He wanted to do something in case it didn’t work out. It is freezing cold in winter but because Kane had his ice baths at training, it didn’t worry him.

“It was the best winter I had.”

By year’s end, Elgey had been named in the Holden Cup team of the year and earned a new one-year deal with the Titans. It got even better on Dally M medal night when he was named Holden Cup player of the year.

“When he joined the Titans’ full-time squad for the pre-season, that was the end of it for me,” *Davidson said.

“I said ‘can you help me on a Saturday?’. Kane said ‘no mate, sorry’. He didn’t want to let me down.

“But I said if football is where you’re going, that’s what you have to do.’’

It’s unlikely to be necessary. Elgey has had to bide his time in the Queensland Cup this season but an injury to Daniel Mortimer has created an opportunity for the 21-year-old.

His selection has given him the chance to honour his father on the game’s biggest stage.

“His dad and I would be watching him all the time,” Kerr said.

“To see that (Ron’s death) happen and then Kane kick on — I have an unbelievable amount of admiration for what he has done and the way he has achieved it.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/

TITAN PETE
28-03-15, 08:54 AM
Great story about Kane but my confidence about winning gas taken a huge dive with Srama being named in the squad he looks to be playing without a lot of confidence..

Davis13
28-03-15, 09:00 AM
So pumped for this game. Can't wait to see elgey in action and see how the boys all go. My tips srama to have a blinder I'm sure he has a point to prove...

Hail Sezer
28-03-15, 09:01 AM
With his uncles’ support, Titans’ Kane Elgey to debut for dad
THE AUSTRALIAN MARCH 28, 2015 12:00AM

Those who know Gold Coast *Titans rookie Kane Elgey say the turning point was only a couple of years ago. Confronted by the death of his father Ron — taken in his 40s by leukaemia — Elgey had a choice. He could allow the grief to consume him. Or he could honour his father on the football field.

“His dad wouldn’t miss a game,” Elgey’s uncle Russ Kerr told The Weekend Australian.

“He was his rock. He would cart him to footy training and games. His dad was there the whole time. For Kane, seeing his dad going through that — it would have been over a three or four-year period — is amazing.

“He was at the crossroads. His mates were all surfing and having a great time. Kids at that age can go one way or the other. He just knuckled down and wanted to do it for his dad and prove to everyone he was capable.

“He is a very talented kid.”

Elgey will make his first grade debut for the Titans today against Cronulla at Toyota Stadium. Off contract at the end of the year, he will make his bow as rival clubs, most notably Manly, circle.

It’s a far cry from this time last season, when Elgey didn’t know where rugby league would take him. Amid the concern over his *future, he started working with another of his uncles, Dan Davidson, in his pool plumbing business.

Elgey would spend his winter days in icy water searching for leaks before heading to training in search of an opportunity.

“He got a bit worried,” Davidson said. “He was going so well and that year he expected something to happen. There wasn’t a lot happening until the end.

“He wanted to do something in case it didn’t work out. It is freezing cold in winter but because Kane had his ice baths at training, it didn’t worry him.

“It was the best winter I had.”

By year’s end, Elgey had been named in the Holden Cup team of the year and earned a new one-year deal with the Titans. It got even better on Dally M medal night when he was named Holden Cup player of the year.

“When he joined the Titans’ full-time squad for the pre-season, that was the end of it for me,” *Davidson said.

“I said ‘can you help me on a Saturday?’. Kane said ‘no mate, sorry’. He didn’t want to let me down.

“But I said if football is where you’re going, that’s what you have to do.’’

It’s unlikely to be necessary. Elgey has had to bide his time in the Queensland Cup this season but an injury to Daniel Mortimer has created an opportunity for the 21-year-old.

His selection has given him the chance to honour his father on the game’s biggest stage.

“His dad and I would be watching him all the time,” Kerr said.

“To see that (Ron’s death) happen and then Kane kick on — I have an unbelievable amount of admiration for what he has done and the way he has achieved it.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/

Go get em LG!!

DavidBouveng
28-03-15, 12:23 PM
Great story about Kane but my confidence about winning gas taken a huge dive with Srama being named in the squad he looks to be playing without a lot of confidence..

im not sure why he would have any confidence. he tried / got told he could leave in off season and then he played backup to a one-gamer for round one, and got shunted right out of team for someone coming back from drug charges.

i think Mosely is better than him and Falloon is marginally better, so i don't disagree with him being left out, but i can see why he would be jumping at shadows and not feeling great about things.

DIEHARD
28-03-15, 01:43 PM
Gold Coast Titans Kane Elgey a target for Cronulla Sharks on his NRL debut

GOLD Coast Titans rookie Kane Elgey has been warned to expect a defensive examination against Cronulla, with the Sharks likely to target the young halfback in his NRL debut.

The arrival of Elgey for injured half Daniel Mortimer has forced a big change in the Titans, with five-eighth Aidan Sezer to be switched to the right side of the field in both attack and defence so the 21-year-old can play his more natural game on the left.

Titans coach Neil Henry hopes the move ignites his attack, particularly bringing into play Dave Taylor and James Roberts running off Sezer, but warned Elgey his job will be the toughest of all.

“I suppose it’s a tough initiation. He has an away game against Cronulla at Remondis Stadium, two sides that haven’t had a win this year so it’s going to be one of those games where it’s tough out there,” Henry said.

“(Defence) has been a focus for him all pre-season, he has put on a few kilos and has been a bit stronger in his contact and he has been good at Queensland Cup.

“He has to ramp it up now, it’s a new level and he’ll have (Jayson) Bukuya running at him on that side of the field too.

“We’re confident that the men around him can help out as well and he’ll hold his own.

“He has some senior players around him as well, Ryan James outside him. But as Ryan said he is expected to make his tackles, it’s not up to Ryan to make his tackles. He will be there and be a presence for him.

As the reigning under 20s player of the year, Elgey comes into first grade carrying more expectation than any Titan graduate before him.

Some of the previous winners of that NYC award like Ben Hunt and David Klemmer have gone on to play for Australia, while five of the six are now established NRL players.

Titans skipper Nate Myles said the NRL team had taken notice of Elgey’s form last year in the junior competition and believed he was ready to step up to the elite level.

“His efforts in a side not doing fantastic last year to achieve that (award) we’ve certainly noticed,” Myles said.

“I think his style of football is confident but him as a kid he is a very shy, laughing sort of humble dude.

“Probably the last two days he has got a bit lippy (confident around the team), but before that his pre-season was fantastic. He trained hard and is getting the results off that.”

While the Sharks and Titans were the two least productive points scoring teams last year, Myles said it was important Gold Coast travelled to Sydney focused on producing a polished performance and not simply expecting another “dogfight”.

“Cronulla is a team that goes well with second phase play, they have a lot of offloaders in their team so we need to shut them down,” he said.

“We need to make sure we’re not just going down for a dogfight, we need to keep improving.

Our ball work and defence needs to be on the rise.

“We need to keep improving in all areas. If we’re going out there and our effort is through the roof but ball control and consistency with execution is down we won’t be happy.

“We need to make sure our effort matches our polish.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

DIEHARD
28-03-15, 01:45 PM
Titans attack shifts for rookie inclusion

2014 NYC Player of the Year Kane Elgey will make his NRL debut for the Titans in Round 4. Credit: Robb Cox. Copyright: NRL Photos.
The Titans will unveil a new-look attack against the Sharks on Saturday night in an attempt to exploit the speed of centre James Roberts and ease the transition of NRL debutant Kane Elgey into the top grade.

Elgey's inclusion at halfback comes at the expense of Daniel Mortimer who is expected to miss at least three weeks with a wrist injury suffered in the early minutes against the Knights last weekend.

Although five-eighth Aidan Sezer has played predominantly on the left edge in his four years at the Gold Coast he will shift to the right against Cronulla in order to accommodate Elgey who has played the majority of his footy also on the left.

As a result Sezer – who averaged 10 more touches per game than Mortimer in the first three rounds – will link up with the Titans' two major attacking threats on the right-hand side of the field in Roberts and Dave Taylor, an exciting prospect according to coach Neil Henry.

"We need to get the ball out to those guys at particular times and Dave will be better for that first run last week, so that could be a bit of a plan," Henry said on the eve of the clash of two teams still searching for their first win of the year.

"Aidan played a fair bit of junior footy on the right side of the field so it is a change-up for him, but he's excited too with Dave Taylor out on that side and James Roberts. He's looking forward to giving them some early ball.

"Aidan was quite OK with [the move to the right]. Kane's a left-footed kicker as well so it does change that up a little bit, we've got two left-footers out there doing most of the kicking but I'd expect Aidan will try to take a dominant role with our kicking."

It's been a rapid rise to the top grade for Elgey who graduated from the under-20s competition last year as the Holden Cup Player of the Year playing in a team that while competitive finished well down the ladder.

His focus through the pre-season has been to add some kilograms to his now 85-kilogram frame and improve his defence and captain Nate Myles is eager to see how he performs in his NRL debut.

"He's a fantastic player and for us as a playing group we need to make sure that it's an enjoyable experience. I'm very excited to see Kane play and he deserves his go," Myles said.

"He's gone back and done his time and is playing some great football so we need to make sure it's an enjoyable one for him.

"His style of football is confident but him as a kid, he's a very shy, laughing sort of humble dude so we'll enjoy to have him up there.

"Kane has been around the traps for a while now. NYC player of the year and everyone recognises that in a side that wasn't doing fantastic; for him to achieve that was definitely noticed."

Titans prop and former Shark Luke Douglas conceded earlier in the week that the prospect of earning their first win of the year will be looming large in the minds of the players from both teams but Henry believes the addition of Elgey will bring a positive response from his teammates.

"It's certainly a tough initiation. He's got an away game against Cronulla at Remondis, two sides that haven't had a win this year. It's going to be tough out there for him but I'm confident he'll handle that on that left edge," Henry said.

"His mum will be going down, there will be support around him, it's a good occasion. The boys will want to do well for him so there's a bit of motivation there and added incentive to try to get our first win of the year."

Hail Sezer
28-03-15, 03:55 PM
Paasi in, White out

- - - Updated - - -

Really happy for Agnatius, he's earnt that call up.

Jonathonbcode
28-03-15, 04:01 PM
Is it like some sort of inside joke that William Zillman keeps being selected in to every team selection? Surely, it is.

DavidBouveng
28-03-15, 04:34 PM
i just saw him giving the speech in the huddle...oh lawdy

Stalks
28-03-15, 05:11 PM
Complete lack of ball control - errors are killing us...

JunctionBlock
28-03-15, 05:12 PM
Do we have a clue? This defence is beyond the joke now. Theres no team here, just individuals.

Stalks
28-03-15, 05:14 PM
F*(K - again??

Titanic
28-03-15, 05:15 PM
Dodged a bullet … we have gone to pieces :(

gotitans101_
28-03-15, 05:18 PM
Zillman is a curse in this team I swear.

teke
28-03-15, 05:22 PM
There are tries on offer if Sezer is willing to hit mead out wide but getting down that end is the problem. Sharks pack starting to click. It's not a bad effort tbh.

DIEHARD
28-03-15, 05:23 PM
Great... I can't get livestream working...

Toads
28-03-15, 05:25 PM
Great... I can't get livestream working...

Not missing much, just combine the first 3 rounds 'n you'll get the picture to how we're looking (sorry to say). :(

LG is lookin' alright though, just seems a few of our regulars aren't use to him getting the ball away quicker than usual, and in turn coughing it up occasionally.

titanfan1980
28-03-15, 05:29 PM
I don't know if anyone will agree with me here, but I just don't think sezer is cutting it, sure last week he scored 2 try's ( 1 off a bomb that most fullbacks would catch but matautia let bounce) and the other backing up.. But last week he threw a forward pass and dropped a couple.. We need him to direct so far today he's thrown 2 hospital passes and his kicking game just isn't getting us out of trouble sure last week Mortimer didn't guide us to a win but sweet didn't exactly stick his hand up either.. Elgey looks ok out there for his first game.. There targeting him heavily but James seems to be with him and helping him out.. We really need out halves to take control.. And I'm not even gonna bother about zillman no more.. He's just horrible already 2 mistakes

Jonathonbcode
28-03-15, 05:30 PM
Maybe Zillman has a copy of Neil Henrys' internet history?

Mexican titan
28-03-15, 05:33 PM
There are tries on offer if Sezer is willing to hit mead out wide but getting down that end is the problem. Sharks pack starting to click. It's not a bad effort tbh.

I agree that its not a bad effort. I thought possession was greatly to the sharks but nrl.com has it 50/50.
As for zillman, words fail me. Cut the errors and we might get there but second halfs are usually a disaster for us.

Toads
28-03-15, 05:34 PM
Zillman is a curse in this team I swear.

Maybe we should start viewing Zillman as a entity instead of a player, and his presence is is the cause of it all. :p

Titanic
28-03-15, 05:36 PM
Elgey is going fine but why don't we get the ball to Roberts? Zillman? WTF!

Hail Sezer
28-03-15, 05:38 PM
Huge confidence boost for both LG and JR. Good stuff lads.

Titanic
Ha, called it :)

gotitans101_
Lovely kick Elgey, beautiful chase Roberts.

TitansFan92
28-03-15, 05:39 PM
look at that LG comes in and we suddenly have a kicking game close to the line

Titanic
28-03-15, 05:44 PM
Two loose carries, two penalties and Don in dreamland = try.

isaiah
28-03-15, 05:46 PM
look at that LG comes in and we suddenly have a kicking game close to the lineElgey's first of many try assists

Titanic
28-03-15, 05:49 PM
Mead has passed the ball in attack twice this year and 100% have been to the opposition.

isaiah
28-03-15, 05:49 PM
srama has 2 missed tackles, he wont get that again this season. great technique normally.

gotitans101_
28-03-15, 05:55 PM
Jeez Myles has stepped up his game tonight, this is what I like to see.

Titanic
28-03-15, 05:56 PM
Anybody want to argue that Myles hasn't been bludging recently? He is a different player today.

DIEHARD
28-03-15, 05:58 PM
OK Im back. Finally. 60mins gone and its 18all.

gotitans101_
Anybody want to argue that Myles hasn't been bludging recently? He is a different player today.

Yeah he's getting more involved in attack and defensively he's been really good too. Bird playing really well aswell.

DIEHARD
Tuned in as soon as Paasi scored. Im taking credit.

Titanic
28-03-15, 06:01 PM
Moseley will be starting next week and Mortimer can pack his bags.

lonegull
28-03-15, 06:03 PM
Referees once again having say on game

TitansFan92
28-03-15, 06:03 PM
Bird can pack his to

Hail Sezer
28-03-15, 06:08 PM
Zillman are you taking the piss?

titanfan1980
28-03-15, 06:08 PM

No coincidence that he has a go the week the club says they won't be taking up the last year on his contract.. Hahahahahahahaha zillman

lonegull
28-03-15, 06:09 PM
Zillman once again great for the opposite team he is a absolute joke no idea what so ever

Titanic
28-03-15, 06:09 PM
If Zillman is picked next week I'll be bombarding the club with complaints.

Toads
28-03-15, 06:10 PM
FFS, Henry has got to give Zillman next weekend off. He can't keep justifying his naming in the squad

rj62
28-03-15, 06:12 PM
you F*&^%n beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hail Sezer
28-03-15, 06:13 PM
Jimmy the jet!

come on lads hold them out

Toads
28-03-15, 06:13 PM
Woohoo! I was just about to say they need to get it to JR. But he done it all himself anyway. Woot!

rj62
28-03-15, 06:14 PM
Just hold on now fellas.....

Stalks
JR = fecking legend!

TitansFan92
Great intercept by Roberts. Now we just got to defend and no penalties.

rj62
28-03-15, 06:16 PM
what the hell is going on..............can we drop any more ball??

Boonarga
No advantage???? he ran 20 F'n metres!

Titanic
Zillman is a freakin' joke.

rj62
28-03-15, 06:17 PM
that will do us.......might be ugly but i don't care....

Can someone tell me how LG went?

Stalks
28-03-15, 06:18 PM
Lucky win, but I'll take it...

Hail Sezer
28-03-15, 06:19 PM
that will do us.......might be ugly but i don't care....

Can someone tell me how LG went?

Threatened the line with his dummy a few times early, few dubious decisions but that's expected from a Rookie. He will learn from them.

Solid performance overall for the lad on debut

JunctionBlock
28-03-15, 06:21 PM
Elgeys defence wasn't up to scratch. Hope he gets another chance. Zillman is deadset the worst player in the NRL. My wife had to shut the house up again cause all that was echoing around the neighbourhood was "f@#%ing Zillman" I'm done with idle keyboard threats with this guy, we need to, in mass contact the club and get him ousted or at least someone needs to help him with an off field accident.

Titanic
28-03-15, 06:22 PM
He a good solid debut … missed a few tackles but looked likely to create something nearly every time he touched the ball. LG on the left DCE on the right and we will be have a first class pairing.

gotitans101_
28-03-15, 06:24 PM
Zillman was probably the worst on the field, he was awful. As soon as he switched with Hoff I knew it was all downhill from there.

teke
28-03-15, 06:25 PM
Sharks the dumb bums lost that through simple errors

Toads
28-03-15, 06:25 PM
I'm not trying to rub your nose in it, Titan Crius. I guess there's no point anyway because I seen your post has been removed from this thread.

But I'll put it out there anyway. I hope you seen the game tonight and took note to why so many of us have had a gutful of seeing Zillman take to the paddock each week. I don't know how anyone could defend that effort from him tonight.

Mexican titan
28-03-15, 06:27 PM
No advantage???? he ran 20 F'n metres!

Yeah i agree. Advantage was taken but thank fark. First time for a while this house lifted the roof. How bad are the sharks?

lonegull
28-03-15, 06:28 PM
Also noticed that Hoffman only played first 10 minutes at fullback then zillman played there rest of the game all I ask is why o why zillman absolute pathetic

Elgey will only get better from his first run in top grade it's a steep learning curve from qqcup he will only get better

Mexican titan
28-03-15, 06:29 PM
Elgeys defence wasn't up to scratch. Hope he gets another chance. Zillman is deadset the worst player in the NRL. My wife had to shut the house up again cause all that was echoing around the neighbourhood was "f@#%ing Zillman" I'm done with idle keyboard threats with this guy, we need to, in mass contact the club and get him ousted or at least someone needs to help him with an off field accident.

Was going to say i agree with all of that but the last bit is a bit off. Just lets hope the coach does his job.

gotitans101_
28-03-15, 06:29 PM
Also noticed that Hoffman only played first 10 minutes at fullback then zillman played there rest of the game all I ask is why o why zillman absolute pathetic

Exactly! We looked so much better with Hoff at the back.

Hail Sezer
28-03-15, 06:30 PM
If this doesn't push Zillman back to qcup then I really don't know what will

Titan4Life
Lucky win but feels good to finally get the 2 points!!

Positives:
-Elgey had a few bad reads in defence and a few brain snaps but he was quite solid and definitely a improvement on Mortimer.

-Bird and Myles were two of our best on the field. Myles is definitely trying his hardest to secure a contract and Bird was getting through plenty of work.

Negatives:
-Zillman is the worst NRL player I've seen. That knock on near the end there was a crucial one. Crampton should be getting closer but then again our club keeps parading him around as our leader.

-Our completion rate is still poor. We need to learn to hold onto the ball especially in crucial times.

Nevertheless, can't wait to go to my first home game next week and hopefully the boys can make it a special one :thumbsup: Also interested to see what Elgey can do in his second game.

Titanic Believer
Surely,surely, Neil has seen enough of Zillman. how many times do we have to see him miss time that inside pass run? not to mention the knock ons at critical times. He MUST go to Qld Cup.

on a positive A WIN! Bird and Myles two of the best on the park.

Titan4Life
28-03-15, 06:32 PM

#OUSTZILLMAN

Mexican titan
28-03-15, 06:33 PM
Surely,surely, Neil has seen enough of Zillman. how many times do we have to see him miss time that inside pass run? not to mention the knock ons at critical times. He MUST go to Qld Cup.

This. But how many times do we have to say it.

hammer
28-03-15, 06:33 PM

Was thinking a mashup video of Zillman mis-timing that inside pass would one very, very long video!

JunctionBlock
28-03-15, 06:36 PM
Was going to say i agree with all of that but the last bit is a bit off. Just lets hope the coach does his job.

Fair call, I'll recant my "in the heat of the moment" threat on Zillman.

hammer
28-03-15, 06:37 PM
We have played way better than this and lost...so it is just great to get a win when we didn't play overly great.
Elgey will better for the run but also Bird, Taylor and Falloon (although I think Falloon maybe in trouble with the judiciary) will be better for their second run.

Jonathonbcode
28-03-15, 06:37 PM
None of you guys get it about Zillman. He works hard at training, damnit!

kioli
28-03-15, 06:38 PM
So good to get that win on the board.

Jonathonbcode
28-03-15, 06:40 PM
We need to dump Zillman, and stop the herpes from spreading. We also need better control of the ball, and no more Mortimer.

Mexican titan
28-03-15, 06:41 PM
We have played way better than this and lost...so it is just great to get a win when we didn't play overly great.
Elgey will better for the run but also Bird, Taylor and Falloon (although I think Falloon maybe in trouble with the judiciary) will be better for their second run.

Yep its a good sign to play fairly poorly and win. I would have liked Taylor to play more minutes. Falloon will get a few weeks I think. Just lapping up the win with a few beers and frankly i dont care how we got it.

Toads
28-03-15, 06:42 PM

Tend to agree, I missed the last part of JB's post. The rest in regards to Zillman is spot on though.

Titanic
28-03-15, 06:43 PM
Having a halfback that takes the ball to the line, has quick hands, can kick a bit and put players into holes is something that I thought only other clubs were allowed to have.

TitansFan92
28-03-15, 06:44 PM
I think the number 7 is LG's to lose now. He has shown enough imo to keep Mortimer out. Also I would like to see Falloon to come off the bench and use his zippy speed out of dummy half on tired defenders.

5 Year Contract
28-03-15, 06:53 PM
Finally! Was pretty much the exact repeat of our first 3 games and yet somehow we get the win!!! Our ball control and discipline are still abysmal but god it feels good to get a win. Myles was immense tonight! LG great debut! Sure there was good and bad but give him time and he will come good I'd rather continue with him and our attack look intimidating rather than the nothing Mortimer was offering up each week. Amazing to think we could be 3 from 4 at this stage. Lets hope this puts some faith back in the team that they can get the job done and lets keep kicking on!!

Finally Zillman....zilly.....the zilolololo! This joke has gone far enough now. You have your 150 games good for you but please go away and dont bother us anymore. You cant hack it in the current NRL and are a detriment to our team. I am honestly beggining to think Henry may not be the coach to lead us into the future if he continues with Zillman and especially switching him to Fullback 10mins in tonight. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but if I see Zillman named next week then I cannot continue to support him as our coach.

time to make the hard decision. Time to blood Crampton and time to GO zillman!!

Mexican titan
28-03-15, 06:54 PM
I am a bit surprised by the rating of LG's performance to be honest. I thought it was about a 5 out of 10 but if this is rebuilding year he must be persevered with as he will only get better. You could see that he has it.

Toads
28-03-15, 06:57 PM
I wasn't expecting miracles from LG tonight. But considering it was his debut, it wasn't too shabby at all.

Hail Sezer
28-03-15, 06:57 PM
I am a bit surprised by the rating of LG's performance to be honest. I thought it was about a 5 out of 10 but if this is rebuilding year he must be persevered with as he will only get better. You could see that he has it.

Definitely. All things considered it was a solid debut and it's clear he offers more than Morts

5 Year Contract
28-03-15, 07:01 PM
Agreed! Yeah wasn't the ushering in of the newest NRL superstar but its a kid getting a go proving he can hack it in the NRL. Still alot to do but the only way he is going to get where he needs to be is to keep giving him a go. I'd rather see him fail and learn then watch Mortimer fail knowing that we have no future with him.

JunctionBlock
28-03-15, 07:02 PM

5 out of 10 when compared to our overall performance tonight as a team is fantastic. Not trying to stir the pot, I mean, we won, but we were awful. We are getting murdered up the middle because we can't control the speed of the ruck.

Hail Sezer
28-03-15, 08:03 PM
In press conference Henry confirmed that we are in negotiations with LG to extend his contract although there is interest from other clubs. Fingers crossed we can lock him down.

DavidBouveng
28-03-15, 08:10 PM
yeah LG was about a 5. a few nice touches, some nice runs at the line, and looked like he was just testing out his new car, seeing the limits and judging what he was up against. He will improve. He did miss a few tackles, but they put it on him to test him, and most halves miss tackles in msot matches... we were just looking at him closely cos he is a small kid on debut.

Myles was Myles better. Bird was strong in play, but off the ball he was a mess giving penalties on our line. Its really frustrating me. In other sports, or maybe just teams with better accountability, your team mates would have pulled you up by now asking whether you're helping or hurting.

Roberts was pretty poor early, and got no good ball still, but managed to get 2 tries. Wade graham hit him on the chest better than any Titan has in his year with us.

Zill did us proud by playing his 150th game true to the fashion he has played the other 149. i'll let you all decide if that's a compliment or not.

Taylor was strong early. really strong actually. in defence especially. probably why he only lasted 20 mins. but anyone who says he is lazy doesn't watch football.

We got the win, but at 18-18 i wished we got to see Moseley there to spr=ark something.

happy for Paasi. good fella, well esrnt try and had a few good carries.

James hurts as much as he helps i think.

Smakked
28-03-15, 08:17 PM
A win is a win. Played very patchy, i thought Elgey played well, yo could see he was nervous but thats to be expected. Give him more time and the right guidance and he will be a star, Bird played strong with some good carrys, Ryan James needs to go back to Qcup and learn basics and show some discipline with the ball. as we all said Zillman needs to be lost in the desert some where never to be seen again.

karnage
28-03-15, 09:07 PM
Wow!! I'm amazed by the sentiments on here tonight. I thought people would be more excited by what they saw tonight. I totally, 100%, understand the Zillman frustration but after those heartbreaking losses v the Tigers and Knights I'm just so happy. Especially with a big Friday night home game on deck!!

Elgey didn't really do anything but that was always going to be a very, very tough place to debut - I'm really excited about seeing him with a full week of training and in a more open and flowing game v the Broncos.

Roberts is a jet. He actually makes an opposition team defend him.

Think about where we were at after the round 2 loss. Think about where we were when it looked like Gordon had scored!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at Ennis!!

In no year like this, I really think we have no choice but to really enjoy moments such as these. I know I am!!!

Titanic
28-03-15, 09:18 PM
I think the James on the edge experiment can now be considered a fail … he can't run holes at all and LG hit him pretty fairly a couple of times and James had nothing. He also seems to play like that when Bird is around. I wouldn't send him back but I would have a word in his ear and then put him in the middle where he belongs … he is a Kite type player with poor discipline.

I just can't imagine how we would look with a real left centre. I just can't imagine how Roberts would go with some early ball and apart from his goal kicking, teke and MT are welcome to Sezer - when he's on the left we have nothing out wide and when he's on the right, well … just the same different side.

Loved the win but now reality will kick in - I hope the Warriors smash Waynes' girls badly.

JunctionBlock
28-03-15, 09:20 PM

I think you meant Dragons.

teke
28-03-15, 09:23 PM
I think you meant Dragons.i think u should get use to Zillman being fb for the next 3 yrs

Mexican titan
28-03-15, 09:35 PM
teke and MT are welcome to Sezer - when he's on the left we have nothing out wide and when he's on the right, well … just the same different side.

I don't want him. His kicking game today was back to it's woeful worst. Can he ever find the ground with a distance kick - straight down a players throat every time. I have said for a while now he is too slow between the ears and he obviously never looks where the opposition fullback and wingers are as he always puts it straight to them.
But I don't want to take away from the win. We have deserved to win before today so I'll take it.

DavidBouveng
28-03-15, 09:35 PM
we are a missed tackle against the knights and a chancey field from Pat richards from being 3-1 out of four games, while we have played with very poor execution for large periods and given silly penalties like crazy.

saving grace is our ability to remain in the contest and fight till the death. good traits to build on while we establish some form of an attacking plan. there are glimpses here and there. you see every now and then there is a passage that was obviously rehe****d but it needs to be more often.

Will take it, but remember it was the sharks, one of the only teams playing worse than us so far. We need a big rise to compete against even mid tier teams.

but if we fight hard, compete and slowly improve while getting games into LG and Mosely, im ok with that.

also, sign val holmes. a few of us on here said it a few weeks ago...but you give him twice as much as you would give Alex Johnston. He will be a star

Mexican titan
28-03-15, 09:37 PM
I think you meant Dragons.

Yeah mate - one try each. But this is not a Manly club thread!

TITAN PETE
28-03-15, 09:44 PM
Excellent win & very happy with LG's debut his game will improve 10 fold by next week & Paasi will now cement a spot in the 17 , let's hope for Mosely to return for next week as Falloon will be outed for a few weeks after his lifting tackle also agree with most that Myles played very well tonight along with Simpkins..

Bring on the Donkeys

JunctionBlock
28-03-15, 09:47 PM
i think u should get use to Zillman being fb for the next 3 yrs

Bout the same time Mateo is off contract?

DavidBouveng
28-03-15, 09:48 PM
matty white will find it hard to get back into the team. as will Hala, who i really want to see play for us

TITAN PETE
28-03-15, 09:59 PM
matty white will find it hard to get back into the team. as will Hala, who i really want to see play for us

Hala will come through Burliegh when he's right to play as Gordon did today helping the Bears beat Northern Pride today

teke
28-03-15, 10:09 PM
Bout the same time Mateo is off contract?You keep zilly and I'll keep Mateo

karnage
28-03-15, 10:41 PM
Excellent win & very happy with LG's debut his game will improve 10 fold by next week & Paasi will now cement a spot in the 17 , let's hope for Mosely to return for next week as Falloon will be outed for a few weeks after his lifting tackle also agree with most that Myles played very well tonight along with Simpkins..

Bring on the Donkeys

We get Brisbane off the back of a five day turnaround and a trip home from NZ, that's pretty brutal scheduling for them. I hope tomorrow's game is hard, bruising and fast!!

titanfan1980
29-03-15, 12:34 AM
I'm not to sure why people don't think Ryan's doing a good job he made 36 tackles he had to make a lot for LG which is expected I think with LG there they were looking ok together I say give them a few weeks to gel, Ryan's only just getting use to second row, he made a try saver for us at one point. And wow didn't nate have a go tonight? Of he brings that every week we can actually start to compete that's what we need from our captain

Titanic
29-03-15, 01:38 AM
As James' critic I point out that he turns like the Titanic and he's got the discipline of a manic Greg Bird but that doesn't mean I don't like or don't want him in the team … I do but not on that edge.

I forgot to mention, I like the way Simpkins, Bird and Taylor just bobbed-up either side.

Show and Go
29-03-15, 06:23 AM
Our first win of the year. Good tough win. I missed most of the game but saw the Passi and Coke Train tries.

Smakked
29-03-15, 10:45 AM
I like Ryan James , but he needs to pull his head in just run straight and hard thats what he is there for. Remember a couple of years ago how well he played , i want to see him play like that again

shamus
29-03-15, 11:25 AM
Our first win of the year. Good tough win. I missed most of the game but saw the Passi and Coke Train tries.

This is not Facebook mate....Can't we just call the players by their names?

Bayside Titan
29-03-15, 03:59 PM
It was a win that we needed , but very ugly, a win none the less. I thought Elgey was dominated by the larger personalities in the team and needed to come out of his shell abit , but a good game for game one. I liked the impact our bench guys in Petty and Passi gave us , these two guys played pretty well and IMO thought that Petty was our best forward while out there. Without stating the obvious Hoff needed to our full time FB. SSezer tried to do too much and needs to let LG get more ball. Crampton should come into our centres for the Broncos game.

DIEHARD
29-03-15, 04:05 PM
Highlights

<script height="523px" width="930px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=9ycGM4dDq1fwGYMJ50Wzw4wt3-IS1VSC&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>

K2G
29-03-15, 04:17 PM
Great to get the win. Especially considering the shocking calls that went against us (and have been going against us the last three rounds), and the 'banter' our guys were copping from the fans, and ground announcer. Was a good night.

Some thoughts,

Realistically, we stilled look like a bottom 4 side. The effort is so obviously there, and penalties, errors and reffs calls (we can't seem to buy a 50/50 call atm) aren't helping, but putting these issues to the side, we just aren't clicking on either side of the ball. That said, I like some of the small steps the team appears to be taking and so far as a rebuilding season goes, I'm excited as to what 2016/17/18 may hold.

Myles was our best by far. Inspirational (origin like) desperation and effort from him. Where's it been?

Simpkins has impressed me a hell of a lot in his three games for us thus far. I thought he would turn out to be the worst of our off-season signings, but I was wrong. Decent motor, rarely misses tackles, low error rate, leg speed and footwork are deceptively good, an he has a nice short pass at the line. It's not that he's a worldbeater, just that he's defied my expectations. As our 2016 team begins to take shape, i can see him being a good depth player for us.

Paasi: I'm starting to love this bloke. Bit of a cult hero in the making I think. Much like Moseley and LG, the more games we get into him this season the better. Can't wait until he starts to feel like he belongs, because once he does (and once the team as a whole starts playing with some fluency and confidence) I can see Paasi potentially terrorising oppositions.

Douglas put in a typical 'unsung hero' performance. He was getting the ball and taking those horrible hit-ups that nobody else wanted and driving it right into the teeth of the sharkies often early in sets when the sharkies were getting great line-speed and giving it to us. Unlike a few - Dougie constantly looked hungry for every single inch on offer. Did nothing special, but I really noticed his effort this game.

Bird and James both had some really excellent touches, but the penalties were just so frustrating. That said, we loose that game by 12+ without them IMO. Our backline being as small and disjointed as it is, gets bullied when momentum turns against us, and these two just provide that bit of grunt that we need. Both of them NEED to get the penalties out of their game URGENTLY though, because for all the good the do, their penalties are killing us.

I actually think Zillman had a better game than many on here do. Especially early (from centre lol) his defense was ... great (i think the fabric of time and space just warped as i typed that!!). His two knock-ons, and especially that last one on our line, were brutal, but all things being equal, one of his better games ... for what that's worth. Don't get me wrong, I still think this team is screaming for a real fullback and left centre.

More alarmingly, does anyone honestly think Hoffman is living up to the fanfare yet? Yes it's early and his opportunities have been limited to non-existent, but Don, Roberts and Mead have all outplayed him while still being relatively quiet. In the few minutes Hoffman has had at the back, I haven't seen anything from him to get excited about. TBH, I still don't think he's the next best fullback in the team. I wish Henry would give Mead or Roberts a game there.

I have officially accepted that Beau Falloon > Matt Srama. I have backed Srama to the hilt, but he has just lost something from his game, that he still hasn't gotten back. Falloon will be scrubbed out for a few weeks after that tackle, and realistically when everyone is fit, Moseley should be given the keys to the team, with mortimer coming off the bench... but in this continuing paradigm of scared coaching, I'll take Falloon's defense over Sramas.

Sezer showed that despite his status in our team, he hasn't developed enough to be a dominant half in this competition week in week out. He will make a great foil to a more mature and dominant half and will no doubt have a really good career that should only get better and better as he progresses. While he will probably end up in Sydney, and my preference is 100% LG & DCE for 2016, if for some reason we end up with Sezer & DCE, we could do much worse.

Elgey is the future and we'd be crazy to let him go. Was stoked to be there for his debut and sat right near his family (and Beau Henry) ... It was mixed night for the kid, but he showed enough IMO.

Bring on the Donkeys :thumbsup:

Forgot to mention Pettybourne, who again, showed the way forward for us against the Sharks. Well and truly our buy of the season so far (although Moseley should have that title by seasons end). I'm not sure if it's a coaching issue, but I can't understand why we don't have our quick guys running in support behind Petty (and Myles, and Taylor) who seem able to get an arm free regularly. LG has great support play and hope we see this facet of his game next week.

teke
29-03-15, 05:06 PM
Falloon always been better than Srama
Pettybourne lost alot of speed since coming back to the nrl but gained some brains it seems.
Paasi is my boi, he'll be around for yrs
Things happen around Roberts, he struggles defensively, always has had errors in his game but scores tries. You will never see him at fb cause he'd be blowing after 10mins. Terrible cardio.
LG, Manly will get him taking on the line alot more in the future.
An entertaining game and the sharks blew my chance at making money with dumb plays

Mexican titan
29-03-15, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the at the ground report K2G. I think Hoff is as frustrated as us supporters. Gets named as FB then after 15 minutes he gets moved because the golden child is a poor centre.

K2G
29-03-15, 05:22 PM

I agree ... Manly's flaccid, non-threatening forward pack will entice LG to take them on, for many years to come as a titan.

:thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the at the ground report K2G. I think Hoff is as frustrated as us supporters. Gets named as FB then after 15 minutes he gets moved because the golden child is a poor centre.

Zillman's 15 mins at centre against the sharks was better than any 15 mins of the game that Hoffman spent there. Sad to say.

DavidBouveng
29-03-15, 06:10 PM
i agree guys Petty has been pretty awesome. imagine if he had a full preseason. he will be even better next year.

teke
29-03-15, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the at the ground report K2G. I think Hoff is as frustrated as us supporters. Gets named as FB then after 15 minutes he gets moved because the golden child is a poor centre.Agreed. Hoff just has to deal with the situation best he can.

gcboyz
29-03-15, 06:16 PM
This is not Facebook mate....Can't we just call the players by their names?

OK if that is the case then I will not mention our future players Sugar, Bio, and K.

Toads
29-03-15, 06:50 PM

Thank **** Ken Arthurson is a distant memory. Otherwise he'd make this happen, come hell or high water.. :p

Mexican titan
29-03-15, 07:33 PM
Thank **** Ken Arthurson is a distant memory. Otherwise he'd make this happen, come hell or high water.. :p

Not a distant memory at all mate. I see him at Main Beach all the time. And his opinion at Manly still counts for plenty.

Toads
29-03-15, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I was just reading earlier that he has retired to the Coast, and has been known to turn up 'n support the Titans at times, though much to a lesser extent than Manly (fair call). :)

Take a leaf outta Ken's book, teke. :p

Titanic
29-03-15, 07:40 PM
Does anybody agree that our away jersey was ridiculously close to the Sharks … WTF, our home jersey would have been perfect.